Speaker 1: Transmitting, Welcome to Friday Show. We got a big one more in a studio morning, Easy trivia. The category of sports Morgan. How many points is a touchdown worth in American football? Like a well six and then you get that extras? Okay, nobody goes home one? So Eddie? Including home plate? How many bases are there in baseball? We'll played first, second, third, home four? Correct? Amy? What sport uses a puck hockey? Correct? Abby?
Speaker 2: In basketball? How many points is a free throw worth?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 1: Correct? Okay, Easy trivia. Morgan's a champion. She also has the only win this season. It's a whole new hurt. The category is iconic movie roles. If you're wondering why Lunchbox is not playing, he finished last place last time, so he's out for this season. Wame Iconic movie roles, Morgan.
Speaker 4: What's the name of the actor who played Jack and Titanic Leonardo DiCaprio Correct Eddie, who played Forrest Gump and Forrest Gump My Favorite, Tom Hanks, correct Amy, who played Indiana Jones and Raiders of the.
Speaker 2: Lost Arc Harrison Ford correct Abby, who played Neo in The Matrix.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's not happening. Again, I'm going backwards.
Speaker 5: I know his name.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, why am I doing this?
Speaker 1: Do you give me one second? Okay, go ahead, We're only on the air.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: Had come back and have you ready? What the heck?
Speaker 2: Which actor played Neo in the Matrix five seconds?
Speaker 1: He was married to Nicole Kidman. I can't think of his name. I'm drawing a blank answer. It was why does different movie? Because you got you? Because this is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Stop, I'm just rusty.
Speaker 1: Okay, Abby's out, one down, Morgan. Things states are known for is the category? Okay?
Speaker 2: Which US state is known for? Peaches?
Speaker 1: Georgia? Pizzas? Peaches Georgia? Correct, hard to get cute times?
Speaker 6: Eddie?
Speaker 2: What state is famous for potatoes? I had a hope?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: Why do you say? Like?
Speaker 3: This is what you say?
Speaker 1: Amy?
Speaker 2: Which state is known as the birthplace of jazz?
Speaker 1: The state?
Speaker 5: So I'm thinking New Orleans, which was in Louisiana. So I'm answering carefully with Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Correct, thank you.
Speaker 1: The category is history, Morgan, which ship sank in nineteen twelve after hitting an ice the Titanic? Correct, Eddie, which country gifted the statue of Liberty to the United States France?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Amy, and which You're at Christopher Columbus First Arrive in the Americas.
Speaker 5: Fourteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: Correct. Next category songs with food in the titles songs of food in the titles Morgan, what's the name of the artist who sings the song Watermelon Sugar? Watermelon Sugar? Harry Styles?
Speaker 2: Correct Eddie?
Speaker 1: What singer is known for the folk rock hit American Pie, released in nineteen seventy one. Don McClain correct what Amy? Which band released the song Strawberry Fields Forever in nineteen sixty seven? Beatles? Correct? The category is fictional schools Three people remain? What's the name of the school in Harry Potter Morgan Hogwarts Correct Eddie, what's the name of the school?
Speaker 2: And Saved by the Bell giving you a look of idiot?
Speaker 5: No, I'm like, that's that's probably the only one I do know, So I'm sad he got it?
Speaker 2: She give me the idiot look?
Speaker 3: Got it? Amy?
Speaker 1: On What TV show? Do they attend Hawkins Middle School and later Hawkins High School?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hawkins Middle School and later Hawkins High School.
Speaker 1: Guys, guys, give me the idiot look. If you know Gosh, I don't feel good it.
Speaker 5: No, I was making that noise because Bayside was the only school I knew. I don't know Hawkins.
Speaker 1: And what like?
Speaker 5: What school do they go to Junior high and then high school?
Speaker 1: What TV show do they attend? Hawkins Middle School and later Hawkins High School?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, this is not the same as Simpsons.
Speaker 1: No, guys, I watched. Sorry about that, Morgan and Eddie. The category is measurements. Oh boy, Morgan, how many ounces are in a pound? I know how many ounces are in a cup.
Speaker 5: I don't know then to know how when you are in a pound?
Speaker 7: Shoot?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, well there's eight ounces in one cup?
Speaker 1: Sixteen ounces? How many ounces and a pound? Thirty two ounces?
Speaker 2: Sixteen?
Speaker 1: Dang? I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah liquid amounce and weight are different.
Speaker 1: I know, And that's what I was throwing off. So like a tall boy of beer, that's a that's a pound.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's an amount.
Speaker 1: That's sixteen sixty ounces. Yeah, but it does matter. Let's move on for anounce, Eddie. How many centimeters are in a meter?
Speaker 8: Interesting?
Speaker 1: Dang, you gave me an idiot?
Speaker 5: Look, well, I don't know this one.
Speaker 8: No, I'm saying all.
Speaker 1: Almost so many things. You're out sound effect, quin I am oh I.
Speaker 5: Lunchbugs, you make no sounds.
Speaker 1: You're not playing.
Speaker 9: You got him a good one, all right, you're not playing either, Amy Eddie.
Speaker 3: I mean a cent is one hundred?
Speaker 1: How many centimeters and a meter? Right?
Speaker 10: So I would think one hundred centimeters would go into a meter? Or is it just ten? How long is a meter?
Speaker 8: That? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay? A meter?
Speaker 10: The pool? So like a fifty meter pool? And then I remember centimeters being on the thing. Yeah, give me a hundred one hundred centimeters and a meter?
Speaker 1: Hit me correct? Yes, yes, winner, Yeah, it's anonymous.
Speaker 8: Barre's the question.
Speaker 7: To be.
Speaker 1: Hello, Bobby Bones, what is something people assume that you're quite comfortable with but you actually struggle with? Signed b teamer in Boston. I'm gonna ask you guys this question too, So to come back around, what is something people think I'm comfortable with? So number one is probably one. The entertainment industry is a fickle industry, and I feel like I've been spending twenty plus years building something that is pretty great, but that it could all be taken away. And then I'm honestly all I've been through therapy so much that I'm back and I'm poor again. Like that's my number one fear is that I'm back and I'm back to where I started. And that's not a rational fear, but that's my number one fear, Like survival mode always kicks in.
Speaker 2: It's like, man, there's some rough times I'm gonna be back there.
Speaker 1: So I struggle with that. I struggle with turning my brain off, so that's why I don't sleep a lot. But I also think that goes back to that first one too, that I have to always keep running because if I don't run, it's gonna eventually turn into failures, which turn a no job, which turns into be im poor again. So me shutting my brain off is that one. And then always feeling like I need to be productive always always, if there's any time down, there's no time down, I got to figure out what to do in that time down in order to be productive. So that's probably the stuff that I struggle with the most. There's also like the new dad stuff, and I'm sure all that's going to factor in, but that's probably what I deal with most internally, even it's so subconscious now, but it's still taxing on me, Amy you, Yeah.
Speaker 5: The parenting stuff that gets me for real. That'll sometimes like then you realize, like nobody has a fear out, nobody knows what they're really doing. It's just that I'm capable and believing in myself. I feel like sometimes I'll get a handle on it. But similar to you, you have those ones that are so deep rooted that you know you've done the work, but it'll still rear its uglyhead sometimes and you're like, it's like whack them all and you're like, cool, get down, I'll get down.
Speaker 1: Not like James Brown, get down, get get down, mold no.
Speaker 5: Get down, lockmole, like You're just that's one that constantly will find its way back up to the surface somehow, even when I feel like I've done the work to push it down. But then that's great because when it does, I sort of know, I can recognize it and have that awareness, but it still pops up even though I've worked on it.
Speaker 10: Eddie, You guys may not know this about me, but I have sensory overload. So like big rooms, Vegas stresses me out, which is a weird thing because everyone's always like, man, you're so much fun.
Speaker 2: Whatever are you always trying to a complain about yourself?
Speaker 1: What do you mean again? This feels like with Morgan was like people tell me how much pretty your own person?
Speaker 10: No, people are like always like ah, life of the party are so fun, life with the party, which I do act like that when I'm in Vegas and big.
Speaker 3: Rooms or whatever.
Speaker 10: But like Morgan is right, but in reality, I'm stressing out deep inside because noises, a lot of people talking kind of stressing me out because I just hear like white noise almost like one of television's just like going.
Speaker 3: It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 9: Lunchbox man, I don't struggle with a lot, so this is I'm just digging deep here. I guess fashion, you know, when we have a big event, you know what I mean. I show up and I look good, but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to wear. But I still knock it out of the park. But I do struggle with that.
Speaker 1: But I think the question was people think you don't struggle with it, but we know you struggle with that.
Speaker 3: Oh you do know.
Speaker 9: I figure when you put pictures on Instagram and it's like, man, Lunchpot's got.
Speaker 1: His fashion game together now. I think whenever you wear something good, people freak out because they're like, who is this guy? Yeah, okay, you're good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Besides that, I'm good man. I don't really struggle, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Eddie's reminding me of one that's like not as serious, but it is a thing like I don't like overhead lights, Like I don't like lights on. Like at home, I keep everything dim and I don't really realize it unless like other people at my house or other people bring it up and they want to turn the lights off, and I instantly go over and bring them down, like the it's over stimulating. There was something weird about it. I'm not saying people think, well, it's so weird.
Speaker 1: You're so fun.
Speaker 2: You're known as being the light person, which is weird.
Speaker 9: Like, no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is hard. This is hard.
Speaker 10: That's why I was being vulnerable with you guys, because.
Speaker 1: Everybody thinks I'm awesome day Do they expect that I'm loving this?
Speaker 8: I am?
Speaker 5: Can I say another one without you thinking that I'm giving myself a compliment?
Speaker 1: Probably not? Oh, here we go, here we go.
Speaker 5: Well, because lunch Trucks has also reminded me of like fashion or dressing. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I just go.
Speaker 5: Everyone might think that that comes if they see outfits or something like, especially if I might be good at that, But I don't. Like I'm so uncomfortable. I freak out. I text like Caitlin, I have to get like five friends opinions before buying anything. You know, Like, it's not I'm not that confident in that area at all. Like, if you see me in a cute outfit, I probably did not get out.
Speaker 1: Even though everybody's like Amy so hot as one we got. This question was a trap man, Thank you for that. Close it up. I love Tom Bergeron. He was a host of Dancing with Stars. He was on America's Funniest Home Videos. Remember that. Oh yeah, he was awesome after Bob saget Hollywood Squares and I got.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna talk to Tom coming up in a second.
Speaker 1: But I got deeply offended because I felt like, out of nowhere, he threw some shade to me. This is an interview that he was doing. This was on TikTok, and this is kind of why I got upset.
Speaker 11: You know, it's funny you're asking about eliminations. The thing that shocked me most was a win. Oh tell me, Bobby Bones. That was when I went, you know, Bobby Bones, was the first time I kind of it was like ouch.
Speaker 1: So that happened. My feelings were hurt because I love Tom bergeron and so we start the whole interview with me bringing that up.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Bobby, I want to leave it the first question, why do you hate me?
Speaker 8: Now Here's the thing.
Speaker 11: I don't know if you give I don't know if you give titles to these podcasts, but in my mind the title for this one is Friendship clean Up on Aisle two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love you.
Speaker 12: I never stopped loving you, you know, and I feel the same about you. And I felt terrible that the way I phrased my honest surprise at your win. I think the question to me was what's the most shocking elimination do you remember? And I honestly, I'm at the point where I hide my own Easter eggs, so I couldn't remember a shocking elimination. And I wish I had said, well, this wasn't a shock, but it was a surprise when Bobby Bones won, the fact that it hurt your feelings and that you sent your trophy back I felt terrible about that. In all honesty, I knew in the moment that I think.
Speaker 11: I even said to you, because I watched it again and I said, as I was handing you in chart of the trophy, I said, you're the people's champion, and that was true, and it was true because understandably you were able to get your radio audience.
Speaker 8: To vote en mass for you.
Speaker 11: I knew, though, the producer part of my brain knew that this will probably cause the show and the real producers to give the judges a bit more of the sway, so you know it all, Kendery you want, according to the rules of the show at the time, but I knew that something would change, and it did.
Speaker 1: And my argument with the rules changing was there just wasn't another example, really pre or post of my lightning in a bottle scenario. So I didn't feel like it really demanded a rule change because it hadn't happened a couple or three times out of five. It was such a weird and wild season and I knew that, but I thought they shouldn't change the rules because this happens once.
Speaker 2: It's such an outlier.
Speaker 1: And what they did the next season was is they allowed the judge to have a save, and.
Speaker 2: I thought that was good anyway.
Speaker 1: I didn't mind that anyway, But I do take pride in making them change the.
Speaker 8: Rules as you should, as you should.
Speaker 1: It was a fun year. And what else it helped me do was I had like a ton of television offers because people were like, we didn't know people cared so.
Speaker 8: And let's address that.
Speaker 11: Because before they went to Tyra Banks to replace me, they went to you.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, but in full transparency. I was told you were leaving. It wasn't I had to they fired me. Well, that was not the conversation that they had with me. It was, hey, Tom is leaving at the end of this season. Would you want to come and host Dancing with Stars? And I said, I think that would be great. But again, I like respected you so much. I was like, hey, can I talk to Tom and like get advice on this decision? And they were like, contractually, we don't think you should do that.
Speaker 11: They are such weasels sometimes of honest to god.
Speaker 1: I and then it didn't work out and I found out. I was on a driving range one day and I had multiple conversations. I would say level five conversations, and I thought it was getting pretty close, and then I see a tweet come through Tyra Banks as just signed on, and I went what we walked through all of that and then out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: I never had it, so they didn't take it from me.
Speaker 1: But every indication was I was going to be that guy that industry is so fleeting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it was interesting.
Speaker 11: I mean the tweet I was proudest of when I heard that Tyra Banks was going to get the job because Tom Bridger on Tyra Banks, I tweeted, I guess I'm not getting back my monogram towels. But you know, that just sort of underscores the kind of people and the character of the people I was dealing with at the time that they fired me and said to you, oh, contractually, you really shouldn't talk to Tom about this because that.
Speaker 8: Would have their cover.
Speaker 1: Now looking back, I see that, But I really was like, can I ask Tom for advice? And it was no, we really shouldn't talk to him about that, because I honestly had I was on American Idol, I was going to do a net Geo show, so that was coming. I was going to do a series on that GEO and those were already lined up and in that job, and I thought that would be fun if I could make it work, because I love my time on that show. I thought Aaron was awesome, you were so kind to me, and I thought that would be super fun to do. And then it was don't talk to Tom, and then it was never mind. It wasn't even never mind. I never got a call after I didn't get it. That's what's crazy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's tip that, given who was in charge of decisions at the time, that doesn't surprise me at all. You know, had you reached out to me, I would have told you to take it, because even though they didn't officially fire me until July of twenty twenty, but I kind of knew. I mean, I was bumping heads with the showrunner at the time. We had had issues over bookings, promises were made and not kept, YadA YadA, So I would have you know, I would have I've been happy to talk to you about it and advised you to take it, but I would have told you who to watch out.
Speaker 1: Fun fact, the Hawaiian punch was originally developed in nineteen thirty four, not as a drink. They would just poured it on top of ice cream. It was an ice cream topping. Oh, it was just kind of like a strawberry, like a punch eat delicious. Yeah. So then it made it until like the forties to juice. So for ten years they just poured it on ice cream. That's my first fun fact. Amy.
Speaker 5: So, animals, especially dogs and cats, can be allergic to humans. What we have dander as well, it's our flaky skin, and it's like some of our proteins and human fluids lead to symptoms and animals like itchy skin, hair loss, sneezing, digestive issues and maybe starting to think, like I wonder if Bobby's.
Speaker 1: Dog's allergic to my Stanley the bulldog's allergic to everything. But also we wouldn't know because they can't talk to us. We just think it's a dog being a dog.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, true, But I mean I just talked about not being able to talk to animals.
Speaker 2: You know my theory that government has they talked animals All animals are just dogs. Yeah, they probably started with dogs or dolphins.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I tell you a quick dolphin story and Mike you can back check.
Speaker 2: The crap out of this.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go back in the forties. I may get my decade wrong. Back in the forties, we had a program where we were training dolphins to learn English, and it was going pretty well. And so dolphins probably the smartest specie octopus. But we don't really have a good communication with octopos and I'll make noise. And so the head trainer that was working with the dolphin, they ended up having to discontinue it because he was having sexual to the dolphins.
Speaker 5: No, he was not the other one.
Speaker 1: They caught him then when they caught him, so hold on, I'm not done. Then when they caught him and discontinued the program, the dolphin killed itself.
Speaker 2: No way, let me look at facts see if this is true.
Speaker 1: Nineteen sixties okay, NASA funded research project in the US Virgin Islands where the trainer lived and attempted to teach a male dolphin named Peter to communicate in English. This gets worse and worse. Name is Peter, as Peter matured. By the way, the scientist was Margaret. How love it was a woman? As Peter. As Peter matured, he became sexually interested in love it, often disrupting training sessions to manage this and keep on focused.
Speaker 2: She did stuff to the dolphin, and.
Speaker 1: When the experiment ended, Peter moved a different facility where he died by suicide, where dolphin stopped breathing voluntarily because he got taken away from his girl.
Speaker 10: Okay, they're blaming it on Peter, like Peter is the one that wanted it.
Speaker 5: She would abuse the dolphin.
Speaker 1: I didn't say abuse.
Speaker 5: There's no way she got consent, don't.
Speaker 1: Well they were communicating. Well, no, I think you do if there is communication.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm just telling you a story.
Speaker 1: That's a crazy story.
Speaker 3: Crazy story.
Speaker 5: That's that's why did I think it was a man, Because we think.
Speaker 1: Men have sex with animals. Probably what happens because men are gross and stupid.
Speaker 3: What on earth?
Speaker 5: My mind is blown? Is there a documentary?
Speaker 1: Why do you need to see that? The whole story is just how they fell in love.
Speaker 3: That's kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: It's fascinating.
Speaker 3: And then the dolphins.
Speaker 1: There is a YouTube story called the Girl who Talked to Dolphins. It's a BBC deal. Anyway, that's a real thing. I just ken in my mind that's crazy. Huh, yeah, that's so fun. No, it's kind of fun. We tried to teach dolphins how to talk. But my hypothesis is that we not theory, because theory is proved, is mostly proven. But my hypothesis is that the government knows how to communicate with certain animals in ways that we have no idea. Yeah, all right, Amy, be fun.
Speaker 2: I gave you mine, Oh I got I guess I tried another.
Speaker 9: Dolphins fact, children smile roughly four hundred times a day. Adults average fifteen smiles per day.
Speaker 3: That's so sad.
Speaker 2: I just get less and less as we get older because we got to pay for those children and their smiles.
Speaker 5: Right, Morgan, we don't really know who the venor of the fire hydrant is because the patent was destroyed in a fire.
Speaker 1: That's ironic, Ironylanta should have put that in that song, Isn't it then?
Speaker 2: Ironic to the patent of a firefighter he died in the fire.
Speaker 1: Eddie.
Speaker 10: You guys like big beans in a can, all right, I forget the question then, But baked beans in a can, the guys, they're not baked. They are stewed. Sometimes they're even pressure cooked inside the can. So it's a lie when you go to the store and you see it on the shelf.
Speaker 3: That's not true.
Speaker 1: They're not ba baked. They're not baked, they're pressure cooked in. I feel like the same people that suit Subway for not being and I should suit for this. It's just somebody board is gonna hear this. Be like there's a lawsuit an all female spacewalk and you're gonna love this one. Hey, prepare yourself for the loving one?
Speaker 5: What did these women do?
Speaker 1: An all female spacewalk planted for twenty nineteen had to be canceled because NASA did not have two spacesuits to fit women. They just had one, so they sent one woman to one man. Wait, what like there weren't enough space suits for women? We had one?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 5: Why didn't they? They couldn't building the Probably spaces are really expensive.
Speaker 1: Don't ask me, man.
Speaker 3: It's not cool. NASA, Yeah, Nasa, The.
Speaker 1: Times NASA at twenty nineteen. Let's walk this so annoyed by Eddie because of a cigar I guess the one that he got from Key West? Yeah, key West.
Speaker 9: I mean he walked around Key West with it in his mouth the whole time, never lit it. Okay, funny, It was funny for a day. Then he brings it back on the cruise ship, is walking around the cruise ship with it in his mouth, never smoking it. Kind of funny, but it's starting to get annoying. Then he's walking around the office at work with the cigar in his mouth still and it's like, dude, that was two weeks ago.
Speaker 8: Put it away.
Speaker 1: You're just joking now, right. I mean it's kind of a power moved. You really shouldn't be walking around the office of the cigar.
Speaker 6: Just what are we doing.
Speaker 3: It's not lit.
Speaker 5: It's gotta be jermy at this point. Jermy, Like you've been so looking on it for a week.
Speaker 10: Man, and it's weird, Like if you smell it, it still smells fresh. And the weird thing is when I when I do sniffe it, it takes me to key West.
Speaker 9: So we can just walk around the office with cigars and cigarettes.
Speaker 5: It's not lit.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. You still shouldn't really, it's like walking on with a beer in your hand, not open. Yeah, Like there are just some things in appropriate for the office. For one bit, that was funny.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it, but it's funny. He got it no more.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean I still have it.
Speaker 1: No, we saw I was walking up with a bottle of whiskey. Game you everywhere you went, and he's still on the top. Wouldn't you'd be like, Okay, it's a funny bit.
Speaker 3: But no.
Speaker 2: But Eddie's trying to like look cool.
Speaker 3: It does look kind of cool.
Speaker 10: I don't think it looks cool like people like I see visitors walking in the office and they look at.
Speaker 3: Me like that guy makes decisions.
Speaker 1: No, they're looking at like, why do they have a cigar now in.
Speaker 2: An office building? What is going on?
Speaker 1: Do you still have it with you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a the refrigerator cause I read that if you put like tobacco in the refrigerator, it stays fresh.
Speaker 2: In the green room. Note take it home.
Speaker 1: With all the snacks for the artists guys. So it smells it up?
Speaker 3: No, no it doesn't. It's not lit.
Speaker 5: What's it called a humidor? Didn't you need one of those?
Speaker 1: We get one for the officers for Eddie's one? Who someone else was annoyed with Morgan about this too. She had cigars too. She went to the cigar place and took pictures.
Speaker 3: Is it ray?
Speaker 1: Was it you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So like Eddie being a poser, not smoking it. Morgan, we go to this cigar shop, and she had nothing to do with the cigars.
Speaker 1: She thought they were gross.
Speaker 7: She did her own thing, and then towards the very end of Key West, she goes, oh, I'm gonna take a picture next to this cigar painting and fake like I'm smoking a cigarette and a cigar. Well, the problem with that is that's being such a poser. It's just she didn't at all participate in the cigars until the Instagram picture.
Speaker 1: But can I be fair, I don't think any of you guys actually participate in the cigars. I never saw one cigar being smoked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we didn't. We didn't light them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because Ray also walked around chewing on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they also.
Speaker 5: Took pictures in there by the way.
Speaker 1: It's like people who take pictures them holding guns. I never shot a guy. That's kind of what it was like. Look how they got manly I am, and it's like, dude, you can't even know a loader unload that thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I can't believe Ray called Morgan a poser because Ray was doing the same thing.
Speaker 1: And here's how here's how bad Ray was. He had it backwards.
Speaker 8: He was.
Speaker 1: That's like in a movie when someone's like they get a bazooka and they're like, I'm ready and it shoots out the bag.
Speaker 5: And he kept sucking on it so much that he made it really sharp, and his wife had to keep taking it from him and unsharpening it because she was worried.
Speaker 4: What he was going to do with it, Like so wait what wait what?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: So you guys went to a cigar shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you bought a few?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bought two?
Speaker 1: How much do they cost?
Speaker 3: Twenty bucks each?
Speaker 2: And then it was just to look cool.
Speaker 10: I mean I think I wanted to, like because I bought a lighter, but I just never lit it. And then I'm like, why light it? At this point, it's just part of like who I am?
Speaker 2: Now you know who you are? Ever heard it is not who you are? Okay, So here's the rules.
Speaker 1: He takes cigars home, okay, Raymondo hilarious, Morgan.
Speaker 2: They need to get over it, thank you. Yeah, they need to get over it.
Speaker 13: Wake up, wake up in the morn and the turning radio and the Dodgers keeps on turn.
Speaker 8: Here ready and his hunchbox.
Speaker 13: Mor game shool to Steve bred Ad, it trying to put you through this bog. He's ridding his wigs next bit, and Bobby's on the box.
Speaker 8: So you know what this.
Speaker 1: Is the Bobby Ball.
Speaker 2: Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 8: Sorry up today.
Speaker 6: This story comes us from Waterford Township, Michigan.
Speaker 9: A twenty four year old man was tired of license plate readers in his town.
Speaker 6: He didn't like him, thought they should go away, so he.
Speaker 9: Went with a baseball bat and bam bam knocked a b of them down. The only problem is he drove his car there and they took a picture of is a license plate before you smashed him down?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Busted that way.
Speaker 1: He didn't quite layer all the possibilities, like like like.
Speaker 6: He'd just walked. Like, if you're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Just want to wear a mask.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Do the readers are they like cameras or are they like specifically just see license plates?
Speaker 6: Just license plates.
Speaker 1: What I think is that there's something in the license plate that triggers the camera to take a picture of it, Like there's some oh probably Yeah, we have no idea, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If he just walked, he'd been fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, then you want to be a bonehead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you bring broke?
Speaker 10: That's a vigilante.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm much more. That's your bonehead story of the day. Let's roll some voicemails here. Hit me with this one. I have a.
Speaker 7: Question if you knew that somebody might be cheating on someone else, because you don't know that to would you say something about it?
Speaker 1: You know, like is it your place?
Speaker 7: Anyways?
Speaker 1: That's my question. Please let me know what you think. So these answers. No, So I mean I think, you know, know, don't jump in their business. Now if somebody's getting hurt, like physically hurt or could turn to something, I think yeah, I mean generally no. I mean, does anybody think you should say something if you don't know them very well?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Probably not.
Speaker 9: I think it sounds like this dude has a crush on the girl that's getting cheated on, and so he wants to.
Speaker 5: Jump in and a lot from that.
Speaker 1: If that's the case, that might be a yes, there's an interest there. But if it's just too random people and you see something, I don't think that's see something, say something unless somebody could possibly getting hurt, like physically hurt or there's some abuse.
Speaker 3: Not emotionally hurt.
Speaker 5: What's the same, but not my Now.
Speaker 1: You're chilly, don't need the clown.
Speaker 5: Not my monkey's not my circus.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's what I just said.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: That is what I just said exactly. So I'm gonna go no. But Lunchbox has a point. If it's somebody that you like, yes.
Speaker 3: Then do it. Yeah, so you can break them up.
Speaker 6: You're the hero, but only if.
Speaker 1: You're for sure. Is ever not for sure and you're just dark starting crap.
Speaker 3: It's easier.
Speaker 10: It's better if you don't know them, like if you If you do know them, like personally, and you're close to them, like should you say something?
Speaker 3: Then you should.
Speaker 1: That's also a great question. You're going to be closer to one of them. If you know a couple, you're one of them. Brought you in.
Speaker 10: Gosh, that's a hard that's a hard question.
Speaker 1: I think you have allegiance to the person you're closest to, and if you know that they're being cheated on, you tell them if they're the cheater. I don't think you go to the other person if they're not your person. I think you just be like bro stop.
Speaker 10: I've seen where people they get they get busted or whatever, and then people get mad at the friends for not saying anything when they knew. Yeah, I've seen that happen too.
Speaker 1: Again, though, isn't that a bit what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: No? I mean, I just don't feel like i'm ever Let's say I'm a friends with a couple, any couple at all, I'm never equally friends with both of them right now. I can't be friends with both of them because I'm friends. Let's say Eddie and his wife love Eddie's wife, but I'm more.
Speaker 6: Loyal to Eddie.
Speaker 3: I'm your dude.
Speaker 1: If I found out that Eddie's wife was cheating on him, I'd go to him immediately and be like, dude. But if I found out the other way, I'm being like, he's not being an idiot, dude, I'm not gonna go tell her. I'm not. That's not my allegiance, right I.
Speaker 5: Think it's so case by case.
Speaker 9: I had one time in college I ran into this girl at the mall and she was dating my buddy, get.
Speaker 1: It classic, and some dude just kind of went the other direction.
Speaker 9: I was like, A that's weird, but I mean I didn't know, and I didn't say anything.
Speaker 10: That's not enough though, I don't think it turns out she was sleeping with them.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe that was enough.
Speaker 5: Well, so then did you feel like you had to say to your friend, oh I saw a guy.
Speaker 1: No, I never told him because I was like, you only saw him go another direction, but.
Speaker 6: It was so weird and that she was just like, oh, he.
Speaker 1: He's zipping his pants up.
Speaker 6: No, because it was at the mall.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. I mean I think then i'd probably have to say something. Yeah, it was just like that if it was your friend, maybe because he was.
Speaker 9: My buddy that she was cheating on. And I was like, but I didn't say anything because I that wasn't enough evidence. They weren't like holding.
Speaker 1: Hands, but it was your buddy. I think I probably would have said something I saw around another dude.
Speaker 3: But what if it was nothing? Though?
Speaker 1: When you started that's I think it's your job that it is the buddy to look out for your buddy. But you're in college. You learned a lot of things you learned back in the day.
Speaker 5: I still think about that.
Speaker 6: No, it was college.
Speaker 9: No, I do think about it because they went on to get married.
Speaker 1: Did they ever did did you ever know they have a kid? You ever know? Well, how did you know that?
Speaker 5: So did you find out that it was a thing?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then the kid.
Speaker 5: That's how they found out it was the kid.
Speaker 10: The mall guys, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't think he ever found out wh which I don't know which guy?
Speaker 3: What what you do?
Speaker 1: Picture that mall guy go look on Facebook at the kid and.
Speaker 5: I was just like, oh, man, so how do you find out it wasn't his?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 9: I don't know exactly, but something happened. They got in a fight or he found out she was cheating, and then.
Speaker 5: They went on they got a test.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, all.
Speaker 9: Those years later, I'm like, dang, if I would have told him then, I could have saved a lot of heartache.
Speaker 1: True, if it was my buddy and I would have seen that, I would have said something.
Speaker 10: But even if you just saw a guy like a runaway, yeah, like you never saw him together, he just kind of like went away.
Speaker 5: Coll lunchbox, you could have changed the trajectory of his life.
Speaker 1: Man, you got to save lives.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's doing pretty good for himself.
Speaker 3: You feel bad about that lunch.
Speaker 9: I mean, yeah, it was probably awkward, probably make should have sense.
Speaker 5: I just think it's till you have loyalty to have you said it now like later?
Speaker 1: No no no, no no no, I'm buried saying maybe reach out.
Speaker 6: No no no no no.
Speaker 5: Friends, but I have never seen listening. There's some pretty detailed context clues that they would know today.
Speaker 10: Kid not his all that after they.
Speaker 1: Got all that now right, the kids, And you're not the only one that knows, because that'd be Oh yeah, that's public knowledge. You did a secret DNA test just to prove if you're right about the all guy.
Speaker 6: No, no, that's public knowledge.
Speaker 1: Okay to this guy, leave it, leave it if you don't really know what's up.
Speaker 2: They're not your people. Leave it be and your business.
Speaker 1: All right, Next one lunchbox.
Speaker 10: Since he is now back from the cruise, it's still lynch. I am just wondering if he ate meat on Fridays, if.
Speaker 13: He's stuck to the seafood or not, since.
Speaker 10: He is so Catholic.
Speaker 6: Thanks, Yeah, I've been nailing it.
Speaker 9: I'n't been eating meat on Fridays, been, you know, doing vegetarian options, grilled cheese.
Speaker 10: They know the lord's listening, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: He listens on podcasts. I don't don't lie.
Speaker 6: I was a subscriber.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't lie you your.
Speaker 1: Tone sounds like you're up to something.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, I mean there may be a couple days I've forgot. You know, you catch yourself, but then you correct it the next friday.
Speaker 3: Did they have fish on the boat? What did you have on the boat?
Speaker 1: But if you correct it, that means you didn't do it. Well, not on purpose, but that's still but that's still what you didn't do it.
Speaker 9: No, no, I attempted to. Sometimes you forget, like it's sort of like you forget your to do something. Ah man, I forgot. It's not like you're doing it, and it's not.
Speaker 5: Like it's not like you're like, oh, I know I'm doing this right now.
Speaker 6: And on the boat you lose track of what day it was.
Speaker 1: Just bring up a couple of words and you tell me how you reaction.
Speaker 6: But I had the fish corda that was I just bring up.
Speaker 1: A couple words. I don't know. You just react to the words jerk chicken good? Is that?
Speaker 3: What does there remind you anything?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 6: Jerk chickens good?
Speaker 1: Anything else? Remind you of anything?
Speaker 3: Have you had it recently?
Speaker 1: Any race?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was on a Thursday.
Speaker 1: That was on the Oh no, that was on the Friday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: The lord Oh no, yeah, he's always listening.
Speaker 5: Wait, so what is it on Fridays? You can't have what meat?
Speaker 6: Meat?
Speaker 5: That chicken? Chicken's not red meat?
Speaker 1: Still meat there fish red meat?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 5: I thought I thought any literally just had recu meat.
Speaker 3: Don't quote me, man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: She just quoted you.
Speaker 5: Because he just said.
Speaker 1: I guess I just thought it was meat and fish doesn't cant No fish is okay, that's what you're supposed to, Okay, chicken, jerk chicken. That was pretty good. Oh man.
Speaker 6: I don't even know if they had a fish option that night.
Speaker 1: I was also probably the only option.
Speaker 9: Yeah, internet's either go hungry or yeah, international waters.
Speaker 6: Maybe it was a little different.
Speaker 3: I didt see they didn't have any fish.
Speaker 6: Nope, interest they did.
Speaker 9: They have quarter one night, and they had lobster one night. I ate the crap out of that and I got two lobsters because thank goodness, Morgan was a vegetarian and I was like, hey, I'll take hers, and they.
Speaker 6: Said, you know what, that's okay, we'll do that. Hey, you ate her lobster, ate her lobster. Shout out Morgan vegetarian coming through.
Speaker 1: Give me number six.
Speaker 11: I absolutely nominate Lunchbox for Employee of the Year.
Speaker 10: I realized it's only.
Speaker 3: March, but he definitely gets Employee of the Year.
Speaker 10: His energy on all of the podcasts, with talking about the ship, the Instagram photos of how much fun he's having on the ship.
Speaker 1: So Lunchbox for Employee of.
Speaker 11: The Year.
Speaker 1: Slammed dunk any reaction.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm glad she respects that, and she knows what's up, and the voting is in, and it looks.
Speaker 1: Like voting is not in.
Speaker 6: I'm the runaway winner. Dominated.
Speaker 9: I think she's got a valid point. Valid point, I mean I dominated that vote.
Speaker 1: Hey, one final thing about the cruise. I'm not final, but.
Speaker 5: For today probably not final.
Speaker 6: The cru is great, man, it's good talk.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this person wanted me to even mention this, so I won't say who it is. But someone is annoyed with Scuba for how he's like pronouncing words since he came back from the cruise.
Speaker 6: Oh, he yells at us every time.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, if we say the one, he yells at me conch, it's coch, it's cock, or what do you say it is?
Speaker 1: It's conk? Yeah, sorry, we call it con and leech is leichi.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whatever the Margarita or Mike Martini that Amy had.
Speaker 5: It's like, what do we say it is?
Speaker 1: You say lee chi, but it's lights. I'm just trying to help you. I'm trying to edit educate you.
Speaker 3: So you say it properly.
Speaker 1: So if you say it somewhere else you sound like you know you're talking about it, you get mad.
Speaker 3: At us, Like, okay, dude, we're just saying it. Like I don't get mad. You just need a prep who you Oh no, no, no.
Speaker 9: Every time Eddie says conch, Scuba gets red in the face.
Speaker 3: He loses it.
Speaker 10: He's like, it's conk.
Speaker 1: Because then you guys questioned me and didn't believe me. I'm like, I'm from Florida, ilive you.
Speaker 5: I googled it after you said that, and it is most of the time conk, but some people say conka.
Speaker 9: That's right, conk, and it's called leichi Martini, Yeah, not leachi. Well, whenever someone handed to me, they called it a leachi, and I think her name is Amy.
Speaker 1: Well went with it.
Speaker 6: I don't shouldn't remember.
Speaker 5: I don't want to light to you or a LEECHI or any kind.
Speaker 10: Of will you guys get mad at me when I say, like, but you don't get mad at him.
Speaker 1: Yours is an accent thing when it doesn't really roll with the rest of your accent. What do you mean? I think his is just a correct way to say something, although I'd be annoyed to if you were like correcting you guys.
Speaker 5: So you know it sounds so good right now Eddie's salsa.
Speaker 3: You guys want some?
Speaker 5: I wish you had it with you, Like, oh, maybe I'm just really hungry.
Speaker 10: You imagine if I had salsa with me all the time. Yeah here, Amy right here, just carried around every I feel.
Speaker 5: Like between you and Bobby, it's like, oh, yeah, you want a briskete, I'll have it right.
Speaker 1: Here like you Okay, Okay, I'm back up.
Speaker 3: Everyone's gonna fight with each other.
Speaker 5: Okay, back up. That wasn't negative. That's so crazy to me that you'll just turn that negative because I was like saying, like, no, it wouldn't surprise me, Like you'all have had a lot of like you've had food with you that'd be awesome, Like how awesome.
Speaker 1: You may else take that as a little No.
Speaker 5: You must have a hater filter.
Speaker 3: Amy's just been hater.
Speaker 5: I have not.
Speaker 1: She's like, oh, you guys were having me food, just passing food all around.
Speaker 5: I'm right right now, I'm a great Yeah me too, So maybe that's that's why, but I really didn't. That makes me curious about my tone, because no part of me in my heart, my mind, my soul like that.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: You're singing an eighty song like the boat's about to sink or something or something.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you will be what I heard?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I was just like, wasn't at all, Like it just was like if anything, it was a compliment to Eddie's sauson.
Speaker 10: That's how I feel when I talk about donating kidney. I like, man, that just came from my heart and you guys just making fun of me.
Speaker 1: But then you keep on, we don't be a negative filter at all.
Speaker 10: We just like who doesn't do things?
Speaker 1: And you guys pass the food around. You can't bring us any but another day that's so do you have any more that left? That briskketch you eat?
Speaker 3: It's gone good, that's gone.
Speaker 1: I got in Florida, was leaving for work and he saw something in like his reverview and he stopped his car before he backed out, and he looked into his driveway and it was a seven foot bowel construction.
Speaker 6: No, run it over?
Speaker 9: Oh would you run it over? Immediately run it over, Come back over it, make sure it's dead. Don't get out of the car.
Speaker 10: Wrap your car up though.
Speaker 1: But if you get out the car and breaks it in half.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't like it, but I don't know that I'm gonna run it over.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 5: What do you mean call animal control?
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, you get out of the car.
Speaker 1: It's gonna lunchbotch is Pride of snakes if you guys. Yeah, can't tell.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to get out of the car. I'm just gonna well.
Speaker 1: I'm probably gonna get out of the car and call like animal control or something.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're gonna risk it out of the car.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna kill you.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's not going to catch up to you or anything.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it just it has to get it as an ankle. Man, You're done.
Speaker 3: Isn't that crazy? Though?
Speaker 10: In Florida they have BoA's just like going around.
Speaker 1: Seven foot by Florida man with leaven work. His name is Jay Slagel. He said he looked outside, saw it nine to one one, was called a neighbor was gonna go, I'll shoot it. Apparently I'll shoot it. The police arrived and they worked and they scooped up the snake and it shows I'm putting it into like the blue trash can that's recycling, and then beginning into a uh, it's a big snake. It's a big snake. The estate licensed trapper with someone to the scene to take the snake to a location. But will constructor sell this size pyself about a thousand bucks. Wow, I'm not super afraid of snakes. I'm not gonna mess with one, but I'm not super afraid of snakes, especially A boa. Is not gonna do anything to you that you out. Yeah, it's gonna take a minute. If they do bite you, it, it's not gonna kill you. It's it's the same thing if I pinched you, it's gonna kill you. It's gonna hurt for a second, but that that one. It would take a while for that to happen. It's not gonna grab your ankle quickly.
Speaker 9: It wraps around your ankle, you can't get away, and then your head.
Speaker 6: Yep, exactly dead zo.
Speaker 1: Gouy I dodn'tlike snakes. Scientists have created a tomato that smells like butter flavored popcorn. Interesting the tomato, yes, but like, this can't be good. I don't like science like this.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, science created broccoli too.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not a real that's our side. Just created so many things that we think are like normal. For example, I always thought that eminems were just plants. A team of researchers recently created the first tomato that emits a delightful popcorn like aroma. The tomato is one of the world's most cultivated againsove vegetables, but centuries of domestication and selective breeding have now allowed it, through gene editing, to become a basically popcorn tomato.
Speaker 5: I don't think I want my tomato to taste like popcorn. I want it to taste like a tomato.
Speaker 3: Like a tomato that tastes like a tomato.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like if it tastes like popcorn. That would be weird.
Speaker 1: There are vegetables that through like human manipulation and direction for hundreds of years, and you brought up one of them procly that we wouldn't have cauliflower, kale, cabbage, away, russell sprouts, collared greens. And then that's not even the g like the gmomo's right, it's just not even a full change. But like our who knows what our meat?
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 10: There's are there are grapes that taste like cotton candy.
Speaker 3: We've seen those.
Speaker 6: They are so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's that's not real.
Speaker 5: Well, it's just a super sweet grape at least, it's not like, oh, it tastes like popcorn.
Speaker 10: No, but it tastes just like cotton candy. Have you had one of these?
Speaker 1: But is it it happens it tastes like cotton candy or was it made it tastes like cotton candy.
Speaker 3: There's no way.
Speaker 10: It tastes so much like cotton candy that it had to.
Speaker 5: Bobby makes a great point like did someone taste it and they're like, oh my gosh, this tastes just like cotton candy. This is how we market it? Or does someone like grow grapes.
Speaker 1: To make we didn't make some cotton candy.
Speaker 5: Right, Like which came first?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's crazy, I don't know.
Speaker 6: We're done.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody for listening. We will see you guys next week. By everybody gets your Bobby Ball. The Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymond No, Head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.