Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one oh seven What's Right with Nick Ray. Apologies for not being here last Thursday and Friday. We really appreciate how many of you have noticed of that we're looking for the pod. We should have been more clear about our schedule last week. Some television responsibilities intersected with our regular recording times. Will be back for the duration now the rest of this week in the rust of the football season with our three episodes a week. Also, make sure you tune in to this Friday's Gambling Show, not only because I went four and one this week, because we did post our picks even though we didn't do the show, but also because we will have a story that everyone can learn from. As our young protege, Demonse went through the real pitfalls of gambling this week, and you might be able to tell from the look on his face he's here in body, but not necessarily in spirit. Is a tough last twenty four hours for him, and it started off so promisingly because, as you will see by what did not make the show, Demanse, for the first time in his life, got a Madden victory over on me. He got a Madden victory on me this weekend streaming live on Twitch. That Twitch stream is growing. There's a saving grace from the weekend. Also not making the show, frisky Chargers moving into the six seed and the Giants holding off the Commanders. None of that's in the show. We had an insane Week fourteen in the NFL. We will get to all or Week fifteen in the NFL. Was it week fifteen? It was a week fifteen in the NFL. Every team's now played fourteen games. We will get to all of that, plus Anthony Davis's injury. But before we do any of that, Demons, we have to start exactly where you wanted to start with the soccer from this weekend.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, Yeah, it was one of the best weekends of sports ever or my lifetime. At least, Josh Allen and Tua finally went head to head. The Raiders had an insane walkoff touchdown. Yeah, the Prince that was promised came back and beat the Cowboys in overtime. But nothing compares to what Summer calling the best World Cup Final ever. Without further ado or final fee be forecast until twenty twenty six, Argentina defeated France and what you're calling the best final of the last half century.
Speaker 2: Well, by the way, I said that after ninety minutes after the full game, clearly the best World Cup final ever.
Speaker 3: But go ahead, okay, and Bope did all he could. But there is no doubt that Messi is certified. Goat, Where does he rank among the best athletes of our lifetime?
Speaker 2: Listen, I saw this question in there. He's on the very very short list. I mean, he is now the certified greatest ever in the most popular sport in the world. So if someone wanted to argue he's the best athlete ever, so be it, like you've got to at least you got to at least be open to that possibility. But I don't even That's not where I want to focus on this. I want to focus on that that World Cup final could not have been a more perfect sporting of it. So you add the two stars of each team with very different stories. So you add Messi, who this is his last dance at the World Cup, the only thing missing from his resume. A guy who buy non World Cup accomplishments is the clear cut greatest soccer player. Ever, However, those of us who maybe put an added extra emphasis on what you do in the World Cup always had kind of a special place for Pele because Pele won the World Cup as a teenager. His team then wanted again to go back to back in nineteen sixty two even though he was injured and he didn't play in it, and then they injured him again in sixty six and Brazil got knocked out, and then in seventy he won it again. So he had three World Cups and four appearances. He was awesome in the final of two of those three. He didn't play in the final of the middle one. And Messi, on the other hand, while he had won the Golden Ball at the World Cup in twenty fourteen, he had lost that final. Then last World Cup they got knocked out in the round of sixteen by France and Imbope. So that's the Messi story going into this game. Then there's the Embape story again using the Pele standard. At the World Cup in twenty eighteen, Imbape became the first teenager to score in a World Cup final since Pele. Throughout this World Cup, A tied and passed many of Pele's records as far as goals before you turn twenty four, had a chance to become the first France had a chance to become the first team to go back to back in the World Cup since Pele in Brazil, the ones we were talking about. So those were the storylines going into this game. And then those two athletes delivered in a way that I don't know what the comp is. So the World Cup opens twenty minutes in with a bad foul by France, Messi gets a penalty kick nail. About fifteen minutes later, out of nowhere, Argentina gets out on a break. Messi makes a perfect pass to spring the break. There's then another pass and then Messi's Scottie Pippen to his Michael Jordan An held Maria, who they didn't even know if he was going to start this game, finishes it perfectly and it's two nothing Argentina and in Bape's done nothing in the first half of this game. In Bope had eleven touches, the least of any player that had started the game. And then Argentina seemed to be in firm control. And then all of a sudden, much like happened against the Netherlands, Argentina in the waning moments started to flounder a bit. They now commit a bad foul. In Bope steps to the spot, nails it. One minute later, in Bope nails it again, not a penalty kick, just a great goal, and all of a sudden it's two to two and we're And then in the ninety fifth minute, essentially the final play of the game, Messi has an unbelievable attempt from outside the box and Lauris saves it, saves it, what would have been the greatest soccer moment ever. He saves it. We're going to extra time. In extra time, Messi scores again, seemingly to win the World Cup. Everyone is crying. Then Argentina commits it's a handball in the box and Bob steps to the spot again scores. He now has a hat trick. So Messi has two goals and Babe has a hat trick. And then it looks like France is gonna win it. In the final second they have a breakaway. Great job by the Argentina goaltender saves it. We go to penalty in Bape and Messe Messi both step up, both make their penalty kicks, and then and then France missus one and gets one blocked and Argentina wins. So you have Messi's crowning achievement of his career. You then also have inm Bope who now has five goals in World Cup finals. He's twenty three years old. That's the most goals in World Cup finals ever. He'll play in another two or three World Cups. We'll see if they make the final. So you have a guy building a resume as one of the greatest ever and in Bope who absolutely rose to the occasion. You now have Messi, who the World Cup was the one like yeah, but on his resume now not only does he have a victory, he's the only player ever to win the Golden Ball in multiple World Cups. It could not have been more thrilling. It could not have been a better tournament. The right champion was crowned. I'm so thrilled, and now in twenty twenty six attend the United States. It was absolutely sensational. We have a whole question asking where Messi ranks among all time athletes. Fifty two percent say the goat, forty percent say he's in the top ten. All right, next, all right.
Speaker 3: The Bills had a comeback of their own in the fourth quarter and the fourth quarter blizzard. Sorry, Josh Allen seemed to shake off whatever had been affecting him in the past few weeks with an impressive performance. See you, though you didn't think he did too well well in.
Speaker 2: The second half, hit, I didn't think he did so well well, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Tearing him a part at every small mistake. Meanwhile, Kansas City played down to their competition in the Texans and you didn't say a peep. What's up with the double standard?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's talk about Josh Allen. So Josh Allen started the game sailing balls over people's head. So I tweeted out Josh Allen out here throwing to ten foot tall wide receivers. He then was excellent the rest of the first half. But the Dolphins I thought, had a really smart game plan, and if they had run the ball a little bit more consistently, they had stay dedicated to run a little bit more, I think they could have been in a better position. And then Josh Allen had an incredibly risky play on the final play of the first half. They have eight seconds left, they have no timeouts. You got to take a quick shot to the end zone, so if you don't get it, you can get the field goal. Josh Allen rolled out, took a bunch of time to where the field goal wasn't going to be able to be kicked. It was the final play of the half, but he connected for a touchdown and it looked like, oh okay, the Bills are going to win. The Dolphins then came storming back thanks to a Josh Allen fumble, and then on the very next possession he fumbled again. Now they got it back and the Bills ended up winning the football game. When people say there is a double standard of how I look at the Bills versus the Chiefs, don't talk about the Chiefs in a moment or Josh Allen versus Mahomes. Of course there is, of course, there is a different standard for a guy who has been crowned without the accomplishments versus a guy who is all the accomplishments possible. And second of all, I give Josh Allen credit for having overall an excellent game. It's like four hundred yards, four touchdowns. He ran the ball great once the snow started coming down. I will give him credit. What I won't do is pretend that that has been the standard for him the last two months. That's his first excellent game since the Chiefs game. And the Bills listen, that's a huge win and a great win for them because they stay in the one seed. They are at Chicago next week. They are then at Cincinnati and then home for the Patriots to wrap up the season. They better go three to zero if they right now, the Bills are the one seed. If they go too and one, but the loss is to Cincinnati, they likely end the season as the three seed, and Josh Allen right now last night's game, notwithstanding, has not been a top three quarterback in the AFC this year. So those are all just facts. Mahomes, on the other hand, who will get to in a moment, played a perfect football game yesterday. Now granted it was well, you know what, let's get to it right now, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, perfect football game.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 3: Go ahead? All right. You can say that, you can say all you want and that there was never a doubt, but everybody knows you had had to been sweating through. I mean, I definitely know I was in the room. But your team is almost blown it against Denver and Houston back to back weeks, two of the worst teams in football. You claim Buffalo isn't anything to be scared of, but your chiefs are having a hard time with Rippin and Millis Mills. Mills always say, Millis, if the last two I'm sorry, If the last two.
Speaker 2: Games aren't putting you on high alert, then what will Okay, First, let me explain what I said before you said you seem to scoff when I said Mahomes played a perfect football game because literally the highest completion percentage on a forty pass game in NFL history. He threw forty one times five were incomplete. He was thirty six of forty one. He threw two touchdowns, he ran for another touchdown. The Chiefs could not stop committing egregious defensive penalties, and guys not named Patrick Mahomes could not stop fumbling the football. So here's where I'm at with Kansas City. Am I frustrated with the fact that it was the Texans? Well yeah, I mean, listen, I didn't expect them to blow out the Texans, because the Chiefs tend not to blow out terrible teams. Did I expect them to have to go to overtime to beat the Texans? Of course not. I'm not going to act like that's a good win by the team. And right now, once again, this seems to be Patrick Mahomes has to do everything for this team or else they can't survive. Now, why I actually feel okay about that is because he's the best player who's ever lived. So of anyone who has to do everything for a team in order for you to survive, I'd rather it be him than literally anyone else. Okay, So this is where we get to the MVP conversation, and I find it's so ludicrous. Mahomes has all the numbers, all the eye tests, and on top of that, right now, other than Travis Kelce, who on the Chiefs is playing even really well much less great. The answer had been Chris Jones, but they couldn't get to Davis Mills yesterday. The pass defense, pass rush, and secondary has fallen apart ever since the pick six against Russell Wilson. Since then, you've let Russell Wilson, Brett Rippon and Davis Mills in six and a half quarters of football score fifty three points on you, mostly through the air. That's or fifty one points on you. That's no good. I think Andy Reid's situational coaching has been call it less than ideal once again this week, playing for a field goal at the end of the game instead of letting the best player in the world try to go get more yards. That way, you're kicking a shorter field goal. Buckkerk, who used to be the second best kicker in football, missed a game winning field goal and missed another extra point. The offensive line once again is not playing great, particularly at the tackle spots. The Chiefs have some issues, I am not denying that. With that said, what they also have is the best player in the league by a country mile. And so come the postseason, when I Listen, I don't think the Chiefs are losing again. This was the game that they totally overlooked the opponent. They could have been beaten, they weren't. What they have left is Seattle, which is flailing right now, in Arrowhead, Denver in Arrowhead, and then a trip to Vegas in week eighteen when the Raiders will be playing for nothing. So I think the Chiefs, despite all those issues, despite going into the season the toughest schedule in the league, are going to finish fourteen and three that will either be the one or the two seed. Buffalo is gonna have to win out for fourteen and three by Kansas City to not be the one seed, to not be the second best record in the entire NFL. So that again gets me to some of my Buffalo criticism has been the fact that they were and still are the favorites for the Super Bowl. Josh Allen was the league MVP favorite going into the year, and I didn't think they had earned that place. And to be honest with you, I think I'm being proven correct on that. Buffalo. Yes they have the same record as Kansas City, and yes this week they looked far better than Kansas City. But they have clearly not been the overwhelming juggernaut that so many people promised me they were. Also, and this is sad and a little scary, but it's true. This week, the Bill's best offensive lineman and most important offensive lineman, their center, Mitch mor Scott a concussion. That's noteworthy because it is his sixth career concussion. So he might be done, not like just for the year. He might his career might be over. We'll see. He also could be back in two weeks. I don't know. We have to read more about that, but that part for Buffalo is really concerning. And I'm gonna say another thing for Buffalo, I think they are being reckless in how they are using Josh Allen. He is getting the crap kicked out of him each and every week because they have to have him running the football for their offense to work effectively. I think it's risky. But with all that said, to circle back to the MVP thing, the Chiefs are going to at worst, pardon me, be thirteen and four. Sound like I'm choked up, but I just lost my voice. We can have a bit of a call. Hold on at worst to be thirteen and four and likely be fourteen and three at worst be the three seed, almost assuredly though the one or the two seeds, and the team right now does not look that great, So how can that be true? Because of the guy they have playing quarterback, who also, by the way, happens to I just want to let you because in years it's sometimes it's like, Okay, yes we know he's the best player, but he's not having the best season right now. In the NFL passing yards, Mahomes forty five hundred, Herbert in second place four thousand. That's five hundred clear of second place. Touchdowns Mahomes thirty five, Joe Burrow thirty one. That's four clear of second place. Passer rating Mahomes right now one oh five. That is behind only Gino and Tua, neither of whom are exactly in the MVP race. And if you like ESPN's QBR, Mahomes is at eighty. No one else is at seventy two. So he has the numbers, he has the eye test, he has the success. He's the league MVP, unless, of course.
Speaker 3: They play the Chargers.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I mean they're two to zero against the Chargers.
Speaker 3: No, not the Bills. I'm talking about are you at all nervous that Mahomes will have to play the Chargers a game for a third time in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think they will though. Right now, the Chargers are the seven seed and the Chiefs are the two seed. But even if the Chiefs stay the two seed, the Chargers, I believe, are gonna get all the way to the five line. So that here's the thing for the Chargers right now. Yes, the Chargers of the seventh seed or the sixth seed actually is where the Chargers are right now, so they wouldn't even have to plame right now. But what the Chargers have left is Colts, Rams, Broncos. So I don't think the Chargers are losing again. I think they're gonna get all the way to the five line. And hey, my preseason conference title game, if you remember, was Chiefs Chargers. The Chargers are eight and six, but three of those losses came to the Chiefs and Niners by a combined ten points. So I think they're an excellent team and a super scary team. I don't want to have to play the Chargers again, but the playoffs are hard. And what I was saying though, is Mahome's the MVP, unless, of course, this guy wins it. Demonse, what are we talking about here, oh Demonstra, Okay, let me all right listen. I now have to tell the audience it's gonna wait till Friday. Demons made a five team ten point teaser for way more money than he ever should have, because it felt like one of those how does it lose? Did every Legue hit except for this one?
Speaker 3: It did end up point? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, so every Legue hit except he had Dallas plus five and Dallas was up I think seventeen in this game at one point, and then had the ball in overtime, and again he's got Dallas plus five and Dak throws a pick six and they lose by six.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati game almost cheered me.
Speaker 2: Up at first, but then they collapsed. That's so Cincinnati. He had the Bengals plus six or something as the last leg of it, but it was dead already and they were down seventeen to nothing, and I was watching it thinking the same thing. I'm like, oh, you'll feel better. It was just a bad bet. But no, the Bengals came strong. Yes, so Demnse faded the Prince That was promised in a ten unit wager, which you shouldn't be making ten unit wagers. But he did and he lost, and that's bad. But now let's talk about the prince that was promised.
Speaker 3: If the Prince that was promised defeated America's teams, that mean that he's the new King of the States.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna use that line on TV. That's a great line.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Okay, Trevor Lawrence and the Jags mounted and impressed him comeback against the Cowboys. Will disregard the fact that Lawrence fumbled it under two minutes and the defense was the one who scored the game winning touchdown and overtime Dag's dagger interception left What's Right Executive producer slash Cowboys fan Kara asking for Cooper rushback. Okay, you've been claiming Lawrence is a top ten quarterback. Care to put your money where your mouth is and bet the Jags to make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I literally already did bet the Jacksmith playoffs before the year. That bet is very alive. I think the Jags are gonna be the four seed. I think the Jags are gonna run the Titans down. They've already beaten them once. So the Jags and by the way, just some fun facts for you guys over the last let me look since week nine, since week nine, we just had week fifteen, where do you think Trevor Lawrence ranks in the NFL and passer rating?
Speaker 3: Give it a guess or fifth.
Speaker 2: First, where do you think Trevor Lawrence?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he does have like seventeen straight touchdowns in like one interception.
Speaker 2: Where do you think he ranks in completion percentage since week nine? Let's give it a guest. Second, First, where do you think he ranks in a touchdown interception ratio since weeknight?
Speaker 3: Definitely?
Speaker 2: And they're four and two and the Jags. So here's where we're at with the Jags, the six and eight Jags. They are at the Jets next week, then home for the Texans revenge game because they lost them, and then I'm sorry at the Texans on home for the Texans, and then home for the Titans. Okay, that's where they're a game back of Tennessee. Tennessee gets the Texans this week. Frisky Texans looking for a win, almost beat the Cowboys, almost beat the Chiefs. Then the Titans are home for the Cowboys and then the Jaguars. The Jaguars are making the playoffs, they're winning that division. They are very alive. That was a great win by them, a great performance by Trevor. And of course he's a top ten quarterback. There's no there is no argument against him being a top ten quarterback. Let me give the most the most what's the word, give him the least benefit of the doubt. As far as quarterbacks, Okay, any quarterback who might be better than him, will call better than him. Deal Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert Allen, Hurts, who else? Honestly, who am I forgetting? As far as guys who are like have an argument Tua throw Tua now we're at six two is better than him? But throw to a Lamar. I I don't think Lamar is better than him. Throw Lamar now we're at seven. Who else? Kirk Cousins, No chance Kirk Cousins is better than him. But say kirk Cousins, now we're at eight. That's it. That's it. So at worst he's ninth, and he's really closer to like fifth or sixth. Already in year two with the Jaguars. The Cowboys, on the other hand, they do have a Dak Prescott turnover problem. I mean, there's just no way around it. This is though, but the previous one was though. That's the problem. So I understand that turnover not being his fault. But they're up twenty seven to seventeen with the ball in late in the third quarter in their own inside their own twenty and Dak throws a terrible pick and it opens the door to the Jaguars comeback, and then in overtime. I understand that's not excuse me, sorry, guys, that's not entirely his fault, but that it's bad man. And I listen, we're gonna talk a lot about the Cowboys on TV today. The Cowboys aren't really a big one of our podcast topics. It's we now know, well, we know the Cowboys are gonna be the five seeds. They blew their chance at running down the Eagles. There was a chance around three point thirty pm yesterday that the Cowboys were gonna beat the Jags. They were up seventeen and the Eagles were in a dogfight with the Bears. Right that the Bears were gonna win that game. The Cowboys were going to hold on against the Jaguars. And in addition to Demonsay not having to go get a third job, what would have also been the case was the Cowboys Eagles would have been playing next week for first place in the division on the line, and the Eagles could have dropped all the way to the five seed. Now, the only way the Cowboys win the division is if they go three and oh and Philly goes zero to three, which is not gonna happen. So the Cowboys are basically locked into the five seed, which means they are going to be on the road in Tampa, a team that beat them nineteen to three earlier this year. And I understand how bad Tampa looks, but that's still on the road against Tom Brady in the first round of the playoffs. Is not a spot you want to be in. And that's the spot I believe the Cowboys are going to find themselves. So all right, I was right about Trevor Lawrence. There is no denying I was right about Trevor Lawrence. I've been right about basically by the way, all the quarter this year. Oh what what, go ahead?
Speaker 3: Nothing. I'm not so sure that this Cowboys game holds a lot of weight. Man, get four touchdown is almost lost to the Texans.
Speaker 2: I'm see. So here's the thing about this, guys. The NFL is hard and this is what I don't think people understand. So this weekend, the Eagles, who have the best record in football, beat the Bears in a five point slug fest. The Bears have the second worst record in football, and the Chiefs, who have the second best record in football tied, beat the Texans in an overtime slugfest. The Texans have the worst record in football. There there are a lot of clo it's there. It's not college football where you just have a walkover game. And the Jags are fighting for their lives. And it was in Jacksonville, a tough game. Now, you shouldn't be blowing a seventeen point lead to anybody. That's a tough game. And and we even saw that the Bucks, who will talk about later, who've looked awful for two months, play really well for a half and be up seventeen nothing on Cincinnati before it all fell apart. NFL's hard man, the idea that we're gonna crush teams for close victories, that the Chargers are awesome and they've won almost as many of the as they've they've lost almost as many as they've won. The league's hard. It's hard to run up a lot of victories. It's why I probably should be giving the Eagles more credit than I've given them throughout the year, because thirteen and one is thirteen and damn one. We'll talk about the Eagles, will talk about Anthony Davis's latest injury, which is just crushing all that's next What's Right?
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robless, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All Right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Rid Episode one oh seven. We'll get back to the NFL and play a naughty or nice game in the holiday season in just a moment, But first there's some basketball news. Oh and also, by the way, don't forget uh to drop some questions in the chat for our c block for our next segment. All right, Demons, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Anthony Davis has been dominant for the Lakers this season, obviously, but a collision with Jokic has now sidelined him indefinitely with a foot injury. Can the Lakers keep up their comeback without him? And how does this effect Lebron's playoff hopes?
Speaker 2: All right, this is obviously devastating for the Lakers, and you feel terribly for Anthony Davis, But at this point you do have to raise the question, like is his body just not built for this? I mean, these are this isn't like a workout more be in better shape, soft tissue type of injury. It's just I don't want to call them fluke injuries, but they feel kind of fluke ish. But now it's a foot, which is always scary. Now we're talking about a month plus when the Lakers have looked really good lately and Lebron, Ever, Lebron started the year just shooting terribly. Then he missed a little bit of time with a groin, I think it was. And since he came back he has been absolutely sensational. He just tied Michael Jordan's record for most consecutive thirty point games by someone who's thirty seven with four. He'll probably break it in their next game because without a d he's gonna have to take on more of the scoring load. And he turns thirty eight here in on December thirtieth. He and Tiger Woods have the same birthday. And he's playing sensationally, so Lebron on the season is now at twenty seven points, nine rebounds, seven assists, twenty seven nine and seven for Guy in year twenty two, playing thirty six minutes a night, and after starting the year shooting the worst of his career, he's now gotten the field goal percentage up to almost fifty and the three point percentage north of thirty to a respectable number. He will probably end the season around thirty four percent? Is it like thirty two percent right now? Which is why with ad and with a small trade like Beverly and none and a pick for Boyan Bogdanovitch that I propose those three weeks ago on TV and then Shams reported the Lakers were actually thinking of that exact trade. This team seemed more than viable. Now some people are gonna make the argument with the AD injury. Excuse me, I apologize guys. With the AD injury, you should not trade a future pick to salvage this team. I thoroughly disagree with that, because it's not a season ending injury for AD, and you can just keep your fingers crossed that he's gonna be healthy for the playoffs. Lebron has been out of this world. So with Lebron and AD, you have two of the fifteen best players in the sport, right That's what you've got to start with from them, and then you have to make the decision. Do you want to make a small move like the one that I discussed Beverly and Nunn and a pick for or a good but not great player, or do you want to take advantage of the fact that a team such as Chicago. No, no, no, no, I'm not trading AD, but I'm about trading Ross and multiple picks. No no, no, I'm not trading Anthony Davis. But a team such as Chicago that's eleven and eighteen and it has fallen apart for them, that they might be willing to move off Tomato Rosen or Zach Levine or a team like Toronto that it's in the midst of falling apart for them. Would they be willing to move off of I don't. I don't know if they're going to move off of Siakam, but I would call about it and see if they want to start the whole thing over and see if you can make a major, major move, though I'm not sure what right now what I think the best path is. I think the best path there's probably Beverly Nun and a pick for a shooter, a guy like Boyon Bogdanovic, who I've talked about quite a bit. Some people have argued Terry Rogier. I'm not a huge Terry Rogier guy. But the idea that because Ad is hurt, you now just say, okay, this season's lost, that is ignoring the facts that right now the West is totally in flux because Steph is out for a month ish and the Warriors are a game ahead of you. So think about how bad the Lakers have been thirteen and sixteen. The Warriors are only fifteen and sixteen. At the top of the conference is Memphis New Orleans. Young teams that I feel like you would feel like if you got in a playoff series with you would have a real shot because of experience and maturity. Denver is lurking with Jokids playing the best basketball of his life. Credit to him, he's been sensational. Phoenix. I don't fully believe in because I think they will need Chris Paul and I'm not sure Chris Paul is making it through one hundred games. And then what are we talking about the Clippers when we don't know if why is playing? The West is so wide open when you have Lebron and when you had Ad who will be back playing at the level he was playing at. I don't think you can punt on the season and leaving the roster as is where Lonnie Walker's your third or fourth best player is punting on the season. All right, what game we play?
Speaker 3: All right? We're playing a new game called natty or nice. Getting a little festive with it. Yep, we have a new holiday. Okay, No, I'm not reading that. So I will read you a topic or a scenario, and you will decide whether the person or thing we're discussing deserves presence or call in their stockings. Okay, one of the most dramatic World Cup finals ever concluded in penalty kicks. Why not golden goal? Imagine I'm back and forth. NBA five Finals Game seven ending in a free throw competition? Are penalty kicks naughty or nice?
Speaker 2: Well, they're a necessary evil, So I'm gonna call them nice because here's the here's the deal, and this is what we because once upon a time, the war in the early nineties, the World Cup and international soccer did move to a golden goal format instead of the full thirty minutes of extra time, and what it ended up creating was teams played incredibly conservative in order to not allow that goal and to end up getting two penalty kicks. So, now, if what you're arguing is what we should do is thirty minutes of extra time and then if it's still tied there, then keep going after the thirty minutes of extra time, and that that following time is then in the golden goal format, we're now talking about two plus more than two hours of soccer, which is not realistic from an endurance and a fatigue standpoint. So I understand people don't love penalty kicks. But there hasn't been a better way to or a more fair way to figure this thing out and golden goal. If they would have gone to golden goal right after ninety minutes yesterday, we would not have gotten the drama of that first messy goal. It's not like, Oh, the game would have played out the exact same way and then MESSI wins it because both teams would have been so much more conservative in the in extra time. So I actually think the way they do it right now, which is thirty minute overtime or extra time that is not in it on golden goal and then penalty kicks, is the best way to do it.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, the NFC South is a complete mess. Tampa dropped to six and eight, but it's still full game ahead of the rest of the division. Any team could make the playoffs. Is the NFC South chaos, naughty or nice?
Speaker 2: Oh it's naughty, it's terrible. I mean, this is not this is not good, and obviously Tampa doesn't deserve to host a playoff game. I've long been a believer that I think it is smart that the NFL has it that winning your division guarantees you a playoff spot because since the divisions are only four team divisions, it keeps. I mean, we're almost a Christmas and two thirds of the league still thinks they're alive for the postseason because the expanded playoffs, plus the entire NFC South's alive because you win your division, you're in. So I like that winning your division guarantees you a playoff spot. I do not like that winning your division guarantees you a home playoff game. I think that the winner of the NFC South should be in, but they should be the seventh seeds. They shouldn't be hosting a Cowboys team that's gonna end up going twelve and five or thirteen and four. That I don't like. But I do like that they get a playoff game. I think it's good for the league, but I the division as a whole is a mess. And by the way, it's gonna come down to Bucks Panthers, and the Panthers this weekend got annihilated by Mitch Trubisky. So as bad as the Bucks have been, they are going to win that division, all right, next go ahead.
Speaker 3: Jeff Saturday had a bad week, but Bill Belichick might have been Bill Belichick's might have been worse. Yeah, Former Patriot Chandler Jones took a lateral to the house as time expired and embarrassed Mac Jones, giving a win to former Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. Is rudy against Belichick? Naughty or nice?
Speaker 2: Well, it's always nice and it's fun. But I want to talk about everything that the end of that game. So did you see after the game demanse Belichick was asked why they didn't just do a Hail Mary, and he said, can't throw.
Speaker 3: It that far.
Speaker 2: They were on their own forty five that's fifty five yards, saying Mac Jones can't throw at fifty five yards. Now, obviously you feel Jones. I mean, well, yeah, I mean so let's talk about the end of the game and let's talk about mac Jones. For me, it was total bonehead lack of concentration by Ramandre Stevenson and by Jacoby Myers because Romandre Stevenson was the guy who with it the first time. He had the short lateral. Jacoby Myers had long lateral, and obviously you don't do that in a tie game you're going to overtime, you do that if you're trailing. So all that happened. Here's the other thing, though, Mac Jones, I'm not saying he has to make the tackle. He's got to come closer than he did. Chandler. Jones did not have some running start. Chandler, you got to be an athlete, man. You've got to and I mean hell, do anything it takes to get him on the ground and see what happens. You've got to try harder than you and when you see the balls in the air, you've got to run up and try to deflect it. He just stood there like he was a fan, like he was a fan on the field like that was terrible by it. So I understand he shouldn't have been in that position, but that was truly awful. Jones and mac Jones in that game played the quarterback position as poorly as anyone has played it all year without turning the ball over, as bad as you can do without throwing a pick. He did it. It was like to his game the other day against the Chargers. It was just like, wait, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: And I mean he had I think he was eleven for like twenty six or twenty eight or something for barely over one hundred yards. He was whining again they have a massive quarterback problem, massive in New England, and they're not going to make the playoffs. The Patriots, on the other hand, we were talking schedules before. This was a game they absolutely had to win because what they have the rest of the way home for the Bengals, home for the Dolphins at the Bills. So three teams that right now are all playoff teams, three teams that are all playing for something, and they're a mess. The Raiders tried to give up another fourteen point lead and the Patriots couldn't take advantage of it. They also, prior to all that we're up seven late, they had they had the the Raiders in a fourth and ten and let them get it, let him get a deep touchdown to tie it. I know you didn't have this involved in one of your bets, but can you imagine, Demansey, if you had the Patriots getting some points and they lost in that fashion? Yeah, they they the they're up seven with thirty seconds left, they end up giving up the touchdown and then instead of just throwing a hail Mary to the end zone, do a give up draw play to get to overtime and they throw a forty yard backwards across the field laterals.
Speaker 3: That's something that they discussed before the play happens, because I don't think that's like an impromptu type.
Speaker 2: No, well, all the players said they went row. Okay, that they were it.
Speaker 3: Was supposed to just because Jones. No, no, no.
Speaker 2: The whole thing was insane. I mean, Kobe Meyer's play was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen because even if it's completed, Mac Jones is seventy yards from the end zone and it's not like he can throw it forward to run, so there was no upside to it. And the downside, well, the upside is comedy, I guess. All right, next, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Minnesota pulled off the biggest comeback in NFL history, or maybe it's a conspiracy. Okay, not to put a damp on what the Vikings did, but it isn't the best interest of the Colts to tank at this point. I wonder if Jim irsay, put a call on a Saturday, put in a call it's Jeff Saturday, at havetime to have him throw away the game? Is Jeff Saturday's possible tank job? Naughty or nice?
Speaker 2: No, this is not what that was. Stop making excuses for Jeff Saturday. Okay, since he's taken over for the Colts, they have been outscored eighty three to nine in the fourth court. And so many of my media colleagues that don't have the courage of their convictions after they won one game against the woeful Raiders, we're like, oh, I guess I owe Jeff Saturday in apology. No, you don't. It took him a month to orchestrate the single biggest choke job in the history of the NFL. In the last two weeks, his teams have been outscored fifty five to zero in the fourth quarter. And it is so the idea that this is five D chess with the Colts just trying to lose games. They wouldn't be building these leads or playing this hard throughout. That's not what's happening. He's terrible. He looks like a guy who was just pulled out of the booth or pulled out of the studio to coach games. That's exactly what he is. And it is mortifying that he's at the helm of an NFL franchise, is making mortifile Yeah, that is true. All right.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, is Russell Wilson, one of us. He was an active on Sundays in so earlier last week he went to the casino. Some were wondering if this is franchise quarterback behavior? Is degenerate Russ, naughty or nice?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Listen, generous general.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Uh, here's here's my question. I want to know what casino that was. And I want to know if he's in the high Limit room because and we don't know that from that picture. Because if he's just at some regular casino on the strip and he's just playing in the pit with regular people, that's mortifun. It's more guys got hundreds of millions.
Speaker 3: Of dollars, nice regular people.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm telling you I'd.
Speaker 3: Be one of those regular folks at the casino.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine, though, that's fine if you are a celebrity. I want to make it clear the high Limit room is not so. The Aria is probably the nicest casino in Vegas. Okay, Aria's high Land A room is like on a Friday night or a Saturday night, it's not like it's ten thousand dollars a hand. It's usually they have three hundred or at at worst the smallest table they have is five hundred dollars in hand. Okay, So the point I'm making is, if you are a wealthy celebrity, yes that's where you need to be gambling. It doesn't have to be for massive amounts of money. You can bring a few thousand dollars with you and have plenty of fun and plenty of time in there. But if you're just out there playing like three card poker for twenty dollars a hand at the Flamingo, that's mortifying and can't happen. So I don't have enough information on what Russ where Russell Wilson was gambling, or how much he was gambling for. But if he's there playing mini bach for the thirty five bucks a deal, that's terrible. I can't dorset. Now if he's in one of the private areas playing thousand dollars a hand blackjack, I might have a little more respect for. I don't know what he's doing, but the the if we could put that picture up one more time, the context clues lead me to believe can we go full stream with that? So I don't love that there's a slot machine right behind him, I got demonte hold on, I got it. No, I've now zoomed in. There is a screen right by his head that says one dollar bonus jackpot. I think I think he's playing out with the with the prolotogtical Wilson's trolling everybody at this point. Oh, I don't know, but that doesn't look like the high limit room in a nice casino, So I don't endorse it all right, last.
Speaker 3: The moon ball, Uh huh, all right, Bill's mafias showed their true colors. Put in the put in Dolphin players, pelting, pelting Dolphins players on the field and on the sideline with snowballs throughout the game Saturday Night. Is Bill's Mafia naughty or nice? Okay, so this was obviously naughty. But here's the thing that I had the biggest issue with.
Speaker 2: On the Dolphins' first drive, on back to back throws into the end zone, one of which was dropped, great pass by two one was dropped. Bill's fans were, I guess, smartly throwing snowballs into the field of play while the game was going. I was shocked the referees let it go on without I thought they were gonna redo one of the plays. You can't do that.
Speaker 3: See the holidays.
Speaker 2: But I understand it's the holidays. It's first of all, it's incredibly dangerous. Second of all, incredibly dangerous. Either ice balls snowballs. They're ice balls, though they're not snowballs. They're ice balls. The snowballs wouldn't have stayed intact. So the only ones that actually stayed intact were like hard and they're coming from sixty eighty feet a bush. But more but more than someone getting injured, who's wildly distracting. I that now they ended up ultimately kind of stopping. They got a warning from the refs. I though the refs should have taken control of that far earlier. All right, we will, we will. People don't like my take, say that it's the softest take ever. They're snowballs. Guys, watch the Dolphins drive where they drop the touchdown in the end zone and they settle for a field goal on their final two passes. There are thirty plus snowballs just raining down during live action. That's and then of course they're not doing it when the Bills have the ball. That's not That is not a real home field advantage. And Eagles fans got crushed for thirty years for throwing batteries onto the field, like this is that? That's not a that's that one's not okay. We'll answer your questions, even the chat next.
Speaker 3: What are you doing Johnson to try and guard it because the gam were going for two.
Speaker 2: We got people watching this game. Man, I am playing my real game.
Speaker 3: Chiefs.
Speaker 2: We go for fourst we go for two. Never a doubt, Like they said if I scored before that, he was saying, I was real quiet. I was out there being surgical.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, hey, I'm not gonna I screwed myself in a couple of plays.
Speaker 2: You were on the fourth. That was crazy. So that was me and Demonse our first Madden Twitch game on Demanse's channel, which is right upside down correct, and Demonse started that game off seven to nothing and that game ended thirty nine to seven, thirty nine straight points by the Chiefs. I then got a little cocky and said I would randomly select team and I ended up getting the box and I threw the game away and lost to Demanse, which was one of the most mortifying public moments of my life. But I think we should do that again soon.
Speaker 3: Oh we got to do a tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean yeah, okay, no, Brahm, Are you still going to be the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna be the Ravens every single time. I I might switch it up every once in a while and use like the Bengals or something.
Speaker 2: I think the Bengals would be a good idea. I think a team with a reliable passing attack would be useful for you. I also think here's the deal. I think that what so if we're doing an official tiebreaker, we can do Ravens Chiefs and I'll roll you. But then I'll do random team. You know what.
Speaker 3: I think what. I don't think you're that good at Maddon Wow. I think that I'm wow probably better than you. But I'd have this tendency to, like when I'm a little bit down about like the last possession, I just kind of like test stuff out. From that point on, it's just like I feel like I can't get back in the game. But like when I am like focused on when I might throw some picks every one while there were a lot of picks. One thing that I gotta work on.
Speaker 2: In our two games, you threw ten bills and our two games combined, you threw ten on interceptions, which I think is part user error and part you use the Ravens and Lamar's inaccurate, but you also never run with it. It's like, so you get the worst part of Lamar and not the best part of Lamar, Like, so be the Bills, or be the Bengals, or be the Chargers.
Speaker 3: And feels eerie about using the Bills. Man, it feels like I'm cheating. I've never lost the game with the Bills that I played it.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, so be then.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's just out of the Bills is two op? Man?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right, well that listen, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I Break is gonna be very interesting.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna win seven consecutive games. I'm gonna beat in the tiebreaker using the Chiefs and I'm going to destroy you. And then I'm going to go back to random teams, okay, and see how many I can win with random teams. I didn't, I I got. I got out of my own comfort zone with the Bucks, and it wasn't you know that. But that's fine. It'll be it'll be good. So demand's twitch stream right upside down if you want to check turn notifications on guys. So you see what I am going on. Oh okay, on his Twitch stream and subscribe to us on YouTube. That's what this whole thing's for. All right, what are the questions from the chat?
Speaker 3: All right, coach Mystica, I said, Demanse, I was watching your stream last week and that clock management at the end of the at the end of the first half was pretty on point. Maybe people weren't joking about you replacing Staley. I was telling you about this, what like, right before we played the Madden game that like, I played this guy on my stream. I said that I was going to stream a Madden dub and like I forgot what the situation was, but I just ended up driving down on the field scoring and the guy got the ball with no time. Oh that's zero seconds.
Speaker 2: So that listen, I will say this about our stream you and there there is a certain way to play Madden that is not fun to watch and not fun to participate in, which is people essentially start wasting the clock mid third quarter. Yeah, you and I kind of have a gentleman's agreement to do more realistic clock management, which is until there's four minutes left in the game. We're not gonna start wasting the clock because NFL teams wouldn't actually do that. These are six minute quarters. But when you're playing a stranger, when you're playing online, oh, messing with them with the clock is the greatest.
Speaker 3: It's so annoying.
Speaker 2: Oh it's Oh, I'm sure it's annoying. But it's one of the reasons I don't I demansa. You beating me might have been the first time I've lost in Madden in years. I can't remember the last.
Speaker 3: Time I lost.
Speaker 2: About it, I'm I And by the way, here's the thing. I'm not actually that good at the gameplay, like making people mass or like making tackles, But my strategy is so one hundred out of one hundred perfect. I just always have the perfect play call for every situation. It's kind of idiot. It's gotten. It kind of doesn't matter that I'm not that great at the actual game play.
Speaker 3: We'll say about that next. Matt Ford asked, does Nick think Mahomes would have would have been able to tackle Chandler Jones?
Speaker 2: Of course, okay, of course that was that was not a hard tackle. I mean, just hold onto his legs.
Speaker 3: It's like grabbed his waistband.
Speaker 2: I mean, he just he didn't even try.
Speaker 3: It looked like he was playing with like an eighth grader.
Speaker 2: It was Mahomes would have run up when the balls in the air got flattened, yeah, but it would have at least slowed him down or been a contested catch. There was no time left. All you have to do is get him on the ground. And by the way, Chandler Jones, if you watch the play, Chandler Jones and his teammate thought he was gonna get tackled because his teammate was coming alongside him to take the ball from him. That's what I thought was gonna happen, that Mac Jones was gonna get him. Chandler was gonna hand it to his teammate who wasn't gonna run. But instead Mac just got pushed down to the core of the earth.
Speaker 3: It seemed like the guy like, I don't know, man, I don't even think Chandler Jones thought he was gonna get tackled. That was like a disrespectful stiff.
Speaker 2: Arm the whole like so fun. So when I tell you guys something, don't tweet to Kevin Wilde's about this. But I've I've got something playing for the TV show today that might drive wild insane, which is I'm going to throughout the show when we're doing different topics and different segments, say uh like, So, for example, we're talking about the prince that was promised Trevor Lawrence, I'm gonna be like, let me show you this throw from him yesterday, and the video we're gonna run is just gonna be Mac Jones getting and that's where good. I'm just gonna do it throughout the entire ninety minute show. I'm gonna keep calling like we're gonna be talking mahomes should he be MVP. I'm like, let me show you this moment fast and it's just gonna be that play. And I'm gonna do it until until Wilds can't handle it anymore. All right? Next?
Speaker 3: All right, Colin conne ass could Mac Jones throw a snowball fifty five yards?
Speaker 2: Can't throw football fifty five yards? Next?
Speaker 3: Alex Alex dumb Ay, Alex Dume said, is that you are? That's a dum? Alex de May said, Nick, I know you said you would go to Brazil, but now that argent But now that Argentina would you also consider visiting Argentina now that Argentina won.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, well, listen that video from BuNos Ares looked unbelievable. Did you see that in our group chat demanse check. Oh yeah, the skyview right? Yeah, yeah, that looked unbelievable. I'd love to go to Argentina. I think I'm locked in to the Brazil trip. Uh, but I'd love to go to Argentina at some point, no doubt.
Speaker 3: All right, last, all right, Gabe, good one as who maintains their goat status longer? Tom Brady or Tom Cruise. The answer is obvious. But you have a cruise blind spot, so you may screw this up.
Speaker 2: What do you mean I have a cruise blind spot?
Speaker 3: You aren't really feeling the Top Gun Maverick movie.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I haven't seen Top Gun Maverick yet.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I know Gabe's gonna be upset about that, But the Mission Gospel Series.
Speaker 3: Is my freaking great ad for a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the Mission Imbospel Series is my favorite movie series ever. Tom Cruise is one of my favorite actors ever. Gabe just doesn't like that. I don't like those cheesy eighties movies like Point Break and Top Gun, the Original and those things. Uh, but the answer is Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise the greatest action movie storry of our time. And Tom Brady's time is ending and Mahomes gonna catch him. So Tom Tom Brady keeps.
Speaker 3: The Cruise is the best what the best action actor of action? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who? The only other person who was like in continent with them was Smith, but now Will Smith's on probation. Who else would it be? Denzel Different? So that's it. Denzel I think is the greatest act arguably the greatest actor of our generation and does do action movies. But that's not all.
Speaker 3: He just equalizer and Equalizer two up up against any time.
Speaker 2: You know they're coming out with an Equalizer three and no, the mission impossibles are better than equalizers. I guess Keanu Reeves would have an argument because of Matrix and John Wick movies, and Liam Neeson would have an argument for just playing the same character in like nine Taken Guy the guy from Taking, but no Cruise Cruse unbelievable and Brady's gonna get caught by Mahomes. All right, there's a show. We will see you guys on Thursday around the same very time I'll see you on TV in a few hours. Happy holidays, everybody. What's right