Speaker 1: Hey, Yo, this is Party Fonte and check me out right here on the Bootleg CAV Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, before we start the episode, we're gonna remind everybody, man, we got one of the biggest radio shows in the country, syndicated in almost one hundred cities all over. Shout out to iHeartRadio. All right, some of the latest cities that we've been able to add. Man, We want to give a shout out to ninety three point nine to Beat in Honolulu. That's right, Hawaii, We over there going crazy. I also want to give a shout out Hot ninety eight three and Tucson. Shout out to Tucson going crazy. Also want to give a shout out to Wild ninety four one in Tampa going crazy. We just got Richmond. We also just got the good folks in Bakersfield at Hot one O four to seven. So we're going crazy on the radio with my partner James Andre Jefferson Junior for the Bootleg CAV Show. So make sure you tune in and you can listen anywhere on that iHeart Radio app. That's right, let's get into the interview bootlet Cap Show, bootlet Cap Podcast. Partisan Fonte, Man, welcome, I even interviewed you dog in a minute, Bro, Like, wow, I feel like it was me and DJ had did interviewed you back in the day probably so yeah ninety two three. Man, Now you've been there. Man, great, great, you got a lot going on talk about you. First of all, you're on TV. Now, Uh, how did when did you decide to get into the acting shit?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: I always wanted to be in it, like you know what I mean, since since since young watching like loving basketball and you know, uh brothers and all that type of shit. I'm like, I'm like, I gotta be one of these omar apps Tay Diggs. You know what I'm saying. I got to be one of them.
Speaker 4: I want to be a sex symbol.
Speaker 1: I had to be like you know what I'm saying. I had to be on the screen. I felt like I got this space. I got to be in front of people right now. But I had the opportunity to read for one of the rolls on Power a couple of years back during COVID they gassed me.
Speaker 3: I thought I was about to get the role.
Speaker 4: I didn't, but they remembered.
Speaker 1: They remembered, and another role came out and it's like, yeah, we want you to read for this and I did and it just they brought me back.
Speaker 3: It was a perfect fit.
Speaker 2: Wow that stuff, are you like because obviously that's you know, the Power universe is so like legendary at this point, like when you get the call because there's also been other artists obvious shot to Joey Badass, Freddie Gibbs had to roll fifties obviously been in It's his fucking show.
Speaker 4: Kendrick Can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you like, uh like nervous like your first time like going on set, because I feel like that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 4: You probably got a trailer. It's way different than the.
Speaker 1: It's different than the fact that like, yo, you know you, I feel like we all got like that natural ability, right, especially you an entertainer, Like you got that natural ability. But when you get there and you see, like, yo, it's the film crew is this big, they got the crafty you got to go to hair, makeup and all of this, and yeah, it's like it's like it gets overwhelming. But then it was like they was just so cool on set. Everybody that happened to be working with it was just like made me comfortable, like your your body and ship. Yeah, like every time I had a question, it's like, Yo, do whatever you.
Speaker 3: Do, nigga.
Speaker 1: If it's not good, we'll redo it, like you know what I'm saying. So they just made it real comfortable.
Speaker 2: I love that talk about you obviously, man, you just launched a new label.
Speaker 4: Section eight world.
Speaker 2: Break that down, because I feel like launching a label there's a lot of responsibility that comes with that ship because obviously you're putting your own shit out, but then if you bring on artists under you, you kind of like become like responsible for their livelihood, which is a lot you know what I'm saying, Like, what made you want to do it?
Speaker 1: I just thought what kept happening was I was seeing talent. I was seeing talent out there in the market, and I was like, you know, I would tell people up like heyo, y'all should look into this girl, or y'all should look into this girl over here, and they would you know what I mean, they would be slow, they'd be slow with it, and they wouldn't do it. So I'm like, and those girls turned out to blow up like who Like like Gloilla for one, I seen her and got her on the record.
Speaker 3: When when I first seen her. It was before h F n F.
Speaker 1: It was before that, and I was like, Yo, she doping shout out to hate Kid, who was the producer who was doing all her shit. So I was like, hey, yo, I need her on the record, like I need her. And I did the song with her, and I was telling people like she fired, she fired, and I'm playing it, playing the song.
Speaker 3: People be like, yo, who is who is? I don't know who that is?
Speaker 1: I'body yoh, she gonna be something fast forward FNF drops, everybody know who she is.
Speaker 3: Same thing with.
Speaker 1: Like Ice Spice saying her early was telling people, I'm like, yo, I don't know she got something toll and you know people are slow on it. So I'm like, I'm just gonna take my own eye and partner up with somebody that could help me get these artists that I see the potentially and get them somewhere.
Speaker 2: If you got the eye for talent, man, that's half the battle, right one percent? Yo, You and a CARDI. Obviously your guys' working relationship is so crazy. I appreciated her getting on the new record too, because I know it like caused some like behind the scenes drama allegedly, but her loyalty. She's like the if you ever meet Cardi b I feel like she's one of those people who will never disappoint you because she is exactly.
Speaker 4: Who you think she is. Like, she's she's so cool.
Speaker 2: Man, I know I had this phone in more pocket.
Speaker 4: It's okay, we have multiple phones.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The question is are they both iPhones? See, you gotta go Android and iPhones. The Android get me just you just always want the Android in case you like, you know, just the Android is good.
Speaker 3: And I've never heard nobody say this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got both, dog Look you know why every once in a while you gotta sign them a fucking contract, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then they got the little styles right there. Yeah, yeah, they got that iPad.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna carry a fucking iPad in your pocket. I got I pad in the cars, but this is in your pocket.
Speaker 4: You got two phones already.
Speaker 2: If you go overseas.
Speaker 4: Everybody got an Android. Ma, you'd be on WhatsApp too.
Speaker 3: They got that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you talk to enough like women. And what's that the thing they got I phone? No?
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 2: No, listen, iPhone is superior, but why not have both? I got a whole like a fake game boy on it that I play. Now, there's a bunch of shit you could do with that, for sure.
Speaker 4: And it's like, got a better camera, even though I don't ever use it.
Speaker 1: But how this is what I understand about that, right, it got a better camera. And they always show you all this ship that you could do with the camera, and then when y'all go to upload that ship on Instagram, it'd be looking like fucking atari.
Speaker 2: Here you took that ship on the You're not wrong, which is why I pretty much only use the iPhone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but why is that you explain?
Speaker 2: I know why? Okay, this is really why this is quick. So there's only like a few iPhones and there's like a thousand different phones that use Android. So when Snapchat and Instagram make their Apple version of the app, they can easily hone it in and make it for specific phones because there's only a limited amount of phones.
Speaker 4: So technically, yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's all if you if you take a picture and upload it into the app, it looks good. But if you do, like if you open Snapchat and hit record, it's gonna look like absolutely a shit. And then you start judging people when you see their stories, You're like, you definitely got to.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the fuck is going on with you? Get your life together?
Speaker 2: Question if you a girl, Like, let's say you and a girl go out on a date. You're feeling her, she pulls out an Android? How you feeling?
Speaker 3: Like? Is it?
Speaker 4: Does it make you second guess yourself?
Speaker 1: I just want to know the story? What's the story behind this? Like we went into this decision.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess you would have known already because she would have hit you with that green bubble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, we probably would even have made it. Probably wouldn't have made it to the day.
Speaker 4: You're telling me you get the green you get the green bubble.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm honestly gonna think she texted me from a like from an app, from a third party app.
Speaker 2: And then you're thinking, you're telling them you think something got.
Speaker 3: To be up with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the green bubbles, Like, you got a Google number?
Speaker 3: Why would you have green bubble? Red flag?
Speaker 2: Have you ever googled a girl's number just to make sure she didn't have any ads on the internet?
Speaker 3: Nah, I ain't even that's a good one. Now I'm gonna have to do that. I do. I do take they use their name, put it in Google and put.
Speaker 4: The three x'es behind it though, very smart, and.
Speaker 3: Then see what happens from there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If something pops up, do you continue? Do you subscribe to? You support the hustle?
Speaker 3: But I cannot subscribe. I don't know why. You know why I don't. I don't like subscribe to like the only fans and none of that ship.
Speaker 1: It's just too much for me to put my credit card information and all that ship in a lot.
Speaker 3: Like it's like, nah, I'm gonna go to Reddit and see what I can see.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well yeah reddits it's.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, if you know, you know my friend's Alexis used to pirate OnlyFans pages on Reddit. It used to be the guy who'd be like, yo, d m me for the for the zipp I'll be seeing them.
Speaker 3: I'll be thinking they scams too, So I don't really if they don't show up.
Speaker 2: But Reddit has been it's some new ship because reddits like cook Now.
Speaker 4: We'll take all that ship down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been a while, but used to be to go to.
Speaker 4: No Reddit was to go to for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you wouldn't want to give your own that's like, that's not that's not player typing their credit card.
Speaker 4: No, it's too much, yo. What are your favorite albums of the year?
Speaker 3: Man, favorite albums of as a writer?
Speaker 2: There's been some dope albums Larry June and two Chains albums.
Speaker 3: Dope.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that you're you've been fucking with this year?
Speaker 1: I think the most I've listened to Right now, I'll be listening to a lot of R and B shit broal so.
Speaker 3: I like the Leon Thomas.
Speaker 4: Last year, but it's still good. Album was crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like, what was there a new album? I listened to G and X get mad playing the gym for.
Speaker 4: Me gn X still of course, yes.
Speaker 3: You did, Like I don't know. I don't know what came out recently. I've been listening to a lot of instrumentals. I've been at work, so I get in the car and play instrumentals.
Speaker 2: Now, did you see academics on the boat with the girls talking about Kendrick. There was like all these girls twerking to like Nokia by Drake, and he was like, you see this, these pictures ain't dancing the gn X. They don't want to hear that ship and then gn X was playing later and then he had like his homies dancing to it, but the girls were just sitting down. It was like hilarious. It was actually, have you lived.
Speaker 4: At this point in your life?
Speaker 2: Would you even give a Tory Lane's album and listen? Because the toy alm is pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's not I've just been working.
Speaker 2: It's not bad, especially considering I don't know how he recorded it, but it sounds like he had a studio in there. It's pretty will you know talk about you you're gonna be launching? Is this a podcast you're going to be doing?
Speaker 1: I do have a I do have a podcast. It's more like a blame Fontaine. It's just like I like to have conversations, you know what I'm saying with a bunch of people about a bunch of wide range of topics and whatnot. So just ask the things I want to know. One of one of the people we had up there, she's a she's a spiritual leader and coaching and it helps with like relationships and stuff.
Speaker 4: Life advice like all types of stuff.
Speaker 1: So but for her in particular, I just wanted her to give us the game from like an older point of view, older person who's been through it. So I just want to give, like have a bunch of conversations that I want to have and ones that I might not be seen on the internet.
Speaker 2: Right now, because there's been a lot of artists who have launched it like YG did one for a sec but then I think they stopped doing it already, Like is it like? Because for me as like a person on the personality, so I like to see when an artist does that ship and they like stay on it and insistent. I feel like a lot of fools are like doing it just to like try to get a quick bag and then if it works out cool if.
Speaker 1: Like you know, it's like we're in the era where it's like a lot of avenues and a lot of ways to make money and a lot of ways to market yourself and just get and build relationships and build brand and build just relationships with your with your audience and fan basis. So I feel like a lot of people are throwing they had in that ring me as a person that just likes to have conversations, yeah, and uh and express myself. I got my own stream and whatnot, Like I do. I'm a heavy video Gamer.
Speaker 2: What you playing two K Call of Duty for the most heavy play the Marvel Rivals.
Speaker 1: Yes I have, I have got super and frustrated, but yeah I played.
Speaker 2: I feel like with those games, if you don't get on them early before these little fucking kids become like.
Speaker 3: Masters and all that.
Speaker 2: Even then then you try to play and you're like, why am I even what am I even doing? I'm just the game turns on and I get smoked. The fuck am I doing here? Like when I was playing Fortnite, I used to just I used to just hide.
Speaker 3: I never got into Fortnite, used to get on there and hide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my son, you forget what he would call me, Camper, Yes, Camper. Yeah, because I would literally just find like there was like this like treehouse or just like mansion with an addict, and I would just post up and try to s.
Speaker 1: Start shooting people. Oh you wouldn't even shoot you just wait until the end of the game.
Speaker 2: I would try to get in that circle and hide and then like I make it to the top ten, but obviously when it was time for the smoke, I get killed.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the first that's the first level of the game. I guess that's why I used to do a car But.
Speaker 2: I love I love two K like two K and madd is my ship. But like when it comes to those multiplayer games, I just don't have the time to like figure like.
Speaker 3: Learning how to build and ship. And that's why I never put it for even call it.
Speaker 2: Duty, Like I haven't played Call of Duty since, like I don't even know which one, but I like the story mode.
Speaker 4: Dog, you know.
Speaker 3: How you playing campaign or zombies?
Speaker 2: Zombies is cool because it could be like like it'd be me and my kid and we're fucking up zombies.
Speaker 4: But once I started playing against some.
Speaker 3: Fucking know how to like move and break camera.
Speaker 2: Boy Cardi fans you know, like are fucking streaming like.
Speaker 4: You like to play Boy Cardi album.
Speaker 1: I didn't even really get to listen to it. I was on a I think I was on a flight when it dropped.
Speaker 2: Thirty songs, thirty thirty It's tough, that's tough. I just saw him rolling loud. It was a lot I've seen. I've seen the clips. It looks crazy crazy, Yeah no, they fuck I mean listen, he got the kids right now for sure, Like the youth loves Cardi man, Yeah, are you working on the I mean, listen, we've been waiting on a sophomore album from Miss Cardib for a long time. I'm assuming that your pen's going to be all over that thing. Have you been in the studio with Cardi recently?
Speaker 3: My dog? This is my dog.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that we uh that we're not going to like get in and run past each other, like you know what I'm saying, Like whether it be mine silent, nice catching, but there's nothing that we not going tap in with, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like she she was sitting me ship all the time.
Speaker 2: How how is the how is everything sounding? It sounded good.
Speaker 1: Even even the record we dropped even to it right, So this is just one of the many records that we got together that was like in the stash in her a couple I think she teased this record.
Speaker 3: I don't know a.
Speaker 1: Couple of years back. People have just been asking for that ship ever since. So it was like ship, they asking for it every time I post a new clip or post something else, they like, yeah, we still want to it, We still want to it. So we decided to give it to them. But our working relationship is just I don't know the thing that we don't even got a second guess, we just always there and her ship is fire.
Speaker 3: And I think it should be out this year.
Speaker 2: How do you put yourself in the perspective of like helping write like on a song that's like about like you know what ass pussy or you know whatever?
Speaker 3: The fuck? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just curious, like you're you're obviously, I think that's what when you're a great writer, you're able to like go there and like write literally from someone else's perspective.
Speaker 4: Is it like sometimes are you like real quick?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like, hey, if you just coaching up a jaw, like say this, like you know what I'm saying, And like I think, like with any artists I work with, it's like it's more about, Hey, what do the world want to hear you say?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying? What do they what do they want to hear from you?
Speaker 1: Hey say this is the type of shit you need to be saying ship like that, that's what we want to hear you say.
Speaker 3: So that's more of what I just tap into.
Speaker 2: For you, Like obviously you're an incredible artist yourself, Is it what would you say when you're in the studio, what is the kind of like ratio, You working on your ship, you working on references or other people shit.
Speaker 1: It's unless unless somebody hit me like a yo, I need help with this, or like, yo, you I want to hear your thoughts on such and such. Unless it's like that, I'm just in there creating. Whether it be like like, my my own sound is very like has a wide range.
Speaker 2: It's a lot different than the stuff that you like, we know you for it, you know, for on the pen side.
Speaker 1: So it's like my own stuff can be anything. And when I created, when it's done, it's like, huh, I should put this out for me or such and such might sound good on this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's just I'm always creating unless somebody asking me for specific help, I'm just always making shit.
Speaker 2: Would you ever help someone write a disrecord.
Speaker 3: Write a dis record?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't see why not. I don't know, Like, I don't see why not.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could have like maybe helped Drake out.
Speaker 4: You know, he could have used.
Speaker 3: It, used it.
Speaker 4: He should have tapped it. What's the guy that they got canceled that me got canceled?
Speaker 2: The fuck it the writer you remember his name, Quentin Quentin Miller man Shout out to Quentin Doug fuck very talented guy. Shout out to Quentin Miller.
Speaker 4: You got an album coming out? Are you just doing singles? Obviously? Twoed up is going crazy?
Speaker 3: Tuned it up a little ship pretty already.
Speaker 1: I got a bunch of I got a bunch of singles coming before before Summertime hit. And then I got a project with all, well, all the ladies on it. Cause I don't think I said that before that. I didn't say that when.
Speaker 4: You say all the ladies said, oh, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I got a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of the ladies in the in the in the hip hop game and the R and B game, and it'll be just me featuring them, all the ones that I really like and I think are super dope and super talented, all on one project. Like who you're trying to get all the info out of? Give me fucking two two?
Speaker 3: No? No, give me one side.
Speaker 2: CARDI B for fo sake, because that's it's implied.
Speaker 1: We got one CARDI. We got one with Sexy too. Oh yeah, going with sexy.
Speaker 2: Have to sexy. I saw Sexy read last night. She came out of the iHeart Awards. How what's it were you guys in the studio when you guys did it? What's the studio session with Sexy Red Light.
Speaker 1: She's tough because she just like, she's how can I she knocking it out left and right, you know what I mean? So she like she wanted she she she recorded like me. We we put the microphone right in the middle of the studio, right, they playing beats.
Speaker 3: She getting the idea.
Speaker 1: She records some hop right up next after that record back and forth, so she she she nice with it.
Speaker 2: That's dope. Yeah, shet to sexually Red. Well, listen, man, you got a lot going on. So you're on TV, you got the show, Yeah, you got the new label, and you're actively looking for artists actively yeah, and then obviously all the new music that's out. So keep killing it. Uh, And I appreciate you pulling up even though very.
Speaker 3: Late, very late. Apologize. We gotta do this again.
Speaker 2: It's all good party, my guy,