Speaker 1: What's that at the beds and I'm pretty sure, said he is coming this way. The wait a minute, said.
Speaker 2: Hyra's dress as.
Speaker 1: Please hey boom rose dress veles here. I have so many fun, wonderful friends that I want to get on the show, and a lot of them either don't have ghost stories or they just don't believe in ghosts, but I still want them on. So I got to figure out a way to do that. And today I have on my friend Laganja, a strong jaw who is just an icon of both the cannabis industry and drag as a whole. And she's an incredible performer and I am such an honor to call her a friend. And she's sort of a skeptic. I mean, we get into it in the interview, but from what she had told me for the past few months that I've been trying to get her on, she's telling me, you know, she's a skeptic, and but it turns out, you know, she's one of those people that, like a lot of my friends, believe loved ones of theirs that believe in this stuff. So I think that's a tricky situation to be in. But you know, we had on for example Selene Luna, another friend of mine who is a skeptic of that stuff, but she still had stories and she still was like a wonderful guest. So don't worry. We have a blast with this interview, and it's not really that much of an interview. In fact, we're going to be reading stories that you sent to us, so maybe you'll hear your story. Let's go on with the show, you guys. Today, I am joined by a dear friend and our first ever skeptic, so we're gonna see how this goes. You know her from RuPaul's Drag Race season six, and she's also on the current season of So You Think you Can Dance, Ladies and Gentlemen? Laganja a strong job.
Speaker 2: Yes, God, I felt like I should do that. In my ghost voice EVP from the other side, it's gay SMR. You know what I mean? Yes, God, Oh, welcome to ghost It starring the sickening skeptic look on Jost. That's how you should have done it.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm sorry, shouldn't you just take over the show for me? There there actually was internet controversy that you invented and that Cardi B didn't or what.
Speaker 2: Was that look? At you up on pop culture, Miss Roz. First off, I must say you look so I cannot believe you are in drag at four thirty on this good afternoon for.
Speaker 1: This Oh my god, nobody can see it. It's insane.
Speaker 2: The wigline is giving RuPaul the shivers. Wow, you're just looking stunning for everyone who can't see here. She's got on a beautiful vintage gown that's beaded from head to toe. Her kitten heels are maybe a good four inches and let's just kidding, no, she's gone on a six inch pump.
Speaker 1: She's looking good, Thank you. And it's so weird that you just wore that potato sack.
Speaker 2: You know, I just I wanted to get in the whole vibe of like raws. You know, I was like feeling very that so I just wanted to just get rid of everything, stripped me down so we could really start anew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what's going on? So you think you can dance? You're on it.
Speaker 2: You're right, I am on. So you think you can dance, but you don't go by your drag name, right, I don't. So last year I made it to top thirty as Miss Laganjo. Actually as Miss Astranja because I did not bring on the whole ganja aspect onto Fox Network. But this year I went back as myself as Jay and uh actually tonight Tonight's episode is the Academy Week see if I make it yay?
Speaker 1: Uh speaking of a gone jaw, gone jaw. You are the weed Queen, you know.
Speaker 2: I am known as the Sativa Diva, the pot Princess. You know. I go by several names, La Mettijuana from my you know, international speakers. But yes, I am known for you know, cannabis consumption. I'm also known, I hope, for cannabis education.
Speaker 1: You've been on high times.
Speaker 2: I have been on high times. I was the cover of Dope magazine, being the first and so far unfortunately only lgbt QAI plus person to be on the cover of a cannabis magazine. So I've definitely been making my way in that industry. But I am so excited because I finally launched a product of my own with fruit Slabs, which is an all organic, vegan, gluten free, and kosher certified fruit leather hashtag not a gummy, a fruit leather. Yes. So, if you've ever been to like whole Foods, or any good grocery store that's bougie. You've seen like fruit leathers, Like they're like fruit roll ups, but they call it that their fruit leather They call them fruit leathers, but these are called fruit slabs.
Speaker 1: See I'm I'm a fruit leather daddy.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm sure you are. But but yeah, So we released a flavor for Pride, which is the Pride Passion. It's passion fruit with a little lemon lime twist.
Speaker 1: Where do people get it.
Speaker 2: They can get it at dispensaries here in Los Angeles and San Diego and San Francisco. If you want the full list of the exact dispensaries, you can just go to fruit slabs dot com and check out where we're available.
Speaker 1: Amazing. I love that for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you're gonna have to try them.
Speaker 1: I don't do I don't smoke weed, or you don't have to smoke weed.
Speaker 2: It's an edible.
Speaker 1: I don't do THHC.
Speaker 2: It's only ten milligrams. It's for the cana curious. It's very light dose.
Speaker 1: But you know, another thing with it is that it makes me paranoid, and it makes me think that there's ghosts everywhere.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, you paranoid. Don't you do that for a living.
Speaker 1: I'm terrified at all times. So imagine me with a fruit leather in my mouth. That's making me think that there's I think you relax so you don't get you don't ever get scared when you're high.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I I have been medicating now for many, many years. Uh, and for me it is just that it's medicine. It calms me down, it helps me focus, It helped me show up on time today. You know, it's just my go go juice.
Speaker 1: So I know you're so different than me with the Yeah, everyone.
Speaker 2: Has their own you know, vice, some people at cigarettes, some people at yoga. For me, it's laganja.
Speaker 1: For me, it's so crazy because it's exercise and eating well and buying expensive clothing. And I'm just kidding, I don't do it.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, girl, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Leganjo. We also went on a really fun tour that we've talked about many times on the show because we've had kim Chi on here, we've had Peaches on here, so we've talked.
Speaker 2: About basically last that's what you're saying, I haven't best for last or.
Speaker 1: Well, you're the one person I know that doesn't believe in ghosts.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, it's not that I don't believe in them. Here, this is how I'll put it. I believe that if you believe in ghosts, then it's real. So it's just like religion. If you believe in Christianity, then it works because there's a common collective thought and a group of people believing in one thing putting their energy into it. And so I really believe Christianity for people who believe in that, it works. So I think the same thing with ghosts. If you believe in ghosts, if you invite them into your lives, if you allow the spirit realm to enter your realm, then it's very real. So I choose to not believe it's real because I don't want ghosts in my life. Got scare the hell out of me. As a fan of horror genre, I see ghosts as something that is scary, and so I like to not invite that in my life.
Speaker 1: But also, isn't that kind of you admitting that you believe in them.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. It's not that I don't believe in them. I just don't allow them to enter my space or very scared of Oh my god, are you kidding? I don't want to. I just can't imagine. I mean, I really I only have one real ghost story that I truly believe in, and it's of course not even my own. I really haven't had any experiences, thank god, because honey, if the cabinet door's open, or I hear a creek at night and my dog starts barking, no, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I want to hear your ghost story that you believe in in a moment. But the reason that I'm bringing this up is because I've told you of experiences that I've had and you're over here thinking I literally was telling you about this the David omen House, which is something we've talked about on the show, at this haunted house that I've been to, and you're like, girl, because I told him that I heard people, you know, they did a seance and they said, you know, if there's someone here and knock on the wall. Twice I hear a knock and you're like, girl, you know there's somebody in the other room knocking and there's someone pulling the strings, and that's all fake.
Speaker 2: Well, that's just because I don't believe you. You're right, No, no, no, I mean I think something like that, where it is a house and it is set up for people to come and have a ghost experience, it is hard for me to believe that there isn't some sort of production around that. I mean, I live in Hollywood. I've been out here for thirteen years. I just am used to people producing things to get a certain reaction. I e. Me on drag Race, no shade. So for me, you know when you told me that story that I think that's probably where I was coming from. Is just believing that that in that specific space where it's been set up for people to have those experiences, I find it hard to believe that it would happen every time. Guarantee with me. Well, I told you take me, I want to go. Okay, you can experience for yourself, but then once this ghost stuff starts happening to me, you're screwed. I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I tried to get you to come with me ghost hunting.
Speaker 2: That's true, you did, but I had my dog.
Speaker 1: I know, when we were in Boise a couple weeks back, doing mean gays, Yes, doing mean gays. So many people told me you got to go to the Idaho State Penitentiary. I got it. I set it all up, and I was gay. You were game, and you really were. But they wouldn't let you take your puppy, your doorable little dabbers, so we couldn't go. But you couldn't go, And so I went with my suitcase.
Speaker 2: That's what you went without me.
Speaker 1: I went without because I'm like bitch, And I went with my with my suitcase. And then I met you at the airport after.
Speaker 2: But oh, I thought when you said suitcase, like you like took your special ghost to questions and like set up something. No, no, you mean your drag literal you mean your drag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then we spent the whole day in the airport. Uh So, Okay, let's hear your ghost story. Okay, you've heard secondhand and you believe it.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to tell this one because I truly think this story is so scary and if this ever happened to me, I would just be I'll be beside myself.
Speaker 1: Before you tell it in true ly Ganja fashion. Can I get a let's get spookening.
Speaker 2: Come on, ghost it, let's get spark me. Oh now, if you don't put that in the tagline of every episode, I mean, that's y'all's lost, just saying I know a lot of money for something like that. Honey.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I get a bill from Cameo.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, So my sister used to live in this apartment in oak Cliffe, Texas. We were born and raised in Carrollton, Texas. But you know, her her path took her to oak Cliffe and she was living in an old apartment complex that was on the second floor and at the time, her dog, Charlie lived with her, who was a little chihuahuah, and the dog, you know, definitely had strange behavior. It would look up at corners and bark, and it definitely would get perturbed at certain times of the day, specifically every time of a day for many days. So she was aware that there was some sort of paranormal activity in there, or at least she believed that because of her dog's behavior. But it didn't start getting ooh, I'm getting the chills just telling it. It didn't start really getting crazy until the ghost started like physically manifesting itself. And so she referred to it as a water ghost. I don't know much about them. I haven't done my research, but basically the ghost was using water in which to make its presence known. So like literally, I'm getting chills. They're telling you this. The craziest thing that ever happened was one day she came home from her job and the dog was going crazy, of course, and all of the ash trays because my sister is a pothead as well, all of the ashtrays in the house.
Speaker 1: Were filled with water.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: No one was in the cla, no leagues.
Speaker 2: And just in the ashtrays all fill all fills. And then like one time, her washing machine just like crazy exploded and the water all came out and overflowed. Same thing happened in the bathtub. Like I said, there was a lot of weird water activity, but I think the craziest one was that ashtray, because how do you explain that. I mean, for real, sure the washing machine there could have been something messed up. Sure the tub could have come on I guess by itself. I don't know, But the water in the ash trays, that's really something you can't explain. That's very So that's why I've always believed her because I don't think A, that's something you could make up. I mean, if you did, you're really creative and you should be like a storyteller on movies and B my sister has no reason to lie to me. There's no reason to, like, you know what I mean. And so obviously she moved out of there very quickly after all of those incidents happened, and luckily she's never had anything happen since. But it's just something that stuck with me for a long time because it is so, like I said, it's so unexplainable. There's no way that you know, water would appear in ashtrays perfectly around the house, like that's weird.
Speaker 1: Spooky, very well, and that's especially like as a pothead, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you're on my turf right, it's like, oh my gosh, I'm not allowed to smoke in here. We gotta go. That's not gonna work. That's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I thought it would be fun too.
Speaker 2: Was that a good story?
Speaker 1: I think it's really good. I've never heard that. I've honestly never that. I've never heard anything like that.
Speaker 2: Now you got to go look up water ghosts. Apparently it's a thing. Yeah yeah, see, look at bringing new things as a skeptic to your show. Get into it.
Speaker 1: I know you're not as bad of a guess as I thought I should have had you on earlier. Okay, let's do an episode where we read some ghost stories.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: People send me ghost stories NonStop, and I love it. I can never get enough of them, and I just thought, you know, maybe we should read them, and you know, you can offer your drag queen commentary okay, and I we can just talk about it and maybe you'll have an explanation or maybe a counterpoint, yeah, an alternate explanation, or or maybe we can turn you into a full fledged believer. Okay, that's kind of more my goal today.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm into this, so I'll just have to pretend it's not coming from you, because, like I said, anything comes from you, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: So well, this one right here did not come from me. It came from roxy Am, which is her name on this Apple podcast review, which there's many ways you can send me stories, but first we're gonna start with some Apple podcast ones because that's one of my favorite ways that you can send me a story in a five star review because it always helps the show and stuff. But okay, roxy m so, she says, for my ghost story, I'll share my most freaky experience.
Speaker 2: Oo, get your free home.
Speaker 1: I had a run in with a self made Ouiji board as a teen, a self made one. Have you ever done a wigi board?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just heard weed and I got so distracted. What we g oh oig okay g Actually I did play with that as a kid, and I don't do that no more, you see, because that invites the spirits.
Speaker 1: You are a You lied to me and you told me that you didn't believe in goes.
Speaker 2: I don't you believe that it.
Speaker 1: Invites the spirits? Okay, So she did a self made wigi board as a teen, and she says in pronthes and not the best idea in retrospect. And you know, other various happenings, but the one that sticks out in my mind the most involves one of my children's Fisher Price toys. In our previous rental home in the Pacific Northwest, we had suspicious activity that seemed paranormal. My kids saw shadow people. One was panicked after hearing breathing right next to her during quiet reading time alone in her room.
Speaker 2: How's the book?
Speaker 1: Is it good? What are you reading? Juny B. Jones. And then my mother in law came to visit. She's talked about being somewhat sensitive and was scared because she said she felt a presence without us mentioning anything, and did a trick to see if a nickel would be moved in her guest room while she was out in the living room. Guess what it did? See that ghost was there for the coins? Mam?
Speaker 2: Wow? Maybe so? Or is there other family members involved? Is that what's happening here?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well? I was thinking maybe somebody else moved the coin to scare her.
Speaker 1: I don't know. She seemed to be on this journey on her own, the grandmother, because they didn't tell her. She just had this sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe okay. So while I'm open to the paranormal, I was basically like, uh huh okay. And then I took our youngest into our bedroom the same day to nap and half fell asleep with her. Then I woke up suddenly and looked straight at a toy lamp, A laugh and learn lamp sitting near me on top of a bin of clean clothes. It lit up and said hello and turned back off. It was terrifying, Piarez, Hello is one of the things it can say, but it's light switch has to be switched up manually. The energy I felt was so scary. I wasn't questioning there being a presence after that, and I threw that lamp away. It seemed like it was being used as a means of communication.
Speaker 2: Hebe GBI's.
Speaker 1: Since we've moved houses, we haven't had any other issues like that. I'd love to hear from other renters of that house if they had similar experiences. I couldn't find any negative history on the address from my online searching. Hmm, so a children's toy.
Speaker 2: Sounds like toys RS got her real good faulty toy. I'm gonna say, faulty toy.
Speaker 1: Is that what you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it already said hello, I mean I just think that, you know, but you had to be the bait. But maybe the batteries were dying, and so it was like giving one last goodbye before the battery died or I don't know, I just see, that's what I mean. I think a lot of it could be in her mind, is all I'm saying. Maybe she invited that, and like I said, the toy was just dying, but because she'd already felt this other energy from something else, like she read into the toy too much.
Speaker 1: Next, you're gonna tell me that toy story is not real? Wow or choppy Goy, You're no fun. Okay, let's move on to another one. This one is coming from Kaylee Cake on Apple Podcasts five star Reviews.
Speaker 2: She says, I love the show so much.
Speaker 1: Ross listen to this part. I started listening to you after I went to the Mean gay show at the Egyptian Theater in Boise.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Shout out, Peaches, And she says that is haunted by the old projectionist.
Speaker 2: Ooo.
Speaker 1: See, I knew all old theaters are haunted, so we didn't really have much time like downtime to like, you know, explore. I know, I wanted to ask somebody that worked there, like.
Speaker 2: It was a beautiful theater, but it felt like it had been redone. So but the ghosts are mad. Oh.
Speaker 1: I know, it was so clean and nice in there, but it was like very old. Okay, I've lived in Boise my whole life, and many family members, friends and strangers have all had at least one story from being from being here in Idaho. My family was raised Catholic. They never went to Mass, but just got sent to Catholic school my whole life. So we are very open to family members still looking over us, and all of us because of our openness, have had experiences.
Speaker 2: My sister, she said it right there, because of our openness, you do, you see? So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just not open, right right, yeah, I'm I mean it makes sense you're open, I know very well. It's like I am, but I'm not. But I get that. Like I think it's like that with dating too, and like lots of things in life, well.
Speaker 2: Nothing scarier than dating.
Speaker 1: So there you go. But like, if you're open to dating, like I think that you can attract more that way.
Speaker 2: Whether than that my problem.
Speaker 1: You're not open to it.
Speaker 2: No, my legs are open, but the dating part I just don't getting there.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get back to this Idaho.
Speaker 2: These are the dragon drag commentaries you're looking for, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: So my sister getting tickled in a room all by herself.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's rough. I would hate that.
Speaker 1: I know a mysterious woman who looked exactly like our mom, but wasn't. Oh she's coming for that mom. Oh I felt that one this woman walking through our house. My sister being physically pushed out of our grandparents' garage because she didn't say hi to the ghost when she entered. Oh, those ghosts are like, bitch, you better say hi. Okay here, but here is mine. We have an eighty year old cabin on a lake in North Idaho. I'm terrible.
Speaker 2: I'm already scared.
Speaker 1: No, it was where many a party, laughs, fights, and love happened, and still does, my friend. My first experience was when I was walking past what was my grandpa's old room, all my grandparents had passed at least five years before, when I heard him call out to my mom. So I asked her if she heard anything, and she said no. And I asked if anyone was staying at the cousin's cabin right next door, and she said no, we are the only ones up here. I wasn't scared, so I started bawling my eyes out, as one does who's been visited by a loved one. Anyways, three years pass and I'm taking my boyfriend up there for the first time. It's June, which is super cold up there, so again it is just us on the whole six mile of beach surrounding us. My boyfriend is getting ready for bed when I had fallen asleep on the couch, and he swears he heard something open the kitchen door, which is heavy and makes a noise opening and closing, and he heard a female voice say my name. He ran out, saw nothing there and woke me up, and I brushed it off because I knew it was just family. Side note, my boyfriend's old house in Oxnard was haunted by a demon. If you want some really fun stories, which this couple is a trail paz I this is like maybe the third at least person that has told me about demons in Oxnard, California, like I've had met mold Let's go. It could be like all the same house and it's the same person trying to contact me about these demons there, or there's just a lot of demons in Oxnard. But speaking of demons in Oxnard, I will be hosting the Ross Matthews Bubbly Brunch. It will be coming to Oxnard. So if you want to see this demon in action, we will be doing that in August, all right? And then I love her. She's so me because she goes after telling this story about her boyfriend and the demon, she goes back to me. We head for Bad and get all cuddled up under the sheets. Okay, I'm getting turned on in my grandpa's old room, same one from before. We are laying there in complete blackness when I smell a CIGGI and I flip over to my boyfriend and say, hey, do that in here, and he said, I'm not, but I smell it too. Just then we both started to listen carefully and we heard chatter that sounded happy, like it was muffled, but maybe coming from the front of the house. I looked at my boyfriend and say, oh, they're just still partying from their lives here, no worries. And about three minutes later it faded away, but the sig smoke didn't anyways. I fell asleep and my past family remains at the cabin to drink, smoke and relive. There's summer at the cabins always, sir. If this took long, I hope it made sense. Thank you.
Speaker 2: For doing what you do.
Speaker 1: And oh, she's given me all these nice compliments. She says, thank you for doing what you do and being a voice to all those who love ghosts, but not in a douchey way. Please come back to Boise soon. Also, I noticed you went to the old penitentiary. Did anything happen? Thank you again, sincerely, Kayley. Oh, I will say not much happened when I went to the penitentiary. It just like feelings and stuff and I was trying to like get a little bit of I mean, if I was with you, like us, since I was alone, I was like.
Speaker 2: Too scared, not trying to get fully in depth. No, no, I don't know. And I would be fun would I would be hilarious. I think to take on one of these excursions. I really think we're gonna have to do that.
Speaker 1: We're going to do it, and we're film it and we're gonna put it up. Let's do it. Okay, let's listen to more stories.
Speaker 2: So wait, the scariest thing was happening, and she said some sig smoke.
Speaker 1: Well, and she heard the laughing, and then and then what about her boyfriend's experience?
Speaker 2: He heard someone call her name yeah, well he was on ambien probably, And then for her, I'm going to say lights some incense, girl, that smell is gross.
Speaker 1: Okay. Here's one from Haley PM and she says what starts out with a review of the show. She says, if you read, if you read Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark as a kid, and you like people with electric personalities, you will love this podcast.
Speaker 2: You sure love to toot that horn. She says.
Speaker 1: I always say Eve please out loud with Roz and it makes me lol. So here's a story for you, ros and Laganja. Oh Okay, about two years ago, I took a Haunted walking tour in New Orleans. We had been drinking before the tour started, but I was still very much coherent, engaged and even asking questions during the tour.
Speaker 2: Sure you are, sweetie.
Speaker 1: Towards the end of the tour, I started feeling dizzy and I actually had to sit down on a sidewalk in New Orleans. Gross. So clearly I was unwell. I always just thought I had alcohol alcohol poisoning. But in the Katrina Widman episode of Ghosted, you were talking about Roz's friend, who's Meg molloy, who also got sick when she was in front of the Lollerie mansion in New Orleans. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I'm pretty sure we were in front of the Lollerien mansion when I initially started feeling woozy. So here's my new theory. I wasn't sick from too many shots of Yaggermeister. I got ghosted. All right, here's one that is more serious from Eric.
Speaker 2: And this is a scary one. I want to get really scared. I want to get the shivers over here.
Speaker 1: I think this one's scary. Oh no, okay, Well I pulled this one because literally I talked, well, I mean, you were there when I was. Before we did our show in Idaho, I checked all these messages and I saw so many about Idahostate Pittitentiary. You gotta go, you gotta go. So wow. So many of our listeners have been there or know about it and all this stuff, and so since talking about it on the show, I've gotten a lot of people writing me about it and their experiences there. So this story is about somebody that actually went there and we can actually live vicariously through them.
Speaker 2: Let me have it.
Speaker 1: This is from Eric. You put it in our Facebook group, which is ghosted by ros Dressvelas. Please join and share your stories. All right, Eric says, I was listening to the podcast when you were talking about the Idaho State Penitentiary. This all connected the dots with my experience there because I told him about how I went to one of the really spooky places and I felt really creeped out.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, no, sweetie, I listened to your show.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, you do listen to my thanks the spark.
Speaker 2: Notes, but I'm actually tuned into ghost it every week. How dare you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Thank you. So I'm somewhat reluctant sharing this story because I don't want to sound like a crazy person. Here it goes, though. I went on tour there a few years ago with a girl I was seeing at the time. It was in September and raining cue the horror music, is what he says. Oh, I like it. Before we went, I hadn't heard that the pen was haunted, but figured that it was pretty old, so it probably was. We went on a guided tour and there were about ten other people on the tour. I didn't go on the tour seeking anything or hoping that any would happen. I've had weird stuff happened to me before, but I definitely don't go seeking it. During the tour, we went to a number of buildings, talked about the old gallows and such. It was really cool at Solitary Confinement. I remember feeling a little creeped out, but nothing too crazy. Then we got to cell Block four. It was the older cell block that was condemned. After the tour guides explained the history of the area, we were allowed to go to the second tier and look at the cells. The girl and I went all the way to the last cell. I remember getting a little dizzy and felt sick to my stomach. My vision was blurry. I had to lay my head against the fence just to stay upright. I told her we need to go find a bathroom. I don't feel very good. As soon as we walked out of the barred off area at the other end of the tier, I felt completely fine. It was so weird, but it got stranger. We finally got to sell Block five and Death Row. The group got into the death row area and I leaned up against one of the cells. The tour guides started to talk about the history of the gallows which were through a big metal door, and other historical stuff. To be honest, I don't really remember what they said or what it was about. I don't really know if I heard what they were saying either, the reason being because as soon as they started talking, I felt my throat closing, as if I was being choked. You might like this, this is crazy. It didn't feel like hands around my throat, but like a slow crushing sensation. I tried to swallow multiple times and kid it. Yeah, that's your how As soon as we stepped out of death Row, the feeling was gone. I told her what happened. After the tour was over, her and I went back to Death Row. I didn't feel the choking again, but I did feel a great deal of uneasiness. As you shared, there was only one inmate that was hung there, Raymond Snowden, Idaho's Jack the Ripper. Can I say what happened there was paranormal? I don't know, but it was very strange.
Speaker 2: It is strange. I don't have an explanation for this one. That one's weird for sure. Yeah, a closing of the throat. I mean, the only thing that would be is like if he had a food right and like forgot that he ate something or I don't know that one's not explainable. It's weird, very scary. Yeah, I don't see. That's why I don't like. I don't like anything like that. I think if I ever have a ghost experience, I hope that it'll be one of like, you know, a nice ghost, something good, like I would actually love to see a ghost. I think that that would be such an amazing no no, because see, when you open up, you get the good and the bad. Because just like anything in life, right when you open yourself up to it, you're not always going to get the good. So that's why I just stay close to it because I don't feel that it's something I want to really experience. I actually just thought of another story that came to my mind. It was my music teacher growing up in his old house. He used to say that he had a ghost, but he said that like she was friendly and that it was like the house ghost, and that he didn't mind her. So see something like that I would be comfortable with. But like all this throat clothing or if the sheets get pulled off of you in the night and all that, I just I don't know, girl, I can't deal with that.
Speaker 1: It's the ghost that don't know boundaries. Yeah, but also I feel like the people too. Well yeah, no, so that's what I'm saying. I feel like we all know those people in real life that don't know boundaries. So when they died, they become these ghosts that don't know boundaries. True, you know, it's probably true exactly. They don't know how to stay out of people's space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to come back as a beautiful dancing ghost to make people happy.
Speaker 1: What would you wear.
Speaker 2: As a ghost. I don't know. Something translucent, right, isn't that what ghosts are supposed to wear, Like something very schafani and nude colored, and.
Speaker 1: You'd probably do a reveal like actually whip it off and have one of those little dental floss outfits that you wear covering my dancing ghost company.
Speaker 2: One day is going to be studying.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's read one more. This one's a little bit.
Speaker 2: I thought we're gonna do voices too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll hear those next. Okay, Okay, this one's from Chandra. I think it's Chandra h A and d A Chandra.
Speaker 2: It's actually pronounced Chandra Chandra.
Speaker 1: She also put this one on the Facebook group. Okay, here's my ghost story. I'm not sure if it'll get read since you've already talked about the Stanley Hotel, but I'll give it a shot because I love this show so much. Thanks Chandra. The Stanley Hotel, case you don't know, is the hotel that inspired Stephen King to write The Shining. A few years ago, my sister and I went on a haunted road trip. Fun that does have fun. We stopped at the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose.
Speaker 2: I know, let's go on a road trip. Can we please go actually to that house?
Speaker 1: That's something? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, Like, let's let that's the thing that was totally we should always wanted to go.
Speaker 1: We should go do shows up north and we'll go up there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm for real, Like, let's make that happen. Okay, I've always wanted to see that house. Okay, keep going.
Speaker 1: Sorry, The was Sho Club in Virginia City, and of course the Stone the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colera. I can never say, is it Estes I think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember when we talked about the show, I called it Amelio Estevez Park, because I don't know how to say it, and it's not the The shining is the Sheening Oh okay, the Sheening Haney in Estes Park, Colorado. As soon as we got to the Stanley, we went to book our seats on the ghost tour, but when we got to the office, they were all sold out. We were so bummed, but we instead planned on waiting till midnight and wandering around the hotel ourselves just in case we could find something. While checking out the lobby, we were stopped by a security guard who had immediately immediately figured out that what we were doing. We thought we were going to get in trouble, but instead he offered us our own private tour. Oh cool. Once we made sure we were safe because the guy was two times our size and he could have easily hidden our bodies where no one could find them, we ventured off. We got to see so many haunted spots, but my personal favorite was the infamous carriage House. The carriage house was located a few yards away from the property, and as we were walking up, we noticed that the door was wide open. Our security tour guide motioned for us to stay behind him and he yelled out, is anyone there? I listened and heard two people having a conversation inside fighting. I started getting really scared because I had no idea what we were going to walk in on. But when we went through the doorway, there wasn't anyone there. I recorded the whole night, and while I got some weird stuff, the conversation didn't show up on the tape recorder, which is weird because I remember I could hear it so loud that night.
Speaker 2: Crazy faulty recorder or special ghost powers one or the other.
Speaker 1: Right, a ghosts. That's the explanation. Well, speaking of ghosts, we should listen to some ghost voices.
Speaker 2: I am so excited. How did you get ghost voices?
Speaker 1: It's time for ev or ev plase? So how did I get ghost voices?
Speaker 2: You ask?
Speaker 1: Well, usually what I do is I just go to YouTube and I just like, you know, there's so many ghost voices out there, But how do you.
Speaker 2: Know if they were the real the real if any how do I know if you're real? Well, sweetie, come and touch touch the skin, honey exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, usually what happens is, yeah, I go to YouTube. But for the first time in ghosted history, I'm so excited to announce that somebody that listens to the show gave us their own EPs. What I know, I'm so excited. This comes from Jenny. She put this in the Facebook group, and she has a bunch of them with a link to a website. So if you check out the Facebook group, you'll see this post from Jenny, and you can check out all the other ones. We'll just listen to a few of them. But she says, ev please, I grew up in a super haunted house. Our parents quickly became ghost believers and brought out a team to investigate. I've had a link to these old EVPs for years. I've always kept pretty quiet about the whole thing. But these babies are just too clear and creepy not to share.
Speaker 2: Oh nervous?
Speaker 1: Are you ready? I was born?
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's hear them. Tell me what you think this ghost says?
Speaker 2: Is that's it?
Speaker 1: Well, it's not that they're going to tell a whole monologue. They're not gonna do some Shakespeare's sonnets.
Speaker 2: Well, wow, what am I even listening to? I just heard are well?
Speaker 1: But they said something? What do you think it was? Here? I'll play it again? Problem come help me.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, here's some options. Okay, was it a untie me? Maybe they're getting to some kinky things. Never know, b I'm pregnant. See yes, bitch, you know when like you like when I walk into the room and everyone goes yes, bitch.
Speaker 2: Well not exactly, but okay, yeah, or is it d hey? Hey, hey, put your letters up. I hate you for that. Okay, let me hear it one more time. Okay, I just honestly hear Come fuck me now, I really do. That's literally what I hear.
Speaker 1: All the time. That's do It's I'm pregnant.
Speaker 2: That's what she thinks.
Speaker 1: You can hear.
Speaker 2: I did just hear it. That's scary. How did she record this?
Speaker 1: Where was she?
Speaker 2: I want to know all the details now I know.
Speaker 1: But also this was in two thousand and four and it was she they wrote this. EVP was found on the second recorder, which was recording simultaneously next to the other recorder. You'll hear the voice say I'm pregnant. And this was all recorded at that house. And this is in Kansas, leah Wood, Kansas.
Speaker 2: So scary, friend. I'm getting the chills over here, you see. I shouldn't have come on this podcast. Now I'm going to have a ghost experience. I'm over at now.
Speaker 1: Kind of want you to know and tell it.
Speaker 2: No, Uh, that's so mean.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's listen to the second one. Okay, so you'll you'll first hear an investigators say you see you hear the male homeowners say really, and then tell me what you think you hear a whisper. It's kind of a whisper ghost.
Speaker 2: Really, not me, not me, not mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it says not me, not me, not me, not me.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a couple options. Is it a poppy poppy?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is it B hunty?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: These are silly.
Speaker 2: Now, now you're just being gay? Is it C?
Speaker 1: Now you're just being okay?
Speaker 2: Is it poppy? Shut up?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: Is it C puppy, puppy puppy okay?
Speaker 1: Or d at?
Speaker 2: Push it? Did you just say ah, push it? At?
Speaker 1: Push it? But push it real?
Speaker 2: I'm done with you. I don't think it's any of those. I think it's what I said.
Speaker 1: We're in a bag.
Speaker 2: Well, do you do push? No, it's what I said. He says, really, and then he goes, not me, not me, No, you're just being gay. I think it's clear.
Speaker 1: Well, they believe that it says puppy, puppy.
Speaker 2: Why puppy? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe there was a puppy there or something. I'll be honest with you, I haven't had the time to read all of this stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's a love when you bring things on your podcast that you haven't adequately researched. How professional.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I gave you four options, and it's one of those real ones.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's of those options. I think it's not me okay.
Speaker 1: Was That's the thing with when you record an EVP. You know that you recorded something, but you got to pull from thin air what it could have been. So you know, it could have said any it could have it could be it could be many different things. Who knows. But I'm going to take the time to read about all that whole investigation and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't wait to hear about it on the next podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, I think we're done here.
Speaker 2: Did we turn up and turn out?
Speaker 1: I think we did what we needed to do. Wow, Waite, I turned you into a little bit more of a believer. Well, I think I think I think I just had a misunderstanding of your stance on ghosts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you did too. I think, like I said, it's not that I don't believe in them, I just don't invite them into my life. Yeah, so did you turn me into more of a believer. I'm gonna say no, my love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're such a belief believer.
Speaker 2: But I really enjoy listening to your podcast. I love ghost stories. I love all things that are you know, paranormal, just because I think it is touching on the things that we can't explain. And I think that's what life's about. I think we try to find the black and white and explain everything, and so I love the area of the gray. And again, you know, while I may not be inviting it into my life, I support those such as yourself who believe in it and make it their work because I respect it.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you. Yes, I think what you do is sinful and terrible.
Speaker 2: Well it is, but it's so sickening, mama.
Speaker 1: Would you last? Final question? Final question? If being a ghost is real and it's a good thing, and for some reason you die before me, would you come visit me?
Speaker 2: Well, I definitely fix that makeup gorge.
Speaker 1: See that was a good time. Lagon is one of those people that's not necessarily a comedian, but one of the funniest people I've ever met. Everything that comes out of her mouth makes me laugh. So yeah, keep sending in those stories because I have, you know, all kinds of fun friends that could come in here and read them with me. And of course, the way you can do that is by joining the Facebook group Ghosted by Roz dress Vallees. You can post them there or you could leave a five star review on Apple Podcasts and in your review you can send the ghost story there. And I do I apologize if I haven't read your story yet. There are so many that keep coming in and I love it, and you know, don't worry, Eventually I'll get to as many as I can. So yeah, thank you guys so much for sending them to me, and thank you so much for listening. I hope you enjoyed today. Please follow me on Instagram at Roz dress Fales. Like my Facebook page roz dress Vales, and we also have a Facebook page for Ghosted by Roz Dresfalas as well. Please give us a five star review and five star rating on Apple Podcasts. Subscribe to the show and tell a couple of friends. You know, I love it when you guys post in your Insta stories about the show. If you just take a little screen grab that you're listening, you tag me in it, you say something nice about it, you tell your followers, Oh, listen to this podcast.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'll repost it if you tag me.
Speaker 2: Sure love to.
Speaker 1: We're here every Thursday, so I guess they'll see you next week. Thanks so much for listening. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt mekay by Star means a
Speaker 2: Podcast network