Speaker 1: Second date update?
Speaker 2: What's the percentage of guys reaching out to us versus girls on these second dates?
Speaker 1: We never good questions, We never really talk about that.
Speaker 3: I would assume it's more dudes.
Speaker 4: Well, hey, I feel like it's a pretty fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: I asked our producer, And out of the hundreds of emails we get from all across North America every month, he thinks it's around eighty five percent dudes, fourteen percent ladies, and one percent UFO. Why aren't you answering the homing beacon if you add one more to the ladies column, because today we're going to be talking to Alexandra Alexandra cann of call you Ali short for a L I E N Alien.
Speaker 1: They're out there, I believe.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 4: I was like, did I call a conspiracy where we're.
Speaker 5: Doing a second date?
Speaker 1: I was, let's start with the guy whose name who had abducted you? Who is it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: He didn't object me.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, his name is Scott and I met him online.
Speaker 5: Normal name, Jeff, normal Scotty. I meant that one was a lame Okay, So wait, you met him online?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I got distracted.
Speaker 8: To Yeah, So we met him line, and I thought his like profile was really funny because then he said, do you like bad boys?
Speaker 9: Because I'm bad at everything.
Speaker 6: I never heard that.
Speaker 1: You haven't heard that one before. There's a first for everybody, I guess.
Speaker 5: I think that's okay, it's still funny.
Speaker 4: It just means like, even if it's not an original joke, it still means that he is self deprecating and wants.
Speaker 5: To be Yeah.
Speaker 7: I thought it was cute.
Speaker 8: So we decided to meet at a seafood restaurant and it's attached to the mall, and I was like, this is perfect.
Speaker 7: Like I love.
Speaker 8: Chopping and I love seafood, so like, okay, and a new person.
Speaker 5: In the other Okay, well that's good that that was right up your alley. Was shopping part of it? Or you were just going to do that before you met him.
Speaker 7: I was just going to do that before I met him.
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 2: But okay, what a fun day for you. How did the actual dinner go?
Speaker 8: It was great, Like he ordered a Pooh poop lacker. It's like I thought it was a joke, but I learned something new.
Speaker 5: You know, I didn't know that either.
Speaker 1: Basically, it's like a mixture of food and seafood.
Speaker 5: So that's fun. You're trying new things. You're meeting a new person.
Speaker 8: Like the food was awesome, so yummy, and I thought we were having a great time, like we have the more lights bul cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was like, I think this could be something real, you know, Okay.
Speaker 5: I mean that's a deep connection on a first date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when they are checking off all those boxes and you're like, wow, you really are likeable.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you had a lot to drink. So what happened after dinner?
Speaker 8: After dinner, we were walking streets mall to get to our cars, and I was like, oh my god, I think he's going to kiss me. But then I started freaking out because I didn't have a gum or mint in my purse and we just.
Speaker 9: Had fish so I had like fish breas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you both had fish breast.
Speaker 2: I feel like if you combine two fish breasts together, it's some sort of explosive thing.
Speaker 8: Happened.
Speaker 5: No, I think it's fine.
Speaker 1: It's like cyber dessert.
Speaker 3: Baby get over.
Speaker 1: Alexandra doesn't sound.
Speaker 5: Like she's into it, though, what'd you do?
Speaker 8: I was worried, so I was just like, Okay, hold on a second, and then I ran into a department stork and I just like sprayed some perfume in my mouth.
Speaker 7: I just was like panicking, so I sprayed the perview in my mouth and then we walked to my car and he did kiss me.
Speaker 4: You were acting so nonchalant about the perfume spray, Like, didn't it make you like really strong too?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Also, he kissed you, you said he noticed.
Speaker 1: I would assume yes. What was his.
Speaker 7: Reaction, I mean he didn't seem to care.
Speaker 8: Like then he was like, you want to come over and watch a movie?
Speaker 1: He's like, really, okay, let's go home.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like he didn't mention anything, and then I went over.
Speaker 8: We spent the night. It was super fulk much. I thought it was a great day.
Speaker 9: But now it's like been a week and I haven't heard from him, so I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 5: What was it like in the morning, it was fine.
Speaker 8: It was a weekday, so we both had to like get up early and go So was there.
Speaker 2: A morning kiss when you left, except to use like oven cleaner or something?
Speaker 8: Oh no, I mean.
Speaker 5: Wait, there wasn't a morning kiss. There wasn't a good bye kiss or anything.
Speaker 9: No, it was just like a hug.
Speaker 2: Oh cooled off from the previous. That's a little bit odd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that is weird because I hate to say it this way, but if you can deal with seafood breath, you can deal with perfume breath, morning breathe.
Speaker 5: Just brush your face.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we're gonna play a song. We'll come back.
Speaker 2: We'll call Scott and try and see if we can get you a second date update.
Speaker 9: All right, Okay, I think okay, hold on.
Speaker 1: Second date update.
Speaker 2: The thing about relationships is you never forget that first kiss, eyes closed, soft lips, hint of mahi mahi on the tone, This slight aftertaste of oh, the toilette. I mean, you have to give Alexandra props for thinking on her feet when she felt like she had bad breath, because right before her kiss was Scott in the mall parking lot. She ducked into a department store and splas some sample perfume into her mouth to mask the fish breath from dinner.
Speaker 5: How would that taste better?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 5: You should have gone like a candy shop or something exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, you can judge all you want, ladies, But she ended up spending the night.
Speaker 1: Over at Scott's toys afterwards. Now he has been ghosting.
Speaker 2: But Alexandra, if this all goes to plan, you could become the next big perfume model.
Speaker 9: That would be amazing.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's the endorsement most perfume.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, I think there may be even a warning like do not ingest on the bottles.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's, you know, some thrift store that would love to have you as their mom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how are you feeling?
Speaker 9: I'm feeling good. I just want to know, like, what's up with him?
Speaker 5: What's your theory?
Speaker 7: You know, I really honestly don't know.
Speaker 4: He's got cold, Like the connection was too strong, it overwhelmed him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like we got freaked out.
Speaker 2: That happens a lot on these too strong of a connection, too much.
Speaker 5: Love, sarcasm in your voice.
Speaker 1: I'm just playing off what you said. Everything was perfect, So never mind.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's stop speculating. We're just going to give Scott a call and see what he has to say.
Speaker 1: You ready, Yeah, all right, here we go. Oho, Hey is a Scott. Who's hey? My name is Jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Uh, okay, cool.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: We're doing something on our show called a second Date Update, and we're looking to help out one of our listeners who you took out to seafood recently named Alexandra.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but how how are you guys involved in that?
Speaker 5: Exactly great question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alexandra chose to get us involved because after what she described as a really good date, you have been kind of m ia.
Speaker 6: Uh hu. So she called you guys about that.
Speaker 1: Well, she's just a little confused.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a little weird.
Speaker 4: Well, but I mean think of it from her perspective, right, like you were giving her all the signals that you liked her. You seemed like you guys had a good time, she stayed the night, and then nothing from you.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 6: That's so what you guys want me to tell you? Why, like on the radio for like everybody get here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean really, we're not that interested in your dating life, but Alexandra has a pretty big stake in it.
Speaker 1: She wants to know. She's worried maybe she did something wrong.
Speaker 8: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: Maybe there's a misunderstanding that you guys could work out. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Uh, I don't know if she wants me to say it on air. I can. I mean, she could have called me. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: We heard that she has been calling you and how has been texting you and you're not answering.
Speaker 6: Okay, fine, if she wants to know, I can tell her and everybody can hear it.
Speaker 5: And she you sound really angry.
Speaker 6: No, I mean she was fine. I mean it was chill night, we had a good time, dinner was fine. The kiss is good. But look, I you know, sometimes you get those red flags, and I got a really probably one of the biggest red flags I've ever gotten.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, bro, oh what happened?
Speaker 6: So she told me that she went shopping and she's like, do you want to see.
Speaker 3: What I bought?
Speaker 6: And I was like, okay, yeah, sure. I mean I guess you brought it with JR. Days and that maybe be kind of like kinky or something, you know, think fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, and sorry, where where is this happening?
Speaker 6: It's bet my place, it'scept my place. She takes that like a little box, like a little velvet box. I'm like, is bad to like proposed to me? Or she gets on her knee, But no, she didn't propose. But you show it is a ring and it's a nice ring.
Speaker 1: Like, wow, wait so this was like an engage and ring.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was. It was a nice engagement ring. And I thought that was weird just off the bat. But then I was like, okay, so, like are you trying to marry somebody or is this just for you to like have a nice ring? And she was like, well, I bought it for myself. But she said that we're dating and it's going well and getting serious enow, which I'm not even really sure how serious. Like I had a feeling like two dates might be serious enough for her that I would take over the payments for the ring because she didn't pay for it all out right.
Speaker 1: That's that's what she said.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 4: In my head I was going through like, good for you, a girl by yourself a ring, like you weren't charge of your money, but she didn't actually buy it, she didn't pay for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I have to like pay her the rent on her rank.
Speaker 5: That had to be a joke. I mean, honestly, I had to be. She was joking with you, so.
Speaker 6: No, I thought so too. I was like, that's a pretty weird joke, and She's like, no, I'm serious, Like, this is how I know someone's curious about me. I want them to pay for the ring that I bought. But you know, like if I'm going to make that kind of decision where I'm gonna I'm gonna marry somebody, I'm gonna buy my own ring and I'll pay for it whatever. But oh wow, she.
Speaker 1: Might get too engagement of this. It sounds like, I don't care.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you just tell her that you have a car payment and so if you guys get serious, maybe she could take that way.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what couples do. They work together in these things.
Speaker 2: And another thing that couples do is they secretly wait on the other line while the other person is telling their dating story. Yeah, because I need to let you know, Scott that Alexandra's on the other line listening and she wants to talk to you. Okay, that's not a joke.
Speaker 1: She's really there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hello, No, nice, how are you?
Speaker 8: I haven't heard from you?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I explained why.
Speaker 5: Alexandra. Did he get that right?
Speaker 4: Did you really tell him that he would take over the payments of this engagement ring or like, were you kidding?
Speaker 8: Let me explain like eventually. I was like, I just don't want to play any games, Like I'm putting all my cards on the table. I want a serious relationship and like eventually I want to get married. And I picked out the ring because I've been engaged with before and he I didn't like the ring at all, So I was like, let me just pick one out for myself. And like I'm not thinking immediately he'll start paying for it, but like, yeah, eventually we're dating.
Speaker 7: For a while, he can take over the payments.
Speaker 1: So what is your visa numbers? We could take that down real quick.
Speaker 6: You know that doesn't sit right with me?
Speaker 1: Oh your MasterCard? That's okay, we accept.
Speaker 6: Like I said, to me, kind of sounds like a scam a little bit. It sounds like to me, she wants a sugar daddy that's going to give her like some kind of monthly payment.
Speaker 1: Marriage does sound like a answer a lot of guys. That's a natural feeling. But that's okay, that's just love.
Speaker 6: And okay if we break up, are you going to refund me the money for the ring? Now?
Speaker 4: That's a good question, though, I mean she's not asking, I don't think right Alexander for you to like take over the payment next week.
Speaker 5: She's talking like a year or two down the line.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like not that far down the line, but maybe like a few months.
Speaker 5: Already wearing it. That's so fast, so much like.
Speaker 7: No, it's extensive.
Speaker 9: It's like a lot of money.
Speaker 3: That's so intimidating for anybody, a guy or a girl. Like if I told a girl, hey, I want to propose to you someday, I already picked out the ring. If you really want to get married, you got to start paying in on it or something, she'd be like, what the heck, you don't buy it.
Speaker 8: Make the man do it.
Speaker 5: It's just like all so much on a first date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just absurd, Like the first couple, that is a game. You're playing a game right here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not a game.
Speaker 7: I'm saying, this is what I want. If Scott, if you don't want to lock.
Speaker 8: This down, then I'm not going to be around.
Speaker 6: I don't want to lock it down. Well, that's why I'm not taking up your phone calls.
Speaker 4: It's just like, I think you're concentrated too much on the engagement in the wedding and not so much on the partnership with another person.
Speaker 3: On the finish line. You haven't even started the race yet.
Speaker 1: No one cares about the race. The finish line is the only thing that's fun.
Speaker 7: It's fine.
Speaker 9: It's fine because I was more attracted to your brother anyway.
Speaker 6: What do you even know about my brother?
Speaker 9: I saw a picture of him on your desk, get your place, and you know you're like a seven, but he's definitely.
Speaker 7: Like a nine.
Speaker 2: I think has a higher higher credit score than Scott. We could probably afford that ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, third, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, what are you talking like? I'm telling you know that they're gonna go after my brother and gonna try to get him to marry you.
Speaker 2: Like you're she's created and she thinks on her feet, and she's a good planner, a head and.
Speaker 6: We would live at hammer.
Speaker 1: Before you become a gammer planner.
Speaker 2: It's you know, one letter basically the same, and we would like to send you guys out on another date on our credit.
Speaker 5: Card, which does not have a very high limit.
Speaker 1: So we got about thirty bucks less. So either one of you, I'm good.
Speaker 9: I'm good.
Speaker 6: I don't call my brother either. I'll tell him about you.
Speaker 9: I'll tell him I've already contacted him on Facebook and said that you lie about it, so look at that.
Speaker 1: We're already starting family drama. Jeez, that is
Speaker 5: Some word flies Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.