Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Unidentified aerial trendomenon courtesy of the gross face killer on the discord. I would have also accepted Miles has a sinus trenfection, because Miles is out with a sinus trenfection. Anyways, I'm Jack and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by mister Blake Wickline.
Speaker 2: Aka Osmosis Drones.
Speaker 1: Drone Jones in for some drones in Bro. What else is there? What else? What else? Drones plays on words? Uh, Blake, it's wonderful to have you. Thank you so much. It's he it's still drone city out there in the guy. Uh, you are in New Jersey, but you're in northern Jersey. And as we talk about on tomorrow's episode, or maybe not, I think it was actually off Mike. Uh, it's it's a South Jersey phenomenon most I think the drones are really going going wild over the Jersey Shore, the Philly Jersey area.
Speaker 2: So it's it's a new ride I think on the Atlantic City Boardwalk where it's just an just an unmanned drone. You just hop in it and you'd probably be better off on that than in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Man, the Boardwalk T shirts are going to be having a fucking blast with the drone stuff next year.
Speaker 2: They've really gotten with the times. Those T shirts have really stopped using words that society stopped using fifty years ago. No, they still do. They still do.
Speaker 1: Don't blame me. I voted for the drones. Huh is that even mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean I do feel like the drones have kind of left the very peak like headline headline news Drudge is no longer headlined by the drug or by drones. The drone report down that they're looking for something, government urges state to calm down fed Many reported objects include aircraft and stars. So it does feel like some of the myth debunking is kind of rising up percolating up to the headlines when it comes to the drones. Although another headline New Jersey residents suffering alarming symptoms after encounters with drones, So uh, yeah.
Speaker 2: They were hit they were hit by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is going to be the new like fentanyl poisoning, where like somebody walks by, uh, you know, a homeless encampment and then is uh suddenly taken down by ventanyl fumes. Now it's going to be just like near body contact with a drone. A drone flew over my house and now I can no longer smell out of my left nostril.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't go to work a Sinn drone, thank you. And that is why it he still got it. That's why I still got it. I was that why. Yeah, people ask why does Blake still got it? And that's why it's primarily that and exclusively that and that. But I was in an exclusive exclusive. I was in find those exclusive sorry, f I was in Liberty State Park, which is in North Jersey across from Lower Manhattan where you look at the Statue of Liberty Ellis Islands there, and there was a sign and it said no campfires, no tents, no drones. And I'm like, did they put up a no drone sign? And I just realized it's always no drones. So no drones there ever, Yeah, you just can't be flying them around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drones are. They have existed and they've been annoying as fuck to if you say so for a long time. If you say so, yeah, you don't believe it, Blake. Let's get into some non drone stories up first. Drone. No Up. First, we have a Subway come in for taco bell with a new menu item that I'm not as mad at as I probably should be. They are foot long Dorrito's nachos. They are just you know, it's it's basically one of those paper kind of bowl tray things that you would carry a foot long hot dog in like at a baseball game. God yeah, filled with doritos with some what I'm going to assume is Subway American cheese like triangles. You know how their American cheese comes in triangles.
Speaker 2: Makes me so mad. Yeah, give me the whole damn American cheese. Leg Give me the square, you son of a bitch. That's what I say to the person working across, and I spit. You see my spit hitting the splash guard as I as I say, give me the square, you son of a bitch.
Speaker 1: I couldn't that's what any other way you talking. I couldn't picture it any other way. Then then a layer of chili, which I don't know is that a thing you can get at subway Like this feels like they are just yeah, pulling pulling a taco bell in the sense that they're just mixing and matching Italian chili that they have their Italian chili, some slices of upano, and then the only thing that I really object to here is that they appear to be doing a zig zag drizzle of Chipotle mayonnaise on top of this, which absolutely unnecessary but crazy. I don't like mayonnaise on my nachos.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do.
Speaker 1: I am personally somebody who thinks the rest is necessary. I am. I've long ridden for Doritos as uh, you know, just treating Doritos like normal tortilla chips, heatings. Also with Dorrito's eating acme only with Dorito's, they're great, you know, in combination with other things, Dorrito's nachos sounds like a great idea. And I do love the Dorito's locos tacos from Taco Bell, So maybe it's coasting a bit off of that reputation, but I'm kind of on board for.
Speaker 2: This as a friend as your As your friend, Blake, I do want to give you a cautionary piece of advice and with your using Dorrito's, because you're leveling up a chip obviously, it's like why deny yourself something already with deliciousness on it? And then adding more deliciousness. I understand that. Sure. When I was at a senior a senior in college, I weighed thirty pounds heavier than I am now. And here's why, Okay, because I would I tried to revamp the whole nacho thing myself and instead of using tortilla chips, I used kettle chips, and instead of nacho stuff, I would make pizza nachos on kettle chips, and I would put pizza sauce on it, a five blend cheese from Trader Giotto's, and then I would put chicken nuggets that I would cut up frozen chicken nuggets on there. And believe it or I from that. Yeah, So yeah, I think I think is well taken that the reason that people don't use doritos as a base in anything is is.
Speaker 1: Not because they don't think it will taste good. It's because it's a ridiculous health risk, and it will taste good. That's the problem. It'll taste great. So I figured out I figured this thing out, guys, where you can like have nachos and then like four or five cigarettes and it's really satisfying, satisfying way to just like, uh, you know, punch up your bell nacho experience and handle a gin, drink a whole handle a gin too. The cigarettes taste, take the bite out of the gin, and they do, you know, all right, point taking lake once again once again, I do. I do run all of.
Speaker 2: My health ideas through Blake, so which is a great idea. And that's and that's how we got to the perch we're on today looking down the rest of this country.
Speaker 1: All right, young voters are saying that they believe the United Healthcare CEO killing is acceptable, which based on the Internet, I would have said, seems low because it seems that shit seemed the popular.
Speaker 2: At the lowest.
Speaker 1: So I have people are reporting this like wow, the young people have lost their mind. But this seemed very low to me. This is actually kind of moment for me that the internet. And I say this all the time, Blake, I say, go out and touch grass because the Internet is not real life. Okay, the Internet is not real life.
Speaker 2: And that's my ring tone. You saying that on my phone, and people think you're in the room. Actually, my grandmother, who's also a listener of the podcast, thinks you're in the room, and then she rings her Bell. But no, I you you did say something apparently you've said it before. No bit that I've been laughing about all day. Where with the Luigi Mangioni thing where you were like, all right, listen, I know everybody's psyched about this guy right now, but we're gonna learn more about him, and he's They're never perfect, you know, like these guys you here. Yeah, these assassins that we lie inize, these hot smoke and assassins, there's always something a little bit off about them. And no, I've been laughing all day about it. But yeah, forty one percent. But what's acceptable mean? I think that's a tricky term. It is both lower than.
Speaker 1: I would have expected based on what we've seen on the internet, and probably the highest approval rating that any assassin has ever had with any group of people. Yeah, that is true, with the possible exception of the bin laden guy who turned out to you know, not be that cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, the seal who attacked, the seal who attacked, who broke over that man's home, who broke and entered into mister Lyons home.
Speaker 1: We're just telling We're just saying facts here, folks. By the way, speaking of the Mangione, uh the within hours of his arrest. You know, the internet was already fan casting Dave Franco in the lead role of the Inevitable Ryan Murphy Netflix series, but that that has yet to come to fruition. Ryan Murphy's dragging his feet on this one. We are getting a documentary or three about the case Alec Gibney, who made Taxi the Dark Side as well as which I don't I don't know Taxi the Dark Side. I do know Scientology. The Scientology documentary Going Clear, which was pretty solid. Although did you read the book Going Clear? This is just my way of a right people tell me the book than that it was better than the documentary. I will say the documentary like documentary like left out the whole Shelley Misscavige thing, or like it didn't really run with that one as much, which is like one of the wildest aspects of the book, which is that the head of Scientology's wife has been had been like missing for years at that point. God. But anyways, his documentary is being described as an investigative deep dive that will ask how killers are created, what this killing said about our society and the values we place on who lives and who dies, which is what I would exactly what I would expect it to be. I don't know did they write that blurb with chat GPT, no way to know.
Speaker 2: No way to know? That's going clear to me? It seems like they're going clear into this this murder. Yeah, clear eye, that's right, full hearts. There's also clear.
Speaker 1: The person who made the Amanda Knox Netflix series is making a documentary which raises important questions about vigilantism, the devastating cost of a privatized healthcare system, and the inevitability of violence when peaceful change is seen as impossible, so that one feels a little bit more on the side of the people of Luigi Mangioni. And then there's also one that they're rushing out for February this coming February, produced by the Quiet on the Set people, the people who made that Quiet on the Set series about abuses behind the scenes of like nicol and other children's programming.
Speaker 2: So my least favorite thing in a documentary is having any clarity whatsoever. So as if we can get this out tonight, if we can get any right, any of this out, please buy like.
Speaker 1: A documentary that just summarizes the things that we all know. Like it's like just it's like an extended nightly news teaser where they're like not saying anything anyone doesn't already know, but it's like built in the world of like, but people need their nightly news. I was like, no, it turns out they get information. It's the only way. All right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back. We'll talk about some movies, and we're back. And a couple of the critics have come out with their list of the worst films of twenty twenty four and guys, Easier said than done to make a movie, so, like, everybody.
Speaker 2: May make your own movie. How many movies have these critiques these critics made?
Speaker 1: Yeah, critiques.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to fucking say it.
Speaker 1: If you hate Chris Pine's directorial co writer debut star in Vehicle Pullman so much, maybe make a movie about how much you hate Poolman. Just writing a list Owen glebmen of Variety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a menory about that. Yeah, do not say his name.
Speaker 1: It is interesting because these are all movies that I was just like I had like clocked on you know, Netflix or Amazon, Primer. You know, like something going by and being like, oh, pool Man with Crisp Pine. I wonder why I haven't heard about that. This one's called Rumors, and it was like this art house film where like the you know leader that the G seven summit get lost in the woods and like there's all sorts of like trippy things happening, and I was like, that looks like an interesting thing, and then I never heard about it. And it's because they are apparently not good accord.
Speaker 2: Why are they in the woods they could just meet. Why are the G seven? Why aren't they meeting one of our wonderful cities? Is it drones? I think be drones? All right?
Speaker 1: I think it might be like there's there's more going on here than you might meet.
Speaker 2: The I Thank You, Thank You.
Speaker 1: Reagan is in the top three because of the woke mind virus. Uh Gleaman also has a movie called The End I didn't know existed, or at Leasta Frankenstein didn't know existed. The movie The Mouse Trap. So this was a film that we had highlighted because it's the one.
Speaker 2: Where they are cool to the parent Trap where they're trying to get too mice to fall in.
Speaker 1: Love they're trying to get too mice to fuck each other, to fucking mice. Yeah, in the mouse Trap is a movie. It's not a matel movie. Brian the Editor asked a great question, that is, I believe there is a Mousetrap the game movie that has been in development for many years. This is a follow up to the public domaining of Steamboat Willie.
Speaker 2: Is that the name of that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the original the character that Mickey Mouse is based on, Steamboat Willie, just went public domain and people were like, oh, now watch what happens. Now watch the stuff that people are able to do now that you can put a Mickey Mouse mask in a movie. And the first thing that they did was make a horror movie on a boat in which a guy in a Mickey Mouse mask just like goes around killing people. And it is number two on own Cleeveman or No Another Variety Director's Worst Movie of the Year list.
Speaker 2: It's a tugboat. By the way, the movie is three and a half minutes because everybody gets killed pretty quickly. There's no separate rooms, one open plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, oh, he's definitely coming this way. We're Harold of the Purple Crown. Our boy what's that guy's name, Zach Zachary Levi who was going through some stuff this year. He seemed like he was having I think he was openly like kind of a mega guy, a very interesting seems like kind of a nurse Purple Crown.
Speaker 2: That book, by the way, much better.
Speaker 1: Oh, Anti actor is the one, yeah, Victor.
Speaker 2: So none of the other things that you said, not Maga, not any of the other things.
Speaker 1: Just's just a regular ordinary run of the redmill blooded, red blooded American and Taie actor. And the reason his blood is still red is because he didn't get the vaccine. He didn't let Fauci turn his blood fucking pink. Okay, I don't know what they what they believe. There's also this movie Rebel Moon, which is like I remember hearing the pitch. People were like, this is a Star Wars movie. It was a Star Wars script and the last second they were like, you can't make this Star Wars. This too fucked up, dude, it's too violent, too bloody, And so Zack Snyder took it over and he was like, I'm gonna make this a two part series, six hours long, and it's gonna be the most violent shit you've ever seen in a Star Wars universe, and then you never heard about it again once it came out, because it is apparently a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Have you seen any of these?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Now me neither.
Speaker 1: I just saw that they were coming out at the time that they were coming out, and then they just disappear. Everyone's like, oh, oh, they just don't don't exist, you know.
Speaker 2: The Chris Pine one is I've been looking these up as you've been speaking, and the Crispine one does have a cool movie poster. Yeah, but I can see if I was like there just thinking about my parents, or someone who just goes on Amazon Prime and searches movie, you know what I mean, like not a genre, not anything. It's like, oh this is this. It does masquerade quite well as a movie. Like it doesn't look like he's a noticeable guy. It would be funny if he just wasn't in the movie that he directed, pool Man, pool Man. No, I just want to be behind the camera. I'm Chris Pine. People don't need to see my perfect face on camera now.
Speaker 1: And for anybody who has cris blindness where they can't tell the difference between of course, which Chris we're talking about Chris Pine is the one with blue eyes and blonde hair, who was is Captain Kirk and the jj Abrams, Star Treks, Stars Trek if you must know. Yeah, all right, those are some of the things that are trending right now on this Tuesday afternoon. Blake, thank you so much for joining. Where can people find you and follow you and do all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Well, Jack, I was told this was going to be an hour, so I don't think. I think we've been only going for twenty minutes. People can find me at Blake Wexler on all social media. I'm on Blue Sky and it's now my favorite app to use. So I don't know why that would ever be considered interesting what I just said. But I am on Blue Sky and also you could come see me live January fourth. I'm in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania at Steel Stacks, which have you ever been there? Jack? I never talked to you about that. Where it's where Bethlehem Steel was located, which was like the number, which was I believe the biggest steel company in the country for a while, and they shut it down obviously because of everything going expert ordered over book it seats. No, they shut it. It was shut down for whatever reason and they turned it into like an arts entertainment venue. So like you perform and then like in the back use they like there's like now cool like purple and like blue lights on the old stacks and the factor. It's a really cool spot.
Speaker 1: So I have to assume that there's a big pool of malten hot melted metal. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: There is? And you one? Yeah, yeah, you have to. You have to wear a hard hat. It's hard one hard hat minimum for the show. So and I do sell them after I'll sign them whatever you need, sign your hard hat. So anyway, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, January fourth, March fifteenth, I'm headlining the Ice House in Los Angeles and that was March fifteenth, and April fourth through fifth, I will be in Minneapolis, so that's where that's where you can find me. You'll send the same question your way in person, live and in person.
Speaker 1: I'm at Jack Underscore Brian on Twitter, Jack ob One on Blue Sky, thank you so much for asking Blake by the way anytime, and that's gonna do it for us on this Tuesday afternoon back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow by