Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: It is the Draft Show here at the Star in Frisco. Brian brought us manning the mic one more time? How about that? Can't get rid of me. I'm like, gum on your shoe.
Speaker 3: It brought you back, It brought me back.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like the the movie The Godfather.
Speaker 3: Right, I haven't seen him, seen The Godfather, The Godfather.
Speaker 4: It's Godfather three everything.
Speaker 2: Every time I'm trying and get out, they pull me back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly. That's the that's the nineteen nine and one. That's the one that's not very good.
Speaker 2: You need to see the guys.
Speaker 6: I've been on like a big mob movie kick recently. Yeah, and I've had like three conversations about The Godfather in the last week.
Speaker 3: So I do need to watch.
Speaker 2: I need to watch.
Speaker 3: So the Three's not worth it, though, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, it's just it's stupid. It came around like sixteen years later. Yeah, I don't know, Like Mario Puzzo needed a buck or something, and so they made a third movie and it was a waste of time and it had Sophia Copela in it and she couldn't act.
Speaker 2: No, here's here's here's not a waste of time for you. We're going to talk some draft today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Talk some draft. We're inside a week well it's actually draft week, So I'll introduce my scouts here. Nick Harris, Bobby belt, i Issham Morrison, Chris Biemer in the back. I want to go around the room, and here we are really days away. We're starting to count down the hours. I want to go around the room and just give me one thought about It didn't have to be about a player, doesn't have to Maybe it's something you're hearing, Maybe it's something that you know you're feeling about this draft. Give me one thought, Nick Harris, that you're kind of right now feeling about as we get this started this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm wondering when the trades will start firing off.
Speaker 6: You know, away from the Cowboys pick, there's a certain level of expectation that I think we could all have for the Cowboys trading back in the first round. I think if a certain crop of guys are not on the board at twenty four, then they start getting on the phones. But aside from that, when do the trades start firing off for whoever's going to hop into the top five to get J. J.
Speaker 3: McCarthy, Who's going to be that.
Speaker 6: Team that kind of slides back to be able to get a better position with a defensive player, but also pick up draft capital in that top ten. So it's Monday, you would have to think those those things start firing off here in the next forty eight hours, but it also could be on draft nights. That's kind of the thought that I have coming into today. But as far as the Cowboys pick goes specific offensive line, obviously, I think for me, this is kind of where I'm leaning right now. If there are three guys that are not available at twenty four, then I think they paarachute back. And I think those three guys are Troy Faltanu, J. C. Latham and Graham Barton. I think if those three guys are not on the board, then they push back. That's kind of my thought right now.
Speaker 2: Aisha got a thought for me? Your second draft. You've been a part of, done a hell of a job to get it to this point right now. Probably a little tired, We're all a little tired, probably a little irritable. You get a thought for son, where you feel like where you are right now.
Speaker 7: I think we talked about it on the draft one on one thing.
Speaker 2: I think everyone, by the way, hell of a job by all you guys too, And yeah, thanks to Brian, thanks to the fans out there.
Speaker 7: Cam Lord.
Speaker 2: I just I just think I've learned to deal with that boy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Bobby, Bobby's Bobby's good.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 9: So I think that I they feel like a lot of us are kind of dead set on it being offensive line this first round.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't know if it's just me because I like chaos, but I just feel like maybe they might surprise us in how they handle that first round.
Speaker 7: Like you know, we.
Speaker 9: Talked about obviously offensive line is in need. They've had success in getting offensive line in the first round and all those things. But I just I'm looking forward to seeing if they surprise us and maybe do some things that we don't expect.
Speaker 7: This is this is important, man.
Speaker 9: Like they haven't touched free agency, really, they haven't done really anything in the off season too, in my opinion, get better this draft. They have to have some urgency that maybe we haven't seen from them in a while. And so I'm wondering if Nick brings up trade backs and things like that. I'm wondering if they do have a little show, a little bit more urgency and do some things that we don't expect on day one.
Speaker 5: Robert Belt, Yeah, I'm gonna be sweating all the way up to twenty four trying to see if Graham Barton's gonna come down or not.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's like I honestly, that's all I consider it because I've just I know there's a good possibility he's not there, and yet I'm sitting here just trying to conceptualize reality where he's not there, and it's really tough to then figure out where they go from there at Center.
Speaker 4: And so for me, it's even.
Speaker 5: Though I know there are other guys there that that makes some sense, like you just mentioned Troy Fatano, Jac Latham if he gets down there. You know, we've talked about Kingsley, Sua manta Ea, Like like you got these different guys here that you can talk about. To me, it's like, yeah, and even if you like those guys and those are good players and you haven't good to wear, it's still just as when that pick happens, if it's somebody having the Barton, I'm gonna be sitting there on like in my head, I'm thinking, what the hell are they doing at Center next year? Like that's kind of gonna be where my head's at. So I think that, you know, it can even make sense that a guy like Patanuo, I'd probably take him over Graham Barton sitting there, But even taking him, I'd be sitting there thinking, I don't know what's gonna happen at Center next year. I don't know how that's gonna look. And that that, to me is just the biggest question heading into this draft is what's going to happen at Center? And so for me, I think it's going to be just watching the board fall and see if he's even there.
Speaker 2: For you at twenty four, if you guys were sitting in that war room and all of your thoughts are percolating, do you feel like that they have a handle on your issues right now? The things that you guys are thinking about, do you think they have a handle on how the board's gonna fall, or are we or is this for the first time in a long time, there's that chaos that we don't know is there? Do you feel like that they? I mean, I feel like they're going of course they're going to get a handle, but right now, I wonder if they do have that.
Speaker 4: Outlet light, Like how predictable they think the first twenty three shars go.
Speaker 2: Sure, I think I think.
Speaker 5: Teams usually have a better beat on how things are going to fall ahead of them than than we realize. But I mean it certainly happened for the Cowboys openly acknowledged when they picked Seed Lamb, Like we had every mock Drafs scenario we ran.
Speaker 4: He didn't get down there and so and so.
Speaker 5: Like I mean, thinks things can happen in front of them and can be unpredictable, But I think they probably know where their land mines are, where where they know, like, Hey, if we like this guy, we got to watch out here here.
Speaker 4: If we like this guy, we got to watch out here.
Speaker 5: And I think they know what's probable and what they're looking at. Yeah, I think that they've got to handle on that.
Speaker 6: I agree with all those points, but with that being said, kind of hearing all the smoke from the insiders and people that know a lot more sure, like the Daniel Jeremiah's.
Speaker 2: Of the world. I don't know if they know more than us, but.
Speaker 3: I would I would.
Speaker 6: I would say that just kind of hearing from what they they have been communicating over the last week, scouts are fearing how wild.
Speaker 3: This is going to get on Thursday night.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know that there's there's an element of unknown that has been kind of more prevalent this year than in any other draft, and that the trades kind of play into that. That's that was kind of part of the my first answer as well, you know, when does that start firing off and when does the board kind of shaking up with different teams in different slots. I think, you know, you really won't know what the board will exactly look like until probably pick twelve is off the board, and then you can kind of have a level of expectation until twenty four. But up until twelve, I mean, there's a lot of things that can happen.
Speaker 2: Why do you embrace the chaos?
Speaker 9: I don't know if I embrace it, because y'all know I got anxiety, But at the same time, I just think Nick brings up a good point of just how top heavy this draft is in some positions, and then obviously a lot of the teams that need quarterback and just how that's gonna fall. I mean, I was surprised that you answered the way that you answered, though, Bobby. As far as like Brian asking is do you think that they have a good beat on things? I interpreted that as do you think that they feel the same way about center as you do? That's how I interpreted it. So you're talking about Graham Barton early. I thought that was how I thought that was where because I think I don't know all the info, but I do think that there is some.
Speaker 7: Confidence in brock Hoffman.
Speaker 9: So I wonder I don't think it's enough personally, like we don't think it's enough to be like, oh no, we can grab a center later. But what if they really do feel like that from the inside.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, I think I think that they absolutely would operate with brock Coffin at center because they need contingencies in place. I don't think that's anywhere near their their optimal plan. If you gave them a number of different options as to here's how the the off season can play out, here's how the draft can play out, Here's how your your lineup can look. I don't think their preference would be that that's your starting center next year. Again, I think they have got contingencies in place. Chumanydoga last year was a contingency. It's something in place that that can start if you need them to. But that was not what they desired necessarily, That wasn't their primary option. It was just one that like, hey, if we need to do this, we can. And so I think that the question for me is going to be if it's not Barton, if it's not Jackson powers Johnson, then do they like Hoffman as an option more than they like Fraser as an option?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Do they like Kaufman more than the like Man Pran as an option?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 5: Are they looking at it that way or do they get all the way down to like, if Hunter Norzad goes in the you know whatever it is sometimes day three or whatever else, however really goes depending on how teams like him, Like, would they be willing to have a center they take on day three that they think, No, this is still a better option to us. That's what I don't have a lot of clarity about. I think they would absolutely take Graham Barton and start him at center next year if if he was there at twenty four. It's just a matter of, you know, what are their contingencies behind it. How does brock Kauffman fit into that?
Speaker 9: And for me, it falls back into kind of the tune I've been singing since we started this is we with.
Speaker 7: How season long these seasons are getting.
Speaker 9: There is so much value in having backup offensive linemen that you really think can go get it. Aren't going to drastically change what you do offensively if you need to do it. Because we saw like it came down to the wire as far as the division goes, and one or two games that you dropped because your offensive line play wasn't great or the coach got a little because the offensive.
Speaker 7: Line wasn't in place. I think that matters.
Speaker 9: So brock Hoffman falls into that category to me, with the TJ Basses and things like that, of like, these are adequate backups that we've kind of seen be able to do some good things. I don't know if that means that they're just ready to go out there and start when you can get you know, a guy that can come in there and make a difference right away.
Speaker 5: I do think that they believe TJ. Bass could start, actually wink. I think there's a lot more confidence in Bass right now at guard than now.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Is there a lot more confidence in the idea of Bass starting at center over you know, Hoffman at center. I don't know, but in terms of just talking about Bass playing guard Hoffain playing center, I think this organization has a lot more confidence today, right now, on April twenty second, and the idea of starting at left guard than they would in Hoffman.
Speaker 7: How do you feel about that? How would you guys? Do? Do you guys think that TJ. TJ. Bass is capable of playing center?
Speaker 6: We just got to see it. We haven't really seen it. The only times we've seen it as in practice reps. We saw it a little bit in training camp reps. But you've got to see it that that's that's it.
Speaker 2: I kind of felt that way about Barton playing center right coming out of watching dude. I'm like, I've seen him play tackle, but.
Speaker 3: You know, I seen what he did freshman year though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go back and context, absolutely, But.
Speaker 3: I think with TJ. Bass, I mean, he's the guard of the future.
Speaker 2: I think he's the guard.
Speaker 6: I think he's the guard of the future, and he's probably gonna be Zach Martin's eventual replacement if he doesn't slide into left guard this next season or or if so still, but I think you just kind of need to see what he's going to do at center for me to be able to buy in completely. But I think as it sits today, there's a training camp competition lined up at center between brock Hoffman, TJ. Bass and then whatever draft pick comes in.
Speaker 7: I'm so excited for a center competition, aren't you. Guys haven't had one on this team in a minute. And that was weird too, the lack of competition there.
Speaker 9: I mean, it was just it was time to be honest, his job just because he was existing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nick, I got a question for you. Quarterback, offensive line, wide, receiver, corner back, which run is going to go first?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Are we going like outside the top five here? I would assume.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, so like outside those top three quarterbacks and a couple of those receivers going, let's see, let's just take a look at my mock.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stick to this.
Speaker 6: I would probably lean more towards I've just been feeling that these corners are going to come off.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 6: I got conon Mitchell coming off at twelve, Cherry and Arnold at thirteen, Nate Wiggins at fifteen.
Speaker 2: Did you have Mitchell above or did you just do it because of the mock?
Speaker 3: I have Mitchell above as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, as well.
Speaker 6: I have Mitchell as my number one corner. I love what he brings to the table from an aggressive, aggressive standpoint press, off the line, being able to hear routes. I love what he does and what he did at Toledo those four interceptions in a game. I'm going to bring that up a million times before the end of But uh, I think I think I'm leaning towards the corners now.
Speaker 3: Could the receivers happen? Absolutely? Could the offensive line happen? I think so absolutely as well.
Speaker 6: You got Joe Alton tell the essay, Fuaga and my mock that are going before Mitchell. But I think I think teams start looking up at pick twelve, and Denver's gonna be looking to parachute back.
Speaker 11: Probably.
Speaker 6: I think if they don't go up and get McCarthy and someone's gonna hop up to twelve, I think, and get a corner. That's that's kind of what I'm thinking, and it starts to run.
Speaker 2: Bobby listening to go ahead, I show try to ask.
Speaker 7: Why do you know your host?
Speaker 2: No go ahead?
Speaker 9: I was gonna ask, why do you think there's gonna be a run on corner with corner?
Speaker 7: Again? With how deep corner.
Speaker 9: Is, because yeah, these guys are the top guys, but when you get into the second round you find good things and a lot of even the second round guys, So why do you think that they will go get corner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you look at those names at the top and you and you see them slip into twelve, and I think that's that's probably where they go and be aggressive. This is just a guess here. Complete guests this board and fall a million different ways. But I think when they look at twelve and Quannon, Mitchell and Terry and Arnold are still on the board, people start getting on the phon because those are two good of talents to not go in the top ten.
Speaker 2: Bobby Nick thinks the draft is going to start at twelve.
Speaker 4: You there with him, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, look the way the uh right about that, Yeah, that's probably I've heard it twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard it twice.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean the the way, the way all these stories are starting to come out about Jayden Daniels is not sure of his uh wants to know what options he might have other than the Commanders at number two, Like, I mean that that could kind of throw a monkey wrench into things. Obviously, who comes up and gets either the Arizona pick or the Chargers pick, which is what we assume. It may not happen, but if you know who the Vikings are assumed to want to come up and get a quarterback or something like that. So I mean there's there's some fluidity, uh in the in the top ten, but I mean, yeah, right around eleven somewhere in there, especially since that's the Vikings pick. Like whoever trades down there, how things shift. I mean, I think you'll start seeing some wild stuff happen there. But I mean in terms of the run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna ask you where you think the using.
Speaker 5: Offensive line like to me, because it's just it's so that there's so many good offensive linemen at the top but it's just it's like once you get past like a collection of eight to ten guys, it just it drops in the.
Speaker 4: Quality pretty quickly.
Speaker 5: So I think like teams are going to just be like, got to get one of these eight to ten if we want an offensive lineman, let's do this now, like we need to get So I think alt Fashion, New Latham, Fuaga suamata Ea, MEM's got Like you start going down the list, I think that by the time we get out of the top fifty picks, most of those are going.
Speaker 4: To be gone.
Speaker 2: Aisha though offensive line run bad for cowboys.
Speaker 9: Right, I mean, yeah, But the way that we've talked about it is like even if they if there is a run, there's a possibility that you mean you mentioned, I think that there somebody's going to be there, that.
Speaker 7: They're interested, that you have some interest.
Speaker 9: In if it falls correctly, especially if it doesn't start to twelve, right, and especially if they don't start boogeing to twelve.
Speaker 7: So I mean, I think I think it could be harmful.
Speaker 9: But then also too, you brought up, and you brought up multiple times that the best player on the board might.
Speaker 7: Be a defensive play.
Speaker 9: Yeah, at that point If that happens and people just like I want all the offensive linemen.
Speaker 2: Nick, will everybody go nuts if they pick an off they pick a defensive player at twenty four.
Speaker 6: I don't think everybody would go super nuts, but there'd be some questions, especially if it's like Biron Murphy that plays at three tech, or if they parachute back to like thirty and take Edrian Cooper or Peyton Wilson. In that sense, then I think there would definitely be some questions that would have to be answered that night one press conference.
Speaker 2: If you back up to thirty, Bobby linebacker or maybe Fraser at center. I mean, that's how I would look at it. If you backed up to thirty and we went through all the and you guys did a great job the other day when we went to the trade back scenarios of kind of we've all determined that we want Kansas City to call right now is who we would like. But Bobby, if you were to trade back, is it still one of those offensive tackles. Is it the center now now? Or could the best player on the board be a defensive player? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, man, if you pick up the extra draft capital, then I don't have a problem if you go back and say we're going to take Cooper here at Texas A and M.
Speaker 4: I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 5: So you depending on how much capital you pick up, say what can I get because I mean, I think this is a relatively deep draft at other spots that they need. And so if they pick up extra capitol and say, hey, we can get you know, Cooper here, because I think that that's a bigger ask to expect that he's going to make it to you in the second round or to be there later, then some of these centers that you might like that could get to you in the second or third round. I don't know if Fraser gets there in the second round, maybe I don't know, but I mean like that you are going to have other options there, like Norzad and Van Prant and guys like that that I think with the extra pick, yeah, with the extra pick, but then like you're still addressing some of the other things that you need to do. So I don't have a problem that they if they take Cooper back there, I would I would feel like going back to thirty two making Fraser at least just for me, would be a little bit of a reach compared to where I have other centers like he would be the third one, but there's enough clustered around it, whereas with Cooper, like right behind him, you're talking about like Peyton Wilson, who's a really good player, but there's obviously a ton of questions medically, and then after that there's a significant drop. I don't love the linebacker class. So if you can get Cooper, I think you can get away with center third round something like that.
Speaker 2: I issue you want to follow up with anything on that?
Speaker 7: All right, I'm sorry, no, no, I was just listening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, one thing about my mark about going back to the runs, I just kind of counted before pick twenty four, six offensive lineman coming off the board and three corners. But I just have those three corners coming off a little bit quicker. But I still expect there to be a run on offensive lineman. I still do before twenty four. And that's man, We're gonna be sitting around pick eighteen, pick nineteen on Thursday night just praying that there's not another tackle that comes off the board or another center that comes off the board.
Speaker 2: All right, With that being said, though, on the potential run, how willing are you all before we go to break, How willing are you you guys to just sit there and let it happen and not trade up and not trade up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's where it gets interesting. Because you don't have a ton of draft capital this year. You probably don't want to sacrifice some next year, even though you are expecting comp picks next year. It just depends what kind of assets you're willing to give up.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can do it.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, they're just there.
Speaker 5: They've made a conscious decision to Barton address the depth through the even Barton at nineteen. It sucks. It's a reality of the draft that sucks. But I mean to me, it's like you, you've made a conscious decision to replence your depth through this draft, and that's the how to fourth round pick.
Speaker 4: You can't give up anymore.
Speaker 7: H Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 9: I mean, I just think they don't have Like I said before, they haven't done anything. This is their money maker right now, so they need to go in and go in there with the mindset that they have to get better. So however they decide to do that, you're saying you don't think that they should ransom ani picks for next year or anything like that.
Speaker 5: No, Like I mean, I think like the the the extra capital that they have being in the like fifth round, I don't think that that's gonna be enough that somebody will be like, yeah, I'll take a fifth round or next year, I'll let you move up five spots in the first round. So you don't have the cap and the capitol it would take to move up using next to your stuff, like you you're gonna start depleting again the top. It's a little bit of your chasing your tail after that. To me, it's I'd much rather either stand in and pick or move back and try to pick up something else. To me, like it really doesn't matter who it is, Trading up is not something I would want to do.
Speaker 2: So we're a team now of like we're interested if we don't have our guy below the hatches and go and die for the bottom, right yep? Okay man, Yeah that's tough. Yeah, that's tough. You know, that's tough because to me, I just think there's so much I think there's a lot of unknown there, you know, and then if you're not willing, like you say, you seem like we're I don't know, kind of willing. Oh we won't take Frasier might be a reach. I don't look at it really that way myself.
Speaker 4: Oh that's just like, yeah, this is on my they may not view it that way.
Speaker 5: And if they look if they evaluated Zach Frasier's being somebody that they felt comfortable with taking at thirty, yeah, like I'm gonna assume they've got him more right than I do, because they've got a track record of having guys all right now.
Speaker 2: And you're right, No, you're right. And I just like I said, I know he doesn't get to you at fifty six. I know that for a fact. So anyway, all right, we're gonna take a first break and we come back. We're gonna get to your Twitter questions. And then after that though, I got some more questions for my scout buddies here. We'll do that all next.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the press.
Speaker 4: Guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left, he'll run for a purs down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field.
Speaker 11: As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as.
Speaker 8: Good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't funble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center.
Speaker 2: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 12: In the stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease, Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Nonilist dot Com.
Speaker 13: Hi, I'm Danny mccraie, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issai or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now only two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Come out to the Star in Frisco, for the Dallas Cowboys Draft Weekend presented by Miller Lte. The party starts on Thursday, April twenty fifth, at six thirty pm. Enjoy live draft coverage, player appearances, live performances, and more. On Friday, come back for the Draft Night out with alumni Dallas Cowboys cheuader appearances at the Miller Lighthouse. Then finished strong on Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor Scott and White Health. For more details, visit Dallascowboys dot com, slash draft and uh this the Draft Show is presented by Miller Lte. That is a taste you can depend on. And also this segment is brought to you by your Texas Ford Dealers. Ford is the best in Texas.
Speaker 3: Okay, we all running that five K on Saturday when we get done.
Speaker 2: You know what I thought about it? Yeah, for sure, I thought about it just like show up and you're like, you know, like Rich Rich Eisen does with run Rich, show up in like your Draft day shirt and all that. You know, kind of give it, you know, the Khaki's out there, give it it a go. I think I could maybe make it maybe a five.
Speaker 3: I'll make it a one K.
Speaker 2: I can make it.
Speaker 3: I think so one K Yeah, like a one K.
Speaker 2: All right, Uh, it's it's time for one of our favorite segments of Twitter were on the Twitter thanks being to appreciate that. Okay, hey guys, first question comes from on Twitter is from Let's Talk Ball. Let's Talk Ball says say, your team is definitely picking one of either Peyton Wilson or Jonathan Brooks in the second round. Which one do you want and why?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 2: I'll go to you first on that one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So on my board, I'm going to stick to it. I would take Peyton Wilson just based on what he brings to the table like this. I think he the medical concerns are there, yes, and from what we've heard, it's not you know, there's not anything that makes you feel great about where he is medically. But you can look at the past two seasons, him staying healthy these last two seasons for the wolf Pack, what he was able to do on the field, what he was able to test at the combine. You see all that athleticism, what he can do. I want him in that second level, flying around the field. I think you could still get a really good running back in the third round that you can throw in into the RB one conversation next year. Whereas if you're looking at the linebacker position after Drian Cooper, Peyton Wilson, there's a little bit of a drop off there, in my opinion, after Junior Colson as well, there's a little bit of a drop off there, and you'd have to be comfortable taking a guy there in the third round or on Day three that you feel like a compete. I feel like Peyton Wilson would be more of an immediate contributor in that sense, but I think you can get a running back there in the third round as well. It'd be tough for me to pass on Jonathan Brooks. So I love Jay Brooks.
Speaker 2: Aisha Oh, I was like, I was looking for Bobby.
Speaker 7: I want to bounce off Bobby. Bobby, what'd you got?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know it, Brooks.
Speaker 5: And it's nothing to do with Texas. It's got everything to do with it. It's no, no, no, it has nothing to it has nothing to do with the Texas stuff. It has everything to do with Uh. You know, we we have Dame Brugler on here, Dame Brugler from straight from his draft guy talking about you're talking about double digit surgery since senior year of high school. And it's not just well, it's this one knig and probably no, it's both knees, it's a shoulder, it's this, it's that, it's he's already twenty four years old.
Speaker 4: He's a really good player.
Speaker 5: To me, again, we're talking about the the margins are so thin in terms of making sure your depth is set for this next year and what you have moving forward. We saw just what an unexpected injury and to Marvin Overshown did last year at linebacker for the Cowboys, and there's a little bit.
Speaker 4: Of an expectation.
Speaker 5: I would think with Peyton Wilson, like he's going to get hurt at some point, and even if he stayed healthy for two years, something will happen at some point, and I just I don't know that they can have their depth challenged on that. With Brooks, there's nothing long term about Brooks's health. Everything you hear is that he is salt of the earth, high character, high football character kind of guy. And to me, he's the best running back in the draft. So to me, it's not very difficult because I think as you're trying to minimize risk and you know, build the best possible team. Again, to me, Brooks is higher on my stack to begin with, and then the risk is so much less with Brooks compared to Wilson.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean for me, as far as Brooks goes, Yeah, he's the safer pig. Yeah, sure, he's a safer pick as far as you know. You talk about the injury history and all that stuff.
Speaker 7: But I struggle.
Speaker 9: But I'm telling I'm I I can't wait to be able to hear some of these conversations in these war rooms after saw said and done with the conversations of Peyton Wilson. And I think for this team in particular, you need a mic like you need a mic, even if it's of the future. And this is to me the best mic in this draft, maybe one of the best mics we've seen in a minute. And how he communicates, how he processes, and I think Nick brings up a good point of what he showed at the Senior Bowl. What he's been this last couple of years, I can't imagine. I wonder has anybody asked him what he puts into his body, how much work he's put into his body to even be able to stay healthy last couple of years. I mean, yeah, Peyton Wilson is a star, I think, and so it is hard in that regard. But I think Jonathan Brooks is a safe pick as we as we sit here right now in chefty.
Speaker 7: Post that Brooks is connected to the team. You know, we know that right now.
Speaker 2: Watch the draft show, right, I'm standing at that table with those dice in my hand, Nick, I'm standing there. Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Peyton Wilson.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's a serious to me. It's hard.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm standing there and I'm looking at you guys, putting your chips where they need to be because we're about that, We're about to flip these dice.
Speaker 3: I wut a tier.
Speaker 6: I will be shutting a tier while those dice are flying because I love Jay Brooks.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 7: Who do you have ahead of fame Wilson.
Speaker 4: No, I'm said Brooks. I have Brooks as as.
Speaker 2: Great asby Bobby's betting on me, snake.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing I think, I think again, when you watch that, they've made certain Now, look, they've got a long history of taking red flag players, medically red flagged players in the second round. They've got a long history of taking medical flagged linebackers Bruce Carter, Shanlee, Jaylen Smith, DeMont Clark, most recently Layton vander sh like they've they've done it consistently, so they're not afraid to do it.
Speaker 4: But I do think that, like we got to put into the context.
Speaker 5: Here as well, that they said we need more reliability, So we are willing to walk away from Hall of Fame left tackle and put ourselves in a position to where we're kind of in need walking into the draft. So if they were that concerned about reliability on that front and affordability, I don't know why they would want to put themselves in that position at linebacker again after they've clearly made some stuff like hey, we need we need more availability. We need to know who's going to be consistently available, and that's just never been Peyton Wilson in his entire college career. But he's really good. He's a fun player. If you told me he'll be healthy for ten years, Brian, I'll sure go.
Speaker 4: Run it up there.
Speaker 2: I'm channeling my I'm channeling it. Yes, And there's some fate here with his son in the draft. There's some there's some Yeah, I'm feeling it.
Speaker 9: Do you think some of that confidence though, comes from like I wouldn't, I don't want to, I don't want to.
Speaker 7: Say the wrong thing, but to your welcome to the draft.
Speaker 9: But Bobby brings up the fact that they might be more hesitant because of the recent history. And then also too, you know, they've they've they've done, they've seen what it's like to get a second round player, have do their surgery, do all their medical and all this stuff, and then and then they're not on this team or they're injured often. So I wonder though, if there is some I mean some arrogance there about what they're capable of doing in this building from them, especially from a medical standpoint, and their team doctors being as good as they are and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's I don't think it's arrogance.
Speaker 14: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know, no, no, no, I know, I know.
Speaker 5: I think it's I think it's uh where they're comfortable taking calculated risk, and they typically have said like will bank on talent versus the risk, like if we're there in the second round. A lot of times in the first round they're banking on projections raw talent, whatever else. But I mean, there haven't been like a whole lot of you know, medical concern or you know, character flag players that they've taken in the first round. They generally are are more just making evaluation, picking the player and going with it. They're vander Esh was obviously a first round pick, and they requires there. But I think that what they've shown is they believe that the second round in is area where they're willing to roll the dice and take some risks on the opportunity to potentially have two players that they think are first round worthy, like okay, cool, we'll do that in the second round.
Speaker 4: We'll take that risk.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 5: They're less willing to make the risk when there's probably a lot of other first round players around their pick and so let's go something a little safer, Whereas in the second round it may be, well, that's the last guy who's a first round type of talent, and nobody wants touching because the medicals, we'll chance it, we're gonna roll the dice on. I don't think it's necessarily that they think they're more equipped than everybody else to handle it.
Speaker 2: Good conversations, all right, Josh Weaver wants to know, and Nick, I'll start with you on this one. It's good we're speaking of linebackers. Can you give them some Can you give them some Day three linebackers Day three Day three significant playing time this year that are drafted by the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys significant playing time.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna start with that part of the question first, just because you would have to, you would have to figure out how they get around to Marvey and over shown Damon Clark and Bark Kendricks. Yeah, but let's let's let's let's bite for a second some Day three guys that they have been interested in throughout the process. You can look at Jordan McGee out of Temple. You can look at John Trey Hunter out of Georgia State. You could look at Curtis Jacobs out of Penn State, and Nathaniel Watson out Mississippi State. I know there's are four names, really quick. Let me dive into those each individually really quick. Jordan McGee more of a narrow guy that you could you would like to see play in space. He's good in coverage, but might need to bulk up a bit. Even though he is about two twenty five to twenty seven. He could add probably ten fifteen pounds to be able to be a run stopper if he wanted to, or you could stay at that weight in kind of Roaman coverage there on on third down. John Trey Hunter actually very much of the same kind of skill set. I like McGhee a little bit better than Hunter. Nathaniel Watson. That's the guy who's gonna, you know, come downhill and then be able to make those tackles in the run game. He almost did that exclusively for the Bulldogs last year. He was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year last year.
Speaker 3: Curtis Jacobs.
Speaker 6: I think this is one of the more fun Day three backer options just because he's versatile. He can do both of these things. I think he's still got a ton of upside that you can add to his game. This is a guy that I think a couple of years from now, if you have to move on from Kendricks after this season, I think this is a guy who could be ready to step in on Day two. A couple of other names I want to throw out there, ty Reese Knight out of UTEP.
Speaker 3: I really love his athletics.
Speaker 2: That's what I was hoping you would mention.
Speaker 6: Man his athleticism is awesome and to be able to bring a minor over from lpass so that'd be super cool to have once again in the building. And then a last name, I'll throw out that he was really productive for Washington last year and was huge in their playoff run at Afuano Lafochio. I think he's he's a guy that can be more well rounded as well. Ceiling probably not as high as Curtis Jacobs is, but I still like his upside.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I wanted to comment on Curtis Jacobs. We got to we had the pleasure of meeting him at the Shrine Bowl. But I want to say, though you're talking about like he hasn't really had a lot of injury issues or whatever, but this this, this is this is old man a little bit like he's he's he's played a lot of football, which is a good thing. It's it's a good thing. But I also understand that there's tread on those tires. As far as how much he's played in his gleat career was like fifth year, six year. I think he played five six years if I'm not mistaken from what he told us. But I think I agree with Nick that I do think that he would be a cool Day one guy to be able to Day three guy to pick up and bring in here that can really develop into someone that can really be the quarterback right up there on a second level. But then also too, he does come with some experience because he's played so much football.
Speaker 3: Right right, hey, forty five games for a four year guy.
Speaker 2: Forty five games good insight right there.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean I do like the name John Trey Hunter. I think that that's a good one. I think that that's somebody who can you know, he can play inside or outside. He's more well built, I think than a lot of the linebackers that we've seen this one. He's a break I think that when you watch the tape against LSU, like you see him against big competition, you see him making a difference, and those are the kind of games that you really need to zero in on and feel like you're you're getting NFL level competition or high level competition prepared for the NFL. But the other elementared here is Steel Chambers at Ohio State, who's a converted running back, and I think he's somebody who consistently feels like we've talked about you know, with linebackers here over the last couple of years that you know, okay, what are their abilities to you know, read and react? How good are their instincts things like that. That that is the one area where he's really good. And I don't know if that comes from being a converted running back, but I mean he really does seem to see it quickly and attack it and plays discipely.
Speaker 4: The biggest problem with him is he's light. He's like two twenty five.
Speaker 2: I deal with a lot of these guys in Day three like that, aren't we. Yeah, some lighter type players.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's light. He's he's gonna and it shows up. There are times he has struggle getting off of blocks. He doesn't play with a lot of power. But I think, you know, if you get him here and you feel like, hey, we can fill out that frame a little bit, I think the instincts are fantastic. It's gonna be really hard, I think, to find anybody who can come in and start for you at linebacker this year on Day three. But I do think that Stell Chambers is somebody that interests me as a project.
Speaker 9: It's crazy that you bring him up because I've talked about him on Girls Talk, Boys Talk a couple.
Speaker 2: Times, and.
Speaker 9: I think to your point, with the instincts and being able to I if still doesn't it's still Chambers doesn't do anything. He to me, because he is a little lighter, he can be your special team's ace. I think he's a guy that can come onto your team, your special teams, and make a difference immediately as well because of the instincts, because of the way he's been able to He's able to read and react, and I do think he can develop and maybe put on a little bit more sized, a little bit more weight because he is a little lighting as sometimes. But I do think he does show some of that decisiveness that you are looking for from a linebacker.
Speaker 7: But I personally think if a team gets a hold of him, he.
Speaker 9: Can really really really make your special teams better immediately with how he plays.
Speaker 2: If I can mention, I don't know if you guys have seen this guy. I mean, there's a lot of linebackers that look at real quick and but JD. Bertrand from Notre Dame. Okay, I'm just going to say a couple of things about him. He's six tenties two thirty five. He is one of the quickest readers of scheme that I've seen. Of these linebackers, There's been some good ones, but I think this guy his ability to process information quickly and react to the play. He's got a quick trigger to way he plays. He's downhill, he's a good tackler, he can fill, he plays in space. The instincts. This might be a Day three guy that I don't know if the Cowboys particularly like him, but I know watching him play pre snap, letting his teammates know what's about to happen the fundamentals. Maybe he doesn't have the greatest athletic ability and the lack of length might hurt him some in the NFL, but man, he made it work for this Irish defense and the way he played. So keep an eye on a guy J D. Bertrand from a Notre Dame.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen him yet, but looking at his combin photo here, he's got a first round grade of jaw line.
Speaker 4: He looks like a superhero.
Speaker 2: He's a square built guy for sure. Okay, our final question for you guys on Twitter on the twenty would any of you guys be surprised if Johnny Newton, the defensive tackle from Illinois, would be the pick at twenty four that's coming from Raoul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would surprise me. It would be fun.
Speaker 6: Don't get me wrong, but yeah, it would surprise me a It's kind of the same reason we talked about why Byron Murphy would be a little bit of a surprise. I feel like Johnny Newton would be even more of a surprise, only because you know, he was a guy that they really haven't done a ton of homework on over the course of the draft process, didn't have a formal with him at the combine, didn't bring him in for a thirty. So I think to pull the trigger on him at twenty four would be would be definitely it would definitely be interesting. I kind of I think I have him going twenty seven in my mad twenty six to the Buccaneers, so he could be right in that range. But man, he is fun. He'd be violent pass rusher. He's a guy that I think he can line up inside outside. He moves like he's two, but he's not. He's He's fun.
Speaker 9: Be funny because I literally, as soon as you said the Bucks, I pictured him in a Bucks Jersey and it looks right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, him going back home to Florida, that'd be fun.
Speaker 7: No, it looks right in my mind. Uh yeah, I agree.
Speaker 9: I guess I would be surprised, But correct me if I'm wrong. Did we have him from any type of Did the Cowboys have a thirty visit with what was the offensive lineman that they were going back and forth with Mazia about run?
Speaker 7: Did they have a thirty visit with him?
Speaker 2: I'd have to look that up real quick here.
Speaker 9: I don't believe that. I don't believe if I'm remembering correctly. We didn't start. I think we didn't think about him until the week of right like we had talked about it.
Speaker 7: We had talked about him as a player, but they hadn't really.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden he's showing up.
Speaker 9: He wouldn't publicly like did he have a thirty visit?
Speaker 4: I know that I don't remember. I know they met with him at the combine and stuff, But.
Speaker 7: That's just what came to my mind.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The bigger thing with that is just.
Speaker 5: The on bergeron like that that filled something that they needed. And this year it feels like you've got even more challenging depth issues, and that's one area where it's like, well, your starter's in place, like you've got a three technique. So I would be surprised if it was any three technique with that first. But if it was Byron Murphy, if it was Johnny Newton, I would be really surprised if they picked a three technique defensive tackle in the first two days.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, appreciate all the questions there on Twitter on the twenty. Thanks to you guys out there for making the time for that. Okay, when we come back, it'll be the final segment of the day for the draft show. I've got some more questions I want to ask my scouts and we'll do that next. All right.
Speaker 14: Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer, Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw aheall Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 5: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see.
Speaker 14: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood Hoot.
Speaker 12: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator, and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 4: The press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look full a per style.
Speaker 11: Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Ruscott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 13: Hi, I'm Danny mcraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, I'm gonna try and say you on some Tacos and tunes About that? Head to the Mower Light House at AT and T Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival presented by Miller Light on Saturday May fourth, from three to seven pm. Enjoy a variety of tacos from the regions across Mexico and food Truck's Fair Food Truck Fair while you sip on cold drinks and listen to live music at Michigan Parking Our free visit at t Stadium dot com. Slash Tacos and tunes for more info. See you there. Hey, we still selling our draft guide. Were still putting that out. We are still putting out Okay, make sure that we're doing part of that. How do we do this? Nick, do you have a plan for this? Do we go on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 6: There on the front page, you should be able to scroll through that little centerpiece and you'll be able to find a place where you can buy it. It says big and big letters buy now, So go buy it now ten bucks. You'll have it on your doorstep by draft day and you'll be the smartest guy in the room.
Speaker 2: There you go. All right, thank you very much for all that. All right, as we finish off this final segment of the day, Bobby, I want to ask you this question. Your second round graded player who you wouldn't be surprised ends up getting taken in the first or maybe higher. If you look at your board, who's the one second round player?
Speaker 4: I just know somebody I have great in the third round will go second overall. So there's that. So I'm gonna adjust a little bit.
Speaker 2: Do you hate does is it there? Does he hate the LSU quarterback that much?
Speaker 3: Shrike May?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, Daniels, Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, poor Man's Lamar Jackson. I'll pass.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: I think that.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know the guy that you know studied, We talked, we talked about it.
Speaker 4: Calm down, l s U.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brooks over the really good linebacker.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, well look I look at it.
Speaker 2: Second round guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Eddrian Cooper. I think Edrin Cooper is a guy who very easily could end up back into the first round. And obviously I mean like we've.
Speaker 2: Maybe even higher than the back of the second round or.
Speaker 4: Or sorry, back into the first round.
Speaker 5: Like he's he's the guy that I have in the second that I think could because I think there's teams that probably have him as the top linebacker and are willing to say, hey, if we have a need here, we're need to say if you look at like the when we get to the conference championship games. One of the things that's funny because we're sitting here talking about potentially these could be the Cowboys first two picks. If you look at the center position and you look at the linebackers on the four teams that finished in the conference finals this year, it's they they all were really, really good.
Speaker 4: And they've all invested there.
Speaker 5: San Francisco, Kansas City, Baltimore, Detroit, they've all invested in those positions. They've all had quality players there. And I think that Cooper is a guy who it became a little bit like linebacker was it felt like was the running back of defense for a little bit in terms of how people were valuing it. It feels like people are kind of coming back around and saying, no, there's some value here. You can't just throw anybody out there. And so I think Cooper because of need, you know, lack of talent at the position at the top end, I think Cooper could get you know, somebody could grab him back into the first.
Speaker 9: For me, you know, Nick talks about the run on cornerback happening. I look at all these cornerbacks out side of outside of Keon Mitchell, and I look at Terry and Arnold and I like the player, but there are some things I didn't like Wiggins. You talk about the side, I think that Cooper Degene from Iowa could.
Speaker 7: Definitely be someone that someone takes in the first round.
Speaker 9: This guy, when I watched him, and again I think key On Mitchell was fantastic. I really don't think he's that far away from being that complete corner that can do it all.
Speaker 7: He can play in zone, he can play in man.
Speaker 9: He's disciplined, he has good size, he's a strong tackler, multi sport athlete. The guy's done it all, very productive in his time in Iowa. We know how the rest of the league view some of these Iowa players, but this guy is just a dog and he's he's just he's consistent, and we talk about we talk about Jackson, Parish Bowers, Johnson and just the consistency. I feel like Cooper Degene has kind of suffered a little bit from that is that he's so consistent that you almost forget about him. And I'm not gonna let people forget about him. I think the rest of the I think there are people that might be okay with taking him in the first round even over like a Wiggins, just because of the size and some of those things. So that's just me, that's how I feel. Because if there's a run, it's gonna have to be more than two guys. You can't have like three guys. It can't just be two guys in that first round.
Speaker 6: So I'm very interested to see if whoever takes Cooper Degini throws him in special team situations because he was so.
Speaker 7: Funny and then sprinkling that too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean this is this is an exciting, multifaceted player, and I think teams value that. But you also get a corner that you know is gonna come in right away, and you talk about the confidence, you talk about how intelligent he is. I think he could come in and hold it down.
Speaker 3: So that's my guy, Yeah, my safety one.
Speaker 9: That's that's my safety you So, Patty, I think I think, I think I think people might look at Tirian Arnold as a safety.
Speaker 2: I want to get into that.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not gonna get into it like that because we've talked about it before. I just think the length and some of the stuff he does, I think that some people might look at him as a safety guy.
Speaker 2: Detroit went from being what a kind of a corner or some branch branch boy. He played well for them, played in the slot too, and stuff like that. Who do you got, man?
Speaker 5: What you got?
Speaker 6: You got the second So I only have nineteen first round grades. So there's a lot, honestly that I that will be picked in the second round obviously. So I'm gonna kind of the outside of the box here a little bit, and not even too far outside the box. Ladd McConkey out of Georgia, Yeah, I know, that's it's a it's a name that's been very hot.
Speaker 2: I guess I'll get to my next question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for late in the first round.
Speaker 6: Teams like him. Teams really like when he shuts to the table. As far as lining up inside, lining up outside. You see his athleticism. All of the concerns that I think he had coming into the draft process from an athletic perspective, he has answered so for teams at least, and I think he's a guy that'll probably end up late first round potentially. And then Darius Robinson out of Missouri Edge, he's just picking up so much steam to be a late first round pick. And I had heard that in Mobile. That was the first time I had heard that. Hey, Derys Trump is it's going to be a first round pick. And I'm still standing on that. I think I'm going to stick to who told me that, So give me those two guys.
Speaker 7: I believe that.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: What about the test? What happened with him?
Speaker 8: Was it?
Speaker 3: Was it the Darius Robinson?
Speaker 9: But yeah, I felt like I felt like people stopped talking up the media folks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, us folks. I think we stopped talking.
Speaker 9: About him after the combine because it wasn't super special, you know what I'm saying, Like he didn't stand out like that, But when you watch the tape, he's just this freaking book.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you're a two hundred and eighty pound edge, I don't think a combine is necessarily your your your best friend necessarily from like a testing perspective. But as far as him being able to line up anywhere from three tech outside to seven, I think I think there's a lot of things he can bring to a defensive line.
Speaker 3: He's versatile.
Speaker 6: That's that's where that's where you get the value in Darius Robinson's versatility.
Speaker 2: Bobby is Hicks got a shot from Washington state.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't think so, but I mean it's definitely possible, I guess. I mean, Hicks I think is going to be the first safety for a lot of teams. So I mean, if somebody wants to, you know, address that position back into the first I don't don't think it's like a terrible reach either. Like I really like Jadan Hicks. I just I don't know that the demand is going to be there. I don't know how many people are going to have Nuban over him. And I actually think the trendy thing that's that's one of the areas where I think we, you know, in the media talking about it, we've been behind the NFL.
Speaker 4: I think most of the NFL has Hicks above Nuban.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so that's one where, like I think the draft, Twitter social media sphere has not been in lockstep with them on that. So I think there's a good chance Hicks goes before Nuban. I just don't know if it's back into the first Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean I think a lot of that has to do with affected and I think Nuben's fantastic and he can play some free safety, some strong safety, but it's also too with Jayden Hicks, And again it's not that Nuban doesn't do it.
Speaker 7: But it's just how he feels in the run game too, and.
Speaker 9: With just how many how many teams are doing things trying to get guys out in space and stuff, having a safety that can.
Speaker 7: Cover ground like that. But I also like how you operated in dime.
Speaker 9: I was surprised by just how comfortable he is, uh covering all that ground and and and in carrying defenders.
Speaker 7: So yeah, with Jayden Hicks's I agree with you.
Speaker 9: It's it's kind of like how we look at Adrian Cooper and Peyton Wilson is like one A, one B in that situation.
Speaker 2: To me as well, any chance that Coraley gets picked in the first round, I.
Speaker 3: Don't I don't think so. I would love that, but I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I just thought a fire.
Speaker 6: I haven't heard a lot of smoke around around that. I think when you're talking about those receivers who could go first round, it's kind of limited to Xavier Worthy, Lad McConkey out of Night Mitchell. Yeah, probably those three guys, And I think if you go beyond that, then you're still talking Keyon Coleman and then maybe you start talking about Coraley and Legett, But I think those are comfortably second round guys.
Speaker 9: I don't think nobody's gonna get googly at and take Exavier Worthy just because he's super Definitely.
Speaker 6: Could oh yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like they would be jumping on a guy before a guy.
Speaker 2: Like me all right in the h in the last five minutes we have here. This is kind of been a touchy subject for a lot of folks, But I'll ask this question.
Speaker 3: Let's put some people off.
Speaker 8: Brian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where do you guys stand on all these potential medicals that we're dealing with. We got all these medical things that have come up about these players since the combine. We've you know, whether it's the center, the linebacker, the running back. Where where are you guys? Are you numb by it? Are you do?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 2: Are you saying? Listen? I trust my team is going to do the right thing, you know if they take my guy obviously cleared. I mean, I just feel like there's a lot of good players. I think there's probably more. There's players on our board that we haven't even talked about that have medical things that that probably that all of a sudden, we're gonna be like, Okay, Nick, who's your who's your best player? And then all of sid it's three guys that you're like, I don't understand why they're falling. Yeah, how how are you guys taking all this medical information in now? And how is it affecting how you think about your board in your players.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to keep it very circumstantial and put each guy in kind of a vacuum of what they're dealing with, But you do have to kind of factor in a guy like Graham Barton, who's deal. He's been dealing with the torn laborum throughout the draft process, and that's something you just we just haven't talked about because we've been talking about Jackson powers, Johnson and his medicals. We've been talking about Peyton Wilson or Jonathan Brooks, et cetera, et cetera exactly. So there's a lot of guys I think, is is there a little bit of numbness? I think there is maybe four for media scouts, But you can you can best believe that if there's a pick made by any of these thirty two teams, they're doing a lot of research as to what they are getting medically from the from that player, I think, uh, I think there definitely will be two or three guys we look at around like pick thirty, We're like, why are these guys falling? So yeah, which could help the Cowboys very well.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: So well, sure, Bobby, how do you feeling about all the medical information you're starting to get?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the stuff that I can that that's just out there publicly on display for everybody to see. You know, a lot too was medically retired for his neck. You know, Peyton Wilson has had a bunch of surgeries since high school. Like those sorts of things there that I can see and I can discern, It's like that's right there on the table for me. I don't know how comfortable I feel going after that. So so those are those ones. The other ones that are murkier, you know, Jackson Powers Johnson, where you hear rumblings of stuff and hear things like that. I don't know how to feel about it. If the team says we're willing to take them, I'm gonna trust that it is because I have no clue. But like, there's nothing that I can know about those medicals and know if they're okay or not. I didn't know, Like you hear rumblings about, oh, there may be something Layton vander Ash's neck when he's coming out of school, but like you didn't know how it was going to play out because there wasn't anything really on the record about it or anything that was out in public about it. And ultimately that one didn't go the way they wanted. You talked about the Jeremiah Trotter one where he ended up playing ten years, and so to me, I'm I'm kind of neutral when I hear something about Jackson Powers Johnson or Jonathan Brooks or one of these guys where Okay, I can't know specifics about it. If the team says they're comfortable that, I'm going to be comfortable with it. But the ones where it's like it's publicly out there, I already know a medical staff, retired law too. I already know there's been a million surgeris to Wilson all over his body, not in just one particular part. Those are the ones where I go, I don't think I'm very comfortable taking those guys.
Speaker 14: Wow.
Speaker 9: I mean, and when you talk about Center, I know how Center crazy you are. Yeah, Brian, your top three centers all have all dealt with injuries at this point, because Fraser dealt with the knee as well, right, So.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's I think it also it.
Speaker 9: Depends, Like like Nick said, he doesn't he tries to put them in a vacuum and kind of sort out, Okay, what is their position, what do they do, how much depth do you need there, whatever the case may be. I think that for me is what plays into it. Because even when we were talking about Brooks earlier, I mean, yeah, like I don't like the fact that he's had an ACL but he can recover from that.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 9: If this was like five six years ago, maybe I would be more concerned because the committee aspect was not what people were doing. Like that you had like a guy that ran the ball a whole bunch and couple maybe a couple of gentlemen just fill in here and there with short yardst situations.
Speaker 7: That's not what football is right now.
Speaker 9: These running backs are being asked to do more wide receiver things as well, and they're lining up outside and stuff. It's not This game isn't as punishing to me from the running back position.
Speaker 7: So I might be a little bit more open.
Speaker 9: So I think it also just depends on the position what you and also to the specific depth on this team and what you need from that player right away. But these are the top three centers are all coming off injuries or they have issues.
Speaker 2: That's all the time we have today. Thanks my scout buddies, Thanks Nick Harris, Bobby Belt, Aisha Morrison, Thank you guys out there for taking us in today. Another We got draft shows all week, yes, sir, so we got Yeah, we got a draft show tomorrow, same time, eleven am Central. We will chop this up a little bit more as we get closer to the draft on Thursday night, which we will have coverage on not only Dallas Cowboys dot Com, but also the on one, O, five three of the fan as well. So we're working together as a team here. So we've got you completely covered until tomorrow. Keep scouting, keep evalue, waiting, and we'll take we'll check you guys tomorrow. Take care.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.