Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: I am here in Washington Square Park. Want maybe my favorite park on the planet Earth. I've done a bunch of episodes here. I love this place. It's awesome. There's so many different people, the sunlight is out. I feel awesome. I've been talking on the podcast so much about existential dread and crazy depressing shit, but I swear my life in this moment. I'm basking in the sun. I'm surrounded by life, surrounded by people. I love it here and without further ado, let's let's start talking to the people around this park.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: What is your name, man, Russell white House? We're getting the first and last name. Yeah, yeah, right, nice to meet you, Russell white House. Oh, Russell, give me a favorite. Just hold the mic up, like all right, yeah, there we go. How's life, Russell?
Speaker 3: It's just been chilling up. I've kind of been like floating around. I was just in Else Salvador for two weeks. I was just doing photography, videography, hanging.
Speaker 4: Out with people. Now I'm back here.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of waiting for my next job to pick up next month. Somebody just like floating around basically.
Speaker 1: What why specifically El Salvador.
Speaker 4: Well, it was in the news.
Speaker 3: It's in the news for lots of things, some good things, some controversial things, right, and it's very slept on as a country. They get very few tourists, like especially non Latinos. So I just thought it would be interesting as well, and it was.
Speaker 1: Do you know anyone there? Do you just go alone with your camera?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I just went cold.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hit up a few people on Reddit though.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hung.
Speaker 3: Out with this guy on Reddit in his hometown, Santa Tecla.
Speaker 2: Wait that's so cool man, So wait, so you just all right, so you were just like, fuck it, I want to go to El Salvador. I don't know anyone there, but there's this guy on Reddit who seems like he could be cool. You just hit him up. Yeah, you guys met for the first time in El Salvador. Yeah what subreddit? Did you meet this guy on El Salvador? What was So? Did you make a post? Like how did you were you? Like hey, I'm yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, hey I'm looking to meet people. Well I had somewat have been posts. One I was looking for a motorcyclist, one I was looking for like a fixer kind of and then I'm in another post.
Speaker 1: Oh you're good.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was just I was turning it down a little bit. You have agree, you have a nice projecting voice. Okay, okay, So did you so you found your fixer?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, yeah, he helped me out with some interviews.
Speaker 3: I was interviewing people about this political situation there.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you do so you do a lot of interviews, like around you're like an investigative journalist.
Speaker 3: Not a lot because I'm a freelancer, but like I try to do what I can, like pick up stuff, photography, I write essays, movie reviews, interviews, videography, concerts.
Speaker 4: I do a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, what what did you learn when you went to El Salvador?
Speaker 4: Hmmm, Like do you have like could you be more specific?
Speaker 1: Al right? Sure, sure, sure?
Speaker 2: Did you learn anything interesting about the human condition by going to L Salvador? Did you learn anything interesting about humanity?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I feel like the Salvadorennio mindset is like I feel like it's been shaped by the trauma of the recent violence that they had. They used to have one of the highest motivates on the planet for many years now.
Speaker 4: It's one of the safest countries in the world. But I feel like.
Speaker 3: There's a little bit of trauma in terms of like I feel like the average Chavadoreno has a little bit of like shyness around strangers, just being a little cautious.
Speaker 4: A little bit. But at the same time, they're very.
Speaker 3: Friendly people and like they they mind their business, so like overall they are great people.
Speaker 2: I mean friendly enough that they would show around a stranger from Reddit, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like people just were randomly come up to me, like old people, especially when I would be hanging around like one of the boyos, they would just say they would just say hi, Like in the city center. They are more like metropolitan, like more to themselves.
Speaker 4: Like in the Boyos.
Speaker 3: I felt welcome, I felt safe, cool, I was in and some of like the most low income I would say Borrios and San Salvador, and I never felt in danger.
Speaker 4: I felt welcome. So it was a great experience.
Speaker 2: Have you is that something you've done before or just going raw to some somewhere.
Speaker 1: Tell me more where else have you been?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were talking off Cameron about this hat. I got this hat in Kazakhstan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what was it like in kazakh Stan.
Speaker 4: For a whole month. It was basically the same deal. I just went in war.
Speaker 3: Well technically I had I had an assignment I had to do like a few reporting things around their elections. I was supposed to do that for three days, but I I did. I loved the country so much that I stayed a whole month and I was just like hanging around like chilling, exploring, and Kazakstan as the friendliest people I've ever met by wow, wow, like incredibly friendly, even though my Russian is awful, like absolutely awful, And like the young people in Kazakhstan, like a lot of them speak some English, We're not like fluent, but they are so welcoming, friendly, outgoing.
Speaker 4: There were multiple.
Speaker 3: Times where was I like out of like a cafe and people would just buy me food. Really yeah, it happened a couple of times. I didn't ask, Like one time I was having trouble with the Apple pay thing and the guy.
Speaker 4: Just paid for it. Wow, completely unprompted.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the Kazak people extremely friendly, intelligent, hardworking. They have a scholarship program where if they can get into any university worldwide, the government pays for it. So there's a lot of Kazakhs that like Oxford, Harvard, USC all over.
Speaker 4: So they're smart people, very kind people.
Speaker 2: How when do you start doing things like this, like going on adventures and documenting them and meeting folks.
Speaker 1: Sorry what secon, I'm just making sure great? Okay, continue, sir.
Speaker 3: Probably like three years ago I developed like Rondo less because I started watching a lot of bloggers on YouTube and Instagram. People would go like all over and like do different kinds of things, interact with people in different ways like you, like you, for instance, I've watched a lot of your videos.
Speaker 5: Oh cool.
Speaker 3: It was kind of inspirational, like the way you and like other creators like interact with like strangers in different environments in different ways.
Speaker 4: So that that was like.
Speaker 3: One of the bigger inspirations to start, like like traveling today different places and like doing different kinds of things with strangers.
Speaker 4: And I'm trying to do more of that.
Speaker 2: We're playing a little bit of inspiration tennis right now because I'm I'm feeling very inspired by your stories now. You know, I want to go to uh check out Al Salvador and Kazakhstan and where where else is on your list?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: All over Africa?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, Southeast Asia more of Latin America, basically.
Speaker 4: The quote unquote global South.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that interests me more than the West because I've been living in the West my whole life.
Speaker 1: Where are you from?
Speaker 3: I was born in Colombia bo guitar, but I grew up in New York, so I'm kind of like, uh, they would call me a no Sabo kid. I'm pretty like Americanized.
Speaker 1: Where do you still live in New York?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what does it say that again?
Speaker 6: No? No?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: No kid?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Uh, someone like browing in Latin America, but they grew up in the US, so they're pretty like Americanized westernized. Honestly, that would be like how you classify me objectively?
Speaker 2: And then, uh so, in your travels and in your attempts to yeah, interact with strangers and go crazy places and whatnot, what kind of difficulties have you encountered? What's been like the most uh yeah, hardest part of doing that for you?
Speaker 3: Uh, other than the travel costs?
Speaker 4: It would be hard to say.
Speaker 3: I mean, I haven't really had like any brad experiences traveling.
Speaker 2: Even like I guess not bad, but like even like emotionally like because you know, I've I've gone on you know, trips like that where you're alone and you know, again trying to like, yeah, interface with with people, and there is like a challenge of like putting yourself out there and like having the confidence to do something like that, But it seems like it comes naturally to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I never hesitated, even in Kazakhstan, where I barely spoke in Russian. I just like dove in head first. I never like, I don't really get homesick or like intimidated by like feign environments.
Speaker 4: I never, like it never daunted me.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Have you always been like that?
Speaker 2: Like when you were growing up, were you pretty good at like just going up to people and talking to them and whatnot?
Speaker 3: Ironically, no, because I was an extremely sheltered kid. My the people who raised me well lely like they sheltered me intentionally. And also in middle school I was kind of the outcast. But then in high school it flipped. I accidentally became one of the most popul little kids in my high school because I just started like going up to people and like hanging out with people, the football players, the basketball players, the emos. I would just like go up to them in a high school and I accidentally became one of the most popular kids in my high school, so that was kind.
Speaker 4: Of like the impetus.
Speaker 3: Also, I started leaving in sneaking out of the house to hang out with friends in high school, so I started becoming a lot more outgoing.
Speaker 4: And adventurous in high school.
Speaker 2: And your parents you said they like kind of like sheltered you intentionally, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mother she had like good intentions, but she was She's.
Speaker 4: A very paranoid person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when I was a baby, the crime rate in my neighborhood was much higher, so that always stuck with her. So she liked to keep me very sheltered and focused on I could, so I didn't really have any like sleepovers.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: She deliberately kept me.
Speaker 3: Out of uh sports, so I didn't start taking up sports until high school. And also the sports was a good way to meet people as well. She had good intentions, but I was very sheltered until high school.
Speaker 2: Basically, And are your are your folks over in Columbia?
Speaker 1: Are they here in New York?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right now they're in the suburbs, not not that far away.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, How now I'm curious about that. How do they feel about all these like adventures that you're going on. Does your mom get paranoid about you going to Kazakhstown or else?
Speaker 1: Salvador.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I told her I was going to Kazakhstan, she was a little hessiton.
Speaker 4: Yes, But I explained that.
Speaker 3: It's one of the nicest countries in Central Asia. I told her this before I left, Like they have a quarter trillion dollar GDP, low crime, like relatively like good like personal civil liberties for like Central Asia. So I told her this, and she was a little like she was a little assuage.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I I also I have that thing where like, uh, you you almost kind of like get get like a hit of adrenaline from telling your mom you're gonna go do something that makes her paranoid, Like if you're if whatever you're gonna do, if it worries your mom, it's almost like a signal that you're like, all right, I'm heading in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of an editiss type of thing.
Speaker 3: Because I was so sheltered as a kid, it was kind of fun like sneaking out of the house doing like crazy things in high school and then so I kind of like empathize with what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, do you still have a good relationship with your folks living out in the suburbs?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Like we're talking about my travels and like different things.
Speaker 1: What's your ultimate dream for for this for this life? I suppose.
Speaker 3: Oh again, you're like you want to my bigger inspiration. So I want to like make the way are you already do? I make like content, but like like content oriented around interacting with strangers, going different places, more of that, and then like a bigger scale ship.
Speaker 2: Hold on the sign. The sign just fell. We're getting a nice cool breeze of water from the fountain. It feels good. It's just enough that it doesn't drench us, but it missed us. That's awesome. Do what so you post on YouTube? Where do you post? Where can the people find you?
Speaker 1: I want to I want to shout you out.
Speaker 3: Uh mostly uh into policydigress dot org.
Speaker 1: Sorry, slow down, say that again.
Speaker 3: Int policy digress dot org. That's why most of my content.
Speaker 1: Goes INTI how do you spell that?
Speaker 3: I N C P O L I C why D I G E S T dot O r.
Speaker 2: G so And this is like so you have your own website where you're putting this on, like this is this your website or is this like.
Speaker 4: A company or one of the editors there. I don't like own it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you see work you work for this website.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was more olean.
Speaker 3: I was like more into just like writing, but now I'm doing more like photography and videography.
Speaker 1: Nice, nice, cool man.
Speaker 2: Where where if you like, you're what's your number one place that you want to go to do videography and photography?
Speaker 5: Just one?
Speaker 1: I guess the.
Speaker 2: Top one, like the one that you're like all right, Like if like if you had a week to live, you know, and that you only have one other place that you could go before you know, where would you go?
Speaker 3: I guess West West Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal.
Speaker 4: If I had to dream, just one?
Speaker 2: Well, cool man, like I like I'm saying, I'm uh, I'm very flattered to hear that the gecko is uh is an inspiration because I'm I'm inspired. I'm inspired by you man, So again, it's inspiration Tennis, keep uh keep doing great work. Many Likewise, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just uh, don't be afraid to explore. Could be like a couple of hours out. It could be Alsavador, it could be U Brazil, Kazakhstan.
Speaker 4: Uh, if you're in the math can inspire.
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 3: You have the most powerful passport on the planet. You could go so many places well out, even needing needing a visa.
Speaker 2: So don't be a way to explore. What's your name again, man, Russell white House, Russell white House, Russell white House. Thank you very much for talking, man.
Speaker 1: This was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna check out. I'm gonna i'll rewatch the footage and check out that website. I really want to see your stuff. Kick ass man. Thank you very much. See you, Russell. Nice to meet you Onnie.
Speaker 6: How you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is kosher to say, but it like we were I was setting up and uh, you know, actually I won't call you out. Okay, okay, we were setting up and you came over to me and you were like, hey, man, I've seen your stuff on the internet. I was like, oh, thanks man, And then you came back over with an eighth of weed. You gave it to me, and I was like, oh, that's so nice. Do you like, do you do? Is that you grow that or is it?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 10: It's our brand, man, It's called University AZA for twenty so my brother he started a brand called Urban Exotics, and like like things has been booming. So now we're just like expanding. So now here comes us with a Uniuniversity az A. We're giving back to the students that helped us, supported us in the beginning.
Speaker 1: So oh, Nikki, you do it, Fairy, just hold the mic up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So yeah, everything is more of like great deals and giving back to the communities that help us build this empire in general.
Speaker 2: But tell me about the tell me about the cannabis biz. I'm curious when when did you start getting into it?
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 10: Essentially he always been into it as like teens and like younger adults, but like really like me and my brothers, we started an entertainment business. We started like a music group that turned in the label cool like so like now like we peaked that that in and we're expanding from there. Now we're just going to new vengures in new ways.
Speaker 9: To like expand.
Speaker 10: What was the music group It's called Org and Nothing and the label is called or nothing records nice?
Speaker 1: Nice? What kind of music do you? Guys make a.
Speaker 10: Little bit of everything, but like primarily like hip hop, R and B. Like we have a couple live live instronment artists like Zachary Durham. He plays the trumpet. We got like we got m full on the beats, like he's like good and producing. So everything is like in the house because just like kind of our like our community because r RG stands for organized uh the signs.
Speaker 1: Nope to put some rocks in the bottom of the sun, go.
Speaker 9: Ahead, organized, radiat and grow.
Speaker 10: So like we organized with the community because we had a vision. We got the people together, we started grinding. Now we're out elevating, we're living better.
Speaker 2: We're living great, I mean and uh, And so you do the cannabis stuff with your brothers as well.
Speaker 10: Yes, because I'm more I'm more of like media and like artists management.
Speaker 2: And how many how many guys is it two? You have two brothers three?
Speaker 10: The founders is my me and my other two brothers, cool man like like the artists is we got like at least twelve.
Speaker 2: What's so what's the dynamic between you and your brothers? Because that's a really nice thing to have, you know, be doing business with your family and like have other people to because as you know, the the entrepreneurial journey very lonely one. It's great to have family with you.
Speaker 9: It's complicated.
Speaker 1: But tell me, Marris, like.
Speaker 9: We're all now, we're all sitting.
Speaker 10: We're all about the great and the uplifting of ourself and our business.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're all individual people.
Speaker 10: So like everybody has their own journey to go on.
Speaker 9: While like we're building this business.
Speaker 10: It is times we class, times we like took break, some some talking, but like at the end of the day, always come back from for business and once we come back, we always settle everything out the way and then we'd come back better than ever. So it's just like as years of like us trying to grow as a business and also us trying to grow as.
Speaker 9: Individuals and when are within ourselves.
Speaker 2: So tell me, uh, what would you say is like the number one or even a few different ways in which you feel like, uh, this this journey has grown you as an individual.
Speaker 9: I'm like a lie, how hasn't it like for me?
Speaker 10: Like in like personally, like I was more of like the knucklehead, the rebel rousers, so I was getting in trouble. I'm like actually doing great things, but I'm also getting in trouble.
Speaker 1: What kind of rabble were you rousing?
Speaker 10: Stuff around here and stuff around like he's sure a lot of trump I did.
Speaker 9: I went away for a while, and like.
Speaker 10: It took that for me to actually understand myself.
Speaker 9: So and and.
Speaker 10: That's the crazy part, Like, yeah, it's the unfortunate before like you know, get caught up, But like it took that for me to actually sit down and understand myself because I really I didn't have much to do. I graduated high school, earlier college, started a business. All I had to do was work out and just like focus on myself. So now I know myself and I know the things my likes, my dislikes, my life feeling like things. That's that's quarter you mental development. Like I had plenty of ego depths. I had plenty of moments where I was up and down. But it's it all comes with experience and it all comes with learning.
Speaker 1: Off of you said you have you've had plenty of ego deaths. What what is uh? What does an ego death feel like for you?
Speaker 10: It's a very very humbling experience, very humbling experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was this a drug induced to go death or just like a like a general life meditation I had.
Speaker 10: I had movement of both, like like taking silent taking like mushrooms or like like other psychoactors, but really like going through life and actually like having to go through your child's and tripulations. Actually is is more clear than any other jug than there is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, people think you can just like take acid and then it'll change, you know, whateppen.
Speaker 1: No, you have to like be in your fucking life. Yeah, you really do. Like Yeah, So it's just.
Speaker 10: More like it's just more of like at times or I'm thinking I'm bigger and then program life knocks me right back.
Speaker 9: Down to peg too.
Speaker 10: So it's just like I feel like you can't you can't really really be bigger than the program.
Speaker 9: There's nothing bigger in the program.
Speaker 1: You know. It's funny.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about like the concept of the ego death, and it's like, I guess for me, it feels like the full knowledge that like what you understand as the self and what you understand is you is like so small compared to the greater universe that you're a part of and it kind of that comes. That's like kind of a scary thing because your ego and yourself is the only thing you can fucking grasp onto and if you can't grasp on to that, you feel like you're falling an endless abyss.
Speaker 10: And it's just like you're just lost in a source. You don't know what to do, you don't know where you're going.
Speaker 2: But then you cut, but you come, you come back out of it, and then you come back into yourself. Yes, and you're a little happier. I at least I felt that way after having like an ego death.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll be honest, because it's the thing is like insanity or madness is like the attempt to repeat the same actions that's putting you back in that predicament.
Speaker 9: So like if you don't learn, for you from.
Speaker 10: That experience, you didn't really like, Yeah, egos nearly isn't it dead?
Speaker 9: It's just in limbo.
Speaker 10: You just like like like like coddling like the truth.
Speaker 9: You can't coddle the truth up.
Speaker 1: You can't ca the truth of life.
Speaker 2: You can't like you can try you can try to coddle the truth of life.
Speaker 9: That's being delusional.
Speaker 10: If I want to be a delusional I'd just rather play the sims and then be a sim.
Speaker 2: Well that's what people do, they they they, I say, people as if it's not me doing that, I'm total I coddle the truth of life all the time by playing Nintendo and eating sandwiches and stuff.
Speaker 10: But is it more of like coddling or are you just like you have outlet to like escape like that, yes, so outlet to escape, like because coddling, like when I say coddingly, is more of like the the unacceptance of that truth, like you're.
Speaker 9: Eating regardless of regardless of the.
Speaker 10: Situation, They're always gonna think this is the right way or this is like.
Speaker 1: What do you what do you think?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this when you say like coddling of the truth, Like is there a truth or a reality that you feel as though maybe you personally coddled for a long time and then came to accept like a like a fact of reality.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I definitely did.
Speaker 1: What's an example of one, like.
Speaker 10: I can At one point in time, I was real I was a real like piece of shit like like oh, I'm like like, uh, how can I say like more of like my like my my wording or the things I deflect off the people like it's just more of like I try to.
Speaker 9: Push people away.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, like a coddling like coming to terms of like oh I've been like a jerk to folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 10: And it's like instead of like taking the accountability is more of like not you will be I or like you know, I'm just saying this because like you know, this is how I am like or this is the things.
Speaker 5: I've been through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 10: My defense mechanisms like yeah, sometimes you got it and it took and it took certain things to happen for me to be like I can't hold everything in or I can't be the type of person to be like only give you a part of my life, or like I'm trying to like solely trust you but also give you that same like the vulginess of infinitation or like that same recification without having him be like a like a rocket.
Speaker 9: Irra coon in a sense like the level.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure, sure, sure, sure, I empathize with rock and Raccoon only because he's we're both technically critters.
Speaker 1: Yes, what did you say your name was? Again? Hmmm, what are you. What are you getting up to today?
Speaker 10: Onnie, I'm just like a little bit more promotion for the brand, and I'm just like also just enjoying the sunshine, like just trying.
Speaker 9: To vibe with the people.
Speaker 10: Like that's been my new thing, trying to like reintegrate myself back into like small talk, casual conversations, meeting new people. Just like, yeah, trying to bring trying to bring down the walls reasonability enough.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you don't want to put up too many walls. If you isolate yourself, you'll go crazy. Yeah, you want to interface with people. It's it's I think probably the meaning of life is to just talk to folks, like even in any way, even in any small way, like waving, waving at somebody or just being like.
Speaker 10: Sometimes like I'm not a lot, I'm like I'm I'm like a clothing person. So I see some My thing new thing now is I see something I like someone wearing. I just say it, like because sometimes you be so like, especially being a broad brand in New York, we're so like like individualized, like we like.
Speaker 9: You little talk to show or like, so it's just like you know, I'm peeping from a distance. I might like it.
Speaker 10: But I'm it looks like I'm just grilling you. Not Hey, yo, I'm not a lot.
Speaker 9: That's fine. Would you give that from for me?
Speaker 1: Like, it's just that it makes a whole day, makes a whole life.
Speaker 2: Someone be like, hey, I like your shirt onny is Uh? Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 10: Man, listen, everything is great. You got to organize radio and grow. That's it, man or nothing.
Speaker 2: Records, organize radiate and grow. Man, two people in a row who have orgs pretty crazy, Honey, Thank you very much for talking. Man, I really appreciate it. Uh, I'm gonna smoke some of this weed that you gave men. I'll let you know how it is. Take care of one. Thank you very much for talking. Man.
Speaker 1: I I like that guy. It is true.
Speaker 2: Is I do think the meaning of life is uh wrapped up somehow and telling someone that you like their shirt. It's very simple stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean this.
Speaker 2: That's why I like doing this is it's kind of the It's kind of my own way of getting to interface with the world and get to share it with other people.
Speaker 1: So let's keep doing this, keep talking to people. What is your name. I'm Ava, Ava. Nice to meet you. How's life Ava? What's up?
Speaker 11: Life is beautiful right now. I'm really enjoying the weather. I love being in Washington Square Park.
Speaker 1: It's the city. It's great. I love this fucking place. Man. I really want to play chess. What's up? Man? I really want to play chess with one of those people over there.
Speaker 11: Oh, I would love to know how to play chess. One game that I wish that they played more out here is scrabble, because that's something I would say that I'm pretty good at.
Speaker 1: What's give me your all time scrabble? Play?
Speaker 5: What word?
Speaker 1: Did you get.
Speaker 11: Something with a queue? Something in one of the corners that gets you like a triple?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cople word for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's all. It's nice to have a queue. So, Ava, what's the meaning of life?
Speaker 11: You know, recently, I've been feeling like in such a crazy time with so much uncertainty. The meaning of life really does become your personal journey of resilience that you face and how you begin to kind of listen to the aspirations that you had when you were younger, yeah, and pursue them and be yourself despite a world that's kind of in an epidemic of hate. And as cheesy as this sounds, I think that a lot of people are scared of coming off as cringe right now, because that's something in my generation that has become a massive issue, is like this kind of jumping out to hatred, and any time someone is deemed slightly unconventionally quirky or annoying, it's kind of become cringe. And I think that in spite of all of that, you really have to love yourself, follow through with what makes you you and what really interests you, and flows your boat.
Speaker 2: Bro, I've been on a kick for a while. I've been saying this for a while. I think being like being annoying, even if you are really annoying, it's not that bad, you know what I mean. Like, there's so much worse things to be annoying. You could be insidious or like malicious, but just like being kind of fucking annoying, it's not that bad.
Speaker 11: And that's the things that we actually deem as you know, when a woman kind of is annoying in our society, that's what we really like pick at and just make into an entire internet meme instead of the people that are actually causing like systemic oppression in our you know, in our nation.
Speaker 2: I do you feel like people are are afraid of being cringe?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Is that something you experience in your.
Speaker 11: I do life so, But I also think that the people that do take risks are the one that do end up with a higher success rate in their lives. Of course, yeah, But I have noticed that we are in an epidemic of nonchalance, and that's something that I don't agree with.
Speaker 2: We're in an epidemic of nonchalance. What makes you feel like we're in an epidemic of nonchalance?
Speaker 11: I think that believing so firmly in trends and hopping onto trends and not listening to what actually interests you or what things actually shape your perception of who you are and.
Speaker 1: What you like.
Speaker 11: But that's, you know, it's just I think something I've noticed anecdotally. I'm not sure how much research based.
Speaker 2: I think anecdotally it well, because we're inundated with like so much information and the content that it's like you don't have a second to like think your own thoughts, Like I think, I honestly even think that I talked about this in a fucking episode of this show recently. But it's like, yeah, you kind of need to be able to like not be ingesting any media so you can form your own thoughts and opinions and observations about life and allow yourself to be bored. It's spooky. I'm spooked. I'm a little spooked by it. What do you go to n y U?
Speaker 12: I do?
Speaker 11: I'm an English major?
Speaker 1: An English major? Okay?
Speaker 12: What uh?
Speaker 1: Give me a book? You like books? Look at a book?
Speaker 13: Books.
Speaker 11: The Overstory by Richard Powers is one of my favorite, as well as the series My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante, super incredible, credible book series. I'd highly recommend.
Speaker 1: What do you Hope to Do with your life?
Speaker 6: Ava?
Speaker 1: What's the Dream?
Speaker 11: I've always really been interested in the creative fields.
Speaker 1: I love to write.
Speaker 11: I really have always enjoyed film, theater, art acting. If I if I had it my way, I would go off and do do a million side quests, pursue whatever creative thing I could. But I really enjoy writing poetry. I really think the publishing field is something I'd be interested in. I've done I did teaching seventh graders for a few years. For some summer internships. But my pipe dream is to be in film. But I haven't really pursued that academically, so I'm not really sure what could come out of it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you firsthand as somebody who quote unquote pursued film academically, that it is. You don't need to do that to just make movies. You know, you can make sure with your phone and everything. AB's anything else you gonna say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 11: Listen to your gut.
Speaker 1: Oh we're in a little We're in a little splash.
Speaker 11: Be yourself and continue to question the world around you while you form your own assumptions about other people.
Speaker 2: Thank you for talking to I saw you over there smoking a cigar, looking all cool, and I was like, I gotta talk to this guy.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 14: Man Z twenty VBB. Real names O Gray, Zone, Gray so z Oe. Last name is j I A.
Speaker 7: Wy.
Speaker 12: I'm the oldest of eight kids. I'm thirty two years old.
Speaker 1: You're the oldest of eight kids.
Speaker 6: What uh?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What are what are your siblings doing right now? Do they still live in New York?
Speaker 12: They still live in New York?
Speaker 14: They just don't step in the spotlight, got like I would.
Speaker 1: They don't step in the spotlight.
Speaker 14: They wouldn't step in on they wouldn't step over here, And there was four for anything.
Speaker 1: What have you have?
Speaker 2: You had other opportunities besides just right now where you've stepped in the spotlight.
Speaker 14: I had times where I could just stay stay in prison, but I decide not to.
Speaker 6: H what uh?
Speaker 1: What did you see?
Speaker 2: You said you had times where you could have stayed in prison but decided not to. What was it that made you decide not to?
Speaker 12: On wordplay and the way I do things on stage?
Speaker 1: What do you do on stage?
Speaker 12: Make music?
Speaker 1: What do you make music about?
Speaker 14: Almost about everything that comes to mind. It's like all genres. So it's not rap because you know they usually see a darn scaped person they see rap.
Speaker 12: Nah, it's I do all genres. I even do.
Speaker 14: I stick up for the Muslims, the five percenters and everybody else. I even deal with the LGBTQ community. Like I go to the church and I stayed there and I eat and they gave me, give me food and clothes. And this is the first time that I made music in years. You know what I'm saying on the local app, the local app is free, It's for everybody. My name is Z twenty VVV and I made over three hundred tracks.
Speaker 2: What is it that inspires your music struggle? What kinds of things have you have you struggled with that that have inspired your music?
Speaker 12: Anxiety, you know, rejection.
Speaker 14: And being the identity that I am. I'm opium, which is something that Playboy Cardi is into.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 14: They say, they say it's not a sex. When I go to the LGBTQ community, they say, what are you? I say, I'm opium, And I respect that they're who they are, But why they they don't respect who I am?
Speaker 1: What do you mean by you are opium?
Speaker 14: Opium is my lifestyle, Opium is my sex. Mom, I don't, I don't. I don't be around females all the time. I could I just do straight music and work out all day and I be to myself. I'm kind of like, I'm kind of like if I was in a party, i'd be more like a bouncer more than the partying.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but so you're so you're watching over the party but not necessarily participating in it yourself. That's a majority of time, do you ever have the desire to participate in the party or you like exactly where you're at in the party.
Speaker 14: It's like like it happens at the same time that I'm protecting the party, but they people don't notice it, So that makes me happier.
Speaker 1: You feel like you're protecting the party.
Speaker 12: I actually I am.
Speaker 14: I don't feel it just embedded because that's just in my past life too.
Speaker 2: You said, like struggling with anxiety and stuff. Is that something you've You've struggled with your whole life?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I got a mental health and I'm autistic.
Speaker 2: What what usually like in your life? Hell helps you deal with your anxiety?
Speaker 12: Frequencies?
Speaker 1: Frequencies? What kind of frequencies?
Speaker 12: Frequencies and music?
Speaker 2: M do you typically feel like like when you're making music, does the anxiety kind of go away?
Speaker 14: It does, it does, but there's always something attatched to music. It actually physically hurts me and my heart like it pumps and all that so fast. And I feel like every time I do a song, I'm gonna, like, you know, fade.
Speaker 12: Out or pass out.
Speaker 14: Really yeah, yeah, really, I feel like I'm gonna pass out every time I do a song. So it's like three hundred songs I've been I go, I'm passed.
Speaker 12: Three hundred songs already.
Speaker 14: So every time I do a song, I feel like I'm gonna pass out or like I'm about to go to the hospital or something.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you more about that? Why? Doy? What is it that makes you feel so?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: What is it that gives you such a strong physical reaction when you make it?
Speaker 14: The energy that I'm given to the to the vocal cords and everything?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so like I mean physically like are you?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you like really singing loudly on my.
Speaker 12: Heart and mind and using my mind and my heart?
Speaker 1: Hmmm? How long you've been making music for it?
Speaker 14: I've been making music for a month making the music, but I've been doing this freestyling for years, since I was fourteen years old.
Speaker 1: You've been freestyling for years, freestyling.
Speaker 12: For years, but a whole month I've been making music.
Speaker 2: I don't want to put you on the spot, but if you so desire, would you want to do a freestyle?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I hear it?
Speaker 14: My fordy Keiston feel like the bottle of my call center is the feeling like you need and call the dreaming by the feel like you're reading pulling a styning or my goal Jesus pieces. I'm a reptilian, so I'm sitting next to that guy called my soul Sido put ways up. Been a mito here that let my color sweats thirty plus phone nus, I don't got planes with whole things and the old pains depelled on my drone, say upside down crosses, feel losses three sixes, fell off in the causes three v's. That's the twenty vision collision. Feel like somebody get humby, feeling a domb vision, thought of a blooder cook because I was wearing colors, fell long, somebody travel all feeling to these brothers. I'm the old it's an eight. Feeling like somebody lose a plate. This is easy talking about somebody KNDA losing grace.
Speaker 1: That was great. I like that.
Speaker 2: You you you uh you you reference the reptilian.
Speaker 12: Because I'm half white or.
Speaker 2: Is is being half white being half reptilian?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 1: Interesting? What what else?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 1: What else do you know about reptilians.
Speaker 12: That they have power too? I have both sides of the story.
Speaker 1: What was I gonna say?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: This bubbles aries or what is a I'm not a big like astrology guy. What is what are like?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What are the traditional traits of an aris that you ident with?
Speaker 12: Is a god of war?
Speaker 14: He steps in enemy lines and he's the first person to ask questions and and he the first person to do stuff and ask questions later. He's in the first enemy lines and everybody else is falls in place. But every Harvescope wants to try to be above it arees. But it's hard to say that we're the first in the horrodscope.
Speaker 12: We're the main people. Everybody else we just let y'all, I mean, do y'all do?
Speaker 6: What are you?
Speaker 1: What are you most proud of in life?
Speaker 12: I'm proud of not having any kids right now?
Speaker 2: Interesting? What makes you feel proud of not having any any kids.
Speaker 12: Because I sold my mom and my father went through.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, do you uh uh? Do you desire to have kids at some point in your life.
Speaker 14: With somebody that that that's that's like, I don't want a normal person because a normal person is aggravation, Like a normal person is gonna do dirty. So I'd rather have a person that's astronomy, you know, I want a very person that's out of this world?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Interesting? Where do you feel like have you ever met a person?
Speaker 12: Fact, I'm from the Bronx too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well have you remember have you ever met a person that you feel like.
Speaker 1: Is out of out of this world?
Speaker 2: And in the in the way that you're describing, not even just like in a romantic sense, but like even like a friend or a mentor or anything like that.
Speaker 14: Basically actually cooking with Cairo, time, cooking with Cairo, cooking with Caira, Yeah, cooking with Kaya.
Speaker 1: Who's who's cooking with Kaya?
Speaker 14: She's on the internet, She's on YouTube and everything, and she gave me inspiration because she did so many videos. So I started doing my little Live Means and and my little Bagle. I'm on Beagle too, so and I do the Loco. So I've been sharing social media. She started, she's when she started her stuff. I really took a look at it, not because of her gyrating her body, because how much social media.
Speaker 12: She has made in her life.
Speaker 2: Why Voloko and what's the other what's their one? Be the bag and Bigel? Why not just like Instagram and YouTube.
Speaker 12: Because Bigle's where the music is at.
Speaker 14: This got a billion artists and a billion beats, a billion people loving your stuff. It's passing with people like on your Facebook. See I share my music with the Loco through face. I get on, I get on Loco, do my music, send mad In my music to Facebook. So I got more views. They listening to my music. They I got people in Nigeria listen to my music right now.
Speaker 2: So what so if the people people listening to this want to find you, they'll find you on Volco.
Speaker 12: Yeah they if I'm me on YouTube too, okay?
Speaker 1: And what's what's what's the name? Z twenty vvv Z twenty vvv.
Speaker 14: My first song is called merv and it's called and then the next song is called sex Body Respect. I got like ten songs on there already. I got four reels. I got chiropractory videos, chiro practical like where you're like.
Speaker 12: No, no, there's a guy.
Speaker 14: He has a lot of he does good in chiropractory and people like that, like you know, cracking backs and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: He cracks your back.
Speaker 14: No, he cracks other people's backs, like like famous people.
Speaker 12: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: So it's like a network with a lot of people that are already up there. But I don't have to be like, oh, I need their money to be good.
Speaker 12: I could give somebody a.
Speaker 14: Thousand dollars and they rich already because I cheer with them because I know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: What's your what's your ultimate dream in life? Man? Where do you what's your greatest ultimate dream?
Speaker 12: Is everybody networking with each other?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, everybody network with each other.
Speaker 2: Do you believe in like a collective consciousness of any kind?
Speaker 1: Like we all kind of are each other?
Speaker 12: Yes, a big one.
Speaker 14: It doesn't matter who you are, It doesn't matter what you wear, who you is, what.
Speaker 12: Kind of sex y'all show a network with each other because y'all don't know what y'all just walk around each other. Y'all don't want to talk to each other. If I walk around right now, nobody gonna talk to me because they don't want to.
Speaker 14: They see a dark skinned person, they don't open their mouth. But when they see even when a white person, they it's the same thing.
Speaker 12: They just scared. People are just scared all over. It's New York City. People don't know people. If you if you talk to somebody right now, they gonna want it.
Speaker 14: They think it's always some wish a catch behind it. When I'm trying to share this ad, nobody want to get on. It's free money on Bigle. You could do a Bigle live right now instead of you scrolling on Facebook for nothing. This is wild apps out here that you can make money on and people out here sellingate whatever.
Speaker 1: All right, I gotta check out Beagle Bagle.
Speaker 14: Good on local if you want to do music, or you could check out other people's music. This thousands of people you laughing, you're laughing, but this mad people that.
Speaker 12: Got music, got scousel here, that's looking for people.
Speaker 1: I don't doubt you. I don't, I don't, I don't doubt I don't doubt you at all.
Speaker 12: The local app is where is that?
Speaker 1: What's your name again? Man?
Speaker 2: My name is Z twenty vvv, Z twenty vvv. Thanks for sitting down and talking with me. Man, I appreciate it. Is Is there anything else you want to say to the people before we go anything at all?
Speaker 14: I want I want you to just think about what I said and be positive and uh, God is within you.
Speaker 12: You know the vibes.
Speaker 1: God bless you man.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling or calling, Thank you for sitting down chatting man, what's your name?
Speaker 1: My friend Rob rob Lyle. Nice to meet your Rob.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: How's how's a gun good?
Speaker 7: I go to therapy every three months. We do a plan. I have to do ship like that. But this is different a lot.
Speaker 1: You go to therapy once only only once every three months.
Speaker 6: Yes, I don't like to go. I just bullshit. I got none to complain about, have you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is that a recent thing where you've had nothing to complain about? Or have you always had.
Speaker 6: No reason the last few years?
Speaker 7: My friend's Nico Adam, I come out, They give me cigarettes, iced coffee, I lay out and some with the music.
Speaker 6: No one got it better than me. I tell you, how uh?
Speaker 1: What are you doing today? Man?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: I was out in Vegas because my mom passed.
Speaker 7: She was ninety. It's okay, she was ninety five. She had great grandchildren, lived a long life. So I got together with my brother, my two sisters, my nephews, my niece. We bonded, had a lot of love, family time, and I came back last week.
Speaker 6: But I've been like gently sleeping for days in Queens. So my friends said, come out party.
Speaker 4: I was like, yes, som much?
Speaker 6: What uh?
Speaker 1: What do you like to do when you're partying. Man.
Speaker 7: You know, I got friends here from me ten years. I just hang out. They bring out the guitars, the drums. I get cigarettes, I get coffee, we get weed.
Speaker 6: We have a party.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you said that you have nothing to complain about.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't always like that.
Speaker 7: No. I used to just stay in bed with depression for years. But then, you know, one day I woke up, I said, the sun down, I'm gonna get the fuck out, smile at people just hang out.
Speaker 2: So so I'm very curious about that because you know, I think a lot of people definitely listen to this podcast who have like struggled with depression and whatnot. And you're telling me you just woke up one day and like, like, what was what was what's kind of.
Speaker 6: Been your process of things?
Speaker 7: You know, I was young, I was in uh see, I was hanging out here in the eighties, but I was doing a lot of acid.
Speaker 6: So you know, I flipped out at seventeen.
Speaker 7: I was in a psych wood, but they gave me depico, which is a medicaid T manic depression.
Speaker 6: So I sailed.
Speaker 7: When I met a girl, we got an apartment. I went back to school, had a good life for many years. But she was on dialysis for three years, so I gave her a kidney. Now I was sober for three years. But then when after the surgery, they said here, here's some morphine. So for years I was taking the pills and stuff. And now I just smoked the weed and I'm okay. Now, you know, I said to my doctor, hey, give me some valume out of man.
Speaker 6: He's like, nah, you pop him my candy. You got the weed. You're good. So I see him. He gives me the epicode. You know, it's like, get out of here, Robert.
Speaker 1: Can you you a favorite? If you're talking, they just hold the.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll try. So how long you been doing this?
Speaker 1: I've been doing this for about five years?
Speaker 7: Okay, And you have a master's in social wor because, oh.
Speaker 2: No, I have a master's in nothing. I'm just fucking crazy guy.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 6: I went back to school to be a physiced Maje.
Speaker 7: I was playing a lot of tennis, volleyball, softball, but then I failed chemistry and need the sciences. So I started hanging out volunteer with some blind people, met some people in the park.
Speaker 6: It's an easy life. Man, it's a good.
Speaker 1: Lie, dude.
Speaker 2: This is truly like, this might be the best park on the whole planet.
Speaker 1: I love this park so much, you know.
Speaker 6: I'm by.
Speaker 7: I lived in by Flushing Meadow and Flushing Queens for years, and I was some people. It's nice at the Unispeed. They got minish of gop, a lot of land, a lake. But it's not the city where you got art culture, you know, music history, everything down here, you know. So I even though it's a now and fifteen minutes by bus and train in a good weather, I'll just hang out in the city all night and party, you know, with my friends.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: We live large man.
Speaker 2: How hmmmm, I guess tell me more about like you said. Yeah, Like it's a process, like getting over depression. Like what what would you say have been like all the different parts of your process.
Speaker 7: You know. I was alone for many years, but then I met a girl and she loved me, she wanted best for me. And then after she passed, I was hanging out in the park all the years, you know, I'll come down here sometimes always some music would cheer me up with my friends. And then I met Niko, and he hooked me up with Adam and they did my portrait of by Goring's someversationis some lady came home and she was like, Yo, you look like a crazy chatter.
Speaker 6: I want to put you in a movie. So they put me in an extra with Timothy Chaloman in a movie.
Speaker 7: Coming out next to here called Marty Supreme about some crazy uh ping punk played on one gold and he was like a character.
Speaker 6: In a village and I'm they caught my hand.
Speaker 7: Oh I had good hair, so like for two days, it was twelve hours a day just standing around it, dressed me up as a fifties peasant, and then they said, don't come in the third day you get paid.
Speaker 6: I made like seven fifty for like two days.
Speaker 7: And then it's coming out and I don't know if I'll get red coffee, but I tell I'm gonna get some popcorn and hang out.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, what's the name of this movie again?
Speaker 6: What's a Komatis?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, Marty. Did you get to meet Timothy Shallow.
Speaker 7: Because he can't talk to him, but he was in the scene. He ran up a fire's gate, came down, stole some money. The cops backed up after him knocking little watermelon caught the watermelons.
Speaker 6: I'm just hanging out in the street.
Speaker 7: Fran dresser and another actress was in the shoe, so I didn't see them. But it was just a lot of fun. And Niko actually was coming through the city on his bike and he just stopped icy ball but he dies.
Speaker 4: I don't want that, man.
Speaker 7: He gave me a few bucks of seawettes. I was like, Yo, it's a good summer and this summer's gonna be.
Speaker 1: What are her plans for the summer?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't know the stay out late, enjoy the music. You know, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 7: Man, It's just so good to do it the good weather because you know, when it's like rainy and cold, I stay in Queens and I sleep and I watch the grass squaw.
Speaker 6: It sucks, man. So I'm so excited to be out with my friends having a great time.
Speaker 1: You know you were were you born in New York?
Speaker 6: Yes, I grew up in white Stone, Queens.
Speaker 2: You know what and uh how I mean, it's a bit of a load of question, but how has New York changed over the years. I know it's a load of question, but I'm curious if you have like specific things that you've noticed are really really different from when you were growing up.
Speaker 7: You know, in the seventies, I would hang out in times grim My dad would take me to and my friends to the movies and stuff, and you'd see people strung out and prostitutes and everything.
Speaker 6: And now it's a whole family cleaned up.
Speaker 7: So that's a little different. I mean, I used to go over to Coney Island, my grandparents lived over there, and it was all you know, dirties, strung out everything. Now it's like I went there last year. We went and sort of fireworks boardwark. Well it's god man, New York's thriving now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess so, I guess I'm actually even more curious about this. What stayed the same?
Speaker 7: It's always lot, there's always something happened in some movement when you or hard.
Speaker 6: It's always on the edge, you know, before the rest of the world gets it.
Speaker 7: It's always happening in New York, right, you come here, it happens first, man.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: What's hmmmm? Is there anything about like you said, you said you grew up like manly like in the seventies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, born in seventies.
Speaker 15: What it is?
Speaker 2: What is it about the seventies? Is there any particular aspect of the seventies that you missed the most?
Speaker 7: The Yankees had the great team in the late seventies. My father and sister would take me and my friends up to the Bronx. We'd get bleach your seats for a dollar fifty, get beast filedovs.
Speaker 6: It was great.
Speaker 7: Reggie Jackson, Ron Guidwy come on, you know, I know, yeah, that had one d and then the Mets had a run. And see I lived in Queens near Shay, but my dad grew up in the Bronx. So they would always say this, the Yankees stated, and we had a ball man all the time.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, man.
Speaker 2: I love I love that you're fucking enjoyed. You seem so happy. Man, you I haven't, I mean we we actually so. I ran into you and Nico while I was setting up, and you haven't stopped smiling since I read into you.
Speaker 4: Glad. I tried to put out that vibe.
Speaker 7: I mean, Adam been doing portraits of me, small ones. He's working on a big one, and he was showing people and when I first saw it, I said, Oh no, do love a grimace because I don't want to portray at him. We're doing a survey with people because I don't is it a smile or a grimace. I want to portray that I'm smiling, you know, people, not only small bag man.
Speaker 6: But that's all I got.
Speaker 1: What makes you the happiest in life right now?
Speaker 7: Just a good weather, cigarettes, coffee, friends, knowing later on it will cool down, My friends will come out to musicians. I'll lie around, have a good time. It's good in the York. Man, I'm blessed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll ask one more question.
Speaker 5: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking about this a lot. What are you? What are you the most proud of?
Speaker 7: You know, my mom just passed and for years I used to bother hunt fight, wouldn't be like, I'd give me money, but bat that. But then the last few years I went out and saw and we made peace. And then she called me in the last two months before she passed away and she was like, hey, are you seeing your friends in the city.
Speaker 6: Are you voluntain with the blind pever?
Speaker 9: I was like yes, my.
Speaker 6: Brother said it made it very happy that I'm doing well. So that's it. You know it's a good life.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful, Robert I.
Speaker 6: I I love that hanging out here, will get some butt and smoke.
Speaker 1: You got that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be hanging out after it. Dude, Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 7: I don't know who got some buds? I got cigarettes, but we got to get some buds. I got three bucks, man, Yeah, we'll get high.
Speaker 2: That sounds awesome. I'll see at the party. Brother, Thanks for talking about I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you man.
Speaker 6: Oh you're right, man.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Oh that was awesome. Hell yah, I love that. I love that, man. Goddamn is it the simple things?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 2: I wish I had something more eloquent to say other than I just love this park and I love the nice weather, and I love getting to talk to all these people.
Speaker 1: But that's that's That's really it. What's your name? One more times?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 1: Far do I'm just being a gecko hanging out?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sorry for can you just make sure when we're talking if you hold the mic like? Thank Yeah, that's great, that's great. Are you do you live in New York or are you from out of town?
Speaker 13: I am an international student from Norway. So I've been here for like one and a half years.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're in Norway, like nearby the city Oslo. Okay, I was in Oslo a couple of years ago. Really yeah, yeah it was cool.
Speaker 5: It was cool.
Speaker 13: It looks like you didn't enjoy it.
Speaker 2: No, it's not you know what, No, that's not a look I didn't enjoy. It's a look of I wish I had a specific I wish I had an Oslo thing. Oh, I mean I did.
Speaker 1: I did a show there a couple of years ago. It's a fun time. Uh where there's like a wharf area. Yeah wharf what is warf?
Speaker 2: Like, like you're near water and stuff like boats and shit. Yeah yeah I know, yeah yeah yeah. It was just pretty cool. Well okay, so you've been here for a year and a half now, and uh, give me, give me some differences between Oslo and New York.
Speaker 13: I think the biggest difference is like the people, because here everyone's like, do anything you want and nobody gives a fuck. But like, if you do that in like Norway in general, people will not like it.
Speaker 1: Really yeah they will.
Speaker 13: Everyone's like, so just intervert in that country and it's just like you cannot be yourself in a way. That's why the main thing I moved here because I can like be whatever and nobody would give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Do you have any specific examples of like things that you would be comfortable doing here in the States that you wouldn't be comfortable doing in Norway?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 13: Like you know those people that just like talk loudly in their buses, and if you did that in Norway, people will hate you. You know, they will literally literally drive you, like they hate that shit. And just like if you wear different clothings, they don't like that. A lot of people in Norway have like very specific outfits and if you are like out there showing more skin than they're not gonna like it.
Speaker 2: You know, it is it is cool man, like in like you could go be in the New York City subway and somebody could come on there blasting music and then like doing pull ups on the fucking subway train or like spinning around or throwing and no and nobody gives a shit, And it's there's kind of some beauty in that everyone is just kind of minding your own business. I mean, this park is a perfect example of like you could run around here fucking in your underwear and do whatever. And what I'm saying, it's such a beautiful like so much expression going on, whereas, yeah, you know, places in Asia and in Europe are not as much like that.
Speaker 13: That's that's what I love about New York, Like you can do anything and nobody will care. But if you did that back home, you would have backlashes.
Speaker 2: So what do you what are you studying? I'm studying acting, sitting acting. What's your dream role?
Speaker 13: Oh? My dream role is to be the main lead in every movie.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, the.
Speaker 2: Main lead in every movie, in every movie, every movie, even like shitty like even like YouTube videos, like every movie.
Speaker 13: I love YouTube videos. I'm trying actually to become those YouTube influences nowadays.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you want to make a YouTube influence about?
Speaker 13: Like daily life?
Speaker 4: You know blogs?
Speaker 1: I love that share Okay.
Speaker 13: I don't like when people like look down on those YouTube videos. I find that so funny when people like put themselves out there.
Speaker 6: I like, I.
Speaker 2: I guess like you there is And it's funny because I was just talking to someone else about this about like like people have a adversion to being cringe.
Speaker 1: Oh, people have an aversion to being cringe.
Speaker 2: People have an aversion to putting themselves out there, And it's like why, there's no real point.
Speaker 13: It depends like what do you find cringe?
Speaker 1: What do I find cringe?
Speaker 4: There's very little that I actually.
Speaker 2: Maybe there is a little bit that I find cringe. But I find like like like I don't like like drama YouTube people or like people who like all their like content is about like fuck this person or whatever.
Speaker 13: People that just like hate another people. But I do find people that put themselves out there. I love those people, even though if other people find it cringe, fuck them. Yeah, but if they like like those couple of videos, I don't like those videos. Which videos those people that pretending to be a couple on YouTube?
Speaker 1: Oh sure sure, sure not like those sure?
Speaker 2: Well okay, actually I'll say this like I don't know if I find I don't have cringe is the right word, But I don't. I don't like people who uh like like like family vlaw Oh no.
Speaker 13: I hate that shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: No, I do believe that people that below eighteen should not be on like posting shit you know those family yeah, people that like five year old though children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Although I so I first started doing YouTube in two thousand and eight when I was ten, But that was different because when I was in two thousand and eight, if you were making YouTube videos, nobody would I mean maybe, but like nobody would see them like that. The algorithm and the way that things worked back then was not the way it is now, because you could be ten years old fucking around on TikTok and just go viral like that, fucking like the Wrizzler. Like I think, like like like like the Wrizzler is like it's kind of fucked up, you know, like the whole thing is like you know, I don't know, just like there's something weird about like whurring out like a nine year old.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and then the fact that the people finally like cute watching nine year olds make videos. It's just gross to me.
Speaker 2: What uh okay, So what who's your as an actress? Who's your like favorite actor?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Right now it is because I just finished you, so I have to say Ben Batchley, who is that the guy on Gossip Girl?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: Okay Ben Batchley?
Speaker 13: Yeah, he played like Dan Humphrey and he's like playing Joe Goldberg. He did such an amazing job on you and I Underson. You should watch it. You will literally such an amazing.
Speaker 1: Check that out.
Speaker 6: What's uh?
Speaker 2: What's let me see? What in the future? Do you see yourself back to Osla? Are you gonna stay here?
Speaker 13: No, I'm gonna stay here. I love New York. I want to live here for the rest of my life, So I'm gonna stay here.
Speaker 1: Rock and roll man, what's up? Where do we go when we die? Oh?
Speaker 13: The thing is I am I am Muslim, So I already I already know where I'm going.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, tell me more.
Speaker 13: So either hell, Heaven or Hell. Yeah, so I if you're a good Muslim, of course you're going to go to heaven if you die. If there's there's two options, you can go to hell. Are you going to heaven?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 2: If if you get an egg and cheese sandwich at the Boydegga and then you you take a bite, you look there's bacon on it, are you going to hell?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 13: No, No, that's not how it works. The thing is you cannot control something that you don't have control over. Okay, So if you eat something that you don't know, like if you eat by accident, that's okay.
Speaker 1: But you don't. You don't have to like punch yourself in the face ten times or something, but so.
Speaker 13: Dramatic, like if you do something by accident or like you don't intend to do it, that's totally fine. You like go to hell for it.
Speaker 2: I have to sneeze, Like, Okay, I might be completely making this up right now, but I'm I'm I'm. I grew up Jewish, and like there's all these like rituals where like you're carrying a tora around and I think there's some ship where like if you drop the tora, you have to like kiss it a thousand times, or like if you drop like a sea door, you have to kiss it a bunch of times, like you have to like I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think you have to like tongue it or anything like that.
Speaker 13: But there's also the same if you drop the quran you have to like kiss it also, yeah, like three times. I think it's just to just show respect, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh but okay, So but if you eat, like if I'm like, hey, you should have some bacon, and then you have it, no okay, and then if you have it, you would go to hell, No.
Speaker 13: No, no, I'm gonna say no if I have it knowing it's bacon. Yeah, that's a different story.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think hell is like.
Speaker 13: A place of torture, a place where you're gonna hate it, You're just gonna be tortured like eternity, a place you just not gonna like it.
Speaker 2: Basically, what do you think hell is like personalized? Or it's like a one not like because I mean, I guess across the board, getting like a pitchfork up the ass is an unenjoyable experience. But like if Hell is probably personalized because there's some there do exist. You know, we're in New York City. There do exist people who heaven is getting a pitchfork up the ass. So it's gotta inherently because everyone experiences different pleasure and pain be personalized, right or what do you think you think it's cross're.
Speaker 13: Gonna be personalized? Okay, because there's some people there's something that you can like get, like your health. If we have the same hell, there's something that you can tolerate that I can't tolerate. So they have to like torture you much more to tolerate that.
Speaker 1: What's your personal hell.
Speaker 13: Oh, I don't want I don't like being burnt alive.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's so scary.
Speaker 13: I was like getting burned alive for eternity. I would hate that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, being trapped alone in an in an empty room with a with a constant ringing in my ear.
Speaker 1: Damn for eternity. That would suck, right, that would suck.
Speaker 2: Eternal ringing. You can never sleep. Oh sh this eternity. Oh god, that sounds horrida. It's your personal heaven.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, oh personal heaven. I uh, First of all, I want to be rich. So hopefully I am rich, successful, and I have anything and everything I want in life.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your personal heaven would be being very rich. What do you want to do with all your money?
Speaker 13: I wouldn't, to be honest, I would just go no, everybody's going to be rich in heaven anyways. But if I had, oh that's a very good question.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold start real quick, because this is what's interesting to me is you You you desire to be rich, but you haven't even thought about what you would do with the money. Because if you because being like just having the money, the money isn't anything unless if you're like, what's the point of being the rich if you.
Speaker 1: Haven't thought about what you would do with the money?
Speaker 13: I mean, like I would take care. I mean my family also will be rich. That's the thing.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know. This is your ultimate dream and you don't know.
Speaker 13: Okay, Okay, I'll change it. I will say happiness. I would wish to be happy for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: What makes you happy being rich?
Speaker 4: Fair enough?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Well what not?
Speaker 2: Even like you don't have anything? You're not like, Oh, I want a Simpsons pinball machine in my apartment.
Speaker 13: I want to have a penthouse.
Speaker 1: How are you gonna get rich with?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: With acting?
Speaker 13: I hope so I do a little bit of TikTok So I hope to be rich by the by next year.
Speaker 1: You have to be rich by next year. You're gonna need a lot of TikTok.
Speaker 13: No, But I'm gonna make it. I feel like I'm gonna make it. If I put my mind into something, I'm gonna I'm gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, uh so you subscribe to the Muslim faith and you said that you know where you're going to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where are you gonna go person.
Speaker 13: I'm a good person. I do pray five times a day, So I'm gonna go to Johnnaw.
Speaker 1: You pray five times a day? Yeah, how do you make time for that?
Speaker 13: It's just five minutes?
Speaker 7: Is it? Like? Uh?
Speaker 2: When you pray five times a day? Are you like like like how detailed does the prayer have to be? Can you just like mentally be like all right, we're good or do you have to like do a whole thing five times?
Speaker 13: I mean you have to do the whole thing also before they dude, you know, like the water thing.
Speaker 1: What's the water? What's the water thing?
Speaker 7: You do?
Speaker 13: You wash your hands, you wash your face, you wash your feet, and then you pray. But it just takes five minutes of your day and then all of them combine, it's twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have time for God for to do you have to roll out the mat and everything?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, roll out and I have to cover my hair and stuff. But you have time five minutes, twenty five minutes a day for God. You have time for that.
Speaker 1: So when did you start praying five times a day?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 13: I was born Muslim, so I have been doing that my entire life.
Speaker 2: Will I have a lot of respect for cause I don't think I I don't even I sometimes I'll skip a day of brushing my teeth, you know what I mean? Like I don't like to do anything consistently, let alone fun well, do anything consistently once, like if you if I had to, you know, like I'll go to the dentist and they're like, you have to floss twice a day, and I'm like, fuck you, I'm not doing that. You live a different kind of life than me. That if you're if you're asking me that, that's that's wild. You lost every day.
Speaker 13: I brush my teeth every day.
Speaker 2: You brush your teeth twice a day. Yeah, you brush your teeth twice to day. You pray five times a day. You lost once a day.
Speaker 13: It's also called like being disciplined. You know, if you're discipline, you can do anything.
Speaker 2: You know, do you work out the extra? I work out every day every day? Yeah, you work out every day. You pray five times a day, you brush your teeth.
Speaker 4: That's the bare minimum.
Speaker 1: It's not like huge, it's a huge thing.
Speaker 13: It's not what is the one thing that you do every day?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: Check Instagram?
Speaker 6: And cry.
Speaker 13: I do that too. We have something in common.
Speaker 2: You're out of your mind, dude. Anything what else will give me some other? What else do you do every day?
Speaker 13: Probably do my work, you know, school work and stuff.
Speaker 2: You'll be successful, I hope no, because you have this, you have discipline, you have the thing.
Speaker 13: I feel like you're going to be successful, though. Look where you are right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess success is.
Speaker 13: What is success to you?
Speaker 2: What is success to me? I guess success is I don't know. I wish I had an answer to that question. Yeah, success, the idea of success for me is constantly evolving. I mean I think, look, if you you know, having money that you're not worried, and you have enough friends and family around you that you're not worried, and you know all that lame.
Speaker 13: Shit, you know, that's a that's interesting answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, a Simpsons pinball machine would be cool. Wow, But they're getting up there in price.
Speaker 13: They're like, I need to check that out because I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you don't know what? You don't know the Simpsons?
Speaker 4: No, I know the.
Speaker 13: Simpsons the show. Yeah, oh so it's based on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a Simpsons pinball machine.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Oh okay. This whole time, I was like, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 12: Dude?
Speaker 2: What's your name again? Far Dosa. I hope to be seeing you in every movie, Yes, you will. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 13: I hope to see you guys on my Instagrams and social media's I hope.
Speaker 12: To see you.
Speaker 9: I hope.
Speaker 2: I actually don't see you on social media only because in my ideal version of life, I've thrown my phone in a landfill and it's it's in it's a dolphin. It's inside of a dolphin or something, a dolphin ate it is oh this, Oh yeah, well that's that's a that's a phone that I use as a camera.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 13: Interesting. Interesting, You're a very interesting guy.
Speaker 1: You're a very interesting guy.
Speaker 13: I'm so glad I meet you.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. I'm glad. I'm so glad I met you. For those I'll uh, I'll see you around the universe.
Speaker 13: Okay, is your real name?
Speaker 2: My name is Lyle FARDA. Very nice to meet you. I'll see you around the universe. Good luck with all your hopes and dreams have a seed. What's your name, sar, Oh, here have it. I'll let you get settled.
Speaker 5: My name is Peter.
Speaker 1: Peter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nice to meet you.
Speaker 8: Nice to meet you, Peter, like like the rabbit pretty much, that's weird coming from a get go.
Speaker 1: Peter. What's up man?
Speaker 6: Not much?
Speaker 8: I look, he came out here to get some coffee and then it got like so crowded your so fast that dude's been flexing behind us, Like the entire interview is still Yeah, he's still there.
Speaker 1: This guy there, he just he just whoa that guy's rip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, that could totally kick my am.
Speaker 1: I allowed to cuss here, you'd say whatever you want.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that dude could totally kick my ass just like one hundred percent.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How does that feel?
Speaker 2: Because I also, like, uh, I think like in in olden days or whatever, like you had to be ready to protect yourself from like other whatever tribes that were gonna kill you or like lions or whatever.
Speaker 1: But we've evolved past that where like it's totally fine to just be weak, you know.
Speaker 5: I totally agree that there's this.
Speaker 8: Debate going online right now about gorillas. Gorillas versus one hundred men.
Speaker 5: Where are you on this?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a debate going on online about could one hundred men kill one gorilla?
Speaker 1: But that does does that debate? Like what shape are these guys in?
Speaker 5: So here's the thing.
Speaker 8: Everybody's assuming it's a silver backed gorilla, right, And I was just arguing with my roommate about it this morning, Like it is a very heated debate. There are people going on for hour is talking about this. I personally think the gorilla would like like like rip anybody apart. Even if assume all one hundred people are attacking at the same time, there's.
Speaker 2: No way logistically one hundred people cannot attack one thing at a time.
Speaker 8: No, that would require like everybody working towards one common goal. And as I highly doubt that's gonna work in the society right now.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was messing around with my ones and twos. Yeah, I guess it would require everyone be at a common goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, even even like coordinated one hundred people to they can they like okay, obviously, like people have been able to sedate a gorilla before in history, but they have tools. This is a conversation about there's no tools, No, no, you have to use your bare hands.
Speaker 5: If it's a hundred of that guy, I think I think we might have.
Speaker 1: Not no, no, no, A hundred of that guy probably could do it.
Speaker 5: I don't, I don't. I don't see it.
Speaker 8: Man, I gotta be like I just I hope mister Beast doesn't like catch onto this because we're.
Speaker 5: Screwed if that happens.
Speaker 1: A hundred of me couldn't do it.
Speaker 8: I think one hundred geckos might be able. They got a shot there. You know, y'all can climb up walls and shit, I feel like there's a shot. What do you think about all day?
Speaker 7: Peter?
Speaker 8: Honestly, I work at Trader Joe's right now. I just recently moved to New York. All I'm thinking about is how much I hate my master's program and I'm just trying to find a better job.
Speaker 1: Why do you hate your master's program?
Speaker 9: I don't even know.
Speaker 5: Where to start with that one.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: I guess it kind of stems down to I just want to make sure I got sustainability for my family because I'm the first generation cool and like, I got a ton of family kind of depending on me making sure I do everything.
Speaker 5: And I guess the safest way possible.
Speaker 1: You've got a ton of where is your family?
Speaker 5: So I'm Egyptian, but a lot of them reside over in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Okay, and they're and you're the first generation to go. So are they Are they counting on you to like hook them up?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 5: I got a brother, shout out my brother Mark.
Speaker 8: He is he's actually doing pretty well while he works in the er, so you know, no pressure at all, but it's going pretty good.
Speaker 5: I studied engineering, but I also work in film and TV when I can.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if things don't work out for you that your brother can hook everyone up.
Speaker 8: Oh I'm praying I get to mooch off of him as soon as he finishes his residency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So I mean, look as long as he's as long as one of the other brothers. It's look at someone in their family is doing something sensible. Why not go study TV?
Speaker 8: That's such a good yo, can I get I'll get my mom on the line and see if you can convince such a convincing argument. And honestly, I think I think you might be able to win that argument. I'm not gonna lie, But what like, what got you to New York if you don't wind me asking.
Speaker 1: What brought me to New York?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Uh, the truth.
Speaker 2: Well, so I was living in Los Angeles for a well, I grew up in Baltimore, and then I started doing this in my mom's basement in Baltimore for I did that for like a couple of years, and then I moved out to Los Angeles for a couple of years, and then, uh, you know, I always wanted to be in a big city because I love like this. I love like being being around tons of people and being able to do whatever I want. And you know, and you know, New York's close to Baltimore, so it's kind of a perfect place for me to live. So that that's like the main reason I came here.
Speaker 5: It sounds like it's a really good situation for you, and I feel like you're doing pretty well.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks man. No, No, New York.
Speaker 2: New York has been uh has been nice. The only problem with it is it's like, uh uninhabitably expensive, yes, sir, yeah, yeah, it's like twice as expensive as anywhere else on the planet that you could go to live.
Speaker 5: I I why is a water bottle three dollars?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 1: Now I three, it was getting three at least five. Well, what kind of water bottle?
Speaker 8: My brother in Christ? It was not a Saratoga. It was literally just like an aquafina.
Speaker 1: Probably have you ever seen those Visco water bottles?
Speaker 5: Visco Risco, Visio.
Speaker 1: You guys know what I'm talking.
Speaker 5: Boss boss Okay, boss us ones. You're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've seen them. I don't. I don't get it. I like Fiji water, but that's just me treating myself. But like they all taste a lot, it does not taste the same. I'm not Society is my favorite.
Speaker 2: I bet there's no one on the planet. There's a guy over there with a cat on his shoulder, as majestic as fuck. Oh my god, that's so awesome.
Speaker 1: Hold on, there's a guy with a thing. We're gonna get d M c A. That's fine, Who cares?
Speaker 6: Why do they?
Speaker 1: It's honestly such. It's dystopian that they even make Fiji water, isn't it.
Speaker 8: It's dystopian that water is not a human right? Any chance you saw that un meeting?
Speaker 2: I'm too busy watching videos ranking all the warrior wear games.
Speaker 8: I'll break it down for you. There's two countries that decided water was not a human right. Oh god, one is the United States and the other one is Israel and all of the other ones tried to make water a human right, and now water is not a human right.
Speaker 5: Great time to be alive, Am I right?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Water is ah? Well, okay, at least it's diet coca human right.
Speaker 5: I wish, brother, it would. It would definitely make my life easier.
Speaker 2: That'll take Which one do you think will be easier to pass, like making diet coca human right or making water human right?
Speaker 8: Considering Coca Cola has a lot of like pockets in higher end lobbies. I'm pretty I feel like I'm pretty sure Coca Cola could probably get it passed faster because they wouldn't make more money out of it, sadly, we.
Speaker 1: Would they make would I guess they would make less money if it was a human right?
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, no, brother, you think Coca Cola is everywhere, it would get even worse. Like, I'm pretty sure the second they can access our dreams, we're gonna be getting commercials as we sleep.
Speaker 1: Do you think that? Do you think that that's the future we're heading towards?
Speaker 5: I got I hope not.
Speaker 2: I work.
Speaker 8: I'd studied computer engineering. I do a lot of hardware and software work. And yeah, they assume all these tech guys really like have like such high intellct that they should be making these political decisions.
Speaker 5: And I truly don't think so.
Speaker 2: But bro, the tech guys are like, they're like Thanos, where they're like I have gotten to a point of intelligence where I have decided that we should eradicate half the human race, and I am so smart that I should be allowed to.
Speaker 5: Do it, dude.
Speaker 8: But the thing is, we gave them this intelligence to make them think that they're this smart. Everybody just assumes, oh, I don't know how to code, but these guys do so boom automatically. I'm gonna have faith that these guys should make the decisions.
Speaker 5: You should have seen.
Speaker 8: Do you remember when Mark Zuckerberg went to Congress and you saw him drink of water like like a fucking alien.
Speaker 1: You're just like, yeah, he has done a lot of like lizard ass shit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dude, it's it is what it is. I wish I had a better answer. Again, I'm only twenty seven and I just want to work on movies. I gave up working in tech. It's it's too depressing.
Speaker 2: But you know what, the crazy you know what, I have these sort of like I have no set in stone philosophy. Of course I think it'd be crazy too, But I have this weird thing where it's like, look, all right, first of all, I mean like Mark Zuckerberg and like all the like whatever guys who are like the stroying the planet. It almost I have like a weirdly and this might be defeatist, but I have a weird thing where I'm like, oh, everything that's happening is what was supposed to happen, like like the downfall of human society, Like whatever happened is what was supposed to happen, because it happened.
Speaker 5: So that's the idea of if free if we do we really have free will?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I you know, I'm cop to Christian.
Speaker 8: I'm a very like my type of orthodoxy is like a very very old school type ship and it's very hard to kind of grasp the idea that we we we do have free will. And I'm I wish I was smart enough to have that answer, but I don't know, well, I don't think it's a question of being smart. I don't think anyone there is no Like, I'm.
Speaker 5: Sure somebody's got to ride.
Speaker 8: There's like eight billion people somebody, somebody's got to be in the basement being like this, there's.
Speaker 2: No you can't scientifically prove or it's and I mean maybe I'm also not smart enough. Brother, I just sat down to talk to a get Yes. Yeah, but it's like I I reading that said like some smart science philosophy douche guy said something where he was like, there almost is no free will because you do what you do because of how because of who you are. And I do believe that and who you are is kind of in your control. That's that's all it's up for me.
Speaker 5: I think it is.
Speaker 8: But also we're kind of genetically from our parents, so like the first eighteen years, you're kind of getting a lot of what they like to that to you, your dad's a superhero.
Speaker 5: He's like one of four people you've ever met.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that's either really good, really bad, or like fucking your therapist is gonna tell you, Like I'm I'm not too sure where like somebody could stand because I know people can change, like I've seen it totally and like a lot of a lot of people don't even believe that. And I do think a lot of the choices we make are based off the experiences we've had.
Speaker 5: Some people have had a very privileged.
Speaker 8: Life and they don't really understand what a struggle is, or they have no reason to kind of look into politics because it doesn't affect them directly, versus somebody who's struggling, who actually needs to see the change happen fast, but they don't have the connections needed to make that happen.
Speaker 2: You know, it is true that, like, yeah, your experiences make who you are, and you can't you can't exactly choose your experiences.
Speaker 1: So I guess I don't know. Sometimes I like it, you know what, you know what it is my my my.
Speaker 2: My philosophy on whether or not there is free will or determinism depends on how lazy I'm feeling that day. Fun because because if I'm feeling lazy and I don't want to do anything, I I I relinquish the guilt by being like, well, I was never gonna do anything anyway.
Speaker 1: And then if I'm feeling motivated, I'm like, no, we have free will. I can change, we can change.
Speaker 5: This, No, I agree, And also, yeah, it's also a mind state thing. I think you're right.
Speaker 8: I can totally see that happening with a lot of different people, and people get self motivated all the time to try to make stuff happen, and maybe that's cause change.
Speaker 5: I don't, I'm not too sure.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 8: The man, do you do you think that it's possible that we can like one eighty everything that's going on right now in this world one eighty?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not a that's like that saying that we can one eighty everything that's going on is like saying that there's like a it's to say that everything going on is some kind of mathematical equation.
Speaker 5: One hundred and twenty, like not everything, but just like one little.
Speaker 2: Like fucking just but again it's like, well, you can't put like numbers on it, that's true, you know, it's like every there's there's no it's not like everything going on is not a mathematical equation. It's just it's it's this intangible weird goo that neither of us can understand because we're not supercomputers or even I don't even know if a super computer can understand it.
Speaker 1: Oh god, do you like to smoke weed and play video games?
Speaker 5: You smoke weed? Sorry?
Speaker 7: Mom?
Speaker 16: Uh yeah, no, I mean it's a good way to help with your anxiety. It's either that or or oh yeah, bro, my my, I was Okay, let me tell you something. I started taking solof five weeks ago. For the past five weeks, I've been like, this sucks. I'm getting off of it. I'm talking to my sych today, I'm telling him he's an asshole. And then today I was like, you know what, he was right and.
Speaker 4: Zoloft.
Speaker 2: It's been bad. I don't know if it's a zolof. I don't know if it's the weather. But I'm feeling good today and today's all we got so that.
Speaker 8: Sun man, Peter, even though geckos could get zolof, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh we have a that's what we run on, Peter, is anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: It's been a pleasure.
Speaker 8: And yeah, my name is Peter as me and I'm definitely gonna look this up whenever this airs.
Speaker 1: I hope. Cool.
Speaker 7: What is this on?
Speaker 1: By the way, It's on YouTube and Spotify and stuff.
Speaker 6: Oh cool?
Speaker 5: Well, it was a nice meeting, Peter pleasure.
Speaker 1: I'll uh hopefully I'll see you in whatever the afterlife is hell?
Speaker 5: Yes, man, I believe geckos can go to heaven later.
Speaker 1: Brother, what am I gonna be back in the park?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: I don't know on every nice day? What's your name? My name is Jules's jewels. My name is Lyle. Dear god, Jules. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 15: I'm honestly I just wanted to talk about whatever you wanted to talk about.
Speaker 2: All right, I want to talk about. Oh you want to talk Let's talk about food.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love food. That's your favorite food. We don't have to do anything crazy, dang, Like I really like food. Maybe sushi great, French fries are great. I was supposed to fast today. I woke up today and I was like, let me fast.
Speaker 13: No, don't do that. Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: Well to lose weight because you don't want food. Food is a tricky because it's a vice and it's a pleasure. I was just talking about this on the podcast yesterday of like, I'm curious what your take is is.
Speaker 1: Fat?
Speaker 2: Being disciplined with food and exercise feels good, but indulgence as we know also feels good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know where to toe the line necessarily.
Speaker 15: So I have like pretty big food allergies, and like not eating specific foods is like annoying and hard, but like, I also really love eating food, so I don't I think eating is better. Honestly, yeah, eating is better.
Speaker 1: Guys, what's your name again? Jewels? Jewels, Jewels? What's who are you? I'm Jewels, Robin. Okay, I'm from La.
Speaker 15: I heard you say you were from La.
Speaker 2: I'm not from La. I lived there for a little bit. Oh, Jewls, can you just keep the microphone?
Speaker 9: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Oh that breezes from the fat the wind.
Speaker 15: It's kind of a little nice though, It's.
Speaker 1: Really fucking nice. Do you live here now or are you in town?
Speaker 13: I go to Yo?
Speaker 1: Okay? How's are you freshman?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 1: Oh ship all right, so you're like nude? What are you eighteen? I'm twenty twenty?
Speaker 2: Okay, so your how's being a? How's being twenty? At NYU? That sounds fun as fuck.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 15: New York is awesome, especially with the weather. I honestly like literally when it was called outside, New York was like horrible. It's disgusting. It's disgusting when it's called but now that the weather's nice, like, I love it here.
Speaker 1: What do you study?
Speaker 15: I take a business.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you hope to be a be a business person? Yes? What kind of business you want to do?
Speaker 15: I want to work in healthcare.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 15: You know, I don't think i'd be like the most amazing doctor, so I feel like I could help in like a business aspect.
Speaker 1: You know, you want to raise those insulin prices.
Speaker 13: No, I want to lower them.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you make more money if you've raised them. That's it's better.
Speaker 2: Hold on, okay, look, humanity, it's better for business if they if they go up.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but God willing, I will have a husband and I will not have to worry about being the primary Tarey kicker caretaker in like the money sense, Okay, I'll be able to put the insulin prices down.
Speaker 2: So I will pray that you have a husband who has a good job so that insulin prices can go down.
Speaker 15: Yes, I'll keep it. I'll keep the insulin rices down. Vote for me for healthcare and a really really.
Speaker 1: Good gonna live on the internet.
Speaker 2: But hold on when you get in like business, classes, are they not like, all right, here's how we're gonna make everything cost more money so that we can do more business.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 15: Actually, right now I'm in like a microeconomics class. Shout out to Isakar beginning, you're awesome teacher, And we learn all about how like global warming sucks and how like the CEOs need to like work harder on like keeping like the economy like leveled out and like helping out with like the city and everyone who lives in it and the people who and all this money that they have, all this money that they have, and now they just have to like help everyone out at the bottom. Like, my classes are awesome.
Speaker 5: I love them.
Speaker 9: Nice.
Speaker 1: What's the best thing you've eaten here and New York?
Speaker 9: I eat a lot here.
Speaker 15: It's like there's so many food places best. That's a hard question. I don't know if that's possible.
Speaker 1: What about a pizza?
Speaker 13: I don't I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 13: I'm not a pizza.
Speaker 2: You don't eat walking pizza, I've do any of you not eat pizza? You don't eat pizza? Oh you eat pizza with a fork and everyone eats pizza. No, one doesn't eat pizza. Man, one doesn't eat pizza.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 13: I don't say it proudly. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I don't say proudly like that's not I don't know.
Speaker 15: It's never like been like the whole like the whole situation for me.
Speaker 13: But I'm also I'm also gluten and dairy free.
Speaker 1: Also embarrassing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, so like the sauce, I don't know, I don't. I don't like feel they need to drink tomato sauce on like the days of the week.
Speaker 1: This is incredibly anti climactic.
Speaker 2: But this conversation has made me very hungry, and I think I think, I think I'm done interviewing for the day. I think I'm gonna get I'm gonna smoke some of the weed that the guy gave me earlier and eat something. Go do that, Julie, Jules, Jewels, jewels, get bring us home, jewels, anything else you want to say to the people of the computer.
Speaker 15: We love you, We love New York. And seasonal depression is real, and I hope you're feeling great today.
Speaker 2: Sure, goddamn is, have a good one, Julis. Thank you very much for talking you around the universe. Bye, folks, this has been being a gecko at Washington Square Park. Let me know in the I'm curious. Let me know in the comments if you guys like the I r L episodes. I love doing them. They're my favorite ones to do, between the gek males and the in studio ones and the the the the these.
Speaker 1: Ones I love.
Speaker 2: I love doing this stuff. I love getting to meet people. I I hope that you guys get to enjoy ye vite.
Speaker 1: Oh we have a way.
Speaker 13: I got this from someone.
Speaker 15: I got this from someone in the park.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wanted to pass it on. Let me see.
Speaker 2: It says fuck forget repeat and there's a QR code on it and it's two guys kissing. I will be scanning this QR code when I get home. Yeah, let me know in the comments of Spotify or YouTube if you like these episodes.
Speaker 1: I I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel I take a lot of enjoyment getting to meet all these people that I just wouldn't have been able to meet if I if I weren't dressed as a gecko in the park. So I hope that you're enjoying vicariously meeting them through this podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for listening. Thanks for sitting through the ads.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to me ramble and rants, and uh, I'll catch you guys on the next one yet.
Speaker 1: Bless you all.