Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveek, Romain, Bostik, and Scarlet.
Speaker 3: Food to the s and P five hundred once again to the split there two hundred and fifty names, guys, to the upside, Scarlett two hundred and forty one to the downside, three unchanged.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take a look at the IMAP, and clearly it's very lopsided because the biggest sectors are communication services, tech and consumer discretionary, and they are the biggest gainers as well. Communication services formerly the telecom group up four percent as a group, pretty incredible, Tech up two and a half percent. Consumer Discretionary which includes Amazon retailers, homebuilders, and carmakers, that group is up one point eight percent. The only decliners are two of the smallest sectors, energy and consumer stables.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, let me get to some of the individual gainers. I mentioned.
Speaker 3: Semiconductors definitely on a tear today. They were up the socks up about four point six percent today session. And then I would just want to highlight a couple of names, because you did see a bunch of semi names atop the S and P five hundred, and I think also the Nasdaq one hundred. In fact, Broadcom is your number one gainer in both the S and P and the NASDAC. Guys, it is up eleven percent in today's session. Take a look at Micron, also top gainer in the S and P five hundred. That's good for a gain of about eight percent. It too is a top gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred. Couple things going on. You had Micron price target raised to three thirty eight from three to twenty five. Over At Morgan Stanley has an overweight on the shar's Memory stocks have sold off lately due to concerns about higher cap capital spending on the view that shortages may be easy, but neither impacts the firm's view, according to the analyst, one other thing, I just want to mention h blah blah blah HSBC on Broadcom, specifically just pointing out the company's work with Google to develop TPUs or tensor processing units for more than a decade. So HSBC adjusting its price target on the shares to five thirty five from four hundred and maintaining a buy rating.
Speaker 5: So I mean just the semiconductors on fire.
Speaker 3: Speaking of being on fire, alphabet, I believe this one finished at another record in today's session. It was up about six point three percent. It is up nearly seventy percent year today, so easily outpacing the other mag seven brethren, if you will, been on a tear. We talked last week about glowing reviews for its newly released.
Speaker 5: Gemini AI model.
Speaker 3: And then, just to throw in something non tech, EW Scripts up about seven and a half percent. Sinclair, one of the largest USTv broadcasters, offering to acquire ew Scripts for seven dollars a share in cash and stock marking another proposed consolidation of station owners. By the way, that share price offers seventy percent premium over Scripts clothes on November twenty first, So a lot of Apper four armers two at choose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, easy job finding the out performers today. I want to start with some of the underperformers. Novo nordis down five point six percent. These are ADRs traded here in the US, and at one point they fell at the lowest level in more than four years. The company did say that a pill version, novosampic, failed to slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease in two late stage studies. We spoke to Madison Muller on our program a little earlier. She's been covering the industry for years, and the question that she said is, Okay, what does Novo Nordisk end up deciding to do. Do they still pursue Alzheimer's as a potential area for this drug, or do they not do another study and kind of abandon it altogether. Also, shares of Copart among the worst performers in the S and P five hundred, down four and a half percent. This is the online vehicle salvage auction company. Shares today touching the loess since twenty twenty three. JP Morgan analyst J. Josh Potswell lowered the price target on the company to forty five dollars from fifty dollars and finally, Performance Food Group down two point three percent. Shares fell as much as five percent earlier in the session, this after US Food said it's no longer pursuing a combination with the company. US Food shares a rose on the news.
Speaker 6: All right, let's take a look at what the bond market did today. Pretty quiet overall, though you did see a bit of a rally develop here, especially when it comes to further out the curve. You take a look at the ten year treasure yield down about three basis points, we are still above four percent. A little bit more when it comes to the thirty year yield down about you can round that to about four basis points or so. Overall, it does feel like when the ten year yield where it stands here to date, it just can't reliably break below four percent.
Speaker 5: I wonder what that very much rangebond? Yeah, indeed on to it. Yeah, maybe they're just waiting for that FED meeting.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about Mary Daly, you know, another one coming out saying she thinks, you know, we could get or she supports lowering interest rates come December. I kind of I'm trying to keep check of all of the FED speakers and whether or not we're seeing more momentum when it comes to folks supporting another rate cut.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess the question is where's the data that they're looking at? What is the data that they have that I was telling them, Okay, there are concerns about the labor market. We certainly have the alternative data, but we missed some data when it came to the closure. So you know, the question is what's the FED going to Is the FED going to be comfortable with the data that it has to make a decision on December tenth.
Speaker 6: Well, soon we'll be in the blackout period and we won't have any FED speaking. We'll just have to wait for the decision itself. But just quickly here, we are getting some earnings this coming out of Zoom. Third quarter adjusted EPs coming in at a dollar and fifty two cents. That is better than the estimate for a dollar and forty four cents. In terms of the look ahead, they see fourth quarter revenue at one point two three billion dollars to one point two four billion dollars. The estimate had been for one point two to three billion dollars, so the midpoint of that range just slightly above the estimate. You can see the Zoom shares higher by just about two percent in the after hours trade down the.
Speaker 2: Stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.