Speaker 1: That's a cute Caine, like a cute Mi scal bought it for me and I was like, he had to go pick up my man gesture, and I was like, I don't know if you're making fun of me or not, but either way it's useful, so it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh no, he's not making fun of you. Well yeah, yeah he is, that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah you better me.
Speaker 2: Well, hello, hi Dody, you're upright. I am very minded.
Speaker 1: I'm upright, uh but barely and I can't like sit all the way back or move so.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I fell down my stairs, Jody, but like really.
Speaker 1: Felt not like oops I missed it, like like fell.
Speaker 3: Down my stairs, fell and you couldn't get up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I've never hurt my back before, like I've you know, I've got bruises and bumps in this, but never have I like hurt myself to where like you can't move your legs or like stanp because the just the shooting pain is unbearable. And uh yeah, I had stuff in my hands, had these stupid sandals on that I've fallen down in before, so those are now out.
Speaker 3: I threw them away at there done.
Speaker 1: No anyways, I have like water bottles and a couple of other things in my hand, and I'm going down the stairs to come podcasts. Right like, this was all set up. I literally had everything plugged in.
Speaker 3: I was ready to go.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I'll come downstairs, I'll get coffee. I had showered and everything. Yeah, and my feet shot out straight in front of me and I landed like on the next step down on just on my spine and right like the the lower right tailbone pelvis spine area.
Speaker 2: Ohh. And I was like in a ball.
Speaker 1: Mescal luckily was working from home, and he came running down was like, are you okay? And I just was like no, I was like crying like my back tried.
Speaker 3: To get up. I couldn't. I had to like.
Speaker 1: Slide down the thing and sort of crawl over to the couch, and even then I could only be in like one position, and even that was awful. So trying to get in the car to go to the emergency room was fun. I had to like lay down, lay the seat back and literally get on my knees and get in there and just sort of prop myself up and seat built in as best I could. Yeah, and then dy when we got to the emergency room. Of course, they're doing construction, so the emergency room is totally different than it used to be, and they've taken over where you used to be able to park or pull in for like an emergency and unload the car.
Speaker 3: Whatever that is now the waiting area. Oh geez.
Speaker 1: So there's just a little small, like red curb, and then there's like nine thousand yards to get up to, you know.
Speaker 2: Where you can even check in. Oh come, I couldn't walk. I could I.
Speaker 1: Couldn't lift my feet off the ground, so I was taking little shuffling slide steps of about three to four inches at a time.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, oh Joe, and I couldn't And.
Speaker 1: Everyone that walked by was like, do you need a wheelchair? I was like, I can't sit, so I'd love one, but no, and people were just.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I was like, ah, I'd go for like ten feet maybe not even like ten steps, and then just have to stop and breathe and cry because it was just so painful. You thought I might have fractured my spine because of the amount of pain that I was in and my limited mobility, but I did not, So they took me back got me a little X ray. I did not break anything, but I just really severely have.
Speaker 3: Like a really horribly.
Speaker 1: Pinched nerve in my back and coughing, breathing, laying down, standing up, sitting down.
Speaker 3: It just all hurts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the rub is that you can't there's.
Speaker 1: No like, there's literally no comfortable position like sleeping at night. I can sleep on my left side, but then I'll go to roll over in the middle of the night and just scream because it wakes me up because it's like just shooting pain.
Speaker 2: When I roll over. So no, it's not fun.
Speaker 1: And mostly I'm just pissed because I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, then I can't go to the gym.
Speaker 1: Now I can't do like getting up to go get coffee is an ordeal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's such ad.
Speaker 1: But I also I'm like, I don't want to sit still and do nothing around me. But yeah, it's this is not this is not fun. It could have been way worse. I mean, I didn't break anything, for arms, limbs back.
Speaker 2: Thought you'd break something when I heard it, when I were.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I can't I broke something honestly, when I was on the bottom of the stairs and just had this shooting like pain up my back but nothing really in my legs until I moved.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, did I I thought too. I was like, did I break my back?
Speaker 1: Because I've you know, wooden steps and it just yea, all that landed on it Lizma spine. So anyway, I'm okay, I'll be okay. But I have a cute little cane. I love that scal got me and.
Speaker 2: That's adorable and it does help.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yeah, because I have to.
Speaker 2: I just can't.
Speaker 1: Even if I bear weight on my right leg, it sends shooting pain up my back. So uh yeah, I really did something to myself.
Speaker 2: This is a preview of the Golden years. God says, exactly right, but it's going to be.
Speaker 1: I'm living in a one story house, I'll tell you that much. One story house with a lunai.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's all I can handle.
Speaker 1: So speaking of uh well, we weren't really speaking of anything other than my back. But one thing that I that I can do is like sit in this office chair because it's big and the arms fold up so I can kind of swivel in and I but I have my little over here in the corners my little Lego area behind the curtains, and I'm currently building Notre Dame, which is gigantic. So I'm building Notre Dame and John and Staymos texted me about something and then sends me a pick sure, and he goes, look what He's like, Oh, oh, I know what it was. It was about the the full house Lego set that I posted about that me and my friend John's sosists have been designing for the Lego Creation series or whatever, and John had reposted it.
Speaker 3: For us, and he's like, oh, my gosh, how do we get this made?
Speaker 1: This is amazing, like we want to know, and then he text He goes, I've just been really into Legos lately. Look what I'm doing right now, and he texts me he's building the Disney Castle, of course, but now he's lighting it because there's like little lighting systems that you can get for so we nerded out.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, look what I'm building right now.
Speaker 1: And so we nerd it out about legos and what a pain it is to light them after you've built them, and my gosh, just all kinds of stuff. I was like, I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: That I have a fellow Lego dude in the family.
Speaker 1: He's like, it's just so great, it's so meditatd I was like, right, just it's I just follow the instructions. I just look and I go and that's it. No one asks anything of me. I don't have to do anything. I can just yeah, it's lovely. So anyway, I love the Notre Dame is half built.
Speaker 2: Of the fact that you both have kids, but you're not building Legos with your kids. You're building like you're building.
Speaker 1: The advanced sets, like no, God no, and also like two person lego building not great, not great, because then you're like, well, now you did this, and then I got it. It just I don't know something about legos or a it's a solitary or maybe it's just because I'm an only child.
Speaker 2: I don't like to show my poice. So you're building Lego sets of all the places you're going to visit on your europe trip are you going to.
Speaker 1: And we're not going to Notre dom I just I have always loved the cathedral. I've I always thought it was beautiful. When it burnt down, I sat sobbing watching TV. I've never been there in my life. But something about it is just it's a it's just incredibly like important and I love it, and so I followed along this past five years that they've been restoring it, which just why Miscoal got it for me, because I have been.
Speaker 2: Obsessed with the restoration process.
Speaker 1: And how they found are who could replicate exactly the manner in which everything was built. So they built it exactly as it would have been.
Speaker 3: Built at the time.
Speaker 2: In what that's cool fourteen sixteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: They used all hand tools, art artisans to recreate everything, Like it's all thousands of people that they brought in from all over the world who pla practice traditional architectural building construction skills and got them all kind of in the same spot and they did. They rebuilt Notre domin in five years, which was astounded. So anyway, partially my out little sorry, just especially the little thing. And then it's cool because you go step by step and it tells you at each point like, oh, this was what was built up until eleven sixty two, and there's.
Speaker 3: Like little history in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you're jam supersts, like this is history.
Speaker 2: Legos grow into true crime and you will be it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I switch back and forth.
Speaker 1: I go, you know, I'll watch like I'll be watching like Dexter or American Primeval, and then I'll be like, I need some true crimes. So then I'll go over to like a you Know what Happened to? Or the Cold Case of or you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got a whole little system in there. I got a little a little lamp. I got a little place for my iPad to sit so I can watch and it doesn't take up desk space.
Speaker 3: Oh that's much needed.
Speaker 1: I love a little got a little puzzle organizer separation thing so that I can separate the lego pieces as I'm going into with each bag, so that I.
Speaker 2: Know what's what. Wow, this is a This is an impressive system.
Speaker 3: Organization.
Speaker 1: Never sounded cooler than I have in the last nine.
Speaker 3: Minutes and eleven seconds.
Speaker 1: First of all, I fell down, and I've got a cane and I'm building legos.
Speaker 3: Welcome to my exciting life. Guys, Hey, don't you want to be mean?
Speaker 2: You want to sweet his gold? Oh yeah, that's hysterical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goals.
Speaker 1: If you're like, I don't know either a nine year old or.
Speaker 2: A nine year old nine right one?
Speaker 3: Or the other and everything in between.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so this is a if I just keep moving around. Let us. You don't know why.
Speaker 1: It's because I'm trying to support, Like I literally to sit and reach for something. I don't realize how much ab and back it takes on my right side to like grab something from over here, and so it's like I'll go to do that, and it just that's okay.
Speaker 2: You just you grunt grown shift around like don't yeah, you know, I got it doesn't bother me, shall we? Well, no, I've got it's our Our girls have birthdays this week, Felicity. That's Atricity. It's eighteen today. Oh my god, I don't that's right.
Speaker 3: She's a couple days before.
Speaker 2: So I don't have any minor children anymore. Like I'm freaking out about this.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you are no longer legally responsible for their choice.
Speaker 2: I woke up Felicity this morning. I said, I want the rent check by five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, the rent check. I want this room clean up. I want but yeah, you want to live here. Guess what now I don't have to provide for you.
Speaker 3: Now it's all yourself.
Speaker 2: Phone making a good option for me here's a car insurance in boys. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: These kids man, they yeah, they're like, oh it's so expensive and they'll buy something at like you know whatever. I'm like, you have you are so in for like oh wake up, right, yeah, when the bills start happening to you particularly now, but right, I mean, look, that's if we have cell phones in dangers. Who knows, you know, we might just yeah, my cell phone towers, they might all be done.
Speaker 2: You know, who knows what's gonna happen. Who knows. But yeah, eighteen eighty, I know, it's very it's it's unreal. I can't believe it. And Zoe's going to be seventeen.
Speaker 1: She'll be seventeen on April twelve. We're going to do dinner at a towel tomorrow night here in in La. That was where she could ease. And so it's going to be us and her sister and her new boyfriend and we're gonna go to tow and then yeah, it should be really nice.
Speaker 3: But I her I fell down.
Speaker 1: The stairs and I was like, uh, because she's coming over from school today to get her hair done, because I was like, she needs your hair done, un her nails you know, you got of course, I'll be all fancy for your birthday. But she is coming over today and I was like, well, the scal's gonna have to pick you up. I can't drive you, oh because of my back or whatever.
Speaker 2: She's like oh.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I have a cane. She's like what the cane?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, no, no, it's not that serious.
Speaker 1: She's like, no, no, no, I just mean like for Friday, you're gonna be walking around in a can.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be embarrassed. You know.
Speaker 3: She was more concerned or more embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little bit of both, but I think it was probably a little more embarrassed.
Speaker 2: That's that's the primary concern. Now.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, I should get one of those with them. I'm gonna put a horn on it. I'm gonna like wrap it in lights, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: If we're gonna go for it, you might decorate the hell out of this thing like I did my little knee school.
Speaker 2: Knee scooter was so great. The knee scooter.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I have a future in uh in like like pimp my ride, but for medical devices, you know what I mean. Like pimp my knee scooter or pimp my cane.
Speaker 3: It's going to be That's what it is.
Speaker 1: That's my show when I'm older, is I'm gonna just trick out people's.
Speaker 3: M my scooter, my scooter.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite stories. So for people that don't know what we're talking about, Jody broke her ankle in season two three three three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because remember we did that amazing season three opener dance last summer ever with me sitting in a lifeguard tower.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're the only caspever that actually has dancing screen you couldn't.
Speaker 3: Dance, the only one that can dance.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, sorry, I'm sitting this one out, guys.
Speaker 2: So Jody had this little knee scooter so she could still get around the set, you know, because I real weight bearing on that on that ankle. So this was just you know, it was in every single set, every single addressed and everything. And so one time we were I don't know if it was a Thursday pre tape day or an audience show. I think it was a pre tape day. Do you remember what? Do you know what I'm about to say?
Speaker 1: Oh, when I left it, when I left it in the suit.
Speaker 3: You left it in the scene and no one.
Speaker 1: Nobody we were halfway Patty, Patty, A lot of people was like she didn't notice. So like the second or third day she was like, oh my god, oh and she's like, this is my I didn't even think of it because everyone was just so used to it. And it's not like it blended in. Okay, it had like a little basket, like a little pink basket on it had a bell. The electrics department and props gave me made me a little custom uh for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, how Rude's so amazing. Yeah, that just became like a like an extra limb for you. Like we were so used to seeing Legit was in the.
Speaker 1: Scene that were like, no idea, just no idea. It was the Starbucks cup of the Fuller House.
Speaker 2: Episode did we have did Stephanie?
Speaker 3: Did they have your character break her leg?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, but it wasn't for like I think it was like episode three. So for the first few episodes of the.
Speaker 1: Season, I was a house Strategically, I was sitting, I was folding a lot of laundry. I was sitting making a lot of sandwiches, seated at the counter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Oh man, man, Marie. That's what the cane reminds me of is when you had then scooter.
Speaker 3: I know I should keep all this stuff.
Speaker 1: You should have crutches. I've got crutches in here I go. Now, I'm gonna got a cane.
Speaker 2: Addy, You're gonna have a whole like medical supply room.
Speaker 1: Rend this stuff out. You know, Hey, anybody needed seven ninety nine a day. Make my money back on it in no time.
Speaker 2: Rent Jody Sweeten's cane for seventeen.
Speaker 3: Oh that's even better.
Speaker 2: There we go. This is this is this is your life, Jody Sweeten. Ohdle moment with you and I oh got of it and I love it. No, no, well, I guess we should work today. I guess we should. Actually, I guess we should do we can whatever. Welcome back to Howard you Tannerto's I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jody Broken. Yes you are, and today we're discussing season four, episode seventeen, A Fish Called mar which is a play on the nineteen eighty eight movie A Fish Called Wanda with Jamie Lee Curtis. Yeah, fantastic, good.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't think I ever saw fish called Wanda.
Speaker 2: I don't think I ever saw it either, but I like Jamieie Curtis, is she actually a fish? I don't know was her name Wanda? I don't know. We should have asked her. She was the bouncer is in John's Oh that's John's birthday? Hey? She was like, do you have a bracelet? And we're like, are you jame Lee Gardas. Yeah, it was so weird.
Speaker 3: Anyways.
Speaker 2: This episode originally aired February first, nineteen ninety one, and it goes a little something like this. Michelle gets a hard lesson in proper fish care when she gives her new goldfish Martin an actual bubble bath and things go belly up. Meanwhile, Becky teaches the gang to square dance.
Speaker 1: If that's not a sitcom synopsis, I don't know what is.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: We got a fish in a bubble bath and somebody's teaching square as.
Speaker 2: It seems very normal for sitcom life, you know, like this is the Tanners.
Speaker 1: This is a one most normal thing they've done on the year, right.
Speaker 2: It's true. This episode was directed by Joels Wick. It was written by Leslie Ray and David Stephen Simon and we have one guest star this week, Jason Allen as Bobby.
Speaker 3: The uncredited people hiding in the.
Speaker 2: Show just one, and he had a speaking part like, finally, I feel like we're back on track.
Speaker 3: So they didn't give the fish.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, the fish got nothing.
Speaker 3: Rude?
Speaker 2: How rude?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So Jason Allen, he was a child actor who appeared in three episodes of Step by Step. He was in Hey Dude, Beverly Hills nine O two and zero, and a TV mini series called Vendetta Secrets of a Mafia Bride. Oh okay, I've never seen that one, but okay, so yes. So we start with the teaser in the living room, Michelle is standing in front of Jesse's band, holding her toy guitar and swaying back and forth as they play a song behind her. Here's that studio space again? Is there no other spot to set up the band except right in front of the stairs, Like this is a fire hazard?
Speaker 1: Like, come on, it's true emergency exits need to be open at all times when during business, Like it's right in front of the stairs. I'm like, scoot off, little, just do it on the sidewalk out front. And there's less schlepping involved, exactly. They Yeah, it could be like busking. They could put out some some hats or something, throw some ch bring it, bring it on through the forest, you know, a little flatter. It's a slight incline over like a couple miles. But it's easier than the stairs. Absolutely, absolutely, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Did Jesse just drag those drums up and down the stairs every time he wanted to band rehearsal this, don't pull the thread, don't pull I won't pull the thread. So Jesse grabs Michelle and throws her in the air to finish off their performance, and everyone cheers. Jesse sets her down and takes off her guitar, commending her on an awesome job. Michelle excitedly shouts yay Jesse and thes and Michelle. Jesse takes his place back on stage and asks for any requests. Michelle eagerly raises her hand and says ooh, ooh ooh. Jesse calls on the Young Lady and the pink ensemb and she requests play the do Wa Didty song. We're back to doua Diddy. We did this a few weeks. I haven't left. Yeah, Jesse agrees to this, but mentions that they need a very short backup singer. In response to this, Michelle raises her hand once again and says ooh, ooh, ooh. Jesse calls on her and she states, I'm short. He asks her to do the honor of singing with them, and Michelle says it would be my pleasure. Jesse sets up the mic stand for her, but when she walks up to it, we see that it's way too tall. She looks at Jesse and says, I told you I'm short. He hands her the mic and asks her to count them off. She shouts one, two, buckle my shoe and they start to play. Jesse sings the first line of the song and quickly hands it off to Michelle. She sings, do Diddy Diddy dum diddy do. They go back and forth, with Michelle taking every other line, and then she and Jesse sing together. Michelle finishes the song. Everyone cheers for this little rock star, and then she takes the reins and declares, I'm a little teapot. Hit it boys. I thought this was a I thought the teaser should have ended here, like we did not need to go into the Tikay.
Speaker 1: I was I was gonna wait till you were done with all this, but I was like, this is the This isn't a teaser, this is a you tease nothing, this is this is like a full scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a full scene. This is almost a full episode.
Speaker 1: We had to make dragging those the drums around both okay, I had to give it enough that.
Speaker 3: It Yeah, I could have. I could have done.
Speaker 1: With either do a didy or on a little tight, but both.
Speaker 2: Both felt way too excessive, and I don't know if they just needed to film fill more of the twenty two minutes where they short. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, what it is is that Michelle is incredibly demanding and no one wants to go against her.
Speaker 2: She was like, this is what we're saying, well, and this is one of the first times she's ever had interactions with adults in the house. Like she's supervised. Yeah, she's excited to just get attention.
Speaker 1: She just wandered down while they were all playing music, was like, hey, guys, what are you doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Jesse and the band look at each other with confusion, but Michelle repeats her request with more. She's very demanding in this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said play the Teapot song.
Speaker 2: The Rippers oblige and Michelle sings a rock rendition of the classic I'm a Little Teapot with the dance moves and everything. They finish off the song by Michelle's strumming, Jesse's guitar and shouting rock and roll, and the twenty two minute teaser is finally over.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for the six minutes left for our show. Yeah, yeah, that was that was a long. It was a long unnecessary because it didn't for me, yes, and it didn't tie into the rest of the episode. It was just another well it never does then that's fine when the teaser doesn't can stand alone, but this felt like we were setting it up for something that we're supposed to be invested in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's just just more Michelle. That's it was very cute, But yeah, they could they could have split that into two teasers and used one for the next week, you know. Right. So next in the living room, Becky and Jesse are making out on the couch because that's what you do in this house. Becky pulls away with a huge smile on her face, telling him in one week we'll be saying, I do this came up fast like this?
Speaker 1: Well, remember what was it six weeks or something that they had to play.
Speaker 2: That's like, I know they want to do this on Valentine's Day, but this is so fast.
Speaker 1: They couldn't have They could have picked Valentine's Day in ninety two. You give it a year and a few months, right, give him time. And they were like nope, now it's it's now or never. Well, she didn't want Jesse to, you know, hop in his bike and change his mind again, so she's like, we.
Speaker 2: Gotta do this. That's a real danger. Actually that's a real possibility. Yes, exactly, nab him while he's still there. So Jesse mindlessly asks I do what and Becky grabs a pillow and smacks him across the face with it, and he realizes, oh that that I do right. Becky sarcastically reminds him of their wedding, which will include friends, family, a cake, square dancing, photographers, and Jesse immediately cuts her off in questions, did you just say square and dance in the same sentence?
Speaker 3: What is Becky such a hicic? I don't like this.
Speaker 2: She's like Nebraska it's not it's not. Yeah, it's not Hickland. There there's some lovely people in Nebraska. Shout out to Nebraska, ambassas to Nebraska. I mean it's farm town. But yeah, they've turned her into a hick. Yeah. It's one thing to say, Oh, I used to milk cows or what you know, one of these little references.
Speaker 1: I grew up on a farm, right right. But square dancing again, maybe it's very popular Nebraska, Nebraska its but let us know, do you spend an an ordinate amount of time square dancing.
Speaker 2: In the state. We would like to like to know.
Speaker 3: Was it something that you did a lot in the early nineties?
Speaker 2: Traditional web dance too? Yeah, we need answers, answers, and is it what do you call yourself Nebraskans or Nebraska nights Nebraska and Nebraska Nebraska. I don't know. Okay, we need Nebraska, we need Nebraskans residents of Nebraska. I't think we're already going off the rails. This is I blame my back. Okay, we'll blame your back. So Becky says, oh, did I forget to mention that? Well, my family always tops off every big bash with a good old fashioned square dance. You know a Donaldson tradition. Okay, you're here, Okay. Jesse tells her that the cuts up a lie have a tradition too. Every Christmas, his uncle Nick tries to balance a ham on his forehead, But that doesn't mean they have to do it at their wedding.
Speaker 3: Isn't his dad's name?
Speaker 1: Nick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was either this.
Speaker 3: Is maybe it was mom. Maybe it's mom brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing too.
Speaker 3: I was like, gott Nick one and Nick cho, Yeah, this is thing.
Speaker 2: Come on, people, be more creative with your names. But yeah, I think it must have been Mama Cassopolis's brother. Whatever. Don't pull that thread either. There's a lot of threads we're not pulling this week. So then Danny walks in, smiling from ear to ear as he carries a big stuffed bear in his arms. He tells Becky and Jesse, gee, I love the fair, the chili dogs, the fudge, the cotton candy, the nachos, the rides that go round and round. And his face starts to sour at the thought, and he continues. The cramps, the gas, the nausea.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, you just can't do that. One year an adult can't do it like you. Oh, you'll pay for that for days. Oh, I used to love the little gravity thing.
Speaker 2: You just spit around.
Speaker 3: You don't crawl upside down. I'm going like six seven times in a row. Now I look at it like you.
Speaker 2: No, Nope, not for me. So Michelle picks up the conversation from there and holds up a plastic bag filled with water and announces, I got a fishy. Joey encourages Michelle to tell everyone how she got it, and she explains, I threw a ball into his bowl. They congratulate her on the impressive accomplishment, and Danny adds, yeah, at a quarter to throw it. It only cost me eighteen dollars fifty cents.
Speaker 3: Not always the truth, it is.
Speaker 1: Oh god, those you spend those stupid carnival games.
Speaker 3: I mean they're made again. It's like a casino.
Speaker 1: They're made to be difficult and then once in a while they'll throw you a.
Speaker 2: Low crumb yep. And the parents like I could have bought five of these for the price of the tickets to play.
Speaker 1: They could have gone to a pet store and gotten a ton of fish. Yeah, but everyone needs to have the experience of a carnival fish in there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, this is a rite of passage. Absolutely teaches you how fleeting life is. Yes, it's a philosophical lesson, but this is quick when it comes to goldish. Oh, yes, well in a plastic bag. So Michelle holds up the fish and says, you're going to sleep in my bed, but Joey intervenes and leads Michelle away so they can find a fish bowl instead. Becky asks Danny where are the girls, and Danny explains DJ's out saying goodbye to a boy she met at the carnival, and Jesse is surprised that he's not watching her every move. Danny act shocked, insisting that he didn't need to spy on DJ, but that's only because he told Stephanie to spy on her. Ah. Yes, yes, the little sister sister. We cut to the front porch and DJ and the boy are right outside the front door, standing face to face. The boy tells her he had a great time today, and she happily responds, so did I, Bobby, And then steph appears and walks right in between the couple, saying so did I Bobby. DJ moves her aside and asks what is she still doing here? Stephanie responds, the three of us were having so much fun. It just wouldn't be the same without me. At that moment, a loud car passes by and Bobby's eyes go wide. Whoa did you see that seventy one Corvette go by? He starts to list off some of the features of this specific car, and DJ plays along, acting as though she loves cars just as much as him. Steph rolls her eyes and says, oh please, at the fagness, You're just you're brutal. You're not letting us with this. Here we go. Yeah, but uh. Bobby pays no mind to this and asks DJ what her favorite car is. She nervously answers, uh, red, and Bobby nods with realization. Oh you mean the new red portion nine to eleven turbo. She nods, that's the one. Bobby tells DJ how badly he wants that car, admitting all he needs is his driver's license and eighty thousand dollars. DJ offers him a faint smile, and Bobby tells her I'll call you tomorrow and we can talk about cars. S Key has no game whatsoever at all, not bring back Ricky a paper boy man gave me.
Speaker 3: Ricky paper Boy all day long.
Speaker 1: Ricky Bobby, Ricky Bobby, Ricky Bobby.
Speaker 3: Have you never seen Tall the Day at Night?
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm very sure I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: Hopped up on Mountain Dewon coming you like a spider Monkey.
Speaker 2: No. No, that's a quote from the It's brilliant. I gotta add that. I gotta added to my list. So okay, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Uh John c Riley and uh and Will Ferrell.
Speaker 2: I admit I am very like culturally unaware. I haven't seen but the.
Speaker 1: Character that was his name play as is Ricky Bobby.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, And so that's okay, I get it now. Yeah, I haven't seen took Us off On. I haven't seen Dynamite. I haven't seen the Star Wars movies. Like I am just very well the Star Wars. NA I miss much.
Speaker 1: Napoleon Dynamite was funny at the time, but I feel like now you'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, this was a good S and l sco Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Although it is, it's it's pretty funny. Pocket Tots, I mean you gotta love pocket tomes.
Speaker 2: No nothing, nothing, okay, nothing, nothing, I am you got anyway?
Speaker 3: Back to back to the show, back to.
Speaker 2: The show once uh. Once Bobby's out of Steph mocks her older sister, Oh, Bobby, I love cars. Barfar rama. She throws the front door open and walks away. Next to Michelle's room, Michelle is watching her new fish swim around his tiny fish bowl. She's doing a fishy face for him, and Joey points out how happy the little fish looks. He's grinning from gil to gil. Michelle asks if it's a boyfish or a girlfish. Joey asks what she plans on naming the pet, and Michelle thinks for a moment before deciding Martin. Joey declares that it's a boyfish. Then he ponders, Martin fish sounds like my accountant. He asks Michelle how she came up with the name Martin, and Michelle matter of factly states because that's his name, yo right, wearing a name tag. Joey reminds her that owning a pet is a very big responsibility. She will be in charge of feeding him every single day. Michelle decides that Martin can have all of her vegetables. That's quite generous, but Martin prefers fish food. He shows her how much to give the fish, and she gives it a try, just a little pinch. Joey also reminds Michelle that she needs to keep his bowl clean, and Michelle recites, pinch of food, keep him clean. You got it, dude. Then she picks up his bowl and starts to walk out the door. Joey asks what she's doing, and she explains, I'm taking Martin for a walk. Joey tells her one of the first rules of pet care, if they don't have legs, you don't walk them. Michelle sets the bowl down and sighs, there is so much to remember, and she goes back to making fishy faces.
Speaker 1: All right, Martin's going to meet an unfortunate man mark.
Speaker 2: You can just see it coming.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have a did junior kids ever have a carnival fish?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've lived this episode, the carnival fish, the death, the replacement, like all of it.
Speaker 1: We had a carnival fish that lasted a while while we were on Fuller really had in the house. We had mister Cheesey. Mister cheese Easy lasted for a while. It's a while like that could mean I don't know, like a year.
Speaker 2: What, Oh, that's a literally long time.
Speaker 1: We'll tank for him and whatever. And then at one point I think we were in when we went when I went on my church to Thailand and then we all shot in Japan.
Speaker 2: I wasn't home, so I couldn't clean.
Speaker 3: His take for like three weeks or whatever.
Speaker 1: And then I got home and I was like, oh, I'm going to clean your take, mister cheesy, and I think I sent him into shock and.
Speaker 3: He didn't make it, poor mister cheesy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then we tried getting other fish and it just never was.
Speaker 2: It's not the same.
Speaker 3: One would eat the other one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I would wake up and we're like, oh god, there's been a battle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, fisher, it can. It's definitely a good learning a learning lesson for kids about life and death and taking care of pets. And one goldfish we had ended up jumping out of the bowl and like kind of unlived himself that way, like alive. Yeah, and my kids discovered it did you do to that poor fish? He just didn't like his maybe the water was dry, I don't know. He didn't like his surroundings. So he's like he's like I've had enough of this wow craziness. So next in Jesse's room, Jesse is organizing his hair combs when Becky walks in. She tells him she has a surprise and sets a CD player down on his nightstand. She presses play and we hear a banjo. She snaps along to the square dancing music as Jesse stares at her in horror. He finally asks what in the he haw is that? Becky's very excited. She tells him it's time for your square dance lesson. Jesse let's out of laugh and tells her, oh, he'd love to, but he's very, very busy right now. But Becky points out that he's just playing with his hair brushes. When she tries to touch them, he swats her away and explains, I just added a lazy Susan to my hair, a Kutaman center for easy access.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is this is your man, Becky, this is this is what you're marrying.
Speaker 2: Take it in. Yes, it's I mean, at least he's organized. I was impressed with the organizational system. Yeah, very great, but yeah, was it excessive? Absolutely so. As he's showing off this contraption, DJ walks in and asks for Jesse's help. Becky tells her that he can't help right now because he's too busy a couterment team. DJ explains that she just needs to borrow some of Jesse's car magazines. Jesse grabs a couple of copies and asks, since when are you interested in cars? Deej Since when is Jesse interested in cars?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, well, he likes his motorcycle, okay, but cars, I guess it's.
Speaker 2: You've started taking the leap from two wheels to branching out from motorcycles and has car magazines. Okay, the joke has to work. This is a right, this is a plot deviser. So DJ fibbs that she's in a rut and needs a new hobby. But Jesse sees right past this and asks who's the boy? Becky butts in, are you saying that just because she's a girl, she can't be interested in cars. Jesse looks to DJ for confirmation, and she admits his name's Bobby. He's calling tomorrow and I told him I knew everything about cars. Jesse admits, I always liked when a girl was into the same thing. I was shocking.
Speaker 1: Jesse being like I always liked when they did the things I liked to do.
Speaker 2: That's Jesse's statement.
Speaker 1: Well, and then Becky literally is like yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Becky says, oh, she shouldn't pretend to like something just to make someone else happy. Jesse smirks with satisfaction. Really so, I guess that takes me off the square dancing hook. Then Becky tells him, well, that's different. He doesn't have to pretend he likes it. In fact, she doesn't care if he hates it. He's still doing it. It's the difference with Mary. Yes, true, you don't like it, you're doing it anyway.
Speaker 3: I don't care, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This prompts a full blown argument between the couple, and DJ watches for a moment before admitting, you guys, sound like you're married already. Jesse tells Becky he's putting his foot down and stomps on the floor to emphasize his point. Becky smiles and tells him that's a good start. She next she instructs him to put his hands on his hips and circle his partner like she's really she's really stuck on this, and I admire I admire her for sticking to her guns, like she wants this and.
Speaker 1: She's gonna make it happen. But my god, Becky, I don't know. I'm in a little judgment that she's sticking to her gun so hard.
Speaker 2: On scarre dancing, right, stick to your guns on cake or flowers or your dress.
Speaker 3: Or not the Elvis theme.
Speaker 2: But I mean that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he doesn't get to do Elvis, but you get to. But you have a square dance. Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: That's true. I mean it's square dancing maybe a little better than getting married in Graceland. Maybe.
Speaker 1: Are they gonna have the square dancing outfits though? You know, the big poofy skirts. Yeah, yeah, gotta have the first.
Speaker 2: Grade and the hay on the ground, Like I feel like this is a whole different theme. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Perhaps I don't know if hayes as essential, but I know the poofy skirts are definitely it's essential.
Speaker 2: The thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the look like clogged shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh, Becky, this is that's okay. We love Becky. She's a great she's a great character. Every Mineah, everything that she's put up with. Make Kim square dance for an hour by himself. Give this woman a square dance like she is. Give her a square dance. She's earned it. So next we're in the bathroom, Michelle, and I'm so happy the bathroom's finally it makes sense. Now, remember last week I was confused because the sink was on the other side of the door. You're right, replaced the sink, the sink where the old sink was. It's now just like a dresser or something. Right, So, yeah, it was that episode where you guys busted the sink open looking for the ring. Yeah. I feel better now, I feel better about the situation.
Speaker 1: Right, And you know what I feel really good about is a toddler drawing a bath for herself.
Speaker 2: Now adult supervision. I know it's it doesn't It didn't even phase the writers, Like this has been going on for seasons now, you know whatever. So Michelle, she's setting up this bubble bath. It's filled with lots of toys. As she's doing this, Joey walks in and reminds her she's not supposed to take baths by herself. Okay, so it was a little late for that, Joey. At least they acknowledged to be cast. Yeah, yeah, she could have.
Speaker 3: It's fine. I get it, she could have tipped over.
Speaker 2: So Michelle insists that she's not taking a bath by herself, but Joey doesn't believe her, But then he spots the empty fish bowl sitting besides the bathtub. Joey nervously asks her where Martin is, and Michelle happily responds he's taking a bubble bath. Joey frantically runs towards the tub and fishes Martin out of the SuDS. Michelle assures Joey that he's almost finished, but when we see Martin, he's floating upside down in his bowl. Oh poor Martin. Sad Demid is was it an actual show? And I think it was? And they kept showing it. I was like, this is is this triggering for someone?
Speaker 1: I mean it, I don't they weren't as concerned about the welfare of goldfish in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 2: It'd be upsetting for this is a showman for kids, And if kids are watching this and looking at this close up of a dead fish, I'm like, that's a I don't know, I mean, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: He wasn't, you know, chopped in half?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just sort of floating belly up.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it was a real fish or I don't know. I know, it's the nineties. Who knows what they did. Yeah, props and props was probably just like, yeah, let's me grab a fish and oh. Anyways, so Michelle explains that she's keeping him clean, and Joey tells her he's clean, clean as a doornail, door, clean as a doornail. It's supposed to be clean as a whistle or dead as a doornail, so he's combining the two. Is that what the joke is?
Speaker 3: No, I mean yes, I don't know. Yeah, well, because it's supposed to be he's.
Speaker 1: Dead as a doornow, but he's clean as okay, so that's it was intentional.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Michelle notices that Martin isn't swimming, so she asks if he's sleeping. Joey nods, yeah, he's taking a very long nap. Michelle grabs the bowl from him and gives Martin a friendly tease, you fell asleep in the bathtub, You're a silly fish, and Joey lets her walk out of the bathroom carrying Martin's corpse in a bowl. Hey, I you know, this is a life lesson. This is a life lesson. Y's just taking a while to get there, So next to Jesse's room, Joey corrals Danny and Jesse into the room to break the news Martin Tanner is dead. Sadness instantly washes over Danny and he sighs, I can't believe this, the poor who's Martin Tanner? Joey tells him it's Michelle's fish, and Jesse is more confused than heartbroken, asking he died already. Isn't there like a six hour warranty on those things?
Speaker 1: You'd hope, But just getting him home sometimes is the hard part.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they come in a little bowl and then you're slashing it around.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of stress on a fish. Absolutely, yeah. Danny asks if Joey is sure that the fish is dead, and Joey points out that he can tell the difference between a live fish versus what Martin Tanner is looking like right now. Jesse asks how Michelle is taking it, and Joey admits she's fine at the moment, considering she believes he's just sleeping. He didn't have the heart to tell her, Jesse mocks his friend. Don't you think she'll figure it out? The thing is probably floating at the top of the bowl. See Joey suggests that they put him on a little rubber raft and pretend like he's working on his tan.
Speaker 1: Joey, it's a fish, guys, it's a fish not and no one's don't come at me and be like fish are people too, They're not. Okay, it was a goldfish, and just just tell her the goldfishes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know you. I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't I guess. I don't get.
Speaker 1: Why it's takes three adult men to be able to break this advice.
Speaker 2: They're so afraid of her, you know. That's why she's on supervisant. Is she's a tyrant, she's a therapist. Like they just don't even know how to handle. Like, what's gonna happen if she finds out the fish is dead. She's gonna need coming for some scopies herself after this, right, So uh, Danny reminds him that either way, this fish is not a fun pet anymore, so they should tell Michelle the truth. Jesse agrees, saying Michelle is a big girl. It's time we explain to her the realities of life and death. See thank you yes, yeah the beginning. Pats Danny and tells him to update the guys on how that goes. But Danny grabs both of them and forces them to join him for this tough discussion.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen when they actually have to have tough decisions, like tough discussions beyond you know, a goldfish die. Well, there's the I mean they already broke well, no, I was gonna say they already had to break the news once that Michelle lost a parent, but then I was like, she's a.
Speaker 2: She was too young and the death was coming up. I don't know what season that is, but I don't. Did they just say he's sleeping? Is he working on his chan? Like?
Speaker 1: I don't, right, I put him in a small plastic Yes, well, I mean they do once.
Speaker 2: What they do? It's yeah, I know, I know, but it's it's yes this, Yes, I think I'm trying to come up with some one. I'm trying to come up with a response. I have none. There's no response to that. Yeah, there's nothing to do respond to. So next we're in Michelle's room. Michelle walks up to Martin's fishbowl holding her stuffed pig. She offers to let him sleep with the pig tonight, and that's when the guy's walk in. Danny sits down next to his daughter as Jesse and Joey stand off to the side. Danny tells Michelle that they have something to tell her about Martin, and Michelle notes that he's an excellent sleeper. Danny tells her that he isn't sleeping, he's gone. Michelle points to the fish bowl and tells her dad, no, he's not. He's right here, and Danny explains that he might be there physically, but in another sense, he's everywhere. Jesse jumps in. I don't think they teach philosophy until kindergarten. He takes a crack at telling Michelle the fish's unfortunate fate. Darling, I'm sorry, but your fish is the best sleeper in town. These men are chicken. You know they are chicken. Come on, guys, this is it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I gets it. Yeah again, I mean it's you know, the joke's gotta work.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be a thing they gotta fill twenty two minutes. The teaser was only you know.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty Well, right, that's and now I see why the teaser was so long.
Speaker 3: They were like, how do we drag this out?
Speaker 1: These three adult men who can't say that the fish is gone?
Speaker 2: This it's kind of a filler episode and it's still not full enough to fill the twenty two minutes. Yeah, so uh so, since he can't break the news either, it's now Joey's turn. He asks Michelle if she remembers that one road Runner cartoon where Wiley E Coyote falls off the cliff. It's it's Wiley, it's not it's Wile, not Wiley while.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be Whyley coyote, but while E coyote, Yeah, it's not Wiley E.
Speaker 2: That's why, just why, I just say Wyley wyle E. So do you do? You take the pause while eat this is diction, watch your diction issition.
Speaker 1: So while w I l E is his name, and then E period is his middle name, and then Coo.
Speaker 2: Coyote is the last name, So I can say Wiley, Yes, that's that's what it's no say that either way.
Speaker 1: You're just saying it with there you said you said Wyley the E coyote and there was only there's only one y Lee. You know what I mean, this is why did I kick this?
Speaker 3: Why is this the hill.
Speaker 2: That I'm gonna die today? Why are we shocking about this? Okay cares.
Speaker 1: So the coyote falls off a cliff, So anyway, coyote's dead.
Speaker 2: Coyote dies, he's splats on the floor.
Speaker 1: You can talk about a coyote falling off of of a mountain, but they can't say that the goldfish is dead.
Speaker 2: No, no, totally. It's one's a cartoon, one's real life. You know this. Michelle is staring at him with confusion, like these guys are making it worse. So poor child is so confused, and Joey continues to over explain this cartoon scene. Finally, finally, Danny decides to step in and tell Michelle that her fish is dead. Thank you. Michelle frowns, this is not good news. Danny tries to light in her spirits. No fish lives forever, and Jesse chimes, and then the important thing is to remember all the happy times that you and Martin had together. He tries to point out specific instances for her, like the car ride home, the walk to your room. I guess that's about it. Yes, yeah, it was very long. It did not last long. So then Danny takes the fish bowl and Michelle asks where he's taking Martin. Danny tells her that they're going to give him a proper burial at sea. Michelle assumes that they're going to take him to the ocean, and Jesse nods well. Eventually, Michelle waves at her dead fish and sadly says bye bye Martin. Danny asks Michelle if she has any other questions about the fish, and Michelle asks, how did Martin die? Joey admits that he died in the bubble bath, and Michelle sadly remembers, I put him in there. Joey explains, when I told you that fishies like to be clean, just like people, I should have also mentioned that fishies don't take bubble baths all size. Now you tell me. Danny reminds her it was just an accident. You understand that, don't you, and she nods yes, I do. It's all my fault. Dang.
Speaker 1: Well, she's in one of the seven stages of grief. She's got a you know, process through the so she's just in the in the anger stage.
Speaker 2: She's angry at herself, she's bargaining, she's passed through denial. She's bargaining. Yeah, yeah, well yeah she was in denial.
Speaker 1: Was like, no, it's not it's kind No, fish is out. Okay, So now we're on to the next one. And and then then yes, she's working through all the all seven stages. Yeah, which she's read about extensively in her work as a therapist.
Speaker 3: So when she she knows, she kind of knows what to expect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm sure her her doctorate thesis was about death in the family. Like, she's got lots of experience here. So there you go.
Speaker 1: Well, and you think that it would make it easier, but apparently it's still a thing, still a thing.
Speaker 2: So we cut to a very sad commercial break, and when we come back, we're in the kitchen. Danny and Joey are covering an object with a towel, and once they're done, they call out to Jesse, telling him he can come in. Jesse appears with Michelle and he flies her into the room like Superman. She tells the guys, I'm coming, I'm coming, and he lends her on the chair and she declares, I'm here. Danny tells her they have a special surprise for her. Michelle glances at the covered item and questions a towel. Danny tells her it's under the towel, and he pulls this.
Speaker 1: I feel like Michelle's not too bright if she can't, if she doesn't know that the fish is dead and it's floating, and that there's something under the towel, I'm a little concerned. Well, maybe you know she turned her BRAINNP after she got that doctorate thesis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's just she's under dress, so yeah, she's she's just she's struggling a bit right now in her she's on the floor stage of Okay, yeah, maybe that's it. I don't know. So Danny pulls off the towel and reveal a tank. It's her brand new fish, but Michelle stares at the gift without an ounce of happiness and says no, thank you. Jesse lends some words of encouragement, telling her the fish he likes her because he's wagging his tail. Joey adds that the fish's name is Freddy and he's saying hi to her. Michelle watches the fish with sadness and says, watch out, Freddy, I'm big trouble. Mister. Danny tries to comfort her, telling her that what happened to Martin was just an accident. Plus, Freddy doesn't live in a fish bowl. He lives in a fish palace, complete with a filter and some gravel and a living snail that cleans the tank three times a week. But Michelle is still scarred from her last experience, like this, This girl has trauma nouns.
Speaker 1: This isn't gonna write this is this is horrific. This is the biggest trauma that she's facing.
Speaker 2: It's not just the death she's blamed herself for, which it kind of She's.
Speaker 3: Like, I I killed you. I'm a horrible person. And she's going to live with this shame for a long time.
Speaker 2: It's going to follow her for the rest of her life.
Speaker 1: You know what, She's probably gonna turn to sugar to help her, Like at some point she's gonna just start shoving sugar in her mouth.
Speaker 2: Where is this cookie trying to be right?
Speaker 1: That's her, that's her coping mechanism, her only coping mechanism.
Speaker 3: So well, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: She was left alone to put the fish in the bubble bat. So really this is on the adults of that.
Speaker 2: House, right, it is.
Speaker 1: Let a child into the bathroom with a fish bowl and let her fill up the tub and didn't notice until after it was already full, and she could have drowned.
Speaker 2: Right, they're lucky. It's only the fish that died. Only, right, they're lucky fish. Oh wow, So Michelle, she tells them she doesn't want a fish. She begins to walk away, so Jesse tries to bargain with her, telling her Freddie will be the family fish and he'll stay right here in the kitchen. Michelle can just be his buddy. She warily responds, Okay, but I'm not getting too close. This is like when Stephanie cut Jesse's hair.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, didn't we have this whole right? We had a moment like this before where it was like, I'm not going to get close and really personally.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So Stephanie has already dealt with this kind of trauma in which Jesse didn't help because Jesse was really angry at YouTube.
Speaker 1: Well, but Jesse broke his Yeah, there was legitimately like a thing.
Speaker 3: Steph felt bad.
Speaker 2: That's true. The stays were higher than just a dead pigs were a little higher. Okay, okay, so.
Speaker 1: Not to say the fish isn't important. Don't fish, we don't need peta. No, I'm just saying love.
Speaker 2: All fish, yes, but all yes, we love all fish, all the fish. So she starts to walk away again. At this time Danny stops her. He tells her there's nothing to worry about because Freddy is going to live for a long time. Michelle suggests that he stay out of the bathtub then, and she walks away. Jesse tells Danny it's crazy talk to say the fish will live a long time. They die if you'll look at them. Funny. I agree for once. I agree with Jesse, like this this whole episode so far, you swear dancing the fish. The response like the fish. Yeah, he's really spot on this. He's on it this time. He's like, this is too much, you guys, I can't do all this. But Danny and Joey have a copboard. Joey opens a nearby cupboard and reveals shelves of baita fish in tiny plastic bowls as backups. These guys, but you should always keep fish in a cabinet and that won't smell.
Speaker 1: It was lit grate though. That's the one thing I didn't know they opened it up. I was like, oh good, they've installed lighting so.
Speaker 2: That you could see the vision should notice the lighting. I'm going to keep track of how many times we actually see the inside of this cabinet, because we've seen it.
Speaker 1: It's like once before, there was once.
Speaker 2: Where you popped out of it with the like the you were doing something to Rusty with the silly stringy whatever, the silly string. And then there's this I can't recall any other time.
Speaker 1: There was some I feel like there was another thing maybe in the cabinet.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm going to try to keep track. Uh So, now we're in the girls room. Stephanie is quizzing DJ on carfax from Jesse's Magazines. The next question is how many cylinders are in a classic nineteen sixty six Ford mustang. DJ is obviously uncertain as she guesses two hundred. Stephanie gives her a harsh buzzer noise in response and reveals wrong again. The correct answer is eight. How many questions have you answered wrong so far? And DJ confidently says all of them. Steph responds, ding ding ding, You finally got one right. Steff's rubbing it in.
Speaker 1: You know, right, She's like, yeah, ding ding ding, Yay, you finally got one loser.
Speaker 2: She's not wrong, Stephanie is not wrong, you know. Uh So, Becky walks in and asks if they're ready for the big family Square dance lesson DJ can't wait. DJ tells her she can't right now because she's still cramming for her phone call with Bobby. She has no idea why she lied about knowing so much about cars, but stephan knows exactly why, telling her sister because you're boy crazy and you'll anything to impress them. And then she probably walked away after giving detailed reality check. It was the best exit line.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn stuff, dropped some truth bombs and was like, I'm out.
Speaker 2: She's brutal this episode, just brutal and I am delivery. She's not. She's totally right and just the way you deliver that line and walk out like you're so good at these exit lines.
Speaker 1: She's like, dropping some truth, it's because you suck by see later.
Speaker 2: It's classic little sister. I love it. So Becky jumps in to give DJ some advice, telling her she doesn't need to pretend to be a car expert.
Speaker 3: Seriously, don't do this.
Speaker 2: DJ admits, I know, but he's so cute. Becky points out that if a boy doesn't like her for who she is, then he's not worth liking, and on cue snap for you, Thank God for Becky. Right but right then the phone rings. DJ frantically asks Becky what she should say, and Becky advises her to tell the truth. Bobby will respect her for her honesty. So DJ answers and says hi to Bobby before truthfully telling him I think cars are boring and they cause pollution, but I know that won't matter to you because hello, Hello. She looks at Becky in size he hung up. Becky winces at the news and says, oops, DJ, I'm sorry. DJ insists it's okay. Any guy who hangs up on her is probably not her type. It's true.
Speaker 3: I feel like this kid went on.
Speaker 1: Uh to like becomes some sort of reality TV start, like looking for a relationship.
Speaker 3: That's what Bobby became.
Speaker 2: He has to find. Well, his criteria is the must he wound up. He wound up on f Boy Island is what he wound up on.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, he just expects the girls around him to be like you have to like what I'm into yeah, yeah, and so yeah. He went on to win season twenty seven of Foy Island. Actually, so uh yeah, check it out.
Speaker 2: I don't like it Jesse in training, you know, like I can see shades of Jesse in this kid, Like, oh you don't like what I like? Peace out? You know it's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably a good thing that they didn't work out, because he would have just Jesse would have given.
Speaker 3: Him all the roles.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that would not have been a good combination.
Speaker 3: But seriously, screw him.
Speaker 2: Yes, hang up on. DJ deserves better than this.
Speaker 1: Audios to that kid, Bye bye, bye bye, have fun with your Manifold.
Speaker 2: So next door in the kitchen, Michelle is watching Freddy from a safe distance on the staircase. She waves to him and then bravely makes her way closer to the tank. She assures the fish, don't be afraid. I'm just gonna get a cookie. You called it the sugar binge.
Speaker 1: She's like, hold on, I've got to go eat some feelings.
Speaker 2: She grabs a cookie.
Speaker 1: But but my first thought was, oh god, what is she going to give this fish a cook? She likes to feed the fish, so yeah, she like number two but there's a cabinet fall, so that's right, there's plenty of backups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she tells the fish, I'm not going to give you a bath, and she watches the fish sadly while eating her sugar fix for the day or hour. Well, this was a weirdly short scene, and then we're out. We're in the living room next, like.
Speaker 1: What, Well, we spent so much time on that, so we can't really go to the important stuff like Michelle and her fish, you know, because we had to sing do what Idy?
Speaker 2: And I wanted this sing to be long, right, told Vital, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have time for Michelle getting sad about a fish. No, we've but we've got seventeen and a half minutes.
Speaker 3: For do what it is?
Speaker 2: Man, the priority. I didn't recognize these writers' names, and so I'm like, yeah, they were these guest writers this week. They don't they don't know, but I'm like, this is this episode will.
Speaker 3: They've obviously never had a fish or dragged a.
Speaker 2: Drum kit downstairs, so never they were not qualified to write for the Tamis. So next to the living room, the furniture has been pushed off the rug. Becky has assembled the entire family into formation for their square dancing lessons. Becky tells them they start in a square, but DJ butts in, I hate to get technical, but we formed a triangle. Becky tells her they'll be much more square once her parents are there, and Jesse says under his breath, you ain't kidding. Becky turns around and gives him a fake smile. What And Jesse stutters, Oh, I said, I'll do your bidding, and she smiles and tells him that's all I ask. Becky turns on the square dancing music and walks everyone through the steps. Unsurprisingly, the whole family has the choreography nailed down immediately.
Speaker 1: I mean, one of our pastimes is family square dancing competitions, so we've done this for years.
Speaker 2: You know, that's actually kind of on brand.
Speaker 1: Obviously we don't include Jesse, but yeah, but but Danny and the girls have been square dancing for a very long time.
Speaker 2: That would not surprise me in this household, with this family, Oh for sure, it's very on brand. They love their choreograph to dancing, do we, ever, So Becky's talks him through the moves and then lets Danny take over the lyrical portion which he turns into a cleaning lesson.
Speaker 1: I wonder what Bob was actually thinking, you know what I mean, Like like he had the script scripted lines for the stupid cleaning thing that he's supposed to be singing to the to.
Speaker 2: The square dancing tune.
Speaker 1: But I wonder what he was actually making, what song he was making up in his ow, because it wasn't anything about cleaning. It wasn't clean, it was I can only imagine, yes, right, because I'm watching because whenever there's a scene where like the whole family has to do something dumb, I'm watching the faces of the guys interact with each other and and be laughing about something, And like there are definitely times when like Bob will be really laughing at something and you're like, oh, him and Dave must have been doing something so inappropriate and stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well they have. Like it's almost like a silent conversation, you know that they're speaking to each other with just their eyes, yeah, about whatever dirty joke is whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, You're like, oh, there's no way they made it through this without saying something stupid.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's so great to watch, so Jesse takes over then and announces his departure. He walks away from the dancing, but Danny prevents him from leaving. He forces him back onto the dance floor and tells Joey to take it away. Joey decides to turn the square dancing into Hokey pokey, and he doesn't stop there. He tells them to do the monkey, the mashed potato, and then the alligator. What was it like filming this scene doing these moves? And did you have a choreographer? Did you just kind of make it like I don't remember, I mean no, we just sort of it.
Speaker 1: No. They just named like several dances from the you know, early sixties, and uh, and then we just we just went for it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you guys got through this without cracking up or did you.
Speaker 1: See the guy's faces that they didn't They were being ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It was the alligator.
Speaker 1: I feel like that really killed Bob, Like you hear him laughing and he was on the phone.
Speaker 2: What were you possibly doing? Yeah, absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You know what I'll tell you though, I would give anything to be able to do that stupid alligator right now, if I could just lay down on the phone.
Speaker 3: You no, just down there, never got back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So after doing all these silly dance moves, Jesse gets up off the floor. He is smiling ear to ear. Becky is laughing along with him and teases, what is that on your face? That's a smile. Jesse gets embarrassed and pretends like he wasn't having a good time, but Becky pokes at him until he admits the truth. He had a great time and he knows it'll be really fun at their wedding.
Speaker 1: He's lying, He's lying, that's okay to Becky to make her feel bad about it.
Speaker 2: Goes as long as he does it with a smile on his face, that's all she asks. Becky raps for arms around him and grins. I can't wait until next week when we're finally husband and wife. Jesse puckers his lips and says, have mercy and they kiss in front of everyone. Of course, then Michelle comes running into the room. That's right, Michelle wasn't.
Speaker 3: In the scene.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Michelle wasn't. We're like the family squaredenans screw that kid, Well, she wouldn't thrown it off anyway.
Speaker 3: Becau, who's gonna be her partner.
Speaker 2: You've already left her alone once.
Speaker 1: Alone, They're like, she should have killed that other fish. Don't worry about It's fine, just leave her in the other room. We got backup, so it's fine.
Speaker 2: Could happen? This is insane. So Michelle runs in and and she's yelling something's happening to the fishy. Danny asks what's going on, and Michelle tells him, I don't know, but it's not my fault. Everyone gets up and Michelle tells them to move it, misters. When they reached the tank, Stephanie's face sours. You little teeny tiny thingies are swimming in there. Sea monkeys? Oh yeah. Joey explains that those are babyfish, and DJ admits they're really cute. Jesse comments, oh, looks like Freddy is a freda. Huh. Danny tells his daughter it's a good thing she was here to witness this, and she did the right thing by telling them. Michelle's eyes brighten. I did, and Joey tells her you did. And now we can take the mommy fish out and put her in a special nursery tank so the babies can grow up strong and healthy and so she doesn't eat them. That's actually why you put.
Speaker 1: Them in a nursery, right, Like, we're gonna put her in a special nursery tank because she's happy there and she won't.
Speaker 2: This is just so boy the lifeless.
Speaker 1: So do you remember having guppies in our classroom?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we had guppies that had a b and it was pregnant and it had a baby and we did have to put it. And that's how I learned about the little nursery tank because Adrian was like, yeah, they will eat there.
Speaker 3: They're young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, we had We had this in the classroom. This was a life lessons on stage.
Speaker 3: Puts a whole new spin on Nemo, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. Yeah? Yeah, well wait, so Michelle's ecstatic. She said I did a good job. Joey grabs a tiny net and scoops freeda up, placing her in a little plastic bowl. Michelle sweetly asks Danny, can I keep the babies in my room? Danny says yes, because she really came through for them. Becky calls Michelle a hero and they all applaud for her. She throws up two peace signs. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, oh, this is this.
Speaker 1: This was one of those scenes where I was like, okay, we've we've jumped the shark with Michelle.
Speaker 2: We've jumped we jumped the fish.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've jumped the fish.
Speaker 2: Yes we am all for.
Speaker 1: Building up a kid's confidence, but this is overkill, Like, come on, people has left her alone for most of the episode in else and you're praising her again. Good John, Michelle, you didn't do any You didn't like the house on fire when we weren't paying attentions.
Speaker 2: This is this is this, This is so full house, like.
Speaker 1: This is such a pose giving Michelle princess for a day.
Speaker 2: Oh yes it is. This is how it starts. It all started with Martin and Freedom. Yep. So then Michelle decides to ask Danny where do babies come from? And Danny suggests that they go back to square dant scene and they'll talk about that later. The whole family begins to walk out of the kitchen, but Michelle stays put, yelling after her dad, hey, get back here, where do babies come from? When there's no answer, she stomps after them, saying I know, you know, and that's our show. No more life lessons.
Speaker 3: And again they're running away from the top.
Speaker 2: Her behind. Yeah, what do you expect anything less?
Speaker 1: Right, They're trying to avoid an uncomfortable conversation, So I get it, no one, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's how they tackle uncomfortable topics.
Speaker 1: They just walk, They just don't. They just run away from them and go square dance. Yes, clearly enough, That's how I solved my problems.
Speaker 2: So you learned it from the Tanners.
Speaker 3: Hey I did.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, nothing like a good square dance really just clears out the mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh boy, this this well, this was a This was a episode about a fish. It wasn't bad, It wasn't terrible. It was cute.
Speaker 3: It was a cute family story.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we raised awareness about fish in bubble bats, you know, and no more fish were came to the harm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it was a nice low steak this episode. We got the wedding coming up, so it's good to have a nice, calm, low stakes episode, you know. Yes, it was fine. Oh this was a Yeah, this was like, this was one of those filler episodes for me, tear well not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just sort of kid right, Oh no, no, no, we're not not in the bottom of here, just sort of right around the mame.
Speaker 2: It's like a five out of ten. That's what I give it. Five out of ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look good, entertaining, cute, very cute, and we hit all the points of Michelle's uh plight in life, which is sugar binges being left alone, ignored.
Speaker 3: Yes, so yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's Michelle in a nutshell. Really, that's this is who she is. Yeah, oh boy, did you have any everywhere your looks? I am one, and it's really small. It's it might.
Speaker 1: Oh I actually did have one. I did have one.
Speaker 2: Tell me, uh the poster this is mine? Oh yeah one.
Speaker 1: The poster in DJ's room has been switched out with.
Speaker 2: Which I was all about because.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of music that I was like, give me some veil, some new editions.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that was great. I noticed the same thing. I was like, ooh, we didn't eat bell Bi Devo.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, we're hidden, we're hit in the early nineties.
Speaker 2: Now I'm here for it. I love it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that was my that was my only one.
Speaker 2: It's the only one I had to Yeah, yeah, that's all right, okay, but but yeah, we had to sit through a twenty two minute teaser. So there was only so many.
Speaker 1: Right, there was always so many things you could everywhere you look, right, I was too busy watching a music video for the Toddler.
Speaker 2: Oh my, but you get to see uncle Uncle Gary Gibler. So yeah, Gary the Redheaded Ripper. Yep, yep, it's always good to there was Gary. Love him. Next, next week's the wedding, like, which is nuts?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we're already the wedding.
Speaker 1: How that's wedding. I'm excited, it really is. I'm very excited for the me too. I can't wait to see the square dancing. I'm sure there will be a montage of it.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, that's what we're sure. Yes, the full House loves a good montage.
Speaker 1: Not the eighties and the nineties, love the good montage. You know, we haven't had a montage in a while. We are due for a montage, we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a hot minute.
Speaker 3: Well overdue for one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys, thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much for listening again and learning all of the facts about fish safety. We love we love doing this show. We had so much fun, you guys. So remember if you want to find us on Instagram, you can check us out at how Rude podcast, or you can send us an email at how Rude Tannerrito's at gmail dot com. You know, in case we got any fish facts.
Speaker 2: Nebraska heights we need to hear for the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Nebraska Eight, the Nebraskians, the whatever, those who reside in the state, great state of Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let us know. Just check in with us.
Speaker 2: I want to know if you want. You know, it's squad as really a thing, inquiring minds one and after we need to know. Please please, yes.
Speaker 3: Please let us know.
Speaker 1: But make sure again you're liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it, and we will see you next time. Oh, and make sure and visit the merchan store how Rude merch dot com.
Speaker 3: You guys want to get t shirt, hoodies.
Speaker 1: All that kind of fun stuff, and send us up some messages about merch that you would like to see.
Speaker 2: Is it mugs, is it tote bags?
Speaker 3: Is it? Is it branded fish bowls?
Speaker 2: I don't know, we could do branded fish bowls that would be easy to ship.
Speaker 1: There we go, Oh, perfect, right, not at all a problem, and you know what, will ship them with your very own fish included.
Speaker 3: So that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Dead fishing.
Speaker 3: Fish included, but no water.
Speaker 2: You too can live a full house episode exactly. You can have a full house episode too.
Speaker 1: But we love you, guys, thank you so much for listening, fan Ritos, and we will see you next time.
Speaker 3: And remember the world is small, but the house is full of goldfish everywhere.
Speaker 1: Well, the cabinet specifically is full of cabinet is all fish.
Speaker 3: There's no room for any all fish all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing else, because you just have empty cabinets laying around in store fifteen, Like, don't worry about it. It was waiting for fish. Yeah, it's like it holds fish or small children with it. That's all explore of course, because for a family of nine people to live in a house, you don't need extra storage base anyway, you guys, that's it. I'm gonna go ten to my cabinet full of fish.
Speaker 2: I'll see you next time, okay,