Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty, and he Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 2: There's a lot not being said, and that's intentional. There's a delicate balance between informing the public and soliciting their assistance. Because there's millions of eyes in the United States. I can share leads with the FBI, which is desperately needed, but also not tipping your hands. So everything that's being said is being engineered by the Crisis Negotiation Unit, which is specialized unit out of Quantico, Virginia.
Speaker 3: That's a little analysis on MSNBC this morning of the investigation into the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie. Why is Fox got a correspondent in a car with a camera driving between Annie Guthrie daughter in Nancy Guthrie's house right now? What are they speculating about there?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. The voice you heard was Christopher o'lary. He was addressing in part the bashing of the police chief for his press conferences, and Jack is a referenced several times recently. It's a real amateur hour there. He said nothing of the press conference, of the criticism on cable TV and in other places. He was trying to explain, No, there's a lot you don't want to say, which is interesting. This guy's about the best analysis analyst I've heard so far on this stuff. He's not a showman. He's not a you know, a blabbering jackass. Speaker of blabbering jackasses. The rich and famous who continued their relationships with Jeffrey Epstein, why what was the motivation? I think it was not nearly as mysterious as people think. Anyway, back to froh Leary next clip.
Speaker 2: Michael, Unfortunately, they have a ton of experience at that. There are really kidnapped for ransom almost every week that they deal with, usually in places like Mexico, Central America, South America, across Africa. But they're used to these rapidly evolving crisises and engaging with the captors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's talking about the crisis negotiation unit that had referenced still earlier. That's interesting. They deal with another kidnapping every.
Speaker 3: Week, although that includes other countries. Because when he first said that, I thought, holy crap.
Speaker 1: But okay, yeah, Americans in those other countries, but we didn't mention that they confirmed the red droplets in the front steps were Mom's blood. They confirmed that yesterday. That's not good. Yeah, that's definitely not good. Next clip, Michael.
Speaker 2: The one concerning thing is we don't have a line of communication established with the captors right now, and that needs to change because you cannot negotiate this release, and certainly with the serious concerns about Missus Guthrie's advanced years and medical conditions that have been stated, those are things you want to get ahead of, and time is of the essence right now.
Speaker 3: You know what I'd really like to know, and they probably shouldn't tell us, but I'd like to know how often kidnappers are successful with this. They get the money, they return the person, and they get away with it. I wonder how on the US, specifically the United States.
Speaker 1: I got to think it's very very low. Yeah. I would guess it's increasing because of cryptocurrency. That's got to help. Yeah. Yeah. So he mentions at fair length that family members or close associates are pretty easy to rule out, and then we'll skip to forty four. Michael. He starts to discuss who might be behind this.
Speaker 2: Then you will get the more the doorbell camera was disabled, which shows a or suggests a certain level of sophistication here from the captors. So who you know in the history of kidnapped for ransom has that capability? Is it somebody that we think is local or what the concern is amongst some colleagues that I've talked to, is with the proximity to the border, is this potentially and not suggesting it is, but something investigators will look at that she was potentially taken by a Mexican kidnapped ransum organization who do this fairly routinely.
Speaker 1: And so the FBI being brought in here and number one.
Speaker 2: Has the authorities to do this both domestically across state lines but internationally, and they also have the reach and the connections and the bandwidth to do it. So they are most certainly discussing things with intelligence partners and our Mexican counterparts as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: If you don't know your US geography, two sons right on the border, so it'd be nothing to get across the border. But I just you know, he's the expert. But on one hand, okay, they disconnected the camera sounds like pros well, wouldn't pros have a better way to get in touch with somebody and ask for money as opposed to whatever's going on right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's a disconnect there. You know, some loser idiot might also think I got to make sure she doesn't have one of those doorbell.
Speaker 3: That doesn't sound hugely sophisticated. I might think of that. And I've never contemplated a kidnapping in my life.
Speaker 1: Right, I've contemplated various pranks and acts of vengeance. Certainly, I think about that all day long. But yeah, I'm aware that there are doorbell cameras in the world. So and then he mentions, there's really no doubt it's an abduction. Eighty four year olds just don't start bleeding and then disappear completely and then finally forty six Michael.
Speaker 2: The other thing is, did somebody have a personal grievance against her? There's nothing to suggest that she sounds like a wonderful woman who is beloved, so who would have a personal grievance against her? And I do think NBC corporate Security, which is staffed by a bunch of former FBI and Secret Service, are working with the team on the ground to determine if Savannah had any previous threats or stalkers or anything, and they couldn't get to her, but are looking at missus Guthrie as a target of opportunity.
Speaker 3: I was listened to an expert yesterday who said oldsters don't get kidnapped very often, but every once in a while it happens, and they had an example of I think an eighty eight year old who got kidnapped last year and was gone for like a whole week but returned safely and they were okay, so it can't happen. The blood is not a good sign. Also the fact that she needs various medicines. If I was gonna guess, and I realize this is a really harsh to say, but if I was gonna guess, half wit grabs an old woman. Doesn't think it true. She dies because she's she needs this medicine. And now they're like okay, now what, oh crap, And they figure out a way to dispose the body. It'll turn up maybe five years from now in a desert hole somewhere or something.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's more specific than I'm willing to get. But yeah, some half wit who gets immediately overwhelmed and realized they bit off way more. Horrible horrible, horrible, horrible.
Speaker 3: Most of the time, all these stories have just such a disappointing what a waste ending there are There always such a you know, they hurt your soul because, yeah, there's all this excitement and talk about these sophisticated this or that that gives it a level of something meaning, I guess, and then when it turns out to just be a freaking idiot with a bad plan and now somebody's dead or really hurt, it's just so ah, why why.
Speaker 1: Do you even do it? Yeah, two thoughts on that one. I read just an absolute great piece. It'll stick with me for all of my days. I'm pretty sure about how. It's the disproportionality paradox. I think they called it that. So many assassinations or major moments in history are half wit loaners who do something extreme, and people can't comprehend something that stupid and small, a person that's stupid and small having an effect that gargantuan, and so they invent, you know, great conspiracies that are proportional to the effect, and that's really common.
Speaker 3: The idiot that killed Charlie Kirk. You kind of feel like a guy like Charlie Kirk deserves a better story, yes, for his assassination than this idiot.
Speaker 1: And I've told this story before, but it made a hell of an impression on me as a young man. Mike Royko was a brilliant columnist for the Chicago Tribune. He was robbed at gunpoint on a street. Guy stuck a gun in his face. And Royko, who had fought in World War Two, started a family, raised children, built a career, et cetera really influential guy, really well thought of. I loved him. Said, this stupid idiot, loser has the power to end my life and it's about to happen. That's just wrong. And that was the overwhelming emotion he was feeling. That is proportionality paradox.
Speaker 3: That is wrong, and that's where the just painful grief comes from. And how right way we've got.
Speaker 1: To punish the crap out of people who do that sort of thing. Lefties, Marxists, blue states and cities. All right, now I'm angry. You got a completely different thing.
Speaker 3: After this, somebod came up with a good name for the elephant, oh tell you about?
Speaker 1: After this excellent. Yes, let's think about our dogs, the dogs we love. I'm thinking about Backsie right now, and already my mood is improving. A word from our friends at rough Greens. Don't change your dog's food. Just add rough Greens. It's not a dog food, it's a live nutritional supplement. You add your dogs and it has all sorts of health benefits, from improving nutrient absorption to maintaining joint and muscle health, enhancing overall fatality, especially as your dog ages. Yep, you keep your regular.
Speaker 3: Dog food that your dog has been eaten, and you know where to buy it, and you know their a digestive system is used to it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But then you just add a scoop of Roughgreens, a live nutritional supplement, and you can try it and it ain't gonna cost hardly anything. Roughgreens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. You just cover the shipping. Use the discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial bag at roughgreens dot com spelled ruff roughgreens dot com.
Speaker 1: Roughgreens was created by a naturopathic doctor who's been helping humans and their pets for over twenty five years, roughgreens dot com use that promo code armstrong don't change your dog's food, just add rough Greens watch the health benefits come alive woolf.
Speaker 3: So they're opening up the naming of a baby elephant at the zoo, well kind of with the full understanding that you can't trust people. They'll come up with names like Bodie mcwaite, boat face or whatever. Anyway, somebody suggested Ivory Trunkerson, Ivory Trunker and son. It's pretty good. Ivory Trunkerson, ladies and gentlemen, Ivory trunk and tips and scaet. You know, I was so amused by that thing.
Speaker 1: Stampy mctrunk face. Do you have that handy, that Tony Coppolo thing. It's short, it's pretty funny. Could you play that again? Okay, yeah, I get to hear it again. Naming the elephant you can't trust people.
Speaker 4: Twenty five National Zoo has welcomed a new baby elephant, the first there in twenty five years, described as alert and bright eyed, weighing in at three hundred and eight pounds at birth. Fans can now vote to name the new elephant on the zoo's website, but We all know how this sort of thing has gone.
Speaker 1: In the past.
Speaker 4: When Greenpeace asked for help naming an endangered whale in two thousand and seven, mister splashy pants.
Speaker 1: Is what the public chose.
Speaker 4: Then we got body mcbote face in twenty sixteen, when the United Kingdom asked the public to vote on names for our research vessel of all things that inspired the Australian racehorse named Yes Horsey mc horse face.
Speaker 1: Lessons have been learned and the.
Speaker 4: National Zoo is asking for the public's help naming this beautiful new elephant. But you only get to choose between four options. The zoo has already approved this zoo is apparently not interested in your America for trunky mctrunk face.
Speaker 3: Mister splashy pants, you gonna end up with more and more amused zoogoers with Ivory Trunkerson or whatever.
Speaker 1: Banile name you chose. This is a Swahili named for elephants. This is one of your four possibilities.
Speaker 3: It indicates the majesty in the whatever.
Speaker 5: Yes, Katie, the four possibilities are weak too, are they? Yeah? I sent him over. They're they're weak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not surprised one of them means.
Speaker 5: You've got blossom. What Lynn, my spirit blossom? Okay, Just like Joe predicted, towne means gentle and beloved.
Speaker 1: They all have to be some sort of meaningful. Two.
Speaker 3: Aang traditionally means snow, referencing your winter birth. All right, whatever, it's all Vietnamese words. Lame law Again. I thought this was a mark. We're in America, all.
Speaker 5: Right, trunk you Mick trunk face exactly.
Speaker 1: Elephants are immigrating and taking our zoo jobs. Well, we actually have interesting stuff out of the Epstein files and it might bring down a prime minister in Great Britain, isn't that something? I say more on that.
Speaker 3: A little bit later, and a lot of stuff on the waist to here. As Joe mentioned earlier in the show, he got some more practically every day interesting AI stuff to tell you about, including some major investments by big companies.
Speaker 1: And how much of the economy is kind of linked into those giant investments. So stay tuned for that. This is so interesting. I mentioned this, I don't know, like a week ago, but I dig Dug Moore into it and I was just astounded by it. The National Park Service runs the President's House in Philadelphia. It's where Washington and Adams lived as presidents back when that was the capital. But the entire historical experience was turned woke. And here's what I'm talking about. And by the way, Josh Shapiro was against the fixing of this. So the entire site was about Washington being a slave owner. One sign declared the site has been transformed into a space that honors the lives of those enslaved. And then this writer says, when I interviewed Ken Burns asked who is the greatest hero in the documentary of the American Revolution? He said, Oh, without a question, it's George Washington. We don't have a country without him. Definitely.
Speaker 3: What is that word they always use, the guy we couldn't live without indispensable man?
Speaker 1: Right. The President's House site features ruins of the house. It was mostly torn down in eighteen thirty two. It did not emphasize Washington's heroic virtues or actions because he had brought several slaves north with him as president. It described his actions as deplorable, profoundly disturbing, and having mocked the nation's pretense to be a beacon of liberty. He and the other founders were accused of injustice and immorality. Sign headings read Washington's deceit and Washington's death and a renewed hope for freedom. Meanwhile, visitors were told that enslaved labor played a dominant role in the nation's economy, and even that slaves built the nation. An extensive slavery timeline neglected to mention the Civil War. The site not only ignored Washington's role in shaping the young Republic, but failed to present his actual views and actions regarding slavery. Such an account would know he was a slaveholder, but also that he declared the gradual elimination of slavery to be among my first wishes. It would mention his role in drafting the Fairfax Resolves in Mount Vernon seventeen seventy four, which condemned the slave trade as a wicked, cruel and unnatural one and called for putting an entire stop to it. I don't know why people can't deal with this. I really don't. Well, most people can.
Speaker 3: It's just somehow the people that can't or don't want to deal with it, like grown ups, end up in charge of the plaques.
Speaker 1: Well can't deal with what has grown ups.
Speaker 3: Slavery existed, but you gotta give credit to the dude who formed this whole country and all the things he did. How can you not deal with those two things existing at the same time but emphasize the fact that the father of our country played this role.
Speaker 1: But again, you've got two groups of people. You've got the soft heads you're thinking about. The activists know precisely what they're doing. You've got to portray George Washington as merely a devil. You've got to separate people from their history and their truth. The Marxist snow precisely. But the fact that we allow that to happen is so frustrating. That's that's why Marxists always use quasi moral arguments, because they know people will hear them and think, well, I want to be a good person, so I guess I agree with that, and they fall for the hardcore activists, you know plots. It's a perfect example of this disgusting speaking of disgusting, and Trump trying to get rid of that is seen as you know, evil book, Bernard Nazi something yeah, exactly. In fact, Josh Shapiro said, it's an effort to rewrite and whitewash our history, and you just lost my vote, jackass. Speaking of Jacks is in immorality. People who's stuck with Jeffrey Epstein? Why I don't think it's the Israeli's or anything mysterious. I think it's that they liked the lifestyle. You think it's class more than anything else.
Speaker 5: Stay with us, Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 6: London's Metropolitan Police launching a criminal probe into allegations of misconduct when Peter Mandelsson was Business Secretary back in the late two thousands, but the Prime Minister's judgment is also now under scrutiny.
Speaker 1: I regret appointing him.
Speaker 3: If I knew then what I know now, he would never be anywhere near government.
Speaker 6: Given the fallout, there is also the question of what Epstein was doing and why the Polish government is now investigating whether Russian intelligence services may have been involved.
Speaker 1: Ooh boy, mm they're talking about Peter Mandelsson there. He's a British high official in the Labor Party and as I mentioned earlier, this guy has been booted out of office now through times for a serious scandal, including you know, finding it not like he was rude to somebody in an elevator like insider information and betrayal of the British people and all, but they keep dragging him back. But so this I wish I knew more about it.
Speaker 3: First of all, watchers of British politics believe this might actually bring down the Prime minister the scandal. And this dude isn't accused of sex stuff, right, it's bribe stuff. Yeah, that's where it gets really interesting and brings us pretty directly back to what we were talking about earlier.
Speaker 1: And I wanted to continue why people stuck with Epstein after he was convicted of the initial underage prostitution, soliciting, trafficking king and then was accused of an investigated four and was going to be tried for even more serious charges. And I know a lot of people have all sorts of wild spy you know, drenched you know, theories in all, but in reading a bunch these and we've got a different group of them now, it strikes me as here's how I illustrated. So you got a friend you know, you're just you're friendly with her, you like them, okay, but that's it. Then you got a friend who you like them, and they have their own plane and sometimes I don't know what's your pleasure. For me, it'd be sometimes they take their plane to really cool golf courses a couple of states away and you all play golf and blah blah blah, and then you fly back and it's really really cool. Maybe you like to go to New York for the theater whatever. You have a friend who says, yeah, hey, I'm taking the Gulf Stream to New York to catch the latest show that I have tickets for. You want to come? You might put up with a little more of you know, he smacks his lips when he eats his food or she eats her food. But and imagine if somebody had so much wealth and connections, they could connect you to well, a private resort island where all the pleasures of life are availed. You don't pay a dime. Probably you meet all sorts of rich and famous and interesting people, and you might want to stay friends with that person, for instance, British billionaire rich.
Speaker 3: And occasionally he throws in things like, hey, are your son's going to college? You know, I know some people where's he wanting to go? And then gets him into Georgetown or whatever, and yeah, happy.
Speaker 1: To write a letter. I know the president of the university. I'll just you know what, I'll call him. You're thinking wow, Yeah, And as was described, who was it? Was it Mark Halpern, somebody a good journalist. It might have been, Yeah, Helpern was talking to what's her face? The skinny blonde gallo has gone crazy and gone Tucker Carlson, Megan Kelly, Megan Kelly right about he you would literally be invited to a dinner party with Bill Gates and Katie Kirk when she was at the height of their fame. They were at the height of their family. So billionaire Richard Branson wrote to Epstein in twenty thirteen after hosting him at one of his Giants estates. It was really nice seeing you today. The boys in water sports can't stop speaking about it. Anytime you're in the area. Would love to see you, as long as you bring your harem, he wrote. Branson then outline outlined a public relations strategy centered on Bill Gates. He suggested Gates could say publicly that Epstein had been a brilliant advisor, that Epstein quote slipped up many years ago by sleeping with a seventeen and a half year old woman and was punished for it, okay, and that Epstein quote had more than learnt your lesson and done nothing that's against the law, sins. And yes, as a single man, you seem to have a penchant for women, but there's nothing wrong with that. Now. A spokeswoman for Branson said Epstein used the word harem to refer to adult women's he brought women, he brought along, and Branson wouldn't have used it if you knew of his crimes. This was in twenty thirteen. Keep in mind after it had already been convicted and done time. She said, Branson supports reaplitating form offenders and made a general comment Depstein about moving on. Richard believes Epstein's actions were abhorrent and supports the right to justice for as many victims. She said, now here's a super prominent woman lawyer.
Speaker 3: Now I've heard that presented as when he said harem, that's a one hundred percent he was talking about underage girls.
Speaker 1: Well that's not obvious. No, that's not proof of anything. Steve Bannon, the former Trump White House strategist right oh Maga, pushed a more aggressive approach than the lady lawyer, who was trying to help him rehabilitate his image. In June of twenty eighteen, Bannon messaged Epstein with an urgent assessment, who was running this op on?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Something serious going on? It's an op, dude. I do this for a living. The pieces that are dropping are deeply researched. This is a sophisticated op. Five months later, the Miami Herald published Perversion of Justice, interviewing Epstein victims on the record and raising questions about Epstein's lif lenient plea deal back in the earlier two thousands.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's interesting. Who did make that decision to go after Epstein.
Speaker 1: By early twenty nineteen, Epstein Bannon were in regular contact about strategy. Epstein asked Bannon whether to respond publicly and how. Banton council restraint, warning that public engagement would only extend the news cycle. No comment from Bannon since then, you got Noam Chompsky again. I've watch in feb nineteen when all of this was the really ugly stuff was coining of light freaking non Chompsky, Nom Chomsky, the wokest of the woke, the I mean fully believes all that microaggression BS and all the language policing and all that stuff. He's okay with helping this guy get out of trouble. In February of twenty nineteen, Epstein received the message from Chomsky, who also wrote, Bababl, I've watched the horrible way you are being treated in the present public. It's painful to but I think the best way to proceed is to ignore it. Less than a year prior, Epstein had transferred about two hundred and seventy thousand dollars to the former MIT professor, who said in twenty twenty three the transfer involved movement of his own funds and wasn't a payment from Epstein. When asked about his relationship with Epstein, Chemsky told The Wall Street Journal, first response is that it is none of your business or anyone's. Second is that I knew him and we met occasionally, and he wouldn't comment beyond that. One troubling.
Speaker 3: Facet of human nature that seems to be pretty true for a lot of people, most people, is.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 3: Rationalize things in your head when you really want them, when you want a certain result. It seems like we all can do that, And I don't know from an evolutionary standpoint why we have the ability to do that. But you know, if you really want this job, relationship, chunk of cash, house, outcoming a trial, whatever it is, you can rationalize all kinds of things that you might initially known we're wrong or bad, but you have twist in your head some sort of convoluted logic to come up with a way to get there.
Speaker 1: And apparently we all can do that. Yeah, some a little and some a ton. I think. Yeah. And now if we take a fairly timely break, there's all sorts of interesting news from the world of AI we could touch on. We want.
Speaker 3: I love the idea that we got a late night joke off about the Olympics. I'd like to get to at some point let's do that, So stay tuned. We won't get to some of that AI stuff at some point. We got a whole nother hour of show left, hour four that we will get to, which will include clips of the week.
Speaker 1: Here's your keep you interested. Note from the AI thing. They're spending zillions of dollars and there are a lot of companies spending tremendous amounts of money. A lot of it's borrowed, and a lot of it's borrowed from banks, including Big Banks, and a lot of the companies that are going to be decimated perhaps by AI are borrowing big from big banks. What if that all went kerb Bluey Anyway Station.
Speaker 3: So the opening ceremony the Winter Olympics tonight, looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: I always like watching that. I don't know why. I get a kick out of watching.
Speaker 3: Young people from all these different countries and you know, so excited to be there. You know, the United States, you become a big star and you're you're playing in front of draive Skys. But most of these athletes from these little countries, they've never been in a stadium like that, full of people and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: I just love that. Well, and a lot of the American kids are in obscure sports too. And then you see our big team in the red, white and blue. It's fun. But yeah, countries march out and you're like, that's a country and they got two guys, but those guys are super excited. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's kind of charming. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the late night talk show hosts tried to make some jokes out of the Olympics. And we do this thing where we gather all the different jokes and have a late night joke off.
Speaker 1: How does this work, Joe jack I will be grading each attempt at humor and the bottom grade getter will be banned from comedy for life. Let's here, Michael. The opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics.
Speaker 7: The most accomplished amateur athletes from all the countries in the world who hate us are gathered in Italy right now. I'll tell you nothing gets me going more than spandex clad Lithuanians on a nine hour tape delay.
Speaker 8: The Winter Olympics opening ceremony.
Speaker 1: And fat skater.
Speaker 8: Aaron Jackson and Bob's letter Frank Delduca will be the flag bearers for Team USA.
Speaker 1: Aaron says she's thrilled.
Speaker 8: Well, Frank said, it'll be tough to perform with that three other guys pressed against him.
Speaker 1: It's like turn you know Kimmel shockingly with an A minus. Its pretty It started bad, but it got better. Fallon with a C and that's generous because I like him. Yeah, Myers winning with an A. Congratulations Seth Myers. That was the by athletes that there was short and punchy. Jimmy, I'm sorry, Jimmy you're banned from comedy for life.
Speaker 3: So the last I don't know how many opening ceremonies have included Savannah Guthrie of NBC, and she's not going to be there tonight for obvious reasons. Do you think they'll reference that at all? Is it just such a downer that you'd I don't know how you handle it. I think they will.
Speaker 1: I think they will say something to the effect of our colleague Savannah Guthrie was supposed to be here. I think we all know that Ordealer family is going through and want her to know she's in our thoughts and prayers. So here's Al Roker, right, here's Al Roker and spandex clad Lithuanians.
Speaker 5: You don't think they'd say, if you have any information on the case, call such and such a number two much?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: I think used to be Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie all the time. Then he got caught in a sex scandal. You don't think they'll throw in. I think the brother in law did it. You don't think they'll throw that in. I doubt it.
Speaker 1: So why do you think so?
Speaker 3: I mentioned this earlier? So I'm watching Fox and they had a reporter in a car driving from brother in law's house to missing mom's house the entire way and talking about how far it is, how close it is, what the roads are like, what are.
Speaker 1: They what are they suggesting there? I don't know if I have no idea. I just I'm reminded of an old boss of ours, so many many years ago, who said, these stories, you gotta it's like waves in Malibu. Now. I'd never spent a single second of my life in Malibu at that point, and I had no idea what he's talking about. But he said, you know, sometimes there's big waves, some days there's little waves. Sometimes they're tiny waves. But you got to keep the waves going to keep people interested in the store. Man, because there's interest here.
Speaker 3: That's some well there is interest in the story, no doubt, but that's some thin gruel of We're going to ride in a car between the two houses so you can see the actual road.
Speaker 1: Okay, this gives me nothing. We're going to show you the neighborhood. We're going to drive you along the route that the kidnapper almost certainly took, as it's the only way out of the subdivision. That sort of thing, that's what they'll go with. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The biggest news to yesterday to me was those red droplets were her blood.
Speaker 1: That is bad news.
Speaker 3: I mean the fact that she was bleeding as she was taken out of the house not good, you know, Yeah, no, it's not good.
Speaker 1: Of course it's not good. You get somebody that old. They they wouldn't take much of a Joscelyn before they were bleeding a little bit. I don't know how much blood there was, but yeah, it's terrible. It's absolutely terrible. Anyway, I want edition music, but I wonder how it's not done.
Speaker 3: I wonder how many days we all hang on to this story because we could be at the end of new information very quickly, already.
Speaker 1: Could grow cold. Yeah, yeah, that would be horrible, but it's certainly possible. Yeah. Again, I call for transition music. The great Roger Miller. I wish I'd learned to play the saxophone in my youth. It's still late now, it's not too late. Now, it's too late. I'm old. Everybody knows that I took up the piano a couple of years ago. I enjoyed every day, And what good hasn't done you enjoy and good for your brain.
Speaker 3: I sit in my bedroom singing songs playing the piano every night.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds fabulous, but it's too late for me, as I think I mentioned so. On the other end of the life scale, Katie came up with this. We actually the other day on the Armstrong You Get any One More Thing podcast, we had an absolutely charming conversation in my opinion, about baby's laughter and that scientists are finally starting to recognize laughing as a significant developmental milestone and then trying to provoke laughter as another milestone. The more you think about it, the more you realize, oh my god, that's an incredibly sophisticated thing for a creature's brain to do. Yeah, that's a milestone. Thought it was wonderful. Anyway. Another one newborns. Well, here's the headline, which oddly sounds like the line to a song. Babies are born ready for rhythm, while melody takes time. Actually you get the rhythm was off there. Melody takes time. Anyway. According to the study, newborns can predict musical beats within the first two days of life. What how did they put figure that out? They gave them drumsticks, put them behind a drum set, get busy kid, play along, all right, dick, But the brain showed no response to melodic patterns. Stupid, stupid babies. They had forty nine babies listening to bach piano pieces while scientists measured their brain waves using EEG technology.
Speaker 3: Oh is this bad news for parents that I know in the kind of town I live in who played classical music for their baby with the idea.
Speaker 1: That that was going to turn them into geniuses. Ah, it probably won't. But two day old babies can already sense when a musical beat is off, but their brain shows a little sign of tracking melodies. That's the main finding from research that recorded brain activity in forty nine sleeping newborns while classical piano music played through tiny earphones.
Speaker 3: That story is your newborn is sleeping, so take a nap or clean the kitchen.
Speaker 1: God, you study them if you want. I'm grabbing an app Yeah. Scientists discovered the babies into the world ready to groove to rhythm, but learning to appreciate a tune tune takes much more time. Study helps explain to my parents. Instinctively rock, bounce and sway with fussy infants. Babies appeior especially tuned to rhythm. I think we've known that for a long time. It's because there's a sway in the in uterow the you know, the summary of it is really all you need to know. So this is a shot at drummers. So what you're saying is even babies can play the drums. What do you call an idiot who hangs around musicians? Yes, but so not fair. The physical structures needed for processing pitch also takes time to mature. Adult brains can distinguish subtle frequency differences, and we have multiple notes in the melodic patterns. Newborn brains can hear that notes are different, but they can't predict what note might come next based on melody. That's a more sophisticated skill that likely develops because they've heard melodies. So I don't there's no downside of playing Bach through your belt.
Speaker 3: Sure, of course, mostly bad Bunny, that's what I would play. That's what you should go with. Gety lots of bad Bunny. Whatever gets your kid going.
Speaker 1: You could play Nirvana's in Utero in case your baby has a sense of humor and irony.
Speaker 3: If you're saying missing a segment of the show, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, Armstrong and Getty