Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy centralow.
Speaker 2: I'm the most trusted journalists at Comedy Central. It's America's Holy Sorts produce. This is the Daily Sun with your holes jazy lin.
Speaker 3: L so much to talk about Tonight, Donald Trump manages to make Elon Musk seem normal. Kamala Harris has a secret admirer and Olympian.
Speaker 4: Gold medalist Gabby Thomas is here.
Speaker 3: Let's get right in John with another installment of Indecision twenty four. Donald Trump is trying to reach out to undecided voters, but he also knows that sometimes you got to work the base. Luckily, there's one place where all the far right mouth breathers come together, Twitter or X.
Speaker 4: If you're nasty, what could go wrong?
Speaker 1: Overnight? Former President Trump holding a free wheeling, albeit glitch filled conversation on X with its owner Elon.
Speaker 5: Musk technical issues delaying it from the start for more than forty minutes, must blaming a so called denial of service attack, saying the massive attack illustrates there's a lot of oppositions people just hearing what President Trump has to say that we provided no evidence of such a cyber attack.
Speaker 6: I think it's pretty obvious at this point that this is the deep state.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Only the deep state could make Elon Musk's website suck, just like they're to blame for making his cars look like a Dolorean whose mom smoke during pregnancy. But if there's a deep state trying to silence Donald Trump, you suck at your job, okay, because he is the opposite of silent. There is no one more unsilent than Donald Trump right now, Hey, deep State, look.
Speaker 4: At me, look at me. Do better, do better.
Speaker 3: But eventually they sold the technical issue and got the conversation going, although it sounded like the glitch had moved from the Twitter servers directly to Trump's mouth.
Speaker 7: I want to close up Department of Education, move education back to the states, where states like Iowa, where states like Idaho. You know, not every state will do great.
Speaker 3: What is happening in his mouth? I know the guy's big on slurs, but this is next level. He said it, and look, I know his speech was distracting, but did Sylvester Trump.
Speaker 4: Over here just say that he wants to close the Department of Education? Think this through? Trump? Without schools, where are you going to ban books from? Thank you? It's weird.
Speaker 3: He's even talking about sending teachers to the gulag because Trump has more popular policies, like his proposal to end taxes on tips, which is so popular that Kamala Harris now says that she supports it, and Trump is not happy about that no tax on.
Speaker 7: Tips, And all of a sudden, she's making his pieces and there will be no tax on tips. I said that months ago, and then all of a sudden for politics, she says, you know, she comes out with what.
Speaker 4: I said, tips look look to be fair.
Speaker 3: Kamala did copy Trump's no tax on tips idea, which would make it the first time in history that a woman got credit for repeating a man's idea.
Speaker 4: We did it, girls, and she didn't stop there.
Speaker 3: Kamala also completely ripped off his idea to lead in the polls by three points against a rapidly deteriorating candidate.
Speaker 4: That was his say.
Speaker 8: That was his say.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Obviously, Trump did his fair share of dragging Kamala during this interview, but there were also moments that he took it in a surprising direction.
Speaker 7: A picture of her on Time magazine today, she looked like the most beautiful actress ever to live. It was a drawing and acting. She looked very much like our great first lady Milania. But of course he's a beautiful woman, so we'll live.
Speaker 3: It at that way. Oooh, someone has a crumb? Oh John, where did this come from? Did he have a sex stream about Kamala that he just can't shake? And now everything feels different. You can't focus on anything. He's just going through Time magazine looking for a centerfold. Like either way, I think we finally found the one thing Trump is incapable of lying about. If he thinks someone is hot, he'll say they're hot. He'll lie about winning an election, but he has deep respect for the sanctity of bangability.
Speaker 4: Ye that's noble. That's a noble thing.
Speaker 3: But maybe my favorite part of the entire interview was when Donald Trump told the story of how he threatened Vladimir Putin not to invade Ukraine in the most nineteen nineties way.
Speaker 7: I said to Vladimir Putin, I said, don't do it. You can't do it. Vladimir, you do it, It's going to be a bad day. You cannot do it. And I told them things that what I do. And he said, no way, And I said way.
Speaker 4: No way, a way.
Speaker 3: Where have I heard that high level diplomatic language before?
Speaker 4: No way way?
Speaker 10: Ah?
Speaker 4: Yes, Wayne world, Wayne.
Speaker 3: Quarrel, like Wayne's world, except the wigs have gotten a lot worse now, if we believe Donald Trump, and I always do. His conversation with Vladimir Putin went no way, way, and apparently he spoke to many other world leaders with the same linguistic spirit.
Speaker 9: So Putin said no way, and you said way.
Speaker 1: That's right. And then he said, but I want to invade Ukraine. But I said, Vladimir, do not go in there.
Speaker 11: Whoa?
Speaker 1: And he said all already then, and I said, hello, new in. Right, Motorfront is worse than ever. They're taking ballots and they're making copy.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: So then shinzo Abe calls me and I pick up and I say, wha, what's up? No, you're not saying it right, what's up?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 1: When I was president, the economy wasn't just booming, it was smoking. But then Joe Biden wrecked the economy and all you can say is did.
Speaker 4: I do that?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 9: Yes, and he said got any cheese?
Speaker 1: No, you're not doing it right. So Erdowan asked me, who is this and I go my wife, No, sada ta that's from Pooty tank ever see Pooty Tang.
Speaker 9: No, it didn't get to South Africa.
Speaker 1: Oh it holds up. Man, come over tomorrow and we'll watch it.
Speaker 9: That sounds smoke, Kean, you really said this.
Speaker 3: Twenty late four Olympics just ended with the traditional Tom cruise jumping off the building. For a full recap of the beauty and grace of the games, we turn to Sports War.
Speaker 9: What's your kid?
Speaker 4: We only reasonably watched doing.
Speaker 11: What's up? Idiots?
Speaker 12: I'm right Jang and I'm Michael Costa. This is Sports War, the show where we are legally not allowed to agree.
Speaker 4: With each other.
Speaker 12: So if I say I love begets and I say few croissants for life. And if I say that the best French new wave director is Gudar, well then.
Speaker 11: I say you Truefoe's movies. What justice revolutionary? But what to a white audience is shut the fuck, you philistine.
Speaker 12: Now that the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics are over, you'll probably miss watching women's beach volleyball every day in your office. Learn how to knock Ronnie. But another highlight was the utter dominance of USA Men's basketball.
Speaker 3: Lebron James, Kevin Durant, and Steph Curry teaming up in a thrilling gold medal game against host country France, winning by eleven points.
Speaker 11: It is everything I imagine and more. We all signed up for this mission to continue the USA basketball dominance.
Speaker 12: That's right, suck at France, pack your bags and go back to wherever it.
Speaker 4: Is that you came from.
Speaker 12: This just proves America is the best at the sports that we invent. Costa, are you drooling more on?
Speaker 11: America should be embarrassed that you only beat Friends by eleven points. You basically lost. That score should have been two seventy to twelve. These players shouldn't even be allowed back in the country. Hey, Lebron James, you stay in France. You think about what you just did.
Speaker 12: Ronnie, Ronnie, I swear putting you on TV feels like a make a wish, all right. Not only did Steph and Lebron dominate, but they found a way to make it entertaining against.
Speaker 4: A weak opponent.
Speaker 12: And believe me, it takes real skill to put on a great show, even when you're out there with a smaller, inferior co host.
Speaker 6: Calsa.
Speaker 11: You're the tyrese hallybutton of this team. Okay, only one pizzaval audience even knows who you are.
Speaker 12: Well, you're like the sen river, just filled with diarrhea, which brings us to Tar Costa's Big Balls Better than Night, Which river will Ronnie Chang mysteriously drown? It as always brought to you by gambling. Remember you're not you when you're not gambling.
Speaker 11: Moving on to an unexpected Olympic showdown, it was the return of the world's fastest man against the world's fastest virus.
Speaker 13: It was supposed to be a golden moment for you, as sprinter Noah Lyles speak, but instead, the twenty seven year old failed to take the lead in the two hundred meets event, finishing with a bronze medal. He embraced fellow racers before he knelt to the ground, appearing to struggle for breath. After the race, Lyles revealed he tested positive for COVID two days earlier, but decided to still compete.
Speaker 11: What an incredible accomplishment for now allows and an incredible embarrassment for the people who trained every day for four years and lost to a guy with fluid in his lungs. Yeah, why don't you just keep running off the track and runing the traffish Ronnie.
Speaker 12: Ronnie, like my negative COVID test this morning. You couldn't be more wrong. This was an absolute disaster for the whole world. He won an Olympic medal with COVID in ruin the last ballid excuse we all had to miss work.
Speaker 4: Your shitty boss is.
Speaker 12: Going to be like, if no Lyles can run two hundred meters with COVID, then you got to keep teaching these CPR classes.
Speaker 11: Which brings us to Ronnie's bigg balls bet of the evening. Which disease will Michael Costla get next? Brought to you by gambling? Gambling, it will fix everything. Let's move on to the athlete from Downtown to that everyone is talking about and should to be. This year's most popular Halloween costume.
Speaker 6: Is Australian breaker Reagun went viral for her memorable routine.
Speaker 14: Rachel Gunn, the be girl from Australia, failed to score a single point during her Olympics competition, going ahead to have with some of the world's best breakers during the sports Olympic debut.
Speaker 6: Her signature moves include the Sprinkler and the Kangaroo Hop. Reagan actually has a PhD in breakdance and was Australia's only woman to qualify for the Olympics.
Speaker 12: Wow, thank you Australia.
Speaker 4: That was inspirational.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she's the Australian breakdancing Jamaica bob sled team of the French Olympics. She was so bad with so much confidence. Some experts are speculating that she had Ronnie Chang syndrome.
Speaker 11: I hope that took this guy shoots you in your stupid face, right, this was This was a terrible moment for the Olympics, for Australia, for descendants of criminals, for dancers, for kangaroos, for white people that I want to be black. It just shows you the pathetic level of talent in Australia. You fit in perfectly cause of the.
Speaker 12: Whole fit in a country of tall, tan, hot people. And I say good time. Finally, as we say goodbye to the Paris Olympics, let's take a look at the final medal count. Whoa look at that one hundred and twenty six medals in the United States has clearly won the Olympics. USA.
Speaker 4: Oh, but what, oh no, what's that?
Speaker 12: Singapore is only one one medal? Hey, Ronnie, where.
Speaker 11: Did you grow up again? Costa? You have a big ad dick in that French poll Votos actual gif right if you factor in population size the US act, he finished fifty nineth in medals pla capitol and by that that took, you know, bootball almost fifty times better than the US.
Speaker 12: Granada, Ronnie, you idiot, It's pronounced Canada. Learn the language. Bringing us two our free ball in College Fund Quadrupler bet of the evening. Which country that Ronnie grew up in will embarrass themselves at the twenty twenty eight Olympics brought to you by gambling. It's not an addiction if you win, all right, well a lot of time. Join us next time on sportswear Well, we're gonna debate if Simon Miles is so good?
Speaker 4: Why isn't she taller?
Speaker 2: You're taller?
Speaker 11: You saw what time?
Speaker 6: Shut up?
Speaker 9: Which call.
Speaker 3: Love the Mexic Daily Show, My guests and I just returned from the Paris Olympics after winning three gold medals for Team USA. Congratulations, you must be over the moon, good lord. Three gold medals, one gold in the two hundred meter sprint, another gold in the four by one hundred relay, another gold in the four by four hundred relays.
Speaker 4: I feel like I just ran.
Speaker 3: Americon, just getting through all of your accolades. This is amazing. Congratulations, Thank you. Honestly very relieved to be back in America.
Speaker 8: I was overseas for about a month and just so grateful, I really am.
Speaker 4: This is years in the making.
Speaker 8: I've been trained for this moment for five years, and so to have it all turn out this way is truly incredible for me.
Speaker 3: Oh, two rods, we just saw you win the two hundred meter race. You were so far ahead everyone else, Like, what was the moment that you realized, Oh my god, I'm going to win the gold?
Speaker 8: So truthfully, I had been envisioning myself winning that race over and over again the entire time that I was in Paris, and so in my head when I got into the starting blocks, I had already won the race. I had believed that I was an Olympic champion. But the true moment that I realized I had won was coming off the curve. Anyone who watches my track career knows that I finished my races really strongly, and the last hundred meters is my bread and butter. And so if I can come off the first hundred meters ahead, I kind of I know I've won the race soon.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You essentially manifested this for yourself. Is there anything you can do about the upcoming election? Acting for a friend?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 3: One of my favorite moments and all of this was getting to see your mom's reaction the moment that you want. Can you talk about how instrumental she's been throughout your journey?
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness. I can go on and on about my mom and her support.
Speaker 4: So I grew up with them. Yeah, I know her.
Speaker 8: I mean, my mom has believed in me since I since I've been born. I grew up with a single mom. I grew up with her and my twin brother, and she has done everything for us from you know, she started as a waitress and then worked her way and now is a professor of an endowed Chairman professorship at the University of Michigan. And so I watched her, I've watched her my entire life work really hard for something and to make her dream happen. And she's always instilled in me the importance of not only education, but going after your dreams and giving back to your community. And so she was the best role model that I could have ever imagined having.
Speaker 4: And she told me I will never.
Speaker 8: Forget when I was nine, maybe ten years old, that I had a light in me and that I was going to shine very brightly and that it was my purpose to do so and give it back to the world. And I will never forget that conversation. But just constantly having that type of validation, having that type of a role model to look up to, it got me to where I am.
Speaker 3: Training for the Olympics is clearly an enormous amount of physical training and exertion, but what about the mental aspect of it, all of the pressure of feeling like you have to perform in this moment, in this moment in time. Do you have coping mechanisms that you deal with, Because I pretty much have a mental breakdown within the first four minutes of hot yoga.
Speaker 8: How do you manage all of Oh gosh, yeah, a lot of people don't realize that our sport half of it is mental. You can prepare physically every day and be so physically prepared, but if you're mentally not there. You just you're not going to be great. You know you can be good, but you can't be great. And I remember telling all of my loved ones before I competed at the Olympics. I don't know how I could have prepared for this moment, because there is nothing like walking out into that stadium and seeing eighty thousand people on top of you, millions of people watching at home and in track and field. It's just you out there. You don't have a team to rely on. There are no doovers, there's no next play. This is it and this is your moment, and if you don't do it in that moment, then it's over. And gosh, for me, that was a lot of pressure to take on. But I was as prepared as I could have been. I do a lot of meditation exercises, I did my visualizations of the race, I did all of my positive self talk, and I just have a healthy relationship with the sport and myself in the sport. So while I did believe that I could win the gold medal, I also knew that it was okay if I didn't. All I had to do was put my best self forward and be the best athlete that I could be.
Speaker 4: So you're saying no burden, no book, no Burdon, no Burken, no burthn.
Speaker 3: Well, as though it's not enough to be a three time gold medalist medalist. You also graduated from Harvard with the bachelor's in neurobiology, You have a you have a master's in public health. Do you use your neurobiology education and to help inform the way that you train?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 8: I think I actually had a bit of an advantage studying neurobiology when I was an undergrad because I grew to have a very deep understanding of how the brain could actually help you athletically and what was important. For example, recovery is huge in our sport. It is almost as important as the actual racing and the actual practicing. And understanding neuroplasticity and the neural pathways and how they change when you're doing certain things for your recovery was really important. Understanding how sleep was very important if you're not getting enough sleep every day, how that can detrimentally affect your training, How can it affect how you compete, and just really having that understanding for it, Understanding how going through training and the repetition, the muscle memory, all of that is integral to being successful in track and field. So actually understanding that and appreciating it, I think really helped me. It's different from your coach just telling you you go get eight hours of sleep, you really need it. But I really appreciated.
Speaker 3: It as though it's not enough. All that you do, you're endlessly impressive. You dedicate a lot of your time towards volunteer work with the health Clinic in Texas, providing medical care for people who don't have health insurance. Why is this kind of work so important to you?
Speaker 8: Mainly because I believe everybody deserves equal access to health care.
Speaker 4: Simply.
Speaker 8: But when I was in school studying neurobiology, I started taking a few sociology courses as well to complement it, and I realized that there were a lot of things we don't learn about the healthcare system in our regular curriculum, and I was being exposed to it, and I drew a passion for studying and gaining a foundation and racial disparities in health care, and it just really struck me to my core, especially being a black woman in America, and now that I'm actually seeing it in real time in Austin at the Volunteer health Care Clinic. There are just so many things that we can do better. I mean, these are people who really don't have access to health care otherwise, I don't know where they returned to.
Speaker 4: And we are people.
Speaker 8: It's a volunteer based clinic, so these are people who are dedicating time I'm out of their day to give just primary primary care, preventive care education. And it's unfathomable to me that these people would have nowhere else to turn to if this clinic didn't exist.
Speaker 4: And it's just so simple.
Speaker 8: It's a simple concept, right, we could increase funding for it and people can have access to healthcare so easily, and that's what we do with the clinic. And it's really just near and dear to my heart because everybody deserves that.
Speaker 3: It's so inspired that you do, love Aye, I refuse to ask the question what will you do next?
Speaker 4: Because, for the.
Speaker 3: Love of God, you just want three gold medals. You should celebrate it and enjoy it. So what I'm curious about is how are you celebrating this incredible moment.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm just really excited to go back home to Austin, Texas. To be honest and spend time with my puppy, Rico, get.
Speaker 4: Back into my morning routine.
Speaker 8: I'm going to my local coffee shop, go see my friends and family and get to celebrate with them just in our home setting, and then maybe plan a vacation after that. But I just can't wait to get back to my normal life.
Speaker 4: I'd say you in a pretty nice vacation.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you for any college, anyhome.
Speaker 4: We're gonna give me. We'll be right after that, right.
Speaker 9: Now here, this live.
Speaker 10: The good news is mister Trump was on message reminding people of his substantive, successful policies. In other words, full of insights, not insults. Good day's work, wouldn't you say, Folks.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus
Speaker 4: Paramount Podcasts