Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you. I smell pop culture with Eastern.
Speaker 1: Allen and iHeart radio podcast. That's right, friends, I am Easton Allen. I am a person here on the podcast and I can smell things, and this week I am smelling pop culture. That's right, it is. I am all in. I smell pop culture. The reason you're here is because you love Gilmore Girls. I love Gilmore Girls. You love Gilmore Girls. That's why we're here. And we are going to take a big old whiff. We're gonna inhale. We're gonna show off one of our five senses, and that is the sense of smell. To figure out the pop culture references in Gilmore Girls. Where do they come from, who are they, where are they going? Who are the people that make them pop culture references? Who are the icons that brings to life. We're going to talk to them all, and that is what we're here to do this week. Oh my god, you guys, this week we're talking to a legend. I always say that every week I meet at this time a true legend. But before I tell you who we're talking to, I got to bring you back to the world of Gilmer Girls. We're going to start as hollow for a moment. We're going to season one episode ten. If you're sitting at home listening to this, you got your finger on your Apple TV, your Roku remote, you're pulling up Netflix to watch along. Go to season one episode ten. Hey, if we're getting specific here, fast forward to like thirty three minutes. Richard's in the hospital and Lorelei and Rory are in the waiting room trying to get snacks out of the vending machine. And in this moment, Lourlai, You'll remember from the last episode that Rory and Dean fell asleep together at Miss Patti's and in this episode, Dean tries to get Rory's attention by tapping on the window and Lourai catches him. They have a conversation, and now we're in this moment. In season one, episode ten, Rory and Loralai are talking in this waiting room and Laurai tells Rory that Dean pulled the old tap in on the window a bit, and Rory says, you know, nothing happened, and Lourlai believes her. Laura trusts her, and she says this quote Rory, there are only two things that I totally trust in this entire world. The fact that I will never be able to understand what Charro is saying no matter how long she lives in this country. And you what a tender moment between mother and daughter. But also who is Charro? What is that? Who is Charo? Charo is an actress, a comedian, one of the best Flamenco guitarists to ever live, a pop culture icon for decades now. I remember when I was growing up, Charro was just everywhere. Everyone was making Charro jokes. Charro was on my TV My favorite memories of Charro. She voiced a character that looked exactly like her in the movie Thumbolina. She played Missus Toad. And if you are a nineties animation fan, you know thumb Berlina and Charro is in it, and again it's a frog that looks just like Charro. Charro was also in the Pee Wee's Playhoffs Christmas Special, which is very near and dear to my heart. I love Charo. If you if you aren't familiar with her work, she is. She's known as the kuci Cuchi girl. Cuci Cucci was her catchphrase. She would say it all the time. It doesn't really mean anything. Is this kind of a collection of sounds, but it is a phrase that took the nation in the world by storm. She is truly living the American dream. Charro is an icon, a legend. We are going to talk to Charro. We are going to find out if you can understand what she's saying, because Laura I can't. Uh and uh, hopefully you can because we're gonna hang out there for a while here. But it is I smell pop culture. Charo is here, Cucci, Cucci. Let's go. It's nice to meet you. My name is Easton. Thanks for doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you.
Speaker 4: It's a pleasure. It's a pleasure talking to you. I love your shat.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, thank you. I'm such a big fan. This is truly an honor for me to talk to you today. This is gonna be so fun.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: The honor is mine because this is very important issue that I am. Okay, I don't want you miss gon cruse me. Okay, I don't have ego. Ye, of course no, I don't have it. I have a big mouth, no ego. So that proves to me. And they said, you know what, would you find out that you were the pioneer that did everything that is changed, the music, the fashion, the only one name the Gucci Gucci think okay And I said okay, what and they said no. The generation see I call a generational zipper. They're supposed to know because they discovered midia instrum. Thank god to the Internet, social media, every single way that the past don't disappear.
Speaker 3: They discovered with you, with.
Speaker 4: Your job with the journalist, everything that before they was born, they were somebody who was and who this person did it? And why this person did it? It was many persons, okay, but I was actually they told me the pioneer the vote.
Speaker 3: It was me. Well, I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 4: Why I came to America with my sister when my Puciuchi was only a I was looking for really a dream, to find a new world, to start a because America was so big for you, for Spain, especially when I was bord in the south of Spain, a sil Murcia. That we used to love the movie that they show it, although when they showed the movie was already maybe twenty or three year old, but we love it. I remember Doria Cena. Yes, we came full of passion and live America. And one thing that I want to share with the generation see is you got to believe yourself. You got to trust what you think that is good. It's so this is very important. I know great artor that's supposed to make it and they never make it because they intimidated when they went to AU this show and you were very embarrassed in my time that you go and there is three people said down, look like you know what that bridge had to tell us. So so intimidated, wouldn't be a great opportunity for so many talented people and never happened. Well, the same thing my sister and me, we gain not afraid, not afraid.
Speaker 3: I always said, well.
Speaker 4: If I don't make an America, I can come back sell tomato in Tijuana.
Speaker 3: It was not afraid, trust me, and it was.
Speaker 4: Found but steady into what I believe and what you are going to thank you for helping me. What you are doing is thank you again. There is now unaware waking up of what happened. That the Blue Gee, the Alpha, the music this new generation discovered and when they discovered that it was me. Of course it's going to be an event in a beautiful play tiny when you showed your two a big three or thousand, at least three thousand venue, this tiny place.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's any more than three hundred.
Speaker 4: But it's going to be an event, Catalina Jazz Club. I can wait to go and see it because planet to time, my timing, my entry.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 4: Everybody says that it's so intimate Catalina jack Club, and it will be an explanation with a gray review interviewer. I admire that person asking me really how I feel about that, without even noted. I start with one name, and everybody have a name. Well, I started, show me the way to the bank. But anyway it was I start, yes, stop me if I talk to first, because I speak like a spirit goal.
Speaker 3: Salet stopped me into and said, start all over again.
Speaker 1: We love fast talkers here. Now keep it going.
Speaker 3: We love it you stop me, I say, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Barrel line is that I was very, very kaky, a little kaki beach, but I believe in myself and I was already at the Hotel Sahara that was the most in Las Vega, the most powerful hotel to perform Johnny Carso Shabbi Devia Junior, the Martin and everybody that really was established as a headliner performed there.
Speaker 3: I was very lucky. Johnny Carso liked me.
Speaker 4: I think that he brought me many times because he never knew what the hell I was talking about. And still until the you his life keep on saying, speak slowly and clearly.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Probably a great producer from Philadelphia by the name Vince Montana.
Speaker 3: He was the king of the at that time, was called disco. Okay.
Speaker 4: Probably he saw me several times at the Tu Nai show and then he flew with two more people from the Salsaul Orchestra East. The most beautiful thing that can have a musician. I'm a musician. When I walk and meet the Salso Orchestra is heavy minimum. If I do fifty the best musician in the world, and.
Speaker 1: You recorded to your album Cuchi Cuchi with them.
Speaker 4: Yes, Montana came to see me in Las Vegas, and after that as permit to see me at the dressing room or the sahara, and he said, okay, I saw you at the denight shirt. You are you are different and fun and fear less. I have a great song that I was about to give it to us bigger star than me, he said, don't get offended, but much much, much bigger. But I saw the way handle the audience and on the stage. You that's on it for you. And I said, okay, excuse me, I did not know who was being Montana.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I was so gaggy that I said, don't talk to me with Williams Maurice the president.
Speaker 3: Would you believe in Norman Broco?
Speaker 4: That again, if you go to Norman Broco, take you in his agency, you don't have to worry.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 4: They put in the right pleasure Norman Broco. I said, this is Norman Brogo resting pee, what a great guy. And you call him and don't tell me talk.
Speaker 3: He laughed.
Speaker 4: And obviously he did call Williams more agency and he did talk with totally. Uh what he was going for as if I was able and available to assa nor Manbroco contact me And I said, okay, what is it all about? He said, this man, you have no idea. Who is he making the bigger hit one tero? So we make a deal. I went to Philadelphia, which I love it, but I went with to Borregard one from the Hotel Sahara.
Speaker 3: The guy was working already. I was doing a lot of money with THI and.
Speaker 4: I went to the Bodgard another Bodgar probably be Montana pure thread of my dancer and uh looking for fast with Kai Chorista.
Speaker 3: I got in my luggage at that time.
Speaker 4: You gonna have anything you want to Choria Longania. Everything that they were bringing me into my sister from Spain.
Speaker 3: So it's very intense history. I will in in.
Speaker 4: I don't believe what I saw the whole It was big, beautiful, beautiful and Norman room with the bad musicians in town waiting to meet me. I I almost I almost rom there because I knew it was like I didn't come true a lot a lot African America. But like when you see the movie with phone with the thing, I mean it was a movie. Well, Bi Montana said, did you receive the song that I sent you? And I said yes, did you like it? And I said, well, would you believe in me?
Speaker 3: Well it's a beautiful song, but something is empty. You should see his face.
Speaker 4: You want to kill you. I saw he like if when look at me and all of the musicians thinking, oh the bus is gonna go to the lake and said, I said, something is missing and he said really and I said yeah, And he said, remember that I told you that I could I give it to the big one, but I gave it to you. And I said, I don't want please, don't miss called screw me. I don't want to offend nobody. Please you get the best orchestra in the world, soul, shoul orchestra. The soul is missing. And he was very interested, and keep looking at me. Try to get out of the room. Probably he was breathing, I kill it, but no turn back face to face, he said, and what will you do?
Speaker 3: That have shown? And I was shaking.
Speaker 4: Okay, I said, okay, I will tryston.
Speaker 3: At that time, we're not peace repair. It was not take end of No.
Speaker 4: It was like a franc Sinatra did I when I was seventeen.
Speaker 3: It was a year. It was the mark.
Speaker 4: It was booth Ca Cavinetta. You go there with the regulars. You listen live to the musician, You not listen to a track. Okay, right, I said to the musician, who.
Speaker 3: Are a feeling? When they started playing, what a feeling? I was in heaven. I were very relaxed.
Speaker 4: I just closed my eyes and I listened the song. Then I asked, please, can can you play it again? APOLOGI but I went to to entertain it in here. How the the trompond they repeated again at that time, I sing, and it's cute, you know, yes, a little bit of clothes, very ladies, a little bit ver is sexy. But there is a space of eighth bar where the background go, beautiful singer. I hold you in my arm. And then I got the inspiration. I said, this is this is going to missic. I went in his Spanish and I guess the vocal background in English?
Speaker 3: I go in Spanish, Yo momam, mi corazo and I did.
Speaker 4: I don't know from where I went with that expression. And when we finished, I was so scared to get out from the book. And Montana came out from his books and all the musicians and like that, relaxed with the instrument on the lab and I look at him. I said, what do you see and he said, guys, it's a hit, yes, And everybody.
Speaker 3: Applaud and it's thought. That was the birth of spanklish.
Speaker 4: Hm, it's the first time, trust me, and the document and the video speak for itself. That was the first time that they was allowed in the middle of English English song, I respond with the same translation, because dance a little bit closer, come to me a little bit closer is exactly America day masserca. If they come over me coorrason, it's almost a translation of what I was hearing the allowed, and that was the birth of the Spanish. So now by then a khaki because they all applaud the of course, yeah, now young kaki.
Speaker 3: Now I know that I'm that I'm not going to be kick out.
Speaker 4: Now we are more relaxed. They give a pizza, they give up beer, which I love pizza beer. Excuse me, and said, we relax and the dad said, well, beautiful, you.
Speaker 3: Didn't very good. Think think think of and he said, well, we want to know, you.
Speaker 4: Know, got me in bad that you give you. They give you the week off because they had to earn the Pyramids. Also, Norman broco to the Sahara because I wasn't really doing the great business at that time with the liner, and I said, okay, he said, let's do the whole city. But now I was not scared. I was now they're going to listen to me. Really truly, I was relaxed. We became good friends. I will I can find I wish I can find a pure that we both are dancing. Great men, very humbob uh Italiano with a regard right. I thought at the beginning going say something is empty. I thought that he's gonna say, well, but no, he breathed, He walked toward the door or the studio, came back and said, and what will you do that will be no missing and have so? So he challenged me, controlling himself. Okay, now I had the freedom to suggest what I will do so in that city that we are celebrating. It's a legacy. You had three huge hits. One it's called Dance a little Bit Closer. The other it's called Believe.
Speaker 3: It or not. It's not.
Speaker 4: Riquito b you are are eye que q u I t oh donkey book requito little donkey. Now they was asking me why you want to sing a song that is about a little donkey like you. You don't know he know more than you. It's true, so I said, because it's going to be a huge hit. But it is in the Spanish. Okay, with a letter in English. No, then you will kill the song. Another another piece, another pire that what it were, so they allowed me to do myself that way. I want to share with the generation. See p yourself. Don't get in PREPD with some cell every day did in your car. You know who you are and answer who you are and trust yourself because that what happened to me. It happened to my sister with the costume. So it's a very important event and it's no ego. Please don't miss Kruseing. It's just a legacy that they add to the social media like you radio, Internet, Facebook, Instagram, discover the past that it will be destroyed. It wasn't for this incredible invention of social media, social media save me. When I was very sad, very sad with Corona Tyeing, I asked my husband social media people help each other. And that's why I am talking to you. Thank you for this opportunity. That's why I will accept the war. And that's why. Another question is why.
Speaker 3: Only one name? Yeah, well, ask me a question, actually ask me.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask you that question. But first before we do that, we got to take a quick commercial break. Okay, stick around everybody. There's a lot more charo where this came from. We're back it is. I smell pop culture. My name is Easton. I'm hanging out with Charo, and I gotta ask, Okay, I gotta ask. You're the pioneer of the single name. Where did that come from? Why are you just Charro?
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear my real name?
Speaker 1: Yes? I do very badly.
Speaker 4: Maria Rosario, Pillar, Martinez, Morena Lorenza.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, when.
Speaker 4: You pour in Spain, Maria, your first name, honor the vision Mary. Then Rosario is the Rosari that we pray the pillar. Well, my grandma from my mother's side, Rosario, my grandma from my father's side.
Speaker 3: Pillar.
Speaker 4: Already you had three name Maria, Rosario, Pila. Then start coming your father uh A Peggio and your mother A pegg I said that. I said that I saw my passport when again to America was like a ser pertein. Norman Broco, the president of William Morias, I told you.
Speaker 3: He said, we have a problem, and I said, why the problem? People like you?
Speaker 4: You make a good business for Sahara and Atlantic City. You you're doing good. But I cannot represent you with one name. Okay, yeah, because I did the name for Marie Limboro wonderful, I called read the hybor with okay, you got to have a second name because I was so used that people call me Scha mother, and I said, okay, okay, very respectful, okay, because I okay, Miter Broco, okay, you are a businessman and you discovered Marilyn Monroe King Nova every the day. Why don't you give me an opportunity. I'm going now in a few days to the SACA again. And you know you saw me there with one name. Keep it one more name, and I will like to the audience, are you comfortable with one name? He looked mister laughing like. I said, I don't know. You are crazy or you are clever, and I said both yes, And then that was the opportunity. But guess who was starting with me? Geen neighbor. Wow, hello Chao? You never called it Charo, Hello Chao. How are you share? Okay? So in that deal with Miter Broko, I asked to the people, would you like it that miter broke the big chat?
Speaker 3: It challenged me, and they said no, no, we love Chao Charo Charu.
Speaker 4: Also their many Latino and when you perform for Latino, they love to say yo in tone in tone by leg bye.
Speaker 3: So you were here at Chiaro and that's all.
Speaker 4: And then okay, I go by, not too match, but tang by, and I started reading everybody still calling themselves one name. So this see that I did it perhaps instant, because I was not afraid. I trust myself. It became actually the beginning of a big change. We haven't taken you back to the seventy seven, seventy eight, seven, nine eighty. So this, this company said, it's no ego. You are entitled to really accepted what you did the same thing Easton. I did it with community, Latinos, open door, Riggy, Marty mccartoni, Shakira is a long long list. Yeah, and I hope you know. Easton asked me what the hell you are now in La Chario?
Speaker 1: Why are you in La What's going on?
Speaker 4: Somebody is your instant? Were I supposed to be right now in Colombia? Gartha Hena having the time of my life for the bigger event ever. Was a beautiful, talented younger by the name Karaoji that she wants me to be there because she's so clever that she knows who is who and who is taught start the revolution of music and the open door for Latinos are so talented. Gary and Boie are so talented that with all my heart, I do like.
Speaker 3: It to be there. I become a fun of her. What she accomplished it unbelievable. I think she's number one in the world right now and cheered.
Speaker 4: One thing is either you born with or you don't borrow with. Last night I was changing. I love text message because text message I spell better than I talk. I really talk like, but text message I also give me the chance to know the spelling his correct about trying the money, I send it to her. The last said my Harry broken, thank you for being so nice and give me the honor that I'll be there and call me Rainaw and the Queen. But I cannot be with you because I'm going to be with you and because I'm going to be prepared for a few more interview for again September seven.
Speaker 3: I wish you would be there there.
Speaker 4: It's very emotional. I don't want to cry. I just cried right now when I had lad I'm an eat chocolade used to but it is very reworthy. And when you meet my sister, because she's making fashion only that Lo Lo Lo pen. All right, ask me, Charo, where your sister did that? I just just you do that because that distore dog.
Speaker 3: How to do seper She did not know.
Speaker 4: Make her to nervay real nerveay and and then we don't have the machine that got.
Speaker 3: Its yere. She do it by hand always pocket still don't push simp.
Speaker 4: So at the tonight show, we don't regle with Johnny Carson, the market, show your name it my costume, were you're coming from the bra stop by beautiful see through all ki.
Speaker 3: The top of the path.
Speaker 4: And of course it was not eating because did you put one pound? The honeymoon is over. We got to show everything. But she through is tone by hand. She catted from my mother and Miauela all of the beach, and they allow us, they do allow us. It was a little carmelic caming again. Oh no, okay, can she make a litt letters? No, she don't know how to pu sip not the costal telling you. She became very good friend of Bob Mackie. Your name it all of them.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Her name is Caramelita. Karmen is little, but she got little.
Speaker 4: They go like caramel Cita, but east through Carmelita, and Carmelita have got She used to go to the weather of people and tell them please, she's so skinny.
Speaker 3: It's no, it's not too sexy. It's you that I really don't know how to do.
Speaker 4: And they always coming the Martin to the rescue, or the wife of the Martin to the rescue, or the sistant Johnny Carso and that you know, done nothing.
Speaker 3: Let her go. It is skinny letter and then let me wear those costs. Are not kidding you? She through but with.
Speaker 4: Bugle upside down and brother by my mother, my auntie, my sister, and I tried to do that, but I were not that good.
Speaker 3: They were so good that egal I did and do you don't see even the threat?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: And that's what they are celebrating, the legacy or two little girls very young one time. What's upon a time we were young, believe me, and in love with the dream of America, the country of the freedom, with a hope to they and I whatever it taken to work, and time goes so fast that you bling, and I said, my god, what what happened? Because your business is kind of cruel when you are had and they offered you good offer and you figure it out. If I don't come to America, I will be selling tomato where I cannot say no.
Speaker 1: Of course, No.
Speaker 4: We are at a point. I work hard with my body. I keep it in a good shape. I run miles three miles this morning.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: I take it with the mina. I want to share with everybody. I care a lot for the generations. I got it, you know, as I told you, generations ship. There's nice people. I don't know if the parent had the time to give them what they needed. When the children, I know that some time there where in my future where I'm going, what's going to happen to me.
Speaker 3: When I got old?
Speaker 4: There when I jumped from teenager to adult like in America, A man of my god, twenty three year old? Amen, A man, No, it's a guy, it's a kid. I had to learn a lot. But I thinking about that it once in a while. I go to college when I unplaced Chicago, you name in concerts and I take one day extra and say hello to them. They like me very much. The people that I get to near to the kids, beautiful kid, I tell them. Basis of no pig, no pik pik Pik is the bed war for for musician guitarists, it's the end of at the end of your future. This got gear finger is the finger, yes official and a scale and I see them so grateful to somebody from the past, Saint Christopher Colombo.
Speaker 3: On today say guy, you're not allowed.
Speaker 4: I was your age. I know how I feel. But did you trudge yourself? The world is very little for you guys, and that's the way I feel happy. And I would be grateful to you forever. Because again I suppose to be Colombia thing har and they want to do something especially for me, break my heart. But she she conquered the world. She she really the queen right now. So I'm looking for you to see you there. I'm going to have an an interview a journalist and they don't tell me who because they know that I have a big mouth, so I.
Speaker 3: Don't know who it's going to be.
Speaker 4: But I what I'm telling you actually was it's all about and to give a hope to people that they are now worry concerned that there is a god and you have to trust yourself. Another no smoke. One of my greatest dancers is in big trouble right now because mokes so much that they have all the artery black and it's only thirty two. Oh god, it's one of the best answer I ever had. We know the big with flaming and when the show was over, what's the matter with you? And telling me was a matter of smoking and that's it. So I want to share with your people.
Speaker 1: No smoke, don't smoke.
Speaker 4: Don't smoke, and I'm not working for any company, and don't make any commercial. I saw it with people around me. You only now for those who had to even caugh. So one of my al Buies Trader said, no smoke, drink a lot of WAA.
Speaker 3: And have hope. Don't ever loves the hope.
Speaker 1: Before we let you go, I want to share a memory I have of you that I treasure. I think about this all the time. Do you remember performing on Peewee's Playhouse Christmas Special? Do you remember that.
Speaker 4: Oka see my best friend, my brother, my soul brother.
Speaker 1: I love that performance, Charle. I've watched that a million times. I want to know how that came. So you were close to Peewee, My god.
Speaker 4: My brother bro that Wait a minute, he went to Kawaii, He went to Honolulu. Okay, Oh, my God, give me a few more min Okay, yes, yes, I still crying. I am not the same. See hit us away, okay, peewee, never grow up? Gohy, I think the company that to me, he's a disas.
Speaker 3: We don't grow up. I'm not going to grow up. I'm going to stay in the asha. I wanta never grow up. Okay.
Speaker 4: The story is that pe with fallow me. I did know that before anything followed. He was always trying to how can I talk with Sharrow? How can I I'm taking you time time?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: That for the keid Now generation, see listen to this leaving genius with a magnificent education, a heart of gold.
Speaker 3: But he never grew up. It's a disease.
Speaker 4: So he wanted to meet me. Sohow he met Jim neighbor because I was already living in Honolulu. You neighbor again, another brother? Yeah? Then you neighbor called me a sad peep with her money, calling you all the time.
Speaker 3: You don't answer. I know, and to be sex, I know you got to go Hi.
Speaker 4: So Si, I will meet him in Honolulu because for twenty years more we are residents of Hawaii, Kawaii.
Speaker 3: Mirah Bira I wish I can't find it. I'm going to churk to.
Speaker 4: You the more beautiful island in the world called Kawaii. Okay, pee Wee go to Honolulu. Pee Wee became good friend of Gen. Naval Pee Wee very love for Honolulu. Pee we lived in Honolulu and also he lived also in another island. And he also went to my island Kawaii. We met and we love each other forever. Ever when you met Pee Wee, we give you a hand and you that's it.
Speaker 3: So he gone.
Speaker 4: When I was at the Hillton Hawaiian Village in do you have you ever been there?
Speaker 3: It's paradise.
Speaker 1: I have been there.
Speaker 4: All the presidents stopped there on the way to Hong Kong, Japan, Asia, India.
Speaker 3: They had to. When they got there.
Speaker 4: They love it because they had two three day to relax for the trip that is following the tour.
Speaker 3: Day later, I met.
Speaker 4: A lot of them. The bush, the glinto all of them. They got to be there and I had there my own room. We call it the tropics. For seventeen years at the Hilto Hawaiian Villas because my deal was with the Hilto that my son and my nephew had to be a study in a school called Puno. When you graduated Punohu, you can do anything you want.
Speaker 3: Obama graduate in Punohu.
Speaker 1: Yes, So that the story.
Speaker 4: Pee Wee called and said I need you and I said, pee Wee and working, and he said do that for me. So I took apply and I went. He was doing the special. But by day we were brother and sisters okay. And I said, what is it all about? He said, I want to see Phelip Navida and.
Speaker 3: I love it. It was.
Speaker 4: It was little paradise for child. They had Robbo at that time. They have little butterfly that go to here. They got cookie everywhere, actually Gola, they were running cold. I was like a wonderland. It was wonderland. So I said, pee with you. I'm going to play my guitar. I'm going to sing the song a little different of Feliciano. It's okay with you, okay, So whatever you want to do.
Speaker 3: It's okay. I know you pull it out.
Speaker 4: So I reheaded one tie and when they were rehearsing, he's over that. He put a robot interrupting me or dancing. But I didn't know that the robot was coming. I was so concentrated, you know, and that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I started with it in the very beautiful.
Speaker 4: And then while I am doing this and singing, he is doing the pinata trying to bring it up cookie, and I was thinking, well, I'm playing and singing. I heard they say so money for me because they were whoo quality solad involved and see I see the song. We had the time of my life and we are like this really that he never told me that he was sick. He don't say to nobody. So now pe Wee is in a l a doing a concert, and of course I go. Of course I have to go with my brother, and they get people with me. Play So Down everybody, lovesh. He did a great show, several sandal show and then we went to say hello, I have a picture. He didn't say nothing about that he was sick. He didn't show that he was sick. And the next day what the law in California quarantee nobody can get out, nobody can do nothing, Corona Wow. So he had to cancel. As you save for So Down two all over the United States. But we keep in touch and talk with each other. When I found out he went to see me at the at the Hollywood ball He would not believe I was eating so colada before the show. He said, you know nerve, I said, you kidding me? He said, about nineteen thousand people, they can not really put it outside. And he was so proud of me. Then he a congratulations. There were gep oveloped, but never a war shaoh my days. A number never told me nothing.
Speaker 3: I cry. I cry, I like mysell in a room. I cry, but I know it wi you, That's what it is. So look at how well I remember your question.
Speaker 1: Thank you for sharing that chart. What a special memory. You're just such a legend. I am such a big fan of you. And again, if you're in La September seventh, you gotta go see her at the Catalina Club with the Salsol Orchestra. A night of music and I had a fine Charles, the most talented person who's ever walked the earth.
Speaker 3: You're the best, which as yet for the best.
Speaker 4: It takes a lot of passion, it takes a lot of energy, it takes a belief in yourself, and it takes When I talk with the grand only.
Speaker 3: Resting Bill Montana.
Speaker 4: Got the guy to tell your son is beautiful.
Speaker 3: But it isn't tea your son. I'll need a soul, and he said, and I want to put her in the the are in the ocean, or Philadelphia, the river, whatever is there. He had control and he gave me the opportunity. So my last same message to everybody.
Speaker 4: You have to be lucky that the people that can find you for you trust you, and the people really like you. Bego Norman Brogo also like me and allow me to recall only one name, and Big Montana allowed me to change his concept into a by language Spangly. So with that kind of love, if you are lucky one I which are the best everybody? The door is open for any generation.
Speaker 3: Thank you again. And it's a big honor for me because it's no ego. But you know way, don't you see me? They also that I'm going to walk like a slow camera. I didn't my way wait.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the opportunity to talk about the real thing of this event.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. I have a great rest of your day and I'll see you soon. Okay, but.
Speaker 2: Dotty, everybody don't forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com,