Speaker 1: It's the best BIF of.
Speaker 2: The week with Morgan two. She's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: What's up everybody? Happy weekend? It is time to recap the Bobby Bone Show from this week. I'm Morgan. I hope you're having a great start to your weekend. Before we get started, be sure to check out Part one this weekend. It's already sitting up there ready for you to listen. I have Mike Dee joining me this weekend. We caught up on life and he shared some updates, so really good stuff over there. But it's time. The reason you're here is to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show in case you missed some big things. And this week was a huge one filled with so many guests, so let's get started. A thousand horses were in studio this week and they were super fun to talk to. Not only do we hear just some crazy stories about being a band, but they also talked about how they formed, which was a fun one, like their story is pretty unique, and they did some killer performances which unfortunately I can't play for y'all here, but you can check out on our YouTube page at Bobby Bone Show. So listen to this inner of you. Maybe take a brief pause and go watch the performances and come right back. I don't know, that's just an idea. Here is the interview with a thousand Horses.
Speaker 2: Number seven on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 1: Now one thousand horses.
Speaker 4: So guys, Michael, how's it going, buddy? Yeah? So we have the whole set up here with the full bands here, and you keep tuning. You tune along, we'll do the interview while you're tuning. Is cool because they're gonna perform. Yeah. Feels like we're actually up to something instead of us just sitting around hanging Uh, Michael, hows is everything going with you? Guys?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: It's going good.
Speaker 4: I saw we were playing your song on the Countdown No News, which is an awesome song. You Uh so the band is it a bit different? Now? Did somebody leave?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You don't even say who if it's a controversy, I don't know. It's okay, we didn't die.
Speaker 8: He's doing very well.
Speaker 2: He's still alive.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it, got it, got it. So are you guys still out on the road, you know, playing a much shows? Are you heading back out in spring we are.
Speaker 6: We head back out next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you feel like just as hard now that you're a dad is a different heart, it's a different hard meaning you get sleep a little more, Yeah, because you're not up not sleeping later, Yeah, meaning because you know with a kid, obviously when when the baby's born, you're missing sleep. However, if you're like a freaking rock and roll country band, you're probably not sleeping a lot after the show. Like you guys used to go a lot harder.
Speaker 6: We used to go a lot harder.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we've unheardened ourselves.
Speaker 4: I think age does that a little bit. And so a few things I wanted to do with you guys, and if you don't mind, I'd like to get to one of the new songs first. We can talk again afterward. But you guys put out no news. You have summer, but there is not an album yet that I know of. Are you guys talking about putting out or is it just a different world now you're just putting out singles? Well?
Speaker 9: Both, we have an album that we finished and we're just kind of been rolling out songs from the album. And then the album is called The Outside and it should drop this summer.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I didn't miss it.
Speaker 7: I was worried.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, huh, you're right present to the fan club, and I was like, I missed the album. Yeah, okay, A thousand Horses is here, So which would you like to perform? First?
Speaker 6: We're gonna play no News first.
Speaker 4: Okay, no News. It's a song that we featured on the National Countdown Show. Thought it was really good. A thousand Horses is here, one, two, three, four, all five of them. The drummers even got the eddie the little broomstick sticks.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, the ones that he doesn't.
Speaker 4: Hit so hard, like would you would you mind hitting the drumsticks? See that's not a full pound. Yeah, it's like what is that called a brush? Of course.
Speaker 5: And also the jazz players they like the paint.
Speaker 4: Oh what if you paint? Can we hear a paint? That's pretty good, dude. All right here they are A thousand Horses with No News. Great job. The uh the bass sounds awesome?
Speaker 8: Oh man, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Are you just better than the rest of them? I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding your mix. I'm just kidding. If I didn't know everybody, I wouldn't have made that joke. Made the joke. We're gonna hang out with these guys for a bit, but I do want to talk about the tour.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: They start March twenty first in Madison, Wisconsin, and a lot of the places our show airs Saint Paul, Minnesota on the twenty second, Omaha on the twenty third, all through April, and we're rolling all the way through the end of April, and so a thousand horses is here. We're gonna come back in just a second. We got more songs to play, Eddie only if you want to continue, they can go home now to you.
Speaker 5: It's on me right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How you feeling, man, lunchbox you turn your chair around.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, sure, lunch boss wants to go home.
Speaker 5: We should get home.
Speaker 4: What do you think the song was that they just played? What was it called.
Speaker 7: Some horses?
Speaker 5: He was wordling, dude.
Speaker 4: He doesn't watch or pay attention to a single performance. It's why he doesn't care about music. It's not you, guys, it's everyone.
Speaker 5: It's everyone.
Speaker 4: He doesn't like music. He's the only person I've ever met that doesn't have like an affinity for general music. Do you know anybody that doesn't love at least a kind of music. Michael, No, I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 5: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: When he runs? You know what he listens to nothing.
Speaker 8: I do get that.
Speaker 6: I do get that.
Speaker 11: Okay, the same thing.
Speaker 4: Run your partial Psycho.
Speaker 8: But he's.
Speaker 4: Like, it doesn't matter if it's Keith Urban, it doesn't matter who. He just checks out and does a whordle and then we'll check in and be like, what's think about that? And he'd be like, what, Like, so he missed?
Speaker 7: I heard the bass was good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you.
Speaker 12: Do?
Speaker 6: You wordle and run?
Speaker 7: No, But I'll be honest, I don't know which one the bas.
Speaker 4: Like, which one do you think the bass is the guy in the yellow hat? And what do you think and what do you think the bass does?
Speaker 7: Plays guitar?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you think it's a version? What do you mean, like, explain it?
Speaker 7: I don't know. Like when I play bass, I'm like, oh, so you play guitar.
Speaker 4: But what do you think that means?
Speaker 7: Is it a they play guitar? That's it normal?
Speaker 4: Like a style of normal guitar?
Speaker 6: How many strings are on a bass?
Speaker 4: For example?
Speaker 11: This is kind of a trick question about how many strings are on the bass.
Speaker 4: Hey, would you play well, I just found out lunchbox thinks plays the bass. Would you just drump some chords? Does that sound bassic?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Bass is let's let's try. Would you mind strumming a few chords?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: Oh they sound similar?
Speaker 4: Okay, would you mind hitting a few things?
Speaker 7: Okay, so that guy is gonna.
Speaker 4: Be that's the bass?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Why base?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't be offended. That's what we're working with it and this is real.
Speaker 7: But when you asked me about the strings, I just learned that a guitar is what that's what they call a six string.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait, you just learned that. So the song I got my first real six string? Yeah, I didn't get what you didn't know? I didn't know, and I think it was an easy trivia and I think I missed it.
Speaker 7: And that's when I.
Speaker 4: Think he got When you heard that song a six string, I.
Speaker 7: Didn't know what that meant. I was like, oh cool, I got a six string. I thought it was a gun.
Speaker 6: Six pieces of string.
Speaker 4: So a six shooter would be a gun, which means what what do you think six shooter means a gun?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: But what's the six bullets like a chamber. Yeah, okay, that's a thousand horses here. Sorry, guys, we got sidetrack. We will come back in a second. Follow them eight thousand horses on eight thousand horses dot Com and all the tour dates. We're gonna come back in a second. You can save your question, okay, because I think there are audience members who have the same questions. I just think it's weird by this point, it's sounding weird to me that you don't really care about music at all.
Speaker 7: No, but I've got a real good shot to get in the world in two Okay.
Speaker 4: You let us know if you've got that. We'll come back in a second.
Speaker 2: On the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 1: Now, one thousand horses.
Speaker 4: Do you guys care if people write one thousand the numbers then horses because that's not your name. No, but it's like, uh, what hurts the most? Rascal flats?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't like the Rascal flats? The flats I've never heard you or always to all times because we're idiots, were like the Rascal flats? So is it an or twenty one pilots? Like it's totally spelled out. Yeah, if someone writes one zero zero zero horses? Are you like, we're out of here? We cancel the show.
Speaker 6: I feel like we use to be been out of shape about that, but I mean.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just kind of comes with the territory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, eventually you get used to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you're a number, I don't like it. Lunchbox, what is your question for these guys? You had one, but we held you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that guy picked up a new guitar. I was sitting over there, So is that a bass? Which I don't know that guy's name.
Speaker 6: Oh it's Bill, I'm Bill.
Speaker 7: Bill.
Speaker 4: Have you not played you don't? You don't. I think you've hung out with them and you don't realize it to them.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 7: I used I used to think I saw Michael Mohna's yard, but it wasn't him. It was a yard guy. That's true, because yeah, they would wear jeans running with no music, and I'd run by his house and you thought that was did it look like him? This tall guy, you know, And as you're running, you just look over across the street and like, oh, he's Mona's yard. And then Caroline told me it wasn't wasn't.
Speaker 6: Definitely, it was like he just I will though, I like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he was. She was just like, yeah, it's not him.
Speaker 4: What do you have there?
Speaker 7: So is that a bass? Because it looks like that guitar?
Speaker 11: This is actually like this is a new Defender that they came up with with. It's called an acoustic Sonic and it's like a hybrid acoustic electric.
Speaker 4: But it's not a bass, not a bass. It's like a mixture of an electric guitar and the one that guy's playing back there.
Speaker 8: Yea, of like.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm playing slide.
Speaker 7: It sounds better than like okay to me.
Speaker 4: That wide and so Graham has a bass.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's his name is Graham.
Speaker 5: Guys, this is lunchbox yea.
Speaker 4: I swear to all of you. He's met every one of you multipower and you just don't even know.
Speaker 7: I don't think I have. Okay, well maybe once.
Speaker 4: A thousand horses is here. Hey, what does it mean? I know you guys started your own record label. Does that cost money? Like, what's what's up with that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'd like to startself.
Speaker 8: It costs as little as much as you want it to.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's kind of up to you. It's like your own business. So whatever you want to put in.
Speaker 4: So what do you what have you been able to do as your own bosses?
Speaker 9: Honestly, just being on to release music when we want to, and it's as frequent as we want to, you know, not a lot of red tape when these guys are the guys I got to talk to about it.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's a huge part of it, because you know when you uh a lot of times, I mean, we don't have to ask anybody permission anymore. We have to sit her on a conference room and.
Speaker 4: You know hate those conference people.
Speaker 11: Song, you know, we can ride it, record it. We want put it out directly to the bands. You know, while we started band on the first place was just because we love to making music. So it simplifies some things.
Speaker 4: A thousand horses here you go check out the tour dates at a thousand horses dot com. But would you guys do Summer if that's cool? I like that song? That song just came out a couple of weeks ago, right, ye, like not the last Friday, the last Friday, Yeah, last Friday.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Here there are a thousand horses of their new song Summer. So who's some Who's who?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 4: Me married to summer Sea. I just feel like that'd be a tricky thing to go back home with, right, because somebody's gonna have to go, well, it's Graham's idea about summer, even though or you go, it's a fake person and it's probably not even believable to why. I don't know. I just feel like that's tricky.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of details for it not.
Speaker 4: To be right. So somebody like has to take ownership, even if it's somebody like you create a forts fake rider, a fifth fake or whomever, like no truck came in and had to.
Speaker 6: Girl summer she's out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so whose summer summers?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: Exactly? Yeah, yeah, exactly, you know my wife because as I was yeah, as I was hearing, and I was like, that's it. That's gotta be a different want to explain. Yeah, I thought this was unless you just don't take the blame, like you know, I was then on to help ride it, but you know it's Marty. What was Marty? I don't know, yeh, lunch bot sort of question.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got a question. So did you have to talk to Robert o' keane about that line?
Speaker 4: Which one?
Speaker 6: Which one?
Speaker 8: Whatever?
Speaker 6: The road goes on forever twists.
Speaker 4: Well we changed little.
Speaker 7: I know you've changed it, but you don't own a line.
Speaker 4: And that's a I don't know.
Speaker 5: Now if you would have said and the party never ends that then.
Speaker 2: Now we're there's a great area right there.
Speaker 9: Got it, Chuck, And I'll never sing it the same again now that you told me.
Speaker 7: That, well, I mean you, I mean you obviously know the song.
Speaker 4: So yeah, when they sing Stairway to Heaven, it's a different version altogether.
Speaker 6: Yeah, different heaven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a different, different staircase. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. You guys tell me that West and shout. It's just not the same. It's a whole different song.
Speaker 7: I don't know the rules. I'm just saying I heard it and I was like, oh, we have ventialized on our hands here. Yeah boom right.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like, well, the difference is one that's a common phrase anyway.
Speaker 5: I think he just wants to prove to you that he listened to this song.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 4: He was in and that second verse stuff, he was really unless he just came out for air during the second verse. Yeah, I just I just they're going to go into the did you get the wordling two?
Speaker 7: I haven't taken a second guess yet, man, because I'm stuck by what though, Well, because I have two letters in the right spot and a third letter not in the right spot, but it's in the word.
Speaker 4: It's not a world do you guys? Wordle?
Speaker 7: And so I think the H is what it begins with because I don't know anything that ends in a H E. So that's a.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a weird Apache what a oh a p A.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I see what I'm saying. So I'm trying to I'm trying to come up with.
Speaker 4: Work on that. We're gonna le We're gonna do some more music up here though, okay, okay, Apache, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well I think that's and I just got to say it. I was just trying to be nice. No, no, I don't want you to google, because you can't google.
Speaker 4: I don't have a computer. I just gonna got a pin.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know what the last three what letters are? H? I think because I have I guessed chase on the first letter the first word, and so the H is right, but it's in the wrong spot. The A is right and in the right spot. The S is not in it the east, No, get my eyes on it. But I do want to say. I mean, you guys did a great job. Great job, great job.
Speaker 4: You guys, go ahead and write great job, go ahead, read tune and let him do his word.
Speaker 6: Now I'm curious. So what the word is.
Speaker 7: It's a lot of pressure to get it.
Speaker 4: Ah is not gonna be it, that's right.
Speaker 7: So H is gonna start the word?
Speaker 8: It's gonna be horses?
Speaker 4: Oh how crazy was that?
Speaker 6: It was horses? That'd be great.
Speaker 7: But it's only five course h O R S. Of course no, because S is not in the word.
Speaker 4: He explained it. I don't. I still can't see it.
Speaker 6: So there's no S.
Speaker 7: Right, and it starts with an H. I think it starts with what's it in with?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 6: Oh? Nailed it, just narrowed it down. H.
Speaker 4: But we're guessing it's h. Yeah, where's the A?
Speaker 7: Is there?
Speaker 8: A T? A?
Speaker 7: Is it writing? Is the third letter?
Speaker 4: Okay? So it could be l E A L E would be l so uh hathel The only letters that would work in between that would be l abe ace.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You go to commercial, Well, I'll get it. I'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: You won't.
Speaker 7: I will, dude, I word of for a living.
Speaker 4: You don't go to commercal They're gonna playnother song.
Speaker 7: All right, well you work on that while we do.
Speaker 4: Okay, this song you guys. Guys are good. Yeah, okay. So this is how it is every performance. If we ever go do Him for the World, which we do, sometimes he kind of takes over.
Speaker 6: I'm invested.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, it's a fun game.
Speaker 4: Man, take a shot though before before the song come.
Speaker 7: I know, but you know how cool it is if you get into I know, but it's like in the little word will go unbelievable or impressive?
Speaker 5: Do you get more points? Did you get it into?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're figuring out. Michael's a big wordle guy.
Speaker 7: Michael.
Speaker 11: Yeah, hey, grand word denial.
Speaker 6: I got wordle on my phone. Man.
Speaker 4: Have you played every day?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 6: Not every day?
Speaker 7: Graham?
Speaker 4: Were you I was a cub scout, I'm not very good.
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Did you move up? Do we eagle scouted?
Speaker 8: I went all through boy scouts and got my eagle scout.
Speaker 4: Wow. So that's really cool because I did a show called Breaking Bobbie on and I couldn't tie a knot to save my life. So if you had to tie a knot to save your life, could you? Yes, definitely a really good one. Yeah. And what do you as an Eagle Scout like, what did you what do you feel like you took from that? Mostly?
Speaker 14: I think leadership is probably the biggest thing that I took from the overall experience.
Speaker 4: And how do you think being an Eagle Scout affects you in a band where you have to be very collaborative and there's leadership involved. However, sometimes you got to be the guy that takes the leadership, sometimes you that gives it.
Speaker 14: I think that, Yeah, part of leadership is knowing when to not be like I'm doing this, you know, and then part of it is you know when to step up. And I also think that just like we've been a band for a long time, commitment is a big part of it. Like you just got to stay the course and keep doing the work to get it done.
Speaker 8: And I think that's kind of.
Speaker 9: Like any band therapy, Michael, any band therapy.
Speaker 4: Have you guys ever been to like therapy together?
Speaker 9: We have not, Boy, Yeah, We've just figured out how to work it out on our own class which maybe not be the healthiest, but we get along if you figure out together, you know in YouTube, go in to high school together. Yeah, Bridle school and high school. And then Grahams's cousin, Bill's cousin. So I've known Graham since I've known Bill.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Graham and I were born two weeks apart, so you know we're kind of more like we're.
Speaker 4: Ready to take a guess. Oh my god, did want the mill of an interview? Oh my god, hold off now, I know I haven't.
Speaker 7: Hit inter yet. You can guys be a part of history.
Speaker 4: Let me talk to them about their lives real quick. All right, what were you talking about? Well, so they were they were middle school together? Who were Michael? And that's pretty crazy, right, Yeah. You know Bill kind of looks like who's that?
Speaker 7: He looks like a comedian guy.
Speaker 4: He's had too much jump in, say, Matt Raife.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when were.
Speaker 4: You got When did you guys decide you were going to well even goof around and play music together as kids? Because I'm sure that's where it started, right, Yeah, And when did you guys do that? What age?
Speaker 11: I was in the eighth grade and I think Michael was in night.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was like thirteen or fourteen, you know, the younger kids.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well he was the only guy in the music shop and in the music store, and we had one music store the microphone to make a band.
Speaker 11: Sorry, We tried forever to like get all of our friends to learn drums or bass or whatever so we could form.
Speaker 2: And we were the only two.
Speaker 11: You know, we were super committed from teenagers, like that's what we're gonna do with our lives. They're gonna be in a band.
Speaker 4: And so did you both play guitar? And like I said, what you did? You said around and play guitar? Did you ever write songs of kids?
Speaker 8: We did?
Speaker 6: Were they Yeah?
Speaker 4: Were they good considering you were that young, not saying were they good now? But if you look back, you're not so embarrassed by them.
Speaker 11: I think Michaels are pretty good. Mine were terrible, But I think Michael's are pretty And I still think they're pretty teen.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you heard it, you'd be like, damn for.
Speaker 4: For Yeah, that's that's what point. I don't think I'm gonna hear them and give it a Grammy. But when I go, oh, fourteen, that's not so bad. Yeah, that's pretty cool. Yeah, when did you start writing songs? What age did you start writing anything?
Speaker 6: Around that age?
Speaker 9: My I was told to write your own songs, don't learn other songs.
Speaker 4: Who told you that?
Speaker 9: My cousin from the Black Crows when we met, he said, here's some advice. Write your own songs, don't learn cover songs. And so I was like, okay. So I started trying to figure it out. Took a guitar lesson, learned GCD, and then just made a bunch of noise till it sounded ray.
Speaker 4: And what about you too? When was the first time that you performed? And maybe at this point Graham was part of the band too, When did you guess perform publicly for the first time? Oh, man, did you have a name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did have a name.
Speaker 6: We did have a name.
Speaker 8: So our first show, this.
Speaker 6: May be your word.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I got it.
Speaker 4: Guys, Okay, we'll get to you. Go ahead.
Speaker 11: Our first show was I think it was three days after my sixteenth birthday, I remember, and it was a battle of the bands and we won just YouTube.
Speaker 6: No, we had some other guys got played with us, some older guys and you won.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we won. It was like sponsored by the local rock station.
Speaker 6: Yeah, where was that Columbia?
Speaker 11: Yes, af Carolina And we won a thousand bucks and so we were.
Speaker 9: And we could record three songs at this studio in Columbia and a thousand bucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were a big deal.
Speaker 11: Big We're like, we're pretty good at this.
Speaker 5: This is easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so what was the band called?
Speaker 12: Then?
Speaker 4: What'd you introduce yourselves as?
Speaker 6: Sterling? Why was the band name?
Speaker 4: And why was it Sterling? Why?
Speaker 6: I don't know why? Still, look, we're still looking for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we needed, you know, Sterling was like the mailbox guy or something.
Speaker 9: No, I wish I had a cooler story for it besides just teenage kids coming up with a band name.
Speaker 4: And then was it Yeah, we're definitely gonna we're good and we're gonna keep doing this. Was that what it felt like after you won?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like, yeah, yeah, we got this figure out.
Speaker 8: So we were fifteen years.
Speaker 4: Old, a thousand bucks, I mean, I was ready to move. What about the songs you recorded though? Do you still have them somewhere somewhere?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I bet you.
Speaker 6: My older brother has them because he's got everything.
Speaker 14: I think I have that original Sterling y CD man yeah, yeah, we need to get it out.
Speaker 6: And play it.
Speaker 4: So Graham, your Bill's cousin. Yep, when did you come along?
Speaker 8: Kind of like that.
Speaker 14: Towards the end of middle school high school, I started spending all my summers up in Newbery, where these fellows are from. And uh, and we were kind of like this is a thing, right, Like we're going to do this because I was playing music and had my own band in the town that I was from, and we're like, we're going to do this though, right, this feels.
Speaker 4: Right since you were third though, they make you play the bass since they already had.
Speaker 8: You know, I kind of started out.
Speaker 14: I took a couple of my brother's guitar lessons and then ended up kind of gravitating towards the So I was playing bass in my band back home.
Speaker 4: Older brother, older brother. So you got doubled then, because most younger brothers are forced to play the bass if their older brother plays guitar, they need a bass player. And then you jumped in late. You're naturally a great bass player because naturally you're the younger brother and the third end.
Speaker 8: I got all the things just lined up, right.
Speaker 4: Wow, do you play piano too?
Speaker 8: A little bit my mom's but.
Speaker 4: People that say that actually played piano, it's like, do you play golf a little bit? I'm okay, But if anybody's like, I'm really good golfer, you're like, no, you're not, no good golf or whatever. Say all right, let's go if you guys don't mind, let's play. Let's play smoke, which went number one massive song for you guys. We'll play the song and then we're gonna do the word after the song.
Speaker 7: And I'm still trying to figure out that the guy looks.
Speaker 4: Like, isn't it like worthless conversation when someone goes, man, you look like at my cousin, and you're like, I don't know your cousin? Why does that matter to me?
Speaker 7: A gosh, she was in a movie?
Speaker 4: Okay, I think I knew?
Speaker 6: Is it an older guy?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 7: It was like he was.
Speaker 4: He like, it doesn't matter, I'm not you went to go to the well, don't sorry. Let the exist over there. All right, here's a thousand horses and here is smoke. All right, nice job horses. A couple of things. First of all, you guys check out at a thousand horses and go follow them on social media. They doing all these shows up till the end of April, which you can find all the tour dates there as well. They got the new song Summer which just came out, which we played earlier. You can watch all these performances on our YouTube channel. And then finally before we say goodbye, lunchbox.
Speaker 7: Yeah it's Jason Schwartzman. That's who that guy looks like.
Speaker 8: I've heard that.
Speaker 4: I thought you meant the wordle. Oh well they committed to that. Golly, I mean I had to search.
Speaker 7: I had. I knew he was on a movie cover, so I had to google movies of the nineties.
Speaker 4: And figure out who he was. Okay, thanks, now that is real good. Okay, wordle? And so what do you what do you think it is?
Speaker 7: I put heave heave h E a v E as my second guest. I'm about to hit in her and find out h E A v E.
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: I mean, throw something heave?
Speaker 4: Did you cheat to get this or you just feel good about it?
Speaker 7: Now? I don't know how to cheat. Okay, I got to hit in her.
Speaker 4: Here we go. Let's see go Boom boom by Magnficit Magnificent.
Speaker 5: That's pretty cool to see, buns.
Speaker 13: We didn't have a great performance, you guys are Oh my goodness, the average four point three guesses me to I'm way above average skill ninety nine percent level.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you can make this all about you. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Their performance was amazing. It contributed. Their music by Osmosis got in my brain.
Speaker 4: What do you think osmosis is it comes to you.
Speaker 7: I've heard people say that like they're in the same room with you, so you learn.
Speaker 4: Its Yeah, being around it touching. Yeah, sure we'll go with that.
Speaker 7: Man. Let's see. Wow, here's what's crazy, guys.
Speaker 4: What's crazy?
Speaker 7: Under my first guests, there was only one word left possible out of the whole dictionary, and you got it out of all the words.
Speaker 4: One thousand horses dot Com. They'll do word live on stage. Anything you want to say to the lunchbox to them, it's about them.
Speaker 7: Great job, guys, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Tour day. It's March. They start marginaling first all the way to the end of April. A thousand horses dot Com and you guys be sure to check out their new stuff Summer and No News and an album hopefully coming soon, which you guys are working on you have it. Good to see you guys.
Speaker 7: And I learned two people's new new names.
Speaker 4: Okay, what are what's his name over there?
Speaker 7: Graham?
Speaker 4: And what's he play bass? Good? Lead? Singer's name Michael? And what's he play?
Speaker 7: Singer? Okay, I don't think he plays anything?
Speaker 4: Okay, well right now he's not singing over here. That's Bill and he plays or Jason Schwartzman and he plays a hybrid. Well, this is a guitar. Bill, you did listen?
Speaker 12: Got it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: Other two guys, what's up?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 4: A thousand horses? Thank you, Good to see you guys. Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan Number two Bobby Bone Show Reviews.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while we do one of these where we share our reviews of things that we've either invested our time or money into to let you know if it's worth it or not. Some things may be super expensive or super cheap, or something that you can watch on TV. They kind of range from all different aspects of life, and so there's really something for everybody. For people who love doing their hair, for sports, people, for TV watchers, for coffee drinkers, and for those with sinus problems. Literally something for everyone. So here you go. This is Bobby Bone Show Reviews number six.
Speaker 4: Now let's do Bobby Bone Show reviews where we take things from our lives and review them and tell you, yeah, I go for it or don't go for it. Morgan, you're first, all right?
Speaker 15: So I did it.
Speaker 3: I bought the Dice in Air Rap. You know how I came to you, guys. I was like, Apple watch diceon Air Rap.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was a big Dison air Rap person.
Speaker 3: I voted for that, yes, And I was like, and they finally got a color that I liked because they which out all the colors all the.
Speaker 15: Time, and I ordered it.
Speaker 4: Explain what that is.
Speaker 3: Like, the diceon Air Wrap. So it's essentially a styler while blow drying your hair. So there's a traditional blow dry that just blow drives your hair, and then there's like stylers like a curling iron flat iron that just style your hair. But this does both at the same time.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't cheap, no, So it needs to be of extreme value.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like it has to be worth it to purchase this, thoughts and totally worth it. Like it cut down my time of blowing my hair and styling my hair. It only like was thirty minutes total. Tops it normally takes me like forty five minutes to an hour. And like it gave me so much volume. I looked like Dolly Parton, Like I straight up had.
Speaker 10: Like volume hair.
Speaker 5: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 3: And it stayed throughout the whole night. Not only that, Like I woke up the next morning it was still style. I was like, this is awesome.
Speaker 4: Like again, definitely not cheap. NEI, there's an Apple Watch, but it was like her one thing she was gonna get. And everybody I know that has like invested in this, like it is totally worth it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's even like a new contraption on it that you put on and you just sucks it down on your hair and it takes all the flyaways too. Like the technology is so advanced that it's worth that technology.
Speaker 4: Eddie, do you want to review something?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Okay.
Speaker 5: So every time I go to Texas for over the holidays and stay with my in laws, my mother in law makes coffee cake.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 5: I've gotten when I go to Starbucks, they have a coffee cake. I get it. It's not as good as.
Speaker 4: My You ordered every Starbucks and you guys make fun of me sometimes I don't have it, and he gets so upset.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I love coffee cake. Dude.
Speaker 5: At the grocery store, Cinnamon Toast Crunch has come up with a coffee cake mix made of cinnamon toast crunch flavor.
Speaker 7: And it is so good you have to make it.
Speaker 5: It's in the box almost like where you find the cakes.
Speaker 4: You know you gets worth it.
Speaker 5: Oh dude, it's easy. You make it in like fifteen minutes. The coffee cake is delicious.
Speaker 4: I just don't like coffee cake. I guess have you had it? I don't like coffee.
Speaker 5: No, no, it doesn't taste like no.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 7: They just call it because you eat it with your coffee. Correct.
Speaker 4: Ah, it's that right. I never give it a fair chance.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I just heard the word coffee and I was like, I don't like coffee, So I'm not gonna have coffee cake.
Speaker 5: Or a lot of people it in their coffee. Here's what I'm gonna coffee cake. Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna make us a batch, bring it in. You're gonna try it for the first time. You're gonna love it my whole life. I thought coffee cake was cake to taste like coffee. No lunchbox of you.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah. I got the vix one gallon filter free cool Missed Ultrasonic humidifier. You get it at Walmart thirty five forty bucks?
Speaker 4: Why'd you get it?
Speaker 7: Whenever I get congested or I'm in vegas?
Speaker 5: Yeah, allergies, yeah, vague allergies.
Speaker 7: And I mean that thing will keep your throat soaked and moisturized and it clears up any nasal drainage in the middle of the night. Man, I just let it rain on me, rain on me. So worth the money. Say the name of it again, vix one gallon filter free Cool miss Ultrasonic Humidifiers, link it. Get it today. I got it for like thirty five bucks at Walmart. And whoa boy, whenever I start getting congested, pop that sucker on and let's go.
Speaker 4: That's cool. My review is of a TV show. I watched The Night Country on HBO Max. It's Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey did the first season. It's like true Detective. Yeah, yeah, okay, this one's True Detective. Night Country with Jodie Foster. It's in Alaska. Did anybody watch this?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: I had high expectations because I loved the first version. Eh, I was disappointed. It was one of the first shows that I've we've invested time in and been disappointed by. It may get great ratings, I'm not sure. I didn't look at any rating. Yeah, it's It's definitely got a paranormal feel to it as well, and I like paranormal.
Speaker 5: But why would we watch a show that's gonna pick up later? Like we have so much to watch. I don't want to wait for episodes for it to pick up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't think they put that in, like what the show's about. It's in the plot, gonna watch Night Country it picks up later.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is, if I don't like it in two episodes, I'm done.
Speaker 7: I'm moving on. You give up? Yeah, I do on shows all the time.
Speaker 4: I won't if it's like six to eight, okay, because I'll feel like but I I would see minus only two stars. Hey, but Jody Jodie Foxx is awesome, she's great in it. But yeah, that's it. Ray Do you have anything you want to review?
Speaker 2: Dorm dude breaks?
Speaker 4: Did you do one?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are boys dorm dudes? It does the breaks? We get them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The memorabilia, did you win?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 16: I was skeptical. My wife actually started doing I talked to her about it. M Yeah, we talked about it.
Speaker 4: I was like, what do you need? Yeah, let's go again.
Speaker 7: We got some great stuff.
Speaker 16: We got a Bejon jersey, we got a football from Shady McCoy, and we got ray Lewis jersey. Super Bowl. Yeah, all great, all worth. It came in the mail. And I mean some of these jerseys, even as the tag, are worth one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: Without the autograph.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you've actually got an authentic and so there's ways to actually see while this happened. There's a scanner where you can fact check it all. So they are realistic, real things that they do on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Dorm dudes are awesome. We need an interview with them twenty minutes. Yeah, there's college kids that figured this out. But a break is when they're like, you pay thirty bucks and if they draw one out of eight and you get it in a picture team, you get the thing. It's worth like three hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: Man, everybody's winning. I did it one time and a loss.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh no, no, I lose a bunch. That's how you get all your cards. All right, thank you everybody. We'll put all this up on our page. We're reviewed all this stuff. Lunchbox, this thing took like an hour to say, but we'll list it so you can see if you want a number one Hot Mama jumping hurdles three times, va va Vapo vapore.
Speaker 5: Thanks I forgot what it was for thirty seven dollars.
Speaker 2: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two.
Speaker 3: Our favorite shark. Barbara Corkran was on the show this week and she's so good at giving advice, and this week she gave a lot of advice. Eddie wanted to talk to her about his smoking chicken business and being an entrepreneur. Ammy wanted some advice on her post divorce financial situation, and Lunchbox wanted to talk Shark Tank because it's one of his favorite shows. So here she is Barbara Corkran being the best advice giver number.
Speaker 2: Five on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 1: Now Barbara corkran from Shark Tank.
Speaker 4: Barbara going to talk to you. Thank you for spending time with us.
Speaker 17: My pleasure, Bobby.
Speaker 4: We just had a deal on the show. We had a PhD in education come in and she tested a lot of us for dyslexia and it was a pretty emotion Yeah, it was a pretty emotional show because we're talking about four adults and two of the four and again it wasn't so much a bit as it was a learning experience on the air that ended up being a compelling segment. But two of the four needed to have what she said was an intermission for dyslexia because Eddie on our show, he was like, I think I might be dyslexic and I just never had it ever diagnosed as a kid. So she was a PhD in education and she said, I'll come up and test you guys what I do with kids usually, And so two of the four of us were diagnosed with dyslexia. Do you have dyslexia?
Speaker 17: Of course, But you know, most people find out they have dyslexia when they have children, and it's diagnosed in their own children, they recognize themselves. But until they recognize it in themselves, as adults, they think there's that's the damage that's done by dyslexia. Nobody's as enlightened or told that. It doesn't mean you're stupid, just means you have a different way of learning.
Speaker 4: And I'm glad you said that, because Amy, who's my co host here. Whenever she found out and she started to see that some of these things that were seemingly easy to others were a struggle to her, and not because she didn't know something, it's how she was interpreting it. She started to get emotional and cry because she felt like what you want?
Speaker 15: I think, Well, it was there were several layers to it. Some of it is vulnerable doing it on air and like feeling exposed in a way, but also relief because I'm like, oh yeah a lot, Yeah, like this makes sense. Now I get why high school, college, even you know, going back junior high. It is such a struggle for me. And I did have a narrative Barbara that I was, yeah, stupid. I mean there was just times where I thought, well, yeah, this is my story in my head and it would loop over and over, even though I would try to do therapy and fight it. But now there's an explanation and now hopefully I can do something about it.
Speaker 4: How was that for you when you were when you found out you were dyslexic.
Speaker 17: Well, initially, when I found out I was dyslexic, I was relieved, officially, but I knew I was dyslexic as a kid, or at least I knew I was dumb as a kid. But let me tell you something. It wasn't until I was older that I realized what an advantage it was. It was an advantage being in school early and being made fun of. It was an advantage being rejected and getting over it. It was an advantage and being different than other kids and being okay as an outsider that you didn't fit in, and it was an advantage in growing you up really fast. But fortunately I had secret, a secret weapon, which was my mom who told me, you can't read, don't worry about it, but you have a wonderful imagination and you'll fill in all the blanks.
Speaker 12: And she was right.
Speaker 17: I mean, she built up the part of me that was the gift of dyslexia, my imagination, which is definitely a gift, And with that I was able to really create ideas, businesses, people see things differently than other people.
Speaker 1: You know, you have so many.
Speaker 17: Gifts as a dyslexic adult, especially if you're building a business, because you can recognize talent in people, you have more empathy in people. You know how to read a situation because you're intuitive much more than the average learner. There have so many advantages, and you're accustomed to be an outsider and in business that turns into an innovator, which has been my greatest.
Speaker 4: Gift, which I'm so thankful that you're on with us today because we just had this with a lot of parents that were listening where they're having to ask you what questions she asked.
Speaker 7: So they did.
Speaker 4: It was like a four part It took us a while, it tooks a whole hour, she would. One of the parts was there was an entire sheet and there were like two hundred letters and numbers, but some of them were just backward and you had to go through at ninety seconds to circle as many that were backward as possible, And so that was a part of it. There was a reading, a reading part of different words that was embarrassing.
Speaker 17: That's the worst.
Speaker 15: That's when I cried, Barbara, Yeah, cried.
Speaker 17: You should cry because it runs so deep that sort and so many parents.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm glad you're here because you're wildly successful and you're someone who was dyslexic and found the advantage to it because you did have to approach things differently and in a way that other people hadn't and when you pave a new way, that's often what leads to success.
Speaker 17: Yeah, if you're a dyslexic, the right field for you to go in is to be an entrepreneur. My business is that I've invested on Shark Tank. I always look for the losers, the losers as kids, the kids that got judged hard by their parents and teachers and didn't think they were going to go anywhere. If I get a loser in my portfolio, they always become the winners. They try harder, they have something to prove, it's they have forte. They're out in the real world. They get specialized in one thing and they do it better than anybody else. Dyslexics are the way to go if you want to make money in business, in entrepreneurship that is, I want to environment. Forget about it. You don't get promoted. You have to learn like other people.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about Barbara in your Pocket because it's so cool and it's and you know, my wife subscribes to a few different people on Patreon, and so you're doing Barbara in your Pocket on Patreon, so people can actually come on as part of it and do live Q and a's with you.
Speaker 17: Of course, you know why it's so important because entrepreneurs, with them starting out, they might look like they know what they're doing. They start out that way, but in shorter do they start doubting themselves. What I think you need more more than the actual hardcore business advice like how to get the money, how to manage your cash flow, how to manage your day, all those topics I address, But you know the one I address the most is how do you believe in yourself? How do you feel like you're entitled to be rich? You're entitled to make something of yourself, You're entitled to show off and say look what I've done. And it comes harder women even than men, But everybody struggles with that. Entrepreneurs need a lot of help, and usually they start as a party of one. They don't have a sounding board that doubts all quiet. They don't want to bring them up, and they don't want to make failure and they don't like to add for help. I shove my help at them. Try to anticipate what they're going to do, listen to their question, then really read behind the question and give them the right answer that they can move forward. I think it's so essential. You know, not everybody has a mentor. I'm a good mentor. I know how to build businesses, and it's easy for me to rip off and tell them what they ought to be doing, and the really good ones always listen and execute right away. I'm just crazy about it. I think it makes a big difference.
Speaker 4: You guys can go to Barbara in your pocket dot com and she has this Patreon community that you can subscribe to with Shark Tank and it. I mean, season fifteen, do you ever feel like I just invested into a whole lot of businesses. I'm good, but you got to go back and do the show.
Speaker 17: You have to remember the good businesses as you're invested in the ones that didn't make it. You're right right off. You know what I have in my office. I have all the pictures of every entrepreneur I ever invested in, and when I don't think they have the talent, or they're a victim and feel sorry for themselves. I see that in the progress along the way or lack of progress. I turn that picture upside down, so I always know when somebody he's calling me in one self. Once we immediately I look at the wall and see are they upside down? When I forget? And I talked to the people that are right side up because they have my winners.
Speaker 4: Amy has a question for you that she was nervous about asking. I don't know what the question is going to be.
Speaker 17: Amy's nervous. I doubt it.
Speaker 4: Yes, she is nervous because she has a vulnerable question. But you can have it if you want to ask it.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, no. Typically I'm not to speak on anything, but I was married for seventeen years and got a divorce last year. I never handled finances in our marriage at all, whatsoever. I didn't even know how to log into our bank account. It's not proud of that, but I obviously the last several months, have had no choice but to get heavily involved. And we have two kids. I wanted to stay put in the house that we're in, but you know, the real estate market got a little crazy and our house went up a significant amount, so I was buying him out of our house at the highest amount possible. It's been gone. Yeah, it was horrible timing actually, especially for what we bought it for. So yeah, him, but but I'm the one that chose to stay there like and then you know, he went and bought a different house. So this is just us splitting at fifty to fifty. But I took out a heelock to get the cash to do that, and because I wasn't involved and I wasn't paying attention, I just kind of thought, oh, well, I need a lot of cash, I'll do this. And it was at eight percent. And now that I'm involved, Barbara, I am sitting down and I'm looking at numbers, and in my mind, I for months I have been paying towards this helock. But because it's eight percent, I realized it hasn't budged at all. So I've been paying towards the interest, and I don't I feel I don't know if I just was doing what I needed to do to survive at the moment, or if there's another road for me or what I should do, or if you have any advice on how to get it down.
Speaker 17: Just a different way of looking at it. Ten years from now, you're going to look at yourself and say, thank god I bought the house, because you're looking at value now what it was in the past. Your memory is you deficit. It can't help it. To measure against what's come before. Gets in the way of me investing in property. I think, yeah, I sure have gotten that building last year for a one hundred, you know, million and a half dollars, and now I have to pay two million. Why would I want to do that? The new kid on the block comes in and pays the two million, makes a fortune of five ten years from now when it's worth seven million, you know. So you deficit is that you're remembering comparing it to what you bought before. But in ten years, five years, that housing market is going to go crazy across the board and you'll be making more money. About the interest rates and not paying down your principle. So well, that's the way loans work. They hardly pay down the principle. For the first five years. You're killing yourself. It's mostly interest you're paying. You can't change that, and you're only paying one percent more than the current market. Can you refinance it? One percent makes about a ten percent difference in your monthly payment. Would that make a life change for you? You might be obsessing over some thing that isn't as important as you think it is. What do you say about that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 15: I feel I feel a lot of comfort hearing you say that, because I think now that I'm just new to getting involved and and I'm thankful that my my mortgage in this helog is it's it's my only debt at the moment, So I'm just gonna make her advice. Yeah, and I can so, Yeah, thank you for that. That's comforting to hear, Like, I don't need to obsess over it, but I'm proud of myself for being involved.
Speaker 17: Next time you get married, and make sure you do a prenup and if you forget about it, then do a post up after you get married. That's very important for.
Speaker 4: Women, or doing doing both thams. You should doing both the free and a post posting up is a thing postnuptials.
Speaker 15: I get it. Oh right, yeah, I just never heard of anybody doing a post up.
Speaker 4: Barbara's every week, knew it everyone, Eddie, you have a question for.
Speaker 7: Barbara I do.
Speaker 5: I do, Barbara, So I have a smoking chicken business called producer Eddie's Smoking Hot Chicken. And by business, thank you, thanks see she likes it. And by business I mean I just kind of make really really good smoked chickens sell it to my friends and family.
Speaker 7: Basically, I want to turn this into.
Speaker 17: A hobby and a business maybe huh.
Speaker 5: Totally yes, And I want to make this into a legit business. But everyone I talk to is like, man, food is really dangerous, Like it's just really risky.
Speaker 4: To go in on food.
Speaker 7: What is your opinion on going into a food business?
Speaker 17: Oh, listen, My best investments are all food businesses. I love the individuals that run them because they're usually carrying people that want to feed people, the nice people, and they they just do business well and have people respond well to them. So forget about a food business being a bad business. They're profitable. I think the hard thing is going to be from you to move from your family and friends. Figure out your cost your hard costs really well, your shipping costs, figuring out how to get online, figuring how to advertise it, which eats away at your profit. But if you can figure that model out, why not try it.
Speaker 4: What do you want to do?
Speaker 17: You want to be an old guide ten years from now and you want to say I wish I should have could have. No, you want to try it and push it as fast as you can. I mean, it's a good name, if it's a good recipe, other people are going to like it. Unless all your family and friends are aligning to you, are they line?
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, right, go for the final three final questions for Barbara Corkran, which, by the way, go to Barbara in youorpocket dot com and you can see all about her new Patreon community where you can do live Q and a's with her and so much more. Lunchbox a question for Barbara Corker from Shark Tank.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so there's businesses you pass on on the show. Are you allowed to outside of the show to keep following them and then approach them later? If you say, you know what, I made a mistake and go after that business, it's.
Speaker 17: A great theory. But let me tell you, the minute that door closes in that business is out the door. I never think about them again. I mean, there was one business in season one, believe it or not, that has stuck with me, but the people have long passed away, which I did pursue after the fact. It was two old people having underwear aligned with Shark that if they had gas, you couldn't smell the gas. I thought, what a stupid business. But it's haunted me for years, thinking, gee, that's a great business. Who wants to be smelling all the time? But those people are long gone. That's the only one I swear. Usually gone, they gone. There's so much on Shark Tank, so many businesses walk through the door, so many new opportunities that you can't really regret anything that you've passed on.
Speaker 4: Final two questions for you, Barbara with Mark Cuban levying, how do you feel about that? And how's it going to affect the show?
Speaker 17: Broken Hearted? He's big shoes to fill. They're going to really have to hunt to get somebody to fill his shoes. Mark, if you realized it has so much going for Number one, he's got a billion dollars the rest of some millionaires. Having a billion dollars means he buys a lot more businesses, a lot more activity. That's one. He's got a big personality. He's a lovely man. What you see is what you get. He's sincere. When he works with businesses, he really helps him. Mark is golden. I wish I hadn't married him when I met him, but he was already married because I could still have my hoax in the guy I sit next to Mark, he does all my math. That's very helpful. As a dyslexic, I can't add things up. I say, hey, Mark, tell me how's this? What percentage of this? And he always does my math for me. Now I'm going to miss him dearly, but the show will go on, but it's not going to be an easy time replacing Mark Cuban.
Speaker 4: Final question for you, Barbara, and by the way, everybody check out Shark Tank Friday's nationwide ABC at eight seventh Central. And again, Barbara and Yourpocket dot Com, which is a Patreon community with exclusive content and exclusive access to Barbara Corcoran. My question would be with you and your organization. How many unread texts and emails do you have currently and do you have a rule about unreading them all at by a certain point.
Speaker 17: Before I go to bed at night. I'm one of these phobic people. I have to read everything. I just can't go to bed without answering stuff. So I read hundreds and hundreds, but I'm really good at it with my one figure typing, and I've learned how to have short responses.
Speaker 4: And do you have forty or fifty by the way, just red dotted throughout the day, like on your email right now? Will there'll be one hundred right now if you don't check it for an hour or a thousand.
Speaker 17: I don't have my phone here, but I would say thirty. Maybe I'm guessing it's post noon time, right, thirty.
Speaker 4: That's not so bad, right, that's not a lot of spam. Yeah, I mostly it's all a span for me, so many.
Speaker 17: Blocks in place. Really, Okay, I just thought.
Speaker 15: Of a bonus bonus question that might It might be something like you would see on Barbara in your Pocket, And it's an idea that just popped in my head. About my loan Bobby, because the bank is eight percent? You do you want to loan me the money at three percent?
Speaker 17: You ask him, Bobby, I could tell looking at him, he is cheap. He's not going to give you the money.
Speaker 4: I'll give it to you at seven point five.
Speaker 15: Well, but how do you feel about friends loaning friends money?
Speaker 12: Bad?
Speaker 17: Idea.
Speaker 3: You know you have to do.
Speaker 17: You have to decide what's more important getting the money, the discount the deal, or losing a friend. In my mind, losing a friend takes a lot more energy to replace some if ever you really do it, than losing money. I lose money any day. The biggest problem I have being an individual that's positioned as someone with a lot of money is everybody's got a ten thousand dollars problem every day of the week. You know, I used to loan people money all the time. Now, if I have a family or a friend of some relation in some way wants ten thousand dollars, I give it as a gift because I do not want to lose the friend. When you lend money to a friend, what happens is the equation is off balance. You know, you're the superior person who did the lending and the person who got the money, as nice as they are, they'll resent it. It ruins the friendship. I've never seen it succeed.
Speaker 4: All right, Barbara, Thank you, everybody. Check out Barbara and Talking dot com. Bye Barbara, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 8: Number two.
Speaker 3: I'm not a parent but I can't imagine that you can't always win as a parent. There's just some scenarios where things are a little difficult and it's a little gray area. And I think that's kind of what happened with Eddie here. Although I'm maybe giving him a little too much credit, but he did make his son cry. He gave him something, took it back, well, took it because he wanted it. It was a whole thing, and his son ended up crying. And now the show is questioning Eddie's parenting choices.
Speaker 2: So there's that number four.
Speaker 4: Eddie's got four kids. This segment is Eddie the Dad.
Speaker 5: I'm not proud of myself. Man, I made one of my kids cry. I didn't mean to one of yours, one of my kids. He cried like I used to cry.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: He started crying.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know. My wife had to tell me, like, you need to go talk to him. He's crying.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 5: So bones has been giving me these cards, a pack of cards that you get. I guess I don't know they're own too.
Speaker 4: I get football cards or baseball cards or basketball cards as part of the memorabilia thing that I do and when I don't like the cards or I'm like, oh that's not that valuable, I give them to Eddie to.
Speaker 5: Get out and it's amazing. So anytime they do something good, like you know, they make up their bed without being asked to, I give him a pack of cards.
Speaker 7: And it's awesome.
Speaker 5: Well, my ten year year old he did something and I'm like, hey, man, that's awesome that he did that. I got a surprise for you. I give him a pack of cards. He's like, thanks, Dad, that's so cool. He opens the pack of cards and in there is an old Dion Sanders card and I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa, let me see that. And I looked at it and it's not new. It's one of the older ones when he played for the Cowboys. I'm like, I need to hang on to this one.
Speaker 4: Well, you you took back what you gave him?
Speaker 7: Well yeah, yeah, but I mean he kept ten cards.
Speaker 4: Did you say I'm going to hold it for you? You still own it?
Speaker 5: No? I just said, let me let me hang on to that, okay. And then I put in my office and I look googled it and yeah, it's worth like twenty bucks right now. Okay, twenty dollars right now, could be hundreds.
Speaker 4: I should take it back then too.
Speaker 7: That was already a gift.
Speaker 5: It's already exactly so, well, here's the deal. So I just took it left in my office and like two hours later, my wife comes to me and says, hey, you need to go talk to your son. He's crying. I said, what, why is he crying? He comes up to me, he's like that. I just I'm not happy that you took my card away from me. And I'm like, I'm not taking it away from you, dad, I know, But I was more protecting the card because I know that he's not going to treat it.
Speaker 4: That's what I should do to you.
Speaker 15: I mean that I understand.
Speaker 4: But if he were keeping it saying, hey, this is your card, I'm gonna keep it sick. But even then, well, hey man, whatever's mind is eventually going to be theirs. You have to die first, you know what I mean. I think I could give him the pack. It's a it's a twenty dollars card too, It's not like you found it on a Wagner.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the deal too, if we ever meet Deon Sanders, I can get that signed, And what what if he has it and he loses it at school, It's never gonna get signed.
Speaker 4: I believe you're in the wrong here. You're you're in the wrong here. You're teaching him a bad lesson.
Speaker 5: Wait, no one's asking lunchbox, lunchbox, what do you think, Eddie?
Speaker 7: You're one hundred percent wrong, dude. Like if you opened a pack of cards as a kid and your dad just took them away from you, what's the point of opening.
Speaker 5: A pack of cards?
Speaker 4: Every time you open one, you'd be like, well if I get a good one?
Speaker 15: Yeah, and this is teaching him to start hiding things from you.
Speaker 4: Yep, Oh that I was gonna get ready today, I'll take them bunch of cards.
Speaker 7: Well, don't do that. There might be some good ones tonight.
Speaker 5: Hold on, you know what, I'll give him the card back today.
Speaker 7: I'll give it back to him.
Speaker 4: I need we need proof tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Okay you did so. Audio from him saying like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you also have to promise us that you're this is you're going to learn from this, and once you give him something, you can't take it back.
Speaker 7: Cards. Yeah, if he wants to put in his bike spoke, let him put.
Speaker 4: In bikey if you want to put in but again that's to you. Okay, fine, you need to be a better dad, dad. Yes, it's the.
Speaker 2: Best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 8: Number two.
Speaker 3: Amy has been wanting doctor Lori V to evaluate her Madame Alexander doll collection that was passed down to her, and that finally happened this week. Doctor lor called in and gave all her expertise opinions on everything and let me just say, there were dolls taking over our studio. It was like overflowing of Madame Alexander dolls.
Speaker 2: Number three, so Bobby Bones Show interviews.
Speaker 4: In case you didn't know, her name is doctor Lorie. She's got a PhD. She's an antiques appraiser. She been on everything from Netflix to Discovery Channel to Today's show. She tours and travels around and does what you got, let's appraise it. She's done so many things for us. She is a plus expert. You can follow her at doctor Laurie V on Instagram. And Amy has these Madam Alexander Dahl. She sayd that she was a kid and now welcome doctor Lourie.
Speaker 2: On the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 4: Now Doctor Lourie, Doctor Lorie is awesome if she comes on and tells us our stuff isn't worth much. Occasionally we get a good review, but she's very honest with us at Doctor Laurie. You've could have seen her on many television shows, could have seen her on this show. You can follow her at Doctor Lourie V. And we are appraising Doctor Lorrier. What are these dolls that we're appraising here for Amy?
Speaker 12: Those are Madame Alexander dolls?
Speaker 4: How are you, Bobby good Geah, I'm great. Sorry, Amy was walking around. We couldn't go her to sit down because she's all nervous about these dolls.
Speaker 15: Well, because I heard we were missing Cleopatra. But I think she's right by you, Cliopatra.
Speaker 4: Okay, Doctor Loy, it's so good to see you.
Speaker 12: It's nice to see you, honey. What's happened? And everything good?
Speaker 4: Everything is good, And I know Amy's hoping that she gets some good news here. I don't even know what a Madame Alexander doll is, So can you give me a brief description of what these dolls are and why they exist?
Speaker 12: I can they exist? Because there was a woman in New York in the nineteen twenties who wanted to establish her own business. Her name was Madame Beatrice Alexander. She named the dolls for herself. I always said, if I had a kid. I never had a kid, but if I had a kid, I'd name it Laurie, because I was like, why wouldn't you name something after yourself? So she named her business after herself. And the dolls are Madame Alexander Dolls. I see that Amy's dolls have their original boxes, which is a good thing. O.
Speaker 4: The boxes are eat up? Does that matter?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it does matter, But at least they're there.
Speaker 15: Okay, Yeah, shout out to my She kept them all.
Speaker 12: So she's a she's she was an innovator in terms of women in business in the in the twenties in New York, and she started the dolls. And the dolls have a historical or a literary link, and that was sort of the marketing connection for them.
Speaker 4: Okay. And are there certain dolls in this Madame Alexander collection? Not the one we have specifically, because I don't know what you're gonna say about these, but are there certain dolls that are worth a really large amount of money?
Speaker 12: Some of there are certain dolls related there are certain dolls that are not Madame Alexander that are worth a lot of money. The Madame Alexander ones are worth significant money too, Okay, on which ones you have?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well then I don't know. I don't even know where to start. Like if you say the name of a doll, I have a bunch of open a box. Oh okay, I'm going to open this that way. This one it says Anthony on it. Oh, it's like, is this Clay Patrick right here?
Speaker 15: No, that's not that's a boy. Yeah, that's Anthony.
Speaker 12: That's Anthony. He goes, he goes with Cleopatra.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's like Mark Mark Anthony.
Speaker 15: So would they be worth more as a couple, because I have both?
Speaker 4: I need to know?
Speaker 12: Okay, so this is Anthony, Amy, Bobby, can I ask gave me some questions?
Speaker 4: Please do?
Speaker 12: Okay? So Amy, how did you acquire them? Were they purchased for you or were they handed down to you?
Speaker 15: No, they were purchased for me, gifts for my grand mam. Like that's what she would get us, like every birthday or Christmas. She would just add to our Madam Alexander doll collection.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, did you like the collection.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I had a shelf in my room that lined and I had all the dolls lined up on my shelf like the parameter of my room.
Speaker 12: You have all the books that go with them to the little booklets.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the books are attached to their wrist.
Speaker 5: His arm just fell off, literally fell off.
Speaker 4: I didn't even do anything in the arm fell off.
Speaker 5: You lost a million.
Speaker 12: Breaking the dolls is not good, Bob.
Speaker 4: I didn't break it. It just fell off.
Speaker 15: But the little booklets are attached to their wrists.
Speaker 4: It was it's addressed. It's like dressed like ancient Egyptian like almost fell Okay.
Speaker 12: Anthony, okay, so Anthony, and then there's Cleopatra. Historical figures hold more value for Madame Alexander dolls. Thank you. Guess somebody help him.
Speaker 5: Be careful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go easy, it's not broken. The pen just came out right.
Speaker 12: Usually they are attached with like an elastic band on the inside of the body. It's not hard to replace that actually, to fix that.
Speaker 4: So nothing's broken. Okay, So okay, I don't know.
Speaker 12: Kirpatra was pretty rare, so I don't know. If you have Cleopatra who goes with market.
Speaker 4: She says Patrick is very rare. Do we even have Cleopatra?
Speaker 15: But I should have Cleopatra. And now I'm freaking out because that's my mom's handwriting on the box that Alexander was in Cleopatra.
Speaker 10: I know, and now I'm stolen.
Speaker 15: He stolen.
Speaker 4: So you haven't seen Cleopatra yourself? Yes, since we turn them over to doctor Lory. No, okay, So.
Speaker 15: Doctor Lory, you saw that I had Cleopatra, right, I.
Speaker 12: Saw I saw that you had Cleopatra.
Speaker 15: Okay, because Josephine kind of looks like her.
Speaker 4: Well, go look at the other boxes over there.
Speaker 12: Cleipatrick has the cool eyes, and she's got like the big Egyptian outfit.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and she has like a little like bracelets.
Speaker 4: Mitchell, If we find Cleopatra, how much is that worth?
Speaker 12: One hundred and fifty dollars?
Speaker 4: Okay? And what about Anthony?
Speaker 12: Anthony is one hundred and fifty dollars, but they're four hundred dollars as a pair.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: We go to find Cleopatra, Oh my gosh, I have her.
Speaker 15: Hold please, We're not gonna hold not literally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Morgan's going through the boxes. Okay, So if we find them, that's four hundred dollars run your hair.
Speaker 12: You don't want to. You don't want to break up a set. I don't care what you have with anything. You don't want to break up set. So if you have pairs of things, or you know, couples like that, that's what you want to do.
Speaker 15: I have all of the little women.
Speaker 4: Okay, well let's get there. I have two people here. This is Napoleon. Whoa, that's little better be I don't want to riff off his body like the other one.
Speaker 12: That don't decapitate anybody.
Speaker 4: This is Napoleon.
Speaker 12: Okay, Napoleon looks good.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, and then is this Josephine? No, no, this has got a little mustade. This looks like it could be Cowboy, the actor Harry Mustache. No, the comedian Charlie Charlie Chaplin, maybe, but his name's not on there. But is that Charlie Chaplin? Or maybe it's Hiller.
Speaker 12: No, definitely not that. But but we're looking for Josephine.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have Napoleon.
Speaker 5: Josephine was Napoleon's wife, Yes, okay.
Speaker 4: Here there she is.
Speaker 12: There's Empress joseph Josephine right here, got it? And she doesn't have arms.
Speaker 4: No, you have them.
Speaker 12: What's up with the arms right here with the book? Okay, so we have limbs detached.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's act like they're not though. Okay, well's act like they're not.
Speaker 12: Pray something different. Okay. So basically Napoleon and Josephine are also a match and original box adds about ten percent of the value, right, so they're more worth more than Cleopatra and Mark Anthony. Value on those as the pair about four fifty okay, so I'm not bad.
Speaker 4: Eight fifty eight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're going to make some money.
Speaker 4: We need to put those arms together, though, No, I'm more about this Charlie Chaplin. He's living in here with Napoleon.
Speaker 12: Eddie's right about putting the arms together. You will, Okay, maybe a trip to the doll hospital might be in order.
Speaker 15: Do they have those?
Speaker 12: Okay, yeah, they do, they have those. They definitely have those.
Speaker 4: Where you are, we have the entire Little Women set of Madame Alexander dolls. Here you go off holding out the books with the books correct.
Speaker 12: One of the most famous for the Madame Alexander was the the Little Women set Luisa may Alcott and the reason why that was so important was because there was another set of dolls that dealt with what were called the dion quintuplets, and those dolls were so desirable. If you have those dolls, they're like twelve hundred bucks for those dolls. But these Madame Alexander dolls, the the four set are four hundred bucks, so they worth a little bit less than the couples, but they're still pretty valuable.
Speaker 4: So so far within the three sets, you get about twelve thirty hundred bucks. Okay, so here we have you're like at twelve fifty At this point, this looks like a leprechaun or something.
Speaker 12: Okay. Then you have some that are called the miniature showcase dolls. Do you have those? Are you looking at like a nursery rhyme? Like little Red riding Hood. She should be easy to figure out.
Speaker 4: Some of them are just listed as like missing hand, missing the hand, Oh ahead, Oh sorry, I was a spell drown. Here is the headless horseman.
Speaker 15: Oh that's snow White, right, but it's not broken.
Speaker 4: It's just been in a box so long you can I can put it right back on.
Speaker 12: Like, okay, good six snow White because she's the best, she's the only brownette princess. You know I did not write so value value on snow White is fifty dollars?
Speaker 7: What he said you was your favorite she's small.
Speaker 12: Well, she's my favorite princess.
Speaker 7: But how can you like someone it's only fifty Hey?
Speaker 4: What if we strip her for parts and sell her head?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 12: Well, gosh, lunchbox, I just like snow White.
Speaker 4: Okay, and then here's let's do one more big one here. Unless we're missing Amy, what are you bringing up here? Okay? These are Amy's. Those are bigs. Here's Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty with all they look exactly, with all their limbs and heads.
Speaker 12: They look good. Now, they look good. I would probably say seventy five for each one of those.
Speaker 4: It's not bad. Are you just pointing good?
Speaker 15: Okay? Like, no, can't sell them as a couple, Hey.
Speaker 12: Dude, it's can't different stories. They're very specific about the literature.
Speaker 4: You know, a game? Now her, what's her biggest cash item? Do you think.
Speaker 12: Napoleon and Josephine? Okay, Okay, well, I don't know who's signed the Kansas City. I mean I'm looking at the at the football helmet I got.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of signed memorabilia. Uh, this is the t J. Watt replicas. Oh wow, yeah, this is a dubas CEEDI LAMB Dallas Cowboy mini helmet. This one I have George Kittle and uh uh uh George Kittle?
Speaker 12: Wow? Yeah, yeah, you know is that Patrick on the Kansas It is not?
Speaker 15: Is it?
Speaker 4: This one is.
Speaker 12: Travis Kilsey right for she Rice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the running back she Rice.
Speaker 12: That's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I have a how much is that one?
Speaker 7: George?
Speaker 18: Here?
Speaker 4: I gotta you know who knows?
Speaker 12: I gotta sign uh the Well, there's two things happening with his sports memorabilia. First of all, it's Bobby's, so that increases value. If it were like anybody else's, it's not gonna be worth as much. And he can document when they got it signed, so that's going to be important. Of course, the the more the more important the actual individual players are in that particular game, then you're gonna see more value too.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 12: Authenticity is not difficult to identify though those are all authentic.
Speaker 4: I'm not giving any of these up. I'm sleeping in my bed with them. I sleep in the bed with them every night. I did get a signed authentic Denver Broncos. I won it a John Elways super Bowl champion and Peyton Manning same helmet super Bowl champion MVPs and wow, someone saw that I had an offer me like four thousand dollars for it, immediately shut and you sold it. I did not sell it. I didn't sell It's too low.
Speaker 15: Wait, these are the ones you want on TikTok.
Speaker 4: That one was when I won.
Speaker 15: Yeah, probably for thirty five bucks.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter how I want it.
Speaker 15: But that's how much it costs. I'm asking while no, actually back it up. What filter are you taking this through? Because I'm actually like, wow, you spent thirty five and you can make over four thousand.
Speaker 4: But that's like saying you spent one dollar on the lottery and you spent a lot of money and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: It's not about me.
Speaker 4: I want Doctor Lourie's on the Yeah, I want the Hitler at all.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, but I want to kill it first of all, four thousand is too low. Most of the time somebody offers you something like that, that fast is usually working in the twenty five percent range, Like they were offering you about twenty five percent of what it is. I would say just out of the shoot forget that it's yours, Bobby. But that does increase value because that relates to provenance or history, lineage of who had the piece before you. That piece is going to start at fifteen probably, and then you've got to add in the provenance for Bobby.
Speaker 15: Bonteen what fifteen thousand?
Speaker 12: Fifteen thousand, well is way too low?
Speaker 4: They did it offer it super quick.
Speaker 15: Doctor Lorie. Is their provenance that the Madame alexandros If one want to you, yes, if I give them to Bobby for lineage sake, does it go up in value?
Speaker 4: You would like carryunderwood for a day? She comes in carry on? Yes, okay, here's yeah.
Speaker 12: I mean? And then other famous celebrities who have who have owned them also impact the value or specifically, but if there are other celebrities who also collected Madame Alexander Dog, then the value goes up a little bit too.
Speaker 4: You guys, we love doctor Laurie. You can follow her at doctor Lori V. Visit her website doctor LORIIV dot com. She's been on and we've done from Netflix too. She travels around. Can if our listeners wanted you to appraise something, could they pay you to do that themselves.
Speaker 12: They can go to my website. Sure, they can attend one of my events too. That's how I got this lovely cold.
Speaker 4: You know I was doing.
Speaker 12: I was on tour, so you can you know, they can come to one of my events too, whatever they want to do. But yeah, the website, they can do that.
Speaker 4: I just want to make sure that you feel like we're contributing to you, because all she doesn't contribute to us. She comes on and she gives us all this advice and tells us how much stuff's worth worth. And I just want to make sure that we can tell our listeners to do something and somehow they can get to you and somehow you can benefit from the time you spent with us.
Speaker 12: Always good to be a friend of the show. It's always good to be with you guys. So it's no problem. Thanks very much for the plug. But for the most part, make sure you keep your pieces out of direct sunlight in places wheremember art and antiques collectibles like to live, where you like to live. So we don't want them in basements. We don't want him in addicts. We want him in rooms that are heated and cooled, like you're heated and cooled.
Speaker 4: I have your house, Peyton Manning, johnnyway Holme, am my Tanning bed at home on Is that bad? No, that's bad. Okay, I don't have a tanting bed. Doctor Laurie. Thank you so much and we will talk to you soon.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Thanks for everything.
Speaker 12: See you guys.
Speaker 4: I'll buy the Hitler it all from you, just to kill it if I can stomp it out.
Speaker 15: Okay, okay, it's not it's not Hitler. It's definitely not.
Speaker 13: Is it.
Speaker 4: Charlie Chaplin was someone google there's a Charlie Chaplin out of alexanderdal because if there is, maybe that it just has the mustach and the mustache.
Speaker 5: Is different though you had like a two part mustache. Charlie Chaplin was.
Speaker 15: Like that one little block, that's a two part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Charlie Chaplin had a block.
Speaker 4: No, no, his was like, what is it?
Speaker 3: Puld them up again?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, guys, I watched black and white movies.
Speaker 4: Eddie, you need to shut your mouth.
Speaker 5: I know, Charlie Chaplin.
Speaker 4: I have so many dolls up here. Okay, he's in a he's in a that's not him.
Speaker 15: Oh oh they're in the box together. Oh, I mean he looks like him, but he also has a hat.
Speaker 3: It does look like he's listed on eBay as.
Speaker 4: Charlie chap does have a little hat as well, like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a red tie. I don't know if it's the same.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 3: Is the Hitler the Chaplin hat has a black tall hatler.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm trying to kill it. I want to kill the doll or okay, so that who is that? Oh?
Speaker 7: That guy looks like the guy that little bo peep who lost his sheet.
Speaker 5: He looks like one Valdez.
Speaker 4: Although Mike's gonna do the thing. He takes a picture for Google and it tells him that's always gonna die. It's Madame Alexander Portrait Children Red eleven.
Speaker 12: Rhett.
Speaker 4: You can buy it online for thirty bucks like Thomas htt.
Speaker 5: It's Thomas Rhett.
Speaker 4: It is okay, Rhett.
Speaker 15: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. Is that him?
Speaker 5: That's no, no, no, who's that?
Speaker 15: I thought his name was in the movie.
Speaker 7: Oh maybe.
Speaker 5: Am I wrong and gone with a win?
Speaker 15: I'm probably wrong?
Speaker 4: Amy with all this looks like you could sell it all and make about a thousand bucks after every you know, do you want to sell them.
Speaker 15: Oh, I have more dolls than this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think if she were to, she probably saw all them and thought these were the most worthy. Can I buy this one from you? The red one?
Speaker 5: How much you want to buy the Thomas rhet one?
Speaker 4: I can buy it online for like fifteen bucks.
Speaker 15: I thought you just said thirty.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to I'm trying to work you down there, but I heard I can. Hey, you can't break up. I don't need any more. I don't need any more any more. Crap on my desk.
Speaker 15: No the dolls for sale?
Speaker 12: What you got?
Speaker 4: No, I have nothing. I'm out, no cash, no cash.
Speaker 5: If you buy it, we can kill it.
Speaker 4: No cash. It's not hitler face hitler. We're going to destroy it immediately. Yeah, we're gonna put it to the hand. Thanks to doctor Lorrie. Am you gonna sell any of this? He's gonna put it up.
Speaker 15: I mean potentially. I know when we first brought it up, I had listeners that were very interested, so lineage. Yeah, let's see what happens.
Speaker 4: All right. Thank you to doctor Loriy.
Speaker 2: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox has officially been challenged. Bobby asked if he can be kind for two weeks, and if he does, let's just say, let me say that in Lunchbox boys, Well let's just say that it's gonna be a big payout for Lunchbox. He's gonna get some things he's always wanted and things that he wants every single day. So can Lunchbox rise to the challenge and do this kindness challenge for two weeks? I don't know. We're all about to find out together.
Speaker 4: Number two, I don't want to talk about Lunchbox for a second. He really wants to win the lottery. We made the challenge to him to do two weeks of being kind with no anger or rage or meanness, and we do feel I do feel that if he does that, if he believes in whatever he thinks, the lottery gods are you do believe that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there are lottery gods.
Speaker 4: If i'd be the case, I don't think there are a lottery gods. But I think if that's the case, and you give us two week weeks of kindness, I think they'll shine on you and you will hit some money in the lottery. Yeah, can you commit to two weeks of kindness.
Speaker 7: I do two weeks of kindness, no problem.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, I will throw if you hit two weeks of kindness one hundred bucks in. Yeah, for your lottery, okay, meaning if you win, you keep it all. I don't. I don't want any of it.
Speaker 7: How much they be throwing in?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, nobody has to throw anything in. None, nobody else has to throw anything in.
Speaker 7: They don't have to.
Speaker 4: But they want two weeks kindness. But any time that you're not kind, the clock starts over.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty kind.
Speaker 4: Great. Do you accept the deals?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 4: One deal me aimy. You can throw twenty bucks in if you will.
Speaker 8: Why do I have?
Speaker 4: Just you don't.
Speaker 7: You don't have to if you don't want to.
Speaker 4: I just thought it'd be a great way to be kind.
Speaker 15: Okay, you're right. Example, lead by example, twenty dollars.
Speaker 7: Bobby did one hundred I know he did.
Speaker 15: That's so right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's about Eddie.
Speaker 5: Kindness has no dollar amount.
Speaker 4: Amen, you have one hundred and twenty bucks if you hit two weeks of kindness. Now we want to do something kind for you because you do. We got a listener, and I'll play the voicemail again. Lunchbox would love, oh of to drive a Lamborghini, just drive one. We'd love to have one, but he loved to just drive one. Here's a call.
Speaker 18: We got a longtime listener, big fan of the show. I was listening to the podcast and heard that you were you really would like to see Lunchbox drive a Lamborghini one day. I actually know of a way that he could do that. It's called Extreme Experience and it's going to be coming to Nashville April fifth through the seventh, and it gives them an opportunity to drive a supercar around Nashville Speedway for three laps. So it's about six hundred dollars after insurance. So hopefully we get to see it and it'll be a good segment if we get some get him out there on the track.
Speaker 4: I'd like to actually elevate two weeks of kindness. If you do two weeks of kindness, we'll pay for this for you, not even a birthday present. We'll we'll put you in a Lamborghini. We'll figure it out amongst ourselves.
Speaker 15: It's not about present.
Speaker 4: No. If this is a kindness, gift of kindness.
Speaker 15: In my twenty transfer kindness gift.
Speaker 4: A kind that's what we're gonna call it.
Speaker 7: Just I just looked it up, and we can do more than a Lamborghini.
Speaker 4: No, no, you win a Lamborghini. No, No, weekend we'll do no.
Speaker 7: No, I want to drive the fleet out.
Speaker 4: So there's a Lamborghini here where you can drive a uh well, there's a Ferrari two ninety six exactly for five forty nine. There's a Lamborghini Hurrican for four thirty nine.
Speaker 15: It's not bad Hurrican.
Speaker 4: It's a Ferrari four eighty eight GTB for four thirty nine. If you hit two weeks of kindness, then you can pick. Would you like us to buy lottery tickets? Or would you like us to put you on the racetrack?
Speaker 5: Oh? Man, that's tough, but no, you get to pick because it's three laps versus your whole life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's three laps, but it's gonna cost three thousand and three hundred.
Speaker 4: Not doing drive the fleet. That's eight different cars. I'm looking at it now. Drive all eight supercars, includes track insurance, charge your Helica, Helicat, ride along in car videos, digital photos, t shirt. You're not doing eight cars, but we can put you on a Lamborghini if you want them, I want.
Speaker 5: To discounted, dude, ten percent all exactly what.
Speaker 4: Would you like? Because you have thirty seconds to decide, right, if you can play me some thirty second music, what I had decide between either being put in a Lamborghini if you had two weeks of kindness, which we will pay for, or one hundred and twenty bucks for the lottery.
Speaker 19: Bro the lottery dude, that's big, and it's only with three laps here, but three laps in a MS his dream. But you also have to be kind for two weeks with no slip up. That's hard because the timer will start over ten seconds left.
Speaker 4: And if you answer with nothing or I knew more drip or we go nothing, you offer nothing and the deals off.
Speaker 7: It's gotta be Lambeau.
Speaker 4: Okay, time up. Your answer is.
Speaker 7: I just said it, Lambou. You said I had to say it before the time expired.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you go two weeks of kindness on this show, yeah.
Speaker 7: Let's see the dates on this make sure down to the wire.
Speaker 5: You just said you believed in lottery guys, and you just turned on them.
Speaker 7: No, no, I didn't turn on them, but maybe I'll drive the Lambo to.
Speaker 4: April fifth through seventh March. See he stays the twelveth, so two weeks a little bit. Oh you got this? You have like three you have mini shots.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: It's the kind of starts Mike Field market. Right now, wait now, wait now, wait now, hold now now.
Speaker 7: All right, way, oh man, times are selling out though there's none left on the sixth. They're sold out.
Speaker 4: Then you better be kind so you can get one of those early times.
Speaker 7: Guys, we got to book it now.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. Maybe I book it and I go do it. If he doesn't hit that two weeks.
Speaker 7: Ago, that's it in Yeah, it's not funny. That's not cool.
Speaker 4: That yeah, I think that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 7: That's crossing the line.
Speaker 4: It is not. I need to hold one, but you don't get to do it.
Speaker 7: I mean we got look three pm on the.
Speaker 4: Okay, Beth, I'm gonna get off so I can book one of these for me.
Speaker 7: Stop no, because if you book it on your name, it's gonna you're no.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I can go. He's gonna drive it instead.
Speaker 7: Because your name will be on the insurance we're.
Speaker 4: Not gonna do insurance yet. Let me just figure out what's up.
Speaker 5: You're making all these assumptions.
Speaker 4: Be kind for two weeks, that's what it is. Everybody good on that. Can you not kind? You guys tell me, oh yeah, of course, we'll take it to the kind this way.
Speaker 7: If I'm extra kind, can we upgrade to the money if you're extra kind?
Speaker 15: Yeah, we upgrade a lottery ticket.
Speaker 5: But that's not gonna be real. You know he's gonna be fake kind.
Speaker 4: Well that's okay, so off It's like if you fake donate to charity, the charity shill get it.
Speaker 7: It's like faked donated kidney over here.
Speaker 5: No he has no, no, no, I haven't donated kidney.
Speaker 15: But it's off air, off air on air.
Speaker 4: Oh oh no, no, off air does not count. Well then deal off, No it does count. Okay, it's the best bits of.
Speaker 2: The week with Morgan.
Speaker 8: Number two.
Speaker 3: Miss Kelly stopped by our studio the hot topic segment of the week. It was the dyslexias test. Now we didn't just do this randomly. Eddie brought to the show I don't know a couple of months back, saying that he thinks he's dyslexic, and miss Kelly called in and was like, I'm well versed in this. I've studied this and have all the accolades to prove that. And she's like, I'll come in and test you guys. So she did and she was awesome, Like miss Kelly shout out to her. She was so sweet and very understanding of the entire situation. And she tested Bobby Amy, Lunchbox and Eddie for dyslexia and we found out the results. That's what you're about to hear right now. I don't want to give anything.
Speaker 2: Away, So here we go number one. So Bobby Bones Show Interviews.
Speaker 4: In case you didn't know, we're going to do some dyslexia testing. Her name is Kelly Cole. She has a bachelor's degree from Southern Methods University, a doctorate of education, and she does this for a living. She created her own business. She works with kids, young adults and adults one to determine if they're dyslexic or there's a number version two. And we're going to take the tests. We're all going to be supportive of each other. Yeah, of course, okay, you guys, that's not good acting. Well, we do man and she is here now. Her website is knowledge charged dot com. Let's go. I'm a little nervous here.
Speaker 13: She is.
Speaker 4: You, guys excited for the dyslexia test?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I don't even understand what answers when you read things upside down right sort of?
Speaker 4: We have an expert here. Let me let me give her credentials here. So she has a bachelor's degree from SMU. She has a doctorate of Education from SMU. She has a what's a ce R I Kelly.
Speaker 10: International Dyslexia Association certification.
Speaker 4: Got it? And so you have CAC tutoring in Fort Smith, Arkansas. And you were a teacher first, yes.
Speaker 10: And then my son got cancer, so I left the profession. And then he was having a lot of trouble. We couldn't figure out if it was medical or learning disability, and at nine we diagnosed dyslexia. We drove twice a week, four and a half hours one way, wow, to get him therapy. And the doctor that was giving it was like, you have an education background, you have this, you could go back and do this. Oh wow, So I went back. I learned from Susan Barton Barton method which is Norton, Gillingham based, and at fourteen he started reading. And he's graduating from you of A in May.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, really cool. So she she was already doing and specialized. And I bet you when you specialize with your son, you found a lot of other people nearby that needed that as well.
Speaker 10: Yes, I have a waiting list and can't everybody in It's.
Speaker 4: Well, Eddie might be dyslexic. This is why we brought this up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you brought it to us.
Speaker 4: We didn't start calling you dyslexia Eddie.
Speaker 5: Correct Now?
Speaker 7: I think I think I do.
Speaker 5: I don't really don't know because I mix my words sometimes, So I'm assuming I probably have some sort of dyslexia.
Speaker 10: And I see a lot of dys calcula just on things I hear, and I see a solid dude that family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very is the disc calcula the numbers one?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So here's what we're gonna do. What do I call you?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 4: I know Kelly is your name, because Kelly called us and I was like, hey, I think it can help. So she's in town. What are you doing in town? Like a convey or something?
Speaker 10: No, my daughter married a boy from Franklin, Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Oh a marriage, yes, No, just to hang out then, yes? Oh awesome. Do we call you doctor Kelly? Do we call you all?
Speaker 10: My students call me miss Kelly okay, and their parents everybody.
Speaker 4: So we're going to do some tests here throughout the hour with miss Kelly. And what kind of tests? Can you just give me a brief description of what we're going to do before we do it?
Speaker 10: So the first one is going to be a reading evaluation. National average reading level is seventh grade, and so this test goes up to twelfth grade and it will just tell me where.
Speaker 4: Your reading level is twelfth grade?
Speaker 10: So does I'm starting it at fourth grade for you lunch?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: I mean, come on, cee spot go.
Speaker 4: That's like kindergarten brh. So how does this first test work? Do we read it? Do you give us something to read?
Speaker 10: I am going to give you a list of thirty words, and I switched everybody's lists up so you wouldn't hear some of the words that the other person reads. And I will be making notes on how your pronunciation is, how do you pause before certain things.
Speaker 4: We're reading out loud?
Speaker 10: Yes, my heart is sort of like I'm very hold on.
Speaker 7: Hold on everybody and pronounces words different, So to judge me on my pronunciation, she's not judging you, she is. That's what a test is, ug genetics or what phenemis? There you go, you already are wrong.
Speaker 4: Okay, well then let's.
Speaker 10: Adhd runs very closely with dysplexia.
Speaker 5: So great, Amy's sweating over there.
Speaker 7: I'm going to be like the smartest getting the class.
Speaker 4: So do we have do we do it out loud, one at a time?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, So me, Amy, Lunchbox, and Eddie are going to take the test. And who would you like to go first?
Speaker 10: It does not?
Speaker 4: Okay, then let's go to Amy. Do you want to go first? Eddie want to go first?
Speaker 7: I'll go first?
Speaker 4: Okay, Eddie will be yea Morgan, can you help her? Let's walk.
Speaker 5: You got to thank you for coming, miss Kelly.
Speaker 10: This is great, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Oh give everybody? Want to tell me that?
Speaker 10: And I have more you want?
Speaker 4: Okay? Passing out the yellow sheets?
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, so do we don't look at them yet?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: Oh, don't look at look at studying.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'm not studying, Cheeter, I'm not studying.
Speaker 4: Take one grade away.
Speaker 5: I'm back to third grade.
Speaker 4: Take one grade away, Billy Madison.
Speaker 10: Okay, I need an ink pen.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, ma'am, I'm sorry, right at you. You got all micright. Miss Kelly's in the studio. We're gonna take the first part of a dyslexia test. This is her expertise. Okay, so whatever you need to do, go ahead, Miss Kelly.
Speaker 10: Whoever wants to start, just tell me the number that's on your paper.
Speaker 5: Miss Kelly, I have number four.
Speaker 10: Okay, you can begin. I didn't study there, and start reading across across and keep going. I will not tell you if you're wrong.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Whither bling awake, board, approve, stalk, mosaic, quality, release, rudimentary, threshold, designer, particular, tranquility, humiliate, aeronautic, ludicrous, audacious, benign, pugst anomaly, coercion, soliquilize. In show eight, enigma, intristic, god, I missed that one up, metamorphosis, moratorium, and primmorial. I messed that one up.
Speaker 4: Too, Dude. I know what some of those words are.
Speaker 15: Any talks we have those words, just in a different order.
Speaker 10: Oh dang, some are different.
Speaker 7: I have never heard any talk like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just focused, focused broadcast. Yeah, so I did sound clear for her. I'm jim Nance Welcome to the Masters metamorphosis.
Speaker 7: But you're running me talk I got talk, right, miss Kelly. You want me just be normal?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's wat You ready?
Speaker 7: Oh I'm ready? What number I got?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: Just like my high school soccer jersey number two, He's ready. Board cliff awake, board approve, glutton, grieve, quality, residence, contemporary, threshold, desolate, tranquility, humiliate, aeronautic, predictation, audacious, benign, mitosis, mosaic, corrosion, soliloquiz, ruse, enigma, fruition, intrinsic, opskin, quequist, hubris, kudos, rumination, rumination. I don't know that word.
Speaker 4: Very good, that's good.
Speaker 7: I'm miss like two.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what some of them are.
Speaker 5: So yeah, don't don't don't help.
Speaker 7: Because saying the one I didn't, I still couldn't say it.
Speaker 4: Okay, job, who's up?
Speaker 7: I didn't go like this?
Speaker 17: Bored?
Speaker 5: Why you can find of me?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 15: Okay? Have three escape, block, awake, brought, approve, stalk through, quality, residence, imply, threshold, desolate, thorough, tranquility, humiliate, aeronautic predilection, audacious, benign, pugg list anomaly, enigmatic soliloquise in shoat, centrifogeful Sati, Cameron RODERI, Oh, Camarado, what I don't know?
Speaker 4: Motor yum and.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm so nervous to do this.
Speaker 15: I think that I've always felt like I've had something wrong, and so.
Speaker 10: Many people do. And it's nothing intellectual. I mean, you are still obviously super smart, no matter if you have dyslexi or not.
Speaker 15: But I don't know if I have it. I just know that it's like always like maybe it's just coming up for me because I don't know. School was so hard for me and I never addressed it.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 4: It feels like the day if you're like born, when we were born, there will be these after school specials and somebody would be fighting something and at the end he would go like, I can't read. And I feel like Amy was gonna say that, like finally announced to it she couldn't read.
Speaker 15: Read.
Speaker 12: I don't know what.
Speaker 15: Maybe I'm just like hormonals.
Speaker 5: Amy, I get what you're saying, or hormonal Amy. Did you finish your list.
Speaker 12: I'm periment apostle.
Speaker 4: Did I say that?
Speaker 10: And so there you go, Bobby, you're up.
Speaker 4: Okay, go go go, I have number number one. You ready for me? Do I just go? Do? I do all of them and go right across the top? Okay, weather block, awake, board, approve, stalk, collapse, quality, residence, imply, threshold, desolate, participate, tranquility, humiliate, aeronautic, predilection, audacious, benign, pugilist, anomaly, ion, soloquise, in koe, enigma, intrinsic, disproportionate, moratorium, obsequious, very good. The one that I really didn't know. There's a couple of it. I guessed sometimes when I read a book to do context.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, and she didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm so smart, show my skills a kid in this.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what in like that inco means?
Speaker 10: Right, we don't have to know the definition able to pronounce.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, that's what I would, That's what but I didn't. I don't know what it means being honest with you guys. Okay, So she's gonna do our scores to take a second, already have them, I have yours.
Speaker 7: Hold back, make her cry no, that's not.
Speaker 15: She didn't make me cry. I think it's this is a vulnerable thing for me of like something I've always thought, and we're doing it in a very public way, which is fine. I signed. I don't mind doing that. I just can't help the real like reaction and emotion that's coming up because of it. I'm sure I'm not the only person to react this way as while doing it.
Speaker 10: So some of my mom's volunteered for me to practice on them before I came up, and I had a mom in tears. Her little boy seized me for dyslexia, and I tested her and she's like, I knew that was where it came from, and that was right before I came up.
Speaker 4: She was okay, okay, well then if you have you need a break to do the scores? Are you good?
Speaker 10: I'm good?
Speaker 4: Okay. Who do you want to do?
Speaker 7: First?
Speaker 10: You read on a twelfth grade level?
Speaker 7: Of course?
Speaker 3: Boom?
Speaker 8: What do you know?
Speaker 7: Shocker?
Speaker 15: That's great?
Speaker 7: School is easy for you.
Speaker 4: Why do I feel picked on right now?
Speaker 15: You shouldn't? You should?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Miss Kelly? Go ahead? And next up number two, which was Amy number two. Number two.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, twelve.
Speaker 10: Eight point two eighth grade, so above average. Seventh grade is national average.
Speaker 5: You're still in middle school in eighth grade eight point two would be out of middle school, just.
Speaker 7: Barely in high school.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, it's like summer. You're in the summer, visually in the middle of high Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: But my question is, let miss Kelly talk yelling at her.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, miss Kelly, Well, I have several marks on the way you pronounced things, not using phonemic code.
Speaker 4: But what grade is the officially in eighth grade?
Speaker 10: Eight point two, second month of eighth grade.
Speaker 4: There you go, buddybody's right around the corner.
Speaker 7: I still, I don't know that I missed one word.
Speaker 4: Besides, okay, I'm arguing who had number three?
Speaker 12: I did?
Speaker 15: Okay, it's okay, I remember.
Speaker 5: That's really dude, Amy, you're good.
Speaker 10: It's seven point eight.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's actually right there with lunchbox.
Speaker 7: Not even close. She's in a different grade year behind.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Four months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, four months is a lot when you're that old. But you laughed hard. You thought she did way worse than you. I don't think you understand how bad you got it. Got it so Amy, seventh grade lunchbox, eighth grade. And then finally, Eddie, I'm ready, Miss Kelly nine point five? Who in high school?
Speaker 7: Baby, let's go.
Speaker 4: I guess I should have slowed down and been you were all cocky? I mean, Eddie, well, oh okay, I mean he doesn't speak like that. First test complete.
Speaker 7: I still don't know what I did wrong?
Speaker 4: You ever were being you?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 4: Okay, congratulations everybody, elementary students.
Speaker 10: Here, National average or above.
Speaker 5: Nice job, pretty good, it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: National average.
Speaker 7: I read on eighth grade level is atrocious.
Speaker 4: Oh nice word, bro. You get a bonus points, you get a bonus month for that one. Okay, we're gonna take a break. We're gonna come back. We're gonna do us.
Speaker 7: Oh no, what is this?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I just saw it. The next one. I don't know that what the quiz is, but it says spelling. Is that next? Yes, count me out.
Speaker 7: I'll I'm want to come back.
Speaker 4: I'm spelling next. Miss Kelly is here, which, by the way, go to knowledge charge dot com. Charge. I can't say charge a little bit knowledge charge dot com. Alright, Miss Kelly's in studio. A bachelor's degree from s m U, a doctorate of Education from s m U. She has her c R. Is that a SARI? How do you say that? You see R? Okay me twelfth graders, we try to. So we're gonna go with the second part of the dyslexia test, which is spelling. Oh no, this is not good.
Speaker 10: I can give you a sentence if you need the word used.
Speaker 7: In a sent Oh yeah, can you give me a root of origin?
Speaker 10: It starts very easily and gets harder and harder.
Speaker 4: So how do we do this? Do we all have the same word?
Speaker 10: You all have the same words? So Eddie, guard your paper?
Speaker 7: You got yeah?
Speaker 5: Because he cheats?
Speaker 7: I never I used to try to cheat, but not evenmore.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, miss Kelly, we're ready.
Speaker 10: Your first word is all. I want all of you to do your best.
Speaker 4: I'm in, okay, I'm in for the whim led he led the way. So do we finish this? And then you look you great him? Yes? Got it?
Speaker 10: Number three is within you will finish within the time.
Speaker 4: Mostly when I text, I just try like two letters and it predicts.
Speaker 7: Man, I am so fast.
Speaker 4: I'm like predictive, all right, w I T and just hope it correct. Provide how many of you are there, miss Kelly?
Speaker 10: Twenty words?
Speaker 4: All right? Number five is suffer you guys feel pretty good about the first five?
Speaker 7: Yes, No, I need to go back to number two.
Speaker 4: Oh no, there's no going back.
Speaker 5: She said, Sorry, Bud, what you didn't say anything.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that you got to keep moving, keep moving. It's like live buddy.
Speaker 10: Number six elect, we will elect a new office. Elect Number seven request and have of it.
Speaker 7: I hope she won't be able to read by writers, so she has to give to me correct.
Speaker 4: That's how it works now.
Speaker 10: I tell my students. If I can't read it, it's wrong.
Speaker 4: I've been writing in Mandarin, so I hope it's okay.
Speaker 7: I know that, mister twelfth grader over there, Yeah, just way.
Speaker 4: I'm about to lose a couple of years right now.
Speaker 10: Employ Dad's boss wanted to employ my brother.
Speaker 7: There's one word you better not put on this list.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: Why are you threatening her?
Speaker 4: Why do you keep talking?
Speaker 7: Because this is what I do during a test.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 10: Number nine entertain Number ten foreign he is from a foreign country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're getting difficult now.
Speaker 10: Eleven convenient Is that like a store? The hours are not convenient?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't miss that one.
Speaker 10: Number twelve familiar thirteen accommodate, I mean.
Speaker 7: Instead of word again.
Speaker 10: Accommodate, we will accommodate her with a new room accommodate. Oh, let me fix that number fourteen Parliament.
Speaker 7: I got that one.
Speaker 5: I was hoping with parlay.
Speaker 10: Number fifteen acquaintance.
Speaker 7: And you're off a quiet.
Speaker 15: Because I don't feel the need to talk after every single one she says.
Speaker 5: Him in high school.
Speaker 10: You know it was number sixteen physician.
Speaker 4: Will you say that was again?
Speaker 10: Physician?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 10: Number seventeen pro bri it. Oh no, it's getting tough, yeah, eighteen occurrence all.
Speaker 7: The scribbles, damn Yeah, I think.
Speaker 10: I got that nineteen zealous the fan was over zealous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got that one right.
Speaker 4: Boom. Do you get more points for getting the hard ones?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: You get point for poom loud.
Speaker 7: That's why I'm talking, right, you gotta buddy zellous.
Speaker 10: I just got like ten points and your last word is millennium. Millennium.
Speaker 7: I'm just glad embarrassed is not on there. That's one where I cannot spell.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, be quiet, man, dude, Will you say that one again?
Speaker 10: Millennium silver came into use in the third millennium.
Speaker 4: Okay, I definitely do not.
Speaker 5: I think I missed one name.
Speaker 4: If you only missed one.
Speaker 10: All I'm kidding, man, Yes, write your name so I know whose paper is.
Speaker 4: I can count about five. Feel terrible about Get off my paper, turn it in. Stop looking at Eddie's. Stop looking at eddies.
Speaker 7: You're not passing paper, you idiot.
Speaker 4: Whoa Yes, yes, he's looking at both of them.
Speaker 7: It's on the back. I can't see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're up to no good, give her the paper.
Speaker 7: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: It to Amy?
Speaker 7: I literally kids see it?
Speaker 4: Mine up and then cheeter. What we'll do is we'll play a song and then we'll come back and we'll get grades from miss Kelly. She's like a few minutes to greade on. Okay, yeah, if so.
Speaker 7: What's that?
Speaker 8: What's that?
Speaker 4: A on this? Or twelfth grade? Or how the is it? Fifteen sixteen, twenty twenty out of twenty twenty out of two? Oh, nobody's gonna be a senior here about.
Speaker 18: To go back?
Speaker 7: Twenty out of twenty is a senior.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll come back in one second. We'll give miss Kelly a few minutes to grade. We are doing a dyslexia test, if you missed the first part of the test, including a very emotional moment from Amy vulnerable, very you can listen on the podcas She's still not talking. She isn't.
Speaker 15: I just keep getting more and more nervous.
Speaker 4: Is that how you would do a test too? Get nervous on tests? Like when it was sat a c T. Would you get nervous going into it?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I hate them. Yeah, like I have a lump in my throat. It's fine.
Speaker 4: Miss Kelly is administering a dyslexia test to us. She got her doc Dread of Education at SMU and the first test we did was pronunciation of words. Some words we didn't even know what they meant. The second test was spelling, which I felt terrible about. How did you guys feel Did you feel like that was harder or easier than the first test? A little easier, Eddie goes easier, A oh harder.
Speaker 7: I'm not good at spelling. I don't really spell things. I'm a reader though, and I don't understand. But whatever. I never claimed to be a speller either in school.
Speaker 4: None of us have really.
Speaker 7: I never made the spelling be whatever.
Speaker 4: Crap that was you never made it? You even get to play the first round?
Speaker 7: No, they were like, oh, who wants to be in it? I don't want to be in that crap?
Speaker 9: Good is it?
Speaker 4: Because you weren't good? Because I would do that too, like who wants to? And I'll be like, no, I don't want to. But really I knew I just wasn't like gonna make it.
Speaker 7: I knew I'd have to study.
Speaker 18: Not for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's not my jam.
Speaker 4: We did our first test and Amy was late seventh grade. Lunchbox was early eighth grade. Eddie was ninth grade.
Speaker 5: Grade high school poser Eddie, Yes, was its just me, dude?
Speaker 4: What do you mean poser?
Speaker 7: He doesn't read like that he was using.
Speaker 4: He was pronounced.
Speaker 5: I was trying to be clear with my words.
Speaker 4: I was twelfth grade. Very happy about that, your senior, But this is about to not go good for me. Here, okay, miss Kelly, we're coming back over to you. You've graded the spelling exams, and how do you want to give the results.
Speaker 10: Well, you did get the best score at eleventh grade.
Speaker 4: Oh how many they get out of twenty?
Speaker 10: That you got sixteen out of twenty?
Speaker 4: I thought I missed four or five?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 4: In eleventh grade?
Speaker 7: What was the easiest?
Speaker 4: When he missed, you're l D now lead led the way led? I was thinking lead like an I thought that one.
Speaker 7: I did l E A D two.
Speaker 4: Man, we're the same, We're like same. Boy, I'm an idiot. Okay, thank you, Okay, next up, we'll see we're the same. Hold all right, and I'm in eleventh grader. Here go ahead, Eddie.
Speaker 10: You're in eighth grade.
Speaker 5: Hey, oh, I went back down though I was a freshman ninth and eighth year.
Speaker 15: This is harder than he was senior. Went to junior.
Speaker 10: Okay, Amy, ninth grade, he went up?
Speaker 2: I did get led good for you and.
Speaker 10: Lunch box ninth grade?
Speaker 4: Boom, high school place.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I'm still average out.
Speaker 4: Everybody spells? Is he in last place on the spelling in this place game?
Speaker 8: Come on?
Speaker 7: He just said he got easier and he got he dropped, guys, Let's make fun of him.
Speaker 5: Why make fun of me?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 5: Come on, make fun of my conditions.
Speaker 10: Okay, so, Eddie, we don't make fun of dyslexia.
Speaker 4: Lunch, yes, lunch, but I'm not making fun of you.
Speaker 7: I'm making fun of him.
Speaker 4: So Eddie, what were your two grades so far?
Speaker 5: Ninth grade and seventh grade?
Speaker 4: Okay, Lunchbox yours eighth and.
Speaker 15: Ninth and Amy Boom seventh and ninth.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool. We got one more test to go. And by the way, I can tell how you all were in school, which is wild because your inner child is coming out where Lunchbox just won't shut up during a test and like needs the attention to divert from the fact that he's not getting his stuff done and doesn't even know it. No, but that's that's what you've been. No, what you've been you've been doing.
Speaker 7: You're like, oh, joke, joke.
Speaker 8: Can I hear you?
Speaker 7: I got the second place in the spelling me and I was diverting.
Speaker 4: I was still it's second place, still ninth grade, that's still solid, I hear you. But Amy, I can see her. She's just so nervous about it, all nervous about when she's taking it, before she takes it after it's over. And Eddie just like doesn't want to have been made fun of. He's just trying to quietly get through it and not be made fun of. And I would imagine this is how all of you guys were when your kids pretty much, which is pretty crazy to see.
Speaker 5: What were you doing just.
Speaker 4: Writing crap down? That was trying to get it over. No, wasn't going to disease that one. I was hating myself. I was like, I'm an idiot. Okay, we have one test left and we're gonna do it in just a second. What's our next test?
Speaker 6: Miss?
Speaker 10: This is your processing of letters? Okay, so it is going to be a bunch of letters. Some of them are backwards, thirty of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll come back. We'll do our final test.
Speaker 7: Whoa, so we got to go backwards. When we see you, you.
Speaker 4: Jump forward or backward, you turn around.
Speaker 10: You're going to circle the backwards letters. You have ninety seconds.
Speaker 4: Let's break. We'll come right back right last part of the test. So explain, miss Kelly. We're gonna look at these pages and some of the letters are forward, summer backward.
Speaker 10: Yes, this is testing your auditory processing.
Speaker 4: We don't look at the page when you give it to us, right, Okay, thank you. Mike D is administering how many letters are on this page? You're asking too many questions.
Speaker 7: No, No, I'm just saying, because if I have ninety seconds.
Speaker 10: I just want to know there's thirty wrong.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna have ninety seconds. Ray, Are you ready to start?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 15: I didn't look and I didn't see anything.
Speaker 5: So are we gonna flip this paper around and know exactly what to do?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 10: Or there is a grid with letters in it? You circle the ones that are backwards.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have ninety seconds. When she says start, we'll start.
Speaker 9: Go.
Speaker 15: Okay, where are you doing from?
Speaker 4: Oh? That's all right.
Speaker 7: No, I did that a couple of times.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm dying. Do I give it to you? Do? I? Can? I keep going?
Speaker 7: Okay? On see thirty?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, damn? Are you crying again?
Speaker 15: No, I'm just snifting.
Speaker 4: We don't know what I'm done. We care for you.
Speaker 7: I'll second done. Can I can? I?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 7: When I actually only circle to one? Do I say it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: I messed up?
Speaker 12: Put an X?
Speaker 4: Okay, time Ray?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 4: Time? Everybody turn him in a name, don't Mike, make sure they don't do letters.
Speaker 17: I'm not.
Speaker 15: I don't know why I was. At the beginning, I was looking for words.
Speaker 4: Complete words that were proper puzzle I was.
Speaker 15: I was searching for words, and I was like I don't see any words.
Speaker 4: You weren't. But is that like because you weren't listening. I don't know. No, I'm not saying that a bad way, like you weren't. You were so tight and nervous that maybe didn't even hear what she was.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and then I went back and I read the instructions on the top.
Speaker 7: Did you do that sometimes in school where the teacher would explain it and then you'd start taking a test and realize you weren't doing the test, right?
Speaker 15: I do that?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: That too.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, we're gonna break. We'll come back get the final result of this and find out and then Eddie, I think she has one other test for you, Oh the number one. Possibly, Yeah, we'll come back next here we'll see who the most exlectic is on the show.
Speaker 5: It's a weird one.
Speaker 4: Miss Kelly is here. She owns her own business. It's k C Tutoring. She started at seven years ag go. She has a bachelor's and a doctorate of education from SMU. And we've been taking spelling reading and this one was dyslexia screening because some of the letters are reversed right, and so we've been doing all hour taking basically aslexia test. Miss Kelly, I don't know what to do here because you have the pages. Do you want to give us any results here?
Speaker 10: So it's not really a pass or fail. It's a needs intervention or not or further test?
Speaker 4: Did anybody need intervention too? You get to chill You don't know that you gotta chill out on them. It's second, I know I nailed it, like I was done. Second, you were done version. We were at the top of the class.
Speaker 7: These guys are like, hey, they need extra test time?
Speaker 5: Great man? Cool?
Speaker 10: Can we go lunchbox? Did miss a few, but he did pass?
Speaker 4: What's his great? There's no great, there's no no intervention invention? What'd I tell you?
Speaker 7: Okay? Did I forget to circle a couple or what? Yes, I'm sorry, I was going with speed.
Speaker 10: Bobby's was perfect, no errors. That's so great?
Speaker 15: What's it like? Seriously?
Speaker 7: Who knew who the two that need intervention was?
Speaker 4: You have to let them get what they need further test. They're not letting them be themselves and letting them be vulnerable here because yes, it's it's great to find out what it is that's the benefit, Like you now know, well, we're about to find out where that is funny to him, like he's always gonna make fun of it as No.
Speaker 7: Because you guys were making fun of me when I was only in eighth grade of the first test. And guess what, Eddie, I just passed.
Speaker 4: You hold on, everybody, relaxs, okay, miss Kelly, go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 10: So it does show that Amy has signs of dyslexia, and it's not that she is not super intelligent, and she is actually more intelligent than someone without dyslexia because they she has learned to compensate and do very well with having an actual deficit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially people over there that are laughing. We all look at And also it's like taking it if you're take your car and it's like something something, it's just wrong, and they go, no, there's other with it. You're like, well, craft, that sucks. You kind of want to know what's wrong so that way, if it keeps acting up, you can fix it. So he congratulations, you have just see you.
Speaker 15: Yeah. I never really wanted to know, I guess I mean, do you know what I mean? No, I mean I want to know now, But I think there was always I think that's the emotion that came out early on was like there was always a fear there and.
Speaker 10: Well there's things that I can give you, things that you can use that. Well, you will see a.
Speaker 4: Difference, which is awesome.
Speaker 10: Okay, And Eddie, he needs intervention or further testing.
Speaker 7: Like you miss a lot?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 15: Is min an intervention of further testing? Or is it like okay, so where the city?
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's a light intervention. Eddie has get the TV show out here.
Speaker 5: No, she didn't say that.
Speaker 7: She said he missed a lot though.
Speaker 4: Who missed the most at me?
Speaker 10: But I believe it was because she didn't understand these.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure, she was looking for words in it for a while.
Speaker 10: That's why I said, you have to circle.
Speaker 4: She's finding words. He okay?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 4: And how severe? I don't even know how to ask the question in a proper way. How quickly do they need intervention? If they were a child, would you say you need to start right now?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 10: But the younger you start, the better. Public schools don't test until fourth grade. That's when I get a lot of my students, and by that time they're three and four years behind. I currently have several high schoolers that I'm literally teaching the different letters too.
Speaker 4: So here is the deal here, Eddie, you are an eighth grader that needs a intervention. Lunchbox you're an eighth grader. You need an intervention for something different for your heart. Amy, you're an eighth grader who needs intervention.
Speaker 5: Bones You've graduated, you're in college.
Speaker 4: I'm okay, I want to keep me out of this, but.
Speaker 7: I'd be farther along than Eddie because I obviously.
Speaker 5: Well it's not a comparison, but I just did he just no, no, no, no, He's just telling us where we stand well as now.
Speaker 10: Actually, Eddie has learned to compensate on the same level even though he has dyslexia as Lunchbox, who does not.
Speaker 4: Right, which which is Eddie Like, there's really great people who've had dyslexia who've had to learn other skills like they they've had to develop personal skills, they've had to develop ways, and that is what allowed them to succeed was their hyper development of other things. So Eddie has an Amy both have a bit of that.
Speaker 5: And basically she's saying, like, if I didn't have legs and Lunchbox did, we finished the race at the same time. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Finished last.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but we're not comparing. But what I like the way we try to sugarcoat it, be like, oh, but they've overcome, so we try to make them feel better, and that's good. I like the way you guys do. That's a good way. That's a good doctor.
Speaker 4: But if they have dyslexia and they're still the same as you, that is them overcoming a bit. You don't have dyslexia and you're the same as them.
Speaker 7: But I I did better than them on two of the tests, so I'm better than them. I would. I did better than Amy on two of the three tests. Two and three tests. I did better than Eddie, So they really aren't on my level.
Speaker 4: I'm Eddie.
Speaker 15: It's fine lunch, if you want to be.
Speaker 4: Eddie was in ninth grade. In the first one, you were eighth.
Speaker 7: So second one, I was in ninth and he was in seventh and I beat him. He needed an intervention. I didn't. So I beat him two out.
Speaker 4: Of three, so that means he wasn't a score test. It's a yes or no, right, but past fail he failed.
Speaker 7: I passed.
Speaker 5: I thought I got all the last tests right, you did? Yeah, I thought I circled count thirty they were thirty Oh there was thirty. Oh I didn't count thirty count. I just circled what I thought was right?
Speaker 18: Wrong?
Speaker 12: Is where?
Speaker 7: Never heard that part? Miss Kelly?
Speaker 4: Thank you? Obviously we had to be vault.
Speaker 15: So how do we test further?
Speaker 5: It's too late though, right, miss Kelly? Like, we're I'm forty four years old.
Speaker 4: Is there things that they can do?
Speaker 10: Are They had a twenty eight year old single mom come to me and she was on a kindergarten level and within six months we were on a third grade. So making progress?
Speaker 4: What can they do?
Speaker 15: They're like, I turned forty three next week or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, our time's coming, gone right?
Speaker 15: Or thirty four?
Speaker 10: No? Like on the math part, I have lots of tips.
Speaker 4: To give you, Eddie that I think we haven't even done that yet.
Speaker 15: Yeahculator, are we going to because it's going to be horrible.
Speaker 4: For who we should all do that? We can we get do the math and we'll just put it on the podcast.
Speaker 5: But but please, Lunchbox can't make fun of me on the.
Speaker 4: Math one, Well, he can get in it too. We mean, I can't make funny fun doing everybody and everything that's part of who he is, though, and I'll do the thing. I'm like Lunchbox Stop and I'm secret laughing inside.
Speaker 15: You can't take it personally, Eddie.
Speaker 5: But the math one to me is like Amy, Like I might cry on the math on even that's okay, we'll laugh, but I'll be like lunchbox Sto'll be a mean but secretly inside I'll be like, that's funny because Eddie wanted this to happen, but we all love each other.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Like my kids ask me for help with their math on Morgan, I'm like, I don't know, like I'm googling, like I'm chat jip.
Speaker 5: I have my kids one time with their homework and they gun now.
Speaker 7: One time with their math.
Speaker 10: Well it was probably process non answer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you. I'm proud of you guys. Thank you. Good job.
Speaker 5: Thanks man.
Speaker 4: Yes, Lunchbox a good job.
Speaker 7: I had no problem. I'll see in high school.
Speaker 4: Well right now, these guys, Miss Kelly, thank you very much. You guys go to knowledge charge dot com. Thank you with Kelly.
Speaker 2: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all, that's it for best Bits this weekend. Be sure to check out that part one. I bet you'll enjoy it. And if it's Sunday that you're listening to this, part three will definitely be up as well, which is listener Q and A. I hope you give it a chance. Maybe I haven't given it a chance in a while. Whatever it may be, I hope you can listen to it, and if not, I still hope you have an amazing weekend with your family, friends or some gooddle r in our time. I love y'all. You can come hang out with me on social media at web girl Morgan on All the Things and at the show at Bobby Bunch. See y'all next time.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms Bobby.
Speaker 17: Bob Show and follow at Webgirl Morgan
Speaker 2: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.