Speaker 1: For a game like Balder'sgate with over seventeen thousand possible endings? Are you recording all of those? The ending I got was destroying the nether brain?
Speaker 2: How did you get that ending? You don't play games?
Speaker 1: I just read this Kashha Tosh Show Up, Tosh Show, Cup Show. Hey there you are. It's me Daniel Tosh. Welcome to Tosh Show. Eddie. What up? I had a great weekend. My wife was out of town and you're probably like, well, you got to spread out in the bed.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I let my son join me. Then I don't have to do the whole thing fighting to put him down. I'm like, stay up as late as you want. I don't care. But on Friday I took him to Dave and Busters. Now that was a big deal. Neither one of us have ever been to Dave and Busters. The reason that I was interested in the first place was because they had a new commercial for Dave and Busters and they're doing like a human claw machine for kids where they get strapped in and you control them and then they pick up a toy. Well, apparently that's participating locations only because the one that we went to didn't fucking have it. It doesn't matter. Let me get let me start this. I first, you know, I don't ever do anything on my own. I call Pete. I say, Pete, I'm going to david Busters. Do I need a reservation. He's like, where are you going? I'm like, I like, noon's. I think you'll be okay. We walked through the door. There is no one in the place. And when I say no one, I mean no employees. There's no people. There's one of those computer screens like just like welcome. And he's like, buy a card to go start playing games. And I'm like, oh wow, this would have been embarrassing had I asked for reservations for the two of us. We get a card. I'm like, I don't know how many games we need. I put one hundred dollars in guess what way too much? Holy cat. We didn't even dent that card. We we sit down and we order food. I say, okay, we're gonna go play games. She said, well, I need a credit card if you're gonna walk around and I'll let you know when your food's ready. I said, okay. I gave the lady a credit cards. You know, oh wow, this credit cards heavy. I'm like, okay, I get it. A certain clientele doesn't normally come here. It's a metal credit card. Anyway, we're walking around playing games now. I keep my kid away from guns for the most part. I don't know. He doesn't play shooting games ever. But today I was like, ah, there's a Godzilla game. You know you're not shooting other people, there's just monsters. Yeah, you know VR headset. I'm like, put this on to be hysterical. He it blew his mind. He was just in a helicopter shooting Godzilla. Thought it was the greatest that you thought it was kind of scary, just loved it. My favorite game was one where the two of us just sit on this game and it's you don't do anything. It just shakes and moves and wind blows at you, and it's like, oh, it's just a ride. We played a lot of race car games, you know, where the whole where the whole thing moves. But my son's too short to reach the pedal, so I have to put my leg up on the gas pedal. That's fine, except for the whole thing is moving. So now I'm on one leg with my leg inside this game that's going up and down and back and forth. It's quite the core workout. I didn't enjoy that. Uh whatever. We played some games and then we order some food. The food is just awful. Oh man, you know. I had some nachos. They were I shouldn't say they were awful. It was fine. You know. I had a strawberry lemonade that was delightful. She's like, you're gonna have to stir it. I'm like, I know how to drink. I don't know if David Buster is a sponsor to this show, Lord knows they should. The overlap is unbelievable because I was walking around there once people started filling in toward the end of our session. Is that what you call it? Or lunch? People said? A couple people said hi to me. And then you know what I did. I took my card that had three hundred points still on it, and I gave it to a minority family that was walking in, and I said, here, you guys, go, here's our card. We didn't use all the points. Feel free. They're like, well, you know, you can keep and come back. I go, I'm never fucking coming back. This was it. This was a one and done. So anyway, we had a great time. You're probably why did I even go to David Busters. Okay, I need to do a little recon. Okay, I'm not much of a gamer. I just wanted to be sharp for today's guest. Enjoy Pasha, my guest today, has voiced some of the most iconic video game villains of all time. If you were a basement dwelling in cell, you have probably DMed her something horrible. She is an actor that slips into something a little more uncomfortable, so gamers have something to do as they suck down Mountain Dew. Get ready to level up and welcome Maggie.
Speaker 2: That was perfect.
Speaker 1: No notes you think I I'm won and done.
Speaker 2: You were a one take wonder.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, wow, Maggie. Do you believe in ghosts for the plot? Yeah, that's pretty good. You moved a ton growing up as a kid. Yes, so did.
Speaker 2: I talk to me about that?
Speaker 1: Twelve schools by time? I was damn you beat me twelve by twelve. That's all. By twelve.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Stopped twelve though. Once they got to seventh grade Madison Middle School, Titusville, Florida, that's when they're like, we're done. By the way, if you look up Madison Middle School on the school rankings. I'm curious to know if it's the one to ten like Zillo has that look that up for me. I'm curious if it's over a four.
Speaker 2: I don't think I even remember what middle school I went to, like the name of it. Am I broken? I think I have a memory problem. This is what this conversation is teaching me.
Speaker 1: You don't have a good memory.
Speaker 2: I don't think I do.
Speaker 1: How often did you move?
Speaker 2: I think I moved? I think five somewhere around there.
Speaker 1: Why did you have to move?
Speaker 2: My mom was a collegiate professor, so we went where she could get a job.
Speaker 1: Is she still working?
Speaker 2: Heavens?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, no, she went where she could get a job. And then realize that academia is just as political and competitive as acting at times, and was like, can't get so left?
Speaker 1: As a parent? Was she like education is so important?
Speaker 2: Yes, But here's where I get into here, because tell me, if this happened to you, you move more than me. But I have definitive gaps in my knowledge of history and like key moments of life because the school that I left would have covered that topic the next year and the school that I moved to covered it the year before, So then I was just left there being like, what is the Holocaust? Oh shit, you miss I missed the Holocaust.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, I know. I mean it was I rolled off.
Speaker 2: Everyone's talking about this thing.
Speaker 1: I have to I do not think it was a good one, right, it was just correct?
Speaker 2: Geez man, No, that's a pretty big one. James Madison middle School A three out of ten?
Speaker 1: My middle school? Three out of ten? That's how bad it was? Well Florida, right, yes.
Speaker 2: So what's the average for Florida's great? Because you might be above average?
Speaker 1: Do you think so?
Speaker 2: No, but you could.
Speaker 1: When did you get bit by the acting bug?
Speaker 2: I think it was a long time coming. I think I was bit and then it took a couple of years of incubation before the disease started to manifest in my body. So I started acting in high school. I was just like for fun, just to an extracurricular All my friends did it. Who cares like fuck about?
Speaker 1: But yeah?
Speaker 2: And then in college that's when I think I started to realize that this was serious and it was fun. Also, like the work itself, working on the craft of acting was very fun and very interesting, and I never knew what I wanted to do. I was pretty apathetic about a lot of things, and I was just floating through life. And then I realized that acting allowed me to take all of the different interests that I had and not just pick one, but do them all within this one umbrella. Or did you go to college Muhlenberg College, Muhlenberg.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you live in the area.
Speaker 2: It's in Pennsylvania. You know where it is. You've heard of.
Speaker 1: It allanown Bethlehem, isn't it in that world? Yes? Well it's my first of all, I was told this, but my manager, she's from Wilkesbury, which is right there. Do you miss the Lehigh Valley?
Speaker 2: No? And my allergies don't said either.
Speaker 1: Did you have bad allergies there?
Speaker 2: Oh heavens yes.
Speaker 1: My allergies in Florida were off the charts.
Speaker 2: Really well, you just sneezed two times before we started.
Speaker 1: Sweater. I get it. Why I have bad allergies period. Dust is a good one for me.
Speaker 2: Just as mine dust mites.
Speaker 1: All Right, after school, you moved back to the DC area got involved in local community theater. How quickly did you realize you fucked up and needed to move to London.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't move, so I moved back home after college. I didn't know that I wanted to do acting full time. I was kind of like actors are crazy. So then I went and got real jobs when I moved back home.
Speaker 1: What were your real jobs?
Speaker 2: Oh, I had a shlew one of the most fun. Probably I did aviation catering, and then I was promoted. So I was the person who went and met private jets on the tarmac at Dulles Airport in DC and would take their catering orders in person from the head flight attendant.
Speaker 1: Pete just always just gets as a bag of Chick fil A.
Speaker 2: Well that's because he's not a head flight attend cater.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't. He didn't get it. London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, that's the one you specialized in Shakespeare. Do you actually even like Shakespeare?
Speaker 2: I think yes. That was really convincing.
Speaker 1: Huh. I mean, I don't know. I panicked.
Speaker 2: I do like Shakespeare. But I think I chose to do a classical acting degree not because I'm like la Shakespeare, but because I was thinking, well, that's the hardest thing you could possibly do as an actor. So shouldn't I go train and do the hardest thing you could possibly do, and then everything else will be easy.
Speaker 1: It is the hardest thing. I have no idea I.
Speaker 2: Felt like it was at the time. It is quite hard because the language is so archaic and the worlds are heightened, and it's a lot of words. It's a lot of wording. So if you're not good at words, you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: It's not my world. I wouldn't have done it all right before we proceed I have to acknowledge for my listeners. I believe video games are stupid. Did you play video games as a child? No, I did like it as a child. I had a Nintendo.
Speaker 2: What did you play?
Speaker 1: Super Mario?
Speaker 2: Okay, Brothers we've heard of you know.
Speaker 1: I think I think I might have played that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think the only reason I enjoyed it was because my parents finally got fed up and put a TV in our bedroom, my brother and I room, because they didn't want to hear that horrible music, so we went. But I never got into like, you know, now, there's like these you know, Pete, these old people that just still game all night long. My brother in law on a headset all night long, to shooting people a headset.
Speaker 2: He's serious. I was never one of those people. I didn't grow up playing games. I'm just in them now. But I was definitely not cool. So that's not to say that I'm not one of the people.
Speaker 1: Do you ever play any of the games that you're in? Have you ever? No?
Speaker 2: I don't even have a console. I don't own a console. There's no physical way for me to play this PlayStation. I know this well. Actually that's a lie. You can play it on a variety of different consoles depending on what you have Xbox.
Speaker 1: I think I have this one old Miss pac Man machine. Why is it Miss pac Man? Why isn't it missus? If she's taking his name, is.
Speaker 2: That the law of pac Man? Are they together?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. It's miss pac Man, right, I believe it's a mess. They're not married, but with him? Then why is she taking she saddle herself.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's a different pac Man, Maybe she's his sister.
Speaker 1: Why isn't it packed woman?
Speaker 2: The patriarchy, absolutely correct, it's the patriarchy.
Speaker 1: By the way, Why do I love Miss pac Man but hate pac Man? Pac Man is older. Maybe the graphics are just a notch better on Miss pac Man. It doesn't matter, all right, get into it. How did you land? H Resident Evil? Was the big the big breaking point, right, the big break It's.
Speaker 2: A little bit of the Hollywood dream story, which is obnoxious to say that happened to me.
Speaker 1: Did you move to LA before?
Speaker 2: Just before? Get this? Let me paint the scene. I just graduated from a prestigious stupid drama school, got my fancy degree, then did their showcase, didn't get a single bite from an agent. Sick, And then I decided to move to LA and was figuring it out, living with five roommates, whatever it is. And then I just self submitted myself on something like LA casting one of those things, and then got the audition. This was a couple months after I moved to LA. Even so you had no struggle, no struggle, no struggle.
Speaker 1: Got here, landed a big gig, but you didn't even know it was a big gig.
Speaker 2: I did not know it was a big gig. And this is very common with video games even today, being firmly entrenched in the industry. Everything has a code name, everything's under NDA, so they don't want to give away any information. Every single thing about my audition process for Resident Evil was fake, fake character name, fake sides that I auditioned with.
Speaker 1: But you're such you're not a gamer. If you were a true gamer, do you think you could have broke those codes and figured out what it was, because I mean, you don't even think, like even the dialogue itself, like a real gamer be like, I know what this is.
Speaker 2: For, but all the dialogue was different. One of that dialogue was actual in game dialogue that it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't parallel to the character that you're playing.
Speaker 2: It was parallel. But she's a new character, she's a new ip. Moral of the story is I was a dumbass. I went in blind. I was like, oh cool this gig, and then got to the table read and wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, how many times did you have audition? Just a single twice? Okay?
Speaker 2: I had a callback and in the callback we did lots of improvy movement based stuff.
Speaker 1: Where they had to people were in there watching you during your callback. I don't remember one No.
Speaker 2: Four eighteen and maybe someone zoom mm hmm. Okay, definitely the cinematics director.
Speaker 1: What year is this?
Speaker 2: This is the year of our Lord twenty nineteen, pre shutdown, pre shutdown, I know. So we were working on this throughout the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Oh, you having to get like call that dumb COVID testing constantly.
Speaker 2: Yes, Ish, I was mostly doing ADR at that point, so I was just going into the booth.
Speaker 1: They released a trailer for your game.
Speaker 2: Well, Ethan Winters, there you are. The game's not even finished yet, game's not even finished.
Speaker 1: They release a trailer and just like that, your character becomes the it thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which was crazy. Also because I'm still under NDA, so I can't tell anybody that it's me and my character has gone viral on the internet.
Speaker 1: You really can't. Are they really gonna come after you? Haven't? We learned with like me too, that NDA's are all bullshit and you can break them.
Speaker 2: Well, keep in mind, this was my first scared. I was scared. Yeah, and they gave us the talk when we first showed up for the table read. They gave us the time. They say things that are hard, not fear of God. Yeah, so I was like, I'll never work again.
Speaker 1: I tell people immediately when people tell me, hey, I'm gonna tell you something and you got to keep I just say stop whenever this comes up, it's coming out.
Speaker 2: Note to self, don't tell you secrets.
Speaker 1: I mean, why are you telling me secrets, Maggie.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't yet and now I never.
Speaker 1: Will because you don't know this world at all. Are you just completely confused?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or did you think, oh, this is how Hollywood works. I landed a gig, I'm a video game character, and now I'm popular.
Speaker 2: Well, let's put this in perspective. Being famous for video games is not like being a broad pit. I'm not actually that famous. You either really care or you really don't care.
Speaker 1: Well, that's how I used to feel about like the real world as growing up. These kids were so I felt bad for him because they were so famous immediately, but yet they had no money. That's what it was, and that's a bad thing because you still have to You don't get the protection the privacy that you're afforded with money, and now you're.
Speaker 2: Just having to be a money You're just a vulnerable And you had some let's.
Speaker 1: Be fair, some probably not. I don't know. I want to say. The people that were attracted or know this world or stock in you could be some real creepers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I definitely had a lot of anxiety before the game came out. I did have a panic attack or two watching her go viral and still not being able to say any thing. You build up a lot of anticipation, and I think that's what made me more nervous, because I wasn't sure how fans are going to react to me. If that was going to be put onto me, then all of the fetishization of the character, which you know, she's gorgeous, absolutely go off. I think it helps too with video games, at least in this one. She doesn't look like me, so I have a degree of separation where I can be like, hell, yeah, she's a baddie, like say what you want.
Speaker 1: Like you. But what her characteristic or physical character is that she's extremely tall. Yeah, and you're tall. I'm tall, And did they know that? Of course they did. Is this one of these new Hollywood things where it's like, well, if we're going to have a talker, we.
Speaker 2: Have to do exactly the thing that we're looking for.
Speaker 1: That's acting required.
Speaker 2: Well videogames, yeah I'm tall, Well, you act like an asshole, And that's what it is, looking down at all the little people.
Speaker 1: You know, my favorite tall thing to do is to act like like everything is I got on the bump of my head I have to lean into.
Speaker 2: But that's real, it's not an act. Did you enjoy being tall when you were younger?
Speaker 1: People always say that I'm lying about this, but like I graduated high school and from like eighteen to twenty two, I kind of shot up. Is that normal? No? But that is when I shot up. I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that's I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Tall in high school. Like I was like a little bean pole. I lived in Florida, and I was embarrassed to wear shorts because my chicken leg. My legs were so bad, little chicken leg. And to this day, Pierre, still my friend, still calls me chicken legs to insult me. But he's French, so it's like I let him get away with it because he doesn't have a better sense of humor. Yeah, but it still stings.
Speaker 2: I was tall in high school, but I have a memory.
Speaker 1: Shot up right away?
Speaker 2: Girls shoot up quicker, but I know it was high school. It was freshman year of high school, ninth grade because eighth grade I moved and my best friend where I was before was taller than me. I moved away. I came back to visit her a year later. I was taller than her.
Speaker 1: How aggressive was the high school volleyball coach? Did jump?
Speaker 2: I also, okay, I had foot issues.
Speaker 1: You're turning me on.
Speaker 2: Hey, I had a lot of foot issues and I went through a whole thing, and I couldn't play sports. I think that's how I got into theater anyway. But I had a boot, got lots of extrays. They thought maybe I have an extra bone in my foot. I'm going to have to get surgery years later. I just have flat feet. Oh. I also went to the emergency room one time for stomach pain, and then it was just gas, we'll see you.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit of an overreactor there.
Speaker 2: No, well, the first time it was my parents overreacting.
Speaker 1: Was it me? What all goes into doing a video? It's not just voice, It's.
Speaker 2: Not just voice. Well, it can not just be voice. So every time I work on a game, it's a different story depending on what tech they're using.
Speaker 1: You sometimes physically have to act.
Speaker 2: I do sometimes physically have to act?
Speaker 1: Do you have to wear the dumb velcrow ball?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is it? Are they velcrow?
Speaker 2: I don't even know it's like a Spandex velk pro suit, and then they put sensors all over your body. When you're doing what's called performance capture, which is what I did for Lated Demetreskan Resonable Village. We're in a big, wide open space that has cameras all around us to capture all of our physical data we have. We're also doing facial capture, which is not always the case. So I have a big, heavy helmet with a camera that sits directly in front of my face, and then you know, if I'm doing a scene with you, I can't make eye contact with you because there's a camera right in my face.
Speaker 1: Do you interact with other actors?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can if you're doing a scene altogether.
Speaker 1: Tout gene and stuff like that, not so much.
Speaker 2: Touching because that could interfere with the data collection.
Speaker 1: Is there any sexy scenes in any of these games? There can be, yes, So like you are like doing all of that type of stuff too.
Speaker 2: I don't know because I've not done them, but I've seen some cut scenes of other people.
Speaker 1: You're a sex scene in a game? Now, I don't know what games have sex scenes, but I'm just guessing. Grand theft auto has to have some gotta have something, don't they. I don't know, you nerds play that stuff? Yes for sure, Yeah for sure, Sure, Okay, thank you. That's what I wanted to hear. How many days or weeks or months did you actually work for Let's just start with Resident Evil.
Speaker 2: I did performance capture for Resident Evil, which is when we're in that volume space and I'm doing the full body mechanics, face blah blah blah that I think I was there for a week because we were just doing the cut scenes in the game, which is essentially the scenes in a video game that play like a movie. So I worked on that for about a week and then we were going in for adr sessions every other month for two or three years. That's about how long we worked on the game. So it was a nice, steady paycheck.
Speaker 1: Can this be something that somebody specializes in, like, like, oh, I'm only interested in being a video game actor? Yes? Are there people that do that?
Speaker 2: Yes? There are, because you can do no cap in games. So the umbrella is all performance capture is motion capture, but not all motion capture is performance capture. There are people who can go into games and I've done this before as well, where the audio has already been recorded. So I'm essentially doing karaoke to an existing audio track, and I'm doing the mechanics of the character saying hey how are you, and it's my body going hey how are you? So I'm doing the physical movements to a line that already exists, an actor who's already done their job. It's so weird. So every time you step into video games, you're doing something different. You can just do vo, you could just do motion capture, just capturing your body.
Speaker 1: How long does this take? Is there somebody just a director depends going yes, there canvas? Or do you know what the list is going in?
Speaker 2: Actors know nothing. We're given the least amount of information. But it's just like going on to set for a movie. Quite honestly, there's really no difference in terms of the acting. What's unique about it is it's like the marriage between theater and on camera because you are acting in the round and so you're acting to fill an entire space, but you're also acting for your close up. You have a wide and you have a closeup happening simultaneously, and you have to act for both.
Speaker 1: So actually the actor if it's a video game and I'm controlling you, technically i'm the actor then, or I'm a director. Maybe I'm a director in that scenario.
Speaker 2: That is gets into one of the critical points about video games. We don't make residuals. That's why the pay is hearing. But we don't make residuals, which is because who is the performance? Who's the performer? I'm doing my motions. But if I pick up this coffee mug with my right hand and then they realize and post, shit, she's got to pick it up with her left. They can change that in post. The animators can change that.
Speaker 1: For a game like Balder'sgate with over seventeen thousand possible endings, are you recording all of those?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You serious? The ending I got was destroying the nether brain. Pretty satisfying, though.
Speaker 2: How did you get that ending? You don't play games.
Speaker 1: I just read this. Hey, do you actually think I have any idea? What the fuck that meant?
Speaker 2: No? What do you think it is? Please tell me what you think Balder's Gate is about.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm if I were to guess it's monsters, it's Apocalypta and they're shooting. I don't know is it What is it about?
Speaker 2: No, it's ungeons and dragons.
Speaker 1: It's nerdy shit, same thing, all right, Zombies, dungeons and dragons. It's all the same to me. You're so true. Okay, No, you didn't. You didn't record seventeen thousand.
Speaker 2: Different This is how long the game is. There are acts. My character comes in at the end of act two, but predominantly is in Act three. And the what is it called? The map that the developers had to keep track of all of the different threads and branches of the narrative line made me want to slit my throat.
Speaker 1: I read a Choose your Own Adventure book with my son and I just get furious because at the end of everyone that he chooses, he doesn't like the ending of it, and he's like crying, and I wanted to win. I'm like, Then I find out, after doing fifty versions of it, there was no winner, right.
Speaker 2: It's about the journey.
Speaker 1: Ough, that's the lasson. I can't. I can't teach him those things. I'm not smart enough. Is there an equivalent of the oscars for the video game performers?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: You won? Yes?
Speaker 2: That feels weird to just be like, yeah, I won. Yeah, awards, you get dressed up, you do.
Speaker 1: Do you dress like the character of the game or do you stress nice?
Speaker 2: No, I'm an actor.
Speaker 1: Do you dress nice?
Speaker 2: Character? I dress nice?
Speaker 1: How many people were in your category? And what was your category?
Speaker 2: The category was best Performance in a video Game.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, And then there's a slew of other video game awards that I won as well. And then there's also BAFTAs. The Baftis have a games Should there.
Speaker 1: Be one in in like just the traditional probably Emmys? Why it was? Is it more of a movie it would gaming? I mean, I I feel like most people played on their television. That's why I said Emmy's.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe we can pull the community at large. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't have you know, the worst thing in the world is is people that enjoy watching videos of people stream win games.
Speaker 2: I don't think that it's huge. I know that's how I watch games.
Speaker 1: You actually just watch somebody play, watch.
Speaker 2: Somebody play, or you can go on and be like Resident Evil cut scenes all and then you watch the game like it's a movie.
Speaker 1: So you don't make a lot of money.
Speaker 2: No, that's a big misconception too. I think you love.
Speaker 1: Good money, but you don't make you don't make oh my goodness money, or you don't even make good money. It's debatable.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's debatable. Good is debatable.
Speaker 1: But because people that watch this, this is where they go, you're so out of touch. They think I'm so out of touch because you know, I won't take a shit front your fifty grand.
Speaker 2: I would take a shit for fifty grand if.
Speaker 1: I had to go maybe, okay, all right, but I'm not going to do it on command. That seems I don't know if.
Speaker 2: I can pop.
Speaker 1: Yes, I shit, I have, I have some stomach.
Speaker 2: You're pooby boy.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 2: I'm not a poopy girl. I'm a constipated, girly lucky you. I know right, I'm just bloated and disgusting in here. It's all festering inside me and it won't come out.
Speaker 1: Can you eat right before you perform? Yes? Because I don't know that.
Speaker 2: That's not a poopy girl.
Speaker 1: I get it. No, I'm just saying it's like, if you're hungry, you can have something to eat me. If I have a show or something, I have to be like, oh, I'm for this interview. I don't eat breakfast, Okay.
Speaker 2: I had Taco Bell in the car.
Speaker 1: Just to that's delightful, boy me, Tacobo. I don't know if you're a sponsor, but you can be. Hey. I was a spokesperson to talk about many years ago.
Speaker 2: Tell me more.
Speaker 1: It was my first gig. What in la?
Speaker 2: Okay, I moved on choiceing a Taco Bell commercial? Was your first job?
Speaker 1: No, I was a spokesperson for I've replaced the Chiuahua, Yo Kioto Taco Bell. I was the next spokespan.
Speaker 2: So everyone hates you because we all missed the Chiuahua.
Speaker 1: In fairness, they don't even hate me. They don't even know that either. I came and went and no one knows. I shot six commercials. Two of them didn't even air anyway. I got free Taco Bell for life. Now I'm life here in theory. I put it in my car, in the contract. I put it in my contract that I got free Taco Bell for life, because I thought they were going to give me some gold card that I could shine at the drive through. Oh the red carpet right now, Okay, that didn't exist. What did exist was border Bucks. So they just did the math of if I ate Taco Bell every day for a year, I would need x amount of dollars a year. So every year I would get a box like ten thousand border Bucks in ones.
Speaker 2: In ones, yes, like a stripper.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, well they're ones, they're border Bucks, magnete.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know what border Bucks. Doesn't matter is what I'm writing. This is your story, and I'm just living in it to keep going.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just going to just finish it because I started it. Anyway, after a few years, they just stopped sending them. I didn't request him anymore. I didn't want to. But at the time I was so poor in La that I was using the border Bucks to buy things at Taco Bell wait for it, and I knew what to buid, like make it be twoh one. Then I would give them three border bucks and they would give me ninety nine cents in real currency back. And so that's how I started making a little extra change for parking meters, et cetera.
Speaker 2: That's very smart.
Speaker 1: That's where I was at.
Speaker 2: I admire your ingenuity, man, in the face of adversity.
Speaker 1: Those were the days, ah the struggle was fun. Residuals are the best part about show business. Yeah, you do a job, and then if the job is successful and it lives in other worlds forever, you're just constantly getting repaid for something you did a long time ago. Now, people in the quote real world think that's nonsense, because I will you should only get paid for when you work. But the reality is as an actor that thousands of times you work, you never get paid just for all the failure, the rejection, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And the studios continue to get paid off of your one performance. They're still making money off of your one scene or whatever. So why shouldn't you.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you don't preach the choir. I want residuals. You know, like when Netflix and those people, those streaming services came out, they knocked it off. They said no residual Yeah, they ruined it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's not my thing. I want to get paid forever exactly. I'm over the starving actor trope. We need to get rid of it. I'm not interested how soon until AI focs all of you very soon. That's why we're on strike.
Speaker 1: Is there a strike right now? I didn't even know there's another story is.
Speaker 2: Not many people do. But we are on strike for video games. We're currently renegotiating our contract and fighting for more legal protections, especially in regards to AI.
Speaker 1: And that's just to block them from using AI.
Speaker 2: I mean, AI is here. AI is already a tool. AI is a valuable tool, and if you continue to use it as just an accessory, then I think, hell, yeah do it. Games have been using al already for years and years. It's just about how can we protect keeping humans and games, keeping actors in games so that we can continue to create the best games that week can possibly create.
Speaker 1: Well, once they figure this out the pay, then Pete, I want to be in a video game, but I don't want to do it until they figure out the pay. Absolutely, I'm not taking a pay cut for these monsters. They make so much money.
Speaker 2: Video games are the most lucrative industry. Uh. I think it's TV, movies and music combined. Video games makes more money than all of them.
Speaker 1: But what about porn? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have that data.
Speaker 1: Porn, porns and in front, there's no there's no way. It just seems like it always is like, yeah, you know that we forgot about that the game itself made. Okay, they don't pay you a ton, but you go to these comic cons, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So voice actors and video game actors we use comic cons to essentially create our own residual structure after the game. If you're lucky enough to have a character or a game that is popular enough to take you to cons, that's your resigion.
Speaker 1: And they shop you from profiting off of that.
Speaker 2: Where it's a legally great area. So what we say is I'm selling my autograph. That's it. They don't own my autograph.
Speaker 1: That's about me, like the character.
Speaker 2: No, that'd be stupid.
Speaker 1: You wear it like tall shoes.
Speaker 2: I'm tall enough, I get it. But then do you get this or is it just because I'm a tall woman that people are like mm hmm, you'd be taller.
Speaker 1: No, everyone because they have met one or two people that's been on television before and they're all dwarves are When they see me, they go, oh my god, I think you were a lot tall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a child at a TJ Max go whoa and then run away?
Speaker 1: So that what's a TJ Max?
Speaker 2: Like, I'm sorry, are you too big time?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You don't know what a TJ Max is. You don't do your own shopping?
Speaker 1: No, I definitely don't do my own shop.
Speaker 2: Who got this sweater for you?
Speaker 1: Carrie? Okay, she's wonderful and she only charges me one hundred and fifty an hour. Only listen. I'm proudly Florida trash. Struggled for ten years, started doing well for ten years. In the last ten years, things have been good. I'm happy to be like, yeah, yeah, I don't remember that nonsense.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, What is the point of working so hard to make this money if then you don't capitalize on having money?
Speaker 1: Do you think this office space is close to their houses? If somebody were to get into this and they were to land a decent role, maybe not the starring role of a video game, what can they expect to be paid.
Speaker 2: Depends on what contract the game is under. It depends on the size of the role. Even projects where I have a pretty large role, maybe I can. If it's just voiceover, I can probably get all of their voiceover lines done in maybe a session or two, which means you're just getting your day rate. So the most you're making if you just do one session. I forget what the now, SAD day rate is scale day rate for video games. I think it's something like a thousand bucks, So you're just making a thousand bucks if you book one thousand Bok's a day thousand bucks for one session. But oftentimes they only need you for one session, so you're making a thousand bucks period.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I did got of war. I only needed one session to do my stuff. That's all I made.
Speaker 1: You can't do You got to drag it out.
Speaker 2: You're right, I'll go, I'll be worse.
Speaker 1: Do you try to do that sometimes?
Speaker 2: No, because you've got to be professional. Then they don't want you back.
Speaker 1: Could you be on cameo and just do audio messages in character and make a fortune. Yes, and I am Boom that's it. Boom. Cameo is great if you are you on cameo?
Speaker 2: No? No, Why do I feel like I'm being judge right now for being on k not at all?
Speaker 1: Oh? Now, I asked to be on Cameo and they would have let you. Well, here's the thing. I wanted it to be a million dollars my rate, and my joke was that eventually one person would do it, and that's all I want. You only need one that was my I was like, yes, put me on for one million dollars. They wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: But it's a racket, though. Can we break down prices because you know, you got to price yourself pretty high because cameo takes thirty percent. If they purchase a cameo off of device that is either an Apple or an Android, then Google or an Apple take thirty percent. I'm walking away with less than fifty.
Speaker 1: But you're making fifty percent about don't.
Speaker 2: Give me that you're gonna be like when you're still making I don't know you're still making?
Speaker 1: What about Jack and the right up a little bit just to nudget.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't want to price people out. It's a delicate balance.
Speaker 1: Are you doing your cameos daily? Are you? Is it?
Speaker 2: No? Not daily? It's not like a frequent I'm not making millions off a cameo. It's like once every now and again, I'll do it. And then I'm like, I have to put on makeup, kill me?
Speaker 1: Why not do them dirty?
Speaker 2: Well now I do. I'm lazy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why people get real close.
Speaker 2: And just there is my nostril.
Speaker 1: Weirdest request you've gotten from a fan.
Speaker 2: There are definitely some you know, like some requests that should have been on an OnlyFans account where I'm like, great, that's not what we're doing here, but fully support you doing that somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Okay, could you clean up on only fans?
Speaker 2: I could?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but will I No, No, that's fine. We were going to create an only fans account for this show for your chicken legs. No, well.
Speaker 2: Close, I think you could clean up.
Speaker 1: My idea for us doing it only fans was just like, like if at the end of our interview, I just asked one or two questions with my shirt off, and then we save that and that's exclusive content for the only fans. Okay, what's this obsession with people wanting you to step on them? And have you ever done it?
Speaker 2: These are the dark corners of the interwebs. And this is what Lady d went viral for. She's she's a looker. People like her. They like her so much that they want her to step on them.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm thinking about. I've been obsessed with this the p Diddy trial. Yeah, oh are you No? Oh, it's just so it's just horrible. But I'm just so blessed and I've never used the word blessed.
Speaker 2: It felt weird coming out of your mouth.
Speaker 1: It's not natural. But the one thing that I love is that I'm just so boring when it comes to what physically I would be into. Tend to have the kinks that some of these people have, and I'm not kink shaming, but thank god I don't have it.
Speaker 2: You're not going to get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, I'm into people in my house having sex for six days. What you couldn't come up with something that I would hate more?
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Just get out of my house.
Speaker 1: This is bonkers. Anyway. I hope he, you know, gets to tell his truth. Okay, another thing I've never said, have you ever witnessed a dick flattening?
Speaker 2: Have I witnessed it?
Speaker 1: Is that the question? They're laughing because they know I don't know what I'm talking about. I know what dick flattening is. That that's what her character in Resident Evil.
Speaker 2: Uh, she goes around flattening dicks. That's what she does.
Speaker 1: That is that what she is? Yes, really, these games are so stupid. That's so dumb. That's so kids are playing that. Yes, I just hope my kids don't get into video games because it's.
Speaker 2: Playing or being playing. And they don't play video games.
Speaker 1: Not yet. They're young. I don't. I don't want to learn. It's hard enough to screen television. Now I'm gonna screen games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are some really cute games out there. They don't have to be like crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't want. I don't want them to learn the buttons then I have to have.
Speaker 2: The buttons are really hard, right, I don't want to run into walls. I can't figure it out. People tell me, oh, is this button?
Speaker 1: I don't remember buttons all over the edge.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't get buttons. Everybody that comes on the show gets a gift for me. It's just like good. No, sometimes it's good and you know, And I've found out people have been keeping track of whose gifts like are probably the most valuable, which has made me laugh because some gifts are over yours are not valuable. A check. No, I know that you're not a real gamer, but I actually like playing games.
Speaker 2: Really because you have not given that indication throughout the games.
Speaker 1: Card games, Oh my god, that's what I like playing all right, but not done with card Dragonfish, Monopoly deal if you play Monopoly, Deal gig. It's so fun. It's such a good game.
Speaker 2: Did you bring that? Is that my gift? Are we playing cards? It's a card game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and deal and only takes about ten to fifteen minutes for a game, so unlike Monopoly.
Speaker 2: Excellent.
Speaker 1: So here's what I got you. Okay, I got you. This is a beautiful backgammon table. I love backcammon?
Speaker 2: Is it new? Did you buy this?
Speaker 1: Yes? It hasn't been opened. It hasn't been open. No.
Speaker 2: No, it's like you didn't just find that. You didn't walk around your house and know something without Christie, my manager, bought this one from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Right, I have a much nicer one.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I'm like, well, what am I gonna do? I don't need two backam gifting. That's all it's happening, basically. Okay, okay, So here's a nice backgammon table.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, how did you know? I'm secretly eighty years old?
Speaker 1: I old this game? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know you did. First of all, anytime I see an adult party game, I'm like, I'm fucking out. I don't want my games to be dirty. And I guess when I adult, I'm like, oh, I bet you there's some stuff in there. I don't care whatever that that's your game. Then I got you. What is this? This is Quarto. I love this game.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about this game.
Speaker 1: I'm gonnahow, I'm gonna play. I'll play you with it right now. Here, take your table off. My table.
Speaker 2: Was about this.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's just it's heavy.
Speaker 2: No, and then there's immediate laughter from the back, so that's a yes.
Speaker 1: Uh fine, okay, so Quarto, here's how you play this game.
Speaker 2: Are we playing this right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll play. I'll play you one. Okay. Here's the thing. Each piece has four characteristics. Okay, okay. This one's characteristic is tall, Okay, it's light colored wood compared to this one that's dark colored. It's square compared to this one that is as as circular, and this one is solid compared to this one that is hollow.
Speaker 2: Heard.
Speaker 1: So the game is simple. So you just have to get four in a row of the same characteristics. Okay. What makes fun? Yes, thank you. But what's fun is you hand your opponent their piece. So here we go. We're going to play around and I just give you a piece. You don't have to put much thought into it at the beginning. But once we get going, go ahead, you'll hand me a piece. Oh, I should learn how to play god.
Speaker 2: You just said the rules. So if I put this here, then the characteristic is that it's tall and square and solid and solid. I see, I'm not as nice as you.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, it is round though, okay.
Speaker 1: And that was fun quarto?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, short, I didn't see that it had the hollow two.
Speaker 1: Those two's too. I didn't hollow. By the way, if I don't see that and I didn't call quarto, then you could on your turn you could say quarto. But I already won. Like to lose. To lose in six plays is almost impossible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a happy day. What a lucky girl? Am I?
Speaker 1: Do you get recognized in public and do fans recognize your voice and then get all horned up?
Speaker 2: Well I can't speak for how horned up they get. That's a personal thing, sure, but yes, and yes I've been recognized. I think I've had one person that was like, oh my god, I heard you. I heard you talking and I thought it sounded like you. And then some woman, oh yeah, do women play video games?
Speaker 1: Heck? Yes, my mind is blown.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the twenty four century. Why are they women play video games?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Hey, don't they know that they slash always?
Speaker 1: They've always played.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just the patriarchy erase them from history. I don't know if that's why do they play the games? Why?
Speaker 1: I can't believe that because I thought they were like so much smarter than us.
Speaker 2: Well we are.
Speaker 1: Is the goal to play Princess Peach someday?
Speaker 2: No, my goal is to play the weirdest creatures ever. I'd like to be a slimy toad next. I don't know what that character is. I want to be the weirdest things.
Speaker 1: That would be Frogger, I believe. Ah, great game, good that I remember. Yep, Cross the road, then cross the river?
Speaker 2: Love it?
Speaker 1: Do you have your own booth at your house? Now? I do?
Speaker 2: Now it's just my closet.
Speaker 1: Whatever. It's still cool to go into your closet, I mean, is it?
Speaker 2: Because as you said it, it didn't sound cool.
Speaker 1: It didn't sound yet. Yeah, I don't know how nice your closet is.
Speaker 2: What if it's beautiful, it's a nice closet, but doesn't make it cool.
Speaker 1: When I was a young comedian, Anthony Clark, he was a very successful. His advice to me when I was like a young community goes, hey man, he goes, you just got to get famous and then everything is real easy and I'm gonna I'm not gonna lie to you. No. I was like, oh, I really did. He was onto something. Yeah, you gotta figure that out. It's a hard nut to crack.
Speaker 2: But but I didn't do this to be famous. I never wanted to be famous, did you.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Being famous is gross?
Speaker 1: No. No. My My only goal was like, I'm going to have like a job that doesn't make me want to vomit at night when I'm going to bed, knowing what I have to wake up and do the next day. Yeah, that was it. That was the only goal. Maggie, thank you for being on the show.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, thank you for having me, Pasha, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Thank Maggie for being on the show. And I can't wait to get home to dive right into Resident Evil eight or six or whatever one she's on. Do we have time for a Dear Toss show? That's a segment, Carl, as you may recall, where one of our subscribers seeks my advice. What do you got for me? Eddie?
Speaker 3: All right, Dear Tasha, you mentioned multiple times in the pod that you play Monopoly Deal, so I need you to have final ruling on an issue that comes up when I play with friends. Can you play a just say no card on a just say no example player one play slide deal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't need the example. Yes, that's a bit. A lot of people have Monopoly Deal questions that are legitimate. That was not one. Yes, you can always play. If somebody just say nos, your your move. You can just say no on top of it. Then they have to do it, and it doesn't count. Like if you were finished with your three turns and you put that and they put it just say no, you can put it, just say no down. It doesn't count as a fourth move. It just blocks theirs, and yes, they have to do it. That bothers me because that person we were just talking about Monopoly Deal with Maggie. It is a great game. Christy, my manager, she wants me to get the Inventor Monopoly Deal as a game, asked on the podcast, just so I can really get into a few of the gray areas. My father in law. When I play with him, it's maddening. Every time he goes, can I do that with this card? First of all, every card has the directions on them, like what this card does, Like you just have to read the card, you know, collect two hundred dollars from every player, pick one person. So that's maddening. You know. Joscelyn who was on the show Doctor Joscelyn, she was on this show. We got her to start playing it regularly and she goes, oh, you know, we're not loving it that much. And I'm like what. And then I found out that the rule that she was ignoring was that you each time you get up to three turns, but no more. And she was just going to an infinite amount of turns. And I'm like, that's not even a game. You were just what you guys are just going through cards at that point. Maddening. Anyway, all right, let's do some plugs. Carl, you still here, Carl, Come on, buddy, stay with me. We're doing a show over here. I've got the tosshowstore dot com, Eddie's Tour, my tour. Come check me out in the Midwest, Come check me out, NorCal, Come check me out. In Vegas. I think I'm gonna add a few more days. I might go up to Canada. I wanna go up to Vancouver. Free plug hit the music there you go finally, so I'm just classic rock and roll. This week's free plug is for race high school graduation party. Oh that's nice. Race is a fan of my comedy and invited me to attend his high school graduation party. All right, well you know I'm not gonna show up, but I'll give you a free plug. He went so far as to say that my unique humor has been a constant source of joy during his high school years. Well, isn't that nice? His party is June eighteenth, that's six pm. I'm sorry, Raised, I'm gonna be in Omaha that night doing a show Omaha, Nebraska. Make sure everybody comes out and sees me that night. But if you're in a wherever he is, where's Racelip racelives in Ohio, Loveland, Ohio, Head on over to his house. I guess yeah, he's got a high school graduation. Can graduation. Congraduations. Congraduations. That's kind of funny to do it that way. Congratulations on graduate in high school. That's a big accomplishment. I was the first person in my family to graduate high school. Wouldn't that be fun if you were in such a like a family like that where you got like such milestones, huge parties? Oh Man, June eighteenth, sixteen pm. The party is located in Loveland, Ohio. We're just giving out his home address. That seems that seems like I'm setting myself up for some type of lawsuit. We might have to bleep this out, guys. But listen, if you if you know Race, you'll know where his house is. I'm guessing. I'm guessing they'll be balloons or something out front. Loveland's twenty miles outside of Cincinnati, so you're you're right. You know what, if you're in Kentucky, you're down in Louisville, it's not gonna be hard to jump up in, you know, say hey to Race. I'm sure they got food, open bar, high school graduation. They probably don't have an open bar, Carl, Carl, you want to go to? Is there parking? What's the parking situation gonna They're not gonna have a valet? No, I'm not in Loveland, Ohio. It's I'm sure you can park in their neighbors driveway. Don't block it off completely, you know, do it tandem. Don't block the mailbox. Yeah, all right, Well, congratulations on your high school graduation. I hope everybody has a good time at the party, and you know, hope nobody uh drinks and drives or any of that stuff. See you next week.