Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It's me Joey p Joe Pi's APPEA with me of course is the Welsh, and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks here on our twitch Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That's the place to be Monday through Friday to watch us one day at a time. That's right, every single day. You're noon Eastern right here on the Twitch channel, and of course NFL content is here as well. We've got the Twitch live streams for NFL. We answer your questions. Football season around the corner. We'll be doing shows live here during football season two. Welsh myself, Scott Bogman Mondays out of Bounds and of course you can always watch on our YouTube channel as well, Fantasy Pros MLB. There's the Twitch schedule for you for NFL. Look at that bad Boy Boom Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. There is content for you, so go ahead go check that out and of course subscribe to the YouTube channel Fantasy Bros MLB because when you do, you can win a signed one Gunzala jersey. It's the twenty second of July. Not a lot of time left here to get in on this. So if you want this gem from Pristine Auchin dot com, signed by Wangan himself, drop your comments below like the stream, and of course subscribe to Fantasy Bros MLB Ring the Belt like those Ding twos. He never meets a piece of content on the channel, don't mes it all right, let's get after it Welsh, because the Dodgers are having some.
Speaker 2: Issues, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: So I know it really pains Welsh to you. This one thing Welsh doesn't like to hear. It's bad times for the Dodgers. So Shoeotani struck out three went four innings and he had a two run homer. So it's shit. It's like the League verse sho Heotani, it's pretty incredible. But bad news is Tannor Scott, who had been shaky over the last six weeks. Well, so this is like not a big surprise to me. At least he's gonna undergo an MRI today. He left the game with foe arms soreness. Now this typically he doesn't bode well. Kirby Yates is there. He ended up getting the final two outs last night he got the save. They've got like Trin in there. They've got a couple other guys like fineg Into, but Kirby Yates you would think would be at least the immediate pivot. So here's the question. We don't know the answer yet about the MRI, what the results are gonna be. We're just gonna assume it's not good. So do they start to dip into that prospect capital the freelands of the world, the Jose Way de Paula's of the world to fix this and go get a Joan Duran? Do they go cheap maybe reunite with a veteran, maybe a ken Lee Jansen. He doesn't even have to move. He could just drive a little bit further and go pitch in La and he's been there before and just like a veteran guy to kind of shore up the bullpen. Where do you think the Dodgers go from here? Potentially with if it's gonna happen, it's better happen now and not August twenty second, so at least you have some time here to figure things out. What are your thoughts on the closer situation for La which is now up for grabs.
Speaker 2: Well, it's definitely not going to be at the expense of Josuete La Paula, that's for sure. I kind of I thought it was hose Way yea oh sway. How everyone said it is Stephan Barbury's cousin if you did not know, I did not know Stephan Barbary's cousin, which is really cool.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: I think this is similar ish to the Philly situation, not saying that they wouldn't like trade capital because again, this is just a prospect rich team from the lowest levels having three of the better complex level guys like just all the way up. But they've also just got like a load of guys.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They've got Kirby Yates they brought in specifically, and he's got closing history, especially from last year. Vesia, who someone mentioned bringing up lake Trinen has closing history. So yes, they're losing players. Guys are kind of dropping left and right. If Tanner Scott were to be out for the season, maybe because you've already lost Copek, you lose him, that's less than ideal. But I don't think it's at the expense of somebody big. The biggest might be going and getting like a Ryan Helsley, But I still think it would be a much lower quality in the market. I think they're gonna stick in house. And I also don't think there's a great name. I would probably go with Kirby Yates at this time, but I do think Blake Trenton is a guy that is. I just think they're gonna just buff up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, Alexis Diaz, I completely forgot about that from Boozwell, Alexis Diaz is out there. I just don't think they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Have but you're gonna handle Like are you gonna hand this to Alexis Diaz?
Speaker 2: But but they're handing it to different people every single like night.
Speaker 1: That's well, yes, but like Yates is like Yates has been there, done that, a veteran guy like fe Yeah. True, I mean, but Diaz also had some you know, recent bad glitches on the res of so yeah.
Speaker 2: But also as one of the things, I mean, Dias put up like one or two like good seasons I think of saves. But they've also like been close in hand to him reworking the stuff, so they might find like a really good comfort level. More and more we talk it out, I really don't think that. I gotta be I'm not one hundred percent sure. Like where the Dodgers are in the market, who wants to trade with them? I don't think starting pitching is where they want to put any assets.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure the Blake Snell back that starting pitching's done. They are like they hardly got to hope that BET's Like if BET's Freeman and Ti Oscar don't start hitting, it doesn't matter, Like you have enough guys, they just have to just perform. Blake Snell has to just get back.
Speaker 2: It's probably a bat. It's probably a bat if they're going to go do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, months has a bullpen arm and I think it's just gonna be something less spectacular because this is what happens, you know, when we get to June July and you've started more starting pitchers than anybody else, as you've taxed the hell out of that bullpen, and for a team that has designs in October, it was a bad recipe. And we touched on this of the show before about how they you know, the most starters in baseball, you know, they were at fifteen that I was at seventeen. Like it's been crazy this year for them, the numbers they've gotten to. But you can't tax a bullpen to that extent and hope that everybody stays healthy all year and then pitches also well in October. So I think they will get another bullpen arm just because they're already down a couple now. I don't know if it's gonna be significant, though. I don't think it's gonna be a wrong.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are failing.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are failing, and I'm reaping on the Dens. You knows, not failing. Brandon Woodroff, how good has he been? How good are the Brewers? The Brewers are now twenty games over five hundred. Well, you just want to put that under my Milwaukee Brewers. I'm gonna call them my Milwaukee Brewers because I'm gonna make so much money. God, it's gonna be so good. That's a good seven hund I'm gonna make on them.
Speaker 2: Possibly, Woodroff did have a more a cramp though in that start.
Speaker 1: Well, is that why he came out the sixty five pitches?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said it is.
Speaker 1: I saw the sixty five pitches. I'm like, what the hell's wrong? Was it a cramp in his leg ors are yeah, like what's going on? Oh yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were freaking out because also like k props were there. But what they ended up saying Pat Murphy mentioned that there was a cramp and they just they didn't want to screw with any of it.
Speaker 1: They didn't.
Speaker 2: They didn't one small step and he goes back in to the purgatory of rehab starts and it's all over and lights off Joe Shadow, Joe comes back. Woodruff has been way too good. One six five r expected is in the twos right now. He has been getting a lot of He's like pitching to a lot of contact, but it's not like big quality contact. It is getting kind of hit hard, so you're gonna have to kind of monitor where that goes. But an under two hundred expected batting average he's forcing fastball has been pretty nasty. I will say. The more I kind of look at this, with how he's getting hit, he's living off the fastball, He's gonna regress a little bit, but like he's just such a good fantasy option. I mean, obviously you have a one era you're going to like regress, but it's.
Speaker 1: Going to one six five yr in the first three starts, but the strikeout to walkwash twenty three to zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's not walking guys, which is crazy. But I see him as like a you.
Speaker 1: Can live on the fastball if you locate that's the thing that well, of course, you can live off the fastball if you locate it, and it has movement.
Speaker 2: For only so long. For only so long though.
Speaker 1: Either Rivera lived off a cut fastball.
Speaker 2: Well and fifteen pitches. But I would say like he's like a low three e R eight guy, which is still incredible. Brewers are on a hot streak, and we were talking about this off air. Brewers have positioned themselves where they have got a they've got a solid bullpen right now. McGill was an All star, Abner Uribe could be a closer. They've got a little bit of depth in the miners. They've got their starters. Nester Cortez is about to come.
Speaker 1: Back, Warre is in that lineup. Get Suarez at third base in the middle of that order. That's a game changer for Milwaukee. Then you can compete with the big boys in the playoffs. Without that big bat, they can't as great as the pitching is as much as they're fun. And I'm gonna let me tell you, I got a couple of parlays for divisions winners. But the Brewers and the Red Sox need to do their job. If they do, Joey p is gonna be a rich man, just saying, very tiny bets, very rich man.
Speaker 2: We're gonna some champagne.
Speaker 1: Mind everybody too. Oh oh, I will let me tell you something. We will light the big cigar. We will light the big cigar. That's that's the thing, the comically cigar we will light here on the program. If that happening, it probably won't happen. The Red Sox won't do it. Although walk your Bueller keeps pitching. Well, don't forget everybody, subscribe with your Amazon Prime because when you do, you get rid of those nasty commercials. Okay, I see a lot of people already re subbing here. I see first time chatters too. I see Chris is here with us. So we love having new people and we love when you ask your question. So make me freeze. I believe that's how you say it. I'm going to keeper lead categories, and we want to keep two out of these four, who would you keep Bobby Witt, James Wood, Cameronaro, and Jay rod I'm leaning towards Witt and Wood. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Okay, so only keep two.
Speaker 1: That's tough.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's it is, and it's not because it is James Wood and Bobby Wit running away. But it's only tough because those other names are pretty cool too. But it's just it's not a discussion. It's Bobby Witt and James Wood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's had of kind of a down year this year? I assume this is a keeper categories. It's categories you gotta keeping.
Speaker 2: As much as it's like down, still go look at it. It's still like comically like it's down for Bobby Whitt. He has fourteen homers, twenty seven stolen bases. He's gonna like quietly have an underperforming thirty to fifty season. You know, Bobby WIT's ridiculous. So it's written. I know we all love Juju Kemenaro and like Jay Rodden stuff, but you know, glut of riches you have there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty good. If I want a petition to have a four team keep up for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hey, guys, I think we should up this too. It's just so low.
Speaker 1: By the way, Suarez is doing his work. You know that meme I did my job? I did Yeah, ud Suarez is doing his job. He is that gallon.
Speaker 2: No, No, I want to make that meme. No, it's my favorite show on the planet. I think you should leave. By the way, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta watch that show, dude, you tell me, I've never watched it.
Speaker 2: But he's Tim Robinson, for Tim Robinson speaks to me. And if you if you watch it, there's like a few it's like these little like five minute clips. Every ep they'll be like, let's say four, one really won't hit, one is okay, and then there's two just absolute just murders on them. You have to watch that show and that every meme is from that right now. But Suarez is on another level. Again, we were talking off air two just diamondbacks. They need to stop, you know, like they need to stop with the winning. Swars is the reason and this is going to be this is going to be a fascinating piece in this whole trade market where you know, can they extend him or will they trade him because the trade cost is so high. I want to throw this out because I mentioned this to Joe pre show. I looked it's not a one for one, so don't be like, well, well, but when you look at stat cast and you look at ballpark factors, I looked at ballpark factors for right handed hitters and just an interesting metric in all of this, take all the major teams that are in you know, kind of trade rumors, Brewers, Mariners, Yankees are in that. I threw the Mets in there just as a as a one off. Did you know all of those teams are bottom ten in the league ballpark factors for right handed hitters. Mariners worst in Baseball, Cubs third worst, Brewers fourth worst, Mets are eighth worst, and Yankees are tenth worst. These are the tenth worst right handed total ballpark factor for hitters. The caveat to this is when you just look at the home run ballpark factor, which, by the way, that's who Swarez is. He just he has a sixty percent, no doubt home run percentage, highest of his career, which means he's murder balling stuff. So the caveat here is if you look at just the home run factors, which are waited a little bit obviously like the Yankees with Aaron Judge is Yankees are fourth best in baseball, Brewers are eighth best in baseball, and Mets are also in the top ten. So if you want to see there could be a potential negative if he leaves Air because, by the way, the one thing I didn't mention an overall ballpark factor Diamondback's second best ballpark factor for right handed hitters, so the environment for them to hit is incredible from a home run perspective. Even though the Yankees and Brewers are a negative, they they're probably still a net positive on the home run side, but Mariners, Cubs, that might kind of take away some of the value. Just want to throw that out there if you're in the trade market for Swarz, because Joe, we had somebody yesterday who came on here and it's like who should have rest of the season, Swarz or Junior Camenaro. That's the level where Swarrez is in the market right now, and there are some potential trade destinations that might not be the best if he does end up getting moved because hole baby, he's crazy.
Speaker 1: Shout out to mcgerkin. They just rated the channel. Appreciate everybody joining us here. Subscribe here to our twitch again on twitch dot tv slash Fazy Pros for all things baseball and NFL. NFL content already ramping up here on the channel as well, and of course you can follow us too. Just hang out with us and talk some ball. Baby. Next on the headlines, Elie de la Cruz. He walked three times, I'm still his twenty six base Jose Ramirez twentieth homer of the season, and Kyle Stowers can't be stopped. Home run number twenty two for Kyle Stowers. My my Zach Wheeler, Cy Young investment too is looking pretty good. Ten strikeout, zero walk down. He didn't get a win, but Paul Skins did. Finally, it's his first win. Do you know when don't look at the sheet, when's the last win?
Speaker 2: I always say, excuse me, give me a date he has. He had four wins going into this. I'm gonna say, like May twelfth, Okay, not too far so, not.
Speaker 1: Too far out. So Paul Skeins congratulate Action News. Two months Ben Brown got recalled for the Cubs. Ironically, I assume like bullpen game today, so he's gonna be in that mix. Josh Young, who hadn't been hitting whut triplay he gets recalled by the Rangers. That's kind of interesting there. I wonder if he gets dealt in maybe some package deal somewhere. I could see that. Also, the Mets recalled Francisco Alvarez. He was slashing three thirty three, four thirty three, nine oh two with nine homers in fourteen games. So hey, if Valvaz on the waiver wire, pick up up, see what happens. He had a couple hits yesterday, rookie lookie, a lot of good rookie stuff yesterday. Let's get to the rookies. Bryce Matthews not one, but two homers for him is first in the major leagues. He drove in five runs. Nick Kurtz Player of the Week, not Rookie of the Week, player of the week of the American League last week, so good. Homer doubled, walked, and I got a home run call, right, My spite home run call worked yesterday. I'm so happy none of my bets hit oh for three. I missed every single one by one strikeout yet, Jered, do you.
Speaker 2: Remember, but Nick Kurtz, that's all I paired it down. I actually paired it down and hit because I did a show Hey Tawny three and I did Sanga five and that actually hit two things on both the players you just mentioned one. Nick Kurtz is now your odds on favorite rookie of the year into the minus money. I believe it is. It's minus like one sixty on DK versus plus money to Jacob Wilson, and sadly Cam Smith is around three to one. I need him because I got twenty five one on him. But Nick Kurtz is there. He's crazy, and I think there's a much bigger discussion from a dynasty perspective of his value. Think you could potentially look just a tiny little baby bit at redraft at similar to johanneos Worz and in the trade market. He has definitely thrived being at home. Not that he's not going to play at home the rest of the way, but just something on Nick Kurt's dynasty value, he's near the top. And Bryce Matthews, I just want to throw this out. He was kind of an analytics darling in the draft a couple of years ago. Right now it's like super small sample size because he hasn't been up long, but in his like sixteen at bats, he's got almost eighty percent hard hit rate of forty four percent barrel that's what he does, Like he barrels up the ball and hits it really hard, and he has a seventy seven hard hit rate, which is absolutely ridiculous. His average exit velocity is almost one oh three. Again, pay attention to Bryce Matthews. We talked about him on the show before. He hits the ball really hard, and if he can find some consistency bat path stuff, then you can see what's going to materialize. It's going to be hard hit stuff. And he is showing off and he just I mean, he just took Gallon deep yesterday too.
Speaker 1: I was looking to to see what FANDL has the Rookie of the year odds at right now too, because Nick Kurtz, Yeah, minus one fifty right now, so he's a head of Jacob Wilson's at two thirties.
Speaker 2: It's still very early. Anything can still happen. It had this is the last year and stuff like that. But Kurtz, he might start the separation. I mean again, I really personally hope like Cam.
Speaker 1: Smith seventeen home runs now or something like that.
Speaker 2: Like it was that was fifteen, but.
Speaker 1: I got it. Look Kurt's home run, somebody drop it in the chat off the road.
Speaker 2: No, it is nineteen nineteen homers two eighty one atague. Yeah, good lord. I didn't even notice this too outside of when you're looking at like his sliders and stuff. You know, high end barrel percentage, ridiculous, nineteen percent, fifty three percent hard hit rate. This I did not realize though, seventy seven point six on bat speed. It's one one of the highest in all of baseball. But he's not qualified. So if you go and look he's in an unqualified range, it looks like it's about top roughly five percent in the league. So he is swinging the bat really really fast, and with that type of ability to barrel, you're looking at a future you know, perenoral perennial thirty plus home run hitter.
Speaker 1: Sorry if I'm lower today, we're working on getting that. I got a new cord coming. They're hoping that fixes the issue. So apologies. Everyone does. The one and only time in my life that people said hywise, start yelling hey, Jack Caglio and seleged his fifth home run of the season. Not bad, third time in the last eight games. Don't look now, he might be turning things around. Drake Baldwin three for five with two doubles, Matt Shaw three run homer for him, brady House has been a house on fire. He's in three seventy three for four yesterday with an RBI and a steal, two homers, five RBI already and a stolen base in his last seven games. Really good for brady House. Haydenburg not as good. Walk four gave up five runs. That's no good. And Ethan Sallas, the uber prospect, by the way, doesn't look like he is going to be playing this year. He's got a stress fracture in his back, so he looks like he's gonna miss the entire size in Welsh. So that's bad news for the Dynasty.
Speaker 2: Committte I thought, well, he's really fun. I talked to him a month and a half ago, or it was like right around the injury. And it's I feel bad too, because he was optimistic. He's like, yeah, I'm gonna be down here for a couple months. Like he's a really really good kid, talented guy. Things have not clicked, I'll tell you what. Though, he's back in the AFL. He was there last year as one of the youngest participants. He and Leo Devrees. I have little to no question. If he is gonna have missed four months of the regular season, he is probably going to be an AFL candidate. So I will be able to track and see how he looks coming off the injury when we get into the offseason. Because reminder, don't ever leave us because we're always talking baseball AFL during October.
Speaker 1: That's right? Am I talking louder? Now? This is better? I don't know anyway, I made an adjustment on something else. Maybe that will help. Fun fact time. Everybody loves fun facts. Rich Hill's gonna start today, Welsh Rich Hill's forty five years old. Just for perspective, Jack kagleone was two years old when rich Hill made his big league debut back in two thousand and five for the Coupies. That's right. I also heard this which was super depressing. I saw a meme that said if Dazed and Confused were made now, it would be taking place in two thousand and eight. That would be the amount of years between present day and then going backwards from the time where Days and Confused was made, going backwards. Isn't that such a trip to that there's like two thousand and eight, Like how much is really different? Like just no COVID and I don't know, maybe a little less madness in the world, but not more.
Speaker 2: What's interesting about that too, is not only like life but also technology. Think of the technology changes that happened from like the eighties to the you know, nineties or whatever. But you go back to two thousand and eight, what's the technological like real big difference. I suppose you could say that there wasn't like a lot of social media in two thousand and eight. That's probably the only big difference from like, but physical technology. I don't think it's too crazy. That is actually that's very disturbing and rich Hill, you know, hot tip to him because he is like one of only literal handful of players that are older than me. So I'm all for it, and I actually got to I actually got to meet him about a month ago when he was out here rehabbing or not rehabbing, but starting up this process with the Royals. He was just sitting in the stands as he was ready to pitch the next day, watching the young guy, watching guys that could literally be his kids. He is the nicest guy on the planet. Forty five, go big, rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm rooting for him. Or tomorrow will come back. He'll be the you know what, let's put Richell at the top of the headlines tomorrow for better or worse. Let's let's give the old man his due. And you know what, it's funny because you know his favorite pitcher is rich Hill.
Speaker 3: This guy right here, he loved Richill. I remember watching Richill pitch for the Cubs. It's right, he was a starting pitcher then. That's when pitchers went seven innings and they liked it. It was a good time to go out there and pitch. They'd throw one hundred and fifteen and then sometimes one hundred and twenty pitches and they take the ball to fift day.
Speaker 1: That's all right, That's what used to happen back then. What I love.
Speaker 2: Rich Hill's the type of guy. If he was throwing in the nineteen twenties, everyone would tell us about like how he was, well, baby Brude hit a homer off a pitcher that was throwing one hundred and nine, Like they just make up stuff, like he'd be the most powerful pitcher of that time.
Speaker 3: Auta john To threw one hundred and seventy two miles an hour.
Speaker 2: All right, old timer, he.
Speaker 1: Had no tendons in any of his arms.
Speaker 2: None of them pitched twelve innings because everyone threw seventy two. That's why we could do it. I'm such an anti like I'm agis to baseball when we talk about the feats of nineteen thirty and nineteen forty and whatever, and it's just like, I'm good like I don't like, I'm good on these whole Like guys hit the ball five hundred and eighty five feet and they the the competition stunk. It's a bunch of coal miners that were going out there throwing fifty miles an hour to like two or three athletes. Let me break We.
Speaker 1: Worked at Ace Hardware in the offseason and we liked it. I sorry, I didn't even have my glasses onto that one. You didn't need it. Let's do I didn't need it. I didn't need it. Let's go three up and three down here, let's talk. Go Will Smith homer twice to help the Dodgers and a victory over the Twinkies. He had sal Perez two home runs of his own wonder if sal Perez gets dealt, like that's another that's a big leadership guy that he gets what he would make a big difference if he gets dealt. That would be interesting, Like I mean because if you think about it, you got Pascorentino, you got Caglio, you got Perez, you got like this kind of clog there between first base outfield DH. I don't know, like sal Perez, like the next two years of sal Perez really what you want? Like you're not winning right now and sal Perez like like that's a big leadership, clubhouse kind of guy, like he.
Speaker 2: Could help some teams to one of those things.
Speaker 1: No Astros, like the Astros getting Salparez would be good.
Speaker 2: I think it's a possibility. But you're also we're on the cusp of like this is a what first ballot Hall of Fame catcher that's like he has a chance to just be his whole career with this team, Like what are you really getting for South? Because I think Sal's going to be seen like a tiny bit more in like the DH front for the bat. I think we're at a point now in his career where you just you keep him around next year you probably do your farewell tour or something like that, like you keep him as a life, lifelong Royal.
Speaker 1: I don't know unless he wants to get out and win somewhere. I mean, I know they were pretty good last year or so.
Speaker 2: I think he has an't he Royals? Didn't they win under him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, he was there.
Speaker 2: He's fine.
Speaker 1: He was there. I'm almost positive he was there. Williadamus four for five with a homer. He's been hot recently, two doubles, two rebies on the day against the Braves, the Downs, David Festa four runs on five and a third. Shane bos eight runs, eight hits, four innings. What that against the White Sox, Shane Boz What the hell happened here? Welsh?
Speaker 2: I mean, all I think back to is someone that looked at my Dynasty ranks two months ago and like, why is Shane Boss so low? Literally from that moment that they picked on it, he has been tyrash. That was the wrong side of the bet on that for sure as well. Shane Bose got absolutely obliterated and he just has not. He just hasn't put any of that stuff together that you saw there early into the season and it's really really disappointing, almost a five era.
Speaker 1: But on the.
Speaker 2: Positive, expected is a full run lower. His k's are higher than last year. He's just giving up a lot more quality of contact right now unless a lot more general contact. Like his changeup is not doing much in his cutter, which he's throwing this year, isn't really an effective general contact.
Speaker 1: What general contact?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do that? How he met your mother? Thing where they whenever someone says that, like, you know, private something that.
Speaker 2: Was the old Uh? Yeah, what was a general soreness for Derek Rose back in the day, Yeah, general soortness reporting for injury.
Speaker 1: Bernie Singer was I yesterday seven runs, two and a third gross, terrible. Let's get to the injuries your now. Raza has progressed to hitting light soft toss. There was a slight update not hard soft toss, not hard toss, not hard hard toss, light soft toss.
Speaker 2: There was a quote though yesterday, and I don't think this is good at all, that he mentioned that the injury in his hand is in a spot that you can't typically do surgery for, and he kind of said it twice. I wish I would have pulled up the entire quote. Here, but he said that it just needs more time to heal. The quote took okay. Here it is he goes where the pain is in the hand. It's a little bit difficult to have surgery there. That's why I say I need a little bit of rest right now. It's an area where normally we don't get surgery in that area. But I think it is. It isn't something I'll have to keep dealing with. I hear that, and I don't feel like he's coming back, regardless of the stuff that you got that we're seeing, and always a soft or dry or wet or whatever the hell type of contact he's doing his hand. He's talking about continued rest. There's no surgery, and it just feels like it is going to linger. So I don't think any of those people that were out there trying to buy early shares are going to have a payoff here.
Speaker 1: He's taking the wet swings at the soft toss.
Speaker 2: Humid a hard, hard, humid swing. It's a dry swing. That's what they say about Arizona.
Speaker 1: Taking dry swings with the hard toss. It's all very very tawdry, very tawdry. Jeremy Panya, he's daying live at bats the next couple of days. Anthony Santander, I don't think the Blue Jays are gonna do anything except hope that Santia can come back healthy. But he's still a couple of weeks away from resuming hitting, So can the Blue Jays afford to wait that long?
Speaker 2: Welsh, I don't think so that you're in a heated, heated race. They have been tied in a lot of different markets, but it seems like what they're focused on because they've gotten some big windfalls like Addison Barger or any Clement. Those have been a couple of guys that have really helped this team. They got to get pitching, and I think that was what their main focus. I think they've talked on the Mitch Keller side. I don't know if they talk for the Diamondbacks on Mural or anybody like that, but I think they need pitching and I think they need to be as aggressive as possible. If you were trying to win, you have four of the five teams in your division, not only vuying for the division, but all of the wild card spots, so you don't have time to sit on your laurels.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: I am shocked that less than ten days away from the trade deadline, one of those teams in the Ale East has not just gone in, just pull the trigger. You've got to be the first. It's like an auction draft. Sometimes the first person to get in the market is going to get the better costs than anybody else, and everybody else is chasing that initial cost. I'm one of these teams. Need to do it. The Rays aren't gonna do it. If it's we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Get trades this week, yeah, we have a couple this week. It's not gonna it's not gonna be like a I don't think it's to be a hot deadline. I think it's gonna be one of the things where it's it's gonna be a quiet deadline. People are gonna start. One deal's gonna happen, and then the rest will gar fall. Lucero, Stash, Bieber or Arraghetty on the injury list. I'm gonna take Aragedy Welsh, how about you?
Speaker 2: I will take I mean, Ragedy's probably a little bit safer, but I like Bebes Bi Beebes is getting to get his rehab starts in. He's probably as close as Raghedty, so I'll go with the Bebes.
Speaker 1: Gabriel Moreno a couple weeks away from baseball activities. Starling Marte should return later this week. Natia Valdi uh looking to return Wednesday against the Athletics. Louis Heel is gonna make another rehab start for Tripa le A. Remember the Yankees were like, Yeah, why'n't you make another rehab start because this Slitler guy was pretty good recently. That's a don't rush, Louis.
Speaker 2: They need Schlitler to get out there, have one more good start today so they can trade them to the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, if he gets bombed, that's gonna be bad. It's gonna be bad for business. Shane Bieber is gonna make his rehab start on actually today, Tuesday. Shane McClanahan, let's talk about it, Welsh. Hmmm. In fact, we're gonna talk about it. We might have to go dark. We might have to. Shane McClanahan pitch bullpen session on Monday comes on the heels of a terrible rehab start on Friday, where he experienced diminished velocity and got just two outs at Triple A. Just two outs. Shane McClanahan. I hate to break it to you, my friend, but perhaps Ace Hardware is calling your name and a new profession. I heard falls coming. It's fertilizer season and they need extra hands around the Ace Hardware or the home depot or wherever you find your fertilizer and rakes and whatnot. But Shane McClanahan pitching again in twenty twenty five Welsh seems like it's not gonna happen, at least not from the perspective of dark Joe.
Speaker 2: Don't do you not do the laugh? We've both shown out our evil laughs. You have the facial expressions.
Speaker 1: So you were the snark Knight the other day, which is snark Knight.
Speaker 2: Was one of the best things we've done is a vote who which evil laugh? Is it Joe's or mine? You've shown out yours. I think people are a lot more accustomed to it, but we should have some voting on the best evil laugh. Also, like what are they vying for? Like it's it's a bad spot that mcclanahan's in. The dude, he's not pitching this the diminished velo as I think the biggest concern it's gonna be one of those things where they're gonna be like, hey, let's have your rest, and then all of a sudden, it's gonna be September and we're not talking about Shane McClanahan. I am very comfortable moving on from Seane McClanahan, if really in any league format at this point, Like if you can I l him, you should definitely do it. But I'm very comfortable with moving on.
Speaker 1: Goodbye. He's not pitching this year. Once again, doom and gloom. I'm sorry. I hate to be the grim Reaper, but I'm just realistic with these things. To Tommy John's a nerve problem, all the specialists, all the things like, it's just not happening, and it's not like it's not happened next year. And here's the one that this might even be worse. Okay, Grayson Rodriguez is undergoing imaging this week to determine whether or not he's dealing with any structural damage on his elbow. Now, now we're going to do that, like, what what did I miss something? What have we been doing for the last seven months?
Speaker 2: What would you say you do here? What what are we talking about? What would you say my attention yesterday?
Speaker 1: So what you're saying, Grayson, if I'm getting this correct, is that your elbow is in pain? Is that? Is that hearing?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: For great? Your elbows in pain? Oh okay, you know what, Let's revisit this in six months and then maybe we'll do an MRI. I mean, come on, what are we doing here? We're just imaging.
Speaker 2: I'm too tired of being alone.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of being very claustrophobic. I don't care for the MRI machine. I don't care. It's very it's very tight. I don't like it's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I want to pitch you all over over. I'm doing the whole happy.
Speaker 1: This is infuriating. If I was a Baltimore Raven fan and I'm Raven Baltimore Oriole fan, you can tell him in all I'd be so pissed off. I'd be so angry right now that this is like now we're doing imaging as if like are we doing extra imaging? Was there imaging before? Like? Could we be a little bit more proactive with this news? But look, Grayson Rodriguez, I'm gonna make up here. You go already bullet prediction. You won't see him next year either throw a pitch in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: There goes away say it, wait, repeat that.
Speaker 1: Grayson Rodriguez will not throw a pitch in twenty twenty six for the Baltimore Orioles.
Speaker 2: Oh the next year included.
Speaker 1: That's right, next year. I'm saying that this imaging, whatever it is, they're gonna find something, They're gonna decide something, and you won't see him throw a pitch next year, which is gonna suck because all those people that were fed that line of well, well maybe we're gonna see how it goes. We're gonna rehab and people got him blatant drafts and stuff, or you know, keeper Leagu's dynasty league. He's gonna have two years where he's not pitching, and two years of not pitching means your career is in.
Speaker 2: Jeffery, I mean, that's a bold.
Speaker 1: When's last time somebody missed two seasons, two full seasons and came back and was great.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess then you're alluding to like that he's this is gonna lead to Tommy John. I'm not. I think this is just.
Speaker 1: I'm alluding it's gonna learn to surgery. I don't know if it's Tommy John or the brace or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not all surgeries are gonna lead to like twelve months. Like he could have surgery right now, he could take six months off and still be golden for the following season. I'm gonna I'm gonna disagree with that, but I think it is.
Speaker 1: What two years basically did. He basically missed two years. Yeah, but I think the groam also did so much prior in his career.
Speaker 2: He also but he also came back and then he like reinjured it and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, I was gonna say. I'm saying, like two full seasons of missing base, two full seasons, because that's what it's gonna be. It's not good is he didn't throw a pitch this year and next year is no good. You know what is good? Hopefully better than yesterday. The best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. All the run lines you can handle today. Hopefully this works out better. Give me the Texas Arrangers run line with Jacob de Grom the afore mentioned against the Athletics minus one and a half at minus one eleven. Give me the Houston Astros deep in the heart of Texas. That's where we lived today for Amber Valdez on the mountain against Welsh's Arizona Diamondbacks, and Eduardo Rodriguez was giving up a lot of runs in the last few starts, plus one twenty eight on the run line minus one and a half and then the Dodger run line of finally snapping the losing ways yesterday. Give me Yamamoto against the Twins, Twins having all sorts of problems. Sime In Woods Richardson taking the start today, I'm pretty sure that the Dodgers can beat up on him. So minus roe six on the Dodgers. So Texas, Houston, Dodger run line day on Tuesday. Welsh, what do you have for the people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the Dodgers run line yesterday was the only thing I ca I mean I did. I did talk about the Paar down strikeout parlay, which I played and did hit. But yeah, Diamondbacks reverse loss. Senga got pulled after his five strikeouts, So not a great betting day. We're gonna jump in today and we're gonna take Seattle on the first five money line. It's a little juicy, so maybe you can look around and get a tiny bit better odds there's not. There was a bunch of stuff I was like absolutely in love with on this card today, But I'm always in love with Logan Gilbert. So if I can get Logan Gilbert at solid numbers, Miserrowski, this is this is a tough matchup. It's a low run total as well. But you know, Missierowski, we've seen some of that susceptibility, the walks getting hit a tiny bit. I think the Manners can actually get to him, and Logan Gilbert I think holds down the Brewers. So I like that first five money line. I am gonna coach back to the well on Tampa for the run line. Today they got obliterated by the White Sox. We're not gonna make it too. We're gonna just make it the one you got. Ji rass Music has been their best pitcher against Davis Martin, who's got a close to four ERA Rays bounce back. They're heavy in that division taking the run line. It is minus money, and in honor of our boy Rich Hill forty five years old, we're gonna go with the Cubs and the Royals. No run first inning, and they expect runs here everybody because that is even money. I'm gonna say they haven't seen Reven seen Rich Hill and in a Fortnite in ages for anybody.
Speaker 1: In baseball, we're back to back to that way of talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Well, rich Hill is on the mountain. So that's why I'm Matthew Boyd two point three era. He's gonna hold down the Royals. But I also think that rich Hill, in that short stint very early on, is gonna give the Cubs some fits. So I actually like this no run first inning. So I'm gonna take the Cubs and the Royals on the fortnite.
Speaker 1: All right, make sure you bet five bucks over a FanDuel turn it into two point fifty when that first bet hits only a fantasypros dot Com slash leading off for new customers, a fan duel again, fantasypros dot Com slash leading off. And don't forget to download the Betting Pros app. Bets Smarter, not Harder. Use that promo code leading off to get seven three days of the greatest betting tools, the premium tools. It doesn't last a fortnight, half a fortnite. You get these tools four so again, download the Betting Pros app today, it's the best in the business. Let's take a look at the home run board. See what's happening there. Ooh, George goes ahead of whips of forty one. Positive grouch at forty it's getting real dicey at the top. I did get a home run yesterday. I don't know how many I'm up to you, but thirty is the new level, so get into thirty. I want to know that Sammy Sosa jersey for Pristine Auction Autographed is the big prize for the winner this year. And Welsh I'm going with my home run call for one Soto today. I'm just going with the gut instincts here. Got on the board, feeling good about it. So a lot of discussions about happy Gilmore too. In the chat we'll address that you like it, I make your home run call and then we'll get to the happy Gilmore too.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm just dying. Yes, okay, so for a home run call real quick. Christian Walker EDWARDO. Rodriguez loves to give up Homer's Christian Walker is back with his old team. He was salty yesterday about how they interviewed him and they said, hey, you didn't some of the Diamondbacks, and he's like, they never offered me anything, never any official offer, So he was salty. He loves hitting in Arizona. He's going to hit a bomb against at Erdo Rodriguez. I did not realize, Joe, when I did my Happy Gilmore bit here, I wasn't even tying it to Happy Gilmore two, which is out on Friday. I looked over after we got through that segment and the whole chat is just no thing. But it's the the.
Speaker 1: Am I gonna watch it? Yes? Do? I think it's gonna be probably like the Coming to America sequel that ended up on Netflix and it was just kind of not great. Yes, probably, which is disappointing, Like you can't, I mean, Happy to Gilmore such a huge movie, like we're not gonna have in the movie theater. It's gonna be like a direct on TV thing. I don't know, it's gonna be like I hate everything it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be great. It's gonna be just a fest of his friends. Like I said this before, like I don't need to see Shaquille O'Neill as like a police officer in grown Ups, Like I don't need that. I don't need uh Dan Patrick in every movie with a mustache being some snarky waiter. And it's just gonna be nothing. But like your MJF wrestler guy is his son, Travis Kelcey is going to be. It's just it's gonna be a cameo fest that revisits the fun jokes of the last movie. It'll just be nostalgic. We'll have fun. I don't know if there'll be anything we walk away with that movie that has lines like this, like the Mesta Mesta Lady, the now you just pull landscape and duty you know you're in my world now there?
Speaker 1: You know? Todd is right. It's just nostalgia on top.
Speaker 2: Of nostalgia, like tappy nostalgia.
Speaker 1: And I want to watch nostalgia. I want I just want to watch happy Gilmore then. But I still think Billy Madison is my favorite of these Sailor comedies and always will be. I watched that Billy Madison is so stupid and so great, like it's just it's ridiculous, And I remember going to the movie theater and enjoying the hell out of that movie and just like as a teenager, going this is hilarious. This is so stupid. It's great. I love this, but I don't know. We'll see I will watch The Happy Gilmore too. It's gonna be like the most Fantastic Four.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the most streamed movie in like years. And then never, I'll never watch that the thing. It'll never watch it again. And yes, I'm also going to see Fantastic Four on Thursday, so it's important.
Speaker 1: Thoughts of movie reviews incoming here. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, kids later.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB