Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, hi all look cute as a new style? I like this? Is it two shirts?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Just one? Oh it's so cute. Thanks, I don't think it's so new. You don't think so.
Speaker 3: I'm not like it's like she's got a T shirt on the hesitation is that I didn't invent it. It's it's been I'm like, I like, I done it, I pieced it together.
Speaker 2: But this is just one. I think it's cute.
Speaker 1: It's so cute.
Speaker 3: Jeans too structured. Pant means I have business to do today? Do we have anything done? Just a little lunch? Gemini season is upon us, so listen.
Speaker 2: I think we just need to get right into it.
Speaker 3: Uh. Kristen has something she wants to talk about and she's pulled to me, and it's really pissed me off, actually for just you know, because I always say, save it for the podcast, save it for the podcast, you know, And so the other day she was like, I'm saving it for the podcast. I was like, oh, doesn't want your genuine reactions. I want your like, I want your unfiltered And and this is we've talked about this a lot on our group chat. People wouldn't know this part, but we want to share our authentic experiences. But it is tricky because we're living a life where maybe some of these people also listen to the podcast. So I'm hesitant because I don't want to throw anyone under the bus. But it is a story, it is factual. It happened to me, and it's the truth, and I think this is this is the piece where it gets tricky because we have I have spoken about things. It has then been made public to the people and listen. I chose to speak about it sure knowing that it very well might go back to that person, and I have to be okay with that either a conversation with that person, like you too, Catherine, She's like, well, my mom called me the other day, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's like we have to be okay with sharing.
Speaker 3: But it's too hard to go thirty thousand feet above is so it's like you have to come down and then you have to be okay with it this person if it gets to the person, because these salutes that just listen to pick us apart, well, then find the person to then send it to the person you know, and it's like, okay, yes, I said that. So I have to either a own it and be have the conversation or be fine with maybe a relationship not like with okay, with a relationship falling apart. But I've actually had positive conversations from when that's happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I think we're usually pretty avoid your mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she shaid something again old and I pushed her to voicemail. I was like, wait to handle it.
Speaker 4: She said something again the other day that didn't have but it made me know that she heard.
Speaker 1: Off that and I was like, oh, okay, we're just going to keep avoiding. No I did. I avoided, but.
Speaker 3: It's your truth, and so you either going to spark a conversation or listen to your mom. So it's not like she's going to disown you, right all.
Speaker 4: The other things. I feel like we're usually pretty like, hey, this is what happened, this is how I felt.
Speaker 1: This is and I think that that's all fair.
Speaker 4: Whether we're ready to have that conversation like I wasn't, or we you know, I still think it's okay to talk about it and say that this is how I felt. Knowing that there's always another side to a story. There's always feelings on the other side, you know, all those things. I don't think we're doing anything bad, but it is hard to like even our social thing.
Speaker 1: For today, I was like, ooh, it was.
Speaker 4: A little like a little obvious to that person, probably who I was referencing. But I was like, but that's okay because I've talked to her about it. She knows that's how I.
Speaker 2: Feel, same at this situation. So I think it's okay.
Speaker 4: So, but I need to know does Janna not know for real or does she know she doesn't know? Okay, so this is like a real one. We saved it for I even.
Speaker 3: Called her the other day because something happened where Okay, so I had my oblasion.
Speaker 2: We're going to get to it. Yeah, I always tell this this mine can easily be a little whine about it too. Okay, Well it dat it's a good trans No.
Speaker 3: So I had So I had my official So I had two test blockers, and then I had my official ablasion on Monday, where they put the needle in your back and then they burn off the specific nerves they think are causing you pain. The funniest piece about this was I've now done the two test blockers, which I've been nervous in them and asked a million questions like will I be able to like what happens if you hit the wrong nerve? Will I then lose all like movement in my legs? And like can I be pairs? All valid questions. I was say, very this is not you being it's your back you so that's right, and that you're close to the spine, like what if it's like hits the spinal cord and then them paralyzed, like I mean all the things of like run and I'm a Googler, so a google. So I go to the appointment and they had said that you like they usually give like a light sedation like a x annex because it's only it takes like twenty minutes, so there's no real point to like go down for like yes, they just want you to not move and most people aren't as anxious. Sure that can just lay there because you're pretty much numby, feel a little bit of the pain.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: So nurse comes in and she gives me a x ANEX. About two minutes later, she comes in with the second XANX and she goes, here's a second one, and I go.
Speaker 2: To doctor Todd tell you to didn't tell you to give me a second xanex. She goes he did.
Speaker 3: I was like okay, I was like, well can I take I was like, I don't like taking things, and I've already taken one, but.
Speaker 2: I only feel the one. So she's like, take THEA.
Speaker 3: So I took two, right, which is a lot for me, Like I'm used to taking a half of a half like, so like, oh yeah, this is good math. This is also a lot for any human too. Xanax right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like most normal people that take XANX take like one.
Speaker 3: It's like they usually it's like anywhere from a Like I'm I'm used to point two five, Like that is what I took. Like if I'm on an airplane and I'm having me, that is what I have with me in my little safety net of a xanax right bottle, But I don't take.
Speaker 2: I just keep refilling and I don't years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the one that I have expired in February of twenty five, like and I just still have them a little baggy like so I actually carry it for the same reason, just to I haven't taken it in years, but I know it's there. Yes, it's a nice little it's like my you know, my my water bottle, like it's my companion emotional support Zana. Yeah, just to know it's there. I'm never going to take it unless I really need it. So anyways, last time I took it was actually on my wedding, oh, because I couldn't sleep. Oh yeah, I had just had to sleep. Like that was finally. Anyways, Okay, so I take the Tuesday anexas it is Lion's birthday and you so I get I come home. I am like, thank goodness Alan drove because obviously I had to have a driver. I am falling over in the parking lot. Like, procedure goes great, everything is awesome, and I'm like doctor Todd, I'm so relaxed, like this is good news.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So and then it really hit me once the procedure was over, because again it's so short, and so I'm like falling over in the car, fall asleep, and I don't even remember did we talk Kramer? I wish, I said, I am one percent repeating this whole story on the podcast. And because you were drugged, I and I told you that I was going to I still get to because I told you it was going to So she calls me, she's like, hey, so calm because I was like, hey, I'm trying to figure this out. Well, well, she was trying to figure out her lion's birthday and I don't want to say no. And I didn't tell her about the oblasion because I'm like, you know, it's her daughter's second birthday, and like, yeah, I'm gonna try to make it. If I can't, I don't know how I'm gonna feel sure. And this isn't even a big thing. It was just cake and singing, and then I was doing it before we had to head to Legends baseball game. I was like, it's going to be so quick and tiny.
Speaker 2: Do I even do it? Is it worth it? So she calls me, don't remember? Oh we were?
Speaker 3: It was Eastern Jana Oha is.
Speaker 2: Our favorite Janna.
Speaker 3: For those of you that don't know, Eastern Jana is a character that was invented at Easter when Jenna had her boobs done and she came waltzing in a vallium to Easter brunch and we were like, jan Hello, She put her sunglasses on, she curled up in a tiny little ball snug is a bug on a lawn chair in the hot sun, and she just.
Speaker 1: Kids, ran around, ran around the pool. She's like, it's all good.
Speaker 2: Hunting. I was like, that's what they're doing, honey, good job. So she calls me.
Speaker 3: An Eastern Jana Moe and she goes, I mean, and I don't know that the Ablasian happens. I'm just like, what am I dealing with here? Like I know she's not drinking, Like, what is that in mid afternoon at best, real slow, real calm? And she said, well, I just you know, and I I had the Ablasian.
Speaker 2: I haven't. Can I share the meeting that you had? What meeting? A very important point? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So she goes, I have a Netflix meeting today at four And I said, Janna, what's going on? Oh the Ablasian. They gave me two xanax. I just woke up from my exanax. And I'm like, are you sure you're awake? And she goes, well, you know, the Netflix calls at four and I go, yeah, that's in fifteen minutes. Like I'm starting to get nervous, and she doesn't. She doesn't caffeine. So I'm like, how are we going to get this chick out of it? Like I feel like I'm watching like a really bad after school special, Like you're going to lose the gig. And I couldn't cancel it because we had canceled on her because of our flight.
Speaker 4: And I've wondered when you said yes to this in the first place. I was like, oh, this thing must not be a big deal at all, which obviously like, but who knew you were going to have Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Oh no, like so Eastern Jamma.
Speaker 3: So then she goes, yeah, I had an as i e bowl, fell asleep eating that, so that's all.
Speaker 2: Over the comforter.
Speaker 1: She was over my stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, the funny thing is is I thought you were going to come home and go straight straight to sleep.
Speaker 1: I was like, she's napping. I will not bother her, right, I did sleep immediately.
Speaker 5: Because she started.
Speaker 1: You started answering emails.
Speaker 4: They were not bad, but I was just like, she sleep and you get emailing, and then I saw the picture of the assa you bon and then finally you were like, okay, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Say with a bowl on top of me? When then the worst over? Yeah? Yeah, man, super fun times. So she said, I want to know what happened? Will you tell me? And I said, nope, saving it for the podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh BF, that's not fair, but that's okay. And I'm like, we what are we doing right now? Twenty wait?
Speaker 1: But did you make it? You made it to lions though, right.
Speaker 3: Well, so here's the thing. So she's like, friend, do not worry about it. And the problem is is the cake was at six thirty, Roman's bedtime at six thirty.
Speaker 2: I moved it.
Speaker 3: It wasn't it was going to be four o'clock in and out a herd out because we had a baseball game, but I had the Netflix meeting at four too, so I will definitely couldn't have done that time. But she's like, we changed six thirty, and I'm like, oh shit. I was like, Roman goes to bed at six thirty and we were having dinner and I said it to Alan. I said, hey, so you know, it's Lion's birthday today and they're having this cake thing at six thirty and it's going to be in and out real fast. He's like, oh, he's got a bedtime and I was like, I know now, and I was like, yeah, it's it's too much like we had said he made a date twenty five minutes there and back, you know what I mean. So I was like, it's fine, and then I said after dinner, I go, no, we're going, Like I was like she always.
Speaker 2: I was like, you showed up.
Speaker 3: To Roman's first birthday with like kids in the car panicked as ever, I was like the right thing to do. I was like, I will regret not going. And I was totally like you don't. Like there's no pressure, I know, but it was like in me going like my friends would do this for me, and I need to show up how they show up for me. Well, Preston was impressed. He was like, it's bedtime, and I said, it's best friendship. It's this whole nother territory I know. I was like, I need to show up because I don't. I haven't showed up in the past. Because I'm like, oh nope, it's bedtime. At six started, I'm like I have to start bending where I haven't bended before for people that bend all the freaking time.
Speaker 2: For me, Cramer, this is all moments making me emotional.
Speaker 3: And so I texted her because I was like, what's your address again? Because I didn't want to zoom up or no, no, no, no, it's time for that, but I know it, but like, you know, no please so uh and then I just said ETA six thirty two, six thirty one, actually six thirty one, and then she sent me like a little crying emoji because it's Romans really Lion's only friend, kind of like she doesn't she just plays the big kids.
Speaker 2: But then I hope that's not going to be upset.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I like I saw it and I was like, oh, this is funny.
Speaker 2: Do you think too? Yeah, we just did neighbors in Romans. It was great. It was tiny but funny. I want and I wanted to do something on the side to be like, hey, just by this, you know it's really small. And I was like, no, I don't know. You're not doing that. No, that's what I said to you. I was like, do I do it? And I was like nope.
Speaker 3: Also, I have hosted so much. That's a life update. I hosted the one the most one could host all of last week and I did post about it.
Speaker 2: And wine Downers were like, oh that you did it. I'm like, I did it.
Speaker 3: Well. The funny thing was, is the person that she wants to talk about, which we'll go into our segrament wine about it is the girl that was at the birthday party? And what funny is I trying to get sweaty as I even clopped who this person might be, and I said, is it this person?
Speaker 2: Because I felt a little something?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 3: She said me no, okay, yeah, I said not at all and she said yes, and I go, oh, I can't wait. I was like, why don't you can? I go, can you tee me up? And she goes, no, no, I can't. I do think this situation probably happens to a lot of people, but the most I've heard about it is in laws doing this to people grandparents most likely, I should say a lot of grandparents do this where they kind of like, so I will speed date us through it. But Ryan's birthday turning to I'm like, I don't want to party. I don't want to make this a big deal. I love the slowness of days and just it being just our family, so I don't need any extra.
Speaker 2: I don't ever feel that I do.
Speaker 3: Love like this baby, specifically because she was one that was prayed for for two years and just you know, like there's these people that like. She kind of is a different kind of kid too, So she kind of gravitates towards her people, and there's just certain people she loves a lot, which is sweet to me. So I'm thought, this is cute. She's gonna have all these little people around. Fine, Okay, I want to preface by saying, I understand I'm a details person. Details and intention matter excessively to me, from the way I style to the way I speak. So I know that this I could be considered high maintenance in this situation. I did talk to therapist Amy about this yesterday. Okay, not about movie and high maintenance.
Speaker 2: Never. Okay, where's Easter, Janna? Okay, So.
Speaker 3: There's a carousel, a new handcrafted carousel that has been opened up in Franklin. Yes, it's a factory beautiful, Yeah, stunning, handcrafted over thirty years. And when I tell you, you can the attention to detail on this thing. It is gorgeous, beautiful. We were going to go check it out this coming weekend.
Speaker 2: You should do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like gorgeous. So I told the family, my family, Preston and the kids. I said, let's go on Lion's birthday. She loves animals. It'll be she's never ridden the carousel before. This is going to be like perfect, and she'll be in her little tool dress that love or on her second birthday and we'll just have the you know, we'll just have the Core five and maybe Saint Christine like with us, and we'll just go do that and we'll do a pretty bakery and just make.
Speaker 2: It sweet and easy. Okay.
Speaker 3: So then fast forward. Another friend of ours has a Gemini as well. So she's like, Hey, we're going to meet at the factory in Franklin on Sunday and we're going to do the carousel and ice cream. And I said, perfect, we'll be there, another important family one we will always show up for. So we go and on the way there, I was like, we're not doing the carousel today, or at least lions, not for sure, Like the big kids have already done like Disney World whatever, not yourself, but I really want to save this one. I want to be with her her first time. I think it's cute, right, I'm just trying to She loves animals, so sweet, little memory and special, and we've done the zoo, so we could have done the zoo, but she's done that a million times.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So we get to this location and she sees it through the windows and she's kind of like, oh, but there's so many other things. There's a million kids in pretty dresses, and there's milkshakes, and everyone's doing cartwheels in the grass in between, and so it's like very easy to keep.
Speaker 2: A two year old abbay right. It was like, she can even go look at it. I just don't. Just not the ride today.
Speaker 3: Okay. So there's another family that comes up that we love and do a lot of life with, and they are wonderful people and very loving and not malicious. I want to make it that, like very clear. These are not people that are like shisty. So I say, yeah, we're going to come do that tomorrow. I say it very clearly to them, We're going to do that tomorrow. She's wearing the tool dress. It's going to be precious.
Speaker 2: I'm just for me.
Speaker 3: And it was interesting because even producer wrote to my story of lying on the carousel on the birthday and was like, this makes me want to cry, and I was like, because it's emotional to watch somebody see something for the first time ever. It's just why motherhood is so miraculous.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So this is lion Eve and it's somebody else's birthday party. I'm like, that's also seems like kind of like discounted if I take her, you know. So, I'm like, we're all aware. I you know, I hear this other mom say to Lion, I know you want to go over there, but your mom is saving it tomorrow. It's going to be special. And I'm like, yep, it's going to be special. It's going to be great. Right, we're in and out. This is ice cream and we're up, so I take Love and their oldest daughter. They have to go potty, so I take them in. Takes about ten minutes. We're making our way through this little store. We come back out and I see Legend. He's drinking his little milkshake with a friend. And I look over at Preston and I was like, where's Lyon? And the dad says, m M, don't say it. She's on the carousel with the other mom. And I said, no, no, she's not. Like I was so sure, you guys so sure? I said, no, she's not. He goes, no, I don't think she knew, And I said no, she knew, she didn't.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: She knew, she said, I heard her say it. This isn't like a lot of times in my life. My character flaw is that I have these expectations or things mean a lot to me that are so minuscule, but I don't say them out loud. So my greatest work right now is just making sure I mention when something is important to me so that I don't get sad when someone hijects it or we don't do it or whatever.
Speaker 2: I said it. She heard it, she repeated it.
Speaker 3: So I'm standing there and I I could probably cry again right now. Guys, I'm like, you, ah, still emotional. I know this is so dumb to some people, but I'm like, this baby is my last first.
Speaker 2: Time with everything.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: And some people will be like it's just a carousel, but it's so much more than just a caress. Yeah, that's why I feel dumb for even saying it, and like I had this, like I felt the way I'm feeling right now. And then I texted Preston because I didn't want to make a scene, and I said, I want to go home. I said, she knew, and the husband's running tight, pr free. He's like, no, she didn't know, and I was like, no, she knew. And then, you know, she came over to me afterwards and was like, and I didn't cry. I didn't, but my demeanor changed. I'm such a heart on the sleeve, like you can tell, she said. She said, I'm really sorry. I just you know, she asked me three times.
Speaker 2: She's too.
Speaker 3: She asked me three times, and I just couldn't say no. And I'm like, and I couldn't say it was okay because it wasn't okay, and that'd be lying.
Speaker 2: So I didn't say it was okay.
Speaker 3: I said, well, it happened, and I said and it just hard for me because that's my tomorrow, you know. And then the comment was made. I don't know how accurate this was because I was in my like you guys, my emotions were like swirling. I hold on to this last baby. I've treated every one of them like they're the last baby, because they're I'm just never guaranteed, right, but like this one specifically is so animated and so like intriguing to me, whether it's just my age with her or whatever. And she goes, well, you know, I think she would have been nervous the first time. That's the good news, because she was really nervous the first time. But then she said and I was like, and she's like, oh, I go how many times? And she's like where, you know, like like a few And I'm like, what is happening right now?
Speaker 2: Like I felt, did you say that?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, you guys you know me, like I can hold it together until I can't hold it together.
Speaker 2: I would also add, I.
Speaker 3: Would also add in this ecosystem of what's happening, And I should have put this at the beginning. There's another mom at this party that my husband has history with and so, and she's fine and lovely and that was a long time ago, but like that's also in my orbit at this time, and I don't feel any certain way about it. We've seen each other a million times. She's never acknowledged the history with him.
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 3: I haven't acknowledged history with her. We've run into each other, like she's in the same group. You guys are big fans of her, so she's she's there, I'll you know whatever. And I made a joke I even meet she was at your birthday party, So I made a joke and I was like, hey, guys, good to see you. And her husband's like, try to introduce some sself and I was like, oh, you don't recognize me.
Speaker 2: I was best actress. It's hard some people.
Speaker 3: You know, like we made I was like, very funny and nice. So but that is swirling in my body somewhere too that I'm just like here we go, you know, and I'm feeling super bloated. This has been a hormonal, weird time, so I'm just not really feeling the greatest everywhere. And then I have this little emotional like ambush of now Lyon's first time. So, so how does it end? I just it doesn't end. I just said, I mean, I couldn't say it was okay. She apologized again. I could tell she felt bad, but there was that was it. And then we ended up all getting lunched together in that same area and that was not So. I brought it to Amy yesterday because I'm like, am I ridiculous that this still The problem I'm having a little too right now is like my hormones are a little bit crazy. I'm very estrogen dominant, so there's some like I want to make sure I'm being in my right mind, and I'm not blowing something up that and I didn't. I'm not making it try to be bigger than it is, to minimize your feelings around it, because I feel like that's kind of what that. I get why you're trying to cross check it. Yes, reference, yeah, but also it is important to and here are the reasons why it was.
Speaker 2: Whether it's ridiculous, yeah, it doesn't. People fight.
Speaker 3: It's not about the lamp. They're not fighting over a lamp shade, right, They're fighting over the Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it doesn't matter what that situation was or if anyone agrees or disagrees.
Speaker 1: It's you.
Speaker 4: It's your child, it's your choice, so it doesn't matter at the end of the day. What are your thoughts, Catherine, Well, so y'all didn't talk about it after this, Well.
Speaker 3: I couldn't say anything other than I said. She was like, you know, she just kept saying, she was like, I'm so sorry. Yeah, And I think they operate very differently than us. They I you know, just in the times we've spent with them, they're a family that just they they are always doing all the things, and you know, and so we our family has boundaries about like around buying things, and we don't always get everything. We don't need to go every time we go somewhere, we don't need to get a prize like just for the delayed gratification of like life, because this is a crazy age.
Speaker 2: So but I and I would say that this.
Speaker 3: I felt really conflicted even sharing it because this person is so nice.
Speaker 2: She's just a nice person. But I also was like, gosh, I know this is going to resonate.
Speaker 3: With people because I've heard, like I've heard grandma's taking kids to get first.
Speaker 1: Right that it's definitely a grandmother thing today, Yeah, it feels very like something might yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: But even then it would have been with someone that's a grandma. Like I'm just I felt so I feel I still feel sad. I took her on Monday, we went back, it was pouring rain.
Speaker 1: And she came to her this person still came to her party.
Speaker 2: Yeah it already.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't make a huge scene, right, I couldn't tell her it was okay, I didn't. I just said, well, I said, well it happened, yeah, And I said, and that was going to be my tomorrow with her, And that's.
Speaker 2: All I can say.
Speaker 4: I mean, I hate that that happened to you, and I think your feelings are all very very very valid, and it's also kind of an unfortunate situation because I don't know because it's happened. Also really what she can do at this point, because it took it away from you no matter what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I mean it just like it kind of is because I'm trying to think, like if I were to accidentally do that to somebody, you know, what could you or not accidentally if I did that to somebody, you know, maybe thinking in my head it wasn't that big, it wasn't as big of a deal, and then realizing it was, I mean, what can you do besides apologize? Is really all that she can do? But also so maybe really acknowledging your feelings like maybe you know, like oh my, you know, I don't know. I just feel like if I was in that position and I had been the one who had done it, I would have to just like fall over profusely like I know, there's nothing I can do. I took this away from you, and I just could not be more sorry. You know, I don't know, because now it's just kind of feels cozier. Yeah, I mean I think that's all you can do is just fall on the sword and go, oh my God, like I took this from you and I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I if I if it was a miss, Like, that's the part that it's hard for me. If I hadn't said that it meant something like. That's where I just kept going, like, I am I graciously assume about people to detriment for myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where I think it's.
Speaker 3: People need to honor parents requests around things because it is important to them, Like, for example, I don't want my kids having X, Y and Z. Please honor the fact that I don't want my kids to be playing rollblocks when that is something important to me I don't want. And so if the parent's like, oh sorry, but but I voiced it, I said, And it's different than them not knowing, right. So, for example, we had something where Jace had a friend come over and I texted the mom because other moms are different around this area. With swimming, I said, can this can your boy swim? And she's like, yes, but not well. And I don't allow them to swim unless unless I'm present, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Totally get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll make sure the pool thing is closed. But any other parent would be like, well I was there and not be like oh sorry, like they really wanted to go in, because they did they asked, like when I was like, no, buddy, sorry, like your mommy has to be here and you know so and she said she said no. Like bottom line, it's honoring the parents' request because easily I can be like, oh, yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Really they begged me, they wanted to go in.
Speaker 3: But no, that parent does not want there's child doing that, and we have to honor what the parent wants because it's important to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's it. I'm like, I don't It wouldn't matter.
Speaker 3: Whether it was a carousel or swimming in a pool or you know, do not mean going.
Speaker 2: To care it? I don't care. Well, just let me have it.
Speaker 4: I know another like very not similar but kind of similar thing happened to us with and it wasn't intentional, but my feelings still were there. So that's another side of it. Like Emmy had found out she was out of town. When she found out what team she made, they were going to do a reveal for her. But I had told the mom's what team, but we knew. I I think everyone knew we were doing reveals. But and her daughter told my daughter what team she made before her reveal. Now that was a big deal to me because I wanted her to have her moment her balloon where she pops her balloon, finds out whatever.
Speaker 1: Did she do it intentionally? No, she did not tell her to.
Speaker 4: I wish she would have thought about it and told her daughter, hey, don't say anything yet because she's going to have a reveal.
Speaker 1: But she didn't.
Speaker 4: But my feelings were still there and it wasn't even intentional. So I think it's important for you to know that, like those feelings of disappointment and something you missed out on for you your daughter are still valid, whether it's intentional not intentional. They're sorry, not sorry, like it's just such.
Speaker 3: A nice person like I this is not a person that I think would have done that on this is right in my experiences with her, she is not the person that's and it's probably she just was like so.
Speaker 4: She doesn't want you to and okay, okay, let's go, Like she doesn't want to say no to the two year old. I mean, I see that, but your feelings are still there around it, and it's just all very fair.
Speaker 2: They are there. The feelings are still really there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's my girl, and you know now kind of this mom's m O with it, and whether or not you want to continue strong friendship with her is your choice because your feelings are valid in it. We had and let's all go in a curse.
Speaker 5: I'll ride.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun.
Speaker 3: Fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna take I'm gonna pin. The other thing.
Speaker 3: I there's a second part of this where I can see the pattern of behavior, and I'm usually the one creating the magic. So that was the thing that was the tears I had with Amy yesterday. I said, I'm always the one trying to create the magic, and I feel like I keep missing now, like that's the stuff that matters most to me, you know. So my if I was watching, you know, I was watching from my I'm coming out of my exaics, you know, blur. This person just felt like they wanted to be the star of the show. Is the reaction kind of what I felt from this person. That's what you thought, That's what I felt. Okay, See, I don't get the vibe honestly of that, but I did.
Speaker 2: I went.
Speaker 3: You guys, when I tell you, this is why I didn't. I was afraid to even bring it up. But I know, just in the grandparent area, that people have felt these kinds of things before. I've just never felt that because I don't have grandparents really available and people that would do that. So I just I tried to think of it that way too. I was like, Gosh, it matter to her that she was the one, But I don't, really, I don't know. I don't think so. I just think it doesn't. I don't know that I carry a certain amount of weight with things that I don't know that that weight probably again.
Speaker 4: I don't think it does that it might not have mattered to other people as much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Summer is the season of love, Summer loveing, Here we come. If you're old enough to remember Summer Loven, you're old enough to find and I do Part two. Listen each week as our hosts make it their goal to find you the next true love of your life. Jenny Garth, Jana Kramer, Alexia Napola, Cheryl Burke, Jen Fessler, Kelly Ben Simone, Amy Robock, and TJ holmes are dedicated to helping you fall in love again. It's time to make it hot, hot hot this summer.
Speaker 3: Listen to I Do Part two on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Glenn Powell's ex GG Paris breaks her silence on the Sydney Sweeney romance rumors after their public split. She says, I hope they're in love. She goes, I just wanted respect, especially if it's going to be public. She continued, like, don't make an ass out of me, Like, just don't make a fool out of someone you've been with for over three years, talking about forever with. Just have some decency, you know. At the end of the day. It was like, well, work comes first, and if that's the case, power to you. That's your priority. I gotta walk away. What sucked was how it was handled. I felt like I was just fed to the dogs. It was serving them for their it was serving them for their pr Later on it turned out that it was all I don't know if there was a relationship there or not, but then it came out to say it was all a pr a scheme at the expense of our relationship, like it was just crazy just to sell a movie or not.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 3: And I honestly hope they'd end up together because I was like, well, at least it would have made it worth it for me. She goes, I hope they're in love or whatnot? Do you guys think that? So are they still together? I don't know if they ever were together, that's the thing. So so she was with him. I love the fact that she said something, because it's gotta been eating her up that all of this, I mean, her relationship imploded because of essentially this all the talk of the movie.
Speaker 2: So I love that she was able to find her voice in this. Yeah, for long. They were together for three and a half years. What's her name is, Sydney.
Speaker 3: I always want to call her Sunday And I don't know why they do the movie together and after the movie again my favorite romantic. I love the movie so much. I think it's great. I think they're so cute. I would love for them to be together. I hate that it might have been on the brink of sure and cheating or whatever. But I don't think what she said confirms one way or the other, whether it's right now ye, I don't either. Yeah, I think it was like, in my mind, what I make up from that was it was hard to deal with all the chatter of someone possibly having an affair, you know, and maybe he didn't do a good enough job making her feel comfortable right in that moment. So that's why I'm like, more power to you for peacing out, especially with I mean not to sound like this, but like Glenn Powell, he's a really big I mean, he's he's a big actor, he's you know, good looking dude. Like that must have been really hard. So I'm like, oh, yeah, that girl's super strong to walk away from that. Yeah, I agree, Yeah, I just I hate it.
Speaker 2: I hate it for her.
Speaker 3: I also just feel like it's worth saying that if you have to question where you stand ever the fair decision to end it. Yeah, and maybe there was issues before too that, you know, and this was just kind of lateral damage of all the.
Speaker 2: Pr for the movie.
Speaker 3: Hurtful, But yeah, I gotta imagine that would be incredibly hurtful because they were I wouldn't be able to do it, I can say that for sure. Which part to watch them go be whatever, whether it's publicity or not.
Speaker 1: That ant with all the chatter of all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I mean I think we talked about that at some point during one of them where I was like, I mean, that would be so hard because I'm like, what is the truth, and they're so good together in the.
Speaker 1: Mid that would be so hard hard we had a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I thought, these two.
Speaker 1: Like everyone wants them to be together.
Speaker 2: So that's fun. You know, it's like we want to Kate McConaughey to be a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you all noticed anything different? Getting older in the sex in the bedroom?
Speaker 1: Graver?
Speaker 2: Because halle Berry.
Speaker 3: Is chatting about it, going through menopause, the you know, vaginal dryness of things, and talking to her to her doctors about it. I don't think enough women talk about it. So I've heard that is how old is she?
Speaker 2: She's fifty? Oh, oh geez, and she's just is.
Speaker 1: That so we've got a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well there's talking menopause.
Speaker 1: Like actually going through menopause.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have heard, though, I have heard the dryness becomes a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think during menopause.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I haven't experienced the dryness yet. I did get my labs back. I'm not in perimenopause totally fine, which is just so strange. Having said that, a lot of people did tell me, though, that they did start skipping even before they were in perimenopause.
Speaker 2: So I mean, listen, I'm forty one years old. Sure it's coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And my mom, I don't know if it's genetic, but she went through menopause at thirty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa, I know.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 3: That's why I rushed into having kids. Yeah, not that like I always wanted to have kids, but also I was like, thirty four. That was always my clock because I was terrified.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's fair.
Speaker 4: Hey, if we can skip a period and not have the like side effects of menopause, I'm all for it. Insane, give me a skips weird, I would love that.
Speaker 2: I'm more sad that Halle Berry's not having good sex. Guys. I think she is. She's just I don't know if she is.
Speaker 3: She found her she finally found her person. You know, she goes, I finally found my person, And now the worst joke in the world happened to me. But listen, there is there is lube for reasons. Having said that that shit's sticky, I don't use it. I mean, like, you know, one time I probably have miss unfortunately at this age, and you know, all I hear in my head is Miss Rachel stick yek yek yecky bo's.
Speaker 2: I think of that. Well now I have as you.
Speaker 3: If Miss Rachel pops into your mind when you're in bed with your Scottish God. No, I'm just saying, when it comes to Loube God, mercy s better not be a headline.
Speaker 2: But that is just what I think about Sticky.
Speaker 3: I did, I had, I did have lunch or dinner last week of the friend.
Speaker 2: I hadn't seen it in a really long time.
Speaker 3: She's in her fifties and she's always been this like very vibrant sexual, like like energy hippie, like she just is this. She's so wonderful to me and I really love her. But she's always been overly sexual, not in a way that you like are you know, you know, hide your husband kind of feeling, just that she's always loved it because it's coming edge.
Speaker 2: I do it.
Speaker 3: So but it was interesting because I was like, you know, like we were just talking about marriage and they've been together for a really long time, and she was like yeah, no, no, we haven't had sex since like nineteen, I think twenty eighteen. And I'm like, yeah, I mean I must have just I couldn't hide it, you know. And I said, no, you need that, like you know. I was like, are you okay? Is that okay with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And she said yeah. I think it's fine that I'm in a sexless marriage.
Speaker 3: And I I don't know how to feel.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not there yet at fifty.
Speaker 3: Listen, I have a friend that has not had sex with her husband ever, ever, ever, what? And it's been something where I have through so many times asking like how does this work?
Speaker 2: Do they have other sexes? Other people?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Like do they have a kind of there's sex?
Speaker 1: Is that we need to pick up?
Speaker 2: Like different kinds of sex? Do they? I feel like it doesn't work. He mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Well so he could certainly pleasure her in other ways, but I don't ask because it got to a part where I had asked it was hard for me to understand.
Speaker 2: It's not hard for him too soon, it's too soon.
Speaker 3: And she was like, we find other ways to connect emotionally and physically. So I think for some people, and again, let me listen, I think on the couch. You're the least active of us all, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And it's like, I mean, you've talked about that, you know what I mean? Like that, she was like, I didn't want to talk about today. You don't like talking about sex.
Speaker 3: I do not, so like we do like se more so I think somebody but I only did talk about it as much I get.
Speaker 2: So I'm sweating right now. Really, I have no problem.
Speaker 3: I know you Samantha, Samantha, so.
Speaker 2: I do miss being on the road with you.
Speaker 3: Guys. This is the stuff we like to just make each other wildly uncomfortable, so I think, and that works for y'all's relationship. You guys have found a rhythm I think where we might not understand someone that has a sexless marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not judging it.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, I'm just saying it might just work differently for other people, of course, Like oh, sure, it's the rides on carousels look a little different.
Speaker 2: Some of them aren't riding at all. It seems some are just a love for the joy. Lord. Anyways, take like.
Speaker 3: We are escaping today's listening advice. But if you need advice or a girlfriend's take on something, d m us on Instagram, or send us an email at Winddown Podcast gmail dot com. After that last conversation, we're not sure that we're qualified to answer, but we would love to hear from you anyways.
Speaker 2: Good luck, good luck, Bye bye bye