Speaker 1: All right, it's Sauce on the side. I'm Gandhi from the Elvis Durrim Morning Show, and I'm here with my two not one. I got both producers in here today, Andrew and Diamond.
Speaker 2: What's up, Hi?
Speaker 3: Oh hi, oh hi.
Speaker 1: I heard you get zapped and I am going to play that soundback right now because it was the funniest thing ever.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm going to add this to my burn books, so I'll save that for the Oh there's a reason why I got zapped.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm excited. We have an entry into the Burn book. Wonderful from Andrew. All Right, today we have our friend Vna. If you don't know Vna, he actually came to us through Elvis because Elvis is the coolest things in the world, and he went on a freaking safari in Africa, started in Tanzania. There's not a lot to really get into before we bring him in, so I'm just gonna bring him in. So one of my favorite people, definitely one of my favorite guests that we have on the Big Show is here, Vna Panna. What is your last name? Do you tell people?
Speaker 5: I do Jacob Jacobwe.
Speaker 1: Vna Jacob Gobwene. So you are the owner operator of Vienna's Untamed Expeditions, which is basically my dream. Tell me about it. What is it that you do for people who don't know.
Speaker 5: We organize safaris to East and Southern Africa to East Africa, we organize safaris to Tanzania where I'm from, Kenya, Uganda and Randa for the gorillas, and then in South Africa as well, and we also do Cape Town to us in South Africa as well.
Speaker 1: So you do it all. You just said probably five things that I'm super interested in. First of all Africa, second of all gorillas, the safaris, Cape Town, all of it. Let's start with the Safari Yes, how did you get into being a Safari guy? I know you're from Tanzania or as you used to say, Tanzania, and now I heard you say, yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Know, it's a different pronunciation, but all that's the same meaning. So my father used to be a Safari guide and I learned a lot about wildlife from him, and I developed that passion of wanting to become a guide. Around seventeen, one of my high school teachers called me in and said, you know what, I think you should become a safari guide okay, and asked him why. He said, you know, because you've been doing great. We had these clubs and one of the clubs that we had was for wildlife, so he was always there listening. So he said to me, I think you'll make a good safari guide. So when I finished high school, I went for my guiding college and sixteen years later, yeah, I am doing guiding amazing.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the animals that you will encounter have encountered on the safaris. Obviously. Will the beasts buffalo yes, Elephants yes, Lions yes, Hyenas.
Speaker 3: Yes, monkeys, monkeys yes, okay.
Speaker 5: Baboons, leopards, you know, jackals, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles.
Speaker 1: It's a lot, and the one you say is the most terrifying. You don't encounter often, but if you did, you said you would turn the other way.
Speaker 3: The black mama, the black member.
Speaker 1: Will you will you tell people why of all those animals you just said, crocodiles, hippos, which I find hippos terrifying, they are right, You're most afraid of a black mamba more than a lion, and a hyena and a leopard. All of those it's the black Mamba.
Speaker 5: Why black member is what you call a deadly snake in Africa. They are very aggressive and they can strike for no reason.
Speaker 3: You encounter them, they strike.
Speaker 5: They are very fust that they can strike up to five people within three seconds. Basically does not give you enough time to.
Speaker 1: Run that everybody you're with, nobody can run because you just all got hit by the black momlambers and the poison is so deadly, very deadly. You don't you don't have time.
Speaker 5: It gives you thirty minutes and you're more likely done.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen somebody actually get bitten? I like, what do they call it? Gets struck.
Speaker 5: I've seen people in that situation, and I've seen people after that. I've never witnessed someone being hit by one, but I've seen after and it's not a good experience.
Speaker 1: I saw Kill Bill. I don't know if you've seen that movie, but there's a black mom but and Kill Bill, and that's how I associate everything.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that movie yet.
Speaker 1: Good movie.
Speaker 3: If you go, I'll go find look for it.
Speaker 1: So, first of all, what do you encounter the most. I want to believe it's elephants, but I don't know that that's true.
Speaker 5: We have a group of animals we call habibos. That's like your ideas, no means yeah, vegetarians. Vegetarians. So those are the animals that you encounter a lot. One of the animals that we say is mostly the first animal you'll see on safari.
Speaker 3: It's stay in parlor.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: The reason being in para leaves in what we call an ecoton. So the ecoton its where the two habitat meets. You have a bit of the woodland and you have the bit of the grassland. So because they feed in both, so that is mostly where they will be, okay. And then you have zebras, you have wilder beasts. Elephants know that much. You see them.
Speaker 3: But elephants also likes to be in woodlands.
Speaker 1: They're the real king of the jungle. I don't know why everybody talks about it being a lion. I don't even live in the jungle. That's crazy. But yes, as you were saying.
Speaker 5: You'll find elephants in the woodland, but sometimes they'll come into the open areas to feed and then go back, So you don't really encounter elephants as much as you'll encounter the other hebivors.
Speaker 1: Elephants are really smart too, right, and they're sick human.
Speaker 3: Very animals.
Speaker 5: I think after dolphins, elephants at the second ones.
Speaker 1: Those are my two favorite animals by the way, And let me tell you, Producer Andrew and producer Diamond both hate dolphins. It's a very weird thing. They're afraid of them. They have a lot of like weird thoughts in their head about what dolphins do. They're convinced that dolphins try to have sex with humans.
Speaker 3: I've never had that, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: I think Andrew saw one story one time and it was like over he just believed it for her. But as far as all these animals go, what animals have you had some kind of scary encounters with? At some point, something has had to happen, right.
Speaker 5: I would put it within between buffaloes and elephants.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, Okay.
Speaker 5: So starting with the elephants, I was still a young guide coming up. We went out searching for African wild dogs, a very rare animal to see on.
Speaker 1: They look like three different animals put together together, and they have the patterns.
Speaker 5: So we went out so them. As we were coming back, you're in a very narrow road. So I had a tracker with me and myself and two guests at the back. So we come across. We came across this big bull elephant by himself, and he was mad, you could tell. So we stopped so the car could not start. You could not switch off the car because normally, if you find an animal like that, switch off the car, observed. But this car, the bed was low, so we could not switch it off. So we had to switch it. You had to be on.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait. So you see an animal that could potentially stomp your car and you shut the car off, you have.
Speaker 3: To, okay.
Speaker 5: The reason being sometimes even the noise from the engine can irritate the animal and make that animals even aggressive, So we couldn't switch off the vehicle. As we were watching this elephant, you discovered that that elephant had been fighting with another bull and he lost the fight because he was in what you call a mast. That's the period where a male elephant is ready to mate with a female to reproduce. So we could see he's dripping urine. But also it was they have a kind of scent or smell that they have during that period. So this elephant, we couldn't switch the vehicle of this elephant was coming toward us, so we had to back up slowly, slowly. So the tracker told me, like, this elephant will charge because he thought he lost. It's not looking where to lay his hanger like.
Speaker 1: A guy in a bar fight. He's just pissed off the table.
Speaker 5: So he said, keep on revising. If I tell you to go, hit the accelerator and go. So this elephant came in past us. He went around the vehicle because the two head lights in front. Sometimes animal sees that as eyes. So when he was looking at us the two lights in front for him was something like, okay, let me go behind this thing. So this elephant walked behind hinders and it came on a very full speed.
Speaker 1: Sorry chasing, you start chasing, so you just Floorida.
Speaker 3: And we had to go. We had to go.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going to tell you that happens in India. Yeah, those elephants when they're in when they're you call it in must Yeah, that's that's always not always, but for the most part, when there's an elephant attack or something happens where an elephant is angry and does something like that, it's typically the young ball right and must us. So if you encounter a herd, odds are you're going to be okay?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: If you encounter a lone ball, take it easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's same with the buffaloes. If you find the head of buffaloes, you okay, like ninety percent. But if you find a lonely bull buffalo, make sure that you know you're escaping route. And these buffalos like this other one. Uh, there were four of them. So I was driving in an open area and there are four of them. Same thing. We went looking for the wild dogs again, so he came. We came across these five buffalos.
Speaker 1: Woll dogs are gonna get you in trouble.
Speaker 5: And one of them was looking at us like he wanted to come. So we drove and this buffalo walked out and he came in front of us, and we start charging us.
Speaker 1: So he's trying to take on a truck.
Speaker 5: Yeah he was coming because they come with the head down. Yeah, he was coming. So I had to reverse for like one hundred years and this guy was still coming in and I couldn't do it even longer. So I stopped the vehicle and I said to my guests, hold on I'm gonna go for it.
Speaker 1: Hold on, that's always what you want to hear from the Safari guys.
Speaker 3: This guy will not stop.
Speaker 5: So if I go towards him, there's a chance that he will stop and run away.
Speaker 1: We mean, there's a chance. What if he didn't.
Speaker 3: So I took my chances and it worked.
Speaker 5: As soon as I start going after him, I stopped and ran away.
Speaker 1: Seeb and I, this is the stuff I'm here for. This is the stuff I want to hear about. Okay, you said something to me a couple of years ago that really resonated with me, and I ended up saying it to Diamond once when we were out in the woods. You said, only prey runs, exactly. Don't run away from things, as much as that is your instinct as a human being, when you're afraid to take off running, don't run because prey runs. Yes, only food runs. So one day Diamond and I we did a trip off the grid and we were in the woods in California and they told us that there were bears around. And as we're hiking around, our guide froze and she said, what was that sound? And you could kind of hear branches snapping. If something was there, something was coming. This one wanted to take off running, and I said, do not do it. Do not run. I know you want to run. If you run, you are food. Don't do it. Did that not happen? Diamond, come over here, till mike for a second.
Speaker 6: It happened, and I would do it again. You want to know why my heart was racing. You didn't know what it was, where was coming from. We couldn't figure it out. Why would we stand there and wait for it to come out and show us who or what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm out of there.
Speaker 1: Tell why?
Speaker 5: Because so you don't know where that animal is coming from. You don't know who that animal is, So running you're putting yourself in danger more because first you have to know who that animal is so that you know how to survive. I will tell you a secret. Animals cannot judge distance. Most of the animals. We humans and primates, we can judge distance, But most of the animals cannot judge distance.
Speaker 3: If you have watched.
Speaker 5: National Geographic when the lions or leopards or any predator hunting, you see how very close they get to those animals, so they walk, go down and freeze, even if the gazelle raise up the head like I've seen movements. But as soon as they freeze, they confuse the gazelles or they confuse the antelope.
Speaker 3: That's how they go.
Speaker 1: Once you start moving around and flail and running, then you've given them a target exactly, and now they're like what is this?
Speaker 3: So you get them?
Speaker 5: You know, so you stop, you don't move, you see the animal that you want to move, and then the safest thing to do is to back up slowly.
Speaker 1: Timon, do you think you can do that?
Speaker 2: We let me just we were in the middle of a medal. Also. She just fails.
Speaker 6: Nothing but like grass and I don't know up to our knees and you don't see anything else where were we gonna go?
Speaker 5: You listen, I've come across leopards doing walking safaris. We came across this particular this one leopard on a ditch sleeping. So we didn't know there was a leopard there, and we went there because we saw like this could be a potential area where there'll be water and we might find elephants. So we came across the ditch there was a sleeping leopard. Like you know, from my distance to you.
Speaker 1: Which is a fine because are not easy to come by.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, leopards at the toughest. Yeah, they're very, very very quick.
Speaker 5: Okay, So as soon as we stopped, one of my guests talked and this leopard had the voice.
Speaker 1: And Diamonds running away from a microphone.
Speaker 3: And she growl and stood up and ran away. Oh, she didn't come after us.
Speaker 1: So she was more afraid of what the unknown.
Speaker 5: Was exactly because we had stopped and we were freezing.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can implement this in the future, Diamond, Yes.
Speaker 6: But now I have a question, like, how pissed were you that this person decided to open their mouth?
Speaker 2: Like do you get upset when things like that happen?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Sometimes you know, you don't get upset, but you tell them, like, you know, next time, if something like this happens, do not do that. There's a good's there's a good thing about you talking as you're doing walking safaris or as you're doing trekkings, as you did, because you get to advertise is your presence.
Speaker 1: Oh we did.
Speaker 5: We were loud, yeah, but if you go quietly, it's well, now you ambush the animals. You know, it's a nature, it's a human nature, it's an animal nature. Once you're ambushed, you will always want to defend.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, if we are in the woods and the way, I'll find a picture of where we were because there was a meadow, but there were trees and stuff around it. Maybe there really wasn't anywhere to go. But in a scenario like this, you're saying, make a lot of noise while you're going through, so that they hear you coming from wherever they are and they scatter instead of us popping up on them because we're being very silent. Yes, no to self, We'll make a lot of noise next time, Diamonds. She's like, what next time? I'm not going back in those damns.
Speaker 3: What noises? But you know as you speak.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now I told you about my podcast idea. Can I touch it? Where I want to go into wherever nature and just try to touch things. I've already started it, by the way. I touched a horseshoe crab, I touched a sea urchin, a shark, a starfish, a lizard. I touched elephants and stuff before. I'm not an idiot, like I know, I can't really touch all of these things. But I have been umboozled, I think by Instagram where I follow all these guys who live with the lions and they get along and the lions bring them their cubs and they present them. Kevin Richardson, specifically the lion whisper, how does he live this life?
Speaker 5: So he started doing his project years back. You know, he sort of basica raised those lions and.
Speaker 1: They're out in a while, right.
Speaker 5: So it's it's like a firm that he has goot. Okay, so basically, you know, you want to come into the Seringate and do that.
Speaker 1: Okay he makes a look like that, but no, okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: He has a place where he's doing that down south. Then they have places like those that you can go and take a walk with lions and you can touch them. But mostly they're like animal firms.
Speaker 1: Oh but that's not good done, is it?
Speaker 3: Not? Really?
Speaker 1: So that's so this Lion Whisperer that I'm like, oh my gosh, look at him just interacting with these lions. Are they captive?
Speaker 5: I cannot really say they're captive, but I can also say they're totally wild, so they know him. That's why if it's another person going, they have to put you on a cage.
Speaker 1: They put me in the cage.
Speaker 5: I would love that, specifically him, because he has been there, They grew up around him.
Speaker 1: So my dreams are you know, a little far fetched.
Speaker 3: You can still do it.
Speaker 5: But if you want to be you know, if you want to go to those lions walk in South Africa.
Speaker 1: Now here's the thing. So this is where I get very torn. I want nature to be nature. I want it in its element. I don't want to tame it, domesticate it, none of that. I even have a problem with half the pets that I want to have because I think you don't want to live in my apartment. You are meant to be free, a bird, whatever, even a chinchill. You don't want to live with me. You want to be somewhere else. So I want nature to be nature. But I also want to touch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can touch some and you cannot touch some.
Speaker 1: So far, everything that I've tried to touch has allowed me to touch it so far. Yeah, but you know, I'll take it easy. I promise on your safari when I go, because I'm going to go, I will not touch anything. I won't stick my hand out of the car. I'm just going to be good and observe. We'll watch every I will not stress you out. So this is a big part I would assume then of the economy, right, safaris taking people around, which I think is amazing and I think everyone should go on a safari if they can. You save your money up, go I want to do it. I want to take my whole family. I've been talking about this with you for years at this point, I promise at some point, but I have a question about economy. And one of the things that people say is good for a lot of countries in Africa and their economy, that sounds a little crazy to me. I don't like it. Hunting big game. Is that in fact good for the economy or do crazy rich hunters tell people that so it doesn't look like they're doing something awful.
Speaker 5: So hunting is a very very tough subject to talk about, and I always avoid talking about it.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm glad, I ask you, yeah, because if you miss a point on that then it can backfire. Always. Well, that's how it is with anything you say. I promise you. You say I like dogs, people are gonna say, oh, you hate cats.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 5: So conservation started from hunting. As people were hunting and hunting and hunting, they couldn't find anything to hunt because they killed it all. They killed it all, and they're like whoo, so now we have to conserve. I will say, in my country, Kenya do not allow hunting. So I'll talk a little bit of my country that we do allow hunting in some of the areas. So we have categories of conservations. We have the National Park which is up there where it's only photographic.
Speaker 1: So they're hunting with cameras, yes.
Speaker 3: Okay, hunting with cameras.
Speaker 5: And then you have the Game Reserve where most of the hunting has been done. So the way they do the hunting in those areas, you get your plot as a company where you can hunt, you have to give the government the numbers estimated numbers of the animals that you have in that particular plot and estimating their ages so that the government knows what you have inside there. The government will give you a license to hunt mostly the old animals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like the very old buffalos, the very.
Speaker 1: Old which like is no prize. You're hunting an old animal, so what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Sorry, can see I have very strong feelings about this, but go ahead, Okay, so you get you can go sign up and hunt an old star.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I once asked someone from the government, like, why do you do it in such a way. Why can't the government meant clothes and say, you know, we're close hunting and stays that way. But then the game reserves were established as buffer zones between national parks and human settlement. So these guys that will have the game reserve and the hunting block, they will somehow try to cut the conflict between humans and wildlife. So you know, that's why I said, hunting is a very wide subject depending on how you do it.
Speaker 3: And personally against.
Speaker 1: Hunting from afart, yes you shouldn't.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't from what I said, you shouldn't say like, oh, he's appointing hunting. Not personally, I don't like hunting because I believe the animals have the right to live. If the government says, if they do it well it helps them to conserve some of the national parks on the game reserve, then I have got nothing to say against.
Speaker 1: Okay, but there are animals that are protected right, yes, elephants.
Speaker 5: So they cannot haunt elephants even though sometimes they tend.
Speaker 3: To which is right.
Speaker 1: I've seen people holding a task and makes me want to vomit. What about the leopards, I've seen leopards.
Speaker 5: They can leopards, they can hand lions, they cannot. I cannot hunt a giraffe because it's our national animal, and they cannot hunt rhino because they are endangered. They cannot haunt cheetens because they're endangered. They cannot hand wild dogs because they're endangered. But all in all, I believe every animal has got the right to live until it's killed by you know, by a wild animal. You know, it's sad because the other day I saw in the news that one of the elephants that was killed by a hunting company, and they got very sad because I have a trip going into that particular area specifically looking for this particular elephant in July, and now this elephant got killed. And that elephant was killed because the people that were there did not follow the rules and regulation that we are guiding them on how they can do their hunting.
Speaker 1: So what's the punishment for something like that if they find them?
Speaker 5: So the company is gonna get banned. Yeah, So that company is like gonna go down done. Yeah, there's a petition online about that. People are signing up for that. But I also see my country changing that very soon because there's been lots of pressure from conservation societies and everything agreeing them to stop hunting. So I'm sure at one point in the near future my government will go into that and stop hunting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I know that there's conflict even within that, because there are the conservationists who are there trying to protect the land and the animals, and then there are the poachers who come in, and that in itself causes all kinds of strife. So I don't even I mean, where do you begin to start if you want to make a difference and something like that, where do you even start?
Speaker 5: So the first thing you shoot start is have more facilities against the porches, because sometimes also the government gives these hunting blocks to people because they want to stop porches, they want to stop poaching. Okay, So we have organizations from the states, we have people from the states that have been very, very supportive. And then the second step now is to talk to the government that okay, we've provided you with this, and now you have enough to make sure that you can stop poaching and then let's close all of these hunting hunting blocks.
Speaker 1: That's what I would love to do. Z Igno is none of my business. I don't live there, but I just think, oh my god. I can't imagine how people would look at an animal and one of these creatures and think I should kill you. There's just something about big Game that really upsets me when I see people hunting it and I just I don't know. I think they're evil, but that's just me. So I have a question. You said something about a lot of the reserves being between where people are living and then like the fall on Wild. So there's a movie that came out when I was very little called The Ghosts in the Darkness. Yes, the Lions of the Tsavo. Yes, how true was that movie? And if you haven't seen the movie, it's about two allegedly man eating lions that terrorized this railroad that was being built.
Speaker 5: So that there are two movies. Oh, there's another of the same area. There's one called The Shadow of Kilimanjaro. It's the same area. This is about baboons.
Speaker 3: Was very very.
Speaker 5: Dry and the baboons did not have water and they start eating people.
Speaker 1: Wait, they were thirsty, so they eight people.
Speaker 3: They started eating people.
Speaker 1: I don't see that, okay, all right.
Speaker 5: And then there's that's the lanes are the main eating lines of Tavo. That's a true story. Actually, when they're building that railway station from Mombasa all the way to Nairobi, that's when it happened. And you know, they portrayed everything that can happen in real life on a safari if you don't listen.
Speaker 1: To your guys and if you try to touch something, yeah.
Speaker 5: And if you don't listen to the managers at the lodge when they're telling you, like, do not go out at night, not go on your own back to your tent at night, because you don't know what is happening.
Speaker 1: So okay. So to that point, you are camping in the middle of the serengari. There are lions and hyenas and cheetahs and the birds and all these different animals out there. How do you stay protected inside a tent?
Speaker 5: So these animals do not see tents as threat rather than they see tents as an object that they cannot go through. And so with those kinds of tents, we normally tell people if you go do that do not put food inside your tent, okay, because that can attract some animals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Diamond and I learned that also when we went camping, they made us take all of like any snack that we had, we did take out of the RV in certain areas because they said the bears have such a good sense of smell that they will enter the RV. They will open the door and they will come in and they will forage for the snacks. So you know, me, I was like, we should leave some.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's always you know, there's always that one person will say, you know, let's do it and see what will happen.
Speaker 1: Just see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's that's one thing.
Speaker 5: But with the most of the of the of the tinted camp that we do, so you'll have all the meals at the main area and everything. So they will escort you back to your tent. They'll make sure that everything is closed if you want everything to be closed. But I know, my like sleeping with my tent windows open. You know, you have a mosquit on it in between, so you see everything that is happening outside.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I would love that too. But if you can see out, then things can see in.
Speaker 5: You can without. These tents are mad. You can be inside and see outside, but the person who is outside cannot see inside.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, but when we're talking about tents, we're not talking about the little tent that you just all. It's a big tent and it's like glamping.
Speaker 3: Even yeah, it's even bigger than this room.
Speaker 1: Like then this room, and he's talking about the main studio, which is pretty big. Okay, so these big tents are there. It's like glamping. Also, right, you have bad you have a shower, so people want to come take us a fari. They're not roughing it. They're having a wonderful experience while they get to see all of it.
Speaker 5: So you have you're running water, you have your running toilets. Hang, we can hang your clothes. You have placeure we can put your bags. You know, you have a place where you can sit and enjoy like a lounge inside the tent. And then outside the tent you have chairs that you can sit and you know, radio book or enjoy the wilderness in front of you.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, that sounds great. I'm really I hope that when Elvis said we're all gonna go and we're going to do this. We're going to broadcast from there. I hope it happens. It will Happenings crossed. If people want to find you and they want to book one of these trips, how do they find you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: Am I valuable? On Instagram? At Vienna is Untamed Expeditions.
Speaker 1: Which if you're listening to this right now, there is on link on my page.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I have a Facebook page it's the same name Viennese and TAMED Expeditions. And then my website which is www dot Vinasuntamed Expeditions dot com.
Speaker 1: And you say about ten days is an ideal time with travel.
Speaker 5: Travel, so you need at least not less than seven days of being on the safari. So if you have ten days plus traveling dates, that's that's a good idea. But also if you have more days you have Zanziba you know, it's it's a beach island that it's you know, you can go, I enjoy the beach. But also Zanzibar has got lots of history, you know, slavery, how the people from Oman into Zanzbag what they did you know, So apart from beach, you have a full day that you're going to learn about history, but also Zanziba. It's what we call a spice island for those who love language. Yeah, for those who loves to cook. Zanzba has over a one hundred different spicies that you can get and most of those spicies have been exported here to the state and.
Speaker 1: You can bring them back.
Speaker 3: You can bring them back amazing.
Speaker 5: So you know, we we have people have more days and after the Safari, we take them to Zanzba. They learn about the history of Zanzba, they line about the spicies of Zanzebra, and then we give them a day or two to lay down on the beach and recover.
Speaker 1: The beaches around Africa because I know one of the best places to go see great white is off the tip of South Africa. So the beach is around ZanZbar. How are we doing with sharks and stuff?
Speaker 3: There are no sharks there.
Speaker 1: You have to give me no sharks.
Speaker 5: They have to go a little bit further deep to get shacks and dolphins.
Speaker 1: But always a shark around.
Speaker 5: Always, But we've never had any encounter with the sharks in the beaches of z touch the woods.
Speaker 1: Yes, right here, we're going to knock on for Micah, here we go. And then the last question, is it true not to wear red around wild animals?
Speaker 3: Not not to wear but try.
Speaker 1: To avoid that's the same thing.
Speaker 5: You know, if that's the only thing you have, you can wear, okay, but if you can avoid that, then it will be good.
Speaker 1: So they really do see it, and they are attracted to it.
Speaker 3: It's not attracted, but red. It's a warning color.
Speaker 5: So mostly animals will react differently when they see something red.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Imagine you're seeing black and white and you have this red in front of you. It's a very strange object. But sitting in the vehicle, it's not a big problem. But when you're doing walking so far, yes it is. We have flies, so they are colors that attract flies.
Speaker 1: And one of them is no more that's all you need hate flies.
Speaker 5: One of them is black and blue. You know, we have a certain fly we call fly just a bigger, bigger in size compared to the house fly. So they attracted to the black and black and blue. So we try to tell people, you know, you try to avoid that, and so that you don't have flies.
Speaker 3: So it's not like their bigs everywhere.
Speaker 5: In Africa, so like bags will be stabing you everywhere.
Speaker 3: I've had people coming in with the bag space.
Speaker 1: And oh, yeah, that would be me.
Speaker 3: I never even used them.
Speaker 1: Really yeah.
Speaker 5: Some of them are like, oh, you don't even know why we bought them, surprising. I'm like, you know, it's it's rain season. Yes, you can have lots of bags because of the water, but the dry season you barely see bags.
Speaker 1: So I asked you that question because my boyfriend and I on our first date, we went to the Central Park Zoo. Have you been to the Central Park Zoo. It's kind of a small zoo, but they have this one area where the birds are kind of flying free and you can go walk through the middle and do whatever. And we were looking at a Victorian crowned pigeon, which I found out later that's what it was from Alex because it attacked us. So it came flying directly at us. And he said it was because I was wearing a jacket that had birds all over it. And he's like, it looked at that bird and it was like, oh hell no. But he had on a bright red shirt and I said, no, it was your shirt that triggered that bird. So now I'm going to tell him it was him based on this conversation, So just let me have that.
Speaker 3: So there are two things I have to defend him. Question. Me and him have a deal when it comes to Africa. We have a deal.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So animals can get.
Speaker 5: Aggressive when they see pictures of animals.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I'm gonna show you this jacket and it doesn't even look like birds. It's an Adidas jacket. Anyway, Wait finished what you're saying. I'm gonna find the jacket.
Speaker 3: So I've seen that with gorillas.
Speaker 5: I've seen that panzies, I've seen that with leopards, I've seen that with lions. I've seen that with baboons that they get they feel like you're trying to challenge them.
Speaker 1: What's no good?
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, so it could be was his red jacket. No where did the bird land first? Was it him or you?
Speaker 1: So it came I think it came at him, but it was intercepted by a handler before it actually touched either one of us. And I stuck my hand out because of course, I'm like, oh I could touch it. Let's see if this happens. He ducked. This is the jacket. I hope you can see it. Hold on, it's an Adidas athletic jacket, tropical parrot that doesn't even look like birds.
Speaker 5: That could attract because you see, there's lots of lots of things in there for a bad like your flowers. You have another bird in there, So.
Speaker 1: That's so you think this was more attractive to the bird than his bright red shirt. Damn it, I'm gonna edit this out.
Speaker 5: So the red shirt could have been a warning color because out in the bush red it's a warning color, do not touch.
Speaker 1: And this was like, I'm flowers, come touch. Yeah, damn it.
Speaker 3: So like if I'm not that, I ask you this.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest.
Speaker 5: If you see a bud, if you see an animal, if you see an insect, if you see anything that has got a certain pattern that has got dread, do not touch it.
Speaker 1: All right, fine, fine, it was me, it wasn't him. I'm so upset at this. What a wait to any interview. But thank you Vina so much for joining me. I again, I could talk to you all day if I had the chance, but I don't have that chance. So thanks. If people want to get ahold of you, it's linked right now in my Instagram story, so they can come check it out Vienna's Untamed Expeditions on Instagram or online.
Speaker 5: It is vienna is Untamed Expeditions dot com.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Vinna, Thank you for having me and looking forward to do this again always.
Speaker 1: I can't wait till you come back. Diamond. Yeah, did you learn anything?
Speaker 6: Nothing that I'm actually gonna take with me Because if I'm in the woods or in the forest and an animal is chasing me, I think that my instinct will kick in.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to freeze. I'm out of there. And the whole swint was it's not going to chase you.
Speaker 1: If you don't run, I'll.
Speaker 2: Repent as I'm running.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, Diamond learned no thing, So that's wonderful. All right, very informous, Andrew, you seem to really want to add something to the burn book. Yes, so, by all means, go ahead.
Speaker 4: So I love love these shoes I'm wearing. Can I say the brand, of course? Okay, they're All Birds. All Birds makes great comfortable, cozy shoes and they're like slip on shoes.
Speaker 3: They're great.
Speaker 4: Okay, the running shoes are great too. The problem is they're made out of wool, so no matter where you are shuffling these feet to the minute you touch anything. It's like your super villain origin story where it's like I have powers, but I just keep zapping myself on everything and I can't stop. So All Birds, I love you, but like I can't with the zapping and the shocking anymore.
Speaker 1: That's kind of crazy. Like what if you had a weird heart rhythm or something and constantly getting zapped because of the shoes sent you over the edge, like that was what killed you.
Speaker 4: And they're the most aggressive zaps of all time, Like I heard that. I literally have seen electricity come out of my fingers from how much I'm shuffling in my All birds.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what not to touch. Do not touch these boards because it's possible. When they're so electrically charged in the first place, you're gonna get a good zap. But it's possible when you zap yourself that hard on one of these, you throw the whole board out of whack. I've seen it happen.
Speaker 2: I'm try it.
Speaker 1: Wait, just real quick, let's play his sound again.
Speaker 4: It hurts. And now I just charged myself up by moving my feet on the carpet, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Ready to go see if you see it's gonna hurt so bad.
Speaker 1: Let's just to see you charge yourself up on purpose. Oh you didn't it hurts so bad?
Speaker 2: It's coming.
Speaker 1: Does it really hurt you like? Would you say it hurts or does it just like surprise you?
Speaker 4: It's like a it's like a snapping like you've been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, I don't think it really hurts that bad.
Speaker 3: Here I go.
Speaker 1: If you don't know this about Andrew when he doesn't have anything to say back to you, he just does whatever you're doing. But in that stupid voice.
Speaker 2: Please, Hey, it's the eye roll in the police.
Speaker 1: Police all right. Anyway, let's move on from this idiot to Diamond. Did someone give us a good ask me anything?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, And this is a question from Mike. I pronounced it earlier. I practiced it, Mike, I promise you, Mike Kawalinko.
Speaker 1: That sounds right.
Speaker 6: Cool, great, Mike, thanks for being here. And this is a question that I want to know the answer to. What's your net worth?
Speaker 1: Gandhi? Oh great question. I have no idea. I wish I knew. I don't know. My dad did call me once because he said he googled it and it said that I made like one point five million dollars a year. And I said, really, Dad, where did you find that information? That is so accurate? And we're laughing because that's far from accurate.
Speaker 4: So peoplefinder dot com doesn't have everyone's accurate networks.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I don't know, I don't think. So he also told me, and this is accurate, that my net worth was somewhere between one thousand and five million dollars, you know, and that is a fact.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I you know. I actually, I'm not even joking when I say I don't know. I don't know. I was very, very poor until I moved here, so I haven't made a lot of like really great financial decisions and moves. I just been kind of like hoarding my money whatever I make. So I need to sit down with an accountant, a financial advisor, whatever. I actually have an alarm set on my phone to do that so I can make some good smart investments because I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I would like the dragon from the Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, the one that just sits on their pile of gold, and it's like, I think his name is smog.
Speaker 2: Andrew, please get out out.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sorry. Does literature hurt your brain?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It does?
Speaker 2: Actually fight. If it's not Housewives, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I've really missed you too, being together. Yeah not him, feelings mutual.
Speaker 3: Thank god, I got it.
Speaker 1: Righted it all right? Where can they find you online? Andrew? People want your wit and wisdom.
Speaker 4: Andrew Pug. I'm only on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Okay, Diamond such a loser.
Speaker 6: It's at Diamond sincere and if you find me on Twitter, it has an underscore and.
Speaker 1: I think I'm unshadow band. So this is I'm pretty excited. Yeah at Baby Hot Sauce. And I'm no longer labeled as a pedophile, which was really a problem in my life. That was really a problem because it's not true. Yeah. So we'll be back next week with another fun episode. I think maybe we'll have a comedian or someone in next day. We'll see all right, everybody say bye by bye h