Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and craft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the.
Speaker 2: Star and Frisco.
Speaker 3: Forty two days away from the NFL Draft. It is going to be here before we know at Zach will Chuck alongside Nick Harris here on the Draft Show. It's just the two of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we got everybody else out. We boxed them all out.
Speaker 4: Finally, now we can talk about Jalen Wright for sixty straight minutes.
Speaker 2: Let's excited, do it?
Speaker 3: Jalen Wright and Bucky Irving. That is what we're going to do for the next hour. Here of the Draft Show, Brian Brought is taking the day to go fishing with his son Bennett. I hope he enjoys that love that. Hopefully Ayisha starts to feel better soon, of course. Kyle busy, busy man. Busy busy man. That Kyle yeomens. But they'll be rejoining us, I'm sure on Tuesday. But we had some big news going down yesterday. I know you have an article up on Dallas Cowboy Cowboys making a signing Eric Kendricks, a linebacker. Big question now is that going to change things from the draft. But what stands out to you about the Cowboys signing Eric Kendricks, who certainly has a good connection and familiarity with Mike Zimmer Cowboys new defensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent, just kind of walking you through the day yesterday we were yesterday morning, we all woke up thinking Eric Hendricks would be a San Francisco forty nine or that was who he had agreed to join whenever the legal tampering period was going on earlier in the week. And then you know, as the day went on, Mike Zimmer made a call and Eric Kendricks made a call, and sure enough the two were able to agree on a deal before last night. And when I walked out of the building yesterday, there wasn't any buzz about anything.
Speaker 2: That's why I left the building.
Speaker 4: And when I was on my way home on the road, Eric Kendricks news drops. So these things come together fast, and this was definitely one that I think helps the Cowboys in the long run. For sure, we know that they needed a presence there in the second level, and not only a presence, but they needed a big, reliable tackler and a guy that can stop the run.
Speaker 2: Eric Hendricks is on the back half of his career. I think I think.
Speaker 4: Everybody can agree on that his best football is behind him, but that doesn't mean that he cannot be productive for this defense. And they just need somebody to fill those gaps and stop the run. That's all they need a linebacker to do there in the second level. I think Eric Kendricks gives them that they didn't have it last year. I think if you throw a presence like Eric hendrickson for the playoff game against Screen Bay, I'm not saying it's a different result, but they're having to change some things with that running game. Aeron Jones probably doesn't have as productive of a day as he'd had. Eric Hendricks comes to the Cowboys eight straight seasons with one hundred plus tackles. In that same stretch, the Cowboys have only had nine one hundred plus tacklers.
Speaker 3: So that's an amazing STATA think it what?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, a lot of those are safeties too, which is why half of those are safeties.
Speaker 3: But struggled with injuries, you know, you've had a lot of mistime at that position.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think for Eric Hendricks, we're talking about on field presence. We're talking about the run stopping, we talk about filling the gaps. I'm talking about leadership aspect as well, not only having the rapport with Mike Zimmer that he'll be able to kind of bring in and be that symmetry with the defense, to be able to, you know, kind of a force of smooth transition with those guys. He can quarterback that defense. He knows what that defense is. He played in it for eight seasons under Mike or seven seasons under Mike Zimmer in Minnesota. He was drafted by Mike Zimmer. Those two have a really good relationship, and I think he's going to be an extension of what Mike Zimmer can bring to this defense in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably the most.
Speaker 4: Important piece that he brings, is that leadership aspect and making all eleven guys around him better. He's going to be a great locker room guy. The media is going to love him. He's a great interview too. I'm excited to see what Eric Hendrick brings to this building against His best football is behind him, but I think he can bring a lot to this team next year.
Speaker 3: Well, you mentioned the IQ, the ability to readiagnose react certainly. Maybe is he a step slower than he was in his twenty nineteen All Pro season? Yeah, absolutely, you could look at that. But I think for me, the big thing that jumps out is, you know Zim's introductory pressure, what did he talk about? He wants to get everybody speaking the same language. Eric Kendricks is going to help be a player on the field that outside of the coaching staff, he can get everybody on the same page speaking that same language. Maybe he wears the green dot defensively as well. So now the big question will be, and I know you mentioned you've gotten that a lot. I've seen that too, does this end up changing the Cowboys plans in the NFL draft with linebacker? You got de Moone Clark, You've got Eric Kendricks, you got Micah I mean, do you want to play him more off ball? You certainly still have Demarvin overshown, but expecting most likely Layton Vanderesh not to be a part of this thing. And then Mark e Spell does he shift back to safety? I think absolutely linebacker is still in play in the draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, it is talking about the linebacker room really quick. You mentioned to Marvin Overshown coming back from that ACL injury. The expectation is that he'll be back in time for training camp, so he'll be able to step into that second level and not only bring youth, but I think he brings a little bit of a creative experience as well from his days at Texas because he played in the third level, he played in the second level, he lined up off the edge as a pass rush. I mean, he has so much knowledge of the of the game on the on the defensive side of the ball. He's already clicking with Mike Zimmer. I think he's going to bring an added element to the defense and I think some people might forget about not Texas fans, though I know they're not.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then Demon Clark being able to bring what he brought last year bringing that back Layton vanderresh A decision is not made yet with with his future. There's still a lot of back and forth as far as medical opinions and things of the sort going on there. We'll see how his future plays out. But with or without Layton vander sh I think Eric Kendricks does bring that that that middle linebacker presence that you do need and its reliability. But talking about the draft specifically, they're going to go get another linebacker. We look at the depth. When only one healthy linebacker is left on the fifty three man roster at the end of the season, you got to go get multiple.
Speaker 2: It's not just going to be Eric Kendricks.
Speaker 4: Only two thirty visits have been reported so far, and it's Trevin Wallace linebacker out of Kentucky and Edrin Cooper linebacker out of Texas A and M. So if both of those guys that they're going to be in the building, they're they are going to be looking at them really hard. In the draft. They are going to go get another guy. Does it become less of a priority maybe because you look at the tackle position, you look at the center position, running back. Those positions need to get addressed. So it may not be a Day two position anymore. It could be, but it may not be anymore. It gives you a little bit more flexibility there, but you still have to go get another body in that room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you absolutely do. And I think that's interesting with Eddrian Cooper. I think we're both on the same page, and I think everybody here on the Draft show, there's not a first round linebacker that we look at and say, Okay, I mean maybe, you know, if Peyton Wilson were healthy, we said that a bunch maybe if Peyton Wilson were healthy, he'd be your guy. But I do think that this looks like, okay, how the Cowboys board is falling. It's probably offensive line in my opinion. In the first round. Running back is still definitely a need that maybe you prioritize ahead of linebacker now, but third round you could look at it. Fourth round, I think there's going to be some options. We've talked about it with Tommy Eikenberg from Ohio State. Could be a name, Jalen Ford out of Texas. Which range is he going to go? He could be in that third fourth round range. Tyron Hopper Massoo linebacker, which we could talk a little bit about. I know you mentioned that was a formal visit, yeah, for the Cowboys there at the Combine, and you know, he's a player. I don't know if we've really brought him up and talked about him a ton. I was watching him after you mentioned that he was a formal visit. That's a dude that's got coverage ability, He's got speed, he's got some instincts. There's a lot to like about his game as well. And then we mentioned a lot during you know, the Shrine Bowl and the Senior Bowl. Darius Muissow of UCLA is another very instinctive player that you could get there at day three. So there's a lot of options to where now you probably don't have to press at the position, but there's players that you still like that could come in and give you some added depth and value.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Talking about Tyron Hopper, I compared him to Mike mcfatten and of the New York Giants on my notes here. Really long frame that I think is it really shows up in open field tackling, and you need a guy that can be reliable and tackling in that second level. He probably lacks the instincts that you want there in the second level. He doesn't feel run lanes correctly every single time. But I think having a presence like Eric Kendrick or DeMont Clark to Marvin Overshown, that's going to help increase that and get that better for Hopper, that's coaching and that can get better as time goes on. I bank on those traits. I bank on that length and athleticism. Yeah, I think Tyron Hopper would be a great addition to this linebacker room. But there's going to be options there on Day three. If they feel like they need to wait until Day three to go get that linebacker to add in that room, I mean there's still gonna be some guys. I mean you mentioned Jalen Ford, a potential around three round four option. Trevin Wallace, as we mentioned, is a top thirty visits. That's a Day three guy. John Trey Hunter out of Georgia State, that's a guy I've really enjoyed watching. And Nathaniel Watson out of Mississippi State was a first team l secer last year for the Bulldogs and being able to be there in that second level and be really productive. You want to get a productive guy who played in a good conference as Nathaniel Watson, and then Tyrese Knight, one of the more athletic linebackers in the class out of futen So and then one other formal meeting that they had that's kind of in that Day three range from Washington edufuan Ulafohio.
Speaker 3: I got thrushed in.
Speaker 4: I think I did. So we're just gonna roll with it. But that's another guy that they're looking at there in that day three range.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an interesting name as well. I mean you mentioned more on Hopper three seasons of Florida transfer there to Missou and he trusted it. When you talk about athleticism scores at the Combine, he had the third best overall athletic score bunk linebackers of the Combine long fast. I think I agree with what you see there when it comes to the instincts, there were times I felt like he's a little hesitant because he doesn't trust his eyes and what he's seeing. It's like he's got the athletic ability to be there, he sees it. He just takes a beat a little late to process at times, and he gets a little lost when he's having to play in zone. But really good athlete. I think I've got a five on him, so you could definitely get him day three. But there's options there. I don't think that this changes things at all at linebacker. And again, like in the second round, we'll go through some options here. I went through and found three different mock draft scenarios. What would we like, I mean, if somebody's sitting there in the second or third round, if it's a junior Colton from Michigan or you know, an and Edgrin Cooper from Texas A and M. If he's the best player on your board there at fifty six, I don't think the Cowboys you're saying, oh no, Eric Kendricks is not Yeah, We're not going to go ahead and pull the trigger if they really like a guy like Edrian Cooper.
Speaker 2: From the day and M I agree.
Speaker 4: I think if Cooper's there at fifty six, that's almost like a BPA type pick that you would have to be able to make impair him in that room. Now, it kind of depends on what you do in the first round. We've talked about either tackle or center, and as free agency plays out, we're starting to get a clear picture of what exactly is going to be upfront next season. I still feel like tackle is the more bigger priority for me. You know, you have guys at center that can compete with each other and step in and get that starting opportunity. I don't feel like you have that at left tackle right now. Will it be perfect at center, absolutely not, and there's a good chance that doesn't work out, But I think it's a better chance it works out then if you roll out, what's there at left tackle? So for me, it's left tackle in the first round. Absolutely got to be able to have a guy that can plug and play.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of options.
Speaker 4: I think they're going to have to be really open mind as far as swift switching guys from right tackle to left tackle. You look at Tyler Gueyton, you look at Marius Mint and what they have brought to their respective teams. Do you feel comfortable moving them to left tackle. That'd be a question that they would have to ask themselves. We've talked about Jordan Morgan's short arms. Do it very comfortable leaving him out there at left tackle with guys that can get on his chest pretty easily?
Speaker 3: A lot of teams. I wonder if the Cowboys look at him as a guard and not a tackle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's certainly a question, and we talked a lot about it on Tuesday on the show. I think whatever team does draft him, they're gonna have to be okay with guys getting up on his chest, and they're gonna have to be okay with his power. If he can, if he can be able to mitigate that that deficiency. But I think with Jordan Morgan, he still does have the athleticism if he wanted to play out of tackle.
Speaker 2: But for me, he's a guard.
Speaker 4: I would rather see him at guard there in that phone booth type type range. But going back to priorities as far as first round goes, I'd be okay with the center if they drafted them, if they drafted one in the first round, but get that tackle, especially in this tackle class, make sure you get a good one that can step in it left tackle. I think you can figure out center either as the draft goes on or as a preseason goes on.
Speaker 3: With the two guys you got, I'm with you. I just feel forty two days away the closer we get that pick at twenty four. Unless you just completely get wiped, it's going to be an offensive tackle. And the two guys that I think I'm kind of looking at that they're probably gonna take would be Geidon Tyler Guiden from Oklahoma. But if Amarus Mims is there out of Georgia, yeah, I think that's the pick. The problem is, I think a Marius Mims my Texas tested his way into the top fifteen picks. I think there's a team that is looking at Amarus Mims and saying this could be the best tackle four years from now in a very rich tackle draft, and they're gonna go ahead and say he's too good to pass up. The one that's interesting to me if you were to fall is JC Latham out of Alabama. Because Latham, to me is a true right tackle. Do they feel as though you could kick him over to the left side. I just wonder if he's athletic enough. I love him, I absolutely do super consistent, beautiful kickout lateral movement. I think you can play a little high at times and depending on hand positioning, can get caught on the outside. But he is nasty. Absolutely love his play temperament that I think you can kick inside to guard more so than I think he could play left tackle. That's a big question with JAYC. Latham. I wonder if he's him and Kingsley shuaim At tiad A Byu I think are the two guys I'm looking at and saying, man, I think they might have to stay on the right side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a little difficult too, and I think this is really where the scouts will be tested as far as is there a guy that you see that has played right tackle mostly during his college career that you can feel comfortable playing on the left side. I mean, you mentioned Kingsley, Sue Mattia, you got Tyler Giden, you got let's see Amarus Mims, jayc Latham, I mean Talisi Fuaga, I mean all these guys primarily right tackle during their days. I mean, you can look at Patrick Paul if you feel comfortable moving on him in the second round.
Speaker 2: I know we've talked about him. There isn't as much comfort there.
Speaker 4: Jordan Morgan primarily left tackle, but we talked about the short arms a little bit. Graham Barton primarily left tackle at Duke, but he's an interior guy. We've talked about him as a center option and feeling comfortable with him being a center option. So there's going to be a lot that's going to be falling on these scouts as far as looking at these tackles and seeing what they seeing what they do at right tackle that can translate to the left side and they can swing one.
Speaker 3: Of the other positions that I wonder if for you, if you're thinking, Okay, we've talked about tackle, We've talked about center. How much of a pressing need is running back now becoming. With Tony Pollard gone to the Tennessee Titans in free agency, Cowboys still have not made a move at running back right now. Technically, Rico Daubel is still a free agent and out there and available. Is running back depending on what happens between now and the NFL Draft, becoming more of a pressing need to wear. Hey, at fifty six in the second round, there's a trade Benson from Florida State. Maybe you love Jonathan Brooks and they know more about the medical than any other team in the National Football League since their team doctor did that surgery. If they want him, they go ahead and say, hey, running back now is becoming more of a priority on our board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think so, regardless of what happens here in free agency, you're going to have to go get one in the draft, you would think. And as these days go on and these big running back come off the board, and you know, we talked about Zach Moss a little bit on the show these last few meet He was that dude that that was my guy as far as and his price went a little bit higher than the Cowboys expected. They were involved in those conversations up up until the very end, but eventually ended up with the Cincinnati Bengals on a four million dollars a year deal.
Speaker 2: So now you're looking at guys like JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 4: Are you comfortable with him coming off of all those injuries? Clyde Edwards, E Lair hasn't really been productive as a first round pick out of Kansas City, but it's still young at twenty four, Deonta Foreman, Ezekiel Elliott, Return, Alexander Madison. I mean, so there's still some young guys in the free agent market, but regardless, you're gonna have to go draft a guy that you can develop around whatever free agent pickup that you do make, because you need a young guy on a young contract for four years that can come in and be ready to bring you explosion out of that backfield.
Speaker 2: That's what Dak Prescott needs, us, what this offense needs.
Speaker 3: Good thing is and we've mentioned maybe not as good of a running back class as last year, but there's guys we like Jalen Wright. We joked about that out at Tennessee. Love him in the third round. If he were there, I would pull the trigger brayln Allen. Another guy that they talked with ATA Wisconsin big back six ' to two, Isaac Garndo out of Louisville. I think his gain in steam throughout this process than otdteric estimate, of course had a notre dame. I think he's also a very very intriguing player, A guy that I have seen and I know after the combine has got a lot of buzz is Tyrone and Tracy Junior from Purdue, and I'm not sure how much we've really given him time and talked about him on the draft show. That's a guy converted wide receiver, just spent his first year at running back, sixth year senior, spent his last two years at Purdue. Started his career at Iowa. I believe his first year was actually a community college and then he transferred. But you see the obviously he's got the wide receiver ability to run routes. He's shifting the open field. The issue is pass protection. You know, in that scenario where we were talking with Brian brought us in the g back Nation yesterday, Brian was arguing for AJ Dillon as a free agent addition because of his pass protection ability. Tracy junior or something. I don't think he can do it. He's just so raw. He just doesn't know what he's doing, yes, sliding and picking guys up, But my gosh, you can see the traits, the upside, the burst, the natural ability in open field. With Tyrone Tracy Junior five eleven to two h nine out of Purdue against Michigan. You know he's a guy that he tough s letting, but eventually you know he's gonna pop a big run throughout the game. So that's a name that I think teams are looking at Day three. If they don't end up taking one of their guys, maybe he could be a steal later rounds. The one running back I want to throw out there that I'm not super high on that I know people have been asking about is Jawar Jordan out of Louisville. I don't know how you feel about Jawar Jordan, but I did not love the tape on him. I mean, he's a guy in the red zone certainly, I mean, he showed some ability there, and he's also a bigger back like Braylan Allen. But I just didn't see a ton of upside compared to some of these other running backs that we've talked about.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I don't even think he's the best running back on his team coming out of this gem Yeah process, here's being firing up the highlights.
Speaker 2: Let's go Beam.
Speaker 4: I put in my notes he's a downhill runner with intriguing three down ability, although I don't trust it. And it's because whenever you see him run out into open field outside of the tackles, literally as he's running out in the open field here, but whenever you get him outside of the tackles, he doesn't have that consistent production that you would see out of Isaac Grindo or one of these other even one of these other big backs. And as I'm saying this, man, Beam's just firing out every outside run that he can find in the film back there.
Speaker 2: But I'm with you a little bit there. On Jawar Jordan.
Speaker 4: The one thing I might disagree with you with is I think he does have complimentary back potential. I think he can come in and be able to be a complimentary back in the system, just kind of depending on whatever back that you getting free agency. If you're looking at it from a Cowboys perspective, he might be an intriguing guy to have in those red zone red zone opportunities like you mentioned.
Speaker 3: And the receiving ability. You just saw a highlight there if you're watching it, he does have that to be able to help out. But to me, he's a guy that you know, I just I think in an outside zone scheme, those type of teams are gonna look at him, whether that's in San Francisco and Miami a Green Bay, they might look at him and be like, Okay, we love him, but I don't see a super physical guy to get a ton of push and short yardage, lacks some power, he's long. Apparently he's a really really good character guy as well, which I think teams are gonna like. He's probably gonna crush the meetings. But he's got some intriguing traits. But for me, there's just running backs in this draft class that I like a little bit more than Juwar Jordan running back into Louisville five ten, one eighty five. Okay, let's do some Twitter on the twenty coming up on the other side, and then I've got three different three round Monck scenarios. We're gonna go through these, which stack do we like better? Twitter on the twenty coming up. Next to the raft show rolls on.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 2: Snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll love for a first down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any long. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 7: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more lifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 8: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothieking wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch and that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is that Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: All right, it is time for one of the best segments in the history of the Draft show. Zach Wilchuck hanging out with Nick Harris with you on this Thursday, and we like to call that some Twitter on the twenty Twitter on. All right, Nick, you have taken on the responsibilities today for figuring out these draft questions. I hope we got some good ones today. Fire them off.
Speaker 2: Yeah we were.
Speaker 4: We didn't quite have Kyle's you know, presence on Twitter on the twenty this time around, but we still got some. We still got some good good questions here. This one comes from Joe Demeyo. Give me your favorite pairing of a veteran running back still available in free agency along with a draft pick for the Cowboys. His example was sign aj Dillon, draft Trey Benson. Take it wherever you gentlemen wish. I'm gonna let you start with this one.
Speaker 3: Zach Okay well, I do love Trey Benson. I think Trey Benson is the top running back in this year's draft. I am not super big on AJ Dillon. I think he is an injury prone back, but hey, that would be a good implement because I think Trey Benson is a three down back. For me, you look at his ability not only in the passing game. I love his running style. I think he's downhill. He certainly gives you some speed burst. I think he's got long speed home running ability, and I think he's actually solid in pass protection. But that's where A J. Dillon to me, excels. If you're looking for a complimentary guy, I think AJ Dillon can come in there and be a good pass pro. And then maybe you're looking at more of a speed player. But I'm in on that. I mean Trey Benson to me, he's the top back if you're drafting him. Eventually, he is going to be the workhorse back in your backfield. AJ Dillon is going to fall back into similar to what he was behind Chris Jones there at Green Bay. Eventually that's going to be Trey Benson's RB one job to lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and who was the free agent you're parenting with you, said AJ Dillon.
Speaker 3: Well, if I had to pair anybody with a free I think Dante Foreman. I think Dante Foreman is the one free agent pact that's out there right now that I would like to bring in. I think he's used to that. He's filled those roles in Carolina, he did it last year with Chicago. He's an unselfish player. I think he's also a very well rounded back. So I'd go Foreman paired with a Benson or a Jalen Wright or a Ray Davis out of Kentucky and adri est Tom whichever running back that you want to get. But Benson's without question. If I had to take any running back in this draft, he'd be my guy.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I'll say this, this is probably the all injury duo with JK. Dobbins and Jonathan Brooks, so that probably would not work out. I think the ceiling would be incredibly high with that duo, but that's not necessarily my pick. I am going to stick with Jonathan Brooks for this scenario though, and going to pair him up with AJ Dillon and look at being firing up Jonathan Brooks. I love what Jonathan Brooks brings and I think coming off of the injury, he will be just fine his recovery. We've been hearing things about it over and over again about how he's gonna be ready for training camp. He's going to be ready to step in whenever he's drafted and pick up things very quickly.
Speaker 2: Out of Halllettsville, Texas.
Speaker 4: There in Central Texas was a really productive runner, a top ten Texas high school football all time rusher, and then went to Texas, had the one year as a starter this past year and did really well and excelled. I think if he ended up finishishing the season, he would have been a big part of what they did in the playoff against Washington, maybe even helps push them to a win. But if you pair him with AJ Dillon, then AJ Dillon he can come to the building, he can bring you that veteran presence, and he kind of serves as a buffer for Jonathan Brooks to get healthy, to get one hundred percent back on the field. And I think by the time you're looking up week four, week five, you have a really talented backfield with Jonathan Brooks probably taking on the majority of the carries, and then you have a AJ Dillon that can take on most of the brute force and it can kind of take some take some stuff off of Jonathan Brooks's plate.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a really fun pairing.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting is in my notes I put for Jonathan Brooks is DeMarco Murray a crazy comp for him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see, I see where you're going with that. I see you re goal with that because he can get out an open field as the pass protection ability boy. Yeah, he's boom or bust. I understand where you're coming from there. This next one comes from Christian Conte. How likely is it that a center and a tackle are picked in the first three rounds? If that is the case, who would your ideal duo be? How likely is it? I mean I put it at like seventy percent? Man, I think you have to get as of right now where free agency stands, you have to get those two positions early on in the draft. You've got to have guys that can kind of come into those scenarios and be able to at least compete for a starting job. Who my ideal pairing would be, Gosh, it would be getting Amarus Mims throwing him out to left tackle, and then you're kind of hoping Zach Frazier's there at fifty six. But if he's not, I'm okay with Cedric Van Prang Granger in.
Speaker 3: The third man. That is tough. Yeah, I think I agree with you. I think it's very, very high. In fact, i'd go like eighty percent. I think that they're most likely coming away either picks one to two, one three. They're going offensive line. I think in the first round. I think, if I had to choose, I don't love this the way that it stretches with tackles as much as some others do. I mentioned the Yale offensive tackle I do like quite a bit if they had to wait on that. I'm with you on Mims, just to be different. If he fell, I don't think he did. My ideal solution would be Troy font Neu at a Washington, the offensive tackle. He's absolutely fantastic. I don't know if he'll fall. I've changed my opinion on him because I thought the opposite of Jordan Morgan. I thought font new is a guard and he has that build, But then he ended up being much taller at the combine when he went ahead and weighed in and he did his height weight, So to me, I think he can play tackle. He's got the athletic building. That was never a conversation for me. At center, I'm with Jon van Prant, the other guy, if indeed they get wiped, would be Bowlimber at Arkansas. I always come back to bow Limmer. I love the way that he competes. Is he a little bit smaller. Maybe people will watch what Devandre Sweat did to him there at the Senior ball. I don't know if you've got to see that rep. But he comes right back and he battles his rear off right afterwards. He's a dude. He's got great bass, strong anchor pad leverage is something that is just natural for him. I do love me some bow Limmer. If indeed you get wiped and you're not able to get some of these top centers, so that'd be a tandem that would excite me. Is fought new and Limmer.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is an interesting scenario here from Anthony O'Donnell. He says, in this scenario, you're trading back in the first and picking up a pick or two. Okay, if Sweat is still on the board around fifty or so, do you trade up and grab him with those extra two picks that you kind of have as a buffer to be able to do that? Now if you don't get extra picks. This is probably not a scenario, but a Devandre Sweat is sitting there and you see a defensive tackle with his size, with his ability that could definitely help you on day one.
Speaker 2: Do you do that in that scenario?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I think that I need my picks. Yeah, so I'm gonna say no. I like T. Sweat, but to me, he's not a player that I'm going to be aggressive to move up and get. To be honest, the defensive tackle that would get me a little bit more fired up that I'm saying. Goodness, gracious, I can't deny how delicious his tape is. Is Braydon Fisk from Florida State that guy. I mean, he's got some of the most eye popping, wowing tape that you will see in the entire class. I love T. Sweat. He's got a really really rare combination of size and speed. But his beamer's doing an excellent job going back and forth. Brydon Fisk is just a playmaker. I think you add an ability to come in wide, strong build inside the middle to help against the run, but he's got way more upside as a pass rusher. To me, he's violent, he's dominant, high character guy. Leader of that defense there at Florida State that was absolutely exceptional. I love Braydon Fisk. I'd consider moving up to go and get him. I don't think I would for Defandre Sweat. But the big thing is, I just think you need those picks and you could address defensive tackle if you wanted to a little bit later. And they look like that's where they're going to go because I know you did an excellent job hustle and trying to figure out some names. They were talking to, Mason Smith out of LSU being one of those guys, McKinley Jackson in a Texas A and m to me, those are early day three guys. I think that's where they're going to address defensive tackle. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Complete defensive tackle list that they interviewed at the combine formally Christiankin's out of Michigan, Brandon Dorles out of Oregon, to Andandre Sweat out of Texas, Rooque or Ro out of Clemson, McKinley Jackson out of Texas A and m Mason Smith out of La Shoe and Michael Hall Junior out of Ohio State, so they spend a lot of time at that position in Indianapolis. This next one comes from Anthony Gibbs. With the lack of free agent signings and missing the fourth fifth round pick, Granty, you get the fifth back in the comp but I see where you're going. Would you consider trading back from both your first and your second to gain extra picks? He says he feels like it's a must this year. I don't think it's a must. I think trading back in your in the first round, yeah, it's a high possibility. I think if you're looking there at pick twenty one and a lot of these tackles are flying off the board, Jackson Powers, Johnson's off the board, and you see an opportunity to move back three or four spots to still pick up a Graham Barton or still pick up a Jordan Morgan. I think that's a very very realistic option as we look up on April twenty fifth. But doing it in the second round, I don't necessarily feel that because whenever you look at the second round value and the guys that they can get at that pick at fifty six every single time, whether it be a Zach Frazier or a Eddrian Cooper to Andre Sweat, it's like, gosh, I wish we were about six picks earlier. And I don't feel like you're going to have that luxury whenever you're sitting there at fifty six, because if you move back three or four spots, you're probably going to miss out on three or four guys you.
Speaker 2: Would have drafted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think you can move back in the second round. I agree with your first round. I get it. There is a scenario where you can move back. Maybe you're still able to get a Tyler Guyton out of Oklahoma. You know another name in the second round that I think would be in play if he's there and you're not able to address center would be Christian Haines from Yukon. Yes, love me some Christian Haynes. I know you've been high on him as well. You know I do love Bebe as well. But I think Christian Haynes athletically would be able to kick over and play center better than Cooper Beebe would when you compare the two of them. So I don't think you can move back in the second round. I'm okay with sliding back a couple of picks. I've seen some mock trades that I do like with the Cowboys, specifically flipping maybe it's Buffalo there at twenty eight because I think that's where maybe you can still get Graham Barton in play and sign me up for that. I love me some Graham Barton. He's still the apple of my eye among these offensive linemen. So yeah, I mean I'm in on sliding back on day one. I think that's ultimately going to give you enough draft capital so you don't have to worry about that on day two.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Being firing up Christian Haynes here out of Ukon, we talked about his versatility as a guard but also playing at center, and he got some center reps at the Senior Bowl and shined in those in those reps. If y'all recall the Senior Bowl rep where Jordan Jefferson and him kind of got into it and Jordan Jefferson threw his helmet around. That was Christian Haynes, but a really high character.
Speaker 2: Dude as well. He'd be awesome off the field.
Speaker 4: Our next question here comes from my guy Brandon Lourie, He said, looking at a potential trade back scenario. As we're talking about trade back scenarios, you're on the clock. I picked number twenty four in your phone rings. It's to Baltimore Ravens. They lost the starting guard and traded their right tackle in free agency. Graham Barton and Amarius Men's are on the board, and you feel like they're going to take them. But Baltimore offers you picks thirty, so they have thirty in the first round and two fourths, which is one thirteen and one thirty five to trade back.
Speaker 2: Do you do it?
Speaker 4: Risking both offensive linemen not being their six and if you miss out it's an out of conference team. You might not feel so bad losing those players, but potential of losing Graham Barton and Amarius Mems picking up pick thirty and two fourth round picks.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not doing that one. It's Baltimore and you know that just good foot players always follow them every year we're doing this, we're looking well. Of course, of course that ends up being a Baltimore Raven. No, if Mary's Mems is there at twenty four, I'm running the card in I'm not hesitating. To me, He's probably the best case scenario if you want one of these offensive tackles, just because you look at the talent. The upside, if the Cowboys evaluate him and say, hey, that's our dude in the first round, they know what they're doing. They clearly hit on first round offensive linemen all the time. And his tape I get it. You know, that's a question I've been asking a lot the eight games. Does that make you nervous? Know, it doesn't, because when you look at the games that he played and you see the talent is there. Against Ohio State in that playoff matchup, he was absolutely outstanding. There's times where he gets out there in space and he's so darn big and athletic. I think he's just with the lack of awareness, in the lack of playing time where he's not sure who do I need a blog? But I think with coaching the upside, Amarus Mims has everything that you could possibly want in an offensive tackle skill set. I am not passing on him. If he's there at twenty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to lean no on this scenario as well. I'd probably maybe lean into it a little bit more if it was a third and a fourth or a second and a third.
Speaker 2: But what if either way?
Speaker 3: Is it which player is that's making you say I can't I can't get off of this? Is it Mems?
Speaker 2: It's Memes? Yeah? So it because I feel like Barton could be there at thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah I do too. I do too. If it's Mems sub him out with Geiton, are you willing to make the trade? Duh, Yeah, Mims is gone. It's Geiton or Barton.
Speaker 2: I still don't feel great about it. Gosh, that's tough. That was tough because I go back.
Speaker 3: I'll make the trade. Then I go back, and I'm not sold on Guiden as much as as some others, and I like him, but I feel much better if I were able to get an extra pick slide back. I'll take the risk on Mems because I think that the trades are rare with him. With Geyiton, I see definitely a player that played a lot more transferd from TCU to Oklahoma for those that don't know. But I'm not as optimistic and confident in his ability. I certainly would not be upset if he was to pick at twenty four. There's traits and things that I like about Guiden's game, but I'd feel much better about adding those picks and moving back in that scenario, it's Memes that I'm not wanting to get off of.
Speaker 4: Then I'll fall on the trust of my trusted mid south A scout A Zach walchok Am, I right, and I'll trade back.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do it dating, Let's do that.
Speaker 4: Let's let's get on the phone, Baltimore. We're gonna go ahead and make that trade. Rank Memes is off the board.
Speaker 3: We have any others? One more?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could throw it in one more. I'm going to kind of alter this question a little bit. This one comes from Mike Crimmins. He said, with the current contract situation, is there any chance had a quarterback in round one a round two?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: However, Day three Caleb Williams false.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe I've been seeing mock drafts that like see jayde and Daniels slide. I don't know if it's like a pff air or what, but he keeps showing up there twenty four. He's not gonna be there at twenty four, guys, I'm so sorry. If he's there at ten, I will do what Kyle did a few years back, whenever Ceede Lamb got drafted. I mean it's he's whatever he did. Yeah, actually I would die. I'm not gonna do that. I'm not shaking on that. Uh, kudos to Kyle. He's a better man than me. But I do want to talk about Day three quarterback options because I think there could.
Speaker 2: Be an opportunity to do that.
Speaker 4: Looking at Michael Pratt out of Tulane, that is someone that this the scouting department is taking a look at. He's productive in his years there in Uptown, New Orleans. He's productive, he's clean, he doesn't make any mistakes. He you look at all of the weapons that have come out of that offense, Ti J. Spears, Jakwan Jackson. He's a game manager, impressive pocket presence. He's gonna be on a fifty three man roster for whatever team drafts him. I'm a I'm a firm believer in that, and I think he's a fourth fifth round option that I think if he's sitting there and the Cowboys have addressed their needs, they're looking at looking around at the quarterback room, won a little bit more of a competition there. Go get a guy, a trusted guy like Michael Pratt, high floor guy that I think will start some games in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Agreed with you. I think if you they said on any of these top guys, Pratt is the dude for me. Another name, just just to throw out there that you might want to keep an eye on. Carter Bradley, quarterback from South Alabama. Just a small school player.
Speaker 2: I have a funny story about him. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: I like his moxie. I like the way he plays the game. I mean, he's a dude that the velocity. At times I'm like, Okay, how did that ball just get there? But he's able to make all the throws. He's got a little bit of mobility. I like the way he navigates the pocket. Carter Bradley, if you're just looking for a flyer, that would be a Day three pick. But there's no way Cowboys are taking somebody in the first or second round at the quarterback position in my opinion, unless there's just a rare scenario where somebody does have an Aaron Rodgers like slide. I don't see that happening in this year's draft.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The at the Senior Bowl, which is at the University of South Alabama, where Carter Bradley played. He I was talking with one of my scout friends kind of as we were walking in and we were watching the quarterbacks kind of warm up, and we're kind of like, Okay, that's that's so, and so, that's so, and so that's who's that?
Speaker 5: Yeah is that?
Speaker 4: Oh he's got a South Alabama hat on? So this is like to make a wish kid like, that's the That's what we were talking about. And then once they get going in practice and you see.
Speaker 3: This you can play six three.
Speaker 4: Minute and I kind of looked to it. I was like, hey man, this is not this is not that at all like this this kid can throw it. So yeah, I like Carter Bradley as well. I think he gets drafted.
Speaker 3: I'm also surprised Sam Hartman with the hair. You know, he's just not getting more ve Sam Hartboard far quad what what a crazy scenario. He was mocked to go in the first round a lot of the time when you were looking preseason, and now he's looking like maybe he's a six to seventh round pick. That's also a name that maybe a team, it'd probably be a solid backup throughout his entire career.
Speaker 2: I said that he won't win you a game, but he won't lose you on either.
Speaker 3: Right, Just a steady guy. You know what you're kind of going to get from him? All Right, there's another edition of Twitter on the twenty coming up next on the Draft Show. I'm excited about this. I went ahead, I did some work. I've got three different mock draft scenarios. Picket, which one do you want out of these stacks of three players? Will do that? Next year's The Draft Show rolls on.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 9: Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famery. If you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary, go where I went. Lasercare Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Lasercare I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see.
Speaker 9: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you. Hood Hout.
Speaker 7: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 3: Snapped the presscout of Look right, it's not there, pe escape flap. He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 6: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Runs.
Speaker 2: Scott's gonna run this ship. Shelf run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothieking wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issae or pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: All right, let's have some fun with this. We've got three different three round mock draft scenarios. I've put this together. I've even put some of the other options for each pick that we're still on the board. But first let's go through witch stack of three. Do you prefer here? Nick Harris mock Draft number one, twenty fourth pick, Cowboys take Tyler Geiton, offensive tackle out of Oklahoma. They circle back in the second round at fifty six, they take Junior Colson, linebacker out of Michigan and then in the third round, pick eighty seven, Trey Benson, running back out of Florida. So they get Geiton Colson Benson. That is a pretty nice stack of three players right there.
Speaker 2: I don't love Guiden, as we mentioned, but I like this pairing of players. Let's keep going here.
Speaker 3: Okay, number two scenario pick twenty four.
Speaker 2: Really quick? Do you think Benson's there in the third No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I don't think Benson makes to the third round. I think that's wishful thing. You can't get that. Mock draft pick twenty four, Brian Thomas, junior wide receiver out of LSU. Cowboys decide, Hey, maybe this is a scenario they're wiped out on tackle. We're gonna go with the wide receiver, the playmaker to stretch the field pick fifty six. Then they go with Trey Benson, running back at a Florida state. Think that's more likely. And in the third round, pick eighty seven, they address linebacker Cedric Gray, linebacker at North Carolina, which I know you like. You worry about his fit. Maybe you feel better about the fit now that they've addressed with the Rick Hendricks, we got Thomas Benson Gray.
Speaker 4: That was a question that was in the twitter on the twenty replies, I want to address that really quick. I do feel a little bit better with that. Okay, I'm with you. I do feel a little bit. I don't feel great still, but I feel a little bit better with that.
Speaker 3: I kind of love the idea of him learning under Kendricks. Yeah, that excites me a lot. Mock Draft three Troy Fotten New offensive tackle that old Washington at twenty four does slide to the Cowboys. Okay, fifty six they address center Cedric van Pranz center out of Georgia, and then at pick eighty seven Jonathan Brooks, running back in Texas. So your three sets here, You've got Geyiton, Colson, Benson, Bryan Thomas junior, Trey Benson, Cedric Gray, and then the offensive tackle font New, the center Van Pran and the running back Jonathan Brooks. All three fun scenarios. Then we can go through in debate, would we have still taken these players based on who else was available?
Speaker 2: Okay? With with scenario one here with Geyton Colson Benson, you're you're addressing some needs.
Speaker 4: You don't necessarily get your center. With the second one, with Thomas Junior, Benson Gray. You're not addressing a lot of needs at all. The offensive line is still very very much a big concern. You're gonna have to go into Day two, Day three with just straight offensive line and hope you hit on one or two of those. The third one you address both offensive line needs and you get a running back. Oh man, this one's tough. I'm gonna lean towards. I'm gonna lead towards this third one. Font New Van Pran Brooks, and I think if you gave me a better tackle than Guidon in that first scenario, then I'll probably roll with that one. But I trust Fontineau. I think he can come in and be a dog at left tackle. I also think he can kind of work with Tyler Smith to figure out who is the best left tackle slash left guard.
Speaker 2: Van Prant.
Speaker 4: I think with a year or two under his belt, he's going to be a really good starting center in this league. And then Jonathan Brooks, y'all know how I feel about him.
Speaker 2: So you address some needs, you get some high impact guys as far as year one, I will say though that that scenario too, I'm looking at it and I'm looking my chops a little bit, but you have to be okay with the fact that you probably don't make the playoffs next year if you draft those three gaps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because those three players are really really good. Yeah, I agree with you. I think that the best tackle, the best first round pick out of the bunch is Troy fott New the OFFENSEI tackle from Washington. I'm in on Van Pran to me. I mean, he's a guy that won back to back national championships and he anchored the center of that line. You've seen him go against some big body defensive tackles during the as you see holds his own. I think he's got some strength, maybe the athleticism, something you're not grading as high as Jackson power shots. Maybe even a Zach Frasier in this draft. But I like Van Prayn. I think he would be a solid option there at fifty six. I prefer him in the third round at eighty seven. Make fifty six might be a little high, I agree, but you might. You know, if you're looking at a situation where, look, all the centers are gone, I want to make sure I get one that's a solid option. Then Jonathan Brooks at eighty seven. I love. I think that's the sweet spot for him, if I don't have to reach and take him in the second because there's a run on running backs. If I can get Jonathan Brooks at eighty seven, I feel really really good about it.
Speaker 2: Do you don't feel like he's the first one off the board.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be Benson.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but I think he's first three at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they're the first two. But I think there's a debate. I think some teams might have Jonathan Brooks as their number one running back. I think a lot would if it weren't for the injury. I just wonder, and look, if he's going to be available for training camp and the medicals clear out, teams aren't worried about it. He very well could be the first one off the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: I think the running back run there in the second round, wherever it begins, I think it's going to kick off around forty to forty five. That's when you're going to see where these running backs are valued as far as the draft process and kind of how they play out. But Brooks being there at eighty seven, Yeah, that would be too good to pass up.
Speaker 3: Which one of those scenarios do you want to talk about? Who else was available? See if we agree with these picks.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Let's go with that first one, the first one. Okay, what tackle was available there at twenty four?
Speaker 3: So Geyton was the only tackle, but you did have Zach Frazier available the center from Western Michigan or West Virginia. Excuse me, Graham Barton was available from Duke and like to lot to Hedge from UCLA.
Speaker 2: It doesn't It doesn't make me bite, but that's fascinating.
Speaker 3: Which I wondered wonderfully.
Speaker 2: Sue a Matilla available.
Speaker 3: Kingsley, Sue Matia was available. Would you go Sue Matia over Geyton?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: But I think that's an opportunity where you could potentially trade back, pick up a couple of spots.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jordan Morgan was he available?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think that's an.
Speaker 4: Opportunity where you could trade back, pick a couple of picks, and and kind of plug.
Speaker 2: In Sue Matia as you as you feel necessary.
Speaker 4: But I like Guiden, I do would take I don't want to say that I'm out on Guiden. I just think he's going to take a little bit of development. He's going to really piss off some fans wherever he goes and in his rookie year. But I think as he develops and as he gets better, I think he's going to be an All pro And.
Speaker 3: In what way is he going to be ticking fans on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's it's a lack of development.
Speaker 4: It's a lack of experience there at the tackle position, especially if you're moving him to the left side. You just got to be able to account for those things.
Speaker 2: It's it's a little bit of all that he plays with.
Speaker 4: The high pad level guys are going to get under him, He's going to struggle against athletic pass rushers, and he's just gonna have to be able to kind of account for that.
Speaker 3: It's interesting. My highest graded player out of those is a lot too. So if I'm not window address on the board, Ryan Rodis would say, I'm taking light two a lot too. In that scenario, that doesn't make you bite at all.
Speaker 2: It does. You just don't need that in the first round, don't. But I mean don't. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see we're doing VPA, and we're doing VPA.
Speaker 2: Let's say you take a lots too.
Speaker 3: I've also got Barton ahead of Guiden, so I think it'd be between Bartner a lot too for me. And that's what you know in that scenario.
Speaker 2: Let's say you take a lot to a lot two Colson Benson. You have no offensive line that you know there, I know.
Speaker 3: You're you're pretty screwed. Yeah, okay, so here here's how this falls. All right. So let's let's say we took a lot too for fun, pick fifty six, they go junior Colson. You'll also have Kean Coleman wide receiver Florida State on the board.
Speaker 2: At fifty six.
Speaker 3: At fifty six, I know, shocking uh to Andre Sweat, Texas defensive tackle and Mike Sanders still the cornerback from Michigan hopefully I said his last name, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm taking uh oh Man. I think I'm still taking Colson there. But Sweat is making the sweat is making me go back and forth.
Speaker 3: Sw what's making Sweat.
Speaker 2: Is what's making me sweat a little bit. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, I'm gonna take Colson. I think he's more of the sure thing.
Speaker 3: If I'm going. Based on my board again, it's Coleman, and I know we're an addressed all needs. It's you know, if I'm if I'm not window drest and I'm going BPA. It's a lot too. It's Coleman that those would be my two picks for a Cowboys perspective, if I'm taking all things considered, Yeah, I'd be interested in Sweat to be honest, out of these three players, Sweat's my third. Yeah, which stinks, But I think for me, I'm going I gotta I gotta stay true, gotta stay true to the board. Here we look up four years from now, how are we feeling? This isn't about right now? I'm trying to draft some all pros law too, Coleman number three at when they take Benson, Patrick Paul tackle from Houston's available, Cedric van Prant center from George's available, Chris Abrams drain cornerback from Missoo.
Speaker 2: I don't think you could talk me into anything other than Benson here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now, even if we don't have any linemen, we've gone law to, We've gone you go tea Sweat.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: You kind of already given into the fact you just said you may as well just go ahead and take your running back you be able to run through the between the tackles, but he might in a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, I think in this scenario, you're right, Benson's my top guy, and I don't. I'm looking at this and I'm thinking, who the heck am I gonna have to block? But I guess we're gonna rock with TJ. Bass and Brock. Yeah, and we're just gonna line up and say, let's party. But I do love the players that we've got here.
Speaker 4: You touched on something a little bit, and I kind of want to make it a deeper conversation. Let's do it, because I think some fans are kind of looking at it a similar way. You look at how they've addressed free agency, You look at the needs around the around the building going into the draft that you would you there's still a lot to play out in free agency in the next couple of weeks. But let's say that they enter the draft with what we know right now. Do you plan for the future? Do you plan for this year? I think you plan more for the future, and that's the case.
Speaker 2: You look at a scenario too, with Brian Thomas Junior, trade Benson and Cedric Gray. You just say, hey man, we're just not.
Speaker 4: Gonna block this year because what's what's what's the point there? You go pick up your offensive line next year, but you have really good weapons and Brian Thomas Junior and Trade.
Speaker 2: Benson the bill for the future. I think it's a thought.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I'm I'm going in on that, but fans have addressed that on Twitter with me a little bit, and we've had some back and forth there. If you don't feel comfortable about, you know, the potential of the Cowboys going into twenty twenty four, and you don't feel like the needs can help get them to a super Bowl or wherever else they feel like they can reach, do you just start building for the future then. Granted, Jerry Jones did say that his definition of all in is drafting for this year. That was part of his definition is drafting for this year, not drafting for the future, not making.
Speaker 2: Moves for the future.
Speaker 4: So the likeliness of this happening probably not high, but I think I think it's something you think about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am future. I think that's how you have to address when you get caught into I am drafting for need in this year, and I think when this team has run into troubles where their drafts aren't as good as some others. Maybe last year you look at that, maybe they're saying, man, we got to get better against the run. Mazzie Smith's our pick, Man, we really need we lost Dalton Schultz, We've got to go out there. We will need a better blocking tight end. Luke schoon Maker's our pick. Right when you're starting to draft for need over trusting, good point, the evaluation and who we've got on our stack here, that's where you start to run into trouble. So, yeah, am I worried about how we're gonna line up? Maybe? But I know that that I've got football players that we've graded highly that I think we're going to look up and have the potential to be Pro Bowl, maybe all pros if we hit on them, and we're gonna feel really good because the needs that I have right now are not the same needs I'm gonna have next year. You're telling me you couldn't use another receiver? Is edge not a sneaky need for this football team?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: So you're still addressing your needs, You're just not maybe addressing your biggest glaring red flag weaknesses right now. But I think what the draft is all about, especially for this team, when it's drafting, developing, and then re signing your own that is a premium. Here with the Dallas Cowboys, we want to get to a second contract. You might not get that if you're going to reach for a player just because hey we really need a center. Oh, we really need an offensive tackle. If I've got like too lid to who I think is the best edge in this class fall to me at twenty four, I'm not passing them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you make some good points, Sarah. I think that's very valid to about law too. Specifically.
Speaker 4: You look around the bill, You look around the room, Dorrin's armstrong, Dante Fowler out with the out going to Washington, DeMarcus Lawrence is on the back end of his career. You know, you would like to have a guy that could be that primary edge rusher opposite of Michael Parsons as time goes on.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I wouldn't be upset with Lats.
Speaker 4: I think what I what I struggle with going any anywhere other than tackle in the first round is the fact that this tackle class is so deep, and I just I feel like you can get a guy there at twenty four, then in years past you would have to get it nineteen or eighteen.
Speaker 2: And I just feel like the value is really there, neat or not.
Speaker 4: I think it's and it just happens to be in need it works out for the team, But I think need or not going to get a tackle, especially if a good one like a Marius Mims, JC Latham. I'll throw in Tyler Guy and Jordan Morgan, Troy Fontnu. If one of those guys is there, take them, take.
Speaker 3: Them, and ultimately I think that's where it's going to be. And I lean taking an offensive lineman there at twenty four more than anything, but man, it just depends. It depends your slides there. The one I want to do with you real quick for we boggie out of here, that pick eighty seven in the second Mox scenario where they go Cedric Ray. The other three options Braylan Trice, Okay Edge, Ada Washington, Johnny Wilson Florida State receiver, and Blake korm running back from Michigan. Now obviously that would be Hey, you don't take Trey Benson in fifty six in that scenario and you take Cooper Bebee at an I, Mitchell, Johnny Newton, the defensive tackle from Illinois was sitting there. You go with one of those other options, and then you'd consider Blake Korm. But out of that stack of four, let's say you don't have a running back yet, so Korum's more in play. You didn't take Benson there in the second round. Out of those four guys, Gray, Trice, Wilson, Korum, who would you take?
Speaker 2: This is factoring in that Benson was not taken in the second round.
Speaker 3: Now, let's say you went Cooper bebe out a case.
Speaker 2: Okay, running through the four names again.
Speaker 3: Cedric Gray linebacker, North Carolina, Brayln Trice, Edge Washington, Johnny Wilson wide receiver Florida State, and Blake Korm running back Michigan.
Speaker 4: I'm between Gray and Koram here. I think I go Gray because I feel more comfortable about the running back depth on day three than I do a linebacker depth. Gosh, although I do feel like there's some good options there on day three as well. I'm okay with either pick. I really am. I think Grey gives you more longevity than Korm. We've talked about Korm. I love Korm, I do. I think there are concerns about how much, how many hits he can take, can't he get to a second contract? And if you're looking for a guy to get to a second contract, I think Cedric Gray is probably your better option.
Speaker 2: So in that case, i'd probably take Gray.
Speaker 4: But if you're looking for a guy then come in and immediately produce year one, then you take Korm. I think it's just kind of the The answer to that question kind of answers what it is for.
Speaker 3: The war room, right, I agree, I'm gonna go Cedric Gray. I think I've got him graded higher. Honestly, Brailan Trice would be in the conversation for me. I do like, right there, you don't love him. I know a lot of people that feel the same way as you do. I think in the third round of eighty seven, that's good value. He doesn't have a lot of bend, but Braylan Trice, I mean the motor that I like him a little bit more. I see more upside and potential in terms of the pass rushing there than some others. But ultimately I think i'd still go to Cedric Gray. So I agree with you there there's been fun man, Thank you for hanging out with.
Speaker 2: Hey, we gotta do this every show. We got to every out, Get out of boy.
Speaker 3: The rest of the crew will be back on Tuesday. Thank you so much to Chris Beam as always, of course U, Nick Harris, myself, Zach Walchuck, keep partying, keep mock drafting, hit us up on the socials. Appreciate you helping. That's a wrap for this edition of The Draft Show.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.