Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Friday, Covino on Rich right here in Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Covino dipped out a little early. I don't blame him.
Speaker 2: He's going to celebrate his parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary.
Speaker 1: Imagine that fifty years. My parents' fiftieth is coming up on the twentieth. Look at that. Look at that?
Speaker 2: I would say, to celebrate. They must really love each other years, you know, keep do it up with each other. I would say that older generation. I think a lot of them are married a long time because they just like, yeah, what am I gonna do?
Speaker 1: Any do? Love right? Love? All right?
Speaker 2: Well, Hey at Covino and Rich. We are doing it live from the Fox Sports Radio studio and with the iHeartRadio app, you can stream us whenever wherever. Shakira style. Catch us any twenty four to seven, and if you want to watch what you're hearing. Just join us on the YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash at Covino Enrich FSR.
Speaker 1: Now, in a little bit we are gonna play brain Wave your chance.
Speaker 2: To win a prize, and we're gonna go over weekend hobnob and what to watch this weekend in sports and entertainment. We'll get to all that, but first, if you want to chime in on anything we're talking about, Hey, most interactive show on Radio eight seven seven nine to nine on Fox. If you want to say, what's up? A couple of things I wrote down. I just want to cross off my little ADHD list of stuff I need to cross off or it's gonna bother me. Number one, I know it's easier said than done, and I'm not trying to sound like a do gooder. I'm not trying to sound.
Speaker 1: Like a.
Speaker 2: Righteous but do you know how easy it is to call an uber a lift or even a waymo? Now I'm not getting a way moo, but so many options car services that I hate to see. Ellen Brooks of the Phoenix Suns, you know, dealing with a dui, Britney Spears, Danny g like five minutes from your house, right yeah, Westlake Village, Britney spears the other night Dui and they're saying possible jail time. She's going to seek rehab between now in May to make sure all is good. But just a reminder, I know it's a pain the ass. You go out and have a couple of drinks. Uber lyft makes life so much easier. The last thing you need is to hey, put you or yourself or someone else in danger or you know, get in trouble. Like you don't need that, So be good, be safe, be smart. Uh Number two, as we're talking about the World Baseball Classic and my goodness, the excitement that Shoho Tani and Wan Soda. And by the way, you don't think it's frustrating for US Mets fans. I'm a Mets fan that Sodo's doing the Sodo shuffle again, something he didn't.
Speaker 1: Do at all last year.
Speaker 2: You know, the little in the batter's box where he crouches down a little Sodo shuffle. Yo, he didn't do that once last year, showing how much he truly must have hated Pete Alonzo, Brandon Nemo and maybe even still Francisco Lidendor.
Speaker 1: It bothers me.
Speaker 2: I feel like they need to go do an all inclusive vacation together over the next week or so before the season starts make amends. But when I see Juan Soto playing with a smile on his face with the antics, to me, it's like again I said it the other day, when you show someone what you're capable of, he can't turn back in a relationship. I mentioned it the other day. If you show your partner what you're capable of in the bedroom or where if you're captain romance, they know what you're capable. If you can't, then become a slouch again. So come on, Wan Soto, show up this year for the Mets. Your numbers were great last year, but bring the excitement to Queens. That's number two. But we're talking about these superstars that are making hundreds of millions of dollars. Show hey, o Tani Scooble, who just want his arbitration to deal with the Tigers. All the legends we speak of Dominican team is unbelievable. For the Dominican Republic team as a lineup that you're you would salivate over as a fan. But some of the other teams, do you know what these guys do off the field. So many of these guys have other jobs. Have you seen that A lot of these guys Danny g dan Byer that have regular gigs.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: I got I gotta. I gotta just tell you this because I found it.
Speaker 4: So, I mean they're they're plumbers like Bob you know Coozy played against I'm Coozy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like back in the day when you would hear like, oh, Mickey Mantle owned a car washer.
Speaker 1: We got a Whitey Ford owned a drug store. Listen to this.
Speaker 2: This is this is true story right now, this is on front off of sports.
Speaker 1: I found this.
Speaker 2: Team Chechia Chechnya and team uh yeah, Team check Ya, the Czech Republic team. Right here's some of the jobs that these guys have. Lucas Holock, he's a pitcher, but guess what else? He is a nuclear equipment manager. Hey, Marrick Menaik, he's pitching for this team. He's also a real estate agent. So if you if you need a good deal on a house called Marrick Andre Settoria one of the pitchers, get this electrical construction consultant. And Martin Schneider. He's pitching, but he's also a firefighter. So these guys on some of these other teams are playing for such pride. It's about the pride, it's about their home country. And I'll tell you he's not here today. But Cavino really did pull me into the accent because I was like, yeah, yeah, let's let's get the Mets, Yankees, Dodger and Phillies. Let's get the season going. But I'm gonna be locked in tonight because you see the passion. I just hope we could match the passion like William Escala, who's an outfielder and also a construction superintendent.
Speaker 4: I think that it says a lot for an event that we thought. Maybe I'm mischaracterizing, but I felt we didn't understand it early on that great, what is this just a just for a buck?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 4: Is that what this is all about? And now how it's transformed in the way that it has, And I don't underestimate on how important it is. I know it's through our lens as Americans, but you really needed the Americans to not win. And so with Japan winning three times in the US only winning once, I think has really helped. And you just talked about the Dominican Republics lineup.
Speaker 1: They're stacked. Yeah right, they're stacked.
Speaker 2: And you know what, you're right because I think when Team USA and the NBA Team USA in the Olympics, when it was your NBA Superstars early on those early dream teams.
Speaker 1: It was like Okay.
Speaker 2: After a while, you're like, okay, what are they gonna beat people by fifty or sixty today? Then when the rest of the world caught up and some players sat it out, and then the US started to get upset. Truthfully, it was better globally, and I think who doesn't like competition? The fact that the US is the favorite but they haven't won the last couple. Japan, the Dr Venezuela's got a squad, Puerto Rico's got a great team. I think it's gonna be a lot of fun, and I hope I was grammatically correct. Otherwise, Ryan Johnson, who's a utility infielder for check, is an English teacher.
Speaker 1: So it's on one, make sure I work cool.
Speaker 4: Would you would you want to see and would you want to see this happen in July?
Speaker 2: I know you're saying, like, like mid season you would have to restructure.
Speaker 1: I mean, would you would you be okay with your with Danny replacing the All Star Game, like replacing the All Star Game or home on.
Speaker 4: Derby that you take two weeks off, you have this during that time, because at first I would think like, there's no way that the teams would go for it. And then I thought to myself, well, if guys are being limited by their pitches now, would they be in a better shape to pitch in that sort of scenario. Would teams be actually more afraid because it's mid season of their guy getting hurt. I think that there would be less of a chance of that happening as opposed to what's happening now.
Speaker 1: Less of a chance of injury when they're in their groove mid season. Yes, correct.
Speaker 2: And also I think it all comes down to, unfortunately chitching. Is there a rev share with someone making money that matters? And if you told me like, oh, MLB is going to profit as far as you know these other countries and organizations, then yes, If if you took a two week break and somehow dipped into the regular season a little bit, the World Baseball Classic would be awesome.
Speaker 5: Dan Byer, I think your template would be best for the NBA and the NFL, Who's you know, Pro Bowl? And of course we hear all the junk now about the All Star break for the NBA as the dunk contest kind of fell literally fell on its back.
Speaker 1: Its man, there's still some value.
Speaker 4: I know you guys love to bushwhack at the home run derby, so like, there's no reason to get rid of the Baseball All Star Game. However, would this be a better product if it was in mid July and then you just have it.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool when you think about, like, I'm a Mets fan, right, Lindor would be playing for Puerto Rico Soto's on the dr team, you know, Crosstown, Aaron Judge for the Team USA, Bryce Harper Team USA. You start to see all these guys representing their home countries.
Speaker 1: I think it's sort of cool. Man.
Speaker 4: The other the other portion of it is, I look at it is just on a whole sports calendar. You could have it. We have the Olympics every four years, so twenty four, twenty eight, thirty two in the summer, World Cup runs opposite of that. Yes, Europe, you know, the European Soccer Championships are opposite of the World Cup, so they've got. There's like we could put up we could put this with the other countries in a year where there is no World Cup, there is no there is no Olympics, so like in twenty twenty seven, like this would be and then in twenty thirty one or the next one, and it's it's our summer international event that you're interested in.
Speaker 1: Look at that. I love it. dB. Put them on the committee. Just thrown it out there. Put them on the committee.
Speaker 2: Great job, great, Yeah, So all right, World Baseball Classic, don't don't drink it? Drive ho was oh my third point before you get to prade wave on a Friday, Danny g your raiders so much excitement. Fernando Mendoza, you you got rid of Gino Smith?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: That was an Yeah, that what's expected, I mean expected but official now, which means you're all in on Fernando. And if that's not the case, then I don't know what the heck's are going to go on. So Fernando Mendoza number one, pick you got gent Y, he got Bowers.
Speaker 1: By the way, would you be opposed to.
Speaker 2: A man that has served his time, Henry Ruggs, Would you be opposed to reinvestigating that when when that comes around, when that comes down.
Speaker 1: The pike, it's a sticky situation.
Speaker 2: Sir, you know, like served his time. When you know what I'm saying, it's an interesting one.
Speaker 5: We'll say no, but yeah, impartial, I think the team will have been well moved on past him by that point.
Speaker 2: So there is a lot of excitement in Vegas for a team that is, you know, bad enough to get the number one pick, but so much promise. Right, there's a lot of speculation that if you lose Max Crosby, it's like a it's like a punch in the gut. In fact, your former quarterback Derek Carr, what did he say?
Speaker 5: He said, you can't trade him. If you trade him, there's a hole in the heart and soul of your football team, your effort, your accountability. The Raiders have one of, if not the best des in the league.
Speaker 2: Can't you can't get rid of them?
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, I one hundred percent agree with that. But some of this just seems like there's so much smoke that there's definitely some fire there in the building.
Speaker 2: It was, it was it a long lasting dissension. When he was jumping on trampolines and showing hey, I could play, I mean while the Raiders were resting him.
Speaker 1: Is that was that?
Speaker 5: Just how this goes back further when other fan bases and other teams kind of like have wanted to will him off of the Raiders and onto their team, there have been traded.
Speaker 2: Forty nine fan pages have pictures of him and Nick Bosa like bro hugging, like dude.
Speaker 5: There's been photoshop pictures of him with every other jersey on. It feels like and you know, so when he did visibly get upset with the team when he couldn't play those last two games of the season, of course this turned in from a brush fire to a wildfire. Now the word has been that Spy Tech and company there Tom Brady, they want two first round picks and a player, And there's been word that, you know, there's some teams that are getting close to that but don't want to lose that much capital.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you could you could probably make an analogy for other things in life, but you know, when you're so close, you're so close, like don't leave before you're there, like like the really, you know, we turn the corner in this relationship or like, oh, the job you work out, I promise it's gonna be a merger or something.
Speaker 1: Everything's going to be good.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like the Raiders are so close to like giving Max Crosby, like, oh, you're on a team now that it matters. Don't leave now, Like don't you feel like Max Crosby leaving now just sucks for him in a way unless he goes to a team that's ready.
Speaker 5: He's been through a lot, so I get it. But as a longtime Raiders fan, for especially for the fandies, he is the Raiders. He has a big Raiders tattoo on him. He's been mister Raider like Tim Brown used to be prior to him. But what's really hard is this back and forth, which has not been a lot of back and forth because he's not saying anything right now. He's still showing up first in the building to work out. They say the last to leave. He still has his work ethic going. He's not getting on a microphone saying I want to leave. But yet he's letting this burn, this fire burn, and the Raiders' front office is not coming out saying we're slamming the door on this, We're not going to listen to offers. Instead, Spy Tech said, yeah, well, I'm gonna do my due diligence and listen to other teams.
Speaker 2: I mean, if the I mean everything as uh as mister Buxton stead in Pee Wee's Big Adventure, great reference, by the way, Everything's negotiable.
Speaker 1: Whatever he wanted pee Wee's bike, Everything is negotiable.
Speaker 2: If someone's like Danny, We'll give the Raiders a three number three first round picks.
Speaker 5: You be at that point, Richie, You're a hard core Niners fan. If the heart and soul of your team, Fred Warner was out there in the news like this and every team was making a push for him, wouldn't you want your leaders of your team to come out and say, no, it's not even on the table.
Speaker 2: Tell you what I guarantee, within one scroll of my phone, I can find the photoshop of him and Nick Bosa in matching forty nine Ers uniforms, because every team has them.
Speaker 4: But there's also the point, I mean, Mike Seahawks Russell Wilson for a long time was one of the only things going for them, and they were only going so far. And I know quarterback is a different situation, but it's a very apropos because of how valuable that position is. And while we see more quarterback movement now than we did previously, the thought of trading someone of the caliber of Russell Wilson at that time, whether the demise was already starting to see cracks, whatever the case is, it still is a very foreign concept. But the point is with the Seahawks is if we are going to win a championship, it is not going to be with Russell Wilson and the amount of money that we are paying him. And I think if you're the Raiders, by the time you turn it around, you may be more bullish on what their near future is than I am. But I just don't think that keeping Max Crosby is going to be the solution for them to reach the place that they want to read.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a great point. I'll give you the dumbest analogy. If you're read. If you're redesigning a room in your house, you don't redo your bathroom with a trend that might be on the way out, like you almost have to work ahead because you like, we're gonna have this bathroom for center twenty years. Like you if you pick something too trendy in now, it'll be outdated. And if Max Crosby's eating up a lot of money and you don't think you could win for a handful of years, like the Raiders are in the beginning of a really nice like rebuild, maybe like maybe it's better to get we could get a lot for this guy.
Speaker 5: I just think, would it take what would you give Max another two years in this situation? D Because yesterday evening Mike Harmon, he said basically what you said that, oh, by the Raiders. By the time the Raiders get things turned around, Max Crosby could be, you know, over the hill.
Speaker 1: He's twenty eight, he could be a thirty one time they finally get back to Like I.
Speaker 5: Mean with the NFL, you could turn things around quickly and knew, I know.
Speaker 1: You need a lot of luck help like like a guy like mendo he might need He might not have the insects success of like a Drake may Or, but it might be it might be Drake made two seasons. Sorry, but like it might take Mendoza a few years. Plus the offensive line needs to be rebuilt. What it might take several years? What if Mendoza lights it up? And Tom Brady and Spy Tech finally get this thing on the right track. And then Max Crosby's looking across the street like, dang it, I should have just waited one or two more seasons. I wish I wouldn't have made my kitchen white. I've heard the racist like Max Crosby going to the Bears would be like instant success.
Speaker 5: Bears are a great example. And I told Mike Carmen, because he's a Bears fan, I said, you know what, your your team is a great example of this. It was just a couple of seasons ago that you guys were the butt of a lot of jokes saying you were.
Speaker 1: One of the most but a couple of years ago. Yeah, but it took.
Speaker 5: A quarterback obviously in Caleb Williams, and a new coach and some other pieces to get them on the right track.
Speaker 4: The Bears radist connection that I look at is the Khalil macdeal, Like who did it really benefit?
Speaker 1: Ultimately?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Like the race unfortunately didn't make the most of the picks that they got in the deal, and the Bears didn't reach the heights that they had wanted to, So ultimately, I don't know who who won. Would it have been better for Kuil Mack to just stay a Raider the whole time? Well, I don't think so. I think they made the right move. I think both teams made the right move. They just didn't hit on their players. But that's the that's the risky take. The only trade that I remember that I actually thought that the guy never should be traded is the Luka Dancis trade, where I felt the Dallas Mavericks fans.
Speaker 1: Would rather lose with Luca than win without them.
Speaker 2: I think that's why that trades talked about so much, and it really hits us all weird, Like it wasn't like always past his prime. It wasn't like, oh they're doing it, just felt like, oh wow, we were in Vegas when it happens, and Danny Jewill back me up. Everyone in that casino was like, wait this real? What like it really? Even looking at it now, you're like, that's a weird trade.
Speaker 4: And I love I love Max Crosby, and I'd love if the Seahawks were in on Max Crosby. I don't think they can reach the price that the Raiders are asking. But the point is is is Max Crosby to the Raiders what Luca was to the MAVs.
Speaker 1: And I don't think so.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of Raiders have a lot of great players, so Max Crosby is one of them. But I just don't think he's in the category of you you pass this up because he's mister Raider, and I think that you have to trade him when his value is the highest or the highest it's going to be.
Speaker 1: That was Uh.
Speaker 2: Sometimes someone is mister whoever and it just might it's just not gonna work. Notably the Red Sox, the backlash they got when they said, yeah, we're gonna just get rid of Nomar. Nomar was like the he was the most popular Red Sox. They get rid of him and they had to go on to win the World Series for the first time in the you know, Gondred years. Sure, so sometimes you know you got to make that move. All right, listen, we're gonna play Brainwaven. Thank you guys. Good inside, it's it is interesting when you're when you're one of your main guys is on the trading block. Because I know Danny g every day with his Raiders gear comes in here thinking about Mendoza. On one hand, on the other hand, being like, well, can we keep my favorite player?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I just want the Crosby saga to be over. And by the way, could he beat up Logan Paul?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. I think so too.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're gonna play Brainwave. You're gonna win a prize if you could be on the same wavelength as everyone here in the studio. We played every Friday. It's a lot of fun if you want to get involved. Eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox. We'll play Brainwave next plus weekend Hobnobbin. We'll go over the calendar this weekend, what to watch in the world of sports and entertainment, what's streaming? So a lot of fun in the next half hour plus, So Hank tight More coven on Rich next. Now, is your business struggling to find qualified candidates?
Speaker 1: Well, you're not alone.
Speaker 2: Nearly half of the hiring decisions out there, they say top talent hard to find. It's a huge challenge. With the average cost of hiring someone closet to five thousand dollars nearing forty seven hundred dollars. Every employee is an investment. So if you want to hire differently, well, express employment pros got you hooked up. They'll save you time and money. Get started right now at expresspros dot Com. Also hidden fees with hiring, so there's loss productivity, endless interviews, and the impact on team morale could add up fast with Express, hiring is efficient. Keep that morale up. Go to visit expresspros dot com. Find the location near you. Express recruits all the talent in your local network and they get people at the center of the hiring process for your team. Don't let turn over slowly down focus on growing your business while you let Express find the talent you need from the warehouse to the front office. Express staffs all types of jobs, whether you need contract workers or full timers. Fast track you're hiring with Express. Visit expresspros dot com today. Express employment professionals building your workforce, supporting your success. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 6: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 6: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube. Again YouTube, just search odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Insane in the membrane in saying in the break all right.
Speaker 2: Doing it live Fox Sports Radio Coveno on Rich and don't let and deployee turnover slow down your business. Express Apployment Pros finds the talent you need to keep productivity on track from.
Speaker 1: The warehouse to the front office.
Speaker 2: Express staffs all types of jobs as at expresspros dot com today and for over forty years tire iraq, What's Up tirerac They've been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation, all this good stuff at tireck dot com the way tire buying should be. Hopefully, everyone's gear enough for an awesome weekend. I can't be the only dad that overthinks my kids sports.
Speaker 1: Like, honestly, I love it so much.
Speaker 2: You don't want to put pressure on and you don't want to be bat dad from Mike south Park, But I know you feel me. You think about your kids weekend sports and you're like, here we go I hope they do good and you overthink it.
Speaker 1: Don't be like me. All right, let's do this time for Brainwave.
Speaker 3: Do Covino and Race really share the same brain?
Speaker 2: Ch chatting?
Speaker 1: Chatny Rave something Sidness, Joe Demagic?
Speaker 3: Is their crew not far behind? We're one. Welcome to Brainwave. Try to make sense of the brain. It's easy. We drop fun, sports, music, and entertainment questions, and if you match with enough of these bosums, you win. I love that. On the count of three, reveal.
Speaker 1: Brainway O one, two, three, yea ten.
Speaker 3: Guys, you're on the same way plank right now?
Speaker 1: All right, Happy Friday.
Speaker 5: The questions in this game are all subjective.
Speaker 1: You just need to try and match the brain of CNR and the crew.
Speaker 5: Gonna get our contestant from the studio lines, and then I'll explain the rules.
Speaker 1: First one through Chuck at Arizona. Oh what's up, Chucky? So we feel like we know you a little bit? What do you do for a living there in as? I actually work for water for the town.
Speaker 3: And Gilbert I.
Speaker 1: Drink all right?
Speaker 2: I hope he treated nice.
Speaker 1: All right, here's how the game goes.
Speaker 5: I got five rounds ready, Our contestant needs to win two of them to be the champ and walk away with a.
Speaker 1: CNR price pack.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna ask a question and then give three debatable answers to choose from the five of us today in studio. Gonna write down our dry erase boards here the answers on them for the YouTube channel, and then on the count of three, Chuck is gonna shout out his answer and try to match at least three of us to win the round, or no matter the caller's answer, if all five of us in studio happen to match, it is an automatic round four.
Speaker 1: Chucky ready to go? All right? Yeah? Five today instead of saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Chucky, don't speak a phone, you want to pick up the phone for a second?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right? Round one.
Speaker 5: Let's start with a lifestyle category. Which of these three places should people never bring a small child? Formal weddings, an R rated movie, or an upscale restaurant?
Speaker 3: Ooh, the old.
Speaker 1: Man all the above? Oh I say it again.
Speaker 5: Which of these three places should people never bring a small child? Formal wedding, an R rated movie, or an upscale restaurant?
Speaker 1: They writing our answers down?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Rich Davis. We're going to start with you after we get Chuck's answer. On the counter of three Chuck one two three, he says, R rated movie.
Speaker 2: Rich Davis, you know what I've thought about this one long and hard because I love kids. I got two kids. I coach all these kids. They don't belong in weddings. I know they don't, But you knowwhere else they don't belong. They don't belong in fancy restaurants. But I think those two places are acceptable. You'd be a pretty crummy parent if you brought a little kid to an.
Speaker 1: R rated movie.
Speaker 2: You know my brother, I'll call him out. He's like, you know, I'm thinking about taking my kids to Scream seven. I'm like, and I think you're a moron.
Speaker 3: Can't do it?
Speaker 5: All right, Dan Bayer, let's say you all righted movie mag I mean right, needs one more to win the round. Here Ian is sitting for spot today Fellas.
Speaker 1: Already won.
Speaker 5: Wow, let's just find out, Yeah, find out what we said. I said wedding because I don't know the context of the rated R movie could just be for language or something.
Speaker 1: What'd you say, Sam, you know, not to Danny deviated there from what we've all been picking back. I went with our weight R rated movie as well.
Speaker 5: Are you do it? Yeah, don't do it, don't do it. I'm taking code a Sea Scream.
Speaker 1: So it's got a point on the board here, all.
Speaker 5: Right, halfway to a ce an our price pack. Let's go to sports for round two in an mm A cage fight?
Speaker 1: What would hurt worse?
Speaker 5: Sean Merriman kicking you in the face, punching you in the face, or kicking you in the stomach. He was on the show last hour, kicking you in the face. Sean Merriman, punching you in the face, or kicking you in the stomach.
Speaker 2: Are we all picturing these terrible things right now?
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, wha hurt worse? I don't know.
Speaker 5: All right, we're all writing our answers down, all right, and we'll go in reverse order this time. After Chuck gives us his answer one, two three.
Speaker 1: They gotta beat a stomach, so.
Speaker 5: A kick to the stomach. Yeah, okay, Iowa, Samuel.
Speaker 1: What say you? Well man, they're all they're all gonna suck. I went for the kick to the face. Kick to the face.
Speaker 5: I also said kick to the grill, all right, I said, two strikes.
Speaker 1: Ian I said kick to the face as well. Maybe we'll all not you. We're still open here, damn dayer. Let's make it four for four kick to the face. It all comes down to Rich Davis.
Speaker 2: I even drew a little picture of a foot.
Speaker 1: To the face. All right, yeah, well, hold on, it was too easy.
Speaker 5: Let's keep playing a couple just we'll do round three and Chuck in Arizona. If you can get this, we'll throw some extras into your prize pack.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Chuck picked up the rare backdoor point where you we are all the same brain brainway, but he was not. Gets a point for.
Speaker 3: It, lucky duck.
Speaker 1: Alright, und let's go to the music category.
Speaker 5: Of these three twenty twenty six nominees, who deserves to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame the most? Mariah Carey, Billy Idle or Phil.
Speaker 1: Collins rock and roll, rock and roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: But they're putting all kinds of To keep in mind, they put hip hop, rock, pop, everything in the Hall of Fame these days.
Speaker 5: Mariah Carey, Billy idyl or Phil Collins, it's broall gonna write our answers down Hill, right, everybody locked in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, locked in? Chuck on the counter, three one two three.
Speaker 3: I think one of these things are not like the other.
Speaker 1: Billy Idol, he says, Billy Idol. We start with Rich Davis. Oh you Dumbo, you dummy. I love you.
Speaker 2: But come on, Billy Idol's got some good songs. I like Billy Idol. He was great in the wedding singer. He's got some songs. It's a nast day for a white wedding. But are we forgetting like Mariah's dominance for like a whole decade.
Speaker 3: She has like more number.
Speaker 1: One than anyone pop. I don't even like Mariah. I'm not even a fan. But to deny, I agree, Yeah, I agree with you. But rock and roll?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I know rock and roll. But I'm just saying, man, I'm not even a Mariah fan. All right, Dan, But who's on the line, is it? It's Chuck Chuck.
Speaker 4: Okay, Chuck may be dancing with himself here because I want Phil Collins.
Speaker 1: Ian who's in for spot today? I'm with Dan. I want Phil Collins job. I also went the great Phil Collins.
Speaker 3: Rock and roll.
Speaker 5: He was part of Genesis, Come Iowa. Sam, and we're.
Speaker 1: This is just for extra bells and whistles here, right, But I did go with Phil Collins also, Rich blocked out, yeah for the back door cover.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got time for one last category?
Speaker 1: Is all right?
Speaker 5: The relationship category? Rich's favorite. If you found out that your partner who was in a serious relationship with you cheated, would you break things off immediately with no contact, accept their apology and give them a second chance, or get with their friend for revenge?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: If you found out that your partner who is in a serious relationship with you cheated, would you break things off immediately with no contact, accept their apology and give them another chance, or get with their friend for revenge?
Speaker 1: For all writing our answers down, this feels deeply personal. I don't know a brain wave here. Are married?
Speaker 5: Hey? Blame social media? That's where I do all my research for this category. I mean, Chucks already got this in the bag? Is alright, Chuck on the count of three, one two three?
Speaker 1: So, because I know most of you are married, I'm gonna go with the safe answer and say leave with no contact, no.
Speaker 5: Contact, Okay, And we will start with IOWA saying no contact, break things off, Samuel L.
Speaker 1: Johnson, and I am on the same brain wave as Chuck. Break it off? Now do it now? I am wait.
Speaker 2: I think this answer says a lot about everyone in this room, So I'm judging all of you secretly and openly in my mind.
Speaker 1: I agree with you too, I said by Felicia.
Speaker 4: By the way, if any of these significant others are listening, if you chose forgive, it's an automatic free pass.
Speaker 1: Right. You've already You've already shown your hand, have you? But you got dB break things off three in a row. dB answer.
Speaker 2: I got a different answer, and I'll tell you what if you got. I got two little kids in a very nice house and a lot of things and a lot of steak, and I like seeing my.
Speaker 1: Kids all the time. My wife's a really good woman.
Speaker 2: So that's why I think I could say this. I would forgive, knowing that I've gained a freebe oh free slip up.
Speaker 4: You live in a world that, yeah, I just don't relate to, doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: Then I'm like, all right, so now I would have to sell my house because you did something dumb.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just don to speak people too quick to be.
Speaker 3: Like I'm out.
Speaker 5: But you know, Chuck did win that round, so get some extras in the prize pack. So congratulations, a fat prize pack coming to Arizona.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you, appreciate you job, Chuck very much. All Right, hey, everyone, have a great weekend. Let's go to dB for an update. Dan Buyer, what's going on, Buddy?
Speaker 4: Fox Sports one World Baseball Classic playpool A Puerto Rico against Columbia. Scoreless right now in the bottom of the second ding. Puerto Rico one of four games. Tonight the United States takes on Brazil. That comes up at eight o'clock Eastern time. You will see that on Fox as they play in Houston tonight. In Boston, Celtics star Jason Tatum will make his season debut against the Mavericks, ten months after rupturing as Achilles tendon Lakers for Lebron James out tonight against the Pacers because of a left elbow contusion. He's also dealing with arthritis in his left foot. In college football, Former Michigan ed football coach to Ron Moore reached a plea deal with prosecutors following his arrest in December. A fellon the home invasion charge was dropped as he pled no contest to two misdemeanors and will be sentenced on April fourteenth. The Raiders every leased quarterback Gino Smith, while the Texans are letting go off running back Joe Mixon. Houston did sign Titan Dalton schultzen Is to a one year deal. Viking center Ryan Kelly announced his retirement from the NFL, while the Bears acquired Patriots center Garrett Bradberry for a fifth round pick in twenty twenty seven. Some college basketball, North Carolina freshman star Caleb Wilson will miss the rest of the season after fracturing his right thumb in practice on Thursday. Drake and Uic picked up upset wins in the Missouri Valley Conference quarterfinals today aka Arch Madness. Finally, Daniel Berger leads the Arnold Palmer Invitational at thirteen under par. He has a five shot lead over Akshay Battie. Rory McElroy is nine back at minus four, Scotty Scheffler ten back. He is at three under Rich back to.
Speaker 2: You, Thank you, Dan Bayer. By the way, that was a fun game, brainwave, really fun. By the way, contusion am I the only one of the things that word doesn't sound like what it really is. I feel like it's a black and bruce like to me, like contusion sounds way more serious. Lebron's not playing tonight because he's got a bruce, Like you gotta be a little black and blue.
Speaker 1: On his on his give little lumps. But I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I'm not the smartest my own Forrest gumb style, But I feel like that word doesn't match, Like contusion sounds like.
Speaker 1: Oh, it sounds like it's causing you confusion, like contusions Land of Contusion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Land, How could I talk after that?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: We got more convene on Rich and brainwave is over. We got weekend hobnobbin What to do this weekend? Next right here on Fox Sports. Right, he'll Land a contusion?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: If you're ready to tackle your financial gains and goal with we Bawl, you don't have to sit on the sidelines, whether you're a rookie or prode investing. We Bowl puts you in the game with tools that could help you make the moves you want, trade stocks, options, ETFs, or you can put a long game with cash management and retirement accounts, all on one platform. We Bowl's app pairs advanced analytics with real time data, so you could read the defense, adjust your strategy, and you could use AI Assistant. Now Vega is there. You could ask things like Hey, Vega, what's the outlook for the stock? Or hey, can you analyze my watch list? And you get real time stock analysis, volatility insights, and if you want a bigger scope of the field, use portfolio x ray. You could spot trends, manage risk, and optimize the performance of your portfolio. Stop punting away your financial future. Join we Bowl's community to discuss markets, trending topics and ideas with fellow investors. Download the we bowl app today on mobile or desktop. We Bowl, we bu lll or visit we bowl dot com.
Speaker 7: We both Financial LLE member SAPCFENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit weepule dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash disclosures, man Lebron's and a Lands of contusions.
Speaker 1: Not playing tonight, good one, damn buyer.
Speaker 2: Hey, It's convene on Rich Fox Sports Ready on a Friday Live from the FSR studio and your next success can begin sooner than you think.
Speaker 1: Put your goals within reach.
Speaker 2: At the University of Maryland Global Campus an accredited state university undergrad and most classes. Graduate classes start March eleventh. And more info you can get right now at UMGC dot e du. That's UMGC dot du. And if you're ready to tackle your financial goals, we Bowl makes it simple to start investing. Are you investing? Powerful tools, real time data, all in one app. Get started at wee bowl dot com or download the wee Bowl app today.
Speaker 7: We bol Financial LLC in member SAPCFENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit weepule dot com com. Slash disclosures now something we'd do every Friday. We're gonna get to in a second. But dB, you got something just.
Speaker 4: Quickly because of Sam and the podcast. Can't hear it playing Land of Confusion? Do you remember not liking songs as much because he didn't like the videos. That was the one with the government leader puppets.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That as a kid, I just couldn't relate to. So I didn't like the song as much because I didn't like the video as much.
Speaker 1: That a great topic in itself, Yes, I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: From a radio nerd perspective, you guys came up in the sports radio world, Danny, you and I both worked, you know, at times in the music radio world. There were songs I didn't like because they didn't have an intro, like I couldn't talk over them like they.
Speaker 1: Started their words.
Speaker 2: So I always had to be really quick with what I was saying, like, hey, yeah, here's Green Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But DV that's a great point because we were little kids, and I remember that video was creepy. We just thought it was a creepy video. Yeah, it just didn't didn't resonate. So I didn't like the songs.
Speaker 4: But so it would come on MTV and be like, oh, but now listening to it just on the radio, you're like.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, what a good song.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Cavino, who's not here today, He'll be back on Monday. He has a theory that you can listen to music you liked as a kid and all of a sudden gain a whole new appreciation for a song, Like there's a song that you might have just you know, you might have had on a random mixtape or something. I have songs, okay, and it might just hit you different as an adult. Maybe it makes you think of your kids or a relationship or or It just might hit you different as an adult, So don't be shocked if an old song come back, comes back and hit you.
Speaker 1: It happens.
Speaker 2: All right, here's what you gotta watch this weekend. Weekend hob Nobbed, Come on in for the weekend.
Speaker 3: You're winning bets for talking points. If you get stuck socialize.
Speaker 1: You ever done anything dangerous?
Speaker 3: You ever dance with the devil in the pale line? Friday brings us weekend hob Nobby.
Speaker 2: Hob Nobbin begins tonight, Team USA. You will say usay take it on Brazil. Like I said before, they might win in a booty contest. But as far as baseball goes Logan Web on the Hill, Aaron Judge trying to make a statement. He has to you see what Soto's doing for the dr and Otani hitting Grand Salamis from Japan. So Team USA eight pm Eastern, about an hour and ten minutes from now, first Pitch World Baseball Class. You gotta keep your eye on that this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just looking on Netflix and trending number two right now behind Bridgerton, which I'm sure a lot of wives and girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Want to watch. Vladimir. It looks like a hot and heavy drama.
Speaker 2: I don't you know, you know one of those where it's like the trailers just like hot women, like stripping.
Speaker 1: Anyway you might want to check out. Is that about Vladimir Putin? It's called Vladimir. I think that's how they hook you, or like Volodomero Zolensky, I mean the president of Ukraine. I mean, is this related to the war?
Speaker 2: And I think what you're saying has nothing to do.
Speaker 1: It's just called Vladimir.
Speaker 2: I think it's called Latimir that names in the news, like maybe it's a sultry life of Vladimir Putin.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: How about a friend and a murderer for those those people that love like the crime stuff? A limited new crime series, comedy specials Bruce Bruce has a new one, and Taylor Tomlinson, she's hilarious. She's got one. And as far as other things, I need to catch up on Danny Paradise if people are not on board or ready four episodes deep season one was awesome and a lot of people don't even realize it's back Paradise. You can catch on Hulu. Sterling K.
Speaker 1: Brown.
Speaker 5: So many streaming services. That's why we don't even check our Hulu that often.
Speaker 2: No, sometimes you're like, oh wait, that's back, so definitely worth checking out. And I think this is the weekend one of the best shows of the last decade on Apple TV. I think I'm going to start binging the third season Shrinking with Harrison Ford and this season Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox.
Speaker 2: I know I'm late to the party, but sometimes you know that feeling you want to let a couple episodes build up and then bingam. That's where we're at. So that's what I'm.
Speaker 5: Watching, all right. I got two on Netflix for you, A New Steven and an Old Steven. The new one Steven Spielberg The Dinosaurs four episode documentary series released today and it features cutting edge CGI and it's narrated by the great Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 1: Oh it's gonna be awesome and to watch with your kid. Yeah, not the mama, Oh no, not that DNA. Sorry.
Speaker 5: And then he's on an old Stephen King novel. This show's from twenty sixteen, but it's found a whole new audience now that it's on Netflix. Eleven twenty two sixty three, starring James Franco and Sarah goadon Franco goes back in a time machine to try to stop the jfk assassination.
Speaker 2: I watched it first time around and I totally forgot some of the parts, so I actually watched the first episode again. Such a good show. Oh really, really is? I would say, what's on your radar?
Speaker 1: So the oscars are coming up a week from Sunday, and I have some work to do, so I'm gonna be on Netflix watching two movies that I haven't seen yet, Train Dreams and also Frankenstein, which I know a lot of people have seen so far. There's also a lot of great college basketball, and conference tournaments are kind of getting regular season for men is wrapping up. Women's college conference sermons are in full swing.
Speaker 2: And if you got little kiddos, I said, there's a ton of movies that are gonna be out this spring and summer. This weekend, they're expecting big things from Hoppers, where the cartoon character goes in the body of an animal and the realizes all the animal can talk, very very Doctor Dolittle like, but expect that to do big numbers. And if you need to bring your kiddo to the theater and you want to get out and do something. Hoppers, they're saying, probably gonna make a ton of dough this weekend. Thank you guys for hanging. Thank you guys for filling in the gaps where Cavino's away until Monday.
Speaker 1: Ariba, there't you baby? Sure you in the promise Land.
Speaker 3: Come bye, guys,