Speaker 1: First Day to follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com.
Speaker 2: Kyle is on the phone today for our first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by Lindsay. So in a few minutes we're gonna call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Kyle, how long has it been since you heard from Lindsay.
Speaker 3: It's been about it been about ten days. Okay, it's been a little bit of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I'm getting a little nervous about it, but I'm really hoping I can get some kind of answer because it was great. It felt like such a great first start, and I really had like a great feeling about her. I think I just think Leanta bed awesome. I get nervous on some dates, and I feel like this was very low key kind to hang out. I think a lot of people get nervous on first dates sometimes, so you know, we took it really just chill, and that was kind of the vibe we agreed on. And I that's what I prefer for initial no. When you meet someone and you know no, there's no like you don't have to feel it obligated to do anything or say anything.
Speaker 3: Essentially just kind of like a as you come and it was good.
Speaker 4: We we basically we we actually went to some food trucks and you know, got.
Speaker 3: Food and we're just getting to know each other. And as the afternoon.
Speaker 4: Went on, we actually ended up kind of like stargazing a little bit in the park because we just we just kept talking and like the sun was setting and I realized, I'm like, oh crap, like three hours have gone by.
Speaker 3: So it was it was nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and she just she just made me feel very what's the word, very very grounded.
Speaker 3: I would say. And I just.
Speaker 4: Felt like she's just like someone I could see myself like spending a lot of time with where I'm like, oh, yeah, you just you know, a good like partner kind of in crime kind of thing.
Speaker 3: So that was awesome.
Speaker 4: And I honestly, I'm a little worried that I said something dumb because I tend to just kind of talk on and on and on when I get nervous or I don't know really what to say or do.
Speaker 3: But the good thing is we eventually went back.
Speaker 4: To my car and I was gonna, you know, drive her home before we did, you know, there was a bit of a vibe, you know, and in a good way. There kind of was this chemistry and we ended up making out for a good like five ten minutes. So it was it was really really nice, you know, it was it was hot, it was really really fun. But since then I have not heard from her. I've only sent her like a couple of messages, like maybe three messages I think, maybe like a like a thanks so much, I had such a great time, and then like a day or two later I sent her like a hey, how's it going, And then still nothing, and then the most recent message.
Speaker 3: Was like yesterday, So it's been a little while.
Speaker 4: But the last ones I sent her was just like a like a real on Instagram Okay, but yeah I sent it to her and still no answer. And if she's not feeling it, that's that's fine, I guess, but I was. I'd be a little let down, especially because I don't she doesn't seem like the kind of person that would just like totally drop off. Like she's active on Instagram still, like we spokley follow each other and so.
Speaker 5: You are seeing her interact and do things socially but she hasn't texted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's like posted on her story, you know. But I'm like, I get the people will get busy, Like I understand, like if I if I open up my phone after like a long day of work, and like I have like twenty text und years for different people, it's overwhelming and I don't want to answer them initially, you know, because it steals daunting.
Speaker 5: Let's go back to what you said, Kyle, because it sounds like, you know, you were having a good time. But what do you think you said that could potentially be what threw her off?
Speaker 4: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: And did it happened before or after the makeout?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess I didn't.
Speaker 4: I think I said anything. Honestly, I don't think I said anything inappropriate. I just think that we're like offensive. I just think that, to be honest, I think I could imagine myself like kind of rambling on to a point where she's like, all right, this guy's a little annoying.
Speaker 5: You know, So did you let her get any words in?
Speaker 3: I tried to. I tried to.
Speaker 4: I know it's not something I'm great at, but I mean it's not for any lack.
Speaker 3: Of liking her I really like her.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I'm she might have felt a little like steamrolled by me in conversation.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Okay, we'll find out if you steamroll her just a second, like not in the good.
Speaker 3: Way I saw him.
Speaker 2: Come back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another day in your first day follow up.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, thanks so much, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, I'll come back be your first day follow up next if you're just joining us for today's first day follow up. Kyle is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Lindsey. So we're about to call her and ask or why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Kyle, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 5: Oh jeez.
Speaker 4: I went on a really really great first date little Envy, really low key. We just got food and just really talked and got to know each other and it was so easy and nice, and we went stargazing basically, and I had a great time. We made out for like five minutes straight.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 4: And I have not heard from her since, so I'm a little worried, and you think it might be because you maybe talked too much steamrolled there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think it's. The technical term is diarrhea of the mouse. I just I ramble. So I'm afraid about that, but I don't know who knows. Okay, well, are you ready for us to call her? All right? Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 4: Let's here.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, massweak to Lindsay. Please, yes speaking, Hey Lindsay, how are you. My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jewbil Show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Lindsay, whole shows Here.
Speaker 3: I'm Nina, Hi, and I'm Victoria. Hi. Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 6: It's familiar? Yeah, I mean I think off and on.
Speaker 3: Okay, sweet, Well, we do a segment on our show. It's called the first Date follow Up.
Speaker 2: That's where if you go on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. And we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, are you go seeing somebody?
Speaker 6: Well? Is this about Kyle?
Speaker 2: It's about Kyle? Yes, Oh, Kyle told us about your date. He said he really liked you. But he's confused. He said, it's been like ten days and you haven't talked to him.
Speaker 6: Well, it was it was a really it was a really nice date. I mean, Kyle is a real sweetheart. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm talking about this on the radio. The date was was really nice. Kyle's a really really sweet guy. He really is.
Speaker 3: So why are you ghosting him?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's not about him exactly, it's just, to be honest, it was about the car snacks, like the snacks.
Speaker 6: He has enough car.
Speaker 3: You're not calling him back because of car snacks.
Speaker 6: No, No, I mean that sounds bad. I know.
Speaker 1: It's just more of like we made out because there was some chemistry there. And when we were making out, I kept tasting sour cream.
Speaker 6: And onion chips. Oh, couldn't get past it. It was like kissing the chips. It was just it was a lot. It was a lot.
Speaker 5: It is kind of weird though, whever you kiss somebody and you taste anything though, so but you didn't think that, you know, if he had a mint or gum or like you kind of next time you went to kiss him, there's like some mouthwash or something. Like you can't get past sour cream and onion.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I mean I said to him at the time, I said, hey, you know, do you want to I have some gum in my purse.
Speaker 3: Do you want to have some of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know, but I said, and he said yeah, okay, and he had some and it just didn't really help.
Speaker 6: And I could still taste the chips.
Speaker 5: Did he just get chips like? Or is that a lingering thing? And he just happens to taste like sour creaman onion where she would have known if you had just ate the chips.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not the worst flavor, but you know, when you're kissing someone, you don't really want to be tasting sour cream and onions.
Speaker 2: Like I could think of worse things to taste like, but it would be distracting because I would be thinking about snacks.
Speaker 3: Very distracting the whole time I'm kissing.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that's the reason you're not calling him back because of his sour cream and onion breath.
Speaker 6: Honestly, yeah, that's really the reason why.
Speaker 3: Huh Okay, Well, thank you for being honest.
Speaker 2: I have to let you know, now, lindsay that Kyle is actually on the phone listening and he wants to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Okay, hi Kyle, Hi, Well this is this is worse than I could have even imagined.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. I don't know if they told you, but I was.
Speaker 4: I was really worried that I had just you know, talked and talked and talking to death and you were, you know, annoyed with me or just over the whole thing.
Speaker 3: And and I never in.
Speaker 4: My life imagined that it would have been that my breath was bad. And I am so absolutely mortified. I am so sorry.
Speaker 3: She didn't say it was bad. Yeah, she actually said it was pretty good.
Speaker 2: But just like you know, you can't hide too many chips like that, then you do start get tired of them.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's it's it's my laze, you know, sour cream on onion.
Speaker 4: But those are like my like go to I always have like a little like mini bag like in the car, I you know, when I go on long drives and stuff, traveled to see my parents, so it's you know, sometimes I gotta throw some snacks in the carpet.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I really am. I should have thought about that, and I don't know what the hell I was doing. But did you eat sour cream chips before the date? I did eat those before the date.
Speaker 4: I also just you generally usually carry a little kind of bag in my pocket.
Speaker 2: You know, but you love sour cream and onion chips more than anybody I've ever hed.
Speaker 3: It's like a binkie.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, it's not always sour cream. Sometimes it's barbecue, sometimes it's ranch. You know, who's who's to say?
Speaker 4: But I will say, you know what.
Speaker 3: I know it's a little strange.
Speaker 4: But if you ever, you know, need of a snack, bunch, sugars, low or anything, I'm your guy.
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 6: He's a literal.
Speaker 3: Lindsey. What do you think about that?
Speaker 6: I guess it's is sure.
Speaker 1: You know, it's nice to have someone around who always have snacks.
Speaker 6: I'll give you that. I'll give you that.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: I'm totally fine also being told my breath.
Speaker 3: Is bad, you know, it helps me fix it.
Speaker 4: If if my breath smells like sour cream or barbecue or cool ranch or you know, any of those. Really we're one of the other flavors. Doesn't matter, Just tell me and I'll fix it. I'm okay being that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lindsey, Well, would you like to go on another date with Kyle?
Speaker 2: Will pay for it and you tell you have complete freedom to tell him if he's got flaming hot cheeto breath?
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose yes, if I have that freedom, and if you promise to avoid you know, maybe the tower creaman onion next time.
Speaker 6: I think that'd be nice.
Speaker 4: I just want you to know I'll be I'll be brushing, I'll be mouthwashing, washing. I got everything, I got mentos, I got I got all the stuff everything, I'll be ready.
Speaker 6: I think that would be very fun, Kyle. I think it'd be fun.
Speaker 1: And you know what, if you are going to bring a snack, my favorite is goldfish, just so you know, you know.
Speaker 3: What you want goldfish. You got goldfish. I'm doing it all right. Congratulations, Kyle, you got another date. Thank you guys so much. Appreciate it. Yeah, jud first date