Speaker 1: I watched Megalopolis instead, Oh how bad? Was just so bad? It's good or so bad? It's fucking infurio.
Speaker 2: It's pretty tedious, but the tedium makes it so that there's like two very very funny and insane parts near the end that are like the hardest I laughed in a theater because I.
Speaker 3: Was so like, I'll save I'll save my line.
Speaker 1: I gotta I got a line prepared for why I watched Megalopolis instead of the uh, instead of the debate. Oh pretty, it's pretty. I mean it's just like, you know, a crazy rich man got to do whatever the fuck you wanted, and a crazy old rich man exactly. Yeah, like the dying fart from a boomer corpse as a film. Yeah, and Myles, I'm not sure we got a cold open up, so none of the I thought to talk about Megalopolis. Oh maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Was there a big left there?
Speaker 1: Usually usually there's like a huge last whoa whoa Okay, hey, whoa whoa wait? I mean, well, hello the Internet and welcome to season three fifty eight, Episode four of the Dailies. I GUIs the production of My Heart Radio and uh for people to say, who is this mysterious undecided podcast voter. It could be us, or could be someone who's just grifting, or could be something that New York Times likes to create. To be like, some people don't understand what is happening in our world, allow us to explain. But this is also the podcast we take a deep.
Speaker 3: Dive into America's shared consciousness.
Speaker 1: And it is Thursday, October third, which means it's National Techies Day and National Boyfriend Day that that's used to we have a lot more things, but I guess I don't. I think it looks the picture is of a dude who has an iPad, laptop and computer in front of him. So if that's you, shout out to you. This feels like an Alpha and Omega situation. No, Techi's Day and Boyfriend's Day just encompasses all of creation right right right, every everything, everything is is all all entities.
Speaker 5: October third also the day from Mean Girls.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm gonna just I'm gonna trust you on that, You know what I mean? Yeah, you're right, absolutely right.
Speaker 4: See, I just don't want people going off on you in the comments.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm pretty sure last year, I fucking missed it and then people are like, yo, is he okay? Like the actual holiday was mean.
Speaker 4: Girls, are you paying attention at all?
Speaker 3: So sorry?
Speaker 1: When that movie came out, I was at the height of my ignorance as a college student, thinking he knew fucking everything there was to be known, and I was like, freaking relax, okay, anyway, I'm your host. It's not Jack today. Jack is out sick. As some of you may have heard, I said, I clocked it yesterday on the show.
Speaker 3: I was like, bro, I hear something.
Speaker 1: I hear something, And it turns out today he needed a little bit of a break. And that's why it's your host with the most miles great aka the Lord of Lankersham, the showgun with no gun, the podcaster with micro buns that are you know, slowly getting more round and strong as I exercise on my bike more because the podcast but is a real thing. It is a condition that many of us are afflicted to win. But I am thrilled to be joined by my co host, a wonderful person, somebody who is a fantastic cook, a fantastic okay, writer, producer. You know, I guess I'll say elder Hey when I was looking at comedy, so.
Speaker 3: This was years ago. Years ago.
Speaker 1: You always stressed that part. Also a fantastic podcaster you probably know you must know from you as this racist. Please welcome my friend, our co host, mister.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 6: I uh signed on too late to do the podcast to get an ak in the chamber, so aka doctor unprepared as usual. I'm glad you you made violating Jack's like uh doing a hip a violation on Jack part of the content.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the key.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean I call it transparency. You know, some people call it the hip of violation, you know, legal faux pa. But I'm just saying I'm just trying to be open and honest, y'all.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: That's why I got a stackfull FBI files that the person who used to live here left behind that I'm going to be revealing very soon and the truths within will shock you. But anyway, Andrew, you've been good. Yeah, I'm alive. I watched I've been watching some pretty wild movies in the last week. I'll trickle out this informa as the episode continues, a consummate professional. Well, then, let's welcome our guests. Today in our third seat. A talented comedian, writer actor. You may have seen them appear on places like The Late Late Show with James Cordon or perhaps I don't know, Comedy Central stand up features. I don't know, maybe the wonderful Don't Tell Me comedy shows that are around. People are like, where's the Don't Tell Show at?
Speaker 3: How do I get in?
Speaker 1: How do I know about this?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 1: Our guest has been everywhere, seeing them on Heathers, seeing him on Corporate writing episodes of Corporate. Also also I think one of the nearest and dearest swifties to this show's heart. Please welcome to the third seat, Page.
Speaker 3: Well man, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: An honor and a privilege. It's so good to be here.
Speaker 1: Great to have you. Great to have you, Page, great to have you. I'm always like reminded to you about the first time we actually met, which I think was at the Chatterbox, when I made a guy go do a bunch of AI written jokes on stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I remember that. Yeah, I don't know that. I yeah, I feel like it. I didn't connect that with you until later when we met another time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was like, I was like, Page, I've met you, and I apologized because I think I took the life out of the chatterbox with this dumb video I was making for Wired magazine.
Speaker 5: It was an open mic and I just feel like it's already a delicate situation, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, could it be real?
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm not joking. You can probably look it up. It's like it's on Wired YouTube channel about like this guy Brent Rose had to go on stage. We'd like coupled together every like, because it was like the era of like Alexas and shit coming out, and we're like, they tell jokes, write them all down, and send this man up there to tell them straight faced in front of an audience who thinks it's stand up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: There was like a really beautiful highros photo of me looking at my phone at the bar that I think was part of the article about this.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh oo, everyone wins, everyone wins. Well, page, it's great to have you. Also, i'd be remiss. I forgot to mention you have a new album. I turned out fine out now on ASC Records. Every man, I need to I want a record? Is it hard to get?
Speaker 3: Hard to do? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You want to record one?
Speaker 6: It looks hard you need a daily Zeitgei's Greatest Hits album Dog Oh that was fun, print print.
Speaker 1: Your spiciest takes to final I know it's it's hard because there's so many times like there, you know, like people who listen to the show reach out and like, oh my god, yesterday's thing that you said. I'm like, I'm I talk so much, I don't even know. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, you can't remember everything. Yeah, you would need someone to call through the archives.
Speaker 1: Because there's not much. You can't remember anything everything. You can't remember anything. I know, the instant I say something on a podcast, it is completely gone from my memory.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's the only way you can.
Speaker 5: It comes out immediately, because I do feel like other times I'm on podcast that comes out, you know, a week weeks later, and I'm like, damn, I definitely don't want to listen back, but I am curious what I said.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh my god, that take you had on Strawberries Page like today, fuck, I don't even know. Well, Page, We're gonna get to know you a little bit better, but obviously we got to tell people what we're talking about today. Obviously, I don't put together three guests or two guests for this show who aren't going to be fully tapped into the goings on of the world, including the vice president so debate that happened on Tuesday, because guess what not today we're doing. We're switching things up. I got two people that couldn't give a fuck less about the presidential debate for their own reasons. But then that will be me because this is the duty of the show, because I know some of you don't give a fuck either, and rightly so you have better things to do. I you're intrepid host. Put my body on the line to watch that fucking snooze fest, and I'll tell you some of the funny shit that happened, amongst other things.
Speaker 4: I mean to be bored.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nothing represents America better than like two thirds of us really didn't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, I don't know, what do you want to what do you want?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Sure I watched. I mean the thing is you could I feel like that both of you are intelligent enough that you could probably lie through the segment and you would come off as if you had actually seen it. If you're just like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, dude, JD Van lying, I.
Speaker 1: Think so we'll talk about that. Well, just there was an interesting moment where JD. Vance gave his sort of thoughts on climate change, and it's sort of connected with the story I was thinking of about Asheville, North Carolina, which is one of the hardest hit areas from Hurricane Helene, and how prior to this, people like, even in the climate field, we're saying like, this is one of those places that would be I think pretty good to to sort of escape the worst parts of climate change. But I think this revealed that there might not be such a place that exists. And then page, like I said, a swifty you know what's going on. But I'm so glad you haven't seen this clip because I think for some of us that are terminally online, it was hard to miss this video that went viral of this red faced boomer just destroying a Taylor Swift guitar. Now we don't know why, but I'm pretty sure we know why. He didn't outwardly say why, So we'll get into that in the provenance of that guitar, but anyway, we'll get into that and plenty more but first page, Well, din, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are, what you're into?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: I googled The Third Gilmore Girl, which is Kelly Bishop's memoir that came out a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Which one's the third gil Oh? Is that the moment?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yes, the Grandma? Yeah, yes, okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: I listened to the audiobook of it, and then I found myself. I found myself trying to remember like things that she said, and I was like, I gotta get a hard copy of this, like.
Speaker 1: I need a dog here, some I need to dog here, some pages here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just I need it as a ref friends text, like I need to be able to revisit it.
Speaker 4: I looked it up. I think I'm gonna I think I'm gonna wait.
Speaker 5: And maybe get it not to be a bitch, but from my local bookstore. But I did google it to potentially buy it online.
Speaker 1: And wait, So what's what she like? What she sort of what was intriguing to you? Like, oh shit, I need I need this all wax, Like I can't.
Speaker 3: Just have this.
Speaker 5: She's just such a cool chick, like she just has had such a life and it's just so interesting and she just has some real, just some real banger moments that I wish I remembered exactly what she said, you know. Well, the story that comes comes to mind is there's a story in the book she talks about that she got cast in something she started in theater and as a dancer, and she talks about that she really wanted this agent to work with her, and so when she got cast in something just by virtue of like people she knew, and they asked, is do you have an agent that we can call to like work this out? And she drop that person's name and said, you can call this person, and then of course that ended up working and that person became her agent. And she just has so many moments like that that I'm like, I want to go back and remember exactly how she how she dropped that.
Speaker 1: That's like the kind of shit like when people always say fake it till you make it, Like, yeah, that's like one of the few moments it goes off seamlessly, because there are other I feel like there's a lot of horror stories too where people fake it and then they get found out quick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is funny listening to her story because like obviously she's very successful and she's highlighting her best moments and stuff, and it is funny, like it is always it's it is kind of funny when you're listening to or reading somebody's life story and there's sort of this thread of like fake it till you make it, or advice like that of like if you don't book it, it's because you're meant to be in something else.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah for you, yeah exactly, I'm sure that felt true for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been faking it so fucking hard, and I'm what helped me.
Speaker 3: How harder?
Speaker 1: How much harder can I fake this?
Speaker 3: Ship? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I just I really enjoyed it, and I was like I kind of want the hard copy, so that's what I googled.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel like old Hollywood advice is like so damaging to everyone currently trying to work now because it's always just like some shit that not only will that work now, but will probably get you in immense trouble, if not legal trouble, like sneak onto the lot and just hand your script out.
Speaker 1: Yeah right exactly. They're like, who's your agent? Ari Gold?
Speaker 3: Whoever?
Speaker 1: That guy's based on fuck are.
Speaker 3: You e manual?
Speaker 1: Anyway? That's like the that was just like to that point about like how shit used to be. I was, I was listening to this like interview that aunt Rachel from Family Matters. Tell me what's her real name? But Telma Hopkins she like used to be like a backup singer for like Marvin Gay, and like she was like really like up in it. And she talked there's a moment she talks about how she for the table read for the pilot for Family Matters, she was doing like a backup singing gig in Blake Tahoe and for her to make it to La for the table read of the pilot of Family Matters, the producer sent a fucking lear jet.
Speaker 3: To pick her up and bring her back.
Speaker 1: And I was like, for a fucking table read of a pilot, I was like, the money's gone, y'all, the money's going, or at least it's not moving in the same direction anymore.
Speaker 3: It's just all going to the top.
Speaker 1: But anyway, there's that level of Hollywood fake it till you make it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just I do love a story that I'm like, I'm not taking the advice from her. I'm just really like, Yeah, I just think it's so cool to listen to somebody she's I think eighty now. She just turned eighty, And it's just cool to listen to someone reflect on their life with all the perspective like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, yeah, because I could not do that shit now with my narrow perspective of life looking back.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you're too close to too many of the events, you know, dude, I.
Speaker 1: Was such a fucking baller. Motherfuckers didn't even know you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I'm in this motherfucker v IP, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Things are going good and I think they will for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm forty and both my parents are still alive, and it was all smooth sailing from here. What's anything is Underrated?
Speaker 3: Page?
Speaker 5: I decided to go with there's this artist I really like. Her name is Orla Gartland, singer songwriter, and I do always feel bad saying someone's underrated, because it's like, obviously she has some popularity, but I just I she has a new album coming out soon. But I really someone sent me one of her songs like sometime last year, and I got really into her first album called woman on the Internet.
Speaker 4: That the title it's it's so good. It's just such a good album.
Speaker 1: What's her style? Like?
Speaker 5: Is it kind of like pop indie? I guess okay.
Speaker 1: I see her up there with her guitar, okay, yeah orla Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just think she's cool and I just, you know, I think it's rare that somebody sends you a song and then you go to check out the full album and you're like, yeah, I like.
Speaker 1: All of this, right right, that's those are the best music finds, like when you find out like obviously we're out here looking for songs we like and then artists, but like when you find an album, you're like, oh my god, like, yeah, this is there are no skips in this. I like this is. I wasn't sure. I was like in need of something I wanted to hear and I couldn't articulate it, and here it is boom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's rare.
Speaker 1: So if you're how would you like in it? If you were a Spotify algorithm, if you're a fan of X, you will like orl of Gartland.
Speaker 4: Oh interesting, Oh that's so hard.
Speaker 1: Come on an algorithm, John Henry, This I'm gonna actually look up what Spotify recommend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm curious. Yeah yeah, let the computer do the job for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. I'm sorry you should be. I didn't mean to make you replace the computer and not the other way around. Okay, Orla, let's see listeners who fuck with Orla? Also like Baby Queen, Dodie low.
Speaker 4: In some other stuff to check out?
Speaker 3: Is a musician just like.
Speaker 1: I didn't know was an artist.
Speaker 4: Yeah I have, I did know that, but I haven't actually heard her music.
Speaker 1: No, Sunflower Bean, that's another one they said I am liking.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: This just makes me old. How all of these sound like made up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and say. The other artist that I was considering bringing up, Who's Ash? Okay, but I think she's more popular. But I really like her new album Wilson. She's cool because she like kind of she kind of dipped for a little bit. She had a really good first album and then like moved back home for a minute and just came out with this new album. And I would say, if you like, if you like her, she's she Her famous song is I think it was in a movie or something. Uh, what is Ashes famous famous? I hate it when I have to think of something and it leaves my brain, it's okay, moral of the story.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, this is why we have phones. Yeah, why would you need to remember stuff with fun?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You don't even brain does an atrophy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't even know how to navigate physical space or orient yourself. That's all fucking dumb, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: The phone does? My watch does it?
Speaker 1: Like I even see like that feature and like like Apple watches too that it'll literally just guide you to wherever the fuck the thing you lost is. It's like you're closer hotter, hotter, hotter, I could say, St Christopher.
Speaker 4: What just came to me?
Speaker 5: There is one song on on Orla Gartland's album called Codependency that to me, I got really hyped on that song because it sounds to me like it would be in like a two thousands like movie soundtrack, like it would be on the soundtrack of Freaky Friday.
Speaker 4: Like I got pretty hyped on that one. And Zombie is similar.
Speaker 1: Fun what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Page?
Speaker 5: I struggle with this one for the same reason. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. Everybody likes everything the amount that they do.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that's fine. I appreciate the count.
Speaker 5: So I have a really weak one. But I'm gonna say it. I don't like setting my bills on auto pay. Okay, I want to know when money is leaving my account. I set my rent payment on auto pay in July because I was going to be out of town and I was just like, oh what if I can't get online, Like, I'm going to set it and every month since I'm so stressed because it's like a large sum of money is going to leave my account. I need to do that all in just a few clicks. I need to know when money is leaving.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took me a while to get on board with auto pay. That's like the one thing that's when like I'm like, okay, I think I can put my phone on auto pay.
Speaker 4: I like that certain ones you go, okay, all right, I think I can handle this.
Speaker 5: I think put on a credit card so I don't worry about it that I get that I put that bill on my credit card, and I think I have money that I don't.
Speaker 4: You know, I just need to be on top of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it helps, It helps it helps, Oh andrew everything auto I'll just counterpoint now, just don't be on top of it.
Speaker 6: I got burned by auto pay. Actually in a similar situation when I moved to.
Speaker 1: LA, I drove, sorry, page, not a similar situation situation to you, A similar situation to your fear, which was when I moved here, I drove from New York to Los Angeles and I just fully forgot that my credit card bill wasn't on auto pay, and I just like missed it by a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Was, you know, on the road.
Speaker 6: And they were not nice about it. Oh, really, you might be surprised to learn City group not very nice their money. No, No, didn't they descend from a bank that used to be in the slave I don't know. I mean that's mostly I mean, you're gonna be real, but yeah, wow, I mean, wait, what do you mean like the like what they pulled up on you violent, They hit you with some exorbitant fee, they shamed you, called your high.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was I think it was like three four hundred bucks?
Speaker 4: And how long did you forget to pay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, hold on, are you talking about interest? No?
Speaker 3: Definitely wasn't interesting. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't keep a credit card balance. I try.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. That Ever, that one time my.
Speaker 1: Dad scared the funk out of me when I got out of the house. He's like, look, you're people are going to offer you a credit card? Do fucking Maybe the interest? Maybe it was the interest and I think I had all my moving expenses on so it was like one of the big yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ever, yeah, remember good to put this.
Speaker 5: Well, in theory, it's good to put that on a credit card, right because then you build credit. I paid it off, and then if you have like a card where you get points or something. But yeah, but like if I had been on auto pay, would would you have had? You know what I mean? It's like, do you have the money in your account? Like you could then overdraw your other account?
Speaker 6: No, thankfully I had it. It was more just like yeah, I just I just fully. I was like, I can't put this on I don't pay I need to remember, and then I'm right, just you know.
Speaker 4: I guess what's overrated as the banks? You know, money and the banks.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, bring the whole system down please.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about the thing that's on everyone's minds, the thing that no one missed out on the vice presidential debate right after this, and we're back, and I guess the last debate that we are going to get in this cycle happened Tuesday night when Jadie Vance and Tim Wall had their showdown on CBS. And I say, I'm I guess it's the last one because I think Trump fully backed out of the the the second presidential debate. He's also backing out of a lot of interviews, which I hope is a sign that he They're trying to pull like a Dave type situation, like we need a double fucking now because this guy cannot go out there. Try to bring up like a really timely reference with Kevin Klein Sigourney Weaver film.
Speaker 6: You know you know who could do it is uh John Voight in Megalopolis, which is, oh god, yesterday instead of the debate.
Speaker 1: Wait, isn't it Sigourney Weaver? Yeah, she was the she was the first lady. Okay, So before we get into it, the two of you, you both watched it, right, is that what you said? You both got it?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: No, because I knew I was coming on to this and you would tell me you could.
Speaker 3: Learn about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's smart. Okay, Page, great answer. And then Andrew, obviously you're you're one of the most like up on. You know, this is my one prepared line for this entire episode.
Speaker 6: So I was really interested in watching a fascist who thinks he's a libertarian who's resentfully doesn't have the approval of liberals on the screen yesterday, So I.
Speaker 1: Watched so Megalopolis.
Speaker 3: I will say, you know, I don't come on here.
Speaker 6: I I I feel like the reviews are probably pretty accurate. It's it's a pretty specific type of person who like, is really gonna love it?
Speaker 3: Probably not me.
Speaker 1: That being said, I there are two scenes in this movie that made me laugh harder than anything I've ever heard laughed at movie theater.
Speaker 5: This is a new movie that I thought you were talking about some old movie right now, there's so much stuff and I have no idea why none of us are aware of the same stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, and this was also no one would buy this, No one wanted to distribute this film, so like, there was really no rollout of this aside from people were like I think like or not I think like Francis Ford Coppola was assaulting people on set and then doing massive rewrites on his trailers. It wasn't on the thing in his trailer smoking weed. You gotta you gotta you know, uh are artists not the art or whatever of it. No, there's a lot of terror. I mean, you know, John Voyd Child a buff. It's a really who's it's a real, real gropy kind of set.
Speaker 6: Well just yeah, but yeah, i'd heard it was, you know, not so good, but yeah, not a joke. I laughed for Like, I'm not a big theater laugher, but I really want buck Well also. And I'll get to this at my recommendations at the end, but I saw it at which I don't know if the two of you have ever been there. I'm aware of it.
Speaker 1: I've not been inside there though, but I'll just give just just a little indication of what kind of joint it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For so okay, you know, like AMC a list for I don't know whatever, thirty dollars a month, you got unlimited ish with some restrictions movie screenings. This version of this is they have a year pass that costs ninety nine dollars. What it is, yo, in my opinion the best deal. Yeah, it's like twenty eight cents a day. Yeah, Oh my god, dude, I'm I'm thinking here is like that place is busted, like like yo, I don't know, man. They say it's a movie theater with dining, but it does not have like the right vibes the part. I don't know. Yeah, but it doesn't not feel like if you were writing a movie about an obvious organized crime drug money laundering allegedly place, allegedly, it would allegedly seem a lot.
Speaker 3: Like this place.
Speaker 1: I'm my mind is blown with like a deal that's like worse from a business perspective than fucking movie pass.
Speaker 5: Somehow, they're just maybe they're maybe they're in trouble and they're just throwing stuff at the wall, like what if.
Speaker 1: This Let me just say, I know about this past. I have been to this theater, and I just still won't go. I still won't buy that pass.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: I was intrigued for a second because I did recently cancel my AMC. I've kind of regretted it. It's like, of course, like I thought there was nothing coming out I cared about, But then I realized as soon as I canceled that there's a bunch of stuff that I like, kind of care about, and I'm like, oh, damn, see that now.
Speaker 6: They do have they have new movies. I mean I saw Megalopolis within the first week it's out, and it's it seems fine, like there's nothing like outwardly wrong with the place.
Speaker 3: It just is.
Speaker 1: There's one star reviews of this place are escaping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just looking it up, I do.
Speaker 6: I did see a Reddit review for their other location where apparently if they sell to like zero tickets or no, if zero people have checked in, regardless of how many tickets they've sold, they just straight up won't play the movie. And so someone arrived late and they just walked into a you know, a theater with all the light run no, no, like everything just house, like.
Speaker 1: The club is closing.
Speaker 6: They're like, yeah, man, here just nothing, and then he you know, they went to to find an employee, which took a beat, and then when they finally did, they're like, oh, yeah, we just told you want us to play it, and they just like it was like like a TV at your friend's house.
Speaker 1: A couple of buttons of the iPad and the movie started Can you wait a second. I got to rewind it really quick. You got to rewind it. They should let you take just pause the movie.
Speaker 3: You should.
Speaker 6: You should just if enough people in the theater yell pause at the same time, just a little.
Speaker 3: Pee break for everyone.
Speaker 1: Are we to pause?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It could be like a button you push when you're like you're you're thinking, and if enough people silently push the pause button. Yeah, it's agreed upon.
Speaker 1: You trigger the threshold for the white pause.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, as we're talking about it, the other thing that rules about this place is it it's like a dine in movie theater, like an Alamo, except their ordering system is on your phone. So in orders for their business model to work, you have to turn on your phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cool, perfect, and you have to have sounds on. And it's truly else you won't know it is. It is my favorite theater for a certain type of movie. And I will say meis was definitely does sound right? Yeah, for ninety nine dollars for the whole year, like it does feel Come I go, bro, let's fucking let's go get wild over at the fucking Yeah. All right, Well enough of that, because we're putting off the actual news that happened vice presidential basis, but there'd be part of me I was like, I don't know, man, go ahead, I mean, because he's the thing. There's a lot of talk obviously about what was specifically said, and like like any you know, reputable journalist would do talking reporting on what was said. None of it was really all that surprising given how each campaign has been messaging, like the stakes of the election and just like the rhetoric being used, but like, like the thing was. Vance tried to come off as some kind of moderate when it came to things like abortion or like election denial, but failed. Tim Walls was just so normal and nice. He sort of just kind of seemed out of place next to a political creature and chronic bullshitter like Vance. Like there were times where he would be like, oh, well, you know, there was a time like he misspoke. He was talking about like understanding school shootings and he's like, and I've become friends with school shooters, and like now like can't you know, like conservative news like what Tim Walls is friends with school shooters. It's like, dude, the guy clearly misspoke and he was talking about becoming friends like his sort of stance on gun control change, and he said that happened after meeting you know, grieving parents and so like again, I think from stylistically, I guess if you're just going from who quote sounded better, I would say Vance sounded better in that like his the cadence at which he spoke was smoother, but there was no substance to what he said, and he basically used his smooth talking to lie constantly and dance around the real hot button issues, like him and Trump's constant vilification of immigrants, or the fact that Vance wouldn't even say whether Trump lost the election in twenty twenty. It was very Yike's adjacent I.
Speaker 4: Saw that, I saw Hi, Yeah, refusing to answer.
Speaker 1: It's it's very I mean, it's like he tried to wiggle his way out of it. But again, it's like one of those things when you listened to you're like, oh my god, this dude is so full of shit, you know. And I think Roywood Junior tweeted something along the gist of sort of like JD. Vance has the energy of a man like a restaurant manager. That understand, and your experience was terrible, but he has not taking that Hamburger off the bill. Yeah, that's essentially like so I think it was for most people, like I don't like this fucking guy. And you know a lot of talk about the polls, like well, who won, who won? There's all like so many headlines who did win the debate last night? I mean, like, I think in a snap pole that like CNN or CBS may have done it, people seemed evenly split. If that fucking matters. When it came down to likability, I think Vance demonstrated that, you know, despite his better than expected performance, people just don't like him. And Walts came out with a boost in his approval ratings rather than JD.
Speaker 3: Vance.
Speaker 1: But it really is one of those things where it's like you want to see the presidential debates are really giving you an idea of like who the president will be, whereas this one just feels like and then the two lesser characters can talk on stage. Yeah yeah, but it's like he's such a freaky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's such a missed opportunity to really you just got to call him a freak to face constantly.
Speaker 1: That was the thing, right, Like Walts was he's just he I think he's just genuinely incapable of getting the knife ouse, you know what I mean, Like you're like, yo, this should have been a knife party up there. This guy is has said so many fucking stupid things and like offensive, racist, violently misogynistic things that you could just be like, hey man, I've actually committed to memory like eight things you've said, and I can every time you say something, I can just dead that with something that came out of your mouth. And the moderators did point out a couple of things that they each said or whatever, but you know, it just it didn't come it didn't come out that way. So I think the other thing is that, like Vance, clearly this campaign is just trying to say everything that's happening right now is because of Kamala Harris down from the fucking weather to like Mike Bacon costs forty six dollars because of President Kamala Harris, and that logic, like he kept using this same shit over and over every answer was somehow masterfully and I mean that in the most sarcastic sense, would just kind of re route the topic back to Kamala Harris. So, for example, right like Waltz is pointing out his dehumanizing rhetoric around immigrants and how he blames immigrants for like everything. It's like this guy's gonna blame immigants or everything, like including like the housing crisis. Here is jd Vance's just spectacular answer on how he's like, Oh, you think I'm blaming everything on immigrants, will hold this l to him. Well, Tim just said something that I agree with.
Speaker 7: We don't want to blame immigrants for higher housing prices, but we do want to blame Kamala Harris for letting in millions of illegal aliens into this country, which does drive up cost him twenty five million. Illegal aliens competing with Americans for scarce homes is one of the most significant drivers of home prices in the country. It's why we have massive increases in home prices that have happened right alongside massive increases in illegal alien alien populations under Kamala Harris's leadership.
Speaker 1: Under Kamala Harris's leadership, I'm just like, I love it igoes. Look, I'm not gonna blame illegal aliens for everything. I'm gonna blame Kamala Harris relating in the legal aliens that are the reason we have a housing shortage, like uh, yeah, sir, and just like this idea that like, yeah, yeah, yeah, the reason homes are unaffordable is because people that are you know, so destitute that they're willing to leave their homes and families behind are the ones outbidding people you with a cash offer for a starter home. That's that's precisely, and they can't be the corporate you know hovering of single family homes being turned into rental units and things like that. So it's just like sure, man, yeah, that that's what happened. There are a few other really interesting gems that came out of him. I think a lot of people also talked about like gun violence and school shootings and what the plan is there. Tim Wallas is like, yeah, gun control that could help.
Speaker 3: The JD.
Speaker 1: Vance's first answer was something akin to like, well, yeah, I mean, obviously you got to cut down on school shootings, but you know, we also need to cut down on like the inner city gun problem. You're like, oh, okay, so now you're just singing the focus on like black and brown people again when the question was about protecting kids. But when he asked, you know, when asked for something a little more like But what how do you protect kids? This was JD Vance, But what do we do about the schools? What do we do to protect our kids?
Speaker 7: And I think the answer is and I say this not loving the answer, because I don't want my kids to go to school and in a school that feels unsafe or where there are visible signs of security. But I unfortunately think that we have to increase security in our schools.
Speaker 1: We have to make the doors lock better, we.
Speaker 7: Have to make the doors stronger, We've got to make the windows stronger. And of course we've got to increase school resource officers, so we need more police.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need the doors to lock better.
Speaker 1: That's just like again his delivery smooth the substance. We need door lock better, we need stronger door.
Speaker 6: He's clearly are are going to be our first gamer VP because it's just like there's no dumber like strategy except and just like unless you truly believe, like, oh h we're fighting now, Oh just right, we need more need more armor hit points on the door out of here.
Speaker 1: We actually need a stronger HP HP on like the weapons, the offensive weapons that the resource officers are using, as well as some kind of protective spell that can be cast on the students during such an effer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels like his goal is just to just talk in a cadence so that you like zone out and don't hear what he said.
Speaker 1: That's that's almost precisely like what he's trying to do, because it's like the thing where it's smooth. It's again it sounds like the guy's talking and saying a normal thing.
Speaker 4: He's totally talking.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, and you're like and if you like, oh, this guy's talking, You're like, what yea, what is he what is he saying? And he did his best I mean, I guess compared to his running mate. Yeah, he's a better debater because Trump is just the sure but that's not really saying much. And it's interesting interesting to see some of the coverage be like I mean, clearly jd Vance like walked out of that one though, like on top. But I think just to say that is because he just is like just really good at being a bullshitter and you know, saying things that are not true, like with the confidence of three thousand white men.
Speaker 3: But that's what it takes.
Speaker 1: It seems yeah, I will just say that seems like it's the game, who cares if he's lying.
Speaker 5: I mean, I was gonna say, obviously it's different, but it reminds me of like there are certain comedians. I'm a stand up, so this is like my the way I think is this, like there are some comedians who you'll watch like crush technicallyly like everyone's laughing, like when you think about your like they're just talking in joke cadence, Like what they're saying is like a magic trick was done, like and then you go, well, ultimately those people left thinking they had a good time, so.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right, that is that's how I thought, Like as He's and Sorry's like early specials were like I'm like, I think this guy is just getting louder at certain points.
Speaker 3: And you say it in the right joke, you know, you will that and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, whoa, Oh my god, dude, I can't believe that toilet paper costs that much at the store.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: I think both speak to the same thing, which is that like a lot of people just don't want to have to think. So if you offer them that, they're like, yeah, he won, I didn't have to think about what happened at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think most people though, when his like when it came down to things like being like pro choice, like he just failed like spectacular, like he'll be like no, like obviously I think like this is this isn't a bad like people should be able to have a decision, but that I think that choice goes to the states and blah blah blah. And like Tim Walls, he had a pretty good answer. He's like like miss me with all this like like nonsense about if it's a state's choice, Like this is just down to someone deciding what they want to do with their own body, like anything that isn't if we're not just debating that, like there's no point in talking about it. And he did keep hitting that point. So like in contrast to what Advance would say, you're like, oh right, this guy said something like actually, like that makes sense rather than his kneely mouthed dancing. Then there's just a lot of stuff too, where like they were talking about family leave and again Vance like we're all about choice, man, Like the choice like if you want to sure, if you want to take time off, great, but like also if you want a toil to death, you know at work, you should be able to have that choice. You should have that choice. There shouldn't be some federal guideliness to like having family leave because you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah, if you are bodied that you're gonna your family is going to starve to death because you couldn't work over this time, then you should.
Speaker 3: Be able to work, and you shouldn't have the option.
Speaker 4: It's a choice.
Speaker 5: If you want to make no money during exact time, that's your choice.
Speaker 1: And that's your choice, and that's what we're all about. Choice. If you don't want your kid to be able to read and you've created some form of mathematics that you want to teach them in your home, that's your choice. Okay, and we'll try and get your subsidies so we can completely destroy public schooling. But anyway, that's that's our.
Speaker 3: Choice. It's all choice.
Speaker 1: That's what it's like when you hear the like it's your like, okay, am I choosing?
Speaker 6: I was just gonna say, VP de Bay does have this weird sweet spot of like, who the fuck is actually watching this except for the people that can see.
Speaker 1: Hopefully I would assumed see through all this or like have their mind made up either way, I guess right. Yeah, Like, so it's just like there's a little like it only matters if someone totally biffs something. Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: I think who undecided watched this well.
Speaker 1: I think the people, like a lot of places or a lot of you know, mainstream media coverage of it is like jd Vance really fucked up at the end when asked point blank about the twenty twenty election, and he was just.
Speaker 3: Like who won?
Speaker 1: And he's like like Tim Wallas was like, hey, so did he lose? And then Dad Vance goes, you know, I want to talk about the future, you know, and you're just like holy shit, Like it just felt like one of those things are like that's those are the kinds of non answers that are really revealing. And I think that was like one of the moments that I'm sure the Harris Wallas campaign will seize because it was just kind of being like, yeah, like we got another batch of like freaks out here who are like, no, we whatever, whatever I need it to be is the reality, and we'll, you know, do whatever we have to to get there to achieve that. So, yeah, did we learn anything new? Not really so in that sense. I think, you know, it's not like this shifted poles in any meaningful way aside from like their own likability or people's perception of them and their suitability to be vice president. But yeah, nothing, nothing great, you know. In a way. That's why I appreciate you telling me I'm spoiling Megalopolis for me, because now I can't wait to see that. That's actually something I can't wait to at least, so watch a pirated copy allegedly. All right, well, let's take a quick break as we discussed the finer points of Megalopolis amongst ourselves, and we'll come back to talk about this poor red faced boomer who may have wasted four thousand dollars, And we'll do that right after this, and we are back now. Obviously, the Taylor Swift of it all is a huge part of this election, especially for people on the right who have somehow they've they've absolutely lost it. I this is fucking election tampering. That this person said that they don't like Trump, vote Harris. And for those of us, like I said, we're online all the time. There was this video of this boomer proudly bidding on and winning a four thousand dollars guitar signed by Taylor Swift, only to smash the absolute fuck out of it with a hammer. So I will play this clip so everyone can kind of see the delight in this man's face. Got like a local auction in Texas. This is the man going up. I just won this Taylor Swift guitar, and I'm about to show y'all what I think.
Speaker 3: We don't need the wher, you don't.
Speaker 1: Need the ever special on agilo.
Speaker 3: Look at him hearing.
Speaker 4: It's barely breaking out. This is.
Speaker 1: All right, don't take defending up that fust thing.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, there's so much going on here.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: I fully did not realize there was an in person auction. That is one.
Speaker 5: I also assumed he would have smashed the guitar in the fun way to smash a guitar that we all dream of, but no, we would never do, like least if your rockstar fantasy.
Speaker 3: And yeah, exactly humiliating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's like a little hammer like attack hammer something like nothing is happening to it.
Speaker 1: I know, Like I mean again, nothing says I am not afraid. I am a strong man. That nothing quite like that then hammering a guitar that you think Taylor Swift side. But here's the thing, a lot of people close to Taylor, and I guess knowledgeable fans are claiming that the thing he bought wasn't even fucking signed. Yeah yeah, it wasn't just a Taylor Swift guitar for this is for Variety reported a source close to Swift's merchandise company confirmed the lack of a signature. While it did come with a signed CD insert, the guitar itself was not signed. Another source close to Swift made similar allegations to the Huffington Post. The source pointed out that an authentic Swift signed guitar would have come with an official certificate of authenticity. So people saying, like when the video, they're like, here, man, here's your four thousand dollars rage piece, do your fucking worst worst without any kind of certificate. But then like a TMZ said, oh, we actually have the certificate that the man was given. Fans also were noted pointed out, like, it's doesn't have a this seal that is typically on this document that would say that it's the genuine item. You can buy the unsigned guitar on eBay right now for four ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, this.
Speaker 4: Way, So do we know did this guy go there with this plan in mind.
Speaker 1: No one que we haven't heard from the asshole in question.
Speaker 4: He's been silent.
Speaker 1: The fact that the auctioneer had a hammer, and also there was a sniper rifle on a tripod on the like dais behind them. Yeah, this was like this whole thing was for this, right, let's let's zoom out of it. This wasn't auction in Texas hosted by the Ellis County Wild Game Dinner. This was like the Yeah, it's like a wild for like hunters, I guess, And yeah, I think, I mean, I think it's pretty clear what the point was. It's a lot of people hooting and hollering, and they were just getting off on the fact that this guy pissed away four grand to break something that Taylor's well. Yeah, and I think again because Fox and every like Elon Musk Trump, they've all just lost it about it. Like now the like sort of automaton action now is like must destroy Taylor Swift inanimate objects to then win the election.
Speaker 5: This is like did you see the guy who did this like months ago, it might have been last year, the guy who like made a point of he went to target and bought the like target exclusive nineteen eighty nine Taylor's version vinyl to like smash in the parking lot. But then it's very clear that he replaced it with a different vinyl to smash and like with black, it's like not the like blue or whatever that that vinyl is, Like he saved, he bought, He bought it because he had the case.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he replaced like the vinyl thing that he pulled out of the sleeve was a completely different color. And I will now assert my dominance over this flat vinyl disc.
Speaker 5: And it was just like he so he wanted to preserve his purchase, I guess. And then like if everyone was commenting that, and I feel like he maybe did a follow up where he really did smash it or something, But all.
Speaker 3: Right, you caught me.
Speaker 1: But now watch this. This is the real one I was saving, Like my daughter's a fan, and I thought it'd be a nice yeah, but fuck that, y'all.
Speaker 3: You want to pull my card?
Speaker 1: Show you how boud it?
Speaker 4: I am, Like, it's just crazy to be such a dork, Like it's just so brutal, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, symbolism, it's just so literal, for like, when it comes to conservative outrage campaigns, it's like destroy the object.
Speaker 4: Yeah, show everyone it always comes with after purchasing it, Yeah, after giving her more money.
Speaker 1: Exactly, the kind of have just like a like a pay pig relationship with Yeah, it feels like, you know, it's like, oh, this is how I prove take take my money, sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me first of all put some money in Taylor Swift's pockets. But then I'm gonna break this thing because I'm so mad.
Speaker 5: At it, and I do believe in capitalist society, and I do believe she deserves the money for this, So I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Pu Obviously, I'm not a communist.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna I'll be doing more damage to her bottom line because so many people will see how much I hate her and be on board with oh we all hate her, right yeah yeah, yeah, Yeah, that's you figured it out.
Speaker 1: They found they've figured it all out. Uh well, Page, Andrew, thank you so much for joining me on the Daily Zeitgeist page. Where do the people find you?
Speaker 3: Follow you?
Speaker 1: And what's a tweet or other work of media that you're enjoying.
Speaker 5: You can follow me on Instagram just at my name Paige Weldon and on TikTok Paige Weldon comedy. I couldn't get Paige weld in because some some kid has it. She hasn't posted in years.
Speaker 3: She doesn't do fucking comedy.
Speaker 5: She doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. Yeah, but yeah, find me there. I've been posting about it. I just as again. I released an album. You can stream it wherever, and there's a limited run of vinyl that I guess you can buy and smash if.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, by you and smash one if you do, you know, yeah, yeah, yes, really stick it to page. If you didn't like her, underrated or overrated, I know she was taking shots at people, so you know, go out there by the album, smash the fuck out.
Speaker 4: Of it, and then uh for a tweet? Should I send it to you guys? Hold on?
Speaker 3: Let me Oh.
Speaker 5: H well, it's just a little list. My friend Sammy Mawy posted this on their Instagram. It's uh, it's gender gender neutral ways to say yes, ma'am or yes sir.
Speaker 4: So we have I I capton.
Speaker 5: That's how I'm choosing to pronounce it, capton like captain French. Uh huh, that's correct, your honor? Okay, computer That one was big in the comments.
Speaker 4: Yes, chef come worse. We we mea Moore?
Speaker 5: Uh huh, whatever you say, sweetheart, this one, this next one's my favorite right away.
Speaker 4: A doctor.
Speaker 5: For sure, mixed master, they thumbs up, emoji, okay, buddy, and all right, keep it moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like okay computer, and I like I would almost say we chef, just to let people know that I did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I'm sure Sammy would condone if you want to mix and match, you know, play around.
Speaker 4: But this list just cracked me up. And I love Sammy so love to share.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, fantastic contribution. Andrew, how about you? Where do people find you? Follow you, hear you, what to tweet you like or something you're watching and.
Speaker 3: Not saying? Then? Yeah, my podcast is yo is is racist?
Speaker 6: And I just read I did a short fiction reading a friend of this show and my personal friend as fo as Molly Lambert has a a monthly show called Jazz Roulette and Echo Park. But one of the poets, especially Natalie Schapiro Shapiro Chapiro with an E.
Speaker 3: Was fucking great. She was so great.
Speaker 1: I haven't I haven't written or read short fiction in straight up twenty years, and I don't think I've been to a poetry reading and longer than that, and that ship was wonderful.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Also Megalopolis also shout out they're gonna hopefully look if you work, you know, look, look just hit us here.
Speaker 3: Here's what I will say about.
Speaker 1: As I started going there during the writer's strike multiple matinees, I encountered not one human being. And I don't mean like no patrons. I mean literally, no one took my ticket at the door, No one was in the theater.
Speaker 3: It was amazing.
Speaker 6: Like I'm not saying just sneak into the theater. I'm not saying that, but all right, I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: One human being.
Speaker 5: Well, you could plan to go to a movie, like pick a movie and then and I'm not saying do this, but pick a movie that has a similar time and at the AMC at the Americana and try first yes to.
Speaker 1: Walk in and they're like fun, all right, we gotta pay for it, Okay, all right. So if you're willing to see a movie, I do believe it's also just cheaper in general than normal theater.
Speaker 3: I do recommend it. You realize it's not like it doesn't have some of the like amenities.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it has I guess technically has the amenities, but it doesn't have the like social structure of other movie theaters.
Speaker 3: I find it a good way.
Speaker 1: Again. The phone thing really the fact that like to order to make their business function, you have to pull up your phone basically unfold. Also, they have like reading lamps on the seats that are just the brightesthit you've ever seen. It's not for sinniasts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your phone. Just this just reminded me. I went to a movie last week with some friends and I didn't notice what they were looking at, but my friend, who was sitting a little closer did. There was someone in the row in front of us opening their phone constantly, and it turned out what they were doing was checking their Instagram story views. Hell yes, yeah, like a lot, like like really frequently throughout the movie. Yes, and apparently posted a story like uploaded a photo from like an earlier time, and was like seeking if someone had viewed it.
Speaker 4: And I just want to say to that person, I hope, I hope it happened for you.
Speaker 1: Just can't have if you don't know how many likes you have, why are you alive?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Point Well, you know they're looking for a specific person.
Speaker 3: See this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's like honestly the gift and the curse of all this data available to people and ship like that, where like, you know, what what happened is just doing an emo post on MySpace and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, you didn't know.
Speaker 5: You know, we all look at our story views or check things like that, but like boldly just throughout the duration of a movie. It was like a really full theater.
Speaker 1: It, yeah, we're at that point the movie becomes this person and now you're invested in their story. I'm like, oh god, who are they? They keep they keep looking what's this account? And then now you're like looking, like I can see a few handles. Let me just see what's going. Oh I should also say, don't get the wings that they were they were pretty dry. Thank you, okay, thank you for that transparency. I was never going to get the wings.
Speaker 3: It was. It was wild to get anything with a bone in it or anything like that. Just yet.
Speaker 1: Pre made pizzas, premade pizzas seem like.
Speaker 4: The things on the Yelp reviews that the popcorn was cold.
Speaker 1: So I said that the martinis came in over big wine glass and oh yeah, minutes into a movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're still talking about it.
Speaker 6: The other thing that's hilarious is they have frequent novelty cocktails that come in glasses that are bigger than their couple versus.
Speaker 1: So you have to put like glass on the floor.
Speaker 6: I mean there's like a little tidy, like like you know, desk table thing, but if you got food and a humongous cocktail, there's.
Speaker 3: Nowhere to put I love.
Speaker 5: The reason I can keep talking about this is Victors put this in the chat. That's the experience I like. I totally agree. I like bad stuff, so.
Speaker 4: I kind of think I would love Yeah.
Speaker 3: I recommend check it out.
Speaker 6: You have literally nothing to lose. There's a real chance that it won't even cost you money to go in and just see. It's you either love it or you don't. But I personally love it eighty percent of the time. I would say I would like it for eighty percent of yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay. I think it's like one of those things when you go in there being like, yo, this is about to be some shit. You're prepared and that's all you need. If you go in there and being like, oh, it's a dining cinema and then you get some other shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll be.
Speaker 1: You'll be like, no one took our tickets, Like at that Bridgerton Ball in Detroit, anyone could just walked in here. It is the Bridgerton Ball of like, it's technically not a scam. They give you everything to the letter that said they would give you right. Right.
Speaker 3: The spirit is very much not there, but.
Speaker 1: You were operating on a different You knew what the assumption would be, and it was a little bit different. Anyway, you can find a thing. I like, I've just been watching. Look, I don't know anything about the Marvel cinematic universe aside from everything I absorbed sort of ambiently, and I started watching WandaVision because I wanted to watch the Agatha all Along show. Most people were like, you should watch WandaVision if you even want to even make because I was like, I want to see Catherine Hahn and this other thing, and I didn't. I'm like so confused what you want? But it's fucking tight. I'm like, wait, isn't that the girl? I saw her in the Captain Marvel movie? And I'm like I'm doing the thing where people are like, yeah, it's the cinematic universe, dummy. But hey, listeners, if there's other things I should be aware of that make it make more sense, I'm all ears because I liked At first. I was like, this is kind of cool, this genre bendy thing, and then it became more of a mystery show, which I'm also liking. Anyway. You can find me at Miles of Gray on Twitter and Instagram. You can find Jack and I on the basketball podcast I was with Jackot Matt Boosties. You can also catch me talking about ninety day Fiance on four to twenty Day Fiance and yeah, find us at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram at daily Zeitgeist on Twitter. We got a Facebook fan based on the website daily zey Guys dot com where we post our episodes.
Speaker 3: And our footnotes.
Speaker 1: Bang you Andrew, where you can find all all the articles we talked about, and a song we are going to be writing out on. The song we are going to be writing out on is by a London R and B singer named Bena b I n A. The track is called Dopamine and it's just one of those kind of like dark, brooding sort of R and B tracks with A.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's it's dope.
Speaker 3: It's dope.
Speaker 1: You like this. If you like brooding R and B, you're gonna like her just generally her her body of work is fantastic. So this is Bena with dopamine. The Daily Gas is a production of My Heart Radio. So for more podcasts on my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio ap app podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite free shows. That is going to do it for us today or at least this morning. We'll be back later to tell you what's trending.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: So we'll see then.
Speaker 3: Peace,