Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 3: Either way, we want to be there. Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim. You give us time and a termino and gay.
Speaker 4: We want to send you off in style. You wanna welcome you back home? Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her?
Speaker 2: Was it fine?
Speaker 1: Malborn?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need.
Speaker 6: With?
Speaker 2: Karen and Chris welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 6: This is Karen Colgarat did I you yes? Your hand gestures were out of control.
Speaker 2: I was trying to poke your eyes. We are driving.
Speaker 5: And uh and it seems like it's been a while.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I just remembered a gift I was given at a meet and greet the last weekend we were in I believe we were in Minneapolis, but it could have been Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Somebody cross stitched the lyrics to the Taurus ad song kidding. So it's in these beautiful all caps, cross stitched all different colors to us.
Speaker 1: Now there's an American car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: It it goes on.
Speaker 6: It's like it looks like a big paragraph that is amazing. I opened it because some places don't let us, don't let people give us gifts in the line because it takes a long time, and they and then we go over our time. So sometimes we go backstage and there's just literally a table with presents on it for us, like it's our little birthday party after the show. That's so great, and we open things and then people either have told us I'm the one that made you the mug with the mustache on it or whatever. That's usually his first even but yeah, this time it was kind of a blind one. No one had warned me, and I opened this thing and I like almost cried.
Speaker 5: It made me so up, mainly because someone puts so much work into that at the risk of maybe never.
Speaker 2: Possibly not getting to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah true, and also that I feel like that joke is like our oldest and kind of dumbest, Like I feel it it's hard joke that like people can't enjoy, and so the idea that there's somebody not only enjoying it but like cross stitching their heart out.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, to that person.
Speaker 2: That's the best.
Speaker 5: And thank you everyone for telling me to celebrate turtle Day. I've become some turtle ambassador for it, but I appreciate the job title and I'm going to do my best.
Speaker 6: It's awesome. You'll be a great turtle ambassador because you're real.
Speaker 5: Slow, and I was, yes, I am, I'm no, but that's who wins the race. Yeah, and that slow and steady has never won any race of any kind. It's always been who's fast.
Speaker 1: And more who's fast and who doesn't break their ankle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know what kind of race that this was with this turtle and this rabbit.
Speaker 6: I think it's like philosophical, Yeah yeah, it was real, like preachy, teachy type of race.
Speaker 5: But I thought I was just kind of talking out of my ass when I say the turtles make eye contact. But I did a little research, and they very very much do look right at your face.
Speaker 2: Really they were. I yeah, I got video footage of them.
Speaker 5: But then I put a little emoji of an eye over his real eye, and so I.
Speaker 2: Covered up the actual eyeball truth with a.
Speaker 5: JOKEI but he was looking, he turned his head and he looked right at me, like it's not. Their eyes are on the sides of their heads, so that's why I know, because he has to turn to the side and then point.
Speaker 2: The eyeball at me. Yeah. Yeah, and it was very I really appreciated it.
Speaker 6: You had a good experience with the turtle, but then you also had a great experience of being right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's and which that's what life's all about.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I think so when it comes.
Speaker 2: To environmental things, being right is also a big.
Speaker 1: Part of it, because you know, what, we should save the whales.
Speaker 6: So then to actually say that and know you're right and know that that makes someone else wrong is such a good feeling because then you're saving whales and you're winning.
Speaker 2: Yep, I love it.
Speaker 1: I don't think you needed an example, but I love to give one.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I'm glad we brought whales into it, because that's next.
Speaker 6: As far as have you ever made eye contact with a fucking whale.
Speaker 5: I haven't been on I've been on boats and I've waited to see them, but they haven't reached the surface yet.
Speaker 2: And I've wasted a lot of money on cruises.
Speaker 6: You're like, I need a breaching tonight. This is my last eighty dollars. I need a breach.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you about the time I was on a cruise ship and playing shuffleboard, and it was late night. I couldn't sleep because I was seasick, and looked out and there was a ghost boat, like a boat, a rickety old boat that someone had added a little roof like it was a row boat in the middle of the ocean. Oh no, there were two to three days in between a stop like Rowatan and hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't know where. I can't remember what, yeh.
Speaker 1: And there was just some lost person's.
Speaker 5: Boat, the flickering light on the boat, and and but the water was shaky enough to where it would tilt, and you could see the.
Speaker 2: Bottom of the boat. And there was no one in it. Oh no, but there was a light flickering. Here's ghost boat.
Speaker 1: Ghost boat. It's a real thing, Bridger.
Speaker 2: Sorry I timed it wrong.
Speaker 6: Hi. It's yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's our guest for your winers.
Speaker 7: Here microphones. I'm no longer holding it, right, I mean, I was looking forward to holding a microphone, but this is now. I can do anything I want.
Speaker 1: With my hand, that's right. Welcome to season two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and last time you were probably in the back of a less reliable vehicle was perhaps more dogs.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: It was years and years ago. Yeah, I think two thousand and sixteen. Maybe. Oh my god, we've grown so much. We've all changed. I'm not the same at all.
Speaker 5: I'm not as good as I'm getting more quick to anger these days and put on Smellby's.
Speaker 7: You are a different man. Yeah, and you know, we're just gonna have to deal with that.
Speaker 2: I'm happy, We're happy. I'll speak with Karen. We're happy to see you. Thank you, Thank you, Karen. Do you have anything to say to me on my behalf?
Speaker 1: Chris and I would like you to know.
Speaker 6: That it's been too long and we need to know every single thing you've done since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just get started.
Speaker 7: It's the road. Go to San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, we're going on along. Read a list, yes, Oh my god. To pull out my scroll and make a short hour.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 7: It's Sunday, Yes, it's Memorial Day weekend. I chose to go to Ikea. I have nothing to say that people have heard before about ikea.
Speaker 1: On a holiday weekend.
Speaker 2: At least meatballs.
Speaker 7: I hadn't eat a meatball. It's ex I mean, it's so tiring. I don't even know how to explain the feeling. It like breaks you down into an animal in a way that's like like it's such an unnatural thing for a person to be and you're surrounded by hundreds of people. It's just like it feels like the system is glitching for me because there are people in every corner of my eye and I don't know where I'm headed.
Speaker 2: It's such a bizarre experience.
Speaker 6: And the path is a little windy, like you're not sure where you've been and you don't know where you're.
Speaker 5: Going, no idea, right, And I don't know if all the ikeas are like this. I've only been to a couple of them, but some of the pathways just have a employee's only looking door, like a metal Oh sure, sure, both saloon style of a kitchen door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, am I allowed in here?
Speaker 5: And then it yes, I thought I was going into the kitchen because you don't know where the mayk and know.
Speaker 7: It's you frequently go through that door and then you're back to where you began rather than closer to the finish.
Speaker 2: Why am I keep? Why am I keep? I end up my little kid beds.
Speaker 7: I walk around the store, My eyes are truly always wet, just on the verge of tears, just wondering when is this going to end?
Speaker 6: And what are you looking for? Or what were you looking for today this Memorial Day weekend?
Speaker 7: Today I actually went with the plan. Last a couple months ago, I went without a plan and just a true mental spiral, left the store with nothing and was just so depleted. Today, I went for a shoe rack, which I am not using as for shoes, but I'm using it to organize my jeens in my closet, so I'm stacking those.
Speaker 2: But I went to find the cheapest one.
Speaker 7: Of course, had to ask three separate employees to direct me to it. We finally got to the spot, I had the employee finally just guide me to the spot. They were not there, so eventually I just had to go out into the warehouse. And it was so surreal because the store was insane. I go down to the aisle that I've been directed to and you the further, I didn't realize you could get so deep into that warehouse that eventually it's quiet and there's no one there. It's like you're in the forest. It was incredible. I just stood there and then I literally I went and opened the package. It was like the mom opening the underwear to make sure they fit you sort of thing the back of the store, because I was not leaving knowing without knowing that it was going to work for me. Right, So I got two shoe racks. I bought four plates to eat cookies off of specifically, yeah, literally just for cookies. I'm not exaggerated.
Speaker 1: Sorry, did the plate have cookies on them?
Speaker 7: They should have had cookies on them, But they'll have cookies on them tonight. But no decorative Oh no, These are, of course seventy nine cents each.
Speaker 2: They are bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 6: Plates, because you know, sometimes these days it's it's like wine and cookies. Bitch, Like everything you buy have a directive of what you're using it for.
Speaker 1: Who you want to call a bitch?
Speaker 7: I don't need a fate to have an attitude.
Speaker 2: It's the worst.
Speaker 7: Although I did just buy a used mug that said that says up yours on the bottom.
Speaker 2: Still stupid, So when.
Speaker 6: You're sucking back your caffeine, you're also offending somebody in the office.
Speaker 7: Yeah, imagine it was made.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 5: So when you had the employee, you got an employee to help you find these shoe racks.
Speaker 2: I got three employees.
Speaker 7: One employee didn't look look at me the entire time I was talking to him. He was just scrolling through a phone and telling me, Oh, it's on the left of the wall, and there are a.
Speaker 2: Million walls in the store. Which left.
Speaker 7: So finally I got to this third employee who I was able to follow to the location where the demo item was supposed to be. And apparently a shopper had had it and had just taken the demo item and bought it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's Mayhem.
Speaker 2: During the middle of a shoe wreck demo.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 5: So the salesman that couldn't look at you, maybe it was because he didn't understand as I don't. And I'm not saying I'm not looking at you because my eyes are on the road, even though I'm not right. How do you put your pants in a shoe rack? You roll them up to shoe size and then put them in there.
Speaker 7: Listen like a tube. This item is groastly mislabeled. It's not just for shoes, Okay, there's plenty of space for any item you want to put on.
Speaker 2: It's like a cuby.
Speaker 7: They should call it a mini wreck, just to leave it up to meet them what I want to put on it. I don't need to put.
Speaker 2: Shoes, shoe my throat.
Speaker 7: I shouldn't be shamed for wanting to put jeans on these wrecks.
Speaker 2: Jeans and then you take it sippier up yours mugs. They really get the picture.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I kia.
Speaker 7: So that was kind of my you know, just bone aching Sunday afternoon. I also drove a forgotten to I put on my phone no highways on Google Maps, and so it took me directly through the park rather than on the freeway. It was twenty five miles an hour the entire way to Hikiya, yes, which was honestly kind of nice. That's just nice to slow down.
Speaker 1: Do you know that? When I oh, is she from the Renaissance fair?
Speaker 2: I think way, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's.
Speaker 6: When I lived in Silver Lake and worked in Burbank, I would often get on the freeway, and because my job was so stressful, I would have a panic attack on the freeway and then get off and drive the rest of the way through Griffith Park.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that's a great idea. It was very relaxed.
Speaker 1: It helped me a lot.
Speaker 6: I've told the story on the show so many times, and my favorite thing that ever happened was, Oh, I'm not going to remember his name. You know the guy Dean from Quantum Leap that was like the guy that was kind of in charge.
Speaker 1: Not the Dean stock one. Dean Stockwell.
Speaker 2: Sure one time?
Speaker 1: Why Why? Because because you got it?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: And why Dean Stockwell?
Speaker 6: I have to stopped for him as he drove across the that street in Griffith Park in his golf cart, because he was golfing, And I stopped for him when a lot of people were just going like.
Speaker 7: Thiswhere right here you can make eye contact, Kenya.
Speaker 1: You're ashamed of your bad behavior, look down.
Speaker 2: I'm out of him.
Speaker 6: So I stopped to make sure no golfers were killed that morning, and Dean Stockwell gave me like a soldiers salute.
Speaker 1: He was so thrilled to have been given the right of way. He felt respected he did, and I did respect him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right. He guides you to different lives that you slip into.
Speaker 1: It's true, Well you gotta respect that.
Speaker 7: I imagine those golf carts are almost constantly being hit in that park. Twenty five miles an hour feels slow to a lot of people, and people are zipping past you. Yep, and uh yeah, it's probably a dangerous place to be, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because I think a lot of people are trying to get off.
Speaker 6: The freeway in around freeway traffic, and then because of that, they're not They're not using it luxuriously the way I would where I didn't want to ever get to work, so I was driving as slow just just.
Speaker 1: Whatever you do.
Speaker 2: You're walking all over today. Yeah, this is amazing.
Speaker 6: This is people in Los Angeles and then on the roads of Los Angeles are on their worst behavior today.
Speaker 2: It's raining.
Speaker 5: Do you guys possibly see the Quantum Leap episode where he ends up in the body? You know, there's no warning. He just ends up in these situations. And sometimes he's on a horse, there's a gunfight.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 5: One time he's just a boy in a bedroom and then he looks in the mirror and he's a down syndrome person. And then I actually they wrote down in the script and he delivered the line I'm retarded.
Speaker 7: I just saw this unbelievable, insane to watch. Some guy wrote that down and they all said, yeah, I have to say this, A full team of adults the bottom.
Speaker 2: We're fine with that. Yeah, yeah, and the oh it was it's a very jarring scene to watch.
Speaker 5: It is very jarring. So everyone watched that. If you want to field jars, check it out.
Speaker 6: And sorry to bring this up, but then, if we're talking about jarring scenes from eighties series, do you think it is less or more jarring than.
Speaker 1: The one where Haley Joel.
Speaker 6: Osmond says from Walker Texas Ranger Walker told me I have aids.
Speaker 2: I remember that one.
Speaker 7: I just watched that video as well. In the last week. I've watched both of these videos. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So pre sixth Sense, he was doing some non union Texas. I think he was getting aids.
Speaker 5: You had to go to Texas to be in that show. They shot everything in Texas, isn't true. Yes, And I auditioned for a couple of things. Maybe I didn't get the Haley Joel, I could have been.
Speaker 2: The would have been perfect for this nine year old boy. I know I was in my mid twenties all of it. But wow, Haley Joel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a very oddsome So Bridget you've seen the two recently, how do you think they compare and stack up?
Speaker 7: I would say I think that, Haley joelan works. Uh, it's a more fun thing to watch the other one. You're just you do not understand what's going on, and the clip ends and you're as baffled as when you began.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you even nothing before or after that scene is going to make up for what you just watched.
Speaker 7: Oh no, you're just it makes you more lost in.
Speaker 2: The world even being stop Welsh. I mean, what does Bacula vaculus Scott blacula?
Speaker 6: Now my question is for the rest of that episode he would then was a person being treated like like? Was that the lesson that this is how people treat people a downstream? We have to change it?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 5: I can't believe I said that earlier in the episode he looks the camera.
Speaker 6: Is that the lesson learned is is he can't believe or something?
Speaker 5: Yes, don't every At the end he just looks in the camera and says, don't use the R word.
Speaker 7: Well, you better be looking in the mirror and telling.
Speaker 6: Himself that, yeah, start with the man in the mirror.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Contextually, I can't figure out where that scene would take place in an episode, or where it would go or begin.
Speaker 2: It's very confused.
Speaker 5: It has everything about its screams, cold open, starting with that cold open, and then they went to commercial.
Speaker 1: Here's a taste test of what this show is like. Just no, we don't know if we're still there though.
Speaker 5: It's and there was no theme music, so you know it's going to be a serious episode.
Speaker 2: Oh Yeahla, it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of Blacula. Now I've done.
Speaker 6: I just want the audience at home to know I've made the worst mistake you can make in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: The driver I have just driven us.
Speaker 2: In are we going to a cure concept?
Speaker 6: I have driven us directly into Hollywood Bowl traffic.
Speaker 1: I have sat because I live.
Speaker 6: In Burbank and often do things in Hollywood, and I have sat on this strip of road for two fucking hours waiting for the Hollywood Bowl to either load in or load out.
Speaker 7: There is no reason to be here unless we're going to Billy Joel.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry to everyone in the car.
Speaker 7: This feels insane. Karen and I don't know. I don't understand why there would be traffic right now though it's Sunday night and it's raining.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, but it's the because because Billy Joel is.
Speaker 2: The rains and the rain.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what are they They're about to have a rain picnic while Stings sings some ship from Cream of the Blue Turtles exciting.
Speaker 2: Three scooters. It's a whole flock.
Speaker 1: Oh no, scooters have taken over this town.
Speaker 7: I thought that they would come and go, and they're certainly here to stay.
Speaker 5: They are only multiplying and ending up in trees in the ocean. I know people that make a living off of retrieving them. Really, how does that work? The bounty for a scooter that you toss into an ocean goes up to somewhere near fifty bucks if you rent My neighbor rented a sprinter van.
Speaker 7: I thought you were going to say he rented a submarine.
Speaker 2: He rented.
Speaker 5: There are so many scooters in the bottom of the ocean. A lot of scooters are ending up in turtle nostrils.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I know.
Speaker 5: I have to go there, don't I Yeah, he made so much money because you can put one hundred of these a night into it, and I think it's like five dollars to go.
Speaker 2: You take them home and recharge them. What he then where do you deliver? You can make more than an uber driver charging scooters.
Speaker 7: That is full, That truly makes sentence.
Speaker 5: He ended up buying an actual van much like the one he rented with his scooter money with hit scooter money, and he still retarded scooters and also helps people move with a with a like app.
Speaker 6: I like this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's got he's uh, he's got a business. What kind of van is he driving?
Speaker 7: Tell me again, it's a sprinter van. It's like one of those windows that are very tall. Yeah, it's very tall. You can stand in them.
Speaker 2: I always think to put scooters in, sure.
Speaker 6: And also to put bands in because you always see those sprinter vans driving around near the studios, because like the band on Conan that night showed up in one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: And I mean regular Chevy vans look pretty cool and uh, you know, you gotta hunch over and then your your whole band ends up with like a hunched back.
Speaker 7: Becomes kind of your gimmick, and then eventually people outgrow that.
Speaker 6: And they're like, we got to do something else besides bending over in the mid.
Speaker 2: Back that gets in the way of the song riding.
Speaker 6: I can't breathe properly.
Speaker 2: Oh this happening, it's just well limps.
Speaker 6: That'll be our new thing. Guy says, anyone here.
Speaker 7: I can see the there's something happening on that little sign, but I can't tell what it's.
Speaker 5: So I have terrific vision. Let me interrupt everyone on the block?
Speaker 2: It says, what could that be on the Block tour?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's New Kids, New Kids on the.
Speaker 2: Kier and Billy Joel. It's the perfect ticket.
Speaker 5: It also says tape tour. There's a pole in the way, and then it says, oh night. I can only assume there's a tea behind them.
Speaker 2: William New Kids on the Block the Tape Tour Tonight figured it out.
Speaker 7: It's actually of the mixtape tour with Tiffany Salt and Peppa Divvy. Excuse me, I had a vowel problem. Yeah, Tibby, I'm your number one fan.
Speaker 2: Why did you marry Bruce? What is that show? Oh?
Speaker 7: No, I cannot imagine sitting through that entire event.
Speaker 6: I feel like there are people who are at this event who something very traumatic happened their freshman year in high school and they can't let it go.
Speaker 2: No question wants to new Kids on the Block.
Speaker 7: I've seen one of them perform in them all, Tipney. I saw a member of New Kids. Some friends of mine were fans of his in about seventh grade, Jordan Knight.
Speaker 5: I think I'm sure he always had He always seemed like he might be kind of slimy.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 7: I mean he's performing in malls. In nineteen ninety eight, he performed in front of the Gap and I can't remember anything else about it, but Jordan Knight. He's back in Hollywood, so he's back on top. Those are all locations that.
Speaker 2: Flashers go to.
Speaker 6: That was the night that Bridger brought his first pair of jeans that he that he still has this day of words to put in a shoe.
Speaker 7: Beautifully stored on top of the three dollars.
Speaker 2: Rack.
Speaker 1: I still don't have the visual on how you store jeans on your shoe.
Speaker 6: Rack.
Speaker 2: I know, I let it go.
Speaker 7: You've got to use your imagination here, But I mean, imagine a beautiful four inch by nine inch long rack. They stuck on top of each other, and they're also storing my shorts, which I've discovered. I have more shorts than I expected, summertime shorts. Yes, I'm ready for summer, if that ever comes. But it feels like we've entered a rain world, which is fine.
Speaker 1: Yes, I prefer it.
Speaker 7: I would much rather this this sky from now on, me too, but it is. You know, we've all got to organize our closets in one way or the other.
Speaker 1: But four inch by nine inch what are you doing?
Speaker 7: Four inches deep? Okay, well, it's actually probably shoe inches deep, right right, the size of an eight to nine men's.
Speaker 2: Hue shoe inches they are their own measurements, or.
Speaker 1: Three inches.
Speaker 7: And then maybe a foot a foot long. That doesn't seem big enough for pants. I don't know what to tell anyone. I have horrible space, not.
Speaker 2: A twelve inch foot the length of a foot foot.
Speaker 1: Ye, stop lying about this jew wrap.
Speaker 2: Well is up.
Speaker 7: I didn't buy anything, and I have not been taik. I knew this was all a lie, big with my lie, and I've been exposed.
Speaker 5: Next thing you're going to tell, tell me is the new kids aren't kids anymore.
Speaker 2: They're full grown middle age men. Yeah, there is a shoe rack in my new closet.
Speaker 5: Oh, do you have shoes on it? It is No, I don't see how it works. It must be for heels. What I don't It's like wires. There are there are compartments, and there are wires going across, and I think the wires like thick wires where you would just hang a heel of a shoe tyrack.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's a tyrack because your apartment's old fashioned, and that's back when everybody had a thousand.
Speaker 5: Everyone they had a thousand ties, and they only had one appliance in each room.
Speaker 2: Because there's zero outlets in my house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, extension cords everywhere and the whole thing's a bit of a fire hazard.
Speaker 2: And that sounds perfect. Yeah it is. I love to live by the seat of my pants or fly by them.
Speaker 7: It's time for you to buy more ties and less electronics.
Speaker 1: And grow up.
Speaker 2: Grow up.
Speaker 1: Your apartment's telling you to grow up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I should go get a desk job and stop watching all these TVs in my house.
Speaker 1: Why not become a door to door tie salesman?
Speaker 2: I've done all the other door to door stuff.
Speaker 7: Have you done any door to door jobs I have?
Speaker 5: I have. I sold coupon books for serendipity ventures. Okay, I did cutcoa knife salesman, of course.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 5: For my baseball team, I sold a lot of chocolate bar Well, I ate half of them. Oh, and my dad had to fork over some money.
Speaker 1: Seem Wait, have we talked about this on the show.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I never had access to chocolate my mom, only at carab And then all of a sudden, I have a box of chocolate bars.
Speaker 2: Of course, they're going down my hatch.
Speaker 6: Okay, this makes me feel so much better because in eighth grade, we did a chocolate fundraising sale at my school and at the end when I went to count everything up, I was thirty dollars short because I had just eaten a box of candy bars slowly over the month, just like as I did my.
Speaker 1: Homework, just chilling out eating candy bars.
Speaker 6: And I was like, wait what Yeah, I was like convinced someone stole the box. And I actually got up in front of my class and cry, oh really.
Speaker 1: Because I was like, someone stole this wax. And then later on when I realized I had just eaten it all.
Speaker 6: It was like that weird show. My face got real hot, and I was just kind of by myself, like I'm the worst person.
Speaker 7: It was kind of a sugar and insolent thing. You got overwhelmed and then forgot about it.
Speaker 6: No. I think I was in either denial or I was eating so mindlessly that that I didn't really Yeah, it wasn't like I would just be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I'm just gonna have another quick one.
Speaker 7: Well you have the pressure of the sails on. You were just blinded by fundraiser.
Speaker 6: Trying to escape eighth grade, which was such a terrible time.
Speaker 7: Oh, the just darkest, just like the weirdest part of you're not human for like three years. Yeah, in this dark cave of.
Speaker 1: Like hormones and confusion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so pain.
Speaker 6: I just didn't get it because going to like hippie schools where everybody was friends and that was a big thing about friendship and friends, and all of a sudden, boys wouldn't talk to girls and they only paid attention to like the hot girls and all that shit. It was such a jarring change where I was like, sorry, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Like you don't know what is this?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have no idea what to do with yourself or your friends, and I don't know.
Speaker 6: It all gets very sexual, but like at different times for different people, so I think all the shame it just starts becoming like this big shame pool, yes, but varying levels, so no one really knows what anyone else's boner is about.
Speaker 7: And that was just me for like another an extra fourteen years on top of it to us coming out of it.
Speaker 2: Have you ever peddled anywheres on the street spreader, you know?
Speaker 7: I think I sold popcorn for the Boys Scouts, which I mean, what a horrible move on their part not to just do cookies right right?
Speaker 1: You can't bite the old girl Scout, ye seen.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 7: I mean Keebler certainly has had no problem taking over the girl. They truly have just ripped off every girl's Scout cookie and put them on store shelves with.
Speaker 2: Their little cartoons and a treehouse gimmick.
Speaker 7: Exactly the boy Scouts, though they tried the you know, flavored popcorn that nobody wants. I also think they sold microwave popcorn, which just feels like such a not a thing anyone wants to buy door to door.
Speaker 2: You're really right.
Speaker 6: Unless you're high. And then somebody rings your doorbell and you're like, I can't get it. It's the cops.
Speaker 1: And you're like, you know what, I'm gonna roll the dice.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna buy a bag of microwave pop Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then you're like, can you come in and actually show me how to do it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: But then but also you're that's actually not even possible because you're buying it like for future use. You're like, because the popcorn will be later delivered to you, which are so crazy. Yes, I'd like some popcorn in three months.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna really save up for it's gonna be a special occasion.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 6: Wait.
Speaker 5: My dad always told me that the sales is like the worst job because they remember selling life insurance policies and successfully selling one to someone that really didn't need it maybe or didn't have the money, and feeling.
Speaker 2: Terrible and quitting that day.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I remember when we were young, there was a this of course isn't a thing anymore, but they were selling like encyclopedias. There was like they come to your house to sell you encyclopedia. It's just as random as popcorn to want to sell you reference books for your home.
Speaker 7: It's so bizarre. At some point that apparently was very much a need. People were like, well, I'm not I mean, I'm not going to seris to buy my encyclopedias. So I guess somebody will show up at some point and we'll get the knowledge, right, yeah, six.
Speaker 5: Books, and we will see them and feel sorry for them because they didn't have a suit without a stain on the front, and buy overpriced books just because the person seems like they are desperately needing to sell some books.
Speaker 7: My question about an encyclopedia salesman is did they have like sample books they were bringing along or giant brief.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they must have, Like they must have been a ruler.
Speaker 2: Case, right, yeah, yeah, you're right, it was.
Speaker 6: I I remember getting encyclopedias. My parents were like and here's the encyclopedias that we bought you, and they're like thanks, like they did this presentation like it was this great thing, and we're like great books, like books to help us read other books. And I remember doing in sixth grade when I had to do my report, everybody drew a country name out of a bowl but that was a like I basically got picked second to last. So I got Iceland and my friend Holly got Malta. And there's no way to get information on Iceland in nineteen eighty four except for going to I went to the tour the tourists what do you call the travel agency downtown?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: And then I went to these brand new encyclopedias. I found the page on Iceland and I ripped it out out of the brand new encyclopedia, like I need this later, and I'm almost like, what are you doing?
Speaker 7: This was out of the family owned encyclopedia.
Speaker 1: That was really new, it was like two months old.
Speaker 5: And meanwhile I'm looking at pages from an underwear catalog. But the Internet is so important.
Speaker 2: That kind of opened everything.
Speaker 7: Bounce from Iceland to underwear ads, do whatever you.
Speaker 1: Want without going into a ravine of any kind.
Speaker 5: And exactly, if I'm not mistaken, Iceland is green and Greenland is icy, right.
Speaker 7: That's how you remember? Yes, I looked as much colder than ice.
Speaker 5: And stag tites might fall down and stalagmites tight.
Speaker 2: No, no liquor never sick. Yes, okay, thank.
Speaker 7: You, Like there's no reason for anyone to actually need to know the difference between us stilect tight and a stelect mike. No point will that come into.
Speaker 2: Us for you.
Speaker 6: But imagine if they taught everything else the way that they taught things like that, where it's like, oh, we've got this great noumatic aid, this is the way we should be teaching everything, but we'll only do it for things that hang in case.
Speaker 7: Imagine if they taught you that about doing your taxes, there any skill that you actually.
Speaker 1: Need actually using the day to day as in your adult life.
Speaker 5: Have I talked about this that they had a class in high school our senior year called prep for Life, and I one hundred percent thought they would teach us how to pay taxes because I was so paranoid graduating high school about things like tax Sure.
Speaker 2: Sure, I had a tax father.
Speaker 7: You had a tax father.
Speaker 5: I had a tax father the county, the county tax assessor for their Department of Revenue. That was tax father, and I he was the same as my real father.
Speaker 1: Oh my day.
Speaker 2: You mean by day he was tax father for all the other towns children, but at night he was just.
Speaker 6: Deady a tax father. Please get me some kind of a rebate.
Speaker 5: You're in prep for life class and they're just teaching you how to make cookies?
Speaker 2: Which brit are you going to love?
Speaker 7: Of course, I learned that I took so many foods classes in high school. I took probably two every semester. Yeah, but wait, what was happening in this prep class?
Speaker 2: That's all was. It was a homech like going to iron and so a button on your.
Speaker 5: Shiest and it was given the lofty title of preparing you for white?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's how do I get a divorce? Where do I? These are things I'm worried about at eighteen? For some reason?
Speaker 7: Those are the things you need to know.
Speaker 2: What if a man approaches me with a knife and an alley, how do I defend myself?
Speaker 6: What's more important is that can you be a skullmade? Now, come over here and learn these things?
Speaker 1: Darney socks.
Speaker 2: This happens to a lot of people.
Speaker 6: Cook this lasagna. That's the best protection against a mammoth. A knife, A hot lasagna or.
Speaker 5: A macro may owl distract him. He'll drop the knife. If you do a good job on the owl.
Speaker 1: That would be amazing.
Speaker 6: If the home like the home classes of yesteryear, were also self defense classes in general general safety classes.
Speaker 7: Oh, I would love to learn a few techniques to take down an anima.
Speaker 1: With their knitting needles.
Speaker 5: It ends up defending yourself with a fresh baked pie in the face.
Speaker 2: They somehow have to intertwine.
Speaker 6: Now, make sure you use a potholder so that your hand doesn't burn while you put this scalding pie into the intruder space.
Speaker 5: We just wrote what will Orlando being at seven or eight minute sketch on SNL.
Speaker 7: They will be using a wind sock to like take out somebody attacking them in an Yes? Yes, did you have to make wind socks in middle school?
Speaker 2: Now? Am I saying that?
Speaker 6: Right? Just?
Speaker 2: What does anyone even know what a wind is? Before the Internet?
Speaker 5: You couldn't just type in how windy is it outside? You had to judge it by the tenacity of a sock of my colorful sock. I know what a windsock is because we had a very popular hang gliding vista near my house in Missoula, and there's always a wind sock up there and you look up at it. Boy, it's windy out today. There's a wind sock on top of that building.
Speaker 2: You're kidding?
Speaker 5: Any classic windsock oh, windsaw. It's an orange classic windsack. You think they don't exist anymore until you're.
Speaker 7: Looking for it, until you're speaking of them.
Speaker 2: That they appear in drones. It's almost scary. A wind sock army will approach.
Speaker 7: The wind sock I made in seventh grade. Now they got in the sewing machine.
Speaker 1: Did you get kicked out of that class I had?
Speaker 7: I had to go after school to make my wind sock. It was so poorly made. Its humiliating it. I can't work with my hands. I'm just not.
Speaker 2: I'm not built to work with my hands.
Speaker 1: But you are being asked to sew like nylon.
Speaker 5: A full nylon sock, which it sounds. I mean it is a tapered cylinder, a fabric.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's hard to figure it.
Speaker 7: Oh, it was extremely difficult. I mean it seems fun at first you get to pick the three colors.
Speaker 2: I did the Utah.
Speaker 7: Jazz, and then you're making it and suddenly like you haven't used a sewing machine before, and you have to make a thing that is going to billow in the wind.
Speaker 2: Forget it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and sewing machines, because I took sewing in four each are insanity they just it's insanity.
Speaker 2: You're putting your fingers next to this needle that's just pounding.
Speaker 6: Down, and it doesn't stop when you stop it. It stops when it's done. After you stop it.
Speaker 5: Oh, and it's done going between that flap between your forefinger and thumb.
Speaker 2: That's all that hor I can't I always. I don't mean some night, I don't know if it's a show I saw that's a final destination.
Speaker 5: It's the worst thing I can think of, like a water slide made of razor blades. Yeah, there are certain things that I always thought of as a kid to make me. I don't know, to fag yourself out now. I just think about the things I've said at parties. But the sewing machine thing is just so horrifying. I don't think I'll ever learn how to. I want to sew, I know, I want to have my own course.
Speaker 6: It would be fun and interesting, but there's too much risk involved.
Speaker 7: Karen and four h did you make anything with sewing machine?
Speaker 6: Yes, I had a pillow that I had for years, and I bet you it's still like at my sister's house.
Speaker 1: It was a pillow that I sewed a green.
Speaker 6: I think I I think I undersold and just made it a three leaf clover, but it was. It was a it was this three or four but from when I remember three leaf clover on the front and then on the the piece of material was like green floral pattern, so like it was a cute throw pillow with lace.
Speaker 1: Around the outside. Very understuffed.
Speaker 6: I was afraid to overstuff it, so it was a little climsy. And my aunt Jean was the one who taught sewing, so it was all I felt like I should be should have been better at it than I was, like, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't that good.
Speaker 5: A lot of pressure coming from a family of professional pillow makers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: They made their fortune.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't know.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm the heiress to the throw pillow fortune.
Speaker 1: All throw pillows are made by my dad.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to get us to that drive through Starbucks, but I think I've taken the wrong way.
Speaker 5: I have so many Starbucks cards from the road that apparently it makes my voice crack.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of talking about it.
Speaker 5: I just really love contributing to that giant company that we mentioned.
Speaker 2: Let's just put money into their bank. They can get interest from.
Speaker 5: Sure, there's these mod pop coffees that taste better, but there's grounds in the bottom.
Speaker 1: I don't know though.
Speaker 6: People say that all the time, but I have been so severely disappointed by so many mom and top right coffee things on the road.
Speaker 1: Where like, I know the level of bad and good that.
Speaker 6: I'm going to get from Starbucks every single time.
Speaker 2: Right, that's true. I appreciate you know it will just be fine and you can move on. Yeah, and there's no moms or pops involved. Yeah? Which other people?
Speaker 6: Your parents?
Speaker 2: They stand?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Your house smells weird. Why do you serve pepsi at dinner? These children have to eat normal nutrition?
Speaker 2: Why am I locked up down here?
Speaker 6: Where are the children here? I'm here to play with children.
Speaker 2: It's not a sleepover at all.
Speaker 1: This is very strange.
Speaker 2: Somebody take off a ski mask.
Speaker 6: Now, Bridger, you grew up in Utah. From Utah, you played on the Utah Jazz for years.
Speaker 7: Well, John Stockton and I would kind of switch off share with Karl Malone.
Speaker 6: What is the because I think, like I've we've done shows there a couple of times, like it's so beautiful, so cool.
Speaker 1: What do you think is the weirdest part about growing up in Utah. What was for you?
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean obvious. The obvious point would just be Mormonism in general. Okay, there are so many facets to that, but yes, I side, I would say, just like the small part of that is the amount of milk being drank with things that aren't cookies. Okay, because I will, I will say I will stand up for drinking milk with cookies as an adult. I've been shaying multiple times about being an adult who drinks milk with cookies. But I think that's a perfectly acceptable thing. Mormons drink milk with just straight up every meal. Yeah, like pizza, las ya, that's.
Speaker 2: A good one.
Speaker 5: I mean, stull, you got anything cheese, baked, cheese based and baked.
Speaker 7: But to me that seems too much crazy. Yeah, to be drinking just a dairy product with like a meal, like eating a chicken breast and drinking milk seems like something has snapped.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, that's we did that in my home.
Speaker 6: I mean, growing up, we had milk with every meal because Petaluma was such a huge, so many dairy ranchers were there.
Speaker 2: Oh, that makes so much supporting the hometown.
Speaker 6: Yes market, they had lots of milk and billboards for milk and don't forget to drink your milk like all that, like yes, all that milk advertising that was supporting basically the business of our town.
Speaker 7: And I think there was just a period when everyone, everybody got tricked into thinking, you've got to just stuff your body with milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this will help you grow, right, It's.
Speaker 1: Good for your bones, teeth, hair, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was the reason I had never broken a bone, not the fact that I hadn't fallen or anything.
Speaker 2: It's nothing to do. I was in trouble once at school. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 5: I had to see the principle because I was being disruptive because I was clearing my throat all the time, and I had to go to a doctor and the doctor said I was drinking too much milk. Really, so we cut down on my milk intake and I stopped always having.
Speaker 2: Phlegm in how much milk were enough? Drinking about three gallons?
Speaker 5: I was drinking enough milk to be on morning radio trying to win the gallon milk challenge.
Speaker 2: You guys know about that? Is that true?
Speaker 5: No one can do it without vomiting. You can't oh that milking In one sitting.
Speaker 1: There was also a woman who tried.
Speaker 6: There was a water drinking challenge on a radio station Sacramento, and the woman died.
Speaker 7: Yes, Oh, I was trying to win the Nintendo Wii. I remember this. It was called like hold your Wii for weed. No, absolutely just died because of it. And the whole thing seems maybe like not worth a Nintendo we Wow.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I wondered two hundred dollars. They still gave the weed to We're family.
Speaker 7: I hope that they got to play we bowling for a few months, maybe not.
Speaker 2: To take their mind off of maw.
Speaker 7: The tennis game is very fun.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: We played the tennis game at Christmas the year like after that came out, me and my cousins. And you know how it does the thing where the we Fitness will tell you like your fitness age, Oh, sure, you'll play a game, and then afterwards it tells you, well, we played wee tennis and then it told me I was sixty two?
Speaker 2: What is that based on?
Speaker 6: It picks up your pulse, yes, your polls and how you move and everything, well.
Speaker 7: Were five thousand years old.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're a pile of dust.
Speaker 1: Good job on tennis, fool.
Speaker 7: Oh one other thing. I'm just realizing that I have to imagine it is unique to Utah. I remember a lot of home smelling like gravy. Oh, I remember going to a lot and I can't I imagine that's because there were a lot of Sunday dinners being made that just eventually stained the house with the smell of gravy.
Speaker 1: Oh you permanent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look at this guy walking in track.
Speaker 2: We're about to watch him get hit.
Speaker 5: I always dropped. We're going to watch, but he's kind of breaksancing. This is performance hard, but he's angry. Oh and now he's well, cup don't know him.
Speaker 2: Is that a canyon? I don't like when people that ill in the brain are young. Oh yeah, what path has happened?
Speaker 1: I know, drugs path?
Speaker 5: Yes, a year ago, I at a job and a beautiful girlfriend. I don't know, I'm making that up. In Utah, it seemed like and this is probably a product of a lot of kids, like families with kids. But we went to visit family friends there, the Lees and their neighbor had they they had trampolines, and trapees, swings and rope swings in their house with in the house with padded like gas like bean bags that you could land on.
Speaker 2: I remember it being a gymnastics Well.
Speaker 7: This is something that I do think that I've learned more recently that like, not every home in America has a trampoline in the back. In Utah, truly every other home it was a trampoline because.
Speaker 2: You got to make your eight kids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's got to be some source of entertainment that several children can be using ones.
Speaker 5: I think that's what I in this place also didn't want their kids to be outside.
Speaker 2: My family did not have one.
Speaker 7: My mom was terrified that we were all going to paralyze ourselves.
Speaker 2: Right, so was my mom.
Speaker 7: It was kind of like the dangerous thing to do to go to a friend's house and jump on the trampoline.
Speaker 6: I know, somebody, this is upsetting, so trigger warning everybody. I know a girl who's a comedian in San Francisco, Liz White, who was really hilarious, so funny. When she was a kid, she jumped on a trampoline, fell, her hair got caught in the springs, oh.
Speaker 1: No, and it ripped her down.
Speaker 6: She survived and it was replaced and fine and everything like that.
Speaker 1: But I remember I think she told me that story.
Speaker 7: Oh, and they sewed it back on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How does she look now?
Speaker 1: Normal?
Speaker 2: Great, beautiful head of hair.
Speaker 1: Yes, you would have never known. Oh you would have never.
Speaker 2: I mean not.
Speaker 5: I know it's too late to say, but her parents should have had that blue padded cover over those springs.
Speaker 6: This is how people learned that lesson in the seventies by having that just scow.
Speaker 5: I think I just had some legs hair plucked off my mom's chain fund exercise tramp.
Speaker 2: And so you get a taste of what could happen.
Speaker 1: What would you like?
Speaker 2: I would like?
Speaker 6: Can I get a double tall one pump mocha and a Venti vanilla latte?
Speaker 2: You're welcome, and I'll have just a n iced coffee with almond milk.
Speaker 1: And a Grande iced coffee with almond milk.
Speaker 2: Just an ice green tea.
Speaker 1: Yep, and unsweetened. Please?
Speaker 2: What about your.
Speaker 1: Hot please?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 6: And then can I also get a Grande green tea?
Speaker 2: Hot? Oh? Karen, can get an.
Speaker 1: Iced sorry Grande green sea iced? Please?
Speaker 2: No sweet, no sweetener please?
Speaker 1: That will be it?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh, hell yeah, fourteen sixty Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's uh, that's These coffees are coming to us courtesy of Sarah and Amy, who I think they were in Boise or Bend.
Speaker 2: I believe this are these are sweet boisy people and brought it to you.
Speaker 5: Yes, so thank you Sarah and Amy. This is too Chris, Karen and Stephen, and this is proof that I'm sharing it with you too.
Speaker 2: They were very.
Speaker 5: Worried that I I've been given a lot of warnings to not award these and to share them with both of you.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 6: No one's ever said that to me, and I think I've actually taken them and said to people, I'm going to use this and not tell anyone you gave it to me.
Speaker 1: They don't say a war.
Speaker 5: They really they went, well, well, I guess we know who's the podcast favorite.
Speaker 6: No, but actually people, it's so exciting because people give us this like when they're like, I have a thing for you that goes along with the show, which is incredible, really cute, But then on top of it, then they go please tell Chris, I say hi, like like new Kids on the Block fans there.
Speaker 7: Me screaming to Jordan I met a lot of people.
Speaker 5: I met Boise was I, you guys have to go do my favorite murder there because Bois is filled with fans of all us and you in there the sweetest people and they lined up and they're polite, and everyone was just said nice things and I liked it a lot.
Speaker 2: It put me in a good mood for at least twenty four hours.
Speaker 7: With those potato chips, just to reach up and get I don't understand what's happening there. Oh yeah, it feels like a weird disponse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it's okay to have a drive through impulse.
Speaker 6: You try to grab them on your drive out and if you can get them, you can get them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like that on Avertsy Circle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a merry god.
Speaker 2: Yeah for robotic horses.
Speaker 7: I mean when I say stuff like that, it's hard not to think that maybe I had a little mini stroke.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's believe Horsey Circle.
Speaker 6: I find that I've been podcasting so much lately, I can't control my brain or mouth anymore.
Speaker 5: It's just non stop, right, And I find that, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I get comfortable enough now.
Speaker 5: I used to get so nervous and I'm like, gotta say good stuff, and now I'll forget that we're podcasting, and I just start thinking of things I need to get at the grocery store.
Speaker 2: And it probably doesn't make for good entertainment. I'm sorry, but people, I mean like to know what you're buying at the grocery store. Milk, eggs, heats it, milk. Let's do lessons on you. I've so much in my throat, so much clearing.
Speaker 5: Oh when I went into this house that was a beautiful gymnastics padded fun room.
Speaker 2: Sure, I was so excited about it. Was like I said, Jesus Christ. And because they kicked me out and I didn't get.
Speaker 5: A play, I just got a taste of it.
Speaker 7: I feel like we've talked about this before. Really, yes, I don't know in what's setting it.
Speaker 1: They have been on our last five years ago.
Speaker 5: I have maybe five Utah stories, and the other ones are about snowboarding.
Speaker 7: But saying that will absolutely get you kicked out of a Utah home. That will Jim my boyfriend, every time we go home to Utah. He is so terrified he's going to say that in front of my family.
Speaker 2: Oh right, yeah, Oh God, follies.
Speaker 7: Like half of his brain is just being used to censor himself from saying anything that could potentially step on any time.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad that when that happened, my dad was I have parents that don't care and allowed to swear like a sailor, and I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I do want to get back to the word b o I s e.
Speaker 7: I'd like everybody to say that right now, because I've recently been told I say it incorrectly.
Speaker 2: Boise, they bois. They want you to go with a hard as boys. You're oh, is that true? Bois? Oh, a lot of guy. This is wonderful, So you're right. I can't believe I'm right.
Speaker 5: Yes, And but Missoula, Montana, which is two says you'd think it would be Missula.
Speaker 7: I'm sure it's Missoula. Like Missoula, that would seem crazy Missula.
Speaker 2: Yeahsilla.
Speaker 7: Missoula is easier and doesn't make you feel as wild.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and there is a bit odd that well.
Speaker 7: But now it's correct, and I'd like everyone to get on the same page.
Speaker 5: And when I'm in Tempe, Arizona, they like go temp Temp. They add an extra eat. That's a letter that isn't even there to be acknowledged.
Speaker 2: But you're stretching it out for no reason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is every city that we go in do live shows in. It's NonStop mispronunciation of cities other cities in the area. Oh sure, And I did one recently when we were in I believe Minneapolis that was so hilariously incorrect. Because I was just reading it, I think it was like, I can't remember. Oh, it was really funny.
Speaker 7: I feel like you get to the Midwest and there are just these words that are impossible to pronounce.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's local stuff.
Speaker 6: It's like it's the way, you know, if you're from the Boston area, you know you're supposed to say woolster, but when you're reading it off the page from Wikipedia that you just slap together three hours before, it looks like Worcester.
Speaker 1: And of course what you end up.
Speaker 2: Saying, it's the same way colonel looks like Colonel.
Speaker 7: These things were created by maniacs.
Speaker 1: Yes, and people who are trying to embarrass us.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's entirely just a trap of embarrassments, oh, set for all of us that are readers. I'm a reader first to speak a second.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget.
Speaker 5: I was already in my thirties the first time I read the word yamaka during an audition, I said your yr mo, Yeah, you're a molky, and they all laughed, thinking that was a creative choice.
Speaker 1: I made play along.
Speaker 5: But then after they laughed, they saw the look on my face and they're like, oh, you poor kid. You you grew up in such a white area that there was no jewel.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, in Missoula, you're not going to look.
Speaker 7: The crazy thing about that word, though, is like you look at it, You're like, there is no way to say this. Yama cut does make sense because the way it's spelled is truly unpronounceable if you're just trying to read it out.
Speaker 2: And that's what I like. Yeah, it looks like.
Speaker 6: I was in an audition one time, and it was for a terrible television show in the nineties that and of course I was there to play the rebellious slash sister. And that's the only parts I ever got. Moore was the man hungry, man eater. It was always that really yes, because it because it was the secret code for fat. So I was there except for at this one. There was all types of ladies all across the board and many many very young beautiful girls, where I was like, why did I get called in on this? And in the scene and I'm sure I've told you the story, Chris, but in the scene, the girl says to her sister, who's the star of the show. And then this rebellious sister goes, I'm going down to the strip club tonight because an a condo man's going to be there.
Speaker 2: Ohoy, and men's strip club, right, A thing that doesn't happened.
Speaker 6: Happened ever happened, but it surely has been at yeah, in bad sitcoms. But so this girl, I'm sitting there watching all these other people, and I'm like every audition I ever had just drained me of my entire life force. Like of course everything about it would would hurt me in every way possible, So I'm just standing. I actually got up from the waiting area and went into the kitchen just so I could be away from all these actresses because it was so painful to me. And one came in and I'm sure she's famous now because she was beautiful. It looked like a model, and she was really nice, and she came in and she goes, can I ask you a stupid question? And I don't even think she said stupid, She's just like, can I ask you a question? I said sure? And she goes, what's a knack?
Speaker 1: And a man?
Speaker 2: Mean? Oh?
Speaker 6: And I said, and a condoman. It's a snake. It's a really huge snake. It's a reference to the man's pen. And she goes, oh my god, thank you so much. And then I was like, should I just leave now? I don't want this fucking part.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna say this line. This is a fucking disgrace.
Speaker 6: This whole thing is a disgrace.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 5: And she's a wealthy, she's a famous person. Now she lives in a glasshouse and looks down upon other people who.
Speaker 2: Can't to Google.
Speaker 6: It was probably Deborah Messing, a young fresh nineties Deborah Messing. I was helping to get to lead her way to.
Speaker 7: Repeat that again, the way you should pronounce.
Speaker 1: It a n acandemic.
Speaker 2: Wow, was there hyphens between each letter?
Speaker 6: No? No, it was just that kind of thing where it's like she was clearly the prom queen from her small town and she was like, I'm fucking going to La and here's the thing That's when I think I first realized I'm a writer before I am an actress. I want to help the people who are going to get the job to do it right, as opposed to sit there and I can't pretend like I think this is good writing or even anything that should be shown to anybody. Most of the time I would read those scripts and be like, this is going to hurt children, this is going this is going to ruin our society. And I was writing. I can't tell you how many times I auditioned for sitcoms about women about talking dogs, and the women owners would fall in love with the dogs.
Speaker 1: I'm not walking kidding. That would happen once a year.
Speaker 5: Yes, how did they make Oh they put pain better in their mouths?
Speaker 2: I always forget how they make dogs talk?
Speaker 5: Richard, When when's the last because it had been a couple of years for me until last night. When's the last time you went to the house party?
Speaker 7: House party? I thought you were going to say strip club notes. You say, who do you think you're talking about? House party? I truly couldn't tell you the last one. I was probably a holiday party, right, I.
Speaker 5: Guess I'm not counting those, Okay, I don't know why, because everyone's on their best behavior and you're dressed up and you bring cookies or you bring cookies. I what was your last house last night? I just ended up at a house with a bunch of people. I didn't know your age.
Speaker 2: No, that's the thing.
Speaker 5: That's the That's what I'm realizing is I'm I've grown old and my brain isn't catching up to the fact that everyone there was the oldest person there was thirty and I'm oh sure sure everyone was smoking weed and drinking, and I had so much fun and.
Speaker 2: I just, oh, you felt in your elements.
Speaker 5: Enjoyed myself and I laughed at a reasonable time, but I enjoyed the human interaction.
Speaker 2: And I'm a bit of a party boy.
Speaker 7: You're just born to party. Nobody doing that till you die.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows that about you.
Speaker 7: That's the only thing that anyone knows about Chris.
Speaker 1: He's a party bo.
Speaker 2: The party I know.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, in the last four weeks, I can visualize myself being at a party and leaving it early enough to be like, oh, I regret leaving the party.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 7: I was actually enjoying myself and just the thing in my brain. That's like, I hate being here, overrided the fact that I was actually enjoying myself and forced me to go home and sit in front of the TV.
Speaker 2: I ignored the initial when I first went there.
Speaker 5: I'm like feeling nervous about interaction with a bunch of strangers. I really didn't know anyone there except my pal Jam that I went with. And then I ignored it, and then it paid off and I felt good about it, and I almost left a couple times, and I made myself stay, and I.
Speaker 2: Oh, good for you. Yeah, I had a great time.
Speaker 7: I need to like wear a little reminder bracelet when I go to a house party that if I'm enjoying myself, that's okay, and I can continue enjoying myself rather than just driving home.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, but I think it's hard the older you get.
Speaker 6: Like when I used to go to house parties in my twenties, I would show up already dron We would come from bars and go to parties, or you come from a different party.
Speaker 2: It was I did.
Speaker 6: Last one of many parties, so the like getting into the pool was much easier. Whereas as an adult, when I go to parties, I'm by myself. I'm sober, yes, and it honestly feels like yet another audition for a part I don't want.
Speaker 7: Being so is at a house party is absolutely excruciating. It unless something really magical happens and you run into like ten people. You know, yes, yes, you're going to feel horrible.
Speaker 5: I was proud of myself for just meeting new people and enjoying the experience. By your right, I'm embarrassed that I didn't realize the reason I've been to a house party is because I'm forty four and it's for twenty year old And I keep thinking about that now and I'm like, why do I I.
Speaker 7: Wondering why you weren't going to any graduation parties?
Speaker 2: Last time you guys swung at a pinata.
Speaker 6: But that makes me think of we have a friend who has a roof party every year famously, and lots of stars go to it.
Speaker 1: It's like a combination of stars.
Speaker 2: Idnomic you're talking about and you.
Speaker 6: I went one year by myself and I was like, why are you doing this whatever? And you were there with Tig and the three of us did a bit for probably half an hour where we pretended different casual ways to jump off the roof mid conversation, Do.
Speaker 1: You remember that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And it was it was the moment where I went, I'm so glad I came to this part because I was. I wanted to leave really bad, and instead I let it simmer and then you and Iron Tig did the best bit of all time.
Speaker 5: Every time I go to a party there I look over that ad it's hoped there is a like mid thigh high guard rail and that's it. And that's the top of a thirteenth story building, an unlucky number of stories, and it's so scary.
Speaker 2: I look over it and just to get the shivers. So it's funny.
Speaker 7: At some point you need to commit to the bit, and that party felt like we might. You'll be the star of that party for the rest of the time the party exists.
Speaker 2: How committed am I to being a comedian?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's time to die if you really are, If you're really committed, you must die.
Speaker 7: This reminds me of the man whose wife fell off the cliff. Did you guys see this yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yes? No, truly insane. Look at we have somebody running.
Speaker 5: Oh Jesus, got your bad belly, boy, bad belly boy added.
Speaker 6: He was up to own.
Speaker 2: What this is? Uh, what happened?
Speaker 7: Oh the cliff wife. Well, my boyfriend he had seen it first. He's like, have you seen this video? This is talking to me about how it's this inspirational and bless Jim's heart. He's very sweet and very emotional. He's like, this guy is telling everyone that to live their life as fully as possible. Because he had seen his wife fall off a cliff, I was like, I have to see this video. This woman is dead. She's falling off the biggest cliff in the world. You've watched the video, and she rolls down a hill. Yes, truly, the least scary thing that could happen to him person. She rolls off a hill onto a beach.
Speaker 2: And and and she's okay at the end.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, she's like scraped up a little bit, but she probably fell what ten feet?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it was a hill and those are scary just in and of themselves.
Speaker 5: Sure was being serious. It wasn't a comedy cliff video.
Speaker 2: No, as far as I could tell him.
Speaker 7: Of course, as I do with everything on the internet, I didn't look at all into the actual thing. I just did a passing glance and made my assumptions and moved telling, Yeah, but it looked like she just fell off a small hill and was fine.
Speaker 6: But it was kind of wasn't the joke about how he was like, I was so upset and this was so difficult for me, And she's the one that fucking took the header off.
Speaker 7: The Yeah, of course he makes it his situation and when it was clearly her, I mean, despite the fact that it was basically nothing, she definitely was the one that got hurt. Yeah, but the hero husband was trying to use it as like this inspirational meme or some yeah, no one should be on the internet.
Speaker 1: We got to shut that shit down.
Speaker 2: We got to go back to our encyclopedia because you know, no, it was funk and wagonal.
Speaker 7: Anyway, I saw something about listing the cast members of SNL as Pokemon, and I thought I was truly ready to drive to whatever where I need, wherever I needed to in the Bay Area to just pull the plug.
Speaker 5: I've I've had it with Pokemon. Last night, I went to something called Night of Destruction at Irwin Dale Speedway, which has something called trailer racing, which ever since I heard of it, someone that lives in my new neighborhood is a mechanic and he needs like a tow truck driver, and I like him.
Speaker 2: We've talked at a bar and he.
Speaker 5: Drives in one of the events there and they there was a there was a Pikachu car in this way, and it's called trailer racing. They're all they're all towing boats or trailers. They put bats like this one in the middle of the road, and and and campers that have beds and clothes and they just smash into them. Is incredible, the funnest thing I've ever watched. It's on my Instagram. I took videos of it. I'm laughing in the background. Nothing has made me laugh harder.
Speaker 6: I mean again, I have to we have to do.
Speaker 5: It was so fun. They also played car soccer. There's a giant soccer ball made of a propane tank that weighs four hundred pounds, and these cars that were actually pretty good at stealing the ball from each other and slamming it into a goal made of highway dividers.
Speaker 2: It was so loud, and the.
Speaker 5: Officials were sheriff cars and they're driving around calling fouls and points. I don't follow soccer, but it's not car Soccer's pretty much the same rules.
Speaker 2: It was so you guys, Oh, Night of Destruction and.
Speaker 5: Windale Speedway was the And I had no idea it would make me laugh so much.
Speaker 2: The carnage.
Speaker 5: The sound of hearing a car smash into another car is jarring and usually a scary thing, but when it's happening repeatedly and you're seeing it from above, it makes you laugh.
Speaker 7: It's just body doesn't know how to react to this sort.
Speaker 2: Of yea, exactly. Yeah, it's like it's like getting the nervous giggles. I don't understand how that doesn't end into fatality every single time.
Speaker 1: Well that's the hope.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you've really gotten your money's work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The trailer racing cars would just stop because their engines would blow up. These are these are These are salvaged vehicles that are being brought to a level of performance that they've never experienced on probably no oil or bet and they so they'll just stop and then cars are supposed to not hit their acquaintance on the road. It's just it was really intense and I couldn't stop laughing.
Speaker 2: And there's a dog, sweet dog.
Speaker 1: I think that's about time. That's been an hour.
Speaker 2: We've been driving for an hour.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 6: Ridgard?
Speaker 1: Do you have anything you want to plug?
Speaker 2: I don't have it. I mean, what do I have to plug? At this point?
Speaker 7: I feel I mean, I'm always happy to plug other things I want to plug. There's this compilation album I've been listening to called said about the Times, Oh seventies music. It feels like it's an alternate dimension of seventies hits. Yes, so beautiful. I want to recommend that the rest of who cares about me or what I'm doing. Everyone's on the internet at this point.
Speaker 5: Yes, if you want to go Google readers work, going to IMDV.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to talk about it right now.
Speaker 1: There's some He's made some great sketches, great videos.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I want to recommend?
Speaker 7: But I'm going to promote that is not currently on the internet, but in the future. Yes, my friend Langan and I have made a short film called A Night at the Horse Symphony.
Speaker 2: It has taken a thousand years to make.
Speaker 7: When it's done, I want people to watch this video.
Speaker 2: Yes, did you say horror or horse? A Night at the Horse Symphony?
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 7: It's so I can't believe it's nearly done, has taken so long. So when it does come out, I please people watch it. It's going to be such an alienating film. We made it entirely for ourselves, so people will probably hate it. Okay, I'm going to do some self promotion here, but I also want to say sad about the times.
Speaker 2: Get that.
Speaker 7: It's made by this guy named Mikey Young. He's an Australian. He's in a bunch of wonderful bands and he has excellent taste.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I have to listen to that. Oh you'll love it. That sounds like it's in my alley too.
Speaker 7: And what about that title for a complimlation album?
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, so accurate.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for being arguing. Today was a goddamn.
Speaker 2: Delight, Always a delight. Always good to see you caring.
Speaker 1: Good to see you too, Chris, you've.
Speaker 2: Been listening to Do you need a ride in?
Speaker 1: They?
Speaker 2: Are?
Speaker 1: Are you leaving? I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 3: Either way, we want to be there. Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim. You give us time and date, termino and gay, we.
Speaker 4: Want to send you off InStyle. We wanna welcome you back home. Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her?
Speaker 6: Was it fine, Malborn?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you mean.
Speaker 2: With Karen and Cress m h