Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor set De Montree More and New He scrugs.
Speaker 3: It is time for the players laudes. Welcome here. I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Three former NFL players speaking of over there more we got buried Church, what you getting to come back.
Speaker 5: Past? Rush is looking at Jim debut, so hopefully he do.
Speaker 3: What he played, receiver or defensive he's playing.
Speaker 5: But you're ready for not hitting them with the Lee Collins treatment, say just in case they do.
Speaker 3: At the LC.
Speaker 5: What he said, I came through New Exit today.
Speaker 4: I can't get ready, ready to go.
Speaker 3: Hell didn't know they didn't get a great can get a call, didn't get the call. But to j V and Clowney should be making his debut for the Cat. They need all hands on deck for sure, They've got to so uh he'll play. And then becomes the issue of you do they put somebody on ir right now? I saw I saw Tyler Booker. They leave the locker room on a scooter scoot with a boot on scooter boot.
Speaker 4: That's never a good thing.
Speaker 3: We got the scooter roller, man.
Speaker 5: Boy. That's that's how you know when you if you playing or not. That week, when you hear a high ankle spring, you walk in there, you say, he's still walking on it. He might hit He got that boot on right afterwards in the skateboard.
Speaker 4: No pressure, you put, no pressure, said.
Speaker 5: I got at least by two or three.
Speaker 3: He was on the scooter walking with somebody, and I was like, it's over with, Like this is man.
Speaker 4: I'm still holding faith. Baby.
Speaker 3: That's for he's gonna full ceed. Land was here Monday, able the same thing you got.
Speaker 5: The school was over there.
Speaker 2: Having ankle springs ain't nothing to play with.
Speaker 3: Boy. Nah.
Speaker 2: You know once the tendons and ligaments get damaged, you know.
Speaker 3: Explain that for the listeners who don't get People say high ankle sprain. A lot of people never had it, and you're talking about playing at a professional level.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so high ankle sprain is not like you're a regular running the mill, roll your ankle when you like stumble over something at the house. No, highdle sprain is almost like breaking something. But at the time, yeah, you're damaging ligaments and tendons. And depending on how boy those ligaments and tendons are, damage is gonna be whether you got grade one, grade two, grade three. And it's also gonna let you know how long you're gonna be out, because of course bones tend to heal a little bit faster sometimes than the ligaments and the tendons do. So that's that's that's what the high ankle sprain is based off.
Speaker 5: Thing you gotta throw in there. The X factor is when you start getting like these these numbing medications and stuff like that, the team needs you to come back if you're desperate, if you're a guy that's like a George Picking that's in your contract year, Like those guys, we seen them rush back and be like, hey numb, he know, give me a quarter on shot, give me something to where I can go out there and not feel this pain, and you do more damage to that ligament in the long run. So with this is like do you rush them back too early? Like do you keep them out like an extra week?
Speaker 6: Like hey man, when I was playing the Raiders, told me one year that I had a high ankle sprain and I was in the boot throughout the course of the week, didn't practice, played on Sundays, and this happened, say like in November, right, we go to the championship game that year against the Ravens. I think that's when the old boy flopped on gaining.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: So I'm back home. You know, it's like March at the crib. Legs still on fire. Right, So I'm like, man, something ain't right.
Speaker 2: This can't be.
Speaker 6: So I called them up and like, I want to go see somebody else and get second opinion. So they was like, all right, let me know who you know, choose from everything. I say that, I go get a bone skin.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Come to find out my high ankle spring that they was telling me was actually a stress fracture. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, Now, I played on that stress fracture from from like like I said that October all the way through the championship game months right, So you understand when I'm sitting at home in April, my leg is still on fire. Go get this bone skin, dude, Like you know what's about to happen. He's like your bone was about to pop out your.
Speaker 2: Leg eventually you caught this when we caught it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So he was getting them shots in the ankle.
Speaker 6: I was toward all shot okay, I was getting to it. All shots is getting quarters on. And then I was going to acupuncture twice a week, you know, like in the bay you can fire some good acupunct This old lady that was hooking me up and like literally like it was. It was sustaining me and allowed me to be able to play on that broken leg that I thought was a high ankle spring for so long.
Speaker 7: And it ain't really like straight line after a while, straight line. Oh he's running straight, He's good.
Speaker 3: He can rush.
Speaker 7: It's that cutting, that lateral movement, that putting your foot in the ground and making the dynamic cut.
Speaker 4: That's when that thinks.
Speaker 5: Man, Oh yeah, I'm good at what they're gonna do is before like if you're a guy like so for me, I used to always love pushing it through injuries. Oh yeah I got this, and coaches in them and they would know that I would go through like faking me and like you said, you get a little ankle spray going straight ahead, Oh yeah, I got this, and you got a little a little ginger gimp and then he's like, you know what, I like the way you did that. That was fast break to the left, real quick.
Speaker 4: A whole different.
Speaker 3: So this is very interesting. Tyler Book of the Rookie Starting Guard out. Uh gonna miss time with the hind spring and so is ceed Lamb. So door set. When you go through this and they basically misdiagnosed you, what's your repercussion at all? Anything Workman's camp later on, and now that you're retired, do you have any residual Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, like if you touched it, if you touch that part of my leg right now, you can still feel a little hump in there. It's days were like literally like it's like a nagging pain and stuff like that. But you know, for the most part, I'm thankful and I'm grateful that like me listening to my body when I was still at home and then just ignore it and I actually went and saw somebody else, so you could have got it straight.
Speaker 5: But that's that's one thing that I feel like we don't do a good job as players. Like if you've been I've been around some good vets justin Tugg. You know, guys like Olivier Vernon, like these guys Dfourd. They talked about, oh man, I can't wait till I get my benefits and this and that. But if you what they said, if you know better, you do better. A lot of people don't realize that they have these benefits. And on top of that, you're in a player's mentality that when you're retired, you don't really officially retire into a two year's post game because you got that one year where you're like, hey, I can still get it, I can still go through the mud and this and that, and then after that next year it's like you dealing with whatever feelings you're dealing with being off the field to where it's not until three or four years down the line you're saying, oh man, this injury that I had, it starts to hurt. And then like you then mist your window opportunity to go get your line of duty or go file for workers come to not even get paid, but just to get your injuries covered. Like you got guys all the time that's talking about I need a hip or knee replacement, and because you didn't go back and just check on your what they say, read the frime friend with no so like guys like you and myself were getting tooken care of.
Speaker 6: Hey, but my dudes who played like my dad, they had no benefits.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy today. No, what's crazy today is that the players is they keep going dealing with these owners. Could go help them. Okay, they could go back there and help a whole lot of people, but they won't. So when this eighteenth game comes to the table in the next CBA, the for Ransom, you could sit up here and say, hey, what about the other guys who helped do this?
Speaker 2: But it's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 4: They rather be able to hit herbs.
Speaker 3: But that's that's what the crazy.
Speaker 7: But you'd rather be able to vote that you don't get tested and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: I mean, they got to give up like that every year because before they was testing for the herbs, they wasn't testing for HGH, and so it was something it was it was it was a you know what, giving on that one.
Speaker 5: Doing the negotiation. And that's like us as former players, I feel like we got to do a better job at coming back and just staying in BALLD because it's not us that's going to be negotiating. It's gonna be the young guys. Michael Parkson's these younger guys that are coming up in the league. Uh, what's the kid out in Tampa that's becoming the big star them? Like, those are the players right there that you have to sit there. Those players are going to keep us in mind if you were a great og, if you told them about the finis, if you took care of hey man, when y'all come up for negotiation, like, we're all included in this. And some guys are bitter or feel some type of way where it's like, when I'm out the league, I'm not going. For example, Sat Frans taking me out to the super Bowl, the former Super Bowl twenty twenty this past weekend. One of I had three guys tell me why are you going back to a reunion that y'all ben't win the super Bowl? And I'm like, one, you can network too. Some of y'all never gonna sniff this, And it's like you're so bitter that you can't come back and talk to players to say, hey, how can we help and go back Like now, he said, it's up to us to go do it. And if I'm a young player, that's negotiating and I don't even know you, will have no like type of relationship with you. Why am I fighting for you? I'm fighting for myself.
Speaker 2: You know what every young player has to realize.
Speaker 6: And it was and and this is one of the things that and Gene Upshaw rest in peace, Gene.
Speaker 2: He came in the locker room and he said it one day.
Speaker 6: He was like, Yeah, every young player gonna be an old player, like when you can't hear it when you're young because you so you know what I mean. But like, and that's what everybody has to recognize.
Speaker 3: So you guys all play. This is just just me being an outside guy watching different sports go through their own collective bargain green Man, Why don't football players embed themselves with these baseball guys because they keep getting it right with these crazy pensions. Man, these guys are taken care of like no other. And understand there's more football players, but until football players are willing to miss some checks and withhold services, you're going to get nothing. And at the same time, too, hey, this guy played and did this, so you're sitting here getting it today. You owe him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And it's the people that that can actually move the needle. And I'm talking about the quarterbacks, the guys that are the highest paid, of the highest paid, they're the ones that are going to have to make, you know, these decisions and reach out and say, hey, we gotta fight against this.
Speaker 4: But when you look at it, those type of guys, they're making so.
Speaker 3: Much bread, they're set. But it's the other nine but the rosters that aren't getting these crazy checks that are like, hey, I need this. But the highest paid guys like, huh.
Speaker 6: So, I think I'm it's part of it though, like so like right now, they are automatically understanding that, like, your quality of life later on is going to be so bad, you know what I mean, And they just breaking people off because they know the portion of that much that you're gonna be using for your health and wellness later.
Speaker 3: On, it's gonna be a lot of that's going to be absorbed.
Speaker 6: But one of the crazy things about it is that Goodell and his whole family have lifetime insurance.
Speaker 3: That's what's wild, and it's not.
Speaker 5: It's not whyd how is it not?
Speaker 3: The reason is not wild because this man is sitting here going to the very owners he works for, and he's I'm riching you and giving you, guys what you want. This is what I want from me. The man is smartough to go and negotiate for yourself. The players refuse to work for each other.
Speaker 5: And with each other. You answered your own question, like he can go negotiate that for himself. He's doing that amongst hisself. It's easier to negotiate and bargain with one or the fewer versus the many. Meaning when you go to baseball, it's not as many players. A lot of those guys are getting tooken well care of. Most of those guys on that team are getting taken care of.
Speaker 3: So good, but they miss checked and do you guys don't do it?
Speaker 5: We want, but we won't do it because you have very few guys that have the really big million dollar checks. But you got a guy that just came in from college or something feeding the family that doesn't want.
Speaker 6: To it is that's right, because our game could be you're not gonna walk out on the baseball field, and nine times out of ten, the likelihood if you.
Speaker 2: Sustaining a career ending ending injury right then.
Speaker 6: But so so that's where like a lot of that plays into that too.
Speaker 2: As well, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So like when when you look at the guarantees between the between the two of them, like you can't say that it's more important for a baseball player to have benefits because just like I said, like that game is so far less dangerous.
Speaker 3: But your your first six years though you're not getting paid the big money. You got to put in six years before you get paid. But what I'm saying is that as a group, as a collective bargaining group, they all got together. They miss checks. They even had the higher paid dudes. Hey what is it you need? Get your set straight, and you got And I'm not trying to pick on you as NFL guys. Dudes are not willing to miss checks and guys at the bottom are sitting here saying, hey man, I gotta get back. We don't get and you don't care. At some point time in baseball, you know what they intimidated me. Let you not vote this ye were coming. We're throwing that. You know we're gonna get you off. Teams, they gonna get you off when dudes crossed. When dudes cross, the picking lit bro it was rough top of trouble, but not here if football man, it's guys don't want guys.
Speaker 5: They don't. But I will say I could see I could see it being more. It's a lot closer now versus when you were playing, and you were playing, I feel like guys are a lot more less selfish. You're you're getting guys that's coming from the nil era that are actually taking care of their teammates and giving up versus where when we were doing it. I just wish an old head would have said, hey, young bull, I got you whatever you need. We're gonna hold this out for the long run. If they would have did that, hell yeah, I would have came full floods running, like everybody would have came. But they're like I said, I've been in the locker room where guys are like, man, if I hold out, would you hold out and I'll take care of you? And they say yeah. But I've been a part of the locker rooms where the big vets were like, boy, I got three kids at the house and one on the way this I'm.
Speaker 4: Trying to he was in a lockout year?
Speaker 8: Was that eleven? Yeah, you know how many vets was like, hey, let's stick together.
Speaker 4: No, we got this. We'm gonna take you, man, wasn't the.
Speaker 3: Soul out there?
Speaker 4: Check in a soul out and look that's howd on that lockout last year.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just And who will do is they give you on't give you a little bit? Hey, y'all don't want to get tested for this, this and this. Okay, here you go, Y'all'm not gonna like so we'll take you, but we're gonna take all this back end money that we normally give y'all when y'all retire. Where it's so harder now for people to get line of duty.
Speaker 4: Like this is a this is a they make line du explain line of duty.
Speaker 6: I know somebody got their line of duty taking away that in this bill.
Speaker 5: Cruity is a benefit that you earned just you have workers come like after a certain it's a point skill after you didn't play football for so long. You can get it either for being physically unable to perform or mentally at a certain level to where you can't function in society, and they pay you x amount of money over.
Speaker 4: For the rest of your life, the lifetime.
Speaker 5: And that's if you get the lifetime on if you don't get it, they have they have tmp that only lasts for seven years. You earn these benefits after you play for three point five years. But they're also once you get this benefit, there's certain uh, there's certain barriers in the way. You can't make a certain amount of money. You can't be doing this. That's the lifetime that if you have a lifetime benefit, can't be out or all that they want They want all of it back, and they just make it so difficult. And mind you, this is this is the game that you played.
Speaker 3: That's it's good. Okay, So some point now now people have a little bit.
Speaker 4: Of under benefits went like that.
Speaker 8: They was like, because I had had so many surgeries so I didn't even have to go get like a doctor or nothing.
Speaker 4: That they were just like, oh, yeah, you got the point. Here take it. And I was like, all right, bet no, that's not like I was able to get it real quick.
Speaker 3: Are there any restrictions you have?
Speaker 8: No, No, I didn't get the lifetime So I got minds last over eight years, and I get X amount of months from the NFL for the next eight years just because my surgeries added up to let's just call it twelve points. It's a twelve point scale, and mine's added all the way up to there.
Speaker 3: So I didn't.
Speaker 8: And if you don't, sometimes you got to go to another doctor and say, oh, well this was wrong with him and that was wrong with us. So you got to kind of manufacture your way to get up to those points. But for me, I mean I had you know, arms, legs back.
Speaker 3: Does that apply to your father at all? Who's the Hall of Fame Tony Dorsett?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? They didn't have?
Speaker 3: And so those benefits that like some of the church has not available to him at all, right, And when they've come up with a new collective barter ge, they haven't decided to try to get them in there.
Speaker 6: So so the whole situation with my dad and CTE and the League basically not saying that they want to accept responsibility for it, but actually participating in the responsibility of financially taking care of certain people for it. So my dad is actually part of one of these people that's involved in this one program that the League is set up, and so literally he actually does get some type of benefit, but it's not the same as like like like what we're talking about now, you know what I mean? And unfortunately for him, well fortunately for him was he was creative with some annuities things that he set up years ago, you know what I mean. But then at the same time, you know, like thank god that as he went through the process before he was diagnosed with CT did he didn't hurt himself and do anything to himself. So you know, And the thing about the league is this, you know, like at points, with points and times with whether it be TMP or whatever the case may be. You know it is they make it so tough and so hard they used to for you to actually call it a benefit, you know what I mean, it's not a benefit anymore. Like at the point where like people are not functionally right, they can't walk, they can't think, you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: So did he have to go through the full body scan because they do offer the benefit now to where they pay for you to go out.
Speaker 2: To you know, since twenty around twenty thirteen, twenty four.
Speaker 6: So he was part of the first He's one of the first people who didn't kill themselves. This is around the time with Junior se alum Water is all these dudes is taking their lives, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So, and that's what's that's what's so mind boggling and puzzling to me, is like they're one of the guys that are strong enough to say, hey, I have I'm suffering mentally, like just going through everything that they're going through, and for them to be another statistic or number you go down there, Hey, we're gonna give you a full body scan, figure out exactly what's wrong with you. Oh, we're gonna pay for you just to be healthy. But it's like, you gave so much to the game and you're giving You're still giving to the game. He's still giving to the game by donating his brain, donating that data to help the younger guys. And this is why it's so such important for the younger guys to look out for the older guy.
Speaker 3: You gotta get a break in here riveting in terms of just finding out more things. This helps people who watch football have a better understanding of what actually goes on here. So hopefully next Clark collective Bargain agreement, they do think more about the older players. Kenny Clark spoke to the media yesterday and I was kind of surprised a little bit what he said about facing Green Bay and the sweet situation.
Speaker 4: Some friends get.
Speaker 3: The interesting sweet situation for Kenny Clark and Michael Parsons.
Speaker 5: Dive into.
Speaker 3: The fight you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com. Hey their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Mpling problem.
Speaker 9: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over. It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 3: The Jack Black Playmaker.
Speaker 9: Is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eight Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is I think this NFL season that's Crownrooyal dot com.
Speaker 3: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 11: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 1: To the players.
Speaker 3: Loud plays lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. Got Anthony Dorsett, got Trey Moore, got Bury Church. I'm new, he scrugs, all right, So like that, let's let's dive into situation again. Because Church mentioned about thirty thousand dollars food and beverage. So Kenny Clark spoke, yes, how many tickets you got to get? I got a box?
Speaker 5: Okay, big money Clark just for the game, got.
Speaker 3: A box, got a box, and apparently Michael Parsons before the season bought a box.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's a business now, well.
Speaker 3: They let him know. There's no refund.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Michael, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: Michael Parsons has a box for every game.
Speaker 4: Sell them off, boats, sell them off.
Speaker 3: He got to give him up so you can make some money. Thought about, you know, trying to talk to Michaeh, but you know, didn't work out that way. So Michael's got his box here, and so Kenny got a different box but didn't work out. So he't want to say, well, I mean I would I would imagine Michael's using it this week.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't want them mixing up in there.
Speaker 4: Either you can have his bo you got to buy for the rest of the season.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying, I gotta get.
Speaker 3: But you know, will he have it for the Commander's game on the nineteen, I don't know. I don't know. Get them things off you.
Speaker 5: That's the only that's the only way he can get his money back and make up for it. He could he could make some bread, especially like you said, it's there's so many fortune five hundred coming.
Speaker 2: Talk about Michael like some bread easily making the killing man.
Speaker 4: Come on, I mean, yeah, I'm just you know, talking about loan some bread.
Speaker 5: Bread.
Speaker 6: You better listen to a big So he sold them things on his podcast and everywhere, like you.
Speaker 3: Got you got. There's six games after this, six games from Michael left put no refunds.
Speaker 5: Is trying to contract you sorry, I mean you got a thirty day return policy.
Speaker 2: Can't have So that's no refund for anybody though, huh.
Speaker 12: Not just him, That's that's like anybody, everybody, everybody, everybody, he said, fine, friend is there.
Speaker 3: Man will be okay, especially in football because every year we go see at least six teams to make the playoffs. Last year, make it so that means six teams have made it gonna be on, so no no refund. Maybe you know you're here, you here your life. Then now man, right right, you buy your you buy your own peril. But that's also when you may want to decide, Okay, hey I want to buy a suite, I want to get with your company. I'll take these games. But now, I mean, that's that's how you do it if you buy it, when you buy season tickets. One year I bought, I bought Arranger season ticket. I just bought one ticket, one seat, and then I got with the person who bought there next to me, and we just sat down one day and we just divided up the games. So that way, you know, it was eighty one days I have, I have forty. They had for there were certain games they wanted, okay, when you want to Then we tried to figure out weekends and the different times and also just the ability to try to sell them to you know, like okay, hey the Yankees coming to town. How many times they're coming here? Because that's a good see. So if you got Yankees, and then I need you took two Yankees and I would take two Red Sox. I mean just how do you make it? How do you make it? But if you're buying a sweet like this and you're paying that kind of money, and depending on what kind of company you have, yeah, you're gonna go, hey man, I'll take these games and you come on over here and you get it and you try to make a little bit of money off these things. A little bit. Now you can't sell them make a killing. But so if you're Michael Parsons, I would I would hope his podcast.
Speaker 5: On this exactly what I'm going straight.
Speaker 6: And it's celebrity alone. It's gonna keep that thing filled up every week. It don't matter who the cowboys playing, they're gonna be like, you want to go to Michael Parsons Sweet five?
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody gonna buy, gonna get what's up about? So at this point it's not even about the money thing. It's about the network. They say, your network is your network? Like Mike could have made so much money to where he over there, you don't think he, Hey, I got this ticket for you a CEO some company to where next thing, you know, I get a deal with you and I'm the spokesman or private or angel investor.
Speaker 3: Said you say that man, see if he deal with a CEO or see, you gonna have some moneyself.
Speaker 5: He's gonna have it to sell. But it's like you give your friends nice give you know, nice things come back and return.
Speaker 3: You go check that sideline out on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Man exactly, That's what I'm saying. It's easy for him to be. It's gonna be some people, There's gonna be some stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Always, powboy, everybody want to be a jail always, it's gonna be packed.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be packed. Even though the Cowboys are underdogs by touchdown here, it'll be there. So by the way Kenny Clark said, has no hard feelings, no revenge on his mind. I'm here to go play football, here to win the game.
Speaker 5: I'm so tired of this, bro, Why why I want to I want to see some I get the football for the aggression. Like he's saying the same thing, Michael in the same thing. Who's mad, ain't mad? Who's mad? What we're gonna buy bad rapper? Like bro, like I get we gotta say. You don't want to give them bulletin board. But it's like brou you get a little extra juice when you go see that team. You think that, so Barry you left the Cowboys play against them at the car? Did you not have that circle on your.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: I ain't telling nobody.
Speaker 5: I mean exactly, you don't tell nobody. But in a safe place now where people can say wherever they want to, I want to see it, like I want to see them.
Speaker 3: Sometimes people be ready to make that move, man, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 2: And and and like some people can honestly.
Speaker 6: Take their feelings out the game and just play, just just play straight football and turn it into the business that it is. And so when you have cats like that, like literally like it ain't no skin off their back. They just gonna go out and play with whoever they for, whoever they playing for.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that you're mad, because, like I said, I've been on nine teams. I wasn't mad at the people. I actually loved all the people that was there. It was more so like, hey, like y'all let me go, so let me show y'all how good I am. I still got in the tank to say, boy, y'all crazy, like I'm the best thing since bread. And He's say and That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He said. Before the game, He's like, I'm not looking to hug anybody, but if I do, that's fine. Afterward, that's fine. But he's like, you know, I'm.
Speaker 5: Not well, I like I like that part. That's different saying that's saying he's there strictly for football, for it, but for like the whole Michael thing. Like to sit here and say, oh, there's no bad blood, Like we know you wanted a tribute video. You you wanted to get paid here, so you obviously feel some type of way like you saying he don't have to he don't have to come out of states. I said, I said, I would like for him to say.
Speaker 3: It's you, you out there with your feelings.
Speaker 5: No, I ain't af there with my feelings. I'm just saying you did call it what you want, potatoes rose beef.
Speaker 3: All I saw was that man when he heard the news. He got traded her and got that contract, running around his plate, run around here he was, you know, and he got the bread.
Speaker 5: We got it. It worked up for everybody.
Speaker 3: He'll dole out tides, you know, go be what it is on Sunday, you know, pull t J. Bass and Brock Coffin gonna catch it and guiden, I mean.
Speaker 5: You know that. I mean say, but if the Cowboys come out here and destroy them and like hold up them.
Speaker 3: What I'm gonna be juice? I mean, I know, we know you just hear you say he did.
Speaker 5: I said if if.
Speaker 2: The king, if the queens were they might call her the king.
Speaker 5: But I just said it was a strong possible. Didn't say it was a week possible. But somebody might have a possible and any given Sunday it is anything. Can what he said. I just like to play Devil's advocate, and I don't can happen. I got the Packers winning if we're being be honest. But if it happens and it's a closer game than what you think it is, don't be surprised. Now.
Speaker 3: You know why EB saying that last week? Times best not to say that play.
Speaker 5: Let him play out now. The last few times that I told y'all was gonna be close, it was close, was it not?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You called you called it comm you did.
Speaker 5: That's up. That's all. So it wasn't too far fit.
Speaker 3: You know, we just here, But you be all over the board with you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean what you call close.
Speaker 5: Back in the day, I'm there, love it. Who those games weren't way closer than what they were.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying what I'm trying to understand. What you're close is.
Speaker 5: Man, if it comes down to the last three minutes of the game, that is close. If it is a one score game.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be close to Sunday.
Speaker 13: Okay, get I mean what he said, I can't do no more dangerous pick I gotta you gotta start.
Speaker 5: I fought back this week. I fall back. Hopefully I'm still not.
Speaker 3: Say understand your depths here of what you what you're saying.
Speaker 5: We be trying to get somebody just because like I just throw it out there. I didn't say, oh, this is what I believe. I didn't say the Cowboy gonna win. I just said, if the Cowboys win, and if this old line that is a makeshift old line right now hold up against Michael parksons them guys.
Speaker 3: But you're saying so you're saying something and I'm literally trying to Okay, you just said this, Did I exactly hear you what you said? Okay, don't be like Adele. Just because I said it, don't mean I've heard.
Speaker 14: It on what you're saying, What do you mean anybody can be any given Sunday?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is like if.
Speaker 5: This is the week I put it like he's standing on business. I'm putting a point out there. Did we not sit here and say, I'm not you're not gonna get me to take the bait for that. I'm not talking like that. We're not what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I don't even got to be saying.
Speaker 3: I don't even if.
Speaker 5: You don't need you want to know why I gotta be said because we said this last week that it didn't have to be said about the Bears, And what did the Bears do? They came out there They looked BT eight to somebody. So with that being said, it is something that got to be said.
Speaker 6: Okay, if every week of game could be close or it could be blown out, if every it doesn't matter, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Okay, sure you want me to say it. I think Green Day is gonna blow Cowboys out. That's what you want me to say. No, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: What I think is gonna ask that's what Yeah, that's what pretty much everybody gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I believe that. Interesting man, y'all not get beat checked. Hey, let's get your predictions matter of fact back there. What's the standards? You?
Speaker 3: You the one I tell you? Sensitive man?
Speaker 5: Not sensitive man either. Ahead, it is gonna be baby throwing in the air, people screaming, Oh my god, the noops, he with the noose.
Speaker 3: They lies?
Speaker 15: We do?
Speaker 5: What do you say? I'm pretty on my left, I'm pretty.
Speaker 2: Want to do the shimmy.
Speaker 16: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 4: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 16: Overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge.
Speaker 4: Smoothie King has the fuel to.
Speaker 16: Help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only a Smoothie KT.
Speaker 9: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem.
Speaker 9: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 15: It's game day and raising kames. If you want to order like a child, it's action off the field.
Speaker 4: You need to focus on.
Speaker 15: The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online.
Speaker 4: Are on our app.
Speaker 15: This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 17: Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here forming Cowboys safety Davis. Whif you know what separates Hamptons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment the blockchain dot com That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking the bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's Blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 1: To the Players Loud.
Speaker 3: Celebrate Octoberfest at Riley Day presented by seat Geek on Saturday, September twenty seventh from ten am to five pm. That's this Saturday, folks. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium, plus enjoy festive games, German inspired food, beer and the Cowboys Stein and visit at and T Stadium dot Com Slash Rally Days for tickets and more. In four May, Shun You're in the Players About you by Aristocrat Gaming Dallas Cowboys dot Com. All right, here's your troubling statistic as you go into this game for the Cowboys turnover margin, they are negative five, tied for thirty first in the league. Brouh, You're not winning games when you're in the worst teams in terms of giving the ball in the league. Defense.
Speaker 5: Come on, you know it's all about turnovers, man, the battle and not running to the ball.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about takeaways. I'm talking about turning the ball over turnover right now, when it comes to defensive takeaways, uh, defensive takeaways are they got one tie for twenty seventh in the league. Meanwhile Green Bay Green Bays defense has two tie for twenty first. But when it comes to terms of you giving the football away and the turnover value are negative five, you're just not winning games like that. You just aren't. And as we saw against Chicago, we saw against Philly, you know you're giving the ball over. The Philly game was dictated off one turnover. Man, that one turnover cost you the football game in terms of the ability to really get something done. And then of course what we saw this past Sunday, two exceptions by dak Well one on one really his faults pickts tipped it up. But two exceptions by dak Joe Milton gave one away and then Javonte running here for a big game and get gets stripped like be Mo, curl like you little, I'll take take that. Take that? Do you walk him down? Did he walk him down?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Man?
Speaker 6: These runner backs keep you. They can't they can't, they can't, they can't take your house, take the walk down.
Speaker 3: Can't kick you can't do that. It's bad. It's bad. It's all bad.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: But right there, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: The football game is dictate this. You guys have all played, kay Anthony George said Tree More Barry Church. You guys all played in the league. You are this is this team's not good enough to lose the turnover back.
Speaker 5: And you don't have your eraser. And Michael Parson and I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but it's like we always said, when you have that, when you have an eraser, a lot of those cracks get covered up. And now that that eraser is not here, this crack is not being covered up. Every week you go in there, you got your objective special team offense and defense. That one major objective that don't change whatever building you is for all thirty two teams is winning the turnover margin. Can we get this guy? If we can do this, like we will say that the likelihood and the chances of us winning, we did our part. That's the whole thing with that's one commercial. I'm doing my part. I'm doing my part. I didn't do nothing with negative five. You over here saying that you didn't do it. And right now I know ibra Flus is harping on that because your turnovers you might not play the game technical wise, this and that. But when in that turnover margin can change the whole perspective boarding game.
Speaker 3: She George said, just to go run over these statistical numbers. For the defensive points per game, they give up thirty point seven, that's twenty eighth in the league.
Speaker 5: I was just about to say.
Speaker 3: Net yards per game they give up three hundred and ninety eight, that's thirtieth in the league. Rushing they're not that bad. They give it one hundred and eight one and seventeenth league seventeen. Seventeenth. Passing yards is where they really are trouble. Two hundred and eighty eight passing yards thirty first in the league. Next to interceptions, they got the Diet Coke one one calorie one interception time for seventeenth. Fumble recoveries zero really zero, Yes, stripping.
Speaker 5: A turnover drills will be a month Man Thursday Andrill.
Speaker 3: When it comes to takeaways, one of the Die Coke one takeaway tie for twenty seventh in the league. When it comes to sacks, Church take a guess how many sacks man three four oh three game twenty eighth in the National They and didn't have one last week because Kayleb Williams.
Speaker 5: That one gave him the first game of his career without being touched.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm mad at the third down percentage. Okay, for the games one.
Speaker 5: On thirty, it's the thirtieth or twenty ninth in the league.
Speaker 2: I bet I'm gonna say around like the sixty seven percent range.
Speaker 3: So okay, what do we think that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say they at least sixty seven percent?
Speaker 3: Thirty two teams, what do you think they had?
Speaker 5: I got there, thirty I call it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say twenty ninth.
Speaker 3: She got, I got thirty, she got twenty seven. They last thirty two fifty three point seven percent on third Now, god fuck, Like when you hear that, that's college football. That's like, hey man, we the HBCU going to go we we we Florida and then we gotta play Florida State this week. That's that's that third down percentage. Like that, you got no shot. It ain't made for you. This is a pro football team, man, dead last red zone percentage you getting, You're in the red zone against the Cowboy defense. You got to the Cowboys fifty four point six percent.
Speaker 5: They hire up because its bombs over bag. Then it ain't like they're going down there and setting.
Speaker 3: Up in the rids on so they gonna be they're not gonna take that. You're not gonna lose a fumble recovery against them, They're not gonna get they interceptions against you.
Speaker 5: Third down.
Speaker 3: You just converting like a mug. And then you get to throw on them all day long and score thirty one points a game.
Speaker 8: And it's heartburaging, you know. For it's gotta be hearburging for the coach stand when you look at this, because all these things are self inflicting if you look at it.
Speaker 7: But George Pickens interception bounces right off his hands, Javonte running down the silence off of a big time game, somebody behind it just tasting out.
Speaker 3: My boy Mile Sanders gets it taken away from him.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just like, man, these blown coverages.
Speaker 2: It's just but that's you know what you know, and and here we go either you coaching it or you're letting it out.
Speaker 6: It come on, man, I mean, we already know, just like what we talked about ball security number one for offense. But then at the same time, every play on defense, rips, strips, go for it, develop good habits, and we ain't seeing none of that, you know what I mean? No seriously and understanding that a Johnny's first year reflesh Refluce's first year back here. It's so many little things in situational football that gotta get communicated and gotta get taught.
Speaker 2: But when you can't figure out how to play the average.
Speaker 5: Have you been out the practice at all?
Speaker 16: Do chair?
Speaker 5: You got it?
Speaker 3: They only let you watch.
Speaker 5: Turnos happened within the first twenty minutes of practice.
Speaker 3: Well, they don't let you watch with so much and it's kind of bland, and they kick the media off and that's probably when they go and get the really news. By the way, Cowboy Nation, the twenty twenty five Cowboys schedule is officially here. Limited tickets are available now. Get ready to bring the noise as you watch the Cowboys play live at at and T Stadium when they host NFC East rivals, Eagles, Giants, Commanders, plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings, and Cardinals. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot Com, slash tickets for or go to see geek dot Com, the official ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, their primary ticketing partner. There there, they're out there now. I'm watching Mingo. By the way, some Mingo's over there back working over there with Will Broyer. So we'll see he comes to see. I mean, I bring I bring up Mingo because lambs out right. I mean, so there's there's next man up. This this the cavalry that is coming. And you say you do that, but okay, it's what it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, right, it is what it is, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, who you're gonna who are you gonna move to? I R for him.
Speaker 3: That's what you got.
Speaker 5: You got, you got Mingo coming back, You got clowny that you're bringing in for help.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, looking at Booker yesterday, it looks like he's gonna be hearing no time. So that brother was on that scooter looking like he was sixty this oh book Lord, oh lord, he ain't coming back next week.
Speaker 5: Hurting.
Speaker 3: So you're seeing him in CD man. Nobody about his rolling on his scooters.
Speaker 5: In the wont come out.
Speaker 4: Right this scooter man?
Speaker 3: All right, that's the show. Door set more Church. I'm Scruggs from Chris being everybody here, Dallas Cowboys dot Com. This has been the player.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club