Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: In this Tuesday, we'll talk NFL Draft and the Shador Sanders story that seems to be growing bad news for the Dallas Mavericks. More bad news, I should say, sham Sharania the Mothership. Kyrie Irving has suffered a season ending torn a ACL and his left knee. He was hurt last night limped off the floor. At first it was labeled a sprain at an MRI and realized that he had torn the ACL. He is currently the only player in the NBA averaging at least twenty points shooting forty percent from three point range ninety percent from the free throw line, the fifth season in his career with those statistics, second most all time to Steph Curry, but out for the rest of the season. He appeared in fifty of the MAVs sixty two games so far this season, but done for the year and getting injured on the night when the Mavericks announced they're going to raise season ticket prices for next season. Congratulations, what a month for the Dallas Mavericks. Eight seven seven three DP Show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at TP show. We'll get some more phone calls coming up. We spent a lot of time talking about there's anonymous coach in a meeting interview with Shadoor Sanders at the Combine and this is apparently a team that's in the top seven as far as draft order, and there was a coach who said that shouldre Sanders came off arrogant and brash. We talked to Matt Miller of the Mothership Draft analyst. He's not very high on Shaudor Sanders the football player. But this just sort of, I don't know, came out of nowhere and then all of a sudden, opinions are coming, you know, fast and furious. Trevor Sikima, he is the lead analyst Pro Football Focus, and you have a strong opinion on Shudor Sanders as well. Trevor, good to have you back. Where do you stand on shud Or Sanders? Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Dan, first off, five to eleven, one seventy eight and seven eight inch hand size, although that is with no hand massaging going on. So I feel like if we get a couple of weeks with that technique, I can hit that Joe Burrow nine inch threshold. So I just want to say that first and foremost. Uh, you know what, shud Or Sanders. The fact of the matter is is I had him slipping out of my post combine mock draft that I did over at PFF dot com. And the reason why is because I could not find anybody that spoke with conviction with Shudor Sanders being QB one taken in the top ten or even as a first round quarterback. So to me, when I hear that and I line that up with a lot of people were talking about cam Ward, is somebody that you take that chance on, I feel like it's a one quarterback race at this point.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: When I watch Shador, he plays a very clean brand football. He understands the position very very well. You could tell that he's been raised around the game. He understands how to read defenses, go through progressions all of that, operate the pocket, make protection calls. He knows how to play quarterback. The reason why I'm a little bit lower on him, I gave him a late second early third round grade, is simply because I don't know if he's got that crazy arm talent to be able to compete against the Lamar Jackson's, the Josh Allens, the Patrick Mahomes, guys like that. That the reason why you would draft the quarterback isn't in the top ten, isn't just because hey, let's take one just because we need one. It's because you want to win a super Bowl. You're taking a guy that high because you believe he can win a Super Bowl. Does shud Or have the overall arm talent to matchup against those guys?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: And I think as we are getting more into draft season and the combines a really good barometer for this, you get sort of caught up on what the league might have been thinking about these players really all along. And I think we talked about to Q because there's so many quarterback needy teams in the top ten. But it just feels like teams are much more gravitating towards cam Ward worthy of a top selection and Chador maybe something more on Day two or the late first round.
Speaker 2: But how much of this is the last name that if this is just you know, Shaud or Smith and not Shoud or Sanders, you know, does his draft status stock change at all? In your mind?
Speaker 3: I would say that it would probably be the other way around. You know, when you look at Shador and I understand how well he played over the last couple of years and everything that he was able to do at Jackson State and then also at Colorado. I think, again, he plays a very clean brand of football, But does he have those NFL level traits that you want as a franchise caliber quarterback because he lacks the overall mobility And again, I think that he's got a mid tier NFL level arm strength, but it's it's nothing that's really special. So I wonder if it's the opposite VP, and I wonder if it's the fact that, hey, we've been talking about Shador in the top ten, in the top five because of sort of who he is and the notoriety that he has, instead of the other way around, like we're seeing now where it's like, oh, well, does the NFL not like him, you know, because of his last name and some people call it baggage. I agree with Shador when he said at the Shrine Bull He's like, I didn't know that having a supportive parent was all of a sudden a bad thing, you know, Like I totally agree with him when he says that, And so I think it's much more of maybe the notoriety and him being in the public eye and us saying like, hey, if you need a quarterback, he's a quarterback in this class. And now we're just sort of catching up to it. Feels like the NFL is saying, eh, maybe not quite in the top ten, maybe something a little bit further down the line.
Speaker 2: And he's going to get a lot of attention because he's Dion Son. And then there's cam Ward, who is appears to be by far and away the number one quarterback in the draft. Let's nitpick, because that's what we start to do this time of the year. Trevor nitpick cam Ward.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that you know Joe Shane, the general manager of the new the New York Giants, who they very much need a quarterback as well. You know, he was asked specifically about cam Ward when he was at his podium session at the Combine, and you know he said, you know, hey, you watch that col game, in that Virginia Tech game. Those are two games where at the end of it, when the clockheads zero, cam Ward, what a hero, incredible comeback. But then he goes the reason why they needed to come back is also because of him a little bit. So it is a little bit of that hot and cold there, and so there's no doubt. I mean, like you don't need to even necessarily call it nitpicking to talk about what is the total product of cam Ward. He's somebody who is just very unorthodox. And how he looks back there in the pocket. I mean there are times when the feet just stopped moving completely and you go, did you freeze? Like do we need to you know, unplug you and reset you here before you get rid of the ball, And like that's just sometimes what it looks like for cam Ward. And so his style, you know, how he releases the football, the decisions of when to push the ball down the field, all of that, it's a little bit boom or bust. You know, it's a little bit of like can you stomach this? But the reason why I do, and the reason why he's my QB one is because I firmly believe in a game where the margins are so small, every quarterback in the NFL has about two to four throws that they have to make every single week to win in this league.
Speaker 2: Cam Nordon not only in my.
Speaker 3: Opinion, has the arm talent to do so, but he has the mentality to do so. He will willingly attack those throws and take those chances. So it's a lot of that. Hey, there's a lot of good, a lot of bad. You want to try to raise the floor with them. But yeah, I mean, we don't even necessarily have to call it nitpicking. This is sort of a risky quarterback class here, including with Ward.
Speaker 2: Trevor Sikima, the Pro Football Focus lead draft analyst joining us on the program. If you looked at Sam Darnold's profile now compared to when he was coming into the NFL, how much has it changed with Pro Football Focus looking at.
Speaker 3: Him, No, it's a lot, and it's a lot of dealing with pressure. Honestly, you know what he was able to do at USC, I think that that short sort of shows that, you know, when you're in a really good college environment sometimes that can mask things, right. We saw that with Zach Wilson as well, where at BYU he's playing behind one of the best offensive lines in the country and then he gets to the New York Jets. Both of those guys, ironically, and it's just a different story. You're playing with a lot of pressure. You know, there's the phrase that everybody likes to, you know, continue to bring up with Sam Darnold where he felt like he was seeing ghosts and it just it took him a while to get to this point where he's now confident enough to not see ghosts anymore, to really be able to play under pressure the way that he needs to now. I know, those last two games of the season sort of brought back some of those doubts from him. But you know, at PFF, it was really that passing grade under pressure that was that was such a sticking point with him when he was with the Jets and how different it was under Kevin O'Connell and in that system. Now did O'Connell do a nice job of making it maybe easier for him, of course, But that manifests itself in confidence, and that's the most important thing for every player making the jump from college to the NFL. When can you expect that confidence? And I think that's a big part of when teams do these player interviews and when they get these guys in for these private workouts, it's simply determined because they've watched the tape, they know the scouting reports. It's simply determining Are you a confident football player? Can you hit the ground running and still bring all of your talent to the floor here when you get here in the NFL? And for Sam that wasn't the case early on, but sometimes it takes a little bit of the development from these guys.
Speaker 2: How many running backs have first round grades at Pro Football Focus.
Speaker 3: So I would say two of them have first round grades in Ashton Genty and Omari and Hampton. But I could see, yeah, after the combine that quin Shawn Jenkins had from Ohio State, I think he is in that category. You know, Caleb Johnson, I know a lot of people love him from Iowa. I think that he is in that category. The running back that I am the most confused with is did we just forget what cam' Scatibo did at Arizona State over this past year. Like I understand, he's not going to run the fastest forty yard dash, but even at the combine, the one thing he did was the vertical jump and it was thirty nine and a half inches. That is well above expectation and showcases that explosive this. I mean, we even saw in the College Football Playoff he's rushing for touchdowns he's catching touchdowns, he's throwing for touchdowns. This is a football player, man, And from the running back position, I think that we just we sometimes focus on the wrong things. How often do you really have the chance to be a quote unquote home run hitter at the running back position. How many times do you get the chance to run a forty to fifty sixty yard.
Speaker 4: Game to the house. Doesn't happen at the NFL level.
Speaker 3: Give me the guys that will turn a three yard carry into a four and a half yard carry on a regular basis, with that yards after contact in that style. So I don't think that camp Scattaboy is going to go in round one, but that's another player that we're going to get a lot of these running backs that go on the fringe or early parts in round two. I mentioned Caleb Johnson Scataboo. I think that Trayvon Henderson is in there as well, a couple of guys who had good combines, and DJ Giddens and RJ. Harvey might get there in the back of the second round. So I would tell you we're getting at least two he get the least Ashing genty and O Marion Hampton are getting in the first round, but could very well have that third if it's Quinshawn Jenkins.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you as always, Trevor, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Appreciate a DP anytime.
Speaker 2: That's Trevor Sikima, the lead draft analysts for Pro Football Focus. All right, so those are two guys, well respected guys in the industry, and both saying the same thing. Shadoor Sanders might not be a first round town. This has just started. It feels like now he didn't do anything at the combine other than do interviews, but now all of a sudden, it feels like there's this groundswell consensus that should Door Sanders is overrated. I want to see what happens on his pro date. Now, I don't put too much stock in it, and I'll go back to what I've said. I'm not rewriting history. I loved what I saw with him at Colorado, but he is not a playmaker, you know, the way we look at Josh Allen mean, Joe Burrow's more of a playmaker, justin Herbert more of a playmaker. He's not a playmaker. He's not big, he's not fast, He's tough, but I don't know you know, can that translate to a six foot one quarterback who doesn't extend plays the way you would want your quarterback in today's game to be able to extend. So, whoever was ranking him before, I don't know what they were factoring in or not factoring in cam Ward, I get it. Everybody talks about how strong his arm is. I get that. Is that enough in this draft? It will be because he's going to go probably in the top three. Normally he wouldn't, yeah, pulling any chance.
Speaker 5: This is the opposite what's being talked about that these NFL teams are feigning disinterest in Shador Sanders in hopes that he drops. If you're the Las Vegas Raiders, you walk around the combine saying yet that he's not on our radar.
Speaker 2: Okay, but does Pete Carroll want a rookie quarterback? Let's just look at team by team. If Pete Carroll wants a veteran quarterback, you don't want to take a quarterback. You want to get the right quarterback. You don't want to go, hey, we need a quarterback, Let's take shaudor Sanders. Seventh. Overall, the Giants that coaching staff needs to win now or they're going to get fired. Well, Aaron Rodgers gives you a better chance than shardor Sanders, and probably cam Ward does. Right now, Tennessee, if I'm Tennessee, I trade down. You don't you need a quarterback, But let's get somebody who is going to be a great player for you, like Abdul Carter. You want Travis Hunters, somebody you know is going to be great, Yes, Mark, But.
Speaker 6: Pete Carroll had Rocky Russell Wilson. So maybe if he thinks Shard door Sanders would fit in his system, maybe he'll go with him.
Speaker 2: But he had a top five defense. He just needed a quarterback who could be a little more athletic than Matt Flynn. You know, the bar wasn't set too high there, and Russ turned out to be a whole lot better than you know, Pete probably even thought, and he I wouldn't put, you know, out of the equation of bringing in Russell Wilson to Vegas. I think I think Pete and Russ have mended their offences there. I think that relationship was bad in Seattle. And you know, my source said that it was going to be one or the other had to go and of course Russell lost that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Pauli, Marvi and I were just saying, who's the least Vegas quarterback.
Speaker 4: In the NFL.
Speaker 2: Russell, wils Kirk Cousins, one seed, Yes Kirk Cousins. Yes, Wilson is super Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Well his wife will make him super Vegas.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Remember man, when we saw him in Miami. He's got the chains, he's got the shades of Valor's shirt.
Speaker 4: He's modern day Vegas.
Speaker 2: I thought he was trying to channel John Stamos when we saw him in Miami with his hair and like he was like, damn, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Russ?
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's a makeover with your wife. Sierra's got that written all over. Yeah, pulling.
Speaker 5: I still think though, teams like the New York Giants and jackson not Jacksonville, the Raiders, the Jets, the Saints, they're probably all playing it if they don't aren't interested in that quarterback because there's not a lot to choose from. Remember years ago, the Jacksonville Jaguars, they didn't even interview Blake Bortles, and they acted like they weren't interested and they just took him. Now, it worked out for a little bit. But these teams have deeper strategies sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if once again they're looking at Shade or Sanders and they're assessing what is real he's non athletic in the face bet he's six to one. Oh wait, what's the well, no teams are going to be stupid. I mean somebody will be like, uh, she's right there, Well, we're gonna take him.
Speaker 4: What would be the over under from where he's drafted.
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: If I give you five and a half five and a half over under pie to the face, would you take pie to the face under five and a half?
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 2: Is anybody who want a piece of Paulie for piece of pie? Shudoor Sanders goes in the top five, anybody want a piece of that? Could be a trade. Somebody trades crickets on the other side, crickets on the.
Speaker 4: If we would have done this bet, you know.
Speaker 2: What, Paulie, I'll take you. I'll take you up on it.
Speaker 5: If we did this bet two weeks ago, everybody would have said he's in the top yes, yes, so.
Speaker 2: You got Shoudoor Sanders fifth or higher the over under five and a half. The bet is who has he will go within the Paulie has shudor going top five, So the over under five and a half. If I made you guys bet on it, what would you take? I would take the six six six. Oh yeah, yeah I could. I could talk myself into jumping in on that. Marvin, what about you? Yeah I could too, Paul Fritzi, Yeah, six plus yeah, all right, I like it.
Speaker 4: Good times.
Speaker 2: Well, we we have to have one of these bets every draft. What was the one we had last year? Was it? Uh? Didn't didn't? Wasn't there a bet top fifteen pick or dang Kenny Pickett? I think was a few years ago that we did that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, he definitely did a number of quarterbacks in round one last year. I think we had four and a half or five and a half.
Speaker 4: Oh man checking.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's let me take a break here, let me take a break. We get more phone calls coming up back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 10: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together, we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 10: Check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Kobin on Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: The Eagles cut Darius Sleigh and it's one of those where you go wow, but then you realize he's thirty four. He wants to play one more year. They have a really young secondary and he gets paid a lot of money. He became expendable. Recapping the Kyrie Irving news. He's out for the rest of the year. Torn acl This according to ESPN Final Hour poll question Seaton, did you put up something for the third hour?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we got one here to update you on. Being franchise tagged is a black Big Mike, positive or negative? Being franchise tagged is a positive or negative?
Speaker 2: I would say a negative and lass I'm Kirk Cousins and I get tagged, and then I get tagged, and then I get signed a guaranteed contract after that. It certainly worked out well for him. I don't think t Higgins is thrilled that he got tagged by the Cincinnati Bengals. Again. He wants to Yes, he wants to get a long term deal. And now you hire Jamar Chase's agent, so maybe you kind of go in there and you go, let me negotiate for both of my clients here. But Jamar Chase is going to get paid. Justin Jefferson, the highest paid wide receiver. I believe if I'm Jamar Chase, now you're going in and trying to negotiate with the Bengals historically cheap. I'm asking for something that begins with a four, and you could say I got you to the super Bowl, and if the line had blocked Aaron Donald, I might have won you the super Bowl. He's probably gonna ask for that. And look, T Higgins got paid a lot, like I think it's around twenty six twenty seven million for the tag. That's one year. See that's the problem. You know, you're you want guaranteed money, and if you're a wide receiver, you know, just like a running back, your days are numbered staying healthy. You want to get as the kids say, the bag. T Higgins didn't get it, So I would say not not a compliment. Yes, Marvin, you know.
Speaker 6: I think sor right, because look, you get a big bag for this year, but I know you want long term. But if you're a Le'Veon Bell, would you have played that season?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but it's a good thing because you never get that money back. You know he never got that money back and.
Speaker 6: He had to go play for the Jets.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you try to prove a point and it didn't work. Cow. Well there, all right, a couple of phone calls in here. Let's see how about Tracy and Georgia? Hi, Trace, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Good morning, gentlemen in Fritzy. When you're having the discussion about the most arrogant quarterbacks of all time, you're really leaving off one of the one of the worst. In my opinion, this guy gets a couple of stats. See if we can't get a blue blue. This guy signed the highest rookie contract ever. He threw forty six interceptions on his way to forty one touchdowns, lost thirty five of his first forty nine games, and that ineptitude was only surpassed by his ability to be a grade A number one A hole.
Speaker 2: You guess me, Paulie.
Speaker 4: I think I have this Jeff George blue bloo.
Speaker 2: All right, congratulations, Paulie knows a holes. Jeff George. Congratulations, Jeff George. All you could throw a great depot. That's the only whatever you say, Jeff George, they always go, man, he could throw the deep ball on the prettier balls. Yeah, Jeff George, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Lucas and Texas, Hi Luke, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Dan?
Speaker 12: Good morning, Good morning. I want to talk real quick about shaduor Sanders, but I've got to compliment Eduardo from a couple of hours ago. In a show that celebrates left turns, I have not really heard of one that made me stop and laugh harder than someone with a deep voice like Paul Harvey. Like someone called earlier Paul Harvey talking about various statey Eye of South America. Anyways, I'd like to talk. I'm here to talk about Shador Sanders, like, oh my gosh, it was an all timer. It was like to be celebrated. But yeah, I mean, my two cents on it is I agree with Peter King. This is all a smoke show in a league, in a professional environment that almost thrives on arrogance, Like I mean, what twenty two year old think that they could take over an NFL team and not be a little bit arrogant. He feels like someone is just waiting to try to get a little maneuvering place. And I agree, I think the Raiders are a great spot. Brady was famously cocky, arrogant, however you want to phrase it, and that's always been the brand of the Raiders. This feels like a play more than anything else. I lean more with Peter team than the other two guests you guys have had. I think he's right on the ball with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you know, keep this in mind. This is one coach who labeled Shador Sanders arrogant in brash. These are two analysts who are looking at Shadoor Sanders not as arrogant or brash, just his talent. So there's a big difference here. If it's a smoke screen kind of a fakes smear campaign. Okay, that's one thing. These are analysts who are looking him as a football player, not his personality. They're talking about he's only six to one, he's not a great athlete. Does he have a big time arm? So those are football questions, This isn't personality questions.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's not exactly breaking news or a hot take too to say either that just based on my own lived experience, there is a sizeable percentage of children who grow up with wealthy parents that are arrogant. I don't know if people were aware of this or not, but most wealthy kids are kids who come from wealthy parents. By and large, fair to be a certain degree of arrogant.
Speaker 2: I don't like this personality trait if you want to call it, doesn't bother me because I have a friend. The first time I met him, this is fifteen years ago, he told me is IQ. It was one sixty two, and I said to him, if you're that smart, shouldn't I have been able to figure out that you're that smart? Why did you have to tell me? But he is extremely arrogant, cocky, confident, but he does want to be wrong. So sr. Door Sanders might be arrogant, might be cocky, but he he doesn't He's not going to let himself be embarrassed. He's he's gonna be great, or at least that's his mindset. You want to be great. You don't want to put yourself out there and have somebody go, oh, you're supposed to be great or you're supposed to be smart. There's people who are like that that they still you may not like their personality, but that's who they are and they don't want to be wrong. Shir Door Sanders, he's got money, an I l came from money with his father. Maybe he's going in with you know, an entitled you know kind of persona. I understand it, but that you know, if you're arrogant or brash or cocky or whatever, let me see how you play. I don't care what you say. I care how you play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, If you play well, your personality is a positive. If you play poorly, it's a negative. Jay Cutler was kind of the thard and disinterested, but when he played well, he wasn't. And then when he started playing poorly for the Bears, he was that. If you look at Joe Montana, you met Joe, he seems casual, not fired up raw rah. But nobody ever said anything about his demeanor. His demeanor was cool because he won.
Speaker 2: Robin Orlando, Hi, Rob, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hey Dan, Good afternoon. Good chat with you guys again. Multi time caller, long time listener five eleven, two oh six. Yeah. I don't want to overachieve, under achieve. I just want to be average. I'm the shoot hour Sanders thing you guys are talking about, you know, And and here draft analysts talk about his skill set. He might have been the sixth seventh pick last year in the draft, six seven quarterback come out of the draft last year, And I think that's really the rob So combine that with the side was going to be potentially him and his father. I think teams that are like borderline on them aren' gonna want to deal with that.
Speaker 2: It might be, you know, they may find out that Chardoor doesn't want to go to the Cleveland Browns. Maybe the Cleveland Browns don't want Shardoor. And I think what happened is we got caught up in oh Dion's going to steer him where he wants to and you know, is he gonna want to go to the Tennessee Titans or the Jets or they may not want him for all we know. But Dion, when he joined me at the Super Bowl said he's already reached out to some teams to talk to them.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's you better take him or you better not take him, but he's already started that process. He may just be overrated because he should. Door Sanders and we saw him he was at Colorado. I just know what I saw on the field. He's a good quarterback, tough quarterback. But once again we're talking there's a lot of really good quarterbacks in college. There's only a few really really good quarterbacks in the NFL. Is he capable of being that kind of quarterback? Is he a Teddy Bridgewater, which is not a bad career, but not a franchise quarterback, similar skill set. Probably not a big guy, not particularly elusive, but stayed. You know, Jacoby Brissett, I mean, I don't know an he's six' one two or six one and a. Half, okay that's a knock as. Well BUT i think in TODAY'S nfl they're probably. Looking you, know it used to be these cookie. Cutters you had to be six four or six,' five you had to have a, big arm you had to be strong in. The pocket those days are. LONG gone, I Mean matthew stafford is. A Dinosaur Even, JARED goff, I Mean josh allen is, that size but he has that the athleticism of any other quarterback Except. For lamar, You, know kyler we're still not Sure. About russ we're still not sure about after all these years we were and then. We WEREN'T now i don't know where we are. With it but, you know looking for, your quarterback you know, the size, arm strength can you can you extend? A play can you get? A First patrick mahomes was not known as a great Athlete At texas. TECH people i don't KNOW if i ever read anything where, they, go man that guy, can run, it was he can throw, the ball and then what, you know one of his great attributes is extending a. Play running every one of these quarterbacks you. NEED it i don't care If It's, Geno Smith. Trevor lawrence at some point you need your quarterback to extend a play or beat you with. His legs and that's not something should. Or does can you say he's going to stay in. The pocket and he may Be A geno smith kind, of quarterback which nothing wrong. With that gino's starting and, you know really resuscitated. HIS career i just don't Know if shador is a. Great quarterback, maybe good but is that. Good enough Let's see James In. Salt, Lake, hi james what's on? Your? Mind?
Speaker 13: Okay dan how, you?
Speaker 12: Doing brother how you?
Speaker 9: Been?
Speaker 2: Great james?
Speaker 14: Good man i'm.
Speaker 13: GLAD man i love, YOUR show i love.
Speaker 12: YOUR vibe i love what.
Speaker 13: Y'all, do man thank you.
Speaker 12: For that just, real.
Speaker 13: QUICK man i know y'all haven't said much about the tink gave, this fight but is this guy WITH the wwe. THE ref, i mean this guy got to talk to, his mom he was Looking, for floyd and then he didn't even get. A count this would have been a perfect Time for johnsena to come out and. GO rogue i can't, Believe, IT dan i don't know. WHAT'S up i, love boxing but how did this guy not get a count and.
Speaker 12: Got his face?
Speaker 13: Wiped off he was able to do whatever he wanted and then the, ref's like are?
Speaker 14: You okay?
Speaker 12: You're good you want?
Speaker 2: To far, but yeah, all right well Thank. You james maybe a. Left turn eduardo said that that was a. Left, turn uh let's take a. Break here did you follow, That. FIGHT marvin i saw a couple of stories, on IT BUT i.
Speaker 6: I just saw Videos, on TWITTER but i didn't.
Speaker 2: See, anything yeah? In, DETAIL yeah I mean i was too caught Up In john cena. TURNING heel, I mean i can't.
Speaker 6: Even believe. It's Unbelievable After, hulk hogan this is the biggest heel turning in the head.
Speaker 2: Is unbelievable it. Is, unbelievable, Yeah, yes paul.
Speaker 5: The Fight Was tank Davis Versus lamont Roach And tank davis he got something from his hair into his eyes and it affected his vision and he took like a time out during a, live ROUND which i think confused people because they didn't know there was timeouts, in BOXING because i don't think, There, are, uh okay but the.
Speaker 4: Ref let them take.
Speaker 2: A break i saw a. Fight recently uh it WAS the ufc where the guy went to tap the gloves of, his opponent, you know to you kind of come out and, you tap, you know it's like it's like.
Speaker 9: He.
Speaker 2: Suckered, him yeah he. Dropped him he dropped him in his seven Seconds. Bush lee, it's, like yeah tap and then, he tabbed put his, hand boom. Seven, Seconds, yes marvin protect yourself at. All times, Thank. You marvin let's take. A break last call for? Phone calls what? We learn what's in? Store tomorrow, after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live Edition Of The Dan patrick show weekdays at Nine am eastern Six am Pacific On Fox sports radio And THE. iHeartRadio wap last call for, Phone calls what? We learn what's in?
Speaker 2: Store Tomorrow nicks warriors tonight At the garden Over Under. Jalen, Brunson marvin i'll start.
Speaker 6: With you it's twenty five and.
Speaker 4: A half paul twenty six and. A, Half Whoop.
Speaker 2: Steph curry over under tonight Against The knicks.
Speaker 7: Todd thirty two and, A half seatan twenty seven and, A half paul twenty four and, A half marvin twenty nine and, a half.
Speaker 2: Twenty six and, A Half, Jalen Brunson steph curry both twenty six and. A half i'll go Over For. Jalen brunson feels like you're supposed to go Over For. Steph curry How About Pelicans lakers luca Over under.
Speaker 4: Paul the twenty seven and, A half.
Speaker 6: Marvin twenty six and, A half todd thirty and, A half seatan twenty eight and.
Speaker 2: A half bloop bloop bloop Over Under, Lebron james paul.
Speaker 6: Twenty three and, A half marvin twenty five and, A half todd twenty six and.
Speaker 1: A half.
Speaker 14: WOOP bloopo i gotta play the game.
Speaker 2: Sometimes twenty six and a Half, For lebron Steph And. Jalen brunson, all right this day in, Sports, history paul what do you have?
Speaker 5: For me he's got a couple, for you. This one in, nineteen Thirteen The New york yankees Traveled to bermuda for, spring practice as they. Called it they were the first team to leave the country from.
Speaker 4: To train.
Speaker 5: The v foundation formed in nineteen ninety three And In new york nineteen, ninety three the first Ever esp awards.
Speaker 4: Were held you, Were, THERE yes i was after party.
Speaker 7: Pretty good uh they have, Those back yeah.
Speaker 2: They. Did yeah certain members of management always made sure that we had a. GOOD party i remember that we, LAUNCHED well i don't want to get too, many DETAILS but i remember a member of management fell out of, a car a parked car in the. Parking lot he had been, over served but, you know he. Wasn't driving that was the, good thing but kind of spilled out of his car or. SOMEBODY'S car i, Should, say ah the good, old days.
Speaker 9: YOU.
Speaker 2: Know espn Let's see Abby In des Moines Or.
Speaker 1: Des.
Speaker 2: Monet hi how are?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 15: Great, abby oh thank you so much for taking. MY call i am a first, time Caller so i'm a, bit nervous but please bear.
Speaker 9: With me.
Speaker 12: This is a little.
Speaker 15: OFF topic i know that you guys at one point were planning a Trip, to iowa And so i'm just reaching out on behalf of a couple of businesses Here In des moines that would love to, host you whether that's for recording or just. A visit so we are part Of The crescent building and we have a, popular brewery locally sourced, meat shop a creative, production studio and a popular brunch spot all under. One roof so we'd love you to have you over to even come on A meat friday where you could get the smoker out at the brewery and we could have the good butcher who is our local butcher shop bring in. To me and then if you needed a place, to court we have a trailick studio which is in the, same building a thousand foot downstage which is all set up with little large cycle and say, our LADY so i have everything Might, need abby.
Speaker 2: Thank you we've had some People From des moines who've reached out ALREADY and i think talking about some of the places that you've. Brought up but we are still planning on Going. To. Iowa uh, in fact we've talked about it almost on a. Weekly basis we'll let you know when we're going and where we're going to be in the different cities that we're going to try. To hit it's sort of, like uh, you know presidential CAMPAIGN barnstorming, i guess, you know they would do it, by train where they'd be in the, you know coming through on a train. And waving, but yeah, you know there's some things to. Work out, but yes we are planning on Going. To, Iowa uh David. In La, hi david what's on your? Mind?
Speaker 16: Today HID and i wanted to reference your father's innovative thinking in the area for ball analytics because it reminds me of something press here my own father came up with in the. NINETEEN seventies i remember him describing and even sketching out this concept that would use ground level cameras moving.
Speaker 13: Up and down the sidelines on.
Speaker 16: A, fixed rail precisely measuring ball spots and doing away with. First, starantams now, you know who knows how this would have played out with coaches tripping over it or fans who liked the drama of. A MEASUREMENT but i, was thinking imagine if our two visionary fathers got together and perfected their respective ideas and they stayed of REVOLUTIONIZED the nfl fifty years ahead of.
Speaker 2: Its, time well, Thank. You, david yeah a lot of Reaction that sean McVay was on yesterday and his grandfather was the coach At the University. Of dayton my dad was in computer science and this is back in the late sixties, early seventies and he wanted to help the, football team so he asked coach McVeigh to give him all the information on their opponents and what their. Tendencies were he was trying to, figure out, you know what they, would call, you know third, and eight what they would call if it was, you know first, and ten what plays would? They run and he put it into a computer and then, you know it's probably one of the first football analytics that was. EVER invented, i guess lack of a, better word but he thought the computers were. The future we didn't see it at, you know all of my brothers, and sisters but obviously he. Was right and with the analytics. As well where would we be, Without, analytics well some WOULD say i wish we were. Without analytics Don't Get michael wilbon started, on this, but yeah thank you for the reaction. To that let Me see terry And. San, Diego hi Terry.
Speaker 14: Hie dan first. Time caller thanks for. HAVING me i really appreciate. Your Show, SADUR sanders i really feel like he's a social media influencer draft pick because he doesn't make, decisions fast and you looked. At it, you know the first played with a bad. Offensive line he was getting killed and until he had like three or five seconds, to throw he. Was horrible he's, not fast he doesn't make decisions Quickly Like. BAKER mayfield i don't understand how this quarterback that would rather take a sack than throw a risky ball or throw it away to pat his satz is getting so. MUCH hype i feel like there are teams trying to trick other teams into. Drafting him.
Speaker 2: IT'S crazy, i well, ONCE again i didn't hear, any negatives of very, few negatives and now all of, a sudden That's all i've heard, negatives now and then there, might be, you know a groundswell for the other side to come back and talk about all the, great things and then he has his pro day. As, well todd would you learn today.
Speaker 12: What made me perceived as arrogance or brash behavior to one person could be great confidence with a little cockiness to.
Speaker 2: Another seat it's that time, of, Year, rumors marvin.
Speaker 6: You Said kirk cousins will be an. Expensive mentor paul always.
Speaker 2: Protect yourself most cars on the road could use A. Little Tlc. At mako they bring your car back. To life affordable pain chomps like. Collision repairs get a free. Estimate today, uh oh Better. Get mako thanks for the, phone, calls emails tweets and To, you eduardo. Thank you have a. Great day