Speaker 1: Holidays.
Speaker 2: Celebrating the holidays with Covino and Rich on Over Promised, Also celebrating twenty years of CNR.
Speaker 1: This mondy, twenty years of this guy. I deserve a major award.
Speaker 2: Got your leg lamp, Covino and Rich two to four on the West, Fox Sports Radio five to seven on the East, Search Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcast. You have loss to get to on over Promised. Things we couldn't fit into our regular show. Is at the end of a Christmas trend. We'll get to that Thursday Night Foosball Wild Moments in Sports for twenty twenty four. But Rich, not only congratulations on twenty years man, but congratulations on your huge win this week.
Speaker 1: Oh my parlay the Bucks NBA Cup. No, the other thing you've been talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh anyone championship, Yes to anyone who will listen.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a champion. What do you want me to tell you? I have a deep thought about rex sports. So again, we'll get to that. I have a teaser bet. We've hit our last three, so we will get to all that. But another year, bro come into a close. Before you know it will be twenty twenty five and when you look back at twenty twenty four, there were some pretty funny I guess you would say, like hot stories. What were the wild stories in the world of sports in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Well, when you think back early on, there was no bigger story than show Hey Otani, the whole gambling saga, all that controversy.
Speaker 1: Was he involved?
Speaker 2: Was it all eat Bay's fault, eat Bay Misuhara?
Speaker 1: Was it him? What a translator trivia question maybe like five years from now had a hard trivia in that, like what was the name of the fall guy for Otani? His agent with the gambling?
Speaker 2: Was he a fall guy? I remember thinking that was he paid off? Turns out Show Hay had nothing to do with it. And you know, it really seemed like it was going to be a really rough start for show Hey under the bright lights of Los Angeles, you know, even though he played for LA already this is the Dodgers, right, Like, this is not how you want to start.
Speaker 1: But you know what, it all worked out if you live out here, Angels Dodgers, not even in the same no conversation, not even in the same ballpark. Pun intended. Not only did we think maybe he was the fall guy, and Otani was involved. You know my favorite, uh my favorite legendary story the story of the Chinese farmer that Tom Brady loves to talk about. Yeah, maybe like something good or bad happens and you're like, oh, maybe it's good, maybe it's bad. This year started out like it was going to be shitty for show hay Tani. Fast forward six months later, the guy wins a championship for the Dodgers fifty to fifty. I mean, it could have been a better year for Show Hey. But that story about the gambling, he really was a big story early.
Speaker 2: On wild controversial show. Otani definitely comes to mind in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Four thinking back now, Yeah, they changed your mind on anything. You think he was involved at all? Oh, you think it really was a seisty dude that took advantage of Show Hey. I think it all came out in the wash and truth prevailed.
Speaker 2: You really think this guy would have been dragged through the mud the way he was if he really wasn't responsible on his own.
Speaker 1: I do think they were great friends, though, I really do. I think that if that's the case, then and show Hey was betrayed. Unfortunately, sometimes when you were elite like show Hey, music, sports entertainment. Some of the people you think around you that are really on your team are just there for the financial fund and the ride. And it looks like that eBay dude really betrayed Showhy. If you believe the story that we all know now, it looks like that guy was a piece of shit and Otani was innocent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we definitely speculated, right of course, every day and another wild sports moment of twenty twenty four definitely has to revolve around the Olympics. Olympics were huge pun intended this year for multiple reasons. One of those reasons, one of those big reasons Olympic junk.
Speaker 1: When you said Olympics, I tell you thinking, oh Lebron showing up or remember Caitlin Clark being left off the team. Yeah, Like there was a lot of stories, but I think that what prevailed really was Bulge honestly the swimmer, but more importantly get the swimmer. The pole vaulter whose whole reputation now is I can't get over the highest pole vault. Big is my bigs The question.
Speaker 2: Right, Rich posed this question to again anyone that would listen. Do you think you'd rather win the gold or being known as the guy with the biggest junk at the Olympic Games.
Speaker 1: I don't remember hearing that when he did it. My hypothetical, if you really want to remember what it was if you didn't win the gold, because clearly you're gonna want gold more than anything. But my question was, if you didn't win gold, is being known as the pole vaulting junk guy better than and let's say coming in fourth place or even winning a bronze for that matter. I think the answer is yes. I think unless you win gold, being the pule vaulting junk guy, that's a legacy builder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations once again to the Frenchman with the massive dumb.
Speaker 1: Do you remember any other pole vaulting story in the history of sports? Now, Anthony exactly? Amaradi? Right? Amaradi? Was that his name? The Frenchman who went viral? Just like at your Google search, everyone was like did you see the guy?
Speaker 2: And you know people were breaking hr rules, Everyone was showing everybody at the office and.
Speaker 1: Set his guy's junk at the Olympics. Truthfully, I think about it most popular bult since the guy would on the end of the bed, the black dude during COVID.
Speaker 2: No, but Olympic junk was a huge story. It was a wild sports moment in twenty twenty four. Let me rephrase, and another one that comes to mind. You can say number three on our list is a recent one. This is still a developing story.
Speaker 1: But I think in the world of wild and sallacious, it is a hard pill to swallow when you have to play besides a guy that used to bang your wife. We're talking Cody Bellinger to the Yankee, I mean Cody Bellinger his beautiful wife. And I say it's respectfully because I would to want someone talking smack about me and my wife. Because everyone's wife or girlfriend has a past. Your girlfriend, my wife, spot your wife. People have been with other people, but they're in the public eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I live by a code and it's less history, more mystery.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no mystery here when you're in the public eye. No matter how confident and cool and successful Cody Bellinger is, there's no way on planet Earth he wants to look at John Carlow especially. I was saying this to a buddy mine. Think at John Carlow six ' five, you know, in the locker room, he's all ripped and chiseled. He's probably got a huge dong, like you think. Cody Bellinger wants to look at John Carlow every day and be like, oh, that guy used to bang my wife. No, I bet he does. He's six five. Again, Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude.
Speaker 2: Professionalism prevails here, and the story goes that Cody was begging his agent to make the deal happen.
Speaker 1: He wanted to be in Pinstripes.
Speaker 2: He didn't necessarily wanted to play alongside the rock and Pinstripes Jean Carlo Stanton. But hey, it is true that Gean Carlo dated his now wife, the mother of his kids, Chase Carter, but ancient let me.
Speaker 1: Let me be respectful and say I hope it all works out. It just I ask you, the viewer, the listener, man, woman, whatever the heck you are, would you really want to work besides someone every day that has been with your significant other? And the answer is likely.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not the most ideal, especially when he looks like that, but hey, they're going to win together and I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you. Would you be able to root for John Carlo? Let's say your beautiful girlfriend, Jordan, let me get a better look. But what if your by the way that bat is to scale? What if you're I'm like the Italian spider Man. If Jordan your girlfriend, said Kavino, I have to admit before we dated, when I was living here in La I know John Carlos from Sherman Oaks. Oh great, Yeah, what if he had got with your girl? Would you be able to root for him?
Speaker 2: Uh, it'd be difficult, it'd be more difficult.
Speaker 1: And you were a grown forty some of year old mature man, and you're like, at.
Speaker 2: Least I wouldn't have to see his junk in the shower, And if I did, I'm sure I'd look like the Italian Superman.
Speaker 1: Isn't that why you wanted your press post?
Speaker 2: There's actual footage of me hypothetically seeing his junk in the sheller.
Speaker 1: Here you go, that's Tonny Belger in spring training.
Speaker 2: Seriously, so you know it's a slacious story. It's a juice you want us a wild sort of love triangle. And I'm sure they're putting it all behind them for the greater good of the Yankees. But a wild sports moment in twenty twenty four, and that brings us to number two and it is sex related.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, speaking of the bedroom. And I believe them a hundred percent because you wouldn't intentionally do this. I truly believe it was a older dude moment where he forgot how to use ig or Snapchat or TikTok hit the live button. But it's a live button. And we all remember when unk Shannon Sharp accidentally broadcasted I'm sorry skip him having six awkward. The comments were priceless and listen an embarrassing moment for him. So I saw him on many a show embarrassing, but he was sort of proud of his performance. I mean, did you see the clip with him in Ocho. Yes, he's like, come on, come on. Hilarious moment. Maybe not so much for the woman involved in Shannon Sharp, but a legendary moment of twenty twenty four while with Sharp live streaming some bedroom action.
Speaker 2: And our number one wild sport moment of twenty twenty four is a two part doozy and it all revolves around one of the biggest goofiest events of the year. We were in Miami to watch with all our friends. We're talking Mike Tyson, Jake Paul. But remember there's a lot of streaming issues, and we predicted it. We were like, is Netflix gonna be able to handle all these people, all these eyes watching it?
Speaker 1: And what happened?
Speaker 2: The feed kept freezing right, But my mom, like my mom was like, Steven.
Speaker 1: Is your TV buffering? Minds now? Where everyone was like is this what's going on?
Speaker 2: But if you remember a lot of times it buffered and stopped on the rink card girls.
Speaker 1: And listen, buffering was a problem, But the rest of it was fun. The women's fight was fantastic. Yeah, it was a fun time. But I think the highlights how to be like you said, the rink card girls. This girl, Sidney Thomas, a student at the University of Alabama, went from like hot, it sounds creepy using the word co ed at Alabama. Oh, by the way, I got left out of the playoffs this year. Big deal in sports. Big you know. That was a highlight of twenty twenty four. An Alabama student. There's a picture where Errol Ariel Hawani's head looked like it was on her boops.
Speaker 2: Well he was doing an interview leaning over so many people's TV stopped and paused and buffered froze essentially on those women, Sidney Thomas and the other ring card girl. But Sidney Thomas especially became an overnight sensation. She was bang millions of followers on social media just like that. And I'm they're all gorgeous. And you know, listen, no one loves a good looking woman more than me. Almost a girl, dad. I try to be respectful. I think Sidney Thomas was beautiful. But anytime someone starts something with no disrespect, you.
Speaker 1: Know, by the way, I'm a girl. You know, some trashy shits about. I think Sidney Thomas was beautiful Alabama. Everyone loves her, the real gorgeous girl that got highlighted because I remember looking up on ig and saw that from the minute they showed her till the end of that night, she gained hundreds of thousands of followers. And that is this beautiful woman by the name of Rafaela Bilaghras. I like how he checks his notes like he's pretending like he doesn't know her name. Seriously, somebody ring that creepo alert. All right, fine, you thought you don't think she's gonna looking Boh, there's the creepo Go back. To the standon picture for him. I think she's gorgeous, and she was one of the ring card girls. I think, if anything, they got the fight right. We were all intrigued by Tyson, Jake Paul, the women under car the co main event was better than Jake Paul Tyson. Yeah, and and truthfully, I know UFC is known for this, but the ring card girls were gorgeous.
Speaker 2: They got they got it right. They benefited from everyone's TV freezing. It was just paused there and everyone's wives were.
Speaker 1: Like, stop staring. But oddly enough, not the cheeks everyone was talking about.
Speaker 2: No, because one of the wildest sports moments, if not the wildest sports moment of twenty twenty four, wasn't the fight, and it wasn't the girls at all. It was Tyson's sweet cheeks.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. And we asked him about it, Mike, Tyson and his cheeks. How did it make you feel? Man? Tell us about that moment. Hey, television had really changed, but that became a big thing. That's just so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Did you expect that to be even a little story when the fight was over?
Speaker 1: That's I've looked. I've been that way my whole career. My butt been showing on took a picture of it. What are you most shocked by the people? Remember? Is it the cameo on the Hangover? Is it the video game? Like? What do you shock that was as popular as it was with your legacy. Well, I think it's gonna be the ath now.
Speaker 2: But come out with an edible Tyson's butt cheeks right so that people can eat it. I like that, like that Tyson's cheeks, sweat cheek, Tyson's sweet cheeks.
Speaker 1: I can see it now. You know what, Rich will be the first to eat them. Rich probably wants to eat him right now. Rich loves him.
Speaker 2: You gotta give me like a little small percentage, Mike, it's my idea.
Speaker 1: Nice. Well, the next time we're in Vegas, helfull, we bump into you and we could take you up on that. Uh. People have some mic bites together, some meal.
Speaker 2: No sweet cheeks, Mike sweet, Mike sweet cheeks. And then the tagline is everybody's eating them ridiculous. Yeah, you gotta get got the money because that was the viral story. You know, if it was the the questioning of was it fixed? But hey, did you see Mike Tyson's ass because he was being interviewed and he turns around and his ass is right there.
Speaker 1: You know. It also inspired some holiday cookies we made.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and inspired me to uh my new gingerbread cookies. Happy holidays, guys, and I look out for those sweet cheeks under the tree and then you're stocking this holiday season.
Speaker 1: I likes sweet cheeks and that was one of the highlights of our year catching up with We want of the first interviews, if not the first interview after the fight. So that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you want to watch that interview in its entireties on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page. And man, I can't wait to get me some of those from Santa this year. Mike's Nike knockout gummy sweet because I want everyone to eat my ass.
Speaker 1: They look extra chewy. Yeah yeah, funny as well.
Speaker 2: So those are the wild sports moments of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: If you want to add to it.
Speaker 2: If you agree or disagree, let us know at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio hashtag over promised. Right now, before we get to my pick for tonight DraftKings coach c R show, I got a teaser.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hit a third in a row. I think cool. But I have just a hypothetical and it has to do with REX sports, which is something I think you need to get involved in, bowling, softball, golf, something basketball, the pickup league or something. It keeps you active. We all love sports. What excuse me acting the gym just you know, the gym, treadmill, or hanging out with a bunch of other friends.
Speaker 2: I'm focusing on my working career. That's your priority at all times. Yeah, I'm also a dad. I go other things to do. I need to escape and hang out a bunch of goons.
Speaker 1: Well, I think every guy should play some type of REX sport. And the question though, is does everyone deserve to play If you're playing in a championship level game, if it is the playoffs or a championship game, and you keep in mind, you give up your time you go there, you play hard, You play to win, especially in more of a competitive basketball or softball leagueor if you're golfing with her to win. You say, huh, you play to win? Okay, cool? Taking notes now, though you do play to win? Uh huh. When let's say you got thirteen fourteen to fifteen guys on the squad because people got other responsibilities. Oh I can't go Tuesday night, it's my kids. You know, recital you carry about thirteen to fifteen guys on the team. Come championship time, we had a dilemma. It's like, yeah, we got like twelve or thirteen that are showing. Does everyone bat? Now? You play ten softball? Much like no? So what do you tell three guys? What don't show opera? No, come and support the team that you're right? So like on your night. Well, first let me say, respectfully, congratulations because you won, right, we did win? All right?
Speaker 2: Nod we congratulations. A bunch of guys I want to get away from their wives, and I mean a bunch of guys who love to get together that.
Speaker 1: Will like to bond with other men and have a good time and stay acting.
Speaker 2: Now I pose this question to the Fox Sports Radio over Promised Nation. What is the biggest criticism in the passification of America and in kids' sports.
Speaker 1: That everybody gets in that bat, everyone gets a trophy.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm getting to that everyone gets in that bat and we're like that stinks, that's stupid, but it's okay for the adults. Are the adults not adult enough to just put the best nine out there for the win. Best ten out there doesn't matter. As I was going to say, does everybody get.
Speaker 1: A trophy too? Give me a break. You're adult. You should be adult enough to say put the best ten out, but you should. You can also be adult enough to say, hey, what we have a problem when they do it and literally yeah, But you could argue, are you a little baby boy? You could argue simply, why are we doing this? You get the camaraderie, the friendships. These are guys. You said you're doing it to win.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving up my random Tuesday night just to slap bass and pail around. You are doing it to win and do your best. Do you guys hear that orange slices talking at both sides.
Speaker 1: Of your mouth. You're like, you just said, I'm not giving them my Tuesday night. That's what I don't like about.
Speaker 2: These goofy leagues, because you're just going here to mess around. I don't have time to mess around like that. It's not it's just not for me. I congratulate it, but you can't say we're going there to win. But everybody gets in that bat even though that guy sucks.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it sucks. No one sucks.
Speaker 2: It's just you should be adult enough to know that I'm not really that great and I'm just here for the fun of it and put the ten out there that are gonna win.
Speaker 1: It's it's no one sucks. That's the thing, right when you play at a certain level.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's some guys better than others.
Speaker 1: There's guys better than others. But so let's say, like we have twelve show up. Do you bet ten or do you bet twelve? I'm giving you my answer, you bat ten. You can't be kids when kids do it, but you're gonna do the same thing as an adult.
Speaker 2: What do you tell the other two guys? Hey, man, if we need you, we'll call you and put you in. Otherwise, see here, you're reporting your team. What do you tell kids aren't playing? I'm the kids just at the bench, But adults aren't adult, immature enough to handle the adults have responsibilities and things to do.
Speaker 1: Kids don't. Kids are kids. I think there, if you're an adult, this is your getaway time to the point where if you're saying I'm gonna drive a half hour go to the field, put on my Jersey and hey, I'm playing.
Speaker 2: I'm not in a charity game or is it a game just because John it's got nothing to dude. It means he has to play in the biggest game of your season.
Speaker 1: But every the youth level, I have an answer to your dumb question. The question at a youth or a high school level, or any level you're building up two guys getting what scholarships? Playing in high school, college, maybe even minor leagues are the pros. When you're an adult, there's no endgame. The end game is I'm staying active. I want to win, but I'm really there to hang out with my friends, So so then hang out. There's a balance of do you play everyone? So what do you feel like a shithead being like, Hey John, I know you came here. What would you.
Speaker 2: Tell a nine year old, Hey, we're hard, little kid. You can't say the same for John in the year league old guy work harder. He's a girl man.
Speaker 1: John hit the banning cages, then he stinks.
Speaker 2: If John stinks, he stinks, No one stinks, and he's role on the team is to bring some laughs. He doesn't need to play. He can't play, So I'm not saying he can't play. This is the biggest game of the year. You said, it's the championships. What are your thoughts? Everybody gets in that bat. Isn't that the big joke with little kids sports? But this is a little kids. It's grown ups giving up there?
Speaker 1: Do you not see that? Even worse, we're talking adults. They're not I'm mature enough, right, are the grown ups are gonna be sad that they weren't in the lineup? Well, if you drive a half hour, you have a long day at work, you have kids, you have responsibilities. This is your leisure time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and this is also the biggest game of the year. Did they not get a bats the whole season? This is the game you're trying to and I think you got to be in to understand it. Maybe, but it's an interesting one, you know what, Or it's an interest you guys. Let me know if I'm making a pretty solid point here at Fox Sports Radio at Covino and Rich, hashtag over promised, hashtag Rich is delusional, Hashtag Rich is wrong.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's only a good conversation because everyone I've asked has a different answer. Rob Parker from Fox Sports Radio all the guys in the editing room. Ever, it was like split down the middle, like like Rob Parker's takeaway, Mike Tyson's butchet, you're a bunch of grown ups, Like, you're not get a lot of guy play. What is this like, He's like, play, it's for fun. You hang with the boys.
Speaker 2: You're trying to win, dude, you're trying. You still try to win, You're still on the trophy.
Speaker 1: It's fun in the moment. And then after that, Yeah, let's look at some cheeks were split down the middle on this one. Guys like split like like those sweet cheeks. A Hey, listen, here's what I want to do. I want to give you a teaser bed that I think is a a winner for tonight. This is the Division Battle Thursday Night. So what I'm gonna do is go with what I call trends. I'm not a trend better. I don't follow like, well, you know those teams whatever against the spread. It's simple. End of the season, two potential playoff teams, right, two potential play not potential two playoff teams. End of the year, Division battle, Thursday Night. What do they say about Thursday night games? They suck traditionally, right, they suck and low scoring Broncos are two and a half point underdogs. Take the Broncos from two and a half to eight and a half. So you have the Broncos plus eight and a half and the over unders forty one and a half. Make that forty seven and a half and take the under. So low scoring, close game tonight Broncos Chargers. I can't see this being a shootout and I can't see it a blowout, so I like the Broncos getting more than a touchdown. I think the Broncos can win this game. They have a better record. Broncos could be what ten and five after this year and listen, under forty seven and a half. That's the tricky part is they both do have offenses. But Thursdays, this Thursday night game, this game could be twenty seventeen, either like twenty seventeen Chargers or Broncos, and you'd be like, yeah, that makes sense. This is not going to be a thirty five to thirty one game. Two decent teams, going to be a decent game, battle, a close battle, low scoring, jot it down, and hey, anything you miss you can always catch at COVID non rich.
Speaker 2: I want to wish you guys a happy holiday, and hey, is it too late to send a card? Because guess what, they haven't gotten any I got one from my dentist, and maybe there's one or two in the mailbox from my sister.
Speaker 1: I say, by three totals. So yeah, Christmas cards are dead.
Speaker 2: We think it's the end of a Christmas tradition. So so if you want to keep it alive, send a card and have a happy holiday guys, and we'll see you on Fox Sports Radio celebrating forty years.
Speaker 1: Say it. I'll see you next year, see you next year. I'll read it there to you baby, see you in the over Promised Land.