Speaker 1: Hi, go on, Pamela Pumpkin and you're about to do Pamela Pumpkins Halloween workout. This is allan, all right, him on, Shake off the skittles, Shake off the races, shake off the candy cords.
Speaker 2: Now riding the witches Broom right, the witches broom right, the witches broom right, the Witch's broom.
Speaker 3: Squash, Satan kick him in the crotch, swash, Satan, kick him in the crotch.
Speaker 1: Swash Satan kick him in the crotch. Kick that Satan in the crotch. Doom is to the laught, Doom is to the left, to the ride.
Speaker 4: Break it down.
Speaker 5: I'm a scarecrow doing the robot.
Speaker 4: Break it down.
Speaker 6: I'm a scarecrow doing the roadbot.
Speaker 1: Good morning, sweet and welcome to the Not Dungs podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Monday, October thirty first, twenty twenty two. Happy Halloween. J E. Skeves here in the Classic Factory and alongside me as always, task.
Speaker 5: Mellis Yes, Happy Halloween, everyone.
Speaker 1: Happy Halloween. To ask next to him, it's a meatman tray, Hey, hey, TK in Halloween costume and over yonder making the magic happen. Super producer JD. Hello, there he is here. We are Meatman or Muscleman. Which one do you prefer?
Speaker 7: Meatball actually? But for today's show, Eric Musselman please.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say meat Man was my favorite Mega Man two character. Always love to use it him in that game. Shout out to the stream team for joining us live right now on YouTube. And if you're listening, yeah, scream team, that's good, very good for Halloween. If you're listening to the podcast, you may want to come check out today's show on YouTube to see what Trey Kirby addressed as. Please subscribe, like comment, share that show. Get your No Dunks merch over at No dunks dot com. Send in your questions in comment. It's always to No Dunks at the Athletic dot Com. Hit us up on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok at No Dunk sink, and if you haven't already grab yourself an Athletic subscription, go to the Athletic dot com slash No Dunks so they know that we sent you no Halloween costume for yourself. There, Tassy, I thought you might have one as well, because you guys got the kids. You're going out like this trip. Absolutely, I don't like looking at it.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I see. My kids are gonna be pretty upset tonight. They think it's funny around the house, but I don't know about when we're around other six to eight year old I sent this to Laura as a joke. I was like, look at this hilarious thing I found. She was gonna order herself bones and me muscles. What a cute coup didn't have her size and bones. So I'm just walking around like bacon out there today. I'm gonna go vote early today wearing this. That's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: And what about you? What do you got anything in the story?
Speaker 5: Oh? I got out of it this year hash hashtag blessed. I feel so great and not having to do it. I've done it for several years in a row, and uh, this year the kids were so into their costumes they didn't care about us. So it's great. We've already done a Halloween trick or treat thing in our neighborhood. Halloween is over for us. God, it feels so good. It's in the past. Man, it feels great.
Speaker 1: It's one of those Halloween weekends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Halloween months. I've been at home depot looking at Halloween decorations for the last six weeks. We go every week one of my kids. People want to look at the inflatables and we end up buying some piece of crap.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 5: I love my decorations. One of the best houses in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: People love it. Yeah, well, well, what's the what's the main feature on your lawne Chucky?
Speaker 5: Chucky always went.
Speaker 1: Screepy. We got lots to get to here. On today's podcast, we got winners and losers of the NBA weekend. But we start with another Weggie Friday Night and guess where it happened. Yeah, in Portland, our guy Lamar Hurd once again on the call, jose Simon Tea.
Speaker 5: The way bounces ahead, the nurkids repples.
Speaker 1: Into the land and.
Speaker 5: Well wedged on the glass.
Speaker 2: We have a Weddy.
Speaker 5: You had to wait until the officially calls.
Speaker 1: It's got to be officer and we have a kissal word from Command Centered.
Speaker 2: We have a web command center, Shane Goom chasing it down, registering another one of Weggie tracker dot com.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there it is, Yes, Radar.
Speaker 1: Our fourth Weggie of the season. Are back to back defensive Weggie from blocksh Eklund there on Nurk and Collaboro and Hurd having some fun on the broadcast. You'll love to see it. So not bad for start the season.
Speaker 5: How many have the Blazers had over the last year plus.
Speaker 1: Well, you can go check on you tracker dot com. That's right, and it's by far the most. Yeah, it's amazing. Winners of the NBA weekend Meetman Muscleman TK on zipping oh business.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when you get us started, I thought I'd have a lot more visibility.
Speaker 1: It has eyes on it. You can't see through it at all.
Speaker 7: But it was a monster mash weekend for the Cleveland Cavaliers and Donovan Mitchell. They beat the Celtics in ot in Boston on Friday, a huge win. Forty one points from Mitchell, forty one from Karris Lavert and it felt like forty one highlights from Donovan.
Speaker 1: Mitchell in this one.
Speaker 7: He followed that up by beating the Knicks at home on Sunday, thirty eight points, twelve assists, eight threes for Donovan Mitchell, a single point for Karris Lavert.
Speaker 1: I do like that.
Speaker 7: Forty one and thirty eight for Mitchell, forty one and one for Lavert buck Ys, eight threes from Kevin Love as well, and another six threes from Dean Wade. Twenty two threes between Mitchell, Love and Wade. That'll get the job done. The Calves now are five and one after two weeks, sixth in offense, second in defense. It's them, the Suns and the Blazers who are in the top ten on both sides of the ball right now. If you do that for a whole season, you're a championship contender. We shall see as time goes on. They've got an MVP candidate, no doubt right now and Donovan Mitchell thirty to a game, five rebounds, seven assists. He's at fifty percent from the field forty five from three to eighty five at the line. He's the first guy since Wilt Chamberlain to go for thirty plus points in five out of six of games with his new team. That's the most Chilly.
Speaker 1: Piper, God, you hate those type of stats? What are you doing? I hate those type of stats and less the name is.
Speaker 7: Wilt Chamberlain on there, because I mean Will Chamberlain puts up the most ridiculous stats in NBA history, So if you get on a board with him and you're the only guy on a board, I'll give you credit for that. And oh yeah, let's not forget that the Cavs will eventually get Darius Garland back at some point. They've basically been doing this the whole season, missing their all star guard from last year.
Speaker 1: So you said maybe the.
Speaker 7: Pelicans or last season's Grizzlies, it also could be the Cavs. They were kind of last season's Grizzlies as well, but they're even more last season's Grizzlies.
Speaker 1: It's still early days, but I.
Speaker 7: Kind of underrated how quickly they would be able to click and figure things out together.
Speaker 1: They look awesome right now.
Speaker 5: It is wild how quickly they've just integrated a superstar into their lineup. And Donovan Mitchell is a superstar right now. We throw that word around, but man, he has just rebounded like no one really expected from his Utah days to go back to that guy in the playoffs that looked like he could carry your team. And so much kudos to that caz organization for allowing a guy to come into us a good situation even though they weren't a playoff team last year they won forty four games. To just be a superstar. How many organizations and cultures could do that. I don't think there's many at all. They've added a superstar to an incredible culture. I think we forget. As you said, Darius Garland, he could be the most sort of peeved about that, the most salty about the emergence of another are just sort of taking over. He's not there, obviously, but an incredible just guy, a locker room presence. The way he is attacking the rim every single time he gets into the lane, it's violent. He is a new player in comparison to last year with the Utah Jazz. That Cave Celtics game was just crazy watching it live. The Celtics definitely missed Robert Williams in that instance to be able to deal with a relentless guy in Donna Mitchell. He looks like a new player attacking the rim. Absolutely chef's kiss that Kris Slivert went from forty plus in one game to one point the other game, because that's Karslivert. Unfortunately, he's great one game and sometimes he doesn't show up. But the fact that the Cavs have had a superstar to their mix when they have two other All Stars plus a future All Star and Evan Mobley, that is it's amazing. They paid a lot for Donovan Mitchell. They paid so much in the offseason and they are getting every pennies worth.
Speaker 1: Yeah right now, Yeah, We're going to see the result the score from the Knicks game on Sunday with the Calves, and you're gonna think it was an absolute blowout, one twenty one to one away. It was the final score, but it was so far from that. The Knicks were up, you know, halfway through the fourth quarter, if I remember correctly, it was a tight game. It was really entertaining game. I know Fred Katz on the boulevard was tweeting left and right about it. I was enjoying it. You know, Brunson was hitting big shots, they were sticking around, and then just this explosion from Mitchell and Love. I think they combined for like a twenty zero run where they just could not miss threes, Dean Wade hitting a ton, like Trey said, and it got us to this end result. But you know, the Knicks put up a fight for like a good forty two minutes. If you want to call it that and it was just an onslaught from the calves at the end, which was pretty special.
Speaker 5: It was a cavalanche, Yeah, that's the word. Yea worldwide threw out there. So that they did that a lot last year where the fourth quarters in that arena in Cleveland just kind of came down on the other team and the good vibes were were wild last year. You know, smiles left and right, guys in the starting lineup, guys in the bench. Is Kevin Love coming off the bench. And that's carried over into this season. And so they knew what kind of locker room they had when they traded for Donovan mitchell It was only a couple months ago. The entire basketball world was pretty down on Donovan Mitchells as a player, as a leader, and you put him into this situation and man, there's not many more players that I love watching go into the lane like that. I mean, because he's a smaller guy. He's been in the dunk contest before he won that thing. It wasn't it's not that memorable of a dunk contest, but yeah, it's violent the way he's going at the rim. It's fun, man, It is fun just watching him and he takes over, so him and Garland are gonna have to figure it out a little bit. But Garland is I think, pretty comfortable in allowing Donovan Mitchell to be that number one guy. So fifty wins on deck for this team. I don't think there's any doubt.
Speaker 1: Do you think? And I heard them arguing or debating this on the Athletic NBA Show podcasts. Are they contender?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Is this a legit team that could challenge for at least a run to the NBA Finals? Are you putting them there with the Bucks and a team like the Celtics that they you know, just beat sweak out a win or is that is that maybe one one step too far this early in the season. What do you think?
Speaker 7: I would think more so next season than this season. It would have to be good matchups in the playoffs for the Calves, but I could see them making a run to the conference finals, similar to a Hawks team.
Speaker 1: Or to like the Mavericks last year.
Speaker 7: I think they're going to have a tough time when they're running up against big wings in a seven game series, but during eighty two games during the regular season, they could easily win fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, They've got great little components to deal with Giannis in their front line, so that that bodes well for going into the finals with Jared Allen and Evan Mobile if they can, if they can overcome that, I think Evan Mobley on the offensive end, his growth is going to be key to this because you know Jared Allen, they can't just throw the ball to, but they can throw the ball to Mitchell Garland. And if there's one more guy, I think if Evan Mobley can be that guy. And I said it last Friday, I said to watch out these next few months. They are giving him the ball and just allowing him to go one on one because he's that freaking talented. So his growth I think takes them from conference finalists, which they could achieve, to NBA finalist. I think I think it's sort of on him. But they bet on this future for like, as you said, they could do it next year. They've bet on this future for five years coming. They are so freaking young. This is great. This is this is a really really fun team that people should get behind.
Speaker 1: All Right, Cavaliers. Big winner of the weekend tasks who do you have next?
Speaker 5: Well, just to piggyback on that. I think anyone who sells dunk posters or still yeah they make them. Yeah, there's purveyors of dunk posters. What are kids going to have on their walls? Just NFTs? I mean you need, you still need, you still need posters.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're selling posters, you're selling n FTS. You're selling desktop backgrounds for your computer. This was a good weekend. There were great dunks out there. Let's go, let's go. Let's start with Donovan Mitchell just to piggyback there, because he had a monster on Luke Cornette of the Celtics on Friday night. This is a foot difference between these two humans, and he was able to just go over Luke Cornett. I think we have a different angle JD. If you're watching on YouTube, this one's more poster like with Evan Mobley in the background as he's on the rise. Like, I think this one is better because Luke Cornett is over the rim and Donovan Mitchell is gonna get up over Luke Cornett. You know, Donovan Mitchell does have a little bit more hang time than just Au Cornett.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's like a classic Donovan Mitchell dunk post too. His legs do that. Oh yeah, it looks like he's running upstairs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is hanging in the air. Is this is a fun time if you're watching Cavs games. But in that same game, another great poster from the other side, Jalen Brown on Donovan Mitchell. This one was violent and he added the cat gonna get this framed because he is, uh, he is. That one was wild. He had Kevin Love in the background there. And then Donovan Mitchell posted this photo on Instagram. It's Jalen Brown kind of peering over a wall with the caption, bro won't leave me alone because I think this is from the past. They appear to be friends, Donovid Mitchell and Jalen Brown. But yeah, Jalen Brown just absolutely gave it to Yeah. It was. It was an incredible as a two on one fast breakdown that they executed absolutely perfectly. And at least Donvin Mitchell went to go block that thing, but Jalen Brown just gave it to him. So posters. I was just thinking, my posters are coming back and now in that one game, uh, and then we had on Yaka and kong Wu who I grabbed this still it's not a it's not a beautiful still. You know, if you if you're, if you're if you're gonna you're right, there's gonna be some way. Yeah, one of the photoshop boys or Jerome is gonna have to get on this to to create you know. I just photoshop the ball in there. It's just a little blurry, but anyways, it looks like Aka is riding Janistkumpo. He had to put back dunk over his Nigerian brother there. So that was a very cool moment. I thought watching that live Andka has got he's got some big dunks in his short NBA career. I could have thrown in a shade and sharp his first career, first career start that got future. Yeah, buying it, buying it. First career start for the Blazers. Had three big dunks on Friday nights. So it's a good time for high flyers in the league, nifters, n f tears, as some called poster sellers. Whoever it was, it was a really good weekend for high flyers for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean Mitchell had won in the Knicks game too. I mean the dunk itself wasn't on anybody, and he actually just got it over the rim, but it was the way he set it up with the spin in the lane and then throwing it down.
Speaker 5: It was huge.
Speaker 1: It was huge, all right. My winner of the weekend. I gotta go with Tyrese, Maxi and the seventy six ers in general. Trey frank nine hundred twelve five to two OHO tweeted this in Frank did Yeah, Sixers got to be a winner of the weekend. They successfully completed the no dunks back to back Friday win versus the Raptors, Saturday win versus the Bulls. Frank numbers, Frankie numbers, you got us. You're right. They took care of the no dunks teams. Sixers did and they needed this as they started slowly this season. But Maxi on Friday night versus the Raps pretty special. No one beat in the lineup was out with the sore knee. Harden didn't do a whole lot, and it didn't matter. Sixers took care of business because Maxie couldn't miss. He had twenty seven points in the first half. He was a perfect ten for ten, ten for ten, knocking down all seven of his threes there in the first half, and then it sort of continued in the second half. Reps were hanging around, hanging around, and then when they're trying to make that last push, he said no, no, no, not tonight. He scored ten points Maxi did in like a minute to put the game out of reach. So added all up forty four points on fifteen to twenty shooting nine to three pointers, made eight boards, four assists, a steal. He was a plus twenty nine in this game. And for all those people I know, some of you here at the table that were picking Maxi as a potential am IP or even a first time All Star, you're looking like a strong selection there in the preseason because this guy's unbelievable and he owns the Raptors. Fred van Vliet is honestly one of the better defenders at the point guard position in this league. It doesn't matter Maxi destroys him every time they play, to the point where you know you got guys like Will Lou with the Raptors show saying nurse, try something else, like he can't stop them. Put somebody long. Garun On may throw something different at him, because Maxi just gets whatever he wants against this team. But that was big any thoughts there on the Friday Night victory or MAXI starting the season that he.
Speaker 5: Has well, yeah, I didn't pick him as most improved like Trey did. I was already heavy on the Sixers number one seed Joel and beat MVP, so I slowed down with my MIP call. But how good could this guy be when he is given the I just worry for the Philadelphia to have any six Ers because the similar question was brought up with Ben Simmons a couple of years ago when Joel Embiid was out of the lineup. Ben Simmons had a forty plus point game and he was allowed to just go into the lane and do what he wants. And they haven't been able to get the most out of Tyrese Maxey because of the way they play. They play one of the slowest paces in years in the NBA. And I just wonder if Tyres Maxy gets that lane and he's able to do what he wants and able to handle the ball a little bit more and Harden gives him a little bit more control, how good he could be. They just haven't found the balance quite yet, because this guy has some great some great peaks, but he also has some valleys because he's just not part of the game. Yes, it doesn't feel like so they're not.
Speaker 1: I think he's done an incredible job of he's been trying to find his role with this team that has him beat and then even harder now twenty three per game on fifty percent shooting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'm with you, they're not even using him to the Maxi that they could be. He's incredible, and they need his speed because of how slowly they play. So there are definitely some balance issues I think with the Sixers with Embiid is the number one guy you would think, but Harden is back to almost Houston sort of Harden, so he wants more of the possessions. And max he's getting better and better every single year, so he wants more possessions. It'll take a little bit of time to figure it out. Not totally confident Doc Rivers is the guy to map out the layout of the court, but I've been encouraged with Maxi's start, even if he hasn't totally caught the league by fire.
Speaker 1: Outside of this Raptors game. Yeah, And then after the Raptors game on Friday night, they go to Chicago take on your bulls. And for the twelfth consecutive time, it caught me by surprise. The Sixers beat the Bulls. Embiid. He came back and had twenty five and hit a big big three that he was open on late. That was the one to push them over the edge. And Sixers improved the three and four. And if you have any thoughts on the Bulls game there, Embiid has never lost to the Bulls so ever. I was not surprised to see that. But you know, Joannis had never lost to the balls until the playoffs last year. So save it for April.
Speaker 5: There you go, ye, and I'm glad. We we'll skim over that. We'll skim over Fred van Vliet also, he was oer for eleven in that game against Tyrese Maxie. That was an odd one.
Speaker 1: I thought we were gonna get the van Validat suffering from injury X after that game.
Speaker 5: We didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't. He just got his ass handed to him. Had a really off night there, Trey. Let's keep it going. Hold of the round we got for winning the weekend.
Speaker 7: A couple of nice wins for the San Antonio Spurs this weekend. Let's just say here, they beat the Chicago Bulls on Friday. Unfortunately a fun fourth quarter in this game. The Bulls right now just can't win on the weekends, that's the problem. They beat Chicago one hundred and twenty nine to one hundred and twenty four. Keep that number in your brain. Spurs also held on to beat the Timberwolves on Sunday night one hundred to seven to ninety eight, the first time this season that Minnesota has been under one hundred points. I do think, however, that the Timberwolves win is the outlier for San Antonio here because they've been winning with offense and pace tenth in the league right now. In offense, the Spurs are they're playing at the third fastest pace in the league, and they're shooting a ton of threes sixth in makes in the early days of the season. Right now, Kelton Johnson has really been the man for this team. He was great all weekend. Thirty three against the Bulls. He had threes twenty five against the Timberwolves, another five threes twenty four per game on forty five from the field, forty three from three. He looks skinnier like they called him big body. Keldon Johnson for the past couple of seasons. He had a twenty rebound game, but they said he lost twenty pounds coming into this season. His face looks way different. He looks quicker, but he's still a really strong guy. Kind of flings the ball when he shoots it. You know, he's got a little bit of a catapult release. But it's money right now. So great weekend for the Spurs on the court, considering they had a bunch of off court drama with Josh Primo being released for being a creep.
Speaker 1: Yeah I mean, and they acted quickly by all accounts of Spurs did. Primo was a tolth pick for those who don't know last year's draft twenty twenty one. He's nineteen years old, and Spurs waived him surprisingly on Friday. Cut everybody buy surprise was like what. ESPN sighting sources reported that Primo after had multiple alleged instances of him exposing himself to women. San Antonio Express News also confirm that Primo had a statement soon after that saying he's, you know, seek help to deal with previous trauma that he suffered and this so Spurs moving very quickly here tasks and rightfully so if you know these are these multiple legends are true, and I would assume they sort of are here.
Speaker 5: Yes, we hadn't heard a thing about them prior to Josh Primo being released and yeah, just entering his second season, it seemed obviously very odd. Took everyone by Spries. They just gave him his player option as well, exercised that player option for his fourth year, and have moved on very quickly. So hopefully Josh Primo, as the Spurs said in their release, gets the help that he needs and corrects his life real quick. That was unbelievable, I thought. In a different way. What was also unbelievable that Wolves and Spurs playing three times in a week like they had it back to back, and now they're playing again on Sunday and the Spurs beat them two out of three times in the same way where they just weren't all that intense defensively, And we talked about it last week and the same thing just happened again on Sunday and Karl Anthony Town's after the game saying, yeah, we just weren't weren't strong, weren't energetic, didn't have the defensive intensity. Chris Finch saying it was sort of us are on the ball defense, which you know, well, people, if you want a quick solution or a quick reason why that's happened, Patrick Beverly is gone, and maybe they don't have that defense intensity on the perimeter anymore. They don't have the intensity throughout the lineup, even though people thought Rudy Gobert would correct that. So, yeah, they're a team that's fine overall in terms of the record, but when you watch them, it isn't fun to watch. And it was interesting to see at the end of the game Greg Popovich go up to Karl Anthony Towns and have a pretty long pow wow. He got into Karl Anthony Town's ear, and you know, when Greg speaks, I'm sure Karl Anthony Towns listens. Carlington Towns thought he was going for quick handshake and out, but Greg pulled the man, let me listen, Son, your you have the ability, you have all the God given tools and whatever whatever else is. I shouldn't correct that. I shouldn't correct that. I sound like an analyst. I sound like Mark Jackson saying, and he said when he went up for his three point shot, you know like I'm putting the words in Pop's mouth, but I assume it was, hey, Carl, let's get this together. You are you have it all? So yeah, the Wolves start has been even though the record again is.
Speaker 1: They beat the Lakers luckily on what was that Friday night?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they squeezed one out and yeah that didn't look all that good either, But Anthony Davis wasn't in that game, So we won't harp on the Wolves too much. We did it last week, but not a great start for them.
Speaker 1: Who else you got then for a winner of the weekend.
Speaker 4: Let's go another game.
Speaker 5: Another small market team here with the Oklahoma City Thunder that people weren't expecting a lot of this season, sort of like the San Antonio Spurs. They're three and three, baby, they have won three straight and they are not a pushover. Anytime you see them on the basketball floor, they're gonna defend. They have the sixth best defense, and that comeback that they had this weekend against the Mavericks Saturday, it was all about defense. This is a pretty unique team because they can't shoot, but they're still winning. This is a stat here because their defense is getting it done. I like this stat. Last season there were seventy two games where a team shot twenty percent or worse from three, those teams were eight and sixty four in those games. Can't shoot the three. Everybody's talking about the math these days. You lose games eight and sixty four. Okay, So here's two to zero in games like that so far this season.
Speaker 1: Just bad shooting where they shots and.
Speaker 5: They won because they can defend all baby cakes. Thank you on Twitter for that stat. But the final four to fourteen minutes of the final four to fourteen of the fourth against the Mavericks on Saturday, the MAVs were up sixteen four to fourteen left and the MAVs only scored two points the rest of the way. In the fourth quarter, lou Dort was guarding Luka Doncic down the stretch and then Luca was asked postgame, how about that, lou Dort, huh, and he said, well, he is one of the top three defenders in the game. Wow podcast, Yeah, very very good for Yeah, maybe it's Straymond Green who has a podcast that is the other one of the other top three. Luca did not elaborate, he wasn't asked, I don't think. But a great compliment for Ludor who was guarding Luca. Also, you know one of the great defenders on ok SEE their best player Shay Gills, is Alexander Skeets. He might not be waiting too long for that All Star.
Speaker 1: If they stay five hundred, you can lock him in as an All Star. My god, it's just gonna be the record because he's on fire right now.
Speaker 5: This guy is fun. In that game, he was thirty eight points, six s, boards, nine and sis, two steals, one block, eight for eight from the line. He hasn't missed a free throw this season, and he only took two threes. He's Andre Miller like he's a little old school. He knows that he can't shoot the three all that well, and he's so squamy he can get wherever he wants.
Speaker 4: He can.
Speaker 5: So he's averaging thirty one on the season, fifty and thirty seven in terms of his percentages, seven assists, two point four steals, and one point two blocks one point two blocks with this guy per game. So he scored twenty four between twenty four and thirty eight in each of his five games. Are those are fun sort of top end guys on this team, But Sam Presty has built it up pretty well, I mean, they didn't have Josh Giddey on Saturday. Didn't matter. Isaiah Joe came in at last four thirty and yeah, where did you come from? He came from Philly. But he hasn't he hasn't played a lot in this league. He hadn't played the entire game. Four thirty left in the fourth quarter, Hey, Isaiah, get in there. He scored seven in the last few minutes of regulation, then eight in overtime for his fifteen points. Jalen Williams came back. He hadn't played since the first game of the season. He was injured, broke that orbital bone. He's playing with a mask. Looks weird. He hates it, but he was key in the fourth. He had thirteen overall. So this over under win total projected at twenty three and a half for this team. Overs looking good right now. The Spurs, I guess too, Yeah, no doubt. Yeah, Like, what is going on with these three teams?
Speaker 1: Even the Hornets, I mean are like a lot of us thought myself for sure, thought they might be the worst team in the league. And they're they're scrappy pulling out some wins here. Yeah, so incredible start. By from Shay here though, and the Thunder and Spurs. I'm glad we're showing some love to these small market teams that we get talked about.
Speaker 5: We'll get to the mass falling apart there a little bit at the end. But at the same time, Okay, see's tough to play against.
Speaker 1: The are some mini winners. I'm gonna throw them at you, guys. The Bucks have to be continue to be a winner of the weekend because they're still ndefeated. They're the only undefeated team in the league. And the Hawks put up a fight against them on Saturday night, and the night before they took care of the Knicks. So they just keep winning. They look like the best team in the league. You know, they don't even have like their full squad here and they're taking care of business. So the Bucks a winner of the weekend. Got to show some love to all the teams that got their first w this weekend. We're talking about the Orlando Magic, We're talking about the Sacramento Kings, yeah, and the Los Angeles Lakers. Tasks. They all get their first win, and a big part of that last two games actually with the Lakers, Russell Westbrook, you've been calling for it coming off the bench. And yesterday there on Sunday, eighteen points eight boards, eight assists, uh, and they were pumped and they gave Darvin Ham. They poured water on Darvin Ham, sort of like a sloppy steak. When you think about it, Dangerous Night's crew called the Lakers.
Speaker 7: I love like that tight white shirt with the yeah.
Speaker 1: On the happy cho yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: That would have been great. They could have turned around and gone out in l a Halloween.
Speaker 1: A suiot chicken lee. The Lakers used to be a piece of ships. Could change, that's the motto. So anyway, they all got their first victory. There anything about the Westbrook part of it all, because you have been saying this for a while.
Speaker 5: Doesn't he look so much happy?
Speaker 1: What's happy?
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 1: I mean he could just play.
Speaker 5: Like himself a little bit more in his hands when he comes off the bench. So I think it just makes sense. And he had his most efficient night of the season hanging out in the corners after touching the ball. I think, just just getting comfortable with the ball. Then he goes to the corner, and then that three point percentage I think will go up just because you know he's just in the game war you see, it happens in every NBA game. A player gets a little bit more confidence, see the balls goes through, just is a little more bit more comfortable. And yeah, they look like an entirely different squad. After one w they are one in five.
Speaker 1: Yeah the recorded it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah they needed it. But I don't know the fact that they've been playing hard defensively, like this team is still altogether. We'll get to another one in five team, you know, after a quick break, we get to the losers of the weekend, where it looks entirely different the way they play basketball. I know the Lakers don't have lasers and don't have shooting and don't have anyone, you know, really to compliment what Anthony Davis and Lebron James are. But at least they're playing hard. Iran has them playing hard in the fact that they're you know, splashing him at the after the game they're in the locker room. That's best one in five team in NBA history.
Speaker 1: What a take?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I think that's true.
Speaker 1: They got a thirteen three. That's just gonnay, that's the big thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they've been good defensively, they're playing hard defensively. They can score inside with Lebron and Ad it's just a matter of are they going to make shots from the outside. Thirteen for thirty forty three percent. That's like a week of basketball games for the Lakers usually, So shout out to them taking it down the best one in five team in the NBA. I would love to see some stats on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, a couple of the winners here. DeRozan Demarto Rosen twenty thousand points. Yes, he joined that club. Fiftieth player in NBA history to join the twenty k points club. He did it on Friday night against the Spurs, and immediately after he hit a jumper. Great that he did on a jumper, Pop called for a time out so they could celebrate it, you know, the Spurs public address announcer and form the crew out the game of standing ovation. Really nice moment. That was very very classy there from Pop quick trivia question for you guys and everybody joining us live. I was gonna say tomorrow is the seventh active player to hit the mark of twenty k can He named the other six guys in the league, Lebron and kd correct correct, Steph Curry correct, James Harden correct. Two more.
Speaker 5: LaMarcus Soldiers is an active mellow.
Speaker 1: Calling him active Chris Paul yep. One more. You literally just talked about him. Wait, Anthony Davis, No, no, task was just talking about him.
Speaker 5: Russell Wes.
Speaker 1: Noe there you go. So yes, tomort Rosen joins Lebron, Katie Harden, Wes what I call him, Wes Wes Wesbrook. I was gonna say Russ and then I was gonna say Westbrook, and I just decided to go with Wes, Uh Curry and Chris Paul. There that is.
Speaker 5: I wonder if whether I don't want to go there, but we gotta go there. The Hall of Fame conversation about Themarga Rozze, Well he joined the even more exclusive club. About of twenty thousand point scores who aren't in the hall, you're Tom Chambers, you're Antoine Jamison.
Speaker 1: Got to save that man. We got to say that.
Speaker 5: There's just a few of those. There's just a few of those great.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've talked about it, like, is the bar just gonna it's gonna go higher, It's going to have to go higher. I'm gonna have to final piece of news here and a winner for Boyon. Bogdanovitch signed a two year, thirty nine point one million dollar extension with the Pistons. UH. For those that don't know, he arrived from the Jazz in the preseason by way of a trade. He was entering the final year of his contract here earning a nineteen point five million and he's off to an incredible start for Detroit and they're winning some games. He's averaged twenty three points. Bogdanovic has on fifty two point six percent shooting from the floor and fifty one percent from deep on over seven attempts per game. He's trying to lets it fly and and the Pistons decide to give him the extension here first, were you shocked at all by this because we had talked about, like this might just be a slick move from Detroit to like have a potential guy that they can move at the deadline and get more back than what they gave up to get him, like maybe a pick or something like that.
Speaker 5: But seemed like an asset play when they got him from Utah.
Speaker 1: But it could still be. It could still Yeah, I think the second year James Edward, the third for the athletic side is partially guaranteed.
Speaker 5: It seems like they're they're trying to win next year or the year after. Yeah. Yeah, and he fits the bill. He's a winning player. I know, he's kind of I don't know if the word is overlooked, I guess in the NBA, but he's a he's a great third, complimentary player. If you know, Caid can take it to the next level. He's he's had an incredible career. He's had to guard Lebron when he was with the Pacers. He's a guy who was drafted at the beginning of the second round and then has after starting or after staying in Europe for a few years. His played like it was going to be over a decade here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He didn't come to the league until he was like twenty five.
Speaker 5: Yeahs old. Yeah, and then so this will pay him, you know if that last year is guaranteed through the age of thirty six. The guy is just a baller. He'll take on the defensive assignments. He's he's a tough dude, and he'll score over twenty a game, yeah, efficiently.
Speaker 1: So that's a twenty million dollar player in So are they.
Speaker 5: Trying are they trying to win? Are they playing the long game? I guess they think that kid can take that next step and he can be there for them. I guess they could trade him at any time too, because that's a tradable.
Speaker 1: Tradable contract.
Speaker 7: It's a fine contract for like you're saying, a third option that can start for probably most teams if they don't have a lockdown like this is our number three guy. So yeah, this is a This is good stuff, and Kaid's turned it on a little bit. He had a really nice weekend after starting slow the first week of the season. And I certainly think that this could be traded down the line if they wanted next season. Maybe even makes it easier saying, hey, look you got him for another two years after this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, the Pistons were set to have a ton of cap space this offseason, and even with this extension, I think they have tons of financial flexible and wiggle room to add more free agents or to make trades. And they probably honestly were looking at like the free agent class coming up to and we're not wowed by it, especially when you consider all of the rookie extensions that we saw in Barrettpool Hero Hunter. I mean they're you know, they're off the market now and they're thinking, I don't think we're gonna do better than this, so we'll just lock him up at the price he basically is at now. And he's delivering for them too. I mean, that's the thing. It's an incredible start from the season. So there you go, Agdanovich, Winter of the Weekend getting paid a little bit more. We're gonna take our first break when we come back. Losers of the Weekend don't go anywhere, all right, back in the Classic Factory. A lot of you joining us live here on YouTube this morning. We love to see it, but we need to see some more likes. The numbers don't make sense, doesn't add up. Tell me there's a thousand people watching, there's like one hundred and fifty likes. Come on, let's go hit the like button and let's hear all of your answers with winners of the weekend and losers of the Weekend, which we now go to and task. My man, oh boy, here we go. Get us started with your big loser of the NBA Weekend.
Speaker 5: I got this, Brooklyn nets one let's do this one. To me, it started on the basketball floor. I was watching that game against the Indiana Pacers on Saturday, and it felt like rock bottom for this one in five team. I don't know what rock bottom is for this Brooklyn Nets team. I don't We may have not gotten there yet. But the way that Kevin Durant was hanging his head was just emotionally drained. It felt like coming off the bench, this dude is just scoring thirty plus per game and they just keep on losing. He is, Yeah, it's it's entirely my size here, my noise is here. It just it is exactly what's going on with the Brooklyn Nets, Like, what is going on there? They must be extremely frustrated. I don't want to play body language doctor, but I got to. I got to with Kevin Durant. He just looks like he's not into it.
Speaker 1: Going through the motions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he's scoring points, yeah yeah, yeah, But I think you've got to be frustrated, you know, comparing it to the Brooklyn or the Los Angeles Lakers situation. You've got two guys at the top of this roster, and Kyrie and Kevin Durant, who are scoring thirty plus per game. They're averaging thirty plus per game. What more can those guys do offensively? But their third guy who gets paid a lot, and Ben Simmons is just not adding enough to this team. And then their effort guys aren't efforting enough, and their defense just absolutely stinks. They got obliterated in the effort department against an Indiana Pacers team. This Brooklyn Nets team was had lost three in a row going into this game, so you'd think the Pacers coming in, we're going to get a win. This Pacers team is not expected to do much this year, but they were out rebounded by nineteen by the Indiana Pacers. So you think Miles Turner probably had twenty boards. Now he wasn't even playing. They just they just were getting killed by a bunch of guys on this roster, up and down this roster that were trying harder than them. Thirteen more offensive rebound and look, I think the frustration what the hell are we doing here? Partly is we're hitting half of our shots. They hit fifty of their shots in this game, but still got trampled because they allowed a lot of open looks to the Pacers. They hit half their threes and allowed so many rebounds. So their number three guy isn't helping out enough. They're tiny, and you know, beyond their top two guys, they're not getting enough on this roster. And then we go postgame, after this horrific, horrific game, they had a player's only meeting after this game, the first players only meeting I think of the season if we look around the NBA, I think so after getting trampled by this Pacers team, and they're getting a rematch tonight, so we'll see how they respond in these two game baseball sets. The same thing happening tonight Indiana in Brooklyn. But also postgame, Kyrie Irving's media session was pretty eventful, so if you don't know backstory, Kyrie Irving tweeted his followers informing them about a movie, a movie which shut demonizes the Jewish people. It's the classic tropes about an entire race of people, conspiracy theory garbage, unfortunately, and Kyrie defended it postgame. He said, when asked about it, did I do anything illegal? Did I hurt anybody? Did I harm anybody? And as an influencer, as a person with such a big platform, the answer is absolutely yes. Even though he wants to take little pieces and parts of the movie that he tweeted about, there is a larger message in this movie and there's tons of little bits of information which are disgusting and contribute to a lot of the anti Semitic attacks that are happening in the US. They're at an all time high in twenty twenty one. It's been happening year after year after year, especially on the heels of what happened with Kanye West recently. I mean it's happening everywhere. People are jumping on the Kanye West band wagon, and those messages matter from these people, regardless if Kyrie, you know, is good intention well intentioned or not. It's it's extremely sad. It shouldn't be happening. And you know the NBA and the NETS owner Joe Syrelea's statements condemning it. Although you had Kanye West endorsing Kyrie Irving backing him, he put up up a photo of Kyrie Irving on his Instagram account saying, Oh, he's a real one. I mean he's a real one in terms of not knowing what the heck he's doing out there, that this is This is damaging, it's dangerous, and people are going to be attacked because they start to believe the crap that they are are given from stars. And Kyrie since deleted the tweet and there's that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's it's pretty sure double down in this yeah, press conference, whatever you want to call it. That game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, again, he was doubling down on the parts that he believes are whatever. You know, that stuff absolutely just it doesn't matter. It's part of a bigger message from this movie, in this book, which are you know, there's so much anti semitism in it if you read about it and try and understand it. And he's got too big a platform to just be thinking that he can just you know, tweet one little thing and nothing else matters. So it's unfortunate. It's very, very unfortunate.
Speaker 7: I think it's just dangerous and super dishonest the way he's going about it. Maybe somebody hasn't been hurt specifically after a Kyrie Irving tweet, but people can and will be hurt being exposed to the things that he's linking to. I also think it's so dishonest where he's like, I'm such a big influence in my community, and then in the same answer he says, I have no influence in my community.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 7: He wants a reaction, and then when there's a reaction, he doesn't want to have a dialogue about it.
Speaker 1: You're exactly right.
Speaker 7: He's become the NBA's Kanye West, and you're kind of going down the wrong path when that's the guy agreeing with you. So very disappointing from Kyrie. But it's been about four years of being disappointed and Kyrie and the way he has been trying to lead or whatever you want to call it, since he's got to the Nets.
Speaker 1: Do you think the Nets or the League will do anything else besides statements? And let's be honest, the NBA said nothing in their statement, very toothless. I guess Josiah and the Nets said a little bit more in naming you know him. Will there be more consequences to pushing very dangerous and false ideas?
Speaker 5: That's highly unlikely. I don't think so. I mean, it's on the heels of a few months ago tweeting about secret societies in America, which you know, obviously being perpetuated, is being amplified in the US and on social media accounts. I mean it started as you know, sort of humorous, innocuous stuff way back when we flat earthed it. You know, that was some that was sort of the beginning of it. And then yeah, these these little bits come out and now it's getting far more dangerous. So should something be done. Apparently he's gonna meet with Josie and talk about it.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 5: No, it is it's unfortunate. I mean it rings sort of like what happened with Stephen Jackson last year. Because I say that because it's it's sort of The unfortunate part is Kyrie does speak up for Native American issues, and sort Steven Jackson was speaking up for the Black Lives Matter movement at the same time, and then all of a sudden come these anti semitic tropes that literally get people killed. I mean, it was happening this weekend. There was a message message projected on the Florida Gators Georgia Bulldog's game on the outside of the arena that Kanye West was right about the Jews. I mean, it's being amplified and perpetuated and this stuff just has to be squashed. And that's why these attacks were that the highest and twenty twenty one because of stuff like this. So it is on him. It's he just has to understand that, as he said, he has to understand his platform and he can't just can't just pick and choose and say message was good. I was doing something.
Speaker 1: I like this, Yeah, that's the thing. Okay, you're gonna post this crazy. But then when you're asked about it, you can't refuse to explain why you're doing it. And also you're promoting it. That's like, this is the part. Like now, like the conversation about this whole press conference is like, oh my god, Nick Fredelli go pushing really hard on this, Like he's asking him, He's like, you promoted it, and he's saying, no, I didn't, No, I didn't. I just put a link up. Come on, That's what you're doing. Anytime I tweet, you tweet whatever, no matter your audience, especially when you have an audience of millions. But no matter your audience, you are promoting the definition of the word whatever it is you're directing people towards. Yeah, so that was I just can't believe. Then the conversation was like, oh my god, about how could Nick Fredell a reporter actually ask him to explain himself of what do you.
Speaker 7: And Kanye to me both want to speak and have people listen and not have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, go the other way.
Speaker 7: And so no surprise that Kyrie was getting more upset with the phraseology of the question and then actually what was being discussed. They're giving him a chance to apologize every single interview like that is giving somebody a chance to apologize, and Kyrie's not going to do it.
Speaker 1: So what does that tell you about him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think Bruce Arthur said this in the Tronto Star that the blowback convinces the contrarian mind of how right he must be. And that too, like Kyrie spot on, Kanye spot on, and it's it's it's crazy. Let's keep going, loser of the weekend. Back to the basketball floor, there we go. What do you got? Well?
Speaker 7: The Lakers, the Nets and the Sixers are providing cover for a lot of teams, I feel like, and one of them, no doubt, is the LA Clippers, who are really struggling. They've got four straight losses after losing to the Pelicans by thirty yesterday. In related news, possibly four straight games without Kawhi Leonard looks like he's going to be out again tonight. No real clue when he's going to be coming back. We knew there would be some management of his knee injuries, certainly coming into the season, but I don't think anybody expected him to play a handful of minutes off the bench in two games and then be out for another week. So weird stuff for the Clippers in that department. On the court, the people who are playing are struggle ing twenty ninth in offense, they're leading the league in turnovers. They're forcing the fewest turnovers, so you're getting six or seven extra shots. Basically, if you're the other team and they're twenty ninth and made threes, that's kind of like the Clippers id or identification.
Speaker 1: What am I trying to say? Identity right there?
Speaker 7: They make threes, they force turnovers because they're playing small and fast. It ain't happening so far. So I'm looking sideways at Paul George right now. He's at nineteen points per game, six rebounds, four assists, thirty eight from the field in twenty six from three. He came into the season saying he's number two for the Clippers. But if Kawhi's gonna be missing this much time. We need to see Paul George knocking on the door of the MVP table kind of thing. Performances from him. So disappointing all around from the Clippers. Their offense is just driving kick for the most part, So I'm not totally surprised if they don't have their main driving kick.
Speaker 1: Guys that they're not doing well. But I thought the.
Speaker 7: Clippers will be a little bit better than this to start the season and they are not.
Speaker 1: One thing we do in the first couple of weeks of the season task is are we pressing the panic button when it comes to, you know, a particular team's rough start. Are you doing it with the Clippers here?
Speaker 5: I'm I'm not just hovering over the panic button. I'm gently pressing it. Yeah, I can't bang on it quite yet because Kauhi hasn't played a lot. But at the same time, you want to press it because Kuai hasn't played a lot, the fact that his knee management is already an issue to start this season, and yeah, you can just say, of course they they're just being somewhat careful here, but he's been out for a long time. Prior to this season. He has played in only two of the six games to start. It's going to be two of seven after tonight. So Paul George needs his number one and he is, I think trying to take it slow into the season. I think that's what Paul George is doing. He's just trying to get to the playoffs. And I know Skeetzy were saying that you didn't really believe in this team. All these all the the pundits, you know, putting a lot of praise on the Clippers before the season, thinking that the roster on paper makes sense. But they need their lead guys to be playing like lead guys, and I don't. I think Paul George has another level. He can play better, but I don't know if he wants to right right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was tricked by the Brooklyn Nets and believing in them. I wasn't being tricked by the Los Angeles Clippers in the Western Conference. Is that big part of it? Of course is these guys just never play, And yeah, it's bad. I couldn't believe the seventeen and a half turnovers brigade. That is a hell of a lot of turnovers from a team that when you don't have your guys. Yeah, everybody's got to contribute. You can't beat yourself, and that's what they're doing. So but yeah, two and four, I mean, we're gonna always have to like go back to what the Celtics did last year all season long. Whoever starts poorly, we're gonna have to go. Yeah, but Boston they turned it around. But Boston, so you know, it's not over. But it's also a loaded Western Conference and at a certain point you're gonna get too far hind where you're gonna hurt your chances of seating being on the road, going through the Juggernauts and like making it very very difficult to then go to a to a finals. And that's they're like, that's what they want here. It's not win a first round. Oh yeah, it's a disappointment at this point. It's it's it's really to be a finalist, if not win the title. So man, I'm not making it easy with this pretty piss poor start here. I'm a little worried maybe the twenty tens are just over finally. You know, Lebron at the bottom of the standings, Clippers at the bottom of the standings, Kevin Durant at the bottom of the standings with the Nets. All the best players from the twenty tens, wow, are on bad teams, and all the best players from the twenty twenties are on the best teams. We're old guys.
Speaker 7: He's happening in the NFL as well. Tom Brady sucks, Aaron Rodgers sucks, Russell Wilson sucks.
Speaker 1: Jesus. I guess this is growing up. That's my Halloween costume, old guy, old, old, dilapidated muscles.
Speaker 5: And that's the difference between the Boston Celtics of last year and the Clippers of this year. The best players are old. The Celtics were not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know.
Speaker 5: The Celtics are kind of a veteran team this year with Brogden and Horford, and they've got some older guys. I think they're seventh oldest team, while the Clippers are the fourth oldest team and their lead guys just haven't played enough. The scary part is quiet. It all comes down to Kawhi. If he's injured, then this team, the ceiling is y, you know, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I also wanted to bring up this game because Zion Williamson came back. Oh yeah, that's exciting.
Speaker 7: Twenty one points, twelve rebounds, seven assists. Loved the seven assists because my man was setting the table. Looked like he hadn't missed a day and he probably would have finished with a triple double if he actually got to play at the end of the game instead of the massive blowout that the Pelicans pulled off.
Speaker 1: Do we know if the Pelicans play on Christmas? Because I have an idea that the NBA. Oh they don't this year. Okay, I just checked m I was gonna say, and I've said this before, if they did, even if they don't, just do it. Whenever NBA rig the net, have a break, let sy and bring it down. Shacks foul. I'm telling I'm serious. Somebody get in there tinker with a bolt. Did you see a couple of those dunks you have the thing rocking? Yeah, they're they're too strong, these nets. Now, you can't really bring them down. I don't think Shack could. But uh, you know, put an old one in there, like loosen something. Bring it down people. Nuts. Bible of Nuts would be awesome on Christmas. I was thinking, man, you're gonna have to counter the NFL. This year, you get Zion bringing down the net. People are gonna be flipping over, what the hell does happened?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just an idea, that's that's a very good idea.
Speaker 1: I just want to see somebody bring it down. It should be him. I haven't looked like the schedule.
Speaker 7: I'm guessing it looks way worse now that the season has started.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I was trying to go through it yesterday and I totally forget. I didn't know it off the top of my head. But Zion could bring it, could could bring it back. But they didn't trust enough for Zion to be healthy.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: So what do we got here?
Speaker 7: Tre seventy six Ers Nicks? Yeah, still good, Still good matchup. I think Lakers Mavericks. That one's gonna come down to a look ad game winner. Will he make it or really miss it? He's missed every single one so far this season. But let's keep tracking that Buck Celtics Classic Grizzlies Warriors. Okay, it could be a block Grizzlies at this point and Son's Nuggets.
Speaker 1: A classic lame Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, it's not brutal though it's not brutal it's not brutal. We got no nets. We got no nets. That's good.
Speaker 5: No Pelicans, I don't think. I think you've got a great idea. What the Oh, it's a great ad because I was watching the Clippers Pelicans game yesterday with with Danielle, and I said, that man is huge, pointing out I mean, he's the ninth wonder of the world in terms of a basketball body, sixty six to eighty two ninety whatever he is, it's it's lower than two ninety because the contract says it has to be. And she said, no, it's not. No, he's not that big. He's not that big. I said, he's not tall. He's not seven foot. She said, yeah, Shack's way bigger. But but but but he's wider, Danielle.
Speaker 1: To see you fire up some old Charles Barkley clips for her that daniel I don't think he don't cares. It's like six four zion size lead fast breaks and dunking over guys.
Speaker 5: Anyways, just break it backboard and I think daniel will appreciate it. Okay, yeah, but it's those backboards too. They won't shatter.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, but nor did Shacks. I mean he brought them down. First one. He just straight up brought down the second one. People think it was raged the hydraulics. Verym I want the first one. I want the one to collapse on Zion.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope and he doesn't get injured. That would be bad. I should think this through.
Speaker 5: No, I think you could see. I was thinking shattering, and I thought he'd dun't it. Everyone would get out of the way and then you'd somehow break it so there'd be no glass on everybody. But then it takes forever to clean up, and then people would complain.
Speaker 1: Didn't Darvin Ham? Okay, I'll lose you the weekend. I want to get loser of the weekend to the collective bargaining negotiations already started. Here'sre's why. Okay. So Friday night, WOSE reports that the NBA is pursuing the implementation of an upper spending limit in its negotiations on the new CBA with the Players Association.
Speaker 5: Tell me what that means?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Well, first off, surprise surprise. What was also says this change has been met with significant union resistance. Yeah, and this is why I'm calling it a loser, because this is going to be this is a non starter in discussion. So this is what you do when you start negotiating. When we have to negotiate with the athletic coming up, we'll ask for ten million to start with. You know, you start crazy high and say we're not doing that. Okay, okay, and then you get to negotiating. But this, I'll explain it for your task. It's basically in the wake of like these large market contenders, your warriors, your nets, your clippers, running up these massive payrolls, running up these massive luxury tax penalties, and that the NBA is proposing a system that will replace the luxury tax with a hard limit that you could not exceed payceof NFL style, I have a heart hard cap. Of course, a union, a player assction would be against this because then it's like, what do you mean now you're limiting what we can make in theory. So that's why this is not even going to be a discussion. But you know, it gets all the headlines. People anna start talking about it, but it's just I say it's a loser because it's just like it's almost a slick move by the NBA. They throw this out there and then what does this mean. They're actually going to be really trying to get in the in the upcoming collective bargaining agreement. So yeah, we're not gonna see this.
Speaker 7: Okay, you no, No, The NBA already makes more money from basketball than the players. Do you think there's going to be a hard limit?
Speaker 1: You think the union fighting? Probably not?
Speaker 7: Probably not on this CBA, but obviously that's what they want and that's what they're gonna be going for long term.
Speaker 1: NFL does have a hard cap.
Speaker 5: That I m b A.
Speaker 7: They make more money than the NBA. They're a bigger league than the NBA, and they have more.
Speaker 1: Parody and their union sucks, but their league is great. Well I mean yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: If you want basketball to be the biggest sport in the world, maybe you should.
Speaker 1: Copy the NFL a little bit. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's gonna happen either, But uh, to me, this is a bad omen for CBA negotiations. If they're asking for something that is this big of a deal, there's gonna be a fight on their hands.
Speaker 1: Oh. I mean, people are trying to pretend there won't be. We've been saying this for a while. You can go back and listen to the podcast this is going there's I mean, look, I don't want to be all gloom and dread here. Maybe it's because it's Halloween, Okay, but yeah, this is not gonna go well, one hundred percent agree with you, Trey, Like this is. There's gonna be a lot of fighting over this collective argument agreement. And you know they're they're trying to work in an agreement before the December fifteenth deadline that each side has to give notice to opt out of the current one. But it expires after twenty twenty three, twenty four, this seven year deal. I think we're unfortunately headed towards you know whatever. Another sort of lockout potential was definitely possible. Yeah, Okay, final one here, Trey, What do you got three options for worst loss of the weekend? Him me?
Speaker 7: Saturday, the MAVs lose to the thunder Task mentioned it. Yeah, the MAVs had a sixteen point lead with four minutes and fourteen seconds left. Tim McMahon of ESPN had the stat that NBA teams were nine nine hundred and seventy five and one when leading by sixteen or more points in the final four minutes now nine and seventy five and two. Dantis missed the game winner in that game, lost in overtime. Another candidate for worst loss of the weekend. Sunday, the Nuggets lose to the Lakers. They lost to the Lakers, and they gave up one hundred and twenty one points. That's a lot of points to give up to the Lakers team their first win. Five Nuggets scored in double digits but did not matter. A near triple double for Westbrook. Crazy yeah, and then two bad Warriors losses. They were beat handily by the Pistons yesterday. Gave up a ton of points one hundred and twenty eight to the Pistons. But I'm more concerned with the ot loss Saturday to the Hornets. No starting backcourt for the Hornets. And this one makes the cut for me because it eliminated me from our run.
Speaker 1: Your pools game. Oh no versus Hornets. This is an easy one.
Speaker 7: No LaMelo, no, no Trey anymore. I mean this says week two, it's really week one. Yeah, and I'm done. Yeah, Well, I saw I checked the pool this morning. I think you're alive, task yeah, alive, But almost half the people are already done, so you're not alone.
Speaker 1: Tray now some products to make a pick. I think two hundred plus people forgot to make a pick, so that's on them. But yeah, it's already we already cut this pool in half, just like that.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good for us.
Speaker 5: But yeah, which one when the pool? When the pool started, I thought this is gonna be pretty easy. You know, you're not picking points, but you're just literally picking the winner of the basketball game. You never known the National Basketball Association some of the easiest games.
Speaker 1: Well, who did you pick this last week?
Speaker 5: I picked the Wolves to beat the Spur the first Yeah, well second game, right, yes?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 5: Got it first? Yes, yes, you're right, right, it was the second game. Nice picky, man, great pick? Yeah? Sorry man, yeah, JD. You're still in it?
Speaker 4: Am I still in the survivor pool? Yeah? Man, I'm like number thirty.
Speaker 1: No, not that actual survival, not the reality. You didn't make a pick in our NBA Survivor pool.
Speaker 4: I forgot you even joined the thing.
Speaker 5: I saw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can still join, right, No, no, you can't.
Speaker 5: Not Week three. Anyways, I saw you rigging up your mic there. I thought you're getting ready to go I thought you're ready to talk about the basketball pool. But I do agree with Trey. The Hornets one was worse because of the way the Warriors looked at the end of this game. It was unwarrior like. At the end of regulation, Steph tried to hit a real hero ball shot, maybe because he was back home in Charlotte, he said a postgame, But they didn't look crisp. They didn't know what they were sort of running at the end of the fourth quarter, and that's Unwarriors like. They just weren't on the right spots on the floor that you could see there hesitating with their passes. This didn't happen at the beginning of last year when they rolled to an NBA championship. They were cooking for a long stretch to start the season. So there's something going on there with the Warriors. Opening night they roll, we think, oh, they're back, but you know, they lost to Phoenix when I think they looked on the other side of the floor and they saw a Phoenix team that was, you know, playing really, really well, and maybe they thought to themselves, we're not We're not as good as the Phoenix Suns right now. And then yeah, they lose the to the Hornets where you know they weren't themselves. And then the Pistons game. Yeah, that was they just got run off the floor really against the Pistons.
Speaker 1: That was a tough pick. Taking the Warriors in Charlotte. They never win there. I just did some fact checking here, and at least the last four seasons they've lost that game when Curry makes his return there in Charlotte.
Speaker 7: You're saying I should have done some research research, Hey, blew it, But all right.
Speaker 1: That's all right.
Speaker 7: The second game I was considering was Warriors at Pistons. Okay, so if I would have actually done researching about oh they always lives to the Hornets Pistons, it is lost by more.
Speaker 1: Hey, let us know in the stream team are you still alive or if you're out, which team did you in? Was it the Warriors in one of those games with somebody else? Let us know. We gotta take one more break when we come back. Pick a results from Friday night and tweet of the night. And the suit looked sharp, very sha saw the photos both from you and your wife blasting some grams, and uh, I thought he looked really good.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know it's Uh, it's great.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 6: Uh he looked right next to his date, who has sort of some like burgundy.
Speaker 4: In her dress.
Speaker 1: They planned that.
Speaker 4: I think it was planned. Yeah, yeah, a little pocket square two.
Speaker 1: I loved. Uh the I guess the set of photos where he is dipping her his date and then she is dipping him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very funny.
Speaker 6: He was literally holding himself up using using his abs or whatever else he used for that.
Speaker 4: I could never do that. But yeah, great o to be young and in shape.
Speaker 1: Good stuff. Yeah, we're just old farts now picker results from Friday. Oh yeah, this guy's a ru jacked. Yeah, Jesus clear the abs hotly you got like.
Speaker 7: I was working out hard summer summer twenty twenty one, fighting lean. You know, I said, Laura, just one of those guys will never have abs.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me ask you you a straight nude under that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'll hear it. Yeah, I know how warmer coldness was gonna be. And honestly, I'll say this is unisex. There a fine characteristics in the groinal region. It's not sacks under it.
Speaker 7: Well, promo code, no ducks. I am wearing a pair of SATs.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, I'm parked in the pouch, but I was hoping to keep it a little tape. I love the clothest part of it.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of photoshops man on.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it looks so creepy. Yeah, the face looks pretty good when it's the right way. Yeah, I don't know. Will it be too weird to cut out the eyes just so I can actually see. It's probably be a lot safer walking around sort of foggy out here in Atlanta today to Spooky night for Halloween. But that looks amazing. Oh, Trey Curry the Spirit Halloween meme. It's a lot of beefred percent beef. This is Hey, what are the man? What are the weekend of him? Always okay, picker results, that's why we're hearing the music. Friday Night's game Nick's in Milwaukee. Bocks were only favored by six and a half, and they took care of business. They got it done. Victory for Trey and I. We improved a four and five test, took the next to cover, so that loss puts you to six and three. Yeah, we're pretty close. We are, although well we never did. Are we calling? Are we resetting in November because it's the final night, so you've already won.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Okay, Well, congratulations you want Okay, I guess I think I got you.
Speaker 1: What we reset it. It used to be a short month in October. Now we got like two weeks of games. Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: That's pretty long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're ten games here after tonight. So what's tonight's game.
Speaker 5: Let's off, let's finish it off here. We've got a Wraps Hawks game in Toronto. We're gonna skip that one. We also have Memphis, Utah. I think that's gonna be a fun one. We'll skip that one though, because I saw Indian Brooklyn on the schedule and I thought it was a tough game considering what happened on Saturday where the Pacers took care of Brooklyn. The Nets are eight and a half point favorites. That's a big line. So that's why you guys jumped on. The Pacers just got to lose by eight or less. How the heck do you have faith in this Brooklyn team? I don't know. I don't know, but I took him because you guys took the Pacers, and we've got this rule in house no, one can't. We can't all take the same team.
Speaker 1: Well, you did something very kind this morning. I saw you picked the game, you put it in the dock, but you did not make your selection.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very nicely.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 5: I also picked the Knicks on Friday. That was kind of me. I was gonna lose. I knew I was gonna lose.
Speaker 1: You knew you're gonna lose.
Speaker 5: But anyways, I don't mind finishing with two straight losses because I'm winning. So I don't know what this Brooklyn, that team they could win. I'm betting more on the Pacers not being great again. Yeah, because they're the Pacers.
Speaker 1: We'll see. Let's get to tweet in the night.
Speaker 5: Tweet out the night, Wow, tweeted.
Speaker 1: The night more so tweeted the weekend.
Speaker 7: If I'm being quite honest, because the footage comes from calvs Celtics Friday night, when at Sports Boy Tony, notice that Luke Cornett invented a new way of defending the ribs. A guy taking a corner three I think it's a core out and Luke Cornett is jumping in the lane and putting his hands up, you know, ten feet high or something like that, trying to take a coro's.
Speaker 1: Eyes off what he's shooting at the Athletics.
Speaker 7: J King followed up with Cornett after the game and he said, Luke Cornett said that he's been told this jumping style works, said if the numbers start to show otherwise, he'll adjust, But players have told him this makes an impact.
Speaker 1: Cornett said, we're visually dependent people.
Speaker 7: So yeah, okay, does this work?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, even if that is true, that the issue I see as the seven footer on the team is now you are, and you saw it in the second clip, you are in no position to go get a rebound. So I guess on one end, yeah, good for you. The guy missed the shot, but like, what about getting the ball back? So turns his back on this guy on the court to I guess that that second shot went over the rim, right, so there was no rebound to be had. But wild, I mean, it's almost Do you remember Jose Calderon in his clap defense. He used to be a big like, like thirty feet away from the guy he was alway, Jose was always clapping. I don't think it ever worked. You see it, You see it in the odd pickup run. You know, every once in a while, so he just doesn't clapper.
Speaker 5: He clapped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know I love brownies. Similar show the nips, be tough in that. Yeah, do that? This works? Yeah? Yeah, I've been to check the numbers. But visually dependent people.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna keep doing it, doesn't shut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think about Luke here? No next galaxy brain thinking.
Speaker 5: I think Trey's muscle costume is way more effective than lou Cornet. It's one of those things you see on Twitter and you see it happen the first time, you're like, okay, yeah, that really works. He blocked his line of sight. Then you look at it, there's no way he blocked the guy's line of hear from a kor Yeah, did you notice that? Yeah? I'm not buying it.
Speaker 1: We got one more? Can I piggyback off that tweet? Do you mind? Muscleman? Go for it? Okay, I need to. You can't zip to see what the tweet is real?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, let me tell you muscle Man can piggyback in.
Speaker 1: J D I did you go sound up on it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well, Molly Morrison tweeted absolutely obsessed with Grant Williams showing up to tonight's game wearing a Halloween costume, playing the game, and then putting the costume back on after so he could do his entire postgame presser in character. And here's a small club.
Speaker 3: He doesn't shot make sure that the entire team is locked in for us, not for us to be special, we have to stay locked in in all hours, not in, not out.
Speaker 6: Defensively, what was different?
Speaker 3: Best part about his team that we take care of each other defensively, that's all we can accomplish it.
Speaker 1: So that statum coming in the background asking what the hell Grant Williams is doing? And for those just listening, I don't know if you could tell did you know that was a Batman impersonation?
Speaker 5: That was all right?
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering if you only could hear it, would you know he was dressed as Batman?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He needs more rage, more rage, more rage. Yeah, I think too nice. He's very whispery. He never heard Batman? You know?
Speaker 1: Where's so the Celtics coming through with tweets of the Nights last weekend? You love to see it.
Speaker 5: I just love how the narrative wasn't Grant Williams such a loser for dressing up because it's the Twitter narrative could have gone that way. I was wondering, where is it gonna be a love hate thing?
Speaker 1: Isn't that? Yeah, he does call himself batman.
Speaker 5: He called him God. I didn't want to know that he does.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure he does. It's not a basketball reference. It's just the general He does it all in character, though, which is the cool part. Yeah, well, let's call it there, guys, thank you so much for joining us live here, fun Monday Podcast. Let's hear your winners and losers of the NBA weekend. We're back tomorrow live at ten a m Eastern here in the Classic Factory. Everybody, have a safe and happy Halloween tonight. Uh hope you get all the candy in the world. Are you going to bring in any for me here? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we did get Oh yeah, we ain't getting anybody tonight. So we've got chips and all certain like thousands of pieces.
Speaker 1: Of You're on a dead end street hill, Yeah, nobody can waste their time.
Speaker 6: He had three people knock on the door last year. One of them was like a bunch of kids in a pickup track. That was the only people coming down here.
Speaker 1: That next level.
Speaker 7: Pretty much crazy.
Speaker 5: That's crazy that no one would come. Just like you say, you're in a bat spot. What better thing do kids have to do every house?
Speaker 1: That's a good point. You got to optimize a little bit, though. God their children.
Speaker 7: I was with.
Speaker 5: Children and we went everywhere.
Speaker 1: You're you're your daughter, she loves Halloween.
Speaker 5: We went. We went to a house that was given out the full chocolate bars.
Speaker 1: Wow, neighborhood.
Speaker 5: We were with it. Well, that was the only one in the neighborhood. I was a little surprised. We were with another child who double dip took two full chocolate bars. My kid did not do that. It was it was It was just a bowl with full sized chocolate bars. Kid took her She's and the twigs. My daughter wouldn't. She took a two copper of the Reese's pieces. She said, remember, Dad, we went to that basketball game. We shared this Reese's pieces. I said, yeah, we went to that w NBA game and we shared it. We hugged and I said, don't be like that kid. Bars.
Speaker 1: Are there any coffee crisps floating around down here in the States or just never seen that?
Speaker 4: Sometimes Public's has them really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, hey, tweet at us if you get a coffee crisp tonight, either in Canada or here in the States at no dunk Saint Guy's on the end, or hey, just personally tweet at me.
Speaker 5: Edgeford Beford has them all the time.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, have a safe and happy Halloween. We'll see tomorrow. Clipper bro you heard it here first. Have a great time turn up. Love you guys awesome.
Speaker 5: Thanks for joining us. And something I didn't do is remember because actually over the weekend I thought to myself, oh, I got a good line for Monday's show at the end. I should write it down. Didn't write it down, and I thought i'd remember it, but I don't. So, uh, Trey, you got any wise words? Considering you're gonna cost you. I'm throwing you. I'm just throwing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, costumes make you smarter, thinking man. Thanks for joining us. And remember the brain is the strongest muscle. Braced, I look at throwing camera.
Speaker 5: Where we can edit that