Speaker 1: Call It what It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Ludington, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello, call It Crew. Hello, jess are sitting here on top of the world, on top of the world in Chicago.
Speaker 3: We are here for a con which is a convention right where we get to meet fans. And we found out that there was another podcast happening in Chicago at the same time as us, and that was Scrubbing In. And I know you guys have heard of this podcast because they love Gray's Anatomy. I've been on the podcast, and to be honest, right now, I'm paying my pants a little bit because they are so professional an experts and they're sitting right in front of him staring at them, and we are like the feetus babies.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what we're doing. I know I know.
Speaker 4: Babies.
Speaker 2: So Tanya and back, can you say hello to the.
Speaker 5: We are so honored to be here, truly, like the honor is ours?
Speaker 6: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's a co honor.
Speaker 6: I think it's a co honor. But I do think since our podcast titled name is in reference to this.
Speaker 5: Is it's like royalty, like this is actually actual royalty, and it's actually really nice. We didn't bring we have pillows that are like the size of like a bean with your faces on them.
Speaker 7: We didn't bring them here, so you don't.
Speaker 5: You don't have the pleasure of seeing yours.
Speaker 2: They're a situation.
Speaker 4: Hala likes the crown.
Speaker 1: So I'm.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wait, can we cheers, because I'm honest, cheer a bottle?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I'm excited because usually I'm on your podcast and you asked me questions and we get to ask you guys questions today.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's true, right, Okay, but I sort of actually forgot the component, which is like besties and besties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, maybe that's where we start. O friendship components.
Speaker 6: Are saying, like the hair, the similarity, the hair.
Speaker 2: Color, the hair color, it's like looking at our youngest.
Speaker 5: So I feel like, yeah, yeah, forty, Okay, you're forty.
Speaker 4: She said, like, no, I love how people are shocked. I'm like, oh my god, thanks. Oh let's be honest. If they weren't shocked, you'd be pissed.
Speaker 6: I really obviously not lie about it, obviously.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you guys are best friends? Where did you first meet.
Speaker 6: We met at an iHeart festival in Vegas. Yes, she was not super warm to me.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Okay, first of all, no, she's so dramatic and she knows our story a little bit too.
Speaker 3: Because we did not get along okay, no, okay, okay, okay so.
Speaker 7: Much, and you didn't like her.
Speaker 4: She didn't really know it.
Speaker 2: I know she mean it very obviously, guys.
Speaker 5: The problem is she always likes to say this, but like I, when I love people like I get really excited to see them. And she was with two people that I already had known. I didn't know her, so I was really excited to see the people that she was with, and I was like, nice to you.
Speaker 6: I thought opid'ctly I would say she was tepid.
Speaker 5: But then, as fate would have it, we ended up she ended up moving into the apartment literally right next door to mine, so we shared a wall, and that's when everything like flipped for us, because we just became like inseparable at that point, Like we literally shared a wall for a little.
Speaker 2: Intimate I feel like I sure was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some of us have some spatial boundaries that others still and I would be like waking up. You know, she is on a morning radio show, so she gets up early, comes home while I'm still waking up, basically yeah, and she would just turn the knob like ready to come in, and she like knock until I answered it, Why is your door locked? And like, well I was sleeping, So that's why she acts like this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she loves it. No, I know, I actually.
Speaker 6: Think y'all are similar. Two of you.
Speaker 2: No boundaries in these friendships need Yeah, she would like.
Speaker 5: Get me ready for like dates and stuff, like she would like do my hair and like do I make up for me?
Speaker 7: And like it was like a really sweet time.
Speaker 1: Do you imagine if we had that time in our lives together you would not let me do I actually would because you do that really pretty thing with your eyes, and I I don't love ever everybody to do that.
Speaker 4: I can do it.
Speaker 3: Look on if you guys like when you're when you guys are like old, do.
Speaker 2: You want houses side by side?
Speaker 6: Then like no, there's an instant No, No, I don't. I don't think we need that. No, like a close drive away is good.
Speaker 7: We're too far away from each other right now.
Speaker 6: I know I moved to you and you moved away.
Speaker 7: I know, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Moved in with my fiance, but uh, we're a little bit too far. We're about ten minutes ten to eleven minute drive.
Speaker 2: I prefer to be far.
Speaker 6: It's it's good for me personally, Like it's a perfect distance. So I'm not yeah, I'm not trying to like She's like talking about moving to the valley and I'm like, oh, yeah, that's how where how close to me close?
Speaker 7: She acts like this, but she she loves it.
Speaker 6: She loves it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get that. Okay.
Speaker 2: When we walked in, we were blinded by.
Speaker 4: The ring on Tanya's finger almost immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, she's like a magpie.
Speaker 4: She's like a mag I'm like, shiny, shiny, sparkling.
Speaker 6: Engaged.
Speaker 2: You were last time I saw you were not engaged?
Speaker 6: Correct? Wait, so when did you get engaged?
Speaker 5: So I've actually been engaged for a year, but we need a story, the engagement story.
Speaker 6: Yes, we love it.
Speaker 5: Well, we were dating for three years before we got engaged.
Speaker 1: Woaw.
Speaker 7: I know it's a long time for like, yeah, later in your life.
Speaker 4: But my faderhead, Yeah, well no.
Speaker 5: I mean, like a lot all my friends, a lot of my friends got married in their twenties, like early twenty of your life. Really love when you're talking, I feel like a lot of people get married early on in their twenties, yes, and I'm like in my later thirties, so I mean right later on in life.
Speaker 7: But I was like ready for it, Like after the first year.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'm ready for it, and he was divorced with kids, and so he was kind of like on the slower path. Yeah, So we met in the middle, and it was really beautiful. He did it on like a Sunday. I was like not expecting at all. He had all of our closest friends and our family, and like Becca was there and she was filming, so I was obviously surprised for me. So I didn't know that they were all there, and Becca was basically like filming everybody and kind of like their excitement of it like before I came out, and so like getting to see those videos is so special because I didn't know what was going on, and getting to like see all their conversations and they were all like helping him decide like where to set it up, and she was in charge of the speaker for the music, and like he just gave everybody a job, and it was just like really really sweet.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and he.
Speaker 4: Has he has how many kids?
Speaker 7: Two kids? Ten and twelve? Oh boys?
Speaker 2: Oh okay great, yeah, oh that's exciting.
Speaker 3: And did you find it stressful, like keeping that secret? Because I hate secrets.
Speaker 6: I love secrets. You do.
Speaker 2: You're a good I'm so bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's like a vaulted Did you ever have to go yeah dinner.
Speaker 6: I think a few days before, like the week before, and she was talking about plans or something, and I was so casual. It was just like just oh.
Speaker 3: My god, break a sweat break. Did you really have no idea? Did anyone do the whole? Like, why don't you go get.
Speaker 2: Your nails done today?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: Because I do always.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been preparing for like a.
Speaker 6: Year, like I was.
Speaker 5: For a year before we got engaged, So I was like.
Speaker 6: Ready for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so there was no need to like prepare me. I was like read it. Yeah yeah, yeah right.
Speaker 5: But I was surprised the day of because it was like after a Jonas brother's concert.
Speaker 7: It was a Sunday. I was hungover, like it was so weird but perfect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh my gosh, I couldn't even he packed me makeup because basically what it is he handed me. We did like a couple's massage, but they said like the room was broken or whatever, so they put me in a room by myself. After my massage, they handed me a note that was written by him saying like the time, like it's been a long time coming, your dress and your makeup is in your locker. I'm waiting for you on the terrace. So like then I knew. So I just started like bawling and what. Yeah, So I knew at that point, like we were getting engaged. And I looked at my massage therapist and I was like I'm getting engaged, and I like hugged her and like I just started bawling. And then I had all my makeup, but I couldn't even put it on because I was just like crying so hard.
Speaker 6: This he is moving. But also it's like he asked, like.
Speaker 4: I'm tripping on.
Speaker 1: He kind of asked you without even being there because he said what it was gonna be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it literally was like just one sentences like it's been a long time coming. Uh, your dress and the make and your makeup or in your lockers, I'm waiting for you.
Speaker 7: In the terrace and I was like.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is wow.
Speaker 3: I would say yes if I opened a random locker and that was a note, I'm like sorry, man, Yeah yeah, race is here and I'm all the genrors.
Speaker 1: Yeah mine, I know that's deep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was cute. It was really cute.
Speaker 2: And so many is officiating.
Speaker 6: We heard rumors.
Speaker 5: Yes, So I work. I work on the morning show on Earth Ryan Seacrest, and he he loves like he loves my fiance. They like really get along really well. And I feel like it's really symbolic because I lived out so much of like my single life on the air and on the morning show, and so the fact that he's going to like officiate for us is like very sentimental and kind of like full circle.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I've ever said this on the podcast before, but I was an I listened to the Morning show every morning on my way to grace.
Speaker 6: You all did.
Speaker 1: Chunk of I mean, I what undid me was because I was pregnant so many times on the show and there it's an emotional roller coaster.
Speaker 4: You go through a lot of different you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, imagine And it was Ryan's roses that I was like I can't listen to one.
Speaker 6: More horrible person in the world. I just can't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just makes me just lose my.
Speaker 6: Faith in humanity.
Speaker 1: It was Ryan's roses that put me over the edge, and but I listened to it all the time, which is so crazy to me now because I think, now my habits are I get in and I've got my Spotify play.
Speaker 2: Did I just go straight to that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Now, I really did.
Speaker 4: I listened to all the banter.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Thing.
Speaker 5: So like when I started with him, I had like I had just broken up with this guy that I thought I was going to marry, and so it was like this whole whirlwind of like my life got turned upside down. I started dating again, like it was. My whole single life was literally documented on the Morning show. And so it's like it's going to be like a full circle moment to have him like a fishing kind of like end that chapter for me.
Speaker 4: You know, what do you think Ryan's going to get you as your wedding present?
Speaker 7: You know, his presence is our present?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Come on, I need well no, but yeah, but okay, all right, I got the answer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I want to imagine that Ryan's going to get you like a like a.
Speaker 2: House, like a like a white rose voice.
Speaker 6: Next to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it would be the dream, honestly. Yeah, yeah, no I don't.
Speaker 5: It's so funny because we're actually talking about that. I was like, I don't want I don't want anybody coming to the wedding to like give us a gift, like I'm going to toast her from like my best friends that are coming to my wedding.
Speaker 6: Special design.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt that way. I put like, no, you know, I didn't have a registry. I was like, it's.
Speaker 2: Fine, don't worry about it. You guys coming. Okay, I seriously regret that.
Speaker 4: Oh really, yes, you regret not having a registry.
Speaker 3: Okay loves Okay, No, wait, back up.
Speaker 1: Having a registry, because what would a registry do tell people what to get you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, people got you weird stuff. No, you guys, let me give you some context. Jessica has a registry for her birthday, for.
Speaker 6: Her birthday, not every amazing.
Speaker 1: Superior and well, we know how you feel about it. But let the women speak, because I just heard the one a ramp up to this is a it's amazining.
Speaker 4: She thinks it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go back to your story.
Speaker 6: How a registry is.
Speaker 3: I want to people really quick care about you to Jessica's birthday.
Speaker 2: There's a link to a registry.
Speaker 6: For that's my dream. What I hate having to think about what someone's gonna like for a gift.
Speaker 4: And imagine if they were all different price points.
Speaker 2: Perfect, I mean the fact that switch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, actually, like.
Speaker 5: I would actually, I don't know what I would do if somebody send me a link to their registry for their birthday, I'd be like, no, I'm giving your pull off.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: I did not have a registry for my wedding. I regretted it because all of my kitchen stuff is crap. It's stuff that I had from like my twenties, and I could have done like a nice toaster or like cooking Star. I still don't have stuff.
Speaker 4: Now I change.
Speaker 7: I might change my mind on the birthday.
Speaker 6: Coming up in December, I might start doing this because like that, just I felt excited hearing about that. My God, And now even if you didn't say like specifics, if it was like here's stores that I love, yeah, anything that you want to get me from that, yes, I love that. Okay, Becca, Yeah, do we hear wedding balls for you? Oh?
Speaker 2: How are you feeling?
Speaker 6: I feel great about my relationship. But we've been together for six years, I know, but we just officially moved in together last month, actually a couple months ago, but she left and worked for three months in Canada. So yeah, So she's asked me like three times every day if I'm going to get married.
Speaker 5: She's going to keep it a secret. She's like, I'm not going to tell anybody. So now I feel like I have to ask her every day.
Speaker 6: But when it happens, I'm just saying, I will propel anybody. I think it would eventually be both of us proposed, but I don't know. I would imagine I would.
Speaker 3: I would have time that though, you just do you have the discussion beforehand of like, hey, this is going to be the day that we proposed to each other.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, so romantic.
Speaker 2: But she's for that you both proposed.
Speaker 7: I think one doesn't like a couple of months.
Speaker 6: Later on so that we both get to where, you know, the room okay, but no, we are really just adjusting the living together. But I know, like I want to be with her, prepper, I'm not like a wedding, Like I'm not like, oh, I dreamed of my wedding my whole life. You were on the Bachelor, listen, I know, and I'm dating a woman.
Speaker 2: Now there's room, there's room.
Speaker 6: Grew up in the South, and I think there was the expectation of, like you get married young kids, and I was always like what I just assumed I was going to do? So The Bachelor felt very much unnatural in the stance of how it was done. But I was like, Okay, nothing, the apps aren't working. Let's see if this works two times and yeah, did it? And then I met her. I think two years after that.
Speaker 2: Would you ever go back and watch old episodes?
Speaker 6: Oh? No, like watching I was. I want to. We'll talk about this later. But watching yourself on a screen like that is the most uncomfortable thing to me.
Speaker 2: Well, that's so much worse.
Speaker 6: We played character.
Speaker 4: I mean we yeah, we we had other people's words so we could.
Speaker 7: Watch was like a little like, well it wasn't me, yeah, right, but right.
Speaker 1: I actually find it strangely, and I've given what we're doing right now. I find it hard to listen to myself. Yes, I really had to hear yourself a voicemailing you like who not me?
Speaker 7: How I found Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, so yeah that's what I did.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you because because I had to be reminded that you were on the Bachelor. So I have a question, given that you have real life experience being on a show like that, do you have do you feel like you feel differently or or do you what is your feeling and or impression of shows that catch fire like Love Island?
Speaker 4: Like do you do you watch it?
Speaker 6: Did you watch it? I'm not into Love Island?
Speaker 2: Are there any.
Speaker 4: Reality shows that you're into?
Speaker 6: So I so my girlfriend loves The Bachelor like that I've never watched before I was on it. And then when I met her, she tried to act like she didn't watch my seasons. I found out like a few months into our relationship she was like a diehard fan. She was like, oh yeah, she's like I am. I think I started watching around Rachel Lindsay's season, which was like a few after mine, and I was like, oh okay. And then I found like an old you know, like when you start dating somebody stalk their whole Instagram. I like went like backfar and she did a literal Instagram video where she's almost like it was almost like my conversation with one of the Bachelor's verbatim no, because that was a virgin. I was like, oh, I don't know what I want to do, and and it was basically like my conversation that she was acting out. And I was like, this was the year that I was on the Bachelor, So you literally were watching.
Speaker 1: I realized that I have to catch up here. But you went on the Bachelor as a virgin.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, so I grew up the Christian.
Speaker 7: That was my story for story.
Speaker 6: So I didn't want it to be because I knew as soon as they found out about that that was gonna be my storyline. Yeah. There was another girl in there who was a virgin. She was crying because she had just told him and she was like, I don't know how he receiving right? Actually, I ah yeah, and I go, oh, I'm a virgin too, and like in my mind I said it, and I was like I have a microphone and like seven cameras on the right, and I'm like damn. I was like I was trying to not do that. And immediately a producer was like, Becca, come here, interview. Yeah, so that became like my storyline, gotcha, Yeah, when.
Speaker 3: You're on the show, do you have to wear a mic from the moment you wake up?
Speaker 6: I was They kind of like would get so annoyed with me because I would be. I would wait till they had to come and find me to be like, Becky, you have to put a microphone on because it was like on your back all day.
Speaker 7: It was so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: They are uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Old were you when you on the first time twenty six?
Speaker 6: But I was. I grew up very conservative, very Christian, so and in hindsight, I honestly think it may have been because I was more into women. But in my mind it was easier.
Speaker 7: To be like, yeah, right, it's religious.
Speaker 6: You know. But yeah. I would get in the pool because you could take your mic off when you were swimming, but it was they'd.
Speaker 7: Be like, where's backup?
Speaker 6: I would try Yeah, So basically though, and then I hated the fact that I had it when I was going to back I just like I felt it's so invasive, super invasive. I feel like reality I know, but she loves speaking of like reality shows. She's obsessed with all violands and so I watched.
Speaker 5: You Obsessed Cannot Get Enough, Like when I tell you like, but not the USA only UK.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've heard that that one.
Speaker 7: So UK. They're like next level, next level there there.
Speaker 5: It's weird because they're all interacting, they're doing the same people, but they do so respectfully. Yeah yeah yeah, and they're still drama, but they deal with it in such like a respectful, mature manner.
Speaker 4: That's what I've heard.
Speaker 7: Yes, So it's like so interesting to watch.
Speaker 1: When I saw one episode of the American version and I was like, this last season I swore, And because I heard my my thirteen year old talking with her friends because we're a little bit like I'm very wary of the social media and kids and all that stuff, so I kind of toe that line. And they don't have social media, so they you know, she just got Snapchat and she gets like twenty minutes a day, thirteen.
Speaker 4: She's thirteen.
Speaker 1: She just got a phone, and so I think she's figured out different little workarounds.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 1: You, Eve, And so she was talking to some friends about it, and it's like whether she would be at someone else's house and maybe they won't have it all or I think you can find everything on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: YouTube.
Speaker 1: So anyways, it was put into my consciousness and then I thought, well, I should see like some piece of this before I'm saying how horrible it is or or whatever you know. And so I watched one episode like I wanted to like burn my eyeballs out.
Speaker 4: This cannot be watched by my thirteen year old child.
Speaker 5: So till your thirteen year old to watch the UK version, Thank you. It's much more sophisticated.
Speaker 7: Yeah mannered, Yeah, manner mannered.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I speaking of reality, I've just gotten her started on the Mormon Uh yeah.
Speaker 5: The Secret Lives. So I just started it. I'm only one episode in, so.
Speaker 6: Don't yeah I can.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to spoil it.
Speaker 6: People love it, people are going crazy over it. Yeah yeah. But everyone was obsessed with Love Island USA.
Speaker 5: Island USA was top tier television. When I tell you you liked it, Oh, so I swore off USA. I was like, I will never watch Love Island USA ever, Like never, And then UK this last season, I was watching it and it was really bad, and I was like, I need my fix in the summer. So I heard everybody was like in the USA, So I went over to the USA and it was phenomenal. So this last season, hats off. They deserved some awards for this last season because it was any dating reality show. I'm like, there, yeah, wow, yeah, wow yeah.
Speaker 7: Love is Blind.
Speaker 5: Love is Blind UK, Mexico, USA.
Speaker 6: Yes, you can get a nuddy anywhere.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about Taylor Swift?
Speaker 6: Oh? Sure?
Speaker 7: So Beck as best friend?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: So so we have we you know, before we do podcasts, we get notes on things. And I was like, yay yy I know these girls. And I was like, wait a tick. Taylor Swift knew about you and Haley before anybody else did.
Speaker 6: Not before anybody else but before my parents? How how this is actually such a crazy story. So we love it. My girlfriend Haley, she's a singer and she was on tour with She was opening for a Panic at the disco at the time, and she was on the same tour schedule kind of as Taylor, and so Taylor reached out and asked if she wanted to perform with her during her reputation tour, and so Haley, Haley was like really respected Taylor, but wasn't like, didn't know like a tonuber of music or anything, you know, just very like respected her as an artist, but she knew I was like obsessed with Taylor. And she's like, oh, they just called and we're going to be in Boston at the same time. They want me to come out and perform Curious with her during the concert, and I was like, I'm flying out. Tell me to day. When is this happening. So, in for context, we met in April, basically started dating as soon as we met. She went on tour, and then this was in July. So however, many months okay three, all my friends knew about us. My sisters lived with me at the time, my two younger sisters, and so I fly out there and she goes on stage performs. I'm in like the friends and family section with Mama Swift like I'm just like, this is the coolest thing ever. And I'm videoing my girlfriend on stage with Taylor Swift. I'm like, this is so epic, you know. So we go back to Haley's green room, Haley and her mom go to Taylor's dressing room with Taylor and her mom and they're chatting. I'm in Haley's green room, I'm looking at videos. I'm like, this is incredible, and my mom texted me and she was like she had known about like Hailey's name, but she was like, do you like Haley more than a friend.
Speaker 2: At the same time on that night yeaheah. So I'm like looking for my foot off that night.
Speaker 6: I don't no, I guess because she knew. I think I told her like I'm going to Boston Haley's performing whatever. Yeah, So my mom texts me that I'm like staring at my phone, and Haley's security guard comes over and he's like, hey, Taylor wants to say hi, So I'm going to take you to her dressing room. So like i go in with the most heavy feeling because I'm like, I'm about to meet my favorite celebrity ever and I have to come out to my mom tonight. Like it was just so this like crazy balance. So we talked about I think we talked like Bachelor in Paradise or something. It was like, she's so you've met her.
Speaker 7: She's so she's the best normal.
Speaker 6: She's so like intentional, like when she's having a conversation, it's very like you're the person she's talking to. She doesn't care what's going on. And then yeah, I had to go on Haley's bus and have a very hard conversation with my mom.
Speaker 7: Crazy.
Speaker 3: That's an insane story, and I'm very jealous.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's so many different layers to that.
Speaker 2: There's there had to have been.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm when we talking about I'm a little more woo woo.
Speaker 1: I'm a little more like the destiny of it, Like things happened right when they're meant to happen, all that stuff for that to happen, because to have something that's so so hard sitting side by side something that was so so fantastic, the true I mean, that's incredible, right that you got to feel those two things and maybe even use some of the energy from I'm with my most favorite artists in the world, and I think that there's like an emotional contagion that happens between people. So like that bolstering and that confidence and that like joy got to come and be in your story of doing something you thought it was gonna be really hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a lot crazy, crazy tense.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 3: I have a question about just podcasting, okay, because we are the podcast.
Speaker 2: Babies compared to you guys.
Speaker 3: You guys are like the varsity, the seniors. What are some tips for us to be better at tips and tricks for us.
Speaker 2: To be better at our jobs?
Speaker 7: You're just such a nerd.
Speaker 2: What are some things that you guys learned along the way.
Speaker 3: I bet you're like, I wish I knew it from day one when I started this podcast.
Speaker 2: I wish I knew this this.
Speaker 5: I feel like we've been doing it for seven years and there's gonna be people in your ear that tell you to do it this way, or do this way, or talk to this person or how you know.
Speaker 7: I always feel like.
Speaker 5: Our gut is always right on things like if we're having fun and we're liking the people that we're having on the podcast is great. If we're not having fun and it's not someone that we want to talk to, it's not enjoyable. So I think, like, just listen to your gut and your intuition. I think that's like my biggest thing.
Speaker 6: And also I feel like the like my most vulnerable episodes where I left the like recording being like, oh god, do I need them to take that hour or edit, you know, but have decided to leave it in have been the most like impactful moments of the podcast, like our vulnerable moments where we cry. You know. It's just I think that's what people listen to podcasts for, especially when it's a relationship in terms of friendship and they want to know you. There's this element of vulnerability with podcasts that people gravitate towards because they essentially are listening. And obviously y'all are y'all are celebrities and people have y'all in this like y'all are their favorite from their favorite TV show ever, so there's a difference in that, but they're listening because they love you, guys, and they want to hear about your lives and it doesn't have to be so polished. My girlfriend has a really hard time with social media, for instance, because she's a traditional actress and artist. So the social media of it, all of it all is intimidating to her because it's very casual in the sense that it's, yeah, it's not filtered, it's not edited, whereas traditional creative people are used to that needing like it to be perfect and look a certain way. And so I think that's the most The thing that I've noticed is when we're the most authentic and raw and just like vulnerable with our feelings and how what we're doing.
Speaker 5: If we mess something up and we're like, should do it over, and then we're like, no, keep it in. We'll just keep it all in, just let it, let it go.
Speaker 6: But I listened to y'all's podcast, and I feel like y'all do such a y'all's banter. So it's when you have natural chemistry with someone's huge, it makes the biggest No, that's giving.
Speaker 4: Her a little shoulder on camera shoulder.
Speaker 2: No, I think we're finding that too, something that Jessica.
Speaker 4: Gave her a wink.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: I think something that jess and I I've talked about before we started the pod was that we are so used as actors, used to being polished and making sure we don't say the wrong thing quote unquote, and you know, giving an answer, buttoning it, moving on. And this was initially kind of intimidating and exciting all at the same time, because we were like, Okay, we're going to have to get vulnerable and we're not.
Speaker 2: We that's not really are mo O normally.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that for when you're an actor, you are usually representing a project.
Speaker 4: When you're reviewed or you're in front of camera or being heard.
Speaker 1: Yes, and in pot when you're on a podcast, you're representing yourself and so that transition from I'm representing someone else and how they would like for this project to be represented, right, and I'm representing myself and I need to trust for me.
Speaker 4: Like the biggest thing has been.
Speaker 1: That that equal parts trust and connection, which is you know, because we're all looking for that. Even when you're just listening and you're listening in on you know, I mean listening to both of you talk, it's like there's this incredible dynamic knowing and belonging and trust and all that stuff, and you hear it when you guys are when you're just talking. And I think that that you know, people want to tune into. And I think that in the beginning for us, it was it's been so new that you sort of like you're still doing the razzle dazzle on some level, like what is the thing like what's going to be entertaining or right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: And I think that it's wild to think that in this in this medium, you kind of like the less entertaining that you try to be the better.
Speaker 7: I think something is I think like you're you. That's the thing.
Speaker 5: Like the people that listen to your podcast are like listening for you, and they will come with you and they will do life with you, and they will that they're there for you. And so it's like I think that's been like it's such a beautiful relationship because it's like you meet these people, like when we did some of our live shows, it's like you meet these people and they've been invested and they like know so much of you and your life and your story, and they relate to things and at the end of the day, like human connection, we all no matter what celebrity non celebrity, we all deal with the same stuff. So it's like you're you find people that are kind of in similar life phases, Like I get women that DM me about dating, divorced, dads with kids and how do you navigate that? And you know, like all these different things that they connect with you on And I think that's the thing is it's like that's what resonates, that's what sticks. Those are the people that are going to stick with you. So if you just go with your gut and like always stay true to that, that's what's gonna hold strong you know.
Speaker 6: I was also gonna say one of my favorite episode, whatever listener's favorite episode is the story about we were in a nail salon. I was just gonna go into the Voulderville thank you so much, and Tanya got up from the nail salon and parted, and it like kept going and it's like.
Speaker 7: We were hard story for twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: Every time I stepped, it was like it just kept farting walking and it kept I was like.
Speaker 5: I was in this phase of life where I was too sugar free gum, like it was like my job and.
Speaker 7: I didn't know the impact that it was going to.
Speaker 2: Happen GI and I got that impact.
Speaker 5: I felt the impact of listeners and it was like one of our most listened to podcasts.
Speaker 7: And it was like literally about me aarready get nails.
Speaker 6: I'm just learning about vulnerability, a real true life. And I wanted to ask a question that has nothing to do with that. I want to talk about you if you have pistol woman, since your Gray's anatomy day, but you're gonna do the answer, you know.
Speaker 4: My eyes were locked on hers.
Speaker 2: I was like, what is it going to come out of her next?
Speaker 6: And I had no answer. I want to know the answer.
Speaker 7: We're going to transition into scrubbing.
Speaker 6: In part two, The Stoking tapped on a steep and tapped in the street.