Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend. Everybody gangs here, ready to go. We're fully loaded. Fritzy in the back row with Dylan, Marv, Pauliers truly in the backroom. Guys, your phone calls always welcome, especially on a Monday. Best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked, you didn't like? A little bit of business here. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. First hour brought to you by True Green. Why not have one of those PGA tour like lawns, the official lawn care treatment provider that's True Green. Get a golf course quality lawn the easy way. Sign up at truegreen dot com, Sit back and relax. Also, while you're at it, make sure you go to rectech dot com search the Dan Patrick Show for details on how you can win a Rectech.
Speaker 3: Coming up this Friday.
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven three DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show, We'll have a poll, question, Play of the day, stat of the Day, all of that forthcoming basketball coming up tonight. I'm not saying it will be, but it could be Lebron's last game as a Laker. Thunder are ten and a half point favorites against the Lakers. You have the Pistons and the Cavaliers. I've got the Pistons getting three and a half against Cleveland. By the way, on Tuesday, the Timberwolves are nine and a half point underdogs against the Spurs.
Speaker 3: Which is where I'll start.
Speaker 2: Because Victor wembin Yama was tossed last night in the second quarter of flagrant two. And let me give you the rule book here. A flagrant one is unnecessary contact. A flagrant two unnecessary contact and excessive contact. Therefore that can result in an ejection and possible suspension. I think because we like Wemby, we want to see Wemby, we don't think the NBA will suspend him. Go back to PTSD post traumatic Stern Disorder when David Stern was the commissioner, because if I brought this up to him and I said, if Victor webmbin Yama got suspended, and I would have the audacity to question the commissioner as I once did, you can't suspend him. He already got suspended, really got kicked out of a game in the second quarter, and then he would probably use the word plaver and then he would scold me with this, Commissioner, Adam Silver, do I think Now here's the one thing that's tricky with this.
Speaker 3: And look, I don't agree with what Wemby did.
Speaker 2: I know that he's getting jostled, he's getting hit in the face, he's getting pushed.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things that go on.
Speaker 2: This is the way that you are going to combat Victor wembin Yama. His skill and his size. They are going to rough him up. We talked about this when the series started. They're going to be physical with him. He's got to be careful. He's got to be he's got to make sure he's not the one who's going to be the enforcer. That's where you have a guy come off the bench and say, all right, why don't you smack Anthony Edwards here? I mean, this is what happens in baseball. You kind of police yourself here. You can't be throwing elbows.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: And I disagree with the coaching staff with the Spurs. Yes, it's physical, it's playoff basketball. But there's a better way to do this than me losing Wemby for an entire game that you probably should have won. But I think that's going to be as we move forward. How do san Antonio protect Wemby. How do they let Minnesota know you're not going to get away with that again. But watching that last night, it's above and beyond and it's excessive, And I wouldn't rule out a suspension. Man, I've been around the NBA for over fifty years. I wouldn't rule out that they would suspend him.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: If it's the regular season, he would probably be suspended. If this would have been a fourth quarter flagrant two, then he'd probably be out for this next game. But watching that last night, you watch it in slow motion, it doesn't help now, not that the officials get to look at that, but the commissioner does. And that's where you look at it and you go, it's beyond excessive, like he was hoping to connect with somebody. I get the frustration level, but you're the best player on the floor. You can't be thrown out of a game because you want to let everybody know you're not going to take this. Do we have the coach of the Spurs, Mitch Johnson, here, we go.
Speaker 4: It's getting to a point that it's if the people that are in charge of controlling the game and protecting the physicality of the game don't do that, then at some point he's going to have to protect himself. We've been asking him to do that now for a while. I'm glad he took matters in news old hands again, not in terms of hitting nasried Ville. I mean, be very clear about that. I'm glad Nasri was okay, and I didn't want him to elbow him, But he's going to have to protect himself if they're not.
Speaker 5: And I think it's.
Speaker 2: Disgusting that's a playoff voice there with the coach of the Spurs.
Speaker 6: You can't do it. You can't.
Speaker 3: Now, I know he.
Speaker 2: Wants to side with Wemby, wants to, you know, let him know that he has his back as a coach. You got to make sure that you keep your cool with this. You don't like it happening. You just don't want to lose him because Minnesota benefits greatly because of that. This is why when Wayne Gretzky was doing you know what Wayne Gretzky did Edmonton, all the other teams he played for always had an enforcer. If you're going to bang up Gretzky, Dave Simenko, is Marty McSorley is going to come in and pound your face. Now, you can't do that in basketball. But I would bring in Kelly Olennok and say, Kelly, why don't you rough up Anthony Edwards Accidentally? I can't lose Wemby and I do want to have his back, and I know it's frustrating. And there was a play in a previous game where he got pushed from behind. It's going to happen. Michael Jordan didn't get up and fight people. When the Pistons game plan was to knock Mike to the ground, the best player in the game. They roughed him up, but Mike didn't get up and say I'm going to fight Bill lame Beer.
Speaker 3: Now he probably wanted to.
Speaker 2: But that's where you have players who will do that for you, great players. That's when you know a great player. Somebody throws at your head. You know you've hit two home runs. I'm going to throw inside. I'm going to hit you. I don't like it, but this is what happens. And then that's when your pitcher does that to their star player. You police each other. And I hated to see Wemby getting tossed from that game, but I wouldn't. Now he'll probably be fined then, therefore they'll keep him from being suspended one more game.
Speaker 3: And it's a second.
Speaker 2: Quarter violation, and I think if that was in the fourth quarter now we'd have a real, real discussion here. But you're the Spurs, you're favored. Don't screw this up. You're better than Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvin, the rest looked at that replay a little bit longer than they normally would have. It feels a regular season game. That would have been a quick flagrant two. They did not want to eject him from the game yesterday.
Speaker 2: No, and you don't want to, but you have to in that situation. It was so excessive. You have to do it. You want to see stars be stars, But I can't have you out there after one of their players saw stars because you hit.
Speaker 3: Him in the jaw. You see what I did with that? Thank you? We got hit all stars, Yeah, stars, thank you. Yes, Paul.
Speaker 7: I watched it about a dozen times and as Wemby as getting bounced around and the ball is in play, one of the players that Timberwolves kind of reaches around and hits him in the eye. Not too hard, but he hit him, and he clearly gets in his head and he loads up and swings, and that's the thing. He could have easily not done it. When you see it, it's hard not to call, very hard not to call him.
Speaker 2: Give credit to Anthony Edwards sixteen of his thirty six in the fourth quarter, but Minnesota was down eight points. They come back to win that game. Then you have the Knicks with the seventy six ers New York making eighteen first half three pointers. That ties the record for most first half three pointers in an NBA game, regular season or playoffs. Last time it happened the Cavaliers in twenty sixteen. The Knicks are doing everything right now. You got rest for Og Andnobi if you're going to need that runs in playing at a high level. If anything, you don't want to have two much rest here. But you were too good against Philadelphia, and the story will be about Philadelphia because we tend to put a period at the end of their paragraph this season. And now you look ahead to what do you have here? You got Joe Ellenbiid. Normally that's where you go, okay, great, we got him locked up for three more.
Speaker 3: Years at one hundred and eighty million dollars. You ever take.
Speaker 2: I like the back court, but I don't know, like it's weird to say it, but they're two different teams when Embiid is on the floor and when he's not, and Inbeid put up good numbers. It's just I can't count on him. I can't build around him. Am I going to trade him? We always do this where we go, oh, you know that team will just trade him. Well, then you have to always look at the other side and go, why would you trade for him? If he's not playing for them, he's probably not playing for you. So let me get this straight, expensive and injury prone. Okay, we'll take him. Uh and you know, use correctly. Maybe you know, maybe you can get him for pennies on the dollar. Maybe it's a like a golden state with Steve Kerr coming back two more years.
Speaker 3: Maybe you could.
Speaker 2: Get where you don't rely on him and get that contribution. But if you're Philly moving forward, they had a good year, surprising year, like Paul George, I can't count on him to be better next year. I can't count on him b to be better, Maxi and Edgecombe. I can count on that. Kelly Ubra played pretty well. Yeah, Paul, you.
Speaker 7: Got two more years of Paul George at one hundred and ten million dollars guaranteed.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, yes, Marvin, you.
Speaker 5: Seem so stressed out about the seventy six ers. But do you think this was a successful season, Because if I tell the naked eye, if you just look at that team with the naked eye, like, hey, I have Paul George, I have Tyrese Maxi, I have Joel Embiid, a second round suite by the Knicks. It's not a successful season.
Speaker 2: I don't think people thought that the Sixers would be this good at the end of the season, or at least even get here, because we didn't know about Paul George and we didn't know about Himbiid, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think their odds at the.
Speaker 2: Beginning of the year were twelve to one to win it all, So maybe there were heightened expectations more than I remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, smart, it should be. You see how much they're getting paid.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, but that doesn't there's a lot of guys who get paid who aren't good they're not healthy. It's not about your paycheck. It's Joel Eendiid and Paul George should be good when they're healthy. You know when that when you start your sentence with, you know, the sixers, when they're healthy.
Speaker 3: Okay, stop stop, I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 8: Yes, Dylan, I don't think anyone even had them beating the Celtics, including the city of Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well that was another thing with the tickets.
Speaker 2: You know, Philly fans are going to get slammed because they probably sold their tickets yesterday. If I'm a Philly fan, I sell my tickets like Game four. The reason why they were selling their tickets is they didn't think they were going to win this series.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just a business move. Why is it.
Speaker 2: Teams can have business moves, but a fan can't have a business move.
Speaker 3: Hey, I got a two hundred dollars ticket. You want to give me two grand? Uh? Sure, I'll go to a pub and watch. Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 5: And if you're a Knicks fan, it's cheaper to take the train park, go to the game in Philadelphia, get a hotel room rather than it is just taking a subway and go into the Garden. Those prices are out of control at Madison Square Garden. So why not take a quick train ride or a quick ride to Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Here is Josh Hart, the Knixt Guard, on taking over Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: You were you need a little surprised at how how many of the fans.
Speaker 8: Are non because everybody was bigging for that for Philly Andasta tickets and does so.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: I used to think Philly was a sports town.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it is anymore.
Speaker 2: Man and Josh Hart went to Villanova a little shot there. City of Philadelphia, Flyers get swept, Phillies fire their manager, seventy six ers. He got the Eagles, though you always got the Eagles. Okay, all right, Dylan, which poll question? First down with the program?
Speaker 8: All right, Dan, we got a couple Wembin Yama should be suspended for Game five or all good? He got his punishment.
Speaker 3: M h.
Speaker 8: Do you have a problem with him being injected yesterday?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: No, he needed to be ejected.
Speaker 8: That's gotten dry.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: Look, just because they did something doesn't mean you get to do something.
Speaker 3: And he did.
Speaker 2: Load up the elbow. He had intent. I gotta throw him. I think now it's are you gonna find him and or suspend him. I think he paid the punishment being suspended for most of a playoff game, and I wouldn't suspend him another. But they might find him. Yes, Todd, I was less.
Speaker 10: Surprised he got ejecting, more surprised than he had to be. Explained what that means. A flagrant foul too, though he didn't know that.
Speaker 5: That means he's done for the night. I found out to be very wild.
Speaker 3: What else do you have, dyl Um?
Speaker 8: We could talk a little draft lottery.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna wait, wait, yeah, I'm gonna wait and talk about that because.
Speaker 3: Tanking one.
Speaker 2: Those who tank won paid off and probably the last year that you're going to be able to truly tank. Utah was blatant, blatant. The Wizards finally won something felt bad for A. J. Debonza because he didn't look like he won the lottery yesterday. It's like, Hey, you're not gonna go to Utah where you played your college ball with b Yu.
Speaker 3: You're you're gonna be a Wizard.
Speaker 2: Huh Yep, you're gonna play with him with That's where you start going.
Speaker 6: Who do they got on their team? You know where am.
Speaker 3: I going to Washington. Okay, who did they get Anthony? He didn't play Trey Young?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Who else do they have?
Speaker 3: Don't? Did I have the guy who got punched by Draymond Green? Do they have him?
Speaker 2: All Right, We'll take a break, phone calls, best and worst of the weekend. Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls, and uh, I'll talk a little bit about the lottery coming up after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Hey, this is Jason McIntyre. Join me every weekday morning on my podcast, Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre. This isn't your typical sports pod pushing the same tired narratives down your throat every day. Straight Fire gives you honest opinions on all the biggest sports headlines, accurate stats to help you win big at the sportsbook, and.
Speaker 3: All the best guests.
Speaker 11: Do yourself a favor and listen to Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Basketball coming up tonight, Pistons three and a half point underdogs against the Cavaliers, and the thunder are ten and a half point favorites against the Lakers. Looking at this number for Tuesday night, this according to DraftKings, it feels like the NBA won't be suspending Victor wembin Yama. The Timberwolfsir nine and a half point underdogs against the Spurs. I watched the lottery yesterday. I wouldn't have watched the lottery if PAULI didn't let me know. The lottery was on three o'clock and I went, that's interesting, interesting time. But I'm watching, and all of a sudden I felt bad for aj debansa made six million dollars this year at BYU reportedly, and now he's going to the Wizards. It's one of those where you say see you later, probably won't see in a while.
Speaker 6: It's a real reaction.
Speaker 2: Yes, I actually felt sorry for the kid because I think it was kind of stunned. But imagine that in life. If there was a lottery and we were all waiting to see where we were going to live, where, who we were going to play for, who else is going to be there? It's not the location it's the franchise the Wizards. Now, I go back to when they were the Bullets, and they were a great organization back then, won an NBA championship, wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes, Phil shiney Or had a lot of great players. It's been a while since we've been able to say that.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: The Pacers had the second worst record this season nineteen and sixty three. They traded a top four protected pick for a Vika Subach. He's with the Clippers, and then they just so happened to fall out of the top four, so the pick isn't protected and it goes to the Clippers. So they get Zubac from the Clippers. They gave up two players, two first round picks, and a second round pick. Now here's the problem that I have with this. The Clippers were thirteen and thirty eight when they made the trade. Like, what do you you think you're.
Speaker 3: Going on a run?
Speaker 2: You don't have Haliburton the entire season. That's the biggest problem I have with this. You got thirteen wins, your best players not playing, and you're gonna He's a nice player, but I don't need him now. He's probably would have been available after the season. This everybody knew was a great draft. And you know what this is where you just say, hey, we're not tanking, We're just not going to be a competitive team this year. And you know what, you take the hit, you get a top five pick, and all of a sudden, you turn, you know, turn things around next year.
Speaker 3: This is a great, great day for the Clippers.
Speaker 5: But two first.
Speaker 2: Round picks, a second round pick, a couple of players, and I went, oh my god. And Kevin Pritchard apologized to the fan base. Thank he's the president of Basketball Operations or the GM. But you don't get that too often where he said, hey, you know what we tried didn't work out. And then when you talk about that you need a little bit of luck. I don't want my team relying on luck.
Speaker 3: I like skill.
Speaker 2: You know, call me old fashioned, but I like skill not I don't know. I hope we get lucky. I mean I said that in high school. Thank you, thank you, And turns out I did as well as the Pacers did.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dylan, what about.
Speaker 8: It's better to be lucky than good, well or neither. In this case, I want to be good.
Speaker 2: Your luck runs out, As they say, but with the Pacers and you're going you got thirteen wins and now you're going to.
Speaker 6: Make this deal.
Speaker 3: You weren't going to be competitive. What do I know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do think this is the last year of truly tanking. And look, Memphis tanked, Utah blatantly tanked, Wizards tanked. They all benefited from this. What if you just said, whenever you're eliminated from the postseason, then you go into the lottery. Everybody gets the same odds. All the teams that don't make the playoffs get the same chances. You get one chance to go first, second, third, on down. Now, I don't know if the commissioner would go for that, Probably not, But that way you take out tanking because it's like, all right, you're bad, and maybe you start to develop players while you're getting ready for next season and you're going to be in the lottery.
Speaker 3: Yes, hun, it could help.
Speaker 10: With the tanking issue. But then there's always that team or two that they're just naturally terrible, and you can blame the GM or the front office, but that's those teams that need to be built up somehow a little bit. They're obviously gonna suffer because they weren't tanking. They're just naturally awful.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then you get better, I mean, or you shouldn't be in the job. Like I can't sit here and go, well you're bad again. Here you go, Well you're bad again, Here you go. I mean, Utah was sitting Jaron Jackson Junior the third and Laurie Markinen in the fourth quarter, and Marketen is a really good player, like they were doing it. They got fined five hundred thousand dollars by the NBA. Now it's not the fine, it's the embarrassment of you guys are tanking right in front of us. I mean, this is manipulating a game when you think about it. I'm not saying they're throwing a game, but it's in the ballpark of this because I'm gonna I'm gonna sit my two best players in a game that week and win. I mean, imagine in in any sport where you go, you know what, why are you sitting here? Why is Patrick Mahomes sitting in the fourth quarter? You know, we just got to protect him.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 2: That's where I'd come down really hard on Utah. I mean, five hundred thousand dollars is nothing. But there might be like a ceiling of how much you can find a team for sitting players.
Speaker 6: Yes, Pauli, it's not throwing a game. That word doesn't work here.
Speaker 7: But it's not like Lori Markenen had an ankle spring that was light and they said he's out for the next month, and that's organizational tanking. This was a game where they had a small lead going into the fourth quarter and the coaching staff or management or both said we're going to do our best to not win this game. How's that much different.
Speaker 2: I know I don't like it, but that's I mean, the NBA has got a couple of problems. Load management is one, tanking is one, and those are really really important, certainly the load management, but tanking and look, teams have done this throughout history, but they weren't latant. I mean the Cavs tanked for Lebron. Somebody was on the coaching staff said hey, look we had you know, instructions.
Speaker 3: Here, and mission accomplished. They got Lebron.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you can figure out a way to try to mitigate, you know, the damage of you've mailed it in, unless you say, you know, when the seventy six ers had the process. I'm like, Okay, you guys have an idea that you're not going to be good for a few years. Let the fan base know and you meet them halfway. How about we charge you in accordance to how well we play. How about that a novel approach. Here, we play great, tickets are going to be more expensive. We don't play great.
Speaker 3: Come on in. We still want you to come out and see our players.
Speaker 8: Yes, doing I mean tanking like by definition, is throwing the game. You're trying not to win the game. When, however, you managed to do that even if, like like PAULI said, you have a small lead and then you start sitting guys like, if if anyone in the organization was caught having money on the game, that you go to prison because they'd be like, you fix this game for doing that exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, we I don't like to use fixing a game, but you kind of are fixing the opportunity for the other team to win the game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Do you're intentionally trying to generate an unfavorable result that you have control over? Yeah, Like, I mean, obviously it's not apples to apples but they are very much in the same.
Speaker 3: Their living room. Yeah, they're in the same fruit salad exactly.
Speaker 8: They're the honeydew melon of the fruit salad.
Speaker 2: We'll get phone calls best and worst of the weekend? What you saw that you liked, you didn't like? Eight seven to seven three DP show Lucas and Texas. I Luke, what's on your mind? Hey day, good morning, good morning. Just wanted to hit with a quick best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 6: A best.
Speaker 12: It wasn't all just the men's basketball. The WNBA kicked off and I watched probably the highest percentage of an entire WNBA game that I have at least a couple of years. It was the Fever and the Wings, and it was just a great game, back and forth. There's a ton of playmakers on both teams that came down to a final shot that just barely missed out on the Fever's chance. So just a great experience. I had a couple of family members that never watched a WNBA that were kind of like, oh, wow, they're really good. It was just a lot of fun. I think it could be a good year on the WNVA side. My worst and I hate to tell this to Fritzy. I think we need to actually just admit that our astros are actually bad this year. That pitching staff is awful. They're wasting a good offense. So it's just never fun early on in a season realizing that your team might be one of the real stinkers of the season. So definitely a worst but it'll all balance out.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thank you, Lucas. They're not Todds astros. Tod's astros are from the eighties.
Speaker 8: That is a fact.
Speaker 9: That is fair.
Speaker 3: You would be a faux fan.
Speaker 10: I like the old uniforms with the rainbow stripes, and I like the Saysosidango's, Ninos Cabell's and Bob.
Speaker 3: Watson, Zach and Knoxville.
Speaker 6: Hi, Zach.
Speaker 9: Adip, thanks for taking my call. Best of the weekend was Anthony Edwards. I know he's not considered the best player in the game, but to me, the most exciting to watch and worst of the weekend. I'm glad he was a happy and healthy baby. But Lamello Ball naming his son La one Ball. That nickname's already taken. That's what the French called Lance Armstrong.
Speaker 2: As my mom would say to all of her children. When we had children, you have them, you name them. She never questioned any name. Now we didn't have any crazy names, but you know, there there should be somebody when you put in the paperwork for a name. There should be like a judge, Judy and I'm Budsman there to say, let's let's talk this one out a little bit here. Yes, Marvin, we.
Speaker 5: Gotta start canter about our future. We got to care about our kids.
Speaker 3: It's all about the kids. The one ball, one ball, No.
Speaker 5: One said that, no one. When my wife was pregnant, we literally said the full name, just all right, this sounds good. Yeah, Hey, the one LeVar ball No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the one ball yeah, yes, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 8: At that point, is it kind of on the responsibility of the doctor to be like, guys, it's your kid, but the doctor's not there.
Speaker 3: Who's someone asked to be who's there? The nurses there?
Speaker 2: The nurse then, yeah, the doctor's gone, he's got other things to do. He's not going, Hey, let's just sit around and think up name.
Speaker 13: I haven't given birth yet before, Dan, Yes, DoD I don't understand like coming up with a unique or odd name where you could even have your kid get picked on or you spell it in a strange way.
Speaker 10: Does that somebody you're hoping your kid in the future is going to become this creative, special, unique person because they have a unique, odd name.
Speaker 5: Like, what is the motivation for doing that?
Speaker 6: Is my question?
Speaker 5: What do you think it is?
Speaker 6: I have no idea.
Speaker 10: It has to be that, right, If I come up with a unique, weird name, he's going to be a unique, special kid an adult because he's so different than everybody with his weird, cool name.
Speaker 3: I mean, say a lo to Hollywood.
Speaker 2: It's like, if you're not naming your son or daughter something different than, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 8: Yes, Dylan, I mean I've always said Todd, no disrespect, but naming a baby Todd was always funny to me.
Speaker 9: Love it.
Speaker 5: It's grown on, man, I don't love it.
Speaker 3: Or Harry Harry, Harold, Yeah, George.
Speaker 8: There's not a lot of Harold's and George's getting named these days though.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: But it's you know, it'll come around.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like fashion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's all cyclical. But I remember when we were naming my son and we're gonna name after my dad, and its name is going to be Jack, and then my mother in law was not having it. She goes, that's not a baby's name. I'm not calling him that, and I said, well, then don't call him anything. And then, you know, my wife gets a phone call from you know, the hospital bed and she's like, you know, her mom's ranting about me, not you know, being nice to her about the name we gave my son.
Speaker 3: She's like, put Dan on the.
Speaker 2: Phone and I'm She goes, I can't deal with this now, Okay. I said, all right, okay, don't worry about it. He'll grow into a grown up's name. Yes, doing.
Speaker 8: I feel like Jack's pretty like that's pretty basic. I mean it's not like uh l one or anything like that. Also, Jack Patrick has a nice ring to it.
Speaker 3: Well Jackson.
Speaker 2: It's a strong name, but it's not crazy, No, not at all. And then my mother in law wanted to call him Johnny, like John Johnny. I go, no, no, And then I go, well, then let's call him Saint Johnny. And then she was like, why would you do that? I said, never mind, it's a sports name, calling Mullen. Yes, then you know I love this topic off the ball name. Solomon Ball is the point guard for Yukon basketball, he goes by solo ball.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I would definitely stick with Solomon in that situation. That's an easy fix, all right. Another topic you mentioned having an ombudsman at the UH at the place so when no one leaves, no hospital, Yeah, the hospital. I grew up with a girl named April Showers. Great girl friend of mine, but they named her April Showers and that's a tough one growing up.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And lastly, most popular boy's name and girl's name in America. I had the list for twenty twenty five. You want to take a sh shot it.
Speaker 2: I think you should wait. Okay, because I got the play of the day. More phone calls and we'll get to that right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 5: Oh my God, the.
Speaker 6: Day, My God. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 1: Check this out now.
Speaker 3: Drisdell can't get it.
Speaker 1: Pass later he gets it.
Speaker 3: The hall call whips it across Wake.
Speaker 14: With a shot, Priscus Pit's over series over Jepson play Whin's it had over time.
Speaker 3: Let's Curtsey Hurricanes Radio Network.
Speaker 2: Three of the four previous teams open a playoff run with eight consecutive wins have gone on to win the Stanley Cup. That's your play of the day. Play of the day has been helping, well, it's tire Rack. They've been helping you find the right tires for how and what and where you drive, ship fast and free back by free roode hazard Protection, Mobile tire installation. Ask about that. A lot of convenient installation options, including that tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be. I saw where Josh Hart of the Knicks has a commercial. Karl Anthony Towns has a commercial. Karl Anthony Towns has a cameo in the Devilwares product too. It's great being a New York Nick when the Knicks are good. Marvin was saying this to me. He goes who was more famous, John Starks or Mitch Richmond. I said, not even close. John Starks. Now Mitch is a better player, but John Starks plan for the Knicks. Knicks were playoff team. It's like when you're with the Cowboys, you're famous. Other players are great, but you're famous. Duke basketball, you're famous yes, Marv.
Speaker 5: Like Notre Dame is in that same category. Great player, Notre Dame really famous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Paul, if you most wanted to not be famous, which is an all gread line, what NBA team would you play for if you most wanted to hide out?
Speaker 3: Uh, Sacramento would be up there.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, I have a soft spot in my heart for Sacramento. I do watch their games.
Speaker 3: I do. I somebody has to and I do watch though.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's why I feel like Chris Weber's underrated, only because he made Sacramento relevant and they were on national TV weekend and week out.
Speaker 3: Bad team was really good though.
Speaker 5: Oh I know, but it started with the Chris Webber trade. Yeah, Matrician and it's like man Sacramento and he turned them into a contender.
Speaker 8: Yes, dying, Yeah, it's funny. A few years ago. Okay, see would have been a great place to hide out for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it might still be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Chad Holmgren as a commercial with SGA.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If they're getting too many national ones they win another title, then maybe I don't like when we try to force somebody into being popular or because there are times when I'll see a commercial and I'll go, I don't know who that is, but they must be a social media influencer. And then I'll ask my daughters, like, who is that? And then they'll go, you don't know, you know whoever? I'll go, No, I don't, but I'll find out, all right. Paulie, before the commercial break, said most popular baby names in the United States twenty twenty five. LaMelo Ball and his partner had a child who named him.
Speaker 3: One ball.
Speaker 6: They did do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so, Yeah, low one ball.
Speaker 2: Don't you have to do LA two ball or you know, maybe a three point specialist, like a LA three in the side pocket?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Todd lay eight ball?
Speaker 6: Careful?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, have a couple of meetings there, all right. The most popular boy's name.
Speaker 7: We're gonna start with girls. Oh, girls first, Okay, all right, I'm gonna give you a hint. Okay, the number one name in America last year for a girl baby obviously four years in a row, Champion, this is the four straight year.
Speaker 6: Okay, would like a shot.
Speaker 3: Marvin's got his hand up already.
Speaker 5: Amelia.
Speaker 7: No, that's seventh day, Yes, Tod, check that. Amilia's fourth Todd Caitlin not on the list. Wow, Kendall not in the top ten.
Speaker 3: About what is in my household?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 8: Yes, del Ashley, but spelt like a dumb way like L E, I, G H or something like that.
Speaker 6: No, and no, not in the top ten. I'll give you some hints.
Speaker 7: Sophia Evelyn, Isabella, Mia, Sophia, Amelia, Emma, Charlotte and the number one is the last guests for.
Speaker 6: The fourth straight year. Olivia is number one.
Speaker 3: Olivia Tyler likes that name. Olivia.
Speaker 6: Oh jeez, you gotta give me a warning.
Speaker 2: Our former cleaning lady the name was Olivia Tyler called her live.
Speaker 3: That was his lib tour.
Speaker 9: Have to run right now?
Speaker 3: Oh you're gonna run me?
Speaker 6: You're a bro code violation?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, what's up? Ty boys? Names?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: Okay? Top ten. Here's a hint.
Speaker 7: A lot of these names almost seem European or British.
Speaker 3: Including the top one, Francis.
Speaker 7: I don't have Francis all right, Marvin Liam Liam is number one overall?
Speaker 3: Oh who would else?
Speaker 6: Who would like to go for two, three or four?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: Dylan Jalen Jalen not in the top Tenay, yes, Henry Henry is fifth. A couple of hints look at Lucas William Matteo making its debut on the Ace Spot, Elijah James Theodore, and then there's two more. Jack Jack is falling out of the top ten. Yeah for the first time, Damny.
Speaker 3: Okay, Dylan did.
Speaker 6: Not make it. Oliver is third, hast Eater and Noah is second.
Speaker 2: Noah Noah, Hey, thanks Ball, Uh Billy and Iowa, Hi Billy.
Speaker 3: What's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Good morning Dan, Thanks for taking my call into the crew as well. I love watching you on Peacock. I have a best and the worst. I have a personal best, and then a quick question, Okay, best seeing the Timberwolves play and seeing that Illinois flavor that they have is really awesome. But they can continue that. The Sixers the worst? My gosh, I didn't expect them to win the series, but win a game. A personal best. Today is the thirtieth anniversary of me and my bride Jennifer to be married, so I love that, love her to death. And then I also sent a show the show an email on me for twentieth I hope you got a chance to read it. I went through a major medical thing and you guys were there to help me deal in the recovery. I'm kind of on the other side of it, but I'm doing taking care of a thing, and I just wanted to get my appreciation and thanks to the show.
Speaker 2: Well, happy anniversary, and thank you Billy, thank you for sharing. Michael and Nashville. Hey Mike, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Hey Dan how's it going.
Speaker 15: The other day, I was thinking, when the show ends, I thought it would be kind of a cool idea if you and the dan Ettz thought we could that y'all could host a really big party for everybody going away and like sell tickets to the event.
Speaker 14: It seems like everybody could all say kind of.
Speaker 15: Goodbye together, and I thought it'd be kind of cool to meet some of the regulars like James and Virginia, Gus and Lambuda.
Speaker 12: I was curious what you guys thought about that.
Speaker 2: Well, somebody came to me and said, what about a cruise? And we all got on a cruise, and then we invited people to get on a cruise. But given what's going on with cruises right now, probably not a good thing. But yeah, I was broached with the possibility of hosting a cruise. I don't know where we're going, and I don't so but they were like, oh, yeah, you could have like five days and then you know, you could have a musical guests.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marvin, what.
Speaker 5: About one big live show in like a theater like a Q and A.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought the retirement is less.
Speaker 5: Work for me, I said before twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'll get you. Don't take it under consideration probably means no.
Speaker 5: Do what you want to do.
Speaker 2: Todd is in the confessional coming up. If you're watching on Peacock one hour of the Books on this Monday, Best and Worst of the weekend.
Speaker 3: More phone calls coming up right after this