Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Sloan and I know basketball. Today's guest is about to begin his third year in the league. His journey from high school basketball in Illinois to attending Michigan State University to being drafted by the Lakers is a story you won't want to miss. Let's get to know Max Christie. So, Max, I'm sixteen, and I want to know what Max Christie was like at sixteen. So to start off, when you were sixteen years old, what was your game like sixteen?
Speaker 3: I was I think I was a sophomore in high school. Yeah, okay, was my game? Like I would say it was very more like perimeter based, Like I'm shooting a lot of threes and I'm kind of in the mid range too, But I wasn't really like getting to the rim that much. But I was like really frail. I wasn't like super strong, wasn't I was hall but I wasn't like as tall as I am now. So definitely more based on the perimeter, not really banging down low. So that's that's what I was.
Speaker 2: Was the NBA possibility when you were sixteen or that was just like very far.
Speaker 3: No, that was a possibility for sure. I think sixteen is actually kind of like my sophomoreyear my junior high school was like when I was starting to like really gain some attention nationally. So it was definitely a possibility. I was. I was getting up there as I got older, and starting at sixteen.
Speaker 1: I saw you score fifty eight points fifty two fifty two. Yeah, that must have been crazy. What was the reaction like when you went to school next day?
Speaker 3: I think that was on a Friday, but next the next Monday. I mean, it wasn't like anything crazy.
Speaker 1: But really I would think people would freak out.
Speaker 3: I mean a little bit. I mean I got some like compliments from a bunch of yeah, yeah, but it wasn't anything crazy.
Speaker 2: So when you were sixteen, were you a Bulls fan or what was your favorite mbat?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I've been a Bulls fan. Not as much anymore now obviously, but that's still like, you know, my team agree.
Speaker 2: Playing though in Chicago still a surreal feeling for you, one hundred percent. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You have so many family and friends that come out, so the ticket situation is always ridiculous. But playing in the United Center, like growing up, I've been to like one or two games and then watching him on TV, so it's cool to like actually be down there and playing against him.
Speaker 1: Who was your favorite NBA player growing up?
Speaker 3: Kevin Durant for sure. Ever since when he was on okay see with like Russ and James and all those guys, and Scott Brooks who's one of our assistants now he's the head coach at the time, I've been a huge fan of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this doesn't really have to do with you being sixteen, but I'm a little confused. So it says online that your name is Cormac Carl. How'd you get Max from Cormack Carl?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So okay, so Cormack car is my real name. I'm a junior. So my dad has the same name as me, but I think it was so my great grandmother his his grandma used to it's like the Mac at the end, he just she just wishes to a Max. Yeah. It just kind of rolls off the tongue. Huh, like Mac Christie is.
Speaker 1: Just like, okay, so you liked Max matter, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I've just kind of adopted that.
Speaker 1: Does your dad also go by Max or he goes by.
Speaker 3: No, he goes by Max. We all, yeah, we all call him that Max.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, who was your idol growing up?
Speaker 2: Maybe not in a basketball sense, but more like familiar or a teacher or something like that.
Speaker 3: It's good question, I think. I think definitely, I mean my parents. It's kind of cliche, but my dad for sure going up, he taught me and my younger brother Cam how to play basketball, and he was always like super like, you know, getting your work in all the time. And my mom was, on the other hand, more so about like academics and making sure you're taking care of yourself off the floor and being respectful to other people. And so both of them helped me and Cam to be who we are now, and so without them, obviously I would both of us would be where we're at.
Speaker 1: So totally. What was your first interaction with a pro athlete?
Speaker 2: I've seen I feel like I see this online all the time, this like misconception that your dad is Doug Christie, but it's not.
Speaker 1: So what was your first interaction?
Speaker 3: I think I don't think he was a pro. Uh, he wasn't a pro at the time, I think, But no, he was Brunson, Jalen Brunson. He's we're kind of from the same area, sort of well, he's he went to high school in Stevenson, which is pretty close to where I'm from, and so we both lift, you know, back in home. We have the both both same trainers and so like you know, sometimes we came in at the same time. But that was my first time I interacting with like a pro athlete, and it was it was pretty cool. It surreal obviously as a young kid like I was like aspiring to be where he was at one day and now he's an All Star and we're both in the league now, so it's cool to see.
Speaker 1: How have you guys talked about it since or I.
Speaker 3: Mean not really. We see each other every now and then, but we talk about how our experiences are going.
Speaker 2: That's cool, Okay, So next I want to know if it seems like obviously you're really good in high school se and you were going to make the league, but if not, what do you think you would.
Speaker 1: Have done when you grew up?
Speaker 3: I would have been a pilot.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So my dad's an airline plot for Delta. He flies. He flies the Airbus three nineteen through twenty through twenty one. So I'm a big playing guy, like I know a decent amount about planes for the average person, and they're just pretty fast.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I think, like if someone had to ask me the job that I would least likely want to do, I think I would answer I don't like flying.
Speaker 3: I love flying. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Like you when turbulence happens, you're relaxed, you're calming, like, yeah, everybody thinks it's like the plane's not just going to like fall out the sky.
Speaker 1: I know, but I think that it's hard to tell yourself that that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Is the team playing cool? What's that like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's cool. It's so it's a big seven fifty seven. It's like it's a long plane because we got a lot of people traveling, and we all sit in the front. It's like the first class area.
Speaker 1: You've never flown it, you should.
Speaker 3: No, I've been in the cockpit a few times. It's pretty cool. But it's cool. I mean, the players usually sit in the front side, and then you got you know, the coaches and the training staff and the wayroom staff in the back. But it's cool. We obviously the big thing in the NBA is we all play cards. Yeah, I try to stay out of it. Sometimes they reel me in. But it's cool just to be around those conversations, especially with the team that we had. You know, we got Brian and Ad some of the stories that they were telling because they've been the league for a while. So it's cool just being around that table, and they have wine. I don't drink, but it's cool just to kind of be around those conversations and pick up some little tidbits and knowledge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I'd love to be sitting in one day.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I'll get invited one now. Okay, so now I want to move on to your college decision. So Max, you went to Michigan State and you had offers from schools like Duke, Illinois, Michigan, et cetera.
Speaker 1: How did you choose Michigan State? One went into that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was around when COVID was happening in Michigan State was the only official visit I took. So you get five officials I think in your junior senior year, and my senior was when COVID was starting to happen and Michigan State was gonna be my first official because that was kind of like the number one on my list. I wanted to go there first, and the visit went super smooth. I went to a really good game. It's when Michigan State player House State for the Big Ten title. Cassius Winston and Xavier Tillman and all those guys were there, so I felt like I bonded with the team. Well, I felt like you kind of get that feeling when you go to a college and you're kind of just like, yeah, I want I want to be here. Yeah, And so that played a huge factor into it. And then two like that's when COVID happened. So after that official visit, COVID like shut everything done. You couldn't really go on visits anymore. Everything else is done over zoom. So Michigan State was only like authentic experience. I got like being there. So that, yeah, kind of they had an unfair advantage, but it was worth it.
Speaker 2: Later in the episode, we're gonna have some fun Michigan State questions, So get ready for that. What do you think is the biggest difference between your game in high school and college and your game now?
Speaker 3: I think now, I think not a lot more versatile. I think in high school and even college I was pretty ball dominant, especially in high school. I have the ball in my hands all the time. College is a transition period for me where I played off the ball a lot, in the corner, in spacing off the ball, and that was that was tough for me at first. And then now you know, in the NBA we got guys like Bron and Ad and Ar and DLA. They're going to be handing the ball most of the time. And so my ability to be versatile off the ball, set screens, you know, shoot threes, crash the boards, cut you know, all sorts of stuff. So I think I'm a lot more versatile now than I was a few years ago. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've mentioned Lebron and Ad a few times, and I want to know what your sixteen year old self would say now knowing that Lebron James and Anthony Davis.
Speaker 1: Are your teammates.
Speaker 3: What do you think. Yeah, he would be Uh, he would be super surprised, for sure. I don't think anybody like really plans for that. No, I didn't plan on being on the Lakers one hundred percent for sure. That was super cool on Draft night. Yeah, he'd just be super surprised, super happy. One thing I always try to think about when I'm kind of going about my daily business is you know, what would my old self think, kind of like make your younger self proud. So that's kind of what I do throughout my daily basis.
Speaker 1: Once you got drafted, what was your first interaction with Lebron.
Speaker 3: I remember this was this after summer League, so kind of like around this time now, a couple of years ago. I just finished like working out in the weight room and I was still like pretty skinny and not as strong at the time. So my strength coach had given me like a bunch of like protein and you know, all this creatine and weight gaining stuff. I had it all in my hand. And Brian had just finished working out. This was like at six thirty in the morning, and he was coming off the court into the weight room and I never met him before, and I have all this stuff in my hand. He's coming over to like debt me up, and I got to like send everything down and then obviously I shook his hand and it was cool. He's saying like congrats, you know, welcome to the team and stuff like that. So it was a surreal feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure it was all right.
Speaker 2: So now we talked about you at sixteen, and now I want to go into a little bit about you now.
Speaker 1: So what was your welcome to the league moment?
Speaker 3: I think my rookie year, I said, I've told this story before. My rookie were in Phoenix and I'm guarding Chris Paul and we guys out like bronze out, I think eighties. Everybody's kind of out, so it's my chance to play. And regarding Chris Paul when he was on the Suns, he hit me with like a really like really good like crossover and I was just I was lost, like I was, I was all over the place, and he scored, and I'm running back down to the corner where their bench is at and like behind me, I'm like the young rookie and they're all like chirping me up and talking trash. So that was that was a funny moment. Was pretty embarrassing, But that's like kind of like my my welcome to thee Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you just finished or you're going into year three, what was your highlight of year two? Because I feel like rookie year obviously, stuff like that happens. But then once you get into year two, you're a little bit more experienced. You know what to expect. What was the best part of it?
Speaker 3: Best like play? I would say for year two, we played Miami at home. I had a nice dunk on Bam Auto Bio. He was first team All NBA. He's in the Olympics, or first team All Defense. He's in the Olympics now. So that's a pretty good uh dunk to have on my resume. Another one too, Draymond, my fellow sparnat, I dunked on him in Golden State. That was a good one. I'll be making sure he hears about that next time I see him.
Speaker 1: Well, you know he's he's involved. So Draymond's going to hear that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: So the Lakers just hired JJ Reddick. Yeah, what excites you most about being able to play for him?
Speaker 3: Well, the thing with JJ's he's super he's super smart. He just got out the league. You know, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: He wasn't you never opened right, No, Yeah, but yeah, he's super young, he's super smart.
Speaker 3: He's obviously one of the best shooters ever played the game. And I think for me, personally. I think our games are not necessarily similar, but we have some traits. Obviously, he was a big movement shooter. I think I can do the same. And I've already connected with him a bunch when we're in Vegas for Summer League. We've golfed together. He's a big golfer, so so am I. But I think he's just coming in with a lot of intensity. He's eager to win, and you can kind of see that, you know, with him and then even with the coaching staff that obviously he's put together. I think it's gonna be a good year for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I'm excited to see.
Speaker 2: All Right, So your brother Cam was just drafted to the Clippers. When the Lakers play the Clippers, who are your parents going to root for? Because I just I mean, I know that my parents would have a hard time picking, but they would probably ultimately pick me.
Speaker 3: But that's a good question. I think I don't know what they're gonna wear. I think one's gonna wear Laker jersey, WANs wear a Clipper jersey. That's what I would assume. But I mean, I think they're gonna root for both of us. Yeah, I think they're gonna have to find that fine line. But it's gonna be cool. That first game is gonna be sick, especially in their new arena whenever we played there. It's gonna be cool. And now we're wearing the same number. So that jersey stop is gonna be tough too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure there's a guy on Instagram. I've seen that like does jerseys where he splits them down the middle and like sews them together. I think your parents one of those. On the topic of your brother, what advice have you given him before his rookie year.
Speaker 3: I'd say the biggest thing for him, and just rookies in general, I think is doing all the little things. It's it's simple, but it's it's lost kind of an NBA. Be on time, work hard, you know, don't be high maintenance. You know, all sorts of stuff. Once you get paid, like Lebron and ad and superstars, you can kind of you have the rules change is you know, it's just the way it works. Yeah, as a rookie coming in, you have very small room for error, So don't be late, like, don't add on to that, you know, don't skip workouts, like just don't just be on time. Be professional. It's simple, it really is, but it sounds simple, but it's lost kind of in the NBA today. So that's the biggest thing for rookie. So I've been telling him that just be be a pros pro be professional. It's not that hard.
Speaker 1: Could you guys believe that you had like you both got drafted to LA that's so lucky.
Speaker 3: And we talked about We talked about the scenario and my mom actually spoken into existence on draft night, which is cool. Yeah, but we've talked about it. We didn't believe it would happen. Obviously the chance has been happening are so slim, but it worked out the way.
Speaker 1: Do you want to maybe play with him one day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. We played together in high school for two years and that was awesome. So trying to do that again hopefully.
Speaker 2: Sure, see what happens all right in the next five years. Who is going to be the face of the league and.
Speaker 3: Why next five years? Max Christie, I mean I would say that, but I mean sure, but we'll say we'll say I think Wenby is gonna be He's gonna be up there. Yeah, we got a lot of and Shae Wemby and Edwards. We've got a lot of guys that are super young and on the younger side of the spectrum and they're coming up, so it's gonna be cool. Hopefully I'm a part of that group eventually, So it'snna be super cool when they when they take over.
Speaker 2: For sure, who's an underrated player in the league currently that you want to show up.
Speaker 3: To underrated player in the league. That's a good question too, man. I would say, I don't know if he's necessarily underrated. But Drew Holliday and Derek White, both of them actually for the Celtics, they play such pivotal roles. Obviously you got the main like Scores and Geelen Brown and Jason Tatum, but Derek White and Drew Holliday defensively are the best of the best in the NBA. And then offensively they're just they're like Swiss army knives. They can do everything. You know, They're so versatile, they play off a close out as well, they shoot the three well, they finish like there's just they're just awesome. So you know, I study filming a lot of them, So no, I like that answer.
Speaker 2: Drews Slow knows Alum and everyone says Drew Holiday. And someone wrote in my comments, why don't you ask someone who's the most underrated player in the league that isn't Drew Holiday.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna do that now. I want you to give me another answer. Let's see you can think of.
Speaker 3: Huh. I think Nasri was a sixth Man of the Year. He's I mean for his size, everyone loves yeah, yeah, yeah, for his size, Like, I really respect his game. He's so versatile at his size to be able to move like a guard, finish at the rim. He's got a lot of wiggle to him and he could shoot. He was shooting it really well in the playoffs towards the end of season two. So he's a problem when he's shooting it well and at his size, he's just he's just difficult to guard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw that there was a tattoo shop in Minnesota that said that they would give out free.
Speaker 1: Nosey the grandma.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: That was crazy.
Speaker 2: I may have to get a Max Christie tattoo. Maybe I just start getting tattoos of everyone who comes on.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, okay, who is your favorite w NBA players?
Speaker 3: I think a cliche answer is Caitlyn Clark. I mean she's been really really good. Yeah, if I had to pick someone else other than Kaylyn Clark, I like Kelsey Plumb a lot. I think her knows alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're naming so many, Max at that crazy this is perfect.
Speaker 3: But yeah, she's super good. Obviously that ACES team is really really good. They got Asia and Kelsey and Chelsea Gray and they're really good. So it's cool to watch her kind of be the floor general. She finishes at the room so well, she can shoot it, so it's cool.
Speaker 2: Totally Okay, So Max and I are recording this interview in the middle of the Olympics, so the first or the sort of round robin at the beginning has just ended, and I'm curious. You know, Steve Cursben changing around the starting five a lot for USA basketball. If you were the coach, who would be your USA basketball starting five?
Speaker 3: Bron and Ady are starting teammates, so they got to start Steph at the one, D book at the two and Katie at the four. So Steph one D Book two, Bron three, Katie four eighty five.
Speaker 2: Though obviously I get why Katie is starting him coming off the bench is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough for teams, like you said, demoralizing really, so maybe you handle the first wave of the starters. Then you got Katie and Ann Edwards and Drew and.
Speaker 1: Emb like I mean, that's just a team that no one can be. Yeah, okay, what did you buy with your first NBA check?
Speaker 3: The only big purchase I've really ever made with my money is a Tesla new car. That's that's really about. I don't really spend it on ever spent on jewelry or shoes. I mean, I guess some like cool T shirts and style and stuff like that, but I'm not big on like watches and shades and Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you had any teammates that have had like crazy first check person.
Speaker 3: I don't know about any first check ones, but you know, especially as guys when they accumulate the moneys they've been in the league longer, they got some really nice stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. All right.
Speaker 2: So now we're gonna move into the rapid fire section of slow notes.
Speaker 1: So we got to go fast. We got to be a fish in let's get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is your favorite clothing brandlo ooh, that's I did not think you were going to say that that's such a good answer.
Speaker 1: I also love Alo. What's your post game cheat meal?
Speaker 3: Cheat meal? Cheeseburger and fries from from shakescheck mm.
Speaker 1: Shakeshack best Fries. Maybe that's like a sleeper take, but.
Speaker 3: I look up there. It's up there. Frest Burger. In my opinion, I like the buns. Yeah, yeah, they're good.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite restaurant in.
Speaker 3: La Mastros and Malibu?
Speaker 1: What is your favorite food?
Speaker 3: Cheeseburger and fries?
Speaker 1: Okay, every time. If you could go to dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
Speaker 3: Kobe Bryant?
Speaker 1: What would you eat at the dinner? Cheeseburger and fries.
Speaker 3: No, I'd get a steak.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's a little fancy. Who is your favorite athlete growing up?
Speaker 3: Kevin Durant?
Speaker 2: If you had to make the Olympics for one sport that isn't basketball, what would it be?
Speaker 3: We had to conversation this morning. Actually, really, I don't think i'd be good at any sport right now. If I had to compete the only thing, I mean golf probably, and I'd still place last year.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I feel bad because maybe this is like a hater mindset. But like yesterday I was watching badminton, and I understand that they're amazing, but I was like, I feel like if I trained to badminton, I could do it.
Speaker 1: Like it's badminton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's wrong. I don't even know what it's called. That thing is moving fast, it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, I know, but then it like stops in the air. It's weird. What is your favorite NBA city to play in? That is in La Boston? Why?
Speaker 3: That rivally is awesome? Those games are sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What is your favorite movie?
Speaker 3: Straight out of Compton?
Speaker 1: What is your favorite TV show?
Speaker 3: Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones?
Speaker 1: Okay? What is your favorite video game?
Speaker 3: I'm a Nintendo guy. I'm a huge legend of Zel the series fan.
Speaker 1: I've heard about it. I mean like I don't know how to play, but like I heard it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's huge for me.
Speaker 1: Do you play two K? No, So you've never played with yourself?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like that really defines someone in that player is have you do you play with yourself?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 1: Do you have any hidden talents?
Speaker 2: Mmm?
Speaker 3: I mean golf sort of. I've been getting a lot better at that.
Speaker 1: So who is your favorite musical artist.
Speaker 3: That's a good question. Top three most listened that I listened to is Drake, J Cole and.
Speaker 2: Scissa Spotify or Apple Music Apple Music No really interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been getting hate for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. Describe your style.
Speaker 3: In one word quiet?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: What is your guilty pleasure.
Speaker 3: Song song Passion Fruit by Drake?
Speaker 1: I like the song. Favorite ice cream.
Speaker 3: Flavor mm hm, cookies and cream or mint chocolate chip?
Speaker 1: Okay, mind chip? Same And I get so much hate and I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Why says it tastes like ice or ice cream.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. It's by far the best. What is your favorite on the court sneaker?
Speaker 3: Kobe's Kobe Six's to be exact, it's so hard to get. Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 1: Do you have like a plug? What is your favorite off the court sneaker?
Speaker 3: That's a good question. I wear easy slides a ton all the time that I have on right now. I made. I bought them in my freshman year in college, and it's like that's the same thing. I never no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: They never like ripped haear and they're so easy to clean. Like, yeah, I'm always wearing that.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite candy Skittles? Who is the most famous person in your contacts?
Speaker 3: Lebron James?
Speaker 1: Who is your celebrity lookalike? Oh?
Speaker 3: What is this? Someone says that people say I look like Russell Wilson and obviously COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't actually wait, I was just gonna say I don't see Russell Wilson thing, and then I like looked at you and I actually really see that now.
Speaker 3: My grandparents say that. And then Kobay has been the biggest one. Yeah since I've been here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. And then lastly, what is your favorite podcast?
Speaker 3: Uh? Slow nose podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeh okay, that's what I thought. If it was another answer, that'd be bad. Okay.
Speaker 2: So now we're gonna play a game where I'm gonna say a word and you're gonna tell me an NBA player or current NBA player that comes to minds all right, Defense.
Speaker 3: Drew Holliday, i Q, Lebron James, Clutch, Kevin Durant, Aura, Steph.
Speaker 1: Curry, veteran Lebron James, vision.
Speaker 3: Vision, Luca instincts. Jokic has good instincts. He just sees people like crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So now you know, high school superlatives, right, like, for instance, for those people who don't know, it's in the high school yearbooks, right when it talks about who's the most likely did this, who's the most likely we're going to do that?
Speaker 1: But with the Lakers, are you excited?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who is the best cook on the team?
Speaker 3: Cook?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Everybody has chefs, so yeah, I cook a little bit, soret.
Speaker 1: Who is the best golfer?
Speaker 3: Austin reefs?
Speaker 1: You're not going to say yourself.
Speaker 3: I'm not as good. I'm getting though, I'm getting there.
Speaker 1: Who would you want to be your stylist?
Speaker 3: Vanda? Yeah, he's got the best style for sure.
Speaker 2: If you had one phone call to save your life, who would you call him?
Speaker 1: What of a teammate?
Speaker 3: Of a teammate? Yeah, Gabe Vincent? Really yeah, me and him are pretty close. I think pick does the team have a group chat?
Speaker 1: Can you tell me the name? Oh? We're pulling it out, okay, pulling out receipts.
Speaker 3: I think it's like it's like for my dogs or something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wanted to see something more exciting.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's underwhelming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for my dogs.
Speaker 1: Like what the four who texts the most.
Speaker 3: Lebron's in there a little bit. We all just send like funny tweets.
Speaker 1: That's what about yourselves?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, like like funny videos.
Speaker 1: For the game. You guys are like finding who's the funniest thing about clowning each other? Sometimes yea on the team bus, who gets the.
Speaker 3: Ox on the team Lebron. Delo actually plays a lot on the speaker. I have to bring the speaker, well I did, hopefully not anymore like a rookie duty thing. Delo plays a lot of music on the plane.
Speaker 1: What other rookie dots did.
Speaker 3: You have speakers? Let's see, you gotta bring food to the plane.
Speaker 1: I mean what would you bring?
Speaker 3: Usually it's Keynes or Chapote. It's like closest to the facility, So i'd go pick up. I go take those orders and go get.
Speaker 1: The getting everyone specific order.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's a lot of stuff. Carry bags off the plane, carry bags to the plane. Yeah, it's it's that's you got a pair of dues.
Speaker 2: If you had one teammate that could play another sport professionally, who would it be and what was the sport be?
Speaker 3: Uh, it's pretty common Lebron playing football. Yeah, that's not Yeah, that's outrageous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could be the answer for like every question, who all the Lakers is the biggest Lebron fan?
Speaker 3: Who want the Lakers is the biggest Lebron fan. I think Austin was a pretty big Lebron fan growing up. So I'm gonna say Austin.
Speaker 1: Who uses social media the most?
Speaker 3: Who uses what should be the most? Definitely me eighty actually deactivated account. I think he's back now. I don't know. I think Delo's on it a lot. He's been posting a lot this summer too. He's got his own podcast. Yeah, he's been getting some guests.
Speaker 1: You'll need to come on here, like, yeah, you get them here too.
Speaker 3: You know, trade love to love to be here.
Speaker 1: Yet, Well you can tell him thank you, I hope.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now I want to talk a little bit about Michigan State. So two Michigan State legends, Draymond Green and Travis Walton. I asked them what I should ask you because you went to Michigan State. So here's some questions from them, and let's see what you have to say. Okay, So these are Travis's questions, how do you feel when your brother chose Minnesota and not Michigan State, did you start to wear a Gopher shirt?
Speaker 3: I did wear some Gopher stuff. I think for him it was just like he wanted to create his own path. They didn't really want to follow me. It's been a big thing in high school. Everybody.
Speaker 1: I get that, there's so much comparison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he wanted to create his own path and that's what he did. So obviously when he went to Minnesota, I was rooting for Minnesota except for when they played Michigan State.
Speaker 2: Course.
Speaker 3: Uh, Michigan State one two out of three times, so love it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The next question that Travis asked was what are lessons that coach Izzo taught you that have helped you with the Lakers.
Speaker 3: I think there's when I really developed like a really hard work ethic, like doing doing the extra stuff like watching extra film or coming in at night and stuff like that. That was a big thing that he had for me, and that's something he really took on with me. I'd always asked him to watch film after practice and do all that sort of thing, and he really like supported that and helped me out with that. So it was he was huge for me. I've learned so much from him and he was he was great for me when I was there, so appreciate him a lot.
Speaker 1: Totally. Okay, now we're going to move on to Draymond's questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he wants to know did you have to do a wall sit to be initiated as a.
Speaker 3: Sparkan Yeah, yep, that's a that's a huge thing. It's it's I don't remember how long it is. I think it's honestly as long as the as the seniors and the want and what they do is you. So it was, Yeah, we're on the back wall in the weight room and they have these sand bags that they put on you, or its sandbags or plates like forty five pound pits. I think we did sandbags. I can't remember, but you're holding them like this and you're doing the walls.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: I think usually it's usually around like three to four minutes, okay, something like that. It could have changed, but you're just sitting there and then this, you know, the seniors kind of just like decide maybe they want to add weight to you, maybe they don't. It's a big thing for I like three to four minutes. I think usually that's what I think. That's what I did. I can't remember. That's like it's long. Yeah, that's long. And they pick like if there's kind of like kind of like how there's rookie duties, there's like yeah, kind of like freshman stuff. Yeah, and usually like if if to start you're like very like anti like freshmen, like you don't want to eat last or do all stuff, they usually make it worse for you.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, And then Draymond also wanted me to add, if you say no, this is his note. Wow, some O G spartans make question your spartan dog badge.
Speaker 1: That's what he wanted me to say.
Speaker 3: No, I did it. Yeah, I'm doggy.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Max.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to move on to Slowan knows your game trivia. So this is actually trivia about yourself, right, And you don't really seem like a cocky guy, but I think you're confident, and I feel like you.
Speaker 1: Would probably think that you would know yourself. But I would say the average people don't get any questions, right, So let's see if you can be better than the avere.
Speaker 3: So you're asking me questions about myself. Oh okay, okay ready.
Speaker 1: So also there's no complaining.
Speaker 2: I will tee you up like if you have any problems, Like, we have to be very respectful to the ref here.
Speaker 1: I picked the scoring so I could be nice, I could be generous, or I could be me.
Speaker 2: So you were picked thirty fifth in the twenty twenty two NBA draft? Who was picked thirty fourth? And who was picked thirty six?
Speaker 3: Thirty fourth? Was was it Jalen Williams correct? Thirty six? Was was it Detroit? Was it Detroit? The pick? Do you know?
Speaker 1: I don't know what I know?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like gabrielle Yes, I don't know how to say p something pr.
Speaker 1: Proseda exactly from Italy.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, so you're you're at okay, so two points already?
Speaker 1: You like beat the average? Okay? Oh?
Speaker 2: A bonus question is what country does Gabriel Prosida currently play in?
Speaker 3: What you said from Italy? I have no idea. I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 1: Italy, Germany. Yeah, I guess you just don't.
Speaker 3: Know, no disrespect.
Speaker 1: I just didn't know how many blocks did you average as a senior in high school?
Speaker 3: Do I need to get like the point or no? There is no point, it's just a street number, probably like two yes, Max.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, I feel like it may be because you're the closest to have just been in high school in college, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I usually just say in the paint in because.
Speaker 2: Usually when I asked these questions it was like years and years ago, but for you, this was not that long ago.
Speaker 1: So I got what you're getting.
Speaker 3: I got an advantage.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: On the Michigan State websites, it says your five favorite movies.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me three of the five movies that you see?
Speaker 3: Black Panther? Yeah, straight out of Compton. No, No, that's been a new favorite, kay Avatar. No, yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, you said Black Panther, Infinity War, twenty two Jump Street, Mall COF two, and Pacific Rim. And actually, so when I read it on the website twenty two Jump Street, I was like, oh my god, that's so weird. They made a typo. Why doesn't it say twenty one jump Straw? So I changed it on the thing, and then everyone was clowning me and we're like, no, that's you've never seen twenty two or twenty one.
Speaker 1: But I just knew the name was twenty one Jump Street, so I made it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So right now, I don't really feel like you deserve any points from that because there was five movies and you got one.
Speaker 1: So that's like I don't need to jum like.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you have three points. How many current NBA players went to Michigan State.
Speaker 3: Jaren Xavier, Me, Draymond So what four? Gary Harris?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 3: I think that's it.
Speaker 1: Six.
Speaker 3: I don't tell me there's one more.
Speaker 1: You know who.
Speaker 2: It's not like a random You would know who it is, I think, or at least when I say it, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Jaren Draymond, Gary Xavier Me, Oh, Miles.
Speaker 1: Yes, Miles Bridges Okay. Points points, points Okay, sure, yeah that's true. But you said five. I was looking for you to be like, say a number because it's like hard to score. But it's fine. I'll just say you can get a point then, So you're at like three or four?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: What year is the last question? What year did Tom Izzo become the coach of Michigan.
Speaker 3: Michigan State State? Yeah? Yeah, don't don't ever.
Speaker 1: That's the worst mess up to ever say in front of someone that went.
Speaker 3: To Mission Jesus, I have no idea. Nineteen? Was it twenty twenty four? Now nineteen? It's gotta be like ninety No, he won in two thousand with matteen. It's gotta be like ninety seven.
Speaker 1: So close ninety five?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Also on the topic of Michigan, I didn't even write this question down, but I read it Chigan State.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking about Michigan. I'm not gonna mess up twice. I may mess up once, I'm not fumbling twice. How many current NBA players went to Michigan.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't really care.
Speaker 1: It's eleven. So don't you feel like embarrassed that you're being like, no, losing in that rivalry? No, okay, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: No, not really ok to Michigan State is better, so it doesn't matter regardless. I don't really get.
Speaker 1: All right, Max, this is the final question. Who are you nominating to be the next guest.
Speaker 3: Of Sloan Nose d'angela Russell? Love it?
Speaker 1: Thank you and your brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah camp can come too. Yeah you want to do that, I'll get him out here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for listening to this episode of Sloane Nos. You can get links to my socials and see behind the scenes fun from Max and I in the show notes, or just search at Sloane.
Speaker 1: Nose on Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. Remember that's Sloane with an e.