Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo Jess, hilarious charlamage.
Speaker 3: The God Peace to the planet is Friday.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 3: How y'all feel out there? I feel blessed, black and holly favored. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners. We are in the midst of cancer seasoned baby, how are my fellow cancers out there doing?
Speaker 1: Huh huh?
Speaker 4: Sensitive? Feeling everything?
Speaker 5: I understand, listen very much.
Speaker 6: So you know my husband is a cancer and lord he's a July cancer though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, Jess, I walk in the studio today and it says H. B. D. Morris.
Speaker 4: Who the hell is Morris?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Does doctor Morris? That's our trainer.
Speaker 1: No, I get it now. They think this guy looks like Morris Chestnut.
Speaker 4: I don't think him.
Speaker 1: Yes, because his birthday is this week? Some birthday Soday. It says H B. D. Morris. I guess it's a play on Morris chess nutts.
Speaker 3: I listen once again. I don't think I looked like Mars Chestnut. Other people think Chestnut himself has said he's gotten mistaken for me, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I keep this up, like.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna hold dressing something a couple of weeks the other day, I mean a couple of weeks ago on the shad room, and it was it was I thought it was Charlemagne.
Speaker 5: It was literally more Chestnut though, sitting in a chair.
Speaker 6: You'd be doing to get dressed with me, keep up with man at first before he got dressed up, and he was looking good.
Speaker 5: He looking like Charlemagne.
Speaker 6: He was sitting there with Toss and I was like, what dollars Leonard doing and you know, just looking dumb. Yeah, but you didn't look like him once he cleaned up.
Speaker 3: That was it all, simply saying that it ain't my fault. Why y'all be mad at what God designed? You know, hey, drop on the clues, bond for God for that design and he created. Okay, and also pop me too, happy, I per all the time. That's my friend, Like, don't do that, that's right, and happy move in to our producer and bought out read his birthday Sunday as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah birthday, but you get read of both. Six twenty nine that's right, yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now today on the show, we have in el but in John Cena. They got a new movie, Heads of State. It comes out on July second, and we'll be kicking it to both of them.
Speaker 3: I'm sure y'all know rid Elby and John Cena. No introduction needed. And also who else is joining us? Jeffrey Katzenberg in a horriy Robert Hundren. I believe it's how you pronounced Hardy, he's last name. But they stopped through the Breakfast Show and then the Breakfast Club. I don't know why they didn't correct Jeffrey Katsburg when he said the Breakfast Show on the promo. But Jeffrey was the chairman of Walt Disney from eighty four to ninety four. You know, created some of your favorite animated films like Aladdin, like Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King, just the name a few he did with your TV show.
Speaker 4: But then he just left.
Speaker 3: Uh well, they have all out with Walt Disney, and then him and Steven still Pildberg and David Geffin created Dreamwork. Yes, but now they have a company called Aura and Aura is a technology company dedicated to simplifying digital security for consumers and helping parents stay abreast of what it is their kids are into online, because you know, what's happening online is impacting not just kids' mental health, with a lot of people's mental health.
Speaker 4: But that's what our aura is about. So they'll be here to talk about.
Speaker 7: That this morning.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's get the show cracking. Can we play something for Friday? Can we play something? There we go, It's a Friday, dammit, let's be happy. The weekend is here. Next week is fourth of July. A lot of us are taking vacation. We're actually taking vacation, so we're gonna be taking a couple of days off. Well needed.
Speaker 4: I love be Happy.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite song ever, But you know that's that's for a certain demographic.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I literally thought you was talking about for real happy. But yeah, they're going to be married period.
Speaker 1: It's Mary J. Blige, Be Happy. We throwing it back on a Friday's Breakfast Club. Good morning, Owning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne, the Guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news Morning Muggain.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning, Happy Friday, how we feeling on a follow You know, I love to hear that. Okay, So first on front page, Democrat and Republican senators are sharing different and very contrasting views on the Iran strikes after Intel briefing. Now, Connecticut Democrat Senator Chris Murphy says Iron's nuclear program has been damaged, but not quote obliterated, as President Trump maintains. He also noted that the Director of National Intelligence, Tulci Gabbard, was notably absent from the briefing. Meanwhile, Republican Senator Lindsay Graham of South Carolina was confident about the US strikes. Let's take a listen to the comments from those senators.
Speaker 9: I just do not think a president was selling the truth when the accept this program was literated.
Speaker 10: The Director of National Intelligence is not allowed to.
Speaker 4: Be in these briefings. That's a question that we should get answered.
Speaker 3: Nobody is going to work in these three sites anytime soon.
Speaker 1: They're not going to get into him in his time soon.
Speaker 11: Their operational capability was obliterated.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So this comes as the White House says President Trump has ended Iran's nuclear threat once and for all. Press Secretary Caroline Levitt said Iran was weeks away from developing a nuclear program before Trump ordered their sites to be again quote obliterated.
Speaker 12: Continue to use that word by US bombers.
Speaker 8: She slammed US media reports about the effectiveness of the strikes on Iran's nuclear capability or nuclear facility. Excuse me, let's take a listen to those comments from White House Press Secretary Caroline Levit.
Speaker 13: The Iranian regime was weeks away from being able to produce a nuclear weapon that would threaten the entire world before President Trump took this decisive action on Saturday night to obliterate their nuclear capabilities.
Speaker 14: Despite agenda driven leaks by the fake news media aimed at undermining this incredible accomplishment achieved by President Trump and our brave fighter, there is broad consensus emerging already that Iran's nuclear capabilities were indeed destroyed.
Speaker 8: So, of course, for comments come while questions swirl about the effective effectiveness of the strikes, the White House been playing has been playing defense, trying to debunk a leaked Intel report sayings Iran's nuclear program has been delayed, but not destroyed. Levitt was pivoting, saying the Trump administration now looks forward to peace and prosperity in the region, and Iran Supreme Leader Ayatola Ali Kameni says the US achieved quote nothing from its military strikes on his nation. Committee added during more of the than a ten minute address, the American President exaggerated events in unusual ways, and it turned out that he needed this exaggeration.
Speaker 12: That's what he said.
Speaker 8: So this, of course, that marked the first public remarks since the US bomb three Iranian nuclear sites on Saturday, and the Ayatola declared victory in the conflict. He also pushed back on President Trump's claims that the strikes were a spectacular spectacular military success and warned against any further attack. So that goes to show you know where we are in terms of whether or not we're dealing with the Obviously, the ceasefire is holding right now, but it's not all as sweet as things claim.
Speaker 3: We got to use some common sense with some of this too, right, Like the Iran Supreme Leader might be trying to save face, but you know, if you drop thirty thousand pound you know, bunker busting bombs on the facility.
Speaker 4: Something happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't sit here and say that nothing happened and it wasn't effect like they said, you're not going to work tomorrow. Like I was reading what Raphael Grossi said. He's the International Atomic Energy Agency director, and he said, I think annihilated is too much, but it suffered enormous damage. And Iran's Foreign ministry spokesperson he also said that our nuclear installations have been badly damaged. That's for sure. Once again, you dropped thirty then pound bunkers on something. Something happened. You can't sit here and say that nothing happened, it wasn't effective, they did nothing.
Speaker 8: Like come on right, Well, we'll continue to watch the situation, monitor the situation, and see what develops out of that. Now we will take it to seven am. We will talk about how the President Trump is threatening lawsuits against both CNN and the New York Times over reports regarding these US air strikes.
Speaker 12: So you guys stick around for that at seven.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one if you need to vent phone lines or wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. I made it this is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're man or blessed. I hate the way that you walk, the way did you talk, I hate the way you dress.
Speaker 15: Everything when nears best call up next eight hundred five eight five one.
Speaker 10: Not just me, I'm what the coach of Philly.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this in the morning?
Speaker 16: This is James from Carolina?
Speaker 1: James, what's up? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I mean I wanted to put it out there.
Speaker 17: Anybody out there that be stealing from other people, You donna that's around to get yourself hurt or worse.
Speaker 18: Man, I mean, we're all out here struggling, so.
Speaker 16: There's no need for that taking from other people.
Speaker 18: A lady in my neighborhood.
Speaker 16: Earlier this week, somebody stolen her wallet out of her car. She got two young boys man and she worked.
Speaker 18: They wouldn't want to do through my car.
Speaker 16: But I don't keep anything value with my car. But if I can catch these.
Speaker 3: People, and you know what's so funny, It's so funny as you be stealing from people who just trying to make it just like you are.
Speaker 19: So it's like, yeah, I know that's what.
Speaker 18: Who messed up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 16: Are you stealing?
Speaker 18: From other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say this though, and it's very sad. But if you if you look at it, and I'm not saying it's okay. A lot of these times, these kids sixteen seventeen years old, they'll steal a car or steal items out of a car. And let's say they steal a car, somebody have paid them five seven thousand for that car. For them is easy money because if they get locked up, they come right out. There's no bail, there's no nothing. And then until they change that, that's that's the only way you're gonna start changing these kids' mind friends, because it's really no penalty. Think about it. You steal a call, they pay you seven thousand dollars. If you get caught, you come right home in a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: That's that's why my man said, you know, there's there's gonna be consequences. By the way, that's North Carolina. Carolina is different. No Canlina ain't got no no bail law like New Jersey.
Speaker 1: I think everywhere pretty much got no bail laws.
Speaker 4: Let me make let me make sure I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I know New York, New Jersey, La, there is mad mad town like pretty much everybody got no bail laws in the month.
Speaker 18: Now, Well, all I said, I these people, man, it's gonna be talking. It's going to be me in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Yeah, North Carolina does not have a no bail there's no Yes, sir, I don't think they, brother, there's no blanket policy eliminating bail for all crimes in North Carolina, New York, New.
Speaker 5: Jersey, North Carolina.
Speaker 4: That's what we said.
Speaker 1: Carolina like New York, New Jersey?
Speaker 7: Do is?
Speaker 1: I mean you come out immediately, which is which is very sad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this Bobby? Hey, Bobby, Bobby.
Speaker 16: I was holding on.
Speaker 19: The other day and then y'all hung up on me.
Speaker 4: Oh this king all blacks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, why man, I told him not to keep you on hold like that.
Speaker 4: Man, we some of people. You know, you got some employees that need to be deported.
Speaker 3: To be totally honest with you, brother, get up with chest.
Speaker 20: Hey, I'm curious for charlamaide, I'm curious what's the odds of Baty getting out acquitted of everything.
Speaker 3: I honestly have no idea, my brother, you know, I'm just like everybody else, you know, speculating playing YouTube lawyer, I have no.
Speaker 4: I really honestly have no idea.
Speaker 3: If you asked me, I think he The best case scenario for him is a hung hung jury. Other than that, I mean, I can I can see them getting him on the prostitution charges. But then it's the feds, bro, like the fans got a ninety five percent conviction rate. Who knows what's gonna happen. I really don't know, like you know, and I have no idea.
Speaker 19: And then when they and then when they showed that they him was kind of weak, it kind of gave him hope.
Speaker 20: But I think I agree with you man. At the end of the day, I think they might get him on something.
Speaker 1: I think did he walk? I don't think he gets time served. I think did he walk? I don't think he must.
Speaker 4: The fans, I don't. I don't think. I don't think that they.
Speaker 1: See people beat the fans before got he beat the fans And.
Speaker 3: Name another one. They got a ninety five percent conviction rate. Ninety five. Listen, here's the thing. I don't think that even when you say they've charges were weak, I don't think that they're weak. They just screamlined them, that's all. And then how you're gonna tell you. Imagine me telling you not to consider something you already heard.
Speaker 20: You know what I'm saying here, but that See, but with that, when you said that, the problem with that is they can't consider it.
Speaker 19: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I know what is in their mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you still think about it. You know you're not supposed to consider it. But when you're deliberating, that's you's still something that you know what you heard?
Speaker 5: That's right, Dad, you're talking about when on the freak off tapes.
Speaker 3: No, they telling them not to consider the arson or the kidnapping.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, how many?
Speaker 18: How many people?
Speaker 19: How many you personalities?
Speaker 20: If you get your quitt, it's gonna say he's going to get the quitted.
Speaker 19: The same people that said that he was gonna go to jail.
Speaker 4: All of them.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I honestly don't know what's gonna happen, King all Blacks.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: We'll definitely see in the next couple of days, I'm sure, and I'm sure Lauren will be breaking it down in a little bit. Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, wake up, wake up as if.
Speaker 4: You're time to get it off your chest, your man blast.
Speaker 7: We want to hear from you on the breakfast glass.
Speaker 18: Hello.
Speaker 6: Who this this is from seven five seven Hey, seventy five seven?
Speaker 19: Hey, happy for early birthday.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 12: I appreciate you all cancer, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you love us.
Speaker 19: I tried to do my husband of camp. I'm just oh my god, I just got tickets last night.
Speaker 9: Come you coming to the show?
Speaker 4: Girl?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's love you. I love you too. You're coming tonight or.
Speaker 19: Tomorrow tomorrow, and I'm coming to the show too. Before you need to ask.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask. But I love the fact that you're from the seven five seven.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 1: I love my seven five seventh fifily m.
Speaker 12: I know, but don't have a good brother.
Speaker 10: I'm on my way to work.
Speaker 1: Where you from, girl? More than seven Chesapeake?
Speaker 21: Okay, I sund like I'm on the buffle, you said, what I snd like I'm from Norfolk?
Speaker 1: Yes you do. We'll have a good one and enjoy the comedy show this weekend.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, thank you, And if you haven't.
Speaker 1: Got your tickets. Get your tickets. Es will be in Virginia tonight and tomorrow.
Speaker 4: What times the.
Speaker 6: Show tomorrow at seven and nine tonight in this thirty and nine tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So get your tickets at Just's official dot com.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this? This is Alan amd what's up? Getting off your chest?
Speaker 18: First of all, good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: Good morning Jeff right here.
Speaker 18: I wanted to talk about my wife's podcast. She had an interview with an Apple space a black the Rocket Science. Her name is doctor Tamil Allen. My wife's podcast is Judy Topics podcast.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 18: She talks about pursuit of excellence.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 18: This idea is from like Trinidad, a small little country and she made it all the way to be like the head of a laughter.
Speaker 3: Wow, congratulations to her, man, absolutely, but you know, check it out.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're doing brother, Thank you man. You have a good one.
Speaker 16: Man, all right, thank you.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five five five one. Now we got the leader with Lauren. She'll be breaking down everything with Diddy. She's working on that now. So we'll see you on the second. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Nobody care about the show today, Jess, I just want you to know that it's the last day before vacation. Everybody just thing and be walking around here with headphones on for no damn reason, humming the music that he don't even know what the hell he's singing.
Speaker 4: Stupid. It's the world's most dangerous morning show, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 4: How y'all feeling today?
Speaker 7: How you feel?
Speaker 1: I'm good, it's friddy, Yes, I'm bless black and Holly. What's Laura?
Speaker 4: She's doing research, cooking up a big story.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: She got to confirming fum Walter Scott from the Whispers passed away. Rest in peace to Walter Scott, Rest in peace to Walson, even though it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: Did you confirm it?
Speaker 4: Did you confirm it?
Speaker 21: I haven't heard back from the person that released a statement, but that is what that is what we do.
Speaker 4: Didn't mix. Didn't mix every.
Speaker 21: Room newsroom that wakes up this morning and sees that news, even though it's there, they will reach out still for their own statement, and they will say that in their story.
Speaker 1: They put out a statement, and every classic radio station is.
Speaker 3: Saying it all all all the w BL, the WDS is of the world.
Speaker 4: They did it a little. Duvall did the post. He loved the whispers.
Speaker 6: I think we can confirm, Okay, she just wanted to know because she was very safe.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Jess Loan becoming a straight fast.
Speaker 1: She gets them.
Speaker 10: Somebody that knows, somebody gets to detail.
Speaker 9: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 4: And she'd be having the latest on.
Speaker 7: The Latest with Lauren la Rossa.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything. It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: All right, y'all.
Speaker 21: So yesterday in court, closing arguments begin, so the prosecution is up.
Speaker 9: First.
Speaker 21: They took the full day yesterday, yesterday. It was a very long day, even though it was it was a shorter day. So basically what they did in their closing statements or closing arguments arguments were they they took us back through a lot of the stories that they've told us the whole time we've been in court, and they specifically pointed to different charges that these stories proved. One of the things that they spent a lot of time on was the Man Act, and they were trying to basically have a conversation about what actually, like, what is required to prove that Diddy was flying in these.
Speaker 9: Different escorts and blah blah blahlah blah like all those things.
Speaker 21: Right, so directly the prosecutor is telling the jurors, like, you know, you don't have to worry about if force was required, fraud, coercion, or even the consent, because you don't need any of that as long as we can prove that there were these people flown in and that Diddy was allegedly at the like he was the one paying in organizing this.
Speaker 9: That is the charge. They did a lot of laying that out yesterday before.
Speaker 4: That's what they got all Kelly on.
Speaker 3: They got all Kelly on several violations of the Man Act.
Speaker 21: They brought up rour Kelly a lot in the day before in the charging conference when they were talking about how they were going to word the instructions to the jury. You do a lot of like case law to say why you're able to like argue for certain words and things of that nature.
Speaker 9: And they brought up A Kelly a lot of times different times.
Speaker 1: See say that she she flew people in as well and paid them as well, and he took care of all of that.
Speaker 21: But at the same time they they literally had communication that they showed on the screen yesterday from Diddy. That is, you know, he's talking to escorts, he's asking for their information for flight stuff, he is transferring money different places.
Speaker 1: But he's saying sex because I thought he was part of that was he.
Speaker 9: Was see now that see now that is a thing.
Speaker 21: So yes, his team is arguing that they were paid for their time in their discretion, but the prosecution is saying that is ridiculous and what they did use appointed that at one at one point was there was like a communication between Diddy and one of the escort services and he was complaining because the escort that they had, I didn't want to say brented.
Speaker 9: That sounds so unhuman. But the escort that got paid, they that they hired.
Speaker 21: Didn't finish or whatever. So Diddy was like he couldn't even complete the job. But he never said what the job was. It was very vague. So that's going to be a point of argument as well. But yeah, that that's that took majority of the time at court yesterday. Court was so packed, y'all. I've never so the main court room. Of course, was closed by the time I got there, because I was here and I was told that there was a ton of family there. So his sons are there, his daughters are back, his mom is always there, some of his son's friends, all the things. But the overflow room itself was like pack you walked in, they had escort us to a backup overflow room.
Speaker 9: There were so many people there yesterday.
Speaker 5: Ms right, yeah, but that makes sense.
Speaker 21: Yeah, but today and the actual like the day that the verdict comes down, of course, is going to be even crazier.
Speaker 9: So court has gotten that crazy.
Speaker 4: So what's today?
Speaker 9: So today the defense is going to go.
Speaker 21: So the defense will start having conversations about what their closing arguments are, and they're obviously going to argue a lot of what you just said, like.
Speaker 1: Because it has to be proven for reasonable doubt, right, yes, So the fact that he didn't say completion, that finish, that could be taken many different ways.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but that's what they were arguing.
Speaker 4: You've done.
Speaker 9: Literally, they were.
Speaker 21: Arguing about like what the what the terminology around it, the terminology around the commercial sexual acts is. Remember I told you guys that, like do you actually have to finish or do you not have to.
Speaker 3: I don't even that honestly does not make no sense because if you purchase the prostitute, you purchased.
Speaker 1: The prostet, you purchase the escort. Well purchased.
Speaker 4: If it's legal, illegal is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But to purchase of escort. People purchase escorts every day.
Speaker 9: But that was an argument. Yes that was but that was a.
Speaker 1: Comfort though, and for dating, not for sex. It's not illegal if you purchasing for comfort. But it wasn't illegal because they're saying that he purchased it for sex.
Speaker 3: It don't matter if it's illegal if I order a prostitute and not just say I just wanted to talk to her, still paid for the prostitute.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: There's escort services that people can use, like if.
Speaker 4: Like listen, this wasn't one of them, is what I'm saying. It's not a legal escort service he used.
Speaker 21: Well, yeah, there was an export service that he did use. But what I was trying to say was that was an argument in court on the charging conference day, because what is what is happening is the prosecutors are arguing that yes, you can pay for escorts to come and blah blah blah. But because of what actually went down from what we've heard on the stand from escorts, it then changes the terminology into prostitutes, but also to not even just the escorts. The prosecution is arguing that anybody that was flown in money was at any way transferred, So whether he's paying for something or he's paying you directly, whether you're an escort or you're just a woman coming in that they can have a conversation about whether you're a prostituted.
Speaker 3: So that he's charged with engaging in prostitution, they're trying to prove it wasn't prostitution.
Speaker 21: Basically yes, his team, his team, yes, yes, one hundred percent now and I will say too. They also were arguing yesterday in court, not arguing, but they were having a conversation with the jury yesterday in court that it only takes one instance, like they only need to prove one time that did he allegedly pay for these mail escorts to travel in for the sexual encounters in order to convict him. So their whole thing yesterday with the prosecutors was we are we've been more than clear on our case, and here's all the reasons why the text messages, everything that they broke down.
Speaker 1: And the crazy part about this too is right if did he did pay a prostitute or pay somebody for sex? Right, Yeah, diddies, the only want to be in charge. The prostitute themselves is not being charged. They just got immunity. The other person that paid for it got immunity.
Speaker 4: Everybody, you come home, you ain't gonna be as a wrong boy.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but you got to base it off for everything. Everybody should be charged with it, but evenybody should be charged.
Speaker 9: But even with the RICO right.
Speaker 21: Because remember we were arguing about like how they're going to figure that out, if they are going to be able to figure that out.
Speaker 9: They what their prosecution is.
Speaker 21: Doing now is they're bringing it like the indictment started up here right like we land and see they came into his homes. Now they're bringing it down by we only need one instance of all these things we've told you about. So yesterday were arguing that to convict Diddy on that RICO charge, they only need they only need to find Diddy did he agreed that he or another member of his organization would commit at least two criminal acts under that charge? So, and they've talked about several different times where even if you didn't go into the crime with him, you watch things happened when downs down.
Speaker 1: That makes you part of the crown.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're right there, so.
Speaker 4: But that's my point.
Speaker 1: Diddy's the only one that's charged the prostitutes. Is not charge none of the other people that paid the charge. Nobody else in charge. But did he This is why community, correct, This is why people should just be gay. Like he could have had all the men he wanted legally.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, It wouldn't have to freaking fight through none of this red tape if he just had the freedom to be himself.
Speaker 9: But what if.
Speaker 5: What if he bisexuals?
Speaker 1: That's why he should just be gay?
Speaker 4: Whatever?
Speaker 3: Is all I'm simply saying is you're bringing all of these men in Okay for whatever reason?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: He just felt like he wasn't free to be whatever he was supposed to be, so he had to pay for it.
Speaker 9: What if he got off on paying for it though?
Speaker 1: That you know something?
Speaker 7: The bread.
Speaker 3: Yes, you could be a sugar daddy for another man, you know, Yeah, but he could trick on a woman, you could trick on a man.
Speaker 1: But I don't even think it's the gayer bye. I think he wanted a professional pounder to pound out his girl. Shut up, man, you know what I'm saying, because you ain't even serious about none of this.
Speaker 4: And that's why I don't even like having to come. He was this man, a professional and he's trying to have all of this legal jogging with Lauren and he's just playing. I know, he just waiting for me to start playing.
Speaker 3: But seeing that's why he keeps going want.
Speaker 1: Pounding like somebody professional.
Speaker 21: That's what he says, And that's crazy. You used to be a survival. Now you sit here talking about professional pounder, and the.
Speaker 1: Next he can't get a professional, he's.
Speaker 4: Just getting a professional pend. I'm trying to be there to say I just want him to be who he really is.
Speaker 3: If that's who he really is, okay, and that's gay, but then help me come home.
Speaker 6: He's gonna certainly be on the flow willos King at the bride with.
Speaker 4: All the other professional pounders.
Speaker 1: They just yes, is going to.
Speaker 10: Be full of professional pounders.
Speaker 4: Professional pounder flow would be crazy, yeah, and.
Speaker 21: It would be that's the time and gets who putting the bed in the DJO here happy d J. I hate man And that's the latest with laurd What I say the next hour Christian dropping new music, talking about turning on them, and I think he was coming at.
Speaker 4: You, coming at me. It's not talking about just a single.
Speaker 21: It's a it's a full little project with not little. It's about the project with Kanye.
Speaker 6: Got her off where she talked about Christians dropping right, not not at a time like this.
Speaker 9: He talking about people like Envy that switching up at the time.
Speaker 4: I like to send you my opinion.
Speaker 5: I was always you know, he always come up with music at the wrong the wrong time.
Speaker 4: You the one told him, Sar the other house. You got your daddy into.
Speaker 1: This gets all right when we come back, we got the front page news and then it yourself and John Ceno be joining us. It's the Breakfast Local morning.
Speaker 4: You're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Rocket Mortgage is lowering down payments to one percent for eligible home buyers with one plus. You heard that right, one percent down on a home with one plus from Rocket Mortgage. Learn more today at eight hundred four rocket or Rocket dot com. Rocket Mortgage, LLC licensed in fifty states and Mlsconsumer access dot org hashtag thirty thirty only Everybody's dj NV just hilarious, charlamage mcgot we are the breakfast club on this Friday. And let's get back at some front page news. What up, muggan?
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Hey, how we feeling?
Speaker 11: Girl?
Speaker 12: All right, let's get back into it.
Speaker 8: So President Trump is threatening lawsuits against both CNN and The New York Times over reports surrounding recent US air strikes and Iran. A lawyer for Trump sent a letter to both news outlets saying they had damaged Trump's reputation, demanding a retraction and apology for reporting that the attack on Iran had set back the country's nuclear program by only a few months in instead of saying that it was obliterated, like Trump would like for people to say now. The Times posted a response on Thursday, rejected the demands and saying they told the truth to the best of their ability. A CNN spokesperson also confirmed the letter was responded to with rejection. It's very interesting story that you know Trump is going to start taking legal action against news outlets.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, I guess.
Speaker 8: In other news, President Trump continues to promote his big, Beautiful Bill at an event yesterday to drum up support for the spending bill. Trump was flanked by working Americans wearing their uniforms.
Speaker 12: Of their employers.
Speaker 8: Now, the President spoke about what he believes what his big beautiful bill, spending bill will accomplish. Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 22: One of the most important pieces of legislation in the history of our country. The one big beautiful bill to secure our borders, temperate charge our economy, and bring.
Speaker 23: Back the American dream.
Speaker 12: That's what's happening too.
Speaker 8: So Trump said the spinning bill would benefit the middle class Americans joining him, Trump said his aids initially wanted the bill to be split up into smaller pieces, but you know, he is pushing for that one big beautiful bill, that one piece of legislation. Now, the President says he expects the bill to be on this desk by July fourth. The measure passed the House and now sits in the Senate, where Republicans can only afford to lose three votes, and there have been some Republicans indicating that they will not vote along party lines with this Now. Democrats say the bill cuts Medicaid and other social safety nets by billions.
Speaker 5: Of dollars.
Speaker 8: Republicans say these are much needed reforms to the programs that cut the deficit. And also during that those remarks, apparently, Trump mentioned that the US and China have reached a deal over rare earth elements rare earth materials. Now, the US and China, of course reached that deal to the production of everything from automobiles and electronics to fighter jets.
Speaker 12: Trump said the deal.
Speaker 8: Had been signed the day before, with the White House confirming it would help. Both countries reached an understanding over how to expedite shipments to the US. Western companies have faced difficulties in getting rare earth medals, and they need from banj that they need from Beijing. Trump made a quick remark during the event for his big beautiful bill, and let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 23: Do you remember a few months ago the press was saying, do you really have anybody of any Injine as well? We just signed with China yesterday, right, just signed with China.
Speaker 8: So in the US, China has been carefully looking at buyers to make sure those rare earth medals aren't being used by the military. So this is for you know, computer chips, you know how President Trump is saying America first, and he wants everything made in America. Well, we still need to get those rare earth materials in order to do that in some of those electronics, cars and things of that nature. And in local news for you guys, New York Mayor Eric Adams is officially kicking off his re election campaign. Adams announced he would run as an independent in April and attack the perceived front runner of the mayoral race, Mom Donnie.
Speaker 5: Mayor.
Speaker 8: Eric Adams said he's not it's not time for socialism, and he acts New Yorkers to get behind him.
Speaker 12: Us take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 17: A choice between someone who delivered lower crime, the most jobs in history, and the most new housing built built in decades, and an assembly member who did.
Speaker 1: Not pass a bill.
Speaker 17: We're gonna lift up the city of New York and so I'm asking you New york Is to continue to stand with me as we moved this city in the right direction.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to be your mayor.
Speaker 10: I can't.
Speaker 8: Zeron Mom Donnie, a socialist Democrat, declared himself the winner of Tuesday's primary mayoral primary, and Adams will also face a Republican that Curtis Sleeva, Independent, Jim Walden, and possibly former Governor Andrew Cromo if he decides to run as an independent.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to me our socialism is such a dirty word, man, because all socialism is is where you know, they want to reduce the gap between the rich and the poor, and they want to make sure everybody has access to their basic necessities. And you know, when government intervention is needed for somebody to you know, have those basic necessities, then they can happen, you know, whether it's healthcare, education, housing.
Speaker 4: Just aiming to improve the overall well being of citizens. You know, that is what socialism is.
Speaker 3: That's why I like when with Mandani uses the affordability when he says, you know, let's talk affordability.
Speaker 4: And I said that to him when he was here.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Democrats can come up with all types of other language, right, They'll say pregnant person and all this.
Speaker 4: Other goofy stuff.
Speaker 3: How come they can't come up with a better way to talk about socialism because people try to demonize socialism, but when you actually look under the hood to what you know, it.
Speaker 4: Is hell, yeah, you would want your basic necessities.
Speaker 8: Dealt with, right and as I understood it, or as I read it, it does like you said, it closes the gap, but it also gives the people more of a voice.
Speaker 12: Is that correct too?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just know that I'm just talking about the financial aspect of it. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, well, before I go, let me to do one more big one for you and me, Charlemagne shout out to the cancers. You know, Charlemagne, you celebrating a birthday. I'm celebrating a birthday, and I know that the show is off next week, so don't clock me on the news. I'm just gonna say, but the Black Information Network got y'all. Okay, that's your birthday, Morgan. Thank y'all, that's your front page news. I'm Morgan with y'all. Can follow me on socials at Morgan Media and for more news coverage, y'all follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi nnews dot com.
Speaker 12: Thank y'all so much. Have a great week and enjoy your fourth.
Speaker 4: I have your early born day. Absolutely, thank you.
Speaker 12: Same to you, sar.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back, John Cena and all, hold.
Speaker 3: On and also too, we're doing the people's donkey today. Oh so you know, if you want to call in and give somebody the credit they deserve for being stupid, you can do that right now. One, one hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one, because you know, on Fridays we let the people give out the donkey of to day.
Speaker 4: So Morgan, you got one yes for that.
Speaker 8: Guy who's over there talking about you know, media, but I won't say his name, and I'm gonna get.
Speaker 5: Up out of here.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I'll.
Speaker 12: Be in the media when they're just doing the media's job.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying the news.
Speaker 4: Just doing you're talking about Trump? Yall?
Speaker 1: She is all right? When we come back interest in, John Cena will be joining us. The new movie How the State comes out July second, so we'll talk to the Nexus.
Speaker 4: The breakfast slogan Morning the breakfast Club. It's probably usually little kids though, right, not adults. No, it's mostly don't do it.
Speaker 9: They're welcome to you.
Speaker 2: The joke is mostly adults. Kids are great, their enthusiastical, They're like, oh, John Cena. Adults will be like, who am I talking to? Exactly even there, So like the joke is more of an adult thing, and the enthusiasm, I guess is more of.
Speaker 1: I have it if the joke was told, how are you feeling? First and foremost, that's what we usually so, how are you feeling? How's everything?
Speaker 2: By the way, thanks for asking. I appreciate that. Not a lot of times people ask like.
Speaker 4: How you doing? How are you feeling? Nobody cares you're John Cena.
Speaker 3: They care about them and want that's selfie.
Speaker 4: That's a perspective for sure.
Speaker 2: I just even in life, not a lot of folks you genuinely ask, man, how you doing?
Speaker 4: How you're feeling today? I'm great, man, don't grasp how you guys doing?
Speaker 24: All right?
Speaker 4: If you weren't great, would you tell us?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would know. I certainly would. Admittedly, promotion wears on you a little bit, so the days are long. But uh, the way I've compartmentalized it is climb the hill in front of I got. I get to share forty five minutes with you guys today. I love the project, and we don't. Honestly, if we're having a good time, we'll be here for as long as we have. But somebody will eventually drag me out of here. But no, besides being a little exhausted. I'm man, I'm good. Life is life is good for me.
Speaker 4: One thing I noticed about you when I shook your hand, and your hands are biggish. Oh my damn.
Speaker 2: I mean I can't do much about that. I have what I have. Yeah, two catchers mets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the little guys always say that to you, like your hands are so big because.
Speaker 4: He's trying to do it being a little you got real like it. It is a meaty hand. Yeah, they're a meaty pair emits.
Speaker 1: When you sat of people. Yeah, it's you need those medi hits.
Speaker 2: But it's not like they're they're not like a like a nice long like a piano player hands.
Speaker 4: So I don't have that. It's just a bunch of sausages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sausage. Yes, uh, you know. I hit a pretty decent gross s burt like around thirteen fourteen, and that's when everything started to like grow and my I guess I grew into my bone structure.
Speaker 4: So right around that, you start having fun with them around at time zone. No, No, I was having fun with them far before then.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha, what is my penis getting small get bigger?
Speaker 4: That's the thing, all right?
Speaker 1: Excellent now this is your first time here, so I want to I want to start up what got you into wrestling for people that don't know what got you there?
Speaker 2: So professionally an accident, you know, from as a fan standpoint, I was a young person growing up in the the national broadcast of wrestling when w w F first launched it. Hey, this wrestling is now a national and global phenomenon like the Hulk Hogan under the Giant era. I was a little kid in that time, so I got swept up in the in the mania and the madness and uh then as an adolescent you're like, Okay, well that's a nice thing to be a fan of, but the hell you're gonna do that for an occupation. So it found me by accident after shortly after I graduated.
Speaker 1: College that.
Speaker 4: We about John.
Speaker 10: It was like, yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: It is interesting, though, John, because I've of course seen you as a wrestling I've seen interviews before, but this feels like the Little John Dave Chappelle's kid. When you sit down with Little John, you expect them to be.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, just you just messed talking about penis size and hand side.
Speaker 4: Talking about masturbation reading.
Speaker 3: I'm not that but okay, I wasn't they expect I exeed you to come in here like you look like you run it from Congress, Like yeah, right now, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I guess we only have our judgments of what we're you know, accustomed to seeing. And I've been I've been fortunate enough to be in people's living rooms every single week, fifty two weeks here for twenty five years. Wow, And usually I'm in front of an audience, revving them up for a fight or getting my ass kicked.
Speaker 4: So I get that. I get I understand why they would think.
Speaker 3: And you've you've built a brain a brand around like hustle and loyalty and respect.
Speaker 4: But has that ever come at the cost of, like vulnerability?
Speaker 3: Could you talk more about that these people, like, like, how do you define emotional screens? Like the people expect you to be like like, I guess, emotionally intelligent, sensitive, but just show your vulnerable side.
Speaker 4: Do you always have to be in like the John Cena tough guy.
Speaker 2: Well, I've worked very hard to to try and use my storytelling through WWE. If again, I've got a twenty five year arc as the same character. So if you essentially go out and play the same stuff all the time. People get tired, so you have to introduce your character. And my character started as an underdog and a very brash, smack talking character who got their ask act all the time. And then I began to like lean into this sort of Superman persona and that only works for so long, and then the audience Like, I really feel like I have a strong connection with the audience because I put myself out there. I'll embrace losing, I'll embrace embarrassment, I'll embrace failure, And I think those are all important things, not only man for life skills, but to connect with the viewing audience so they can watch for a quarter of a century and still be like, that's my guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah that is not When NBA ask you how you're doing, like that was very disarming.
Speaker 2: For you, Like no, I just think it's great, and you were genuine it's yeah, what's up?
Speaker 4: Everybody like you were like, man, let's start with this, how are you?
Speaker 1: Because it's a lot, it's a lot of people come up in you know, press runs a lot of people. It's a it's a lot in and out. You're talking to different people a lot of times. A lot of the answers are the same answer over and over over and again.
Speaker 4: It's almost thing.
Speaker 1: So we just like the things out the box and how are you doing it?
Speaker 4: Just thank you for asking.
Speaker 7: Man. It's really good to be here see everyone again.
Speaker 15: It's been a while. I'm good, Thank you, man. I mean, you know, it's been a busy press run. I love working with the guy and we get to Oh, thank you very much, very very kind of you.
Speaker 7: But I'm good. Thank you for asking. I'm feeding good.
Speaker 3: When you have two leading men like yourself on set, right, is there ever any like real rivalry that develops.
Speaker 1: Who gets the bigger trailer, who gets to go to lunch first?
Speaker 4: Man? I think you want to speak on that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I mean look, I think one of the things that.
Speaker 15: I love working well, I love working with Jonas that he is very humble, He's very grounded. As famous as he is, as successful as he is. When we're all on the set, like we're all in this room right now, we're making a movie, everybody, whether it's the person behind the camera or in front, is equal. And that's something that he, I think really strives to bring to this film set. I love that we have both worked with people that do not feel that way, that feel like they are better and therefore actions need to act that way. And so it is so refreshing to be with someone work with someone that is, you know, an equal, and it's.
Speaker 7: Prepared to keep it all so we never have to squabble fight. If we do, I'll kicks us.
Speaker 4: That's just how it works. Years man.
Speaker 1: Going on, we got more with just Elbert and John Cena. When we come back, don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning, Everybody's DJ envy, just hilarious charlamage. The guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with it. Just Elba and John Cena now heads to state what is it all about for people that don't know it's way the movie It comes out July second on on Amazon prom Y first, and foremost.
Speaker 2: You can watch it whenever, wherever you want, on any device you want. That's the great thing about Prime video, so you don't have to carve out of time. I love the theater experience, love it. But we got a nice two hander, buddy action comedy that you can like. It's you know, hour and forty five minutes. You can enjoy anywhere you want.
Speaker 1: The screen or do you prefer the home because you said.
Speaker 2: So this one it's weird because it's like, it's a big movie. We have huge effects and large scope. It would look it would look dope in the theater. At the same time, we got a great movie, and I want to be able to get it to audiences around the world. So now to be able to have an outlet like Prime Video, man, and like everybody around the world can watch this.
Speaker 15: I think though I have tried to cut you, but I actually think that Amazon are leaving money on the table this one.
Speaker 4: I think, okay, so that.
Speaker 15: It's a big scale movie, it's an absolute marvel of filmmaking and it deserves to be seen in that form.
Speaker 2: I think it's built under the construct of those buddy action comedy movies that we used to go to the theaters.
Speaker 4: And exactly I can't debate you on there.
Speaker 2: I agree, but I mean this is you got to play the hand your delt where we're at, and I'm grateful to you forgiving us a platform. They better want to wrote the check to have us do the movie. So we got a great movie, and I think it's a great feeling to be able to say man, I want more out of this.
Speaker 4: It's that good. It feels that good.
Speaker 21: So I was going to ask what you're saying that did you feel that way from the minute you read the script or when you're making the movie, because it feels different when you're shooting something in theater versus something that goes to streaming.
Speaker 7: I think it's the execution.
Speaker 15: When we's making the movie, you know, the scale of the stunts, the style of it, and now it's reminiscent of those big theater productions, so enduring it, we knew that, Ah, this is a bigger movie than you know, your average you know, streamer movie. No disrespect to that, but there's a certain way you make movies for the cinema, and this was made for the cinema.
Speaker 4: Why didn't they get there?
Speaker 3: Because I have a producer friend, and my producer friend said, you know, nowadays, you should just make the film and you'll know where it should be after you make it.
Speaker 4: So why didn't make it the theater?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, that's a that's a question I think far above our paid and I always I always operate under the construct of it's not I'm not writing the check. The best I can do is give the picture the best I can do. And uh, you know, people, people I've had. I just had a production company by a movie called acn Verse Coyote that Warner Brothers shelf what we did the movie? Everybody, no, no, yeah, it's with the Warner's animated characters.
Speaker 4: Myself, Will Forte, P J.
Speaker 2: Bryan Dave Green directed and because of budget cuts, Warner Brothers chose to shelve the movie. I totally understand that it's their movie. They can do what they want with it. So the best you can do is, well, man, it happens. I'm not I didn't pay for the movie, you know, I was. I was paid to provide a service.
Speaker 7: I did that.
Speaker 2: I was compensated fairly. And they at the end of the day were like, you know what, now we don't want anybody to see.
Speaker 1: This when something a shove like that, is it because the movie is bad or is not the right time? Because when this movie goals, did they say, you know what, John, you know that your last one did amazing. Let's put this one back and put it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So again they own it. So they ended up selling it to another production company, and that company is gonna put it out, Oh gotcha.
Speaker 4: So another company.
Speaker 2: Saw the positive upside of it, spent some money, Warner sold it, and now the movie's going to see the light of day. But like that's an example of men. Why didn't go to theaters or why is it on streaming or why is it on the shelf?
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 15: But this, this movie, this movie we made over two years, right partly because in the middle of it there was an actors strike, Yeah, and strike, and in that time, the whole industry was on its back, you know what I'm saying, Like, no one was sure of other theater so you know, they went for the safe bed.
Speaker 7: Let's put this on streaming.
Speaker 15: They could have pivoted, right, but still, up until like maybe Sinners, everyone was still a bit precarious.
Speaker 7: About the cinema, a little bit worried, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: I feel now that the landscape has shifted, there's a movie like this would work really well.
Speaker 7: In the cinema.
Speaker 4: I agree, you happy to be there on prime video. But I.
Speaker 6: Also had crazy chemistry and suicide Squad. What was it like revisiting that dynamic in HEAs a state?
Speaker 15: It's great, it's great, I mean actually they were just doing the same thing different costumes.
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of the Peter Stafford, our producer who worked with us on the Suicide Squad, would hear us riff and be like, man, we got to keep this act going. So he basically kept the act going under the guise of heads of state.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of improv comedy.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: The script.
Speaker 2: The script is really good, and I think it was because they saw us and hey, could you write something in the dimension of this, And like a lot of the comedy is through the action too, and like that's that makes it even more global because you don't understand what we're saying. You can appie in the face get to laugh every time. Yeah, so a lot of the action is is comedic.
Speaker 4: A lot of the comedy.
Speaker 15: But you know, you get those rappers that can walk in the room and just fly off lyrics just like flawless off the bar.
Speaker 7: Meaning this dude with the improv.
Speaker 10: I couldn't keep up.
Speaker 7: I could not keep up half of it.
Speaker 15: Then make a movie that's his wrestling background exactly, exactly exactly, and you're both presidents in the movie, correct president.
Speaker 1: And breaking down of how you guys meeting what happens for people that are interested in the movie.
Speaker 15: So at the beginning of the movie, right, the Prime Minister of England, Sam Clark and the President of the United States, well, Will Damager do not really get along. Okay, my character has been a politician for six years in a movie. You know what I'm saying. There's a cultural shift, mismatch. Anyway, we don't get on. We're leaders of the free world, you know, and we find ourselves in a situation that neither of us expected. We go onto his plane, Air Force one. It gets hijacked, see what I did? Anyway, moving on, it gets taken down, and he and I find ourselves in a survival film.
Speaker 7: And it's that obviously, you know.
Speaker 15: You start the movie at the end opposite ends of each other, and you find it work your way towards each other. There's a real big reason why these two have been hijacked, and and that's what we find out in the film.
Speaker 1: Did this movie make you look at politics any different? Either one of you?
Speaker 2: I think if you watch the movie, you'll understand, like, it's just a pretty decent thrill right, It's escapism is a thriller.
Speaker 21: It's definitely escapism too, and it has like a comedy element. But when all the stuff recently happened with all the nukes where you're like, oh, this this nuclear stuff, like you'all were like, oh the time of it, this is kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: This is crazy.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that the promotional tour might get interesting. Yeah, I was thinking.
Speaker 5: Especially because you played the US President.
Speaker 4: I played the US President in a movie. Yes, yes, symbols.
Speaker 1: Is there any yah?
Speaker 9: Who are the three? Be specific three John with sex symbols?
Speaker 4: What do I symbolist ejaculation? People love us women? You know, women love us.
Speaker 1: Guys look up to us like this symbols.
Speaker 4: Ask you a question? What does he symbolize? Answer? He said, is the premature ejaculations? Is that the sex that they handsome?
Speaker 25: Just say it like that is what I'm telling yall. Can this whole room, I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 1: And you know, do you have to make sure that you always are on T when you walk out the house, that.
Speaker 3: You always this is basically it is like do you be given or do you not be giving?
Speaker 21: The girls be saying on T it's crazy asking.
Speaker 1: You go outside. You always have to be on point because you are like me sex symbols.
Speaker 15: Uh No, I mean I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 15: No, I just I like to make sure my elbows and my ankles look don't look ashy.
Speaker 9: That's about you had like five of the same shirts too. Was that your stylist, that was what you?
Speaker 15: Yeah, because I sweat, you know what I'm saying something, I had to take that off and put the fresh one on.
Speaker 7: Very observants.
Speaker 5: Got damn shirts.
Speaker 21: I saw them on the hanger, and I'm like, that's a great stylist because it's hot outside and he's trying to do a bunch of interviews today.
Speaker 9: That stylist is very smart.
Speaker 7: All right. So if you're observing what color with those shirts.
Speaker 9: They were that color?
Speaker 4: Now it was white.
Speaker 7: N you messed up. Now this is cream and those are white and that.
Speaker 9: Was white and off white.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, all we got move with it, just Elbert and John Cena. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: In the morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's telling j Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy we are the breakfast Club. La La Rosa is here as well. We're still kicking with it. Just Elbert and John Cena. The new movie had a state, it's out July.
Speaker 3: John, Why don't folks ever really leave the WWE like no matter how much success, like you or the rock Head and other places like, they don't the money.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I'm retiring this year from competition. In December, I will be done, and I will actually be the first. I know you don't believe me, but my accents will define you know, hopefully change your opinion. I think it's a it's a combination of Certainly it's very lucrative. But as a live performer, gosh, that going out there in front of fifteen thousand people and having them go crazy for you is a is a pretty nice feeling. But it's just the physical toll. I can barely hang on right now, Like I have certainly lost a step, And I promised myself and I made open, accountable promises to the fan base that when I get a step slower, I am stepping out the door. So the business has been great to me. I've been in it for twenty five years. I got eighteen more dates left this year, A last man to be in December, and that's going to be the door shutting on me.
Speaker 15: Can I ask you a question? So the way that wrestlers, you know, transfer to acting. Do you think actors can transfer to wrestless?
Speaker 4: I do, I do.
Speaker 7: I just.
Speaker 1: This guy list you would be fine, all right.
Speaker 15: I don't think I would even wrestle. You know, one of them guys that just talks a lot, you'd be great.
Speaker 4: You still got to get in the ring everyone while, you know, fall down.
Speaker 15: Get up and just you know, I'll have some magic powers and talks, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, we've tried the magic powers thing a few times, and that's that's a shot in the dars. Still get hurt.
Speaker 1: You still get hurt, your pain and get broken bones.
Speaker 2: Like it's like any it's like any other physical thing, like of course you get hurt. What we do is we we essentially tell stories through live stunt. It's a physical thing. Like of course you get hurt. I have a list of surgeries a mile long. Thank goodness, nothing has been incapacitating. Another reason why I want to close the door. I'm good I made it through. You know, but it is a physical thing, and we perform a lot.
Speaker 21: You've been talking a lot about, like your physical health, which a lot of people in your arena don't do like they kind of shine away from because they want to seem like, you know, they're always these like superheroes. A bit is that where we're going to see a lot more from you in your retirement because I know you now are like the SPF ambassador Forena skin cancer battle and we talk a lot about that.
Speaker 2: Well, they hired me because of the you can't see me stunt. Neutrogena came out with the sunscreen you can't see and they're like, oh, we'll get the you can't see me guy. And when I show up to do the campaign, I'm like, thank you, guys. I just had too scarce. I had two spots removed of like basil melanoma, and they're like, man, I was kind of introduced through sunscreen through this campaign. I just had another spot removed. So now I've had to go in three times and get a call to be like, hey, the biopsy was cancerus. We got to come in and dig out your shoulder again. But by the way, it's just ignorance. Had I known, like, hey, just you know, use some sunscreen and that you could have prevented this. So if well, you know, if people listen to what I have to say, and I can just help somebody not get that phone call. That's a cool deal. And at the same time, you're being able to have a brand partnership that isn't just a cheap ham sell of like, hey, this product helps save my life, and I don't I don't mind sharing that. I don't mind sharing my ignorance and failures with an audience if it can help them be a little bit smart.
Speaker 1: What do you do with fans, because wrestling fans are some of the wildness, right, what do you do when fans cross that line?
Speaker 2: So I've also had the luxury of a lot of experience with that, And if you asked me that ten years ago, my answer would be different. Starting out trying to gain a following, you want to give as much as you can, and then you get that following and you realize, well, in order to give, I've lost the ability to essentially have all the luxuries that of anonymity, that's privacy. That's a little frustrating. So I thought I went through a period of thinking that work is different than human in my human life, and I'm a human here and I'm working here, and you need to leave me alone. And that's that is a perspective that wasn't successful. I am not perfect because there are some days I wake up grumpy and there are some days I am short on patience. But if there's one thing I'm really trying to hit the throttle on, it is just have a second of empathy for everyone. And that is there's a difference between like fans and memorabilia hounds, because memorabilia is, you know, it's a business. But even those people that are doing that don't necessarily care about you or for you. Your thing is going to help them financially. I used to look at that as a way of like, man, I'm just gonna sell You're sign this and you're gonna sell it. But yo, my work can be a vehicle to help someone, and maybe that's maybe that's my give back. Maybe one signature at a time, I can help give someone resources to have a better life. And I try to keep that mindset. I will say it is tough because sometimes I'm with my wife, I worry about her safety because people don't pay attention.
Speaker 4: They just want what's out for them.
Speaker 2: They are they don't have a lot of empathy of the scope afield. You know, I got followed by three or four people a few nights ago. And I'm in the car and I'm like, all right, I just told the drivers change lanes. Three cars, changed lanes. Change lanes again. All right, pull over the guys pull over. They come out, dudes, get out of a car. The third car, the guy's staying in there. And I told my wife's to stay in the car. And I'm like, guys, come here, come on, get out of the car. And I said, what you're doing is wrong.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 2: And the driver of the car is like, yeah, I know. I said, okay, listen, you want autographs.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: You didn't get a chance to get it. Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna sign your stuff, but please, you know what you're doing is wrong. Just get in your car and turn around. Because we're about to be in a position where I'm gonna have to take a step that's gonna put everybody under a microscope because if you stock me, I got to involve the authorities. I don't know how that's going to go after that. Here's what you want, And normally I would just be pissed off. I just took a deep breath. Here's what you want, Is it okay? If we come to agreement, lean in with kindness. You guys just bang a U turn. Everybody's happy. And I got to tell you, I don't think that approach is going to work one hundred percent of the time. But they would all just bang the U turn and left me on my way. President, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: You don't know what's going on in those cars.
Speaker 2: So I honestly just believe in the good in humanity, and I think instinct can tell you if a situation is one that you should avoid approach. I don't use security. I don't have like an entourage. I haven't. I believe that that people are genuinely good, and I also believe that when things start to boil over, diplomacy can be good. I've been in some pretty shaky situations, and I've also been in places where you've got to get the out. But here's the thing about having a small footprint. I can move and I can go fast. So if I need to get out, I'm only one person. I'm not twenty five people, and sometimes the idea of twenty five people is security, but it's also attention.
Speaker 1: It is said that what you just said, no scurity, that's been dealing what you doing?
Speaker 3: Knockers like women be chasing you down, wanting to know it's different, it's different.
Speaker 7: Women shown that.
Speaker 4: Again that women be wanting to stalk you and wanting to suffer. Wow, you know what I heard? That means the phrase the phrase it's such a phrase is cool.
Speaker 7: But they act said which was not not that great.
Speaker 15: But you know, I don't have those issues if I'm really honest, you know, I mean not really now. I mean apart from the how on those the guys that want the signatures and all of that, that's one thing I have security just because I think it's safer. I don't have the temperament to do the diplomacy thing every time, and rather than do that, I just have Jama just be like not today, gents, And that's just easier for me.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: I understand, like John getting out of the car, in my temperament, that might end up in the altercation, right, And usually people get threatened if you try to approach him, you know what I'm saying. So I don't really go for that. I understand why he does it, and it works. He's nimbles gets it and gets out.
Speaker 7: But I prefer to go.
Speaker 15: You have a question, okay, I mean, what's your question? My question is how comes I'm not on the wall? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 7: Where's the wire on the wall?
Speaker 4: Well, the radio station.
Speaker 1: And people that actually been on the show that we interview.
Speaker 7: I've been on the show.
Speaker 10: Exactly talking about earlier.
Speaker 3: He just clapped heads of State that video July second, just elbow John, thank you someone for joining us.
Speaker 1: It's okay, we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for giving us a wonderful environment on a sometimes repetitive schedule of promotion. This is a conversation.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Now, let's get to the latest.
Speaker 5: With Lauren Lng becoming a straight fast.
Speaker 4: She gets them.
Speaker 10: Somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 9: I'm a lone girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 4: She'd be having the Latest on the.
Speaker 16: Lawn.
Speaker 4: The Latest with Lauren La Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 4: The Latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: So it mentioned previously.
Speaker 21: Christian Colmb's Diddy Son Drop new music produced by Kanye West. It is a project called never Stop. We have a few songs off of the project. Let's take let's take a listen to Diddy Free.
Speaker 3: I disagree with the title of the album. It's called Devil Stop. You should know when to stop, okay, and now is the time to stop. Your daddy is on trial fighting for his life, and you using that for marketing, didn't he He didn't learn from the last time when he did that free start talking about the house.
Speaker 5: But that aside.
Speaker 6: The beat go crazy, but I could hear somebody else on it, like I don't know, baby boy rap like you know, like he not really confident yet. Baby Boy had a commanding voice, like oh yeah, like this because that that beat you post, I can hear yay on that. That's that's the beat you.
Speaker 5: Like, go in like you perform on.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean you know what he raps like somebody who grew up around rap his whole life and wanted to be in it. But he don't really got it and he always just seems like he drops things at the wrong time.
Speaker 4: And that was the wrong time. They just did closing arguments yesterday.
Speaker 1: It don't sound as bad as y'all say.
Speaker 6: But no, no, no, no, no, no, I actually just said, yeah, big up the beat and all of that.
Speaker 1: But I just I just feel like, I just it's bad timing. I wouldn't put it out.
Speaker 3: I ain't say it was bad. I ain't saying it was good either. I'm just saying it's just the record, and like, yeah, it's just terror time. And nobody wants to hear that from him right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he on the witnesses everything they're gonna learn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he clearly didn't learn the last time. He literally told you and told y'all hit the wrong house.
Speaker 1: Okay. I would waited, okay, at least a week.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna lie like that.
Speaker 4: One man fought on that record, you know, don't.
Speaker 5: Fought on it that. I don't want to fight like that.
Speaker 3: I did like that can't stop, won't stop record that black though back then, Oh yeah that was that was.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think it's that bad. I just think it's it's bad timing. Right, you got these witnesses, you got everybody, And I get it because that's his pops. So he wants to defend his pops. He wants to go out of all the people that he's probably seen at is you know that his pops and help and now they turned his back on them. But I just think it's bad timing that right now.
Speaker 3: Wait wait a week, because be over, wait a year, like let your daddy figure out what weeks because it'd be over in a week.
Speaker 1: This course the court case over the.
Speaker 4: Man figure out what's gonna happen with your pops.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this way, it was weird to be using this as marketing because that's what he's doing. He's using this whole situation as marketing.
Speaker 1: That's wha uh I mean?
Speaker 9: Or is it whack?
Speaker 21: Or is it just him expressing itself because we're gonna move on from this because I do want to get to the second story. But he also has a song on this uh this project about his mom and missing his mom too, so it's not just about his dad, but he's going through that in real time.
Speaker 1: He was using this, this the whole case, that's marketing to sell an album. But but what else.
Speaker 9: Is he going to talk about right now?
Speaker 5: And then there's more so I was saying, is this a little bit that we heard?
Speaker 6: It's more so on him saying like the family, like y'all don't turn y'all back on us now, it's not really like subjected to only his dad is literally him.
Speaker 5: He talking about him and his siblings.
Speaker 4: He can tweet that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well right. But I do like the last record though, But what you say, Lauren.
Speaker 21: I was saying, I wanted to get to this Tea Pain story, so completely separate than all the Diddy stuff.
Speaker 9: But so yesterday there was an interview that went viral.
Speaker 21: This interview was actually from eight days ago on the Crash Dummies podcast. T Pain was speaking on Drake on the podcast and on viral Let's say a listen.
Speaker 26: One thing I learned from Drake was one thing he hasn't followed his own words. Drake said, I want to be one of the people that gracefully bow out and not get kicked out. I have ever since said, I see y'all want I dropped, don't worry about it, and I just drop.
Speaker 4: Let me know if you heard it.
Speaker 1: Drake is like, no, listen, okay, I got another one.
Speaker 7: I'll check this out.
Speaker 10: Check this out.
Speaker 4: Y'all ain't like that one?
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick, just one more, let me try one more.
Speaker 26: And then he's the person that he said, you know he didn't want to be and I learned that from him. Like when he said that I want to gracefully by not get kicked out, I was like, you know what, I'm out this mother.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to impress y'all.
Speaker 7: I live or die.
Speaker 1: I'm done.
Speaker 26: I did everything that I'm trying to do. I'll changed the game. I made a sound.
Speaker 21: What else Now, this one viralom though it was an eight day old uh interview, because Drake actually commented in the comments of a blog that reposted this interview and said, this guy always this guy's always had resentment for you can hear it every time he speaks on my name. So of course then blogs went and picked up Drink's comment. And I didn't even know that there was like a little TIF tiff between the two of them.
Speaker 1: I had no clue.
Speaker 5: It's not I had no just responding to me whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I would feel a way too Drink is not over, like he just had a number one record.
Speaker 21: Well, to add more context, if you watch the full interview, he wasn't necessarily trying to say well maybe he was more so talking about knowing when it's your time to kind of like take a step back. And he said he learned his lesson with that. Let's take a listen to a t pain on dropping albums now.
Speaker 26: I'm not saying that I'm gonna stop making music, but album the album process is not my favorite anymore. I will drop singles, i will drop albums. I'm not going to promote it. I'm not gonna sit there and try to convince you. If you want to hear it, I'll tell you where to go get it. But I'm not doing the process.
Speaker 4: Of showing up at the breakfast.
Speaker 26: FuG Me and Scharlamagne and had our quarrels already. We done, did our things already, and we have respect for each Now. We know that we respect the game, but we know that is not worth it. We've done years and years and years of this work and then your album could be shut down by one meme. I'm not willing to put my mental health at risk for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I absolutely agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Drake not done. Everybody.
Speaker 3: Everybody eventually gets to the point where you're not as hot as you was, but Drake will always have a core base defeat I think.
Speaker 21: More I was leaning into how some people felt like Drake should have took it second and not released so much music after all the Kendrick stuff and let things because people were gonna come for you either way. I agree with that, That's how I took it, But that isn't what he said. So I can understand my Drake was upset.
Speaker 4: But what you do the TP What I do to t Pa?
Speaker 9: Yes, I ain't doing nothing to.
Speaker 1: That's my guy, pay him in a pay a bunch of times. But I would say the thing with Drake has had big records in the last two years after the whole Kendrick beef, So I don't know why people think Drake's career is over. Your kid is still a big record that plays big in the clubs. We played a year and what a year ago? Two years ago we played the Drake and Sizzle. That was another record like he's had records Draking, like he's had records.
Speaker 4: On the charts. Back back in the day, I did tell t Pain that he couldn't sing without auto them.
Speaker 21: We have the audio of not the back in the day, but him recounting the encounter with you. Let's listen to Tea Pain speaking on Charlemagne.
Speaker 7: You know when Kanye went to Breakfast Club to Charlamagne was like.
Speaker 4: Jesus was whack to his face. I didn't like that at all. And I was a Kanye West fan, but Jesus was white to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's great, that's great.
Speaker 1: Got out of that though. That was like his thing.
Speaker 26: The first time I met Charlotte Man, He's roasted the out of me brand new artists. I didn't know how to respond to that. I responded with pure violence, like, bro, what is your problem? You want to get like, what's her problem? I was like, bro, who do you think you are? Like Charlamage the god when I talked to the streets listen like on a radio station or something like you gotta stop doing Yeah.
Speaker 5: That literally sounds like something that chelam Haynes was said. And he'll say, I talked the streets to listen, and when I talked to.
Speaker 1: He said, Charlamagne changed for five minutes before he just farted.
Speaker 4: On some bars. But you know, so crazy.
Speaker 3: T Paint also said that that time he came to South Carolina made him take singing more seriously, and he stopped smoking and everything else to take his vocals more seriously.
Speaker 9: You will make somebody take some serious.
Speaker 6: Actually can sing without auto tune.
Speaker 5: It was just something that he was doing.
Speaker 6: But he did, I think, invent the trend of that sound being cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because back then he couldn't sing without it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean, but you know that for sure that he didn't want to miss style.
Speaker 4: You know line that's when Pat had one record it was it was scrippled, scripple.
Speaker 6: And he's still never missed. So shout out to him, phenomenal. Shout out to Drake too. But I didn't even think what Sea Paint said about Drake was like saying like.
Speaker 5: His career is over.
Speaker 6: I just took it as like he was talking about the beef side of it, like bow wow, Gracefully. I didn't even think about him saying that. I didn't took it like you've saying Drake's careers over.
Speaker 21: Drake seemingly took it like that in his comment, all right.
Speaker 1: We gotta we gotta go, guys. All right, but that's the latest. That's the latest with Laura. When we come up, we got Donkey of the day, the People's donkey.
Speaker 3: You know, people get calling on Fridays and give folks to credit they deserve for being stupid.
Speaker 4: So hit us up right now. One hundred five one five one.
Speaker 1: Let's get into a t paying joint. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, wake up, you're like into the breakfast club. Rocket Mortgage is lowering down payments to one percent for eligible home buyers with one plus. You heard that right, one percent down on a home with one plus from Rocket Mortgage. Learn more today at eight hundred four rocket or Rocket dot com. Rocket Mortgage LLC licens in fifty states and MLS consumer access dot org hashtag thirty thirty.
Speaker 4: It's your time to nominate a donkey of your own. Remember now, that's it's how they choose.
Speaker 1: I call in now eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one.
Speaker 16: Yes.
Speaker 3: Donkey today for Fridays June twenty seventh is the people's donkey on Fridays. We'd like to open up the phone lines and allow you, the listeners, to give people the credit they deserve for being stupid.
Speaker 4: So good morning, Hey, good morning, peace pease who this?
Speaker 1: Oh this is siky, I gotta.
Speaker 19: Don't talk to okay, I work clitic.
Speaker 16: If you.
Speaker 19: If you your appointment, don't.
Speaker 18: Come that one o'clock. It's not you have it your way for Jesus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's disrespectful.
Speaker 3: If your appointment at ten and you four hours later, I don't even know how you can expect to be seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's too much exactly.
Speaker 1: Don't come early, don't come come.
Speaker 3: You work at the clinics, so people that be coming in there for gonnerhey and chlamydia and all that type of stuff like that.
Speaker 19: I work all types of clitic you're rolling.
Speaker 3: Like, Yeah, if you got a youast infection of gone rhea or chlamydia.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You should be taking your ass day on time because why would you want to have any of those things a second to a second past the time you're supposed.
Speaker 4: To have it?
Speaker 21: Exactly, But yeah, that's my dosy stop coming anytime you want, come on time.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I appreciate you. That's just nasty. You should be trying to get rid of those things as soon as possible. Make sure you get your chlamydia appointments on time.
Speaker 4: Good morning? Who's this?
Speaker 19: This is Kenya?
Speaker 4: Kenya? How are you?
Speaker 18: I'm good?
Speaker 3: I'm blessed black in Holly Fair. But who you want to get a biggest he hart to.
Speaker 19: To y'all, go Brent. Last week was on hold.
Speaker 1: Who I was trying to.
Speaker 3: Why would they ever keep you on whole two hours? Why would you have a stay on whole two hours? We are not that important?
Speaker 5: Like after that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 8: I was trying to get what.
Speaker 16: I'm saying, like I'm looking at y'all every day.
Speaker 18: I believe I was thirteen broke.
Speaker 19: And I been y'all, and I just just to say, Hey, Charlotte P.
Speaker 3: So you're almost thirty now, but who you want to give donkey today to you? Go ahead, don't waste don't waste your time to y'all. Oh, I thought you. I thought you was going to okay, Well, thank you last what you said Trump, and now you want to give it to us just because we had your on hole for so long?
Speaker 20: From me wrong?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that's right.
Speaker 4: Cap. Good morning. Who's this there there?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: For Rock for Illin North D'Angelo. Who you want to get the biggest he had too.
Speaker 18: I want to get it first off the morning, Charloah, Jeff dj Envy in the morning.
Speaker 16: But I like to give up a big key hall to everybody who.
Speaker 18: Go to jail for hustling and get back out and didn't get it right and go again.
Speaker 16: The next time you are the biggest donkeys. Believe it, your children and family will suffer from mistake.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 4: I agree with that wholehearted. I agree with that with any crime.
Speaker 3: If you go to jail or commit any prime and then bring your stupid ass home and commit the same crime again, you hey, you deserve whatever.
Speaker 4: You get the haul they asked. Then yes, yes, sir, thank you for calling brother. Good morning. Who was this, yo? What's happening?
Speaker 19: I want to give a Dunky of the day to Keisha Davis Man went from one of my favorite fighters to real donkeys.
Speaker 4: What happened with Keishaan?
Speaker 20: Remember hit?
Speaker 4: Wait he missed waiting? Then him and his brother somebody? Yeah, dump the.
Speaker 19: Dude that this beat his brothers. Yeah, and now they're talking about kick.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I forgot about that.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 4: That seemed like so long ago.
Speaker 19: Man, you're my boy, You my boy. I knew you was gonna give him Dunky of the day one of these days, but you did.
Speaker 3: I was gone. I was in France when all of that happened. And when I got back. Yeah, I forgot about it when it came. When I got back, I didn't remember.
Speaker 4: Tell you said something? Just nothing?
Speaker 19: Yeah, and I want to get with you on my daughters. He going to thank John's next year, he's gonna start.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, coula man, Mathew, listen, better better than sing part?
Speaker 10: Really you got be nineteen years old?
Speaker 4: What's her name? I'm gonna look her up? What's her name? Look?
Speaker 11: Come up?
Speaker 19: See the best juco player in basketball? Her name beautiful?
Speaker 4: Why he beautiful? Why he guess?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Gracious?
Speaker 4: Hold on?
Speaker 3: Beautiful? So I said beautiful? WHYI okay, sophomore? God time was saying, I'm gonna check her out right now. She played number three.
Speaker 19: Okay, y'all see nice, she'll be leaving. We live in Milwaukee, by the way, and she'll be leaving uh next week.
Speaker 3: She averaged seventeen points, seven rebounds, three assist the game.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, nice.
Speaker 3: Hey, I well, that's why I listen to the show every day because I'm married with kids and I do all the things you'll do.
Speaker 19: So I just relate.
Speaker 3: Man, Hey, thank you man, And I really I really respect you, man. I respect what you're doing with your daughter. Man, And that's a that's a very powerful name. I hope y'all got that trademarked and everything.
Speaker 19: Are we working we work.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're working.
Speaker 19: But I'm all the way in Milwaukee. I'm an ee y'all. I'm an y'all.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, if en, you go out there and do what you suposed to do at Saint John's, we will be up here telling the world about it. Believe me, be beautiful. Ye, you can't forget the name. I love you, dog, love you two king, Appreciate you man.
Speaker 4: Listen. That is other people's donkey. We do that every Friday.
Speaker 3: You can call up and give somebody the credit they deserve for being stupid. I now, when we come back, Jeffrey Katzenberg and Hourri Robert Hendren will be here.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard the name Jeffreykatsinberg.
Speaker 3: You know, he served as the chairman of Walt Disney Studios from eighty four to ninety four. Some of your favorite animated films, from Aladdin to Beauty and the Beast to The Lion King.
Speaker 4: He had his hand and all of that.
Speaker 3: Then he left Disney and went and started Dream Works with Steven Spielberg and David Geffen. He did that until twenty sixteen and then he sold that and now he is a CEO and founder of Aura and Aura is a technology company dedicated to simplifying digital security for consumers and giving parents away to stay on top of their kids and what they're consuming on these social media platforms without being too in basive. So we're gonna be talking to Jeffrey Katzenberg and Harry Robert Condrey when we come back on the World's Most Dangerous Morning Show to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 27: Over busy with all the school activities, et cetera. And then summer came along and she We thought it should feel a lot better because it was, you know, no real activities, but she went the other way, really went sort of downhill and to like a scary point. So we had to get her some clinical help. And so until that point, we never looked at her phone or like any of her devices because were very, very sort of privacy sensitive. And I remember we dropped her off just about two years ago, came back home. They wouldn't let her keep telephones inside this facility. So that's the first time I actually looked at her phone, and when I did, I was stunned. I just you know, I was like, wow, Like there's so much going on with the kid that we had no idea.
Speaker 11: You guys have teenagers, Yes, yes you do, and I know that. And when you were growing up, your parents would be sitting across from you at a dinner table and they actually knew where you were, who you were with, and what you were doing, and with that they were able to shepherd you. Today, your kids, your teenagers, are sitting across the table from you on this device, and you cannot answer those questions. And you know, we The analogy I'd like to make about this because it just feels like an easy one to relate to, which is is that when your kids are ready to there are of age to be able to drive, what do you do.
Speaker 24: You get a learner's permit, You.
Speaker 11: Take them out to a Walmart parking lot, do any damage, right, and you start to teach them and they get and they then get a permit that allows them to drive only with an adult only during the day, and over the course of a two year, three year period of time, they get to a place where they're safe.
Speaker 24: And so the.
Speaker 11: Online world is one hundred x more dangerous, believe it or not than driving in a car. And I want to just share with you some statistics which is to give you how challenging and how problematic this is. So before Harry released this brand new.
Speaker 24: Products, only about six or eight weeks that it's been out.
Speaker 11: At twenty five hundred teenagers thirteen to eighteen years old, forty six percent of them are depressed, thirty five percent with social with draw, twenty two percent are up at night on scrolling when you think they're sleeping, thirty percent with low self esteem, twenty two percent with self harmed suicidal thoughts, and fifty two.
Speaker 24: Percent have eating issues.
Speaker 11: So again I asked you, as parents with teenagers, what do you know today? What insight do you actually have? What tools do you have to be able to onboard them into this world. There's a lot of great stuff around social media. There's a lot of reasons why you do want them on there, but you don't let a kid in a car today on board, and even when they are on board, you make them wear a sheap safety belt, you know.
Speaker 24: And that's what I'm.
Speaker 11: So proud of Hari and what he and his team have builtier our tools for you as a parent without spine on your kids, but being able to observe and therefore coach them as they get older out.
Speaker 24: Into this world.
Speaker 6: I actually definitely resonate with you when you said somebody had bought a mortgage in your name. That happened to me before years ago, right before I bought my house, Like before I actually bought my first house, I had realized that, you know, identity that was committed, you know, and people I had a car.
Speaker 5: I had never driven a car, mortgages and everything.
Speaker 6: And then what you just said my son, I realized I didn't know too much about who he was during the pandemic, right because we had to be inside with our children and going through his phone. Think similar to what you just attested to about your daughter. Like I literally was like, Wow, I don't know what this kid likes. I don't because I'm just assuming he likes what I like, or I'm just I'm not really.
Speaker 5: In his phone.
Speaker 6: He realizing that not even realizing that technology is like helping me raise him, and that's not how I want it to be.
Speaker 5: What exactly does Aura do?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: What what type of.
Speaker 11: Questions he'll tell you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 27: Look, I mean I think you hit on something that that I really didn't have a sense of until we went through this experience. And I think we think the truth is in real life, like in physical world, but for a lot of these kids, they're on their devices eight hours a day, so the truth's actually on the phone, like and I, you know, and I think it's a blind spot, like we have no idea what's actually happening there. So really the questions as we were going, as I was going through this experience personally, that that that were on my mind were the first one was is my kid safe? You know, are they like you know, whether it's sort of like you know, scary things online or just mentally and emotionally are they safe? The second, well, they're spending eight hours on these devices, what are they actually doing on these devices? And can I as a parent do anything about it? Those sort of the three things we set out to go try to help parents with. But we took a very clinical approach to this because it's just sort of an area where in some ways you're sort of in the kid's head now, right, and so you want to be really thoughtful about how you actually build this product. So we went hired a bunch of clinicians, We hired psychologists, psychiatrist, We partnered up with the Bostrom's Hospital because.
Speaker 7: They had a lot of awareness around this.
Speaker 27: So what we came up with was a system that based on everything from something as simple as how quickly they're typing on their phone to haptics, you know, how hard they're pressing the keys, to what apps are they using? To sort of patterns of sleep irrerregularity because they pick up their phone when they're not sleeping, so we can tell that. So we took all these things and came up with a system that, you know, look at markers for everything from hey, is my kid doing okay?
Speaker 7: Are they anxious? Are they stressed out?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 27: You know, what's their social behavioral patterns?
Speaker 11: So this is what is actually made possible, right, Yeah, So when we talk about the things about innovation that are going on and the positive things around AI, this has got to be near the top of it because without these tools, which didn't exist literally two years ago, this was not possible.
Speaker 1: We have more with Jeffrey Katzenberg and Harry Rever Condre when we come back is the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Wanting, everybody is the DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage, the guy we Are the Breakfast Club, Laura ros is here and we're still kicking it with Jeffrey Katzenberg and Harvey Robert Condren, Charlamage.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey Man you have. I mean, you were a super big dog at Disney. Like I said earlier, you ushered in what they called a Disney renaissance. Like, what was the what was the boldest decision you made during that era that could have gone either way?
Speaker 11: Well, I you know, I think the boldest decision, which was a decision that you know, really Michael Eisner and you know who is a CEO of the Do a Whole company at the time, made was that animation had been the heart and soul of the Walt Disney Company, even though it had declined to a point in nineteen eighty four, which is if you sort of look at the peak in the valley of Disney animation that that was the floor. It was really pretty grim. And Michael was the one that just said, we cannot thrive as a company if we don't reinvent, reinvigorate animation. My first day at work, you know, I went in and sat with him and I had my list of the things to do, and we went through it and he went, great, those are all good priorities and you know, movies and touchdone and all these different you know things television. And I was at one foot out the door and he said, Jeffrey, one last thing before you leave.
Speaker 24: He said, what's that? And he said, come over here. I want to show you something. And he was in this corner.
Speaker 11: At Walt Disney's old office and he said, look out there. He said, you see that building across the way there on the Disney lot. I said yeah, and he says, you know what they do there? And I went no, I have no ideas. And well that's where they make the animated movies. And I said, oh, that's nice. He said yes, and it's now your problem. And that was my introduction to animation. Now, the beauty of it is is that Walt Disney had this amazing archive of all of his work and his work product, of how he made each and ever going back to snow White, all of the processes, and all of his thinking and insights about it.
Speaker 24: And so I learned of.
Speaker 11: These archives, and with a group of people that were there at the studio, really sort of educated me to the Disney way.
Speaker 24: And when I think of the.
Speaker 11: Things that were the sort of the tent poles of the sort of rebuilding Disney animation all goes back to Walt so here a handful of things that I just learned immediately stayed with me every day.
Speaker 4: He said, we make.
Speaker 11: Movies for children, and the child in each of us. Wow, Now could there be anything more pure and simple and a north Star? So that little saying was on my desk and every day that's the first thought of the day.
Speaker 24: What are we doing? What is our purpose here in this?
Speaker 11: What are are we doing in terms of the the you know, goal of our of our content here? He said, My movies are only as good as their villains.
Speaker 24: So now let.
Speaker 11: Me share with you the villains for me Ursula ja'far Scar, Gaston far quad Tylong. I can go through all the movies that I've made animated movies in my career. We always had great villains.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 11: I could go on and give you more of those. But he had these amazing, amazing insights of just great storytelling, and and then there were things that were just pure, you know, fortuitous luck. David Geffen introduced me to Howard Ashman and Alan Mankin who had done Little Shop of Horrors.
Speaker 5: And that was like one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 11: Well, Howard and Allen really became like our guardian angels of like, how do you make movies that are musicals again? Because as an art form that had been forgotten, uh for for much of Hollywood, and for sure I think at Disney and so you know, in the world of things, if you had to pick between lucky uh and smart kick lucky every.
Speaker 3: Time, I always felt like there was a deeper intention in Disney movies. Like when you watch a movie like The Lion King, always felt like, you know, that was telling actually to me the plight of a black person in America, you know, being taken from a land they know, being brought to a land they don't know, not knowing the language, not knowing what to eat, being taught by the moment in Poomball. Who could have been looking at that as infuriated him like that?
Speaker 11: With that, Well, there really were two stories at work there. One was Shakespeare. It's called Hamlet, so let's give uh you know as much do as we can. The other is an experience that happened to me very early in my life. It's the specifics are not as important as the lesson that I learned.
Speaker 5: Nearly.
Speaker 10: But what I learned.
Speaker 11: Is is that you cannot run from the truth in life, like the truth will find you ultimately no matter how far you run. And so the way that was realized, it's not how it happened to me in my life, but because these are fables, they're not they're not they're not literal. But the way we realized that in the movie, and it was the thing about the movie that was most personal to me, is is that.
Speaker 24: Simba believes he was.
Speaker 11: Responsible for the death of his father, which we know he was not. He was set up by scar But that's what you that's his impression point of view is, oh my gosh, I did this irresponsible thing and my father died as a result of it.
Speaker 24: And what does he do.
Speaker 11: He runs and he runs and he runs and he runs, and no matter how far or how long he runs, it haunts him.
Speaker 24: He cannot escape that truth.
Speaker 11: And the only thing that frees him, wow, is when he returns home and faces his truth, which is his family, and is you know, Nala helps them, you know, sort of come back and face his truth. And so Walt Disney always again said that you know, my movies are and these were not his literal words are opportunities for learning lessons, and so he embedded in every single film.
Speaker 24: We tried to do the same.
Speaker 11: Just great life lessons that you could see through these animated cartoons done in a way that you know was a very kid and mom and family, friend and late that are just hard lessons that are important to learn. And every one of these movies has something fundamental.
Speaker 24: At the at the core of them. You know there is a message.
Speaker 11: It is with intent that he you know, he would do it. Sam Goldwin had this great saying in the live action movies, which is, you know, if you want to deliver a message called Western Union. Now I know today nobody listening to the show actually has any clue what Western Union is.
Speaker 5: And that was on the other side. I was sending people money and Jail I was.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because he said, friends, yes, hey, man, tell them how can you you know, I guess download or like what yeap?
Speaker 27: Just the www dot or dot com A U R A.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for joining us. We have passed the up. Next it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Everybody's DJ en Vy Jess hilarious showing me the guy we all the breakfast club. It's time for Past the Hawks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, DJ comes, what's up? Big Nihil, Nil.
Speaker 28: Simone and y l A Yes, Yes, good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 28: Another Friday, a lot of new music out.
Speaker 4: What we got.
Speaker 28: I'm going to start with this big extra plug in shaboozy record. It's like a country.
Speaker 4: Song, big extra plug and your boozy already intrigued.
Speaker 9: Yes, let's get into it.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 9: You are on today.
Speaker 4: That big plug is your That was hard, That was right.
Speaker 28: I like that, and I just love seeing people reclaim country music.
Speaker 4: Like maybe we never let it go.
Speaker 3: That's why you should read Alice Randalls My Black Country, The Past, Present and Future of Country Music for Black People's past, president future in country music, great history.
Speaker 4: Lesson than that.
Speaker 28: Bo Okay, maybe we never let it go. But it's becoming more mainstream again country for black people.
Speaker 10: Oh oh, who's who?
Speaker 28: What popular black person was doing country music before renaissance.
Speaker 3: It's a bunch of them, but I just don't want to just don't. I can't remember, I can't remember. You ain't got what called it?
Speaker 4: But yeah, there's quite a few.
Speaker 28: Okay, Okay, Well, next let's get into it. So Little dropped the rap album. Have you guys seen it. Yeah, she's been like going doing like parties and rapping her her verses leading up to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've been seeing a little things she'd been doing online. Well, yes, Well the full rap album is out.
Speaker 28: She had a song on there with Scizza called in Real Life and I actually like it because it's giving like affirmation.
Speaker 3: When you say rap is she doing? Balls are more like you know, chanting Little Johnnys.
Speaker 28: She the part that played actually wasn't the part that I had in mind when I when I said affirmations. That was more like cook into Scissor's part. But yeah, she is rapping, like actually rapping.
Speaker 4: It sounds bad.
Speaker 1: I like to hit the whole record, yeah, Like I don't like hearing clean records on the radio when when it's all dirty like that, I just can't get it.
Speaker 4: Honestly.
Speaker 3: I want to hear that big extra plug with God Damn Shaboozie again. I'm about to turn that on in the car.
Speaker 4: You hear me, look at you?
Speaker 10: I love that. Okay.
Speaker 28: I want to get into this Rory record called Bona Fide, and they've been describing this as like a spiritual knock if you buck.
Speaker 3: I feel God and knock if you buck way more than not doing that record. So I don't you called it a spiritual nug If you buck, why.
Speaker 1: They save your bread and it's it's a little it sounds noisy.
Speaker 3: First of all, nuck if you buck is a spiritual. It is a negro spiritual. When the devil bucks, God knucks. Can I get an amen? Okay, save your bread.
Speaker 1: Talk very positivity in this song, but it sounds very it sounds noisy.
Speaker 4: I feel God and knock if you buck way more.
Speaker 5: Than that record right there and bucking fight.
Speaker 4: You're talking about the devil. You don't be fighting the devil.
Speaker 28: You don't every day to fight the devil, day to fight the problem.
Speaker 3: That whole song is a about fighting the devil and fighting negativity.
Speaker 28: This is not about fighting the devil. I don't trying to dissect the lyrics, like that's.
Speaker 4: Why you compared that record. If you because you feel God.
Speaker 28: Anyway, bonfire check that out, bonfire.
Speaker 3: Okay, it sounds noisy and confusing. The devil is anon.
Speaker 28: I wanted to get into this Rick Ross faro one just because it was a combination that I wasn't expected. But I actually really like this. While they joint called where to Start tough, I think we.
Speaker 1: Played this a couple days ago.
Speaker 4: This is tough. It sound a little incomplete though, Why the hook sounds like that? Why it's not air? It's a sample?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a sample.
Speaker 28: But also I think Aria is like the new sound really yeah, Like I know in the pop world it's called bedroom pop, so I think they're doing it.
Speaker 3: Musical something like that in my bedroom music. My bedroom sounds very clear. I got a great sound system. But that is a tough record. It's a very tough to don't be.
Speaker 10: Missing it, really, don't.
Speaker 28: I love when he does popular nineties samples, and I love when new rappers do and do it well.
Speaker 3: But the problem is whatever label he signed to ain't gonna put a bag behind the record, and so the record ain't gonna go is he signed?
Speaker 28: Yeah, he signed the deaf.
Speaker 5: Gym oh God, damn okay mixture.
Speaker 28: You guys follow me on the grim at Nils Simon, But follow me on the grim at Nilo Simone n y la s y m O n e e E linkin bio. There's a playlist and just tap in. We got new interviews, new events on the way.
Speaker 1: All right up next to the People's Choice makes we throw back on a Friday, It's the Breakfast Clogan Morning wake Up.
Speaker 4: If you're like's into the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Rocket Mortgage is lowering down payments to one percent for eligible home buyers with one plus. You heard that right, one percent down on a home with one plus from Rocket Mortgage. Learn more today at eight hundred and four Rocket or Rocket dot com. Rocket Mortgage LLC licens in fifty states and mlsconsumer access dot Org. Hashtag thirty thirty.
Speaker 10: Warning everybody use the EJ and.
Speaker 1: Me just hilarious. Charlamagnea guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now yes out in Virginia this weekend.
Speaker 6: I am in VA Beach, y'all, so Norfolk come out, Virginia Beach, Virginia, come out. We got two shows tonight at Funnybone Comedy Club. We got two shows tomorrow as well at Funnybone Comedy Club.
Speaker 5: I will be doing meet and greet at the end of each show.
Speaker 6: No, not at the end of each show, at the end of each late show, So get your tickets if you have not yet. Tomorrow is sold out, so we only have Friday tickets available. Jesselari's official dot com can't wait to see you seven five to seven In all this.
Speaker 4: Rain, Big jests go pull up on big jests and also too.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: I want to remind.
Speaker 3: Everybody to make sure this weekend go out there and pick up a copy of No Hols Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power by.
Speaker 4: Man dB and WEEZYWTF.
Speaker 3: If you are a fan of the Decisions Decisions podcast, they have released their first ever book and it is out everywhere you buy books now, man, so go check out the Ladies of Decisions Decisions in their new book, No Holes Barred.
Speaker 4: Don't look over here like that, Envy. Why you look at me like that? Boy like that?
Speaker 5: Why did you?
Speaker 15: I know?
Speaker 5: Right, professional pounder, Right, that's what envy looking for.
Speaker 1: Shut up man. When we come back, we got the positive note and more. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Everybody's DJ Envy. Just Hilary Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Clever minding you. I got two car shows coming up, of course, July with in Hampton, Virginia, July nineteenth, Salutes everybody from the d MV area North Carolina that is pulling up. And then in August, I do my birthday call show every year in New Jersey. So I can't wait to see you guys. And also, happy birthday to our very own Charlemagne and Bring it's their birthday this Sunday. They are celebrating to Happy birthday to these fellas up here.
Speaker 3: Yes, the cancers out there. Why did nbsay earlier he wanted a professional pounder. That's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I did not say I wanted a professional pound I said, did he wanted.
Speaker 5: A professional wanted a professional pounder for this girl?
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: I wonder him like when Diddy was walking, because you know, allegedly they said he would have the GUIDs lined up and he'd be looking at penisizes. Did he ever look at one and be like, that's a quarter pounder?
Speaker 1: Yo, You're an idiot.
Speaker 5: You're an idio. I just wonder, well, if he come home, you can get the chance to ask.
Speaker 3: No man, that would be so funny if did he man? Can you imagine if Diddy came home did an interview up here?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, because he was his last interview. So what if we're his first interview after I don't think he would do.
Speaker 4: God, don bless me too much. He ain't gonna give me that one. That would be the first question.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you right now, everybody would be so mad at me because I would not be serious in that one at all.
Speaker 4: There's nothing to be serious about.
Speaker 1: Okay, my god, my god.
Speaker 4: My god.
Speaker 5: Three hour conversation and.
Speaker 1: We were still laughing and it just be over.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, listen, man, the positive. Notice this smooth. All the cancers out there. It is cancer season. Everybody's celebrating they born day. I just want y'all to know that God gave us the gift of life. It is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.
Speaker 4: I repeat, God gave.
Speaker 3: Us the gift of life, but it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well. So let's go out there today and make sure we give ourselves the gift of living well. Y'all have a great weekend, and have a great week because were going on vacation period.
Speaker 4: Breakfast club bit you y'all finish for y'all done,