Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaseelle Bryant. What's up? What's up?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon, and we are coming to you live from both of our houses.
Speaker 2: So are we today?
Speaker 1: Are we live? And we're not live? Well, I mean we're live in our real life right now at the moment. Yes, so not live if you're if this is a Monday an episode dropped on a Monday, No, we're not live. However, we are coming to you from our individual homes. Yep, because we both have extremely busy schedules, as you know. Bravo Khan, Well, this is you know, Aaron on a Monday, Bravo kN has just happened. However, we're recording prior to leaving for Bravo con Do we need to tell them that? Is that their business?
Speaker 2: That's not their business? I mean, we just let them know why we might sound a little different. I don't okay, okay, if we sound different, if it sounds like we're not in the same room, you don't let them know that we're busy. Also, we need to let them know I'm sorry. I don't have any Bravo con tea for you. Nothing, not yet, not yet, but we're gonna We're gonna spread the tea when it's time exactly.
Speaker 1: Wait until next week, wait until next Monday.
Speaker 2: So for sure.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you all once again for being here and for listening. We appreciate you all.
Speaker 2: Apps so freaking lutely, and thank you so much for watching season premiere of the Real Housewives up. But don bud, Okay, I'm not as excited as you. I mean, yes, I understand that this episode was a little robin heavy.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm just okay, I'm you know, full disclosure. I was enjoying my piece and quiet. I was enjoying my life side, my little bubble in my house.
Speaker 2: And now.
Speaker 1: Now I'm like, okay, everyone's over here judging my life right now and talking about you know, me and my husband and all of that. So you know, that's not fun.
Speaker 2: But it's okay.
Speaker 1: We'll see how long it takes for us to get through that. But yeah, I'm not I'm not really enjoying it. And I must say I was watching the episode on my laptop the other day. Yeah, and I usually try to do it in private or when other people are busy and distracted, Juan Antonio, and he happened to walk in, uh to hear you have very opinionated things to say.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no, oh no, I'm me and one on the outs right now maybe, oh no.
Speaker 1: I had to explain to him though, that, like you're doing your job, you can't sit up in front of it, you know, camera, and act like ain't nothing happened or whatever.
Speaker 2: And we're all good.
Speaker 3: So yes, yes, but we really like, I don't even tell you we're gonna keep it clean over here, yes, and I don't and tell one like the conversation that we have with the especially the conversation with Sharis and Ashley was a real conversation.
Speaker 2: And we love you and we support you, and we see where y'all are now and it's all good in the hood. Okay, we're gonna move on.
Speaker 1: Yes, but just you know, when you see him, when.
Speaker 2: I say him, give him a hug, don't give him hug, and don't give my hug, but give him give him a hug. Okay, give him a hug. That's all. Give a hug. Okay, all right, So do you have a reasonably shady moment, I do. Okay, let's hear this is great.
Speaker 1: So this actually is you are the culprit of this. Okay mm hm. So you know yesterday I was all excited, I'm watching you on TV. You were on Live with Mark and Kelly and Mark, Mark and Kelly, Kelly, Kelly. You were you were on Live with Kelly and Mark. That's the first time in eight seasons of Real Househouse a potomac was on there, and you know, they were talking, you were talking about Potomac, but you were also talking about the podcast. And this is where my reasonably shady moment comes in. Y'all said the podcast like five times. Y'all didn't say reasonably shady one time, not one time. You were you were referred to as a podcast host when she introduced you, and then anytime y'all talked about, you know, stuff that happened on the podcast, it was the podcast, the podcast, the podcast. You never you were said reasonably shady. I was like, I afft up.
Speaker 2: You know, it was so crazy. I didn't even realize that. Okay, a couple of things. One I afft up because I'm not doing my job over here, because you know, I'm I'm a major plug of reasonably shady, reasonably shady.
Speaker 1: I was shocked exactly like you will say reasonably shady like anywhere and everywhere, And I was like, Yo, what is going? And I didn't think that I was going to have to call you and like give you a pep talk and tell you, like make sure you say reasonably shady like ten times I screwed up.
Speaker 2: Okay, But and but before I went out, I had a conversation with the producers and they really wanted me to talk about my tagline.
Speaker 1: So that was going on in.
Speaker 2: My head, like we're gonna talk about the tag like I'm gonna we're gonna do that part, which I knew I had to explain because I knew that the audience did not know my children's names, right, So I had to explain that before.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I was ready for that.
Speaker 2: So when I did talk about the podcast, I think I blanked on that part because I was thinking about the tagline.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, man, we didn't even do the tagline. Didn't even you, like, yeah, your little second went by so quick. It was like, first of all, I can't even really they talked about me wanting to set you up with my landscaper, which, by the way, he put his foot in my yard. When you next time you come, you're gonna see all my new little my trees and my bushes and stuff. And so you might.
Speaker 2: Consider going on a date with him because he knows how to work with bushes.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly put his foot in my yard.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm another thing. I do have a thing that asked before we get to your reason shady moment. Yeah. So when they introduced you, they said, Kelly said she's a model, a podcast host, and a real housewife. Can you explain the model part.
Speaker 2: I didn't know where that came from. And Robin, I'm telling you, I just went with it.
Speaker 1: I said, Okay, this sounds good to make.
Speaker 2: I said what I said, Okay, y'all ain't giving me another title, thank you?
Speaker 1: I said, oh what, Yeah, so I heard that.
Speaker 2: I was like okay, because at first, when they said model, I was like, well, I thought it was my segment. I thought I was about to walk out who they talk about. I just went with it. Oh my god, I said, oh, this is great, this is funny.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think one is like he's cool now because he saw you on the When he saw you on in the morning, he was like yeah, He's like, oh, that's awesome, and that's great. He was he was cheering for you, so he got yeah, yeah, yeah, he got over the.
Speaker 2: Good Okay, my reasonable shady moment. I went to go visit my daughter, who is away at college, was homecoming and she was like, my man really wants you to come. So I said, okay, Grace, I will be there with bells on. So homecoming is like a lot of people, yeah, okay, in his serious business, it's get your mind right, it's the people right right. So I'm kind of giving, in the nicest way, a little bit of a PSA okay, because I love people that Oh. I love the fact that everybody loves the podcast. Everybody's like like if somebody says hey, Potomac, I'm like yeah. But when they were like reasonably shady, I'm like yes, So I was all I was all for that, off for all of that nice. And then over the over the time that I was gone, they time I would see somebody, they'd always be like, well, we listened to the podcast and we know you with your kids, so we're gonna leave you alone. So make me think everything have I said a million times when I met my.
Speaker 1: Kids, leave me alone?
Speaker 2: Happy for you all to leave me alone? Okay, so I appreciate you all for listening because that might let me alone and then let it be known that that's why they were leaving me alone. Oh that's funny. However, when I got to the homecoming, people would get excited. They would run up on me and they would grab me, like grab my arm, grab my shoulder or just like in excitement, just like say how can I take a picture, and like grab me? Okay, Oh no, I just want to say, if you grab anybody and the natural reaction is to turn around and fight right like a punch or like a hey, or like or yeah, like defend yourself. Like it's a little jarring, startled. Yeah. Yes. So after like the fifth time, I was like sweating, I was like, I can't people are grabbing me. I was.
Speaker 1: I was feeling a.
Speaker 2: Bit violated, and I just want to say, I love everybody that loves us, yes, but please, it's the PSA.
Speaker 1: Just don't grab me. Just roll up on me and be.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, let's take.
Speaker 1: A little tap, a little something, a little not even just yeah, I don't. I don't think either.
Speaker 2: Yes, but let's let's stay away from the grab hands. Yes, yes, oh my, it's just it's just a little jarring. It's a little scary. And I want to be as open to any and everybody that loves us, loves the show, loves reasonably shady. But yeah, no more touching, no more, no more. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I feel like even if you weren't a public figure, and so say you're at homecoming and one of like your friends from from college years ago sees you and they're rolling up on you behind you, it's still very startling for anybody to be like to grab you. You know, It's like what is happening? It's like whoa, yeah, yeah, so okay, so that's my thank you y'all. So y'all is shady that y'all grabbing me? Shady?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's very shady.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I do want to talk about because because you I know, I know that you can chime in on this. So last week I took my kid Kirk Franklin was in town.
Speaker 1: Whoo whooa oh, yes, how was that? It was fantastic?
Speaker 2: Okay, Like Kirk Franklin, it was like Kirk, Ti Tamala and her husband. It was a bunch of people. You don't know any of these people. I mean, I know they have no clue.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do. I don't know the names of their songs. But listen, it was it was the reason why I sing. I was all in it. I was singing to the top of my lungs. I was so happy. So i've I was with my kids. So I've taken my kids as you have to see. Well, we've gone to see Drake. I know recently you went to go see little Baby and so we laughed and the kids was like, ma, when we went to go see Drake. It smelled like weed, yes, but act the Kirk Franklin concern.
Speaker 1: It smells like shape butter. Oh, it smells so good in here.
Speaker 2: When I tell you what, Listen, my church people got in shape butter all over their body. Okay, because everybody in there smelling like some good old shape.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, we're your kids expecting it to smell like.
Speaker 2: Weed at a car.
Speaker 1: But they were blown away by the fact that it smelled so good.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, everybody, you know, God's people came ready. There was highly moisturized. Oh my gosh, highly moisturized.
Speaker 1: That is hilarious. We didn't even talk about our experience. I didn't know you went to Drake. I thought you said you weren't.
Speaker 2: I went no, no, no, no, I went to Drake. Not this time, but the last time years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, we didn't even talk about my experience a little baby. I literally my my stomach was upset from the amount of weed in the air. You know, it was like I just felt nauseous. I was like, oh my gosh, this is too much.
Speaker 2: Like yes, I get it's legal, but.
Speaker 1: Damn, but calm down right? Or how about this take an edible?
Speaker 2: Wonder that too?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my stomach I was nauseous. But but did the kids enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so that was Carter was Carter couldn't go. He was still on crutches. But Corey had a great time. He took his little female friend. She had a great time. He definitely. When I asked him, you know which one he enjoyed more, Little Baby or Beyonce? Okay, you know, of course, the answer was little Baby. But that was only because he knows all of little baby songs. So Beyonce. He just he enjoyed the entertainment value of Beyonce. He just don't know the songs, gotcha, gotcha? Yeah, but he recognized that Beyonce did her thing. Okay, speaking of songs.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad they posted this news. Did you see Janet Jackson and Jermaine dupri So, Janet and Jermaine were at a party together. They were sitting kind of like extremely close. Oh, Ashanti and Nelly were there, right, I am here, I'm here for this.
Speaker 1: It's like throwback relationships. So we are we saying that they are maybe dating Jana Jackson and Jermaine dupre that there's kind of how it looked. Were they cozy?
Speaker 2: They looked comfortable? Comfortable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe?
Speaker 2: And Janet posted it, so it's kind of like Janet was putting it out there. Okay, Okay, I'm here for it. I just want y'all to know if Ashanti and Nelly can do it, so can Janet and Jamaine do pray?
Speaker 1: I agree? And I feel like when people, you know, when you're in a relationship, when you're really young, like they were at that time, and it's you know, a whole lot of hoopla going on. You know, they probably actually really had chemistry, they really enjoyed being together, but for whatever reason didn't work out because it's just so much outside noise. And then now as they both of those couples are getting older, they're like, Okay, now it's time to kind of change my lifestyle, to settle down, to go back to the person that really made me happy and I was comfortable with. So maybe that's where they are in their lives. So yeah, I'm here for this.
Speaker 2: See, we shall see, we shall see. Now. I wanted to tell because I always tell you guys when there's something that I've watched that I super like. Have you seen that new movie with Jamie Fox?
Speaker 1: So I've seen the trailer for it, and I actually it's funny. Years ago, I was familiar with Willie. You're talking about Willy Gary, the lawyer. Yeah, So Willy Gary and my father were both in the same social men's group. So we would go to like conferences what they call them conclaves and different cities and stuff, and I just remember everyone being like, oh, that man is like really really rich.
Speaker 2: Like it was just like, yeah, like, oh, there's one Garry.
Speaker 1: He's like one of the richest black people. Okay, So anyway, I have not watched the movie, but I'm very familiar with whom the man that Jamie Fox is playing, which is really Willy Gary and his story.
Speaker 2: So but I've not watched it. I'm trying to remember what the name of the what the name of the movie is called. I think it's called The Burial, maybe the Burial. All of y'all that don't.
Speaker 1: Know who I am.
Speaker 2: My name is Willie Gary, William Gary, never heard of him. Litigation is war, it's a battle, and I'm not talking about no bullshit. I'm talking about some John Pard band, damn half kicking ship. It's fantastic and even if you know his story, Willi Gary's story. Yes, it's a burial, the Burial, Okay, Okay, it's Jammy Fox did an amazing job. So definitely put that on your things to do. It's on Amazon. It's great. This is this is after of course you have downloaded or what do you call that thing DVR The Real Housewives of and you've judged my life. Yeah yeah, okay, So a couple things about kim K, Like kim K is doing it.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's securing all.
Speaker 2: The bags all the bags, all the bags.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry, Okay, she's securing bags. We're going to get to the bag. The real one. Is she really securing a bag with a freaking nipple bra?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is she? I was Okay.
Speaker 1: I got an email because I've purchased from Skims before, so I get them marketing emails. Huh, and I could not believe what I was reading. I was like, I have seen it all. They literally are selling a brawl with freaking nipples, like yeah, with your with your high beams on. And it's so crazy because I get padded bras specifically to cover up my high beams. Right, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I I was actually with Charlemagne shout out to the Breakfast Club and Envy, and I asked them, is that a turn on for man? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And they're like, yeah, if you're in the bedroom, man, it's it's about to get popping. Yeah. But I'm like, no, let's say you're walking seven eleven or you know you're going to Target, and they're like, no, that's not a turn on, right. So I don't know if Kim missed the mark here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's just I'm very curious to see I'm curious to see the sales on that bra. Yeah, I mean it's like maybe not for them, I will say honestly, like so this is TMI you guys, but you know this will give it to us podcast. My high beams are always on? Okay, how how is that possible? I thought it was only when it's called outside. No, it's mine are always on. That's why I have to wear padded bras all the time. So Waughan loves my high beams and he's just like, he's like, why are you covering them up?
Speaker 2: Why are you covering them up?
Speaker 1: So he's like bringing them high beams. He's like, he's like, you don't need to cover them up. You need you don't need to wear a padded bra. And I'm like, I do. It's not appropriate for me to be out and my high beams are on. And he was like no, He's like, don't don't wear those padded bras.
Speaker 2: So he like light throws them away.
Speaker 1: No, I don't, hell no, but but he he thinks it's like I think for him because it's me, Like he finds it sexy. If you were to see me walking around without my nipples covered up, do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's actually what Charlotmagne said, like in the bedroom.
Speaker 1: But no, for him, it's like, okay, if one if we were out, say we went to a basketball game, he would he would be okay with my nipple, my hoppings being on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need for men to email us, Okay, I need to know is this sexy? Is this you want your woman to cover it up when she's out? And this is only for the bedroom, like let us know because we can conflicting conflicting reports.
Speaker 1: Yes, but but also it's like why would a woman I guess this is going along with Like, well, it's not even the same thing as a BBL because at least when you get the BBL, like you still once you take your clothes off, you still have.
Speaker 2: A fat ass.
Speaker 1: But here it's like you're like tricking men. You're over here putting on the hobby of bra with hobbies and then you get in the bedroom and they're like silver dollars, Like what that's crazy, that's trickery.
Speaker 2: That is trickery. Yes, that's trickery.
Speaker 1: The men have to let us know. Yeah, it makes no difference.
Speaker 2: Well let me say this, I'm not going to put a bra on that has showing nipples Like now, I'm not doing that right, But.
Speaker 1: If your nipples were like but do you would you want to cover your nipples up if they were hobbies?
Speaker 2: Yes, And I have girls and I tell them, go put on some nipple covers, Go put on a bra, go put something on. Yes, yes, that's not appropriate.
Speaker 1: Those insane. I could not believe my eyes. Okay, however, she is getting to the bag with this NBA partnership, which she is first of all the men's line number one, which I've read. So she released a men's line and they said they were selling like a million dollars a minute. A minute, okay a minute.
Speaker 2: How many minutes were we counting?
Speaker 1: I need to know how many minutes I was Please tell me it was like two minutes. Okay, let's hold up, let's be clear.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear. Like her stuff is very good, like I can't even hate on it. I mean, and you know, we've asked on reasonabachety for her to send us some kim Please, we'd be more than happy to talk about even further. But you know, I can only imagine how soft it feels for the guys like it's the material is so soft and buttery, and they probably want that on that delicate skin.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, I would definitely try it for the men in my house. I would definitely try them out. And then she took it a step further and has a partnership with the NBA, w n B A and the w NBA, which is USA Basketball. Yes, which is jius genius, like get all the bags. Okay, get all the bags.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you who not getting the bags, Madam Trousseau. Okay, so please yes, because lately the wax figures have failed. Okay, have you seen Dwayne Duane the Rock Johnson the Rock? He was your complexion.
Speaker 1: He looked crazy. Okay, that did not look like it? Who was that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And then it looked like him in the Little Wayne Wayne said, Lil Wayne said that d a T ship ain't me?
Speaker 1: He said that ship ain't You want to tell it?
Speaker 2: Actually is you? Little Wayne? You are creepy looking. He's not. He's he's extra looking. He's I don't think it's creepy. I think he's extra well. That thing was extra looking that he was Little Wayne. Oh okay, no, it looked like a It looked like a little boy version of him, like little way look like a little boy. Yes, and it looked like it was too too short. I think, like I saw the whole thing and it looked a little too short. Well, he is short.
Speaker 1: It was not good. Yeah, No, have you stood next to him. I've stood close enough to know that he's very short. Okay, but I don't know how I mean, but it still did look like a little boy like it looked like a little boy version of what little Wayne really looks like. But yes, they need to go back to the drawing board. But like, can you imagine how long those things take to make?
Speaker 2: And you would think that the person that they're doing has a little bit of say, a little bit of input, right, So like and if I don't know how it works, but if they did have a little bit of input, you would think that they weren't they.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't come out looking like that, they would come out better. Yeah, I agree. So recently Shady is going to get our own wax.
Speaker 2: Oh that would be really cool.
Speaker 1: No, maybe Baltimore there's a Blacks and Wax in Baltimore. Does it still exist? Do you think it's still open?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 1: Jamal's dad had one. Okay, Yes, it was a big to do.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is a big to do. Okay, yes, okay, So Robin, this is for you. This is in the world is we live life? According to Robin? Okay, because psychologists say that people who put their Christmas decorations up earlier are happy, happier. I saw that.
Speaker 1: What did you think when you saw that? Well, so you know, I don't know if you know this. Sometimes I put them up early and sometimes sometimes I put them up very late. Well, however, you put them up very early, very early. However, I will say when you put them up early, you feel you do feel happier, you do feel like more joyous when you like walk in your house and it's like all the lights and you know, all the decorations and stuff. So I won't I won't say that they are happier people in general. I will say it makes them happier. You know what I'm saying. Okay, does it make your kids happier? Dismiss happier? Yes, they all love it. They love it. I love it. So what they get upset, especially like the kids, like when I'm dragging my feet on putting the decorations up, They're literally, like what's happening? Like when are we putting the decorations up?
Speaker 2: Right? Okay? So Thanksgiving is approaching, let's get a date here. I mean throwing up these Christmas decorations.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I threw I threw away my tree from last year, hallelujah, because it wasn't it broke. It was like the lights were all funky and I couldn't go through trying to fix them and stuff. Ok So I am so torn on what to get. I have not and I want to get multiple trees. So I haven't purchased my new tree yet. Okay, So day's October thirty first, So when I do, it'll go like right up. Okay, So I think, gosh, this is gonna end up being I'm about to drag my feet on it because we.
Speaker 2: Gotta go to Brabo Con. All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna say by my next week I should not stop you it will. It will because I can't do multiple things.
Speaker 1: And once I got business stuff to do, I gotta get my hair, I gotta put a weave in. I gotta like, you know, pack, Oh my god, you know it's gonna take me eight days to pack and Brabla Cohn is in like four days.
Speaker 2: Right. Okay, wait, wait before you even talk about packing, how many suitcases are you bringing? Because Rovin, if you bring two suitcases for two days, for three days, I'm gonna talk about you very badly. Okay.
Speaker 1: So I don't really think I'm gonna need that much stuff because number one, I'm not gonna have to bring my hair or makeup stuff because our glam artists will be there. So backing of makeup. Have you talked to Carly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she texted me. Okay, good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we need to work on our timing because we both have the same We got to be the same places at the same time.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but.
Speaker 1: You're early bird, so she can start you first.
Speaker 2: Oh but I got business in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I might need a little rest and we'll talk about this later. Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh anyway, okay, forward anyway, Yes.
Speaker 1: Brabo Khan, Yeah, I don't think I want to overdo it because it's like, we don't need that many outfits. It's like three days of outfits. Yeah, hmmm, Yeah, it might be a big one and a smaller one for like shoes and accessories. I think you can fit everything in one suitcase. All right, we'll see that's the overdo it. It is a challenge everybody.
Speaker 2: That's a challenge. Okay, speaking of challenges, Okay, Kamala Harris, we haven't talked about her in a while, my sore who's the vice president of the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Yes, we forget abes.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say we forgot about her. I'm just saying she has been quiet. She's what has she been doing?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: She says that there is no doubt. When I tell you no doubt that they will win the twenty twenty four presidential election. She said, I'm not saying it's gonna be okay, but we will.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else she gonna say, We're gonna lose.
Speaker 2: What I mean, why she's no confident? I'm confused why we are even making a statement Like no one says they're gonna lose like this.
Speaker 1: She's like, we're gonna wing.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hard, but we're gonna pull the Oh you're gonna say that? Confused, Well, you better say that. Although I should take dummy if you like, if you sit there and you're like, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe not. However, in her mind, she's probably like, we got some.
Speaker 2: Work to dude, they better hit the road.
Speaker 1: I mean I would think, Okay, this is twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: I would think that they.
Speaker 1: Would be hitting the road like now. Yeah, it feels like they're hitting the road. No, I feel like they're they're being very quiet. Yeah, it's like we don't realize that there's an election in a year, a primary in a year, right, literally three hundred and sixty five days. Yeah, I would think it would be like they would just they would be really hitting us with election stuff. I don't know. It's very strange unless they're just I want to say, think it's in the bag, like she said.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I mean I appreciate Kamala Harris's announcement. Wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Wait, that was an announcement. She just randomly was.
Speaker 2: Like she was doing an interview and she was just like letting the people know, like we're gonna win. Yeah, we're definitely gonna win. It's gonna be hard. Well, we're gonna pull through. Speaking of pulling through, yeah, and the man Magic Johnson, can we get a little he is now the second athlete, former athlete that is a billion dollar man.
Speaker 1: Billion would a B. That's amazing. B. That is amazing. And his story is like so impressive just just from you know, how his career ended with his HIV diagnosis and instead of him like going away and disappearing and woe is me type of situation, he really turned He turned that situation into something he probably actually never imagined in his life, like, no, you know it was unfortunately the fact him contracting HIV was unfortunate, but him having being forced to stop playing basketball, it forced him to pivot and to do other things. A minute, he had.
Speaker 2: To stop playing, well, he didn't have to stop playing when he had got HIV. I thought they just decided, wait a minute, what happened?
Speaker 1: No, no, he like when he pretty you know, especially back then, there were so many unknown surrounding the virus and so you know it was okay if he say he had an open wound then that you know, the blood transmission to someone else would be dangerous. So I think they felt like it was too dangerous for him to play basketball back then.
Speaker 2: So how long did he So that's when he retired? Yeah, I didn't realize that He ended up playing in the Olympics after his diagnosis, but his career was pretty much done when he announced that he contracted HIV and they said, you know what, I would love to ask him because I know he's been very vocal about taking medication to suppress the I guess it's the blood whatever, white blood, white count white, Yeah, all that, Like, what's up with that? Does he still have to take the drugs? Are there new drugs that have been formulated to help better? Like is it out of your system? I guess it doesn't ever leave your system. But like he's seek when I look at him, I don't think about HIV. I think the drugs are.
Speaker 1: I'm familiar kind of with other people who are in the same scenario, and I think the drugs are so effective that you can't even that the virus is undetectable. If you say, yeah, if you stay on the drugs and do your you know, you stay compliant and do what you're supposed to do, then the virus is undetectable, which is absolutely incredible. Also, I wish they could find a drug that would do that with cancer, but they haven't.
Speaker 2: Done that yet. You know, I think that they have something. They just well, I don't want to say, they don't want to give it out right. It's a money there, it's the money. It's something got funny with the money. Something's funny with the money.
Speaker 1: I know I've had those thoughts too, like, oh, I'm sure there's something, but it's it's the money. But that that keeps all that going. But anyway, yeah, so that's pretty much when his NBA career ended. So he pivoted really quickly and started, you know, opening his his what movie theaters and buying franchises and doing all that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: And look at him now he's a billionaire. Like, he's a billionaire, and he's got that big old yacht than him and Cookie and their friends ride around the Mediterranean in the summer times and feel free to call me and Robin we'd love to go, well, we'd love to hang out.
Speaker 1: But like, no, I mean it's that's a great story. Yes, No, that's awesome, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would love to just like learn from him because I think he just has so much business knowledge.
Speaker 2: Yes, and just to like, you know, drop some gems. As a matter of fact, with that whole thing on TikTok about you know, would you go would you take five hundred thousand dollars or have a conversation with jay Z? I think right, I think more so Magic Johnson with jay Z oh shay to Jay. But you know what I'm saying, like Magic has his stuff, I feel more diverse. Yeah, he's into everything. It's more diverse.
Speaker 1: And it's not like, Okay, jay Z was already in the music biz, and so it was easy for jay Z to parlay, you know, his career into something bigger within the music industry. You know, it's kind of similar when people come to us and be like, oh, I want to start a podcast, and I'm so inspired by you guys, and I'm like, that's awesome. I really appreciate that people are inspired by us. But we already had had a platform to get us started. You know, we were the Black Effect. Took a chance on us because we already had a platform, and so we're not your typical you know podcast startup story where people like literally start from ground zero and nobody knows who they are. So with Magic Johnson, him him going into business from playing in the NBA, Yeah, that's he's learned a lot he's had to learn a lot, he's had to fail a lot, he's had to you know, meet all types of people that are going to help him make stuff happen. So yeah, I would definitely sit down with Magic Johnson in lieu of instead of taking the five hundred thousand dollars. Now, if you ask me, okay, do I want to sit down with jay Z or take five hundred thousand dollars? Like y'all know, we love jay Z in this house. My children are named after jay Z. But give me the five hundred thousand dollars, y'all. I'm taking the money and running.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't that much of a fan.
Speaker 1: Give me the money. I'll go watch a what's that series? Master Class?
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen?
Speaker 1: As? Did he do one?
Speaker 2: I have? If he didn't, he's going to do one eventually, I will.
Speaker 1: I will take my five hundred thousand dollars and spend one hundred dollars to watch a master.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jay said spend ten ninety nine on his album on a Blueprint, right the blue all the answers, all the answers to there, Yes, But speaking of the yacht, that Magic hasn't invited us on Magic we're still waiting.
Speaker 1: For our invitation.
Speaker 2: There's a little report out that says that the perfect length of and you know this is really for me because I take a lot of vacations.
Speaker 1: I like to travel.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I tell Robin like, I'll be back in fifteen days, and rob was like what.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's insane about you are nuts. You are insane out of your mind. What you can stay in hotels for that long?
Speaker 2: Ugh? Like I cannot.
Speaker 1: I'm bopping from hotel to hotels.
Speaker 2: You can, oh, I can live out your bags all that. Okay, Well I'm about to ask you a question. Okay, So this little report says the perfect length of time to be on vacation is eight days. Okay, So health and wellness levels rise rapidly while on vacation, but they peak on the eighth day, and they return to baseline within your first week back, no matter how long you're gone. So they're basically saying, get your eight days and then come on back home, because if you don't, you're gonna be stressed out.
Speaker 1: Okay after the eight days, After the eight days, okay, I guess they're saying, like after eight days, it's like, no, it's not going to get any better. Right, So they're saying, like eight days is enough, but what are you.
Speaker 2: Doing in the eight days?
Speaker 1: Like I need to I think in the eight days, I need to like lay out by the pool. Go you know, yes, get into the pool, and then you go and do your like couple days of sight seeing and then you come back and you lay out by the pool. I can't say so for me, eight days is still too much. It's too much, okay. So what's your max? What's your like? Okay, this is a long vacation. Five okay.
Speaker 2: So first of all, they said, the key to vacations is to take a lot of shorter one like, not longer than a days. So take a lot of them. Just don't make it longer than a days five days. It depends on where you're going. Let's say you're traveling far away and one day it's just travel time, So then you only have three days because you got to fly home.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so the so the first the travel days don't count, okay, So that's seven days.
Speaker 2: Oh that's too much. Okay.
Speaker 1: So when we went to France season four, was that season No.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 1: We went to France season three, we were gone for like a week. We were gone for a long time, but we were But that's a different scenario. Like we are, we're working. Yeah, we're working. We're staying busy. I probably could have used one day less. We all could have. Okay, I could have used seven days less. Yeah, okay, because I mean even sometimes I feel like we like by the last day, there's like nothing else for us to film. Even it's like we film all day, but y'all don't even see the footage because like we've already covered everything there is to cover. So yeah, I think that day, I mean, that trip was definitely like one day too long. But okay, so two travel days, all right. If we're saying i'm gonna say yeah, three, I'm gonna say six. Then six days, Matt, six days, six days.
Speaker 2: We don't want to go so so what if we're going to Africa, if we're going to Australia, if we're going to Asia, Okay, it's a twenty four hour flight. Okay, even if you get it together, I'm gonna suck it up. I'm gonna suck it up. Okay, suck it up, sucker, suck it up. Because we are here, we're gonna be traveled. Okay, Okay, I do want to let you know that there's a new I guess device that the Japanese have come up with that can interpret.
Speaker 1: Your dreams to you when you wake up.
Speaker 3: Mmmm.
Speaker 2: And so I was reading about this and I was thinking about it, and I was like, do I want to know?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to know your dreams?
Speaker 2: I don't. I really don't. I don't think I do either. I don't.
Speaker 1: And actually I just had one today, a drink during during the day. This is a nap okay, full disclosure disclosure. I am on it's the time of the month and it's very draining for me, and so I had to get some shut out. So yes, during my daytime nap today, I dreamt I was at a basketball game and Usher was hugged up behind me, whispering all types of sweet nothing's in my ear?
Speaker 2: What's that mean?
Speaker 1: What's that mean? Because I'm not an Usher.
Speaker 2: Fan, not Usher, not the Usher. Yes, the Usher, take your woman, Usher. Yes.
Speaker 1: He and we were at the basketball game, so we couldn't really be doing anything, but he was was one coaching the game. Was we were like, they're together, so okay, it was like Coppin was playing, but Wong was not coaching Coppin.
Speaker 2: No he's not, no Shade, no he's not. What is Coppin's record this season without Wine? I don't think they started a game. They're about to start, They're about to start, but it was like so weird.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, I'm not even an Usher fan, Like I like Usher's music, but Usher don't do it for me, So like what does that mean? Yeah, I don't know. Oh so it's so if you you can interpret that, I don't need to, like because whatever the interpretation is gonna be like something don't want to know. It's gonna be like something random, like oh you like apples or something like, it's gonna be like it's gonna be so stupid. So okaya, speaking of electronic devices or whatever technology, did you know that Apple has a feature and I guess this is on the new you gotta update your your iPhone okay, to tell you if you're if you've been looking at your screen too closely. So it's like to protect your eyesight. Okay, So I activated it and I'm sick of it, like I wanted to leave me alone. Okay, what do you mean what is it? Does it start beeping a screen cut, like like your screen goes off and then something comes on the screen that says your iPhone is too close.
Speaker 2: Pull it back.
Speaker 1: So I have to like pull it back and then I have to hit the when it not until it's far enough away. Then the button says you pops up. Then I hit cons. Yes, but it's like crazy. I'm like, holy shit, do I need glasses or something because the where it wants me to hold my iPhone is a little too far.
Speaker 2: What I mean, it's like they're the phone police or something. Well, they're like the screen police, I guess, you know. I mean, I think they have.
Speaker 1: An obligation to worry about our health, you know, because just because they can get sued for all types of different things. So that's part of our health, you know, our eyesight, especially when you're using these devices for years and years and years. So I was like, oh, that is great. I read about it. I was like, that is a great feature. But yeah, I'm sick of it. So I'm like, can you deactivate it? I can, but I'm still trying to like do what's best for my eyes. Like, for example, you know, you should wear the blue light blocker glasses, which I do sometimes I kind of forget, But I mean, I think there is a concern because cell phones, especially these types of phones, iPhones, smartphones, they haven't been around long enough for us to really see the long term effect on them. Like for example, like the people who are in their eighties nineties now, like okay, my parents, My father's eighty four, Yes he has an iPhone, but he doesn't look at it or use it like we do. So so there is concern. Okay, in forty years from now, what's what's my eyesight going to be? Like, what's my brain going to be?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Like how much effect does the do these phones have on us? When we literally are on our phones.
Speaker 2: All the time? What I have to be a bear of bad news? But you're on the decline, syst like I know, you're on the other side of the half, Like it's downhill for you.
Speaker 1: I know. So I'm like, yeah, I don't want to make it worse by looking at my phone too closely.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 1: And then for the people like my kids, they need that on because you know, I don't want they have more time with their smart devices than we did, and that's going to affect How is that going to affect them?
Speaker 2: Long term? They're gonna be worse off than we are, right right, Well, have you seen the statistic This is statistic out that talks about how long you're on the phone based off of who you are. Okay, okay, So if it's a conversation and these are stats, yeah, stats don't lie. A boy to boy conversation, it's typically fifty nine seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not even a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, boy, Boy to mother is fifty seconds. So Corey's talking to you for fifty sevens maybe third. I don't even agree with that, yeah, to be third. Okay, Okay, So boy to dad is thirty seconds, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Boy to girl is an hour and twenty three minutes. I agree with that. Okay, Corey stays on FaceTime with his little friend. They ain't doing nothing, ain't saying nothing. They ain't say nothing.
Speaker 2: Girl to girl five hours and twenty nine minutes.
Speaker 1: Let's me a robin.
Speaker 2: When we had a phone but hours talking about nothing, well about and then we hang up and then we call each other back again. They talking about more than nothing. Okay. So this is a mom to a married daughter Okay, she's married. They're talking for ten hours in fifty minutes. Okay, because at that point in time, your daughter understands life, right, Right, she's married, I've got some kids, so it's like, okay, they got a.
Speaker 1: Whole right, especially the kids and all that. Yes, yes, that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: So so wife to husband fourteen missed calls. Okay, they're not even answering the damn part. They're like, I ain't talking to you, right, you ain't talking to me?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I was I cracked up.
Speaker 1: I was dying laughing because this is true.
Speaker 2: It's so true. It's so true.
Speaker 1: However, because these boys, it's so when I call Corey, he literally has already said I When I call him, he'll answer the phone before the phone actually like connects.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: And like he's it's in his hand, so he sees your name and he just answers.
Speaker 1: So he answers it. But it's weird, like he already says hello before I can hear him say.
Speaker 2: Hello, do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: So it's like he's not even waiting for like the half second to like pick the phone up. It's just like and so then so he says hello before he before it actually connects. And then I'm sitting there and I'm waiting for him to say hello, but he already said hello. Like I'm just saying, my boy, that takes tenh wait, man, that takes ten seconds.
Speaker 2: So y'all got a good forty seconds after that before that boy hangs up on you.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, the phone etiquette is horrible with these kids. They don't and they just want to FaceTime. They don't even want to talk. They don't want to make a regular phone call. They want to face right. Everybody just crazy.
Speaker 2: I feel like boy to mom is like a text conversation, like because like, what are y'all really talking about? Right right? Mike?
Speaker 1: Can I say, can you send me some Apple peg?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's.
Speaker 2: Really a text situation. So yeah, so we if I get ever get married again, I have nothing to look forward to. He will not be answering my calls, just saying all right, so we're gonna see Robert, this is a litmus tests to see.
Speaker 1: How good you are as a person.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, So the church accidentally cash at the church accidentally cash dot to ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Are you sending it back? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yes? Absolutely? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Why why? Because I am not that that karma is gonna come back to me. Nokay, the church, what you know, God knows what happened. You know what, I was a test. God was testing me.
Speaker 2: Oh oh no, that is going back, like okay, butstantly, let's let's say nobody was ever gonna find out. You believe this, you believe God knows, and there's karma. Yes, absolutely, it's going back. Yeah, no, I think I would have to send it back to I might keep it for a day. And then said, oh my gosh, wait a minute, this has happened to me. So I ordered something. I'm not gonna say the outlet. I mean, there's another store d in sacks. But I ordered something and I got it, and with it came another box of stuff I did not order. This is recent. So me being like, okay, I don't this is this is not cool and I want this person because this person wore a size thirty four shoe.
Speaker 1: I wear a.
Speaker 2: Forty one, A thirty four, that's like a size four thirty five shoe. Thirty five, that's that's a very small shoe. That's a five. Okay, that's a five. And I'm like, clearly this isn't for me or my kids, because my kids got some big old feet, right.
Speaker 1: So I sent it back. I just sent it to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think I even sent a note like not mine or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they sent it back.
Speaker 2: I got it today, so I don't I don't even know what to do at this point, I'm keeping it. I mean, I don't know what I'm gonna do with these shoes. Okay, so fine, I'm not really being honest. Okay, it was shoes in there and a Louis Vaitton wallet.
Speaker 1: So did you keep the wallet? Right now? I have everything. I don't know what to do. So wait, you sent you sent it back to Louis Vlaton or I mean not Louis. You sent it back to sex or you sent it back to the customer.
Speaker 2: Did it have no customers? They came to me.
Speaker 1: No, it was kind of no.
Speaker 2: It had nobody's name on it, said to Gaselle Briant, it wasn't a gift from anybody, because Kyl sometimes has sent me like cals, sometimes he sends me stuff for him or like he's he's he sent me wrong things. And so I call Cal.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Cal's like, I don't know what that was that that's about.
Speaker 2: That's not me.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, okay, so do I keep the wallet?
Speaker 2: What? Yeah?
Speaker 1: At this point you sent it back and they sent it again, and they sent it back to me.
Speaker 2: Keep it. The Violet's gonna be a Christmas give if whoever gets a wallet. Just no, I ain't paid for it, but it's a nice wallet. And I were gonna give it to our producer Taylor. Oh Car, we can give it to Car right there we go. Look, she will not object. I'm sure. I'm just so see when you do the right thing. Is that a blessing? Did I still get? Was I blessed by this?
Speaker 1: You'll be blessed with something else? Right, I will be blessed. But that was like, Okay, you told me to keep that planter from CMS. I did?
Speaker 2: I did, and so did they and I did?
Speaker 1: And do you want to say it?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What time you did?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: Listen, the crate and barrel police are coming out.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you but wait.
Speaker 1: We put out a poll for had to talk about this. We put out a pole on reasonably shady to see like if they if the people would have kept it. Let me read you the results, and then we got and then we got to go because I gotta start. I said, would you have kept an extra planter? Seventy five percent said yes? Oh really yep, so they sent you the money back, right, so playing.
Speaker 2: Paid for it?
Speaker 1: No, it was they sent me too. I ordered one by accident, and they sent me to and I was going to send it back and one was like, no, I keep that, So of course, so I kept it, and then I and then we and then we pulled the followers on our reasonably shady Instagram and seventy five percent of the people said they would have kept it.
Speaker 2: So I don't feel guilty. It wasn't my fault. I don't either.
Speaker 1: So however, I'm not keeping ten thousand dollars from the church. I'm not.
Speaker 2: No, So do as we say, not as we do. Is that we're telling the people do as we do, do as we do, and do as we say. Just do it. Damn.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're out of here.
Speaker 2: Let's do what you want. Listen, don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or shady. We love you.
Speaker 1: Guys so much, we're both buye my.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your
Speaker 2: Favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady