Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The NBA eighty two game grind is done, and now the real fun begins. The NBA Playoffs right here, and it's time for all the high steaky drama, clutch moments, and drag dropping plays. I can't wait. If you're looking to make the playoffs even more exciting, Draft Kings sports Book had you covered as an official sports betting partner of the NBA from the playing games all the way through the finals. Now it's time to back your favorite player and teams as they go chase glory.
Speaker 3: All season long.
Speaker 2: DraftKings has been your go to spot for NBA player prompts and that doesn't stop.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Want to make your playoff experience even more intense, try placing a bet on your favorite players performance. Will they drop thirty, forty or even more? It's your call. Ready to place your first bet? Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook out now. Lock in your bets unless make this playoff run unforgettable. Here's something special for you first timers. New Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets. Make it a playoff run to remember with Draft Kings. Download the Draft Kings sportsbook app. Use cold money Move that's code money Moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler, or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue once See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility. We're sstrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: All right, listen up, taxpayers, is time for what you all really tuned into listen to me for financial advice. Tax season, boost Mobile wants to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, boosts will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divide by one. Charity a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still owe. Okay, time to take my financial envivor hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet stea he tails.
Speaker 3: And now I get back to my boring old day job.
Speaker 2: Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. Back to basketball, The Magic beat the Celtics ninety five ninety three. Franz Wagner was dominant thirty two points, seven rebounds, eight assists, and he did it. He's guarding JB and JT as they pull. It's now two to one. With another game in Orlando, Jason Tatum was ten of twenty two thirty six points, nine rebounds, four sis Derreck White sixteen points, Jaylen Brown nineteen points. But those big gun Apolo ban Caro twenty nine points. Franz Vagner gave you his stat thirty two, seven and eight wind the Carter Junior had ten points, ten rebounds as they hold on and win.
Speaker 3: Joe, what'd you like about what you saw from Orlando?
Speaker 2: Like I said, Wagner and ben Carro they can and Brown they give match Tatum and Brown. And when Tatum and Brown ain't got poisinga is a preitcher going off?
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's it's it's tough. You know. Peyton Pritcheck he won six.
Speaker 2: Man out of the yen and he didn't really he didn't give him nothing today, you know, twenty three points, you know, chasing Tatum man at thirty six to nine. But man, they need they need probably a little more from JB and preacherd or wife. You know they look forward to him getting getting getting hot. But what's up with Drew Holliday.
Speaker 3: What do you hurt? I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: They were nineers twenty seven from the three. And that's the thing with the Celtics. It's hard for them win if they don't shoot you out the gym from the three, because a lot of their game is predicated on taking a bunch of threes and making a bunch of them. So we'll take fifty, we'll take fifty five, sixty three, then we can make twenty two to twenty three of them.
Speaker 3: We like our chances.
Speaker 2: They're not very many teams that can consistently match the Celtics from the three point line. They took the most, they made the most threes in NBA history, and their record is a.
Speaker 3: Speaks for itself.
Speaker 2: Uh And I think that's what makes them tough, because you you you're right.
Speaker 3: They got JB, they got a JT.
Speaker 2: They also have a prisingles that you give you mid twenties, maybe even thirty. You see Derek Waking go off. He can make seven, eight, nine, ten threes. Peyton Pritchell, we see Peyton Prince is going forty point forty points in the ball game. So they got guys that can go fuego and get hot and shoot.
Speaker 3: You out of the building.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be uh, it's gonna be very interesting to see what the uh what the matchup is. Jalen Brown says, the refs are letting the Magic play too physical. There might be a fight breakout of something because they's starting to feel like it's not even basketball and the refs are not controlling their environment. So it is what it is. If you want to fight out there, we can do that. We can fight to see what goals in the second round. Do you like what JB having to say? Joe, I do?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: I like what he got to say. I mean, they competing at a high level. Man, Like I say, this is physical basketball at this point. The only thing that's gonna change in any of these games is the physicality. I mean, it's like guys being physical, not letting you cut to the to the rim ojo. You know everything you do, Yeah, you know, we're gonna touch you. It's gonna be physical. We're not gonna let you do nothing easy. We're gonna create traffic and cause discomfort. And that's what Orlando was doing. Look, I like to see Ben Carroll and Wagner shooting twenty five and twenty seven field goals even though he made ten eleven. But that lets me know they being they being aggressive going to the rim, and they gonna cause pressure, you know what I mean, Well, guy's gotta help now they can get guys easy shots. Boston got they work cut out, man, Boston got that. Yeah, got a series, don Yeah. I think the thing you plus Joe is that I like because they should take half the death shot. They're the two best playoff. Whych somebody else try to whych somebody else try to pitch in and say, hey man, y'all take twenty five, y'all take twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Let me get at hell, no on the team.
Speaker 2: But you see that, But you see that from time to time, like now we're in the playoffs, every possession is valued, and the guys are taking their initiative to come down, initiate the offense, getting you know, whether it's running iso post ups or just you know, getting it too the paint, you know, just causing havoc.
Speaker 3: Uh. It's gonna make them a better team. And they making Boston guard.
Speaker 2: Like I tell you, Boston already complaining that that that that the series has been too physical. You look, j T went down with a risk injury in Game one, then playing game two now, Jake, I've seen JD go down with a little injury today.
Speaker 3: Too, So this is how it's gonna be for the rest of the series.
Speaker 2: They understand being physical is in their favor, meaning you know, Flando and plus and plus hold on, hold on with and plus. JB was in foul trouble a little bit of the night too. I think that and help their situation. But when you dealing with Ban Carroll, who's a big body guy, he likes to play fiscal. He's a buffer car type of guy. He gonna bang you and bang you and bang you and get to that right shoulder and turn and turn around on Yougner.
Speaker 3: Is a skilled and skill he can play. Now. The problem that they had this year, I think they had a better record.
Speaker 2: Ban Carrol got hurt, Wagner got hurt and summertimes sometimes that those injuries overlap. But if you go back and look at them when they play together, Oh they for real tho, those young guns, for real. I love Ban Carrol, he can really you know, Wagner his.
Speaker 3: Brother is hurt.
Speaker 2: You know he was, he was early in the year, like they you know, they down a major piece.
Speaker 3: But man, are they scrappy. Bro.
Speaker 2: They create they Look I seen, I seen little Anthony Black pick Peyton Pritschler of full court pick his pocket.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Like now, oh, Joe, as soon as the ball come in ninety four feet, I'm right at your nick, I'm pressure you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's a playoffs, man, it's what's about. So look, Orlando is competing at a high level. They gonna protect their home, and they gonna make it tough for Boston. Man, they's gonna be no easy series.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, you say it's not gonna be an easy series if they continue to be scrappy, if they continue to play physical. Do you even give the Magic a chance to beat or even win this series or you're just saying he's just gonna make it close to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I seen, They're gonna make it close and interesting. I can't see him beating yeah in seven games, but I can, I can. I can see Boston winning four two. Yeah, yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you just you're just giving the Magic two games even with the way they playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what I'm saying, but I think Boston is the better team. Yeah, and normally the better team it will play out over a series.
Speaker 3: That's that's what you get it.
Speaker 2: And when you talk about when you play series, you gotta be somebody four times. It's not like blackball is one and done and sometimes one the best team doesn't always win.
Speaker 3: But the team that plays the best that day. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I for me, I think I could see be very interested how this thing shape up. Now, Orlando, get that get game, get that game. And now they go back to Boston to too, put the pressure on Boston.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, oh under the.
Speaker 5: Pressure, Adam that that didn't make an interesting the Bucks.
Speaker 2: First time in Milwaukee Bucks history they had two players scored thirty five points or more. They got thirty seven, a career high playoff from Greg Gary Trent Junior knock down nine three pointers, matching Ray Allens Bucks record of nine. Jannis was Jannis. He gave you thirty seven. He was thirty seven, twelve and six. Gary Trent Junior was thirty seven and with three rebounds nor assists. They're like, bro, I'm just gonna shoot it. I ain't helping nobody else get it. Get your own basket. Hey, listen, go ahead, Joe. They no go ahead.
Speaker 3: They needed any bit at their thirty seven for good Trent.
Speaker 2: You know, see my problem with Milwaukee is, you know Dame coming out with this CAF injury, man, he not gonna be able to play at no high level for no you know, I think by having him out there is just a decour. But you know, he can get high, he can make some shots. But I think with the cap injuries limiting him to you know how, he's ultimately gonna be able to perform or help you know, Milwaukee move on in this series.
Speaker 3: So Gared Shane, he won this game for him to night man, he was, he was on fire. He was, he was.
Speaker 2: And plus if you look at Indy when they don't have their start, all their starters normally their starters somewhere between twelve and twenty five twenty six points, and then they have a guy too off the bench in double figures. Look they got Pascal Siakam has been playing where aaron Y Smith at eighteen miles. Turner only gave us six. He normally gives you somewhere between fourteen and twenty. Nem Hard only gave you six. He normally in double figures. Over topping he gave you ten plays. He didn't play bad and didn't you well from the three, So Matt Burn, he only gave you nine. And so that you're gonna open yourself up if you guys don't play like you normally play, and you'll get a situation where you get Yanni's. They don't have anybody that can do anything with Yanni's, but they'll let you. Can't let your head tread, Junior, go get thirty seven because now you allow Giannis to bring somebody along with him. Janni's had seven assists. Remember the other the other time he had like one or two assists. You see, when he gets you thirty six twelve and he dishes out seven or more assists, you have your hand for it because they can beat you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need Hallibert to be a little more aggressive for in them though eleven field goal attempts, you know, Dame little hobble, I mean, you gotta make him work on both ends of the floor.
Speaker 3: Outside that Miles turning in. I mean one for nine.
Speaker 2: That hurt him. That's that, Yeah, for sure, that hurt him. But yeah, y Is gonna need somebody to step up. You know, pretty much every game, you know, you'll is gonna get thirty five forty points a night, getting Trent Junior gonna be able to hold this up, or if dan't gonna give us one of them, you know, virtual Oso's performances. But man a hey, he gonna need some help. But I like the bench though. I like you know, Bobby coming off with that. You know, he's pretty much fine tune now because he's been absent for a while. He just got back with the team. So, uh, I feel like the Bucks can make this a series for sure. Yeah, I agree, don't tell us a lot big about to get They better. They better get Game four because if they don't get Game four, they're not gonna go to Indian win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got him. I got him getting Game four. I got him.
Speaker 2: Cause Milwaukee got didn't get anything from Brook Lopez. As you mentioned, Dame was two or twelve one of from three. He gave you seven points toward your prints. He only played three minutes. He gave you ten points. Jericho Sims played four points. Kevin Porter Jr. Oh Five, he gave you one point. Green gave you twelve. But it was it was it was the big gun. It was Giannis at the top. And true and Junior at the bottom and uh really not much the sandwich in between.
Speaker 3: But they were able to build a billy because.
Speaker 2: When I turned when I started watching the game, uh Andy was up by ten. Yeah yeah, I turned back and out there down by ten. I'm like, well, what the hell happened?
Speaker 5: And I y'all talked about this game.
Speaker 3: I was on that.
Speaker 2: I was on, hey, you missed a good game. Which it was a good game. It was a good game. Uh, I don't know. Milwaukee needed this, bro. They needed some confidence because Indiana. Yeah, you know what I mean. They need confidence going in the game four down and trying to really make this decion going back to Indiana tied up.
Speaker 3: You know, like I said, hopefully Dame gets better, you know, day by day.
Speaker 2: And he said, you know, probably give him a little more offensively, because man, they jan is gonna definitely need him for sure. Uh. Dylan Brooks called Draymond Green a dirty player and defended his teammate Men Thompson, who up ended Jimmy Butler in Game two, forcing him to leave the game due to injury. No, I think dirty player is Draymond giving him a little push as the regular basketball players do, and Jimmy's fighting in the air for a rebound and stuff happens. A man is not a dirty player and he has nothing to do, and it has nothing to do with Big a dirty player. Jimmy is questionable for Game two, Joe. I know you saw the play. It seems like Jimmy's going up for a ball. He got both hands on the ball somehow Aman Thompson losing his balance submarines him and with nothing to bring.
Speaker 3: Back five.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's that good.
Speaker 3: But that's that good bone bring.
Speaker 2: They're gonna take a minute for him to recover from that. Look, I don't think it was a dirty player. I think a man. Thompson was just playing hard, competing. He was trying to get in there and just call us and make a play and end up got getting pushed, you know, kind of into like Jimmy Butler, which kind of took him out. And it's like, dang, It's like it's like the little sting can happen in the playoffs man, the Swinger series, you know what I mean. And the boys without Jimmy, Man, it's gonna be tough, man, It's gonna be tough, you know against the Rockets team. Hey, look, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fight or wrestling match out this series, right, I'm.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Actually, there's a lot of borderline stuff going on out there in the first couple of games.
Speaker 1: O Joe, Yeah, Hey, they got they got damn Draymond at Drake Dramond funny, funny man.
Speaker 5: He scrappy, He's scrappy with it. You don't care what he's finna, He's finna get it in every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like that look. And that's that's the thing about it, Joe.
Speaker 2: You keep saying, is that it's the finality of it, because there is no more tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: Okay, we lost to Orlando, We down to Miami. Then we're gonna hit Atlanta, right, and you know what I'm saying, We're gonna go to Charlotte.
Speaker 3: Ain't none of that. You lose these four games and it's over. It's over. You see, your season's over.
Speaker 2: And you know you go in to Cancun or whatever whatever you do before you start, you know, before you start back, getting ready for the grind of some of them, Well, you guys not playing something league before you start the preseason games before you get back into the regular season come October. So guys gonna play hard. Guys are gonna play extremely hard. And I don't really I don't really have no problem with that now me neither I enjoy it, actually, But that is why it's been a lot of injuries pretty much. You know, throughout this postseason, guys are competing at a high level.
Speaker 3: Bro. You look at the you know, maybe we'll get to a the mephis game. What happened? The job will go ahead. Yeah, Jimmy is questionable for Game three.
Speaker 2: John Moran will miss Game four against this thunder Jah injured this hip after taking a hard fall doing Game three down three oh in the series, Grizzlies face elimination without their best playmaker, their best player, and the twenty twenty four to twenty five season could be over. Late in the second quarter on Thursday, was up by twenty seven when Scotti Pip Scottie Pippen Junior dropped off a past to Morat on the fast break. Lou Dort was chasing, Pipping, slipped as he turned over and crashed into airborne Morat. A lot of people said it was dirty and a lot of people said, Dort slipped Joe.
Speaker 3: You saw this play accident slippage dirty. I think he slipped, man.
Speaker 2: He was anticipating on going up for the block on pipping, but he caught itself because he you know, caught the drop back to Joe and he just slipped. Man, he slipped, and you know, Joh went up obviously and came down with a crash land. And it's very unfortunate because I had defis winning that game. They had total control of the game. Oh yeah, yeah, yeahyeah. They was up back at that point by twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: And the one thing that's very glad to me, you know, I look at game one, myf it was so it was like they was flat. You know, they ain't really had Anhey guy, blow out by fifty something points. Okay, cool? Game two, John come back. You see how aggressive he is. I need him shooting at least twenty five shots. I don't care if he don't make but six or seven or eight of them. But the fact that he's then aggressive pressure on him. He puts pressure on him to where you can open up and give bangs, easy threes or easy you know, kick out for threes. A Jim or big fellow JJ had been edie. You know, the way you can throw lives to those guys. They cannot stay in front of the jib. And he has to know that, man, he has to know that. You know, he got to go into that AI mode to where he's just oht your aggressive, relentless and getting to the cups, putting the pressure on the referees to call or you know, for him to make plays because he's a talented man, and they'll be a better team, you know, the more aggressive he is. But this is gonna be a game. They was gonna win this game. Scotty Pipple Jr. Gave him that that kick that he needed and you can tell he was starting to find this rhythm and uh, man, just unfortunate, you know incident.
Speaker 3: You know throughout the game, what you thinking out Joe dirty play?
Speaker 1: Nah, he was falling on we were dirty, especially something like that. I mean, I think all I think all NBA players have respect for each other. And then I know it's a playoffs and know everybody's playing physical. But you can see it if you watch it again, especially if you're watching it in slow motion, you can see it as an accident and it's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: I would I would have liked you know what they do.
Speaker 1: You know what I don't like that NBA players do. And Simmary, when the picture hits a batter with the ball. You see how you showed no emotion, no apologies, no nothing. He just just turns. He's just very nonchalant. I wish he was a little bit more, you know what. I'm sorry, at least help him up. He just turned turned away and just and just walk away like they.
Speaker 2: Play off basketball. But we're not helping you up. We're not doing none of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see that, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: So so when he when he when he when, when he reacts like that, it makes it look as if okay, I did it on purpose and.
Speaker 2: What right, Listen, we're not giving up, no layers, none of them playing shit dunks. Now, We're gonna try nothing, cheat nothing, see, but we ain't trying to actually just hurt you, you know what I mean? But yeah, yeah, yeah, you can't come to here just old laying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you don't show no kind of remorse, especially like that understanding you're undercutting by accident, you didn't mean to do it, but like no, no nothing, no eye contact though, just just come.
Speaker 3: On man, yeah, hey, oh, try I tell you a story. Uh. We were in the locker room in one of the coaches.
Speaker 2: Uh, spilled a drink in one of the guy's locker and he came in, man.
Speaker 3: Or the hell spilled the drink in my locker.
Speaker 2: Man, the dude say, hey, look, d Russ, I spilled the soda in your locker. I'm sorry that. That's the end of that. Now what were you saying? Hey, I'm sorry. At the end of it, I go back and forth to do all this ohing. That was the players say, hey, man, look I did it. I'm sorry that. At the end of that, I get you. Hey, y'all hit him up. He ain't my teammate. I ain hitping his ass up right right right right. I got it, I got I got I got it.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe Joe one.
Speaker 2: Moon personally unretires the number one for cam War Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Moon, currently the only blank quarterback in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, gave up his number one. Famous Number one, gave him blessing and allowed cam Ward to wear the jersey previously retired by the Titans. Recently said it would consider giving this blessing the war toward the digit. I'm thinking nobody said Moon would ask if he would allow permission to give Ward the number to Ward should wound?
Speaker 3: Should Warren have felt pressure to do this?
Speaker 5: On joke, I wouldn't say pressure. But cam Ward is special. Cam Ward is a special player.
Speaker 1: He's obviously he's coming to He's coming to the Titans. And why not continue that legacy? Why not continue that legacy that Warren Moon set, you know when he was there and allowed Cam to carry that torch on, you know, wearing the number one as a new franchise quarterback, hopefully for the next decade or so.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 5: It's a dope move. It's a dope movie.
Speaker 1: I wonder if I would if Cam even neew you didn't care? Yeah, okay, okay, that have been a dope surprise.
Speaker 2: Just I want to ask Joe, Joe, you got your number retired? Somebody come in and they want to wear that, They want to wear Joe? They would what you doing Joe? Yeah, I'm I'm I'm doing it if it's special?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? He number one? Pick he been weighing the number one?
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, shout out to o g for you know, taking out the rafts, let young boy take off with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't. I mean, I don't got EGO come to that.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, uncle Joe. We ain't just giving anybody that number. You got to be that boy. Yeah, and cam Ward is that boy. So it's understandable that's someone you know what majority number retire.
Speaker 5: But for him, oh yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I relief. Our relief was stack Joe. You had seven numbers? Were you always seven? Joke? Nah, man, I wouldn't number two because what were you weren't seven? I phinny, No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Look I wore Uh, I just I just got seven when I got the Brookland But coming up, like through junior high, high school, and college, I wore number twenty four. So I got to the pros, I got drafted by Boston. They ain't got no numbers. Yeah, every number they got big numbers, forty four, fifty five. You can't get no Siger didn know for twenty four. After question, man, they got so many numbers of the time. So look the only number they had that I could get with thirty one. So I rocked with thirty one. Now you're at Corporated Backs. Well, Jersey, that's my guy going brand ain't. Look I'm in the raft because I after have Boston Man thirty one. Look when I get traded to Phoenix, I'm trying to get twenty four, but I'm playing with Tom Googliata. Tom Goglada got twenty four, so I ain't even ask for the two four. You can gon keep it right, I just gonna I'm just gonna roll with this too. So I've been rocking with number two all the way through Atlanta, and then when I got to Brooklyn, I just changed it up and went to seven. Okay, yeah, okay, I'm like, damn, Joe Joe had but hey, they couldn't fire Jordan's like what Joe Jordan two?
Speaker 3: Twenty four thirty one? Right?
Speaker 2: Hey said man, I wanted one of them single digits in Boston.
Speaker 3: Well, like when we getting drafted, I'm like, okay, what number can I get? Can I get number twenty four? They started showing me all the numbers that was retired. I'm like, oh no.
Speaker 2: They got Sam Jones, Jones, hinst Russell, Bird, Jennis Johnson, they got Bob Coosey, they got Bill Sharmon.
Speaker 3: He retires on me numbers day.
Speaker 2: I said, man, they got they got double z ro retired, they got what's the color retired? They got Kevin McHale, so you yeah, they got double z roll thirty two, thirty three. I think Dennis Johnson. I think DJ was three. Yeah he was yeah. Yeah, they got DJ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got DJ retired.
Speaker 2: They got Sam Jones, Casey Jones, Hamla check Cowen's. Anytime you have to Boston Arena, y'all look up in the raft thirty one.
Speaker 3: Up there, baby, there's a nice old Joe. Baby, we sharing that thing.
Speaker 2: That's my man. You already know that's my man. Cord bread ah Man. Very very touching, but heartbreaking story. Dereck Harmon's mother, who had been on life support, sadly passed away after he arrived at the hospital and told her he had been drafted by the Steelers. My thoughts and prayers go out to Derek Harmon and his family and all those loved ones that were impacted by this tragic passing.
Speaker 3: Man, that's an unbelievable story. Think about it. Old Joe. He arrives at the hospital. Mom, I don't know if you can hear it. I finally did it.
Speaker 2: But your baby has been drafted to the Steelers and later that night, that.
Speaker 5: Is that's that's an unbelievable story.
Speaker 1: For mom to be able to hear that and understanding at that point, my job is done. Yep, I can transition. I've done all I can, all the sacrifices, all the all the the the hurdles, the obstacles that I've had to make to ensure that you made it to this point, and that is you got drafted.
Speaker 5: All I just I just needed to hear it. I just need to hear it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I'm at peace.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, she she wanted to hear that and once she hears that, she could go rest peacefully. And he wanted to be able to deliver that message to tell is ma, Mom, you did it everything that you know what we went through and what you told me and how you reared me.
Speaker 3: Hey, go rest easy, Mama, go risk easy.
Speaker 2: Also, I want to send out a very heartfelt hopefully he gets well soon. Elijah Alex's at Arenas Gilbert Arena Sun was in a car accident. He's doing it is being reported that he's doing much better. I said Gila a text. He said, Hey, he's gonna be okay. But that was so sad. I could not believe it that this had happened. And man, you know, we had Gail here and Gil's a great guy. He's doing unbelievable job on guil Arenas with his with his crew shot out Gil. But I just want you to know that the Nightcap family and everybody over here and everybody's in the chair. I want to send our thoughts and prayers to you, hopefully your family, and uh, Elijah is doing a lot better now, and so we're praying for speedy recovery. So we can see what he's gonna do at USC. So we don't know, but it done or he maybe he got two. You know, this is a very serious injury. They put him in an induced coma. Hopefully he's resting comfortably. And uh, Dale, I know you by the side. I know you you were the worried, but you know you you you sent me that you thought everything was gonna be okay. So I just wanted to send out our thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Elijah speed speedy recovery.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: I talked to him too, he said he told me he didn't have those serious injuries.
Speaker 3: So okay, let's do.
Speaker 2: Good for the jag If the Jags I drafted your door. I called the Steelers and tell them I need three first rounders for Trevor Lawrence, and I started the franchise fresh with Brian Thomas, Travis Hunter, and Shoulder Sanders.
Speaker 3: Oh show you like that? I do? I do?
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I mean it's not gonna happen. Obviously, three one for Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Oh, you will get at least too. Okay, you will get at least and another high draft pick.
Speaker 1: Hey, but hey, that's that. Oh that will be ken your match? Them two back together and Duvall.
Speaker 2: Like that?
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't. I don't think they will.
Speaker 1: That's a great that's a great hypothetically do I like it? And that's but that stadium and that's duvall Man Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Gonna be rocking. Who he'll be rocking? We'll find out. Uh, but y'all agree with you? Oh, Joe, I don't think that's gonna happen, all right, don't Joe. We're gonna get it out of here on this when this is your last. This is our last segment, even it's tied for Q and a Q and A Lee fridd just said, what is going on with Sanders? Why are they doing them like this? Why must they treat black players like this? And can we change this? Uh for future players?
Speaker 3: Nope? Oh Joe, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it because people look at Archie and Archie basically said, my son is not playing in San Diego. I do not want my son in the AFC. Now, this is what's gonna happen. And they see, you know, he ends up, They end up selecting, they trade him to the Giants. Chargers select him, trading to the Giants. The Giants select Philip Rivers, they get another first round pick. YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 3: I get it. I get it. Yeah, it's just tough.
Speaker 2: It's just tough to see a guy that's ready this high and fall all the way out of the first three rounds. So yeah, I don't know what it is. I don't know what it is. All I know is that what I saw, what my eyes told me. He had an unbelievable college career.
Speaker 3: His two years.
Speaker 2: He was sensational at at CEU, thirty seven touchdowns over four thousand yards seventy plus seventy what seventy four percent, seventy hot, mid seventy or low seventy atleation percentage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, But to answer your question, ain't nothing we can do because we're not in a position of selecting the players.
Speaker 3: JJ Carr said, My Saints passed over Sanders.
Speaker 2: Meilro Will Howard, Q quinn, yours, Dylan Gabriel just to draft the quarterback. Been injured every year, like car is it April fool all month long. I'm surprised because, okay, they need a quarterback cover the injury with Derek Carr. We don't know if he's gonna be able to play, if he if it's gonna be start to see it in the middle of season, or if he's gonna be able to play. They don't make a quarterback in the first round, you go to say, okay, but the second round they don't.
Speaker 3: And now like the third you take they will over.
Speaker 1: They will remind you at any given chance where they feel you're getting out of line.
Speaker 3: Man, it's gotta be more than that. Man, it's gotta be No.
Speaker 5: I ain't no, no, it ain't ain't no more than that.
Speaker 1: It ain't no more trust me, ain't no more than that, Because there's there's We're going to humble you.
Speaker 5: If you don't want to do it your own, we're gonna do it for you. If you don't want to do it on your own, we will do it for you. That's all. That's that's, that's it.
Speaker 2: Samuel Samuel Griffin. Should the tire Titans draft your door and copy Washington did with RG three and Cousins? Could the forty nine ers be a good fit for your door? No, because you're about to play Brock party. Why did you pay a quarterback two hundred plus million dollars and then draft a quarterback?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think Titan's gonna do that because I think the Titans.
Speaker 2: The Titans really like Cam, and cam style is not like RG three's. RG three was a scrambling quarterback, which leads to guys being injured.
Speaker 3: Right, so you got away the options.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's a guy that has a style that could potentially lead to him getting injured. So no, I don't think the Titan's gonna do what Washington did. And no, I don't think the forty nine ers are a good fit for your door, Freakie rod Riguez. Listen, this is why your door hasn't been drafted number one. He's only been coached by his father. Teams don't know if he can adapt to a new coaches, a coach at a gym on the hot seat, nos Dion is on deck.
Speaker 3: What'd you think, go, Joe? I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that, and I love and in regards to where he goes. If things aren't going well, especially as a team collectively, the rumors will start to swirl about Prime at some point coming to the NFL to coach to coach sha Door. Now I understand, I think, and also I think some teams are or are scared of the power and and and what they bring, you know, with with that last name. And that's just something you have to deal with. There there are other players that are just as polarizing. Uh maybe the don't carry that much weight, you know, as as a family unit as one, but I mean it's it's it's just scaring some of the teams. But still you understand what you get. You understand what you get as a player. You know, it's your door. So it's it's confusing to me when you turn the film on and you watch the tape, and I've watched the tape on all the other quarterbacks that have that have gone before him, and it's it's mind. And I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with any the quarterbacks that have gotten drafted. You know, kudos to them. You know this is obviously you live in a childhood dream of yours. But I mean, like, come on, man.
Speaker 2: You think, uh, you know, that's probably one of the reasons he's not getting drafted because you know they think they think them coming in to replace him. Well, I think the thing is is that the only voice he's really heard is his father's voice from the time he started playing football.
Speaker 3: His father's coached him every step of the way.
Speaker 2: What is what about the eye test, because it's certain things that with certain cants they not gonna they're not gonna test well when it comes to agility and all that strength training. I agree, But when you got him out there on the court or the field of way, on the field, they know how to make plays.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I think some of that stuff you can't account for, Like just watching film ain't gonna do it, or just going to watch him throw that's not gonna show, you know what he can do.
Speaker 3: In between the lines, you know, when when he gets on the field. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, Charlie Warred won the Heisman and didn't get drafted. Did you remember you remember that?
Speaker 3: Right? Oh Joe, that's right, you remember that, right, That's right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I'm just understand. So it's not like now a lot of people are gonna say, well, Charlie had told him that, you know, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Blah, gona go play in the NBA. NBA. Yeah, but ain't nobody gonna take a flyer? Hey?
Speaker 2: Uh Bo Jackson told Tampa that if you select me, I'm gonna go play baseball. They took him number one overall, so that you're not gonna tell us what we gonna not gonna do.
Speaker 3: Now. They ended up t that pick to the to the Raiders. But I'm just saying you rested.
Speaker 2: So Hugh, Hugh corver House, who used to be the owner of Tampa Bay Both was the best player.
Speaker 3: He said, if you draft me, Tampa, because they had done.
Speaker 2: You know, ruined a lot of other players they had, Tampa was not very good.
Speaker 3: You select me, I'm gonna go play baseball.
Speaker 2: With the first pick, Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Vincent bo Jackson. You gotta be a bad boy, hey, to get selected first and then don't want to play for them. I'm just gonna go over there and play baseball. I ain't doing I ain't fool which I an't. CJ got sins saying, Shaannon, this can't be a race thing with your doer. Uh. The Titans drafted Cam number one overall. Don't you know, it's a personality thing. To be honest with you, c J, I don't know what it is what we're trying to do. We're trying to say, hey, we threw the personality out. We threw Uh does he have a pre existing condition?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: What what I mean? Does he have this? Yeah, we don't. I don't see J. I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't know. I haven't talked the time. I'm sure at some point in time I'll get around and I'll sit down to that. O't ass time time. What you think happened?
Speaker 3: But I don't know. Yeah, that's puzzling.
Speaker 5: Bro, never happened ever in the history.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Doctor jan Hye said, black confidence is scared to them. They hate that.
Speaker 2: They can't break his confidence in himself. And they rich, and he's already rich. They can't hold money over him. Free black Men is America's nightmare.
Speaker 1: Listen, I read it just I read it earlier. I don't know if you heard what I read earlier.
Speaker 3: But hey, you can't he go back to school. Nope, he got an agent.
Speaker 2: If if you don't NFL, don't play that once you declared for the draft, it's good night.
Speaker 3: That is it.
Speaker 2: JJ said, Oh, Lakers got to stop turning the ball over. I agree, turn the ball over. Those young guys get out and easy, get easy buckets on you. I agree, they definitely, JJ need to stop turning that ball over. If lebron knew how close the game out there would have won, thirty eight points means nothing. If you sink a cance, if he sink they in clutch last five minutes, he ghosted, look fatigue buck Yeah, I don't see.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're asking a forty year old.
Speaker 2: I mean, how many forty years old forty year olds have ever made the playoffs, let alone score thirty eight. You're asking the man forty one minutes. Forty one minutes he gave you ten rebounds. So he's really exerting himself because he gotta get on the glass. He's going, I mean, he's what, he's thirteen to twenty one from the field, five to nine from the three point line.
Speaker 1: An playing defense just needed a little help to know, you just needed a little more help.
Speaker 3: Kendrick Clemings funk. Can't say Lakers or five?
Speaker 2: Oh no two thousand six, Brad No Leakers at five? See y'all, Oh, y'all want to pile along? We got something you now, ts car washing detailed service, Clippers winning at all till we fall. Don't give a cot, don't give count. Kawhi the ball. Kawhi is playing unbelievable. Why was playing numb believable? He's healthy, he got that mini going. And when he gets that mini going, and then you combine that with his ability to shoot the three.
Speaker 3: Oah.
Speaker 2: He tough to deal with, man, He tough to on top of Henna, get you still.
Speaker 3: You got James Harden playing at a high level too.
Speaker 2: You get both of them dudes going the way they've been playing the past few games, past couple of games.
Speaker 3: And Zoo Box give you a double double every night. Yeah, and zoobox.
Speaker 2: They just got a bunch of guys chipping in man doing a little dirty work. And uh and and really they I mean Game three, it wasn't even no game for real.
Speaker 3: They have no start to finish pretty much.
Speaker 2: Sir Kates, my guys, is Doc gone after the season if the Buck loses? And will the Dolphins eventually get fed up and trade Tyreek if he keeps up with these trade antics.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Did he say something on Joe? Did he say something today about being traded or did?
Speaker 5: I didn't hear anything. Everything's been draft covers for me, so I didn't see anything. Any Any current players have said.
Speaker 2: Uh Doc because he gets fired that the Bucks get get bounced in the first round, Joe, I think, uh yeah, I think they're gonna make some changes. If they lose in the first round, they gonna make some changes. I know Dame bigg hurt, but I think they probably gonna give up on that. Joannis and Dame man if if they can't get past these Pacers, well.
Speaker 3: Dame really never wanted to go there anyway.
Speaker 2: Dame wanted to go to Miami, Yeah yeah, but Nami didn't want to give up the package. Uh, that it was gonna take in order for them to get Dame. You know, pat right, pat Rowdy tried to man pat Rod always tried to strong arm somebody. Well, we're gonna give you this. Now, you're not gonna give us. No, no, no, no, you don't have to give us no pieces.
Speaker 3: This is what we want. Take it or leave it. You called us, We didn't call you. Yeah, Hey, you're gonna try to get what he can get. He trying to make it. He trying to make the deal right for himself. Man for the Heat.
Speaker 2: He ain't studying that. Yeah, And I ain't trying to help the Heat. I'm not trying to help the Heat. Me title contenders, So give me what I want or kick rocks right, Yeah, rich clever, Joe, I've been rocking with you. It was go to Joe much love Nightcap. Watch every episode Come to Arkansas, the cold Weller, say what you want.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati will always be home.
Speaker 2: When I fly home from college studying in Atlanta at Emory, I always get a unique special feeling driving through the skyline because my brain knows I'm home.
Speaker 3: Who they.
Speaker 2: Jim Day beatles O, Joe can't wait to see you and Charlotte, let me be your hype man on the flight. You too quick, Devo can't catch you. Oh jo in five, Devo can't see you. That's what he meant, see my bad. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. Thank you guys for tuning in.
Speaker 3: Y'all know me. I'm your favorite. Uh.
Speaker 2: The guy below me is my partner and the co host number eighty five Bengal Ring of Fan, Marta Reed, the Liberty City Ledger, Pro Bowler, All Pro Chad, Oh, your Sinkle, Joben and our basketball contributor talk all things basketball throughout the entirety of the playoffs. Arkansas Native Arkansas University. That's Ice Old Joe. Thank you guys. Please make sure you go hit that subscribe button. Please go make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. I want to thank you guys. We had a bunch I think we had over fifty thousand in the chat tonight. Thanks to you for showing up and showing out for us. Thank you for the support that you've given us from the start, all the way to the finish, to the finish, and I want to personally thank you for all the support that you've shown me. Make sure you check out Shape by La Portier. We do have it in start now. If you can't find it any city or stay near you order it online. We're shipping directly to your door. Please direct responsibly and stay safe while you're out there. Please check out our media company, Shay Shape Media on all of his platforms, and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. Everything has start. The Lincols pin in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone. Tickets for Not Safe or Work Tour are on sale. Our stops are be More Philly, Charlotte, l A m I A n YC, Shot Town, Chicago, Detroit finishes out. Tickets can be found at shashap meedia dot com, slash tour that's shayshaped meedia dot com. Slash Tour Lincolns pinning the chat. Our guests lineup is looking insane. You guys don't want to miss out. Please come out support your favorite uh and oh Cho. Make sure you check us out. So Joe Yoga, you know what, Joe, I'm gonna try to get out there and see that you know I'm gonna have to make sure I get good warm tape, a good old hot shower, get these get these old limbs all warmed up, because man, I'm gonna get y'all right, Man, get y'all right, Get y'all little red light therapy, little cry on therapy, Get y'all right. Okay, Okay, y'all gonna okay that glory eyes gonna beat Buck. You gonna be ready, baby, yeah. Uh. The Timberwolves take a two to one lead over the Lakers one sixteen, one oh four. Lebron James has thirty eight, but it wasn't enough to overcome Jade McDaniels thirty and Man's twenty nine and Julius Randalls twenty two as they win one sixteen to one oh four to take a two to one lead. And uh the Sdor Sanders slides. He doesn't go in the first two days. Now, let's see if he goes rounds four through seven. The Orlando Magic's defeat the Boston Celtics ninety five ninety three. Thanks to Polo ban Caro and Franz Wagner, they win ninety five ninety three. It's a two to one series. Boston are still in front, and the Milwaukee Bucks get on the board. Now it's two to one inding thanks to thirty seven from Giannis and thirty seven from Gary Trent Junior as they win one seventeen to one oh one.
Speaker 3: That concludes nightcap. I'm up. That's old Joe. That's a right, So Joe, we will see you tomorrow. Thank you for joining us. Guys. He's out
Speaker 1: The volume.