Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Trenda Yakarino Trenda Trenda that courtesy of Brian the Editor Return.
Speaker 2: Return.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. That was Elvia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an Elvia song that seems like it should have been an early Beatles song.
Speaker 2: I feel like, I mean what because they were both like probably stolen by a black artist.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And about the mail, I feel like they always like to do things about the mail anyways. I mean the big news is from the window to the walls, to the wall, till the sweat dripped down my ball walls walls. Yeah, we were we were wrong. Uh, and we'll get into a little bit more why we're so surprised why we're pleasantly surprised on tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 2: But you mean wrong that were like the Democrats instinct would to be do the thing that everyone's center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: They seem to not be responding to the normal mainstream media narrative of like, well, so the thing that you need to do is be extremely apologetic for any progressive ideas that you've ever held, any progressive things you've ever said. You need to run away from that and then pretend like you never said it and then apologize and then nominate Mitt Romney for your presidential candidate. But instead they seem to be just like, no, we kind of like this guy's politics, and he seemed to be good at talking, so yeah.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot. Again, I was like, you know, you want to talk about Midwest cred this guy again. We talked about this in tomorrow's episode. A lot of people like, well, Mark Kelly's an astronaut. Tim Walls was a high school football coach. The team he coached had lost twenty seven executive games before he arrived. Then quote, we said, this is nonsense. Let's turn this thing around. Three years later, they were state champions and now a powerhouse school.
Speaker 3: Just like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was on like I think Pod Save America or something. People been posting this clip of him talking about, like, you know, just defensively, how to set his team up, like reading the guards and stuff like that. I'm like, just if you Juxtaple, like have JD Vance even trying to talk about sports, I would probably die of discomfort even listening to Jdvans do that. But yeah, just like it just feels again, there's something very sincere about Tim Walls that I think appeals to a lot of people. And in an era of like, you know, like just very polished you're like, are you human or are you dancer? The era of politics, it's nice to have a guy who you know, is also providing feminine hygiene products in all school bathrooms, which is.
Speaker 3: All that like something to mock him about Miles tampon.
Speaker 2: Tim is also trending because the rights like, oh, dude, for.
Speaker 3: You launched Tim? What what for children?
Speaker 2: Cares about the kids? Tim? Disgusting?
Speaker 1: Wait, so he provided tampons for people, and they're making fun of him for doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for making it like a thing that was like mandatory in bathrooms. It's like, oh, this guy likes tampons.
Speaker 3: You're like, what, yeah, sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: He likes tampons, folks. What roast, dude, what else do you have?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean in an era where the you know, especially with the selection of JD Vans, the Republican side seems to be getting like obviously weirder, which it was the phrase that he came up with, but just like, yeah, insincerity is really the big JD Vance issue, right. He seems wildly insincere. He seems like he's just saying whatever will garner him more political power, and you just no, because you can like find him completely contradicting himself from like five years ago, like so reasonly exactly he.
Speaker 2: Sold his own brain out, folks. So this is what it's always like.
Speaker 1: It seems smart for them to like lean into authenticity here and not lean into, uh, trying to apologize and be centrist and pro Israel at a time when again that is wildly unpopular, like a lot of the things that I'm seeing like the Strategic Galaxy mind d NC people talking about like why they should have gone in a different direction. They're talking about apologizing or trying to tack away from things that are popular policies like abortion rights and opposing the genocide in Gaza.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, this is we'll see again, that's not the eff see if this is the administration's official platform, if they will speak on Gaza.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they didn't lean into the guy who was yeah yeah, well espawn record. Yeah, but protesters who protested what is was doing were white supremacist here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like like KKK members. But yeah, I'm I'm excited that I've more for the fact that I've never seen like in an election year people be like, all right, this this looks like something that could maybe like appeal to people, like for mostly good reasons. Obviously it's still very much like the status quote ticket and that obviously like it. We're not things aren't going to change based on who the president is. But like you know, we talk a lot about it in tomorrow's episode, but I think it's been at least since twenty fifteen, where like most people were like looking at a Democratic ticket like, huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two in a row, like we've gotten two good decisions from the Democrats in a row.
Speaker 3: Yes, Pelosi this summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Pelos is loose.
Speaker 2: She says she hasn't spoken to Biden in weeks.
Speaker 1: She pressured Biden out and then was also a Walls supporter. Yeah, allegedly behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: We shall see where this goes. But yeah, the vibe market, the stocks are up.
Speaker 3: Yes, the vibes are high.
Speaker 1: In addition to tampon Tim, the more formal annals of the conservative media have they're attacking him for being a socialist again, a thing that like I think is very popular with young people, probably still scary to the elderly. But this headline from the Wall Street Journal was pretty wild. Harris running Mate teases his own project twenty twenty five socialism.
Speaker 2: Because he wants he wants kids to have lunch for.
Speaker 3: Free at school.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I do not pay for a Wall Street Journal account. Yes, so I don't know what specifically they're saying there, but that's great.
Speaker 2: Well, by that, I mean like he's done a lot for like, you know, like voting rights, you know, where like kids get like registered or like they're they there's a list for mail in ballots and like there's sixteen and seventeen year olds could pre register to.
Speaker 1: Vote, you know, like those are like a communist you mean, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like a like a common social old social avoid Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's stalin Minnesota, Stalin, all right, exactly.
Speaker 2: That'll stick, that'll stick, yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, But back to trendy Yakarino X on Tuesday filed a federal anti trust lawsuit against Advertising Coalition, an average hausing industry coalition and its members including CBS, mars or Stead, Unilever, basically saying like we we sue you for not advertising with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. This is like a group that was created by the World Federation of Advertisers again for their like we need to set like a standard as advertisers around, like what's brand safe? Like what does brand safety mean to us? Is it stoking race riots in the UK and around the country with miss it rife and using a platform that's rife with misinformation like X? Is that safe for our brand? Do we want our soap ad to go up next to a video of a Nazi talking about just genociding people? Is that? Is that brand safe? Oh no, well hmm, then maybe this isn't the place for us. Which is really interesting, right because when when Elon Musk bought X his whole thing like it's free speech, and a lot of people like, well, there go your fucking ad dollars, you know, like a like fucking CVS doesn't want to be in there, like weird berther shit or whatever the fuck is like the conspiracy d jour on X. And I think it's important to remember how when like like early on, when people were like, dude, like remember like the anti semitism this like right after the anti semitism shit that was going on with him, he had to go have this like weird uh new York Times like roundtable discussion where he told the advertisers, He's like, they're not gonna strong arm me for like spreading misinformation. I just want to play this back because this is sort of what he said to the very people that are like, yeah, then we're not going to advertise on X. This is Elon. We talked to Bob Iden.
Speaker 3: Stop do you hope it don't advertise?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, you don't want them to advertise? No, what do you mean.
Speaker 3: If somebody going to try to blackmail me with advertising, blackmailing with money? Fuck yourself, Go fuck yourself.
Speaker 2: Turns out, Elon, you just fucked yourself with all this tough talk. So again, basically he's suing them to be like, they stopped advertising on us because we don't meet their standards for brand safety, and that's there. They're that's not right, that's not fair.
Speaker 3: No fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I object to this capitalistic interaction on the grounds of no fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's a free market if companies have the freedom to do whatever the fuck they want?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's very Linda Yakarino has like this video or it's very uncomfortable. You can tell you've completely been consumed by like being part of Twitter for too long in this new phase of whatever late stage Twitter. But yeah, go ahead. I mean, like this follows up like too. Like a lot of conservatives have been like screaming about, like specifically conservative media like the Daily Wire, being like they're not buying ads on like our racist content, Like what is this?
Speaker 1: They used to Yeah, that's tough and we hate to see it. And you do hate to see it for.
Speaker 2: What is it? Is it freedom of speech or mandatory advertising on my caustic rhetoric?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they should have to give me money. Yeah, because I'm all about freedom. All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, and uh, the RFK Junior New Yorker article that he was trying to get ahead of did come out. I mean, the bear thing seems like he kind of like it. They it goes so quickly that they like they it's not even the focus of the article. It's a couple paragraphs where they're like, I'll just read it real quick. One day in the fall of twenty fourteen, Kennedy was driving to a Falcon reouting in upstate New York, when he passed a furry brown mound on the side of the road, pulled over discovered that it was the carcass of a black bear cub. Kennedy was tickled by the find. He loaded the dead bear into the rear hatch of his car and later showed it off to his friends. In a picture from that day, Kennedy is putting his fingers inside the bear's bloody mouth, a comical grimace across his face. When I asked Kennedy about the incident, he said, maybe that's where I got my brain worm. Yeah, Actually, people have gotten parasites for meeting bear meat. After the outing, Kennedy, who was then sixty and recently married to Haines, got an idea. He drove to Manhattan, and as darkness fell, entered Central Park with the bear and a bicycle. A person with knowledge of the event said that Kennedy thought it would be a funny to make it look as if the animal had been killed by an errant cyclist. The next day, the bear was discovered by two women walking their dogs, setting off an investigation by the NYPD. This is a highly unusual situation, A spokeswoman for the Central Park Conservancy told These Times it's awful, and a follow up piece for the Times, which was coincidentally written by Tatianas Schlosberg, one of JFK's granddaughters, a retired Bronx homicide commander, commented, people are crazy and that's the end of it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then goes on to like describe all the other weird and fucked up shit about really things.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of his wives, one of his ex wives, killed herself after what her family alleges was like a lot of mental abuse, emotional abuse from him. They then sued to have her buried in Westchester, where the family was from, and Kennedy, like countersued to bury her on the Kennedy family plot on Cape Cod. And then he a month later, after waiting this right to be.
Speaker 2: Like your daughter, your daughter's body has to be buried where ice is mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, he exhumed the body and moved it to a separate part of the cemetery because he said it offered more space. And that was like a lot of his friends were like, that's wait, that's fucking evil, man.
Speaker 2: What's the there's another one where one at the uh, someone who was an editor at Rolling Stone. Uh uh. The magazine spoke to former Rolling Stone managing will editor Will Dana, who recounted an incident which Kennedy visited the magazine's office carrying a bucket with a little injured baby bird. So then we have our meeting and we do our thing, and suddenly he's like, I gotta go. Can you go get one of your interns, like take the bird to the vet, Dana recalls. While Kennedy claimed that dana story is a lie, Rolling Stone executive editor Sean Woods backed up as the anecdote and said, fact Jack true. He's got a whole fucking weird like this is like, was he fucking around with dead animals like as a kid, Because I think we might be this might just be the tip of the old fucking iceberg.
Speaker 1: He's been a real big animal guy for his whole life. But yeah, hanging out with dead ones. Yeah, like he's sticking his hand in the mouth of dead like roadkill on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's very strange.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have a whole episode about it in our upcoming Kennedy show. But he's it goes way darker and deeper and stranger.
Speaker 3: Than you would expect.
Speaker 1: Uh, our junior is a very weird guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, who would expect from a guy who saw his uncle and own dad get murked? Yeah, just probably And I don't know what kind of you know, what he did to sort of address that trauma, but I can it's like in a weird way. I'm like kind of makes like I understand if this motherfucker's been through a lot. But this is also to act like this any of this is like normal or like yeah, this guy could run the country, right, come on, now, come on now.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a new story in the if only someone had seen this coming department. Swimmers have been legit hospitalized after swimming in the Seine. Yeah that they're not saying this like a definitely led to b but the athlete, like two athletes who previously swam in the sin fell ill amid ongoing concern about high levels of bacteria in the water. And again they're not being like that was definitely caused by that. But the like the whole Belgium team withdrew from the triathletic I thought.
Speaker 2: The Belgian team when they're like our mixed triathlon team like has been vaporized because Claire Michelle, who was supposed to who did the swim last time, is in the hospital. I thought it was like e coli specifically, the thing that everyone was like, the E coli levels are pretty bad in this river, and then someone is hospitalized with like an e coli infection. Yeah, yeah, I mean, I guess they can try and dance around it. But I wonder what happened to the American dude who's like wiping his own bare ass and then eating burritos.
Speaker 1: If not washing his hands to prep for yeah, for the show. He's taking a victory lap over this shit.
Speaker 2: He's like they said, I was a fucking Weirdoh but I don't have E coli. I have another gastro intestinal thing that I think is happening completely unrelated. Don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A Swiss athlete also had to pull out of the mixed relay triathlon due to a gastro intestinal infection, and he had swam in the sin during the men's triathlon on July thirtieth.
Speaker 2: I mean, is there something too, Because the other thing that we're hearing a lot more now is in the Olympic village that they were like worms in the food.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, yeah, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this a British swimmer said, quote, the catering isn't good enough for the level of athletes that are expected to perform. We need to give the best we possibly can. They said. The food in Tokyo was incredible, but in Paris, he said, there was enough protein. Long queues waiting thirty minutes for food because there's no queuing system. Wait, where's the worm part? This is where it gets um.
Speaker 3: Oh like you said you want a protein man, yeah, said the.
Speaker 2: Narrative of sustainability has just been pushed on athletes. I want meat. I need to perform. That's what I eat at home, So why should I change. I like my fish, and people are finding worms in the fish. It's just not good at m.
Speaker 3: Worms in the fish is not good.
Speaker 2: Soccra Blue, y'all come on now, I know one thing athletes needed to suck oose oh my sock rate, and I.
Speaker 1: Will write your headlines for you the New York Post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, socc Ra poo about the Send river, about the food. But yeah, like I mean, anyone who's been around, anyone who's even like been like I'm gonna start lifting. It's like, dude, how many eggs are you eating? How much meat are you eating? Right? Then you then you have to extrapolate that to a bunch of high performance athletes and worm fish. Now, I don't know if they're just taking shots or whatever, but it's pretty it seems like a pretty consistent complaint that the lodgings are ship the food is shit. This is the river is full of shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, you go fishing miles, what do you what do you use? What's the bait? Worms? Okay, sorry, if some of them ended up in the meat, just.
Speaker 2: They ate the worm. That's how I got it on the hook for you to have your little protein.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, prepared to have protein.
Speaker 1: I went fishing when I found out that's what you guys wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I use dog turns. I put right on the end of the hook, and that's how I catch my fish. That's the bait I get.
Speaker 1: I would actually work in the scent. That's one of a key part of the ecosystem in the sun as dog turds. All right, well, those miles are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, August sixth.
Speaker 3: We are back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: With a whole last episode of the show until I know, do you believe it? Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,