Speaker 1: Oh boy, season is in well full swing.
Speaker 2: A bunch of listeners, welcome to this wild ride.
Speaker 1: Anyway, We've got trades in agreements to talk about and break down before discussing Las Vegas Summer League and NBA Con which we will be at. So if you're hearing this on time, make sure you come see us an NBA cont with our super producer Jabari on today's episode.
Speaker 2: I'm Miles Great and I'm Jack O'Brien and this is.
Speaker 1: My last I was trying to do like an asp Rocky company.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like kind of screwed, Yeah, chopped, screwed a little bit, a little bit, but not too much.
Speaker 1: There you go and be driving Spinning Cory A three parter.
Speaker 3: Stop cry from child again.
Speaker 1: Be please welcome superroducer Jabbari, Welcome.
Speaker 3: He likes basketball?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Tru or false? Here we go tru or false? You like basketball?
Speaker 5: Is a rapid fire or I don't know, baby, it is true?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good, Goodwise A real hard episode to do.
Speaker 3: I am. This is the time of the year where I really come into my own as somebody who understands all the collective bargainings agreement. I know, I get it all. I know it all. I understand what all of these signings mean for the future of the team. So you're dealing with an expert, so yeah, we can put your so Jack. Jack is gonna put you on Javari into some things. But don't be don't.
Speaker 1: Be confused when he poses some of these tests in the form of a direct question to you to explain what these things.
Speaker 3: Like who's Tory imprints again? Where did I see him? A name sounds familiar?
Speaker 1: An ingredient and energy drinks.
Speaker 3: You really should not have too much of your energy.
Speaker 1: Get the shad and you get the shake.
Speaker 6: I actually considered getting a numbers guy for you, and then I realized nobody wanted to do that, So we'll just numbers guy, a numbers guy that understands the cap and can you can break it all that? Yeah, it's probably more entertaining if we just make it up.
Speaker 3: There's that lost episode from the last time you tried that where I just went the whole time every time the numbers guy would talk. Who will remain unnamed. Yeah, I'm a little you know, other people are like I'm the Picasso of the trade machine on the Divinsion. I'm more of like the Jackson Pollock of the trade Machine. You know, I'll color a little bit lines scattershot. Don't learn who all the players involved are.
Speaker 1: By myself, I'm the super day of Osborne of the trade machine, and that I will horribly injure myself every time I try and use it because I don't know what I'm doing. But anyway, uh, who do you want to? Who should we talk about first? I mean, I mean, obviously we have a bit of a bias here who well more than that, we are. We are of the dirt of Los Angeles, you know, We're not some of these people that move here for an acting gig and then suddenly find themselves court side at me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, my ears are burning, I get it. Move okay, acting.
Speaker 1: I should have invited you instead of Mark from Sugar.
Speaker 3: Ray did blow all my money on those court side seats and bottomed out real quick. All right. I have seen multiple people say the Lakers are winning, have won this free agency so far. We got Gay Vincent from the Miami Heat designed to a three year deal, the starting point guard from the team that was in the finals.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. He made it.
Speaker 3: He made an impression on me, and that's important for NBA talent.
Speaker 1: That's how I like to go from not like not knowing much of a boy a player than seeing them and do really one go yeah, yeah, we're having that.
Speaker 3: We're having at Yeah, that looks good.
Speaker 6: Last thing you saw is if it's the best, you know that that player is the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, So that that's what That one's too easy, Jabari.
Speaker 3: So I'm not gonna quizy on that one because I figure you probably saw him in the finals. But Jackson Hayes agreed to two year deal with the Lakers. Who is he He's.
Speaker 6: An athletic big you know, right around six eleven seven foot. But the thing that excites me about about the potential here is he hasn't really had the opportunity to just play a role, just play a specific role in his In his three or four years with the Pelicans, he's gone from they started him as a five, then they said, okay, we're gonna make you a stretch force, so just go out there and shoot all the threes you want, and then they even tried him at the three. To be honest with you, while he's extremely athletic, he's not a guy that I see as that type of you know, with that type of versatility, so just plain just being asked to play the five, being a rim runner, being a weak side defender. I it's a it's a good signing, not a guarantee, but a good signing for the Lakers.
Speaker 3: I mean the big one I think is you guys, re signed smaller country Brian Austin Reeves and he's Luxembourg. We call him Luxembourg if yeah, smaller, big country. Yeah, for a really good a good deal. I think a lot of people saw what he was doing in the playoffs, thought this guy's got the Lakers over a barrel man. It's a good deal for y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was wondering where they were going to go with that, because you had all types of people that were saying things, you know, along the lines of, oh, well, somebody might try to throw a poison pill contract at him, or you know, get the Lakers. Forced the Lakers to pay him as much as eighteen to twenty a year, getting him at that rate, and I recognize, you know, people are going to say this is just Lakers hype, but he's one of the better young prospect guards out there for me right now, So get him at that rate is absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I think, yeah, I'm glad that we're like building all what we have so far. I mean, we saw it like Lonnie Walker, he went to the nets and unfortunately, you know, he although were calling him Lonnie Walker the fourth quarter, there were there was only truly that one fourth quarter. Yeah, yeah, it does count. It does count. Uh. And then obviously we got ruly back. Love to see that obviously, so my my jerseys stay relevant and my my love for my fellow Oblazion can continue.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then D'Angelo Russell, I mean, we'll see what how do you feel about Dangelo?
Speaker 5: I won't lie to you.
Speaker 6: I was a bit surprised I when when Gabe Vincent kind of came out of nowhere, and you look, I guess that means I'm not really in touch with the experts. But when we came out of nowhere, I thought, well, surely that means that Dilo is not going to be back.
Speaker 5: And I guess we'll see if.
Speaker 6: If you know, they're gonna see how it goes and then you know, consider him for a move or potential move down the line. But yeah, no, this is it's it's a it's a fun young guard core that actually has you know, that actually has some veteran presence. I I'm intrigued because I don't think Dlo should be the starter anymore. I think your back court, I think you're starting backcourt. You know, if if everything holds, you know holds true, should probably be Austin Reaves and Gabe Vincent.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: The defensive pressure alone, that both of those guys and you know, just being irritants you know, on that side of the court, you know, it should should earn them that spot. So I'm intrigued to see what Dlo looks like in the event that he is not a is not a guaranteed starter, right he.
Speaker 3: Started for you guys last year. Again, this is a quiz d Low Yes, yea, yeah.
Speaker 7: There's even there was even a part there was even a point where when he was really struggling, the point where he was really struggling, when people were saying things along the lines up, well, you have to keep starting him because you'll you'll lose him, you know, any event that you took, you'll put him on the bench. That, in particular is why I'm intrigued to see with how they go with that.
Speaker 5: Rotation.
Speaker 3: Do you have a lot of lasers out there? There was that quote from Lebron early in the season when the layers open too and ten, uh, where we sold not a lot of lasers out there? Yeah, do you feel like you have enough lasers that like maybe that's where the del signing comes from, is that he can be a very streaky and successful, effective three point shooter.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think that definitely plays into it. You know, we saw him in the Lakers uniform the last, if I'm not mistaken, seventeen games of the regular season. He was fantastic from deep. In the postseason not you know, especially down the stretch, not so much. But yeah, you know, to that point, you know, the addition of torrean prints and obviously you're you're hoping that a guy like Ruey can kind of you know, can do the same or the same types of things or have the same type of impact as he had, you know in the second half of the year. Uh, you know, getting a guy like gave Vincent in there, and you hope that you can have growth from within within Austin Reeves.
Speaker 5: I think they're obviously they're far more you know, they're far.
Speaker 6: More lasers or far more shooter your shooting options than that started last season. But I think you actually have a decent mix. It really is just a matter of whether they're gonna get to the Lakers and forget how to shoot all together, which Lakers fans will tell you happens, you know, quite regularly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, coach people who are good shooters lasers. I feel like if I tried to make that happen, it wouldn't work. That feels like a dorky thing to say. But because he's Lebron James, he gets away with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's I mean, you know, also like you know, you're not you're not the most Yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: Lebron especially reached that stage where he's just old enough to be like tell corny dad jokes and get away with but still hip enough to I guess, you know, start a trend and.
Speaker 3: Cooler than me, which is why it stood out to me. I was like, Lebron's cool and he's calling shooters lasers. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Okay, well he's not calling them imp beams or something like that. You know, that's another you know, if you really want to go down that rabbit hole. What else? Who? Who else are we we want to talk about. I mean a lot of some some interesting movement. Uh, Dylan Brooks found a home instant along with what's that weird stat? I read that the other person that shot as many shots as him and missed was Fred van Fleet. So they're not an interesting match an interesting matchup together.
Speaker 3: Christ is uh. Yeah's backcourt is going to be interesting. Yeah, the Rockets weren't kidding.
Speaker 1: I know, Iman not happy about that. I know the last episode she was doing everything in her power to keep Fred. But that ship has set sail.
Speaker 5: You guys mentioned it last week.
Speaker 6: It seemed like the Rockets were, at least in the conversation for everyone look no shade to Dylan Brooks. In fact, y'all know, and if you don't know, I'll tell you now. I'm in favor of everybody getting paid, get your money.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, when you.
Speaker 6: Look at a four year, eighty million dollar contract, it makes it feel like to me, is that they you know, were swinging and missing, swinging and missing and saying it doesn't matter. Dylan, you are our guy, because to be honest with you, that's a contract that they weren't really they didn't seem to be competing with other teams against right and you know, honestly, if if it if it paid out, awesome, But that's an awful lot of money to put you to put it to your back court when you still have Jalen Green on the roster and when you still have all of those other young pieces.
Speaker 3: Grizzlies are getting experience at the point guard, more experience of the point guard position. Now you got Marcus Smart and Derek Rose now agreed to two year deal with the grizz I don't know. The Grizzlies will be interesting. It feels like they're trying to like shore up with like character that guys.
Speaker 5: Right. Sorry, the joke that I was gonna make would have been stupid. I'll say this.
Speaker 6: They definitely got some They definitely got some some age in there.
Speaker 5: And not being funny about it. Not being funny about it.
Speaker 6: At the very least a guy that has, you know, endured some of the things that Derek Rose has endured, both on a personal and professional level, he can probably point you in the right direction or at least tell you, hey.
Speaker 5: You might not want to head down your head down that alley. In that regard, I think it could be a poster.
Speaker 3: Draymond resigns with Golden State four years, one hundred million. I would have turned that down, but I mean I get it, like he wants to get paid, so.
Speaker 5: He does an again he does it. He can.
Speaker 1: Also like I'm just looking okay, So Jeremy Grant extended to Portland. There was that talk that maybe, you know, before we knew anything about where Damian Lillard wanted to go or could go, there was like some rumors that maybe he wanted to play with Draymond. Now that's off the table, and now we're at the point where he's in. Damian Lillard is now in a situation with the Blazers where they're like, yeah, so we're not really interested in cooperating with you on this trade that you want the heat because the players we want they're not coming up off of And it seems like now it's becoming a serious search to figure out any other potential suitors or another way to make it work with a few different teams.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Well, the truth of the matter is they actually have him over a barrel. And I found it funny when the report over the weekend came out. Uh, you know, other players around the league are you know, seriously monitoring how Portland goes about, you know, handling this situation when in reality, there weren't a lot you know, there haven't been a ton of people flocking to Portland to begin with when they had Dame and it was prime Dame. So I don't know if that will necessarily play in. But also if you're in, if you're in Portland situation and everyone out there knows your guy has already said that's the only place I want to play, you're probably a little bit annoyed or perturbed with how, you know, with how that played out, because that put you, That puts you behind the eight ball. It puts you in a position where you're negotiating from a position of weakness. Uh, you know, because you know Miami is sitting there saying like, no, he wants to come here, So what are you gonna do? Yeah, funny enough with the Draymond situation, Uh, you just to comment on that. You guys, remember that scene from Breaking Bad after Walter beats Gus Fring when he calls you know, Skyler and he tells me, I won Yeah you're Draymond. If you're Draymond, you absolutely have Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want one oh yeah, he got it. You know, I'm no Donald Trump, but I do know the art of the deal a bit better. You don't, don't come out with your whole hand showing like that either, don't right, just it it really weakens your position. We're like, it's only this, now, make it happen, and you like, you're not varuk assault, but they're not going to accommodate you. But hey, but I feel.
Speaker 3: Like in NBA history generally, teams are very accommodated, right, like when a player asks, because you want to be seen as somebody who like works for works with your teammate or with the people on your team, and like you know, has has a good relationship there. So I feel like I don't know, Well, we'll see how it shakes out. I do feel everyone's like, all right, I've worked out a seventeen team deal that sis dame to like. It's a it's a real mess because there's not really a one for one or one for three scenario that makes sense for for both teams. It seems like everybody expects there to be something very complicated happening with this trade to get him there, if he is going to get there. But really, it's only been like the Sixers with Ben Simmons. Who else has just like held out and like been like, yeah, we know you don't want to be here and that's yeah, the.
Speaker 5: Rockets and yeah.
Speaker 6: And also Philly and also Brooklyn hm hm the last three years mmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But he he said he wanted to believe and he was gone like fairly soon after that. He just says he wants to leave a lot.
Speaker 5: You're exactly right.
Speaker 6: Teams are generally going to fold, and he knows that and his representatives know that.
Speaker 5: So ultimately, if and when Miami takes or excuse.
Speaker 6: Me, when Portland takes a deal that is not you know that NBA Twitter or NBA Blue Sky, if you will deems you know, not commiserate with what he brings to the table. We can all just accept it and say like, yo, you're right, like there's not really a precedent of a team just saying absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so who do you think one if we're not allowed to pick the Lakers, Like the Sons definitely answered some questions right because everybody was like, oh, are you allowed to field a team with four players? And now they seem to have like a real identity and a lot of a lot of players. They seem to be good at shooting.
Speaker 5: It seems to be a thing.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But who do you think is winning at this point?
Speaker 6: Well, with the caveato, we can't pick the Lakers. No, Honestly, the Sons had an incredible first couple of days. Uh, we were all questioning you, well, how are you gonna fill out that roster?
Speaker 5: You know, to the point that you just made.
Speaker 6: Filling it out with guys that are not just interchangeable, that can play multiple positions, but they also fit in and can shoot. I don't think you could have you know, we could have anticipated anything better from them. Uh, you know, you to want to nobby for you know, for example, if I'm not mistaken, last year was.
Speaker 1: A league not me.
Speaker 5: This is that, you know, the league leader and catching shoot threes last year.
Speaker 6: Adding adding that to the mix is probably not going to be a bad thing.
Speaker 5: I'm still intrigued to see if.
Speaker 6: You know, if and how Frank Vogel implements like a defensive mindset with these guys. But ultimately we can we can pretty much figure that's going to take place, you know, based on a very proven track record outside of you know, one really injury prone. You know, you're with the Lakers a couple of years back, but I would say, you know, the Lakers, the Suns were definitely winners. And even though I poop pooed it with the Rockets, I'm intrigued to see how they go about, you know, working in the veterans with all of that young talent, you know, the Grizzlies, even though I poo pooed that and made light of it, I think that's actually going to once again be a formidable team. They'll still be right there in the mix, if not one of the top teams. Honestly, if I were a betting man, even before job returns, so so far, I think those are the teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like we're seeing a big three in the West kind of with Lakers, Suns, and then who's that other team out there who did pretty good last year? Oh, the Nuggets like they were going to be good.
Speaker 5: Weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Then the Sixers or the sorry the Celtics and the Heat in the East both haven't done anything too big other than you know, the one that we talked about last year last week with the Celtics and kind of changing their identity, getting a little more scoring, getting a little less uh alpha doggie in the backcourt. So it feels like those are kind of and then Milwaukee obviously, but there's some questions around Yannis's knee, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you just got to clean it. By all reports, you got it cleaned up. That's how it was described. And you know that obviously sounds better than.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but just harber shop and asked for them to clean up.
Speaker 1: And the kitchen my kitchen on my knee though, Oh okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: One thing I want to give credit to, you know, someone from Milwaukee. Not only did Brook Lopez get paid, but reportedly one of the stipulations of his signing was that they also signed Robin and I aspire I want to be the Robin in that situation.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm just upt that I didn't have.
Speaker 6: Siblings, that I didn't broke with siblings, because I one want to be Robbin in that situation.
Speaker 1: But the best I can do is using my mother's Costco card. There you go, it's feeling like it's feeling like Robin Lopez. I'm like, look, I'm with this person. Okay, now give me my paper top.
Speaker 3: She'll back you up if they try and challenge you, which is the thing. Yeah, they're doing now.
Speaker 1: If I call, if I call from there, sor I say, mom, they don't believe me, but you're in the car. She'll come in, She'll back me up. The rotis chickens, She'll hook it up.
Speaker 5: I got you. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It's all about family, all right. Should we take a break.
Speaker 3: Also, I just did. I did want to mention my team. The Sixers still have Joel mb on their team as of this recording, So they're making waves. We'll be right back, and we're back. And what are our biggest surprises? I think poor zingis Marcus Smart was probably still my biggest surprise thus far in free agency or in the I guess that was a trade, but gave Vincent to the Lakers. That feels good.
Speaker 1: That was a job dropper. Yeah for me, I was never really considered. I didn't think that was on the table. But then when I started to hear more about it, I was like, oh, okay, that please spoil me.
Speaker 5: For me. Yeah, I'm right there with you.
Speaker 6: I did not see that coming, but I'm you know, I'm I'm ecstatic about it. But the biggest surprise. One of the Biggert surprises to me was Bruce Brown.
Speaker 5: Again, I'm in favor of guys getting paid.
Speaker 6: I didn't anticipate him, you know, at at twenty plus per year, but it it, it was funny, and I'll admit the jerk and me, you know, got a good you know, gotta laugh out of it. But remember at the you know, at the championship parade when our man Michael Malone was right and he mad and he made he made the declaration Brucey, b Bruce he b ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 1: Cut to he in fact did go somewhere for him to Indianapolis. Yeah, yeah, yeah, one.
Speaker 3: Were you hoping he would end up with the Laker. I feel like everybody was hoping he would end up with that. He just feels like he helps you win.
Speaker 6: And you know, as soon as I heard his name being mentioned, and by the way, the rumors that came out after that signing were that he was probably going to the Lakers had Indianapolis not come blown any deal that they, you know, could have offered out of the water. But yeah, I wanted him, and I you know, quite frankly, I made the joke about it, but if you're Darvin Haam and that staff and you watched him just run, you'll run rough over your guys. I understand, you know, for four straight games. I understand why you wanted to, you know, bring that into the mix.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Amir Blumenfeld from who I think was our tweet of the week or one of our tweets of the week last week from over a Head Gum and College Humor, he had a theory that he tweeted out that I want to get your impressions of that. Sometimes the like how weird or major a trade seems has to do with jersey color and that, like anyone getting traded like Gabe Vincent to the Lakers feels so weird because he's gone. It's just hard to like picture him in a Lakers jersey because he's We've only really seen him in a black and red jersey. Any any takers on this idea. It made sense to me when I saw because it was right around the poor Zingis thing, and I was like, poorzingis in a Celtic's jersey. That just seems wrong to me.
Speaker 1: For no, Definitely, Yeah, I get the having hard visualizing a trade or anything because of the uniforms for sure, but also as a mentally ill Lakers fan, I could see anybody in this uniform maybe, but it's hard. But it is hard for me to be like Lonnie Walker in the Nets uniform. Yeah, but he was just in ours, So I do, I do get it going both ways. I have a less of like an obstacle for other teams. But I thought you were gonna say something like where they are on a color wheel, Like if it's close by on the color wheel, then that trade might be a little bit easier to fathom. But like, but red and yellow or gold, I feel like, are you know, kindred spirits on a color wheel?
Speaker 3: So maybe yes. For some reason, the Celtic poorzingis to the Celtics really like made sense to me, as like, wait, that's not right. He's he's blue blue, blue, not green, not green.
Speaker 6: I think there's definitely something to this, and to Miles' point, except for with the Lakers, not only do we visualize anybody and everybody in Akers uniform. Quite frankly, on social media, he was a photos a photoshop of every single player at any that has had any positive, any positivity stated against about them or had even a halfway decent fourth quart That's.
Speaker 1: How you get in the Lakers jersey.
Speaker 5: I mean it's only a matter of time, right right.
Speaker 3: But yeah again next jersey. I think a lot of people won't have that. That's easy because by.
Speaker 5: You know, by midway point of this season, they'll get used to it. So I get it.
Speaker 1: Hey, so did you see him? Could you see him in the Mavericks? Could you see him in a Mavericks uniform A blue?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're going Bluepool, Okay, Mavericks.
Speaker 3: Mavericks uniforms always seem like uniforms from a movie that didn't get the rights to the n b A. Like they just seem like the colorway just feels like unofficial to me. I don't know why, right right right, I have.
Speaker 6: No idea why this connection was just formed in my mind. But like, remember the uniforms from the Replacement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly exactly where the Miami Sharks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, team was like, we're the buccaneer hats, just the hat, just the hot part.
Speaker 3: Go hats.
Speaker 1: So what I mean, what is what's out there left on the table in terms of free agents? What what do you have our veritable picks of the litter or do our cup runneth over with an embarrassment of riches, or it's all the good have all the good deals been done?
Speaker 6: Meaning absolutely no disrespect to anybody that's left. It's somewhat slim pickens in terms of like the bigger names. You know, I'm intrigued by Christian Wood, you know, in particular with the Lakers selfish lead. But any contender or team that sees himself as a potential contender that's able to bring him in anywhere near the minimum, I think that's incredible value.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Any lasers out there, I don't know who. Most of these people are left on the free agent out.
Speaker 6: Kelly Oubre is a guy that you know, kind of like with Cam reddish with the Lakers. And no disrespect to Kelly because he's had more success at this level, but he's a guy that if you need some wing depth, nothing bad about taking a flyer there.
Speaker 5: TJ. Warren is another guy, you know, Warren position.
Speaker 3: Then Yeah, two big things, you know, the Summer League. A lot of people are talking about Summer League, a lot of people mainly because we are going to be that NBA con We're going to be the thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you saw that tweet from the NBA. It says, we can confirm that the San Antonio Spurs will be having Miles and Jack got Mat Boosti's live show at NBA con.
Speaker 3: That's right, Spurs.
Speaker 1: They were just trying to get they were just trying to get their you know, relevance up a little bit by hitching their wagon.
Speaker 3: I'm a little pathetic. You don't need that when you're talking about us. But I get it. They're new.
Speaker 5: San Antonio. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let's be real. We're very we we we're praying every day that we're going to get to see wemb in Vegas.
Speaker 3: So they did announce that Webbiyama will be playing on Friday night tomorrow night. Uh, that's pretty pretty. I just want to go and compliment his nail beds. I just want to tell him how to.
Speaker 1: Hey Twitter there man, and you like hold this him, like, let me see these nails. Man, whoa sir? Yeah, But I mean it's it's between like we got Chet looking good out there, looks good.
Speaker 3: Man he is. I hope he's like we get to see him in the league this year because he is my favorite summer league basketball player. He looks so good in the summer league, man, you know, you.
Speaker 6: Know what, and far be it for me to you know, tell everybody, you know, tell anybody to not joke.
Speaker 5: But it was kind of annoying.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you guys saw a lot of the conversations surrounding him when it was announced that he had put on thirteen pounds of muscle. But you know, it's still like under two hundred and ten pounds. Yeah, Like, I'm just gonna say it right now. If it wasn't like we could have anticipated him putting on fifty pounds in one season.
Speaker 5: You know, like there's levels to this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, people are making fun of They're like, we're making fun of that, saying like, still looks skinny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like, yeah, well, you know, he started off super skinny, and it happens.
Speaker 1: A lot of times, like elite athletes put on way too much muscle. It it completely throws their physiology off.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you go.
Speaker 1: Incrementals, Yes, we get it. He still looks like a home deep O skeleton, Okay, but the man is still buttery with his feet and rest smooth.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean there's some great highlights from the Summer League. You know, his footwork is incredible. I didn't see many I didn't see him put up many threes or maybe they just weren't going in. But people are really on him. Like his first play, he kind of got stuffed at the rim a little bit and just didn't look great and people are like, oh, chet, Chet taking some time off and it chose that a beer gut I see there. And but then he looked great and he blocks shots like really well, which is exciting.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I can't wait for a world And the reason why I'm going ahead and putting this out there because I think Bull Bull is gonna end up getting picked up by Okay.
Speaker 5: See, I cannot wait.
Speaker 6: We have lineups with Bull Bull on the court, with Chet and with Poku have three seven foot I mean, you know.
Speaker 3: What do you call that? Seven? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't It's It's Summer League is going to be so funny again. Please, if you guys are going to be an NBA con, please come by and say hi, because we will be there. We got two live shows are going to be doing Friday and Saturday in the afternoon. Just check up the lineups. You'll see us. Obviously if you see a huge crowd of people. It's not because Wemby's in the buildings that Jack is there and I might be taking my hat off in public, okay, and people want to see my bald head. That's what's going on.
Speaker 3: I heard somebody call it WEMBA Con the other day and I smacked them in the mouth because of the disrespect about the exactly the biggest debut that is happening there is Miles and Jack got mad boost. He's having our first live podcast at NBA Con, and that is really what most people are talking about.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen. I mean, I'm looking on Twitter right now and my mom hasn't tweeted it once about Wemby. She's only tweeting about us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she's excited, folks.
Speaker 1: So if that wasn't a great pitch, I don't know what is, okay, folks.
Speaker 3: Wait. So one thing that I guess, the thing that surprised me from Free Agency was people's reaction to you know, like we said, the Sons are adding some depth. People were very impressed by the signing of Eric Gordon, who you know, this dude Andrew Lisas, who I follow just because of how strong he is with his son fandom. He was like sons added Eric Gordon, who was one of the best scores in the world off the bench scary season, and put up a bunch of highlights of Eric Gordon. And I guess, like I think my not like being blown up away by this signing is that I haven't been watching him because he hasn't been on a team that I watched very regularly, right, So, like I'm probably underrating him. But he put up this highlight and this is Jabbari. This is our tweet of the week. Tony Jones T Jones on the NBA responded to this highlight reel. Uh, these highlights are from the Obama administration and they are.
Speaker 1: Are we missing something there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Are we missing something with Eric Gordon?
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 3: Is he like the missing piece to the Suns?
Speaker 6: Eric Gordon is a solid NBA NBA veteran doesn't have you know, nearly any of the bounce that he had in a lot of those a lot of those highlights. No, you know, I don't want to take anything away from it because you know, it's fans being excited about their team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: But I do, But I do truly appreciate Tony Jones, you know, former guests in Fridle of the Show. I do appreciate him chiming in and you know, just for some context, just you know, just just for a bit of context. Because a lot of times, and I'm guilty of this as well, a lot of times we should probably pump the brakes a little bit in terms of our exuberance over you know, free agent signings, especially when they're vet minimum free agent signings.
Speaker 3: You know, what do we talk about Vanderbilt, the fact that you guys, did you resign Vanderbilt or I feel like I saw somewhere that Vanderbilt had left for for a moment, there was rumors that he was gone, and now he's back with the Lakers, and that's somebody I'm very excited for my favorite team in the West to have on on their roster because he's just that is like him locking down people in the playoffs, you know, like it didn't didn't work in every round, but when he was like that's such a specialized skill that like he's he's something I'd hang on to. That kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I haven't seen I haven't seen it be made official. But the last word that I saw on it was that he you know, he had agreed and would be back and more than anything with a guy like him, he's twenty four years old. You know, It's funny because as as NBA fans as observers, it's almost like we're more apt or more prone to think these guys are you know, finished products, you know when when we see him at you know, at this level. But give you know, give him another summer. We know, working with Phil Handy, working with that Lakers development staff, I'm excited to see, you know what a lot of these guys look like, you know, with another solid summer under their belt.
Speaker 3: Kawhi came in, he couldn't shoot. Then he's like, you know exactly money in the bank. It does seem to be a lot of the time. The Spurs are the are the ones who like completely transform a player into a shooter. But would love to see it for Vanderbilt because we'll see he's he was awesome, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He doesn't even need he doesn't even need to hit forty percent. Just get to like thirty five percent, thirty five or thirty eight, and.
Speaker 5: He's just to know he's a viable.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, thirty five, thirty eight, forty, you know, forty two forty Yeah, yeah, if he's leading the league in three point percentage like that would be really good and we'd love to see that. All right, break and come back and really put it to this young man Jabbari. Yeah, with questions intimidating enough, he's never going to see coming.
Speaker 1: Oh no, because watch, we're going to improvise this one right.
Speaker 3: Over this and we're back and Jabari, I see, I see you are not wearing a hat, So it seems like you knew what was coming. You didn't put a hat on because you didn't want it to spin around on your head.
Speaker 5: That's smart, that's smart.
Speaker 3: Guy's a promiles, guy's a vet. How are we? I don't know how we're gonna know.
Speaker 5: How to do this?
Speaker 1: You know, like he knows the show, and you know he's he he sometimes knows what we might ask.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I might write some of these questions, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe it's time to turn the tables and put him in the hot seat for once.
Speaker 3: Miles. I love the way your brain thinks.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Jabari, I hope you're ready because you're about to engage in the fastest question and answer segment in podcasting, except this time we don't even know what we're gonna ask. That means added chaos, and that means you really have to stay on your game to keep this segment going because we trust you as a foundational member of the Jack and Miles, Miles and Jack got mad Boosty's Crew. Brian, my good man, Please start the clock.
Speaker 3: He should be working because I'm sorry enough.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to I normally.
Speaker 3: Man, you didn't even scream.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, I.
Speaker 1: Can't because I'm having to shift my energy into come in with some really interesting questions. Jack, who goes first?
Speaker 3: You can go first, Miles Javari.
Speaker 1: You can place any former Laker great on next year's roster.
Speaker 3: WHOA, We're going there.
Speaker 1: Great are adding to the mix.
Speaker 5: Well being that we are a complete cancer.
Speaker 6: Oh, moving along, Moving along, Jack, not Jack Makobe, not any Nick van Exell. He never got Nick van x Liver got the ride he should have gotten. He's a great he was a great player and doesn't get the love he deserves.
Speaker 1: You brought me right back. Nick van Axel, one of my favorites, one of the best to wear the number nine jersey, in any sport, and I would say that even includes soccer, where there's stars like Ronaldo who wore number nine.
Speaker 3: U wait, is that you're not Was that your number in hockey?
Speaker 1: No? No, I wore twenty because I was a Luke Robotie fan. Yeah, but that's a that's another sport completely. Uh yeah, okay, I like that, Jack, What do you have to say about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Nick van Exel uh was terrified of Nick van Xl. He so when my dad coached the University of Dayton, they played Cincinnati every season and they were well below Cincinnati when it came to like, you know, talent level, and so I had my heart ripped out by Nick van Xl multiple times. Jack.
Speaker 6: I really appreciate this touching story about your you know, family history and lineage and whatnot.
Speaker 3: But mind it.
Speaker 1: Woo wow wow wow wow Jack. Next question?
Speaker 3: All right, Jabari, and you're not going to know what hit you after this one. Best NBA city to catch a game and go to meal in that city. I like that he's acting like he's taken off guard by these You like that.
Speaker 5: You like that? I can.
Speaker 3: Great question. Huh.
Speaker 6: I'm going to actually go with Las Vegas because I think that will be within the next five years. And you know what, go to something trash now. I'm not even gonna go with like some fancy something you know what. Yes, specifically here in Arizona now, and we don't have fat.
Speaker 3: Burger mm hmmm, a little fried egg on hair. Fraschberger, you're a wild man, Miles. You take it from here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, hold on, I'm concocting something really really scandalous. No, no, okay, if you could have the handle of any basketball player for one day playing pick up, whose skills are you taking?
Speaker 5: Alan iverson Alan Iris? Nobody else? I'm crossing. I'm a crossing m j up at the free throw line.
Speaker 1: Wow. I was gonna say, you can open it up to people who have not even played in the league. We can go, you know, even further out, like if you want to hit something, yeah, something hot playing in the league?
Speaker 3: Was it skipped?
Speaker 1: My looted?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well you know what, actually, can I be skipped? And can I transport back to I think it was the nine Playoffs when he hit Old Boy in the back of the head and made his head band spin a round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like the rapid fire round of questioning.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, and Jebian, you really should have kept that one moving. That was that was a decoy question, just to see if I could draw you out. And guess what you failed? You got Jack, You're next?
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, your honor. You can take one player from each conference to create your Mad Boosty's Edition NBA Jam team. Which two players are you taking? If you could have any players handle for a day, who's handle? And this time I mean their Twitter handle? Sorry we just didn't put a space between those.
Speaker 1: He did, ron Berg.
Speaker 6: If I'm creating that team, give me Wimby and give me Giannis and get the hell out of the way.
Speaker 3: Wowow, now what.
Speaker 1: Is it about those two?
Speaker 3: We haven't even seen Wemby play a. You know what I think I'm gonna do for this NBA con, I'm going to be the Wemby doubter. I'm gonna go in and just be like, we haven't even seen this kid play ball. I think did you see the highlights of him just like a real villain in the Wemby thing? You saw those highlights wen brick naw Bra to quote Brian like, just just go really hard.
Speaker 1: Because somebody like this guy's selling you a monorail. You don't even need it in your town. You're really buying it.
Speaker 6: There were those folks where it in to a much lesser degree. But there were those folks that were trying to do that. About Luca midway through his rookie season and still holding out, holding onto those tapes. That's a wild approach, wild approach.
Speaker 2: But you know what, while this guy stinks, O brother, this guy thinks, Jamari. Final question, if you could have any players handle Fred Jackson, Jacker, Miles.
Speaker 3: Man to get out of this one.
Speaker 1: Hurry up, hurry up.
Speaker 5: John pays the checks.
Speaker 3: John pays the checks. Wow, he even used my nickname that I don't usually let people call me, John Sham John John plays John the checks.
Speaker 4: Oh, Brian, I actually said Sean, oh Sean, Yeah, all right, all right, all right, giving up to our Lord, the giver of wages as it rains down on us.
Speaker 1: Jabari, thank you so much for joining us on this show that you know so very well, called Miles and Jackot, Matt Booti's where can people find you?
Speaker 6: It was my honor, my honor and your pleasure. Find me on Twitter and Blue Sky. Jabori Davis, NBA.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the Blue Skuy invite. By the way, I tried to join off your invite and it was like things were so bad at Twitter that Blue Sky was not accepting any new applicants at that moment.
Speaker 1: They are bad.
Speaker 3: Uh sorry, we got a lot going on right now. It should work this week, so yeah, all right, we'll make sure you give us a follow on for me just at Twitter for now at Jack Underscore O'Brien.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm at miles of grade g R A Y. And again, if you're in Las Vegas and you're gonna be at NBA con guess what, so will we so stop by say hi. We promise we won't be so nervous when you come up to us because we have so many fans are very used to it.
Speaker 3: Very yeah, we're very used to it. Just like very gracious and I won't ask you like wait, so like what do you like about the show? So wait me wait, And then you start warning a bottle behind me three times when you just.
Speaker 1: Start emptying a bottle of water in front of them on the floor, like what's he doing? He's like, I don't know if I've never interacted with anyone before anyway, come find us. We'd love to see you, and well guess what, the next time we'll give you an update from the things we saw at NBA Con and many other things as well.
Speaker 2: Next time, all right, see that bye, he said,