Speaker 1: All right, thanks scotch Han An Hour two Sean Hannity Show. Here's our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the programs eight hundred and ninety four one Sean if you want to join us. Obviously, the government shut down is now front and center. The big lie has been exposed, and that is the Democrats. Oh no, we don't want to fund health care for illegal immigrants. They've all been lying. They know they've been lying. We've gone over it exhaustively on the program. The fact that the leaders in name only Chucky Schumer in the House and Hakeem Jeffries I'm sorry, Chucky Schumer in the Senate, Hakiem Jeffries in the House are so beholden to the radical left of their party they are afraid, scared to death to ever take them on and do the right thing or stand by their very publicly stated positions. In the case of Schumer, that's gone on for decades, So the Schumer shut down continues. I can't think of any person better to talk of this and much more is our friend Louisiana Senator John Kennedy. By the way, he has a new book out next week. This book is hilarious. You're gonna love this book. He's probably one of the funniest guys I've ever met. And it's how to test negative for stupid. You know, always be yourself unless you suck. I say this gently. This is why the aliens won't talk to us. If you trust government, you obviously failed history class. I believe that our country was founded by geniuses, but it's being run by idiots. Always follow your heart, but take your brain with you. And I'm going to go through some more in a minute. But our friend, Senator John Kennedy is with us. Senator, how are you, my friend?
Speaker 2: I'm well, Sean. Thanks for missing my book. It'll be out tuesday. It's it's not a policy book, per se. It's a story book, and I talk about policy through the stories. Many of them are funny, some of bizare and all of them are true.
Speaker 1: And that's the best part.
Speaker 2: Look, the meta drama continues on the shut down. I think it was Mama Gump who said stupid is as stupid does. This has also pointless. We have asked where the Republicans have asked to extend the status quo the current budget for seven more weeks. So we can continue to talk about a permanent no strings attached, no conditions, just give us seven more weeks to continue to negotiate.
Speaker 1: And it's called a cr and that it is you fund the government at current levels. And Democrats, you know, for years, have always pushed that and now and tried to blame Republicans, and now their demanding one point five trillion, including moneys for health care for illegals, for a seven week extension.
Speaker 2: In return for them agree to just to our at request, we just extend the status quote status quo for seven weeks. They are demanding that we agree to make the federal government one point five trillion dollars. Figure, give them one point five trillion dollars. Now, I'm not going to vote for that. My mother didn't raise the food and if she did, it was one of my brothers. There's no way if they cut it in half, I wouldn't vote for that. Uh. They're just not serious, and we're going to sit here until until they come to their census. I don't want it. But in the meantime, President Trump and rust Vote are just going to continue to reduce the size of government.
Speaker 1: Senator I could play every prominent Democrat. But more importantly, the person I can play the most over the years, you know, speaking out so passionately against government shutdowns, is the minority leader from New York, Chucky Schumer. And I think there's a very logical reason why Chuck Schumer has turned on a dime. I think Chuck Schumer sees that his political grip on power is evaporating, and if he doesn't give into this radical wing of his party, your friend AOC and others that he is going to be out. And he's likely going to be out as leader of the Democrats anyway. But if she runs against him, she's going to clopper him in New York.
Speaker 2: Well, some shutdowns are policy based. This is not one of them. This is based on politics. The loon wang, the Bolshevik wing, moss wing, the socialist wing, whatever you want to call it of the Republican Party is an ascendency. They're now in charge, Chuck. Senator Schumer wants them to love him, are at least like him. They don't, and they never will. And the person really in charge is congress forman Oko Cortes. She's about to elect a safe socialist mayor of New York mister mom, Donnie's going to win that race, and her wing of the party is clearly calling the shots. And all Chuck's doing is trying to make them love him, and they will never love him unless he just does everything they want.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's kind of you know, I love having you on both radio and TV because and I don't know if you plan out a lot of the comments that you make, but you you have this this folks, the Louisiana down home way of just kind of laying people out with simple, basic, fundamental truth. And as Ben Franklin once said, the sting in any rebuke is the truth. And you seem to get under the skin pretty well, but you expose the truth. And that's a big part of your book. I mean, if you trust government, you failed history class. I love it. I believe our country was founded by geniuses, but it's being run by idiots. I mean, you put all of this in a book and it's not fiction. This is real life. Explain the daily experiences that you have there.
Speaker 2: The book is called Hali Test negative for stupid. It shows that ender is mighty weapon. I do say what. I think that's my right as in America, I don't get nearly enough credit shown for the things I don't say. I do buite my tongue sometimes, but I hope if you know what, I want to know what the Senate is ruling on on the inside. If you know what, I want to know what President Trump is really like to work with President Biden, Chuck Grassley, Bernie Sanders, President she I talk about my meeting with President c in China. I hope you'll take a look at the book How to Test Negative for Stupid. It comes out Tuesday. Hopefully we'll be out of the shutdown then. But I'm not going to give in. I don't care what the others do. I'm just like a Missouri mule on this. I'm sitting my butt down in the mud and I'm not budgeting. If the Democrats want to come to their senses, they can. If they don't, then I'm happy as a clam at high tide. They can just keep this thing shut down.
Speaker 1: Let me talk a little bit. I've never asked you this question, and I find you fascinating because you come on the program and I asked you one time. I said, is this all? Is this all extemporaneous? So do you think these things out ahead of time, like comments that you make and comments now that you put in your book How to Test Negative or Stupid. And by the way, it's on Amazon dot com, Hannity dot com as of Tuesday, and bookstores all around the country. Does this come out in the moment? Is this extemporaneus or do you spend a lot of time thinking about it?
Speaker 2: Five minutes before an interview, I stopped, and I really start thinking about how I'm going to answer the questions, whatever they mighty like they may I might be. Look, I wrote this book at my dining room table with a handheld its phone in al a blue pant And this is the way I talk in public and the way I talk in private. This is the way I think. Writing is painful for me, but God blessed me with a good memory, and when I read a clever turn of phrase, I will remember it. I don't know why that's way. He's the good Lord made. And I don't have a joke writer. I don't have anybody who writes my speeches, so I can't blame the stuff on anybody else.
Speaker 1: It is what name I'd want all the credit in the world. I wish my brain worked like yours. I love it.
Speaker 2: Well. Not everybody agrees with Sean on the social media, he said, Kennedy, I hate you. You remind me of my second wife. I thought that was.
Speaker 1: I thought, let me go over a couple of more of your sayings.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: You said, always follow your heart, but take your brain with you. I'm not going to bubble wrap it. The water in Washington, DC won't clear up until you get the pigs out of the creek. I have the right to remain silent, but not the ability. Common sense is illegal in Washington, d C. I know, I've seen it firsthand. I'll get one more. I believe that we're going to have. You know, we're going to get some new conc inspiracy theories. All the old ones have turned out to be true. Wow, very funny.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you a fifteen second story. I almost got the sent to reform school. One time I was asked about to compare Schumer and McConnell, and I said, here's what you need to know. They have a lot in common. Each are smart, each is tenacious, and each could probably lose his place during sex to reform school with that one.
Speaker 1: You know, this is what makes you special in the unique you know, usually in the upper Chamber, most senators don't have the courage to speak their mind. I do have a question, though, can you talk to your Democratic colleagues? What are those conversations like? I mean, are there's some that you get along with, some that you have fun with, some that you go out to dinner with, some that you argue with. I mean, what are those relationships?
Speaker 2: Like I get along with all of them, probably maybe a third of them, where their politics on the sleeve. In words, they're just self righteous. They know they're right, and they're angry to varying degrees if you don't agree with them. Another of them, another group you know they're willing to missen. And then you've got another group to say they're willing to listen. But they're going to do it they're told and right now what they're told to do is being dictated by the socialist wing of the party.
Speaker 1: They're scared, they really are, you sense they're scared. Quick freak right back more with our favorite senator from Louisiana, John Kennedy, is with us Harby continue Senator John Kennedy of the Great State of Louisiana. Here's a new book out. It's called How to Test Negative for Stupid Anyways on Hannity dot com, Amazon dot com. It'll be in bookstores all around the country on Tuesday. You want to get a copy. It's a great book. It's funny. You're gonna laugh and you're gonna ask you So, why didn't I think of that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Do Democrats realize this is going going very badly for them, that there's a backlash against this Schumer shutdown?
Speaker 2: Oh, they do know. But but as long as their base is satisfied for the moment, and by the base, I mean the socialist wing of the party, they feel like they can take the pain to hell with the country and the American people. I mean, I'm sorry, that's what this is all about. It's not about policy, and they're going to destroy I believe in the two party system. They're going to destroy the Democratic Party if someone doesn't stand up to these folks and say, all of you people on the left who took a hard left and kept driving, you folks are crazy as a bid bug, and we're not going to follow you anymore.
Speaker 1: The only one that seems to be willing to do that is John Fetterman, and a poll came out today that shows Democrats in Pennsylvania don't like them, like sixty percent against them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you look at Fetterman's poll numbers overall, with.
Speaker 1: All the voters he's got, that's true.
Speaker 2: It's approval rating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're right. But Democrats, you know, they seem to be embracing crazy. I mean, look at Zoron Kami, Marxist Mundani. It looks like he's gonna win.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, did you ever think that we would elect a mayor of New York City, which has the largest Jewish population in the United States, one of the largest in the world, who who does not like Jewish people? He sided with Hamas and.
Speaker 1: The global Enta fight. I wouldn't condemn it forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm like, you know, I'm like, gosh, what has happened to our country? What's happened in New York City? But it's true, and that's what's that's what's driving this training shot.
Speaker 1: Well, I got to tell you, it's been a pleasure to get to know you. The book is phenomenal. I'm telling you, you're gonna laugh. You're gonna wish you thought of everything that he wrote in this book. It's called How to Test Negative for Stupid. We have a link on Hannity dot com. It's on Amazon dot com as of Tuesday, is going to be in bookstores all around the country. The one and only Senator John Kennedy from the great State of Louisiana. Senator, we appreciate you, thanks for fighting the good fight every day, and good luck with the book. We appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sean, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: By twenty five now till the top of the hour, eight hundred and nine four one, Shawn, if you want to be a part of the program, you know, thanks to your generosity and you're caring the Tunnel to Towers Foundation, you can partner with us and them and you can honor the courage the sacrifices of our nation's greatest heroes. That means heroes like United States Army Lieutenant Colonel Christy Rae Bitz. Now Christy served our country with unwavering dedication. She did so for twenty years as a combat nurse. He provided life saving care to wounded soldiers and voting serving at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center during the height of the Global War on terrorism. Now. Christie is also a devoted wife, mother, mentor whose life was rooted in compassion, integrity, helping others. After six years of courageously battling service related cancer, sadly, Christie's life was tragically cut short. He leaves behind her husband, their two children. And because of your generosity and you're carrying, Tunnel to Towers honored Christie's service and her sacrifice by paying off the mortgage on the family home. And we can all help more families like the Christie's if everyone commits to eleven dollars a month, this great work continues, and there's so many people that are in need, you know, please go to their website the letter T the number two, the LETTERT dot org. The letter T the number two, the letter T dot org for the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. All right, let's get to our busy, busy telephones, shall we. Let's say hi to Karen is in Nashville, Tennessee Music City. What's up, Karen? How are you hello?
Speaker 3: Sean. I'm doing well, second second generation listener here and Tennessee Conservatives, and I was hoping you could clarify some things for me regarding the healthcare marketplace and some concerns I have.
Speaker 1: You bet, I'm glad to I love our friends in that. Nashville is a cool city. Do you go to Music Row much or no?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: Well, it's a crazy place down there, and I think the locals find themselves down there more often when visitors are in town, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you got to take you know, when your friends come, Oh, let's go to music Row. Let's go to Music Row. It's sort of like if you live in Orlando, let's go to Disney. You want to you want to shoot yourself exactly.
Speaker 3: And nash is such a great place as a killer town. We've got so much going on here that you know, Broadway is just a part of it.
Speaker 4: So for us locals, there's.
Speaker 3: A lot of other good things to do and see, so just a percentage of the good stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I love it in Nashville. I lived ninety miles south of you in Huntsville, Alabama. Actually it was Athens, Alabama, just down Highway sixty five, and used to go up to Nashville, gay Lord all the time. I actually once even got to host the Grand Old Opry. How cool is that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wonderful? Yeah, I've heard you and your show mentioned that in the past. Of course, you know, Huntsville is quite a city now up and coming now as well, especially with the NASA stuff, more stuff heading there and whatnot. But yeah, you definitely were here at a different day and age. But to have that opportunity is a wonderful thing. So tudos to you on that.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. So what's on your mind today this Friday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so bear with me them from kind of and you're on this. My time to take an information and discern what's going on in the world is usually a much hour traffic listening to Falk radio, you know, coming back and forth to work. So if I misrepresent information, you know, you will certainly not offend my sensibilities clarifying some things for me, But I just want to I don't mind.
Speaker 1: By the way, I want to add one thing. It was a great friend of mine who's a talk show host, Bill Valentine, who I missed dearly, and I do stay in touch with his brother and get updates on his family. He was a great guy. I don't know if you remember Phil.
Speaker 3: I remember him well and that was quite a tragedy, but yes I do.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I didn't mean to interrupt, go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, no worries so quickly, briefly, I know you've got plenty of other callers. My scenario is twenty twenty. I had a business to twenty years. Unfortunately I had to make the tough decision to close the door, sold off what I could, and moved on to bigger, better things in my life. And at that time, I found myself without health insurance for myself and my two children, single parent, So I found myself on the marketplace and not knowing what was what I you know, just put my head down and eat through it. And it turned out to be, I hate to say, a good experience. I saved considerable amount of money on what I was accustomed to paying monthly, and I loved the leverage I had and getting onto it, I thought seemed like a simple platform and my collective experience. Get on there and identify, you know, what plans are best suited to my children and what our needs are so we can refine. You know what I'm shopping for and ultimately get the best the best health insurance or health care for my children. And I had the best cost and it felt like I had a little leverage over health insurance that I don't normally have, you know, a mother experience through business vicariously or through an employer. So got on then and understood how how the program was intended to work. And until I kind of got on my feet and moved forward, I had tax credits, and then as my salary would increase, respectfully, those tax credits would decrease, which certainly sounds more than fair. And then ultimately, you know, you can phase out of that. So as time has gone by, I was blessed to get a job with a previous customer of mine that have been with them for four years. Now, as my salary has grown, I've seen the corresponding tax credits decrease, which is great, all good, on board with that. And then now kind of on the cusp where I really necessarily like this last year, I actually contributed more above and beyond my tax and sent more moneys in the for the disparity and making up tax credits that because my earns were increased. So my findings so far have been wonderful. The business I'm with, the small business i'm with, I guess that's an important thing to signify small business, as we all know, it's much more difficult to acquire, you know, price breaks. You know at all smaller company is a larger company. But for me and my children, if I went through viciously to the company, my couts was I mean significant, almost eighty percent higher. So if the health place marketplace goes away, you know, obviously I have some severe concerns. I've tried to educate myself a little bit lately on this and reading what I could, and I've saw that people that are making the income I'm making on the platform, if this goes away, you know, our policies will about one hundred and four percent, it says, our equivalent of around seventy five eleven five hundred a year. So you know, the single parent that's concerning right So.
Speaker 1: You know what's frustrating to me because you're describing a dilemma that many, many people listening to us right now are going through. And like you, I went through a long period of my early adult life I didn't have health insurance. I couldn't afford health insurance. It was not a priority of my life. There are so many new innovative, creative ways that people can get covered and do it way more cheaply, like We have our friend doctor Josh umber At was MD. It's now national and you know, and that's a healthcare cooperative. And when he started this in Wichita, you paid fifty bucks a month unlimited appointments with doctors. They took care of everything except major issues like cancer, heart attack, stroke, things like that. Although they would start, you know, if you went into the office, they would offer emergency care immediately, unlimited visits. Fifty bucks for an adult, ten bucks for a kid per month. That's how they started. And then you'd leave. He would negotiate with pharmaceutical companies and you'd pay ninety ninety five percent less than others, and it was just brilliant. Now he incorporates telemedicine in this, then we that's all. You have health care cooperatives, you have telemedicine. Then if you if you have a plan like that that takes care to your of your day to day needs, where you know they'll do stitches, they'll take care of broken arms. You know, you get X rays if you need it, whatever it is. And then you get a catastrophic plan, which is relatively inexpensive. The higher the deductible the better in the for the god forbid moment, cancer, heart attack, stroke, bad accident that is relatively inexpensive. Relatively I'm not saying anything's cheap today, but you could do so much better. There are so many better ways, innovative ways, and we're not used in technology yet to innovate our healthcare system and save a fortune. And it sounds like you did that on your own before it was fashionable. Good for you.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate you saying that, and I appreciate you, you know, referencing some other ways that possibly some other pursuits or avenues of address I can take. I think that's one thing you know when you're when you're working fifty sixty hour weeks and you know life. We all have busy days, right, So I think it was the attraction, probably of the convenience of it. For me, it was all one user friendly place. I wasn't having to do the legwork and track this information down and find it. Not opposed to it at all. And I'm not saying after this conversation it's not going to be something I think I am interested in now. Certainly, it'll seek the alternatives and see what is best for my children and I. The one thing I did want to ask you though it's too old question and I'll get out of your hair. I appreciate your time when I do have an opportunity to watch the news or whatnot. You know, I see that my fellow Republicans are you know, you know, kind of packaging this as it's all, you know, all encompassed by the use of undocumented illegals using as a conduit to health insurance or healthcare rat and I now understand it really is more pertaining too that one line item where the Medicaid benefit, you know, van versus hospitals for emergency visions. And I totally agree with the Republicans on on our use of taxpayer money. I do not agree it should go to illegal undocumented illegals, So I'm not proposing that at all. But what frustrates me is is our inability to effectively work together so that we don't dismantle a program that was serving twenty four million Americans. From what I understand, somewhat effectively, it's kind of like cut your nose off despite your face, so that we can eliminate illegal use of this. I would think is as sophisticated as we are today that we could develop some type of platform that eliminates that type of you know, illegal use of the platform. If it is just even this medicare, do you think they'll be able to isolate the medicare aspect of it from the rest and possibly keep what we have moving forward, or maybe take it and improve upon it and take it as our own and put our own stamp of approval on it.
Speaker 1: Look, I think that we're going to work through this. But the one thing we cannot afford is what the Democrats are demanding here. I mean, they're trying to hold the country hostage to give people that didn't respect our laws, borders and sovereignty access to taxpayer funded healthcare. We can't afford it. I mean, I'd like to be able to pay for health care for the whole world, but we can't. You know, everybody has the responsibility in this, and you know the fact that they are willing to push it this far is pretty amazing, because again it's another eighty twenty ninety ten issue. Anyway, I gotta run, Karen, appreciate you calling Nashville. God bless you, and eight hundred ninety four one Shawn is a number if you want to be a part of the program. All right, let's get back to our busy phones. Eight hundred nine four one, Sean our number. We check out the Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and Steve is there. Steve, I need to warn you, Linda is a neighbor of yours. You just don't know it. Be careful if you go to school board meetings, she may show up.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. It's a real privilege to speak with you, Sean, and appreciate you giving me the opportunity.
Speaker 1: What's going on. It's my pleasure.
Speaker 4: Calling in regard to the accountability of the Iowa school Board. I'm a general contractor and we do a lot of work in schools all the time, and the state law here in Pa requires that we submit three separate background checks to be approved by the school prior to us stepping foot on the school grounds. It's a state police criminal background check, a child abuse background check, and a federal background check which includes requiring fingerprinting. So not only for US contractors, but any subcontractor we hire, any volunteers that show up to the school, or even the applications that are sitting to the school. Almost submit these clearances, and I don't know what the laws are in Iowa, but I can't believe that the board would have a person for such a prestigious position, would hire a person without doing their due diligence. I mean, do you think this is just grossing competence or willful negligence?
Speaker 1: Probably a combination. I mean, it's unbelievable to me, you know, and you know, this person even fords their credentials. You know, the idea that this person had this background and they didn't catch it. It's unforgivable to me. Somebody's got to be held accountable for this. It's really unreal.
Speaker 4: I don't know why they're not looking at you know, I don't know if they can bring charges against the school board, or why they would keep their positions as well. I mean, we're talking about the you know, the safety of our kids. You know, we as parents, we put our trust in these individuals to do their job and protect our children, and you know, some of these school districts you just can't can't count on them to do that, To put the interest of your child ahead of their.
Speaker 1: Own, it's pretty remarkable, just like you know, the idea that you have so many state governments, you know, Tim walls and California gender affirming care without parental consent. What they think they know better than we parents. They don't believe in parental rights. They think they're smarter than us. It's so frustrating, but I can tell you that you know, as a parent, you've got to be involved in every aspect of your kid's life. You got to pay at tention. I probably didn't pay as much attention as I should have. Well, my kids were younger and h but thankfully, you know, they turned out okay. All right, my friend, appreciate you. Eight hundred nine four one Seawan. Have a great weekend if you want to be a part of the program.