Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The third pillar around making sure that we are expediting the export of our American AI stack. That is really core to our mission at Armada.
Speaker 3: Well, what I really like about the AI Action Plan is I actually believe it's quite actionable.
Speaker 2: That's just what a few of the AI leaders had to say yesterday in Washington about President Trump's AI Action Plan here with more in the administration's AI rollout is one of the people that helped formulate write that policy in that document, Shariram Krishnan, Whitehouse Senior Policy Advisor for AI, to get here in person in Washington, d C. There was a point towards the end of that that sequence of comments about exporting the American technology stack, exporting chips in particular. Your colleagues in the cabinet, mister Lutnick, for example, talked about this at length on stage. Are we going to get a sets of rules and how will we decide the volume and specificity of the types of chips that we can sell, particularly into China?
Speaker 1: Thank you Ed for having me here. I think we're going to work on that. I think if you look at the executive order that President Trump signed, which is about America setting the standard. What you're going to see is we're going to work closely with our friends in commerce, especially in BIS, and what we're going to figure out is what those police are going to be. But the metapoint here is President Trump said was very clear, we need America to set the standard for how AI is being used globally, from chips to models, to every part of the stack. And what we've seen over the last six months, be it with Huawei on the chip side, or be it with models like deep Seak, we have competition, and yesterday's plan sets a very clear note that we need to be making sure that our standards exist worldwide.
Speaker 2: I read all twenty three pages as many times as I could think twenty three on the version I have, but we can agree to disagree. There's a heavy emphasis on deregulation and permitting that we get for the onshoring component for exporting American AI. What is it tangibly What action will be taken to open that up, be it on the software end or the hardware end of the stack.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if you prison. Trump signed three executive orders yesterday, and one of them deals exactly with this and what we're going to do is we're going to work with industry to come up with a gold standard for what the American stack should be. And there's going to be a process and how we figured this out, and then we're going to try and make sure that when we work with our partners and our allied countries that they are using our stack instead of the competitions.
Speaker 3: For many would look at the four point two trillion dollar market capitalization of Nvidia and wonder doesn't need any more help in exporting its tech stack right now. How much more support does an AMD or an Nvidia need.
Speaker 1: You think, Well, the way we look at it is we want America to win. We want American GPUs and American models to be used. And Nvidia and AMD happened to be great American companies along with many many others, and so our job is to create the playing field where company where Jensen or I saw doctor Lisa Sue earlier can go sell their products worldwide.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that team, because there were some absences. Let's say it we would think that Intel would be a company about some report on its earnings that would be integral to manufacturing here in the US. GSMC from abroad coming in and putting money to work here in the United States as well. What do we interpret by those who weren't in the room.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I would read too much into that. I think if you look at yesterday's event, it was amazingly well attended. We had industry leaders from across the stack, from the semi conductor space to energy, to AI models to AI applications, and as you said, like you know, we really want American some my conductor industry to win, and you saw today's event being extremely well represented.
Speaker 2: When it came to that, you have advised the president and collectively as a group, looked at policy. But there was a moment that we have to address yesterday where the President, after making various people stand up, said that he had looked at breaking up in video, but then came to understand how crucial they were to the American technology stack and that his aid so basically said to him, Jensen's great. Can I ask you, did you ever discuss with the president the idea of breaking up in video and why that was included in his speech?
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't in the meeting with the president, but I think what the President was referring to, is that Nvidia has just done a phenomenal job in building products and applications and GPUs that the world is using, and that they're so ahead of the curve. So if you listen to the second lot of what the President said, he talked about how it's going to take several years for people to catch up with them. And I think that's kind of one of the pieces that's put America in this pole position when it comes to the GPU, is that everybody in the world wants to get access.
Speaker 2: To We appreciate the clarity issue round open source, very prominent, very high up in the AI Action Plan. Why that's something you're particularly focused on as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, And this is an issue near and dear to my heart. And this is something which I think the Biden administration got totally wrong, where they tried to basically scare people about open source. We believe that open source is the integral part of innovation, of how academic research is done, how you get little tech to innovate quickly and be on a level playing field. And we think America should win. And you know, the first day when I took this job, we had Deep Sea come out and really, you know, send a signal that America wasn't actually leading in open source at the time, and we believe that needs we rectified. And that's why in the action plan we send a very strong signal that open source or open weights America is going to have a leadership position.
Speaker 3: Another thing near in dat to your heart is pro wrestling, and it feels like we're in a wrestling match between China and the US, and I'm really interested as to how you navigate the rules of that wrestling match. For example, China gives US rare earth metal access in return, we give them some H twenties. But how does Vialion navigate if China stops and chokes that will they have to be limited in H twenty How do they get certainty in this environment?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, if you're talking pro wrestling, let's speak clear. We have the face, we have the baby face who's going to ultimately go over for all of you pro wrestling fans. But look, you know, the way we think about it is we want the American tech stack to win. One of the metrics I talk about is every token that is inferenced worldwide, we want it to be on an American GPU or using an American model, how many our Quaterllion tokens there are, And when it comes to the head twenty, I think the way we think about it is we would much rather have Nvideo or AMD be the GPU of choice rather using Huawei or somebody else's. And that's how we.
Speaker 3: See it in video is a babyface as a fan favorite.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Sharam krish Nan has been great having time with you. Thank you, White House Senior Policy Advisor for AI