Speaker 1: Any trip to Hi. Understand that jem to center field and it's gone, Wow.
Speaker 2: His first big league swing is gonna be a grand slam, the home line swing.
Speaker 1: Good time to look to the shop. Welcome back to The Call Up, your go to podcast on the future stars of Major League Baseball. You got arm Late and Jack McMullen today, and this is actually the final Top one hundred themed episode here on the Call Up. Of course, you can follow along with the link to the article in the description here, and we're probably a month and change away from updating it again, so I'm excited to do that, and that'll include all the new draftees. But today's episode, we are taught talking about the top one hundred prospects by team, and we'll expand a little bit with each of these teams about just the overall state of their farm system a bit, but the big focus here is which teams have the most Top one hundred prospects and you know how this kind of happened, the trends for those farm systems, and it's going to be fun to dive into because some of the farm systems are the same that you expect to continue to have a ton of top one hundred guys. But there's some other farm systems that I think are up and coming here and I think are jump starting right now, and it's exemplified through this Top one hundred update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a good example of which to bony ball right, Like the Washington Nationals all of a sudden have five top one hundred prospects. We'll talk about Washington, and we're going to kind of go team by team and just talk about state and health of the farm system and state and health of the organization.
Speaker 3: So it'll be a.
Speaker 2: Good kind of team wide focused conversation instead of, oh, this guy's ground ball rate is up on the hill, which is a sign of good things to come. It's more overall organizational health. These organizations are in a good position moving forward because of what they have in the farm system. I want to like rinse the bad right away. There is one team with zero top one hundred prospects on the update, and then we'll get to the team with seven, and then we'll get to the team with six. But the only team in baseball with zero prospects on Just Baseball's Top one hundred update is the Houston Astros. They don't have a top one hundred prospect. There are some guys in that organization that could flirt with the top one hundred at some point soon. But if that tells you that Houston needs to be selling at the deadline, I think I agree with you. They need to bolster this farm system in some form or fashion. Jordan Alvarez can do that, Jeremy Panya can do that. There are a couple other guys that could possibly do that. But having a big fat zero on the top one hundred list is really tough.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting because they apparently aren't going to trade Jordon. We just broke out. Jeff Patt broke down Jeff Passen and Kylie McDaniel's article on ESPN giving you kind of a primer probabilities for the trade deadline, and Jeremy Pania was at about thirty percent as well. Maybe that changes, you know, as the Astros maybe fade a little bit more, or the al wild card picture becomes a little bit less crappy and they get kind of squeezed out. But I thought that was surprising because Panya, with a year and a half in control as a shortstop, could really bring in a hall here for the Astros. And a franchise altering or like at least pharm system altering Hall here that could help them. I'm sure they'll still try to sell off some other rental pieces where they can, but that's something that I really think they need to kind of look back at and say, I understand that we have an expiring exec and Dana Brown and some other moving parts, and we always are in the mode of competing. But I think you can, okay, keep yourd on that makes sense. Maybe move the shortstop there in Pania if you're not going to extend him who's now repped by Boris, and get a haul. It is better than it was last year, right. Xavier Nians looks like a solid pick. He's gonna need to, you know, prove that he's not going to swing and miss too much. But that's a guy that we liked out of the draft. Super patient, huge raw power, and he's doing pretty well through his pro debut. Kevin Alvarez looks like he can be an exciting player. I think he's you know, blossoming a little bit more in low way. And Walker Yanick like he's not having a great year offensively at all, but he was hurt to start the year. This is still a guy that I'd bet a lot of money, you know, carving out a pretty decent big league career as a catcher with the glove alone. There's just not there's not a ton of depth, there's not a ton of pitching, and ultimately they just need more talent just to be injected into this system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they can take just ten percent of what Milwaukee has going right now in the farm system, that would be awesome. And that takes us too, the most well represented organization in baseball. On Just Baseball's Top one hundred update, the Milwaukee Brewers have seven top one hundred prospects on the update. Heyzus Miday is the top prospect in all of baseball. Luis Panna, another middle infielder in Hia right now, is number sixteen, and Logan Henderson the big leaguer, he is number twenty nine. He's on the shelf right now. Jet Williams, acquired from the Mets this past offseason, is thirty seven. Luis Laura recently extended, He's number forty two. Jefferson Carol been hurt for a long while, but he's still on it. Eighty one, and then Cooper Pratt. The extended and recently debuted short stup sits at number ninety. For you, we were talking about the Brewers. It felt like every episode through the first month and a half of the minor league season this year. But I'll stand by this. This is as loaded a system as Baltimore a couple of years ago when Holiday and it seemed like Gunner and Westburg all still had eligibility. This is the best system in baseball by a country mile.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, we're not including Andrew Fisher, who just might mash his way into the next update. He was a guy that just missed because we had concerns about the contact rate as a college bat at HIGA. You know, if that contact rates at sixty one sixty two percent as a college bat at HIA, and if you are slugging as much as anybody in minor league baseball, it's tough to get you into the top one hundred. It's still at sixty one percent. But he's already homewred in his first game at Double A, So I mean, Fisher still looks like a guy that could absolutely, you know, be a top one hundred type of prospects. Marco dingis as an eight hundred OPS. They're catching prospects at high A, and this is another just huge upside guy. He moves the bad as quickly as anybody in the farm system. Luke Adams has really been performing. We just talked about him on the heat sheet. Braylan Pain was another just miss guy because he has maybe as electrifying of a power speed ceiling as any player in minor league baseball at seventy speed and he's sitting home runs or hitting balls already a hundred fifteen miles per hour. Tyson Harden has been one of the more dominant pitchers over the last month and change. He looks like and I've seen some other outlets have him as a top one hundred prospects like this is nuts. And I'm notn't even mentioned Bishop Letson, who's starting to settle in and looks like a solid arm for them as well. I mean, and also josh Adam Schaffski, who has in one thousand ops this year and just got promoted up to Double A. This is insanity. I don't think we've ever really seen a system this good. Also, Brady Ebel, by the way, their first round pick is settling in he looks like a really solid player. He's still just eighteen years old. And I could go on and on. This is far and away the best farm system in baseball. We said it two years ago, and I think there was some pushback then, and now it's just there's no denying it, and it's gonna be good for a long time. They've got the layers of talent or they're not going anywhere. And depending on how things time up, there's a world where in the next update they could have ten that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Like if one team reminder there are thirty covers ten percent of the top one hundred, that would be absolutely freaking insane. The only system that comes close in terms of sheer number at top one hundred prospects is the LA Dodgers. You've got the Dodgers at six top one hundred prospects on the top one hundred update. Highest rank Guy Mike Serota at number fourteen, host Way Topolo. The other outfielder at number eighteen, Eduardo Kintaro, another outfielder at thirty six. Another outfielders I your hope is at forty River Ryan long been hurt twenty seven years old. Definitely the oldest top one hunderd prospect you've ever ranked. He's at forty one. And then Charles Davilan, a guy that was a recent draftee. He's at number sixty seven. So not only are there six top one hundred guys, there are six guys in the top seventy for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to just vent out a little bit here, because maybe the most exhausting thing when it comes to the Dodgers discourse is that, oh like the of course another outlet that's just you know, propping up all these Dodgers prospects, Like it's there's so much just like confirmation bias there, whatever you want to call it. First of all, could not care less if they're a Dodgers prospect or not. I can't make that clear enough. The second thing is what would we gain by pumping Dodgers prospects more? We don't get more clicks for it. I think Dodgers fans at this point like they're pretty happy with the big league team. I don't think they care if we pump twenty seven year old River Ryan, which the other and I've already made the River Ryan case. He would be in the rotation on almost any other team in Major League Baseball, and he's at worst a Major League four. His stuff is crazy. I think the big reason why we're not seeing him consistently rolled out there is that there's a plan and they want him available later in the year because this is a guy that I really do think they believe can make an impact for them. It's two comfortably plus pitches and it's four above average big league offerings with command that has continued to come along. And I always say this back to when people say, oh, look the Dodgers are getting a pump, which was in the response, is you know when we put out this graphic, who would you leave off post way to Paula has been one of the best hitters in Minor league baseball this year in Double A as what a twenty one year old A young twenty one year old, he is a nine to ninety four oh ps Zayre Hope has really started to hit his stride and also just has some of the best batspeed in the minor leagues. He's at an eight eighteen ops as a twenty one year old in Double A. Eduardo Kintaro is a plus defensive center fielder who is twenty years old and really starting to hit his stride now at a HIGA and put up a nine to twenty three ops last year between Low A and Hi A. Mike Serota has gotten on base in fifty three fifty four consecutive games, can stick in center field, and has some of the best exit velocities in minor league baseball. By the way, he has in one thousand and forty three ops between Hya and Double A. Just talked about River Ryan, who's a guaranteed big league starter, and then Charles Davilon. This has been one of the more solid solid bats in the minor leagues. Ninety one percent zone contact rate, eighty three percent overall contact rate, a twenty percent chase and an eighty nine mile per hour average EGX of velocity with strong airpool numbers and a fifteen degree average launch angle. So you have a plus bat to ball guy who actually is given you average exit velocities and ideal angles. That's to be a guy that's going to play quite well at the highest level. I just I will bet on that any day of the week. And then he does all the little things really really well, and we didn't even like other outlets have Christians Asueta, who just tossed five perfect the other day in their top one hundred. Others have Emeil Morales in there as well, and I wouldn't blame them, but I think it's absolutely insane that the narrative that gets pushed at like Dodger's prospects get pumped up here, because again, you go through each of these players, they are all performing at an extremely high level or have extremely high upside, and I think for all of them it's it's kind of both. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also wouldn't blame an outlet for having James Tibbs or pushing him into the top one hundred right now. He's hitting three hundred to the ten to fifteen ops and twenty homers in sixty nine games in Triple A.
Speaker 3: Mind you, it's just that route.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe it's just amazing what they have. And frankly, like you're looking at an outfield surplus, I'm sitting here scratching my head. Why the hell did they pay Kyle Tucker? Did they give Kyle Tucker this? It's because they want to win three in a row. I totally understand that, but they're on the hook for three more years after this, and it's weird to say you're on the hook for Kyle Tucker, who is one of the better outfielders in Major League Baseball, but you are running out of space. Andy Pahes is a franchise centerpiece for you moving forward. He might be the best outfielder in the National League. At least he is the top vote yet or in terms of All Star voting. So it's like we're sitting here talking about Pahes, you know, being that guy that'll be here for the next ten years. We're sitting here talking about Tucker getting four years at sixty million dollars a year. Yet you've got like five or six upper miners outfielders in their early twenties that would be knocking on the door of literally any other major league situation. Imagine dropping three of these guys into the pirate situation. They'd all be starting Like Bosway, Topola would probably be in the big leagues right now, Hope would probably be in the big leagues right now. But like that is the Dodger Burton. These guys are going to ops one thousand. They're gonna be trapped in Oklahoma City for a little bit and they won't get out. Maybe a couple of them will get traded, But then I guarantee you when one or two come up, they're gonna look really darn good. If they don't, they're gonna be Miguel Vargas or Michael Bush and turn into amazing players on other teams. Like it's just incredible what they do to churn out talent like this every single freaking year.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. And just a couple other shouts too, like Chase Harlan is a guy that could play his way in the top one under consideration. He's got an ops over one thousand. I've already seen him put up EV's of one sixteen. And you bring up the outfield like logjam. It really kind of is. If Kenell George didn't get hurt, I don't even know how they'd be getting everybody reps consistently in double A right now in the outfield. I do think there's a world where, like die, your hope could be dangled. You know, Cantaro could be dangled. I think you gotta hold on to Sarota, but Charles Davilon could be dangled. They've got a lot of trade capital here for sure, And what the Dodgers always seem to have.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's push the teams with five top one hundred prospects right now, and the first one that we are going to talk about is the Cleveland Guardians. Guardians check in with five top one hundred prospects. Their top guy, ralphie Velasquez, number seventeen, TRIPAA first baseman Travis Bizana really settling into the big leagues, close to graduating, obviously, he's at number twenty two. On hell Hanau is number forty three. Jenaker Casras, the teenage outfielder in Low A, is number forty four, and then Braylan Doti snuck in at ninety six, the twenty year old right hander in Hia. This Guardian system looks a little bit different than it did four years ago. When you first started discussing the Guardian system, it was all like kind of Spider Man memes, switchitting shortstop or center fielder. Now not so much like there's a little bit more diversity in terms of on field performance of the Guardian system.
Speaker 1: It's funny, man, I don't know if I can remember a more tangible shift in organizational approach than what we've seen from the Guardians. In the last couple of years where it has they went so so deep into the switch hitting back to ball guys and then now I've almost gone too far the other way where it that's huge whiff and power guys like jas Laviolette. I mean, the last couple of draft classes, it feels like they've just been pursuing that extra extra hard outside of you know, of course what you had with Bizana, but especially this past draft, it felt like they were pursuing it quite aggressively. Aaron Walton kind of the same thing, and then even some of the trades that they make like it was a total shift. But I think it's fun now because it's balanced them out here to where you have a little bit of everything and you know, you know they're going to do a great job with arms and Braylen Doty just continues to come along and looks like a fun project. By the way, sixty seven strikeouts to eleven walks this year, and I still think there's more in there. Stuff wise, cal Steven is continuing to just be a solid get outs armed that I think projects is it back into the rotation guy. And what's funny is like Cooper Engle was previously on our top one hundred, didn't make it this time. Around three homer day the other day. He's a guy that could easily be back on the list one thousand oh ps and triple A. He should be in the big league sooner rather than later as well. This is still a really really good system and Junik Er Cassras, I think is kind of that rising star potentially. We know ralphie Velaskaz I've talked about a ton is one of the best power bats, and I think the tandem of now in Velasquez is one of the more solid duos in minor league baseball in terms of some of the position player prospect duos that we can go through here, assuming Bizon has graduated right, but Casarras has a chance to join that and make it one of the more exciting trios. And what he's already done at the lower levels at eighteen years old, the upside that he has is really exciting. And then Elijah and I just talked about Jason Chorio, who's not on the list, but he has had a fantastic season. It looks like he's really putting things together. So this is still a really good farm system with another you know, if you graduate, a few guys easily could sneak in a sixth or seventh. Yes, they would lose Bizana, But this is one of one of the better farm systems in baseball, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another one with five right now, I mean Marlins and a couple of guys are on the shelf. Another guy's close to graduating. Thomas White, who's on the shelf right now dealing with a shoulder thing. He is your number twelve prospect in baseball. Robbie Snelling, who's out and he underwent the internal braze. He's at number twenty five. Joe Mack the catcher you had at thirty one at time of update, Iva Arquette, who's raking in Double A right now, he's at number thirty three. And then Carson Milbrand recently got the bump to Triple A Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: He's at forty eight. So not only do the.
Speaker 2: Marlins have five top one hundred prospects, but they have five top fifty prospects in your eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the injuries. That's sometimes the tough part when your top pitching prospects or your top prospects are pitchers, is there's some liability there and unfortunately, you know, the moments are gonna have to It looks like for both White and Snelling it's gonna come next year to really see that opportunity from them at the big league level, and we might see White a little bit at the end of the year, but I think overall, when you'll get the arms, the emergence and the breakout of mill Brand, who recently was on the show and check out that episode that was a lot of fun talking to him, has been huge for the organization. You look at like they really needed a righty in the upper miners that kind of projects to help them sooner rather than later. And that helps too. Kevin to Frank's injury, that's a guy that you know easily could have been in the top one hundred consideration before going down with a byseet issue. So that was tough. But I think when you look at what they were able to do with with our cat landing to them and then I think help him kind of tap into even more power and you're seeing that this year is super exciting. And then Joe Mack, Yeah, he's going to graduate, but this is a key piece of their future. We talked about it all the time why he was should have been ranked higher, I felt like by the contensus and just buy the industry because of how good he is with the glove and because of the ability to run into balls with the bat. And then you also have cam Canerella, who's playing at a really high level, could be in the top one hundred consideration with the glove. The value he gives you there. Really, if he projects as a league average hitter with the bat, you could you could justify getting him into the top one hundred. And then Dylan Lewis Man, like, this is a guy that you know is always kind of going to be anticipated to make his debut a little bit later as a late bloomer in college and as a guy with some swinging misconcerns. But he has held his own in double A and I think that's underselling it. And in terms of the swing and miss, has kept it in checked decently well. He's seventy percent contact rate. He's demolishing the baseball the way that you want him to from an egg of velosities perspective, and like, that's a guy that if the strikeout rates within check and he's slug in and looks like he can continue to develop and you know in the outfield, I think that's that's a point that you could expect on top one hundred list as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he totally seems like it. I think he leads the organization home runs still at this point. So really fun to look at the organizational health of the Miami Marlins just in terms of like bolstering the offensive pieces. They have a ton of offensive prospects. Yeah, right now, next team that we want to talk about here is the Minnesota Twins, and the Twins are boasting quite a few top one hundred prospects. They've got five of them. Walker Jenkins is back in the top ten at number eight. Emanuel Rodriguez heard again, but he's at number thirty nine. Lynn Culpepper is at sixty one. Ed or to Tye Eduardo tayit pardon the young catcher in Hya he's a number eighty six, and then Charlie Soto on the shelf with the twenty year old right hander got up to high a seater rapids he is at number eighty seven. For you, Twin system has some depth as well, which is fun to look at. But I mean these top.
Speaker 3: Five are obviously carrying a lot of weight for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a good balance though, as you allude to of like that top top guys and then and then the depth as well. Charlie Soto is a guy that could slip off. He we finally saw him, you know it, start to work his way back and made a couple of you know, short appearances. So hopefully he can get back on the mound and like sustainably and build back up, because he looked like he was on the cusp of really breaking out. But Walker Jenkins really adding that power before the injury. But he's back and he's already homeward. A couple of times in his rehab games has really solidified him back, you know, up towards being you know, a blue chip prospect. Colepepper's performance this year has been fantastic and and just seeing him continue to blossom has been fun. Tyt started a little bit slow, He's got three homers in his last hand full of games. He's been I still think is one of the more exciting power hitting catching prospects that we've seen in the Emmanuel Rodriguez is just about the health. What's fun about the twins. As you mentioned, the depth like Design Hill is a guy that easily could be a top one hundred prospect if he could just cut down on the free passes. And that's the biggest issue right now. But the stuff is outrageous. Marrik Houston is such a high floor piece with the glove that he brings to the table, but he's actually putting up an eight sixty four oh ps and high A if he's sitting in double A. I think that's the guy you start to see climb into the top one hundred list as well. This is a solid, solid system, but they're guys at the top are as talented as just about any.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Emmanuel Rodriguez, I guess you're just waiting for him to graduate at this point, Jenkions, I'm kind of just waiting for him to graduate at this point. Jenkins should get up at least post deadline, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once he's back, like he's already working back from that ac issue from colliding in the wall. I don't see why you waste any much more time in triple A. Just have him up in the show and if he's feeling any little ailments and things like that with this history, I'd rather have a big league staff working with him anyways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. All right.
Speaker 2: Next team that we're going to talk about here, the San Francisco Giants bets hitter in baseball over the last thirty days, has been Bryce Eldridge, the twenty one year old first baseman. He is the number twenty four. He has graduated at this point or close to graduating. Joss war Gonzalez, the eighteen year old shortstop, is number forty five. Got a seventeen year old here, Luis Hernandez, He's sixty two. Johnny Level, another nineteen year old, another shortstop, he's at sixty four. And then Bo Davidson continues to sneak onto the top one hundred and twenty three year old outfielder in DOUBLEA sits at number ninety nine. Got a whole bunch of young shortstops here. If you want to wax about Bryce Eldridge, go ahead, But I feel like that's a just baseball conversation at this point right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm excited to talk about him a little bit more on the JB Show and hopefully actually talk to him a little bit while they come down here to Miami for a series, because I was looking at the video trying to figure out what the difference was. Where how do you go from s treking out in hear with thirty percent of the time Ina to over the last month, Eldridge is walking as much as he's striking out in the show, And there's some subtle adjustments. He was very upright, and with such a tall, long leg guy, he would crouch down in his move and his head would just move so much. And I think now he's kind of found a middle ground. He starts a little bit more crouch and then just gets a little bit more into his legs without moving his head as much. It might be something as subtle as that. I can't wait to ask him what the difference is. But I mean, this guy, oh my gosh, as he just put it all together over the last month. And Eldridge is one example, but I also think the farm system as a whole, this has been one of the more improved farm systems over the last couple of years in Major League Baseball, and mostly through the international side of things, which I think is really cool, and then also just through the incredible scouting side of things, which is ironic given you know the way that the league proposal has come along, and we're going to talk about that other just Baseball show, Like a lot of scouts are going to lose jobs and Bo Davidson's probably not going to be found in the Coastal Plains League. Who knows though, because again I know they're trying to ramp up the amateur side of things. With that point being, Bo Davidson has developed and he has become a huge asset for them, especially with the way he's played of late, in the way that he could stick in centerfield. We just talked about him on the last episode in the heat Sheet, the ability to go get a Johnny level and immediately develop him into a guy that looks like he can stick it short and being above average regular there they go get their blue chip guy and Louis Hernandez and he's been as advertised in the early going, but you know, I think they were just thrilled to land him, and then Josh war Gonzalez is still also kind of a blue chip guy as well. But those guys don't always We can list out a million names of guys that the blue chips don't always immediately look like blue chips, and they have so far for the Giants. Now, these guys have to clear some other hurdles, but Gonzales looks the part, Hernandez looks the part level, looks the part at higher levels. And Bo Davidson to me, looks like somebody that could debut this year. So I also love the Gavin Kylin pick as a guy that is playing well, not out of this world well, but well. And you know, I think the depth Bevan is a little bit better than it was in years prior.
Speaker 3: Got you all right.
Speaker 2: Next team that we want to talk about here the Tampa Bay Rays. The Rays have a very good system as it pertains to their sixth through twenty fifth ranked prospects, but they've got some guys in the top one hundred as well. So the Rays that sit on just Baseball's top one hundred update, there are five of them.
Speaker 3: THEO Gillen is at number nineteen.
Speaker 2: Brody Hopkins, the triple A right hand or, is at number forty nine, Nathan Fluelling, nineteen year old catcher in high A, is number fifty four. Cooper Fleming, low a shortstop and a teenager, is number sixty eight, and then you've got tayt and Gray at seventy five. They have so many pieces in the system, but you've got five favorites here that are inside the top one hundred five favorites.
Speaker 1: This is as deep of a system as he got in Major League Baseball too, the outside of the maybe the Brewers, but I mean, this is just crazy, crazy talent. Tat and Gray is the one that just I think is exciting because barely on I wouldn't say barely in the radars a third round pick, but definitely not a guy that we were considering in the preseason to if you ask me like who in the race system could could burst onto the scene and be a top one hundred guy. I don't know how many names I would have given you before Tat and Gray, but there would have been a few that the Shane Boz deal, the amount of depth that they added there too, to go get bow Dye and who's been great so far, and Furrett who's starting to settle in and Triple A has been has been impressive. But the guys at the top, Brody Hopkins has been the frustrating one because it's the ceiling is so so high. He could be so special, and he has a couple of great starts and then just a clunker, and then a couple great starts and then two clunkers, and it's been tough to see. Ye theil Gillen as just the headliner of this system now, which looks like this is a guy that in our next updates probably going to be in the top ten and legitimately, depending on timing, has number one prospect in baseball. Upside like that's the headline of this system here. Then you have Nathan Fluelling, who I know we're higher on, but it's kind of the Joe Mack conversation where I see the same ingredients power, patience, which I think he has even more of that, a plus arm, and all the ingredients to be a really good defensive catcher. Does that mean he's going to be the thrower that Joe Mack is? Maybe not. That's a really high bar. But when you have a prep kid in an archetype that generally people hate, which is because of the history is these prep catchers, he's younger than most of it in his class. He's still nineteen years old and he's performing now at Hi A. I love the upside of Fluelling as well. So there's just so much to like here, but I think Tat and Gray is the other piece that just really makes me excited because you have a switch hitter with plus or better power that looks like he's just continuing to settle in with a great approach as well, also young for the class at eighteen years old. Their key guys I think, are going to keep being an arrow pointed upwards. And then they've got all this depth as well. To compliment.
Speaker 2: Last team with five that we want to talk about here is the Washington Nationals again to bony Ball. They are making their presence felt right now, not only the big leagues but in the minor leagues. Their top prospect, Eli Willitts is number twenty three on Just Baseball's Top one hundred. Travis Sikora is injured, but he's at number fifty two. Harlen and Susana is injured. He's at number fifty six or fifty eight. Pardon Devin Fitzgerald, the son of the head coach Todd Fitzgerald. Is it top at Stoneman Douglas, Yeah, Todd Fitzgerald. Devon is at number sixty six, and then sever King snuck On who's in TRIPLEA. He is at number ninety seven on Just Baseball's Top one hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, and talk about another guy that has maybe number one overall prospect upside, it's Eli Willitts too, so to have him headlining your system, and it just looks like such a fantastic pick by them. Already four homers in eight games at high A since going there. For this kid, that's a contact, speed and defense archetype. To have, you know, a five thirty two slug this year. He's still eighteen years old, by the way, for the entirety of this freaking season, it is just crazy. So him as your headliner. Sikora and Susana you're waiting on health here, but I don't need to sell you on the upside of both of those twenty two year olds. And then what Fitzgerald has been able to do. I know he's like five for his last fifty five. I'm not worried about it. He's gonna be quite fine. And even with this stretch, he still has an eight nineteen ops on the season. The development of sever King is just so huge, and I think it's a testament two new times in the system. And then how about some other guys that have the talent to be top one hundred prospects very very soon. I know people love Ronnie Cruz. I'm concerned about some of the peripherals and we brought that up and he has struggled at Hi A, but he's still ridiculous batspeed. Gavin Fien was hurt to start the year, but he's starting to pick up now that he's healthy and absolutely has the potentially be a top one hundred guy. I still think he's Perraus. The further he's removed him from Tommy John surgery can be an electrifying arm for them as well. Ethan Petrie has a nine hundred ops this year. Alejandro Rosario finally got the TJ. He's going to come back and I think he's going to remind a lot of people just how damn good he is. Miguel Sime Junior is so talented, Like this is a very fun system, and I just it's one of another one where you can talk about, like compared to the Giants, this might be the number one shift in Major League Baseball in terms of which farm systems haven't proved. I didn't even mention Harry Ford, who's had a horrible year, but He's still Harry Ford, and I still think has you know, potential to give you plenty of value.
Speaker 3: System that got really good really quick.
Speaker 2: That's kind of the name of the game with Washington right now is a big league team that got really good, really quick, and a farm system that got really good really quick. We will wrap with the five teams that have four top one hundred prospects here and we go to the Athletics. The Athletics right now are sitting at four top one hundred prospects. Leo DeVries is your number four prospect in baseball. Gage Jump just turned in what seven scoreless last night for the Athletics. He's at number thirty. Henry Bolty is at number fifty or Boltay sorry, and then way In Lynn, the twenty year old leftander in double currently sits number seventy eight for you, Boltay. The more I watch at the major league level, the more I'm.
Speaker 3: Like enticed by him.
Speaker 2: He's a big man dude, and he's like he's letting that athleticism eat really at every single turn, whether it's defensively on the base paths in the box. I've been super impressed with Boltay and Jump at the major league level, and then in the minor league level.
Speaker 3: Obviously the Headliners Defreese.
Speaker 1: And you know, to a lot of people, and I understand why they felt like Jamie Arnold was a top one hundred snub, and I can understand that. So if you think Jamie Arnold's the top one hundred, gud, he was also a just miss guy for us. Anyways, that's another very valuable piece to add to the fold year who probably will put pitch his way, you hope, into the top one hundred as well. Opponents are unfortunate hitting three hundred agains him, but I still think he's gonna put things together there to make it happen. Bolt A we just talked about in the last episode. It's eighty eighty great speed and seventy raw power. That's stupid stuff. And he's developed into a great defender in centerfield. It's just he's a mechanical adjustment away from being able to elevate the ball more consistently. And oh my gosh, who knows what the ceiling could be there. Brandon Net's been hurt this year. I still really like him as an arm outside of the top one hundred as well. And then they got one of the highest profile you know, top or IFA guys and jo hen C Colummey, who I know a lot of people are excited about, eager to see his pro debut, but Way and When looks like a guarantee to be a back end of the rotation starter and of course a't twenty years old. With his frame, there's still so much room for more to maybe reach towards middle rotation. Upside, you mentioned Gage Jump, I mean, that's a middle rotation piece for you now, and that's what's so exciting about Himlea Dvrees is one of the best prospects in baseball period and starting to really pick it up. Just got that ops over eight hundred, and I just I think from this system it's always solid, but it's in a really strong place right now because you also have some depth to Josh Carota Grower all of a sudden add some power and he looks like a nice piece for them. Devin Taylor is having a nice year like they're rounding out the system as well, and I think that's it's in a really good spot overall.
Speaker 2: There is a system with four guys that seems to be on the downswing right now. And yes, some graduations certainly have to play with that. It's the New York Mets, like, Okay, Carson Bench is graduated at this point, aj Ewing is graduated at this point. But they have four top one hundred prospects right now. Ewing is at number twenty six, but then you got Jack Wenninger Weninger at fifty six, You've got Jonah Tong at seventy seven, and then Jacob Rimer at ninety eight. I'm not souring on Tong, but watching that guy throw in the big leagues, I was like, there's serious stuff that he needs to work out. The walk number was astronomically high with Triple A Syracuse. He's back in Triple A trying to figure stuff out. They've got other interesting pieces. But is it fair to say this system is sliding just a little bit right now?
Speaker 1: Yes it is, and yes part of it is you graduate a guy in aj Ewing who you know, we've been as high as anybody on and he's in same with Ben. So those have been two of my favorite prospects. I feel like in a while, especially in the outfield, those guys are are really really good players for a really long time we're already seeing that impact at the big league level. But if you just ignored that part and and just focus on the players that are still prospects, almost all of them have had a down year. Like Tong It's it's been a down year ultimately two. I mean, he's been brutal at Triple A and he's clearly working through some things. Ryan Clifford has has a seven to twenty ops in Triple A Syracuse. I know he's picking it up a little bit, but that's kind of disappointing after just destroying, destroying Double A after the promotion last year. Jacob Riimer has a seven to twenty three ops in Double A. Jack Weninger's walk rate has completely balloomed this year in Triple A and that was one of my favorite arms. Yeah, it's even Jonathan Santucci, he's been he's been good. His command is backed up a little bit. In Double A. It's been weird. Like the team at the big league level has really struggled, and it feels like it's just seeped down into the minor leagues as well, where it's hard to find a guy that is really taking a step forward from where they were last year. It feels like, at best it's it's maintaining. And I even think that's generous with some of these guys. I'd say most of them, it's a half step or full step backwards.
Speaker 2: And you hope this is just a full twenty twenty six calendar year thing for the Mets, Like, oh, this is just the year from hell. You know, you can chalk this up to being a bad year at the big league level and a bad year in the minor leagues. But at the end of the day, like, you can't really survive like that when you are a major, major market with the highest payroll in Major League Baseball. You can't take the lump of a bad twenty twenty six. Something needs to be going right. And nothing is going right for the New York Mets right now outside of Soto, and that kind of stinks for them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and I guess like the I was talking to Ryan Finkle sign about it. He's like, by the saving grace, I get to watch aj Ewing and Carson bench play every day. Yeah, give you that. I'll give you.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's a good positive spin on this. So you got the outfield of the president future in Soto, Ewing, and Bene And it's fun to watch other teams in New York that has four top one hundred prospects the Yankees. George Lombard Junior checks in at twenty, Carlos lagronhe at number fifty three, Dax Kilby, the nineteen year old shortstop, is at seventy two, and then Elmer Rodriguez, who got his first taste of big league ball, checks in at ninety three.
Speaker 3: They always have.
Speaker 2: Pitching, it seems, and the Yankees just continue to churn out some guys. It is fun to check in on Lombard and Kilby constantly, especially with the rhetoric around of the shortstop position at the big league level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Kilby is the one too where it's just I would love to see that hamstring get better because when he's on the field, man, it's so much fun to watch him play, but it's just seems to be nagging him all year long. Lombard, I mean, at this point, I feel like he's getting closer and closer to a big league debut. He's already doing that thing where he gets the taste, struggles and then settles in at the level and he's doing it at trip away now, and yeah, I think there's a there's a world where he could help them in third base, even potentially sooner rather than later, and just just such a high probability big league piece. I love that they're gonna give Legron Hay some looks out of the bullpen to potentially help the team this year, because that's how he gets to the big leagues, and I think he could be fantastic there and then of course you try to work him back into a starter's role as well. But this is still a solid system, you know. I think it's better than it's been in in years past. Like Elma Rodriguez too, Like he's just continued to just be effective and maybe outpitch the stuff a little bit more and that's what pitched got him into you know, the top one hundred for us. So, I mean, the Yankees are always going to be buyers, right, and I think in seasons past there's been some times where it's like, man, I don't know what pieces they have. It's a little bit better this year, especially at the top. And you know, I know, a getting Kilby's injury this year kind of hurts some of the momentum there with the system, because that's a guy that I think had the helium to be, you know, one of the better young shortstop prospects in baseball. But still with the way Legron, Hay and Rodriguez are throwing the consistent and you know, just development of Lombard and then even like Spencer Jones holding his own right now in the big leagues and it's been really encouraging overall.
Speaker 2: So the comp is thrown around a lot for a starting pitcher in the minor leagues to debut as a reliever and then work his way back into his starting pitching role. But like I think Legronhey and Crochet, there are a lot of similarities there where you've got just utterly electric stuff with some flaws as a starting pitcher, like Crochet was never going to be good enough to be a starting pitcher out of the gates for the White Sox, but when he got up, it was like, you know what, just let one hundred and to eat and see what happens. And then slowly but surely, and it took three years for Crochet to get back into the rotation, but slowly but surely he made his way back, and that sheer ability and talent turned into a durable workhorse. So I kind of love that parallel with Legron Hay and it is funny that it's a Yankee Red Sox deal. A couple more teams that we got to talk about here. Your second to last one is the Seattle Mariners. The Mariners, of course have Colt Emerson on this list, and Colt Emerson is one of the top prospects in all of Major League Baseball. The other guys that are Seattle Mariners on the top one hundred update Cold Emberson at number two, Ryan Sloan at number five, Kate Anderson at number ten, and then lazarro mont Is at number eighty four, three top ten prospects in baseball.
Speaker 3: Life is good in the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 1: I mean that's some rare stuff, right, I mean that's where it's crazy. And then you got Las Mantes of course still in the fold. They're hitting his homers, and it's just he's another one where's just I just want to see it at Big League LOB we'll se if he's gonna hit enough. Like I'm tired of watching, and I know he's young. I'm not even saying he's been like held up or anything like that. It's just you know he's gonna slog and double Let's just see what he could do in the show. Johnny Farmelo has really been heating up folding Sellison was a guy who just missed our top one hundred. I'm more concerned about the underlying data, but on the surface he has been really good. But when is the last time we've had three I guess it would be the Orioles. But was it three? I think it was three. Do we have Gunner, Adleie, and Grayson all on the same list. I'm trying to remember it.
Speaker 2: That sounds right, But Gunner might not have been that high when Adleye was still a prospect.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to Yeah, I don't know. I don't think so either. Regardless, like this is this might be one of the best three headed monsters prospect wise that we've really seen, because we have Cold at number two, and then Solon's the number one pitching prospect in baseball, and then Kate Anderson is the top left handed pitching prospect in baseball. So that's the fun part with this Mariner system is I mean, you've got some special, special, special talent at the top, but there's still some solid depth, as we alluded to with with Fromelo and Sealaston and Arroyo is a guy that we've always skewed weller on and we've heard it, you know, I heard it from people fours. He's having an okay year with a seven to fifty oh ps and double A. Luke Stevenson looks like he could be an interesting piece for them as well with with the defense and some power projection there as well. They're always going to have some some arms that kind of come out of nowhere as well. And so overall, I mean, this is always a good farm system, whether it's a little bit top heavy or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last team that we get to talk about here the Saint Louis Cardinals. The Heim Bloom renaissance has been awesome to watch and Rainel Rodriguez is at number fifteen, nineteen year old catcher in double A has been one of the more impressive bets in minor league baseball this year. You got Jimmy Crooks at eighty five, Tarangelo sainta at eighty eight, and then Liam Doyle at ninety four, so it is certainly backloaded. You've got three guys in the back fifteen on the Top one hundred list. But Rainel Rodriguez is doing a ton of heavy lifting here. I mean, I don't have the one by one top one hundred. Is he the top catching prospect in baseball?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Salis at nine, Duno at eleven, and then Rayel Rodriguez is number three.
Speaker 1: But there's a case, I mean, you could put him, you can make him number like. I think these guys are semi interchangeable. I think Salas is slightly off to his own but Rodriguez and Duno, I think are really they're going to kind of be in tandem for me forever, I feel like, and it's just going to kind of be what have you done for me lately? And try not to do that and try to look at it at a macro scale. But it's gonna be hard with these two and the fact that Rodriguez is already in double A and starting to settle in there. There's a world where Rodriguez might start to separate himself a bit too. It's hard because the differentiator between those two is going to be defense, and that's the hardest thing to try to identify uh with with teenage or twenty year old catchers in the minor leagues. The other part too, is like I still think Saint just just scraping the surface of what he can be. I mean, the strikeouts have been there ridiculously and then also like all of a sudden he's doing the left handed thing. I still think it's a little bit of unnecessary thing, but he's starting to do it better, so it is worth following. Joshua Buye is the top one hundred prospect for like everybody else, and I get it, so like if we're wrong about him, even if we're even if we're not, like he was a just miss guy anyways, that's a huge, you know, solid piece for you as well. But there's a world where he is a guy that absolutely should have been a top one hundred guy. And then I like some of the depth that they have too, with some of the trades that they've made. I think ty Pete is starting to settle in a little bit, and he looks he looks solid. Uh, the arms are interesting, like tank Hences is on the downswing. Fajardo has been good, but you know he's kind of limited seeing wise, Quinn Matthews just continues to kind of battle some inconsistencies command wise. I think the big one for them will be Brandon Clark when he comes back from injury. What does he look like? Who they got in the trade with the Red Sox. But this is still a really, really solid system. It is tough though with the struggles of Liam Doyle maybe holding it back some. But still good system on the upswing overall, as you mentioned, and that's something that heim Bloom is always going to do a good job of. But that might not be what he's tasked with doing this deadline, which is you know, I think has signed of great things right now.
Speaker 3: On the big league side, Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Those are our groups of teams. Obviously, the Brewers led the way with seven top one hundred prospects, but you had the Dodgers with six. He had a whole bunch of teams with five, and then we just wrapped up the teams with four from Wader. We talked about the Houston Astros who had zero. They were the only team with zero top one hundred prospects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just quickly taken through the rest of the teams, the Braves had three. That's a system though, that is an up arrow with some of the guys that have they have performing Eric Hartman and just what he's been able to do. The Chicago Cubs, it's three right now, but they have and we just talked about it on the heat sheet, like Jefferson Rojas looks like a guy that's starting to play his way back into top one hundred consideration. Josiah hart Schoran is probably going to be a top thirty or forty prospect in our next update. Kane Kepley was a guy who just missed. Owen Ayers is probably going to be a top one hundred prospect in our next update. So that's a system that I think is on the upswing. The White Sox are the epitome of a team with three top one hundred guys. I just think it's a pretty average system. The Tigers have graduated guys and have had some injuries, but still I think a solid system overall. And then the Pirates also check in with three, and the Blue Jays as well, who also have some guys emerging. Juan Sanchez I like, but also with the Pirates, Murph Gray is another name to watch that could end up entering the fold as well. And then the teams with two diamondbacks Orioles, Red Sox, Rockies, Royals, Angels, Philly and Rangers there as well. And then of course with one it's the Padres and the Reds have two as well. I should have mentioned we actually left them out of the graphic by a mistake, but I'm trying to think of the teams with two left. I think the Orioles have some talent with variants that could get them up, you know, pretty quickly here. The Red Sox always have some guys that I think are emerging. They have a few that have been impressive at the lower levels that I'm eager to see more from. The Rockies have more talent than I think to top one hundred spots would imply. And even the Royals with some of the recent pickups that they've had have been good. And then the Padres. There's always gonna be some guys that are emerging, and we've seen that already. But that's just a quick synopsis on the rest of the teams.
Speaker 3: Cool I dig it. That's our program.
Speaker 1: That'll do it for this week of the call up. Hope you all enjoyed. We are looking forward to getting back into the regular schedule next week. Probably get a team top prospect list out an episode on that and then you know a pitching related heat sheet, then maybe a player interview will keep you posted. If you could leave a rating on audio, help us grow the show on YouTube, be sure to subscribe. We have added a ton on the production side and I would really appreciate you guys checking that out as well, and be sure to follow us on socials for the call up all over the place as well. Thank you for listening, have a great weekend and we look forward to talking prospects with you next week.