Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support.
Speaker 3: But enough with that, let's get to the show. Good morning, everybody, Happy Monday. We have an amazing show for everybody today. What do we have, Chrystal.
Speaker 1: Indeed, we do lots of interesting things that are happening for us to comment on this morning. I don't know if you guys caught this RFK Junior with a big Super Bowl ad last night and it.
Speaker 4: Kind of worked out perfect for us.
Speaker 1: Our focus results from our URFK Junior focus group are also in, so we can tell you how voters are thinking about his candidacy.
Speaker 4: Super excited about that.
Speaker 1: Also, you probably saw Biden dealt a legal victory but a massive political blow by that special counsel that who had been appointed to investigate his handling of classified documents. Missandling of classified documents a lot to say about that, and.
Speaker 4: Interestingly, Hillary Rodham Clinton weighing in with.
Speaker 1: A hot take on that one that you may not expect, so we will react to that as well. Trump also making some very noteworthy comments on NATO that have caught a lot of people's attention. We'll talk about that separately. Also making some very noteworthy comments about Taylor Swift. We of course have to comment on that as well. Tucker's big interview with Putin is out. It was a lot, it was very interesting, it was sort of revealing. We'll show you some of the highlights, some of the parts that caught our attention and give you our reaction to all of that. And at the same time, while we were all watching the Super Bowl, Israel began their offensive on Rafa over the very weak protestations of our own president and over the stronger protestations of the Egyptians and the Saudis.
Speaker 4: So we will show you the very latest there.
Speaker 1: They are also saying that they were actually able to rescue two hostages in what they considered to be a very successful mission. So that is what we've got for you this morning. Before we get into any of that, though, thank you so much to all of the premium subscribers for making this RFK Junior focus group.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think you guys are really going to like it. As we said, you guys are going to get full access to it. We'll have clips here, but later on this week we'll drop the full episode for you. It won't drop until many days later for the general public and the general audience. If you want to first look at that, if you want to see why people are supporting RFK Junior in their own words with a major search term bump form that happened last night over the super Bowl breaking points dot com, and you could support our work there.
Speaker 3: But with that, let's go to the RFK Junior group.
Speaker 4: Yeah, indeed.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know how many of you guys watched super Bowl last night. Probably a good number I watched. It was a fantastic game. But of course we were very highly attuned to all of the political things because those are the kind of political nerds that we are. RK Junior with a big seven million dollar actually his super pack ad by with a throwback Kennedy ad let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 5: Want I'm a hand for president who's season through and through a man who's old enough to know.
Speaker 3: A young up to do well.
Speaker 6: It's up to you.
Speaker 7: Rid's up to you.
Speaker 8: It's strictly up to you.
Speaker 9: American Value twenty twenty four is responsible for the contents of this advertisement.
Speaker 1: So I think that this was even though seven million dollars a lot of money, obviously, I think this is probably money well spent because there are a whole lot of people who are discussed with Joe Biden or think that he's way too old. Eighty six percent I think of voters think he's too old to be president again. People also disgusted with Donal Trump, who is very likely to be a convicted felon by the time the election comes around, looking for some alternative, and it's like, hey, there's a guy with the last name Kennedy might have heard of before, and he is also running.
Speaker 4: He is a viable alternative.
Speaker 3: He's a genie.
Speaker 2: Sad for several reasons. Number one, didn't tell us anything about him. You're not supposed to know anything about him're supposed to know that their last name is Kennedy, and that there's a vote independent, which is another option, which is the major reason that many people are backing him, and why they would be interested in Cannessey. Second, as a student of those ads, one of my favorite lines from that song actually is quote old enough to know, young enough to do. Now.
Speaker 3: Look, he may be seventy years old.
Speaker 2: But he's a lot younger, unfortunately for than all of the other people who are in the race. The seventy eight year old Donald Trump if you were to be elected, the eighty two year old Joe Biden if he were to be reelected. So he's got the you know, the age at the very least comparatively on his side. The Kennedy ad too, and people are going to see this in our focus group. The ability to evoke the inspiration of that era, especially amongst people who watch their parents really fall like prey to the Kennedy magic is just it is. I cannot describe how powerful and emotive that is for the younger of RBS, sorry for the older voter, the median voter in this country fifty five years old with no college degree, who can think and talk to their parents about what that time was like and about some of the feelings that they can connect to it. So the nostalgia, the being younger, the fat you know, these are the type of ads that we learn about in our social studies classes and to be able to connect it back to some like this to win a modern age get people a choice.
Speaker 3: I thought it was very very powerful.
Speaker 1: I mean, the thing that we've said from the beginning with him is that the more vague he keeps his messaging better. And because he has a lot of you know, very divisive stances, some of which we talk to the focus group about.
Speaker 4: Obviously it's really interesting to hear their reaction to that.
Speaker 1: But the more that he is just like you know, associated with the Kennedy brand as sort of a generic alternative to these two dudes that a majority of the country hate and are disgusted by the fact that they only have these DWO choices, the better for him, I think probably, you know, the bigger obstacle, maybe the largest obstacle for RFK Junior at this point, is just the ballot access because the way our system is so rigged and makes it so incredibly difficult to be on the ballot as a viable alternative, but you know, as a bit of political theater and as a way to get his name in front of the country and get people googling, like who is this, dude, what is this all about? I thought it was a very very intelligent move. So we've been really curious about who are the RFK Junior supporters, what do they look like, what are the different archetypes. And we got a lot of really really interesting data and insights from the focus group that we were able to do with James Johnson of Jail Partners, and he's going to join us in the studio now. Just give us a moment to set up and we'll get right to that. All right, guys, So we are lucky to have James Johnson of Jail Partners here in the studio to tell us what he found noteworthy about the RFK Junior focus group. Great to Caesar, So tell us a little bit about who this group was in your initial impressions.
Speaker 10: Seven people who say that they are going to vote AREFK junior in November from the suburbs of Detroit, so key swings say, obviously in Michigan. And they are people who at the moment at least are saying they're going with you for the many for them for the first time for a party candidate in.
Speaker 3: R K Junior.
Speaker 1: Interesting, we have an initial sort of intro piece of why they feel like RFK Junior has won their vote over Let's take a listen to what they had to say.
Speaker 10: You've all got one thing in common.
Speaker 3: Robert F.
Speaker 10: Kennedy Jr. Now, one by one, I won't you just tell me about your story of where you ended up.
Speaker 7: That his announcement was phenomenal. I thought it was one of the best speeches I've heard in a long time, and I thought it addressed something real. I'm hungry for a change and I want leadership.
Speaker 11: I also saw the pitch for his campaign opening, but I was looking at it more toward legacy and the views that I grew up with. So it was a little bit deeper for me that the Kennedy family would throw a candidate in there that would would fulfill what the past Kennedys have and work for all people.
Speaker 12: Legacy and the name, and for change and for the people. Because I do not like, you know, our other potential candidates are.
Speaker 13: Okay, I smiled when I heard his name. I can just hear my mom talk about and smile every time FK came up, So I just knew they were a good, supportive, rounded family. He seems very confident in what he talks about, and he's listening to views from other people. I'm not for Biden. I'm definitely not for Trump, but I'm just for for the people, just like RFK is for.
Speaker 14: To me, he's a strong person and he's going to be willing to take on the establishment, to take on the military and establishment and some of the entrench political organizations that you know are running our country. He's proved himself in his legal profession standing up to big Pharmah and doing you know, work on pollution environmental issues. He's got his legacy of his family and some of it's tragic, so good for him for standing up and making a go at it.
Speaker 15: I think I was on the internet on Facebook or something and they put up that he was running, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, dang, that would that would probably be really cool.
Speaker 15: You know, to come back like the bushes, you know. Now it's to Kennedy's I think it would be a good idea for him to run at this time when everything is going down. He will probably help the economy a little bit more as far as because it's basically going down, even though they say and everything is going up, is going down, and I just I just think overall the person would be you'll be a good fit.
Speaker 16: I didn't actually know about him until a random episode of Joe Rogan. He was on it, and I actually heard about him several times before, but you know, he's mentioned as like a crackpot or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's really hard.
Speaker 16: To like lie for three hours straight about yourself, to put on a facade. And I look at Trump, I don't really see integrity there. I see manipulation. I look at Biden, I don't even see substance there. I see a guy who is enough of a figurehead that a party can use. And then RFK Junior just looks like, for the most part, that's a lot of integrity.
Speaker 10: Not choice that we face in November, but looking almost sing now that it's going to be Trump USUS by going by the primaries, How does that choice make you feel? In one word, it makes.
Speaker 11: Me feel uncomfortable and too uncomfortable, nervous.
Speaker 13: I see recklessness with the two of them.
Speaker 7: I'm concerned about a fair election.
Speaker 14: Continued divisiveness.
Speaker 16: It's two words, makes it off feel partless.
Speaker 10: There are some suggestions that the Trump team might have reached out to RFK Junior about him being his potential vice presidential running mate. How does that make you feel?
Speaker 11: That would be a deal breaker for me.
Speaker 13: I'm not a fan of Trump. I mean, he's a loose cannon. He's done some horrible things. But if he asked RFK to be his vice president, I would feel like Rfk's copping out, Like, oh, I guess if I want to get in the White House, is what I'm going to have to do.
Speaker 14: I thought that was a really good political move if Trump was going to do that. Frankly, so if he could get him on board, then you know, he would get his voting base increase substantially.
Speaker 16: He would sway me more to accepting Trump because I believe in the integrity that he has.
Speaker 10: Put your hand up if you think if it would make you feel better about Trump if he became Trump's vice presidential nominee.
Speaker 1: So many interesting things there One thing that I note in terms of how they explain their support for RFK, there's sort of a few themes.
Speaker 4: There were a couple who touched on some kind of specific political issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one gentleman talking about like taking on the entrenched political establishment, but a lot of it was either I like the Kennedy name.
Speaker 4: It gives me the warm fuzzies.
Speaker 1: Or I really hate my other two options and this one seems genuine. That was the other thing you heard a lot is like he seems like he's authentic.
Speaker 4: He seems like he has integrity, and I don't feel like either of these other two dudes do.
Speaker 3: I think that's right.
Speaker 10: We know from our other breaking points, focus groups and wide appolling that people are really dissatisfied about this choice of Biden and Trump.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it.
Speaker 10: Seems like, you know, sort of they are yearning for something else, and the nostalgia of the Kennedy name, plus things that they really like about Robert Kennedy. I think that is important. Yes, Kennedy is playing a role, but the Robert f is too. They quite like him. Some also said that they liked the fact that he was bucking the trend a little bit with his family name, not just embodying it, and so you know, they understand that nuance that he's trying to try and to carry. So, yes, they like it, and they like that he seems like a breath of fresh air. Integrity as a word that came up a lot, honestly, was a word a lot of a came up a lot.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It also was clear to me on that answer with the Trump VP, like they don't like Trump, they don't like Biden either. There really was a real independent streak. We were talking a bit before the break. Could you just give us a breakdown of who these people were politically on the spectrum. They're all over the map as we understand, if you could break it down.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so they were basically split into thirds between people who voted for Biden in twenty twenty, Trump in twenty twenty, and a third party in twenty twenty. So this is a really quite diverse group. There were quite a pragmatic group as well. They didn't feel like diehard Democrats or diehard Republicans. You know, they were quite transactional about their about their vote, and I think that speaks to the fact that RFK Junior can pull these voters from across the across the political spectrum because they're so fed up with the status ploy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really interesting.
Speaker 4: Speaking of that. You know one thing that struck me.
Speaker 1: You asked them a good bit about his vaccine stance and what they think about the vaccines, what they thought about the handling of COVID and obviously that's a very divisive stance that RFK has. It's a very divisive issue and has been in America. I was sort of struck by that pragmatism that you had people who had different views there, but they weren't like at each other's throats over it. Let's take a listen to how that part of the conversation went.
Speaker 10: Arth Keajuniors said Anthony Fauci and Bill Gates may have tried to profit from the COVID nineteen vaccine. RFA Junior has also made links between the COVID nineteen vaccine and five G, including that Faucin Gates suppressed information about other COVID nineteen cures, so the vaccine was the only viable option.
Speaker 7: I think that ERFK did his homework. All they did was follow the money. You know, they were way too involved in the lab in uh in China, and you know, there's nothing more to prove. I mean, it's just it doesn't nothing adds up about it.
Speaker 13: That's to me a speculation, just like they speculated that you know it started in China, this wet market and oh it was intentional, And I'm like, how.
Speaker 3: Do they know that.
Speaker 10: What's your personal views of those vaccines? Were they in that benefit? Were they in that problem?
Speaker 3: I was against them.
Speaker 7: It was such a push on something that was not tested, and it put a lot of people in danger.
Speaker 12: I was really against vaccinations until my mother screamed at me that I could not even come to her home unless I was vaccinated because she's older people with pre existing conditions. I think it's important to have the vaccinations you know available.
Speaker 3: I think it's individual.
Speaker 13: You know, big corporation can't say either the vaccine you don't work for us anymore, you know, I think totally wrong, totally wrong.
Speaker 14: Well, I've had family members die from COVID, so in the early days, I was definitely pro vaccination, but I also think it was a personal choice for people. As time has gone on, we're hearing about side effects. More research has been done. Now I feel more comfortable because I know we have treatments that can be used, so you don't just go to the hospital and get on a ventilator and don't come home anymore.
Speaker 16: I took one dose and I had a very very strong negative reaction and didn't take the second one, and then my wife was pregnant at the time, and I couldn't good faith imagine her taking it at the same time like it was.
Speaker 3: It was rough.
Speaker 16: My father died in care after getting COVID. What they did is they induced, put them on a ventilator, gave him medications. He died of organ failure later that year. His sister Mitham MILLI exact same way with Trump and with Biden, something like the treatment during that time period, did.
Speaker 3: All the protocols.
Speaker 16: They're both culpable for how all of that was handled. They would both rather be dismissed and ignored. And he's the guy who's not that that's a focus is to address that stuff.
Speaker 3: A politician is telling the truth about COVID well.
Speaker 7: I don't think Trump was informed. I don't think Biden's being honest, and I think Fauci misled everybody.
Speaker 14: Fauci is a politician. He's also had special interests, personal interests in different things going on with the vaccine, with the lab in China, supposedly. But I liked him, you know, initially, I thought, you know, he meant well, I told you start finding out more information about what going on.
Speaker 2: You have gained notoriety for your skepticism about vaccines, and over the summer in an interview, you said, quote, there's no vaccine that is, you know, safe and effective.
Speaker 3: Do you still believe that? I never said so stop me. We have the clip.
Speaker 4: Please play the clip.
Speaker 5: Play the whole clip.
Speaker 3: I just talked about that. The media slanders you by calling you an anti vaxxer, and you've said that you're not anti vaccine, you're pro safe vaccine. Difficult question. Can you name any vaccines that you think are good?
Speaker 5: I think some of the live iris vaccines are probably of earning more problems than their causing. There's no vaccine that is, you know, safe and effective.
Speaker 4: So you did say it.
Speaker 3: Do you still believe it?
Speaker 5: Well, here's what Here's what I Here's what I would say. First of all, I'm not anti vaccine.
Speaker 8: How is that statement not anti vaccine?
Speaker 5: Well, it's I can say right now there's no because of medicine for cancer that's safe. In the fact that it doesn't mean I'm like I saw medicines. I've been fighting forty years to get mercury out of fish. Nobody calls me anty fish. What I want is vaccines that are proven safety. And what I meant, which was a bad use of words. And as none of the vaccines that are currently on the mandated schedule for children, there seventy two vaccines have ever been tested in a pre licensing safety study.
Speaker 10: How do we feel he came across that he was defending his position.
Speaker 11: What do we think I think he should say what he really felt on that. And because I think all of us understand any medication, you just wanted to be safe. You don't know how it's going to react with you as an individual looking at the science of it. But he did look a little nervous and trying to clean it up.
Speaker 13: He seemed a little uneasy. He said it, he said, I might have used the wrong words.
Speaker 16: I'd rather his approach of overcaution then reckless abandon.
Speaker 10: If there was another global pandemic, you know, a real problematic new virus, the same issues we talked about are on the table again, vaccines, lockdowns. Put your hand up if you think rfk's union would be the best person to leave the country in that situation.
Speaker 14: Yeah, if there's a situation that like previously, where they need to get the vaccine out there, I would hope that he wouldn't hold it up too much. He has to weigh that testing element and the safety element up, because if people are dying, it's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 16: I'm sure he'll weigh the pros and cons of you know, how many people it would benefit, and wouldn't actually hold up something that would benefit more people than it hurt.
Speaker 3: But he would pay attention.
Speaker 7: I also think that he wouldn't have like put all these businesses, make them close, these mom and pops, they could have stayed in business. They could have had safety measures in place rather than just across the board make them close.
Speaker 1: So much about that that's interesting. First of all, it seems for one, maybe two of them, this is a relatively motivating issue. For most of them, it didn't seem like I'm curious about your thoughts on that. But for people who are just of just listening to this and weren't able to actually see the clip when you're playing to them that CNN clip and the comments from RFK on the Lex Rieman podcast, the faces were very pained, very concerned. They were not enjoying that exchange. And so I found that interesting as well, especially since a lot of the focus group participants seemed like, you know it was less about his specific stances on the issues. They may not even be aware that he's been sort of like leading vanguard of the anti vaxx movement for decades.
Speaker 4: At this point, there was.
Speaker 1: More of just like Kennedy nostalgia and I want something different.
Speaker 4: That did raise the question in my mind that.
Speaker 1: If more of this was played, if there was more sort of like oppositional ads against him, et cetera, that you may actually move some of these people off of him, if they had more awareness of what his positions were.
Speaker 4: What do you think of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, three things came across from that.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 10: The first is that I think, certainly there is a bit of a It's not their most important issue in terms of, you know, they're not necessarily going to turn away from Urk Junior because of it. But I do think we need to remember that these are people who are FK Junior already has. You know, these are sort of his ten percent or so in the polls at the moment. If he wants to grow that base, then that could be a problem, even though these guys are pretty much okay with it. I think the second point is that the thing they didn't like about the clip was not so much a substance, but something we always see in these focus groups, which was this sense that he was being a bit of a classic politician. He was dodging the day exactly, and that is exactly why they like RFK Junior because they don't think he's like that. So if they see clips like that, So if I was, you know, the Biden or Trump campaign, I'd be compiling clips of him looking like a politician rather than you know, the populace sort of you know, sort of favorite that they currently see him as.
Speaker 16: The third thing, and I.
Speaker 3: Think this is important.
Speaker 10: I think this is what these focus groups let 'us see, is that you hear a lot about how RFK Junior supporters are. You know, they're crazy, they're cranky, they're conspiracy theorists.
Speaker 3: These people's views on the vaccine.
Speaker 10: People listening and viewing might not necessarily agree with them all, but they were reasoned from personal experience positions to take.
Speaker 3: And I just think that.
Speaker 1: Is talking about like Bill Gates from microships and stuff like that, there's a listen.
Speaker 4: I think everybody should have a choice.
Speaker 1: You know, people who said, look a net benefit, you know, I was very for it in the beginning, especially I lost loved ones because of COVID. That jumped down at me as well, because that was one of my questions going into the focus group was how much are these people who have a die hard commitment to this issue or another issue that RFK has champion and how much of it are they just, you know, people who are looking for an alternative to two really shitty choices at this point, and by and large, I think it's the ladder.
Speaker 2: The ladder jumped out at me too, James, give us a taste of some of the we're going to keep debuting clips and all of these other things. What were some other moments that really jumped out to you that were really noteworthy that our audience can look for and pick up on.
Speaker 10: I think the big one, and on that subject of what are the deal breaker issues is RFK Junior's position on Israel. And they broadly knew that he was very pro Israel, and some and for a lot of them, that did not coincide with their views. They had more of the view that perhaps the Israeli response have been a little bit too disproportionate, that they felt that America shouldn't be involved in funding Israel or in ded Ukraine. So that was an interesting example of where you know, views rubbed up against there. The interesting thing there that was though they would rather RFK Junior just let his views be known and say agree with me if you want to disagree with me if you don't, because rather than you know him, try and fudge a position on on on his actual views. So that's the lesson for RFK Junior on this. You are running as an insurgent, you are running as the anti politician. Make sure that you continue to continue to be that. You saw him trying to get that across in that Super Bowl ad, and I think if we'd have you know, the people who went and focus group that so super Bowl ad, they could have done it from our focus group because the messages they were looking for were exactly the same, leaning in on the brand and leaning in on independence. Someone new in the field rather than the old.
Speaker 3: Politicians ran nostalgia.
Speaker 2: It's not political, it's more of a rejection of the existing choice vote independent being very strong.
Speaker 1: My last question for you, James, which may be a difficult one to answer, but I'm just curious as a polster what your thoughts on this are there's a lot of debate about who RFK quote unquote takes more votes from right. Some of his issues code more right wing, on vaccines, on Ukraine, on quote unquote cancel culture, and early on his favorability was higher with Republicans than it was with Democrats. I think that continues to be the case. However, he is a Kennedy and when you actually look at the polling that comes out, it kind of seems like a wash. Which candidate he helps or hurts the most, and it kind of varies poll to poll. So do you have a sense, after talking to these individuals, whether Biden or Trump should be more concerned about an RFK junior candidacy.
Speaker 3: I think it's both of them.
Speaker 10: Our most recent national poll showed that it was exactly the same po coming coming from both Trump and Biden, And when you look at the voters he can grow into, it's also both. Who would I know, if you really had to push me, who would I say we most concerned? I would say Biden And that's just because he's got slightly lower approval ratings than Donald Trump and.
Speaker 1: Weaker supporters, Like weaker support is Trump, people freaking love the guy. Biden people are like, he's fine, I guess.
Speaker 10: And then you know he is the disenchantment candidate RFK Junior, and therefore the candidate who people are most disenchanted by has the most to lose.
Speaker 3: That's a really smart point.
Speaker 2: It's about negative polarization for a lot of Biden support, so that can be split very much with RFK and James. You did a fantastic job as always. We really appreciate you GLP partners and all this for doing this with us.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely disenchantment candidate. I think that's why I like that phrase. I'm going to steal that one.
Speaker 4: Great to see.
Speaker 2: Okay, So as you guys, also thanks to Crystal, she broke this all down for you. We had an extraordinary report on Thursday afternoon when the Special count the Department of Justice came out with a report that President Biden cannot face trial for his wilful negligence on classified document storage because he's too old and infirm and no jury would convict a man who had forgotten when his own son had died.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: President Biden appears was very ticked off by that response, and he gave his first press conference in quite some time to try and to lay concerns about his age, and it went well, it was interesting.
Speaker 17: Let's take a listen, thank you, and I'll take some questions, President Biden.
Speaker 6: Something the Special Counsel said in his report is that one of the reasons you were not charged is because, in his description, you are a well meaning elderly man with a poor memory.
Speaker 17: I'm well meeting and I'm an elderly man, and I know what the hell I'm doing. I'm in President. I put this country back on his feet. I don't need his recommendation.
Speaker 9: It's totally your memory.
Speaker 6: And can you continue?
Speaker 17: It's President, my memory is so bad, I let you speak. That's that's that's worse. My memory is not got. My memory is fine. My memory. Take a look at what I've done since I become president. None even thought I could pass any of the things I got passed.
Speaker 3: How'd that happen?
Speaker 17: You know? I guess I just forgot.
Speaker 3: What was going on.
Speaker 4: For months when you were at about their age, you would.
Speaker 1: Respond with the words, watch me while any American people have been watching and they have expressed concerns about your age.
Speaker 17: That is your judgment. That is your judgment the public. That is not the judgment for the press. It's initially the President of Mexico CCI did not want to open up the gate to allow humanitarian material to get in. I talked to him. I convinced to open the gate.
Speaker 3: He convinced him to open the gate.
Speaker 2: And a person he's talking about there, Crystal, the President of Mexico CC, he means the President of Egypt. So in a press conference to a lay concerns about his age and confused the president of Mexico and of Egypt, which you know, maybe in a one off situation you can forgive it. But in a scenario like this where he the Special Council of selves as he literally forgot wherein his own son died, that he appeared to be confused, that he appeared not to have a well big grasp of what was going on.
Speaker 3: That's simply extraordinary.
Speaker 2: And you know, these are basic facts like they're trying to go after, and we'll show people in a bit attacks on the Special Council. He either forgot or he didn't forget whenever his son died, Like it's a very basic thing. And look, I know this sounds awful and it's mean, but he's the one in trying to ask us to entrust him with four or five years more in office. I'm sorry, you know, these concerns just simply have to be voiced, or we're all going to feel like we're taking crazy pills.
Speaker 1: ABC News Episodes has a new pull out eighty six percent of American survey I think President Joe Biden is too old to serve at another term eighty six percent. Perhaps the problem isn't with the Special Council, right, Perhaps eighty six percent of Americans are not insane and delusional. They can see right what is right in front of their faces and sager, you're exactly right. Listen, we need misspeak. Sometimes it doesn't mean necessarily you have dementia, but when you look at the pattern, yes, we're talking about Just in the last couple of weeks, this man has cited two different foreign leaders that have been long dead in stories that supposedly just happened, Mitterrand who died in the nineties and Helmut Cole, who died some six seven years ago. Okay, it wasn't just that he forgot, you know, within several years when his son passed. He also couldn't say when he was even vice president of the United States. There were some other details there that got a little bit less attention, which to me are just as significant, which is he couldn't remember which side of an issue a key ally was on. He couldn't explain the details of debates around Afghanistan, something that he, you know, was once incredibly well versed in. You know, I almost feel like I don't even have to say these things because obviously eighty six percent of American people already see it in the front of their eyes. In terms of the political choice of this press conference, of course, it ends up in complete disaster because of the mix up of the Mexican and Egyptian president. He had, you know, incredibly pissed off, cranky, old man energy. I think it probably would have been wiser if he was up to actually sitting for the Super Bowl interview, rather than in this reactionary way coming out and trying to give a press conference to prove you're not senile, which is, you know, not a great position to take it. You could see the press was really out for blood. They were gunning for him, They went all in. If he was able to competently handle himself during the Super Bowl interview, that would probably have been a better approach, but there's a reason why he.
Speaker 4: And his team opted not to do that.
Speaker 1: Either he or his team or both have zero confidence that he would actually be able to handle that task. So you just look at this and you're like, what the hell are we doing here?
Speaker 4: It is complete insanity.
Speaker 1: And then I just want to say, on the substance of the Special Council report, you know, I think it's entirely fair for Democrats to say Trump's mishandling of classified documents was more egregious, There was more clear, appears to be more clear wilful intent in terms of moving documents around and hiding in them. All of that, and the level of classification may have been higher. I think all of that is incredibly fair. But I also think it is quite apparent that the standard that Biden is being held to, well, this.
Speaker 4: Is a cenail man, what are you gonna do? Can't charge him?
Speaker 1: And the standard that anyone else in the government with this level of mishandling of classified documents would be held to are two totally different things. And so frankly, I think it's outrageous that these people in power get a pass for things that other ordinary workers within the government or ordinary service members would not be allowed to get away with Look.
Speaker 2: At the Discord guy they got, Yeah, he was an idiot, a right lead to stuff on discord.
Speaker 3: He's god to go jil for the rest of his life. He's probably gonna die in prison, all right.
Speaker 1: And he didn't even you know, they look literally anyway nobody else.
Speaker 3: I mean during the Hillary case, I covered a couple of guy.
Speaker 2: There was a guy with a nuclear submarine and he accidentally leaked a photo or whatever, same thing. He was thrown up in jail. This is the Trump campaign used to talk about it all the time. If you read the report, as you said, Biden's main defense is, oh.
Speaker 3: It's my Staf's fault. It's like, it wasn't your Staf's fault.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: The report, Clay lays out very very clearly that you willfully told biographers just as Trump did. Quote that's probably classified, but whatever, I mean, we don't have to get into it, because the real main takeaway is not about the documents. It's that you are so old you could not remember basic facts about your life presented defense and the Department of Justice has concluded that you cannot stand trial and yet he wants to run the country. And so MSNBC, what is their cope, what they could possibly.
Speaker 3: Come up with?
Speaker 2: Well, they've certainly come up with a new narrative. Let's take a lesson.
Speaker 18: Now that we have this closed and final report. Her looks like the Trump holdover prosecutor. Here looks like having gotten the thing that helps you get the most facts possible, a timely interview with a very busy and very legally protected figure, the President the United States, and having gotten the answers that helped him reach the conclusion that there was no crime. He then started to cherry pick the interview for his spin on basically what he perceives to be mister Hurd's opinion, derogatory information. I think Lawrence hit it on the head, and it bears repeating that it.
Speaker 3: Is standard ops to say. I don't recall that.
Speaker 18: The former president in other cases recently has said it and many If you want to get to the age thing, because this is let's call it what it is. This is agism snuck into a report clearing the person of any wrongdoing. If you want to get into the agism, young people are told all the time by their lawyers, Hey, you're way better off leaning into I don't recall, than possibly misstating something to a federal officer or under oath in this case.
Speaker 19: Is that the fact of his age is not something you can rebut he can't be you can't tact to if someone says you're too far left, you can tack to the center.
Speaker 3: There's no the man is eighty years old.
Speaker 2: He rides a bike, but he is the age he is, and.
Speaker 3: So it's a very useful political attack for that.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 19: Along with the legal conclusion comes this flood of characterizations, factual mistation, and pejorative comments about the president that are inconsistent with DOJ policy and norms, and that, as you see over the last forty eight hours, have been widely criticized by legal experts.
Speaker 3: This is not what prosecutors do. It is shoddy work product. It's shoddy work product.
Speaker 2: I mean, did I not live through a whole work cycle of these people can do no wrong, and their heroes and anyone who questions them.
Speaker 3: Was above the No one is above the law. How many times we have that drum doing to us.
Speaker 2: Now they're attacking him apparently because the man can ride a bike. Listen, I've seen a lot of eighty year olds on a bike.
Speaker 3: They're on freaking retirement.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're not asking us to be run for re election for access to the nuclear codes where they're forget. Whether they forget something or not does not have world altering consequences. Like you, I feel nuts having to even articulate this because the vast majority of people.
Speaker 3: Agree with me, but apparently I do.
Speaker 2: You know, we're living in an area where they call it agism. That's not agism. It is a basic acknowledgment of reality. You could sling insults and all that if you want, but you know the way the jiu jitsu these people are trying to use to to make themselves okay with this, it's just crazy. Just admit the truth. Well, just say you hate Trump so you don't care anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the layers of cope are just sort of entertaining to me. I was interested to see what would happen here, and I think they just realized, like, we got no choice but to circle the wagons at this point because it's too late to do anything else. So there was a moment right when the report dropped, and then when Biden gave that presser where it was like, oh, are they going to actually they going to actually try to do something here? Are they going to actually try be honest about, you know, the state of the president and whether or not he has a chance at beating Donald Trump and whether this is actually the best candidate for the Democratic Party to put forward. But nope, said, they decided to go in the total opposite direction and completely circle the wagons. And the reason why the cop is so amusing to me is because, on the one hand, it's it's agism and how dare you questions age?
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, they're going to great lengths to find Trump misspeaking, which she's been doing a lot lately too.
Speaker 4: I mean, he is it is true, he is also an old man.
Speaker 1: But so it's like, okay, so are they both snile? Is it okay to criticize this one's age but not that one's age. Is Joe Biden actually totally fine?
Speaker 4: Or is he?
Speaker 1: You know, is Trump having the same type of mental lapses? And so you know, we're just supposed to say, well, I guess we have no choice but to elect some senile president or another. It's pretty incredible what's going on right now. But I mean we did see this before soccer with Diane Feinstein, and yeah, I was much less important as one single senator in a state that is going to be democratic, whether it was her or someone else. And the lengths that Pelosi in particular was willing to go to to cover up the extent of her decline for years and years and years, all the way up until the very end where this lady is casting both just before while she should be on her deathbed and literally dying.
Speaker 4: What was it that day or the next day.
Speaker 1: It was astonishing that they were willing to go to those lengths and deny reality that was right in front of the faces of the American people. So it shouldn't be surprised that they would be willing to sink to those steps with this president as well.
Speaker 2: One of the reasons I went so hard on the pain on that and on McConnell as well as y as I can tell, there's a standard being set right, They're all protecting each other, and it's like Feinstein at a certain point she had that. One of the reasons to go as hard there is because she was genuinely on the verge of death, like she came back at the risk of her own legacy.
Speaker 3: The people around her were all popping her up.
Speaker 2: McConnell is the same way the man is frozen twice on camera and we're all just supposed to like move past that, right.
Speaker 3: Oh, I guess it's cool.
Speaker 2: You know, he's the same age as the president, by the way, and same here with Biden.
Speaker 3: Just look at him, literally, look at him.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you see how long it takes him to open a single page.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm sorry that this sounds mean.
Speaker 2: It's not person it's about the fact that he wants to run the country. He's the one who's confusing the president of Mexico with Egypt in the middle of a literal international crisis. And if people want to see the cope also that people are coming up with, let's put this up there. Just just take a look at some of these, they say. Just Joe Scarborough MSNBC. He couldn't indict Biden legally, so he tried to indict Biden politically. Oh really, because actually the entire thing was about how he could have indicted him legally, but that no jury would convict him.
Speaker 3: Matt Iglesius quote, this is fucking bullshit.
Speaker 2: You appoint a Republican special counsel to investigate, he investigates, the investigation does not reveal a crime. So instead of saying all good, he goes off and does partisan political hits another, Oh, y'all are so funny, dunking on an eighty one year old's poor memory, like you don't use a password manager, lose your phone anywhere from six to thirty times a day, and dig the pizza box out of the garbage to check bake time.
Speaker 3: And then, my.
Speaker 2: Personal favorite contrarian take today's report dramatically lowers expectations of Biden's abilities, lowering the bar for what he needs to do is succeed incoming appearances. All of these are completely crazy. I mean, how much lower can the bar even be? What are we talking about here? You know, in terms of the American.
Speaker 1: Loans for our presidents to have a super low bar eighty six inspiration.
Speaker 2: Eighty six percent say he's too old eighty six percent.
Speaker 3: Now let me say this, that doesn't mean.
Speaker 2: A lot of people want to go to vote for him. A lot of people are probably still going to vote for him. A lot of people will say, ie, Trump enough that I'm willing to take the risk. I think that's nuts, but hey, you know, you do what you want. My point, though, is just that you the age question itself. Think about the standard we are setting America from all the way at the top, where Chuck Schumer, who is seventy six is the spring Chicken, and Senate leadership.
Speaker 3: It's totally crazy.
Speaker 2: Even you know, Nancy Pelosi, the shadow leader of the Democratic Party, eighty one, Mitch McConnell freezing twice, Trump, Biden, everybody, I mean, all of these people are basically I mean, in some cases they're older than grandparents of people who can vote today. That's just something where we need to really internalize what that standard, as you said, about the actual bear for the president should be, and that that's how you have institutional collapse, degradation, and well that's you know, things are going to happen if Biden gets re elected, which had not happened since Franklin Roosevelt was reelected for a fourth term where he could basically stop, not stop drooling out of the left side of his mouth, and they rolled him all the way up to the mic just to make sure they could go him over and By the way, we've passed a new constitutional amendment to say that can never happen again in terms of just you know, rolling having a popular president just continue to get re elected over and over again.
Speaker 1: Well the coke from Jonathan Chait and his has been okay. Next level is that, well, Reagan was c now, so it's fine. Reagan was c now on the second term, So Biden c now and the second home, Eh, what are you going to do? We just have the AIDS take over because we're all voting for the presidential aids. No, we're voting for this individual person to be the leader of the country, supposedly the most powerful person on the planet, commander in chief. It is I just it's hard for me around my head around how.
Speaker 3: We got here.
Speaker 4: It really truly is.
Speaker 1: There was another poll that I think is maybe the most devastating poll I have seen for Joe Biden yet the eighty six percent saying is too old.
Speaker 4: That's really bad.
Speaker 1: But NBC News ask voters how the Biden and Trump administrations had matched up with their expectations. Only fourteen percent said Biden was better than expected. Forty two percent said worse than expected. Trump it's almost reversed. Forty percent actually said that he was better than expected, and twenty nine percent said worse than expected. And the numbers with independence are even more lopsided. So the reason this is devastating is because, you know, as perhaps memories have faded of what the Trump arrow was like, et cetera, et cetera. You know, used to really be an advantage to be the incumbent president, but right now it's actually better. I think the memory fades of how terrible you were while you were in office. And so the fact that you have so many people saying, you know, what Trump actually wasn't so bad, it was not as bad as I can expected, and Biden is way worse than I expect. I think that is incredibly devastating in terms of their political positioning heading into that next election. And you know, in this way, Chris Hayes, in that little MSNBC coke clip that we played where Rachel Maddow is like, well.
Speaker 4: He's not too old because he can ride a bike.
Speaker 1: We're not electing him to ride a freaking bicycle. And by the way, we watch him fall off of that bike before too. But the thing that Chris Hayes said about like there's nothing you can do to Rebut this is true. It's true, and not just because his age is what it is, but because his capabilities.
Speaker 4: Are what they are.
Speaker 1: He is not going to be able to sit for the interview and knock it out of the park, give the press conference and knock it out of the park when he says, you know, are you too old?
Speaker 4: Just watch me? Well we are.
Speaker 1: They have seen you, and that's exactly the problem. And by the way, you're doing everything you can do hide yourself from the American people. And for good reason. We understand why your staff and why the people around you are trying to text you from being exposed to any camera, because even though that is a bad option, it is the best move that they have on the table to try to hide the actual state of.
Speaker 4: Your condition here.
Speaker 1: So it really is an astonishing situation that we're facing at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I felt so reading that I was stunned. I thought, maybe for once, something will happen. Anybody, Gavin, you know, anyone that they can drag in there. They're trying to set up Kamma. But at this point it's cleared. They're like they're gonna do the same thing that the Republicans did after the mar Lago rate. They're circling the wagons. This is it, guys, like, don't delude yourself. Unless he's dead, They're not gonna drag him out. And it just is what it is. Let's move on to Hillary. I was honestly kind of surprised by this, although I guess every once in a while, you know, broken clock is right twice a day, and all of that. Hillary Clinton weighing on and says, actually, Joe Biden's age.
Speaker 3: It is a legitimate issue. Here's what she had to say.
Speaker 20: Or should he embrace his you know, eight decades on earth and the great wisdom he's through all of this, I mean high above, oh yeah above. I mean, you know, I talk to people in the White House all the time, and you know they know it's an issue. But as I like to say, look, it's a legitimate issue.
Speaker 3: It's a legitimate.
Speaker 20: Issue for Trump who's only three years younger, right, So it's an issue. Once you say that, then you have to also talk about what's at stake in the election. And I'm for Joe Biden for reelection on the merits.
Speaker 3: It's a legitimate issue on the merits. I'm Joe Biden.
Speaker 21: Eight.
Speaker 2: Of course, she tries to deflect, you know, onto Trump, like what are we doing she made? How many attacks did she make against Trump? And how many implications you know, the same things she fell for all these like Trump health conspiracy theories. And we have a glaring actual conspiracy theory here, like right, and not even a conspiracy theory, glaring fact, like right in front of all of our faces. But like I said before in our previous block, this is the strategy. They are going to circle the wagons. They are running this man until the end unless he literally dies. And I don't I honestly, I don't know how they can morally come to turn with that. I was talking previously Crystal about the FDR fourth term.
Speaker 3: The people around him knew he was going to die.
Speaker 2: They knew he was going to die, And in many ways they actually were very similar in their arrogance with the way they handled Truman.
Speaker 3: Where they selected Truman. Truman only got to meet.
Speaker 2: FDR three times before he assumed office eighty three days into the presidency. They never told him about the Manhattan Project. We had an entire war in Europe going on Hitler's you know, suicide and all this other stuff. He was not prepared for it at all. The people around him, Harry Hopkins and other ads, they were running the country.
Speaker 3: They literally were running the country. Nobody.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe if you read the New York Times at that time, you might have known Harry Hopkins name. You don't know, you know, the secret Service agent who's running the guy around and the people who were really running the country.
Speaker 3: We basically had.
Speaker 2: An actual like military coup for eighty three days in this country and nobody knew about it. I mean, I think that's what we're signing up for, something like this, and no one is.
Speaker 3: Being honest to us. But the ease if they're asking for four years and.
Speaker 2: Then with Kamala too, we all better get real comfortable with the idea of Kamala as president. If you're going to pull that lever for Biden, you've got to really think about that, because people didn't think about that at the time.
Speaker 3: In nineteen forty four.
Speaker 2: Most of the people, many of the troops who were serving in World War Two, they're like, who the hell is Harry Truman? They after you had been president for twelve years. They barely even remembered you know, Hoover at that time. That's the level of insanity that we haven't lived, you know, through seventy six years or something like that, that they're trying to foist on us.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The thing with the Hilary comments that's interesting to me is I believe that interview was recorded before the Special Council report came out, because it look appears to be part of that same interview that we covered last week where she made her comments about Tucker and the you know, puppy dog or whatever the hell she said about that situation. And so I wonder if after the report, with the circling of the wagons, if she would have said the same thing maybe, because I do think it's important because you know, part of why those comments from Hillary got as much traction as they did is because there was a sense of like, oh, maybe the power brokers behind the scenes and the Democratic Party or trying to make a move to take out Biden whatever whatever.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 1: First of all, you need to know that the Democratic Party is just not that organized, Like I don't think that there is some cabal behind the scenes that is really capable of just pushing him out and inserting in their favorite candidate, whether that's Kamla.
Speaker 4: Or Gavin or Pete or whoever that would would be.
Speaker 1: So I actually think before the report came out, it was probably more acceptable to just vaguely acknowledge.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, he's a legitimate issue, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, obviously on the Marins, I'm for Joe Biden, et cetera, et cetera. Now there is a heightened sensitivity where I think it will be more radioactive within these sort of like mainstream democratic establishment in their media organs to suggest such a thing.
Speaker 4: That's kind of my read into that.
Speaker 1: But the other thing that I'll say about this is, I mean Hillary is younger than Biden, but she's obviously.
Speaker 4: Older as well.
Speaker 1: The thing that always blows my mind is Bill Clinton, who obviously's president in the nineties, is younger than Joe Biden, which blows my mind. But you know, counter to the point of ageism, if you talk to older folks, like they're aware of their own aging, they're aware of their own limitations, they're aware of the fact that it would be you know, incredibly onerous and difficult and you know, put potentially beyond their capability to be president at this later stage in their life.
Speaker 4: And you also look at it like, you're why would you want to do that? You could be on a beach, enjoying.
Speaker 1: Your family and living account your golden years and with you know, some sort of a legacy that you know, I personally wouldn't be proud of, but you probably would be proud of instead. You know, you're You're Diane Feinstein, this is your life, this is it.
Speaker 4: You only have one of them.
Speaker 1: And then you know, you couple that with the incredible damage if you know, if you really believe as I do, that Trump is an existential threat to the country and that I don't want them to see him back in the White House, and all of those things. I think of the incredible risk that you're taking with the country, just the level of arrogance, and it is astonishing the level of risk they're willing to take with their party, the country, the world is truly something to behold. I can't run my head around it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to both of your point.
Speaker 2: I remember I won't give away his name, but a very very famous, a world famous.
Speaker 3: Person, and had dinner with him in like twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: He's seventy eight years old it was at the time, which is exactly how old Biden was whenever he took the oath of office, and he looked at me and he was like, look, I'm seventy eight years old. The idea that I could be president is batshit crazy. And this man today is much more, much more put together than Joe Biden was, and he had the wherewithal to know that about himself. And he's like, I've accomplished a lot. People know my name, you know, you know, I've done a lot of good things. I'm just going to retire and I'm going to have you know, I have good times, my golden years, my wife, my grandchildren.
Speaker 3: That's what most people in this position would do Biden.
Speaker 2: You know, in many respects too, it's not like this is a call of service thing because it's about narcisses. It has been running for president since nineteen eighty eight, Like he's desperate to do this.
Speaker 3: He finally the stars aligned for him to get him there.
Speaker 2: There's a huge portion of this too, where I don't know if you noticed whenever that reporter was said to him. You know, it's the the American people feel as if you're too old to be present. He was like, that is not that is your judgment. That is not the judgment of the press. I'm not sure what he meant exactly by that, but I think what he meant is that it's not the judgment of the people. But that's not true. That is the overwhelming judgment of the people. But again, you see characteristics that are typical of the elderly, ornery all you know, agitated, not wanting to grapple with reality, very difficult, you know, egomaniac, very what's sensitive about having authority, challenge, feeling as if losing a grasp on things around you, not secure And these were all characteristics they already had before it was old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything just you know, what is the whole thing about being old?
Speaker 2: It just exacerbates who you were, you become even more so what you already are.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with that. It probably happens to everybody, but we see it all on display. You can see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, your patience just runs thin. Your you know, your ability to like control or temper or whatever. This is again not a judgment. I mean it's when I'm eighty, I'm not going to have a.
Speaker 4: Use for you know.
Speaker 1: Visical city I tell you what I think too, But you know, it's it shows like it really shows Branco Marca Teach pointed out, and I thought this was a good point, that this really puts into context the David Ignacious column in particular. But there are a few others at that time, maybe about a year ago, that was sort of like gently encouraging Joe Biden to step aside. And one of the other layers of cope that we've seen is this, like, well, if he was really that infirm and that adult, there are a million reporters in this town who would love to report it, and so we know all about it. And I think that that's really silly because look at how long they hit Diane Fine Stanstein's condition. The reporters in this town know that if they want any prayer of access to not just Biden, but anyone in the White House, anyone in this administration, they've got to.
Speaker 4: Toe the line.
Speaker 1: And that is one line that it would be very difficult for them to cross and maintain any sort of access, et cetera.
Speaker 4: They know that.
Speaker 1: But also it's not like there were some signs and inklings in the press like that David Ignatius column indicating that you know there's some issues here and preserve your legacy. Step aside that gentle suggestion. Obviously it wasn't taken. And where we are, where we are, And I agree with you, Sager. Anyone who is deluding themselves to think there's some sort of back room conspiracy going on to replace Joe Biden and push them out and then they finally realize that this isn't going to go well for them, I would not get your hopes up because I think this is just this is what it is. They've circled the wagons, They've decided this is their guy, Come what may. They don't really care about the consequences, and I guess we're the ones who all have.
Speaker 4: To live with it.
Speaker 3: God help us.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's move on to Donald Trump also making some interesting eyebrow raising comments which have set off a firestorm in Washington and on the newspaper columnists of America. Donald Trump weighing in on an alleged conversation I'm going to say alleged with a European leader of NATO asking to Trump allegedly whether Trump would defend him, and he said no, I would not defend you if you don't pay your bills. In fact, I would tell Russia do whatever the hell they want. Let's take a listen to what he said.
Speaker 22: The presidents of a big country stood up said, well, sir, if we don't pay and we're attacked by Russia, will you protect us. I said, you didn't pay your delinquent. He said, yes, let's say that happened. No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want.
Speaker 3: You gotta pay, you gotta pay, Crystal.
Speaker 2: This has set off some of the most deranged discourse that I've personally seen since twenty sixteen. Whenever he said something similar at one point, the front page of the Financial Times, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, and there's one other I think, the the Big five, I guess, as you could say, all had the exact same headline, which was like Trump to abandon allies, encourage Russians to attack. Now, first of all, that's not what he said. He didn't say abandon allies. He said, if you don't pay your bills the minimum two percent threshold, then I would encourage Russia to do whatever the hell they want. That's not the same thing as saying that you are abandoning the NATO treaty. Second, and this is obviously something I feel very strongly about about Europeans who are not pulling their weight. I have the official NATO numbers right here in front of me. The majority of the NATO alliance, even after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, including the great powers from Germany and France. Germany and France and Italy, some of the biggest economies in the world, do not spend the minimum two percent on the NATO guideline.
Speaker 3: Now, they can do what they want, but remember.
Speaker 2: That it's supposed to be a mutually beneficial pack that is happening here.
Speaker 3: So anyway, with all of that, and curious for what you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I have a few things to say about this. I mean, first of all, of all, as you said, like the conversation probably didn't.
Speaker 3: Happen, He's probably not obviously didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's number one. Number two. I mean, listen, this is a crazy thing to say, to be like, hey, Russia, go ahead and invade whoever the hell you want. Like, I don't support that. I think that's an outrageous thing to say. I think it's part of why, like, you know, having him as commander in chief is once again is a terrifying prospect, as he is incredibly impulsive and all over the map, and he was not the peacenick that his supporters try to claim that he was. So there's that, Like, I don't think the comments were good. Now I'm someone I'm not a big NATO person, you know, and I certainly don't support the expansion of NATO. So all the freak out about the NATO alliance and the sanctity of it and oh my god, he is going to go after NATO, et cetera, et cetera. I find that part a little bit silly, not only because I'm not a NATO person, but because he also didn't really do that time he was president. And this is one thing that you know, I think you have to consider his words, but I think you also have to consider what his actual policy was as president. And this is where, you know, we're just kind of getting back to this like Russia Gate impulse within the mainstream press, within the Democratic Party, et cetera, which took just his words and his seeming you know, often voiced sympathy and affection for Putin and did not consider the fact that his actions were actually in the totally opposite direction. He was very hawkish towards Russia, did not in fact give them what they want, did in fact like bolster Ukraine and ship weapons to them in ways that even Obama was not willing to do so. I just think that the dialogue becomes very unhinged when you only take those comments and project them into policy and don't also look at the actual policies that he pursues.
Speaker 2: So obvious and true right to anybody who is a genuine observer of this, I honestly wish we'd seen more of that guy whenever he was president.
Speaker 3: Trump expanded NATO. Trump is the one who put freaking North Macedonia into the US nuclear umbrella.
Speaker 2: Do people even know in North Macedonia as a country, did you know that you're signed up for nuclear war that if they get attacked? Anyone want to riddle me that about why exactly that makes sense? Or Montenegro Again, people may know from a Bond movie that's their most extent they're going to know anything about freaking Montenegro.
Speaker 3: Also, now we're all signed up to die for Finland.
Speaker 2: And Sweden, which is great obviously, countries that have previously been at war with Russia awesome. Now let's think too about the actual substance where everyone's like he's going to abandon NATO. Trump shipped weapons to Ukraine. Trump was one of the most incompetent commanders in chief of our lifetime in actually executing what he wanted.
Speaker 3: He wanted to withdraw from Syria.
Speaker 2: Who just died Crystal troops doing what exactly right?
Speaker 3: Oh, the ones who were insane.
Speaker 2: Trump said he was gonna bond or he's going to pull us out of Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: That didn't happen, signed.
Speaker 2: A peace deal, he tried to do it allegedly or whatever at the end, never happened. Biden is the one who ended up actually pulling through with it. Trump was the one who told us that he was going to force NATO to pay their fair share. Not none of that happened, and in fact, most of their defense spending remain static until the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and then even the measly Baltic countries are the only ones who are paying up and they barely mean anything in.
Speaker 3: Absolute terms of military power.
Speaker 2: It's like I can go on and on forever in terms of like what he actually did. But that's part of why it is so infuriating, because I'm like, I wish he would be more like this if he were to president. If he did this, I would support him even more. I'd be like, absolutely, congratulations, Please make them actually pay their fair share. But that's not what happens. It's like NATO at this point is a religion. And then that's what I've really come to understand. Ukraine and NATO allegiance is a literal religion of the columnists and the foreign policy elite in this country. They think it's like nineteen seventy six or whatever in the Soviet, big bad Soviet Union is on the horizon, and all this complete nonsense. I mean even here in Ukraine, Ukraine is not in NATO. Ukraine borders NATO. That's different, it's not the same thing. They treat it as an attack on NATO. It's like, well, then what does that mean? Every country that borders NATO is now also in NATO. So there's no limiting principle to any of this. So it's one of those where the freak out does not match the action. And then even then consider this, majority of people at this point are against against more funding to Ukraine. How can you try and run this like NATO scam again electorally after the majority of people see through your bs.
Speaker 3: Blob talking points. So that's it.
Speaker 2: Finally, then we have to get to Nikki Haley, who of course is seizing on this.
Speaker 3: You know she's running on NATO.
Speaker 2: I guess she's going after Trump for saying that he would quote unquote abandon NATO, even though that's not what he said.
Speaker 3: Here's what she had to say.
Speaker 21: NATO has been a success story for the last seventy five years.
Speaker 3: But what bothers me about.
Speaker 21: This is, don't take the side of a thug who kills his opponents. Don't take the side of someone who has gone in and invaded a country and half a million people have died or been wounded because of Putin. Don't take the side of someone who continues to lie. I dealt with Russia every day. The last thing we ever want to do is side with Russia. What we always need to remember is America needs to have friends. After September tenth, we needed a lot of friends. We can never get into the point where we don't need friends.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's like, look at the way that she talks about it. It's like a religion. It's like friendship. Friendship is supposed to be mutually beneficial, not one person taking something out of your pocket for seventy five years straight.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it, like the way that they talk, you know, freak or whatever about about this. And I also just genuinely think this is a popular position amongst the American people if you frame it the way I did around you know, it's like, listen, if you don't pay, then what exactly you're not fulfilling your obligations that you all mutually agreed to over a decade ago and then especially post Ukraine. I don't know how they can think like being pro NATO is a popular position outside of like the DC electorate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean again, listen, I don't want to say, like I thought it was, comments were great, because encouraging Russia to like invade wherever the hell they want is insane. Don't support it. It's just like imperialism. Also with regard to NATO. You know, I don't think I do share that same position, because if you're calling for Europeans to increase funding of NATO. What you're really looking at is pushing increasing even more funding to Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Not really right, But it's not really calling for like.
Speaker 1: You know, cutting back NATO or you know, curtailing it or even moving forward with the war in Ukraine. And that's the other thing is, like, you know, he made some comments about the Ukraine war. He doesn't really talk about these things anymore. His position's very unclear, and it was very all over the map from the beginning. You know, sometimes he'd be more hawkish in what he said than Joe Biden. Then when he realized there was a political lane for him to be, you know, calling for a negotiated solution, then he was, oh, well make a deal on day one. Who the hell knows what this guy is going to do when he's actually in office. That's the real truth is the things that he says, the things that he does, the things that he wants to do versus the things he's actually capable of doing are two totally different things. But you know, at this point, to have a total panic freak ount over some comments related to NATO when he wasn't able to deliver on any of that or push forward any of that agenda last time around. I just think, you know, the freak coount is not justified.
Speaker 3: Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean actually, Michael Tracy went back and pulled all these predictions made by David Frum in July twenty sixteen of what would happen with NATO, not a single one came true. He's like, NATO will be abandoned, Trump will pull us out of not one like expansion, increase of funding, more NATO friendly policy, consistently allowing the NATO Secretary General Stultenberg to basically roll him, and Sultenberg would smile at Trump and be like, yeah, absolutely, just keep giving us a little bit more money. And Trump would be like, okay, sure, you know the NATO Secretary General told me he was going to do it. It's like he was so easily to manipulate and to influence. And honestly, we don't talk enough about that, you know. And Trump supporters and them too, they don't, they don't don't really with any of that.
Speaker 3: Let's move on.
Speaker 2: We just had to throw this in for fun because of the super Bowl. Let's go ahead, put this up there on the screen. Trump in the most Trumpian way, possible has now taken credit for Taylor Swift's more recent financial success. She says, I signed and was responsible for the Music Modernization Act for Taylor Swift and all other musical artists. Joe Biden do and do anything for Taylor and never will. There's no way she can endorse crooked Joe Biden, the worst and most corrupt president in the history of our country, and be disloyal to the man who made her so much money. Besides that, I like her boyfriend Travis, even though he may be a liberal capital l and probably can't stand So.
Speaker 3: You know, one thing you.
Speaker 2: Can always say about Trump is that he is smarter than many of his online supporters. He's like, yeah, Taylor is super popular. I'm not going to attack her. I'm going to take credit for her success. And now she does move against me. You know, I can roll my eyes or whatever, but he understands the popularity of what he's dealing with, especially you know, in the whole America's couple thing in light of what happened last night at the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: So I actually thought it was smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, people are waiting for him to weigh in with his own like Taylor swift deep state conspiracy. But I never thought that was going to come because he is intelligent enough to know that he says he loves I mean, he loves celebrity. This is not a man who does not care for celebrity. This man freagain loves celebrity. And so it does not surprise me at all that he put out something that was just basically like supportive of both Taylor and Travis. And it also comes sagerum Or recovered last week calling for people to give bud Light a second chance. You know, he doesn't have to win over these like insane people that are online supporters of him that fabricated this tailor Nato, Soros, bud Light, Pfizer conspiracy theory.
Speaker 4: They're gonna vote for him. So he's got a.
Speaker 1: Much better grasp of like, you know, normy instinct of America. And so does this like really move the needle in either direction, No, not really, But I just think it once again just demonstrates that he has good political instincts and that's why he was prisident of the United States and may well be president of the United States again.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, you know, And of course the amount of earned media that he's getting, you know, from this, people are like, people are posting it everywhere, like Lord Trump is taking credit for Taylor and all of that. I just thought it was a smart play. Same thing with Travis Kelcey. I mean, look, I'm not a big Travis Kelcey fan, and I'll tell you why. For one reason, I cannot stand the way that man dresses.
Speaker 3: I was all in for Brock. Brock wears a suit to the game.
Speaker 2: Travis wears some glittery streetwear monstrosity which won't even be in fashion a year from now. But again, he's not dumb. He understands that the Kelsey Brothers are like a national brand. They've one of the most popular podcasts. Why would you want to alienate? And they're like, you know, cast yourself on the side of one of the most popular football players. He's not even football player at this point. I mean he's in stratospheric celebrity level status. The two of them together, it's like one of the most powerful brands in America today, whether you like it or not. And so Trump is the same thing. He's like, I'm going to be on their side. I'm not going to be quote unquote antagonistic. I'm going to try and throw this thing out out there about the Music Modernization Act and maybe hope that she doesn't endorse Biden, even.
Speaker 3: Though, look, she's gonna endorse Biden. She endorsed him last time around.
Speaker 2: So that's why part of the reason why everyone's like it's a siop, I'm like, guy, she already did it. Though it would be a sip. She'd never endorsed anybody, but she already wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: A siy anyway.
Speaker 1: Most of Hollywood is just liberal, like she has some standard issue normal as politics.
Speaker 4: And she barely talks about politics. So what did you see? I didn't really look online.
Speaker 1: Did you see much conservative commentary online or right wing commentary about the fact that the Chiefs won, Because I.
Speaker 4: Know the whole theory.
Speaker 1: The theory was the games can be rigged, Chiefs are going to win, and then Travis is gonna propose to Taylor, and then Taylor is gonna endorse Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: And I did see some would you say and all that, Well.
Speaker 1: There aren't many to like really super controversial call.
Speaker 2: Look, our technical director Colvin was explaining it to me.
Speaker 3: So I am not a football expert.
Speaker 2: But basically there's like a lot of upset about the overtime rules and previously used to be sudden death and it's not sudden death, and the Chiefs were able to win based on that, and so obviously Chiefs fans are happy about it.
Speaker 3: Forty nine that wasn't changed.
Speaker 1: Like I agree, it was just changed like in the heat of the moment, because like, oh, we need to give the Chiefs an edge here.
Speaker 2: But I and I saw a couple of forty nine ers, guys be like this is WWE Now it's not the NFL anymore.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you watch it.
Speaker 2: I mean, look again, I only watched the first half. I didn't watch the rest because I went to bed and I'm an old man.
Speaker 3: But I woke up.
Speaker 2: I looked at the Yeah, it looked fun. It looked like, you know, things were you know, down to the wire up until the last minute. Forty nine Ers had a very very real chance of winning the game. So no, I don't think it was rigged. Do I think that you know that Kelsey and Swift and all of them are going to capitalize on this, Yeah, but like not for political reasons.
Speaker 3: I think they just want to make money capitalism.
Speaker 4: That's the conspiracy.
Speaker 2: I think those dumb ass glitzy, you know, custom clothes play pay for themselves.
Speaker 3: He needs to learn from Taylor. She's a classy lady. She actually dressed as well. She needs to.
Speaker 2: She's there's a whole thing about like Taylor dresses him. I wish that she dressed him. She has much better style since than this walking teenager. But this is a whole other Uh, this is a whole other dietract.
Speaker 4: I was telling me that he had like a different style before she came on. I don't have a guys.
Speaker 1: That's what I was told is that he used to dress and like look, like present himself differently, and then with Taylor, he's like adopted a different a different look.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's necessarily true. He's had like trashy style for quite a long time. I mean, let's be look at the man's cars and the way that he behaves. Okay, like he's not exactly the paragon of taste. So again, I wish he would learn from Taylor in terms of this taste, which is probably not a take you'll hear from medic conservative.
Speaker 1: Well, I was cheering for the chiefs both because of Travis and kelt and Taylor Taylor whatever the hell their names are, but mostly because of Colvin. Oh yeah, because Colvin is so happy and he cares so much, and I don't really care that much. So I was just cheering for him to do time in a row. Apparently they're a dynasty now, is what people are saying.
Speaker 3: So I'm just sad for but that. I love that kid. You know, he's twenty four. I can't imagine twenty four years old. He's got a top ahead of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but to win it at twenty four would have been I mean, he was mister irrelevant, last pick of the draft, first mister irrelevant. I think to ever you know, be in the to be in a Super Bowl, I mean, he's you know, he's engaged.
Speaker 3: He's like, he's mister America. He's like Americana. That's what it is. Saw. I'm sad that he lost.
Speaker 1: The thing that was entertaining to me was I mean, if you just looked on its face, like Kansas City versus San Francisco, you would think the Conservatives will all.
Speaker 4: Be cheering for Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Was the fact that Taylor Swift made them decide to get behind San Francisco that in and of itself was an entertaining team.
Speaker 3: It's not the town. The team is not the town.
Speaker 2: I guess okay, I'm sure you guys have been wanting to hear Crystalini's thoughts about the Tucker Putin interview. We're gonna try something a little bit different here, just a little bit of an experiment the first eight minutes or so. This is going to be free in terms of our reaction, and if you want to become a prem subscriber, you can listen to our full analysis at breakingpoints dot com. But let's go ahead and begin with the interview Putin, you know, really just embracing the full caricature of himself. Tucker asked him a simple question, why didn't you invade Ukraine? It took us thirty minutes to learn that answer. We went all the way back a thousand year. We learned about the Great Yaroslav, the whys, and every accord.
Speaker 3: Written since the year nine hundred. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 23: February twenty second, twenty twenty two. You addressed your country in a nationwide address when the conflict in Ukraine started, and you said that you were acting because you had come to the conclusion that the United States, through NATO might initiate a quote surprise attack on our country. And to American ears, that sounds paranoid. Tell us why you believe the United States might strike Russia out of the blue.
Speaker 3: How did you conclude that.
Speaker 9: It's not that America the United States was going to Launchester price strike in Russia. I didn't say that. Are we having a talk show or a serious conversation?
Speaker 3: Here's the quote? Thank you.
Speaker 23: It's a formidable series.
Speaker 8: Nosk was ran because your basic education is in history, as far as I understand, yes, So if you don't mind, I will take only thirty seconds or one minute to give you a short reference to history.
Speaker 9: For giving you a little historical background, please, let's look where our relationship with Ukraine started from. Where did Ukraine come from? The Russian state started gathering itself as a centralized statehood, and it is considered to be the year of the establishment of the Russian state. In eight hundred and sixty too, when the townspeople of Novgorod invited Avarangian Prince Rurik from Scandinavia to reign. Prince Yaroslav Devise introduced the order of succession to a throne, but after he passed away it became complicated for various reasons. The throne was passed not directly from father to eldest son, but from the prince who had passed away, to his brother, then to his sons in different lines. All this led to the fragmentation and the end of russ as a single state. I'll give you these documents.
Speaker 23: Well, it doesn't sound like you're inventing, and I'm not sure why it's relevant to what happened in Union.
Speaker 9: But still, these are documents from the archives copies.
Speaker 3: So that was his friend Vlad.
Speaker 2: He was like, Lad, give us those documents for those who didn't watch the full thing. I'm not kidding. It was like that for thirty straight minutes. I listened to the full thing, I promise you.
Speaker 3: I internalized many.
Speaker 2: Of Putin's history lessons, but it was very clear here, and I thought what Tucker actually said the best in his follow up was Okay, I don't see why this is relevant, And if it was, why didn't you invade Ukraine on the first day that you took into office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you think Ukraine is a totally illegitimate state.
Speaker 2: Why did you wait more than a decade while being in office in order to invade.
Speaker 3: There were also it was this is the other thing.
Speaker 2: Look again, as someone who believes that Russia has legitimate security concerns and the NATO expansion was a strategic disaster for the US, Putin also is not calibrated for the way that we argue here in.
Speaker 3: The West, because he didn't mention that once.
Speaker 2: It all went back to what the history of Ukraine. Ukraine is an illegitimate state. And by the way, and this is what validates like the worst Russia hawks in this country. He kept saying how Poland, Lithuania and all of them are illegitimate states too, under the same definition of why he hates the Bolsheviks and the Treaty of Breslatovsk. I mean, he did at least say I have no interest in invading Poland. That would lead to a world war and that wouldn't be good.
Speaker 1: But it's like he did say that, very inquivalent he did, whether he could take the word for it or not.
Speaker 2: But my main take is like, look, this man's brain is literally addled by imperialism, and I put this out. This is my only real reaction is everyone always talks about how Putin is KGB. No, this is he doesn't have a communist bone in his body. Putin is a straight out of Central casting of the Dukes and the czars of the late nineteenth century. He is the same paranoid, obsessive feeling inferior to the West. They believe in Russian defense and depth in terms of imperial territory orbon put it best is that Russian security thinking has nothing to do with democracy. It has to keeping with the whole together, and that the togetherness, the security in the whole of the country is considered genuinely existential if we analyze it through the lens of the tragedy of the First World War. And then, according to Putin, the greatest tragedy in the history of Russia was the demise of the Soviet Union, not not for communist reasons, but for imperial territorial reasons.
Speaker 3: And it is very clear to me that that is who he is.
Speaker 2: He is only solidified in age, and he has a like almost autistic need to impress this upon the West and the American people. And the problem for him is like that is just counter to any modern understanding of not even just Western modern understanding for the community of nations in the post World War two era.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just doesn't fly.
Speaker 4: I have many observations.
Speaker 1: Let me start with the most surface level, so it will not surprise you all to learn. I have very low expectations for how Tucker would conduct himself in this interview. He vastly surpassed my expectations. I thought he did a good job in general. Good job especially, Like, if you think about it, and you are a journalist in this country, you know, with an autocrat who controls the military, controls the believe or whatever. Like, you know, you're in a tough position, right, You're in a jam. And it's not like you can just cut this man off when he wants to go on his Really it was fifty minutes of a historical diatribe, but definitely thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Of a historical diatribe.
Speaker 1: And I don't think it really behooves you to cut him off either, because he decided this is what he wants to put out to us into the world. And whether it was Tucker Carlson or George Stephanopolis or whoever it was going to be, it was very clear Vladimir Putin was going to say his piece about the thousand years of history that he feels justifies this moment, and so for Tucker to just react by being like, I don't really see how this is relevant. That's really the best that you could do in that circumstance. And he went on and we'll show you some more pieces. He went on to ask some really important questions that I thought were you know, we're quite good, including pushing for the release of the Wall Street Journal Reporter, which I was very gratified to see that he did. Okay, that's number one. Number two in terms of Putin, there was clearly a lot of like alpha assertion of dominance. Will show you a little bit of that too, with him like throwing in Tucker's face like, oh, that CIA, you know, that organization that you wanted to work for previously. There was another moment where Tucker said something to the effect of like, you know, he's trying to get Putin back on track, trying to cut off this historical diatribe, and Putin says to him, Oh, I'm sorry, I'm boring you, and Tucker said, well, you're not boring me. I'm just not sure how it's relevant, and he says, well, I'm glad you're I'm gratified to hear that you're enjoying my historical lesson, and he continued to start care. There was just a lot of like apparently he made Tucker wait like two.
Speaker 4: Hours sitting there waiting for him.
Speaker 1: We just showed you the very opening moment where putin immediately and this is very intentional, you know, I mean, we've done enough interviews to see these sort of games being played by people, especially people in power, where he immediately jumps in and puts Tucker in his place of like are we doing a talk show or are we doing a serious conversation here?
Speaker 4: That sets the tone for the entire thing.
Speaker 1: So okay, so those are sort of like the surface level theatrics. I reached out to our friend Jegor for his reaction, you know, Russian.
Speaker 4: What is he taking from those? How is he viewing this?
Speaker 1: And he had a few noteworthy comments that were things that I would not have picked up on.
Speaker 2: So in that moment and if you want to hear my reaction to Crystal's monologue, become a premium subscriber today at Breakingpoints dot Com.
Speaker 1: So, guys, while we were watching the Super Bowl last night, Israel began bombing Rafa crossing. That is the place where over a million Palestinians have been displaced to just right there at the bottom of the Gaza Strip. And you can see some of the aftermath of those strikes as people were waking up in the morning. You can see the grief and the horror of those who have been struck, children who have been injured among those who were bombed. And this was something that people have been fearing for a while. Not that Rafa has been a safe place during this war whatsoever. But of course you'll recall, you know, initially attacks were the heaviest in Gaza City. People left Gaza City, they moved to Kanunis Communists came under incredible bombardment. People were pushed down to Rafa, and as I said, it is literally the border crossing there with Egypt, and there has been grave international concern about what this could mean for the civilians who are sheltering there already under horrifying humanitarian conditions.
Speaker 4: We can put this up on the screen.
Speaker 1: As part of this bombardment, Israel saying that they were able to rescue two hostages held by Hamas in Rafa. Let me read you a little bit of this report from the Wall Street Journal of the official record of what occurred here. They say Israel rescued two hostages held in Gaza in an overnight raid, as the military prepares for a larger operation to enter what it says is the last bastion for Hamas, where more than one million Palestinians are sheltering. Israeli military said Monday the rescue of Fernando Simon Marvan and Lewis Harr was a complicated operation performed under fire in the heart of Rafa, a city in southern Gaza, near where Palestinians are seeking refuge from the conflict between Israel and Hamas. At roughly two am local time, military forces and a police SWAT team broke into a house in Rafa engaged in a gunfight with Hamas militants while shielding the hostages before evacuating them to a secure location. In addition, those airstrikes that we played you a little bit of the video of in Gaza killed one hundred and sixty four people overnight, including dozens in Rafa. That is according to health authorities on the ground. So a deadly Knight and Soager obviously incredibly significant. The rescue of these two hostages, this is something that Israel has almost completely failed in accomplishing through military operations. Believe they were previously able to rescue one hostage. That means they have now killed as many hostages as they have been able to rescue of their own hostages in terms of right, they killed three, they've rescued three. Now, oh, that's right, So I guess it's even from that regard, there are also somewhere estimates around fifty hostages who have been killed during the Israeli bombardment of Gaza, So, you know, a rare success for them in terms of bringing hostages home, but obviously unacceptably high, horrific toll on the civilian population there in rob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very I mean this really, I think is just to continued extension of the Biden policy, and I think that it just shows you where Biden is schizophrenic. And at this point, I would just prefer it if he just said, I'm just signing up for everything Israel's doing, because what is the point of these constant leakings of things like oh, I think it's over the top. I think you shouldn't do it. You know, we have some of that that we can go ahead and play. Where in his age press conference where he tried to clean everything up and where he confused the Egyptian leader with the President of Mexico, he also did make some news where he said that the Israeli response has been over the top.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to what he said.
Speaker 17: The conduct of the response in Gaza, in the Gaza Strip has been over the top. Initially, the President of Mexico, Cisi, did not want to open up the gate to allow humanitarian material to get in. I talked to him. I convinced to open the gate. I talked to Bbie to open the gate. On the Israeli side, I've been pushing really hard, really hard to get humanitarian assistants into Gaza. There are a lot of innocent people who are starving, a lot of innocent people who are in trouble and dying, and it's got to stop. And I'm pushing very hard now to deal with this hostage ceasefire because as you know, I've been working tirelessly in this deal. How can I say this without revealing to lead to a sustained pause I have no proof what I'm about to say, but it's not a reasonable suspect that the Hamas understood what was about to take place and wanted to break it up before it happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are we supposed to take away from that? It's like, I think it's over the top. I think a hostage deal is going to happen. By the way, it's not even true. And then later on, as we learn and you're about to break down, Crystal, they had a phone call where Biden was like, please don't do this, we're against the operation, or I guess we want you to be more concerned, and they were like, no, that's not going to happen, and they've rejected Espied deal. Now at this point, it just seems clear that they're Look, it's been clear now for a while they're going to do whatever they want to do. The administration is like constantly expressing concern, leaking phone calls, and you know they're going to get to a point where I think we're slow walking ourselves to a full break and we're about to talk about this with Egypt.
Speaker 3: We are in genuinely unprecedented waters.
Speaker 2: Now. What I have always thought was this is that Biden and them will you know, back Israel and all that to the point. But an actual expulsion of mass millions of people from Gaza is a war triggering event of some kind. I'm not exactly sure what it could be most Iran. It could happen in Jordan, Syria, Egypt, et cetera. But it will be a break, you know for foreign relations. We're going to a point where that seems almost inevitable at this point, where we're going to have to make a choice when obviously it could have is this really was probably the last time and we could probably look back, you know, in the beginning of this and if there is no ceasefire deal or any of that, I don't see in a separate way out of this, you know, in terms of what exactly is going to happen, just because we've got a million five people who are all clustered in a single area and they can't go north.
Speaker 3: There's only one way to go.
Speaker 2: The Egyptians are threatening to terminate, so now what what are we going to do here?
Speaker 1: Up against there is nowhere else for them to go. You all have seen the images of northern Gaza. There is nothing left for them to return to and by the way, it's not safe for them. They have not been told by the Israeli military that they can go back without being presumed to be terrorist and murdered for the you know, for existing in an area that used to be their homes. It is Boebe has ordered for the military to draw plans to evacuate these civilians and again there is nowhere for them to go except out of the Gaza Strip entirely and complete the program of ethnic cleansing, which plenty of people in his government have made it really crystal clear, including drawing maps and having plans of who's going to take how many of these refugees, et cetera, that that is one hundred percent their end goal. With regard to Biden and his comments that the Israeli response is over the top, okay, first of all, there was a whole you know, news cycle, Oh my goodness, these comedies, so that this is the furthest Biden has gone. I mean even this language is so weak and so sanitized given what has been done to these people. I mean, they are all displaced for their homes. The entire strip has been basically decimated at this point, thirty plus thousand killed, majority women and children, Hospitals, schools, universities, you know, ambulances, target I'm going to do a monologue tomorrow about this little girl and her rescuers that were targeted and murdered by the IDF. And the best you can say is quote unquote over the top, and to Soger's point, to make matters worse, like if it's over the top, or as he said before, the bombing is disproportionate, do something about it.
Speaker 4: But we know all they'll do, which we.
Speaker 1: Have another report in the press that I just saw this morning, another one of these like oh, he's concerned, and BB's hard to maneuver, but behind the scenes he's very like obviously, none of this is having any kind of an impact, even if you are actually having these quote unquote tough conversations without throwing your weight around. So here we are, and what has been done already is completely unjustifiable, to the point that the ICJ has said they're plausibly committing a genocide. And the most you can do is say it's quote unquote over the top. Let me put this up on the screen. This is also in that vein of like, oh, the deep concerns that we have blah blah blah, which really is just disgusting and offensive to see these reports at this point.
Speaker 4: But this is the latest from Axios.
Speaker 1: Biden tells Bbe, no Rafa operation without plan to protect Palestinian civilians.
Speaker 4: Courses we already showed you.
Speaker 1: They already said screw you and have started bombing Rafa without any plan to protect Palestinian civilians. Over one hundred and sixty four people dead in air strikes overnight. The details here are he spoke to Bbe on Sunday. He cautioned him against the military operation. Why it matters. There's growing frustration. How many times have we heard that sagur in the White House with nat YAO and the Israeli government's rejection of several US requests. Biden earlier this week called the Israeli military operation in Gaza over the top. Oh wow, I'm sure that'll really make them listen. And here's the other thing, is like, if you know anything about Netanyahu specifically, his government specifically, but also where Israeli societies, the prosecution of the war in the direction that this was going to go in was one hundred percent predictable. And predicted, including by people like us who aren't experts at the time. From the beginning, we knew what this was going to look like, and all we have ever gotten are these pathetic and impotent leaks about how concerned they are. So the stakes here not only first and foremost for Palestinian civilians, but not only for Palestinian civilians, for the region in the broader world, could.
Speaker 4: Not possibly be higher. Egypt, let's put this out.
Speaker 1: They are furious about this potential operation, which already appears to have begun in Rafa. They are threatening to suspend the Camp David, a course that were negotiated by freaking Jimmy Carter if Israel pushes in to Rafa and engages in all an assault there. Egypt is threatening to suspend that peace treaty if Israeli troops are sent into the densely populated Gods of Bordercount of Rafas as fighting there could force the closure of the territory's main aid supply route. To Egyptian officials in a Western diplomat said Sunday, the threat to suspend the Camp David accords a cornerstone of regional stability for nearly half a century came after b sent troops into Raffa and said that it was necessary to win the four month old war against the Palestinian militant group Hamas. Egypt fears a mass influx of hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees who may never be allowed to return. By the Way, Yaho, in an interview with ABC News, said that civilians in Rafa could flee north, saying there are plenty of areas that have been cleared by the armies at Israel's developing a detailed plan to relocate them. A European Union Foreign policy chief Joseph Worrel, he said, and Israeli offensive on Rafa would lead to an unspeakable humanitarian catastrophe and grave tensions with Egypt. Egypt, by the way, was also extremely pissed at Joe Biden's comments that we played earlier accusing them a blocking aid from coming in, and also released a statement saying basically like this is bullshit. We have been trying to help with aid the whole time, but I mean this is a threat of war effectively, is what this looks like.
Speaker 2: Well that's what That's why I'm actually the most concerned as I am right now because the Egyptians of Camp David peace Accords. I mean, we shouldn't forget Egypt and Israel fought a lot of wars prior to this.
Speaker 3: I believe the numbers.
Speaker 2: Five yeah, in terms of the number of full blown military conflicts.
Speaker 3: Don't forget this.
Speaker 2: Other than the Keiban missile crisis, the closest that the world has ever come to a nuclear exchange was the yam Kpor war that we were very, very lucky to.
Speaker 3: Get out of.
Speaker 2: So there was a reason that those were signed by Jimmy Carter, and it was considered one of the most important things that he did while he was president, and the building upon that peace.
Speaker 3: Framework from Osla was such an important part of that. Now, the other.
Speaker 2: Problem that I see here is again is that the Arab States are genuinely being pushed into a corner. Let's put this up here on the screen. This is from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They say the KSA warns of quote very serious repercussions of storming and targeting of the city of Rafa in the Gaza Strip. We don't know what exactly that means, but we do know this that the Saudis have a major military, they have capacity, but probably more important for Israel's case, they got a lot of money and they have a lot of money and ties to a lot of people who were very willing to blow themselves up inside of Israel and nearby. As you can ask anybody who fought in Iraq and in Syria or you know who's observed international terrorism. This is one of those where I have to say it again, the Saudi royal family, they don't care about Palestine, They barely even care about the Arabs. But the Saudi population and those Saudi clerics, those people care a lot.
Speaker 3: And the Ksa.
Speaker 2: They rely upon basically the acquiescence of their people and of the clerics to keep things going. They've had like a weird daytant over the last twenty five years. If things step up, if there is some sort of ethnic clin they may not have they may not have a choice, you know, to do something militarily to support Egypt. Who knows that we could find ourselves in a serious yam kopor level diplomatic crisis. We've already had the Egyptian president, not president Prime minister, I think, who has said that they quote will sacrifice millions to make sure that there is no mass expulsion of people onto their territory.
Speaker 3: That is a threat of war.
Speaker 2: So now it's the question, you know, what is going to happen nasonis as you said, said they can flee north. They're not obviously because it's a you know, critical zone. But the other thing is that you know, we have how much confidence do you really have? And is really targeting because if they blow up the wall or border area crossing, which is this is the real Egyptian fear, then people will just run into the Sinai. And if that happens, you know, it's not like the Israelis are going to let them back in.
Speaker 3: That's what they want, that's literally their goal.
Speaker 2: So now we're in a genuine standoff in a crisis, and that's a war, and then we will find ourselves involved in that use we supply both.
Speaker 3: Sides of it.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, because I mean people have been forced into unimaginable circumstances. They're homes bombed, nothing to return to living intents amidst a million other people starving to death, no sanitation, medical facilities bombed, and so the level of desperation absolutely means that if the border is bombed and the crossing is open, people will flee into Egypt.
Speaker 3: I would do it too. I don't blame them at all, it's they're fleeing for their lots. I would do the same thing.
Speaker 1: And not to be clear that those conditions directly created by Israel I mean so you know, and this is another thing they came out and said at that like resettlement ethnic cleansing conference that we covered here, As they said, you know, sometimes resettlement are conditions that you create until people leave. So basically you just threaten to kill them and bond their children whatever, until they have no choice but to flee for their lives.
Speaker 4: And that those are the conditions they have already created.
Speaker 1: The only thing standing between you know, the complete goal of ethnic cleansing of the territory and not is the Rafa boarding border. So that that's where we are. That is the precipice that we're standing on. And I also want to say, you know, in terms of this leaked phone call of Biden to b b saying like, oh, you can't attack Rafa until there's some sort of plan for civilians run another way, that's basically a green light. That's not saying number one is certainly not saying I'm going to do anything about it. That's number one. Number two, it's not even saying don't do it. It's saying, oh, you have to float some kind of a plan for civilians in the area, which BB is claiming that he's doing, even though there is nowhere else.
Speaker 4: For these people to go.
Speaker 1: They are already pressed up against the southern border and the rest of the Gaza strip has already been destroyed and occupied.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a horrifying and terrifying moment for these human beings, and it is a terrifying moment for us in the world as well. I genuinely think we are on the precipice of absolute chaos.
Speaker 3: It very much could be.
Speaker 2: We'll continue to monitor the situation here. Thank you guys so much for watching. We really appreciate you, and hopefully you can help support our work here or if you want to hear our analysis on the Tucker Carlson Interview Breakingpoints dot com. We're going to be running some experiments and things like that here, so bear with us. But other than that, we're going to have a show for everybody on Tuesday. We're looking forward to it. We'll have more clips from the Rfkjunior Focus Group for the rest of the week and they go out full.
Speaker 3: The whole thing comes out early.
Speaker 2: For our premium subs, another re and that you should subscribe, but we'll see you then.
Speaker 16: M