Speaker 1: The Nikki Glaser Podcast. Here's Nikki. Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's Nicky Cleaser Podcast. Happy Thursday. I'm here still in Los Angeles, California. Brian Frangie is here in studio. Hey Brian. Today we have two special guests with us. Sean O'Connor is here.
Speaker 2: Sean.
Speaker 1: Have you been on the show before?
Speaker 2: Not this one? No, no, but like past past iteration, but this.
Speaker 1: Is serious show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was on your serious show.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: Okay, like the day the world shut down? Really yeah, like truly I went into It was like the day after Tom Hanks at COVID.
Speaker 1: Because I was in LA and oh that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have like documentary footage of like the last time people were normal.
Speaker 1: I do, I didn't. Someone just sent me a picture of my dressing room at Conan that said Nicki Glazer and it was up there for two years in the or like maybe a year after something like that, because it was the last show they taped there. So it's my dressing room had Nicki Glazer on the door for all like a team Coco for a whole year.
Speaker 3: It was so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so cool.
Speaker 1: Person I hugged beside my family. I died, Yes, Oh my god, did we all die? Back then? A little bit?
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Sean O'Connor's here. I've been friends with him since MySpace I think is when we met. Yeah, two thousand and you say six or seven. Yeah, we're very You were in my top eight, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at some point I think we were top eight mutuals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just found each other on MySpace and we're just like mutual.
Speaker 3: You did, Yeah, I didn't have it.
Speaker 1: Well, here's someone who actually really really missed it is also here, who you've heard me talk about on the show before. I'm so glad she agreed to do it. She's never have you done podcast before? No? Oh my god, first podcast ever was never on MySpace, was conceived when my space was probably she's my social media maven. Uh. It's Emily Laciardi Chardia, Italian. I don't think i've ever said your last name.
Speaker 3: No, nobody does, Charitie. Where are you from from?
Speaker 4: Boston? Well, outside of Boston, but everyone Boston Italian?
Speaker 3: A rare breed. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like these of New York. It's very Irish. And then there's some Italian in New York. It's Italian Irish.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm so glad to have you here because I've been talking about you a lot, and you listen to the show, I know, yeah wow, but oh my god, now you're I don't know, Yeah, you still can be if you're on the show. I want to just talk about you walked in today, Sean with your daily You drink Celsius, which I think probably a lot of Bessie's drink people are addicted to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mesonta Johnson.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about this. She had a clip, go did you see it? Emily? Like she's talking about how she was on set drinking Celsius because she didn't know they had caffeine in it. She just thought it was like a vitamin kind of drink. And she was drinking like to a day and didn't really and she was just staying up all night and being inspired and having all these ideas and just being thrilled about Like like I was like, Sean, it honestly sounded like a real good pitch for drinking Celsius. I'm like, why would this girl quit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because it all sounded good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then I just I was having my morning celsius when I looked down and it is chipping the paint.
Speaker 1: Decaying, the paint on the can, just in the spot where he's sipping from. So just the the celsius pouring over into his mouth is sending your drinking paint.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna you know, I know I'm gonna die one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was good, you know that.
Speaker 2: But imagine dying feeling incredible. I think the best idea ever before you go?
Speaker 1: When what does it make you? Are you past that point of it makes you feel you for it? It just makes you feel normal.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah I'm normal. I mean I'm energized. I am sweating from my teeth.
Speaker 1: I feel that way about like I I will notice my day will be I will be in the worst mood and then I have a little bit of caffeine and I am suddenly so sunny, everything's fine. It's really a sick thing that it can shift you that much. Do you guys feel that way about caffeine.
Speaker 3: It's just a shame that drugs have negative effects on the human body. Otherwise we should all be taking drugs constantly, because life is a barrage of torture.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, drugs.
Speaker 3: Are more drugs that have less effects.
Speaker 1: No, they are so good it sucks that they're bad for you.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like one of the worst coolest tricks God has ever played, and that.
Speaker 1: You can't really enjoy them in moderation. No one does, and if you do, you're not really getting the effects of it in the in the way that is intended, because if you really did get you'd never want to stop. Like when I first drank, I always say this, but I just remember being baffled, like, why don't we do this old? Why doesn't everyone do this all the time? I feel amazing, I'm confident, I'm funnier, I'm more social. Suddenly I feel like I should talk.
Speaker 3: And there was a guy in an alley like I feel your sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just couldn't believe we don't do it all the time, and like so when people are just like no, I just it kind of makes me feel a little sick and slow. I'm just like, Oh, you don't. Then you don't know what? How do you not? Have you not felt that other thing that I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, I guess, like everyone is just different. Like like genetically, you are kind of predisposed, Like for whatever reason, when I alcohol touches my tongue no matter how much, I'm just like, here we go. I am the mayor of a party.
Speaker 1: Wait, can we talk about why you had to quit drinking? You still don't drink?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Or do you dabble?
Speaker 2: I dabble, but I don't really do it that much. I probably have done it three times this year, okay to a small amount.
Speaker 1: Okay, because when you drink to excess, because you've gone through stages where you've like totally walked away from it, right and now you're like a dad. So it's like it's there's not a lot of space for you to go wild.
Speaker 2: No. No, it's like a wine at dinner.
Speaker 1: Now, wow, so you and you don't want to keep going.
Speaker 2: No, just because I like wine, I've discovered that wine does not taste good, even when it's like expensive to me, like, I'm never doing anything for the taste.
Speaker 1: There's no taste with alcohol. Anyone who thinks to taste good is lying to themselves. Have you ever tasted juice? Just drink that more candy? Like that's ridiculous. That that's why people put sugar in it because it is bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh but no. But in my twenties, like the early twenties, I would say, twenty to twenty five, I was like, I guess you would call it an alcohol.
Speaker 1: For the word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the word.
Speaker 1: But the story that I love that you told recently and maybe you don't want to tell it, was that the SNL after party.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I just had that the warm glow of you know, vokatonic, Like you know that that warm hug that's me right now.
Speaker 2: The worst you've ever had, combined with the other worst.
Speaker 1: States you've ever had to is so fucking bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it was just good. It was just invented. Some people who used to drink a lot would have like replicate the bill.
Speaker 1: It's such a good point. Yeah, like why just make so you can take that alcohol out and still feel like you're maybe doing something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, like you're punishing yourself.
Speaker 1: It's bad, Okay, so you were, and it's packed with sugar. It's not even good and it's packed with sugar. It taste so bad that you think maybe it like is healthy or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it does taste like a Christmas Tree a little bit.
Speaker 1: If you want to do if you want to drink and not have calories, kettle and soda. Everyone, kettle and soda with lemon. That's that you're only there's no calories in it except the kettle one. I mean that needs to be my drink. I don't encourage this because it goes down real sweet.
Speaker 2: It does. Yeah, no, I mean honestly, if you're gonna do it, vodka soda is the way.
Speaker 1: To get vodka soda. I know we all got on board with those, like I would say two thousand and eight or nine ten is when I discovered them. But before that, I was drinking just the most highly caloric, disgusting drinks.
Speaker 2: You kind of mature out of it being like I'm not going to just drink beer, like like I'm not like that. Yeah, I'm class here. Yeah a blackout.
Speaker 1: And then they just started making vodka sodas in those are just now Seltzer like the Seltzer alcohol drinks. Okay, so hard Seltzer's hard Seltzers. Thank you, so Sean SNL. After party who was hosting it.
Speaker 2: Was Seth Rogan and Spoon and I go I go to the after party and like, I'm not supposed to be there. I didn't go to this, but like Joan Ahray was like he was he went to the show, and he's like, do you want to come to the after party. I was like yes, so I like show up. I'm like already drunk and just sweaty, like if everyone was at me, like oh my god, did it just start pouring. So I go in and I get like a twenty five dollars Vodkas and I'm like, this is the best. Oh my god. I went into the bathroom. I saw people doing cocaine. I'm like, sure, this.
Speaker 1: Is an act my dream, yeah dream.
Speaker 2: I see Keenan dancing and then I dance. Then I see in the distance Lorne Michael's and I'm like talking to Joan Ohray and I'm like I'm gonna go talk to lor don't do that. So I just, you know, I slide over because I'm just so wed. I'm a slider.
Speaker 1: Someone just push and Keenan.
Speaker 2: I approach him at his table and I'm like, I just want to let you know, like you changed my wife.
Speaker 1: And he's like just like stick because he's protected from many of that bullshit, like you would think he gets it all the time, but no, I'm thinking he's very well.
Speaker 2: Protected from well protected. There's a reason he's in like a booth in the corner and basically like Apollo Sandman beat.
Speaker 1: It's so humiliating, it is. And but it took you years after that to actually quit.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. That was not rock bottom after that's a peak.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the Celsius. Now you're on this this track.
Speaker 2: Oh I love addictions.
Speaker 1: I do too. Just switch on, my baby, just go from one to the next. Time you tried to quit Celsius yet and like or like, how many are you up to a day?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm now at one a week. I'm allowing myself a week a week. Yes, my one a week. I have to relax.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, good for you.
Speaker 2: Get oh yeah no, and sometimes you feel like your heart's like bat wings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, it's holy shit. Okay, so one a week. That's great that you're going down to that. So what is going in place of that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: I just die got y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's crazy how caffeine does make you feel so good. It's such a good drug.
Speaker 3: I mean, according to the Celsias can the caffeine comes from green tea and guarana seed, which seems like better for you than coke.
Speaker 2: It does, but like if you look at the daily percentages, biot is one thousand person.
Speaker 1: Should not be possible to ingest and one can a thousand percent of anything.
Speaker 2: Anything that's never mind the thing that makes your nails and hair grows.
Speaker 1: Hey, god, you're getting that bioten ye.
Speaker 3: Seln days worth one a week.
Speaker 2: If you take me up what I'm in my grade, my nails hair gonna be luxurious.
Speaker 1: Well, thank god it's vegan. I see that on the side that there's like a little heart with like an animal's man.
Speaker 3: Put any meat in that can?
Speaker 1: Oh good, good, good good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, they definitely make you feel alive, but like just tense and and jittery, and I mean it's like it's as close to adderall as you can drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you ever believe in like ghosts as a kid? Like you?
Speaker 1: You told me what because I was like, I just drank because you're on the road with me sometimes and so I've added Celsius to the rider and one day he wasn't on the road, so I go, I drank. You're Celsius And what did you say to me? You go, tonight, you're going to be visited by.
Speaker 2: For some reason. When I tried to go to sleep, I every noise is amplified. Yeah I feel yes, yeah, yeah, no, I'm but like just.
Speaker 4: I go.
Speaker 1: Also, I drank your Celsius and now I want to run a marathon and do my taxes. I said, this ship is no joke. You go, oh yeah, seriously turn off all your lights tonight makes me feel like Ebenezer Screws. I'm visited by ghosts. Oh wow, Well it says the flavor you're drinking is oasis vibe. And we were just talking about the word vibe as we talk about a lot of different words that I mean, vibe has been one that's been around forever and it's not going away, and it's it is slang. But do you count that as gen z slang? Do you say vibe ever or is that kind of like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would I would say vibes.
Speaker 1: Like with s vibes okay.
Speaker 4: Like if you were like, oh, we're gonna go here for dinner, I would say.
Speaker 1: Vibes vibes okay.
Speaker 3: I just want to go over eliminating sentence structure from yeah, yeah, the keyword.
Speaker 4: I do use one or I've noticed too with Nikki, like I'll send ten texts of one word, you know what I mean. Like you guys will send a paragraph and then I'll send like lol, okay, what are you doing now?
Speaker 3: Like I got it? Yeah, yes, yes, I don't mind that.
Speaker 4: Like your attention span, so I like have to get all my thoughts out separate.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, So I'm just gonna read some things that Emily and I have texted just to get a sense of like is so good. But this is a funny moment. The other day because we actually we're on the road recently, we were talking about how you went to Montessori schools, yeah, and our Monossory Like, first of all, you're so so smart. So anytime I'm ever commenting like you don't know this thing, like just know that I know. Yeah you did. Yeah, yeah, we were, we were great on this. But she went to Monesstory schools and in Monastory schools they are like adamant about learning maps, like she knows where every country is on a map, where in our educations, I don't, I can't, I don't know anything.
Speaker 2: I'm at it's kind of America in your state, Like that's all you kind of learned.
Speaker 1: It's totally America in your state and maybe the bordering states if you didn't miss that day because you had a sinus infection or something your tummy hurt, Like you maybe know this, but you I really I don't even know if I could label all the US states accurately, Like I wouldn't bank a lot of money on it because I would get screwed up around New Hampshire. I might not know where it is, but you might because you're from New York and there's bordering Well.
Speaker 3: I know all the states and all the countries. I just made an effort to do to learn that. Even though I didn't go to Montessori school, I can name all two hundred and seventy countries.
Speaker 1: Of course you can't. So WHOA When did you make this effort?
Speaker 3: I would say over COVID is when it really started to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And did you just sit down one day with them?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know what it was?
Speaker 3: Actually, when I was bored at work, I would do it. There's a website called jetpunk that has all these quizzes, and one of the quizzes is name all the countries in the world based on the world map. Oh yeah, and I would just like try to get it and you have to do it in the fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Wow, I need to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's fun.
Speaker 4: You know I didn't you had seven like seven eight years old is when you start show.
Speaker 3: Well, you're probably gonna be a savant at.
Speaker 1: So I said. Over the weekend, like we were talking about, like who are our biggest celebrities that we'd want to meet? Because I yesterday on the podcast, I talked about the celebrity that was coming to my show, and when I told Emily about it, she played the twenty questions game to get it that I was talking about it. I did on girls Chat too, and that was a fucking nightmare playing twenty questions on girls Chat. I got into it yesterday. But they don't know the difference between yes and no question. They just started guessing names. They were having no fun with it. They were just guessing names. I'm like, this is so much. I know that's a yes or no question, but that's not a fun yes or no question to just be like, you know, but then you guessed it in within five questions question literally insane because we did it on his app. He is like an AI app that's like tries to guess people and it always gets everything.
Speaker 3: Well, I wish it was so there was such an embarrassment. Have you ever heard of the ach and eighter?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my son's obsessed with the ad for children.
Speaker 1: Well, it didn't guess this person anyway. You guessed it with the really surprising like knowing you?
Speaker 7: You what? Like?
Speaker 4: I did it based off like knowing you?
Speaker 3: Oh you took context outside question?
Speaker 1: But I said to you, I didn't. I said guess who? I just had a really strong first question.
Speaker 3: Honestly, what was the first question?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't say. I can't say because I don't, but I will. I will just play this video that she sent me. No, can I just play it into this I did send to you. Do you want to play it? Three years I have it, I can play it is because okay, So I I said, uh I. So she guessed it right, And first of all, her her reaction was no, fucking way, shut the fuck up? How Nikki? What these are all separate and they're all did she text you hello? She goes, No, I am not okay, not okay, and then she and then uh, and then she sends this video. I'm not being dramatic. This sits here like literally cheer. I did cry. That's so cute, so excited. But then I was like, you know, uh, she's we were talking about how and you sent your heart rates like went up and then it went down. I don't know, yeah, your aura.
Speaker 4: Do you know I have an or a ring? But I showed you like it. Literally I was in bed like it was because it's we're like three hour difference when I'm home in Boston versus here, and it shot up. It was like one because I was so excited.
Speaker 1: So she and then I we were somehow I said something about like the celebrity who I would when this person reaches out, I think I'll be able to quit. Like I was like, if Jennifer Anison ever wants to like be friends with me, I probably will just drop out of comedy and the business because it just feels like that's like what you've done my Everest. And she goes, okay, well, blank is my everest for you like this person this other person? And she said, so we're we're on to so like we're on to Kilimanjaro, and then she goes, wait, and then you put it in disappearing. I don't even know what is invisible. You have to press on yeah, like a scratcher's ticket. And she goes, is that the bigger I have zero clue. So she didn't know that Everest is the tallest mountain in the world, And so I go, Everest is the biggest, I said Montessori schools. Montessori screwed you on that one. It's in Nepal and I go, which I'm sure you can find on a map, which I cannot so in that way and she goes, oh good, not even the right And I said I would point to Peru, and she goes, oh good, not even the right continent. I know I would not appoint to Peru, but I would probably appointed to Pakistan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's in Nepal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I know the general.
Speaker 3: You didn't know Neal, Yes, I did, but I guess I didn't. Just hear you said, just Nepal is now yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How do you do invisible ink?
Speaker 4: You press on the text? Yeah, up, get all your effects? Yeah, you like hold down on the blue thing like you know, you just quickly send it and then you had invisible ink. It's great.
Speaker 3: You have to send it first and then so.
Speaker 1: Like before you send it like hello, and then I press on that blue. That's a whole loud gentle or I.
Speaker 3: Had no idea that what is loud.
Speaker 1: That's loud.
Speaker 4: SLAM is just one that like takes the whole screen and what's because I love doing that loud and then you can slide over, you slide over, and then it's screen effects. You can get like lasers, fireworks, confetti.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know about those. If you say congratulations and automatically.
Speaker 1: When it does that, I don't want that. Sometimes it's just like yeah, and I'm anti fireworks. I've established I want only drones from now on, pure drones protect animals. But okay, so is invisible ink the one that is you send that one a lot to me. The others you're not using slam or you're not. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think invisible ink just adds like spice to a text.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 4: It's it knows like I'm like talking about someone totally a spy. So it's like I'll send it to be like this is funnier if I just sent it without invisible and it wouldn't been as funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, gen Z co worker uses it exclusively for talking ship.
Speaker 4: I think that, and then someone can still screenshot it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it's not like it goes away.
Speaker 2: It's not like I think it's to scratch off. And you're like, oh my god, you were talking about copy.
Speaker 1: Sixerthing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what happens if you sent invisible ink to an Android user?
Speaker 4: No, I can't with an Android. I mean I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think their phone dies.
Speaker 1: I think they Yeah, maybe let's try it.
Speaker 3: Does anyone have an Android?
Speaker 1: I don't know anyone. I got them all out of my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the androids are very more poplar than you'd.
Speaker 1: Think they really are because they're good gal.
Speaker 2: Uh their camera, Yeah, their cameras are like significantly better.
Speaker 1: Never I can meet and greets and someone has an Android phone, picture is always better. But they're more annoying to use. And I'm sorry, but it's just like when you are if when you ruin a group chat with your green bubble, it sucks. Man. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I'm in a group chat with an Android boy and it sucks. It sucks. It makes everyone like it's like, oh, blank laughed at it.
Speaker 7: And my text ran out, I have to pay for my texts? Wait what I start paying for texts with Android? With a group chat with someone who did not have an iPhone, I'm assuming they had an Android.
Speaker 1: That's you know, it's a good point that Anya was because I was like bullying Matt about it, my tour manager, because you know, funny in a funny way that led him to eventually get an iPhone. But it was just like I was just like it just and she goes, it really sucks that, like their monopoly monopoly that you're less.
Speaker 3: We're doing the lord's work for them. We're we're capitalist chills. Yeah, and we're trying to force everyone into this monopoly when really Apple needs to universalize its programming language with all the other text companies so that everyone's phone is equal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're so, you're right, you're right. But it is fun to make fun of your Android friend, like to the point where our one Android boy, one of our people in the group chat is Mike Scallins, who's like a writer at Seth Myers. He inserted our friend's name into like a rant about android's ruining it, but it's so funny, like it's great. They just kept calling him out and it became a runner for the entire episode because he's ruining our group chat.
Speaker 1: Well. I remember getting an iPhone for the first time, and I probably got on board with the three or something like fairly early, but it was like a transition to learn the new phone, and you feel like I'm gonna be so left out. I don't know how to catch up. But we just adapt so quickly to things you don't even know, Like I've really learned that with these fucking long nails, Like my life, I've just adapted to being someone who three days ago couldn't do anything, and now I'm just changed the way, Like you learn so quickly how to move differently and learn these and especially if you're a younger person. So just get an iPhone, join the club. My screen is shattered, and I don't think I'm gonna replace it. Like I don't care. It doesn't bother me that much.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 3: Really, I know you love just smashing.
Speaker 1: I know it makes me look that mad. I feel like white trash to have a cracked screen. But the thing is the truth of it. I don't want to be away from my phone.
Speaker 3: Here's a big to get fixed, like the idea.
Speaker 1: What am I going to.
Speaker 3: Do in the shop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, giving it to just some guy at the mall. Like they could hack you. They could take your photos.
Speaker 4: I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: I'm not really protective over that.
Speaker 3: They could take your text that could reveal who this person is.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: And they could sell it to TMZ for forty thousand dollars I got See.
Speaker 1: I never think about that. I just really don't want to be away from my They.
Speaker 4: Ship it to you because I crack my screen every every month and eighteen. He just sends me new and then I send this back once I.
Speaker 2: Get the new one.
Speaker 1: What you must have the really good plan? I mean I probably have that too.
Speaker 4: Probably I have a box phone, an otter box.
Speaker 1: No, it's too big too. Oh ye no, see it looks like a lego.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I have this one, which is prettypy duty, and I have just slices on my phone because I fall asleep looking at my phone and then I think I just throw it in the middle of.
Speaker 1: Do you wake up? Put it across the room like.
Speaker 2: Truly like at my feet. Sometimes it's like, oh wow, yeah.
Speaker 3: The ghosts you see a ghost?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like wow, yeah, wow wow.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go over some gen Z slang uh and see if you're actually using this. I mean, I know every podcast has already done that. This is like such a classic thing to go be like what are these wear ited me? And how do we use it?
Speaker 3: But I like the take of are you actually using this?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: That's a good angle, I think because.
Speaker 1: I feel like most of these lists are compiled by parents of gen.
Speaker 3: Z or Yeah on Sleek and it's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean some of these I'm just like, do you really need to include Like it'll be like they'll be vibe on this yeah b D where it's like we know what that is and they're not using that.
Speaker 4: And I feel like there's also like, I I just turned twenty six, so yeah, I keep thinking twenty.
Speaker 3: Five rent a car last week?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it was your birthday last week? Ship, I'm like, not a birthday girl, Like I'm you aren't. No, Like I love celebrating others, but I don't really that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't track because I always say, if you want to know who to send a birthday gift to or to celebrate the birthday. Whoever celebrates yours, you got like do like. If you want to know who cares about their birthday being acknowledged, check on the person who always acknowledges yours. Yeah, gip anyone who skips yours. But if they care about yours, you got to care about them because they are a birthday girly. How you are a birthday girly? Did you do anything special?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Did you get anything special?
Speaker 4: I got this bracelet?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, where's that from?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Your whoam?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? How much are we talking for this? Nine ninety five? No? Probably like six six? Okay, okay, it's amazing, Yeah, got no kidding?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like that. Really, if I'm a hypergirl, I like want something, I just buy it for myself.
Speaker 1: I know, you know, yeah, I agree, But I.
Speaker 2: Do think that birthday energy.
Speaker 4: I say, yeah, I love celebrating other people like I love to make other people feel like on top of the you know, because I think it's good to let people up like.
Speaker 1: But you don't want it for yourself.
Speaker 4: No, I get very like kind of shy, and.
Speaker 1: I'm the same. Noah didn't want, Like when she was getting married, she was very uncomfortable with the idea of like having everyone to look at her like, are you the same way?
Speaker 4: Yes, Like I could not be Like I love being behind the scenes and like a part of it, but I could never be it right.
Speaker 1: I I hate birthdays because I'm like, I didn't do anything to and I only want to be celebrated for something I've done. And even then I'm like, I didn't really do this. I was just born with this brain. I'm lucky, Like I dismiss it all. So it's very weird. Okay, so let's go over some gen z terms, shall we. Yeah, and gen z is almost like old.
Speaker 4: Now say something I feel like now the words that people are using that are younger than me, Yeah, like thirteen fourteen, and I'm like, ohio what?
Speaker 6: Oh no?
Speaker 1: Not ohio? Is the new thing that Jen Alpha is saying to describe something that is lame as your ohio? It's really you, guys, okay.
Speaker 3: Alpha kids, you're you're over a girl news Millennials.
Speaker 1: I used to feel so cool because I was a millennial. Now it's it's every everyone ages you guys, like we all become the joke the.
Speaker 4: Joke, but you had cool stuff like I just learned about like t r L a couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: Here t r L was amazing.
Speaker 4: I would have loved it, and I know I would you.
Speaker 3: Times square the sign yes and you got to choose you yes, like I remember like me and my shid had friends all voting for Tom Green's The bum Bums.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For the VJ search, that was my favorite because they was like you could become a famous person. You're a normal person and you could become a famous person just by going to audition. So they would search for a VJ and they would go world, they would go from town totown. It was like American Idol, but they were searching for a VJ, which is like just one of the commentators on MTV that would like introduce videos video jockey for like DJ, like this jockey is video jockey. So they called the VJs an MTV.
Speaker 3: So that was like old school Lingo and member television.
Speaker 2: Dave Holmes, Dave Holmes, He's just a sweet guy.
Speaker 1: Second place, Second place, he was Jesse Camp Jesse. Jesse was my favorite though I really wanted to see to him. Even though Dave has stayed around.
Speaker 2: He was so smart, like Dave is so smart meritocracy like he would have won absolutely.
Speaker 1: But Jesse was wild and gangly and just a party animal and was destined, which they only picked one. Yeah, so you would pick one and that year it would be like every year a nude. It was the search for a VJ. And it was a huge event. I mean for me at least, it was a gigantic because I was like I could do I could be famous.
Speaker 2: I wanted Jesse Camp so bad because Dave Holmes is like so smart and he was like really talented and like well put together. But Jesse Camp he was kind of like if you found like a cigarette on the street.
Speaker 1: Pour cels over it, put it under a black line and grew it to a person. Yeah, he was wild. And he's missing, I think. I mean, like I don't know where he is.
Speaker 2: I think every five years somebody finds him on tiptop, mostly like walking up to people at adel Taco.
Speaker 1: But Dave Holmes is like still around, still an author, still doing incredible things. He's a host, He's he's he is a podcast, Dave Holmes. He is a podcast where he is going over like great moments in MTV History or something like that. He was just on Chris's podcast talking about it. He's he's from Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: I love him so much. I love him so much.
Speaker 1: So he's so so smart.
Speaker 2: I got really into this movie and I like posted on Twitter and then he like DM me. He's like, that was my favorite movie as a kid. Nobody. It's called star Struck. It's like an Australian musical, so obscure truck.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's so cool. Dave Holmes d M. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was like, he's like we should He's like, you should be we should talk about this more like we should get the trick.
Speaker 1: Oh. I saw him at Walgreens once when I was like on Christmas vacation coming home and because he's from Saint Louis and he was at my local Walgreens and I was just like about to collapse because I was behind him and like couldn't breathe because he was so famous and he was at my Walgreens in de Pair, Missouri. It was wild. He's so he's so cool.
Speaker 2: It makes no sense when you see like a famous person in your hometown.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. And that's why when people see me and they don't know I live in Saint Louis and they'll recognize me and they're always like sometimes they're just so fine about They're just like, oh, you were great on the roofs and I'm like, and I go. They'll be like, what do you do in in entire like there's so casually go I live here, and like, how did you not know I lived here? When you were so casual about seeing me at TJ Max in Brentwood, Like how is that? How were you not?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What the fuck are you doing here? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: This should be a bigger moment.
Speaker 1: I mean I always just put myself in their shoes of like if I saw someone that I didn't know lived in my town, in a small suburb of my town, I'd freak out.
Speaker 3: I saw Barack and Wendy's today.
Speaker 1: People are just so cool.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm just yeah, I guess I'm a faith so important so important to me, Like because I remember being thirteen and like meeting Kevin Smith in but it was in his comic book store he owned, like and I still was like almost crying.
Speaker 1: Because you know what's cool about it? I know that people are someone wrote to me recently shout out to my friend Amy and she was like, she goes famous. She was like, I almost think famous people care about famous people more than anyone does. And you guys keep your own bullshit going. She didn't say bullshit because she was trying to be nice, but she was like, no one else cares about famous people as much as you famous people talking about famous people. And I will agree, like, that's why we end up doing this is because we're attracted to the the glitz, the glitz and the glamour. And but I will let me just say, it's not like an empty pursuit. It's very cool to see someone that everyone in the world knows. It makes you feel connected to everyone on the planet. When I'm about to interview someone who's one of the top three famous people in the world, that if you go to a tribe in Africa and they would recognize this person's saying that is interesting to me that I know that person or that I've seen that person. It makes me that's so funny. It makes you feel connected to the world because we just how often do you see someone that every like, everyone knows. I just for some reason, I think that that's why fame is interesting to me, is that it connects us all in some way.
Speaker 3: Can I say something about vjays? When I was twelve years old, of said something on MTV that just like for some reason impacted me and I remember it to this day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, I love these moments.
Speaker 3: It was that spring break MTV VJ spring break or whatever, and the VJ said, a hard body is always in style. Oh, and that just like got ingrained into my brain. I was like twelve, and I was like, is that true?
Speaker 1: Wow, these moments, Yeah, a hard body is always in style. And even to this day you think about that, and it does she was so cool.
Speaker 3: Whoever that VJ was.
Speaker 1: Does it sometimes propel you to do that extra rep like that moment, like do you think it's like?
Speaker 3: I think so. I think it really impacted me. It like went into my like reptilian brain and it emerges every every couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I I I'm trying to think of moments like that that impacted me too. And I think my aunt telling me that you'll never get a date if you eat like that. Wow wow, And I remember being like I don't want one, Like I remember wanting to keep eating like that because I hated boys and I didn't want a date. But now it it will sometimes affect me when I think about when I catch myself eating like that, it will echo through my head. But like cultural moments like that.
Speaker 3: I do because she was so cool and so much cooler than I could ever imagine being, and then she said that, and at the time, actually, now that I think about it, when I was in middle school, I was a pretty chubby kid. And the summer from middle school to high school, I started working out and I became a skinny kid. And I actually, in my high school yearbook got most changed since middle school. And I wonder if it's because that DJ said that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I've been spending like the last two minutes thinking of what BJ it is. I feel like it's you know, Lewis. I feel like I was as.
Speaker 3: I have her in my head.
Speaker 1: Let me look up a she's she's black, maybe so.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, a non Deluis.
Speaker 2: As a boy, I was just so upsessed with an Luis.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's her.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yeah, she's definitely she. Honestly, she respects a hard body.
Speaker 1: It will never not be in style to have a hard body. I remember, you know, one that stands out to me just thinking about it is clueless, where Cher says, I want to be five to ten just like Cindy Crawford, and she won't she won't drink coffee because it's stunt your growth. And I want to be five ten like Cindy Crawford. And I always was like and because I'm five nine, I always feel like I just want to And when I meet girls who are five ten, I'm like, like Cindy Crawford and they're like what, and I okay, little less.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That stuck in my head, the five ten only because like I was, I was on Wikipedia this week and like I saw that, like the girl from Bottoms Havana, Roselu Lou got cast and I clicked on her Wikipedia and she's a model, And then I was like it said she was five four and a half. I'm like, she's not a model.
Speaker 1: Immediately, like anyone can be a model, though now these days just say you're a model.
Speaker 2: If you're ugly, yeah, listen, I'm woken, could be a.
Speaker 1: Mom and if you're discussed, even if you're a terrorist, okay, oh we have to go to break and we'll be back with gen z terms after this break Okay, noah, hit hit it all right. Have you heard of the term bustin'. Yeah, I've heard of bustin Do you know what busting is?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: I think I want I want to guess.
Speaker 4: What because I don't need to use it in a sentence to Is.
Speaker 3: That the equivalent of like hustling, like you're really pushing hard and working.
Speaker 1: Hard, And I think it means like beat up?
Speaker 2: I think it means busting.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, like like coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think it's that. Like do you want to tell you what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, So busting is like I feel like really good, Like that's.
Speaker 3: Bustin' Okay, why why?
Speaker 1: Of course? What does it come from?
Speaker 3: People who ride buses are generally did not feeling good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm trying to think of what that would because I'm seated, makes sense, it's like, oh I have to sit down and prepare myself for this information like that track. But busting, I'm just like where could that.
Speaker 2: Have Portuguese origin?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, bus just means like that's really good, like people would be like busting, especially in regards to food, like food is.
Speaker 3: Busting your table like a bus boy that.
Speaker 2: It means it's.
Speaker 4: Bus or like you could just comment again or prepare busting by.
Speaker 3: The time you finish explaining this, it's.
Speaker 1: Going to be busting period or do you just write busting?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Inna funny because you're on your podcast you were like Emily said period and she didn't mean to, but I did.
Speaker 1: Oh god it so because sometimes I will say period when I'm dictating and it will write period like she did. She know you meant to say. I do know that now, like I think that I fucked up that day, but I do know when you write period that you're saying period.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 1: Now period, period is like.
Speaker 4: The word for an exclamation point, I exclamation point like that'd be like, you know, it's just literally.
Speaker 1: Makes no fucking period.
Speaker 4: T No, well we've cut the last letter.
Speaker 1: It's period with a period.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, I love it. I love period. Period. I never used starting to use it.
Speaker 1: What if you're dictating I got my period dot dot dot period period period like period, like so you're trying to dictate that I got my period. Dictate like dictating like like you know, like you're talking your phone.
Speaker 3: Like you don't dictator done that, well, you got to start a.
Speaker 1: Phone No, I like, you have never dictated.
Speaker 4: I did not know what.
Speaker 1: Wait, you've never done this of.
Speaker 3: Like, oh wait, what about? What what about if you're driving and you want to send a text.
Speaker 4: Voice memo, No, what you've never known the period?
Speaker 1: See that's what I thought you did, because it's will do a period and sometimes it will just write the word period, which you meant to say period. That if I'm.
Speaker 4: Driving, I I will literally like hit the voice memo thing and I would just start talking.
Speaker 1: So if I want to do what ellipses, can I say period, period, period, Like let's find that I just got my period period, period, period, period, period. Okay, no, it just did not and only I just got my period period and then period period like the word period, then the simple period, then the word period and then the simple period. Wow, you dictate, I dictate probably.
Speaker 4: Actually have something to say about that, because I feel like millennials, it's so hard to read your tone through text and why how text and be like are.
Speaker 1: They mad at me? Like okay, we need to talk about this a lot.
Speaker 4: And now that I know her, No, at first I didn't, but now that I've like been with her a lot and like gotten closer there I understand, but I get that a lot where people will just even in like me talking, people think I'm being I will not understand my tone and I'm almost never like like like if I'm pissed, uh, it's I'm.
Speaker 1: Doing it so passive aggressively that you'll be like you it won't ever be obvious.
Speaker 4: But like you know what, things versus thanks girl are very different.
Speaker 3: Thanks period.
Speaker 1: I try to do.
Speaker 4: Thanks exclamation mark you do if you don't, or like if someone says okay, period, might as well just go fuck yourself?
Speaker 1: Oh rat is like yeah, And I did this on girls Chat recently because I said something that like was it seems like I was being bitchy in my tone And the girls listen to the podcast so they know that if you extend one of the words that makes you can say anything. You can be like I hate your hair cut and if you just write tttt, it's like nice to be like to say that, or like, you know, I don't want to be friends anymore more, and then it not is not mean even though you're saying something like if you extend it right, like, doesn't that mean if I go thanks with a bunch of essays, doesn't I don't need to put that will make it well?
Speaker 4: Versus l are very different.
Speaker 3: Yes, but in real life you add a bunch of SS's to thanks, it's like it's like a devil.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, thanks.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel you're making me feel so young because I am just so young, because I take offense to every text I get.
Speaker 4: Really I over analyzed text like no tomorrow, I will sit it because.
Speaker 1: Something and when we read the converse, I am.
Speaker 2: A I am a permanent victims to.
Speaker 4: Me, like, the worst thing is that I do it like I have my read receipts. You do you guys?
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 4: Is that a non a millennial thing.
Speaker 1: I don't like read receipts. Sometimes they're like accidentally clicked on for me. And when I realize someone's been like, oh yeah, victim of my read receipts, I feel like it's just I don't like see I have.
Speaker 4: My I'm anxious, like I always have to reply to people in three seconds and if I don't like call nine one one, I'm probably okay, Like I reply and seven you do you always do?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, but I understand it's part of your job to do that. But like, I will not be mad if you don't get back to my text in like plus twenty four years, but I don't like I understand that. But like and also you're you're both so nice. No one's ever mad at you, and if they are, she's not listen, people could be mad at Brian. He he shit, He's someone that I could see people like maybe being being like I didn't like your top, like getting into the thing with you. Both are such fucking people pleasers and in an amazing way. But literally, I can't imagine anyone ever being mad at either of you. Who you who you care about being bad? Anyone who you're like, are they mad at me? They aren't, I assure you, yeah, because you are so nice you and I don't say this for everyone, but one hundred percent you too. Even Noah. I would say, maybe someone could be bad at her, like she's she could be a ballbuster sometimes she steps her mind. You two are fucking like just you're so and you're just people placers, which is I am one two to a degree but not like the.
Speaker 3: Two and nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's oh interesting, any grand.
Speaker 2: A nine out of ten yeah, yeah, oh absolutely, I have I have a text story with my friend where the whole, the whole, our whole text threat because we're on a bunch of group chats is us telling no one's mad at us, no one's thinking about we just we just talk about how the us.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, Like I just can't even. It's so funny because this reminds me of me too, Like all the guys that were worried that they had done something wrong to women were the ones that like right after me, too happened, and you're like, as a girl, noah, you you know this too, and maybe you're a little too young for it when it like broke in twenty eighteen, like every guy in your life was suddenly like kind of like, dude, what did I do wrong? And each of the guys that worried maybe about doing something, there's no chance they ever did anything. So it's like it's almost a sign that if you are worried, people are mad at you. I just want to let besties know if that's something that plagues you, you're probably a person where no one's ever met at you except maybe your wife or like someone who you like has a reason or your dad, like your siblings who you might have had.
Speaker 3: I remember when like Hitler went to is compatriots and was like, do.
Speaker 2: You guys exactly?
Speaker 1: No, that guy does not worry about anyone someone like that, Yeah, and not that we're more like like I can understand someone thinking. But and by the way, I'm never going to be mad at you too. I know it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard for Nikki to get mad at people. In fact, you kind of like when there's like a little bit of tension.
Speaker 1: I love a debate. I love a like a kind of like what that's not what I meant? What did you like? I like I feel closer to someone after that. But I understand that it is it makes people nervous sometimes. Please you too. If I can take anything off your plate, it's that I can promise you for the rest of my life. I can't promise anything for the rest of my life. I will I'll probably drink again before I will ever be mad at both.
Speaker 3: Of you, and I promise that this simultaneous.
Speaker 1: There's just no way I'd ever be mad at you. Even if you fucked up so badly, I would just go They didn't mean to like, I just know in my heart that neither of you would ever do anything purposely to hurt me. So there's like, even if you fuck up, just know that I won't be mad at you because it's a fuck up. Like, just give yourself that, so at least leave. I don't ever want to be a part of your you. I don't want to ever keep you up at night because you're worried that I might be mad at you because it is literally yeah, so I can't think that, but but I you know, it's easier said than done letting that out of your head. But okay, final thought, a couple more gen z terms. Okay, what is delulu delusion? Oh she's so de Lulu. I heard that on f Bay Island.
Speaker 2: That's fine, It's fine.
Speaker 4: Definitely is like a great equivalent to de Lulu is just saying like wow, this is.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The panel just falls along for anybody that's that's okay. Yeah, you you both are Delula, we're delulah. Okay, so what was the word?
Speaker 4: Okay, So like I would just say like, okay, this is like so detour but the island the girl love to say side sidebars go, Yeah, you can't just switch topics mid conversation, you always have to say sidebar but that's another yeah. But on Love Island, this girl Leah would always be like that's crazy, and it's like this clip and blow person, that's crazy. So everyone will just comment like that's all caps crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that just seems.
Speaker 4: But it has a new meaning now it's different.
Speaker 5: Crazy means crazy, like if you say like, wow, this is crazy before it met mentally ill, and now it just means like like, well I gotta fight back on this one, yes, but you have to be all caps yes.
Speaker 4: So like people would be like, wow, this is actually crazy, like and I know that this sounds weird guys, but I promise it really not.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean doesn't mean but we think crazy means something else too. We don't think when we say crazy, we don't mean mentally ill. Need to say it's.
Speaker 2: Wild crazy wild, Like I kind of.
Speaker 4: Use the right like like if you had a question mark, Like I had question marks a lot, but I don't really mean them, Like when you said that about your like stunning.
Speaker 2: I'm like, sun, well, I use question marks because of the people pleasing where I'm like soft it is.
Speaker 1: And you kind of have that cadence anyway where you go. I don't know. I'm going to see a ghost tonight. Like it's kind of like your tone the question.
Speaker 2: I have a very strange tone.
Speaker 3: That's my decision.
Speaker 1: Okay, next one, real more more of them? Okay, how about f R f R.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know the abbreviations because I have to, like we have, we all have to evaluate comments.
Speaker 1: I think, see I don't for real for real.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's a bunch, but I can't come up with them right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know, let's do more abbreviation. How about hem hem hem?
Speaker 2: I think that's anti Semitic. I love.
Speaker 1: So I have no idea what that is hem hem?
Speaker 4: Can you give it in a context?
Speaker 2: That is how an Israeli man would say.
Speaker 4: Hi, is it like supposed to be like a guy like heme? Like as in refer to a boy.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, the sample sentence is the new boy is heme? Exclamation point?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But then I say heme? So you can't figure it out?
Speaker 2: You know who's that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: He is funky guy from Euphoria he is he hem? Yes, We're just.
Speaker 1: That one's not catching, like Ringo in the biopic by Perfect Barry.
Speaker 3: I don't know that is he's like from from Okay, I gotta say sulburn guy.
Speaker 1: Hot to bathtub suck guy. Yeah, the other guy in the bathtub is he isn't Jacob a lording?
Speaker 2: The first time I saw Jacob Alardi, I am a straight father of one, and I.
Speaker 1: Literally went, it's rare that I like, am stop on Instagram and like zoom and just kind of like what the And he's one that stopped me in my track? Who does he date? Kaya?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who does he dates?
Speaker 4: Olivia Jade?
Speaker 1: A famous person's daughter?
Speaker 6: Is she the u? S?
Speaker 4: She sure is?
Speaker 1: Rowing?
Speaker 3: He is?
Speaker 1: He is she same one? She is? Sheame?
Speaker 7: I'm starting out, well, he is a total package. It's like a better version of something.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's next up. Okay, what about k M S kill myself?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah, I use MS.
Speaker 1: Get an airline.
Speaker 3: Kill myself.
Speaker 1: I thought we had to say, like on a live of my like, wouldn't.
Speaker 4: It be it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You like don't but I don't. I don't really say I know what it means, but I don't say I would send the skull.
Speaker 2: Like a deadline article. I'm gonna KM.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Amji, what Sean is saying is that when someone in the business, if we think gets something that doesn't deserve it, we will send the deadline article to our friends and kill myself.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you if in that same scenario you sent a skull emoji, that to me would mean a positive reaction.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'm dead, guys.
Speaker 4: No skull means like or like casket or like the tombstone.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I would have thought that means like I'm dead, like this is amazing, like kill me. I can just be. It depends on the context.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like what if you're like my grandma just died skull emoji dark.
Speaker 4: Dark person like that I would do, Like if I posted something wrong, Let's say, right.
Speaker 2: Did somebody is coffin?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me quickly ask about your aura ring and like, what what's sleep with it? Yeah? Like how does it work? Like it's a it's a ring that you wear that tracks your like data about So sidebar, sidebar door side.
Speaker 3: Podcast is a series of sidebars.
Speaker 1: Really it should be called sidebar sidebar. Wait should be nominal that Oh my god may change. Okay, sidebar a ring? I really like, what do you want to know? I just want to know it doesn't work and like what does it tell you? And like what why why should I get one?
Speaker 4: Okay, here's my sales pitch. So I like it because I'm a very anxious person, Like I just run very anxious, Like we're are work and what we do. Obviously, it's like it's a stressful thing. Yeah, especially for me, like I have to stay. I was at a wedding and I was she's at the ummies and I literally everyone's like, don't be on your phone. I'm like, oh my god, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, like that's just my life. So it tells you like I'll often feel like really tired, or like at twelve I'll be like, oh, like I have a headache, I'm sleepy, and it will tell you like you had a really unrestful sleep. You are really stressed at the hours of three to six. So if you have a headache at twelve pm, this is why. It's not like you're dying and I'm web mding like oh, so you will go down like you feel tired of me, Like, am I dying?
Speaker 1: Am I dying?
Speaker 4: Did that call?
Speaker 1: Data was confirmed? You should be tired, girl. You should have it's like.
Speaker 4: Today, don't work out, you slept so poorly that it's going to hurt you more.
Speaker 2: Than help you.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, for what gets off a plane.
Speaker 2: Like a doctor on your fingers, that would be you need to get that.
Speaker 1: You need to get one, and it's.
Speaker 3: I don't need more data.
Speaker 2: That's what I need.
Speaker 1: It tells you your stress.
Speaker 4: It tells your stress stress, engaged, relaxed, or restored. Right now, podcast have been very stressed.
Speaker 1: Apparently, But that makes sense because it's like.
Speaker 4: It tells you like how stressed you are in your heart rate, your readiness scores, like today I'm solid for resilience, like I could take on the world.
Speaker 3: Wait, so it tells you you're resilience.
Speaker 2: What it's like You got this girl, like when I had COVID.
Speaker 4: When I had COVID, this is how I found it.
Speaker 1: I had COVID.
Speaker 4: Wait, because my temperature it was like your body temperature decrease, you're breathing.
Speaker 1: It's a mood ring that works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I got this one because I feel like if you don't look at it quick, you don't know, like it looks like I would wear this. Yeah, it's like it's already yeah, but yeah, but it is like five hundred dollars. Okay, it's the app you pay for each month with a hatch alarm?
Speaker 1: What's a hatch alarm? Is that the one that lights up?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Chris has one and it is so good you like obsess you wake up. You don't think you'll wake up from a light and like burden chirping and like gentle music. It really works in this really gentle way and it's not annoying.
Speaker 4: Because it's gradual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really really good Hatch and I fall.
Speaker 4: Asleep to the like it's like a rainstorm. You can choose it thirty minutes it will like gradually. I've read light give like five dollars.
Speaker 3: Why is it everything monthly? Can't you just buy we live at a perfect side? I mean I just buy a thing that does speaking.
Speaker 1: Of perfectly elevate the app. Heard us talking about Catch?
Speaker 3: Can you do the same? Please? I mean we can't.
Speaker 1: Request it hatch?
Speaker 6: No, just me?
Speaker 1: Then that's I think it's against the law to request this.
Speaker 3: Hatch whatever you do? What's lifetime membership?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a plugola plugola Like there's a law I'll call it that. Well, there's a law against like doing like they have to buy an ad for us to like get a profit from talking about it, so we can't be like, we'll talk, we'll like do a back deal. But I didn't do a back deal with Elevate. I just talked about their app, and so they gave us and I was a little critical of it, and they said they're fixing the bugs that I fix, and they're giving me, you and Noah a lifetime subscription.
Speaker 3: Who needs when you have Elevate.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't. I don't think they track your heart rate, but I don't need them to because mine's stable because I have Elevate, and I know you're going to have I know you have a great vocabulary. I'm going to be smart and I'm fighting off dementia. Oh the puzzles.
Speaker 3: Yes, Elevate is great. Fr fr skull emoji.
Speaker 1: I really just we'll get into it tomorrow. But I want to draw everyone's attention to a New York Times article that came out today, starring our very own Brian Frangie. It is in the New York Times, The New York Times New.
Speaker 3: York Times Style Section. I'm trying to find out if it's in print, but I assume it would be. Yeah, I mean it's I asked my friends in New York because we have the La Times here, it's not as easy to get the New York Times as you would think.
Speaker 1: God, no, you probably have to go to like that news stand in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But what is the title of it? I had to pulled up and now it's gone. Oh I'll find it.
Speaker 7: Yes, Apple picking tips from the guy behind Apple Ratings.
Speaker 3: Yes, Apple, well they said, but it's really Apple Rankingie.
Speaker 1: This is the sub subtitle. Brian Frangie has been pontificating on Apple since twenty sixteen. He has a few things to say before you hit the orchards. It's a great it's a great article by Melissa Guerrero.
Speaker 3: Yes, very nice to talk to. Uh.
Speaker 1: And this is I'm guessing they found you from the Bone Appetite article.
Speaker 3: They found me from No, not the Bone Appetite article, from just knowing about me on the internet.
Speaker 1: I mean this is huge because I think before you're credits were like been in the Wall Street Journal for it, which is still a big deal. But now in the last month it's been Bonepetite and your time.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing. The Wall Street Journal. I was just referenced as an expert. It wasn't about me. It was actually about these special strawberriers that cost one thousand dollars, and I was just referenced in it. So yeah, the Wall Street Journals, but now it's yeah, Bonappetite and the New York Times Style section are full profile. And there's one more thing that could be happening that I can't say because I don't know if it's going to happen. You are going to be in the box of apples to Apples is going to have a picture of me giving the thumbs up saying I approve very cool.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it gets bigger than that.
Speaker 3: There's one more thing that I view as bigger than everything that has happened so far. Oh my, But but there's a chance it doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: So okay, Well, this is very exciting. Check out Brian Frangie and we'll talk. We'll get into this article tomorrow because there's a lot of funny stuff in it that I said to highlight. But check that out, send it to your family members, get some views on this who enjoy picking apples because they're good tips in here, and it's.
Speaker 3: Being in the New York Times Style section is one of those things that your parents are like, really, wait.
Speaker 1: So what did your mom text back? I don't know yet whoever that texted cool last time? What did they text this time? I mean, the chain's got to be popping off about this.
Speaker 2: This time.
Speaker 3: I got that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a little better.
Speaker 2: Is this the first thing you've had in common with Mark Jacobs in your life? What do you mean being you know, profile style? That's right, it really is exciting. Did you how long have you known this is coming about? When did they interview you yesterday?
Speaker 3: Now? This was a quick turnaround, and that's awesome. The reporter was even like, yeah, we got to this coming out tomorrow, so we got to.
Speaker 1: Move So well, congratulations. This is a really big deal and you were really funny in it. You had like multiple great lines like I could just see anyone who's reading this being like, I want to know more about this guy. It's hilarious. So check that out. We're very proud of you. Congratulations, Sean, Thank you for being here. It was so much fun. Honestly, you're one of the greatest. Emily amazing first podcast. Thank you everyone, such a nascarale. Your aura ring does not even I hope that your stress is just lumbiting now because you killed it and period and Noah, thank you so much. Thank you to the listeners. Hey, we have another. We've been we've been very blessed that we are doing so well on this podcast because you guys are listening that we're selling lots of ads, so that means that we're taping more episodes to get those ads to you. And that is why you will get a third episode this week when we usually just bring you to So another week of three episodes coming at you. One more tomorrow. We'll see you then, don't be good bye. The Nicky Glazer Podcast is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts. Created and hosted by me Nicki Glaser, co hosted by Brian Frangie, Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans Sonni and Noah Avior edited, it engineered by Lean and Loaf, video production Mark Hanton, and music by Anya Marina. You can now watch full episodes of the Nicki Glazer Podcast on YouTube, follow at Nikki Glazer Pod and subscribe to our channel.