Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joke, Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and no He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Senator Fetnman remains hospitalized for observation and so the doctors can fine tune his medication after a fall caused by what's called a ventricular fibrillation. That's a serious cardiac event, which the Mayo Clinic says is the most common cause of sudden cardiac death. Essentially, the senator's heart momentarily stopped pumping blood to the rest of his body. Fetaman suffered a serious stroke in twenty twenty two and afterwards was outfitted with a pacemaker defibrillator. His probably saved his life. The senator suffered only minor facial injuries in the fall. Joking afterwards in a statement quote, if you thought my face looked bad before, wait until you see it now.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: The sort of heart attack that usually is that's the end all of a sudden your heart stopping anyway, he had because he's equipped with something that that's wild. So his new book is out and getting a fair amount of attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just going to bring that up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's said to be pretty sincere and disarmingly good.
Speaker 4: Well, The New York Times hated it in their book review because it didn't explain any of the how you reconcile that with Trump's this or that or whatever, and I know, absolutely shut up. And it sounded pretty interesting to me. It might actually be a political memoir that he's writing, you know, very early in his career.
Speaker 2: That'd be worth three.
Speaker 5: Part of it is about his stroke and crushing depression.
Speaker 4: Right, he says he should have quit. Yeah, the depression thing is interesting. The day after he won got elected to the US Senate, he said he felt nothing and contemplated killing himself because he's just like I just I don't I don't care, I don't want to do this job. I don't care about anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah that wild Yeah, yeah, huh.
Speaker 4: What an interesting dude he is. I'm surprised he's so heavy still, just as watching him walk around and his shorts in his sweatshirt. He's a giant guy. I would have thought with all his health problems that it had to been some way to get his weight down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you would think, And I would think with this latest scare he would just resign and go live his life maybe, although maybe he feels like he has a mission and he thinks, well, I don't know how much time I have left, so I'm newly motivated.
Speaker 4: Who knows well a lot of the stuff that we beat him up for when he was running for senate, how it was like one of the gonna be one of the worst things in US history to have this person who'd never accomplished anything, living off their mom become a US senator. Blah blah blah, blah blah. But he was running against doctor Oz. He is horrified by that himself. That's one of the reasons he needed to become a senator.
Speaker 2: He was just so.
Speaker 4: Disgusted with his life of doing nothing and accomplishing nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, and I guess in the book he expresses an actual philosophy of government and governing in contrast to Kamala Harris's utterly unreadable farce of a book. Just to pick one point of comparison, but anyway, I might flip through it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, it makes sense me free copy.
Speaker 4: Hey hantson, I actually saw some tease of some clips he did. Katie Kirk, Katie Kurk, who used to be a big deal in news as a podcast. He was on with her and she was really trying to corner him on a couple of things, and it looked pretty good the clips I saw on Fox and Friends this morning.
Speaker 2: Maybe we could play those later.
Speaker 5: So on a totally different topic, brought this up at the end of last hour and ran out of time. But here is this company in Minnesota, Wolf River Electric, which is, by the way, a great American success story. Four close friends started it in twenty fourteen with their hammers in a garage pretty much, and it's grown into the state's largest solar contractor. And these guys start noticing all sorts of yes, Wolf River, Wolf River, Oh, it's quite a name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a cool name. There's probably a real Wolf River. That's what I was wanting. They just crafted in there and cast a line and catch wolf, I assume.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 5: But anyway, so these guys there, they are ah their mascot. So they started noticing they were getting a bunch of contracts canceled and were utterly mystified by this, some longtime customers, and they researched it, tried to figure it out, and people kept saying, yeah, you know, you got busted by the state and had to pay a legal settlement for deceptive sales practices. And the guys were like whaw because they'd never been sanctioned by the state and anyway, nobody had ever accused them of that. But it was made up by Google's Gemini system. In fact, it delivered right at the top of the page and mentioned the legal settlement populated automatically when they typed Wolfer of electric in the search box, and so cancelations were piling up because you can't unring a bell, so that these guys are desperately trying to get the word out.
Speaker 2: No we weren't, but it was more or less fruitless.
Speaker 5: So the executives decided they had no choice but to sue Google for defamation. And it's one of six at least six defamation cases filed in the US in the last two years over content produced by AI tools that generate text and images. And the interesting part of it, well, there's a lot of interesting parts of it. But unlike other libel or slander suits, these cases seek to define content that was not created by human beings as defamatory, which is a novel legal question for one thing, there's no intent.
Speaker 4: Well right, and from everything I understand about AI, and I spend a lot of time reading and listening about AI, the people that built these various AI machines, they have no idea why their thing hallucinates. They don't want it too, They wish they could stop it. They can't, so I mean, so it's the opposite of intent. They're spending billions of dollars to try to figure out how to make it. Not do that, because you know, it's so damaging. If you can sue some AI thing for making something up and it cost you money.
Speaker 2: That might be the end of AI. I don't see how you.
Speaker 4: Can continue to have AI if it can be on the hook for hallucinations.
Speaker 5: Well you would if they if their profit exceeds their losses, simple as that, they would just have a fun. They would have to settle lawsuits all the time, Like there are various businesses that get sued a lot.
Speaker 2: And they just it's part of the you know, the balance sheet.
Speaker 5: But anyway, Eugene Vollock, the really fascinating UCLA professor is a great crusader for freedom of speech, says there's no question that these models can publish damaging assertions.
Speaker 4: The question is who is responsible for that? Well, first, there's how nobody. Nobody's responsible for it.
Speaker 2: You built a machine that chopped off my hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's not supposed to. I don't know why it does. I wanted to stop. I've got all the smartest people in the world working on making a machine that doesn't chop off people's hands. And I can't send your.
Speaker 2: Machine chop off mister Getty's hand. Yes or no.
Speaker 5: I would shout at you and court and that Jerry wouldn't even have to retire. They would render a verdict in my favor to your knees. But now you're working my side of the street.
Speaker 4: That then AI can't exist unless there are costs don't overrun their profits. So it goes around chopping off people's hands. But it's still profitable.
Speaker 2: So what are you gonna do? Yes? No, yes, all right.
Speaker 5: There was this TAK show host who's a second big Second Amendment guy. He filed the first of the defamation cases in Georgia in twenty twenty three. Some journalist I was asking about this guy that she wanted to interview him and all, and the chat GPT blurted out that, Yeah, the other thing you probably ought to know about him is he's been accused of embezzlement, and he liked the poor, you know, Woolf River guys like I've never been accused of embezzlement. That case was dismissed because they noted the journalist didn't trust the claim. It quickly was verified not to be true. But that sort of law is absolutely evolving. Robbie Starbuck filed in April against Meta, the right wing influencer known for his campaign against DEEI has.
Speaker 2: Been incredibly affected. He's a hero for that.
Speaker 5: He was scrolling around on x he found nimmage containing false information about him that had been generated by Lama, one of Metta's AI chatbots. Has Lama come and gone? Is it returned to the andes? I've never heard of Lama.
Speaker 2: I don't know I have.
Speaker 4: I just downloaded Gemini yesterday, so now I have Grock, Gemini, Claude and chat GPT.
Speaker 2: That I will compare for everything I ever ask.
Speaker 5: So anyway, the ex posts that mister Starr was in the US Capitol during the January sixth riots and had ties to QAnon and mister Starbucks says, I was in Tennessee at home, and I have nothing to do with QAnon. That has settled in August without ever formally responding to the complaint.
Speaker 4: My concern about hallucinations because I caught I think it was chat GPT, I don't remember which one. One of them absolutely made up something and I was talking about I was asking it questions about Ulysses, which I'm still reading, and uh, just because I'm reading the book, I knew it was wrong. I mean, it completely made something up that was just made up. But because I knew the subject matter, I knew that. How all the other things I've asked these various chatbots about that I don't know much about. How many how many times have I been completely misled and maybe repeated things on the air that are just completely made up?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's an unknown unknown. Yeah.
Speaker 4: How often do I get R for you by this sort of stuff? So you know, you check is tylern all okay to take with chocolate pudding or whatever, and it tells you, you know, no, five times out of ten, it gives you a heart attack.
Speaker 5: All right, Yeah, I got another great example for you. Afterword from our friends at Prize Picks, the best way to win cash on the increasingly exciting football scene these days, not to mention basketball. And if you're a fan of both, your lineup, which is just at least two players you say more or less on their stats. Your lineup could include a couple of football players and a basketball player.
Speaker 2: It's fine, whatever you like. Patriots won again last night. They're nine and two. Why are they so good?
Speaker 4: I couldn't name a single player on the Patriots and they're the best team in the NFL right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, plucky youngsters coming together. The chemistry jack.
Speaker 4: Anyway, if you know about it and you got some strong opinions, you could really make some money with Price Picks. And you can do this follow other Price Picks players on the app and copy their lineups. Maybe there's somebody that does know all about the Patriots or whatever hot NBA team is or whatever, whether it's a friend, a celebrity, partner, or just someone who's picks you like, hit the follow button and check out every lineup they create in the new feed tab on Price Picks.
Speaker 5: And if, for instance, you like the prospects of Trayvon Henderson of the Patriots, but he's injured in the first half and doesn't come back. That's called an injury reboot. Price Picks won't count it as a loss.
Speaker 2: That's fair. Download the Price Picks aff today.
Speaker 5: Use the code armstrong get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code Armstrong. Prize Picks is the app Prize Packs. It's going to be right.
Speaker 4: So your take is that you've got so you're making them a beverage. You're making a cola, and your cola poisons one out of a million people, and you know it, but it's still profitable, so.
Speaker 2: You just continue. That's what's gonna happen with these AI bots.
Speaker 4: More or less.
Speaker 2: That's an imperfect.
Speaker 5: Metaphor, partly because that's that's like physical damage to people in the laws are pretty plain on that. And also people wouldn't drink your soda if we'd got out. I mean, it's not a completely off metaphor. But here's this professor at Syracuse who specializes in media loss that she expected few, if any of these cases would make it a trial. A verdict finding that a company is liable for its output of its AI models could lead to a huge flood of litigation from others who discover false goods about themselves. Well, oh, oh, oh, oh, I'm sorry. Her last sentence is the key one. I suspect that if there is an AI defamation lawsuit where the defendant is vulnerable, it's going to go away. The companies will settle that they don't want the risk, so they will be settled.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if I can somehow get damaged by one of these AI chatbots, I've got to just keep asking it questions, right, so it tells me something wrong, maybe I even know it, and I use that information and it damages me, then I got assume them right, and says.
Speaker 5: Michael, and I would be happy to team up on the project and post diffamoratory things about you, and I'll go full.
Speaker 4: I'll go full loss of consertion because that information was wrong. I can no longer get an erection and enjoy a sexual activity I need five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Must be very disappointing for you.
Speaker 5: Oh, final final example, here's a popular Irish talk show host who's.
Speaker 2: Furniture in the morning.
Speaker 5: He came across content on Microsoft's MSN web partial, an article with his photograph on top and the headline prominent Irish broadcaster faces trial over alleged sexual misconduct.
Speaker 2: Here what traffic Pat mcgroin.
Speaker 5: Oh my lord, he, like the other people, has never been accused of that, much less facing trial.
Speaker 2: So things are getting weird. And again we're weird fast. That's right. More on the waist to hear.
Speaker 6: During their White House meeting earlier this week, President Trump and partedly sprayed Syrian President Ahmed al Sharah with his victory forty seven fragrance and long story short, we're at war with Syria.
Speaker 4: It might be a war with Venezuela soon. Finally, Venezuela is going to get what they've had coming for some time. I don't know what we're going to do there. Give me something to watch, though. I want to tell you about this new book that I might actually read. I read a lot of books. This is called the Zorg, a tale of greed and murder that inspired the abolition of slavery. Zorg was a slave ship. It's a horrible story, just a horrible story in which they've got this slave ship that's headed to the New World from Africa. Has happened so often, and they get into ferent problems is storm, et cetera. The slaves are all dehydrated and dying, and he decides to throw them all overboard and drown them because the insurance claim would be cheaper than the loss on the health of the slaves when they got there. Good Lord, horrible, right. The point of this book, well, not the point of the book. I shouldn't say that that's a scratch, that that's the wrong thing to say. The point really is how awful slave the slave trade was, which is not a surprise to anybody. But the reason the point of this column by John mccorter Black Guy writes for The New York Times that we really really like is that this is going to be the first book about the slave trade that really brings to light how many black people in Africa were involved in selling other black people into slavery, and the first book that really treats it fairly because.
Speaker 2: It happened a ton and that's.
Speaker 4: Glossed over, of course a lot, by the sixteen nineteen project and all other different things.
Speaker 2: According to this particular book.
Speaker 4: Now, the people, the captains of the ship the Zorg that threw the black slaves over and drowned them just for the insurance claim they were white guys. Okay, so this is not like to try to make it all it's all bad all the way around. The whole thing is bad. Plenty of boad Slavery was omnipriss slavery was omni prison and it was bad and lots of bad people. But according to these historians John Thornton and Linda Haywood, who wrote the book, in their study of the slave trade in the early sixteen hundreds, about ninety percent of the Black African sold as slaves in English and Dutch North America during that period had first been captured in war by fellow Black Africans.
Speaker 2: Ninety per set right.
Speaker 4: The captives were sold to white traders for golden weapons and then fed into the hungry maw of the plantation economy here in the New World.
Speaker 2: And we all know that story from that, I'll point on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Marxists would tell you, well, they just did that because of settler colonialism. They were desperate or something something. No, they took slaves's conquest and or routinely, but they found a more profitable use for the slaves selling them.
Speaker 4: So they did that instead. Was that racism. See, that's the question. Slavery always come down to racism because in for your race, superior race, that sort of stuff, was that racism?
Speaker 2: What about Arabs?
Speaker 5: You know, enslaving Europeans and Arabs enslaving Arabs and Europeans and slaving other Europeans.
Speaker 2: And I could go round the.
Speaker 5: Entire globe, but I think you'd probably get the message about fourteen regions.
Speaker 4: In Yeah, between that and land acknowledgment, like ignoring the fact that every square foot of land has belonged to lots and lots and lots of different people, and practically everybody who took it took it violently.
Speaker 5: Including the such and such tribe you just tearfully recognized, you phony half wit?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Can we ever get to a place of honesty about all this stuff?
Speaker 2: Hey? I just had a great idea. That's two great ideas in two days.
Speaker 5: The first one was the ruin the entire Country Newsome twenty twenty eight t shirt, which is now for sale at Armstrong and getty dot com. People are really digging. I can't wait to get mine. My second grade idea, and it's just flitted out of my head.
Speaker 2: That'd be a shame mixed mayonnaise one thousand island dressing. That's it. No, what were we just talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh right, right, Oh, every time you're at a land acknowledgment.
Speaker 5: If you live in the sort of place that does that sort of thing, just say in a loud voice, who had it before them?
Speaker 4: Oh that's perfect, that's all you have to do. That is perfect, one quick sentence. I should I got to teach my son that because that comes up in his classroom.
Speaker 1: Who who did they take it from? Yeah, that's that's mighty. Who did they take it from?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's fantastic for the win Armstrong and Getty Zo ran mom.
Speaker 2: Donnie plans to spend a billion dollars to replace cops on subways with social workers. He says most of that money will be used to pay for these social workers funerals because they're going to be murdered on the subway. That's why they'll need funerals, because they die.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, if you have to explain a punchline, it's it's a rough day at the office, So it's a weird.
Speaker 2: Time for the interaction between men and women.
Speaker 4: You notice this or not. I feel it's not the same everywhere. I noticed Remember this is a couple of years ago. I did the long road trip with my kids and we're on the road for like almost two weeks. But I noticed when I got into the normal part of the country. In my mind, I live in California, not the normal part of the country. When I got to the normal part of the country, it seemed like, uh, palpably noticeable that any interaction with a woman didn't come off as like weird and confrontational. Once I got away from California, like they didn't seem to be scared to death, whether it's a person you're checking in with the hotel or you ask a question to somebody on the street or whatever that they feel like they're about to be raped, right, And it kind of fits in with that hole would you rather meet a bear in the woods or a man you didn't know? And whatever percentage of women saying a bear. This convincing all women that every man is out to rape them has not been good for society. I don't know it's social media or what, but it doesn't exist like in the middle part of the country. I mean, it was noticeable. I wasn't looking for this, like I wasn't doing any experiment. It just became clear to me that, like, Wow, people aren't like they're just answering me.
Speaker 2: They they don't like.
Speaker 1: Take a step back and get wide eyed because you ask the question, right, So you were not conducting an experiment like when you hung out in the woods in a bear suit for a week and then came back as yourself. That was good aware, So I can't decide is this a distraction from your topic or does it reinforce it in a way you tell me. I had not been home to Chicago for a quite a number of years, having lived in northern California, and I went back and noticed that interactions between people of various races and myself were perfectly friendly and relaxed in the way that everybody's got their group and their grievance and their grievance studies.
Speaker 2: In Unicornia, it didn't exist.
Speaker 5: It's like everybody's really nice, and nobody like interacted with black folks who never, for a moment gave off.
Speaker 2: A whiff of what is why do the want out of me? No, it's like, hey, how you doing that? Thought? Wow, that's right now. I remember.
Speaker 4: I was leading up to the fact that I know It has had an effect on me where I'm scared to ask women questions and try to avoid it because I often get the kind of wide eyed take a half step back, like, oh, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: I've had that interaction enough.
Speaker 4: I live in a super woke town, so maybe it's worse even than like the rest of California where I live.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that could be having spent a lot of time in rural California.
Speaker 2: I remember, Katie, go.
Speaker 7: Ahead, Katie, Well no, I'm I'm I'm just listening to I mean, I I don't know continue Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, you know the jiu jitsu, so it's different for you.
Speaker 4: They got lots of examples, but I remember this is a couple of years ago. I was walking through the car College campus a UC Davis, and I was trying to find a particular building and I was walking in. There was a woman on the sidewalk next to me, like college agent.
Speaker 2: I said, Hey, do you know what direction is?
Speaker 4: And she got kind of wide eyed walk this direction like that. I had addressed her at all, you know, A strange man was asking her a.
Speaker 2: Question the middle of the day. Sidewalk people everywhere, your pants weren't down just you know, making sure, Yeah, that would that would startle someone. I just I don't know, it seemed weird to It's got to be a lefty thing. Anyway.
Speaker 4: I'm at the gym and I never really talked to anybody, but I'm working on my waist down now because my waist down is pathetic.
Speaker 2: Waist up. I'm okay with skis. I have been my whole life. Waist down.
Speaker 4: It's just it's a disaster, okay, like a man riding a chicken, and like and like most men, I've been doing this, and most of the men in the gym are also bulking up their other upper half and not their lower half. Whatever reason the way men are like that, and all the women in there are the opposite. I guess because you care about your legs and as more. I don't know that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's the butt thing. But dairy air. There are many nice words you could use, jack right.
Speaker 4: So I'm particularly wanting to work on my buttocks and I haven't, and I've been doing a variety of exercises, but none of them have made my butt sore. I want an exercise that makes my butt muscle sore that I get up the next day, and my butt muscles are sore, so on one specifically working on them. And there there is a woman there is working it works out there regularly, and she does lots of leg exercises.
Speaker 2: So I ask.
Speaker 4: I decided I was going to ask her. I said, do you have any exercises.
Speaker 2: Anything you could do to make my butt hurt? Oh? Boy, yeah, this is taking a turn. You have a nice ass. How do you work out? That's not what I said.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm trying to figure out an exercise for my lower body that makes my butt muscles sore. Do I even like specifically work the butt muscles? And she said, and she is very nice, and she gave me an answer, but she started with and I've had this happen several times where she said, yeah, my husband's trainer. First words out of her mouth are my husband. To make it clear that I've got a husband, and which is fine, But is that the world we now live in?
Speaker 2: Any question about anything ever? We got to draw the lines. We got to get in the defensive position.
Speaker 7: That might have been her ego thinking you were heading on her. I've used that when a guy like I've been at a bar and he starts talking, starting a conversation.
Speaker 2: And I'll be like, oh, yeah, my husband just.
Speaker 5: To be like yeah, bars and correct me if I'm wrong. Because guys hit on women in Jim's.
Speaker 2: A lot all the time. I can't imagine doing that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so she probably thought you were approaching her and asking her that question because you were trying to hit on her, and that.
Speaker 2: Was Jim, can I buy you a drink? Yeah, without a doubt. See, I don't see the gym that way.
Speaker 4: But mayb That's where I'm getting it wrong, because I was about to say, well in a bar, that makes sense, and I think it actually benefits both of you. I don't see it as like I think it's a benefit to both of you. Okay, cool, you're married. I alwish I shouldn't waste my time here. I'll turn my attention elsewhere. I think it's beneficial to both of you to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, but if a gym is if people feel the gym as though because I don't feel I've never felt the.
Speaker 2: Gym is like a meet up place. I'm there to exercise and get the hell out of there as fast as I can.
Speaker 7: A lot of people see the gym as a meet up place.
Speaker 2: Really O. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, she says, well, this is where it takes another different interesting thing to me was she said, you, well, my husband's trainer suggested this exercise and then she goes into great detail to show me how to do it. And she said, give me your number and I'll text you the information. I said, okay, I wasn't going to ask her for a number or give my number. I never would have done that in a million years, because that's way too far down the road of I said sure and uh, and I gave her my number and she texted me the information and I said thanks, like with a wow.
Speaker 2: I did not see that. It was a little charts on Twist with a little chart on how to do the exercise, and here's.
Speaker 5: Some tasteful nude pictures of me and right. Also, I enjoy long walks at midnight and then on the beach.
Speaker 4: I did do the exercise and for the first time, my butt muscles are sore, so I will continue that one.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: That's the that's the next card, Ashley. That's the right exercise for me to increase my butt ducks.
Speaker 5: Can you suggest an exercise that would make my glutes sore, as if you spanked me good en arm?
Speaker 2: Is that what she said? Door?
Speaker 4: Sometimes when I'm hanging from my sex chair, my quads get loose, and I wonder if I could take them up some Now I wonder if there's I'd never thought about this till now, because I've been ruminating about this because I felt it made me feel really uncomfortable. She as soon as she dropped it, well my husband, I thought, you think I'm hitting on you. I'm not hitting on you.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking to him question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it made me feel bad and uh, but then when she asked for my number and then sent me the thing and I said thanks, and then she didn't reply at all, So she wasn't hitting on me by asking for a number.
Speaker 2: I thought, this is a completely non.
Speaker 4: Hitting on each other normal used to happen interaction between two grown ups, like.
Speaker 2: I wasn't hittingen on you. You weren't hitting on me.
Speaker 4: I asked you a question, you answered it like two grown ups that aren't trying to do anything else other interact in the world.
Speaker 7: The interaction post the her, you know, my husband's trainer, and then probably interacting with you.
Speaker 2: She probably went, okay, this is just a regular.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking safe enough quickly talking to me, she realized I'm not like, yeah, I don't looking to hook up.
Speaker 2: Vibe.
Speaker 4: Just sad old man with earth. Just a sad old man with a flabby ass, that's what I'm talking to. Anything I can do to help him out?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it was a very shorthand ways saying I'm faithfully married. Do you still want to know about the exercise?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh you think that's what it was. That's interesting.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, So if I had been hitting on her as soon as she mentioned her husband, I'd have been like, never mind and walked away, or.
Speaker 7: Just acted not interested, or you said something.
Speaker 5: Else, something that glazed look in your eyes that you weren't actually looking, and she would know.
Speaker 7: But I mean, if you were acting genuinely interested in the exercise and that was a legit question, then that that anxiety goes away.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's tough to interact in the modern world. Well, in certain places. In other places it's not. It's the same as it's always been.
Speaker 2: So coming up.
Speaker 5: A conservative takes a shot at the Republicans, and he's absolutely right, and a left he takes a shot at the Democrats, and he's absolutely right.
Speaker 2: I thought they were both pretty good takes. All right, I'm going to tease this again at risk of being having things thrown at me. No, don't even say it. They'd come across an Epstein email I thought was pretty interesting. I just I'm with her say it again.
Speaker 4: Sister husband said he doesn't want to hear about the Epstein email, so never mind, I don't care about. Okay, we got all that coming up. Stay here, excellent text. I'm not going to reset what we just talked about. It uh talked about if you get the podcast Armstrong and getting on demand for the whole story about women being comfortable interactions.
Speaker 2: We got this text.
Speaker 4: So in the kind of area I live in, it's okay for women to be afraid of men in all situations unless that guy is in your dressing room with you naked. Then if you're a little uncomfortable with him, there's something wrong with you.
Speaker 2: How about that? So, in a public space, normal.
Speaker 4: Interaction, you should be kind of uncomfortable that a man has talked to you in the locker room. Guy there with a swing in dingis if you're uncomfortable, there's something wrong with you.
Speaker 2: You're a bit of a transphobe, right, you're a pigot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is a great, great analysis of the hypocrisy of the whole intersectional madness thing. Please, it's just loving being a victim, loving grievance. Grievance is the gasoline of the left. What's that on both ends of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah, one hundred percent. So a couple of things. I hope we can squeeze this then If not, we'll continue on next hour. If you don't get Next Hour, grab it via podcast Armstrong and getting on demand. You probably ought to follow us or subscribe. Rich Lowry of the National Review, great writer, a great guy, taking a shot at the Republicans after a quick shot at the Democrats talking about the big shutdown fight, but extending those Obamacare subsidies and that those ought to be you know, continued in perpetuity the party's position in effect, he writes, this is a great description. What the Democrats were trying to do was we passed a sweeping healthcare reform that we promised with lower costs, and now it's done the opposite. So it is incumbent on Republicans than the name of all that is good and right to support additional subsidies for the law forever.
Speaker 4: That's a pretty good and the any point, I wish there was anybody that could have gone on one of those talk shows and made that point.
Speaker 1: No kidding, just one of them, not to mention that they should have messaging that all of them, though, How didn't somebody say to Christian Walker, wait a second, on Meet the Press, wait a second, So you're telling me the Affordable Care Act you need subsidies for people to afford it.
Speaker 2: Well, then apparently it wasn't very affordable. Yeah, yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 5: And like that old politico said many years ago, there are two parties in Washington, the Evil Party and the Stupid Party. Anyway, But then Rich points out the GOP is so hopeless on healthcare it will have trouble countering the argument. Fifteen years after the passage of Obamacare, and after a major attempt to repeal it early in Trump's first term, they still lack a concrete alternative the Republican Party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true, and that's bothered me from the beginning. But you realize we were just one.
Speaker 2: But hurt.
Speaker 4: John McCain thumbs down from changing all that he was so angry at Trump for Trump saying, you know, in my opinion, heroes don't get captured, which was an awful thing to say. John McCain was so mad about that he voted thumbs down when they actually had the momentum to do something about Obamacare.
Speaker 2: Wow, damn it. Wow.
Speaker 5: As Avic Roy of the Foundation for Research on Equal Opportunity points out, Barry Obama ran for president promising Obamacare would reduce premiums by as much as twenty five hundred bucks per family. That was every bit as dishonest as if you like your plan, you can keep your plan, and indeed the costs have skyrocketed anyway. Rich has some suggestions, but yeah, the the Republican Party has to develop an alternative. They have to come up with a coherent message for what's wrong with Obamacare and then what to do about it.
Speaker 2: Otherwise you don't deserve to govern.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the way, but politically it would have to include covering the same number of people, and I just don't know that that's workable.
Speaker 5: Well, all right, we're doomed as a country then, And you're right, by the way, You're almost certainly right. And then I thought this was interesting, undeniably a man of the left, the kind of center normal left. For Reid Zacharia, why Democrats keep flailing. Voters aren't rejecting government, They're rejecting leaders who can't run it effectively. And then he writes, it's hard to see how the government shut down and reopenings anything other than a defeat for the Democrats, A high stakes confrontation that ended with their own goals unmet and their message muddled. Blah blah blah. Shutdown reinforces the image of the Democrats is feckless. They promise wonderful sounding new programs free childcare, for example, but in fact preside over bloated bureaucracies and inept execution. If America has an affordability crisis tends to be in the place Democrats governed, like New York, Illinois, California, which all feature high taxes, soaring housing costs, and stagnant outcomes in basic areas like education and infrastrut How good for you for.
Speaker 4: Reied Zagaria for writing that it's so obos is true. The fact that that doesn't get commented on more often. The places where this sort of thing is being tried is where it's least affordable to live.
Speaker 2: Doesn't anybody notice that? Well?
Speaker 5: And I could almost forgive that if the education was excellent for the poor little kids, for instance, if the streets were safe, if you know, if people could rise up.
Speaker 2: Roads well paved.
Speaker 4: Mentally, ill are all in hospitals because the atomic opportunity for go getters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all of it.
Speaker 5: And he goes into a fair amount of detail about how miserable New York has become fiscally and education and a bunch of other things under Mike after Mike Bloomberg left office and de Blaggio took over, and how it's going to be worse under Mumdani and the frightening amounts of money New York State spends. It's spending has risen from roughly seventy billion dollars in two thousand to two hundred and thirty billion dollars today, out twice Florida's expenditure, even though Florida has several million more residents. And he points out Illinois ranks among the top in public education spending, yet.
Speaker 2: Is middling in fourth grade reading and mass scores at best. Wow, that should be the only answer democrats have is spend more. Yeah, we need more money.
Speaker 4: The reason it's been Republican cuts to education is why we're failing, even though you're spending more money than it's ever been spent.
Speaker 2: That's mad.
Speaker 5: I know it's practically a political cliche, but the evil Party and the Stupid Party is it's pretty close to true.
Speaker 4: We do a lot of hours of this goat rodeo every single week, twenty hours, and if you ever miss a segment or an hour, you can get it in podcast form, listen to it at your leisure. You should subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand. That's the best way to do it. How are things looking at our store, the Armstrong and Getty Superstore.
Speaker 5: Well, speaking of democratic governance, people are loving the ruin the entire country Newsome twenty twenty eight t shirts and we're working on some bumper stickers for you.
Speaker 2: What the hell the podcast? Oh? You can also get links to the podcast there.
Speaker 5: Throw us five star review on the podcast, helps us in the algorithms and more people get here are common sense thinking?
Speaker 2: Okay? Armstrong in getty dot com.
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty