Speaker 1: Wind down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast Ellies.
Speaker 2: We are back. I take back everything I said last week. The movie was great. It was honorable.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh boy, it's so good. I was like, what are we taking back?
Speaker 2: I still hat football.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 2: I was obviously very nervous, and I was downplaying, as I do because that's just what I do. But I'm watching it and I'm like hearing people laughing in the premiere and I I saw a few people kind of wipe a little tear away, and I'm like, this isn't the same. It's good. You have elevated yourself and you don't even know it. Well, it's the material. But I'm so excited. I hope you guys go see it. It's still in theaters, so go see it because it's.
Speaker 1: It's so good. You'll love it.
Speaker 2: It was exciting. What an experience we had a of a dress malfunction.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that I'd.
Speaker 2: Be freaking out.
Speaker 1: Already running late, already we were running late.
Speaker 2: Your timing was magnificent, thank god. Yeah he made me happy, but yes, but it was so I put on a thong, but I go Catherine and this is a tan thong and I'm like, you can see the thong and then she's like, well, how shere is it? And I was like, well, I guess I really didn't.
Speaker 1: Try it on that well. It was very sheer.
Speaker 2: So at the end when they called us up and I'm like, oh god, spotlights. This is why my hands were right.
Speaker 1: From big feather.
Speaker 2: I mean, I already don't like being in front of people, so I'm already you know, I get a little, you know, weird, but that was I was like, I have to have all the feathers right in front just in case she shines. That is not what needs to be shining.
Speaker 1: What was so weird is it never looked that way that night. No, No, I would know the house. It was like whoa house lighting?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Great? And then we got there and I was like, okause I kept an eye on it, and.
Speaker 2: We were Pam drove over uh spanks because the spanks thing too that I have, we're not you can see the line. So yeah, we're trying to find the seamless ones and so Pam had.
Speaker 1: I need you to do something right now, and he's like so slow. You know how we talked about men are really slow.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, no, no, like nothing beat Scottish time. Okay, truth, Oh, I will give you that.
Speaker 1: Oh I got to see that one firsthand too.
Speaker 2: She did, did I need let's go day by day by day by day by day? Oh did you see that?
Speaker 3: When do we get to know about kit Kat's bts?
Speaker 2: And it's a long week.
Speaker 1: It was a very long, busy week.
Speaker 2: So premiere went, great, thank you guys for showing up. Oh, that's a pleasure of our life. Are you kidding me? So fun? I do have a wine about it that pertains to that night, so stay tuned. Okay, but let's continue on with me. Let's go to Wednesday. Wednesday, so the next day opry okay, So I again don't really try on the outfit. I sent Jesse a few photos and said, uh, you know which one because because she asked what I was wearing, and I said, girl, I don't, I don't know, you know. So I took a couple of pictures and she said that with that great that I brought another pair of pants just in case. Right, Oh it wasn't looking good? No, but yeah, it was like an hour away. But what was worse? No, you guys, I was mortified. I don't feel like you get easily mortified, is that true? M Not easily, not easily. I feel like all the three of us have a great deal of humility. So we're just like, oh, yes, happened embarrassing, you know, So bring the kids, it's really fun and we can go back to the Scottish time. But I so we sound and there's no wedge in front, and so we were doing in ears, but the person that was singing before us had a wedge. But I didn't rehearse with the wedge, and so when I went out there that first verse, I was so pitchy because the wedge was there because I had in ear and one ear in, one in ear in and one ear out that I couldn't find because because I couldn't hear the band because I just heard the wedge in me. And it was one of those moments where I was like shit, like I know, I can't restart, no like that she was sailed and we're there and oh my god, but it and so then I just moved away from the wedge and then put my ear back in and then finally found the note.
Speaker 3: For people listening the wedge would be she can hear herself. The in ears are what like would make her connect to the band in the back, So like, do you always see musicians with their little ears in they call ears? Which is funny because I said I found Preston's ears in the garage and Christine was like, whoa, but like, so that is what she's saying. So when you get disconnected from one, you can't hear the other.
Speaker 2: Right And I'm already guys, not selin beyond, so like and it's opry too. Opry comes at the different levels like pressure and it's not your people there. I saw real sweet person that had a little poster, so it's already you're not comfy. And I don't sing out a lot, so it had nerves attached to it. But what I love about Catherine is she may come off stage and she's like, great job, and I go, no that first first she goes, yeah, that was bad, and she goes, but you collected yourself, And I'm like, but this is what I love about Catherine because she's like yeah, everyone I was like, no, it was great. I was like no, no, I like even Catherine said, okay, I know it.
Speaker 3: SCD like, did you call me and you're like and Catherine even told me it sounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That that's what. Yeah, first, I love you, you know, because you're gonna be honest with me when everyone else is like no, it was great. I'm like no, but I right, you know. But anyways, there was that. But we did have a food dilemma and she saw the Scottish time. Would you like to let.
Speaker 1: Me just say back to the you being off Other people didn't notice, like I think they truly didn't notice, but I would know, so I mean, but yes, it was fine. You locked in quickly and everything sounded great after that.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was the grim scene front row that makes you feel differently.
Speaker 2: It was a crowd, it was it happened to the worst of them.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that Oprey crowd no offense, probably had no clue, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also like they're excited to be entertained. So yeah, yeah, and she just pumped. Yeah, she did great.
Speaker 1: Let me start the food conversation by We had to be there at five o'clock for five thirty rehearsals, knowing the traffic would be terrible, like we have got to leave by four jan She's like, I get it, blah blah blah. So we did. He picked up the trads.
Speaker 2: Early, yeah, from school, got them all ready because they really wanted to come to So I changed the days because usually Mike has Wednesdays. And I was like, hey, the kids really want to go with the opera. He's like absolutely. So that was all great, settled planned. We left right at four yep, and still didn't get their jell about five fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try to thank you. This is a four o'clock leave for a eight forty pm performance. And Jana Kramer has to eat dinner.
Speaker 2: No no, no, not just me, oh the kids, no no, but I mean yeah, people have to eat. Everybody has to everyone has to eat. It was a little just me.
Speaker 1: I like this about you, that you need to eat dinner, that you're not going to.
Speaker 2: Just wait until you are not one. I'm not an ale skipper. Having said that, I do skip lunch at times and I eat.
Speaker 1: A bar, but you're not eating, You're not missing dinner.
Speaker 2: Dinner is my favorite meal the day. It's my favorite part about being on tour.
Speaker 1: And that's very healthy and very good, and I'm glad that we don't just skip dinner when we are working. Thank you at four o'clock to nine o'clock is kind of my point in all of that. But yes, everyone needed to eat dinner, so we're already missing dinner time.
Speaker 2: So what I said was, let's and I'm a I'm a one up ahead. I would be the best personal Assistan ever. So I'm like, I'm going to order the food so that it's there pretty much when we get there. So when we get there, we can eat, we can sound check, and then we can eat and everybody's happy and fed. So I go on door dash and I deliver U, which looking back, I should have just gone to the restaurant and picked it up. But again, timing wise, uh, So I ordered cheesecake and put to the delivery to the artist entrance.
Speaker 1: And then well, first we get there, and when we're checking in at the artist entrance, we let them know, hey, we're going to have a door dash. He's like, okay, great, just let the guy inside know, like I'll video or I'll i'll walk youe them, blah blah blah blah blah. So we go in and we said it and we tell him he's like, oh, good luck, and I'm like the sweet o man, We're not ever getting this food, Like they're never going to figure out how to get here ever, Like.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna I've been there a trillion times and I sometimes don't remember how.
Speaker 1: To get to the artists. They're super confused.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's super confusing.
Speaker 2: Well, so they dropped the order off. Have no idea where this said drop off location was. They took a picture of it, but now.
Speaker 1: Now it becomes a skencher. There was a mess So she goes to rehearse. I go out there with her, but I have her phone and so I'm looking at it and I'm like, okay. They had messaged. They're like, hey, can I meet you at the welcome peer? So I text Alan. I'm like, hey, I'm gonna get some videos of her. He's not up there with us, and I said, it says the welcome peer if you can kind of figure. So he's like where's that. I'm like, I have no idea. He's asking people all the things. So then we come off from rehearsal and I'm like, y'all go back there. I'm going to go venture. So I just go out front. I'm like, there's no way this guy figured out how to go to the back. So I'm just going to go out front, which is in and of itself a whole thing to do because I don't have a ticket, got to go through security, you gotta do all this stuff. It's raining, you know all the things. Your hair is at a blow dry. Now it's not. I already felt it for you when you said rain, but I was so it was literally like, I'm like, I'm gonna find this food. The very least, I'm going to find the welcome center.
Speaker 2: It will be frozen by the time we get it. Was fine with this food, so I did.
Speaker 1: I talked to all these really really sweet people, found the welcome peer, but there is no food to be found. So I don't know if he ever dropped it off at all, because the photo like you can see it in the back, but it looks like it's in his car and then or somebody took the food. We found it, but no food. So then we go back and we're like, okay, it's like probably closer.
Speaker 2: Kids have asked a million times, yeah, their food. They're they're hungry, and it's like that's stressing because I want them to be fed first and.
Speaker 1: Foremost, and there's only popcorn there. Yes, it's like even if you could choose to just eat a bunch of junk for dinner, you know what I mean, Like there's like there's no there's.
Speaker 2: Already lets them split a bag to just hold them over right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like there was truly no options, you know. I so so this. So Alan's like, Okay, I'll order it and go kick it up, oh boy, to which this is probably close to six At this point, Jana is doing her hair makeup and I'm just sitting here watching this gym go down. You know. It's just like, so, Alan, what time is is pick up?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: What he was He wasn't even saying. He wasn't really saying much because it's we already knew the order in which I ordered it within less than five minutes, no joke. It probably took this me in thirty minutes to actually order the food because I kept saying how many times did I nicely say too, like yeah, maybebe so did you put the order in?
Speaker 1: You asked a couple of times if he'd put the order in.
Speaker 4: He didn't really give us a direct ND no, I really did not thinking back now he really didn't, because I'm watching this whole thing go down and going I don't know if he's ordered the food because it wasn't like a yes I ordered yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's also kind of like weird in those moments because like for me, because I'm like, wait, should I be the one ordering the food and going to get it? But like sometimes you would rather them go get it and maybe with you, And so it's kind of this awkward kind of figuring it out anyway, but there's part of me that wants to.
Speaker 2: Go, I want me to just order it, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And so like finally she's like okay, So she takes a different approach and she's like, hey, Alan, so where time is pickup?
Speaker 2: And he's like, because all's gonna go to pickug He's like, well, I just placed order.
Speaker 1: Now he had still not even placed. He was like, I'm working on it, and he's like still still in his lab trying to load the door dash. So finally gets it ordered and then she's like okay, so what times pick up or whatever? And so she puts out the whole thing and how she would handle this and like, okay, so if pick up is six forty five, let's say, why don't we get there twenty minutes early and like you can say that you're there and then like maybe they'll bring it out early blah blah blah. And he still doesn't really say much. He's kind of just sitting there, and I'm like nervous because like, we got hungry kids, we get hungry, and he's just sitting here. Yeah, it was, and they were getting hungry and they were getting like super antsy, and it also would keep them like contained and like sitting and not being.
Speaker 2: And they have all the thing's place.
Speaker 1: The ways gets kids to just like children on it too. But so then finally after a while he's like, well, I'll just go ahead and put that I'm on my way.
Speaker 2: Lord, we're timing with the calendar on my way button. She's like, yeah, that's a great idea, but are you on your way?
Speaker 1: I go there's an I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, well I would have already pressed that, and I go same, oh, Alan, and I think he's He's like I think I'm gonna go and I'm like that sounds like a great idea.
Speaker 1: So calm and not in the least worried in that moment, though, And I'm sitting here just going you can feel it well, And I'm like, like, women get angry. I get I get angry, get hangry, I get angry, I get angry all the things. I am actually kind of okay because I'd eaten a little bit later, so like I was fine, but I know how I would be in that moment. So I'm just sitting back and I'm like, and he's so calm, which would drive me a little bit more crazy if I'm being completely But I was like the fact that like you're saying these things and he's not even really responding, I'm like, oh God, is she gonna lose it? Because I might lose it, didn't it you'd be proud of you. Yeah, you did great.
Speaker 2: But I was just like, I think you should go now.
Speaker 3: I think you should do something anything do I like, give me the illusion of progress.
Speaker 2: That's what I told my husband. Just been in a circle, stand up and start your arms. Make me feel like you were en route to something.
Speaker 1: He could have left twenty minutes earlier. He might have come back at the same time with the food, but it would have felt like we were getting somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it just felt so far away. But when it came back, it was, yeah, it was it was good. And then the performance went down to the cold.
Speaker 1: It was not that.
Speaker 2: It was a tumultuous Wednesday. So let's just oh good, fast forward through Wednesday.
Speaker 1: So then it was what did we do Thursday?
Speaker 2: Something? I feel like I had football game that night. Okay, I can't remember. But then we went to then Halloween Halloween. Halloween Halloween was great. It was so fun. It was so you know, just so great dressing up. You know, we had Mike come over. I've always invited. I feel like that's kind and the right thing to do for the kiddos, and so that was nice. And uh and then Saturday morning, we had a three in front of our alarm number and we flew to One Tree Hill, One Treill, Wilmington for One Tree Hill Convention, which is always so fun, and Catherine came.
Speaker 1: And uh, yeah, yeah, that was great.
Speaker 2: It was fun. Yeah, I love a good convention. It was the last one of the year. They love so I'm so grateful that show just keeps seeing people keep watching and they want us to be there and it's it's you know, I had such a small part, but yet it's been really fun to be included.
Speaker 1: And Alex and then you did the drama Queen's Podcast, which that was really fun to watch all of y'all reminisce on all of the things. Everybody was funny, it was it was. That was fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was really nice. Yeah, so yeah, it was. It was quite a week. And we also got a call. Oh, I knew it was coming. I was laying it was Homer Simpson. It was hearing into the bushes. We got a call. You were in the car, got sam it. I thought maybe I could go a whole episode without it. Oh, we don't have to. We can skirt buy it. Yeah, let's skirt. We can skirt by it, and you can bring it up when you want to chat about it. But it was one of those it was been it an emotional phone call from me on speakerphone. Well I didn't know, friend, no, I answer. I got the kiddos in the car, which I had left that piece out, And then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said, Janna, you said that.
Speaker 2: You said it was you and Catherine and Allen, and I was like, that seems like good safe, please lost it. We were had a hard Wednesday for KB.
Speaker 3: We did have a hard Wednesday. Everyone's by life so excited for you. I'm excited for me too, and I honestly have a very different attitude this week. Also, last week was and this is sweet. We have a really precious ballet studio, but love goes five days right now to ballet.
Speaker 2: And so every day was a theme day last week. So we had Neon Day, and.
Speaker 3: We had you know, and then there was a movie premiere in the middle, and we had Disney Day and Superhero Day and Crazy Hair Day at school and then crazy Hair Day in socc day at ballet.
Speaker 2: It was just like a lot.
Speaker 3: And so by the time I got to Wednesday and I found out that my sweet Saint Christine will no longer be working with us.
Speaker 2: I was just like, you might as well have put me. Oh, you might as well just put me on an island.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't have family here and I'm alone, and I don't have a husband home, and I'm already shuffling kids and how am I going to do this? And I it felt overwhelming. I did and I allowed myself to spiral. The thing is when you share forty hours a week with someone, you grow to love them. And I love her and she's twenty eight and she keeps me young and she's fun and listen, it's a new season for both.
Speaker 2: Of us, and I I feel excited. I feel really excited for me this week.
Speaker 3: Last week, I think it was hard to We're coming into CMA week, so we have like late nights and a lot of moving pieces and CMA prep week where you're trying to get hot in a week, you know, and you're doing all the things maintenance, and then there's Thanksgiving in December and the Christmas. It just was all at once and I just cried, which I I know I cry a lot on here, but I actually don't cry outside of youre ever, which is embarrassing to say.
Speaker 2: But I like allowed myself to just be sad, good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and phone a front or three with the family for five and I might have thrown an egg mins in their boop. And that's when Jan was like and the kids are in the car, and I was like, oh, I literally answered, speak and he's in the car.
Speaker 1: Even though I mean you can guess in front of her it doesn't really matter. But I usually just I announced it from.
Speaker 2: The get go. Well, I do take you off to within a few minutes because I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Well, I also you writ cap like out yeah, yeah, Well the good news is with Alan, I know n F Bomb's welcome, so that's why this will be cozy. Anyways, happens to the best of us.
Speaker 2: There's that. Anything you want to share from your week.
Speaker 1: Or Halloween was great. My daughter had a great Halloween. It was she met some new friends. It was awesome. It was great. That's all I can ask for. I got to I did leave Ramsey for like half a second to take inmy to a party and came back. She didn't even notice I was gone. Everybody was happy, So I'm happy. It was good.
Speaker 2: It was a great week. Yeah, we're going to read happy Halloween.
Speaker 1: It's funny though, because my sister in law showed up and she was like, oh my gosh, this is going on with my son and this is going She's like, I hate Halloween, and I was like, it's something about It's just it's it's a hard season when kids grow up and like who are they with? Who are they trick or treating with? Like it can be a moment of feeling very left out, and so it was just saving space for her, and I'm like, I'm sorry, I've been there. I think it's hard.
Speaker 2: But it was good though. I got so many messages on your behalf.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's sweet.
Speaker 2: I got so I bet you Denny because I got residual and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, whoa, Okay, I think almost the most on this one.
Speaker 2: You know what else. I got a lot of messages on.
Speaker 1: Football.
Speaker 2: People hate football.
Speaker 1: I'm not all people hate football.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, I'm quite shocked about that. I mean people, but they're they're they're with they're with you in the comments. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't try to look at the comments. I get very nervous about the comment comments. But the dms came a flood in and I was like, oh, we are in it.
Speaker 2: O good. Yeah, I feel really supported.
Speaker 1: Everybody know I still support you. I just added to did you watch football?
Speaker 2: Guy? I sure didn't, and I will try again next Sunday.
Speaker 3: Wait was that video not of y'all watching football? That was the Saturday football? He was watching football. I sat on the ground and attempted, okay, to watch the football. Tempt Yeah, I made. I made it five minutes.
Speaker 1: But okay, well that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so I have a whine about it. I think I have already processed what I'm going to do. Okay, okay, because I've taken some time with it. It's fun to see if what we want you to do will match. Yeah, right, Yeah, it's interesting to say because so I've made what I'm going to do. It might be nothing, it might be something. Okay, we'll get there. So I invited someone to the premiere. That was a friend. I'm not going to say good friend. I'm not going to say I'm not even going to give the the the Internet's loose anything with this one. Okay, just going to say a friend. And I had gotten a message from one of my other friends, lovely friend, who had texted me saying, oh, their sitter had canceled and left them in a buye. And I said reply back, girl, no worries at all, I love you. Let's get together soon. It's been a minute. But this said friend did not text, didn't say that they weren't coming. And by the way, I had very limited seats, very small theater. It's a very small theater, and I was very mindful of the people that I gave seats to.
Speaker 1: And I think that people knew that too, I would assume. So I got the group that I was on, it was like, hey, can I have my kids? Can?
Speaker 2: I not? Right? And I had said, if it's going there to be yeah, if there's room, then yes you can, right.
Speaker 1: So I think we all kind of knew, like, hey, we're on like a seat budget here, right it did you framed it that way from the beginning, yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so when that person didn't show up, it was obvious because I'd put them in our section, right, But what hurt was that there wasn't a message saying, hey, can't make it, and you know, I've even I've thought about it, but there's okay, there's two pieces. But they had told one of our other friends that they weren't coming.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know that part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they had. When the person was going to try to maybe drive together or coordinate, they said, oh, actually i'm you know, because of X, I'm not going to be able to. Now I was invited to something someone's place that we that we know, and I'm not really close with this person. But I even was like, hey, you know, thank you so much for the invite. I'm not going to be able to make it, you know, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I've been doing this eboo treatment and I wasn't feeling well and so I'm just going to stay home tonight. So I always think it's kind to say that you're not going to come. Now. Having said that, there have been times where if it's a big mass thing, like I got invited to our neighbor's Halloween party, I r SVPDES, but I didn't text because it was just a Halloween party, and honestly I forgot. I didn't forget about the party, but I forgot to text, and thinking back like I probably should have, but it was a lot of moving pieces and I didn't. So there are times when I also fall short of replying. But most times I will respond I can't come. And in that instance, when I think about it, if it's a friend that's having a premiere, I would have at least said, like I knew if Legends Baseball you had said, well, you know, I might not be able to go one hundred percent. I totally get that. You know, we all have life, Just like I couldn't show up to your event because I had to go to be a jolie. I was three kids, three different ways. Yeah, different practices and games. But that's again reiterating how I knew it was. The seat count was important because I said, if you need to give up our seeds, totally do that. We weren't known till closer to right.
Speaker 1: Well, I could have used an extra seed, was going to be that my other daughter could have come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And so the thing that bothers me is when I think about it, I'm like close enough as a friend to say, hey, you know, sorry, I can't make it. And also either congrats or I don't even need a congrats. But more so just the even the one girlfriend that I'm not as close to had said, you know, congrats on the premiere. Are so excited for you. So sorry we can't make it. So it really a piece of me. So there was two things where do I respond, Again, I've already made my decision, but I'm going to bring it to you guys. I guess my wine about it is now again where I said, I've fallen short before, but I do think it's nice to respond and say I can't make it. So I guess that's my wine. Again. I know I've fallen short at times with that, but so I was gonna maybe text this person and say, hey, really bummed that I didn't hear from you and that you had told someone else you weren't coming, but you didn't give me I could have used the extra seat. And also, you know, I guess it just bummed me out. But then the other side of it is not to because that kind of just shows me what the friendship is. So where I've come to it, Do you guys want to answer? And then I tell you what I'm going to do? Or is this JD or is it ww KD? What do you mean? What would you do? Are we answering or what do you want to know? What I'm gonna do? Or do you guys want to answer? What you answer? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I want to say with your thing, I felt awful because she has sent it. Yeah, you had sent a group thing. I don't even know if I responded when you said it. If I don't, I know I said I know, I didn't say I could come. But when it came around and you posted, I was like, oh my god, that was tonight.
Speaker 2: Like and so I don't.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm saying that to all say we have all fallen short on that, and then there is like, uh, you know, so I'm glad you bring that up because like I hated that, Like I'm sure you didn't think anything of it.
Speaker 3: No, what I would say is you too there, which is really sweet. So I will I just want to say this part because this is actually really sweet. You two there makes me feel comfortable because that's what we usually do together, right, right, So I was like, if I have you, it'll be like a superpower, right. But also, this is my It was probably the biggest thing I've done by myself, so I was like, all the way it was supposed to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But still, like we have those moments of where we meant to text and say that we weren't or whatever, and then we feel terrible about it or whatever. So I do think sometime maybe there's a little bit of a benefit of the doubt with people on things like that, like oh, they just got wrapped up in life and they didn't remember her telling the other friend that she wasn't going or whatever. That that makes it a little bit different.
Speaker 2: It's also hard when it's a ticketed. This is sidificated.
Speaker 1: She said she'd be there how many she wanted. You know, that definitely feels a little bit different. But yeah, we all do fall short on stuff like that in life, you know, in our life, and but when it happens to us, it hurts and it's you know, it's it's hard. Having said that, my answer would be as hard as this is for me. I would not say anything, and I would just know that's where the friendship is.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm trying to put on my objective. Here's what I'll say you if it would make me.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I like to write the response. You and I have this in common. We'll write the response and not send it all. Sometimes I just need it out of my body the yeah time. So I would write it no matter what. And then I think I also would just make note of where the friendship. I would venture to say that this isn't surprising maybe or maybe this feels in character for where the friendship has been, so it could be fine just to leave it and to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that does feel a little bit different, you know. If I can say, y'all haven't been as close probably as y'all have been in the past quite possibly, so that also and I have that with another friend, So that's why maybe it feels a little bit different versus had y'all been, you know, hanging out all the time in the last little you know or.
Speaker 3: Whatever, right and no tech sense correct, just to clarify, okay, because I also think there's obviously we're like the three most grace giving people.
Speaker 2: So if it was like a there's been a DM shared but not of a but of a meme, oh something like funny anything about anything about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm in the season of I'm in the season of just allowing people to show me who they are. I'm trying and I and not even it's not judgmental, it's not bad. It's just I love who I love so deeply, and I have to remember not maybe everybody feels that same way back or counts it as important or you know, like there was something that happened recently that I wasn't invited to and I was like, huh.
Speaker 1: A little.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say hurt, because that's not fair and there's enough on someone's plate during a special time like this, but I just was like whoa, Okay, But then I also was like, how much of effort have I put into a friendship? So I wouldn't I'm not, I don't. I don't think this person's wrong for not inviting me at all at all, but I it just kind of was a sobering moment of like, I haven't put much energy in because I've probably just been tending to babies, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's fair to feel hurt in that moment and then also go okay, but why yeah and evaluate how I even say as a friend versus that's what I'm also trying to do. I'm like, well, what have I done to contribute if I'm not invited? Like instead of just getting hurt because I'm so sensitive to that, sure, okay, but what have I been doing to contribute to this friendship? And trying to do It's not easy, but trying to do more of that.
Speaker 3: So I actually invited her out to lunch. I was like, I really would love to just like get I miss you yeah instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So yeah, I'm not saying anything okay, good, good, good, because it's just because I did the I did wrote it out good, and then I just I can tell you wrote it out yeah, because that's the way he framed it. I looked at it and I go and I even had it in the message was about to hit sen and I do this almost all the time. I just went click click click click click, deleat because it's just for what Yeah, you know, and it's it is what it is love. There's no fallout, there's no bad blow. It's just sure not as close and that's okay. Yeah, season it's not not friends. Yeah no, I but I also know what I know now and I'm okay, yeah that makes sense. Yeah, yeah, I'm proud of you. Jonathan Bailey is the Sexiest Man Alive twenty twenty five. Agree or disagree? I agree? Agree or disagree?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I think I agree.
Speaker 2: Do you disagree? I think he's fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I don't like have a huge sexiest.
Speaker 3: Man Alive is so awesome to me. I love that they still do it. I feel like there's going to come a time or we're going to get way too. I just think George Schlooney should always be it.
Speaker 2: I think he is the most handsome minus my husband, of course, but like he's just yeah, no, he is for sure, So to me, he is a mixture between Hugh Jackman and Tom Hardy. Look at this photo right there, a little bit of Tom, like a skinny Tom Hardy. Yeah, I could see it's Hugh Jackman. But yeah, I mean he is. I think he's very handsome. Again, I would I would vote for my Scottish husband to be on there, but I vote Preston. Preston. I think that Nick Woodard would also make it. He is the first openly I believe that I read that right? Did I believe that right? Did I read that right? The first openly gay man on the man?
Speaker 3: But I'm like, okay, and yeah, I actually couldn't. I didn't know that there wasn't one before him. Yeah, no, we're talking about the specimen, not who cares the specimen dates.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so yeah, I think what an honor may'd be great. Speaking of George Clooney though he's classic, he opens up about marriage with wife Emal and why they've never had an argument, and I gotta say so they say, you know, people actually get frustrated with them that they don't have an argument. But he's like, man, you want to paint the wall collar red? Paint the wall collar red. You know it's you don't really don't care about these things. But do you guys agree that they've never had an argument?
Speaker 1: No, Nope, not even in the least.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I could see where maybe you someone avoids it going to a place and just not having an opinion or not like whatever.
Speaker 2: But I love arguments because it means passion. Yeah, and I don't mean like, you know, the drag out crazy I'm not talking about that, but like any kind of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Preston has said to me before, He's like, no one's ever gotten me to in place where I've just been like, ah, you know, And he's like, but you've done that, and I said, I know. But it's also because we're fighting for something in those moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe what's the definition of Maybe their definition of an argument is different.
Speaker 2: That's what I was just going to say. I think there's a definition because I don't I don't believe that someone can't have a disagreement or an right right a slash argument, now a blow up fight. I don't think everyone has a blow up sure, No, yeah, I would. I would agree that he could say that we've never had a big blow up argument, and maybe that's what he thinks is an argument.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 2: Now I love for that person to go back and be like, well, have you had a disagreement even though he says a paint you know, why would that be a discussion or an argument. I believe they've probably had tension in discussion, which would be I would think an argument, argumentment. But I think we probably say a different description of what that is.
Speaker 1: I just think humans have arguments and disagreements in life and in general friends.
Speaker 2: Do people do that? Are? You know?
Speaker 1: So it's just really hard to imagine living with someone, being with someone that want and not having any kind of arguments. Yeah, I just can't. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I actually have a family member and like their tagline is I don't do conflict, And I remember bringing it to therapist I am. At one point she was like, well, that means they're not doing life.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. It's just that's the avoid right.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's the thing too, you know, interesting the conflict comment because Alan used to say that a lot. He's like, I don't I struggle with conflict, And that's his own you know, there's reasons why in his personal you know, life, maybe in childhood, whatever, but for him it's when you don't have conflict, then you're holding resentment, that's right, and that's not fair to the other person, right, you know, so you I don't want you and I've said this many times to him, you know, and he knows this. Now it's good, but it's like, I don't want you to hold something in that might be frustrating you, or or to avoid conflict, because then you're just shoving stuff in that I have no control how to help or make the situation better, and that's not really fair to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say, George is older, and so I know, even as we're getting into charities like you just know what's worth your effort or what you can see quickly? Is this even about the paink color?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: So the blow up fights don't really happen, right, it's just you're like, okay, yeah, right, go get the door out, right, Yeah yeah, yeah, right, right. But I'm sure there is some sort of I'm sure they've had a tip. I want them to have that because a tiff. I want him to be passionate. I don't want he's less hot to me if he's passing a guy I don't love. I want him to be guy that's like I kind of like it green instead of I don't think you have to have a tiff to be passionate. I hear what you're saying. I like, I like independence still matters. Still think you can and people can still get like. I also don't think it has.
Speaker 1: To be that hard too.
Speaker 2: Oh agreed, you know, Like I remember someone telling me that one time. He's like, it doesn't have to be as hard. It's like maybe just nobody wrongs. You know, it's just we can't we can't fit, you know, And that's where then you realize, all right, we're not we don't work. But you know, with them, like they might just again be at that age too where it's just okay, yeah again. Though I do think being married, and I mean, gosh, if you're them though, and you get all that money, what are you guys you're staring at George Clooney about.
Speaker 1: But maybe maybe it's just about the money.
Speaker 2: Maybe you.
Speaker 3: Don't know.
Speaker 2: Many people. I would love to.
Speaker 1: Do that work, gat let's try it on.
Speaker 2: Anybody want to involved Cat and I in their experiment. I want to strengthen my relationship with God. I'm forty three. I was born and raised Catholic, somewhere between an every Sunday Mass Catholic and a Christmas Easter Catholic. That was the same to me. As I've gotten older, I've really only gone to Mass for weddings, funerals, and holidays. I don't feel closeness with a Catholic church, nor do I feel like I get anything out of going to a traditional Catholic Mass. But I've been dealing with a lot of stress, depression, anxiety for about five years now, and for about six to ten years have been wanting to find a type of service that's more relatable. Also, I want to find ways to build my relationship with God on my own time outside of going to Mass or traditionally reading the Bible, because I frankly just don't get messages out of it. It's like I need a Bible for Dummi's book. I'd love any suggestions you all have on what has worked for you. Love your question, great question. I recently just got a new Bible. I got the She Reads Truth Bible, and that that has because I have opened my Bible, and you know, I try, and it's just really hard for me to connect to it and to read it and to understand it, and so I'm like, why do I keep doing this? There has to be something that's a little bit more traditional non traditional? Is that that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And so I got that one and I love it. Okay, it's been working great. Does it have like a reading plan with it has a reading plan? It has it walks you through like Okay, this is what they were talking about shame or this is when it talks about this. And I really like it and it makes me, it makes me want to open it. It takes a great overwhelmingness out of it. Yeah, where do you start? What do you do?
Speaker 1: Where do you Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, And then i'd also say, listen, I'm not going to tell you to walk away from the Catholic church, but I love going to the non denominational Christian church that we go to, and it maybe just and if you don't, if you're afraid to try that on in person, you can go to crosspoint dot com and you can watch their services or any other like that church, and then you might be able to get more out of a type of message like that. Because I always struggled in mass getting a message that I could understand relate to.
Speaker 3: And also there's just a lot of structure and rules and tradition, which I adore about Catholicism, but I also feel like almost Catholic people sometimes need a recovery program. Like there's a lot of guilt and shame, guilt and shame, guilt and shame like cycles. One thing I love is the Bible app So if you are new to just wanting to learn the different versions, like you can literally highlight a passage and so if it's in a very traditional sense or like old school speak, you can click a different version of it and it will allow you to read it in like several different versions.
Speaker 2: So there's like the new living translation.
Speaker 3: It's just very like common language feeling, and that's also helpful, and send you a daily Bible verse and it's just not so overwhelming. It's tiptoe. I also just love conversational prayer. I tell a lot of people this, but I love just like chatting it out. I think it doesn't have to be so there's like this overwhelming Where do you start things sometimes with people in prayer and coming back in to have religion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just conversationally.
Speaker 1: I'm a devotional girl. I mean, I love I am not as good as I would like to be just opening the Bible and just like reading, but I love to do several different devotionals and get different things. And then I'll open up my Bible and go to the verses that are in there and stuff like that. But I just posted one I loved. I love the one that I just got. I don't remember the names of them, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Is my favor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm done the favor that was so good. Love Sabor, She's the best. Yeah, but that's kind of my go to. And then I was gonna say with I don't know anything about Catholicism, and I don't know if it's like frowned upon to go, but I have heard that it is definitely easier message wise and to feel more connected and a more non denominational situation. Maybe try that.
Speaker 2: Well, ladies, see you next week. So yeah, I