Speaker 1: Quiet Please with Mel Reed and Kira Dixon is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hi, welcome back to Quia Please your favorite program. My name is Kira Dixon.
Speaker 3: Mel Reid also here today Weekend.
Speaker 4: Mel Weekend was good mate. We went into Denver, first date night. We've had a long time, and you're like this story. So it's March Madness. It's March Madness, which is Carly super Bowl. Obviously being a basketball player, so she's absolutely wetting herself over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: She's a baller.
Speaker 4: So when I met one of her friends, one of her teammates, actually they live in Denver, so went to meet them at sports park called Stony's if anyone knows in Denver. Very I actually really liked it, massive sports bar, very cool. Coming out of the bathroom, not directly at the bathroom, but going back to my table, and some guys stopped me and said he's a huge fan of the podcast. His name's Dougie.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Donnie, love you. That's not where I thought the story was going. I thought you were going to say, like I got stopped by some big sit or I ran into a celebrity or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you dougging into this show.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. I me neither. So yeah, I had a joke. And then yeah, and Cassette was in Denver. I met Cosmo.
Speaker 3: I love Cosmo. I I've gotten too hang with Cosmo a little bit. She's so chic and fabulous.
Speaker 5: She is. I mean, if if Cassette was to have a dog, that would be it. Cosmo was side eyding me.
Speaker 4: So bad because I had I was on the verge of getting a bit tipsy because obviously you know, and she was just judging me. And then I tried to walk out with her, and I thought I was walking out with Cosmo out the hotel.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize the extendable lead.
Speaker 4: I'd taken it like thirty feet away from them all, and the actual door, like the doors snapped in and Cosmo was a sat next to Cassette.
Speaker 5: So I just like, I can absolutely twat, But that was great.
Speaker 2: That's just such a dummy.
Speaker 5: I know, She's like, who is this? Like what was she doing?
Speaker 4: So yeah, so that was awesome to see them and Cosmo obviously famous Cosmo, and we woudn't see Chelsea Handler.
Speaker 5: She was fantastic. She's so dying, She's funny.
Speaker 4: Okay, So do you feel like, Okay, I got told off by Carly because sometimes when I go and watch comedy, Yeah, I feel pressured to laugh, so I don't laugh as much.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big in person comedy person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would rather have dinner with them and laugh.
Speaker 5: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to see them in their natural habitat. Yeah.
Speaker 5: She's like, why weren't you laughing? Match?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, because I feel like I'm forced to laugh. And it wasn't that she wasn't funny. She was funny. But do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 3: I'm like on the inside, it's like it's like maybe I'm trying to be too cool, Like it's.
Speaker 5: Still cool for me.
Speaker 2: Your next joke?
Speaker 5: Yes, Yes, So that's where I was at with that.
Speaker 4: But she was fantastic. Would recommend. In fact, we're going to try and see her again in December. I'm more singing, if a more meat, Yeah, A few mutes and a few false leftists.
Speaker 3: You know, what's always crazy to me is how naturally funny these people are. Like I did a a T mobile thing with Heather McMahon at the Rider car there is and she just she just Zinger after zinger after zinger is just naturally funny and like naturally picking people out of the crowd, like you, sir, you look like you've had five thousand drinks today.
Speaker 2: That would make it five thousand and one right now.
Speaker 3: Like she's just so yeah, it's such a gift and a talent and I don't have that.
Speaker 4: Well, not one of us can have it. We do, we do take it, but.
Speaker 3: I know, God, I would love to be funny. That would be so much fun. You're funny, which is which is? We have?
Speaker 4: You have?
Speaker 5: You've got funny funny. I have my moment, your moment so much fun about your life as well? You can't have it.
Speaker 2: I know it's fine. I'm okay with my lot in life.
Speaker 5: How was your weekends?
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 3: I flew to the valves Bar Championship on Friday. I worked the weekend for NBC Saturday and Sunday, and I had little to know travel issues, so rest assured I made it there and back all good valspar Is one of my favorite spots on tour, and every time people hear that for me because it's like not in the best area, people are like making fun of me for saying that, but it's we stay in an amazing hotel, we stay with great proximity to good food and like walking by the beach and the best grocery store on tour, and the logistics are great at the tournament. So I'm a sucker for logistics. People are always like, oh my gosh, how much do you love like X y Z stop on tour. I'm it takes forty five minutes to get to the course and the parking is horrible, so it's not my favorite.
Speaker 2: But yes, it's Yeah, it's nice. But Matthew Fitzpatrick with the big win.
Speaker 3: I know, I guess I could have led it other than my logistics, but yeah, it was really exciting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to see exciting finish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was absolutely buzzing for the lad Sketches will be buzzing as well.
Speaker 2: Sketches right now.
Speaker 5: Oh buzzing, absolute buzzing.
Speaker 4: But no, I mean, obviously you had a fantastic runner up at the Players, so he was playing with a lot of confidence and yeah, did you hear his.
Speaker 5: Comes about how slow it was?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: Kind of like that he's a bit chirpy, want to well?
Speaker 2: Uh so okay.
Speaker 3: His playing partner that day in the final round was Adrian Dumont de Chesssart, which my Golf Channel colleagues and I like to refer to as the Duke because he just sounds like the duke.
Speaker 5: You should have. It feels like you should be in a chateau.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, exactly. He is a French duke.
Speaker 3: Even our broadcast, John Wood was talking about how painfully slow it was and he said, uh, it's it's glacial right now. And that's putting it kindly. It's what John Wood said on the air. So I mean this guy was, you know, I'm sure it's very nice. He's young, he's recently out of college, but he was really uh how you would say taking the piss uh yep, with how long he was and mad thank you. Matt's comments were basically like you just have to be ready, like there's no excuse to not be spending your time getting ready for the shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I like that.
Speaker 3: Fitzy was a little chirpy about it, as you should be because that does put you out of your rhythm, Like that's annoying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't know how you can be that slow, Like, I know, I'm super cool, I'm on the quick side, like I should probably take more time or when I was playing at least, but I just what the hell are you thinking about? Like, surely if you toose, like if you're that slow, you're overthinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's nerves. But you know what was interesting is when I've worked college golf or even drive chip and putt, a lot of these kids play extremely slow or if they're they're doing aame point or whatever it is, it's just getting slower and slower and slower, and that seems like the trend. So I don't know what the deal is. Of course, you stick to your process, to your thing, but you still have to be respectful of you're playing partner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I think that's a problem in it.
Speaker 4: Like I think that because we're not a reaction sport, like we do have the time to you know, kind of play when when we're ready, and I think that that's a common extent. Well, no, I know, I yeah, I know. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. It's just yeah, and it's not really I don't know. I just hate slow play. I'm against slow play. I think they should be punished.
Speaker 3: So well, it's just I mean, it's not even about being mean to your means that the right word, being rude to your playing partner. It's just so boring to watch. Why am I going to sit and watch? Let's spend my sunday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they're rude taking that long?
Speaker 3: No, I agree, I agree. I'm just saying, if you're thinking about it purely from a broadcast, the quality of the entertainment, why would I ever watch that?
Speaker 2: That's horrible?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I know, I agree with you. And it's painful, guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's painful for the broadcasting because they have so much time to feel and it's like a bit of pains like that dead ground.
Speaker 5: Or whatever you call it.
Speaker 2: So Wellson Fitsie dead Ah No, no, wait, can we talk about it a little bit more? So?
Speaker 3: He so he had to Bertie the last to win out right, because he was tied with David Lipsky going they were both a ten under going into like the last few holes and.
Speaker 2: Fits has played prior to this.
Speaker 3: That day he had played the eighteenth hole eleven times in regulation and never made a Bertie there.
Speaker 2: And he made Bertie that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he made a thirteen foot putt for Bertie to take the outright lead. David Lipsky's back in the fairway. Here's this massive roar go up, and he knows he has to make Bertie to get into a playoff, and he, uh, he blocked it a little bit.
Speaker 2: And you know, could I couldn't you read the research, don't you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 5: I was, I mean such a bit.
Speaker 3: It was a graphic that the broadcasts threw up and I didn't like look it up myself.
Speaker 5: But wife was his wife that didn't see the celebration.
Speaker 3: She I know, I love, I know. I was messing with her a little bit. I was like, where are you? And she was like, I'm made of honor and my best friend's bachelor this weekend, so she couldn't be.
Speaker 2: There, which is such a bummer.
Speaker 3: But he had he facetimed with her, like right as he got off the green.
Speaker 2: It was really sweetly asked him about it.
Speaker 3: You know what I thought was funny about him this week is for some reason, I don't know why. It's become a big talking point around Matt Fitzpatrick. His pregame or pre shot routine. He does this like shoulder roll back thing. He's been working with Mark Blackburn on his for his Iron Play especially.
Speaker 2: It has something to do with because he has really long arms and he's trying to like set his arms back. I don't know who knows, but all.
Speaker 3: Of us and everybody's like, and this new pre shot routine from Matt Fitzpatrick blah blah blah, and I off camera I knew.
Speaker 2: I was only this was the day before.
Speaker 3: I was only going to have a couple questions with them, and I was like, would you rather talk about your preshot routine or like sing, you know this other thing? And he was like, I don't know why people are making such a big deal about this. I've been doing this for a year.
Speaker 4: Right, I like, I've seen him do it. I know, I feel like I've seen him do that for a while.
Speaker 3: He was like, maybe I've just been playing so poorly that I haven't gotten any camera times and no one's noticed that I'm doing this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, we used to talk about that. I was like, I'm pretty sure he's doing that, Like at ridy cup and stuff. I remember watching it, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know like but good.
Speaker 5: So you had a good time. And then you went to Dallas.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I had to make a pit stop in Dallas on the way home.
Speaker 2: Busy b I know, so you'll.
Speaker 3: The people will get to see the fruits of that labor very soon. But I literally got on a plane right after final front drop, did the interview straight in the car, made it for a seven forty flight after a six o'clock finish.
Speaker 2: I was quite pleased with myself.
Speaker 3: I thank you, thank you, and then woke up the next morning early it was I was looking rough.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, big blow up, big.
Speaker 3: Glow up for the shoot that day, finished the shoot, got on a three pm flight home.
Speaker 2: And yeah, now I'm home and who she is?
Speaker 5: And here she is for the whole week.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, guess what I'm doing this week?
Speaker 5: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Well, I do plan to go to Plates.
Speaker 3: But I am packing for the Masters and figuring out all my outfits.
Speaker 2: Fine, like finalizing everything and you got to ship things. Oh, just busy bee, busy busy bee.
Speaker 4: Are you going to do some content on this? I like it when you do content for what you're wearing and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, I might when I'm there. I don't want to give it all the way.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, but that's my week.
Speaker 2: It's getting ready for the Master's very good, very good, very good.
Speaker 5: Should talk a little bit, LPGA.
Speaker 3: Yes you do, Kim No, here do Kim one at Sharon Heights.
Speaker 2: Yes, she beat Nellie Corn who played great.
Speaker 4: Yes, Nellie's Nellie is playing quite well this year with a win in the second place. Watch out everybody. She needs to calm down before September, though, because she starts playing like this. But by slamcuff, I'm not going to be a happy bunny.
Speaker 3: Maybe she can just have it all peak for him. Yeah, just peak and then be too tired.
Speaker 4: I don't care if you went through year and good for you, but just just tame it down for September.
Speaker 5: What a beautiful golf course that looked by the way.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's so funny to me that they went to Sharon Heights, because I think I said this last week. But it's like the course that my or a course my mother in law plays with her friends. It's just not in my mind what championship golf courses or like where the LPGA would go. But it totally makes sense why they went there because Fortinet is a sponsor and they're a Silicon Valley company. Sharon Heins is right in the heart of Silicon Valley. What a great easy place for them to do corporate entertainment with literally everybody in that world lives there or works there.
Speaker 2: Such an easy place for them to get to go and enjoy.
Speaker 3: Golf at that level with these amazing players, so brilliant, and they must have some connection to the golf course or somebody's a member or whatever. But it's just I just could not wrap my head around the fact that the LPGA was at Sharon Heights.
Speaker 5: Is it like, is it a public golf course.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's like a country club. Okay, but like a right giller just like yeah, country club. I mean it's beautiful, but I I don't know, it's just funny to me.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it looks great, to be honest, I thought quite pretty. Yeah, it looked really good. And the drone footage and stuff look great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, apparently a lot of the broadcast enhancements have already kind of started to kick in, and Chad Coleman, our guy, the CMO, right, that's his positionous title the LPGA. He's already try is already making his presence known. So things seems like things are on the up and up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: And I'm at food this week in Arizona for the LPG is my first working week of the year.
Speaker 2: Technically, technically, wow, finally get back to.
Speaker 5: Why I've been so busy.
Speaker 2: It's what is it? I'm so busy.
Speaker 5: How I've been so busy, but I've not had anything to do?
Speaker 2: Really? What if you, well, you moved country across the country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I feel like I'm just getting pested all the time, like people just pestimate I need like an assistant, honestly, I really do.
Speaker 5: I've had so many emails today.
Speaker 2: Sorry when you say people pastry you okay? Are you talking about me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Yes, mainly you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I just feel like it's funny. I don't know. Some days you just think you're going to be quite easy and chill, they just they just turn into right, can you get this?
Speaker 4: Make you do this? Because I'm doing a few things, like I'm literally so busy now basically until the babies do and you're kind of jam packing a bunch of stuff because I know I'm going to have a month off after it, so it's just like little things.
Speaker 5: So but you're talking about Chad Coleman there.
Speaker 4: So working forward this week and they're actually going to do like a little bit of content thing with me, So they're actually going to follow me. Won't get too much away, but I think they're going to do something cool. Sounds pretty cool tomorrow as soon as I land. Just how I prep and stuff like that. Yeah, I know, I know, very cool.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: We'll see. I'm probably not going to be that entertaining.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna be great.
Speaker 3: I really am hearing a lot of negativity in this mile meant from you, and I'd like to hear positivity.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So there's that and my green card interview today. So if you don't hear back from me in a month that I've been deported.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, let they ask you. Okay, so this is the thing they say, like how many states are there? Right? Have you seeing the star spangled banner?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: So listen to this right, listen to this.
Speaker 4: This is my life Ryan a nutshell. This is why I get stressed out and I have to calm down right with usually with a beer.
Speaker 5: Okay, so obviously you have a lawyer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just make the process easier because I can barely do an email without getting stressed out. So there's no chance I could like fill in an application for a green card without a professional basically telling me what to do.
Speaker 2: So the process is you.
Speaker 5: Do it whatever. Then you get an interview.
Speaker 4: Now he advises that they could ask us anything like what did because I'm getting it through karly basically right, So it's like, what did you do on Thanksgiving in twenty twenty or twenty twenty too, And I'm like, I actually don't know.
Speaker 5: I can't remember. Okay. So he's like, right, I need all this documentation. So I'm not joking here.
Speaker 4: We have spent so much money on paper because I've just printed every single thing out there. He's like, any sort of documentation I can think of, Like you need like proof of like joint stuff and all this crap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I took it in.
Speaker 4: We drove two hours, drop carves super early at daycare, like six thirty. We don't know, We dropped off to like half eight, drove down and oh my god, I've just thought something else anyway. Anyway, So we drove down Wait.
Speaker 2: Can I pause you for a second. It's half eight seven thirty or eight thirty?
Speaker 4: Okay, This is where Carlie gets confused. Half a is eight, the it's half past eight?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so half past eight makes sense, but half eight feels like before eight.
Speaker 4: Let's say oh no, except that wouldn't say that. I'd say half eight, it's half past eight.
Speaker 3: Well, I know you wouldn't say that, but it's just sounds confusing because I would never say half.
Speaker 4: Eight, yeah, half eight, and like would you say quarter to nine, quarter till quarter two nine, quarter to quarter?
Speaker 2: I feel like I would say at two forty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, we don't say that.
Speaker 4: We say like quarter to nine, quarter past nine, twenty past nine, twenty.
Speaker 2: To nine nine? What time is it? It's nine to twenty Yeah, that's the time.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's twenty past nine.
Speaker 2: Time? Johnny?
Speaker 3: But okay, continue, So sorry, weed to get that high off at eight no, six thirty, six thirty.
Speaker 4: Yes, I drove down there. I had a coffee and then we got called in.
Speaker 5: I shit you not.
Speaker 4: It was five minutes and they asked Carlie, who like my mom and dad's name? And that was it and they asked me what her full name was and I said it and she was like, yeah, you guys are good. Didn't ask any documentation nothing.
Speaker 3: So I'm guessing that to people think it's better to be prepared, yeah, because they have all.
Speaker 5: The documentation anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but sometimes you get some jerk that's on a power trip that day and agreed you could. Yeah, So better to be prepared no matter what and not deal with like do you have you ever seen the Monsters Inc.
Speaker 2: Movie?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 3: You know, like the receptionist from Marsters Incs like you could have gotten that lady.
Speaker 4: I could have done really screwed I could have done, but no, the lady was great. Hopefully should listen to the pod. Probably doesn't, but it's Colorado, so they're quite nice here.
Speaker 5: Yeah they're No, they are nice. So yeah, fingers crossed. That goes all okay, and then we're good to go and everything sorted.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so until this point, how have you been in this country? Are we allowed to talk about us?
Speaker 2: Of course you can.
Speaker 5: So when I played golf on a P one, okay, yeah, so you get that.
Speaker 4: Five years, I've been on two of them, and then with NBC Universal I was on a No One Okay, but and.
Speaker 3: Now you're applying for a green card and then and then eventually you would be able to apply for your citizenship.
Speaker 5: In two years. Yeah, if I got it, granted, I could, Yeah, I guess. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: So why has it taking you this long to get your green card when you guys have been married for a long It's.
Speaker 3: Literally okay, I am over here like blaming the government, like and Mel can't even get her.
Speaker 4: Creat it's because I didn't apply for it. I'm such a procressa. And Carlie made me do it.
Speaker 5: She was like, you just get it, thanks, it might take like a year and a half.
Speaker 2: Forever, especially with the world situation.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 4: So I did finally get my ars into it, but I was, I'll just do another pan and I'll just do on and which is even worse because I go back to England to the immigration office, which I now realized makes my life harder. Yes, I know, I'm very aware that I make my life much harder than it needs to be.
Speaker 2: It's okay, you're doing things to improve yourself.
Speaker 5: Look at you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is coming from the girl that hasn't legally changed being married for six I'm giving you a hard time. I haven't legally changed my name to Kira Dixon you norah, No, no, because well, no, this is what happened. We got married right before COVID, and so we got married September twenty nineteen, and I didn't do it right away. In those first three months. I was like, that's why I've got time. And then COVID happened, and when I was in the process of doing it, then the Social Security Office or whatever thing that you have to go to, they said that in order to do my name change at the time, I had to mail them my physical original birth certificate, my physical original marriage license.
Speaker 2: And I was like, back, but I don't. I was not trusting what was happening during OVID in the I'm never going to get this shit back. No, I'm not, absolutely not. Contie did it and it was literally two weeks.
Speaker 3: Well good for Carly, but I don't know what they're going to do. I don't know how hard it is to get another birth certificate.
Speaker 5: So I just wasn't just gone want to get a new one, oh whatever.
Speaker 3: So I just I was like, I'm going to wait, because I don't want to mail them my original stuff.
Speaker 2: These this are my duck hums.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, and it's been six years so but I'm still Cura Dixon on TV.
Speaker 2: You are, That's all that matters.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So that's my story, which is why I'm getting to forward a day later than normally words because we didn't know how long this is going to take today.
Speaker 5: So I'm flying out tomorrow and some go you're going to say something, please.
Speaker 3: Go oh, I was just going to ask if you're a walker on the or I'm in the booth. But oh cool, that's you don't do that all that often.
Speaker 4: I've literally, well I've not done it where I'm on TV. No, I usually do life froms Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like at the actual like as the analyst at the tournament.
Speaker 2: That's fun, I know.
Speaker 5: But am I going to have to do my own makeup?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But luckily they rarely show you like they do I can. I know, So it's fine.
Speaker 3: I know, Okay, cool, I don't think you have to over you know what I've learned. Sorry, I keep petting you off.
Speaker 5: No, please do I literally do it to you all the time.
Speaker 3: It's my add well, I just was gonna make a comment on makeup when you're on the road.
Speaker 2: I used to when I first started this job.
Speaker 3: I used to try so hard to do like full out Miss America makeup, like glam lashes, the whole thing. And I have really over the past few years toned back my makeup look because like, no one cares. I'm on TV for like two minutes maybe, and it's not studio lighting. It's actually horrible lighting no matter where you are. So even if my I have the perfect makeup look done, I still look really bad because.
Speaker 2: The lighting sucks.
Speaker 3: And there's nothing to be done about that because you're literally outside and harsh lighting or whatever it is, and.
Speaker 4: You've got massive headphones on like this in the booth. So there's no point in doing my hair. I was going to write down, but I'm not going to. I'm just going to wake it back up to do a little cute little curl.
Speaker 5: On my thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so's no point, Yeah don't no. Okay, well appreciate it because I was about to. Now I know you're not working this house, going to face time you and go can you help me with my makeup?
Speaker 2: I'm still happy to do that. Okay, well I yeah, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 4: But fun fact about this week here, if you're interested, it's always Jess Cord is coming back, making a comeback.
Speaker 2: She's having Grayson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so since having Grayson and twenty twenty three, Yeah, so this will be our first timent back.
Speaker 5: How fun is that?
Speaker 2: So? Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: I don't know how these women do it after a kid. I don't. I'm sorry, I have so much damn respect. I just struggled to do it and I didn't even push anything out.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so wild.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited that she's because I didn't know if she was gonna, you know, stay in golf world but not necessarily play back at that level or what she was going to decide.
Speaker 2: So I'm really excited to see Jess back.
Speaker 3: She's she's you know, she's the type of personality that you want golf to have, and there's a real whole without her.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would agree. So yeah, I'm really happy that Jess is back. She put some swings on actually the day and just stand a jest just swings it amazing.
Speaker 5: And did you see her brother? I mean sounds her brother family. What's his name?
Speaker 2: Carlos Alcaz Alcaraz.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I also say Alcatraz, and I know that that's not right.
Speaker 2: I know San Francisco, I know I've been.
Speaker 4: Did I even tell you that story about Alcatraz? No, it's probably not appo. But there was a dead body in the water when we went over there.
Speaker 2: I told you never know what you're what it's going to come out of your mouth when you start. I know, I don't know what, so I don't know why I'm laughing. It's actually really horrible.
Speaker 4: Well, my nephew at the time is five, Jack or six, and I just played the US for at San Jose. We stopped off in San Diego for a few days my sister and brother in law, and I love I love like history and prisoners.
Speaker 5: I just think it's quiet.
Speaker 2: And you trapped off in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yeah, that's sorry. San Francisco. Yeah, And I really want to go to Alcatraz, right, I was like, let's all go. I'm pretty sure it's kid friendly, so let's say, Jack. And so we're in the boat. I see this thingating towards the boat before we go over there, and I was messing around with Jack, like, oh, look, Jacket's a prisoner. Gave Alca jazz and he swam all the way to the shore. As this thing got closer, I was like, hmmm, I think that's a body, and it was. And so I had to tell Jack, poor Jack, that some man was looking for his keys in the water, and he asked me two months later, so I dreckoned that man's looking for his keys, and I was like, I think so mate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some muh. I don't know, a lot of people jump off the bridge, which is sad.
Speaker 5: Got a nett up there, now, haven't they?
Speaker 2: Yes, could have also been the Bay Bridge.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's a then babridge, and you know there's lots of coastline around there, and somebody could.
Speaker 2: Have anyway something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sooth and prayers, that's taking it at dark turn.
Speaker 2: But Bastian Corda did be Alcaz, not Alcatraz, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how amazing is that. I mean, this family parents are just.
Speaker 2: Like, fuck, yeah, we apparently we did it.
Speaker 5: Like we did it.
Speaker 2: We've got three They figured out how to make these superhumans. Dude, what the fuck it's all about? Being Eastern European, the Eastern European their their check. Honestly, I mean it's just a different discipline.
Speaker 3: Like what are the.
Speaker 4: Chances, like, what are the chances of having three phenomenal like athletes, like the best in the world at some point in their careers, the best in the world, and then like top ten in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you would think one family would have like, uh, you know, if they have three kids, maybe one of them would be kind of successful. Yes, they're all exceptionally successception one at the highest level, like ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So congratulations to the quarter.
Speaker 5: Being super human.
Speaker 4: Happy for you, so happy for you know, gosh, you imagine, oh my god, Well I'm not gonna get that. I would lose my mind.
Speaker 2: Do you want Kai to become a professional athlete?
Speaker 5: M m hmm.
Speaker 2: It's hard, it's a hard life.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it would be awesome to like watch him, and I feel like I would be able to I obviously would not be perfect, but I feel like I would be able.
Speaker 5: To help him a little bit.
Speaker 4: From like it would just well just be like it's you know, I love you to kind of no matter what you know, but kind of I don't know. I think it would be awesome to watch him play something that he absolutely loved and he had a passion for and he was decent at I think that would be really fun, or if you if it wasn't decent, I think I'd just be really cool and sports my thing, like I understand sports. So yeah, it would be easier for me to watch it. But I think I'm a soccer mom, I really do. I'd bring the oranges and I could see you doing that. I'd make a bunch of oranges.
Speaker 2: That you'd be the coach. You'd bring the oranges.
Speaker 5: I'd be the oranges.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I just and to be honest with you, hera ninety minutes is enough for me, you know, I think it was a bit long, you know, I think it's a bit long, especially the way it's going by the time. Yeah twenty it's gonna be like twelve hour rounds.
Speaker 2: You're going to be stuck behind the duke from France for three minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's still trying to finish the US Open from twenty twenty eight when Kay joins it in twenty thirty two.
Speaker 3: So yeah, do you remember around the Olympics there were all these articles about the Norwegians and how they approached sport for kids.
Speaker 2: Did you see any of this stuff?
Speaker 5: I did not. I maybe I forgot Well.
Speaker 3: I just think it's a great way to think about it, because we it seems like the American culture is to really specialize in sport at a young age, and there's all this there's I was just reading so much about why the Norwegians are so successful, at least in the winter Olympics. Obviously they grew up on cross country skis or skiing or that's just their general mode of transportation. But they also have all these built in policies or I don't know if it's policies or cultural expectations where you don't pick a sport a specific sport until you're like close to high school, that you don't keep score. There's never any score, there's nobody that wins. They like everybody, and we have this thing against participation trophies, but they give participation awards to everybody to make everybody have a great time. Like why would you not want to continue with sport if you're having fun? And clearly if you're not having fun, you feel like a loser, like you want to quit. Like as a kid, for twelve years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is my thing, right, and I could get into this, but I'm probably not gonna get this across as well as i'd right, But even Kai at two and a half, the amount of people that we have that are like, oh, you should join him soccer tots at two and I'm like, dude, he is two years old, Like he's going to be licking the ball. Yeah, Like no, we're going to be hopefully in enough sports. And also like it gets expensive, but yeah, I I totally agree with you. I was now it's because I was a multi athlete, Like I played every single sport I could get my hands on. I then decided to pursue golf, but I still played other sports. I still skied, I still snowboarded, I still played football, I still played tennis. Even though golf was my priority, I still my parents were always like, please do these other things because you just love it so much. And I think, right, I think the Norwegians are such Yeah, I think the culture here is a little bit like you have to be the best enjoy it, and I'm like not really, Like I like, how fun is it to like watch your kids just really enjoy something it doesn't really matter if they're like decent or not.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, passion and the enjoyment and they get out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to be the family enjoy enjoy sport. No, great, I mean the expectation, but.
Speaker 5: Obviously like it's fun as well. I mean, if my son doesn't go to college, I'm going to be ab upset. No, I'm joking. I mean with my sperm. I mean I would like to think so, but.
Speaker 2: Your sperm is getting them in wherever they were human sperms.
Speaker 4: Swimmers No, I mean, well, he can't swim. I can't swim. That's why you hate this is one thing I can't do is swim.
Speaker 2: But you're going to teach him.
Speaker 4: I'm going to I've got these special armbands now ring things. Before anyone has a bollock at me. They're better than armbands, So don't worry on. His technique will be fine. Okay, But no, I agree with you, and I think that like it's such it's so funny here, Like I do feel like I think that's where you get a bit of psycho parents as well, because they're like, my kid has to be the best, and dude, even like six and seven they have like travel baseball teams.
Speaker 2: They're so expensive. I'm like, what the actual fuck. Yeah, no, no offense to anybody out there that I'm not, but it's necessarily.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, anyway, sports are funny for kids, and that's a whole interesting world to navigate.
Speaker 2: But the courts have figured it out.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't. I'm gonna have to talk to Peter and just be like, how the hell did you do this? So I'm going to get.
Speaker 2: Stuffy myself in They'll do a documentary one of these days. They have to.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just phenomenal. But yeah, no, it's a funny. It's a really funny and really hard thing to navigate. I think having children that you want because I think sport is amazing, and it's just really hard to navigate, like because it's such a fine line, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Hopefully we'll just thrown everything and see what he likes.
Speaker 2: Kay's going to have a great life.
Speaker 5: We'll see.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 5: We'll see.
Speaker 3: Speaking of kids, Scottie Shuffler Withdrew from the Houston Open this week because his wife Meredith is giving birth to their second child.
Speaker 5: I know I didn't actually know she was pregnant up until about a couple months ago.
Speaker 3: I've seen her, Yeah, they never announced it. I've seen her out and about a couple of times obviously, and I have noticed, but we didn't we didn't chat about it, so I didn't know that how far they were or when their dou date was.
Speaker 2: But kind of get close to the masters.
Speaker 5: I know he should have thought about that, shouldn't they.
Speaker 3: Well, he's already won it twice, so it's it's probably like whatever, less pressure, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations to Shoddy and Mayor.
Speaker 5: I feel like they can have a lot of kids. I don't know why. I just feel like Scotty and yeah, I feel like Meredith is once like a hundred kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're cute. They're a cute fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are cut And uh, did you see that one Tiger Woods is planning, Yes, playing in the TGL finale.
Speaker 5: Yes, I actually watched that last night. I haven't watched a TJ oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I did watch a little bit, but last night I know it's I actually said to connorially.
Speaker 5: It's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not weird. It's not weird.
Speaker 5: That's the wrong word. It's I can't hear them talk, so.
Speaker 2: To be able to hear that, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I thought that maybe that was the whole point.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Anyway, it was actually a hit at ye.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I watched five far too much golf in my life, and I just can't add another another night.
Speaker 5: But I think a casual fan, especially that you have love irons to catch up on.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm already all caught up, unfortunately, so it's no longer an excuse. It's actually a giant hole in my life. But you know what I'm watching right now is the love Story uh JFK and Carolyn Bassett show.
Speaker 4: Is it good?
Speaker 5: I thought he's a car in basking Then I was Wasn't she from Tiger?
Speaker 3: No? She did not?
Speaker 4: Did she not?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Carolyn?
Speaker 5: Okay, c there. Do you think she killed her husband and tigers? I think she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: That feels like a yeah, oh you Cats and Kittens. That was one of my favorite shows that actually got me.
Speaker 2: That was of COVID.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Joe Exotic Legend.
Speaker 2: That is a time capsule of that time.
Speaker 5: Just incredible.
Speaker 4: I mean, if there was any show to come out when everyone's being a little bit glum and like not being able to see the family.
Speaker 5: Joe exotic was it? It was a phenomenal.
Speaker 2: What is up to these days?
Speaker 5: He's engaged to a young inmate?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nice, Yeah, all the best.
Speaker 5: We're sure the best.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so Tigan would speaking of her sorry, speaking of the big cat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there we go, see all rounds back.
Speaker 4: It was just so clever here, honestly, yeah, I mean he's looking Jack, to be honest with you, I mean, how are you in that good a shape at fifty?
Speaker 5: Well could you tiger it?
Speaker 2: But yeah, it actually was.
Speaker 4: I will I'll give you a down note though. It was very excited last night l A Club one against Jupiter, and actually it was really good. Tom Kim and Tommy Fleewood had a little bit of a like they flew the flag thing or whatever it's called the hammer, and yeah, Tom Kim hit it's like four feet the second last hole, and then.
Speaker 5: Tommy being Tommy hit it to like two feet. Classic.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, sorry Tom Tommy Tommy against Tom Tom Tom But actually was quite exciting. But that's the first one I've watched all year, first one i've watched all year but yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, how he does?
Speaker 3: And then if that means he's playing in the Masters because he's still listed on the website, mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: Jackey's gonna fly?
Speaker 2: Oh can you imagine? I just my own my chat? Why are we whispering?
Speaker 5: Because it's it's what's it called SMRM?
Speaker 4: Where it ISMR and there we GOMR.
Speaker 2: I think that's a different thing.
Speaker 5: I think that's a complete anyway, it would be anyway great.
Speaker 2: If Tiger playing at the Masters.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it would be phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Do it for the girl saying that would be so insane to just rock up and play the Masters after not playing in a professional.
Speaker 2: For how many months? Well, yeah it's been doesn't Yeah, yeah, it's been forever. I can't even remember what I mean. He withdrew from something I don't remember.
Speaker 5: What what do you reckon that Jacky's gonna play the Masters?
Speaker 2: Why not? Let's say yeah, we'll manifest it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna say yes as well, go on, Tiger, do it for us, do it for the pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just for the content.
Speaker 5: Oh what we're going to have.
Speaker 2: People? People will love it.
Speaker 5: You will love it?
Speaker 2: Oh what else?
Speaker 5: Nothing? Ready?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think you're saying, oh, like something's just coming.
Speaker 5: Uh no, do you have a stush of the week?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do, thank you for asking.
Speaker 3: I last like Thursday, Wednesday, Thursday, before flying out for the valspar, I started to feel a little sick, but not like terrible, just like a bad sinus. Just everything was congested and flying when you have a sinus thing going on, and then also needing to be on live television and not sound like an oompa llumpa.
Speaker 5: And not sound like me.
Speaker 2: What do sound like? Actually?
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe not that, maybe not sound like something with a really high pitched, annoying voice, nasily like that.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, we'll go with me. It's not great. Any want to sound on TV on the Friday, No, Saturday.
Speaker 3: I was just it was just so there, and the pressure of it against my eyeballs was making them feel like they wanted to explode. But adrenaline is a crazy thing, because moments before whoever it was came over for an interview. It was like my whole head drained and the interview was fine and I sounded okay, and then two seconds after the interview was like everything filled right back up. It is so so weird, so Anyway, my shush is to my sinuses, and I'm feeling a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Still a little not cute, but we're getting there. I think craiky voice is a quite cute my minuture. Okay, but this wasn't crackling. Oh okay, it was like here. It was yeah, like that upper Yeah. It wasn't like I had a throat thing.
Speaker 4: I wasn't like a cute throat, like modern throat. Yeah, like like an Emma Stone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't that. Did you ever watch Friends?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's an episode I watch Friends.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know you're British. I don't know if they have friends in Britain. Oh my god, I'm just saying I don't know if it have that product traveled. Okay, well, anyway, so Phoebe has the one episode where she's like.
Speaker 2: I sound super sexy.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't that. It was high I'm gere again. Nixon was that I haven't changed my name yet?
Speaker 5: Did you do?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: That's Carli's massive gauilty pleasure.
Speaker 4: I know when she's not feeling great, when she puts friends on, I know she just wants to bed or sit on the couch all day when she puts friends on, and she doesn't want me to speak to her either, like she just wants to just smong and watch friends.
Speaker 2: But yes, we did have it.
Speaker 4: We did have it over over and yeah, I'm pretty sure one of my sisters thought she was Rachel. My sister Legit thought she was Rachel. You know, like back in the day she was like, got the haircut and stuff friendsci case at school.
Speaker 5: Actually it's a fancy Matt Lebronc. It's a fancy Joey.
Speaker 2: Mat and LeBlanc or Lebronc, lebron.
Speaker 5: LeBlanc, isn't it LeBlanc?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, but you're saying Lebronc, like it's not very nice to take the make out of pupils, lisps and stuff.
Speaker 5: You know, my short tongue it is. I have a short tongue.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do. You could, but you it's not like you can't say LeBlanc LeBlanc. You just you just set it up.
Speaker 4: I know, but I really trying to blame it. I've had a very long day. Yeah, and I goes inwards anyway, my people overstimulating me when I don't want to be overstimulated.
Speaker 2: Do you have an example?
Speaker 4: Just today, I was thought I was just gonna get a green card, do the podcast, but not that it's a bad Thing's a good thing.
Speaker 5: It's a good thing.
Speaker 4: I've got lots of people needing my attention, the things, the collaborations things. Yeah, and it's it's just over stimulating for me at times, and today's one of them days.
Speaker 5: So I'm just gonna leave it all till tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 3: Just like your green card people are they You're just such an influencer. People want your influence on things. Not really it really I think it's swiper for ten mel ten. No, it's just so it's over stimulated me today.
Speaker 5: So I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: If I haven't got back to you, I would. I will go back to you by times episodes out.
Speaker 2: Who are you saying that to me? Or just set anybody out there that's trying to get in touch.
Speaker 5: I've been replying to you.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, I feel like I haven't really if anything I've known.
Speaker 5: Welcome to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have it.
Speaker 5: Actually you have.
Speaker 2: Actually, sorry, some things going on.
Speaker 4: It's okay, sor right, Well we're about to get into it now here because me and you are going to be traveling a lot.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, but we're going to have lots of great content for the show and good stories from the road, and then you know, I feel like with the Masters, then you know it really starts to kick in the high gear for the year, and.
Speaker 5: We're full of it together this year as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that'll be fun. All right, to be continued. All right, have a great day, love ya, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Quiet Please. We'll be back next week with more golf aps, and we want to hear from you. Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts and tell us what you want to talk about.
Speaker 2: It just might be the topic of our next show.
Speaker 1: Quiet Please is hosted by Mel Reed and Kira Dixon. Our executive producer is Jesse Katz. Our supervising producer is Grace Hughes. Our producer is John Kerman.
Speaker 4: Listen to Quiet Please on America's number one podcast network, iHeart.
Speaker 5: Open your free iHeart
Speaker 4: App and search Quiet Please with Mel Reed and Kira Dixon and start listening.