Speaker 1: I am all in again. Oh that's just you. Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast. We are back for another episode of Gilmore Girls Gazette and we have some news.
Speaker 2: Well this is like a fun one this week because now we can talk about the Walmart commercial.
Speaker 3: Yeap with Luke and Laura l I Kurk got Lauren and Sean and Dave Allen Gruber.
Speaker 1: You know what I was a little annoyed about.
Speaker 3: Talk to me.
Speaker 1: I did the episode with Sean Gunn and Scott Patterson and when we all first joined the Zoom to record the episode, they were all chitty chatty and like I obviously I had a secret that I wasn't in on and no, I don't get it. I'm like, Scott, why didn't you tell me that? Back then? I heard podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: So I've known about it, I think a little longer than you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've known about it.
Speaker 3: For a while.
Speaker 2: And then I did get to talk to Scott a lot the day he was shooting it.
Speaker 3: But you know how, I think this is what the kids say.
Speaker 2: I'm here for the comments I'm kind of enjoying all the comments on social First of all, look, we get it. People are super stoked on the commercial, but they definitely are like could it have been a full episode length?
Speaker 3: Like can we have poor?
Speaker 2: So I get it, like this is a little bit of a it's like a it's a little candy in our stocking, but we didn't get the full gifts, you know, and hopefully one day we will.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we will.
Speaker 1: I'm holding out for something in this twenty five year reunion not reunion anniversary, that we get something. Although I feel like they would have had to start heye for filming it now. I don't know. I'm just gonna be hopeful, and I'm gonna hope that by summertime they get their stuff together and film something for the twenty fifth anniversary.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see what you're thinking about the twenty fifth. Look, I think I think there's a world that there could be more Gilmore one day. But it's just we gotta be patient. We got a patient. First of all, I love the person that made fun of us. First, I can make fun of us. They're like, okay, guys, stick say I'm just stagger to your laptop it's not the middle of.
Speaker 1: The night, and it is. And look, I am usually bright eyed, bushytailed at that time, but to like wake up and make coffee, not to like be on for a podcast. It takes a different level of effort to be having already showered in your clothes in front of a mic formulating sentences.
Speaker 2: I got a it at one, so six am for me. So let's read some of the comments, just for fun.
Speaker 3: Just for fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a lot of like, I adore this more and more and more, which look, we agree, we agree.
Speaker 1: The best one I gotta say ghost of ns Morana, who says, so, what's the gifting April? That's obviously Vanessa place April, so it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: There was another one from a fan, Miss Lauren Richard says, if Walmart can make Gilmore Girls come back, I will renounce all allegiance to Target.
Speaker 3: I love this one. I teared up. I love Laurel I so much for doing this. But my favorite part has to be at the end. Scott smiles says it all more and more and more. Kirk is always a good sport. Loved that. I have no words to describe my emotion. It was so beautiful.
Speaker 2: I miss these two, Luke and Lorelei and all the characters from Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: Another one. I love it so much.
Speaker 4: For a minute, I was back in my favorite slippers and.
Speaker 1: I had goose bumps made my day.
Speaker 4: It's most of these comments are just like people were cheering up. They loved it, they want more.
Speaker 1: It's as if we've never left.
Speaker 3: Just magical. Can I say that we've ordered five of the jackets.
Speaker 1: I was just about to say that that we ordered that jacket.
Speaker 2: So that jacket that Lauren's wearing, I think we told everybody is available at Walmart.
Speaker 3: It's thirty four dollars.
Speaker 2: We ordered one for everybody on our host tafficsup for Scott obviously and Easton.
Speaker 3: Easton's going to We need to get Easton the one that Scott was wearing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean, I'm I'm stoked for that to arrive. When when are we getting it? Is it going to be in time for the Christmas event?
Speaker 3: For sure? I love this dream to see you guys reunited.
Speaker 2: My biggest wish is to see you guys doing more Gilmore Girls. It would be a dream coming true. I cried full tears of nostalgia. Thank you, Luke Lauren Sean. First of all, I like that they said Luke Lauren Sean because I love that they don't even bother.
Speaker 1: Lalmart I was playing into the suspense because somebody said, so, does this mean we're getting more episodes or and Walmart said to be announced, Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Was I also want Walmart to like reveal like all the behind the scenes footage. And you know how Scott told us there's like another version or something.
Speaker 3: Can we see that?
Speaker 1: I know and see that. Oh and somebody said, hearing Lauren Slash laurelized a coffee coffee coffee in the year twenty twenty four, healed signing of amen. I agree, seriously.
Speaker 3: That was the fact that they used that line was like, so good.
Speaker 4: Here's another one. I love when millennials are in charge of advertising. And then Walmart responded those who get it get it.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are commenting on Scott slash Luke's smile, so we might need to talk to Scott more about that, but I'm glad it's out there.
Speaker 1: As somebody noticed the wedding rings, oh are they wearing them? And someone said, the wedding rings don't think I haven't noticed my heart. Oh my god, my.
Speaker 3: God, I have to ask Scott if he was wearing his wedding ring.
Speaker 1: Oh, he does have a wedding ring. So I wonder if is Lauren Graham not married and she's.
Speaker 3: Not married in real life?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's wearing a shiny rock.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa, So that's just lor Lie is it? I wonder if it's the actual ring from the show.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Wow, that is a level of detail. That was a good eye on that good.
Speaker 3: I I have no words to describe my emotion.
Speaker 2: It was so beautiful. I missed these two and all the characters from Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 3: Oh that's sweet. Oh I had goosebumps. Oh my god, there's so many good ones.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So we will be talking more about the commercial now.
Speaker 3: I have to tell you guys.
Speaker 2: In a little bit of it's I call this Gilmore Girl's News, even though it's not like current, but I just happened to watch this again, so and I'm like, I'm so obsessed with it, I have to talk about it. So Nick Offerman, So a lot of people know Nick Offerman because he's married to Megan Malallely and he was in Gilmore Girls Season four, episode seven, The Festival of Living Art, and he was also in season six, episode four, Always a Godmother, Never a God He.
Speaker 3: Played Bo Belleville. He is Jackson's older brother.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's nick Offerman's connection to Gilmore Girls. I'm rewatching the whole series The Last of Us, and Nick Offerman's in episode three, and he won an Emmy for this performance.
Speaker 3: It is such an amazing episode. He is so brilliant in this episode of the Last of Us. So I just have to say, if you're home for the holidays a couple of weeks binge the whole season of the Last of Us, don't just do episode three. But it is amazing. It's such a beautiful episode. Oh my gosh, I cried and cried. I loved it. Have you watched this show?
Speaker 1: I haven't, but I think you said it before the way. I got some free time, I'll pop it on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, don't be expecting a Gilmore Girls type show. Definitely, you're not supposed to call them zombies. I think they call them infected in this series. But man, the whole thing is so good. But Nick Offerman is so amazing in it. Oh, I have a story.
Speaker 1: What's the story?
Speaker 3: If you are in.
Speaker 2: La between December seventh and December twenty ninth, you.
Speaker 3: Can see Sally Struthers live. She's in a play. It is called Rapunzel and her Holiday Wish.
Speaker 1: Do we need to watch? Do we need to go?
Speaker 3: Yes? In fact, actually I'm here in La.
Speaker 2: So it's in Laguna, which is amazing. Laguna Beach worth a road train. So it is based on the fairy tale. You know, Rapunzel. We all know about Rapunzel or Hair and this.
Speaker 3: Is what it says.
Speaker 2: Prepare for a spellbinding journey as Rapunzel tries to escape from the tower with the help of her friends Dame Betty and Simple Simon. So Sally plays Madame Goffel. And he said, Laguna Beach.
Speaker 3: What could be better? We should go to this?
Speaker 1: I'm down, let's go. Why not have a little like hopefully there's like a matinee that we can get lunch.
Speaker 2: Before the Laguna Beach. The Laguna Playhouse is like famous way to go. Sally she is NonStop because now you can all see her in the Ted Danson show.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, she's been she's been working.
Speaker 2: Speaking of just announced our man Adam Brody. Uh, they're gonna start shooting season two of Nobody Wants This in February, so that's pretty exciting. We don't really know when it's coming out, but i'm gonna say, I'm gonna venture to say hopefully sometime in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing that kills me is it takes so long from filming to airing. Oh, like I need season two. If Nobody Wants This tomorrow or at least after Christmas, I can watch when we're or on vacation.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know a funny tidbit I just found out speaking of like filming things.
Speaker 3: In them coming out so much later.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 3: Okay, So one of our friends is on HGTV. You know The Property Brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you know Jeff Marks from Hollywood Records.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's totally on an episode of The Property Brothers, which.
Speaker 1: Ever fixing up his house or something.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: And he told me they did it over like a year and a half ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it just came.
Speaker 1: Out a friend of mine their house was done by the Property Brothers. Insane thing. Yeah, it was like a year and a half. Year and a half later their house was on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guess it makes sense because it's not like you can make over. It takes a long time to make a house.
Speaker 1: I'm property Brothers, Jonathan or Drew. If you're listening, I would not mind you taking a stab at my house.
Speaker 3: On over house.
Speaker 1: Your house is good, I need more space, so my house is tiny.
Speaker 3: I love those guys. They may maybe they're looking for houses. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so it does take a while sometimes for shows to come out. So okay, speaking of the Walmart ad, how happy would you be.
Speaker 3: If there was more Gilmore Girls? Like?
Speaker 1: Truly, I I really want it. I want it to be done right though, I don't know if I would want TV shows. I think I would want more Flix. I know everyone gets mad when I say movie, but Netflix specials, Like I would love a Netflix special every five years.
Speaker 2: So would you be satisfied if they did a two hour Netflix movie?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I think I would too. I think I would be happy with anything, like I don't, I don't. It doesn't have to be twenty episodes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's what we're saying. Like even if it was a thirty minute episode.
Speaker 3: That's not too short, too short?
Speaker 1: That you know, I want to be able to grab some popcorn, get cozy on the couch with a blanket, put on a fire, and watch, you know, a two hour Gilmore Girls special every five years.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 2: I definitely need to know what's happening with that baby.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, but okay, so imagine that every five years to get in a date on where they are, and they play it in real time, like the baby's.
Speaker 2: Five seven, but when it came out, the baby would be eight, So there's no baby.
Speaker 3: It's a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now it's a kid. But I think that's kind of fascinating. Every five years, you see, then it's a teenager, then it's going to college. You know, like I like that. I think that's so cool.
Speaker 3: I'm into I'm totally into it.
Speaker 1: I feel like April's getting married, you know, like I want all of that.
Speaker 2: Can we think of another show that just like keeps coming back, keeps coming back?
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna say The Brady Bunch because it did.
Speaker 2: There was a Brady Bunch, and then there was the Brady Brides, and then there was a very Brady Christmas.
Speaker 3: I mean, they haven't.
Speaker 1: Had no kind of came back true.
Speaker 2: But only once. Like I'm trying to think of things that have come back come back. Oh full House, thank you Jackie full House. And then it came back, but it hasn't done again. Like I'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: Of what's come back. Oh, Star Trek.
Speaker 1: I guess boy Me's world was girl me the World?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's only like once, like Star Trek comes back, comes back, comes that comes back fascin Halloween, Halloween.
Speaker 1: The Fast and Furious franchise, Fast and Furious ten, twelve, thirteen, Fast and Furious.
Speaker 3: Oh, Fast and Furious exactly. So there are things so this is not unprecedented as they.
Speaker 1: Say, Yeah, let's do it, guys, come on Netflix. What do we need to do over there? Who is who?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Somebody's pitching this somewher so, who's holding it up? Who's blocking this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a great question. I think that and this is not it.
Speaker 2: I think that Amy Sherman Palladino is just quite busy, right, she won like a Jillian Emmys for masel and now she's working on the one that we can't pronounce. At twel at twelve, we thy it was called at twel so after at twel.
Speaker 3: Then she can do it. I mean, I don't know her, but I think that would be.
Speaker 1: We're all penciling it in her calendar.
Speaker 2: We're like, okay, that sounds like by twenty twenty six, you should be good to go.
Speaker 1: And look, I get it that like sometimes when you've done something, you're ready to move on from it, but like we're not. It doesn't feel that Gilmore Girls is ready to be moved on from well.
Speaker 2: And what's so interesting is when I rewatched the movies, they are really good, you know what I mean? Like when I first watched them eight years ago, I didn't love them like I do now like I love them now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I liked them minus the two middle ones and the dance sequence and that one. But other than that, I did like them. I enjoyed them. Even if I didn't like them, I enjoyed seeing them on TV one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: That's why the Walmart commercial was like, it's so great. It's like, you know what, I'm totally happy to see my friends. I'm so happy to see these people. Ye, I'm so happy. I can't wait to be in Stars Hollow Wait are We were like less than two weeks away from being in Stars.
Speaker 1: Hollow fifteen days away.
Speaker 3: And I know, I know.
Speaker 2: That I'm saying this, but like, guys, get your tickets to the stream because we're gonna have so much behind the scenes that if you love.
Speaker 3: The Walmart commercial, oh you're gonna wave it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we're gonna give you all so many juicy things. And we've got so many amazing cast members there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you're right, we have so many good ones.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely gonna wear my Walmart jacket, but I'm also gonna wear the a different thing that I have from the movies.
Speaker 1: But I thought, yeah, I have something from the movie, and then I have the Walmart jacket. It Yeah, jackets right up my alley. That is something i'd wear in Really, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm hoping it fits so so much like I'm hoping it just fits. I don't want it to be like too snug, and I don't want to be too big because it's kind of a big jacket.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is bulky.
Speaker 3: I need it to fit.
Speaker 2: Did you know I found I'm spoiling a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think I can't remember when. I think next week we're doing.
Speaker 2: Our Gilmart Girls gift ideas special but I do have my tree up now and it definitely has go more girls ornaments.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, my tree has someone who listens to this podcast and please d m us and remind us sent us ornaments that like it was like a I don't know whatever, a circle that had I smell snow it like embroidered into it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she sent it to all of us and I and I am telling that listener and sorry for not remembering your name. It is on my tree.
Speaker 3: It is. That is so nice, I think, so legit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, there's one more thing that we have to cover because Lauren Graham did an interview with E News and she did this morning, and they asked her where Lorla and Luke currently, So let's play game. You tell me what you think.
Speaker 2: Lauren responded, happy together, married, happy together, still working, not retired, no kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're definitely still together. I don't know what sort of grandchildren's situation there might be.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously there's a grandchild, were told, But.
Speaker 1: I think we're living happily in town. Then she continues to say, ultimately, it's not up to us. And also because whatever fans think has happened, I don't want to disavow them of that. It gets them into trouble. So I think she's saying that she can't.
Speaker 3: Answer was right. Her answer was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're definitely.
Speaker 3: I mean, first of all, can you imagine though, she's like, I think they're divorced.
Speaker 1: It's like, what, Yeah, they hate each other. They're no longer together.
Speaker 2: All right, we just saw them together. They're obviously still together. They're together there in the Walmart commercial.
Speaker 1: Grandma Lorlai, that is fun. She is a cool grandma.
Speaker 2: Because and the kind of cool thing is she's a young grandma because she's such a young mom.
Speaker 3: And Rory. Okay, so how old was Rory in the movies? Thirty thirty two? I know, we know this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was thirty two. She was thirty.
Speaker 3: She's not she's not a young mom by any means, but she's not what's.
Speaker 1: Thirty two plus sixteen forty eight?
Speaker 2: Right, she's a young grandma. She's younger than me. Oh wait no, but she's older now too. And the kid because the kid's eight.
Speaker 3: We're I love that.
Speaker 2: We're trying to do to the math. Wait, math is in our strong area. Way as a longtime listeners know we're not great at math.
Speaker 3: She would be fifty five. Fifty five, thank you Jackie.
Speaker 2: So Jackie is the one that has a calculator. So she's still she's a young grandma because Mike, you know, a lot some grandma's are seventy.
Speaker 1: And she for sure was thirty two in the movies. Like that sounded right, but I don't want to like make she.
Speaker 2: Was thirty two when started, No, but when Rory was born.
Speaker 3: So when the show started in two thousand.
Speaker 1: Laura Lai was thirty two and Rory was sixteen.
Speaker 2: And then the movies were in twenty eighteen. I mean her give us a give her take a year, guys, Like we're close, right, We're just doing our best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing our best.
Speaker 3: So yeah, she's definitely a grandma and a grandma.
Speaker 2: Oh and I bet you they could be a grandma again because.
Speaker 1: Luke has a grandpa. Luca is a grandpa just making eggs in the morning and here you go, honey, I see it. Oh, he'd be such a good grand grandpa.
Speaker 3: And April could have a kid now too.
Speaker 1: Sure all is possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I love our dreams.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: Sorry this wasn't so hard hitting news because it was more Danielle and Amy just dreaming of more Gilmore.
Speaker 3: But I feel like everyone's doing it.
Speaker 1: Tell us what you think, tell us if you you know what you think a sequel would look like, and where you think Luke and Lurla I really are we want to hear it all. Give it to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, we need to recreate so many things when we go on to this stars hollow.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Oh trivia, Amy.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my gosh, I'm on the road and I don't have my trivia cards.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I can.
Speaker 2: Ok, you know what, So, yeah, turn the tables on me this week because my trivia cards are at my house and I'm I'm sorry it sound like poo poo because I'm in the car, but but I wanted to cover the breaking news.
Speaker 1: So okay, stand by the move.
Speaker 3: Fine, yeah, try and stop me, try and stump me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: By No, I haven't started my Gilmore Advent calendar yet, but I'm going to. I'm gonna to catch up. So don't nobody reveal what's in the first hover many days. I haven't started mine yet.
Speaker 1: Hey, who's the first person to speak a line in the series.
Speaker 3: Uh, do not answer that. I'm leaning towards Rory slash Alexis and know where it is. It's in the coffee shop and there's that flirty guy there, that guy that's picking up on her. Is it the guy or is it Alexis? Am I close?
Speaker 1: You're close?
Speaker 2: It is one of those two things. Correct, No, it's it's oh is it? It's not Luke? It's not Lauren because she hasn't come in yet. No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I apologize. It's Lauren because Lauren's in the coffee shop first and Alexis comes in after.
Speaker 3: I am so sorry. I got that wrong.
Speaker 1: You are a winner. Now one more? One more to wrap us out. What is the name the bet BET's cat that dies in season one? Cinnamon Cinnamon's Wake?
Speaker 3: Try to be hard, Try to be hard. No, it's a good one. Do you have one more? Do you want? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay? This one's this one's hard. What is the population of stars Hollow?
Speaker 3: I feel like we've done this one eighteen thousand?
Speaker 1: No, I know we did win the Oh yeah we.
Speaker 3: Did what year? Okay? Okay? The population of stars Hollow is four thousand, two.
Speaker 1: Hundred anybody else, Jackie, Emma, give.
Speaker 2: Me higre lower, give me hire lower, higher than the eight hundred eighteen thousand are eight thousand.
Speaker 1: Close? Emma's closer.
Speaker 3: But I love Daniel's sound effects more than anything. How what did they give it to us?
Speaker 1: It is nine nine hundred and seventy three.
Speaker 3: That seems like a lot of people for how tiny the town is. Seems like a lot of gays.
Speaker 1: I got well more because this one's good, and hopefully I'm not stealing all your trivia cards. What does Rory shoplift after her first kiss with Dean?
Speaker 3: Oh? A book? Ding Ding? He accidentally does a book?
Speaker 1: Why is it? Why did Jackie day ding Ding answers? I know finally, Okay, all right, all right, Jackie? What is it? What is?
Speaker 4: It's corn?
Speaker 1: It's the corn meal or corn.
Speaker 3: Stars, the old corn starch. Come on me, so sorry? I think I killed my car battery talking to Let me make sure I didn't do that. It's the car is still going.
Speaker 2: The reason I'm in the cars I'm heading to see you while I'm on my way to l A.
Speaker 1: You can't wait, all right, guys? Well that was fun?
Speaker 3: That was That wasn't our best news, but it was it was good. It's possible.
Speaker 1: We shooting our best. We can't sleep. We're driving down from uh San Francisco to Lay's.
Speaker 3: Live late breaking news like we're on it.
Speaker 1: The news never sleeves, baby, The news.
Speaker 3: Never miss our Bunheads episode on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, see you guys next time. Hey everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com