Speaker 1: I had Rachel Lee Cook on Team Beat.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, here we.
Speaker 1: Go, and it was so fun and so good to see her. But she shared a story with me, Oh no, that I wanted to bring here to my pods World universe. So to give you a little bit of backstory, I told her, I said, you know, I've been reading snippets of my teenage diary on pod Meats World. And I said, and the thing that struck me, one of the things that struck me as being so funny is that I have all these diary entries from the time that Rachel and Writer that you two were dating, and it's so yes, And I said, and it's so apparent that I just have the biggest crush on Writer. But I like Rachel too much to hate her. But like I'm seething inside, like in the writing, it's like hung out with Writer and Rachel today. She's so cool.
Speaker 2: I don't want to punch her at all.
Speaker 1: But I don't think she understands him. And so I said, did you just curious did you ever pick up like when we were hanging out, did you ever pick up on the fact that I had a crush on Writer or that maybe you know somewhere I was jealous of you, and she goes, no, but I have a story and now I'd like to play the clip.
Speaker 3: Oh what I remember one time he said to me like, if you weren't with me, you know, who would you want to be with? And I realized in retrospect that he was probably thinking I'd be like, oh, I don't know James if he was still alive or something like that. But instead I say the name of my ex boyfriend and he takes it on the chin and I was like, I realized that I've probably answered wrong. And then I said, well, what about you?
Speaker 1: And he goes, Danielle what, I don't know the presses.
Speaker 3: I think I didn't remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was probably trying to make jealous.
Speaker 1: I was like, you were probably trying to.
Speaker 5: Make her hanging out all the time, I know, but yeah, she's probably right that. Like I expected her to say, like some you know, fa cele guy.
Speaker 4: When she said that, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, fine, how about my friend?
Speaker 2: You know that every day with.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 3: Just for the.
Speaker 6: Record, have you guys ever kissed anything on TV? You never had an when you were hanging out, nothing, it never crossed the line.
Speaker 2: Nothing ever happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, what we've talked about. We were cuddly the way teenagers, the way teenagers are cuddling.
Speaker 4: You'll probably cross the line now now, correct.
Speaker 1: I would not ever go over to your house and lay on with my head on your chest and my legs draped over your leg, listening to counting, but we definitely did.
Speaker 5: When you work in the car seems to look at stars and listen.
Speaker 1: To music and run in the rain together holding hands.
Speaker 6: We wouldn't do that away, it seems it seems totally normal.
Speaker 2: You were dating and you just didn't know it.
Speaker 1: But my favorite part of the whole thing is that when she finished the story, we started laughing and talking over it, but she looks right at the camera and she goes, you think I forget, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I just felt like my teen Beat world fully crossed over into the Pod meets World universe, and I had and I had to share.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So so you can hear the rest of the Rachel Lee Cook interview over on the designated feed at teen Beat. Yeah, it was. It's so much fun to talk to her. I've had so much fun doing that show and just getting hearing people's stories of what they were like as kids and teenagers, also getting Rachel's like the way Rachel felt about herself. She's like, I was such a try hard and I was like, it's so crazy because she was.
Speaker 4: She was like a definition of cool. But she was always she.
Speaker 5: I mean, the thing about Rachel is that she was she was always kind of she thought of herself as like a dorky person and it was like there was nothing everything. I mean yeah, no, I mean except she was earnest. She was not like but she just always had the best taste in clothes and music and movies and art and like, yeah, she was so sophisticated, but she never like she never thought of herself as sophisticated, which is that was you? I know, maybe described yourself.
Speaker 1: Writer is into cool clothes, per se.
Speaker 2: I think he was.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, he was.
Speaker 6: And he was.
Speaker 5: I think in retrospect, I can say graduation, I was a pretty cool kid, and you were silent.
Speaker 2: But I didn't feel the cool like nobody does.
Speaker 6: Know. There's I guess one thing I imagine, Danielle You're going to learn from your show is that there's something wrong with you. I think, honestly, if you look back and you're like, my teenage years, I was awesome and the world was at my doorstep, and it was the best time.
Speaker 2: In my life. Like everybody hates being a teenager at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: It's so tough and you're going through so many changes, and so it's like, you look back, but you were totally cool and sophisticated, and and you know, we drove a BMW and you you wrote poetry and you were friends with Adam Durretz.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course your teenagers were.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, part of it was that I always always hanging out with older people, you know more just like even in my hometown with my brother's friends, and like so I just always felt like sort of the the younger kid crashing the party, who like was lucky to be there, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: When in retrospect, like, yeah, I was pretty cool. I was doing cool things, and.
Speaker 5: I just didn't feel that way, you know. Yeah, God, that's interesting, right.
Speaker 1: Welcome to bod Meets World.
Speaker 2: I'm Daniel Vishel, I'm Righter Strong, and I'm wil Fredell.
Speaker 1: Today we are recapping season seven, episode eleven, What a drag in the raatest.
Speaker 4: Episode of Boy Meets World's history. May this go down? Let's proclaim it now, just before.
Speaker 5: Gold Star Man, the Emmy's just snubbed us in our final year with our greatest ever.
Speaker 4: Do you think Bill Daniels looks at his his entire.
Speaker 2: Career and says, with that one time I said a joke.
Speaker 4: To Eric Matthews.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: It originally aired December third, nineteen ninety nine. The synopsis Corey decides to redecorate the apartment while Eric and Jack poses girls to hide from.
Speaker 2: A rave throwing Fuck. You can't even I think you're gonna be surprised.
Speaker 1: I like to call this episode the Leather Jacket Gang is Alive and well exactly. It was directed by Jody Binstock. It is her third and final episode of Boy Meets World. It was written by Carlos Aragon. Before I jump into our guest stars writer, take it away with your overall fox.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, no, I think this is pretty bad, pretty pretty up there, and you know, definitely top ten were episode world, if not top.
Speaker 4: Five, probably top five.
Speaker 5: I would say it's hard to remember all of them, but I would say this is pretty bad.
Speaker 4: I mean, actually, the.
Speaker 5: B story is cute, and again we're in the the Corey Topanga era, which I do like, so that's cool.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's it's really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I mean, and it's one thing like it's it's it's just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I found it really insufferable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I it surprised me. I actually really liked this episode. I thought this was fun and kind of out of the box.
Speaker 2: I liked the I'm kidding it was awful episode.
Speaker 5: You know, maybe I was like, maybe it was really into his own performance, whether you're doing a French accent the whole time and and crying in a French accent the whole time because somebody ugly it is.
Speaker 6: This is so And I realized just halfway through, it's what we've talked about. It's this is the biggest drug trip. Nobody kind of cares about the stories. It's it's so, I don't I don't know what to think. I don't know what to say about this episode.
Speaker 2: I really don't. None of it makes any sense. I remember shooting this week.
Speaker 6: I remember specifically some stories about this week, but I remember getting into a fight.
Speaker 2: With Michael at one point. But this was just it was it.
Speaker 6: Was borderline, and I mean real borderline unwatchable.
Speaker 5: Yes, I actually found myself looking at my phone, yes, which is you know, like I don't do him life in general, but like especially when we're watching shows.
Speaker 4: For the podcast.
Speaker 2: Twenty and for twenty two minutes, it was an under six hours.
Speaker 4: Checking the news. Yeah, and I was like, what's going on? I had to like stop myself, like keep watching.
Speaker 2: It is everything about this. And I know you said you like the B story.
Speaker 6: It was so lost in the quagmire of whatever the hell was happening in the A story that I just didn't get.
Speaker 5: A real ruin of the B story is the fact that they actually try to have like a boy meets world sweet moment where Eric as a woman, gives the advice for the lesson.
Speaker 4: Of the B story and I was like, what is happening, nobody, It's Eric.
Speaker 6: I'm sitting there talking it to Panga and she doesn't get to that.
Speaker 1: Everyone has to pretend that we don't recognize you too. Also, I've never seen a more hideous woman than that in my life. And you are substantially better looking, yes than he is.
Speaker 2: Ed, thank you.
Speaker 1: I what I do have to share, we've now watched, however many episodes. We're coming up on one hundred and forty some odd episodes. We're in one hundred and forty five episodes of Boy Meets World, if not more at this point. Right, Jensen has never hated any of them. He's always been able to. He's always like, listen, here's the silver lining. I really like, even when we've all been like, I hate it, no redeeming qualities, he's found redeeming qualities. This was his he said, I absolutely hate it. I didn't hate it as much as he did.
Speaker 7: Can I tell you also that I think that this episode, more than any episode that we've seen, which is now almost all of them, you're all furious, you're all clearly out of you're not even there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: There are parts where Danielle feels sad. Yeah, Will, you're doing what you've done well this whole season, which is like, try not to drown and you drown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's bad. It's just bad.
Speaker 6: It is, and it's you almost want to And again, from an actor's standpoint of us working, getting to spend the year with each other, making more money, which is of course important, giving the fans something else, which is great season seven.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 6: I'm glad we got a chance to do it and all be together for the legacy of boy Mets Roll. That almost feels like we would have been better to end after season Well.
Speaker 1: You know what bothers me about it is it feels there is a part of me that when I watch it, and I do feel I feel like I'm looking at Danielle being sad. There is a sense and I remember feeling that way that season that felt like we had been raised and nurtured in kind of this. Not that it was all pleasantries, obviously, but we had been protected as a show and we had the same goal, and it was to make good a good product, and we were enjoying doing it. And then for some reason in the seventh season, because they knew it was over anyway, they stopped caring about us and they didn't feel the need to protect us or the characters. So it just became you write a script, you write a script, you direct an episode, you direct an episode. Let's bring this person and then throw that character out the window. Who cares anyway? And now this thing we worked six years to build, they just lit a match to and yet we all still had to go out there and do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it was also the thing that also made me sad, was it. It kept just I was kept just thinking about Writer's performance and Ben's performance and chick like me, and it kept just makeing me go, like, you know, all the good that did this kind of undid and it was just none of it made it was so well motivated, yes, just so poorly motivated. And then oh and it was even worse at the beginning. That's what Michael and I thought, we'll get into that because I.
Speaker 5: Mean, but it's just like the idea that Eric is like motivated by being upset that he's an ugly girl. Like that's literally what your character is supposed to be doing for like three scenes, not one, not one moment, but like it's the entire character arc. And it's like, actually could have been set up easily if you were talking about looks in the beginning, if you were talking about how women look, or you know, the way you feel about your own looks or don't even think about your.
Speaker 2: Own looks, Jack, how you know, there's ways.
Speaker 5: You could have done it, But instead it just becomes this jokey motivation that then we're supposed to carry through so many scenes, I was like, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Also, why not make it Jack who is an ugly woman and he's never been told he was ugly in his life wonderful and he all of a sudden is like, but wait, you know, and you could then help him through.
Speaker 5: Like that, And then he's pursuing the guy because he wants the guy to validation the validation, even though it.
Speaker 4: Puts him closer to getting caught.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, it's this was just yeah, this was a very very tough watch.
Speaker 1: While jumping into our guest stars, we have Andrew Levitos as Luther. He had appeared in the movie In and Out and TV shows like The Nanny and Party of Five, but has since become quite the renaissance man. A multidisciplinary artist, his work spans all types of mediums visual art, sculpture, film, and installation, with an emphasis on experimental mixed media. He's best known for his signature metal work photography process, in which photographic images are chemically transferred onto sheets of metal, blurring the line between painting, photography, and sculpture. His work often explores themes of environmental decay, human fragility, and urban transformation. Exhibited internationally in numerous galleries and museums. He's also produced several films, including The White Crow directed by Ray Fines, Georgetown directed by Christoph Waltz, and Lullaby, a movie he directed So.
Speaker 2: Hand Man, wo awesome.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine having to commit to this character? Also, why are the leaders of all gangs hot?
Speaker 2: Well, we like to know, I don't I was, I mean, why.
Speaker 1: Why they like why did they put that in the lines of the young women.
Speaker 4: Fifty's bully archetype?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Like they clearly just liked the like bad boy leather jacket, James Dean wanta be greaser because it's like such a clear archetype. It's like you have Harley, Harley's replacement Griff to a certain extent, you have this now it's like always these like handsome, gorgeous guys.
Speaker 6: But there's also the leather jacket instantly signifies you know, it's three guys with leather jackets.
Speaker 4: You're bad.
Speaker 2: You just need that.
Speaker 6: It's all you need to see. And we know and it wasn't three guys when we started. So yeah, well right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's Josh Lamb as gang member. This appears to be his first and only credit in the entertainment business. And also we have another featured background actor in Luther's Gang, played by Brad Everett Young. This was uncredited, but he also appeared on shows like Felicity and Gray's Anatomy and in movies like Love and Basketball and The Artist. He'd eventually become an always working celebrity and red carpet photographer, published in magazines like Vanity Fair, Vogue, People, Variety, and with celebrities like David Harber, Sarah Michelle Geller, and Seth Green. Sadly, Brad collided with a car going the wrong way on the one thirty four freeway and died at the young age of forty six.
Speaker 6: Oh God.
Speaker 1: Young also founded dream Loud Official, a grassroots initiative dedicated to restoring and preserving music and art programs in schools nationwide. So, jumping into our recap, we start in the student union. It's late at night and Eric and Jack are working overtime behind the counter. Eric is spit shining the register when they're startled by a rattling at the glass doors. The boys hide and watch on as a handful of guys in leather jackets, which still means they're up to no good load in sound equipment. These hooligans are putting together some sort of secret event and they've sent out over three hundred flyers, so they're expecting a big turnout out. The main thug Luther brags, big crowd, big money, lots of beautiful women, and none of it's legal.
Speaker 2: Just the kids we didn't know, breaking the law, breaking love it.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the original scrip, it was just him. Really, it was him.
Speaker 6: He might have had a couple that like he there was people that were helping him set up the rave, but it was just him.
Speaker 2: And I went to Michael. I'm like, Michael, come on, and he's like what what, what's the problem.
Speaker 6: I'm like, what's the problem. We're gonna dress like women to get away from this one guy. I'm like, Matt shredded and I'm two hundred pounds. We could crush this man.
Speaker 4: Yes, two against one, two against.
Speaker 2: One, and like what that?
Speaker 6: Well, well, you know it's all about you or you're the good guys. I'm like, no, Michael, this is right, and we ended up getting into a fight about it. I'm like, I'm not doing it. I'm not there's no reason why we're getting dressed like women to get away from this one guy guy. Yeah, and so we got into this whole thing. Well, then we'll give them guys, We'll give them thugs. I'm like, do something because I'm not doing it this way. Yeah, And it was the first time of really starting to stand up where it's like this is insane, and so he would. They went the rest of the other guy. Yeah, and then they gave.
Speaker 2: Him ten guys around it where it's like, at.
Speaker 6: Least make us feel threatened because this one little guy comes in.
Speaker 2: It's like, I'm gonna kill you. Well, then we're gonna beat out of you because there's two of us.
Speaker 4: But you were being cooked in a pot.
Speaker 2: Again. At least that was so absurd that it's like.
Speaker 6: This is fine, but it's it's just it was all of it is just I think it was also building up by this point of you know, and.
Speaker 4: Then to do this season.
Speaker 2: Man oh man. It culminated me wanting to leave with the lot of tickets.
Speaker 6: I mean that gout that goes later. But it was like, I just it was it was starting to build and build and build, and I remember Michael and I going at each other because this was made perfect sense to him, made perfect sense to him that.
Speaker 2: Well, he's the bad guy.
Speaker 5: And it's like, as a point of comparison, you think about players with squirrels, like how much of a slam dunk that over the topness was versus the over the top miss that they've been making you do in other episodes. It's it's too bad because it could have been. You know, it's fine to go over the top. Going big is great.
Speaker 6: I take some of this blame because I remember specifically asking Michael this season to let me play multiple characters. So I know because I had that conversation with him where I want to play more things, and I think Michael in you know, the road to Hell being paved with good intentions. I think in Michael's mind he was truly writing me stuff to try to get me on SNL. I absolutely believe that he would tell me that I think you can go on SNL.
Speaker 2: I think you can do stuff.
Speaker 6: So I believe in his mind he was giving me the opportunity to do multiple characters because he thought that's where he wanted to see me go, and.
Speaker 2: I asked for it.
Speaker 6: But it was a lot of it was not like, you know, playing the other the other hotel manager that's motivated, you know, plays with girls motivated, or it's just.
Speaker 4: One scene that it's like funny.
Speaker 5: It doesn't have to carry right this, They have to you have to carry a story in French accent.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: But I did ask I remember specifically, so I take some of the blame. I specifically asked him to play multiple characters. And I do believe he thought he was doing something for my career that was going to be helpful.
Speaker 2: But this was just this was a tough one to get through.
Speaker 1: A wide eyed Eric whispers to Jack, Dude, this must be that floating rave the school has been trying to bust. He wonders if they should call the cops, but Jack reminds him that's crazy Luther Montolfo.
Speaker 6: He's insane. Now they're just starting to put in other people's names. We Eric, and we had Eric from Carlos, and now we have Erica Montalfo. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Eric asks crazy Luthor, the guy who sells the stereo products at Lolo Prices. Jack explains, no, crazy Luther, who chewed off his own brother's finger. Jack begs him not to go near this psycho man. But Eric has a different plan. If they catch Crazy Luther their heroes. Jack fantasizes off in the distance. Hm, that would look good on my resume.
Speaker 2: Get into the job, was about to break this fire seed.
Speaker 4: I was watching him, like, I.
Speaker 5: Think it's the line right before he could not say, he's just not looking at.
Speaker 1: You trying to when he said crazy Luthor who chewed off his.
Speaker 6: I could tell is crazy Luthor supposed to be a student.
Speaker 1: I think so, He's not just like a neighbors.
Speaker 6: Multiple felon who's done all this stuff and yet still a student at the university.
Speaker 1: Well, he cares about his education. Copy of that, that would look good on my resume. Get a new job by a beautiful house, and hire a security guard to shoot you on site if you ever come near my property.
Speaker 2: I don't like that joke, well most of them.
Speaker 6: Most of this episode is people making fun of Eric, of how he looks or how he sounds, or even before he's a woman. Jack's like, I'm going to have you killed if you come near my home.
Speaker 2: So it's followed by.
Speaker 5: A sweet moment, which would have been funny if you guys had actually just kissed. I was waiting for you when you guys look at each other and you're like oh. I was like, oh, my god, would be so funny. If you guys had had any balls in the nineties, we would have just said like, oh, just.
Speaker 4: Have him kiss and oh my god, the way look at each other.
Speaker 1: I was like, is this you have so many fans happy?
Speaker 2: Dding Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wow, Eric notes.
Speaker 1: Sounds a little hostile, but I wish you well. Jack feels bad about his dream now, so the friends hug it out. After this little love fest, they sneak out from behind the counter, and we quickly flip to the result. Crazy Luther has been apprehended. Held back by two cops. The rave impresario stares down Eric and Jack, who are proudly gloating about the arrest. We dropped a dime, We nie one one your hoodlum butt. Jack tries to calm him down, but Eric's just getting started. He gets in Crazy Luther's face and thumps him with his fingers. Not so tough, now, are you? You want to chew him off? Crazy Luther stares back with scary eyes in a creepy smile, a look that terrifies Jack, but Eric shows no fear. Come on, they're never gonna see the guy again. He throw a rave in the student union. He is so expensed.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so he's a student.
Speaker 4: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Jack points out that Luther didn't technically throw the rave. In fact, they turned him in before he could do anything illegal.
Speaker 2: Eric scoffs.
Speaker 1: If that were the case, then the cops would have no reason to hold him. They have to let him go, they have to let them all go on cue. The cops release crazy Luthor and walk out of the building without another word.
Speaker 2: No or no. They don't.
Speaker 7: It's not by the way, it's apparently not illegal to break and they basically broke in.
Speaker 6: While yeah, no, that's fine, right, that's fine. Also, the cops don't leave. The cops stand there with the rest of the gang while Luther then says I'm going to kill you, and then they walk out with the gang.
Speaker 4: I just joined the gang.
Speaker 6: So the cops literally I was like, wait, they're not even having the cops walk out. This is this is literally all done in front of the police. Good luck, I'm gonna kill you, Matthews, You're dead, let's go, cops.
Speaker 2: And then they all walked out together as a gang. Yeah, it was like, get donuts. What the hell is going on? They did this in front of the police. The police don't do anything.
Speaker 6: He was like, Wow, we'd give it up at this point, I think we'd given up.
Speaker 1: His posse of hoodlums now flank Luther, clearly angry at the student union employees. The inmates oo, sensing trouble, just as Eric turns around to spot the predicament. Eric and Jack cower and fear, but crazy Luthor surprises them. I'm not going to kill you today. Eric is pleasantly surprised, but quickly is brought back down to earth. I'm going to let you go home and think you're safe, and when you think you are, you're not enjoy what's left of your lives.
Speaker 2: Boys, right in front of the cops.
Speaker 1: Walk out, leaving Eric and Jack quaking in fear. Eric asks what's going to happen and Jack breaks it to him. He's going to kill us. So doesn't he smack you on the stomach? Like, whack you? He like, does that holding your stomach?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then we're in the guy's apartment. Sean's making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when Jack bursts in the front door and quickly locks it behind him. He nervously scans the room. Where's Eric? Did Luther come here? Jack fear's the worst he got him, didn't he? Eric's gone?
Speaker 2: Scene? There's a couple of scenes that were Matt was very funny. This is one of them.
Speaker 1: Oh, poor Eric. He sobs on Sean's shoulder. He was so young and stupid. Sean tells him Eric's okay, and Jack quickly snaps out of it. Great, Well, he won't be for long if we don't come up with a plan, something very smart and on cue. A woman walks out of Eric's room, and sure enough the viewers and the screaming inmates realize it's Eric dressed in drag. He's wearing dodge ground, a wig with bangs, red lipstick, and a tight red dress and red heels to match. Also fake boobs.
Speaker 2: Well that's my chest.
Speaker 1: What do you remember about the prep to go into this outfit? Nothing?
Speaker 2: I literally remember nothing about dress.
Speaker 4: Just don't understand why they didn't make you uglier.
Speaker 5: If the joke is consistently that you're so unattractive, it's just I mean, it's such a weird predicament to put yourself in.
Speaker 6: I remember you and I rider having a ton of fun this week. For this scene, you and I just kept cracking up, and because it's you and I in the mirror together and you're you're almost breaking too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we we You and I had a lot of fun this week. I remember that specifically. A very small part this week is thank god, thank god?
Speaker 4: What am I doing with this thing on my wrist? Okay?
Speaker 2: I reached back, yeah, and I grabbed.
Speaker 8: This the you're a tailor, Yeah, so I'm gonna and then you get down on your knees behind him get into this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, what am I doing with the watch? That's like a special What is this thing? Okay? Yeah, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 1: Sorry, No, not idiot. That is that's cute.
Speaker 2: A pin cushion.
Speaker 1: A pin cushion. Correct. So Jack immediately responds, not that he'd rather die than follow this plan, so a notes, fine, after your funeral, I'm going shopping. Eric turns to Sean, adjusts his dress and asks, how do I look, babe? Sean looks him up and down. Yes, on the dress, No, on the face right or to your point, why didn't they make him uglier? Michael didn't think he needed to be uglier because he doesn't have a very feminine body.
Speaker 2: I'm not fair, I'm big, he's not.
Speaker 1: He's not skinny, so that's therefore that's just that's it.
Speaker 2: That's why Matt Lawrence was pretty.
Speaker 6: Matt Lawrence is pretty because of his body, and I was ugly because of mine.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, that's what it is. Also bangs, which don't work on anybody.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: You could have put you in like an awkward like what we did with Ben on the Chick Like Me episode is like a bad wig bat, you know, like it didn't work until he was core.
Speaker 1: Right, He's built like a bison.
Speaker 2: That's one hundred percent. It's a hundred percent it. Yeah, that's all it is.
Speaker 1: That's it. He doesn't have a fan in body.
Speaker 6: And my arms were not covered much, which I think is to show like I look big and awful, and it's like check it out, like look at look at the fat guy in the dress.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 6: That's truly what it was, and that's all it needed. Matt Lawrence pretty because thin, yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, but Matt's face with the makeup is actually more disturbing, Like you were the strip.
Speaker 1: Yes, you, you're gorgeous. The strip they put above like to block out, and then the thin.
Speaker 5: Painted There's something about his wig just doesn't match with the vibe.
Speaker 4: There's something off.
Speaker 1: Eric wonders what too much makeup? Sean clarifies too much Ugly. Jack is still disturbed and shouts Eric, but Eric corrects him. Whoa, it's not Eric, don't ever call me that again. Sean asks who he is, but Eric's not sure yet. He tries on a deep foreign accent. My name is Olga Svetlana. I am a shot poot champion. I don't shave my armpits.
Speaker 2: My bad Schwartzenegger.
Speaker 1: Sean explains he needs to find his own inner woman. So Eric stares at himself in the mirror. Inner woman, discover my chickness. He tries some seductive facial expressions as sexy music plays and Sean watches closely in the background, and you're fully breaking. Finally, he lands on chantal chantal dubois, I'm a little French girl. He turns to Shawn and ads and the very shy Sean sticks out a hand to greet his new persona on chante chantal mid curtsy. Eric turns off the voice and grunts to Jack. Now you He pulls a blonde wig out of a bag and hands it to Jack. You're Lala Nelson. You're a trollae former drug addict. Jack winds, No.
Speaker 2: That made me laugh. That is very funny. Yeah, trallape former drug addict.
Speaker 1: No, there's no way I'm doing this. He suggests that they leave town, but Eric reminds him, we can't leave town. We have mid terms all week. Jack can't. No. No, I'm a man and I'm staying a man, and I'm facing him like a man. Then there's a knock at the door and he shrieks and then hides behind Sean.
Speaker 6: Great shriek too. Had some moments in this one that was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we're at Corey and tapegall Corey has painted the entire apartment bright yellow.
Speaker 4: No it's not it's a stinkhole.
Speaker 1: A stink hoole. Trying to protect you guys, He confidently sings, my favorite color is yellow. I'm such a happy fellow. It makes me to go like yello.
Speaker 4: Now, this was so cool to realize Corey is very yellow.
Speaker 2: Yellow color.
Speaker 1: It is yellow.
Speaker 5: Is exactly this yellow goes back to like the sweater, the sweater, like he has that yellow in the but there's just someone I saw it.
Speaker 4: I was like, this fits. I love it. It's so funny to have like a color for a character.
Speaker 1: And like I was like, yeah, that's right he is. Then Topanga enters and is shocked. Unaffected, Corey waves hello, who's the most wonderful husband there is?
Speaker 6: And that's it was such a misjoke. How he does not turn around and say yellow?
Speaker 2: I don't understand, right funny?
Speaker 1: To Pega doesn't know what to say, What did you do? Corey's not reading the room literally and suggests, go ahead, put on something sexy and thank me. To Panga states the obvious, you chose yellow, Corey braggs, not just any yellow. This is the same yellow they used to paint those lines in the street.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: To Pega sarcastically repeats, how about that? Corey holds up the paint cannon brags three ninety nine a bucket, same as the city pays.
Speaker 2: Like low key.
Speaker 5: Corey's like got a deal, yeah, same as the city.
Speaker 4: That's you gotta do that.
Speaker 6: I want to see seventh grade version of this. Corey in Topanga I know, like that would have been so wonderful to see old married couple when you guys are eleven. Yeah, that kind of some stuff like that some but it was I mean, I get where they were going, but I would love.
Speaker 2: To have seen more this Corey and Topanga over the entire series.
Speaker 1: Because well, the funny thing is, this is a storyline between Corey and Topanga. They've done before, which is Corey not listening to Tapanga or not reading Tapanga at all. But normally it has an outcome where we're mad about it, and this one one he comes to the real The realization ends up being his. Tapanga never needs to say anything we do.
Speaker 4: I don't understand what happens.
Speaker 2: They try to.
Speaker 6: They try to explain the way where he says, I've known you long enough to know you didn't like it, and you were lying to.
Speaker 1: Me exactly that. I saw the reaction on your face, So why he lies throughout the whole episode? I love that look on your face when deep down what he actually felt is I know, I don't know why he did that, but yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like character character character change off offscreen, correct, no explanation, no motivation. Oh, I never wrely felt that way.
Speaker 6: None of our characters are our characters this season. Nice Phoeni's not Phoenie, for God's sake.
Speaker 2: Nobody is who they were. Nobody am thrown away.
Speaker 1: Tapega realizes he's worked really hard on this, and Corey admits he has. Once we decided we were going to fix this place up, I really wanted to put my heart and soul into it, you know. He wants her to be happy there. Tapanga tepidly agrees, I want me to be happy here too well. Corey announces he has a lot of ideas. Tapega quickly chimes in, sensing more trouble. Let's talk about them. Of course, Corey isn't hearing it. No, I want to surprise you. I mean that look on your face when you walked in meant so much to me. Topanga wonders this look and shows off a fake smile. He beams, yes, I've never seen you look like that before. It makes me want to surprise you every day for the rest of our lives. She grimaces. How long do you think that'll be? He shrugs, I don't know. It's a surprise. He gives her a kiss on the cheek. And hands her the bright yellow paintbrush. On his way out the door. She nervously asks where he's going, and he responds, cork world, that's the button.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I didn't well, don't you think I was? Yeah, I mean I like the cork jokes, the cork coffee, cork stuff.
Speaker 4: But why he's decided that cork is what they.
Speaker 1: Need right now in this moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a better button, you think, Yeah, you think there's a.
Speaker 4: Better show, there's a better episode.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: Maitland and Trina got the week off though, Yeah, oh yeah, I'm actually surprised because it you wouldn't call it.
Speaker 2: The week off so much as the reprieve. They got a call from the governor.
Speaker 4: But it does seem like it doesn't It seem.
Speaker 5: Like an obligatory scene to have the especially Maitland's character, interacting with you guys as women.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting that they chose to just she's a pretty.
Speaker 2: Well do that m Yeah, that wouldn't work.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't work. Chantal walks in with a high pitched bonjour. Crazy Luther and his posse happened to be sitting on the pool table, most likely planning their next illegal rave. Luther sees Chantal sashet past him and she has caught his attention. Wow, which goes again, all happened and he's not interested in you, but yet you walk by and he goes wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the wow is supposed to be how ugly?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh really, I think.
Speaker 5: A lot more sense because I was like the fact that, you know, the sort of what's supposed to be happening is that everybody that sees her, yeah, is like shocked by how ugly she is, right like that, the.
Speaker 2: Fact that.
Speaker 1: But okay, I was, I was like, wait a minute, he very clearly is interested in her. But then okay, so maybe it's wild how ugly? Okay? Chantal rattles off. You see Laala, You see how simple it is. He turns around and Laala is nowhere to be found. Chantal gallops back outside and calls out, Laala, girlfriend, I believe it's time for you to make your debut jack aka. Laala walks in wearing a blonde wig, leopard print top, black mini skirt, black tights, and leather boots. The audience screams at the outfit, and Lala awkwardly twirls her hair for the hoodlumps, and then angrily b lines to Eric this is quazy. Eric responds, it's not crazy, and don't call me Eric Jack. Then the posse makes their way over to the woman and Luther asks how you do one. Instinctually, Jack responds in his normal voice, how you doing, but quickly realizes his error. Chantal quickly jumps in, this is my friend Laala. She's shy. Luther clarifies with an attitude, Well, I want to talk to just her, okay. Chantal is offended, you don't want to talk to me, and Luther bluntly breaks a tour no. Then all of a sudden, phoene appears. I, however, do wish to talk to you? So does he recognize you?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so he does.
Speaker 6: Phenie recognizes right away and specifically calls Eric over because the character has been so supportive for seven seasons, so he specifically calls Eric over to insult him, right, just like phoene would do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chantal responds, ooh, it's monsieur Feenie. Hah. Don't be a buttinski. It's a very long story. You will not figure it out. Phoeney asks Eric what's the figure. He's pretty and you look like a bison. Phoene shifts his attention to Eric's chest just.
Speaker 4: Disappears it was hitting on making the moves.
Speaker 2: Phoene calls Eric over and then Luther goes away.
Speaker 6: Also, it's so funny, I know, just because of the way you know, it's it's obviously not crystal clear on the screen when you're watching it. The whole time, I'm sitting there with Sue is like pausing and him like, unbelievable. They got an extra in the background that looks so much like Danielle. It is unbelievable. I'm like, that is the craziest thing. No, it was you, Oh it was you sitting there. But I'm like sitting there the whole time going like, oh my god, like she looks so much like Danielle.
Speaker 2: That is crazy. And Sue's like, no, no, no, the hair shorter. I'm like, no, I don't.
Speaker 6: I think it just God, looks so much like I said, no, that's definitely not and then it does, like oh yeah, it's I'm pausing it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is so funny. So Phoene shifts his attention to Eric's chest on his way out. Hmmm double ds just like your grades, doesn't ask is anything wrong?
Speaker 6: What's going on? Do you need to I'm always here for you, Eric, Do you need to talk? Nope?
Speaker 4: When Sean does it and chick like me, Yeah, that's the joke if you need to talk? Which is so.
Speaker 5: Funny because it's so in character sensitive, Phoene you a good teacher?
Speaker 4: Yeah, taking this serious.
Speaker 6: Literally calls Eric over just to insult him. I'm no, nobody is their character anymore. And this this is when I was watching it when I made kind of a startling realization because first started watching the show and doing the podcast. In my head, season seven was my favorite season. Like I thought, this was the best season. I walked out going we got. I've talked about it in interviews. We got, we were getting better as we were going on. We should have kept going.
Speaker 2: And what I realized was I was conflating how much fun I was having on the set with the quality of the show, and.
Speaker 5: Also just how in charge of the comedy you were. You know, like you were leading these storylines finally, like really leading storylines with just pure comedic performances. Probably was making you feel so good. Unfortunately the scripts were not there to support.
Speaker 2: You, and I didn't remember that at all.
Speaker 6: I remember walking away like man, we were getting stronger and the scripts were getting better and it was so funny, and watching it now it's like, oh god, no, we were just having fun.
Speaker 2: But the scripts are It's just a totally different show.
Speaker 1: It's weird, yeah, totally. Also, the audience loves when Feenie calls you a bison, but Chantal's spirit is crushed. I look like a bison. Jack asherzim No, he was just saying that. Don't take it so hard. In the scene right before this, writer Sean calls you ugly, no, too much ugly, and you have zero reaction to it at all. But when Feenie says the word bison, that's that's what happens.
Speaker 6: And drop the accent when you get when you get upset, I mean, like stop speaking in French and crying and be like, wait, am I really that? Like make it if it's that's what you got, make it a moment. Don't keep it in that French at I'm like, what you have to do.
Speaker 5: When you go to like to Panga in the other scene, have one of the thugs nearby, So that's why you.
Speaker 2: Can't, right, you have to do character instead.
Speaker 5: It's like you're just choosing to stay in character to have a real emotional experience as a woman that is a relate. But again, it could have been set up if you are just insulted as Eric or feeling bad about your looks as Eric. So then you're like, oh, well, at least as a woman it's okay. And then it's like suddenly not okay, and you know.
Speaker 2: Like that is something, so anything to set up Yeah, anything.
Speaker 4: Voices are hard.
Speaker 5: Man Like, whenever you're stuck doing a voice, like a character voice for too long, I know it like it wears out, it's welcome, and that's a voice actor you can choose. Yeah, it's something about on camera voices can be really I think that you know, a lot of really good movies have fallen prey to this, Like even you know, people swear by Zoolander.
Speaker 4: But I think part of the reason that Zoolander.
Speaker 5: Didn't wasn't a huge hit is because Ben Steeler was doing a voice the whole time. And you know that when you know somebody's actual voice, it's very hard to buy in on them doing a character voice. Yeah, even a Cable Guy, which is a brilliant movie. When it did, it did not do well commercially. And I think part of the reason is that Jim Carrey decided to do a voice.
Speaker 4: He's doing a lisp.
Speaker 5: And everybody knows that's not real, and it's a little hard just buy in, and so it adds his heart officiality. And I think again, in both these storylines, you guys are doing a voice the entire time, Yes, and it's just you just lose your patience with you, okay, and then you'll never buy it, You'll never believe it.
Speaker 1: Chantal continues in her French accent. How can I not take it hard? I see all the men look at me and point at me and avert their eyes and choke back their vomit. Jack barks at him, dude, dude, keep it down, all right, but Eric won't listen. No, I am but ugly. Jack tries to comfort him, but she just shouts, don't look at me, la, la, just let me die here. Jack responds in a rushed, high pitch voice, okay, okay, ha, but Chantal can't stop. I don't know how much more of this I can take. He turns around and burps directly into Crazy Luther's face. Luthor waves a hand in front of his nose and winces damn again him and don't burp.
Speaker 2: I don't, Yeah, I don't, it's.
Speaker 1: Chantal explains, excuse me, it must have been the bad crape, then cries and runs away. Now alone with la La, Luthor hands her a kalally and asks, you got a boyfriend. Jack responds, in his high pitched choice hitting on a girl with us post. That's where he left. He went to go get the kalally.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Luther shoots his shot you want one, and Lala loudly repeats herself positively not crazy. Luthor sits her down on the couch and says, come on, La La, I'll take you places you've never been before. Lala, that's out an extremely nervous laugh. Bet you've never been there before either, Clever.
Speaker 4: It's just one long gay panic joke for the rest of the episode.
Speaker 7: I tell you, I think this is the worst scene in boy MutS world history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this one right here. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I think that Danielle alone with Will is second. I think the first and second worst scene is in this episode.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, nearby, Corey runs in carrying a bunch of cork nick knacks to Panga Topega, you are not going to believe this one Cork World is going out of business? Can you believe that Tapega doesn't get it? Cory is thrilled. Yeah, bought everything they had. This is a cork coffee table. Do you realize the money we're gonna save on coasters? She asks? What if I want coasters with that? He pulls them out, got them anyway. He turns to leave, but Topanga wants to know where he's going. Corey laughs, I just bought two tons of cork. Where do you think I'm going?
Speaker 2: Did you notice the books behind you? By the way, no number of books about Fleetwood Mac.
Speaker 6: Really there's music books and then just Fleetwood Macs rumors or dreams is behind you, just books of it and likes him right.
Speaker 1: What's her name back? Maybe she'll remember them?
Speaker 2: I hope that you can't even remember her name? No, no, kid, there you go?
Speaker 1: She answers, I wouldn't know, and Corey shouts wrong thumbtack city. He then excitedly scurries off.
Speaker 6: Yeahooo, okay, I thought we're just buttoning the.
Speaker 1: Scene, Topanga reminds herself, you love him. Just remember you love him, Do not forget you love him. She walks over to the coffee counter, passing right by a sobbing sean tall Ta. Panga is startled when she chimes in, at least he still finds you attractive. I just don't think the way a person looks should make them the object of ridicule. To Panga tries to comfort her by squeezing her shoulder, but when Chantal turns around, she gasps yeh. She quickly walks away because she said, not that ugly right now, You're really not. You're actually really pretty.
Speaker 6: To the point where people are literally going wow. And I mean like you.
Speaker 5: Could have had clown like bad makeup, like bad like you put on that is like almost, I hate to say it, like Matt like mad is overdone with his makeup eyebrow and so that to me looks like a thing has been done to his face. So you're like, what something's off here, which is of course that he's a chiseled masculine face. But you actually they did the makeup, so it actually makes you look like a decent looking woman. You're like, yes, there's no, it's believable. You're passing more.
Speaker 4: Than he is, just so I don't understand all the ugly stuff.
Speaker 1: It's really yes, it makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Well no, you're you're one hundred percent right though, Danielle.
Speaker 1: It's that on bigger right, And was that with.
Speaker 4: Your body you would automatically be an ugly woman. With Yat's body, he would be a better pretty woman.
Speaker 10: Yep, yes, wow.
Speaker 1: Back on the couch, Crazy Luthor is still trying to make a move on Lalla. He grabs her hand and suggests they go somewhere more private. Lalla responds, ooh no, no, we must get off this crazy train. Luthor gets excited and throws an arm around her. Yeah, let's get crazy. Come on, I'm taking you to dinner. Laala follows his lead and manages to get free from his grasp and sidebar with Eric. He thinks I'm pretty and he's taking me out. Chantal breaks into hysterics again. Oh sure, rub it in. Lala and Crazy Luthor walk off into the sunset as an accordion plays and Chantal come planes, who's gonna take me out? The zoo keeper? Also, why did they go to the student union. Why they obviously didn't have to work. Why not just hang out in your dorm?
Speaker 2: Because got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you? And then we're on the student union patio. Tapanga is reading a book when Corey comes sprinting up. She has to come to the apartment to see what he did. She insists she doesn't have to see it, but he insists after the yellow and the cork, I had an idea. Topega is sure it's beautiful. Corey adds it was my best idea, yet, want me to tell you. Tapanga is sure she'll see it, but he wants to know when she pacifies him with someday. He's fine with that, but he needs to go back and finish. Then she half hardly tells him to have fun, and he reminds her on his way out, can't wait for you to see it. She flinches in disgust and is then joined by a still sobbing Chantal, who passed Corey like two ships.
Speaker 4: In the night.
Speaker 1: Chantal takes a seat at the table, and, when asked if she's all right, tall exclaims no, Topanga, I'm not. How does Topega think Chantal knows her? How come to Panga?
Speaker 2: She says, do I know you?
Speaker 4: Do I know you?
Speaker 2: She says, that's our next line. She's like, yes, sorry each other. I know no.
Speaker 5: How how you don't recognize your brother in law in a wig with with some lipstick on?
Speaker 2: Is it's it's so obside. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Eric quickly catches himself your Topanga, everyone knows you. You're beautiful, you have a wonderful husband who loves you. And I'll never have a husband because I'm a shy, ugly little French girl. To Pega insists that she's not.
Speaker 2: Even though before you recoiled totally yeah.
Speaker 1: And Chantal is so happy to hear that. Really, Topanga plasters on that fake smile and laughs. We all have our problems. I mean my husband who loves me also, so Tapega is just going to make this about her. Just you're crying, listen. We all have our problems. I mean my husband who loves me also, chantalinter reupts her Corky. Tapega corrects him, Corey, our house is quirky and yellow, and I really don't like it at all, but I don't have the heart to tell him. Chantal suggests you should. He would not want to do anything that would make you unhappy. To Pega size still fooled by Eric barely dressed as a woman. But he's so excited. Chantal insists, what would make him really excited is to do something that would make you happy. Topega asks you think, and Chantal prompts her with a question, do you love him? Topega admits more than anything. Chantal follows up with does he love you? To Pega reveals for our whole lives?
Speaker 6: Also try every time I talk to you, every single time, I lean forward and take your arm, and then I sit back, and then I lean forward and take your arm, and then I sit back and then I leave. By the fifth one, I was like, dude, what the like? Every single time I speak.
Speaker 2: I lean forward and grab your arm, and then I sit back and then lean forward and grab your arm. And then I said, bac it Oh.
Speaker 1: It was so crazy, So Chantal declares it right, then trust him, it will all work out, okay. Tapanga earnestly thanks him for caring, and Chantal notes you seem like such a nice girl. Tapanga returns the favor, so do you. They shake hands, and Topanga yells out in pain as he squeezes her hand. A little too hard. She tells Chantal it's nice to meet a new friend, especially one with such a beautiful spirit. Chantal gasps, did you just say that I was beautiful? Tapega contemplates her answer for a moment, then says, yeah, I did, and I meant it. You are beautiful. This would all mean a lot more at Tapanga not recoiled in horror at the sight of your face.
Speaker 2: It's very much characters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, that's not It's all surface stuff and I'm.
Speaker 1: Fat, right, Chantal's voice shakes I am to Pega nods, yeah, maybe we could be friends. I'm only friends with hotties.
Speaker 2: Yeah I noticed, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Chantal sobs again. We would be such great friends, but I'm sorry, I can't. I'm sorry. Chantal gives to Panga a little slap on the arm, and again she's hurt by his strength. She wonders, why not, Why why can't we be friends? Oh well, Chantal reveals, because soon I will be gone, either back to Franz or killed by crazy Luther. To Panga is surprised the stereo guy was this who thought this was funny enough to be a runner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't, Chantal clarified, no, the guy who bites off the fingers. But before Chantal leaves, she wants to thank toa Pega one more time for calling her beautiful. She gives her new friend a big hug, rocking her head back and forth, almost suffocating her. To Pega, responds Chantal, but she continues to cry. I don't know what that means, but goodbye. Chantal bends down so we can see all a purse skirt and then.
Speaker 2: Because you can see your face, you can see your faces.
Speaker 1: I was like, and I cover you a yank your skirt down. She walks off as generic French music plays in the background and to Panga looks disturbed. Later that night, at the student union, just returning from their date, Crazy Luthor leads La La back to the couch and she's very obviously trying to keep her distance. He cuddles up next to her and asks, I bought you dinner and shoes. You coming back to my place or not? Well? I asks, no, you think you can buy me for a pair of slingbacks. Luthor asks what it'll take, and Jack thinks for a moment. She finally responds some hockey sticks and some baseball leads, and.
Speaker 4: It's all men's stuff. Nice because sports, so it's all men.
Speaker 1: It's men's stuff. Yeah, and cars, cars, and everyone has a price. Luther brags eighty nine firebird t top. She adds i'd want that. He quips back, well, you ain't getting that, and Jack snaps a sassy finger. Then you ain't getting nothing again. The inmates get rowdy, but Luther shakes it off. Fine, you're nothing but a big, big distraction anyway, while I shocked distraction from what crazy Luther answers from killing those two idiots.
Speaker 2: You can't do as you tell your date that you're about to go kill people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love how he's just talking to people like in a crew.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go kill these two guys that you don't know at all from before that you weren't there for and in this episode, Yeah, those two, I'm kill them, like, okay.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get a couple of my boys and pound those two. Thanks to you, I'm very frustrated. Laha instantly tries to calm him down. Oh hm, I wouldn't want to be responsible for any violins. What does violin solve? Luther explains it solves that I'm not disrespected in front of my boys. I will not be made to look the tool. Jack betters him a little.
Speaker 2: Reading, and mister t.
Speaker 4: Eric, it's totally you're.
Speaker 5: Getting into wrestle mode, so you're like WrestleMania speuturephone.
Speaker 1: I see you don't want to be embarrassed in front of your pals. Luthor nods, so Jack runs with it. When Lala hears all that he man talk, it gets her feeling a little snugly. She nestles up to crazy Luthor and bites her finger for emphasis. Luthor likes what he's hearing, and she calls out for Chantal. Ooh look at us, aren't we just as pretty as a picture? Get a camera, Go get a camera. Eric does as he's told and scurries off to the student store. Luther questions a camera, and La La explains, Oh, yes, I just love taking pictures, don't you. Luther shrugs, whatever turns you on, baby. Then Chantal reappears with a camera. Jack commands her, let's get a picture of Luther and I documenting our pashion. Chantal wonders why, and La La leads her friend to water. Because Luther values his reputation more than anything, and I'm sure his friends would just love to see a picture of him and me. Why did Eric need to be Why didn't what? Why did they didn't think the audience were getting Eric fends down and whispers to Jack in his normal voice, but dude, you're not even La La cuts him off and screams, just take the picture. Chantal does as she's told, and La La sets up Luther for the big payoff. Pucker your lips and close your eyes and you'll get a big surprise. Luther does as he's told, blinded but ready for a kiss. Jack whips off his wig and poses for the picture, flexing his muscles to emphasize his manliness. She tells Luther to open his eyes, and he's greeted by Eric now with his low pitched voice.
Speaker 2: How you doing.
Speaker 1: Luther's eyes widened and he lets out a horrified grunt. It's you. Jack is unrattled. Let's discuss your reputation. At the same time, Eric pulls off his wig. Hello. Luther threatens to kill them both, but Eric grins, I don't think so. Jack holds up the polaroid. You even look at us wrong again? This picture is going on the school web page page. Luther tries to steal wo Luther tries to steal the picture back, but Eric snaps another picture of the two grappling for backup ding. A defeated Luther gives up fine, I won't look at you wrong. Eric puts back on his wig. As the bully leaves on his way out, he looks at the bison, I won't look at you at all. Chan Tal barks back, Oh yeah, I'm beautiful on the inside and on the inside, you're a pig. Luther storms away, and Eric grinds up on.
Speaker 2: The Jack and the same thing pig again. Pig and tushy would be the name of our British bar. The pig and tushy.
Speaker 5: Pop up, well ches and now the late nice spot will be back.
Speaker 2: She dance, Yes, yes, the.
Speaker 1: Jack size and relief man. I cannot wait to go home and get out of these clothes. Eric doesn't say a word, He just continues to seductively dance around. Jack asks Eric, and he responds, still in his chantal voice. I've never felt so alive in my life. I just want to He touches his fake boobs and continues to shimmy as the French music plays once more, and then we're outside Corey and Tapega's apartment. Tapega's at their front door, practicing what she's going to say to Corey. I just want you to know that I love you, and no matter what you did to the apartment, it's fine with me. She knows she's lying, but she walks in any way and notices there are no yellow walls and no quirky furniture. The walls are blue, the furniture is normal, and Corey's just lounging on a nice couch. T Pengas startled. What did you do? He scoffs, you know, you know you keep saying that. She looks around and declares it's beautiful. He asks, oh, what it wasn't beautiful, before she tells the truth. No, actually it was hideous. Corey wonders why she didn't tell him, and she admits, because I know you, I know how much work you put into this, and I didn't want to make you feel bad. Corey explains, well, it's a panga. I know you too, I've known you my whole life, and I know you didn't like what I was doing.
Speaker 6: He did, he did this in half a day, all the furniture which they couldn't afford.
Speaker 2: Also at the beginning, which you didn't talk about the fact that.
Speaker 6: He painted, even the stove and the But now by the end of the day it looks like this. But they complain, he complained for two episodes about what the stank palace it was.
Speaker 2: It is but half a day.
Speaker 1: Half a day, and it looks like that, and it.
Speaker 2: Looks like that beautiful Gotcha copy. It still more believable than the A story.
Speaker 1: She says she loves it now and wants to see what else he's done. It's not enough. She runs off to the bedroom, as Corey assures her. If there there's ever something that I do that you don't love, all you have to do is tell me. It's not like it's going to hurt the marriage. Here we're a team, and if you don't like something, then I don't like something. It's unhealthy. But okay. She walks back into the living room and matter of factly states, I don't like the mirror over the bed, but that's not going anywhere. He yells tough, and in response, she playfully jumps on top of him.
Speaker 6: I never got mirrors over the bed. Oh, I mean again, so you're looking it.
Speaker 5: If if you don't want to watch yourself, you want to watch yourself having sex, that's right.
Speaker 6: Right, But then you're watching, you're on the bottom to watch to look at the things, so she'd have to be on top.
Speaker 4: So you'd get to see.
Speaker 2: Her back. You never.
Speaker 6: Have, you you've watched yourself in an overhead mirror.
Speaker 5: Nothing terrifies me more than the thought of myself having sex.
Speaker 2: Me too, I feel the same way.
Speaker 7: The video of writer having sex comfortable.
Speaker 5: I'm very comfortable with a lot of aspects of it, but the thought of seeing what I actually look like horrified.
Speaker 6: I just never I never got I mean, I could see on the side or in front of you, but I don't. I know, It's like you got to be in very specific positions for that to do anything matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Back at the student Union, Daniel loves watching herself.
Speaker 6: She's just in a big mirrored room, Like everywhere its mirrors floor to ceiling.
Speaker 5: I did when I was a kid, for the first time we looked for a place in la We were looking at houses and Encino to rent for the second season of Boy World, and I remember going in and with my mom just seeing in the bedroom they had like a giant mirror above the bed.
Speaker 4: And being like, why would you be like it's a thing, it's the next thing.
Speaker 5: Oh the real estate agent being slightly embarrassed to show us like, yeah, never gotten to the choice.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 1: Back at the student union, Jack and Seawn are playing pool and Jack's putting on and over at the top, wise guy accent as he calls his next shot. All right, we've got the three ball inside pocket. He makes the shot, but Sean just stares at him. Why are you talking like that? Jack is offended.
Speaker 10: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I'm a man?
Speaker 1: All right? This is how a man talks, and this is how a man dresses. And this is how a man walks. He struts while grabbing the front of his jeans. And this right here is how a man shoots stick. He lines up his next shot, but Sean has hurt enough. You're overcompensating. Without warning, Jack gets defensive with a student walking by. What are you looking at? You want a piece of me? My friend? Get out of my eyes sight. Sean notes, I bet Eric's adjusting to his manhood better than you. On cue, Eric walks in still dressed as Chantal. Hello, Sean admits, maybe not. Chantal announces, hello you two boys. It is such a beautiful day outside, but not as beautiful as me on the inside. Jack reminds him there in the clear, he doesn't have to be a woman anymore. Eric's fully aware, but he discovered how beautiful he is, so he's decided to stay like that forever, even though on the inside you could still be you right, Yeah, he looks off in the distance. It's so satisfying and rewarding to be in touch with one one's feminine side. Sean and Jack stare in disbelief. Then a cute girl walks by, and Eric immediately reverts back to his normal voice. Now I'm going to get in touch with her feminine side, so excuse me, He calls after her in the French accent. Hello, we can be best friends. Then he switches back to Eric. Come on, everyone experiments in college.
Speaker 2: I hate to say I think I added that. I think that one's on. Think you're probably right, yep, that one's on that.
Speaker 1: Well, there was an episode, guys, that's an episode of BOE in this world. You had remembered more about this episode? Well, than I think writer I did, because you had been talking for like a few seasons ago, you started saying like, oh, there's an episode where you remembered hating it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did it. I hated doing it.
Speaker 6: This is very rarely did I read an episode and hate what I had to do that week. It was rare because I was like, all right, i'll find the comedy here, I'll.
Speaker 2: Do this, I'll do that. I hated this. I hated this from the second I read it. I fought with Michael about it. I hated this. I truly truly hated this.
Speaker 1: Feel I feel sad for those of us on that screen.
Speaker 4: Yet, Yeah, yeah, I'm very glad that I had such a small part this week. Yeah yeah, just make a sandwich and we have some pool.
Speaker 2: Miss hemiskirt, hemmi skirt.
Speaker 1: Our next episode is season seven, episode twelve, Family Trees. It originally aired December seventeenth, nineteen ninety nine. Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch. Sorry merch Podmeetsworldshow dot com a writer send us out.
Speaker 4: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 5: Podmeets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Ryder Straw Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Taras Ubach, producer, Maddi Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World Superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at podmets World Show or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com