Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show. Here's your host, Bobby Bones.
Speaker 2: Hello. Amy had to leave she was feeling great, so we'll go Amy us today. A couple of things. One I posted on my Instagram story last night a drink and it was in a Martini glass. But it was not a martini. It was a moncktail. I don't know why people still think that I would announce that I'm now drinking through just a random picture of a random I went to Luogo, which is a restaurant we really like in town. We didn't even stay, we went to pick up food. Kaylen's parents were in town last night for just a single night because they were driving through, and so it's like a favorite place. So there's a certain thing that you can't order on the app from there, but you can't order You can order Uber Eats from there, but there's a certain pizza that we like to get from there that's so thin they will not send it out delivery because they feel like the integrity of the pizza is ruined. So you have to go and actually order it and take it yourself from there. If it's the pizza, the rest of it, you can order from whatever door dash you breeds. So I'm like, we gotta get the pizza. And it's her dad's favorite thing too. So we go and we're sitting at the bar and the bar tender says, what do you have? And I said, just make make me something dirty.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Now, I said, give me a mocktail. Whatever you have, give me some the fruity. The fruity is mocktail you have, And so he did. And then I just posted that picture and I didn't think much about it. I probably had seventy people going, are you drinking now? From that one picture. So it would be the lamest way for me to announce that I'm now drinking, Like I want to use that on the show, because yeah, that would be material we would put here. No, it is if you go to my instagram, mister Bobby Bones, if it's still up, depending on what time you see this, you're gonna be watching its live right now. That is there's no alcohol in that. It was called like a it's like a cherry drink, but it was kind of hot, which is probably soda water. It was good, but there's not alcohol. Soda water makes it hot, spicy, yes, club soda, sparkling water.
Speaker 4: It's funny because that's what kids call it. That's when my kids say like, ooh, this is spicy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm sure they pored a little something in two, but that was what it was. I want to clear that up. Number two. We turned the lights on the pickleball court last night. Played for like twenty five minutes or so. You played with your father in law. Yeah, they played for a while. I worked and then I went out. I played a bit, so I'm a little better than they are, obviously, And so I went out and was just gonna hang out and I hopped in a game and played. But I posted a picture of that last night. It was the first time we really turned the lights on the pickleball court on my Instagram story. And they work. Eddie and I did a greatjob. While I'm bringing this up is for those that know. If you're listening to this or you're watching this, you probably know that the whole Edditing and I build a pickleball court was a joke. We said it on the air maybe twice and it was hey, get in this joke with us. So a lot of you guys have been involved in the joke, meaning every time, and we would post a picture from the pickleball court as we were quote unquote building it. All we were doing was walking out, like after we'd work out into the field where there was like a tractor or a shovel or equipment and just stand in it and be like, oh, it's another hard day building the pickle ball court, which was perfect because we were already sweaty from the work exactly. But you guys knew that, and so thank you for being a part of the joke. Well, so I posted that last night. I got a bunch of people that weren't in on the joke going, you guys did a great job on that pickleball court, and they were like, did you guys do the lights yourself, to which I was like, no, we brought in the light guy. Oh okay, yeah, you didn't tell me that, So no, no, I know, but now you know. And so not only that, we played last weekend and Gator who runs the station here, the local station, and George Burgh, who's a really good friend of ours, who has a couple songs, a couple of hits, and George is a really good player. They came to the house and again we're close to them, and we didn't tell them it was a joke, and so they don't listen to the podcast. They both came over within fifteen minutes of each other and they were like, you and Idi did a great job. And I thought they were kidding because they're close friends. And I was like, oh, you never knew that we actually didn't build this court. Funny because we didn't build the court. We did we did nothing. Actually, yeah, but iy k k yeah. So those are two things I wanted to mention just to begin this here, is that we didn't build a court. But you guys probably already know that if you are watching us one with us, but please keep the joke up. A lot of people don't know. And secondly, I haven't started drinking. I felt like that needed to be that need to be brought up. That's ridiculous. That would have been a funny way to announce it, no announcement at all. One winning powerball ticket was sold in Georgia for the mass of four hundred and seventy eight million dollar jackpot drawing. And that's a lot of money. But whenever they give away a billion dollar pots, when they go the massive four hundred seventy eight million I'm like, that's nothing. Yea, which hit a billion. The Lucky Ticket has a cash option of two hundred and thirty million, so you take the four and lunchbox. My question is if it's four hundred and seventy eight million, but you take the cash option of two hundred and thirty million, is that what taxes already taken out? Or do the taxes come out after that?
Speaker 1: I assume that's the tax is taken out.
Speaker 2: I would assume it's taxed after that. Yeah, tax after that. That's my guess me too. My assumption is that you're getting less because you're taking it all up front and then they take the taxes out. But I didn't know if that was like the all the way boiled down, but I don't think it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then also the other option is to get yearly payment. Yeah, that paid assay of what I like now because.
Speaker 1: Most people just take the junk because they're like, man, I don't want to I'm not going to be around for fifty years to get all four hundred million, right.
Speaker 2: But it does go to your family though if you die, like it does keep coming. Oh I'm not worried about them, yeah, but meaning it doesn't stop. Yeah, most people take the cash option.
Speaker 1: And that's the end. And that ended the drought eight years since someone in Georgia had hit the Big One.
Speaker 2: Two tickets worth a million bucks were sold in Pennsylvania and Texas. So that is from North Jersey Publication Lunchbox. You wouldn't want your kids to get some of that money, like after you die, they'd have it from the Lumpsomi took.
Speaker 1: I mean they'll have it either way. I want to enjoy more of.
Speaker 2: It, Okay. The old oldest person in the US dies at one hundred and fifteen years old. Elizabeth Francis of Houston, Texas died yesterday of one hundred and fifteen gos. That's old. The longeva Quest database, which keeps track of the world's oldest people, says she was born in Louisiana during the Taft administration in nineteen oh nine and lived through two World Wars and twenty US presidents. She was living with her ninety six year old daughter when she died. Like it's straight genetics, Like, yeah, daughter's ninety sex, you're one fifteen, she's ninety six. That's some good genes right there. The eldest person in the US that has not died is Naomi Whitehead of Greenville, Pennsylvania, who is one hundred and fourteen years old. That's from ABC News. Wow, that's the story, that's the headline. We see the most oldest person now dies title to have what's what's like the highest tough title to get harder than to have hard hardest to get. Yeah, but once you get it, you're like, uh, oh, what are you saying? What's the highest? Like I've I've heard one fourteen. I don't believe anything because the oldest person ever recorded was one twenty two. I think in the world, yes, but I don't believe anything not American, right, you never know of it because who who the crap knows? Even like the Little League World Series, they got kids we can't verify at thirteen, and they're showing up when they're like sixteen or seventeen, and that's in the past twenty years. So if we look up the oldest people ever, like if you'l looked that up for me ever were just American. The oldest person ever recorded was Genie Kalmant, a French woman who lived be one twenty two and one hundred and sixty four days old. Yeah. I feel like there are some less I would say more third world type countries where they don't keep records that they claim people are like one thirty or one four. Yeah, because they don't know. They just count the suns.
Speaker 4: It's like our dogs, we don't really know, Like they're like, we think he's the dog's probably around like nine years old, but they don't know.
Speaker 2: You mean, if you adopted it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like my dog, we adopted her. They told us she's probably around four.
Speaker 2: I think these are the hundred one hundred oldest known Americans Americans, I believe, Yes. In Europe, I think I'm gonna believe too. That French lady one twenty two, I think I'm gonna I think I'm gonna go with that. France seems like kind of trustworthy developed to develop country. The oldest American woman ever was Sarah Noss. She died in nineteen ninety nine at one hundred and nineteen years old.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Maria Bryn Joss of California died at one hundred and seventeen and twenty twenty four. Theyde hundred svent hundred sixty undred vteen under SIXE hundred sixteen. How old was lady just died one fifteen fifteen, So overall in America she had at one, two, three, four or five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen fourteen. Keep going fifteen sixteen seventeen, she'd have been like eighteenth or nineteenth overall ranked all time American all time American oldest, she's like top twenty all time. Shout out to her homeowners come home to find a stranger napping on their couch. Some NASAs, Virginia residents are weirded out but unhurt after finding a stranger sleeping on their couch. Police responded to a house was like, hey, we got a problem here, and they detained Yanya Torres, who was found with drugs on him. Nothing was taken from the home. He was confused about where he was napping. He was charged with burglary, drug possession of public intos from Fox five DC. He's lucky they didn't take a bat to him, yep, or wake him up, and then when he freaked out, they freaked out back and shot him. Because I don't know that I would have showed up at the house with someone I don't know sleeping on my couch and then everybody else in the house knows, like I would ask my wife, what's up?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Is this your friend? First, Oh, we have a lot of questions, ask if it is your friend because I never met him and wide sleep on the couch. Secondly, you don't know him. All right, here goes. We call nine one one first, and then we wait and if he wakes up, it's showtime and I don't know what showtime means, so we just watch and if he wakes up, something's about to happen, because that's really scary because you don't know what they're gonna do. Tom Brady went into the wrong house. Remember that story Tom Brady, Yeah, when Tampa drafted him. We may want to look this up. Tom Brady walked into the wrong house with a bunch of bags, thinking that was the house that he was staying in. Oh, and the guy was like, you're in the wrong house, but you're Tom Brady basically, so that's okay. Brady, the new quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, was visiting the home of Byron Leftwich, who was the offensive coordinator at the time. He mistakenly entered the home of left which's neighbor David Kramer. Instead, his house looks very similar, and Kramer had left his door unlocked because he was selling his home. Brady walked in without knocking, carrying Duffel bags and dropped him on the floor. Brady realized he was in the wrong house, apologized, and quickly left with a smile. Kramer said he was surprised and didn't think he'd ever seen someone leave a house so fast. The incident was widely reported. The Internet joked at Brady was now officially a Florida man. Kramer said the incident helped sell his house that he still cheers on Brady and the Buccaneers. We could have lost Tom Brady. Of course he didn't know. Wow, that's a funny one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that happened to my buddy, Like he told me the story like a year ago that he had same thing. Accidently left his front door unlocked. He was in bed, they were all sleeping, and he heard something downstairs, and so his wife's like, oh, go check it.
Speaker 2: And he was a cop.
Speaker 4: He was an next cop, and so he got his gun, walked downstairs. There's a guy sleeping on the couch. All his bags were right like right around the couch and he woke him up with like with a gun right to his face, like get up, don't move your hands, and you're gonna walk out of my house.
Speaker 2: Gary for everybody, Yes, And the guy was like, look, look, look man, I'm sorry. Look, I'm here for a bachelor party. Like this is the address they gave me. I'm assuming everyone's asleep or they were out, like sucks for everybody, and it was their neighbor's house. He was supposed to be at their neighbor's house. Did they give him the wrong address or did he go in the wrong house? Both are in accidental. What do you think happened? I think he just went to the wrong house. God, I could have ended so bad.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: One of my friends, Ben Rector, the singer, he was like, hey, uh, I don't I don't why. We're going over his house to drop something off. And his house and his neighbor's house looked a lot alike. And we pulled up and there was a lady we didn't know in his house and we're flashing and we're flashing the lights and we went to we didn't go in, but that lady had to think somebody was about to come in to kill hercause we were flashing lights in the window, like who are you hello, Hello, And then she picked up her phone goes, we're not at the right house. So we backed out. Didn't you call Ben and be like, well, we didn't want We got out of the driveway like candle. I think somebody scared. I think we scared somebody. But we had been to his house one hundred times, just not at night. Yeah, it's all different at night. And there were no numbers anywhere. We can't see an numbers anywhere. People are putting apple air tags on their political signs to keep them from being stolen. And this has happened, not even just in the presidential but senate races. This is happening a lot where people from the opposing team we'll call they were going to stealing signs, which, by the way, a sign has never influenced a vote. I wouldn't think so. I don't think you ever drive by a house and you're like, man, I'm a little undecided. Next sign we see in the yard winds Well. There are those people, though, that believe in signs of sign differ kind of sign I think signs mostly they're not to influence votes, but they're mostly too. If you would put a team's banner in front of your house or like a Auburn flag, you're not trying to get people root for Auburn. You're just showing you everybody, this is an Auburn household. Yeah, so it's mostly that more than it is we're trying to convince me, especially on the national level. On the very very local level, I do think there's something to a sign because at least it gets the name out there. And if you have a cold design or a good name, or I would treat signs if I were running for a local office. I only know this because of the research that we've done or that I've seen companies do about artists when they do concerts what they call face teaes. They sell better than non face tease of the artist, meaning you've put a picture the artist on it, people buy it. I put a picture of the candidate, unless you or she's real ugly. I put a picture of the candidate on the sign so people feel like they would have a relationship, and if they don't, like we see a picture of somebody, we feel like we have a relationship with them. So much more than if we just see a name of somebody, like I can picture four or five people's name the trunning for office here just in our town. I don't know what they look like. But isn't that the point though, Like to have their name too when you go in and you don't really know what you're voting for, but oh, I remember Garcia. But the more point would be to have a face so you feel like you know them even more. So you remember the same yeah, but you remember it even more if you saw their face.
Speaker 4: It's just hard to vote on those like city councils, Seat number five. I don't because I don't know don't know who that is, but I have seen Garcia sign, so maybe I'll vote for them.
Speaker 2: And imagine if you saw Garcia's face, Oh, I've really leave an impression. I know who that is, so yeah. Face teas even like logos for podcasts, I've seen research say that if you put the face of the person that's doing the podcast, people will stop on it more because they feel like, oh, this is who is doing it. I'm not just seeing the name of a show. I'm seeing the face of the person doing it, and that engagement is so much higher. When you put the face of the person doing the podcast on it. Now, I say that the bib bon shit does not have a face on it, but the Bobby cast does for that exact reason, and twenty five Whistles does for that exact reason. Because people may find either one of those and be like, I don't know what is this? Okay, he looks like somebody that I want to punch in the face, or like but yeah, I know face, I put my face on a political sign if it were me. But yeah, they're putting Apple air tags on him, which SEMs weird because the apple a attag is worth more than the political sign.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Like if you still at all, and like what are you gonna do? Go show up at the house and like fight somebody. Well, I saw a story where a lady did do that. That's what I'm saying that it's not good for anybody. A woman finds a strange metal rod baked into her pizza. Hut pizza. I want to shout out. This makes me want to go to pizza because it's not a pizza problem. This is like probably just rogue or mess up. I love pizza. It's the best a woman has been left horrified after finding a strange metal object and better than a takeaway she order from Pizza Hut. Amber twenty four showed a photo of the bizarre discovery after discovering it baked into the crust of her Marguerite to pizza. I'm looking at it. It looks like something fell off of a grill. It's not like somebody had something metals, Like, let's really try to choke this person to death, right, Mike, looks like a handled or something. It looks like something fell off somewhere a machine and fell into it and accidentally got baked. The contraption, which is hooked at both ends, covers nearly the entire edge of one slice of pizza. Several commentators pointing out the object was likely attached to the oven fell into the pizza while being cooked. I said that too, I'm a commentator. Yet, despite the horrific health and safety hazard, she didn't receive a refund for her run meal. That's odd. That is odd. Also, there's probably so many people that are showing up going I found this on my I found this little mermaid toy in my pizza. No you didn't, sir, You're right though, all I can think of a restaurant. I'm sure people try to get away their crapple. I mean lunchboxes. I put a hair in it. That's at the restaurant. That's not even like you know you sick. No, just oh god goodness, here, but I did.
Speaker 1: You used to put hairs in the food all the time at school. So I get another lunch.
Speaker 2: You just coughed and like, and you just try to sidetrack us with a story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a little fli in my throat, a little big. It's been the same thing since A been bug battling. It's been like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Man as a battle, it's a royal rumble.
Speaker 1: Little allergies up in there.
Speaker 2: A roller coaster halts mid air. Oh no, as terrified passengers are forced to climb down on foot. Oh.
Speaker 4: I think I saw it on TikTok. I think there was video of this. People walking down the roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Were they strapped while walking down? Did they get some harnesses up for them? I don't know. It's scary anyway, Oh my god, I'm watching it right now. They are not harnessed, and they're walking. They're walking down. They're holding onto the side rail, but there's one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight of them. Now, oh my god, there's like twenty five of them. Yeah, they look like ants and it's a big circular thing. Imagine like a real circular staircase, but imagine that's a roller coaster and they're having to walk down. Oh my god. But that's not bad. The bad ones are when they're stuck upside down. Oh no, this is But those they don't. They just stay and that sucks. Physically, I'm saying, to have to walk down this scary where anybody could fall off, that sucks. Yeah, being held upside down is really that'd be terrible. You still into roller coasters? Like what do you mean into them? Like would you go on a roller coaster? Now? Like at your age you still have sex roller coasters? Man, I stopped that four years ago and did the documentary. Not what I meant crush. I've never been in I've never been into them, But like I like roller We went on a roller coaster. I like roller coaster. You've never been into roller coasters, that's one thing to add. No, even like as a fan, even like somebody who liked roller coasters, I've never been passionate about roller coaster. But some people are like, Oh, I'm going to six Flags again, ride all the roller coast. But you said, are you still into roller coaster? You're right, okay, would you still ride a roller absolutely for sure. Okay, I haven't been hurt on one yet, so yes, like if I guess one jerked my neck pretty bad. And like, because I'm obviously getting older, I'm not twenty five. Yeah, but I'm not into Rust's just ad.
Speaker 1: It was weird how you said it.
Speaker 2: It was a weird way to say why you're not into them anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just that when we like travel places and there's like an amusement park, my kids always want to go, always want to go to a roller coaster, and I'm always just like you guys go like I can. I don't really want because I never used to get nauseous now on a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: That's a great point. I'm thinking the last time I even rode one though, because I'm not anti but I haven't even been to a place I don't think to ride one. Like when would I go to a theme park?
Speaker 6: You don't get na on roller coasters?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm I've been on one a long time, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Didn't you go to like a in Missouri somewhere like A, Yeah, you just went to an amusement park like last year.
Speaker 2: Last year you talked about it, Keep going, You and Caitlyn went to one. Keep going because I do not remember this.
Speaker 6: You guys don't remember talking Like I was gonna say, Disney would have been the last one.
Speaker 2: I feel like, no, didn't write anything crazy. Disney doesn't have at least they had nothing crazy. They got good stuff.
Speaker 6: Have some roller coasters, but they're not wild roller coasters like like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have a tron one now. So I got on one of those things. There's a big screen and you ride the thing and they're like virtual scrap what Eddie. I'm still waiting on what.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I want to say.
Speaker 4: It was somewhere in Middle America, like you guys went and you came back talking about how like it was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He went to Missouri, Missouri. Missouri has a part some kind of the guy that.
Speaker 1: Owns Bass pro Shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's no theme part Silver City Dollars Dollars. Okay, so we did go to Silver Dollars City. Goodye I forgot we even went, but they don't. They didn't have crazy roller coasters. They had like a ride that was closing and you get in it because it had gone for like fifty years, not because it's broken her, but it wasn't. It was fire in the hole. And that was a roller coaster. I don't know you call it coaster. It was a ride. It was a ride, and in it there's a lot of stuff happening, but it's so old, like imagine a mild roller coaster fifty years ago. So mostly it was for because she had been on it as a kid. So we did that. So I'm not crazy they have a new one. They built a new one, I think so. I remember you talking about how cool Silver Dollar City was. Silver Dollars City was cool. Yes, it's cool. And where where it's like a walk around Branson? Okay, Brandon near Branson? Yeah, thanks a bunch of blocks, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, But no, I didn't ride a roller coaster. I'm trying to think the last time I rode a one. We went. We rode the New York New York one probably like man, that was probably over ten years ago. Vegas, remember that. Yeah, I think we stalled the picture walk to the top of the hotel.
Speaker 1: You wrote when you went this last time I did.
Speaker 2: With my son again one of those like where like, I'm not gonna do this. He's like, come on, dad, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Went on one in what May. I went to Dollywood. I rode a roller coaster the first time in years. It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Dollywood is awesome, dude, Dollywood is growsome. Right, I've never been got you guys should go well, I mean, I don't know, we have kids.
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I thought, Okay, this is gonna be a little you know what is this place? Like everybody talks about in Tollywood. They're gonna have a couple of rides. It is fantastic. And they have legit rides. That was legit. It was great.
Speaker 2: Not they don't have legit rides. They have a love Jit. I'm if it's legit, I'm me in. Let's take him Meta roll here Raymundo. All right, a couple other things. Let's do some boy smails. Let's go to Steve from Saint Louis number one.
Speaker 3: First of all, I love the show. Second question, I'm hoping you can answer the subtle a dispute between myself and my wife. So what are go to play a concert? Does the venue pay them to come play at that venue? Or do the artist get the ticket sales from that venue? Pase help us solve that dispute. Neither one of us know the correct answer. Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna like to hear this, but you're both wrong. Now, there are the occasional version where both of those things happen. But if it's a if it's a venue where it's a known artist, what happens is a promoter. In this case, I'm gonna say Eddie is the promoter and I'm the artist. Eddie the promoter puts on shows all the time. So I go, hey, I put a note out. I'm touring and I'm nationally send a note to all the promoters around the country. And Boots, I live in like McCallum, it doesn't matter. Oh, it doesn't matter where you live. And so all Eddie's going to do is go, Okay, this guy here can sell ten thousand tickets, we're gonna we're gonna give him a guarantee of five dollars to play the show. And like most of my deals are like eighty five fifteen, meaning if it sells over eighty five percent capacity, the last fifteen percent is then a profit share, so that that is the bonus for like a sellout, So I'll make my five dollars, and the goal of the promoter is to make more than five dollars from all ticket sales. There's always some relationship with alcohol. Sometimes there's parking. Sometimes there's merche because we as an artist, like if we do merch, we have to cut in the venue or the promoter. But mostly it's the guarantee that the promoter pays the talent in the contract. So as soon as it's on the contract six months out, you get like half the fee, then the second half once the show is over. But it's all based on a guarantee the promoter says you're going to get. The promoter is then on the hook to sell enough tickets to make more than the guarantee that he's already paid the artist. Now, if it is a very very small place where just an artist like I'm gonna play and there's like sixty people, or it's a bar, that could be like money at the door, but like concerts that you're going to where buy tickets, it's a promoter so the promoter is the one that buys the billboards, like if it's if it's not selling, or even if it or pre sell, or if it's when they're about to announce a sell. So it doesn't always have to be if it's not selling or there's at times in contracts it doesn't matter how it's selling. You're going to promote it A, B and C ways like that's agreed upon as well ahead of time, so it doesn't always have to be if it's not selling. But both of you can feel like you're not wrong because both of you are wrong the other one's wrong, right. So yeah, the venue doesn't the venue is bought by the promoter. Oh, the promoter part of his fee is like okay, I'm gonna rent the venue for a dollar. Does he have to do all this in advance? Everything?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I mean it's all it's all contractual, so it doesn't matter if it's advanced or not, like it's even if it's I mean, I guess you could not do it in advance, but then your suit if you don't pay it. Yeah, but it's all communicated and official in advance. That's how it works. A promoter is the middle man who does it. Occasionally it's done differently, but for the most part it's not. That's generally how it works. It's a good breakdown. I hope I said that in a way that made sense. Let's go to Melissa ray Cole number three.
Speaker 5: Call and say that I love the show.
Speaker 6: I had a really awful day to day, but I turned on my Spotify and you were the person that popped up.
Speaker 3: So that's going to cheer me up.
Speaker 2: I love for you, all of you.
Speaker 1: Guys, love what you do.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, appreciate that. Another thing that can happen is a promoter can buy a whole tour. So oh yeah, and that happens a lot with like a Live Nation or the Big I mean that's a promoter, right, it's a big so they can go, Dan and Shay, you're gonna do twenty shows for us, these twenty venues. We're going to give you eighty dollars. And when you do the math and you break it all down, and because again they don't pay for any promoter venue, nothing pays for anything. That's the money you get. And you have to make sure that you can pay for all your lights and amps, that you bring along your bus. Yeah, they don't pay for any of that food, everything. They just give you that up front. If it makes sense, then you take that deal. And that happens a lot of times as big artists, like I'll do if I'm touring to a stand up I'll do four or five shows with a regional promoter and do four or five shows with a different regional promoter. I don't ever do any national stuff because I'm not big enough to do the national stuff. But I can do like in the Midwest and like Saint Louis, you know, to other parts of Missouri, Northwest Arkansas. I can work with one promoter because they generally have that area. But yeah, that's kind of how works. Give me Leah from Pennsylvania. I was sitting behind a clard red light light Ungrey, but where I'm going.
Speaker 3: So I did a little phoebe see Sunder's finger out the window and slipped me off and then proceeded to flip me off driving down the road. I wasn't being aggressive, I wasn't being angry. I even waist back like, hey.
Speaker 2: Just one of the you know it's time to go. We're still driving and they're.
Speaker 3: Hands are out the wine?
Speaker 5: Who's flipping me off?
Speaker 1: I didn't do the aggressive look.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to be friendly. What's wrong with people? Some people just hear a honk and they get mad. I wish there were two horns, a little horn for angry, little horn for nice, little horn for I'm looking out for you. I know you're on your phone. You're now it's green, so go. But yeah, if you hank it some people and they're I think most people. If you just get honked out, your initial reactions, why what?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 2: And so I'd never flipped anybody off, So the flipping off thing is odd, at least for me. But today, driving in oh no, what happened? No, coming into work, I saw a person make three massive driving mistakes. First of all, anybody that has like a dent there in their bumper, a windshield that's missing, scratches all down the side of their car. No one has a windshield missing the front Oh no, no, the side wind she can be missing. They have like all the side. Yeah, whatever it is the windshield, back windshield counts, that's a wind chill. No windshield is the front window? What do you call the back? What do you call the bat. It's just a rear window. It's just the window in the back.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know it's called a windshield because you're going in the wind and it's it's like it's made a different stuff too.
Speaker 2: It won't it won't bring. I would think the back windshield is called a windshield too. I could be wrong.
Speaker 6: It's called rear window, rear windshield, or rear glass.
Speaker 2: So real rear windshield, thank you? Yeah, yeah, take that back all right. I was willing to walk back mine. I've got a windshield is the front, but you could when you're going in reverse, what is it doing? How faster? It's still shielding the wind. Okay, So my point is if you see somebody would like a trash bag over the rear windshield. And again, we all make mistakes, and I watch out for them because they've made a lot of mistakes and they have no regard for themselves or others and their car. They just run through like it's crash up derby. I saw a car today, the same car, first of all, did not go and light turn green. I'm not gonna judge anybody for that because they may have been looking at their phone. I try to look at my phone. But when they saw it was green, I did not hawk at them. They like slammed the gas and like like jerked themselves because they were like, oh God, un to get out of you. And I was like, that's interesting. Then I saw them cut a to the middle lane to probably a little too early where there were still cars that could use the middle lane to go the other direction, and almost hit somebody head on, same car, same car doing the second thing. So I then had to go and I was going the same way like I was following that car's route to get to work this morning. I almost had on collision after they missed the green light, and I'm like, oh, this is trouble. At number two, I was like, this is trouble. At number three, we're by the building and there is a part where when you turn into the road that drives up the ramp into this building, the lane turns into parking on the side of the street. The car did not realize that the lane turned into parking, so the car the light turns and starts to go and then almost nails the car that's just parked on the side of the road and to go and swerves and almost nails a car. I saw all this in like six minutes. If that car made it to wherever they were getting safely today, God bless them. I don't know how in six minutes, saw three massive mistakes. And I don't think of because they were drunk, because they weren't driving wobbly. They were just making bad decisions. But they also had a dent in their bumper. And that's what you gotta watch out for.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: It's like if see somebody, uh with black eye, big dude and black eyes and bruises on his neck and face, like he's probably gonna fight. Yeah, probably, Like, don't don't get into it. That dude at the game, he's probably gonna fight. You're right.
Speaker 4: Anytime I get cut off sometimes, like I look at the car, I'm like, look, there's a there's a dent right where they would have hit me if I wouldn't have slowed down. Like that's just the kind of person they are.
Speaker 1: But it is stupid that we have a lane you can drive in and then all of a sudden it just turns into parking.
Speaker 2: That is kind of dumb.
Speaker 1: It's so dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you understand what he's saying. So but what if they just never would have put a lane there and it was all parking.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: They're actually get no because there's some of the roads where people don't drive as much on these roads, which is why they limit the lanes. Right, It's all about traffic, so massive amounts of traffic, more lanes. When they feel like that, will feel like they can have cameras. They know that lesser amount of people go and use these roads, they than to turn those into parking. But you know, it's unfortunate if you're not paying attention. But that's also why there are traffic lights there and signs that says there's parking, and signs that's say heads up. I mean, this is embarrassing. But one time I did, like think that I was in traffic. I think we've all done that. Sometimes I realized there's no one in that car. It's a park car. I mean, I've almost run up on a car before, but like, oh god, I didn't know where I was. Don't be embarrassing. We've all done something like that. But I saw the car do three things within six minutes. All right, let me see, I thought you were gonna say, and it was amy, but it wasn't. I guess no, she's not here to defend herself, so I wouldn't do that, uh say, if there was anything else that, I don't have anything else that I need to do, Like on my list, I've done all my check marks for post show Morgan, what's happening with you? Generally?
Speaker 6: Generally? I mean, you know, just living it up over here, trying to go out do.
Speaker 2: A bunch of things, you know, pretty general, he said words, Well, you said generally, So I how's how's the podcast coming? The podcast is.
Speaker 6: Going really well. I just had Judah from Judah and the Lion on and that was really cool.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't know what you talked about, but I'm assuming there's some mental health talk there.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So, because their new album, The Process, is all about the Five Stages of Grief, I did a grief episode and brought him on to talk about like why they created that album and what stories inspired them to write an album.
Speaker 2: All about grief? Did is that episode out or do you just do it?
Speaker 6: Nope, it's out.
Speaker 2: It's out this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was this one with a psychotherapist was the expert in the first half.
Speaker 6: And then he came on.
Speaker 2: So I check out Morgan's podcast.
Speaker 6: It is called Take This Personally.
Speaker 2: Now that your real name is out there to people, like, are they do you worry about that?
Speaker 6: I mean a little bit. I definitely have some interesting people reaching out to me different ways that didn't before.
Speaker 2: How's that they're.
Speaker 5: Finding my email or different my phone number somehow is getting out there, which I've tried to figure out where that's coming from, and I can't seem to find that. So I think having the last name allows them to look up things, so that sucks. Yeah, But I mean also like it's my name, so like, how do you how do you not?
Speaker 2: That's true? Eddie has a very generic name, which is kind of cool. Oh you searched me, and there are hundreds of us out there, thousands even probably yeah, even like Mike and his because you know, when they did the CMA, they put everybody real name except for mine, which is hilarious. They put everybody real name except for mine, like they like deep Dove and found people's real names. It doesn't matter, Like we don't hide from it. And my wife uses our real name. She's not gonna be Kaitlin Bones because she was like I would not be I wum not use a fake name. I'm not that, but like, Mike's name is a pretty generic name for a Hispanic man, so generic that there are people that have been arrested with that same name that will keep them out of places. Like we were in Canada because our show is in some Canadian places, and they like him in the airport in Toronto, right, Yeah, for like an hour, I couldn't do anything, even like getting on the American Idol lot. They were like, nope, can't let you in. We don't know what the guy did. Mike Mike, Yeah, but I'm but his name is so common that I'm sure a lot of guys his name did bad stuff. Why can't we celebrate to people whose name did ay good stuf?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: And he show up me like, oh you're him, here's a reward. Never happens. It happens to my dad too, trying to get back from Mexico and they actually told him that the guy they were looking for is wanted for murder. So with your dad's name. Yeah, so we both have very common Mexican names. I got sued one that's terrifying. It wasn't me, It wasn't for me. But I got served.
Speaker 4: What did what did the papers say that I I'm a taxi driver and I was involved in a hit and run? Oh the person that guy hit issuing me?
Speaker 2: And it's crazy. I was living with my You have to go, oh were you were?
Speaker 3: You kid?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was nineteen eighteen, but an adult? An adult? Yeah? Did you have to go and formally say I'm not this person? Or did you just just not show up?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: I let them know, Like whoever was doing the lawsuit, I'm like, hey, that's that's not me, the person who served you. No, no, no, no, like the whatever the law firm that was on the paper. So you called him, yeah, like, hey, that's not me. Whoever you're looking for, definitely not me.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox's dad, Yeah, that was sad.
Speaker 1: He got called by the news one day saying, hey, you're still playing on me in Santa Claus. He's like, what you like with these new allegations.
Speaker 2: Of new allegation, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Of I don't even know if it was, yeah, a relationship with a child, touching a child, I don't know. But he was like, I've never been Santa and you turn on the five o'clock news.
Speaker 2: He didn't say he's never been with a kid. He goes.
Speaker 1: He was like, then you got the wrong guy, and they turned on the five o'clock news and boom, there was a story about guy the same name was Sanna in the past and.
Speaker 2: That sucks because it's like, like your name is super common.
Speaker 1: No, it was so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a weird one. Okay, I think we're good to go here. There's a new episode of twenty five Whistles up today as well. We had coach Brett belem On from Illinois, who's they're playing Oregon this weekend. Yeah. Yeah, huge game and he's awesome, and he was, you know, talking to me about having kids. Yeah, it was pretty funny, funny. Uh yeah. So you guys have a great weekend and we will see you on Monday. All right, bye everybody,