Speaker 1: Cut booms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a sol fastion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow, it's the clearing house of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller and special guest pod star my man Alex the Vegan. I call you, I should probably call you by your full name, right, I should probably do no preference Ben, Alex Vegan. Do I mispronounce it's Alex tyshert Am I saying that properly. Yeah, Alex Teischert is his name. He's been with us before. I think Alex is a rock here at Fox Sports Radio. He is the all star engineer, the most valuable man who I'm shocked is still at the company because I thought you were going to leave a couple of years ago. But you run the Jason Smith Show and the Rob Parker Odd Couple Show. Yes, those are your two shows.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun.
Speaker 1: And you're a podcaster, as we talked about a little bit yesterday. You do several podcasts. You very big in the anime world, and you're still big in the anime world. Is that still a passion of yours?
Speaker 3: So still passionate. I've just kind of dwindled back on watching it as much because it's getting too popular out here and it's just getting kind of like a cesspool like Superheroes. I stopped watching that too because so many people are on it, but still hosting events. Still am seeing, still doing the podcast, but Shallow Oceans has been my forte lately.
Speaker 1: Ben. That sounds like an old Yogi bearra quote that piece of place is so popular nobody goes there. Yes, like's if it's popular, you want to go away from the mob. I respect that. I respect that you want to go away from the mob. Thank you don't why everyone's there. And I'm the same way. Like my wife, who you've met, and we fung out together, and we need to do that again.
Speaker 4: By the way, we have to have another event we can all get together.
Speaker 1: So my wife when she sees a crowd of people, she's like, oh, that must be a really good place. We've got to go there.
Speaker 4: When I see a crowd of people, I'm like, I don't want anything. Yes, I don't want to run away from that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to wait online. I did that when I was younger. I got that out of my system. I'm good, Yes, I am okay. It's just it's the truth, though. Ben.
Speaker 3: If everybody's going there, sure it might be great. But I'm gonna find the hole in the wall mom and pop spot that nobody's eating at that's even better. That's like my sign. I'm not going to wait an hour for freaking Ramen or something. I'm going the other way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And we have a tradition we started a couple of weeks back on the podcast where we celebrate dope Holidays. Today is the ninth day of March. It is one are the dope holidays today? What are the ones that stand out? It's National Barbie Day. It's a very important day. National Barbie.
Speaker 4: Yes, International Little fanny Pack Day.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I love the fannies now, the fanny pack.
Speaker 4: When I was young, people that was a go to. You had the fanny pack. Go to like Disneyland, you'd have the fanny pack.
Speaker 1: My mom and dad would have the fanny pack, and then it became a thing where you were goofed on if you were a fanny pack. But I get the sense it's kind of come back recently where people don't get his goof done.
Speaker 4: I'm wrong on that, and is that a bad take by me?
Speaker 1: Ax? No, We're okay with the fanny pack. Now.
Speaker 4: They are back, not necessarily in style, but it's kind of back.
Speaker 3: It's acceptable now. Like I've been to a lot of events where I go to these anime things or just get togethers with friends, are out in public and it's more like of a fashion statement. Now people wear him and put all these goodies inside of him, and more so guys than girls too, Ben, which is actually really funny.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw the the What is the other? It's not a fanny pack. It's like a shoulder pack? Like is that what it's called? A statue? Okay?
Speaker 3: Those are a satchel, guy, I have a satchel. Actually, yeah, some of you you're a fan of the sack kind of feels like Indianda Jones. Even I'm not going anywhere, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, did you wear a hat like Indy?
Speaker 3: I wish I did. I wish I would pull that off. Then I got the hair. You should do it, man, you should totally do it for an nextide dinner day, and I'll wear it. Why not.
Speaker 1: Okay, you gotta dress up, you gotta have put the Fedora Ondiana Jones had or whatever. It's a National dishwasher dayDay. Hey, don't discount the dishwasher that's never used one psa PSA. The dishwasher is merely the final step I dish I am the dishwasher. Nobody else has that take. By the way, I'm the dishwasher at the mallor mansion. So my move is and I I took over the dishwashing your duties. When we first got married, me and the the wife the family here, I would look occasionally a dishwasher. My wife would do the dishes, and there would be like peas and pieces of macaroni and all this disgusting food at the bottom of the dishwasher. What as my wife would just put everything in the dishwasher without washing the stuff off right, and so it would just collect at the bottom of the dishwasher. It was disgusting. So I saw, this is my job, and so I've become a really good that's a fallback if the radio thing doesn't work out, the podcasting thing. I'll become a dishwasher because I'm really good at washing them and then I, you know, I put them in there and it just kind of desterilizes them as though it sterilizes them or whatever the term is. That's what the dishwasher does. Also, this relates to something we talked about yesterday. It's National get Over It.
Speaker 3: Then yes today.
Speaker 1: On Saturday here National get Over Day. So whatever's weighing you down, just get over it, dude.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Just get over let it go.
Speaker 3: You don't have a hot take about dishes, by the way, Ben.
Speaker 1: Do I have a hot take about dishwall? I have one for you? You have one?
Speaker 3: Oh good? Okay, I like I like to say this. So you're somebody who loves to cook. Now, I always enjoy all of your baking videos, any new items you make, because your thing, which I love. As you say, if somebody else can make it, so let's say raising canes, right, you're like, rather than pay for it, I'll just make my own raisin canes, which I love that you do. So now tell me if this is a hot take or not. I'm somebody when I make dinner. So let's say I make a veggie pasta in chiladas, maybe some homemade bread some Macedonian tradition, dish is like piza or some baklava. When I make my food, bend. This may sound crazy. I don't touch it, eat it anything until I wash all the dishes first.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's is that OCD? Is that?
Speaker 4: The term for that is.
Speaker 3: I just don't like letting those sit because then it's harder to wash. And then it's also after I've eaten and enjoyed this magnificent meal I spent hours making, I gotta go clean. No no, no no, We'll let it sit and warm. I'll clean for ten minutes and then enjoy the food and some wine. I feel like it's better.
Speaker 1: But the the food gets a little colder, doesn't ask.
Speaker 3: I just turned the conventional even on three p fifty. Let's sit in there for a little bits. Perfection gets a little crispy, you know, all right, it's like a fine tune thing.
Speaker 1: I've got whatever whatever floats your both. I what I'll do is, after I eat the meal, I'll just rinse everything off and then I'll come back and I'll finish up the dishes latch. But I do not I do not like to go to bed with a sink full edition. I have no respect for those people. Ben, no respect. Can't do it. You got to get that done. That's a box that needs to be checked. Yes, every day. And if I don't, and occasionally I'll be away working somewhere and I'll come home and the sink will be filled with the dishes. Oh, I just start, Oh my god, what a freaking nightmare.
Speaker 3: I know we're World War three starting? If you who could.
Speaker 1: Possibly do this? Who could? Who?
Speaker 4: This is terrible?
Speaker 1: Who could ever do this? Now? I love people that listen to this podcast know that I have. We don't often talk sports on this podcast. We don't do sporty. We do that for the radio show. This is just a podcast about life and us behind the scenes and whatnot. And I was driving back from Vegas. Talked about that the other day, and we're driving through the deserts of Nevada and California, and there was a big wind storm last weekend in Vegas. It was historical, really had had wins like that in forty years. A bunch of planes got delayed and canceled a bunch of flights out of Vegas. The is it Harry Reid Airport? I think they changed the name of a couple years Harry Read Airport. So a bunch of flights got canceled.
Speaker 4: We're driving back and I'm the driver, you know, going through the.
Speaker 1: Desert towns, Baker, Barstow, prim all that in Victorville, and there's just an s load of tumbleweeds And so then I fell down a spider hole of where did these things come from? The tumbleweed?
Speaker 4: Did you ever ever done this? You know the history of the tumbleweeds?
Speaker 1: Why would you? Who would be so stupid erotic to look up tumbleweeds and westerns exactly right, Western movies and you know there's songs about tumbleweed country Western songs and it is a quintessential piece of American culture in the western part of the United States. Tumbleweed.
Speaker 4: But what is the where do they come from? You don't see them growing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen a field of tumbleweeds?
Speaker 3: No? Is that a job? Can I do that?
Speaker 1: Well? Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: What if I told you that the tumbleweed are Russian invaders?
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, yeah, yeah, that's right. That is a that is a Russian creation. The tumbleweed. Expand that expand, let me expand, all right, So I fell down this rabbit hole. And in American history eighteen hundreds, around eighteen sixty five to eighteen seventy five, somewhere in that ten year period, okay, there were there was something. This is in South Dakota. Right. So there was a shipment that arrived to a town called Scotland, South Dakota, and it was a batch of flaxeed that was imported from Russia. Wow, okay, all right, so's they got this shipment of flat Okay, fine, It's imagine how long that must have taken by boat and by horse to get to South Dakota. So it gets there, and in the batch of flax seed were some seeds for the tumbleweeds. No, and within fifteen years the tumblewee we called, we called the tumble it was actually called the Russian thistle, I believe it's. Yeah, it started out in South Dakota. He had rolled all over both Canada and all the way to California, and it's all over and people, you know the stories about tumbleweeds. People have been overwhelmed ranchers. Yes, I saw cars driving through Vegas and out of Vegas that were covered with tumbleweeds, massive tumbleweeds. And it all started with one shipment of flax seed from Russia to South Dakota.
Speaker 3: While that's incredible, that is crazy. So it's all to blame for flax seeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: I wonder I don't put them in my smoothie. Ben. It makes sense.
Speaker 1: Those evil Russians, those evil Russians and their flax seed, they just wanted to tumble us. Look at them, I dare them. I do have a I have a phrase of the week, A phrase of the week. I like to also learn about random phrases. Alex, the Veganka and the phrase this week. I actually used this on the Overnight Show this week. We were talking about I think we're talking about the Buffalo Bills and they had released the number of players and I was explaining. The analogy I was using was that the Bill signed their quarterback, this guy Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: You probably don't know about because you're.
Speaker 1: Not the sports guy, which I love about you. Ve So he was He's a big quarterback. And the bills paid him a lot of money a couple years ago, and so when you pay a guy a lot of money, you got to get rid of some other guys. Eventually, it's yes, I said that, you know, we've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, the other shoe drop. So then I was like, where did the hell did that come from?
Speaker 4: Like that phrase waiting for the other shoe to drop?
Speaker 1: So then I started doing a little search, and I fell down a different path. And so I'm always interested in how these phrases, this lingo comes into society. I don't know if people use that. I use it, I don't know if other people use it. I think a lot of people, do you plenty Yeah, yeah, exactly right. It's kind of a standard term. So waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Speaker 4: It goes back.
Speaker 1: It's actually an American term the way it's used, and it goes back to the late eighteen hundred's early nineteen hundreds, wow, And it began as a common expression in New York City the massive skyscrapers that were going up those apartment buildings in New York City, and during the manufacturing boom of the late nineteen century the earliest twentieth century, they would build these massive apartment buildings so people could live in the city and go to work and all that stuff. Okay, And the apartments were all pretty similar, with the bedrooms located directly above and underneath one another. So the layout of each apartment was the same, right, bathroom, bathroom, whatever. Each floor is the same. So it was normal when you would hear above you, your neighbor would take their shoe off in the apartment, and you'd hear the sound of the shoe hitting the floor. They'd be sitting on their bed or whatever their chair the sofa put. They toss the shoe down, and so the you were just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Funny for them to take the other shoe. O, yeah, I get it. Awesome, Yeah, that's cool, right, I like that.
Speaker 3: Actually wild from a simple person below somebody else in New York turned into a whole thing of saying, oh, do you think that's it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. That's so funny.
Speaker 1: You ever lived in an apartment building? Have you ever had no? Actually not no, you're a young guy. Would you ever do that or would you always want to live in a house.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm actually very open to it. I wouldn't be against it as long as it's not in the city. Ben not a city guy personally.
Speaker 1: Well, I lived in apartments in the city. I lived in this massive complex. I wonder if you know about it, Park Lebrea. Do you know what Park lebra is in midtown LA?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Park Lebrea is this massive old school apartment complex in Los Angeles, which is right across from this place called the Grove. Okay, yes, okay, the Grove. So there's a it's like a kind of a touristy place, the farmers' markets. There. There's a CBS television studio where they did the price is right. I think they still do. Maybe not CBS Television City is not there, but there's a different studio that is there. So anyway, I lived right across from there. I lived in an apartment for about ten or twelve years, had an apartment. I know a couple of different apartments, and there's it's so different than living in a house because the smells people are cooking around dinner time, yes, and you can smell all the different foods that people are making. I remember I had a couple that lived below me that made a great Italian food and I'd smell the pastas and the different sauces and it was we really smelled good. And there there was an Asian family that would make just it just smelled amazing.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what the hell it was, but it just sounds great. It smelled great. So there's that. And then there's always that one person that leaves their music on.
Speaker 1: Too lass it's a king of the douches, yes, and so you have that and you got to deal with that and all, and that's kind of a pain, a pain in.
Speaker 3: The behind, right And yeah, what would you say, though, Ben, out of like all the foods, because I know you're such a worldly guy too, do you have a type of culture food you like the best?
Speaker 1: Well? Living in California here, which is essentially just Mexico, I love Mexican food, well made, and we have we have a we have better Mexican food here there in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: It's insane. I just love it. So say that. And then I love Italian food as well. I pretty much love food. I don't much like you. I do not eat that much, so when I eat, I want to enjoy my meal because we are both part of the cult. Yes, of intimute fasting. I'm actually fasting right now. Well I'm fasting too, let's go see. Yeah, but we have this conversation. I think we've talked about this before on the podcast. But I see. I always love seeing Alex when I'm coming in and he's leaving, because you're always happy. You're always smiling. Yes, probably because you're about to leave, but you're always in a good mood. Some people in that building are not always in a good mood. Sometimes I'm not in a good movie. Bad days. And so you're you've been trying to get me to do a seven day fast? Yes, And how many of these things have you done?
Speaker 3: So? I've done about four or five sevens and I think I'm about to do a fourteen, if not twenty day right now.
Speaker 1: So this is onie like stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you've told me that I need to do seven Yes. And what do I tell you when you bring up this seven day fast? What do I always tell you?
Speaker 3: You always say if I wasn't married, Yeah, exactly, because.
Speaker 1: At some point within a week, I'm going to have to go out to have a nice deal with my wife, and if I don't eat, she'll throw food at me. So it is probably now my I'm going to go to my I'm gonna go to my. Do you have a fasting app that you use?
Speaker 3: No? I just go in my head with the time. Yeah, oh don't you Just.
Speaker 1: Get the apps are free and then you can see it's like your your wall of fame. Okay, so.
Speaker 4: I will I'm gonna alyst send you this right now.
Speaker 3: Because I usually just go off of like the last meal. So for example, was Monday at five, I made a smoothie here and that was the last thing I had.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, So what I do is, I'm you know, I'm too cheap to pay for these apps, but I you know, keep track of how many fast you've had. Currently, I've had one thousand and one and forty six consecutive fast legend, but that is including multiple day fast so that's actually longer than that. Since I started this, michig Os and the last week I have averaged twenty eight hours between meals.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: That's on average. So I usually I skipped I've skipped a couple of days, so it has all the numbers like that. But my longest fast let's go page down here, page down. I think it's still my record is when I had my gold bladder situation and I was in the hospital and I went it was ninety ninety two hours.
Speaker 3: Wow, big old bladder.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, back in the back in the day.
Speaker 1: But I will send you this up because it's pretty please, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I've just been doing it mentally this entire time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might as well. It's free and they do it. These apps do have pay pay things, of course, but you don't need to do that.
Speaker 3: That's how they get you the paywak is.
Speaker 1: You don't have to go down that particular road.
Speaker 3: It's just so funny, too, Ben, because like you always do the three day about right, like you said around.
Speaker 1: I usually, yeah, like I'll eat on a Monday and then all skip Tuesday and all Wednesday and then eat. You know, I'll go like forty eight hours. I've done three days many times as well. Seventy two yes, seventy.
Speaker 3: Five hours something like that, which is so funny because that's when it actually gets easier, is after you pass that seventy two. Once you go to sleep again and wake up, you have so much energy. It's like you basically have ascended outside of your body. It's crazy. That's why I always tell people the first four days is the toughest. After that, you're just coasting.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like that show the first forty eight. Yes, first exactly, first forty eight, and it's it's pretty it's pretty similar to that.
Speaker 4: I'm going to send this to you right now.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do this live while doing the pod.
Speaker 3: Might as well flex on some people, why not? Yeah, show off my standard thing.
Speaker 4: And I do.
Speaker 1: I do. Maybe it's all mental. I think this, this lifestyle, I think is good.
Speaker 3: Oh it is.
Speaker 1: As I've told you before, off the air and maybe even on the pod when you were in with me before I lived a pretty hard life for my body. I was morbidly obese for a number of years. So I feel like maybe I'm making up some of that you are, you know, I'm making up a little bit, you know, kind of closing the gap. Oh, absolutely, get back to zero if you will.
Speaker 3: Well, I've said it this way, Ben, that our superpower is the ability to heal itself, because the body is that incredible. I mean, all you have to do is turn off the car. So I've always made the reference to just doing an oil change, right like any mechanic knows, you can't change the oil if it's number one hot has to stop and settle itself down and two of the car's on, it's impossible. You've got to turn the car off to change the oil, let it drain out properly, fill it up with refresher so the car not only lasts longer, but runs better. And it's the same concept like I tell people all the time, Ben, if you ever do magically, which I don't know, but if you can do that seven day fast and then I don't mean to get kind of descriptive here, but your first bowel movement will shock you as to what comes out of you that's been sitting there. I tell people all the time, he is this a liquid bas No, No, this is solid mucus strands full of things that have just been decaying in your intestinal track that can only come out when you stop eating. It's crazy to me, and I honestly think that is probably mostly the root of all illnesses is because you never get that stuff out, so it just meshes into the lining of your intestine track.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal. We're gonna we'll get together. We'll have a meet and greet somewhere, okay, and the wife, we'll get some other people from work. We'll have a good time, and then you have to pitch to my wife. Will this will create this will give me like an extra year?
Speaker 3: I will do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, all right, well then we're good. Why can happen perfect? That's all we need.
Speaker 3: That's what I would love, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right? What else? Did I saw this story bouncing around this week? And are you you're a TikTok guy? Right? Yes, you're here on there. So there's a bill that could ban TikTok in the US Congress is debating this today.
Speaker 3: All right, Well it was that the other day I think it was Thursday.
Speaker 1: Was yeah, all right, so they've been debating this now. I've heard over the last couple of years that they're collecting everyone's data. They're they're freaking out because it's just my theory though on this has always been like everyone, if you use anything on your iPhone, they're tracking. Right now, I'm being tracked, yep, Like right now people are tracking everything anything you put on your phone is out there. Yes, So if you don't want to have that, just live like the unibomber YEP in a shack in Montana and then you'll be good.
Speaker 3: Thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But see, that's what's funny has been how you were saying that too. They had this whole Congress thing with the guy and they were talking about so you're telling me, if I use tip tac and I go on my WiFi, they'll get my WiFi. And he's like, yeah, that that's the Instagram, Facebook, everything does that. It's not like we're different from anybody else. And they had like this whole weird thing where they were just trying to hypersphixiate on that we're losing American information to Chinese intelligence force and stuff, and it's like, that's not what any of this is. Like, go use Facebook. Look up how Facebook and Instagram had to have a settlement because of how much of your user data they sew all the time. Go look at Wells Fargo, who had to freaking do a settlement because they're selling your information. It's just they don't like the ability and truly ben how it's first person instant accountability and also news outlets. You can see things instantly from people who have no following, and they hate that here. They hate that you can get information easily at any time you want.
Speaker 1: Well, and the most powerful thing is yes information, Yes, tendencies of when you go to the grocery store to.
Speaker 3: Buy milk, or yes, they want your data.
Speaker 1: There's that line that has stuck with me over the years. I think I watched some documentary about social media and it was like, if you're not paying for a product, then you are the product, right, Yes, you are the product. Like social media, Facebook and Instagram and TikTok free they're completely free to the average s moo. But they're selling your information to advertisers and you are what they are selling thousand percent. It's that. And they mix in of course bot cyborg controls, of course, soft puppets.
Speaker 3: We call them feds where it's like CIA agents that make their own profiles. So like discredit anything when it pops up like oh yeah this is fake. Oh I appreciate that. Yeah, yeah, it's crazy. It is one of those things that social media world. Man, they talk about a lot over the years. Yes, it is like the matrix. It is really is.
Speaker 1: You don't know what's real what's not.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, it is absolutely and when you mentioned it too, like I've had such a blossoming ability with it, like hundreds of thousands of followers from my anime side, just starting the shallow ocean side. And it's such a good way to bring people information because it's truly from yourself, Whereas anytime I've used Instagram or Facebook or any of these Zuckerberg's a freaking guy. All of his platforms in American base, they only promote their people. That's my issue with artistry these days with musicians. Big corporations get their artists publicized. That's why you call them plants or anything like. If you're not backed by somebody, you will not get promotion or be able to expand. Really, that's why YouTube and TikTok are the biggest free flooring platforms for creators because it can be built organically. And that's why again these mega corporations hate it because on TikTok too, Ben, I don't know if you really use TikTok, but they have this like TikTok marketplace, which has been taking over. People have been making hundreds of thousands of dollars by just simply making videos with other people's products and getting commissions per sales, and people have been flourishing because of it. And again that's why it's a lot of money untouched and untathered, and they just it's just it keeps showing me they don't like when people truly have the outsource to freedom, if that makes sense, even though we publicize having freedom, it's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if you actually knew how we make the sauce media, like even today, like it's it's all friends of mine that aren't in the business, and they'll be like, oh, yeah, you know, I I don't listen to rate. I listened to podcasts because that's you know, organic, But I would say ninety eight percent of the podcast that have listeners and make money are owned by corporation. Yes, and people don't. They think they're kind of going rogue by listening to podcast and they're not. I actually had a question for you about this, all right, So I read there's this guy named you're into the streaming world, there's a guy named train Wreck. You know who that is. I've never heard of this guy. He claims that he makes twenty five million dollars per month, a is that possible? And be who the hell is he? I don't know who that is. I know a train wreck. I've seen video of train wrecks, but I don't know who train wreck is.
Speaker 3: Who is he? How many videos have you seen a train wrecks Matt?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 1: I just saw his name popped up by I had a story on one of the sites that I scammed for news, and I saw they had a story about this guy claiming he makes twenty five.
Speaker 4: Million dollars and like per month, and I'm like, holy crap.
Speaker 3: Yes, So he's the reason why he's doing so well is because he was originally a Twitch streamer. But there's this new platform that's come out that's called Kick, and it's been basically like the biggest counterpart to Twitch. Because Twitch is the main hub for all streamers, whether you're video gaming or doing podcasting or you're just talking and just interjecting with fans or whatever it is. That's been the biggest thing. So this counterpart that started this new company that's been flourishing is Kick, and he is a co founder of it too, And so their whole premise is that let's say, for example, I do Twitch, streaming for my anime stuff. Right, So say on the Twitch stream you have somebody who does a subscription, so basically they subde your channel, which gives them like additive bonuses, new emoes, they're closer, and they can support you. It's like basically just supporting somebody like and et cetera. So it costs about five dollars. So what Twitch does is they take fifty percent of all of your subs because they're in house company. So say they give again five bucks, you get two fifty. Twitch gets two fifty. And again these bigger streamers, they're getting hundreds of subs per stream, right, so they're half their money is gone. Say they were supposed to make ten grand, they only get five and Twitch gets five, right, so kick, what their thing is is that they only take fifteen percent from you. And they're a big company as well, investing all this money for streaming, and they have bought individual big streamers and signed them to contracts to bring fandom over. So that's why so many streamers now have been going over there is because instead of again ten, I'm only getting five, now they're getting almost eight five, like eighty five hundred. It's increasing their money they get and lessening the charge for them. So that's why it's done so well, is because not only is the co founder again, but he streams on it as well. And people are losing their mind. These people are becoming millionaires bent off of this stuff. It's social media is the new pioneer of stuff. It's incredible to me. That's again why doing a full circle for you. They hate TikTok. They don't like organic people making money for themselves if it's not in house. To them, it's crazy, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see these stories about like it's harder for dude, I think, to make a lot of Oh, of course, like a woman. You know, that's the number one product in the world.
Speaker 3: Sex sells man exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean everyone.
Speaker 4: You know, women are in kind of into it.
Speaker 1: They might hate you, but men are like, oh you know, and the women that have made money on that only fans.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god, Ben, It's incredible to me. So, you know, we were talking about the gangster stuff and things you uh. Yes. So in Sopranos there was a character named Vicky in there. She's one of like the main characters and she's dating one of the mob guys, and so I guess apparently this is a real story. After Sopranos ended in et cetera, she wasn't going through a rough patch with money, and so she started an only fans and announced it and within the first like I think three hours of her starting in and opening it, it paid off her house and all this stuff.
Speaker 4: It's incredible to me.
Speaker 3: Bet Wow, it's incredible. That is nuts, And it blows my mind as a consumer too, because I'm like, when I grew up, we just had to look online for this stuff, right. It's like, I don't understand why people would want to pay for individual stuff. It's like, you really are a fan of these people that much.
Speaker 4: No, I'm the same way, man. Man, I'm older than you, Dude.
Speaker 1: I had to go to like like a CD, like liquor store magazine. Yeah. The the idea that it's you would.
Speaker 3: Pay, isn't it crazy?
Speaker 1: But I don't, you know, I don't know why the nudy bar. I used to go to nudy bars and then I had I had the day I woke up and.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, that's what I'm saying, dude, Ben, I've been only to a strip club maybe once or twice in my life, right for a buddy's birthday party. And every time we leave, I always ask him, like, why did we just go? They're like, dog, it was a great time. I was like, you just paid hundreds of dollars to go home and basically finish yourself. Like, I'm confused, what we just did? We spent money all the time for what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you want the big Mac tack and you go look and the big Mac's on a lazy Susan sitting around. You can't you can't touch the big Mac, you can't eat the big Mac.
Speaker 4: You can smell the big Man, and then you got.
Speaker 2: To go home.
Speaker 3: And what am I doing?
Speaker 1: I wanted the big Mac.
Speaker 4: I got to look at the big Mac, but I wanted the big Mac. I want what's up with that? I don't want to say that.
Speaker 3: I just the human psyche trips me out sometimes, it really does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then those guys that have a lot of money to go to the Nudi bar, The Newdy Bar's kind of like the horse track, yes, because there's guys that have a lot of money that go there, and then there's people that have no money that Yes, it's pretty wild man.
Speaker 3: And you know the difference, the one with the lots throwing hundreds of ones in front of the stage. The other ones are in the back, just sitting in the dark. It's crazy to me. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The ones with a lot of money have all the attention. Yes, the ladies know where to go. They can they can smell the money. They can absolutely smell the money. All right, we'll get out on that. Have a great rest of your Saturday. Don't forget, do not forget to vote in the bank. We'll talk more about that. We also have the mail bag, which I'm looking forward to listener questions and our answers, a staple of the Sunday Pod.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I have a great rest of your day.
Speaker 1: We will.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you tomorrow later, Skater