Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong.
Speaker 2: And Jetty and He Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 1: Last Sunday, Woody Allen turned at ninety years old. His wife soun Ye would have gotten him an expensive gift, but.
Speaker 3: You already splurged on Father's Day.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Was he married his stepdaughter? Yes? Yes, I don't know that those jokes still work.
Speaker 3: You have to be a certain age to even remember the Woody Allen married his stepdaughter story. But they've been together for decades now and very happy it seems.
Speaker 1: So I'll say it's a happy and beautiful relationship.
Speaker 2: So I know. And plus it's clear Mia Farrell was a kukoop foh.
Speaker 1: He accused him of chop molestation and a bitter, bitter divorce with a crazy.
Speaker 2: Like horrible horrible.
Speaker 3: Read Woody Allen's apropos of nothing his memoir very very good if you like Woody Allen or show business pretty damned interesting. I'm going to feature this news story just because it agrees with something I already said.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel good about myself.
Speaker 3: This is a some analysis on News Nation about the fact that Black Friday numbers and Cyber Monday numbers came in higher than expected.
Speaker 4: It's retail therapy, like the worse you feel the more you shop. If anything scares me about the economy and the consumer, it's not whether or not they shop, it's how ballooned our consumer debt has gotten in this country and how much Americans own, oh on credit cards.
Speaker 3: Yes, pointing out how in the world, given the stats we were talking about before we went on vacation, people are as pessimistic about their personal finances as they've ever been. Right direction wrong direction on the economy.
Speaker 2: Is horrible and well. In these stats from this reporter.
Speaker 5: On News Nation ahead of the holiday shopping season, ahead of Q four, we had already passed a tillion dollars in consumer debt. That's a new high delinquency rate, particularly ninety day delinquency rates, that's at a twelve year high. So there's a lot of concern about about you know, what the American consumer is feeling. And then add this to the picture on Cyber Monday alone, by now paying later, that costs a billion dollars of the American consumer really leaning on that and again that worrying a lot of economists.
Speaker 3: The ninety day delinquency on your credit cards is at a twelve year high.
Speaker 2: Also similar sorts of numbers.
Speaker 3: On people not making their car payments and rent and all that different sort of stuff, while we had a huge increase in spend on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Now one other thing to factor in before Joe, who's got a wrinkled face and probably has something to say, one more fact to throw in is that could be this. At least recently, fifty percent of consumer spending has been done by the top ten percent of income earners, So that crowd is not probably delinquent on their credit cards and rent and all that different sort of stuff, and feeling pretty good with the stock market setting records every day, and so maybe they're picking up the slack.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot to that theory. I was furrowed partly because I was thinking, wait, thirteen year high, so what was that A twenty years Okay, it'll post real estate crash, and everybody was was reeling. Now, yeah, there's something funky going on. Nobody's quite sure what it is. Economically speaking, I just everything was so disrupted by COVID. Yeah, habits, morality, finance, answers, schooling, socialization exacerbated by you know, smartphones and social media. I just feel like we're still all the rocks are still shifting. There's no solid footing on virtually any topic.
Speaker 3: I hate the term retail therapy, even though I acknowledge it's a thing, as I've done it myself, But it makes it sound like it's a good excuse, like.
Speaker 2: It makes sense.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, you got to be a grown up and realize I'm just buying this to make myself feel good. I can't actually afford it and then not buy it. That right part of the deal. You don't get to excuse it with well, I'm doing retail therapy.
Speaker 1: I bought a thirty five dollars T shirt this morning and from Armstrong Ayety show store. Absolutely I don't get that free. And it offered to break up the payments for me. Oh right, do you come across that? Sometimes I think, who's breaking up the payments on this?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: What's next to mortgage for a boxes cereal? So your payment's gonna work out to six cents a month. It's a forty eight month long I can come on steal some cereal or eats. I just I don't. This is bad, it's very, very bad.
Speaker 3: But did you buy that guy's explanation that it might be retail therapy that explains that people are so down that they're buying, don't?
Speaker 2: I don't think I buy that. It's an interesting theory, but no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't figure out if that's true or not, so I'm not gonna bother.
Speaker 2: But no, it's a stretch to me. I hope I think your explanation's way more sound. Well, I hope that's the case.
Speaker 3: I hope it's the top ten percent of earners are picking up the slack, and so it's a little misleading the numbers. Most people are pulling back because times are hard and they're scared. Because you should be pulling back. If times are hard and you're scared, you shouldn't go out and spend like crazy if you don't have the money. That's not good for the country, that's not good for anybody. But that's what our government does. So it would be keeping with, you know, the way we run our fin nance's as a country. You know, I was thinking a great deal yesterday and earlier today about our conversation yesterday yesterday about inflation, where I was quoting that absolutely terrific piece and I forgot to credit the author about what inflation really is. And as he quotes another guy from a piece called how Inflation Destroys civilization, Inflation springs from a violation of the fundamental rules of society, transforming what should be honest economic exchange into systematic deception.
Speaker 2: And the point of the piece, which.
Speaker 1: I think was our three it was like, oh, it was like right now in the show yesterday, was that the word inflation has been misapplied to rising prices. Inflation is an artificial expansion of the money supply. That's what inflation is, and the effect is rising prices. And the problem is if we don't don't have a word to describe the actual problem.
Speaker 2: How do we fight it?
Speaker 1: How do we get people to understand what it is. It's a minor point, but I think a significant one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because people were throwing around a lot when Biden was passing those multi trillion dollar bills and everything like that. People are throwing this will lead to inflation, as opposed to saying this is.
Speaker 1: Inflation, right, And it will lead to higher prices. But yeah, that is inflation. And the idea that inflation is down, no, no, the the enormous sudden rise in prices caused by inflation has cooled somewhat. But no, inflation isn't down. The rate of inflation, it's all misapplied. And look this is tilted at windmills. This is a couple of guys against you know, the millions, and I get people aren't gonna absorb this. And just although you know, to me, I'm a big fan of the whole starfish thing. You know, you throw a few starfish into the back into the ocean of the millions on the beach. You didn't help them all, but you help those So if you all get it and can help battle it on some level, that's good enough for me.
Speaker 2: But I had this weird thought that the.
Speaker 1: Next chapter in my life is I'm going to be some sort of roving economics lecturer. There'll be humor and there'll be a hook like a good name for it and all, but I'll go around trying to teach people what inflation really is and how insidious it is and how it is a tax. I'm a politician, I really want to hand out twelve hundred dollars to my cronies to.
Speaker 2: Buy them off to stay in power.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I've only got one thousand dollars really need twelve hundred?
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 1: I print two hundred dollars more, I hand all of that out, and all of a sudden, your savings are worth less.
Speaker 3: Your buying power is less. Do you get how that's a tax? It's all to support me and my power and keeping me in power. If everybody in America understood how much less wealthy they are than they were five years ago, like really understood it because of inflation, we'd all be at the bar tonight or in the street with axe handles and bandanas over our faces.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And if they understood that inflation is expansion of the money supply, it's not your eggs being more expensive, they would know where to cast the blame. And that's why perverting language matters. Nobody does it accidentally. Nobody calls sex changes for children gender affirming care. Oh, that reminds me a gender bending update coming up later. Nobody accidentally changes that verbage.
Speaker 3: A quick thing before we take a before we take a break. Well, I'll do it right after I tell you about Oman Stakes. Something somebody saying nice about something about us on the online as opposed to the hate. So I don't dwell on that. But first Omahastaks kind.
Speaker 2: Of getting used to the hate, and maybe I got to stick with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the quality is absolutely fantastic with Omaha Steaks. Understand that Jack and I it is practically a religious faith with us. We would never try to get you to buy steaks that weren't great because we both love cow so much and Omaha Steaks is absolutely terrific. And right now during Omaha Steaks Sizzle All the Way sale, you can get fifty percent off sitewide at Omaha Steaks. And because you know us, because you know our code, use the code Armstrong when you check out and you get an extra thirty five bucks off.
Speaker 2: So funny when you call it cow, I don't know why. I try not to think.
Speaker 3: About the fact that it was a you know, a beast with feelings and dreams, what sort of dreams.
Speaker 1: Well, what's important is that that was the cow's dream to be judge, that cow's dream.
Speaker 3: To be as delicious as possible, and they fulfilled their dream by doing that and now you get to help them fulfill their dream through omahass because they the best Hamburgers you've ever had, best steaks you've ever had. The chicken or the apple tartlets are fantastic, by the way.
Speaker 1: Patty, when I grow up, I want to be well marbled.
Speaker 2: That's a cow's dream.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Once again, fifty percent off sitewide Omaha Steaks dot com. Use the code Armstrong at checkout. You get thirty five bucks off on top of that. Terms apply see site for details. That's Omaha Steaks dot Com. The code is Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Maybe when we come.
Speaker 3: Back, I'll talk a little bit about trolls and then somebody's saying really nice stuff about us online in just that whole world, which I find very very interesting.
Speaker 2: I know we have a gender bending update and other stuff on the way, So stay here, arm Strong.
Speaker 6: Hey, Yeddie, it's Christmas in Rockefeller Center. Don't miss Michael Bubleang, Kristin Chenowick, when Stefani performing, you make it feel like Christmas, and the Radio City Rockheads only on NBC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like fun, right, Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: Now check out the lineup down in Washington, DC.
Speaker 6: It's the National Christmas Tree lighting. Don't miss Mitch McConnell playing the kazoo, Chuck Grassley doing the Charleston, Lindsay Graham performing Santa Baby, and President Trump singing let it Know as he throws the shredded Epstein files.
Speaker 2: Chelsey on Sanine hy.
Speaker 3: Rasley dancing the Charleston Funny, Lindsey Graham singing what.
Speaker 2: I missed it? Something kind of Lindsey grammish.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's funny, didn't you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Santa Baby? Yes? Oh goodness?
Speaker 1: Coming up live team coverage. Church Nativity display includes zip Tide Baby Jesus with Roman soldiers dressed as ice agents. Stay with us? Okay, good for you.
Speaker 3: Didn't you have a story today about what age you shouldn't get your kid a phone before?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, new studies out about smartphones before age twelve? Just you know what insert chain saws or twelve hundred horsepower motorcycles in place of social media and smartphones.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I did thirteen for both kids. And it gets you didn't live through this because smartphones weren't a thing yet, But it gets pretty hard once you get into their teenage years because all their friends have them and that's how they all communicate.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're really.
Speaker 3: Left out a lot if you're not part of that. Oh yeah, and the text chain that everybody's on. I mean, like m's more painful than that. As an adolescent, Oh yeah, Oh my god, I can't even imagine if all my friends had been on some sort of text thread and making jokes all day long and everything like that. Then you get to school and they're continuing the conversation in the halls.
Speaker 2: And you're not in on it. Oh, it'd be horrible. Uh.
Speaker 3: And and they're like the most dangerous thing in the world.
Speaker 1: I just brought that about it. How do we hit that an hour four a little more completely? I think it's worth it.
Speaker 3: Apple announced they're no longer gonna have any support for the Apple SE, which I think is the phone my oldest got, first phone he got. Because there's the cheap iPhone that they put out and they've decided to abandon it and they'll no longer support it at all.
Speaker 2: So give up on your SE if you've got SE now they're all eight hundred dollars or something.
Speaker 3: AnyWho, my family was somewhat interested in the fact over Thanksgiving while I was there because I was posting some what I thought were lighthearted, humorous notes about my trip and Thanksgiving meal and stuff like that and hanging out with my family, and then some of the hateful, hateful, mean spirited replies from people who I assume you're a fan of the show, or why would you even know who I am? Why would you even be following? And trying to explain the whole troll thing to some of my family members that there are people, Oh no, they're perfectly okay with the show, but for some reason, there's a certain kind of human being that if they can get a reaction out of you, it makes their day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also think that there are haters who who follows social media for the purpose of hating.
Speaker 2: They don't like the show at all, they're not fans. I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: I like, try to think of somebody I don't like. Back when Joy Reid had a show on MSNBCO, I can't imagine following her Twitter account and then when she'd posts pictures saying that's an ugly tree.
Speaker 2: Did you run out of money or you know.
Speaker 1: Something like that, because you have a what's the term, what's the term a life? I can't imagine that, right, they're pathetic, well, not only jity people like that.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 3: I feel sorry for you. What a horrible way to go through your life. And and the fact that you can take some joy out of attacking somebody's family or thanksgiving, her Christmas or whatever they're talking about, and if you could bring them any pain that would make you happy. That's just such a weird way to live.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: The flip side of that is, I was looking at the text line and here's somebody I've got their text going back several years. They don't text very often, but going back several years. Lmao, Joe is on fire this morning. That was about four years ago, then six months later. Yeah, great show, loved Limbaugh. You guys are every bit as good. Oh you too, kind best show on the radio. Katie is such a great addition. Back when Katie joined the show, couldn't gurgree more Jack, followed by Joe is killing me today?
Speaker 2: Great job Jack. Considering the circumstances, you guys are both pros. Give Katie more airtime. Good and I see it.
Speaker 3: You know, there's people like that that just nothing positivity over years and years and years towards.
Speaker 2: The kind of you yeah, yeah, thanks, opposed to.
Speaker 3: The hateful trolling. We worked with a guy I won't name him, but we worked with a guy who was a troll. He would troll other things and people and be like, dude, I think he controls us. Still, oh he still trolls us. Yeah, but you know that was when he still worked with us. He wasn't trolling his head, but I would see him trolling other things and like, what do you get out of that? And then if they responded, he just he brought him so much joy that Wow, I got to them. I made them mad, I made them unhappy.
Speaker 2: That's mental illness.
Speaker 1: It is well, And lest you think that I'm like pretending to pity you, but I'm actually angry and trying to know I actually pity you. It makes me sad that you're as sad, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I could get over it.
Speaker 3: I'd be horrified if either one of my kids somehow ended up in a position where if they could bring somebody else pain it would make them happy.
Speaker 2: That's horrible.
Speaker 1: And your kids ended up in a dress gender bending madness update coming up next.
Speaker 2: Couldn't Resist, Couldn't.
Speaker 3: Resist that's a good transition that we're gonna get a text from that, lady, Joe, you're on fire today.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I'm stay tuned for that.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Geeddy johan Omar making the rounds on lefty media as we speak, clapping back against the President and his idea of not letting people from hell whole Country's cloning claim phony asylum in this country and then rip off the taxpayers. More on that to come first. It's a gender bending madness update.
Speaker 2: So I kept hearing about this thing called the Loco. We're a brave world.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of gender bending madness to get to. We've got to dive right into the cesspool of weirdness. First of all, the eight Nelly Bowls of the free press writing. Wait, we're still doing the sports thing. Both the Oliver Ames girls volleyball team and the Somerset Berkeley girls field hockey team won state titles in Massachusetts while fielding biologically male athletes as all female opponents two different state champ teams.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have bet that that was still happening. I know, I know well.
Speaker 1: Korean Spahn, New Jersey has been ordered to implement gender identity friendly policies and educate staff on non discrimination. After being sued for refusing to allow a male into the women's nude section, and Nelly writes, I feel like these twenty twenty one plot lines need to be retired. We've moved on no penises in the women's locker room enlist. It's specifically a porn set, which is not a funny thing to say.
Speaker 3: I'm not surprised that that happens still, because the individual battles are still gonna happen. But the sports thing that took compliance from a whole bunch of different parents and teams and schools, and I thought that people weren't too scared to stand up against that at this point. I would have thought there'd been so many teams that forfeited, so many parents that pulled their kids off the field or the court, that it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have happened, you know.
Speaker 1: I'd meant to mention that the theme of this update is we are far from winning this fight. We have just begun to turn back the tide a little bit, because in hardcore woke places like Massachusetts, for instance, they're still completely down with the idea of well, he's now a woman because he says he's a woman. Trans women are women and they're letting them run rough shot over the girls. And finally, Nelly mentions an Irish school teacher who once again got arrested, not the first time, because he refuses to use they them pronouns for children in his class.
Speaker 3: You almost said a woman got erected, which in these cases can happen.
Speaker 1: No, I said a teacher, which you assumed was a woman, because you're sexist.
Speaker 2: Moving along, Wow.
Speaker 1: The winner of the World the Strongest Woman competition was stripped of her title Tuesday. I saw her organizers and saw that the hulking American never mentioned she was born a man.
Speaker 2: I saw that Jamie with two ms, and they got caught because of some porn they had posted.
Speaker 1: Jammy Booker disqualified just days after she destroyed the competition at the Official strong Man Games for Women in Arlington, Texas over the weekend. Congrediate girls men are better at everything, including being women.
Speaker 3: But he he, he, I get these mixed up all the time, don't so, dude.
Speaker 2: They had.
Speaker 3: Posted some porn on some site of them like self porn like, making it clear that they had junk in the porn. So somebody saw that and said, hey, look this this.
Speaker 2: Woman that's a penis. I just saw it, so that kind of out of it.
Speaker 1: The organizers essentially said, Whoopsnow, yeah, you're supposed to compete whatever you're born as, so again, well.
Speaker 2: Done, sir.
Speaker 3: Way to show those girls what a real woman is. How could you take any joy in that cause you're mentally ill. Bad news from the UK.
Speaker 1: With the Labor Party now engaged, they have decided to more or less ignore the incredibly important cast Review recommendation that any use of puberty blockers be confined to research. Well, they've taken that to mean, let's do a major clinical trial puberty blockers involving two hundred and twenty children under the age of sixteen, including kids as young as ten. They're going to feed these children. Two hundred and twenty These young children will be fed dangerous puberty blockers in the name of research, changing their bodies forever. Britain has so lost its way it's absolutely terrible. Moving along, speaking of those who haven't gotten the memo that this sort of thing is ought to be over, very sexual is a word that's causing intrigue online. Jack Vagina b B is in boy P E R R are sexual. Very sexual is and this is quoting from a super woke website. Very sexual is a word that's causing intrigue online. But what exactly is the new identity across queer communities online? New language continues to emerge to describe the full spectrum of attraction.
Speaker 2: For money, discovering what for many discoverment set up.
Speaker 1: For many, discovering a word that captures their experience can feel like a relief, almost like myss finding a mything. Buzzle baits and it goes on for sentence after settance. Shut up and tell me what very sexual means, even though stupid. Although very sexual remains far less well known than labeled such as bisexual or pansexuals, it's slowly conversations on Reddit, Tumblr, lgb blah blah blah blah blah. Very sexual is someone who can be attracted to all genders, but with a distinct pattern. Attraction toward women and female aligned or non binary adrogenist people is the default, while attraction to men or masculine aligned people is lighter, rarer, or more secondary.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't follow that? Did you follow that? Don't bother? You still know what very sexual is. I don't no, so we you're.
Speaker 1: Mostly attracted to girlish people. Sometimes once in a while, maybe on the weekends, you're attracted to dudish people.
Speaker 2: That's all it means.
Speaker 1: Hey, all you very sexuals and pan sexuals and whatever the hell else you call yourselves. Google the following phrase or chet gpt it the narcissism of small distinctions. I think you might learn something moving along. Great piece by Christopher Khalib in The National Review about how the Washington State University removed a bunch of videos from a conference about the Society for Evidence Based Gender Medicine. Activists got hold of these videos of debates and discussions about what's really good for his what's really healthy for kids, and what's not. They labeled this society a hate group, attacked Washington State University for hosting the nation the courses for nationwide use, and bullied Washington State into taking them.
Speaker 2: Down all in about a day.
Speaker 1: What zero to one hundred the activists can still bully a university into removing a discussion in which this organization was simply saying, we need to do medicine based on evidence. We need to be scientific about it. Not emotional about it. What is the data? And for that they were labeled to hate group and taken down major state university. This fight is just beginning, just barely beginning.
Speaker 3: I'm strum blown away by that sports one. I didn't think we are still there anywhere in the country where there wouldn't be enough parents or coaches or schools that would say, no, we're not going along with this.
Speaker 1: Well, that's my point exactly, is that in your walk areas? Because keep in mind, in California, Jack, the rebels who fought against it and boycotted games and blah blah blah, they're still running a foul of state law.
Speaker 2: The state law.
Speaker 1: In California is dudes get to kick the crap out of girls on the field of play in violation of Title nine. Gavin, even though you admitted to Charlie Kirk, it's brightantly unfair, kind of sort of with your rambling, I never say anything nonsense. It's a gender bending madness update.
Speaker 2: That's the ending. That's the ending. Okay, Oh Alexa, that's what's her name? What's she up to these days? It's a fella. You seemed confused. What's he up to these days?
Speaker 1: I don't know nothing, not pitching bud Light, that's for sure. I'll ever forget or go ahead and forget it.
Speaker 2: It's just beer. It's fun.
Speaker 1: Hey, Prize Picks wants you to know. Prize Picks is used by many, many millions of dollars millions of users. Rather sign up for America's number one fantasy sports app, Prize Picks is so easy and fun. Just pick more or less on at least two player stat projections and see if your sports takes they hold water, and if they do, you're gonna get paid right now.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks has early payouts.
Speaker 3: If your lineup gets off to a hot start, you may have the option to cash out those winnings before the game even ends.
Speaker 1: And Prize Picks now offers stacks, which means you can pick the same player up to three times in the same lineup. Maybe pick more on Steph Curry's points, three pointers.
Speaker 2: And assists.
Speaker 1: You can even combine sports one basketball player one football player if you want to a couple of each. Download the Prize Picks after today use the code Armstrong. They'll give you fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup that's the coat Armstrong. You get fifty dollars in lineups to play around with after you play your first five dollars lineup prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 3: So I was listening to a discussion on a podcast yesterday of his college football ruined or broken, and it clearly is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's any fixing it.
Speaker 3: So it's bowl season. So your team, from what I understand, that plays in the Bowl might have a different quarterback than it had the.
Speaker 1: Entire season, right right or thirty or players might sit out thinking I'm not playing that stupid game.
Speaker 3: What's the point of that? And then you've got the whole UC. Berkeley is in the Atlantic Coast Conference. If you know anything about the way the conference has worked, Berkeley, you Bekla is in the ACC. I mean, there's a bunch of examples of that that just make no sense whatsoever. What if they'll ever be able to fix that again, I've read various ideas and plans that have been pitched for fixing college football.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: A it's complicated, and B I don't care enough to really dig into it, but yeah, it's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Right now, players being paid millions and millions of dollars right out of high school to play for a college.
Speaker 3: I don't have any problem with that, but they got to you gotta stay with the same team. You can't that that whole transfer thing portal that's got to go away.
Speaker 2: I mean, whose idea was that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I happened to be tuning into the fight in a line on basketball program as they got just absolutely dismantled by Yukon again.
Speaker 2: Uh and and thought, wow.
Speaker 1: I recognize one of those dudes from last year one. Everybody else is just a transfer portal guy or a euro who's pretending to study or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's ridiculous. It's still hot though.
Speaker 1: You look at attendance figures and tving money and you know, like the Big Ten championship game, Number one Ohio, number two Indiana. I believe they're certainly in the top ten. That's right, they're number two in the conference. Doesn't matter, it's gonna be a great game. I'm excited about watching it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if attendance is still as hot and alumni are still as hot for it and everything like that, then I guess it continues on.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. They lost me coming. It'll last.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like my brothers are super into college sports, particularly Kansas basketball, and they're as hot for it as they ever have been, and all the conferences are completely different than they ever were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the question is long term, will it attract new fans? Right these ear marks?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Players are making millions though. Oh yeah, yeah, well it's never played it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah they should be got coaches getting ten million dollars. You got all kinds of advertisers and sponsors, all kinds of people making lots of money. The players are the ones that are playing the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, And we get to drop the charade that this bms with an IQ of sixty eight but runs like a deer? Is you know a student quote unquote at the IQ of sixty eight?
Speaker 2: Well, has that changed? Can you not go to class and stuff? Can you just be your major? Is I'm on the football team. I don't know.
Speaker 1: They'd probably still fake it up for some reason, but I've lost track.
Speaker 2: It's always been the reality.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you ever went to college and had like some big dumb athlete in your class, not then they're not.
Speaker 2: All dumb, but some of them are and I had asked to be dumb.
Speaker 1: They just happened to be born with more athletic ability than brain power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I had a.
Speaker 3: Few in classes at various college situations. ISA, it's just like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Right? And they're saying to themselves, what am I doing here?
Speaker 1: I can talk to basketball and pretending to go to class, That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Putin said something extraordinary yesterday that in the.
Speaker 2: Olden times would have made the news.
Speaker 3: But in the modern day of everybody says crazy s all the time, it didn't really make them.
Speaker 2: It was, among other things, on the way, stay here, arm strong, and somebody pays it. It's going to be the taxpayer.
Speaker 7: The La City Council again delaying a decision on what reconstruction fees to waive in Pacific Palisades, with dozens of fire victims in city hall watching in.
Speaker 2: Tears, sobbing.
Speaker 3: Actually, it was so devastating to see how incompetent our city is.
Speaker 1: You too can have this sort of governance. Just vote for California Democrats when they run for national office. Matthew Cedorf of Fox eleven La rolls.
Speaker 7: On January's Palisades fire left roughly seven thousand buildings in ashes. In April, the mayor called for a hold on reconstruction fees, But now, almost eleven months after the flames, the city council still hasn't made a decision.
Speaker 3: They want to nitpick and penny pinch people who have gone through the worst, most devastating wildfire in our history. I can't imagine how insanely angering that is to try to deal with.
Speaker 1: That, Putting aside the fact that the fires were set by a leftist, looser, lunatic type fella. One house has been rebuilt, one house, but the question. But it's even more hilarious, tragically horribly hilarious when you get past the headline realize that the house is a construction company's model home.
Speaker 2: That no one is going to live in.
Speaker 1: It's a possible design for others, should they manage to navigate the mess that is la in California's permitting process, says the U whose article is this is really good town Hall. It's like cooking a steak in front of a starving family than throwing it away. And Mayor Bass, who originally touted the completion of the model home on social media as if it were an accomplishment. Deleted the post after real victims of the fire complained and it was learned that the can Instruction Company had been in the process of building the home before the fires, so it's not even quote unquote a new construction. Nothing's been built.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine. So I've lost all my stuff. I'm in a hotel or an apartment or whatever. My housing situation is. Still have a job, still have kids, Still got to figure out how to get him to school.
Speaker 2: You know, everything that goes with life.
Speaker 1: You have a mortgage on that burntdown property that you're paying and then you're right.
Speaker 3: You're trying to fight your way through this stuff all the time. God, that would be horrific.
Speaker 1: Here is resident Henry Wright, who knows his or well, thanks you.
Speaker 2: For one minute for general go ahead.
Speaker 8: My name is Henry Wright.
Speaker 2: You burned my house down.
Speaker 8: Pursuing your ideological agenda.
Speaker 2: And you want me to pay me. You burned it down.
Speaker 8: You have created animal farm as you sit through there at the trough and feed your ugly distorted your reality, real people, real families, real hardships grip every corner of my community. LA bureaucracy is evolved to serve only itself with rules, reporting, paperwork, slogans that replace substance.
Speaker 2: Who pays me?
Speaker 8: This isn't an abstract concept.
Speaker 2: It's my money.
Speaker 8: You burned my house and everything I owned down to complete ash without putting one crop of water on it. It raged, it raged till it was a foot high. It was an inferno engulfing my history and my whole being.
Speaker 2: Do the right thing, thanks speaker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, Henry, that was great. But they lacked the capacity for shame. You can't shame them, bureaucratic layers of crap.
Speaker 3: Well, it gets to the thing I always say when I when I think of the government, I think of an impediment. Some people, when they think of the government think, oh, they're going to help me. I don't get you people. I don't know what your life experience has been. But when I think the word government, I think an impediment, something that's going to get in my way, make it harder or more expensive to live my life.
Speaker 1: And then those members of the city Council and their cronies and their donors and all, if they need something done, I'll get that taken care of for you. They get a signature on those forums. But quick, that's quite the story. Yeah, yeah, I liked how he started off with a really good pig squeal?
Speaker 2: Is that what I was? I believe it was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he should have made it more clear what he would do, the connecting animal farm and that there's a pig, and to the squeal, and I think at the trough maybe you know, I think it was probably.
Speaker 2: Lost for a lot of people there. They probably just thought he was a crazy person. I disagree. Maybe you need to listen more closely.
Speaker 8: My name is Henry, right, you burned my house down.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: I think people think he just has some unique version of Tourette's in which he squeals like a pig.
Speaker 1: And for a second it almost seemed to be going in a three little pigs direction. It blew my house down, of you burn But no, that wasn't his point.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty