Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pena, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome In. Watch Drying Ni Great Episode two thirteen, A ton to do today? Demons once again back in the chair playing through pain, which we appreciate. Good to see you looking great. That is a great looking shirt. Is Marathon? Is that the Is that the store in La Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nipsey, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That's a great looking shirt. I think I've worn this sweatshirt four times on the pod. But it's a little homage to your sister and Stewart's college, so it's the but I like it. Uh. You see Santa Cruz sweatshirt look at you one I'll see you on Yeah. No, it's cool and it has the little banana slug poking out of the pocket down here. It's pretty cool. I'm not bad at showing things on camera, but the if you're watching on YouTube, you can you can see that. By the way. You know something, I realized. I've stopped telling people to like, subscribe, rate review for basically the last and I'm now seeing all these podcasts just crushing us. I think we're doing really good work, but we've said that we've kind of plateaued a bit on the subscribers and the ratings. So I'm gonna because I don't ask often, and because I think I've earned it by hopefully helping you guys make money betting the cheats in the playoffs as underdogs. If you could do me the following favor, and we're gonna pay it back on this show and another shows. If you could leave a review, that would be great. If you could give us five stars, that would of course be awesome. And then if you could definitely subscribe on Spotify or iTunes wherever you listen, and on our YouTube page. Subscribing on the YouTube page would be greatly appreciated, and I'm wondering if post football season, if we might have some content YouTube exclusive via Demanse in Los Angeles. He and I haven't talked about this, but I've been thinking about it about whether or not you could do some standalone content for the YouTube page. Whether it's streaming or something. I'm not sure this is, but I think it could be a offseason. I meant to tell you about it, but I wanted to get your your your immediate reaction. So if you could subscribe to us on YouTube, it would be greatly appreciated. And we have a giveaway that we're doing today and throughout the week that we'll get into in just a moment. But first, here's what missed the cut for today's show, Steph Curry versus Sabrina Ayanescu. Apologies if I mispronounced that in the three point contest, that's gonna be awesome. Travis Kelcey not attending the Grammys, he has a super Bowl to play, and Dame returns to Portland, yet the Bucks lose, and later in the show, we're gonna be giving away some We're gonna have our first ever What's Right Show giveaway. I will explain that in moments. But before we do that, Demons, let's get right to what the top of the show topic is, which is, of course, the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs right on the cusp is at solidifying theirself as a dynasty, going to the Super Bowl four times in the last five years, on the cusp of winning the third one in the last five years. But for some reason they are still underdogs in this game.
Speaker 4: Could you explain that?
Speaker 3: And do you think that they deserve to be underdogs in this game against the forty nine ers. The forty nine ers are obviously pretty good.
Speaker 2: Four nine ers are really good, but the forty nine ers have not really played their best ball over the last five six weeks. Baltimore crushed them, they had less than impressive performances right before and after that game, and in both of these playoff games, the Niners have looked super vulnerable, particularly on the back end of their defense. Here is the crazy thing about the Chiefs in the playoffs the last two years, They've consistently been underdogs. AFC Title game last year in Arrowhead opened Cincinnati favored by a point and a half in Arrowhead. Now that line ended up moving to where the Chiefs were the one one and a half point favorites to kickoff, but it started. Cincinnati is the favorite the Super Bowl neutral sight against Philly Philly one point favorite. Round two in Buffalo, Buffalo three and a half point favorites, Round or the AFC Title game this year against Baltimore. Baltimore closed at a five point favorite, and then the Super Bowl opened. San Francisco minus three and a half got bet all the way down to San Francisco minus one and a half and has now been bet back up to San Francisco minus two and a half, and so they have allowed the Chiefs to credibly be Then nobody believes in US team, despite the fact that I think everyone would acknowledge that this postseason, at the very least, the Chiefs have looked far better than San Francisco has. Now, the Chiefs have two significant injuries going into this game that San Francisco does not. Joe Tooney, the all Pro left guard who got hurt in the Bills game. It looks like he's not going to be able to go even in the Super Bowl. They hold out hope, but probably not. And Charles Amenaho, the one of their major offseason free agent acquisitions the defensive end. He tore his ACL sadly in the AFC Title Game, and this is brutal for him. Man, he was a Niner. He has talked super Bowl all year. He has talked about how he signed with the Chiefs to get to the super Bowl and a game before you get to the super Bowl and a mina, who's the one who had the stripsack on Lamar. You know, he's been excellent for the Chiefs. He missed the first six games of the year with a suspension, so those are major losses. We'll see about Willie Gay, We'll see about Derek Natty, two Chiefs that starting Chiefs defensive players who had to miss the previous week against the Ravens and not he's missed I think the last two games. In fact, I know he has. He missed the Bills game as well, but I think the wrong team's favored. And we'll do more super Bowl stuff next week. But it is I'm actually happy that the Chiefs have that little bulletin board material that they're the underdogs. But I want this is what I want to do here. I want to tell you guys about our giveaway, and then I want to discuss what I think in retrospect might be the single biggest game in NFL history. But here's our giveaway. So as you guys know, I never had a doubt about the Chiefs this year, I have. I got the tattoo that says it as much. And this is what we're doing for you guys. You guys can join me in being right about the team. If you also have no doubt about the Chiefs in the super Bowl, we can get you a temporary never a Doubt tattoo in the exact same script as mine so you can show you solidarity. All you have to do is tag us on social media at What's Right Show and explain why rolling with the Chiefs and include the hashtag never a Doubt. We'll pick our favorites and send you a replica of my never a Doubt tattoo for you to show off at your Super Bowl party. Make sure you have your DMS open so we can reach out to you if you win. But again, tag us at What's Right Show, use hashtag never a doubt and about why you believe the Chiefs are gonna win, and we'll send you a never adult Chiefs tattoo. We'll pick out our favorites, and then I'll find some ways to maybe do some in person giveaways of these. Maybe we'll have some extras here at Trentage that people can, you know, come by and pick up. So we'll do all that, but first and foremost tag it. Demanze also has never a Doubt tattooed on his forearm, but his is in Korean. But demonse, didn't you know, demons show it's right there. It's not there, it is. Yeah, he got it very big letters in Korean. Never a doubt. I had doubts when he got that tattoo, but little did I know he was ahead of the curve. All right, I want to talk about what now we might look at on as one of the single biggest games in NFL history, because if Mahomes wins on Sunday, there is going to be a lot of could he be the goat conversation? But that conversation runs into two significant hurdles. One is seven to three rings Brady to Mahomes, and the other is Brady beat him head up in a Super Bowl in Tampa. I know some people will bring up the fact that Brady also beat him in the AFC Title Game, Mohmes first year as a starter. That one is less noteworthy to me because Mahomes played a perfect game. Brady threw multiple interceptions that you know Mahomes by any metric outplayed Tom in that game. And then he can get the ball in overtime, and Tom had his best drive of the game at the end and in overtime. But the Super Bowls the Super Bowl, and the Chiefs were the defending champs, the Chiefs were the favorites, the Chiefs had beaten them in the regular season, and the Chiefs got their ass kicked. And so for all those reasons, Mahomes has a very tough hill to climb in the goat conversation. So just as a thought exercise, demanse, let's pretend for a moment the Chiefs had beaten the Bucks in that Super Bowl. And when we talk about the biggest names and people in NFL history, how that one game going differently would change everyone's legacies and thoughts. Okay, start with Bill Belichick. How much of Bill Belichick's current kind of slide in standing has been because Tom Brady left him and immediately won a Super Bowl, as opposed to if the Chiefs had won that game, it would have been, well, you played Mahomes and Andy in the playoffs with Belichick, you won the game. You played him in the super Bowl without him, you lost the game. But more so from Bill. If Patrick wins on Sunday, the Super Bowl total is going to be seven to three Tom Patrick, with Tom having been two to zero in the playoffs against him again, flip the result of that won super Bowl. Now it's six to four. Mahomes would have won four in five years, which no one has ever done. They'd be one and one in the playoffs against each other, and I think most people would say, oh, he's going to become, if not already, the greatest player ever. That one game the thing it changed as far as how also Tom, people would say what they kind of now say about Bill. They would say, well, he was good without Bill, but never, you know, never was able to get over the hump, never was able to win the Super Bowl, and he won one in his second to last year with the Patriots. That one game, the butterfly effect it has on the rest of the league as far as legacies. The Chiefs would already have had a back to back and the way we look at the goat debate. It's wild to me because the difference between it being currently seven to two and maybe here in a few weeks seven to three versus it being six to three and maybe in a few weeks six to four, it might be a hurdle too high for Patrick to overcome for the count the rings folks, but it is. It also makes me happy that that game wasn't in retrospect close because it would even more Oh and you blew it at the Chiefs just getting their ass kicked start to finish. Other people have asked me about the one other you know, playoff loss to Brady in the twenty eighteen season and how much that burns the D FOURD off sides game all that, I've now come to peace with this. I truly believe had the Chiefs won that game, they wouldn't have fired Bob Sutton, the inover has had defensive coordinator, and then brought in Steve Spagnolo, who, in my opinion, has been the fourth most important person of this dynasty. It goes Andy, I'm sorry, it goes Patrick, then Andy, then Travis, and then Steve Spagnolo. But if the Chiefs hadn't beaten the Patriots and made the Super Bowl. I don't think they bring in Bob Sutton. I don't think they bring in Steve Spagnolo. So I'm kind of at peace with that loss. Typically, but everything that's happened since then, if it all rolls the same, but the Chiefs find a way to win that Super Bowl against Tampa, we are having totally different discussions. But such his life. And now they got to take care of Brock in the forty nine ers, and let's go ahead and get to them now, Demonse, all right.
Speaker 3: So the Avengers love nothing but hyping up Brock Party and backing them up. Christian McCaffrey just said the other day, I don't know when exactly it was, but he said Party takes a lot of heat for absolutely no reason. It's like he wasn't there in the football game that they just played a few days ago. Are the forty Do you think the forty nine ers are overcompensating because they know Rock Party isn't that good?
Speaker 4: What do you think is going on there? Is it genuine?
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's a little genuine.
Speaker 2: I think it's a little genuine. I think it's a little trying to gas their guy up and build his confidence. I also think that it's a little straw many like I at this point demonse and starting to be flattered that my voice in the sports media seems to have grown loud enough that me and Cam Newton and a couple other people saying pump the brakes on brock Party as League MVP has become this rallying crid where Draymond Green is referencing this stuff in Warriors post games like I go ahead.
Speaker 3: Demanse, Yeah, I was just about to say I didn't see that. I saw it in the rundown. I mean that kind of brings me to the follow up. Do you think that Draymond Green might have said something to backup Rock Party?
Speaker 4: It's to slight you.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I think it's at least part of it. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 2: So, here's the thing. I it is odd to me that so much of the conversation is brock Party gets no respect when that conversation is being had had in the same football universe of Brock Purty NFL MVP finalist, Brock Party, pro bowler. Brock Party is like he is.
Speaker 3: You can't say that nobody gives him respect. And the argument is he should be m VP.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and when he's a finalist for MVP, which means he's top five vote getter this year. So this when they say the media doesn't respect him, the media is the one voting on MVP and he's a finalist, And so the the I I was, and I said it on Tuesday. I was impressed by some of the things he did in the NFC Championship game. Some of you know, he played poorly, obviously in large stretches of it, but then he made some some of the scrambles were good. He made a couple of really nice throws. Yeah, and but I I think there is a level of projection and where I get frustrated. And I talked by the way Damon Bruce speaking of subscribing things on YouTube, if you're a Bay Area sports fan, Damon Bruce, in my opinion, the best sports radio host in Bay Area history, started his own YouTube channel in his own podcast that he went Independent. I went on with him last night for like forty five minutes. You guys should subscribe to Damon Bruce Plus if you for anything Warriors, Niners, bay Area related and he and I argued about Brock Purty and here is to me, what is so interesting about the party thing. His biggest supporters agree with me on so many things. They just don't like my delivery. If you ask the biggest Brock party supporters, hey, okay, no matter what you think of him, are there five guys on the Niners offense better than him? They will sheepishly try to change the subject and then typically admit, yes, Trent, Christian Kittle, Ayuk debo, all five of those guys are better at their jobs than pretty as it is, and my frustration.
Speaker 4: But those other guys aren't the Trent Williams.
Speaker 3: That isn't the position that usually gets MVPs like A couple of those positions aren't even really like in the race so to speak for mv.
Speaker 2: Of course, No, no, that's absolutely right.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you on that. My My point is, though we Trent Williams only gets a Christian McCaffrey never gets asked, man, how good is Trent Williams? Brandon Ayuk never gets asked how good is George Kittle? These guys who are a plus players are then asked about and I get it to the quarterback, like how good is Brock? And I feel like we are we are efforting to build other to a degree where it almost by default takes away some from the actual great players. But we'll see, man, Like you couldn't have asked for a better scenario for folks that have wanted my Brock Party take to be a classic Category three. When I'm confident it's gonna be a classic Category two, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I got shut I got shut out last week when this topic came up. But exactly what you said was gonna happen. I'm not saying that Brock Perry is gonna go and beat Mahomes, but this is like nightmare fuel for you, like the forty nine ers of gear notes to play the Chiefs in the super Bowl, And if Rock Party beats the Chiefs in the super Bowl, it's I'm truly gonna feel for you, like genuinely I'm gonna be.
Speaker 4: Sad for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I went through something similar the last time the Chiefs were going for a repeat, which was I was the guy all year long doubting Brady with the Bucks. Now it's a different type of doubt because Brady was already the goat. But but I was saying that I thought he wasn't the same player that you know. I would love if the Chiefs got to play them in the super Bowl, which, by the way, that I have never said about San Francisco because I have so much respect for that roster and that team as a whole. I've never said like, oh, that would be the dream super Bowl matchup. And then Tom Brady played the Chiefs in the Super Bowl and they kicked their ass and I had to eat it and wear it all off season. This is now any other NFC team that made it, I would be on a total take free role. If the cow always made it in one. I picked the Cowboys all year, right. If the Lions made it in one, I haven't been one of those people calling the Lions frauds like I've been like, hey, that's a good team that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: If Baker made it in one, I almost get more credit than it had, right Uh. If the oh, I guess, if the Eagles had done it, I would have had to be pretty little eagle my face because I had been. But the Eagles were The Eagles had as good a chance of winning three playoff games as the Panthers did the way they looked going into the playoffs, the Packers, I would have just been happy for you, you know what I mean. Nobody's like, oh, Nick, you've hated on the Packers and the Rams. I the last two months, I was saying that I thought they could make the super Bowl out of the NFC. I you know, I picked them to be in the conference championship game.
Speaker 4: Team.
Speaker 2: The Niners are the only one which but it also could be the single best like it Also, there is a game script here where Mahomes drives down the field and gets a quick seven.
Speaker 3: And just where party just folds and all that stuff comes to.
Speaker 2: Light where the Chiefs get an early lead, the Niners make a mistake, or they get stopped, or their crummy rookie kicker misses a field goal, and before you know it, it's ten to nothing Kansas City. And I know the Niners have had comebacks this postseason, right, and then all of a sudden, we have some tip passes, we have some pretty hospital balls, we have some ducks over the middle of the field. Like there is a script where and here's the other thing I'll say about the party stuff. I think the Niners should tamp down the conversation surrounding it for two reasons. One, this guy has a blinked I give him credit. The Super Bowl is going to feel different two weeks leading up to it, staring across the field at Patrick Mahomes, knowing what is at stake for him, for his career, legacy, all of it, It's gonna feel different. Anger's the fact that the biggest storyline going into the game is going to be Here's brock Perty's arc, Here's Tom Brady's arc, Here's Brock Purty's arc, Here's Joe Montana's arc. That's gonna be the storyline. And some you know, tricky television producers are also going to do Here was brock Purty this season, Here's Patrick Mahomes this season. And there is going to be I think, added undue pressure on the kid because his teammates are, you know, so leaning into him being the story. Here's the other thing that I believe is going to happen. I believe some San Francisco forty nine or at media Nite at the Super Bowl is going to say the seemingly innocuous thing that most people would say in this spot, and as soon as they say it, my buddy Bobby Stroup, Patrick Mahomes's personal trainer, will find the clip and tweet it out, which means he sent it to Patrick. And the quote is going to be this San Francisco forty nine or X call it, uh, maybe George Kittle. I think Brock is the best quarterback in the NFL. End quote, And that is not seemingly a shot, but I'm telling you it will be viewed as one.
Speaker 3: And so I think the quarterbacks are even in the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Well, but it will be like the I don't think anyone is going to say the words I think Brock is better than my I don't think they're gonna say that, but I do think someone will say he's the best quarterback in the NFL, which Mahomes is in the NFL. So just you know what I mean, just kind of file that away and we'll see if it happens. Before we get to the Cowboys and Belichick, we have some early contest juries that we can throw up on the screen. Again, tag at What's Right show and use hashtag never a Doubt If you want to try to get one of these free temporary tattoos thousand of cards says, or the House of Cards tweeted A thousand cards tweeted I believe in the Chiefs because of fifteen. Patrick Mowons can't be stopped. I can't say never a doubt for most of the season, but I'll never doubt fifteen again. I appreciate the honesty there, Buddy, the Knitton says, I've been trying to tell everyone that they just won the Super Bowl with the same receiving corps. No one ever listens. I get called fake fan, bandwagoner, et cetera. But It'm really just about the facts. If Mahomes is playing, I'm not betting against him, smart man. And then Dylan Mayle says, why the Kansaity Chiefs are gonna win the Super Bowl? Better coach, better defense, far better quarterback gets throw to the goat tight end. It's really that simple. At What's Right show hashtag never a doubt? Love it, So keep sending those in and we'll pick some winners. What's up to Monsey? Did you want to say somewhere you want to move on to the count?
Speaker 4: No? That was that was That was awesome.
Speaker 3: Guys, don't bet against Patrick Mahomes, but onto the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Uh so Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones, he stirred the pot yesterday and he said that he believes that he and Bill Belichick could definitely work well together.
Speaker 4: I think we're gonna pull up the Coulte board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind we could work together. None. None. Yo, Why did he do this? And should we send him? Never a doubt stand for his new relationship.
Speaker 2: He's out of his mind and not because why would he do that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: It's not that I disagree that he and Belichick could work together, but you Kepta McCarthy, like, could you imagine demonse could could? Like if trying to think of a good example here, if it became very well known that who's a great sports podcaster, I'll use Kevin Clark. I think he's awesome. I think Kevin Clark, he does stuff for Omaha, I think he's awesome. If Kevin Clark was very publicly looking for a new podcasting role and you were very publicly on the hot seat here and I make an announcement, we're bringing Demonsee back. You know what. We didn't like the what how the last year ended, but we're bringing him back. And then A week later, I tell Andrew Marshand, Oh do I think me and Kevin Clark could work well together? You bet your ass? I feel we could absolutely Yeah, No, I have no doubt. Hey, you would then be like wait a minute here, like how old I see? And here's the So here's the Manginie on the show yesterday said he thinks it's more than on the board that Belichick never gets another job.
Speaker 3: That no, I would say the same thing to some of my colleagues yesterday.
Speaker 4: I thought I was insane.
Speaker 2: So he's I mean, he's not going to get a job this cycle. And so then he would be the oldest coach ever in NFL history, oldest head coach a year from now. And that is I that is to me unfathomable. But maybe it's true. Here's the thing that Colin has brought up a bunch that I think Warren's mentioning. There are, in my opinion, five a lister quarterbacks demanse who their head coach starts next year on the semi hot or red hot seat Okay with McDermott, Jalen with Sirianni Dak with uh McCarthy, McCarthy, Trevor with Doug Peterson and Caleb with the head coach of the Bears. I reflus I think all I think any of those five coaches could be fired if next year goes poorly, I would expect at least a couple of them probably to be fired. So unlike this year where there was only one a list quarterback Herbert with a coaching vacancy available, next year there could be a handful. And if you're Belichick, I honestly think the Cowboys of those five potential jobs are the least attractive. I think because of the ownership, because of Dak's contract, and because of some of the things.
Speaker 4: Like it's just like I don't think that's gonna end up going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Well, so that's the concern. That's the concern is exactly that is that the And now maybe Belichick could unlock it. But if if you again, I don't know that he'll have his choice of jobs. But if I were him, the idea of getting Trevor to a higher level, getting Josh to just cut out some of the turnovers, building there, going to Philly, getting Jaalen back to where he was, along with having that d line personnel and the Caleb thing. I don't think the Bears would hire seventy three year old. I think Bill Belichick. That that's why I thought Philly should fire Sirianni and bringing Bill immediately, but they didn't. All right, let's go speaking of coaching. I mean, we're kind of doing this there, but we can get more into it here.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So, obviously there's been a huge coaching fiasco, a lot of jobs opening up, a lot of jobs being closed. Did On Belichick, Carl and Vrabel are still available, obviously, but Ben Johnson managed to stay put. There's one opening left, and it doesn't seem like they're likely to pick any of those guys. How do we go from so many there being so many coaches to coaches being snubbed in an abundance of coaches announces?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know that Ben Johnson thing. You know, it was reported that he wanted crazy money and that that turned some teams off. Vrabel I think is confident he can get a really good job. So when the charger job wasn't there, you went to Harball. He wanted to fall back. I don't know how much of a market there I guess was for Carol and Belichick because of their age. I think that probably works against them. But I also think to reference back to what I said earlier, if you're one of those guys and you believe you can get a job, waiting a year is not the worst idea. Like where if you believe that the Cowboys, Eagles, Bills, those three at least one, if not two, of those three could come open. What was very surprising was no team that made the playoffs fired their coach. That usually happens that a team makes the playoffs, but it was disappointing like what happened with the Eagles, or just falls totally flat on their face, like happen with the Cowboys that despite making the playoffs, they fire their coach, but they didn't. All right, keep the never a doubt, Just tag at what's right show and hashtag never a doubt And you don't have to have what's right show at the front of the tweet. If you want to construct the tweets so all your followers can see it and then tag it on the back end, that's fine as well. Like subscribe rate review on Spotify, iTunes and YouTube and will play a quick game of Nick Right Public Defender next What's Right. Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright, Episode two thirteen. This episode's brought to you by US Bank. Winter can be a drag. Thankfully we have sports to get us through this dreary part of the year. You ask me, nothing goes together like your favorite teams and your favorite foods, especially when it's cold out. You got the NFL Playoffs, got Pro Basketball, you can hang out inside on your couch until it finally gets warm, and the US Bank Altitude Go Visa signature card provides the perfect way to earn rewards, whether watching your team with other fans at a local restaurant or in the comfort of your living room. Earn four times points when you dine out or have food delivered. Maybe order a pizza to watch the game on the big screen TV You've got, and you can earn two times points at grocery stores, which is great if you're staying home and making nachos like we did this weekend. If you're willing to brave the elements, even getting to the game can be rewarding. You'll learn two times points at gas stations and ev charging stations. Go to US Bank slash Altitude Go to learn more about how you can earn twenty thousand bonus points worth two hundred bucks if you spend one thousand dollars in the first ninety days of opening your account. Score big with the US Bank Altitude Go visa signature card, Visit usbank dot Com slash altitude go to apply live every day your way, limited time offer credit or issue of this bank is of this card. Pardon me is US Bank National Association pursued to a license from vc USA, Incorporated. Some restrictions may apply. All right, quick reminder. We are giving away chiefs never a Doubt tattoos, and the way we're gonna do it is we're gonna have you guys hashtag never a Doubt at What's Right Show and say why you should be sent the tattoos. We're gonna pick some of our favorite Just make sure your dms are open and we'll do that. Keep sending up us your tweets or messages at What's Right Show hashtag never a Doubt and we'll read some more of our favorites in the C block. All right, demonse, what are we doing here now? Oh, we've got one we can show. Sorry, all right, let's see I'm seeing the I'm seeing black on my screen, so I can't see that. Okay, Patrick Mahomes reminding the rest of the NFL how many cans of Whoop Pass he saws available. That's a decent meme. That's I don't know what it's from. I'll be honest with you, I'm not sure, but uh shout out.
Speaker 3: I think that's themselves.
Speaker 2: We entered the contest. All right, demonse, Let's go on to the Lebron and the Lakers.
Speaker 3: So we are a week away from the trade deadline, the NBA trade deadline, and Lebron is already tweeting We're going to show those on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hour the hour glass where time is running out, not the hour glass where it just started. That is no right, So the two hour tweet, man, he tweeted the one, yeah that where time is running out.
Speaker 4: Go ahead. Guys are such big babies.
Speaker 3: But you said you don't You said you don't think he'll demand a trade, but still help the Lakers trade him. Would Lebron's legacy take a hit with a mid season trade? Or like maybe that tweet was about Darvin Ham.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it probably was about Darvin Ham. But but firing the coach. The Lakers don't have a move they can make to make them championship caliber, all right, There's just not There isn't one they could improve. They could fire the coach, they could try to acquire Zach Lavine or de Jonte Murray, but I don't know that that makes them championship caliber. It's crazy that Lebron and ad have been healthy all year and they're a five hundred team. I would like Lebron to be traded that he could go. There are three teams out East right now that I think are a tick below championship caliber that if he went there could win the whole thing. The Heat, the Sixers, or the Knicks. I think all three of those teams would be with Lebron good enough to win the title. And if Lebron were to say to the Lakers, because Lebron's a free agent after this year, I'm leaving after this season, so why don't you get something back for me, I think it could be great for all parties. I just don't think he'll do it. I think one of the reasons he won't do it is because I think he wants to be for the rest of this season in Los Angeles so he can watch Bronny play. I think that he's not gonna, you know, he's never done a mid season move where all of a sudden, you know, his daughter and other son, he's not gonna be able to be around them. And I think he takes a lot of pride in the fact that he has honored every contract he's ever signed. He's never asked out, he's never demanded a trade. He has only left teams via free agency when the contract has expired, and so I think he takes pride in it. I do think it's a shame though, this year, because the Lakers are not good enough and uh and he's just so that that's where we're at on the Lakers. Also, NBA don't have the trade deadline be three days before the super Bowl. From just like a content perspective, Push it back to a week after the super Bowl and you'll get all the conversation. I don't undert like. I just think it's bad from a strategy perspective. But go ahead, Demante.
Speaker 3: So dan Quinn just went to the Commander's breaking news.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, oh, I saw that that might be happening. No, no, no, that was good. I'm I'm done with the lebron stuff. I saw this morning that somebody reported that was close. I don't know that that's a great hire for the record, uh, I mean, he's the Cowboys job there until the playoffs. Well, the enemy's not gonna get a job. It would appear like that's another discussion for another day. He wasn't even discussed in this cycle, like he wasn't even one of the people that was getting overlooked the I would love for I'd love for him to come back to the Chiefs. I don't know that he will. The reason I don't know that I love this for the Commanders is they have the number two pick of the draft. They're gonna draft either Drake may or Jaden Daniels. Ideally, I would like to marry him with an offensive coach instead. You're gonna have a scenario where dan Quinn hires an offensive coordinator. If it goes great, then that offensive coordinator will then get plucked away and then the quarterback is on you know what I mean? So here one of the so one of the secrets to the Patriot dynasty was Josh McDaniels was the offensive coordinator left did such a terrible job in Denver that once he got fired, no one wanted him as the head coach, and he eventually went back to New England and Brady got to just even though he had defensive coach have the same offensive mind with him for like another decade, because he wasn't getting any other head coaching jobs until the Raiders got desperate and gave him the job a couple of years ago, once Brady was already gone. So the Chiefs, by the way, have something similar on the other side they was talking about with Spagnolo. Andy hires Spagnolo. Spagnolo's head coaching tenure with the Rams was such a disaster, no one interviews him for head coaching jobs, and Andy can just turn the defense over to him. And while Andy could lose offensive coordinators because he's an offensive minded coach, he can then get more involved. I just the dan Quinn hire is uninspiring in my opinion. Oh, Matt Ford, I met God like a Commanders fan. Matt, you want to jump on the mic, Matt, how are you feeling, buddy, I'm sorry. Like I assume he wanted Ben Johnson.
Speaker 3: He says, anytime you can hire the guy who gave up fifty who gave up fifty points to Jordan Love in a playoff game?
Speaker 2: You have to do it, yeah, I mean he's not coming off a great performance. There's I mean, there's no there's no question there. All right, demonse, let's play public defender.
Speaker 3: We are playing public defender, all right. So the Pro Bowl, the Pro Bowl alternates were announced and Gardner Minshew got selected in the AFC. Oh so you probably thought we were going to have you defend Gardner Minshew making the Pro Bowl. But that's not what we're having you do. You will be making the case for your favorite quarterback getting snubbed, counselor defend your client Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: So I don't think I have to defend him. I think Josh Allen opted out. I think the way the Pro Bowl alternates work is this, if they have to go to an alternate, they call a guy and say, hey, if you're named, will you go, And I think Josh said no, so then they had to go down further down the list. So here is I'm not actually gonna do a public defender on this just because I think it's obviously Josh was better this year than Gardner. It also was a weird spot where Josh was an MVP finalist, uh, but not a pro bowler. Uh. The and the so he was an MVP finalist over Tua, over Mahomes who. Again I'm not saying we're MVPs, but those guys were named the Pro Bowl, Josh wasn't.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Here's would Tyler Hutley not have been worthy of that?
Speaker 4: Last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Last year a mac Jones a couple of years ago. So that that's how those guys end up getting getting in. But now that there's not an actual football game, I don't think we need alternates. I think you name the official roster and if guys don't go or don't show up, then you just adjust the little skills competitions on the fly. I don't think you need alternates. And because it screws up the history books when it's like this guy was a pro bowler and this guy wasn't, like the idea that by Pro Bowl Records Gardner Minshew had a better year this year than CJ. Stroud or Josh Allen and maybe CJ took someone else's spot. I'm not sure is crazy to me?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Next?
Speaker 3: All right, So Kevin Durant returned to Brooklyn for the first time since being traded last night. Even Katie had said, quote, please don't do the night. We will be better off without it in quote. So of course the Nets did anyway to gimmembrate one epic runs of the Eastern Conference, simmis counselor defend your client, the Brooklyn Nets, or this very easy defense.
Speaker 2: In the modern NBA, everybody gets tribute videos. Kevin Durant is, in his short tenure, still one of the greatest players in the history of our franchise. We don't have posts since we've been to Brooklyn around two. Game seven of a round two is the furthest we've ever been in the playoffs. Katie was awesome for us here it didn't end great. And here's the other thing that I will say to defend my client, the Brooklyn Nets. We have a sneaking suspicion that had there been an announcement before Kevin said anything that we were not doing a tribute video, he would have been pissed. So he can go ahead and say, don't do it. I don't need it.
Speaker 4: What out see?
Speaker 3: Why do we counselor sorry, why do we care about Katie being pissed if he demanded a trade out of Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: Why do we care about this guy for you?
Speaker 2: That's no I understand that, But my point is far lesser players have gotten tribute videos. I don't know when we jumped the shark on tribute videos, but now it means, really, did you ever play for us and have any meaning? We're gonna give you a tribute video? And so that's just the hold on. Let me see if I can find the example saddest NBA tribute video, saddest, the well so sad as maybe the hold on worst player.
Speaker 3: Two goo's he didn't get it on YouTube?
Speaker 2: Honestly, all right, Reddit might have an answer here. I mean, yeah, so the Nets did one for Blake Griffin. Think about that. The Nets did a tribute video for Blake Griffin. Oh, I've got a better one. The Cavs did one for little Isaiah Thomas, who was on the team for fifty games before Lebron had him ship. Doubt that not. The Celtics Demanse the Calves did it, and so the people. The Norris Cole got one with the Heat. Now he did win titles with the Heat.
Speaker 3: That might have been the worst one. You listed to be honest. But yeah, but they at least actually.
Speaker 2: Did. I think the Lakers gave Taylor Horton Tucker a tribute video.
Speaker 3: This is my point, man, everybody leaves has a mural out here in La right now.
Speaker 2: Oh so uh oh, the Hawks gave Dwight Howard a tribute video.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Do you even remember Dwight Howard playing for the Hawks. Let me see how many games he played for the Hawks. Dwight played. I'm trying to pull it up right now. Dwight played seventy four games one season with the Hawks. Given tribute video. So this's my point. Everybody gets them all right, next?
Speaker 3: Okay, yesterday, Mavericks Heads coach Jason Kidds said, Lucas past Dirk and is as the best player in the mass franchise history and now is in the realm of Michael Jordan and Lebron James counselor defend your client, Jason kidd.
Speaker 2: This is an open and shutcase of a man desperately trying to make sure Lucas stays that Luca is approaching pre agency, as Simmons has dubbed it, pre free agency the MAVs. You know, my employer. The MAVs have not done a great job building a team around him. Luca's averaged forty twelve and twelve the last few weeks, and we're still barely hanging on to a playoff spot. And I need to throw as many flowers his way as possible because we're terrified that he is eventually going to demand a trade. Obviously, he is not in the realm of Michael or Lebron, and obviously he is not yet past Dirk for the best player in MAVs history. Now, what I will say is, Luca is building a case in all seriousness demands. I'm I'm curious what your immediate reaction is going to be. Luca is building a case that he is one of how do I put it, on track to be one of the three greatest offensive players ever. He is building that case, you know what I mean? That just on and not scoring and creating, because his assist numbers are crazy and is all and so he is not improved enough defensively to ever get in the fort but the yeah, but I mean even the even the top ten all time, He's going to have to the worst defender in the all time pantheon, like top twelve fourteen guys. The worst two defenders are Magic and Steph and I get by the way, similar size, all that stuff. But Magic went to nine finals and won five rings like that. You know that's gonna be. Uh, that's gonna be and one four league MVPs like that or three league MVPs. That's gonna be a tough one for Luca. Uh. But yeah, Jason Kidds just trying to make sure Lucas stays all right.
Speaker 3: Next, the NBA is coming under fire for their sixty five game requirement to be eligible for awards.
Speaker 4: Like MVP in all NBA.
Speaker 3: Now players like Embiide of course and Tyrese Helliberden are likely to miss out on clam claiming those awards due to injuries. Counselor defend your client the NBA.
Speaker 2: Uh, my client in the NBA fell victim to something we often do, the old unintended consequences. The old heart was in the right place, but didn't necessarily see some of the unintended consequences of this. Also, my client in the NBA would like to stand by the sixty five game requirement for League MVP.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: That's legitimate, and if you look at NBA history, the vast majority of MVPs played more than seventy games sixty five shouldn't have been a problem up until recently. The All NBA stuff is trickier because of the money associated with it. So demand's a Tyrese Halliburton has a contract that is going to so it's a five year, two hundred million dollars deal that becomes a five year, two hundred and five forty million dollar deal if he makes the All NBA team this year. So the fact that he's played up to that level but might not make it because he's not going to meet the games restriction, that's brutal and something the NBA should have anticipated and maybe created a workaround for because they're not load managing him. He got hurt, but he's been.
Speaker 3: Awesome, so they should be some type again, right, because like they just incorporated that, right.
Speaker 4: I feel like with that.
Speaker 3: Just being yes being put in that they'll create some type of structure to make it to where guys, we'll get some type of pass for that because Hylburton obvious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so they they they kind of maybe took uh, you know, a sledgehammer where you needed a scalpel With all that said, the load management stuff is it's such a disaster for the league and they need to find a way to get their arms around it. I don't think they've gotten it exactly right yet. All Right, we're gonna keep doing our tattoo giveaway. I'm gonna remind everyone about that, and we're going to answer some of your listener questions. We'll do that next What's Right. All right, welcome back in What's Driving the Right Episode two thirteen. Again, we're doing something we've never done before. We're doing a giveaway. You can get a temporary never a Doubt tattoo if you're you know, believe in the Chiefs for this Super Bowl against the Niners. All you gotta do is tweet at What's Right show, include the ashtag never a Doubt and why you believe in the Kansaity Chiefs for the Super Bowl against the Niners. We have your dms open, we'll pick some of our favorites. We'll send them out to you guys before the Super Bowl, and then also if you're in the New York area, we'll do maybe a giveaway here at Trentage and maybe we can set something up with demanse for the people out on the West coast. Mike Brand says, never dow the Chiefs when you have potentially greyst player ever plays most important position bet the farm and him every time Cherry on tops having two goats at their position with Kelsey and Reid love it. So that's a good tweet from Mike Branch, lifelong BattleHawks fans, says defense looked amazing all year. It was clear reading Mahomes figured out how to make this at least a competent offense by January. That is exactly right, and it's why I believe in them all year.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 2: And someone that I can't see, because there we go. Ryan Hodges has been riding since day one, and my Marcus Allen Jersey, all right, he definitely should get one.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Good job by him. All right, demons, let's read some listener questions before we wrap up the show.
Speaker 3: Mkill Clinton's asking the good stuff, Nikhill, Clinton, francis no disrespect, he said, Nick, are you concerned that Andy, Reid and Mahomes aren't gonna have more than ten years together to run the dynasty like Belichick and Brady did.
Speaker 4: Heat So.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, I'm not concerned. There's been a Andy Reid retirement rumors floated repeatedly by Florio and then all I saw that the other day, people were like, oh, someone else has chimed in, and it was Michelle Tafoya. What that, guys, I'm here to tell you that the idea that Michelle Tafoya would have insight on what Andy Reid er Patrick Mahomes is doing. I mean, I say this with I guess a modicum of respect, but if it's not some moral panic about what books are available in your kid's school library, Michelle Tafoya is not your go to source on anything these days, all right, And then so I just I don't think Andy is retiring. And if you remember, when Mahomes agreed to the ten year contract, he said that Andy told him he would stay as long as the contract. Now, I don't know if Patrick's gonna keep Andy to that, but Patrick's got nine years left on the deal or eight years left on the deal. And so I the I'm not worried about any of the key pieces leaving. Well, that's not true. Chris Jones could leave, So I'm not worried about Travis. I'm not worried about Travis leaving. So I'll tell you why. Well, maybe just one. But so the Chris Jones could leave in free agency and Lugarious Sneid could leave in free agency, it would be shocking if the Chiefs could bring him both back. I love both those players, Love both those players. Chris has been the best defensive player since Derek Thomas for the Kansas City Chiefs, and Snead's one of the best draft picks of this era, fourth round pick, turning into maybe the best corner in football. Snead also has had a life full of tragedy. I mean, the if people go back and read about Sneid, there was I yeah, I mean it's public record. But Lagarius Snead, there was an article written about him about three years ago, two and a half years ago about how so many members of his family died early or were murdered. And in that article he talks about how his brother basically led him through this and got you know what I mean, looked over him, helped him all of it. And like two months after that article came out, that brother was killed. So Snead has had a very very rough go of it. Has not made real money in the league. I mean, he's been I understand it's all relative, but he's played in the NFL for four years. He's made just under four million dollars. So I hope Lagarius Snead gets every dollar he possibly can get and can help set up who you know what I mean. And so those guys might be gone, and he's not going anywhere, and Travis is having too much fun, is still too good in the playoffs. And here's the other thing. I think Taylor loves going to these games too much. I think that Taylor is being like Taylor is not fake supporting Travis at these games. This is Wilde's take, but it is the right take. Wild's take is life is high school, and in high school, Taylor Swift was the band girl that the jocks didn't pay any attention to. And now she's dating the star of the football team and having the time of her life. And so the well, yeah, yeah, the co star of the football team. And so this idea that, oh, Travis is gonna retire because of the I think the only reason people think Travis might retire is because he's so famous now and has so many other opportunities. Because of the Taylor Swift relationship. I think Taylor loves it, and so I don't think he's retiring. I just don't. I mean, he has said he's not retiring. After the game, he said to Mahomes, I could do this another eleven years. That obviously isn't true. But he's too good still, right.
Speaker 3: I wasn't saying because of just fame got too rich. I was just saying, like, how much longer can he do it? She's like physically, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Giving him the first couple months of next season off. Here's the other thing, though, demanse, if they win Sunday, they have a chance to be the greatest team ever. Yeah, because no team is ever threepeeded, and so that if they win Sunday, I wonder yeah, And but I also wonder if that makes Chris Jones more likely to come back, if they can work something out where it's like, guys, rue, we can you know what I mean? The like, Chris now is not a lock Hall of famer. He's not. I don't even think right now he is a likely Hall of famer because he doesn't have the individual accolades yet he only has a couple all pros, you know, it's a tough position. The Yeah, he only has two All pros. Well, he only has two first team All Pros. He does have three second team All Pros. So maybe he is a Hall of Famer. I'm not sure. But if he is the star of a defense, that three peats changes a lot of things. So we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to.
Speaker 3: No, so I'll just go into the next question. Yeah, oh yeah, sorry. Brandon Thompson says Vandy Reid did retire. Who would be your ideal head coach coach that you want to have coaching?
Speaker 4: Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: So if I would be absolutely fine with this setup, Bill Belichick, you can come be the head coach of the Chiefs. You can maybe pass Brady in Super Bowls. You can get Shula's record. However, you need to bring in to run the offense, Eric b Enemy, and the enemy can be the potential coach in waiting. You have to keep Steve Spagnolo running the defense, and Brett Beach has to keep running the team. You are the head coach and head coach alone. If that couldn't happen, then I would hire the enemy. I well, I would talk to Mike Vrabel, but I would hire the enemy, and I would say, you have a relationship with everyone. Patrick's gonna help Spags is gonna run the defense, and we'll let you do it all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Andrew Simpson says, Hey, Nick, hypothetical, I would love to hear you talk about Fields to Miami for first and Tua to Vikings. Give h McDaniels a higher ceiling quarterback and gets the Vikings and out for Cousins, who says, no, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well, listen, nobody's trading a first round or for Fields. You might be able to get a good too. I don't think you're gonna get a first I also think Miami is gonna run it back with Tua, just not give him a contract. I think that their situation is that we thought this year was gonna be the year or two, you know, proved whether or not he was worth the contract. I think they're gonna let him play out his fifty year option and see I don't think also there's a great market for him in the trade market. And if you're in Minnesota, you kind of already had the good but not great limited quarterback. And I think they're gonna bring back Kirk I think the only hope for Kirk being so nowhere else was if the Niners fell totally flat in the playoffs and Shanahan, who's always wanted Kirk winning, got him. But that's not what happened here, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, this name confused me. Originally thought it was Marcus Valdez Scanling, but Marcus Valdez as me. Does Josh Allen deserve more credit for his game versus Kansas City considering Lamar's performance being far worse.
Speaker 2: Well, I here's what I will say. I do think Lamar's performance against Kansas City put Josh back in the pole position to be considered the second best quarterback in football. I think that the fact that Tua did nothing against this Chiefs defense, Baltimore did nothing against this Chiefs defense, and Josh had a decent game with obviously some mistakes, but a decent game I didn't get put him back in the pole position at least until we see Burrow back healthy. All Right, I gotta go, gotta go to do TV. Demon's keep healing up. Great job today, Great job by the Blue Duck folks. Sorry for producer Matt and the Commanders, but maybe Dan Quinn will be great. This time he did get to a Super Bowl as a head coach. Don't forget that with Atlanta they did, of course obviously blow it. I will talk to you guys on first things first today at three o'clock. Don't forget. Keep sending those tweets at What's Right show hashtag never a doubt, and like rate subscribe reviews, especially on YouTube. See you guys later.
Speaker 4: What's Right?
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Nick right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demonsey's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers to help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And your audio listeners, people that have commutes, drives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out. Appreciate you