Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Players Louds on a Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Let's ride, Let's ride. You know, let's trying to fool you. Let's trying to pull you out with the outfit.
Speaker 4: You got that head, look at you say, shout out, going to staying out.
Speaker 5: Here ready, Cowboys, Barry Church, former Cowboys, We Scruggs, Charles Haley hanging out.
Speaker 2: I didn't hang out with Charles man were he had on the field. Yeah he was, you know, I don't know. I saw him coming in.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: The locker trying to get to the locker room, trying to keep my head down and keep going, keep going. So yeah, there you go, forty nine ers week here. I'll dive in a little bit of locker room with just some conversations I had here. But let us start with something that had put posed to us in the topics. The brock Pretty Magic has not had a turnover they are four No. There were some people questioning whether or not the off season when he was coming off an injury, would he be okay? Would people now have tape on Brock party, would he be that guy? He's proving to be a good football So, Hank ma Harrison A pretty magic what you got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's only one way to reverse this is and force this guy into some turnovers, because right now he looks squeaky clean. You look at his record as a starter eight to no. I believe it is as a starter, and it just grows as he every game that he plays. And at some point it's got to come to an end, right, It's got to stop. And you think this Dallas Cowboy defense is up the task to stop him. They have one of the best defenses in so do we. And I think for dan Quinn that is the bigger question. When you look at Brock Prairide's numbers, they're not anything overwhelming. I mean, twenty one passes, twenty one completions, twenty five passes. It's very conservative from a look standpoint on what you would consider to be an elite quarterback standpoint.
Speaker 3: But he's only going to be.
Speaker 4: Judged based off of his wins and losses, and they don't care nothing about his defense being as outstanding as they are. But I think this is the week that if you're dan Quinn, you've got to force this quarterback into making some bad decisions.
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 4: You can't allow him to sit back there. This is a true West Coast style offense, and for some reason, Shanahan has a battery in his kids back. He doesn't like mechanics. He's not off on his mechanics, he's not off on his time. He's delivering throws at not late behind or anything like that. So there has to be something to his game that says, this guy's a second year pro and it's not like he's a ten year guy. There has to be something in his game that dan Quinn is dissecting right now as we speak to say, this is what we gotta do to get this guy off of his square and at least take this perfect record away from him. Listen, it ain't gonna happen unless you stop to run. What if we all we've known this about Shanahan for I don't know how long. So creative with the run game, and that opens up everything else. How many passes did Jimmy Garoppolo have to throw in that Super Bowl loss that they had, Like they needed him to complete ten pas and they in the game.
Speaker 3: They go the whole season like that, all right.
Speaker 4: So for Brock Party, when you play on a team like San Francisco, who has a great defense, who has a good offensive line, who has a great play caller, who has a good running game, your job is to essentially manage the game and then when they call on you get out there and make some plays.
Speaker 3: And he's been able to do that, which is to me, like.
Speaker 4: That's why it doesn't matter like where you get drafted at, it's what you do when you get your opportunity. And we've seen it. This dude is proven, Like he's more than just a game manager. If you put the game on his back, he can go out there and he can win it for him. So dan Quinn's gonna have I mean, he's got a lot of work to do, but it starts with stopping that run because if you don't, then the whole playbook is open for Shanahan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, without a doubt, I'm with both of y'all on this man.
Speaker 4: When you look at Party, I thought you know, early on, I'm thinking, Okay, this guy's just you know, he's a product of the system. You know, we've seen Shanahan do this with Garoppolo, We've seen him do it. Shoot, even Sam Donald looked good in this system when he came over doing training camp. But now I'm starting to believe that brock Purty he may be. I'm not saying he's that guy, but he's a good quarterback. Like you said, he's a little bit more than a bus or a driver out here at this point. I think he makes those crucial throws, and like you said, his accuracy is on point. You rarely see him throwing into something that's congested, and it's always having his wide receivers or his tight ends back. You don't see his tight ends or wide receivers getting blown up out there because he's protecting him by the way he's throwing the football. So he understands the dynamics of throwing the football and making sure he's protecting his receivers out there. But the one thing I think he's yet to be tested on is basically putting it, like you said, all on his shoulders. What team has stopped McCaffrey yet, I mean not this year. Ain't nobody stopped the man yet. He got over nine hundred scrimmage yards and we're week five, so he's balling.
Speaker 3: No one has yet to shut him down.
Speaker 4: But I think, like you said, mcraig, when it comes down to it, you got to stop the run. You got to figure out a way because you can't stop McCaffrey. You gotta figure out.
Speaker 3: Way they get me anyway.
Speaker 4: He just got to hope to contain the man, and no team has yet to do that. If the Cowboys can do it and put it on brock Party shoulders, I think he could come back to the earth and to piggyback on your point, you got to stop mcanther in the past game too, because that's exactly it. Brock Party passing the Christian McCaffrey is all of it. It's part of it as well. So it's not just flat routes. His angle routes is will rols, is whips like all that and all that is a part of the passing game and brock Party making the right decisions when he has when he has the opportunity to. So, like I actually I'm believing in brock Party. I think he's a good quarterback. Anybody that goes out there with that type of record against that type of competition over two years span at this point of like end of last year and then into this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a good quarterback. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because we live in Big twelve country, you've probably seen it. Brock Party when he played at Iowa State was a good quarterback. I mean, although he had Breese Hall as his running back. You know, that makes things that doesn't show you like how he operates in the system where he has a great quarterback, I mean, a great running back.
Speaker 3: But I agree with you.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not about just shutting Christ McCaffrey down and running the ball. It's also and that's what makes him so dynamic and why we're talking about him at length like this. But I think for this Cowboys defense, they've relied heavily on the turnovers. They have forced some bad quarterbacks into some turnovers, some bad situations.
Speaker 3: How do you force this guy to do that?
Speaker 4: How do you make him throw that Matt Jones Daniel Jones lollipop across the field?
Speaker 3: Across the field. That's what we need, That's what we need this game.
Speaker 2: Rock Perty understands who he is, which which is that that to me is a part of what makes him really good. He knows he's not gonna go out here and being Aaron Rodgers. Kyle Shanahan also has figured out who needs to play for him, the reason why RG three couldn't play for and Johnny Manziel couldn't play for. But outside of Matt Ryan, who won an MVP, these are the kind of guys he likes. Can you just execute the offense and do what I need you to do? It's why I love Kirk Cousins Rock Purty's doing that. Jimmy Garoppolo couldn't stay healthy enough to do it. But when Jimmy did go, Jimmy's record was in San Francisco, it was a winning, winning record. So he wants to play a great defense. He wants to run the football, and I'm asking you as my quarterback to make plays. Now this is not make sure I say this the right way. When Troygman was a quarterback here, Troyman could have put up, you know, three hundred yards passing its. But that's not what Jimmy asked him to do. That wasn't the offense. We run the football, play good defense, make it those on third down, and nobody did it better than Troy won in most games in the nineties. In some ways, that's what they're asking Brock Party to do here. It's almost that Troy Aikman effect. I mean, I don't make any mistakes here. I talked to Michael Parsons in the locker room and he spoke about Party's ability to use his legs, and actually it was Deron Blaine who I talked to about. That's That's one thing for me when I look at Brock Purty this week, I am I'm concerned about because it's a matter of all right, it's third and six or third seven. I just figured out how to just get up here, pick up a first down and keep going. And it's not it's not gonna be Michael Vick, but just enough to keep the chains moving here. He's a smart football player and understands exactly what Kyle Shanahan wants to do, and that Heck is going to be. The interesting thing is how do you get him off the spot? Is it by getting a big lead?
Speaker 3: Now? What do you do?
Speaker 2: Because he's not going to give the game away. He ain't gonna do that. And that's that's the challenge for dan Quinn and Mike and everybody else. What is that formula? How do you beat rock Perty right now? Because Rock Perdy is not out here giving it up like Mac Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mag Jones to have some struggles, says that man Tom got him out of that. They haven't been able to figure it out at all. Remember I think it was two years ago. Man, I forget the receivers. They win God, but they made a bunch of moves in the off season, spent a lot of money. Everybody was like, yeah, that's Bill. Bill got it right. Ain't none of them dudes playing out ain't nothing. Now I see the dude go go to the charges to get paid. When I saw I thought that was it. I was like, man, it's not a Brafoods already. They brought him right back. That Patriots in the system though, that is that is I mean, and you look at Shanahan's system and you take a quarterback like Mac Jones that has his limitations. Hell, he can maneuver this offense if you give him those kinds of weapons and just say play within this And let me just say this, man, Look, it's one hundred and sixty starting offensive lineman in the National Football League. It may be thirty decent ones for real right now with the way that don't.
Speaker 3: Even get me started on offensive lineman. But they got one of the best, so they got they got the best one right.
Speaker 4: Now, number seventy one. If you just watch, no, he he's a difference maker. He says the tone tackle like that. I'm sorry, I gotta say tackle before because we got Zach more than our score, you know, left tackle. They got that. But when you highlight yes, when you look at him and the way that he is out there maul and getting to the second level, like he's not only a big physical guy, he has great feet and he can get to the second level and he just terrorizes guys.
Speaker 3: And it comes to a certain point in the game we're just like.
Speaker 4: Damn, he is gonna keep coming over and over and over again. And then you couple that with the tight ends and so when I look at this game plan for Shanahan's probably the same thing that Mike is thinking because of how aggressive our defense is. And I don't know if you guys agree with this or not, You're gonna have to get the Dallas Cowboys defense in some misdirection, you have to use their aggressiveness against them on some screens, some counters they hadn't been able to handle the counters and things like that. I expect a lot of that from the forty nines because if you watch them on tape, that's just really they have so many different ways that they play.
Speaker 3: When you look at them.
Speaker 4: Versus Arizona, they just punched Arizona in the face and just powered over them.
Speaker 3: They can't.
Speaker 4: I don't believe they can come with that same game plan for the Dallas Cowboys because of how much we have upfront and in the second level. But it doesn't worry that these guys might be able to on them a little bit, like if they're able to go out there and establish a run game any not even'm talking about a hundred fifty yard but established somewhat of a running game. Does it worry you that this defensive line that we had, we live and we eat off of stunts in our speed and being able to penetrate if those guys get rolling you, you think that's a that could be a mismatch. That's the first test. That's gonna be the first check mark you make when when they're on offense. If you start to see Osa going backwards, you start seeing Gallimore and guys like that getting push sideways, then you're gonna, oh man, oh, now that's gonna be the first thing that you see when you watch this game.
Speaker 3: It's who's winning up front.
Speaker 4: But the think one good thing with the Cowboys though, the thing that beats counters and beats pulling guards is early penetration. So if we're able to hit those stunts and knock off some pulling guards, that don't open up a lot for that.
Speaker 3: Second level with LVO card.
Speaker 4: Those stunts scare me, That's what I said, The stunts that we ran against Arizona, those those type of those type of the movement on the defensive line. It scares me when you have the misdirection that you have with a team like San Francisco, because you can get out of position so quick just based off off a call, and then your ability to have to then redirect to get back on the path to get you in the play. Like everybody don't have that. Michael hars Is like, yeah, but like everybody doesn't have that. D Law has it. But as you're rotating guys, it just takes one or two plays for you to be out of position like that and that gap open up, and all of a sudden, you see Christian McCaffrey coming right right at you like that, like like how how am I gonna do this? That's the worst position for the safety to be in, right here in your back pedal, right, and he charged them like man, So dan Quiz is gonna have to get creative. But this is the type of game these these guys live for, though, right a Shanahan versus the dan Quinn trying to figure out who can who can win that chess match like that, that is like one of the most exciting parts of the game. And we're gonna get to see it first hand Sunday night. Talk to me, it ain't.
Speaker 3: Gonna be just. It ain't gonna be just the Q though.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be under the microscore talking about coming because he's gonna have you gonna have to know you're right. Was a test, the first test he had this season. I ain't gonna say I ain't gonnaive him a passing grade on that. When we talk about Arizona, ain't gonna say it was it was trash. But I ain't gonna give him you know. See, you see, I ain't gonna.
Speaker 3: Give a passing grade. He failed it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: The man was one for four in the red zone.
Speaker 4: Man, I mean that's That's a game where the team needed the offense to do something right and was he.
Speaker 2: Able to get the job done.
Speaker 3: This is a big time test.
Speaker 4: That's that's all I'm saying, not only for d Q, but for McCarthy as well.
Speaker 2: Let's get the break. Let's get to our first break.
Speaker 3: Give him some sugar for this is a test. This is a test, man.
Speaker 2: I asked Michael Parsons about Rodney Hares.
Speaker 3: We're friends.
Speaker 2: Let's touch it on it talking about it next right here, all the players lives brought to you byos on Dallas Cowboys dot Comrade.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 2: Snapped the fresh guy who looks right and you're not there. He escaped flip He'll walk.
Speaker 3: Full first down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Rush Scot's gonna run this ship show, running up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King.
Speaker 3: And Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with us II and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola, and his savory peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parson to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The Bowld Unique Apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smeirenoff. We do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 9: Back to the players lounge.
Speaker 3: This is your favorite one right here.
Speaker 4: Join us at Middle Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium on October seventh and eighth for world class barbecue from pitt mashes across the country. Why enjoying live entertainment and libations at Q Barbecue Fest Dallas this October. The only thing hotter than the Dallas Cowboys will be thirty thousand pounds of brisket, chicken pull, pork and ribs smoking at Mill of Lighthouse when some of the biggest names in barbecue come together at Q bb Q Fest. Tickets are on sale now at tea geek dot com, the official ticket and provider of AT and T state be at the fest tasty at the time.
Speaker 3: Right after you so sad you can't make where you're gonna be at San Francisco bb and Q. Fascint? Do I have fun?
Speaker 2: Man, I'll be eating in a restaurant with a lobster roll, eating at meat.
Speaker 4: Man thirty grand, thirty pounds of brisket.
Speaker 3: We ain't talking about We're talking about brisket here.
Speaker 2: Guys plays, Louns players, louds brought to you by Tostitos. Thank you for the reaparison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was great. That was great, Former.
Speaker 4: Players, bone.
Speaker 2: Bury Church, y'all get war war out of every single day.
Speaker 3: Man. I come on to say, y'all get war war out of pocket. Man. That's a night shirt like the purpose. I like one of them. What's the what's my man? In a good morning America?
Speaker 4: He making some nice shirts though the defensive man for the Giants light shirt man.
Speaker 3: I never checked them out. They're not expected enough for shirts, but I probably go get that's right up my alley.
Speaker 2: Right, this is this is the issue online got it got online for like maybe ninety five bucks. But I designed it. I designed all that was anyway, was worked worked for TV.
Speaker 3: That was a.
Speaker 2: Church is more expensive than ninety five that's that's that's wrong issue. They pitched that to him over to Big Michael.
Speaker 5: You brought up you brought up Rodney Harrison, my guy, you got your friend?
Speaker 2: Yes, my guy, right, who'll probably call me later today or tomorrow. He always calls him when the Cowboys play. To get kind of scattered. So Michael Parsons went on his social media and he was not happy with Rodney Harrison had to say about Zach Wilson and defended him very much. Someone had asked Micah about this during the media session and he answered and he kind of basically said the same thing. I think people shouldn't use their platforms like that. And I asked him the question because as he's talking John to me, Oh yeah, Rodney will be there at Leavi Stadium because they do that that well, the post, they do that post where they bring the players on and so I asked him, I said, uh.
Speaker 3: Were you talking to Rodney afterwards? Or would you decline?
Speaker 2: He said, no, I go talk to him. I don't hate the guy, but I go talk to him. So it's like okay, and then Tad Carfer is right behind me. The cowboys pr guys like, make that happen?
Speaker 3: Did you tell Michael? Did you like? Why didn't you say?
Speaker 4: Hey, are you going to go talk to my friend Rodney?
Speaker 3: Arena talk to my friend Rodney?
Speaker 2: You got that?
Speaker 3: Did you just leave that out?
Speaker 2: Like obviously you don't understand how these immediate things work. It wouldn't have been the right time. Hey, my friend he's getting copy. Now that's not that's that's what.
Speaker 3: Telling about your friend Bart. Next time, my.
Speaker 2: Friend brother Steven A.
Speaker 3: Smith. Let friends out here, wall.
Speaker 4: Crank no, no, shout out the Michael boy, Hey Michael, bring me up.
Speaker 2: Friends, listen to the players line.
Speaker 3: Now you got to take in the locker room.
Speaker 4: When they found out your friends gonna get shut be like, no, we ain't the same way.
Speaker 2: I also, I saw seventy seven to talk to him.
Speaker 3: Here's the locker room playing. Wouldn't give me anything. You can't give me.
Speaker 2: You don't know Jerry, say you if he's like, yeah, I gotta keep in guessing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, say that, hold on, hold on, hold on big time, Richard.
Speaker 10: I shouldn't tell you wait a second, he said, I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: Got to keep guessing.
Speaker 2: By keeping them gainst him. Yeah, you need a bulletproof vest coming in this year.
Speaker 3: That's good shirt.
Speaker 2: Shirt might as well be read by the time.
Speaker 3: I can't straight you know that he's ever yet. I gotta keep.
Speaker 2: He smiled. Smile, he smiled, and walking away, he smiled.
Speaker 3: We see what a straight ba.
Speaker 2: He smiled and smiling.
Speaker 3: When you get it, man, I'm smiling.
Speaker 4: All right, man, I'm done that. What he was doing, what he said, Man, that's so good. You know, he was so many different avenues. I'm gonna just leave it alone, though. I leave that one along. Keep us guessing, keep us guessing, saving all your teammates all keep everybody guessing able to take us all day.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to provide laughs like Eddie Murphy, provide you guys all the last class.
Speaker 3: All right, keep us guessing it, gonna keep them guessing. Man, all right, all right, we're good, good.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: That's the one I sweating. I knew go with this man. I got that. I'm bloody up right.
Speaker 2: Let's take our second brand. Let's just take us, just come back. We gotta get two breaks in no matter what. Back on the plans lines with Bury Church Heck my hairs.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollar order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped a prushout who looks white.
Speaker 3: It's not there. He escaped slap. He'll run for a punch down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands since twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 11: Prescott's gonna run this him show, run it up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: To kick off the.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic A pair collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to.
Speaker 6: Be a boss.
Speaker 7: Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys smear enof we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: To the players lounge.
Speaker 4: Make a Crucial cat this year and join the boys in the fight against cancer with the twenty twenty three Crucial Catch collection Had to pro Shop had to appro shop near you or log onto Shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com and help save a life today. To find your local screening center, visit Crucial Catch dot cancer dot org.
Speaker 3: Thank you, heck Hairson players lines cancer sucks.
Speaker 2: The players are Barry Church name.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm Snowball and I come back, bro. I bounce back, saying today now you don't know how to shake back this? Come on you all right?
Speaker 3: Twenty three of them lockdown, dak.
Speaker 2: As you said, Hekma said. Questions about the forty nine ers are starting to get on his nerves a little bit. Did they understand what to do? And so what do we expect number four to.
Speaker 3: Do about it?
Speaker 4: Expecting them ball out? I expect him to go out there and I don't have to. I don't think he's gonna put it on his shoulders. I don't think he's gonna do that, because that's what happened last year. When they put it on his shoulders, they threw the ball forty sometimes. We all saw what happened, all right. It wasn't what the Cowboys needed. So I think he'll have an efficient game. I don't think he'll turn the football over. But overall, I think those red zone struggles, I think they continue. Now. I'm not saying that's all on Dak. We're all on McCarthy as a whole team together. They got to execute. But if he's able to move the ball in between the twenties and be efficient, they got a chance. But to get the W they're gonna have to do something more in the red zone. They can't walk away from every single red zone trip with a field goal. That's just not gonna win up there in San Francisco. All Right, I'll keep you in the game, but eventually we all know if Kyle Shanahan gets down there, he's gonna execute and they're gonna get the touchdown. So you're gonna have to keep up. So to me, this is gonna be a test, Like I said, for McCarthy and Dak as well. You know all going, well, Dak can't just go up there and be a bus drive. He's gonna help it on this older that he's gonna look at a certain point. I think we all are looking for him to do that he had to do. Here's the thing, here's a deal. In the in the last in the last playoff game, you needed Dak to make a play. You didn't need him to turn the ball over, but you needed him to make a play. You needed him to make a throw. That's what I'm talking. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, I thought you may like go out there, you know forty five. No, no, no, I'm not saying no, no, no, no, I'm not saying play hero ball. I'm saying you're gonna have to make completions. You're gonna have to have those drives of eight nine played, drives at such clock, all those things that you're gonna have to cash it in with points at the end of the day. You can't just be a part of the game play where you just handing the ball off making Deacon. It's not gonna happen like that. Because this forty nine is defense is too good You're gonna have to find a hole in his defense somewhere and expose these guys.
Speaker 3: Wherever the hell that is. That's what he's studying right now.
Speaker 4: And when we start talking about the elite quarterbacks, you see him, Joe Burrow in his young career.
Speaker 3: He does it.
Speaker 4: You know it a couple of years ago. Yeah, spek the AC Championship. But I'm saying you seen guys, Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: What's the conversion rate on the red zone that you say they have to get to.
Speaker 4: I mean, when I look at the red zone right now, all this telling me is that this team is getting close, not scoring, but boy, once they start cashing in on at least fifty percent of those, that may be your Arizona that may be a victory in Arizona.
Speaker 3: You can't trade field goals. I'm with you on this.
Speaker 4: You just can't get down there kick field goals. So let's say if you're six times in the red zone, you gotta cash in three of them.
Speaker 3: You gotta go fit there. I ain't gonna lie to y'all, man.
Speaker 4: I'm if we get down there and our defense plays how they how we expect them to play, how they played last year in the playoffs, and we can get two touchdowns out of six, and we in the rest of the drives with kicks, I think that we still get to win. I think one that's a domination formost that is that we get we get down there, we get down in the red zone often, all right, So you get down there six times, you score two touchdowns, kick field goals on the rest of them. That's not that's not out of the out of the realm, but possible. The people in the back tell them, but in the high red. But listen, and then people are taking off that that fade route to CD, that's a high red. That's a high red. I'm gonna count that as a red zone as a red zone play. They throw the fade that's what That's what we needed them to do based off what happened in the previous game of like, hey, we got to complete those fade routes for touchdown. Nobody's going to count that as a red zone play. But when I'm looking at it as a as a defensive coordinator, I'm saying, well, in the red zone, they like to throw the fade rout. So the conversion rates and the stats and all that are a little different. But if we go out there and we perform that way, we complete those fade routes, we figure out our way to move it down inside the twenty, and if we don't get anything, if we don't score touchdown, we can kick a field goal. Let our defense go out there and play. I think the game last year would be different if we can go out those type of points. So if our defense plays the way they're supposed to play or how Mike McCarthy expects them when we go into the season, Mike McCarthy says, hey, we're gonna be a defensive team.
Speaker 3: Don't go out here.
Speaker 4: Against San Francisco and all of a sudden try to change you because of what happened over the last two years. Okay, go out here and stick to your guns. Let your defense play, and I think we can win that game.
Speaker 2: So the game plans, and you tell me if I'm crazy. The game plans. The last two times that they've gone up against the forty nine ers have been fine. The execution has not. With three minutes to go in the fourth quarter where your offense is not go down the field and get a game. Can you be better this year because you have better receivers and Tony Pollard who got hurt in that game, and that hurt, they had no playmakers after that. It was just CD by himself and they took that away. So can you in some ways just say, guys, we know what to do, we know how to we know how to beat them. We just have to execute it. Is it that simple?
Speaker 3: Can Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think so based off the that you've played. You know, the first first quarter of the season. Hey, we go out there, we play defense, right, We don't go out there and try to try to reach and search for plays and try to manufacture offenses.
Speaker 3: Go out there and stick to our guns.
Speaker 4: Run the ball, play action, and when we get down into the red zone, throw some fades, hopefully complete them. If you don't kick field goals. I think if you stick to that recipe, then you have a chance to win. He doesn't guarantee you a win, but that's your best bet at going out there to get the dub versus a old Killing Moore type of offense where you go out there and you say, Dak, we're gonna throw it fifty times, we're gonna run at twenty and we're gonna see what happened. That's what I think. That's what to gets you in trouble because that throws the whole rhythm of the game. First you score or you don't score, and all of a sudden you get some quick three and outs, and then now your defense is looking at you like, hey, bro, hey, we've been out here with Christian McCaffrey and these dudes. You know what I'm saying. Ten plays on the last droved. We need you'all to go out there and give us a break. Can you manufacture one of those ten play drops? He just attacked little brush?
Speaker 3: So do you want to go on?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: Go ahead. We said something about if you want to take it about what knu he just said.
Speaker 4: Last year's game plan was good, right, It was just the execution that that's exactly what my man did and the injuries.
Speaker 3: They were running the ball just fine. The game plan was just fine. Last year.
Speaker 4: When Tony Poler was striking, we still had Zeke back there. Did he produce anything in the room. No, he did not, So I think the game plan was good last year. In my opinion, it was good. They were rolling with it.
Speaker 3: Doctor Schultz got the first touchdown. They were rolling with it.
Speaker 4: The injuries happened, and then what happened with execution, We turned the football over.
Speaker 3: I feel like if they stick with.
Speaker 4: That same type of game plan going into this game where we have that slew of running backs, that committee, if you want to call it, Tony Poler getting his fifteen to eighteen touches, you throw into rinc o'dowell, Yeah, ric o'dowall, did you put in turping a couple of times here and there. I think that can establish a nice running game right there. And it's all gonna come down to, I hate to say it, but executing in the passing game. Because we ain't gonna say that run the ball sixty times. I mean, that's just not gonna happen. Four is gonna have to go out there and he's gonna have to execute at a high level against a good defense. So that's what it's gonna come down to. We understand what the defense is. The defense is, in my appar'ing, gonna watch each other out.
Speaker 3: You know. San Francisco is gonna play well, Dallas is gonna play well.
Speaker 4: It's gonna come down to the quarterbacks execution and right now, Party, he hasn't thrown the ball. He hasn't taken it or he hasn't had a turnover in the entire season, and he's playing like we all talked about in the first segment. The guy's playing well as far as accuracy and getting the ball to his playmakers. I think it's gonna come down to those two guys to see who was this game. And I know we keep saying the same game playing this last season, and I want to make sure that I'm clear on saying this. I do believe that San Francisco has gotten better than they were last year. So us going out there and doing the same alone, Yeah, we can't go out there and do the exact same thing, fact same type of concepts. Yes, we gotta go out there and we got to execute better, but we also have to bring some new stuff because this is the NFL and they're gonna be looking at tape and saying, this is how you stop the Dallas Cowboys. Oh they struggle in the rez on hell, they might let you drive all the way to the twenty five. Like, you never know what type of game plan they're gonna come with, So don't come with the same game plan. You have to come with more physicality than you came with the last time season.
Speaker 3: That's a big one.
Speaker 4: And if I'm hearing this right, basically what you're saying is points are going to be at a premium and it's not gonna be boat racist by a long shot. If you look up and this is a seventeen to ten and it sounds about right. As far as a defensive struggle, it's gonna be a defensive game. That's why you got to play this game clean. That's why turnover. Whoever turned the ball over may lose this game. That may be the situation. That's why taking care of the ball is so important, and that's why things like running the ball is so important. It's equally as important for the Dallas Cowboys because they have this this San Francisco defense. If they make you one dimensional, you're done if there's no balance. And that's why Mike has to hurry up and find his balance in the running game, in the passing game immediately. And he can't deviate from it because it doesn't matter you up down. You have to stick to the game plan. And it's gonna come down to, like I said, Dak is going to have to make a play. He needed to make a play went on the play that he missed Ceedee Lamb in the playoff game where he's wide open on my other guy.
Speaker 3: That yall, you know, these the receivers that we have, guys like they have to show up. This can't be.
Speaker 4: Ceedee Lamb can't be a one trick pony in this game. Michael Gallup can't be as well. Brandon Cooks if bringing him in, if we brought him in specifically for this game, then we're gonna have to see why we bought.
Speaker 3: Him the way you Just because I'm listen, what's the over under for the game?
Speaker 4: Three? No?
Speaker 3: No over under? Four points?
Speaker 4: Oh? Because and I respect the defenses and all that. I think the defense is gonna have to step up and make plays when they count. I don't see this being a seventeen ten game for some point. Yeah, I'm seeing some around the thirty thirty one to twenty eight something like that, because we've seen people put up points on San Francisco.
Speaker 2: People put up forty five points, and I'm going over that four point favorite.
Speaker 4: I would go over forty five because usually when you get these type of games, either either it's one of those ten.
Speaker 3: To nine games or or none of them.
Speaker 4: Sure up like the Super Bowl, right, Philly got this crazy defense and then all of a sudden it's barn burd They go.
Speaker 3: Out there and they play it the way.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be a high scoring a higher scoring game than seventeen hands being the last two. Oh that's your pick. No no, no, no, I'm saying that's what you're saying. It's gonna be Like again, I just feel like points ago because of the defenses. And I look at both of these defenses on paper, and they nullify each other. If you if you play the game like would you rather would you rather have heard?
Speaker 6: He?
Speaker 3: Would you have that? Then just go position proposition.
Speaker 4: It only gets crazy when you get to the defense because when you start looking at Micah Bosa, they ex each other out, Eric go onstead all these guys that it's in the secondary that you start looking around and going, wow, man, they got a really good secondary. May not be accounting for them. And then oh, by the way they're receiving is I mean he is balling this year next to Deebo Samuels, and so I mean, I know de Bo is the name everybody talks about him, but man, you got to pay attention to Brandon and and he's plagued us in these games. Yes, you over under that over under the wasty forty five, I probably go over Church.
Speaker 3: I'm going under on under going under. Yeah, I'm with you though, I'm with you on that one. Put the pull proof vest on, bro. Sorry, we got we gonna take care of you. We watched the shirt.
Speaker 2: Say you got it under and you got the Niners winning.
Speaker 3: I'll see on Friday, won't see on Friday, won't see on Friday.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 4: But if it's if it's over, if it's over that point spread, I mean, cowboy's gonna be in trouble.
Speaker 3: If the defense is leaking like that. We got that. That's I said that there was coming.
Speaker 4: There will come a game where things don't happen as we had hoped.
Speaker 3: They happened.
Speaker 4: And for in the offense, with the weapons that they've brought in a healthy Myel Gallup, Brandon Cooks, Ceedee Lamb, Tony Pollard, all these all these weapons, they're gonna go have to go out there and they're gonna have to make a play. What the defense is going to do is make that critical stop before halftime or before the end of the game to give you opportunity to go out there and win the game. And I think you're gonna see that this Sunday night. Go back to.
Speaker 3: Your Yeah, it's underneath the little button right in it.
Speaker 9: Right it says like red, Okay, you got about on the defense you played in Jackson.
Speaker 3: You guys got the barn burning.
Speaker 4: Once, right, Yeah, yeah, I guess that that the Divisional round against Pittsburgh, it was like forty four to forty two or something like that, like, but we was up forty four to seventeen, and so you know, we started playing prevents and the next thing you know, it's the fourth quarter, like.
Speaker 3: Hold on, it's forty four to thirty one. Like wait a second.
Speaker 2: And I bring that up to simply say that that that's not crazy. These things can happen. That Super Bowl game between Philadelphia and Kansas City, Philly was favored the people, they got the defense, got defense. Guess what may next thing? You know, these things can happen. These things can happen. I just think it's gonna happen. Yeah, I think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be a housecoing game. I think that is gonna have an opportunity. Does he capitalize on it out and I'm not sure, but I think he's gonna get the opportunity to go out there and still show.
Speaker 3: And I hope he pissed off. I hope Dak pissed off.
Speaker 4: I hope he's sick of everybody man like I didn't do something about it, sick of yourself.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, that too. And then everybody saying that, oh.
Speaker 4: You're this turnover prone quarterback when your whole career has been built on you not turning the ball over. Like people disrespect people that they know they can disrespect. Dak has been the most disrespected quarterback in the NFL. They don't give Jones, Matt Jones, whoever Jones of disrespected, they give that. And this is his opportunity to show them. I'm telling you, mantham o Cliff and say, let's see. Then Rode Harrison came out here and called his man, Zach Wilson straight garbage.
Speaker 3: You don't get to say so.
Speaker 4: So you mean to tell me shady standing up and saying Dak straight assn't don't ain't they equippal?
Speaker 2: I'm not sitting round.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, y'all can't y'all can't pick y'all spots on who said what whin he's an ex player. He made a statement. He said it about a quarterback. So it's still is relative.
Speaker 3: Bro hold on that about I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't value that show.
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 2: And I chose my I chose my friend.
Speaker 4: But so Steve A for every StepN A for every Bart Scott, for every Shady, for everybody on all of these medium publications that have said things about Dak and hadn't put a light on these other quarterbacks, Let's not act like this is this They've just spread this, this discriminate.
Speaker 3: They aim at that at the.
Speaker 2: End of the day, Dak Prescott is the one who went to training camp last year and talked about that whole San Francisco debacle and said, we want to get back to that, we want to get back to the playoffs. We want to rectify three minutes to go. You're back there against the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Now you're on the road. He didn't get it done, and he was a part of the reason, and they major.
Speaker 2: Part of the reason. So what he is getting today and people talking about it Yo, that's legitimate. He's got to answer it because and why are you sick of something that you talked about? You was gonna go fix you didn't fix it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do somebody. I'm on that. I'm on that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you mad, but not bro you you You said I'm gonna do something and you didn't do it. Okay, So it's legitimate enough. It's you know this, this is legit now to the levels of what people are saying. Yeah, yeah, you can have your own debates to sit up here like Shaney gonna call a man, I'm not taking that series. But ultimately for you to say we we can't wait to get back here, We're gonna do something three minutes ago, you don't do it.
Speaker 3: No age.
Speaker 2: And I've been a person who's defended that long, but after that game, I couldn't defend it.
Speaker 4: This was what you said, you wanted, You got it. Your lost fair change ain't no robbery. So if he if he show up and he balled out, I just want to have that same energy, just come with that same and what.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not. I just looked at you like I didn't want you. I didn't you with that same about but she was like, accidentally just happened, Like we.
Speaker 4: Look at you, like so much confidence that this this offense is about to throw up thirty one.
Speaker 3: On on on San Francisco. I just have confidence in this offense.
Speaker 4: I have. I have confidence saying what Mike McCarthy has done out of confidence in his defense and so far, even this red zone problem, it's a problem, but it's a good problem to have because if you fix it, man, it's gonna put you in a whole nother stratosphere as far as points in the league. And I also think that we are getting better. We saw the wars that we had against Arizona. Like I said, we came out and we say, man, we want you to be able to throw the ball the right way on the fade route. We want to see you take take some shots down the field. We want to see Michael Gallup get involved all that, and then you come in the next game and we did.
Speaker 3: We actually did it right. They started doing that.
Speaker 4: And then I watched the game with San Francisco and Arizona and they're.
Speaker 3: Not like world beating, like people can score on them.
Speaker 4: And I feel like if we continue to get better, I would still sit here and say that the offense is better or has more potential than the Arizona Cardinals. So we should be able to watch that film and say, hey, this is where we can, you know, make some stuff happen, especially if our defense don't come out and get those type of turnovers. Michael Carty is gonna have to open up the playbook and he's been in the lab.
Speaker 3: And more sugar in the kool aid. Interesting, make y'all think.
Speaker 4: So you're saying that if our defense don't show up, you believe that we at that point we were getting blown out.
Speaker 2: We have no proof this is what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have no proof. I'm consistently seeing I don't. I don't have any proof it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, you're talking about fixing the problems we went the was that Arizonazon issues horrible?
Speaker 3: We're horrible. Then we come over to the patres. I mean was it I count five?
Speaker 4: I counted c I'm counting, like I know, the stats ain't gonna count it when you down there on the two minute drill or whatever you calling the red zone defense in that in that situation, your your defensive coordinators calling the red zone defense. It don't count that way, but I'm looking at it. It saying they threw fade routes the week before, couldn't complete them. They counted that it's not being able to execute in the red zone. They came back the next week and said, we're gonna throw these fade routes in the red area and we're gonna score.
Speaker 3: That is our show.
Speaker 2: Thank you very church, thank you, thank you's you got those studios cha rightboys dot com.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.